Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, here we go.
Speaker 2: All right, let's let's get going, because look, charge on a tight schedule. He's got to get to the Minnesota State Fair, which I'm sure he.
Speaker 1: Loves, Sure that he dies.
Speaker 3: I love the fair. That sounded sincere.
Speaker 4: Yes, we do love all the people to come out. It was such a show and interactions with the crowd. That's the best part for sure.
Speaker 2: I love the fair. Yeah, can't wait, but you got to get there. So let's get started. Time for the twenty twenty four Initials Invitational, presented by Saint Paul Better ready.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so all right.
Speaker 2: The idea was to have three to six wild cards, but then what happened is Parish scored four and nine billion people scored three. So we thought of about fifteen different ways to do it. Some seemed unfair, some seemed kind of fair. This felt like the most fair way to do it. We just have a couple of playing games. We randomized the groups. You three were randomized into this group, Paul Charchi and Mike Graham and Chris Hockey. Let's go around the room and find out what happens if you guys win and advance and by the way, because there are three of you and we're doing a full game of twelve.
Speaker 3: This does count for stats accounts to wins.
Speaker 2: Sorry, So even if somebody locks it up after eight, we're gonna play this thing out.
Speaker 3: So just run up the score just for fun. Now, that's gonna be me running up the score. Well times.
Speaker 5: Bring it on, brother one in one hundred three and two zero five three two six. By the way, get yourself ready for your phone.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, court, what happens if Mike Grim wins today and advances to this semi finals.
Speaker 5: Grim is sponsored today by our friends at both Great Clips and American Building Contractors ABC. If you wants to say, you can tweet at Marni Gellner and tag at Great Clips as well as at Mark Dee Parrish and at ABC will Help Today. Through the end of Sunday, one Lucky one is gonna win one free year of haircuts at Great Clips and another Lucky Winter will one hundred dollars Visa gift cards.
Speaker 1: So there you go, Graham, A.
Speaker 3: Lot of pressure, all right, yeah, very much.
Speaker 1: Fine, You're like a NASCAR driver.
Speaker 3: Very you got to thank all the sponsor that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And don't forget By the way, all these shutout rules and things, you guys are already in the next year's tournament. So if you get zero, oh that's that stress is gone. It's irrelevant for this game. What happens if Paul Chargion wins in advances.
Speaker 5: Charge of Sponsors today by our friends at Seventh Avenue Pizza. You head on over to your local Coburns, cash Wise or Marketplace Foods and take advantage of the buy one, get one free sale going on on all Seventh Avenue Pizza. And if charge Wenesday tweet at Meat Sauce one and tag Seventh Avenue Pizza through the end of Sunday, one lucky winner will win one hundred dollars to put towards restocking their freezer with Seventh Avenue Pizza.
Speaker 2: One of the all time upsets, Right, Lawyer Lambert against charge Man John Cale. Yeah happy for him? Yeah yeah, right dude, Big Chris. Finally, what happens if you get to the finish line and win Today?
Speaker 5: As always, I'm sponsored by my good friends at Radco and ragcoud dot com. Find ween today you get tep percent off your entire order now through Monday in store online of radcoud dot com. When you use some promo code, Initials discount doesn't apply to toppers, but everything else that does.
Speaker 1: Thank your brad code love you buy.
Speaker 2: The home version at Initials game dot com. Go play it out in bars and restaurants. You can take all locations at Initials game live dot com.
Speaker 3: Help me a.
Speaker 2: Whole bunch of bars and breweries and restaurants all over the Twin Cities.
Speaker 3: You can go play it all the time. It's super fun.
Speaker 1: It's fun you.
Speaker 2: But before we play the first playing game, let's potentially give away seventy two thousand dollars. It's time for the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union initials jackpop.
Speaker 5: That's right, one hundred three and two zero five three two six. I'll get to the phones in a second. Seventy two grand on the line. You're looking to buy a new car, save money in your current car loan, do it with Saint Paul Federal Credit Union, now offering Carlan rates as low as six point two nine percent. Apply today. It's Sint Paul fu dot org slized kfan federally insured by the end CEA.
Speaker 2: All right, this thing goes up five hundred dollars every week, but since we already had a game on Monday, it's still the same number as it was on Monday, which.
Speaker 3: Is seventy two thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: If you get one letter in the right spot, Saint Paul Federal Credit Union gives you two hundred and fifty bucks. If you get them both right, you win the Progressive Jackpot, which is now at an all time high. It's an insane number. It's a life changing amount of money. It's seventy two thousand dollars. Charge and grimmer. You just watched me walk over to the actual thing that is a Saint Paul Federal Credit Union vault. They gave it to us a couple of years ago. That vault's just been sitting there in the corner. I sit there during commercial breaks sometimes when Sauce is going com That's where I sit.
Speaker 4: I've seen you get crawl into it, which is pretty impressive, just to get away from Sauce.
Speaker 3: I'm flexible.
Speaker 5: You know what you need to break into that, some bitch, that's what you need to do. Let's see if you've got skills from now.
Speaker 2: Well, I know the code, Yeah, who else knows the code? I think just Barb and Zach, I know you.
Speaker 3: Did you have to do these two this week then? Or did you have some in the of the hopper? Hopper?
Speaker 2: So there are two packets, I believe, I think Grummer, I think you're the lower seed, right if somebody can I think chart? Okay, so Mummer, you're the lower seed out of you in chart. So I'm gonna let you decide my packet one or packet too. The other one goes to the eight twenty group. Which do you want? I will go with packet one.
Speaker 3: You're going number one? Number two. You're going to regret that. I think I regret either. All right, all right, let's get old car now.
Speaker 5: Harner Color is working and there's a fan blowing so we can hear him, but he is there.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, all right, good morning. What is your name? Where are you from?
Speaker 2: Matt? Hi? Matt?
Speaker 3: What's up? Man? Where are you from? How you doing?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Go ahead, that's good, fine, yeah, yeah, yeah. He's got a family, he's working, so yeah, that is from somewhere.
Speaker 3: Matt. You have a chance.
Speaker 2: All right, it's fine, seventy two thousand dollars if you simply just tell me the initials I'm about to use.
Speaker 3: What do you want to guess? I'm gonna go with m N, m N as in Minnesota, MN.
Speaker 1: You got it?
Speaker 6: Got it?
Speaker 3: Okay, he's going MN. The Minnesota State Fair starting guessing.
Speaker 2: Matt might be guessing his own initials, who knows, but he's going with MN for a shot.
Speaker 3: At seventy two thousand dollars. Is he still alive? Does he have at least one?
Speaker 6: Right? No?
Speaker 3: Sorry, Matt, No, And man, we've been cold for a while.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's been a I don't know, maybe a month or two since we've given away even two hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 5: Take the rest of the day off anyway, Matt, Yeah, all right, here we go.
Speaker 2: All right, Playing game number one, Charge Grimmer and Chris Hockey, yell out your name? Your name is your buzzer best out of twelve regardless. Again, these are first stats. This counts no matter what the initials for Playing game number one.
Speaker 5: Come on, h L, interesting, h.
Speaker 6: L. Here we go.
Speaker 2: Item one of HL. Clue number one cause discomfort. Clue number two about the size of a sesame seed. Clue number three most commonly connected to children.
Speaker 3: Huh yep, headlce. That's right.
Speaker 2: Wow, head lice gets Chris on the board, and yes, sure Chris Lee is one nothing over Grimmer in charge. Here's number two of HL. Clue number one, often a focal point of conflict. Clue number two is often discussed in a book. Clue number three often connected to tourism. Clue number four this is an area or region. Clue number five often connected to pilgrimages church holy Land.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no pun intended.
Speaker 2: Could I have strung out the word pilgrim any longer? But that is correct? Holy Land Again. It's charge on the board and it's one to one.
Speaker 3: I'm off to a great story. You really are?
Speaker 2: Here is number three of h L Clue number one. This is often considered smooth. Clue number two is often rubbed. Clue number three, one of the words is a body part. Clue number four can be scented or unscented. Grim yep, hand lotion.
Speaker 5: That's right, and we have a three way tie.
Speaker 3: Everybody's on the board.
Speaker 1: First thing threw me off?
Speaker 2: Great charge, grim, all have one, We're three three all nootted up.
Speaker 3: Here's number four of HL.
Speaker 2: Clue number one can create a sense of balance or tranquility.
Speaker 6: Clue number two found in mathematics. Clue number three.
Speaker 3: Go left to right or right to left.
Speaker 6: Clue number four.
Speaker 3: The slope is zero.
Speaker 6: Clue number five.
Speaker 2: Some of these can be found in the logos for Van Halen and Weezer.
Speaker 6: Fin clue clue number six.
Speaker 2: These are straight and flat five four, three, two one?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: What is what is straight and flat? Something level? Horizontal lines? Those are horizontal lines. I thought, when the again this is? You know, I don't I didn't know which a packet this was. When I said the slope is zero, my charge is going to jump all over. That didn't get it with slope is zero, I know, all right. Nobody gets horizontal line and we have a three way tie through four.
Speaker 3: Here's number five of h L.
Speaker 2: Clue number one can be for practicality, functionality, or simply aesthetics.
Speaker 6: Clue number two.
Speaker 3: Is often extremely organized.
Speaker 6: Clue number three.
Speaker 2: This can feature ambient lighting. Clue number four This involves a collection. Clue number five. This can be a small area or space or nook, or an entire dedicated room. Final clue clue number six storing and reading books in your own house.
Speaker 4: Huh yeah, home library, Yes, that's a home library.
Speaker 3: That's a home library. Didn't seem super confident.
Speaker 5: No, Yeah, I just I guess I didn't know that was a thing. Yeah, library nicely, Okay, all right, I'll take it.
Speaker 2: Chris has two grim in charge each with one seven to go. Here's number six of HL. Clue number one can very in severity. Clue number two takes time. Clue number three forms patterns grim yep, habitual, liar, oh, good, cast dude out. For the rest of number six, my grim were down to charch and hawk. Clue number four forms spots. Clue number five not exclusively, but is most commonly connected to heads.
Speaker 6: Clue Clue number six.
Speaker 2: Causes baldness, charge charge hair loss, hair loss, I'm familiar.
Speaker 3: Simply hair loss.
Speaker 2: Charge with two, hawk with two, grim with one. I'm feeling the nerves starting to kick in ers halfway through the game.
Speaker 3: Here's number seven of HL.
Speaker 6: Clue number one.
Speaker 2: Changing this prevents long term wear and tear. Clue number two is a specific position. Clue number three Moving this can increase or decrease the difficulty.
Speaker 6: Clue number four.
Speaker 3: This is directly connected to the color green.
Speaker 6: Clue number five.
Speaker 2: It's most commonly moves Thursday through Sunday.
Speaker 6: Final clue Clue number six.
Speaker 3: A pin is placed here on a golf course.
Speaker 2: Five or three two charge, charge five or three two?
Speaker 3: Grim one? Did you ring in next?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: Grimmer? Whole location? That's a whole location.
Speaker 2: You change the whole location Thursday through Sunday to change the difficulty. All right, uh man, maybe maybe this's a tough list, but this one's fun. Everybody single clue.
Speaker 1: I know these seemed like like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Like all right, everybody has the p is we're morons.
Speaker 1: That could be it.
Speaker 2: Or maybe you're just overthinking it. Maybe you're overthinking it. Who knows five to go?
Speaker 5: And you guys are all nine overthinking it because these all seem very generic and I'm thinking too hard.
Speaker 3: Sure you know, uh, five to go? Two to two to two. Here's number eight.
Speaker 1: There's much between the cheeks.
Speaker 3: That's rights number eight of h L.
Speaker 6: Clue number one.
Speaker 2: In a sense, is a series of goals. Clue number two you could be on one of these.
Speaker 6: Clue number three.
Speaker 2: Features names hawk yep hot list out For the rest of number eight, we're down to grimmer and charge. Clue number four involves eliminations.
Speaker 6: Clue number five are targets. No clue Clue number six.
Speaker 2: These are compiled for contract killers. Charge Yep, hitless. That's a hit list. Hawk was super close. Hit list is the right answer.
Speaker 3: I had lists. I just couldn't figure out the first word and go, that's a hit list. Everybody had list probably, but I.
Speaker 2: Uh Danny McGrath went to nib High and he had a hit list, and uh Billy Madison was on that list.
Speaker 3: He couldn't boy, am I glad? I called that.
Speaker 2: Charge with three Grim and Hawk with two apiece four to go. Everybody's still in this one, but Charge has the one point lead with four to go.
Speaker 3: Here's number nine of HL.
Speaker 6: Clue number one.
Speaker 3: In a sense, these date back centuries. Clue number two can require a course. Clue number three often requires a fee. Clue number four involved in regulation. Him yep, team license. That's right.
Speaker 2: You know it's crazy, Chris yesterday, Clue six.
Speaker 3: I name big game pheasants, deer, quail and bear.
Speaker 2: Remember at the end of yesterday's show, we randomly talked about how many people were applying.
Speaker 3: For bear hunting licenses.
Speaker 2: What are the chances that's going to be in tomorrow's game? I thought it was so weird anyway, Hunting license is the right answer, and Grimmer is tied for the lead. Grim you have three charts, you have three hawks won back three to go.
Speaker 3: Everybody stole in this. Here's number ten of HL.
Speaker 6: Clue number one.
Speaker 2: This is often a part of a program. Clue number two is prepared. Clue number three is often received in a line. Charge was first hot lunch?
Speaker 3: That's right, hot lunch gives charge the lead man. Do you were right behind him?
Speaker 2: That's that's Grimmer's history of this game is being right behind everybody lay in a day late and a dollar hot lunch charge. With two to go, you have a one point lead. If you get either of the remaining two charts, you're moving on to the semism.
Speaker 3: You need to stay with this.
Speaker 2: Chris needs the last two to force a tiebreaker, but everybody is mathematically so alive with two to go, charge going for the win.
Speaker 3: Here's number eleven.
Speaker 6: Of h L.
Speaker 2: Clue number one is demanding. Clue number two requires effort. Clue number three ken feature excuse me numerous responsibilities.
Speaker 6: Clue number four.
Speaker 2: Does the vast majority or more most critical aspects of a given project.
Speaker 6: Clue number five is.
Speaker 2: A burden charge for the win heavy load Grim heavy lifting.
Speaker 7: That's the heavy lifting. If you're doing the heavy lifting. Oh, we had a couple of that's doing the heavy lifting on the right, on the right path.
Speaker 2: All right, charge, all right, Chris, that mathematically eliminate two. But you get to keep playing because you could force a tiebreaker. But if either of you charge or Grim gets the final one, you're moving on to the semis. The loser scores four and just gets to put those in the stats, and that's it.
Speaker 3: Ready charge Ready Grimmer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's number twelve for the win chart and grim hl.
Speaker 6: Clue number one.
Speaker 2: Can come in many shapes, including parabolic or flat. Clue number two this can be found in the food service industry. Clue number three sometimes appear in a bathroom. Clue number four this is connected to chicks. Clue number five at the industrial level can be involved in drying Grim for the wind heat lamp. That's that's a heat lamp, and Mike Grim walks it off. Chick says in the animal that is like, you know, a bunch of.
Speaker 3: Chicks job comparison lamp. That was great.
Speaker 1: Job, dude.
Speaker 3: You had two sponsors. You got two sponsors.
Speaker 1: That's right, good points.
Speaker 5: So here we go, sponsored by our friends of Great Clips and ABC American Building Contractors. So tweet ad Martie Gellner, and tag at Great Clips as well as.
Speaker 3: At Mark D.
Speaker 5: Parrish and at ABC will help today through the end of Sunday, one lucky winter is gonna win one free year of haircuts at Great Clips and another lucky winner is gonna win one hundred dollars Visa gift card.
Speaker 1: So two people getting paid because of.
Speaker 2: Your Grammarsde continued that that's the difference.
Speaker 3: That's the difference. Charts. Your time wasn't until you said it then heavy that it was easy.
Speaker 1: Well, careful church, be careful, brother.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to get to the fair.
Speaker 6: Fair.
Speaker 3: I've no it's it's going to it's going to be great. We're gonna relax.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my FFW call host Scott Fish is going to help me out on the show a little bit as well.
Speaker 3: Awesome. Yeah, nice, all right, we'll see you guys a little bit later. You got it.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Charge charge today at the Minnesota State Fair, Grimmer, can you be back here in about an hour for the for the semi final draw, because I'm here forever. You perish and the other winner have to pick the semi final that you get to play into based.
Speaker 3: On a random wheel that we're going to spin.
Speaker 2: So there's a draft essentially in an hour, with you in Parish and somebody else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, excellent.
Speaker 2: More of the Power to Your Money show after this, and then the second playing game at eight twenty right here on the fan