Speaker 1: Greene's incitations. Everyone at Church Wilson Walk in the Fantasy Baseball Live. Today is the twenty eighth of June, about three o'clock in the afternoon, and it is summertime here in beautiful New Jersey. Tim, it's going to get to be one hundred and five on Thursday. Yikes.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, good for you. You can keep that.
Speaker 1: I've got high school tournaments ago to this week. I'm doing a run a minor league stadiums on Tuesday and Wednesday in Maryland. And then it's been really nice the last few weeks and then all of a sudden, I've got all these trips planned and it's like, oh my gosh, I'm gonna be melting out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're looking at We're looking at mid eighties here, which is pretty darn hot by our standards. So yeah, we got a nice week of warm weather coming up. And you know what, it is, June twenty eighth, meaning the next time we get together, we're gonna be on the other side of the halfway mark of the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty much right out the halfway mark. I know. It's this season is flying really, Yes, how's the season been for you?
Speaker 2: How has it been for me? Well, in two leagues, i lost Ponts, Parton and Brown before the season even got started. Okay, so it's I've got some teams that are absolutely dreadful, and I've got some teams I'm sitting near the top or at the top of the leaderboard. So it's sort of up, down, and all over the place. But because I invested heavily in several pictures and he seemed like a good plan at the time, I'm languishing in something and there's nothing I can do about it. You know, in one league, I think I've got like double digits on the IL. I've also got Langford, I lost Elie de la Cruz, you name it. I've basically lost it. And it's tough. Yeah, you do the best you can to try and find replacements. But hey, when you lose a third of your pitching staff, you know, in the first week of the season, basically, yeah, your toast, that's all, is it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's tough to recover from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, almost impossible.
Speaker 1: So well, I've been totally distracted this season. So we had we had two real estate major real estate transactions, personal stuff and busy, and then I've done more scouting this season than I have. It feels like that I have in prior seasons, and I've.
Speaker 2: Just I.
Speaker 3: Have.
Speaker 1: I've been distracted, I don't have to tell you. And I haven't had a chance to really work the waiver wires. I've been working the waiver wires for my dynasty leagues, for Dynasty league players, for minor leaguers, but I just haven't kept up with closer switches. And you give us so many options, I can't even figure out which are the right ones for me. It's it's been tough.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it's a hard enough game to play when you've got the time to play it. When you don't have the time to play it, yeah, it gets to be a little bit more of a challenge. So yeah, yeah, I know it's it's tough. That's why i've often, you know, thought back to twenty some odd years ago. I was playing a lot of redraft leagues. At that point in time, dynasty leagues were you know, there were some keeper leagues, but dynasty leagues weren't really a thing, you know, flourishing. It really wasn't happening. And you know, when you're looking, I don't think I would have had the time to play them. You know, I'm down now to basically one dynasty and one fifteen team keeper league, and I don't know how you do it. I'm playing that number of dynasty leagues. Man, it's a lot of work. It's a crazy amount of work, it really is.
Speaker 1: This was the first week that I didn't have So we've sold the house and we bought the house. I saw that's done, and I feel like a whole time frame has been lifted. So I actually had a chance to spend time with my leagues. I'm going, oh, I got Cooper Pratt in the league. I'm very excited. So I was like, it's all excited. I got up into my how to get in my lineup? So yeah, little things, little things here.
Speaker 2: Well you you don't have time for the little things? Yeah, yeah, And that's what makes it tough. And in dynasty leagues, it's all about a lot of those little things, you know, the guys that you stashed away, okay on in the hopes at some point in time, like Cooper Pratt might get a call up, right, and players that have grown this year and increase their value of Hey, when you've got the number of dynasty leagues you have, you're going to find surprises until you get into it on a like a full time, full time basis, and that could be good and bad.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, it is what it is. It's the professional I have chosen. I'm not complaining. I get paid to watch baseball games, so yeah, I'm pretty happy about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And I get I get paid to torment you by picking closers you've never heard of.
Speaker 1: Right, So that's true, that's true. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. I cut you some slack this week because there were there's there's a couple of opportunities out there. But I looked at the teams, I looked at the players. I said, no, no, I'm not mentioning these guys. Okay, maybe verbally we can go through it, we get to. But I listed one name in the closer report and all the rest of them, I just said, no, if Rich doesn't want these guys, said, that's good enough for me. This week on the fringe dart tossing, can we So next.
Speaker 1: Week I think that'll be the fifth, Right, So it's on Saturday, Right, So on the fifth, maybe your closer report either that week or the following week, you can start to give some thought to if a role as Chapman leaves and look at the Boston Red Sox, like, like, who's going to be left? Because they might trade the setup guy too.
Speaker 2: I don't even like Wedlock. Yeah, he's the guy that I'm telling people to buy right now is Wedlock? But you're right, Yeah, and the Mets could trade Williams and Luke Weaver. H you know what I mean? That's yeah, I would like.
Speaker 1: I would like some discussion about that, taking a look at the obvious guys Devin Williams enrolled as Chapman, and then like, who would you be buying now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, that sounds like a good fun exercise because, let's face it, if you can sneak in on some of those relief pitchers, yeah, you're you're still looking at two months of the season. You could be looking at, you know, four or five saves a month, eight to ten saves. If you can multiply that by one or two guys, your three points in saves could grow into six to eight and be of value once we get to the last week of the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, let's look at these games. I'm gonna they go to the Texas Rangers versus the Toronto Blue Jays, and just if we can just bemoan the fact that at Langford has it the iel again. Just he looked like exactly what we thought he was going to be at the beginning of the See he has been fire the last two or three weeks and then it's just hamstring pull and out through the All Star break.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It was one of those where if I drank, I'd probably be doing this blowing a two point two on the breathalyzer. Rich. It was just like, come on, give the old guy a break. Okay, Uh yeah that that that one hurts you. The only good thing is the timing and that you will be old. There's there's three games that you won't have to worry about over the All Star break.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the only that's the only good news about that one. And yeah, I scrambled and tossed Evin Carter into the mix for the waiver wire because that's the right guy. Yeah, but can we.
Speaker 1: All admit that you were right on Evan Carter. He couldn't lefties in the minor leagues. He brought that up to everybody's attention. I'm not sure he can hit, right, he's very well. I mean, he's just turn he's just turned out to be not that good.
Speaker 2: No, it's hey, there's limitations. And he's in a position where he's a fourth oatfielder, reserve type oatfielder who will at best platoon and at worst to get two hundred and two hundred and fifty eight bats a year. And I think that's who the player is. Rich.
Speaker 1: You don't think he'll get more than two hundred and fifty at bats up because he is a strong side platoon, right, So he.
Speaker 2: Had three hundred and three. He's not gonna play full time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it's yeah, we just I I missed on him, and early in his career. I figured it out once he got into Triple A that there was a big problem. But I mean, sometimes you don't see the splits until the player gets into with better pitching because everything looks like a fastball in the lower levels of the minor leagues and the US to get guys that can actually spend the ball. And also that's when the splits really start to come out. And he's just never been able to solve it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking at the Jay's game here. And Bieber's up to ninety one pitchers pitches and they still have them in there in the in the sixth inning. I think they're treading dangerously on on that situation that one nothing game could could change fairly quickly.
Speaker 1: Four walks. That's a little disappointed. But obviously pitch better than he did the first game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he definitely did. He just allowed another hit, so they got two on yeah, one out. Yeah, I'm a little ticked.
Speaker 1: I didn't start Komba Rocker at all. I didn't start Bieber purposely didn't start bb I was a little do I start Koomber Rocker? He had a rough last outing and I decided not to, And he's just shoving it against the Blue Jays.
Speaker 2: Well, and let's let's face it, the Jays right now their offense basically is being carried by O Komoto with his two forty batting average. Laddie is down I believe, under eight hundred in the ops.
Speaker 1: He's almost under seven hundred. My friend, yes, seven two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have got a grand total of well, lad he's at two seventy. Nathan Lukes, who us at three oh five, or any clements having a fine season at three oh one. But I mean there's a lot of two under batting averages in there and no power.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and you know, if they brought up Keys, he played yesterday and that's why. But the problem with Keys is to make it work, they have to either take George Springer or Glad Junior out of the lineup to get him in there.
Speaker 1: Yep, you know that's yeah, And you're not going to take your five hundred million dollar man out. And George Springer is a bit in the heart and soul of that team. So I don't know. That's what makes Keys a tough ad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very much. So. I wasn't sure how they were going to do it, even though I got lucky and they did make the move, But it's a move with limitations, serious limitations. What happens if Keys go out? It goes out in his next game and hits two home runs? Well, Springer or Vladie's not in the lineup? Is Springer or Vlady not in the lineup two days in a row? Now that becomes a problem, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't. I can't imagine that. One of our Patreon members. Again, I encourage you, but to become a Patreon member. It's a it's a cult, Tommy right, it's it's not a not a club, it's a cult.
Speaker 2: We're okay with Yeah, Yeah, I'm perfectly fine. We had a fun discussion today. Actually, one of the guys made a trade with you, okay, and they were talking, you know, he was talking about you going to get.
Speaker 1: Trash for the trade.
Speaker 2: Probably did no, Actually no, they wanted me to make the trade on air with you. Okay, okay, negotiat negotiated trade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I made a trade. I have a sea that's just going nowhere.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And it's a shame because I've got Paul Skins on that team. It's just going nowhere, and I'm stuck in like ninth place. And uh, i have Ranger Suarez, which I have Rangel swarz about every team and saves a kick on him in a bunch of leagues. He woned both of those players. I'm assuming he's competing. And it gave me Max Clark and yep, somebody else. Oh, oh, Grant Taylor. Grant Taylor and a third round pick for he first had Indie Rodriguez included in that he was on my team. I thought that was too much so I took Andy Rodriguez out and I was just, uh, yeah, Grant Taylor, Max Clark, and Max Clark has not been very good after the first few weeks of the season. I still believe. So I'm a bit of a soccer for Max Clark, but I mean, I'm not playing for this season and Ranger swars and then say, Azuke, you can be good for the next couple of years, but I'm hoping Max Clark makes up for that and Grant Taylor really becomes a closer or a big starter or so. I thought it was a fair trade all around. So that's why I did it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it had definitely definitely a good trade. And yeah, my comments you know, when they asked you we should do it on ere, I said, well, does he had do you need any former MVV guys And they said, well, no, Rich won't have any of those. I said, how about I could negotiate for closers and Rich ain't gonna have any of them. So we had, we had, We had, we had fun with it. We really did good for you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I got the reason I brought it up. I got a note from somebody that says, you know, with these worm burners, I e. Vlad Junior and Tatis Junior hitting the ball on the ground. How hard is it to change the swing and hit the ball in the air. And my response was, well, it's hard. And when you're an established star, in Vlad Junior's case, you're making five hundred million dollars and what is it Tatis is two fifty three, And it's a tough motivation to go to these guys and go, we really need you to lift the ball more to hit more home runs. And so are they going to do it? I don't know. If you're in the minor leagues and you're twenty one years old and thea A coach comes over to and says, look, you're not going anywhere unless you change your angles on your swing. You're going to change your angles on your swing. That's just the way it is.
Speaker 2: The player is saying, yeah, okay, how do we get started?
Speaker 1: That's right? Yeah? And how how can I get better? And so for and maybe Vlad Junior is going to have to buy into Okay, maybe I need to start get the ball in the air a little bit more, and maybe he'll he'll buy into that. Maybe in an off season discussion. Maybe he'll do that. I mean, we'll see, But I don't think. I think Lad Juniors has gotten into some bad habits here and the results are starting to starting to really speak for themselves. Maybe he's worn out a little bit after the long season last year and never got a chance to take time off in the off season. Maybe the conditioning is becoming part of the problem. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, definitely, that's what the young side rich. It's all about bad habits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's it's and I just I think it's really important because it's funny because I've been doing a lot of work with agents and I get stories from these guys. I've actually heard conversations with these kids. I mean they're kids on the phone, and it's like, hey, man, they want me to do this. I'm not doing this. They paid me a million dollars in a signing bonus. Don't they know who I am?
Speaker 2: Basically, Oh, yeah, you're a minor leaguer. Yeah they got they got next to nothing invested in, right, and yeah.
Speaker 1: Like the agent's trying to tell them, you know, trying to make them feel good, like, yeah, you're the man, and you're going to figure all this out, but also trying to convey that, you know, the fill in the blank team is a good organization. You need to listen to them. I know, personally, this guy, I mean, they have your best interest at heart, and they're trying to sell them on this kind I mean, these players have been doing it this this certain way for years and a lot of them just don't want to change, and then others want to change right off the bat. I mean they're highly motivated, they get they get it all. It's just different players, different personalities out there.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and you know what ultimately kicking off the organization that happens to be paying the freight and looking at you as a long term and it's not a good way to start a relationship. It really isn't. And you will lose eventually if things don't, if they don't change, if you're not who they Hey, there's a mess of players that are twenty seven to thirty five years old playing in the minor leagues or in Korea or in Japan, or are the baseball Okay, at some point in time, if they say jump from you, you should be looking at putting your ego aside and saying how high if you want a good career, a good and long career in the majors.
Speaker 1: Yeah. People talk about makeup, and a lot of people misconstrue makeup as the guy's a bad person or a good person. That's not it. It's are you willing to be coached? Are you willing to listen? Are you willing to try different things? That's what good makeup. That's when organizations talk about. That's what they're talking about good makeup. Not that the guy versus like a sailor or you know, maybe drinks too much or something like that. I mean, those are more other issues. But makeup is you know, are you willing to put in the time in the effort to make stuff happen?
Speaker 2: And well yeah, and if you're not, eventually decisions will be made and the team's gonna win. Yeah. Yeah, the employer always does right.
Speaker 1: Most of the time. They're gonna win. Blad Junior, Lad Junior is gonna win every time because he's the face of the franchise. So they're gonna have to negotiate with Lad Junior if they want him to change his swing to add more loft to hit more home runs. That's gonna have that's gonna be a dicey conversation.
Speaker 2: Well, and again, it'll give us a good indication who it is because he wants to be the face of the franchise. He wants to be the team cheerleader, the go to guy, all that stuff, and he's projected that very very well over his career thus far. So a challenge. It'll be interesting to see the tone set. How does that sound?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah. I think when you get the Vlad Junior's level, when you're considered one of the best players in the league, it's it's a tough conversation because it's like, look, this has always worked for me. The power is gonna come. I'm strong, and you got to sit there and go, yeah, you're getting older too, you know. So those are hard conversations. So you and I, well, yeah, they are older conversations.
Speaker 2: Well, and it's one with a veteran who's tied into a contract with a lot of zero is one that has to be done respectfully. Yeah, okay, then yeah, yeah, yeah. You know, I was just looking at the standings in the Ale. Do you realize as of today there are only four teams in the al over five hundred Okay, and the third best record in the AL is currently being held White so by the White Sox.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's funny. I that's it was five when we did the review, what two or three weeks ago, and that's down to four. Look at that. Yeah, I'm looking at another rais the Yankees, the White Sox and the Mayor. Oh and the Braves at six five at five hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at five hundred, the Braves.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, the Braves are in. I got the wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just gonna say, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So there's only four and there's and one of the Mariners have a five hundred record. Wow, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're the only four teams right now over five hundred and Neale or you know Tampa, the Yankees, the White Socks, and the Guardians at forty three and forty. Everybody else is five hundred or worse.
Speaker 1: And you gotta believe Tim with the with the construction of the Guardians team without Jose Ramirez in two weeks, are they going to be in a week are they going to be.
Speaker 2: Over five hundred last ten games or four and six?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's trending in the wrong direction.
Speaker 2: Yes, most definitely did you catch the the White Sox game where they got the safety near the end, made up for the lost extra point and got up to twenty two runs.
Speaker 1: I saw that. I looked at my guys that I had from the White Sox. They didn't do so well, but yeah, but that was that was an impressive performance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it was impressive about that. And very very unusual is the Royals put in they utilize the regular bullpen being down like fifteen runs. Yeah, Ersig was in there, laying was in there like.
Speaker 1: A positional player. I thought he was a positional player like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pictures like, yeah, but they used a regular bullpen in a blowout like That's something you don't see very often, is it.
Speaker 1: No, And it's pretty shocking. And I just assume that it was positional guys coming. That's that's really bad one. It's the regular bullpen.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think Lango torched for five or five and runs or something like that. But yeah, you don't you don't see that. And Vargus had a huge day and he's got another home run is nineteenth today. Uh, Vargas is turning into quite the quite the player this year, isn't he?
Speaker 1: It's amazing. Yeah, and uh they're just holding They're doing better than holding court into uh until the big slugger comes back. So it's yeah, Murakamie, I mean, it's it's impressive. Other games, Tampa Bay is up five to nothing on the Diamondbacks. Simonbacks is forty one and forty one. Our buddy Cedric Mullins had a home run. Not having a great season, but he's a second half guy, so hopefully he'll start to win up a little bit.
Speaker 2: You know what really surprised me when when I look at the Rays, is their their their lead off that okay, Yandy Diaz, he's up to fifty three RBIs Yeah, yeah, we were talking about Yeah, we were talking about Junior Cameranaro off to a rough start. Yeah, he's hit about ten home runs in the past week. He's up to twenty two now. Monster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a monster.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We talked him up on the discord page, and as soon as we talked him up about about him not hitting many home runs in June, he went on a terror and hit one. He's I think he's hit one every day for the past week, week and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's a forty home run guy. He's going to compete for home run titles. That's that's a big, strong DUDEO Yandy diaz is. I mean, if he had more power, looks like with his arms, he would hit nine hundred home runs a year. But he's more a double cetter. But that's a good player. I mean it's a good baseball player. Not a great fantasy player, but a really good baseball player.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, he's hitting three thirty six this year. Yeah, to go along with fifty three RB and Mullen with the Cavin Arrow hitting behind him, hitting home runs on a regular basis, his run scored, I've got to be off the charts good, I would think. So.
Speaker 1: I watch a lot of Orioles games because a big Oriole fan. I've never watched Pete Alonso play many games. I know he played for the Mets, but I never really watched Mets games. Who the hell watch Mets games? You know, he's a Mets fan. He's a he's a fun player, he's very enthusiastic. He's he seems like a guy that he's a guy that you want to root for. And I'm looking at him and going I wonder if that's a big problem with the Mets, and obviously they fired their manager. They just don't have like a Pete a Lonzo, very good player, but a guy who looks like a natural team leader to me, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That could be here. It's just underachieving into me any different areas combined with injuries. Yeah, it's Freddy Perrault has been a huge disappointment that did not work out. Yeah. They they bet on Bova shit, and I don't know if they consider that working out. You know, Biento's didn't develop. Beattie is batting two eleven, So what the potential we saw last year seems to have disappeared. Yeah, Carson Benge and the other kid, yeah ewing, Yeah, there's this potential there, but I don't know it's I've heard it's a lot of personality clashes could be abundant.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so my understanding, and a huge Mets fan told me this buddy of mine. He said, look, man, you should dig into lend Door versus Sosa. Apparently their their lockers are at the opposite ends of the of the clubhouse. Apparently they don't like each other and it's a huge rift and nobody everybody dances around it in the clubhouse, and that was big reason that the manager got let go, because he wasn't able to solve that. I've heard rumors that pool Holes is interested.
Speaker 2: In the job.
Speaker 1: I don't know why he would be. Maybe he can mend defenses, or maybe one of them's got to go to him.
Speaker 2: Well, pool Holes is big enough, he can at least defend himself well in a scrap. Yeah, but no, Hey, when you've got three quarters of a billion dollars not getting along, If that is the case, that's problematic, isn't it. Yes, Yes, very much so. And hey, you know a manager is never going to win that one.
Speaker 1: No. I mean it's tough, but I mean that's quite frankly. Look, analytics are making all the baseball decisions these days. That the job of the manager is to get the players to get along. That's his job, and if, for whatever you can't get it done, you gotta try somebody else.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and the bottom line is you when you've got that type of money involved, maybe just maybe they should have talked to somebody who might know a little bit of history before you signed two guys if in fact they do hate each other, right, I don't know that.
Speaker 1: That was before, before the factor after. I don't know what happened. My buddy didn't know that, but he was absolutely convinced. I did look around, and yes, there appears to be an issue with the two players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's and again you know, oh, speaking of you ing they he just pinch hit for Taylor and smoked the tour and Homer. Yeah, my light.
Speaker 1: I thought I had him in all ten of my Dinasty leagues haven't been nine. I traded him Christian Campbell or something something like that because.
Speaker 2: I do goals. Uh, funny, I have just stopped.
Speaker 1: Using my bait, my fantasy baseball leagues as science experiments. That starting to.
Speaker 2: Play to win, that's probably a good plan.
Speaker 1: Yes, probably Look at that hit two seventy six. It was his fourth arm run, fourth m Run's got seven or eight stole base. That's a really good baseball player. I think it's a lot more powers because he fills out and gets He's still a young kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so's so's venge. You know. I mean, there's there's some talent on that team, but they got to find a way to get it, to get everything on the same page and move forward. I really think that Freddy Perrault was. I think that's that is a huge part of the problem. They're pitching has been even McLain hasn't been. No should Yeah, no, he hasn't been to the level of was expected. And you throw yeah, those two starters for send your rotation, your starts. That's a problem. You're not going to win a lot of games if the guys you expect to win fifteen to twenty win eight to ten.
Speaker 1: Right, So let's come back to the Orioles. Keby Mayo hitting one ninety one, Jackson Holiday hitting one ninety six. Yes, batty and average is just one statistic guy. I know Mayo hit some home runs, Holidays hits has some power, but those are those are six fifty three ops and a six thirty six ops. Two guys that were top twenty five, top fifty prospects just haven't developed. It's it's really surprising and disappointing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, Now you got to cut I think you got to cut Holiday a little bit of slide a little bit, I agree, because of the injury this year. But I did find it. I was reading an article somewhere today that said the Orioles are all in they're playing for this year and expect them to make moves? Okay, where do they make the moves an outfielder? Maybe? Maybe, maybe the Angels can find a way to move my crout.
Speaker 1: I think that. Look, the Orioles have plenty of depth to move them. It's going to come down to the Angels do they want to move them? They did fire the general manager, right, so Perry Misser's gone. So that's uh, gives them an opportunity to to do something out in Los Angeles and hopefully I mean did he get fired because he wanted to move my trout or did he get fired because he refused to move Mike Truck. I guess we'll find out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is interesting though. I'll see if I can. I'll see if I can find the article real quick. But one of the one of the intuch okay Orioles going for it? And who uh who are the Angels non trade untouchable? Uh?
Speaker 1: Probably Zachno, I would assume.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The problem is that Joe Adell is an asset people would want. Zach Nito is definitely an ass that people would want, power hitting, athletics, middle infielder. But who else they don't have well just a trade.
Speaker 2: Well no, the the article goes on to say that already Mayer wants to hang on to Debt, Mers, Soriano and Adele. Everybody else is there for the taking.
Speaker 1: Which that is Mike Mike Trout. So Debts has had a very good season.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, and you know what I I can I the player that I don't get on that list is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's because he's just looking at wins and losses and eras. If that's where they're getting the quote from.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you know it's Marina.
Speaker 1: Gonna be telling us about launch angles and fast and induced vertical break. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Only if it applies to his new condo. Okay, I thought that would be my train of thought. But I can remember we were talking about Jose Sorano after his hot start, and yeah, I think it might have made even a fact in fiction. Okay, But just to give you an example on Sorriano, at the end of April, his era was point eight four okay. At the end of May, his era on the year was two point six y five okay. Currently, as of today, his era is three forty one. By the time we get to the end of the season. I'm willing to bet his eer is over four fifty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that. We had that discussion. Yeah, what six weeks ago, and that's what you included. You're spot on. But who do the Orioles need? They had a first basement pen a ansa don't. They've got a good catcher and Rutchman obviously Gunner Henderson. I think Holiday is going to be okay, So that's good. The problem is Dylan be Versus back from injury. He's a platoon guy. Colton Colton is definitely a platoon guy. Let's see his splits. His right left splits are one forty three. It's one forty three against left handed. He's only had twenty one at bats. So they're playing them as a platoon guy. They need to get a tailor awards a good player. They need another full time outfielder.
Speaker 2: That they do. I agree totally, and it'll be interesting. Yeah, when you look at the schedule and you look at the standings. What in the AL is everybody a buyer? You guys have sellers out there somewhere. Yeah, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: What Manford, that's what Manford want. I wanted to everybody to be in it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, he got his wish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's it's surprise. Let's take a look at a couple of other games here. I mean, look, the Guardians scored one run today. I I mean they're gonna have to almost pitch shutouts to him to win. Uh, it's just really, really difficult.
Speaker 2: I agree, And not only is it difficult to their expectations for Cooper Engle might be a little high.
Speaker 1: He's playing field this afternoon. But they do not want to put put them behind the put them behind the plate plate, do they?
Speaker 2: No? No, So we'll see what happens there. But yeah, there isn't an abundance of offense. You know. They moved Stevie Gwine into Leofs spot to day with Designer and the two hole, which makes sense to move the waters in their Monzargo Watson's been playing well, he's he's not striking out as much as I thought. I think he stole a base today, yeah his second. Yeah. Maybe watching can help out there, but you can't lose somebody. Yes, there's a maybe in there, careful.
Speaker 1: Yes, speaking speaking of the of the Cleveland Guardians, I got uh Patrick Bailey's name wrong. I called him Patrick Stewart were I made a joke of it when he was coming or when he got trade, and I called him Patrick Stewart, and my brain has stuck on there. So I apologize for a Friday show what I called him Patrick Stewart and attempt didn't correct me on it. So, uh, I messed up, tim It happened. It happens. Let's take it. Let's take a break and come back. I get some more questions for you, then we'll get into waiver war. They haven't talked that much about Max Meyer. Nine wins a two sixty ere. It does have a three sixty one expected era over strike out for any they obviously expected ERA suggests a correction is coming. But is it enough for you to sell high on or is the guy that you're keeping until he falls over?
Speaker 2: A lot? Would depend on where I am. It's all about context. Okay, if you're leading, if you're in the top three spots in your league, you ain't selling them Come Hill or eye Water. You need those numbers to stay up top. If you're in fourteenth place, well I would see what you betch. Yeah, it's it's not like hey, everybody era.
Speaker 1: That's that's really good.
Speaker 2: That is big numbers. Yep. So again a lot would depend on if I'm in rebuilding mode and what I could get for him, But definitely if i'm if I'm chasing down the title, there's no way I'm moving him right now. How can you you know you're you're you're giving up nine wins in the mid two earra and a pile of strikeouts. Yeah, you ain't giving up on that. You know you're taking that and just praying and he stays healthy and continues, you know, a run of even a three ear ra. Oh you know what I mean? That that helps your chances of winning big time. So yeah, all about the context.
Speaker 1: I think Trevor Rogers similar got off to a rough start, two wins in a row, one giving up one run over the last thirteen last five games, a two oh five ear eight. But Tim, he's not striking at anybody. Six and a half strikeouts per nine for the season, six and three quarters strikeout over a month of June. Is this somebody that you can start to count on or is this the lack of strikeouts eventually just going to catch up to him.
Speaker 2: They might catch up to him, but the Orioles need him badly. They're saying they're in it to win it. Well, if they're in it to win it, they're going to make some moves. They're going to get better. I think he just lived with the lower strikeout rate, and I hope he continues pitching at the level he has over the past past month or so. Now again, if somebody offers you an arminal leg well, yeah you take it. But are people going to make those type of offers Rogers people?
Speaker 1: I don't think fantasy managers are going to be offering a lot for Trevor Rodgers because I mean they might not be looking at the detailed stats that we just went through, but they're gonna now he's not He's not that good. He's a number four.
Speaker 2: Starter and Max Meyer is younger, I think, with a little bit better pedigree, and you know what I mean, Yeah, Meyer will fetch something as compared to Rogers not so much. Probably might take.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rogers is going to get paid over the winner. He's a free He's gonna get paid. Lefties get paid. It's gonna be a shocking number. You watch.
Speaker 2: Everybody who can throw the ball and generate an ERA under four is going to get paid. This offseason. It's supply demand, right.
Speaker 1: So I was watching the Yankee and Red Sox game yesterday. Red Sox have won two in a row against the Yankees, which is pretty interesting. And Carrett Cole. They pitched okay, but he wasn't vintage Garrett Cole. He did get up to one hundred miles an hour. But during the middle of the game and the dugout, after you'd giving up another home run and Garrett Cole apparently screaming in the dugout, I think he threw his glove that the broadcasters seemed to imply that he was screaming at himself. I don't know. But after he came back in, he he came back in and pitched a much much better I should we be concerned about these last two outings? Are just saying, I mean, it is Garrett Cole. He is coming back from Tommy John surgery. He's going to be just fine. What what do you think about this situation?
Speaker 2: I like your second part of the statement. He's Garrett Cole, Cole the Velocities area, He's coming off major surgery. I think right now it's what's happening with Cole is he's very competitive. He always has been, and I think in his mind he's the Garrett Cole of one Cy Young's. But his body right now just isn't cooperating fully. So, uh, he's getting a little cranky. And I believe it is with himself. He's not only venting on anybody other than he thinks he should be better and do better than what he has. So I'm not concerned about Garrett Cole yet now two three starts down the road. Yeah, you might want to start looking. I know, it's tough to be. If something doesn't right itself and improvement isn't shown, you might want to send him against mats like the Dodgers, you.
Speaker 1: Know, speaking of the Dodgers, Tim, Yeah, gauge jump against the Dodgers tomorrow in Sacramento.
Speaker 2: Oh, dear lord, I don't think that even.
Speaker 1: Well, I gotta try. I got a statue in my front yard of I don't think I've got the kahonas to make do that deal.
Speaker 2: You gotta pass, Okay, you just got to, right. I mean that's crazy, Yeah, yeah, it is. But at the same time, point in time, he could shove it.
Speaker 1: That's really really good. If he does, then I think it's yeah, the new season must start everywhere, but everywhere that seems insane to me.
Speaker 2: Well, it would depend on the format too. If you only got one move all week on pitching, who's the second game against? Right, I didn't you might want to yeah, you might, well, you might want to take you might want to take the bad with the good there and yeah, and live with an ERA of seven. Okay, depending on who the second games against?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, the Dodgers of old I haven't checked this season could be pitched. The lefties pitched well against the Dodgers, and I was thinking that as well, trying to convince myself to put him in. But I might do it in teams that want My pitching is horrible and just just for the fun of it. But uh yeah, yeah anyway, m hm uh so, what are the Oh, let's go to Kyle Tucker? Speaking of of the Dodgers, I've lost my notes. Here, Wait a minute, where I got so many notes that that's hot prospects of the month. Oh, here we go. He hit it home right yesterday.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: In my twenty twenty five draft targets, not twenty six twenty five, I urged the pass on Tucker. The speed had dropped down. It was he was hitting most of his power with his leverage. Turned out, I was wrong at a great season last year, but that stuff's even gotten worse this year. So the exit velocities have come down. The speed, he's twenty second in the twenty second percentile in the League of sprint speed. He looks like not the same guy to me. And he's having a brutal season this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I actually in one of my fifteen team redraft leagues, I sat him this weekend.
Speaker 1: Disagree with that.
Speaker 2: No, over the past twenty one days. Even with that, I'm running the RBI. You know, he was about in two thirty two. Yeah, okay, he hasn't stolen a base in two plus weeks. So I just said, now I'm gonna I'm gonna sit you. I'll take I'll take, my take, my lumps, and I put I think a rabbit in there to try and generate some stolen bases. But yeah, it now seven home runs, forty four RBIs, and six tolen bases on the year. That's scoring Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the thing that's again disconcerted. He is only twenty nine, right, so it's a little shocking that we're starting to see the erosion of his skills and he's still not that old. He does pull everything. So there's a lot of stuff. When you take a look at the data and analytics guys are looking at it that this is not a good model. This is not somebody that you're looking for growth at. This does not look good at all. Now, maybe bounces back next season and he's fantastic, but it looks pretty brutal. He's still very patient up the plate. But that's about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it has not been a good year for Kyle Tucker. No, I think in one league, guy have Tucker and to tease, yeah.
Speaker 1: You expected sixty home runs you got fifteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the number between fourteen and sixteen.
Speaker 1: That number, Yeah, it's a it's a small number.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's not good. It's not good.
Speaker 1: No, wow, Okay to me, let's take another break, come back, and let's do your waiver.
Speaker 2: Armor friend, looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: Past week or at least every week that I can remember. What was it like going through the process. Was it easy coming up with these names? Did you really have to dig and struggle? What was your thinking when you came up with the list?
Speaker 2: It was a fun list I had. I had. I enjoyed picking it. So I started at the beginning of the week, and I found some players that offered, you know, huge stolem based potential. There were some kids in there that left out that you just did. Had some veterans that I think are undervalued. So no, it was a fairly easy task this week. I did have a couple of late men. It adds Evan Carter being one because of the injury to what's his face, no, white white Langfort. Yeah, yeah, you know, there were a couple of late minute changes. But for the most part it was fun. I enjoyed. I enjoyed this week. I really did.
Speaker 1: The first guy is a great name. He's just he's at the top of my list on the hot prospects of the month of June. How many how many home runs is hit in June? A lot?
Speaker 2: You have time.
Speaker 1: I haven't actually put the stat cecles. We have one more day to play here in June, at least for my list. And they think June thirtieth is on a Tuesday. That's when the list comes out, so it will not be June thirtieth, everybody. But look, it's huge power ninety two and a half monarexs of velocity at a top of one fourteen. He's yoke and everything nineteen degree leverage on a swing. It is a it is a bat ten that is built for home runs. He's striking out a ton, and he's striking out partially because he's trying to hit home runs. And maybe that's what the Cardinals have wanted end to do. I mean, they didn't take very kindly to Jordan Walker not hitting, and so hopefully Joshua Bias is not a carbon copy of Jordan Walker. He comes up and struggles and then gets in purgatory for two years.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But it's a.
Speaker 1: Great name I've got. I'm doing the analysis here too, but it's a great name. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Put it on there. The question is he going to get the call?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's that's a big question. After looking at what happened to JJ with their whole ball, Okay, yeah, I think it has to be a concern. But the Cards are three and seven in the past ten, they've lost four games in a row. Are only four games over five hundred right now, and I think the Cards have got a reasonable shot if they can find a bit more power. Because there are only there's only two teams in their division with less than four four hundred run score. They happened to they happen to be one of them. Their run differential is minus nine. Okay, that's not good. They need a bit more power. Nasan Church is a fine player, but I don't know if he's an everyday player. Okay. I I think everything is stacked right now, especially what we've seen lately was you know, Sean Key's getting the call and Angle getting the call.
Speaker 1: Hey, I think the Cards get to the other Cooper get a call to Yeah.
Speaker 2: Cooper Pratt, Yeah, We're yeah. Teams are starting to go to their miners and bringing up top prospects. The Cards could use that bat in their lineup. So I just think everything is set up and based on what we're seeing around the league. Hey, would I be shocked if he doesn't get called up until September? No? Would I also be shocked if he's up to start games next week? No, I wouldn't be shocked at all. I don't know how it's going to go. I don't know how the Cards are going to approach it, but they could use the power and that's where he's been flashing big time down on the farms. So yeah, and I've always been.
Speaker 1: And what I'm confirming with everyone, I've looked at the data and it's it's real. But he is trading off contact for power, and it's just is that going to play long term? Is he going to hit to thirty? Probably, but he could be forty home runs as well, And the question is is that what the Cardinals want? And history says there could be some issues with that philosophy. Now again, they've switched over. They have a whole new general manager. Now does he have a different philosophy. I think that's all to be determined.
Speaker 2: He well, how long did they live with Nolan Gorman?
Speaker 1: Too long?
Speaker 2: There we go. Yeah, So yeah, I don't know what's gonna happen. All I know is if he's available, it's worth putting a small bid in this week to see what happened over the next couples.
Speaker 1: The right strategy play correct. That's what you're basically.
Speaker 2: Saying exactly, Yeah, because if he gets the call at the beginning of this coming week, Okay, for those that don't have him, you better be prepared to empty the vault because he's going to cost He'll be two hundred two hundred plus and a thousand dollars redraft fat budget. Easily, Yeah, easily easily.
Speaker 1: Jake Bennett is the next guy. He's steining at the Yankees. I think it was Friday night's game, or maybe it was yesterday's game. I think it was yesterd against Cole this where he pitched extremely well. Six and a third innings, three hits, one earned run, only three strikeouts. So he's not striking out a ton of guys. It's a six point eight strikeout per nine, but he's not giving up a lot of runs either.
Speaker 2: Well, No, and he went into I know it's the Rockies, but he went into Color. I don't bitch very well. I believe he took a win out of that, out of that appearance. I yeah, my original assessment was bid a bit small, right, Well, I think it's timed up for bidding a little bit and at twenty one percent rostered after the past two starts, I know it's a small sample size. Bid a little bit and see see how things continue to shake down. Because so far, so good, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna say something bold, probably stupid.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I'm not afraid of teams going into course field anymore. The Rockies are so bad, I'll take my chances.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's yeah, that's fair. Yeah. When you look at that offense, have they scored more than eight runs this season in a game. I'm sure they probably have at some point in time over the course of what eighty games of which they've played, But their offense is it's bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not gonna put a bad pitcher. I'm not gonna throw a bad pitcher. If there was Tayland Walker was still in baseball, i went put tailand Walker start him against the Rockies in Colorado. But I mean, I'm just not afraid anymore. I mean that you know, that's a terrible team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it is. I agree.
Speaker 1: Okay, Owen Casey, you were big on Owen Casey coming into the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know there's limitations. Okay, Yeah, there's not many too, not many pitches he doesn't like, but the ones he really likes he hits. He hits the ball hard. Okay, nine home runs might, but forty three RBIs for a player that's rostered to the level of thirty five percent. Take the batting average hit and enjoy those rbiyes Miami does. He is one of the few sluggers on that team. I think, yeah, I'm projecting moving Ford. You're looking at a twenty home run Yeah, eighty five to ninety RBI. Bet. I'll live with the batting average out of Owen case.
Speaker 1: Richard ninety one six, exit velocity hundred and twelve max sixteen degree launch ankle. With a profile like that, he's going to hit a lot of harm runs. I think they're split problems though. Let me see No, there's no Yeah, he doesn't hit. He's got a slug of two ninety six. It's below three number against left hander, so he's he's being platooned against left hand. He doesn't hit well against left hand or so. Nine home runs all against right handed pitching this season. So that's gonna mute its stuff a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yep, it will. I just think if you're looking for if you're looking for an outfielder, I give him a look. I give him a look before the next before the next guy on the way.
Speaker 1: Ye Evin Carter. I mean we mentioned him earlier. I mean okay, I mean I get what he's on here. I mean he's got talent, but he can't hit lefties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gonna play until until we see, well, be after the All Star break. Right, So he's got what it said one two, he's got what three weeks basically? Or two weeks. I don't know when the All Star break is. That's like two.
Speaker 1: Let's see here, let's forge the sound. July six, it's not July seventh, is probably the fourteenth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so he's got two and a half weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well we can go to the Google machine here, Timmy, let's see when is the MLB All Star I voted? Have you voted for your Major League the fourteenth? Yeah? Have you voted yet for for who's going to start?
Speaker 2: No? No, I I don't partake. As a rule.
Speaker 1: It wasn't very much fun for me. A lot of the guys that you typically would vote for, like the lad Junior having really bad bad seasons, Trey Turner not have been a good season, And all of a sudden, you've got these players that nobody's heard of, Miguel Vargas, the kid in Chicago, that guy Miguel on Marcami, Come on, Tim, and those are the guys that are doing the best. But it's like, I mean they're not real all stars. I mean they're having good first halves. You know, all stars are your established guys that that are all star players, and uh, it's you know, they're they're not doing it, so it might be a weird it is Beguel Vargas, I'm sorry he is, I got I got the name right. Yeah, he's got nineteen number one. He's going to be an All Star Timmy, he probably should be starting.
Speaker 2: Yes, he should be. Yeah, he's having a heck of a year. Joe on him. I think Murk Onmy had you know, got hurt where it be would be starting. I think Okamoto should be in the game. There's a lot of young players, first year players. It should be in the game. I don't know if they'll get there, but hey, who deserves to be the Jay's nomination, you know, nominated player players Okamoto or Blid Junior, Okamoda.
Speaker 1: But I bet you lad Junior is leaving a vote getter for first base. That was my problem in doing it. It's like the guys that you want to have his All Stars and see them in the big game are not having good seasons. It's these up and coming guys that seem like a lot of them are having You're trying to figure out is this a shift in the skill or is this are they just having a really good first half of the season.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, exactly, And it's going to be tough. And on top of that, it's going to be tough. Any j that's involved in a vote is probably going to win it. Ernie Clement generated the most votes, okay, and has a spot on the team because Toronto is voting in mass and the country of Canada is voting in mass or all the Jays again, so it'll be fun to see some of the results, it really will.
Speaker 1: Ai says. Ernie Clement was the leading vote getter in the American League. Ernie Clement three point yes, Ernie three two million votes.
Speaker 2: Yes, how did that happen? Right?
Speaker 1: People in Toronto are are voting as you were saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in Canada coast to coast. It's Canada's team, Ernie.
Speaker 1: Ernie Clement is the leading vote getter in the American League and the show Heytani in the National League Show Atani's only got one hundred thousand more votes. Ernie Clement. It's just ridiculous, right, that's why I don't vote rich.
Speaker 2: That sums it up eloquently.
Speaker 1: So yes, So Guerrera's got two and a half million votes, so he's yeah, he's well on the lead. Obviously, Ben Rice is probably the guy that is deserving. That's that's what I was talking when I was going through the voting process. That's what it felt like to me, is that your typical All Star guys weren't really going to be getting the votes this season, or shouldn't they beginning the votes, but they shouldn't be getting the nomination.
Speaker 2: No, it's not a country club. Okay, just because you've got history, but it is a country club. You know, we've seen players that have got nominations well well beyond their prime and hey maybe once, but you know two three times. Now. Get some of the kids in there. They're playing well enough. They deserve it.
Speaker 1: Sun chee ching Boston Red Sox, Mister McLeod.
Speaker 2: Yes, Verslo Mayor and Trevors' story are both on the shelf. He is your every day, second basement shortstop, middle infielder. He's got three weeks of every day uh trip PLA numbers are pretty solid. Seven home runs, ten steals, uh in deeper leagues. I'd give him a look. He's gonna have playing time until after the break, for sure.
Speaker 1: Two thoughts here, One is how much do the Boston Red Sox Christian Campbell. They must just despise him. Maybe he's hurt. I don't know. And then why the hell does Franklin Arise still in Double A? I don't get it.
Speaker 2: He's working on his bunting. His bunting.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's got fourteen last I looked us four or five more than he's ever had. He's hitting three hundred, I mean, just walking as much as he's trying. He's doing every and he's still sitting in Double A. Granted he's just twenty one years old, but he should be. He's he would be in many other clubs. He'd be the starting shortstop for your Major League Baseball team. And I don't know. I mean, the Boston's terrible.
Speaker 2: Why isn't he up, Well, he's not up because they're not going to burn a year of service time. Why would they? It makes sense to see him up because he deserves it and he's earned it. For the same time, it's a year of service time for a team that's not competing if they brought him up, then we'd be yelling at screaming, what are they thinking? They just cost themselves a year of potentially one of the best players in the game. He's twenty one, he'll be up next year. Yeah, maybe break camp next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he might break camp, right, and then you'll have romanantaturn. He might not even return the season.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, I mean, the last I saw, Garrett Corset is not anywhere close to returning to the game.
Speaker 1: You know, looks it looks like you're right, they're just maybe they're just throwing in the towel here. Yeah, why burn service times all these guys. But so we got Sung cheat ching, Yeah, we got Chang, Yeah Chang. Tom Edmond is back, Yes he.
Speaker 2: Is, and he's hitting well. Uh since he's returned eleven for twenty nine for RBIs Yeah, you got mid teenspop. Forget the speed. That's the thing of the that's the thing of the past. Those days are gone. But he's also eligible second third, notefield, so you got some roster flexibility there as well. And Dodge is don't don't need, don't need another power bat. Even Mookie Betts is starting to play a little bit better. He's been hitting some home er and slavely, so you know, you look at I think I think Edmund deserves a little bit more respect than the he's playing every day. Yeah, he's going to score runs. He's going to hit a few home runs and hit for average. That works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, send me a sake, ad break, and let's talk. Let's talk to Cooper's when we get back. Don't be last week it was Cooper Pratt. This week it is Cooper Ingle. Yeah, tell us about Cooper and your ingle, and then tell us who would you rather the rest of the season, Cooper Ingle or Cooper Pratt.
Speaker 2: Well, uh, we mentioned Ingle last week, and you know, brought it up in our timing. Timing was fairly good. I think the thing that's very important, and we've discussed it several times, is in the context of the Guardians, he is a power beat. In the overall context of who he is as a player compared to other players around the league, he is not a power beat. It just goes to show you how little power is in Cleveland. Yeah, he can hit some home runs, and I used your narrative for the three home run day, But as you mentioned in your blurb, the home runs. There's coming in seventeen degree leverage swing. Hey, the Guardians need any power they can muster with the loss of Jose Ramiers and Angel Martinez, it makes sense that they give this kid a look, and they have done exactly that.
Speaker 1: Totally one percent agree with the Cooper Ingle or Cooper Pratt different kinds of players. Who do you have for the rest of Who would you rather have for the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: Uh, that's a tough one because I'm I'm gonna go as.
Speaker 1: You're thinking, you're taking playing time to talk it through with me, Timmy, You've gotta be thinking playing time. What happens when Jose Ramirez comes back? Is Cooper Pratt's a really good defender. Is Joey Ortiz going to push him out of that shortstop role?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think I think I would probably go with the stolen bases and the hit tools out of Pratt, which I feel more confident in that he will deliver as compared to Cooper Ingele trying to hit the ball into the park because that's what the Guardians need. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: And trying to play a position that he's really played much of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exact. I when the Brewers brought up Prade. I that wasn't for a week or ten days or two weeks. They brought Pride up because they think he can be an asset throughout the whole of the season. I don't have the same level of confidence. I I love Cooper Ingle. I think he's a very good player, but I don't have the same level of confidence right now in Ingle as I do in Prade. So Pride.
Speaker 1: It is eleven games for Pratt, five stolen bases. You put that out for an entire season. I think that's seven hundred sol basis. So yeah, give or take. I mean that's and look, I mean it's very small, it's only eleven games, but he's walking as much as he's striking out. That's exactly what he did in the minor leagues.
Speaker 2: So right now, if you ask me on Cooper Engle and Sean Keyes the next game on the list, I'll have a different answer, very different.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, Shawn Keys is the next player. Again, huge power, some swing at best, and it doesn't have great batspeed. I am a little worried about him handling velocity, but I think you're more worried about as you talked about at the top of the show, either's Flattie or or or George Springer is going to have to sit or.
Speaker 2: Or oh, commodal or come out.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, comout is playing third base?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Springer's your d h. Ladie's at first and Keys will cover first or third. But yeah, it's going to be tough for Sean Keys. Yeah. What what happens when Shawn Keys hits home? He gets he gets into a game and hits two home runs? Well, that means they had to set sad probably Springer or Blighting. Okay, Well do they put him in the next day or do they sit him after a two home run day? That would mean Springer or Lighty is oh two in a row or one each? It could be problematic, It really could so. Based on that I mentioned Seawan Keys because of the power potential, would I spend a bundle on him tonight? No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you. Yes, And look I saw him. I saw him played this earlier this this year. I mean he's not a good third baseman.
Speaker 2: He is not.
Speaker 1: I don't know how good Okamoto is at third base, but I'd be shocked if he's not better than Seawan Keys.
Speaker 2: I watched Okamoto a lot this year, and he's fine at third base. Yeah, it's it's not a gold glove third baseman, but he's more than adequate. Okay, it's not a problem at all.
Speaker 1: Keys is not is not adequate in my opinion, he's not adequate there.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well in that case.
Speaker 1: You're talking d H really first base. And then it's it's the Yeah, they're three best players. I guess Ernie Clement is having according to the All Star votes, he's the best player on the team. But I think they're three best players are Spring and Okamota. Right, So, and that's where Shawn Keys is playing.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there you go the word problem discussion.
Speaker 1: Right, So I'm assuming out of the Coopers and Shawn Keys, Shawn Keys is the third guy who would rather have for the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Kider Monterra. Every time I see him pitch, he looks pretty good, particularly like the first four or five innings. Third time for the lineup, they seem to team seem to figure him out a little bit. But he's better than I think people think.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, the problem is a very obvious one. Okay. Over his past six starts. He's struck out war one, four, two, three and three. Yeah, okay, yeah, the ear is yeah, the era is great. At three point thirty nine, he's sub one on the whip point nine to nine. He's winning some games, but there's no strikeouts happening there, and I think that's what's causing people to shy away the low strikeout numbers. I'm looking through all my leagues. If he's sitting there this week, I'm picking them up. I'll live with the low strikeout rates to take my chances on somebody who's pitching better than my number six starter, who is usually carrying an ERA of five. Yeah, okay, I'll take the hit on the strikeouts.
Speaker 1: I kind of agree with you there, He's okay. Max months is your pick on Friday. Yeah, yeah, that's the Max monthly of the Athletics, not the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly. Hey, batting average could be a concern, but as we looked at it on Friday, power and speed are legit right, So hey, he's gonna have He's gonna have the job for a while with the Zach Galovo, So we'll see how it all shakes down.
Speaker 1: Mayson Nunya is the Speedster thirty thirty five stolen bases.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, it's it's interesting when you look at stolen bases this year, because I I did take a good look at it. Your top five six guys are not getting caught. The next group down is getting caught a ton Nunyaz is in that top group. While he's a leading stolen based guy in the league right now, four up on Bobby wit Junior. Yeah, he's only rostered forty one percent. The only thing I can say there is he's a rabbit. He gives you speed. That's all he gives you. Basically. Okay, if you need stolen bases, he's only rostered to the you know, for go out there for them in your lineup and get some stolen bases.
Speaker 1: Speaking of stolen bases, I'm sure you were looking at the stolen base leaders. But if you weren't, how many stolen bases does Chandler Simpson have this season?
Speaker 2: Don't Chandlers?
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't don't look.
Speaker 2: I want you to guess. Yeah, I'm going to say I looked at him. I I'm going to say fourteen. And he's been caught about eight times. I know he's been caught at time.
Speaker 1: That was my second question. You're at bastard. I think you're really good when you do your research, because, yeah, nineteen stolen bases, but eight christ stealing eight?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's yeah, No, that that is huge. That's that number left out at me when I when I because what I do is I just go to MLB and I checked my categories just to see who's doing what. And you know, you look at your your top guys. Okay, Nunia Is caught three times, Bobby Went twenty eight stolen base caught four times, Jazz Chisholm caught four times on twenty four, Jose Ramirez caught twice on twenty four. You go down your top six to seven guys, they've all been caught at most four times. Okay, then you get into the second group, okay. Uh. Chandler Simpson caught stealing nine times on nineteen successes, Fernando Tatiz caught eight times on nineteen, Jose Caviero in New York caught seven times, Jacob Marsey caught nine times on eighteen. There's a whole bunch of guys in there that are stealing bases and januarating numbers. But some of them are being caught to the tune of like forty fifty percent. That's a tough Teams are gonna teams are gonna say time out. You know, if you can't steal and you've got you know, you've got a success rate of sixty percent, you just starn't running as much anymore. They'll put the brakes on that, rightfully, I believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was one of the we talked about Jacob Marcy on Friday. That was again one of the analysis I had done. I saw the Jacob Marcy's success rate and the fact that it is the sprint speeds had come down. It was another red flag there. But back to Chandler Simpson. If he's going to steal thirty forty bases, okay, I mean there is zero home runs, there is no power. He's got a launch angle of one degree, one point six degrees. I mean, everything's a ground ball, it's all about wheels, and he's hitting two sixty five. I don't get this. I don't get this player. I don't know why people are rostering him.
Speaker 2: It's a problem because you know, when you're looking at an OVP of three h six, he's not going to be out of the leadoff spot, is he.
Speaker 1: No, he's not. I got three or four, but yeah, yea three.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Last year was a three twenty six on base percentage. So I look, the rays are as good as anybody. I'm looking at numbers and I'm I'm thinking, he looks like a pinch runner to.
Speaker 2: Me, Well, hey, when when you get caught nine times on nineteen successes. Yeah, somebody in the Raised organization is say it is going to be saying either you can either you can steal bases or you can't, and we'll make the decision moving forward. And you might not like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it felt like that. That seemed like an obvious one to stay away from. Chandler Simpson at the draft table and Okay, you're gonna get some. It's like expensive home runs. These are expensive stolen bases. You're getting poor batting average, no one base percentage, I means absolutely no power.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can get twelve more stolen bases right now today. Okay on a ninety five sent success rate out of nunias. Who's sitting available in sixty percent of the leagues out there? Okay, Yeah, why why would you invest why would you invest in simpler In Simpson and.
Speaker 1: Cooper angles every bit as fast as Chandler Simpson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, on your list too. Yeah, and he can.
Speaker 1: Hit Anthony Siegeler. I saw his home run yesterday off of Garrett Cole. That was his first one, So I I is that why he's on this list? Because he had home run off of Garrett Cole?
Speaker 2: Well, again, I thought it was only fair being that I brought up Shang. Okay that we go with his double plate card partner. Okay in Siegler, Okay, that's my al only middle er.
Speaker 1: That's who the Red Sox with a huge paint. That's who's playing up the middle for them.
Speaker 2: All right. Yeah that sounds like it's a good legal firm exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, good one, McLeod, give you a shot.
Speaker 2: But they're gonna hold it. They're gonna hold down the port for a little while. So yeah, is what it is.
Speaker 1: I don't think Sequens a very good baseball player, but I get I get why he's on the list. I saw how good he is Ian Seymour bulk reliever road. Didn't he get a didn't he have a no hitter going into the seventh or eighth inning?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Uh, I don't. I don't recall this entirely possitive even pitch him well. Since they they moved him into that role June eighth, he's allowed six turned runs over nineteen innings four appearances. And let's face the starters too tough to find at this point in the season. Time to dig deep, deeper and start looking at some of these bulk relievers. I'm gonna try and find one two guys every week moving forward that fit the Bill. Seymour was my guy this week, simply because he was easiest one to find, and he's been pitching fairly well, so hey, we gotta do what we gotta do.
Speaker 1: Right on the twenty fifth, which was what Friday Thursday something like that six and two thirds endings of no hit ball, it was against the Royals and they didn't have Bobby with Junior playing at that juncture. Yeah, it was part of that game. That team was so bad. He was okay, but he just tore ruts through. It was impressive.
Speaker 2: And you know who blew up the no hitter?
Speaker 1: I don't, I don't remember, I do I remember, I can't remember. Tell me who it is.
Speaker 2: Craig Kimbrel.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's right, that's right, Craig Kimberll. I was laughing, like, why is Craig Kimberrel even in on a major league baseball team? I remember that he came in, was a no hitter, Yeah, I remember. Yeah, Brandon Sproke was your pick on Fridays. He's still your pick.
Speaker 2: Yes, he is still my pick. Yeah, right, organization, right arm, there's going to be up, there's going to be downs. But the other thing I I did some digging. You know, over his past five starts, he's only about five walks. That's good, right, you know, if he's starting to control the ball a little bit better, I think the results overall are going to be better. Limiting the walks is a good thing. I think at some point in time. Right now he's twenty five percent rostered. He keeps those walks down and pitches at even seventy percent of that last outing, He's gonna be a valuable commodity. You can buy him now, you can pay a lot more from later. And I think now is the time to buy.
Speaker 1: One thousand percent. Agree with mister McLeod. Last guy is Zach Thornton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who is Zach Thornton? Uh? He's the guy that held the Phillies to Wonder ask me that question. Yeah, no, I went, I went through. You don't have them listed as a top prospect. Now I know because I checked. Yeah. Yeah. He pitched the game against a Phillies this way limited in the Wonder and run over six inning, seven strikeouts, and then he was promptly sent back to Triple A and the Metster in Celmo. They're gonna be moving more people. Zach Darton will be back in the deepest of leagues. If you've got room on your reserve list, pay a buck for him now, because he will return and you'll get the opportunity to see him. There's no doubt he will be back. And when I look at the options, do I want Jonathan Tong right now? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: He's really it's really come down from what he did last season, that's for sure. I was worried about Jonah Toong, and I saw him pitch against Alma Rodriguez twice in a week, which is pretty remarkable in the minor league season. Uh and Elmer out pitched Tong both games, and he did not have a slider. It was a great interesting looking Tommy was interesting fastball, you know, real large extension. He's not a big guy, had a great change up, but I just didn't. I was worried when I saw him. And he's not even the worst season this year, So I don't know. Zach Thornton's a lefty that does ninety two miles an hour with a good, sweet way. That's that's who the player is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's two miles an hour more than Tommy Malone.
Speaker 1: That's true, probably about four miles an hour. Let's see Tommy. Let's see what Tommy Malone was doing at the end of his career. Now I'm sitting at the baseball it's played guests the player.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, I'm going to say eighty seven point two miles per hour on the heater.
Speaker 1: Ex of velocity. Let's see, what is it? Eighty seven point two?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Right, So.
Speaker 1: Obviously you're it's impossible to hit it right on the nose plus or minus. What what allows you to win?
Speaker 2: I haven't a clue.
Speaker 1: So wait a minute. So you said eighty seven point two. If it's eighty seven point five, is that close enough? Is that a win? If it's if it's okay, point two, is that close enough? For the win.
Speaker 2: They're both they're both close enough by me.
Speaker 1: Okay, well then you win eighty six point six. That was when his career ended up in eighty six point six. Mm, you know what hit you know what hitters hit off the office fastball one eighty.
Speaker 2: Four, eighty four. I gotta love you, tom Sure, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: I just picked in two twenty three. So that is Zach Thornton. Tell me to take a break and come back, and we'll do the one guy, and you close the report very quickly. Look at some more games, Tim wins. I guess the player, and it looks like Jackson Holliday hit a home run seventh inning, but it looks like they're going to lose to the Washington Nationals, who continue to hang in there. Tommy forty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Jays just lost. But Brandon Nemo ran into the wall making a catch at the end of the game. Stay tuned to see if there's a concussion syndro old thing happening with Nemo. He was down on the ground for a few seconds before they got him back on his feet, so.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they'll do the protocol. We'll have to see the Royals have now are five to four over Tim's White Sox. Unfortunately, Bobby with Junior with nothing. Lane Thomas, your buddy, Lane Thomas with a couple of hits, the stolen a couple of stolen base.
Speaker 2: Well, it's been a long time since he's been by my buddy. But yeah, I did get a lot of my leg at Lane Thomas at one point in time.
Speaker 1: You sure did. Let's still your buddy. Yeah, come on, what's a friend you've got to I When you tell me you divorced the player, then then he won't be your buddy anymore. I didn't hear a divorce of late Thomas.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, he was too kind to me for a couple of years. Yeah, or at least one. Anyways, the Jay's lost a again now six games under five hundred. Louis Barlin finally around, allowed to run, he struck out the side. I looked like a wild pitch, allout to run to score. But no offense from the Jays at all today.
Speaker 1: It's a problem to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, big time problem.
Speaker 1: It looks like the Pirates are up five to four last night. Look Connor Griffin batting lead off again. You like that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: Thank you's having.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's proven it. And didn't he hit a home run in his first game back.
Speaker 1: Guess he did?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's yeah. No, I have no problems, just get them on the field.
Speaker 1: Ryan O'Hearn is going to hit twenty five home runs this season. He said he has twelve on run today. Like Ryan O'Hearn is not a great baseball player, but you look up he was a platoon guy. Explaining a little bit more against lefties. He's at twenty twenty five home runs. That's fine for a first basement outfit. That's a pretty good baseball player.
Speaker 2: Nothing wrong with that at all.
Speaker 1: High on base percentage, Yeah, interesting. Saint Louis up two to one over the hapless Marlins. Jacob Marcy another zero for three day, another strike at any one ninety six. I just will not surprise me if he gets the motor.
Speaker 2: At some point in time. Yeah, it's possible. It is entirely possible.
Speaker 1: The Houston Astros have caught up to the Detroit Tigers. Jack Flaherty with a good, good outing though. That was good to see. What we're going to talk about. Amaya's shoved another game on Thursday.
Speaker 2: By the way, Yeah, he's up, down and all over the Bloys, but mostly two or three recently. Yeah, ten ten strikeouts, I believe. Yeah, maybe he's starting to find his comfort level. And if that's the case, he can be a very, very very good pitcher. His history in Japan is such that that might work. Go for Houston, after all.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping he's better because then I can make fun of you when he has a bad game, because I haven't been making fun of you because it felt like kicking when you're kicking you when you were down. So I just have the heart to zero point zero on Amaya because he was so bad in the first few starts.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't uh, there were other issues involved, Okay, which makes it even harder to kick somebody, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, as you noticed, I did you have a heart? I know it's hard to find sometimes, but I do have a heart.
Speaker 2: Yes, the compassionate Simpson Brown, your hundred brown you today.
Speaker 1: I think he gave up two runs, struck out a bunch of guys.
Speaker 2: You didn't care.
Speaker 1: Only four?
Speaker 2: Yeah, No the Tigers again, Bullpen, Yeah, the best I think got rocked the other day. Finnigan a loud and earned run today. Yeah, clarity pitch really well. Nobody had them going. I wonder why the biby Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh the great John Deane reached out to me with Houston Astros called up uh uhla U l l O l A. I think he's going to pitch out of a bullpen, two pitch pitcher. He wants to know if he was worth a it was worth a pick cup. Maybe some holds opportunities, but I there's no save opportunities. Again, I do not think he's going to pitch out of the rotation. He's primarily been a reliever for the last month of this season, so it looks like they've moved to the Bullpenks just didn't have a third pitch. But it's a good art so quick scouting report on you, Lola.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, and it's a tough bullpender crag. You got hater in the ninth. Yeah, King is pitch really well to to twenty five Array Bray who's turned it around and he's now down to an ERA of six after a horrible start. Okert's pitching well, Yeah, that's a tough bullpender crack. I don't even know how many holes will be there. Yeah, based on the depth of that pen.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, are you, Timmy. So let's go to your closer report. You just have one player, which is thank you. We all thank you for.
Speaker 2: That so well, you know, after last week and extolling the virtues of Jayden Hill of the Rockies.
Speaker 1: He's on the i L. Now, thank you very much for for I spent some money on jayde and Hill just to have it go on the i L.
Speaker 2: Thank you. You're welcome. You're welcome. Ye. It's obviously an unlimited i L league, and you didn't have enough people on there, so I probably did you a favor because it's better than Hill's on there than say Blad Jr.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, I was saying I was thinking about putting a rider on the on the rules that if the player goes to the i L within the first seven days of picking them up, you get your fab money back. We'll see how the vote comes out of that.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it will be positive. Yeah. Oh yeah, I don't know which way, but somebody is positive. Yeah. No. I well, when I look at the the as bullpen, it's a mess. Okay, Barnet, this pitch well lately, uh competition is Harris and old Albaretto. It's not it's not happening. I'm going to spend a couple of bucks on Barnett this week. I totally ignored the Angels situation. I totally ignored the fact that Pierce Johnson is now the closer until Pegan comes back in Cincinnati and again should be back this week, I believe towards the end of the week. That's what I'm sort of hearing.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 2: Totally ignored the Rockies. I'm not going to nominate a closer for the Rockies ever. Ever, Again, I don't.
Speaker 1: Think for the Kirby's got the close for the Angels because I saw it was like his three hundred save or something like that, a little thing. And I'm surprised they haven't given to the Sam Pakman that that seemed like because you made that call about six weeks ago. That seemed like the right call to me, and it just didn't happen.
Speaker 2: No, And it's not because he's not pitching good. The Bachman's pitching fine. Last I looked, I think, is your e ra A is under three? I'll just take a quick quick gang, I got your.
Speaker 1: Covered balls here? Uh he is a Oh that's a strike out. He's three.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's perfectly fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, striking out of striking out an a batter in any walking too many guys. A three point fifty three expected era. So the e right expected the era for Roden Line.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but for whatever reason, they they just don't want to give them your job. So uh but again, I'm I'm staying away from the Rockies. I'm going to stay away from that Angel situation. I got players listed as far as looking at picking up spec closers. Do I want a spec closer on the Rockies? Do I want Jimmy Hurgett who might have the job, But the Rockies aren't going to win any games, and if they do win them, yeah, no, I'm just staying away from that. I've seen enough out of the Rockies both and the Angels bullpen, and right now the Cubs bullpen. I just don't I just don't want to have anything to do with it. Any spectics on those teams right now, it's just it's a mess. And you know, today the athletics at Barnett doesn't work out, They're back to having a bullpen that can't stop anything. So h it's a mess. As well, and it's hard to recommend repeatedly on messes hoping that something's going to stick. So I'm gonna take a little bit of a conservative approach when it comes to some of those pens.
Speaker 1: Rich you know, I stam Bakman hasn't gotten the job. Party Marino says he only has one win, so that's not good enough.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully you can find a way to muscle his way into the second win at some point in time, and then then he can be president of team operations.
Speaker 1: I gave myself a rimshot. I was very friend, well done. Yeah, I wait for you to stop talking if I could get my stupid jim gout. It's like going on and on about the Rockies closers and the Athletics closes. All right, all right, so what about that.
Speaker 2: It's a gift. It's a gift to be able to to hold that dought carry on a conversation and jump in with a lame ass spots.
Speaker 1: It was lame ass, that is for sure. DS the Dodgers getting z back.
Speaker 2: I heard he's back throwing. Yeah. Edwin d is thirty year old shortstop in Houston.
Speaker 1: I think I and the bullpen Friday at Dodgers Stadium, reports Jack Harris the California Post. That was two weeks ago, in the.
Speaker 2: Nineteenth So yeah, he was recently played to ramp up his throwing program. I would think probably midd mid July, yeah, post All Stars somewhere in there. And when he returns, uh Tanner Scott will go into the obviously the setup role.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, no, I again, it's you never know how things are going to work out initially, and the Dodgers won't, you know, if Diaz has some russakog off, the Dodgers have options.
Speaker 2: Okay, they don't have to force their hand, but I've got them in one league and it's fairly important that I get ten, ten to fifteen saves out of them. So I'm hoping he comes back strong when he does in July, it's there.
Speaker 1: Scott's got some snaves. I have my NFC team and right drafted uh Edwin Diaz. So that's worked out for me at least I guessed right there and picked the right handcuff on it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so yeah, after last year, Yeah, he's he's pitching like the Tanner Scott that the Dodgers thought they were buying two eighteen e or a point seven whip forty stragots in thirty three. Yeah, he's getting He's got eleven saves, nothing wrong with that, and uh and the fine supporting peripherals. Peripherals, he's done well this year. Nice to see.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question, maybe something you can ponder over the next week or so, assuming that the Detroit Tiger's not in it and ken Lee Janssen gets moved, is it will fess Kyle Finn again somebody else.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna hope and pray at somebody else because those two haven't proven to be much of an answer this year.
Speaker 1: You picked Drew Anderson a few weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Mmmm, I did. And now I think they've got him working as an opener. I'll just confirm that, Yes.
Speaker 1: He worked as an opener a few days ago. Correct. Yeah, it's been an opener and a closer. That's is that the same? I they just one pitches the first and the other guy pitches the ninth, then it's still one.
Speaker 2: Any Yeah, that is true. We didn't me about Anderson is the fact that this year, Uh, he's struck out sixty four and forty nine and two thirds. So I think he's got the stuff to work the ninth inning, and I would love to see Detroit give him, give him that opportunity. I m h trade them, trade best trade Finnigan start. You know, if you're gonna dis mandle the team s Google's going maybe Kenley, why not? Why not you have Andrews in the shout. I don't know if they will, but maybe I.
Speaker 1: Think Anderson as well. I mean it's a three or four expected era, so he's pitching. He's pitched a lot better than the Perpher'll say, eleven over eleven strikeouts for nine walks, a bit a little high, but reasonable. So yeah, I mean that's the kind of stuff we need to talk about, we need to figure out. And the next two weeks the time to be making some one dollar bets on something. And I joked that the first inning of the one inning, whether it's the first of the ninth, doesn't matter. I mean, you you put an opener in because the first three batters.
Speaker 2: Are the best batters, so that you want to get Yeah.
Speaker 1: You get off to a good start, and you want to not have your starter, who's now the bulk reliever, go up against the three best pitchers and excuse me, hitters, and you bringing Drew Anderson that has to say a lot about his ability to get guys out.
Speaker 2: Agreed totally.
Speaker 1: Plus I'm seeing little symbols next to his name on fangrass, which means he pitched in Asia.
Speaker 2: Yes, you are correct, You are very correct. Yes, yes, definitely. I it will be interesting starting to look at some of these guys. But yeah, a team like a team like Oakland should take on the whole Detroit bullpen one through three because all three of them would probably be better than what they have right now. If Barnett doesn't work out, that they Oakland has to do something to improve that bullpen or they're just simply not going to make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree. And if if they have found maybe an ace in cage up, maybe he's not an ace ace, but a guy that could pitch at their top of the rotation, it gives them at least a chance to win against you know, tough matchups in the playoffs. So it kind of gives them a little bit more of incentive to think, oh, maybe we can get to the playoffs. I think that would be a huge win for a team that's playing in a minor league stadium. I mean that would be Chi can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, the starting that's that's when the relief pitching component of the game takes on even more significance, because, let's, let's face it, you want your starter to survive five innings, right. If you don't have the bulb, you're you're totally screwed. It's as simple as that, and it's all there's also the demoralizing fact that, yeah, hey, you got a three run lead going into the sixth inning and you lose the game. Well, you can want to lose so many games because of your bullpen, and it's going to start to wear on the whole of the team. So, you know, in a park like they're playing in, the A's are going to have to if they want to be a successful, you know organization, they're going to have to have a strong bullpen. And they've just flat out dope this year and it's costing them dearly.
Speaker 1: Today. That is a wrap, my friend, Great stuff, Great job on the waiver wire. Again, I don't know anything planned for this week for you. I know I'm all over the place. I've got a busy week for me, But what about you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've I've got I've got to work tomorrow, okay, and yeah, well yeah, I'm actually you're gonna like this one, Rich, Okay, I'm chauffeuring tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Okay. We have a yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, except I'm not making the big bucks that they are. But there's there's a couple consultants, okay that are need to be driven around different sites. Okay, So I want your thoughts on this. Okay. I decided because they are you know, people of prestige or you know. Yeah, I was gonna dress a little bit better tomorrow. Yeah. So what I did was I broke out my Freddy Flintstone suit with the shirt with the tie. That way I could that way I could to work for It's the same colors as the TV show, right blue and the shirts orange, and yeah, it's h T hot. Did you think it's appropriate to be chauffing around Muckety Muck's wearing a fridge Lintstone's shirt, Rid, What would you take me?
Speaker 1: I would think that's probably not a good thing here because you're looking for a big tip. I would probably uh be your charge.
Speaker 2: I don't care about the tip.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, can you care about the Canadian. Just be your charming Canadian, goofyself. You'll be just fine. Leave the fred flint Stone shirt at home.
Speaker 2: That's the only thing I got with a tie that I can wear.
Speaker 1: Well well. But it sounds like fun. So that's that's your day tomorrow.
Speaker 2: That's my day tomorrow. And then I got a doctor's appointment on Tuesday. You'll probably say my blood pressure is too high, I smoke too much, and I don't eat right. So I'm sorry of you. I'm getting pre up for the lecture on that and the rest of the week, I'm just going to watch baseball and kick back and start working towards at we wear.
Speaker 1: Next game i'll be at is the Frederick Keys. If anybody's out of Frederick, Maryland on Tuesday night, that's where you will find me. Assuming my dentist appointment goes okay tomorrow he doesn't tell me I have cavities. I think I think I'm good. I think I'm good. No, teeth don't hurt anymore, so I think I'm good there.
Speaker 2: But that's avoid avoid the root and els. Yes, stay away, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I mean nothing hurts. So that was pretty brutal six months.
Speaker 2: Ago, but yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it wasn't good, all right, Tim. I will talk to you then on Friday, my friend.
Speaker 2: Yes, be safely, well, have yourself a great week, and we'll catch everybody next Friday.