Speaker 1: Ripped of.
Speaker 2: News.
Speaker 3: Need that so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running just as fast as we can. Show Shooter's gonna help me, come man Dix.
Speaker 4: He is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hello Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk is the general number when we're on the air here, but three oh three Martino works twenty four seven. Welcome, And I hope you had a great weekend and uh holiday, if you had a holiday. And I'm gonna bring in the studio. Now we have major Mark Major, and I see it, I see Deputy Bow and I see uh hey, hey, what happens? I didn't think Biden was gonna partner his son? What happened? Tom? Don't you tell me? I never got lion? Was that old? Was that old dog? Lion? To us all again? Is that possible? Hey? Mark? You know what that lion sacket? Sorry? Dragon? You have made every prediction everyone this time, every single one. Now did you notice? I never knew you could do this? But the pardon, past and future.
Speaker 5: It's for everything that he has done in a a I think eleven year stretcher ten.
Speaker 4: From twenty fourteen till yesterday, it's incredible. But anything that can come as a result of those, yeah, like if.
Speaker 5: He murdered and I'm not if he murdered like four people and it happened to be a federal crime because maybe they were I don't know, senators. He literally wouldn't get in trouble for him. Now, that's absolutely am I saying that, right?
Speaker 4: Dragon? I know you and Michael were talking about it.
Speaker 6: I don't know about the crimes that will come of these crimes.
Speaker 4: I don't know about that for certain. We didn't dive too much into that.
Speaker 6: But yes, everything from January first, twenty fourteen till December one, twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: Four Yeah, even stuff they've never had any Yeah, it's craziness.
Speaker 4: What a pardon? It's absolutely crazy.
Speaker 7: It covers undiscovered crimes all the way through yesterday.
Speaker 4: You know, what do you think, Dmitri? That old dog? I mean, like a rug undiscovered crimes. That's weirdness. It is weird, guys. It's like a blanket. It's a total blanket. But why not?
Speaker 5: Though I always said, why wouldn't he pardon his son? I mean, seriously, I would I've never I'm not even going to say it's a bad thing.
Speaker 4: The bad thing was that.
Speaker 5: Lion cheating bad He's said he wasn't gonna know as lied to the American people.
Speaker 4: It's the cover up. Well again the bottom line. I tried to get to meet you on camera. My switcher is not working perfectly. So anyway, here here's the thing, man, it is what it is. Wouldn't you pardon your son? Let's all be honest. Of course, yeah, of course that's Chris. It's Chris with discount Bath. Oh, Chris with discount Bath.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's part Who would I guess the question is who would it pardon their son? But why would you lie about it knowing you're going to do it? That's the killer?
Speaker 4: Well did he know? Does he really know anything? Well?
Speaker 5: Actually, a deputy bow here made a pretty uh smart statement right before the show. I said, can you believe he pardoned his kid? And he goes, well, he didn't. The guy doesn't even know what time it is. Someone someone probably told him to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the chief of staff told him to. Do you think he knows his son's name? Doubt?
Speaker 1: Joe?
Speaker 4: You people, your people, I'm telling you my you know this. Anyway, let's let's get on with today.
Speaker 5: What one thing real quick man? Did my parents have a good time yesterday? Tom flew out to rock house. I dropped in, literally dropped in, and took my mom and dad up in the helicopter. They couldn't stop talking about it, you know, they all the pictures, put it on Facebook, all that crap.
Speaker 4: Excellent.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I tried to download this video, Mark, I mean, I'm not download it, put it up on my switcher here, and I'm having a problem sizing. I don't know. I'll get to that later in the show. Don't touch anything, please. Yeah, and by the way, Mark, in your absence, you know, we did discover some settings on this comrace that did away with a lot of the problems. So I will say that even though even though I never changed anything, I did now. Yeah, welcome, by the way, everyone, and let's talk Chris discount Bath. Yes, sir, is this the time of year everyone slows down? Does nothing? I mean, is it true? So many businesses tell me, Tom, what do we do this time of year? You know? Tell them what you tell.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's picked up dramatically since the election and the snowstorm are over.
Speaker 4: So okay, that's really good. Now, how many people are taking advantage of uploading video to you because I always tell them, go to discount bath dot com put down some information. And the reason you want information, people say, wait a minute, I thought you said. You know, they don't come, they don't do anything. The reason you want information is because you don't want just you only send a link to qualified leads, I mean, just real people. And the reason for that is simple. You don't want a bunch of You don't want a bunch of video of Virginia's and everything else. You want like real stuff. And man, I'll tell you what. People are crazy? They really are. Do you know. I read a stat where social media where people try to upload vulgar material is like fifty percent of the time, genitals and all that. No, seriously, and they have to Philip, they have some Oh this is crazy. They have algorithms that block that automatically. You know. Now, now I'm serious. Did anyone see the sixty minute story? But no? Was it sixty minutes or Sunday morning about it? So what was it about?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: My god? So people I want to tell you call with problems, questions, complaints, please, this is the one you're gonna need help And we have a short month because Mark and I take some time off. Well that's not strange for Marquee takes time. Gosh, shut up. Anyway, that's a good thing. I love Marc and Suzanne. Empty nesters living it up. I love it. I love it. I love it.
Speaker 5: It is amazing that you're almost twenty years older than me and were the empty nesters.
Speaker 4: I know it. My God, and I have a daughter living here and I have a son just getting ready for cause I was so late. By the way, that's a whole different topic, being late and parenting. It was a great thing when they were younger. As they get older, I realized I probably should have started younger. Anyway, I was fifty two with my first child. But let me, let's talk about this. So we're talking about all kinds of things, and we're talking about videos and uploading and so there's an algorithm we call it now, we call it AI. Okay, it really was an algorithm, and AI is closely related to algorithms. So they hire people. What country was it, Oh, in Africa. They give people jobs in Africa. I'm not I swear to God, this is the truth. To do nothing but look at photographs and identify them. So they have to identify things like cars, plants, people OFFERINGI yeah, and that's all they do all day. They outline something and click what it is. But they also because of AI, the dark side is they have to look at every kind of sexual position and genitals and everything, I mean including pedophilia and stuff. Not because they're getting joy out of it, but they AI needs to learn. And of course social media want borrows from this. Everyone needs to know what not to put up there. So they literally have to identify images and these people were having psychological trauma. It was a whole story. It was right on the news. I mean I think it was sixty minutes. I really do think it was an incredible story about these people who have suffered emotional trauma. They're innocent Africans who who just live such a pure life. There they were in this village. They were so grateful for the work. They work over and over and over all day every day. They get paid. They get paid pretty well, I mean not like you know, they get paid pretty well for Africa and pretty well I guess. I'm not trying to say they're exploiting Africans, but what they're doing though, is they're getting high tech jobs where they had no jobs whatsoever. And these people have elevated themselves career wise. But they said it's taken for some of them a psychological scar when they have to see violence, because they do have to see violence and vulgarity, and they have to see car accidents and they have to see things where the line is drawn on what they're going to let on social media or what they're going to let people post, or what they're going to identify things as. Is that because Ai, for example, if you said, you know, give me some pictures of some good child porn, I mean, my God in Heaven, you know it filters, it won't even talk about certain political issues. But it has to have the input to know that. And I never dreamed that that input comes from people in Africa previewing this stuff. Mark, Is that amazing to you? It's crazy, man, They're literally previewing this stuff, but not, you know, like I said, for for real legit reasons. Yeah, no, I get it, but they because I often wonder how does AI learn things? But Mark, AI is spooky to me. It's scary to me. It's scary. I'm going to tell you things I just don't even Okay, it found things that I couldn't find searching and I know where to search, and it found answers. I'll give you a weird example later on ROBERTA, what is happening with you?
Speaker 8: Under the toolage of Wells Fargo?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 8: We had a fraudulent charge put on our account back in July on the twenty second or twenty third, I'm not sure was the exact.
Speaker 3: Date of it.
Speaker 4: Okay, And it was a.
Speaker 8: Plus dollars for an election?
Speaker 4: Oh? Now was it for a charge or in ach?
Speaker 8: It was an online purchase is what I was told.
Speaker 4: I get it. But was it an ach meaning with an electronic withdrawal out of your account? Or was it a credit card with Wells Fargo?
Speaker 3: I think it was on a debit card.
Speaker 4: A debit Oh, okay, go ahead, And it was seven thousand dollars charge in July on your debit Yeah, okay, keep going.
Speaker 8: Fighting ever since to get it removed, and I had no luck. They made a determination on.
Speaker 3: August first that it was it was that no fraud was found.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 8: They were multiple signing in and out on the app before and after the transaction.
Speaker 4: And when they signed in on the app. Do you have second party verification where they have to go to your cell phone and text you a code.
Speaker 8: Well, it hasn't performed like that. No, no, how when they said.
Speaker 4: You had multiple log ons, what did they mean by.
Speaker 8: That, Well, they didn't say too much. Like did my husband and checks all the time on the app. You know, let's see what's going on.
Speaker 4: Well, what I mean is this? What I mean is this they had They saw the charge, but they said there were multiple They determined there was no fraud because there were multiple sign ons and sign offs. So hold on to that thought. And I'm going to come back to you and then James, we'll talk to you about driving and something to do with crime. All of that coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Three zero three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Remember I don't know how long Paul will do this, Paul the waterman, but he has this water softening system for the whole house and reverse osmosis for drinking. By his low prices, that would be that would be over five grand and plumbers, honest to god, it would be twelve to fifteen grand for this or more he's doing both of those for three thousand and one ninety five thirty one ninety five. I swear to you it is the best deal ever year in do yourself the gift of clean water and healthy water for all your plumbing, your laundry, your skin, your drinking waterpros dot net three O three eight six y two five five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here. If you're streaming, you'll see the studio right there. And that's uh. That ugly guy with the hat is our guest, Chris. We love Chris. I'm just kidding. He's not ugly at all, not compared to Mark. He's a he's a model in the log and then Deputy Bow. My middle name's g Q guy in the studio. Deputy Bow's demand, let's see, now this is serious, it's charging and we got to get to the bottom of it. So I'm going to ask this simple question, Roberta. I need to know the part where they talked about the logging in and out and therefore it wasn't it wasn't fraudulent. Tell me what they mean.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: Because they really don't give me very many details.
Speaker 8: I asked, how do you determine if it's fraud or not? And they said, we can't share that, and I'm like, oh, I'm.
Speaker 4: Sure, catch catch everybody up real quick. What was the charge? Here's what happened. Roberta notices a seven thousand dollars draft from her account from a debit card and it was for an online purchase and went and this was back in July. Okay, okay, well she didn't do it. What did they say you purchase? By the way, they must know what you a bike and boulder for seven grand?
Speaker 10: Wow?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, oh for sure, for sure, an e byte can be that seven grand for sure. Well, nowadays.
Speaker 5: I mean prior to Biden be in office, that bike was ninety nine dollars. Hey, so listen, Roberta, did you go to the store.
Speaker 3: I did not. I did speak to them right after it happened.
Speaker 4: And the store has video. I'm sure of the transact. Well now it's July. Who knows. But man, this is a lot of money and you're telling me from back then you you have no resolution. I mean they just basically said tough, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: When I called initially, they say, oh, it was determined on August first that there was no fraudulent activity and we don't reverse that. And so I called dozens of times since then, requesting it to be escalated. There's a senior escalator department. I get on with them and they're like, well, they just tell me pretty much what I've already heard, no movement whatsoever. We've gone into the branch in person.
Speaker 3: They can't help.
Speaker 4: But if it is fraud and they say it's not fraud, I would want a determination, you know, I would sue them a small claims court for the seven grand tark Would that work? Boy? You could?
Speaker 5: And that's a hard one. I don't know if that's made for small claims. I don't know what proof she would have.
Speaker 7: So what about I think the store and by the way, I think you're lucky that the store is in Bolder, because I would add them to the lawsuit. I think they'd bear a lot of responsibility in this matter for processing a fraudulent charge to your account.
Speaker 4: That might actually be the better way to go. That's pretty smart to meet your you go, thank.
Speaker 7: You, and then both them to prove, you know, convincingly that you're the one that either showed up there in person or did this online.
Speaker 5: Now, they didn't use your pin number correct, They used it as a credit card.
Speaker 4: It was a debit card.
Speaker 8: I believe so because I have asked about that and I haven't had a straight answer on using this.
Speaker 4: Should what should we do with her right now?
Speaker 11: Should she go and do Hey, Tom, what about her filing a complaint? I know I'm going to have the organization wrong, but it's like the consumer protection whatever, oh.
Speaker 4: Consumer finance has to answer her Consumer finance Protection Bureau.
Speaker 7: That might result in valuable exhibits that you can use in your small claim suit against both of these defendants.
Speaker 4: And you never had the card out of your hand, right.
Speaker 8: No, my husband has had the card the whole time.
Speaker 4: You got to figure out a couple of things.
Speaker 5: One you got to figure out if it was swiped, if it was put in like over the internet.
Speaker 4: Did they actually walk in and buy it or they ordered it It.
Speaker 8: Was an internet purchase man line with a fake first name using our last name, and then they picked it up in the bike store the next day. And they should have asked for ID.
Speaker 3: The vehicle and the license plate, but they've not been able to track it down.
Speaker 4: Someone veh what are you talking about? Vehicle on? Who has a vehicle and license plate?
Speaker 8: The Boulder Police Department when I filed?
Speaker 4: How'd they get it? How'd they do that? Probably from a camera? Yeah yep, but how But but how did they did? They go to the store and the store had a camera and they tracked it down. Yeah, ye, they picked up Oh hold on, if they tracked down who bought a seven thousand dollars bike on your card? Why didn't they go and track the license plate to the person they have?
Speaker 8: They did a suspect lineup.
Speaker 3: The person in the at the store wasn't I Oh so they really?
Speaker 4: Well no, no, I'm going to give Boulder Police some credit for doing they did a lineup. For the result of the lineup, it was incorrect. The guy in the store cood Night identify who bought the bike because he's in cahoots with a buyer of the bike. That'd be weird. Well, that totally makes sense. That's why he didn't ask for a minute, can you get the identity of the person taking the small claims court? I would, I would add him as a third defendant. I would.
Speaker 5: Well, when the cops shook him down, did he have the bike or he just denied everything?
Speaker 3: I had any contact with the person.
Speaker 4: And wait, they had a lineup? You wait, wait, you just said they had a lineup. Was it a photo lineup or a real ROBERTA? Yeah, was it a photo? They made no contact? If they made no contact with the suspect, how did they have a lineup?
Speaker 8: I you know, I'm not one hundred per cent syuurre. I believe that they identified from the registration the owner. She did say a name, the detective, and then they presented that up at the bike store.
Speaker 9: They weren't able to choose correctly.
Speaker 4: It was what correctly? You deserve more answers, Roberta. They got the identity of the guy or the woman. Was it a man or woman? They got the identity.
Speaker 8: It was the man that had ordered online according to the phone calls that they received, and then the female picked it up at the store.
Speaker 4: And the female that picked it up at the store was she the registered owner of the car?
Speaker 3: I don't know all those details.
Speaker 4: Okay, you got to start researching this. You got dollars and I want Dmitri to help you contact Boulder and the bike store. Dmitri, I want you to take this. I'd be happy to I want you to take that. This is BS.
Speaker 12: I think if Roberta could take a copy of the Boulder Police report to the bank, they would reverse the charges because not necessarily, but the replace What did you do that?
Speaker 8: It is not closed yet, it is still open, but I have sent it and.
Speaker 4: I want to know listen, I want to know this. How did Boulder police approach the suspect and how do they determine that it's an unsure case. I want to know the identity so you can sue them civilly. You have a right to do that. I want to know why the bank determined it was not fraud. I want to know all of this, and you ever right to know all of this? Damn it? You ever? Right?
Speaker 10: True?
Speaker 4: I'm ticked off? Are you ticked off?
Speaker 3: Yes? For four months? Now?
Speaker 4: Well, Roberta, hang on, and sus she's getting the info to send to UH Deputy d here. Okay, hang on, and then we have a quick question for Chris. Chris. They want to know something on your shower conversions for nine eight eight eight okay, they want to know what materials do they get for that.
Speaker 6: So it's down to the studs and the subfloor. It's a BCI acrylic is the type of shower in the basic colors, a barn door, sliding shower door, new shower valve, new shower pan. Everything's acrylic and high quality. So all the way down to the studs and subfloor and then all new backer board and acrylic.
Speaker 4: But it's a conversion. It's not a building of one. If they had a tub, right, run that by me again. So okay, if they have a standalone tub, yeah, you're not going to do it right. It's for the conversion of the shob. I call it the top shower, so the hall the hull bath showers, so.
Speaker 6: You know there's still going to be in the ballpark. A lot of times we take out those sixty by forty two inch soaker tubs and we'll put a shower in that space. So it's a little bit bigger, it's a little more money, but you know, we're we're still in the ballpark money wise.
Speaker 4: Nine eight eighty. Okay, thank you very much for your three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Please hang in there. James will take your call and anyone else with a problem question comment three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. I have one Clear Choice Garage Doors for your garage door needs, and they come twenty four to seven. You know, in the winter weather sometimes these tracks need adjusting so your door works smoothly, or they need to be loosened so they can adjust back and forth to expansion and contraction due to temperatures. One clear Choice Doores can do all of this plus new openers, new doors, new anything. They're they're great people. One they've been with me for so many years. One clear Choice Doors dot Com all of their prices on that site seven to zero three seven zero thirty nine eighty seven. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contents time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Mark and I were having a discussion on this Saturday versus next Saturday, or this day versus next day. Because people always say this Saturday, they mean this coming Saturday. Next Saturday is the week after that. That's how people now. Mark said, no, that's not Mark says, that's not true. But I'm going to give you an example by going into an exaggeration. Here's what it is. Let's talk about if you do it like this, it might make more sense and it doesn't apply to years. You're right, Mark, it's weird. It applies today's If you say if you if I say, Mark, I'm going to take off next Friday, you would never believe that this coming car day, this Friday, I'd be off, would you? Sus never? I'm with you, Tom and advice. Okay, So now it's Thursday and I say to you, I'm taking off next Friday. Would it be the day after or would it be the next week? It would be the next week. So when I say next, it's next after this.
Speaker 5: So if you said I'm going to take off next year, does that mean you're taken off.
Speaker 4: Twice so that it doesn't apply to years? Didn't I? Well? Yeah, but okay, big deal. True colloquial use, we have it. It's common usage. It's gone. Sometimes things don't make sense in the English language due to common usage. By the way, every single every single language has its own kind of weirdness. But anyway, we got to go to James. He's really been waiting. James, go ahead, and Jay, you hang on, James, what's going on?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I may be asking this question too late. But can a person who is mentally incapable of defending themselves are aiding in their own defense, be found guilty.
Speaker 10: Of a crime.
Speaker 4: Well, let's ask Mark, Mark, can you be now? Now give me an example? Specifically? Yeah, yeah, what's going on in your case.
Speaker 1: My grandson last last year, last June, he graduated from school. Him and two of his friends were on their way to Albuquerque, New Mexico to get together with some of their friends down there who also graduated. There was an accident I don't know, twenty thirty miles south of Ratone where one young man was killed.
Speaker 4: Well wait, wait, wait was it was it? One young man with your grandson?
Speaker 1: No, my grandson. They he was critically injured, he was okay, Albuquerque?
Speaker 4: Okay, Now what I need to know is this, Here's what I need to know. There was an accident. Did it involve more than just the car your grandson was in.
Speaker 1: It's a bit of conflicting stories, but it's just one car that we know of.
Speaker 4: Just your grandson.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 4: Okay, So your grandson was with how many boys?
Speaker 1: Two other boys that no one knows. No one knows.
Speaker 4: What do you mean? No one knows he is he? Okay? Is he? Okay?
Speaker 1: Well he is now? But he stayed to like thirty days in a coma.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. Okay, So no one knows. No one knows the details. They just know that the car was wrecked and people were injured, right right, Okay, so what is what is? How does your question? How does your question pertain to this?
Speaker 1: At the scene of the crime, one young man with just bumped and bruises identified the police when they were there, they asked a young man that was that was it wasn't hurt very bad, asked who was driving? He identified the dead young boy was driving. Then during the police interview with the young man that survived, I mean bumped and bruises. Uh, he he said that he was driving. Then after then he identified my grandson as the driver. And my grandson couldn't defend himself because he stayed. He stayed like about thirty days in ICU in Albuquerque.
Speaker 4: Then okay, so, but but what's happening now is somebody being charged with anything.
Speaker 1: My grandson was charged and still is for.
Speaker 4: Okay, what is he charged, James or what is he charged with?
Speaker 9: Felony?
Speaker 1: Felony fell a little homosy felony. Okay, so we're charges against him because okay, his mother wouldn't let the detective from rec Tone talk to him in the hospital at the Craig Hospital there in Denver to bring trauma hospital. They said, if we don't talk to your grandson. We're going to accuse him of it.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now there are three attempts to talk to him. She refused. She got the doctors write them a letter. Thing you can't what's wait?
Speaker 4: Wait wait wait, what's this? Just just help me out, James, you're giving me. I just need quick answers. What's your grandson's first name, Ezekiel, Ezekiel? Okay, now that's her name. Here's what I want to know about Ezekiel. I want to know does he remember anything?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Now, next thing he had his brain brain was pleading in four different okases?
Speaker 4: What is his meant? Hold on, bro? What is his mental state right now?
Speaker 1: I guess it's normal.
Speaker 4: I guess you just asked a question. Though, can someone who is mentally incompetent assist in their own defense? So why did you even ask that? If he's normal?
Speaker 1: Now, because because when they charged, when they when they after the fourth attempt to get the interview, I know Jolly were refused. He still doesn't remember what happened. He still there's a void in his memory. Okay, Jill doesn't know whether he was driving or not. And he'll admit that.
Speaker 4: You okay, remember, okay? Then now now now do the other boy?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: Now they're one of the boys was killed, Is that right? And one is still alive?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, so there's just too alive from the accident. Ezekiel and his friend, right, okay, now right, the friend that's alive does not want to admit he was driving because that would get him in trouble. But did he Is he the one that said the dead guy was driving? Yes? And why did they determine that Ezekiel was driving?
Speaker 1: They have videotapes or they were interviewing Ezekiel's friend where he asked the police, am I going to get a puy for this accident? The police told him, like say it on video? He said, what I thought you said you weren't. Then he just dismissed it.
Speaker 4: I understand then, but but he said that he said the deceased boy was driving. Yes, Well, if he said the deceased okay, okay, listen, he was worried about a dui about himself. Then he said the dead guy was driving. Why did they conclude Ezekiel was driving? There's three of them and the guy said, I I was drinking. The other guy who died was driving. Why did they conclude it was Ezekiel.
Speaker 1: Because his friend changed his story?
Speaker 4: Well, he changed his story, but did he did he say Ezekiel was driving?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, So this witness, this witness first said, am I going to get a dui? Second said the dead guy was driving? And then third said Ezekiel was driving? Is that correct?
Speaker 1: That's correct?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think they can get a conviction with a witness like that. Hold on a second, We're gonna get a criminal defense attorney on. I'm Tom Martino. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Compass Insurance Group Free insurance Checkups. This is the time to do it. Get your check up to see if you're under insured, over insured, pain too much. That's Compass Insurance Group, the Insurance Helps Center dot com three or three nine ninety six nine thousand.
Speaker 5: Now listen, we need to talk about We're gonna get We're gonna get one of our attorneys on Joela's air after the break.
Speaker 4: Yes, that that's a serious problem, James. So you hang on, Jay, you have a comment, Go ahead, Jay, come.
Speaker 1: I'll do my best to sound like Mark here. But uh, the a seven thousand dollars charge?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think her husband got online and bought that for some Hucci coucie.
Speaker 1: He ain't saying nothing about Oh.
Speaker 4: Wow, never thought of that. That's some Ucci coucci. You really think so? Huh?
Speaker 1: It's sure as hell possible, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yes, it definitely is. Wow, the old Hucci coucci. All right, Well that's okay. I'm gonna I'm gonna conclude that that's what happened. No, we're not. We're gonna help her out. Deputy D's working on it. If there's a Huci hoochie, He'll find it. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Rift New need advice.
Speaker 4: So you don't have.
Speaker 2: Run anxiousness, Yeah, Shooter's gonna help. Come man, This is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino, Hey, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. This hour brought to you by eight eight eight Heating dot Com. Forty five bucks gets you a deep clean and if you need a replacement, they do high efficiency AC furnaces and air and they do hybrids with electric systems. If you're electric fuel along with gas. If you're going to get a solar system, that's a wonderful thing or a lot of people are just going for that right now. Eight eight eight Heating dot com. We have a guest today and if discount bat dot com Chris Console and Chris. We've had a couple of questions here, but I've been holding off on these texts. But I'll get to them right now and let me find it here are okay? So I had a text on you refer to a whole room bath and people refer to three piece, four piece, five piece bath. They want to know what that means.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so three uh, it's the basins, right, toilet, sink, shower, or tub. So a five piece bathroom is two sinks, a tub, a shower, and a toilet.
Speaker 4: So you just count each fixture basically. Yeah. Yeah, if it's got water in it or can hold water, that that's the piece.
Speaker 1: Do you do this?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 4: This is a true question.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: We're her Suzanne's cousin.
Speaker 5: We were at their house in Texas and their home builders and they have a urinal in their master bathroom.
Speaker 4: I love Is that more and more popular now?
Speaker 5: You know, we haven't seen much of that, but you see them, so when remodels, you generally aren't seeing them.
Speaker 4: No, but I did that Mark, you know I did that in one house ahead you did. Yeah, oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you see them in like a basement right where you're entertaining pool table and you know.
Speaker 4: But it's more Listen, it's way more work than you think it is because it needs a bigger water supply than your toilet.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that would make sense. Or you could just go with the trough with ice at the bottom, like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the God. Anyway, let's go to the phones. We got Joe Lazara, a criminal defense attorney. I talk about Joel Joe all the time, and unfortunately Joe this time of year. Really, I mean, no matter how much you warn people and you know, they get DUI's, or they're they're they're at a they're at a party after work, they take an extra drink, or they think, you know, they're gonna pull over, or even some some sit in their car in a parking lot and get a DUI. I mean, it's all kinds of crap that can happen. And and you know, again, uh, that's what Joe does in addition to other crimes, and you should never try to do it alone. I'll give you this contact Infhon in a minute. But Joelasara, this is an interesting question. In general. Basically, this sounded like a weak case if the granddad was telling it as it was. But let's put it this way. Three boys are on a trip. Let's just say Tom, Dick, and Harry, and Harry's killed in an accident. Tom and Dick. Tom went into a coma and Dick survived. And he says that the dead guy was driving Harry. Then he changed his mind and he said, no, am I going to get a deui And the guy said, well, not if you weren't driving. He says, well, Tom was driving. Supposedly, this is what happened in the interviews. To me, it sounded like a weak case. Now, to make another note, it was Tom's grandmother's car. It's logical he'd be driving his grandmother's car. But then again, I've been on road trips where we all take turns driving. So in general, if all boys were unconscious, well, one was badly injured at the accident, he wasn't unconscious. The other one died and the other one was in a coma. How do they reconstruct the accident? And why did they care who was driving? How did they even know it was reckless? For all they know, a deer could have come out. They determined criminally negligent homicide for the boy that was supposedly driving. How do they reconstruct an accident? And why do they go for criminal charges? But there's also a second layer to it. Joe the DA made a deal with them that he would get But let's not get to the deal. Yeah, I just want to do this first, Like, does that sound like a weak case to you that they could nab it on any of those two surviving boys? It is.
Speaker 10: It's kind of interesting because usually when you roll up on an accent, see the driver's still seated within the you know, the driver's section, and so at this point obviously there's they're all removed or ejected or something to that effect.
Speaker 4: Well, let's ask James, James. Let's ask James that the granddad, James, did the rescue workers or first responders mentioned who was in the driver's seat or were they all ejected?
Speaker 1: They were all ejected, And the police said that since they assumed that the dead boy was driving, they did no investigation. They they themselves said.
Speaker 4: That why did they assume the dead boy was driving?
Speaker 1: Because the other young my grandson's friend pointed out that the dead boy was driving, so they did.
Speaker 4: He was the one that was still He was the one that was still conscious but dazed at the accident. Okay, got it, Joe. So to me, it sounds here's what it sounds like. To me, Joe, it sounds like an overly eager prosecutor tricked the kid into a deal. Because he said, your friend said you were driving. So did that second driver James change his story and said that your grandson was driving.
Speaker 1: Yes, when they accused him of driving, he accused my grandson of driving. He changed.
Speaker 4: Now if it's he said, she said, and they can't. To me, Joe, it would have sounded like you could have gone in there by the way and done something. I'm serious now when I say this, this is the this is the weakest of all cases. James. Did your son Did your grandson have a defense attorney?
Speaker 1: Yes, fifty thousand dollars dollars and and.
Speaker 4: And did a plea deal. Yes, it never went to court.
Speaker 1: Believe believe no, the district attorney and my son my grandson's lawyer said, there was no chance for us to win in rattone, New Mexico. The judge told us that he would not win if he went to trial. So they made a plea deal. Then they changed the plea deal.
Speaker 4: Well, hold on, they didn't change. No, they they didn't change the plea deal. The prosecutor said. The prosecutor said, it would be on your record for eighteen months, and you'd be on probation for eighteen months and then it would be gone, right, James, that's correct, correct, But as it turned out, the judge came back with five years probation and he wasn't going to expunge the felony. Have you ever heard of that, Joe? First of all, have you ever heard of eighteen months probation and then expunging a charge or a year probation and expunging the charge.
Speaker 10: Yes, on more minor incidents, you know, something like the Eigenhonasiders something of That's where you generally don't see deferreds. And if you do see it deferred, that's part of the agreement that unless he's assuming he's an adult or eighteen and over, he usually would plead and it's a stipulated defer judgment, which means the court either accepts it or doesn't court accepts it. It's a deferred if the court rejects it, and then you have to go back to the bargaining table. But for the judge completely changed that. It seems to say, hey, the DA is just making a recommendation. Hey, we're going to recommend eighteen months probation. Judge does something different and.
Speaker 4: It's too late now anyway, rights, the kid has a felony on his record and he's on probation for five years.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, unless it was a stipulated sentence, yes, I mean absolutely. He's kind of soo because he was represented by a lawyer Joe.
Speaker 5: Typically, if you get offered a deal from the DA and you accept the deal, like in this case, it's eighteen months or whatever the guy was trying to say, and then the judge doesn't want to do that, do you? Typically can you change your mind then and go to court, or once you agree to the deal, you agree to it. It's done, even if the deal changes.
Speaker 10: So usually what they do the DNA does is make recommendations. Some of the judges will say, have accepting this, this is what I want to do. But usually they're making recommendation. It's up to the judge composed a sentence. You are taking risks. That's where you're relying on your attorney to make a good argument and to convince the judge otherwise. But yeah, a lot of times you're pleading. The DA may recommend a particular sentence, but the judge can do whatever the heck he wants to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's kind of it seems unfair, doesn't it?
Speaker 9: Tom?
Speaker 4: In a lot of ways? You absolutely Isn't that really what happened to?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Who was the comedian? He'll cause me?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you'll cause the DA said, will never charge you criminally if you pay these people, and then a new.
Speaker 4: D not if you pay them, if you're deposed and you tell the truth, it won't have criminal criminal ramifications. Do you remember that, Joe?
Speaker 5: Yeah, then a new DA comes in and says, ah, you know what, I don't care what the old DA says.
Speaker 4: We're throwing you in jail. That's what That's exactly right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And it's unfortunate because on his case, this the staff case, you would think they do more of an investigation. I mean, they should have taken the black box, investigated a fingerprints being prints are going to show who's behind the wheel, lots of different parts of the investigation that he could ever should have done.
Speaker 1: I like that he did.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 4: I think Joe, a more aggressive attorney would have fought this or would have called their bluff. I mean saying, look, you got a kid dazed at the scene, who first told workers the dead guy was driving. Then they threatened him that if he was driving, he's in trouble, so he's going to go. I mean, I could never see a jury coming to a conclusion with these facts.
Speaker 10: No, Yeah, it's questionable.
Speaker 4: Raises a lot of doubt. James. I'm sorry man, your son. In my opinion, your grandson could have had better defense. I mean, but it's over, bro. When was this conviction recorded.
Speaker 1: Last week?
Speaker 4: Hey, oh oh oh, Joe last week.
Speaker 9: There's a chance he might.
Speaker 1: I believe there's I believe, excuse me, I believe they're still working the details out of the five years and a permanent felony. But like I say, my grandson to this dage, does none remember whether he was driving or not? You know, we're not.
Speaker 4: And the other kids remember, Well, if he doesn't remember that. Then they only had the other guy to go on, and the other guy changed the.
Speaker 3: Story exactly it might be worth and told us hold on, go.
Speaker 4: Ahead, Joe. What are you going to say, James, hang on? Please just hang on, Joe, go ahead.
Speaker 10: It might be worth paying an attorney, different attorney in New Mexico to look at the case, to not only look at the plea bargain, to see if it's you know, the paperwork to stipulations or recommendations. But maybe they can with draw the plea. It's a little harder to withdraw flea after you lead guilty in our sentence, it's out there. But I think paying another attorney few undred bucks to look at it and have peace of mind would be well worth it.
Speaker 1: Well, that would be worth it. But like I said, this man charged this fifty thousand dollars, which I took most of it out of my retirement. Oh my good, and he our attorney from I call our attorney. He didn't want to take the chance that we would even have a chance. In Ratton, New Mexico. We tried to get it moved to Santa Fe. The judge don't know, but why why why?
Speaker 4: The doubt is doubt whether it's for Tone or Santa Fe, what difference does that make? Well, he doesn't know. He's just sociating to the attorney. It's not like it's a local kid that was killed.
Speaker 1: Seriously, but the district attorney said that if we go to a trial, which I wanted to do, but my grandson was too scared to. He said, the judge, the district attorney, and all the jurors are all friends and neighbors in that little town. They're not going to go up against the district attorney and the judge.
Speaker 4: So we figured, Joe, what do you believe stuff like that happens?
Speaker 1: Joe?
Speaker 4: Do you believe stuff like that?
Speaker 10: Herbert?
Speaker 1: We didn't have a judge, James.
Speaker 4: Please hang on, bro when I ask a question of the other guy, just hang on for a second. Joe, what do you think about that kind of stuff? Yeah?
Speaker 10: I mean none of the kids are from Ritton, from Albertquerque, so there's really no they're not even.
Speaker 4: From Albutquerque, are they are? They they're from Denver.
Speaker 1: I think they're Colorado, Yes, yes, yeah, even more so.
Speaker 10: I mean, so there's no connection to the children, especially the one that died, So right, I think there's any inherent bias.
Speaker 4: I mean, I look at it's it's water under the bridge. I mean, there's nothing you can do about it right now. Well, James, you can have another attorney look at it. We're bounds for appeal, Joe. It's tough.
Speaker 10: I mean, only if there's an effective assistance and some different things like that. I think just having an attorney look at the plea paperwork and I'm trying to understand that batter, or going to his attorney and saying, hey, explain this to me, because I think a lot of times there's a lot of confusion. I'd defend it.
Speaker 4: Yes there is.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm so sorry for you. James. This is terrible. And you took fifty grand out of your retirement. I really this is terrible. Now, look the good news your son, your grandson doesn't have jail.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's true true, I mean you know, and and was he also find James?
Speaker 1: Not so far?
Speaker 4: Are there any civil Are there any civil lawsuits coming from the deceased boys family?
Speaker 1: No, not that we know of.
Speaker 4: We know of it. Well, brace yourself, Joe. I would be shocked if that boy's family does not sue, Joe, this is bo Have you ever came hold on? We got to take a break. We can't even continue this. But here's the deal. Let's keep Joe on. I wanted to ask questions this civil Joe's done civil cases, and I'm telling you I can feel a lawsuit coming. Also, James, I want to know what kind of insurance was on the car? Hold on. We'll talk about that coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you are his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three all three seven to one to three talk seven one three eight two five five Joela's Era Criminal defense attorney Mark you had some well, we've got listen real quick.
Speaker 5: We have got some holidays coming up, you know, between Christmas and New Year's. I bet Joe gets really busy with duuys and Colorado. I just saw the other day is going to do some checkpoints. So I wanted to ask some basic questions, like, Joe, if you come up to.
Speaker 4: A checkpoint, do you have to go through the checkpoint?
Speaker 5: And if they ask you if you're drinking and you were leaving a party and had a beer. Let's say you just had one beer, do you tell them I just had one beer. I mean, I want to hear real legal advice from you on checkpoints. How they work? Do you have to go through them? And if a cop asks you a question, what do you say?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 10: With regards to checkpoints, one, they have to be posted and you'll receive notice, so you do have the opportunity to turn and avoid the checkpoint.
Speaker 4: What do you mean they have to be posted, Joe, I don't understand what you mean.
Speaker 10: So they'll have to have a big sign that says a DUI checkpoint ahead to the checkpoint and giving you enough opportunity to turn and avoid the checkpoint.
Speaker 5: Boy, you'd have to really, you'd have to be really drunk not to turn right. I mean That's the craziest thing ever, Joe, do they when you turn? Is that reasonable cause to pull you over?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 10: But I've seen police officers sit there and obviously they're looking for any type of traffic in fraction, So why turn? Failing to signal different things like that so that will give them the reasonal suspicion. But then if you do go through a checkpoint, the first question they ask is have you been drinking? And once you admit yes, even if it's one beer, they're going to direct you to pull over, and then they're going to do roadsides on you. And now it starts the investigation, you know.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Joe, on this case with James, don't you smell a civil suit coming? I mean, wouldn't you be shocked if it didn't?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I would be really shocked at I think the family of the deceased boy, well, the fact that they now have a conviction that makes this the both case a little easier. They're going to sue not only the boy his parents, but grandma as well.
Speaker 4: Are you allowed to bring in the criminal part as part of your evidence.
Speaker 10: I can't speak about Arizona, but in some states yes you can. But obviously it creates that presumption of negligence there.
Speaker 4: And now, okay, so James, do you guys on that car have good insurance?
Speaker 1: The boys accepted twenty five thousand dollars from the car insurance.
Speaker 4: As full and vital settlement, so they can't go after him, can they, Joe? Most likely?
Speaker 10: Wow, if they accepted twenty five thousand dollars and signed a release releasing everyone of liability, Yeah, they're done with her twenty five.
Speaker 4: Grand Let me ask you some James, what kind of insurance did you have on the car? Probably that was your limit, right it was?
Speaker 1: It was, Yes, it was twenty five thousand dollars, but it's from me his grandmother from the other side.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, okay, okay, okay. And let me assume then that this boy that was presumed driving your grandson and his parents are not rich. No, okay, you know, Joe, they made a decision there. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: They took the low hanging fruit because you know, what else are they going to do?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 10: And then sometimes you can judgment, but you can't collect them.
Speaker 4: Well, James, I don't know, man, I don't know how much you want to fight thing. But Joe, this felony. You've helped people before. Is this a terrible felony to have?
Speaker 13: Is it?
Speaker 4: I mean it's going to affect him, isn't it.
Speaker 9: It will.
Speaker 10: Any type of felony will affect you with future employment and driving jobs, different things like that. It will always come back to haunt him. The nice thing is he's not in jail. He's not in prison because he could have. If he was in fact driving, he very well could have been in prison.
Speaker 4: Now you can go for an expungement after a certain amount of time, right, Joe.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there are situations and types of felonies that can be expunged or sealed or.
Speaker 4: Oh this is not one. This is unlikely one of them.
Speaker 10: It's hard to say what because this is a New Mexico.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's tough to say.
Speaker 10: He would have to talk to somebody.
Speaker 4: But in Colorado, would it be tough for a criminally negligent homicide.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it would get removed and all I could have.
Speaker 4: Okay, James, thank you for calling. I wish we had better news for you. Lazara Legal la zz are a hold on while we have Joe, hold on one more thing, Joe, not on the political side of it.
Speaker 5: But on the legal side, when we talk about this part and Biden did the other day that apparently covers anything he did in that time frame, like a ten year time frame, even crimes they didn't know. He still can't get in trouble for. Is that how you understand this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 10: If one covers anything and everything.
Speaker 4: God, that's an amazing thing. Yeah.
Speaker 10: So if he did something a month ago, it's covered as well.
Speaker 4: Jeez, okay, Lazzar Lazara Legal three OZHO three four sixty two hundred four two nine six two zero zero. Put that away in your wallet and I hope you never need it. And please designated drivers. He has enough business, trust me, he doesn't need yours. We have more coming up. Then we're gonna talk to Evelyn about an eight year old girl, her daughter assaulted by a teacher. More on that coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance checkup free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Three oh three seven to one three talk three oh three seven one three three eight two five five. Let's go to the phones. And I want to take Evelyn about our eight year old daughter. This sounds terrible, ugh, so let's talk about it. What is going on? Evelyn?
Speaker 9: Good morning?
Speaker 13: How are you today?
Speaker 4: I'm doing good. I hope you are. What's happening?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 14: So my story consists of my year old daughter as a special students?
Speaker 4: How old is she?
Speaker 9: Eight years old?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 14: On Wednesday, November twentieth, during school hours, which is eight am to three point thirty, there was an incident that I was not informed of.
Speaker 4: And wait wait, wait when did you say this happened? How long ago?
Speaker 14: On the twentieth of November?
Speaker 4: Okay? Got it? Okay? Got it?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 14: I was not informed the day the incident occurred. Uh, nor my father and my sister had picked up because both of my children's there, they were picked up and no faculty member mentioned anything about the incident to them or myself.
Speaker 4: What is the incident?
Speaker 14: The incident is when I got the information from my daughter, is her special A teacher pushed, splashed, shoved her on the track and she fell out of her school chair onto the ground on her back.
Speaker 4: Now, hold on a sec Your eight year old student told you this, yes, and why did she say it happened?
Speaker 3: So I asked her.
Speaker 14: And I didn't get the information honestly until Thursday evening when I picked her up from school. I was not aware of anything that occurred the day prior. On Wednesday, I asked her, you know, how is your day going, honey? Is there anything that you need to tell me that happened in school? And she told me that her teacher hurt her, And I said, well, I don't understand.
Speaker 9: Explained?
Speaker 14: So she told me she was sitting at her desk drawing something on a piece of paper with the marker. The teacher through the papers, which upset my daughter, so she threw she talked it marker. So I asked her, well, maybe the teacher got upset because the marker did the marker hit a student. Did it hit another adult in the classroom? Did it break anything? She said, all it did was hit a picture on the wall.
Speaker 4: Because okay, but but even if okay, but no matter what I mean, he shouldn't shove her. He literally shoved her in the chest a little girl.
Speaker 8: Oh it's a lady.
Speaker 14: And yes, that according to my daughter, that is what happened. And I had her play it out for me and show me exactly how it was done.
Speaker 4: And I asked her, was it it was like a shove, like like, hey, get out, get away from that, or I mean did okay? And then when she fell, was it reported? Did your daughter go to the office or what happened then?
Speaker 15: So that's the thing.
Speaker 14: That's why I'm calling you, sir is because it was not reported to me immediately first and formal. She's a minor, it's of course ability to contact me.
Speaker 4: But was she given any attention?
Speaker 10: I do not know.
Speaker 14: They will not release that information to me.
Speaker 4: Okay, what does your daughter say? Does your daughter say she got back in her chair and the rest of it was just normal or what did your daughter have to say?
Speaker 14: She said that the teacher kneeled over her after she was on the floor and told her that she shouldn't be kicking teachers.
Speaker 13: So, if I can.
Speaker 14: Backcheck a little bit, after she fell on the floor, my daughter started side sleeping her leg back and forth, as if I'm assuming it's a protection mode for her for the teachers got away from her. The teacher kneeled down and told her she shouldn't be kicking teachers.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now you said she's a special ed student, and I just have to ask this. Can she recall accurately what happened? I mean, is she how? What are her special needs?
Speaker 14: So she has a speech delay and she has ADHD. I'm currently on a wait list for Children's Hospital for her to get other diagnoses done on her, which we're unaware of. So that is all that I know currently about her. She had a speech delay and the ADHD, and she's currently going to therapy right now as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, so what does the principal say? I mean, obviously you contacted the school after your daughter told you.
Speaker 14: The principal called me the at eight fifteen Thursday morning, asked me if I was aware of the incident that occurred, and I was just blindsided.
Speaker 4: Okay, so did hold on? So the principal called you. Before you called them, you found out about it that Wednesday.
Speaker 14: Right, No, sir, the incident took place Wednesday, and I was informed by the principal there was an incident that occurred Thursday morning. I was not aware at all Wednesday at all.
Speaker 4: But your daughter Wait, wait, hold on on. Your daughter told you on Wednesday.
Speaker 14: No, sir, she told me Thursday morning, Thursday afternoon, after pick up, and.
Speaker 4: She told you what happened yesterday, Yes, the day prior, okay. And then the principal called you Thursday after you picked up. Oh, Thursday morning, before you picked up your daughter. Yes, yes, and he said something happened that morning. He was mistaken. He meant the previous morning.
Speaker 3: No, he said.
Speaker 14: He asked me if I was aware of the incident that had occurred the day prior.
Speaker 13: Oh, okay, Wednesday, and I said no.
Speaker 14: No one has contacted me or the first person to mention that.
Speaker 4: So when you went to pick up your daughter, you had knowledge of the incident, and that's why you.
Speaker 14: You said find out until Thursday pick up when I walked her out of the school and started questioning her because the school did not give me any.
Speaker 4: Sort of you Okay, correct me, Evelyn. I'm sorry, but if we're going to help you, I need to have these details exact. I thought you said the principal called you Thursday morning. Yes, yes, okay, and you picked up your daughter after the principal notified you, and.
Speaker 14: That was Thursday at after school.
Speaker 4: I get it. But when I said, then, when you picked up your daughter, you had knowledge of the event, and that's why you asked about the details, you knew about the event when you picked up your daughter Thursday.
Speaker 14: No, sir, I did not know until I picked her up, and I questioned her myself.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, hold on, am I just tell me where I'm wrong? Guys, No, seriously, I'm serious. Now tell me where I'm wrong. She said the principal called her on Thursday morning before she picked up her kid. Then she said she picked up her child after that, but knew nothing about the incident. Did she just say that or am I credit? Did she just say that? It's hard she wanders a little bit. But we got a break. Let's but did Okay, I got to take a break, Evelyn. So when you picked up your daughter on Thursday, you had already been informed by the principle. That's a simple yes or no.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 14: He informed me was that there was an incident, but he did not have details to get.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 4: I didn't ask if you had detail, but you knew about the incident though, and then your daughter gave the details. Is that correct? I just need to know that before we contact the school, Yes, sir, Yeah, Oh good, Okay, Now we need to know what they're doing about it. After this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content of time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two everything. Hi, Tom Martine, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk now. This is a terrible situation. I'd be so pissed off if my daughter said the teacher pushed me to the and I fell off my chair. I'd be so upset now the UH of course, the UH principal call, but gave no details. I think. By the way, Evelyn, when the principal did call, did you ask about details or did you figure I'll just talk to my daughter.
Speaker 14: No, Sir, I asked if he had any details. He said he couldn't give me any information because he was notified after school hours later on in the evening and he was still trying to gather details himself.
Speaker 4: Okay, do they deny anything that your daughter said?
Speaker 14: So they don't know anything that I knew until yesterday. I sent an email out to the principal with all the details, the superintendent and the school board, and I got a response this morning from the principal. I asked him if I could have a meeting with him tomorrow morning at eight am, and he responded, yes.
Speaker 9: He's the available.
Speaker 14: So they didn't know anything that I knew until actually today because I did not release any mas, I wasn't getting information from them as well.
Speaker 4: So you could get a positive result and have this teacher talk to or disciplined or I don't know, like what do you want?
Speaker 14: I want justice?
Speaker 1: For my daughter.
Speaker 14: I need to know why this teacher put hands on my child?
Speaker 3: Why was I not notified immediately? Why am I not getting any answers?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd like to know how how did the principal find out?
Speaker 14: He would not disclose that information to me either, sir. He just said he was notified after school hours later on in the evening Wednesday night, and that's all that he knew.
Speaker 4: I'm going to tell you something. I'm going to tell you something that's going to frustrate the living crap out of you here. And this is, oh my gosh, I'm running out of time. So Evelyn, I'm going to I want you to be prepared for something that's going to happen in your meeting, okay. And then I want to try to give you some things to ask specifically, So hang on, okay please, I'm Tom Martinez. And then Debbie wants to talk about a water issue involving a plumber, and then Philippi wants to talk about an incompleted roof. All of that coming up on the Troubleshooter show. Go with a Sure Thing Denver's Best Rufer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent to your content. Please run time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Ripped of.
Speaker 2: New need ad vissel, you don't have.
Speaker 9: Come, run in as fast as can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man, This is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Here to help you solve problems, answer questions, take the plans. Hey, we've been doing this forty five years, and you know what we love what we do. And a shout out to Mark's parents. They're gonna be going back tomorrow. Uh oh. Anyway, I've known them for many years and they had a good time out here, didn't they mark a good time? They had a great time.
Speaker 5: We only got one one good fierce political argument It happened last night when I found out about the pardon, and I said, there goes your guy again, lying like the rug he is. And we got into it pretty good. But this morning we made up.
Speaker 4: So that's a good thing. God, I mean, wow, you know, anyway, what's really weird Mark's parents being so liberal are in Florida.
Speaker 5: I know, isn't that funny because that is probably the reddest of red My dad had a pipe dream about two months ago.
Speaker 4: We were talking.
Speaker 5: He literally said, it looks like Florida might be in play this time for Democrats. And I'm going, oh my god, I realize Orlando's a little strange because of Disney, but it's not even close to be an employee.
Speaker 1: Let let me.
Speaker 4: I don't want to get into a political discussion, but I do go not really, no, no. I wanted to ask, though, seriously, did you like did he like get the impression?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 4: I mean, I love your parents, by the way, and I never talked to them about politics. The closest I came to it was I was at his birthday and he turned whatever, and I said, now you're finally old enough to be a president. But in any case, do you remember that Mark when he was you know he turned out Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's right, and that was not long ago. So so here's what I wanted to know though, I mean, does he realize though, and your mom realized that the spoke that the woe the spoke, they spoke to the woke basically.
Speaker 5: So something I learned on this trip that's pretty amazing. Let's just for a minute talk about Biden's laptop. And they had no clue that it was real in their world. They really think the laptop was Russian disinformation still, and I really had no idea. So after we had a discussion about the laptop a few nights ago, my mom was looking up information on it and it was just remarkable. I don't know where they get their news, because like, the laptop is nowhere there, they just don't.
Speaker 4: It's so weird.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 4: They live in a different world. But I think in a lot of ways though, when you talk about the border, it's the same way.
Speaker 5: They're like, oh, twelve million people haven't come over. It's like, oh my god, that doesn't even include.
Speaker 4: The goutaways of course. Twelve million. Well, I heard they literally told me this. I heard that Trump. God, what did they say, had more people come over the border? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Literally, they told me that Trump had more people come over the border during his four years then Biden has.
Speaker 4: Now, Now, what where do you get news like that? How is that even possible?
Speaker 9: Tom?
Speaker 4: I mean like, really, where do you get news like that?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: It all you have to do, Mark is watch all the different sources. You'll be shocked at what you see. And here I mean, but in any case, here, here's what I want to ask Chris from discount baths dot com. He's our guest today. I want to ask him a quick question here. Somebody wants to know can you still do if they want to redo they're bath and they have a shub that's the top the shower tub. Can you do just a shower and then a separate tub if.
Speaker 6: There's space there? Yes, it matters how big the bathroom is. If it's a shub, it's typically a five by eight or a five x ten. Maybe can you do a small shower and a tub or not?
Speaker 4: You can? You got to take out a wall or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we'd have to go into a closet or into a bedroom or something like that to get the space. So you need, you know, a typical hall bathroom tub is thirty inches by sixty right five by two and a half feet. There's no room to put a shower if you put one of those in there. And that's a pretty small bathtub. Now a lot of times there's a bigger bathroom that's got a lot of space in there that's not being used. Then that's a different story.
Speaker 4: Okay. The other one is this, how let me find it? I'm sorry, I gotta find it. How custom can you get I'm summing it up. How custom can you get?
Speaker 9: Very?
Speaker 4: Can you knock out a wall and make it bigger? Yes? Yes, okay, Oh, they came over. They were in our house.
Speaker 5: Man, they come over. They can do whatever you want. We were thinking when we remodel, we might get rid of the tub all together and make the actual closet bigger. And they can do all of that, man, every bit of it, you name. In fact, you guys were even we were talking about possibly putting a urinol in in everything.
Speaker 4: Man, they can gut it. Or we showed you that other room, the half bath, it just has the sink and toilet. Or they can come in and just do the sink and toilet and do nothing.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 6: Yeah, materials we can get as custom as you want.
Speaker 4: Discount paths dot Com start there. Hey, I want to go back to Evelyn, because Evelyn. Here's the thing about schools that frustrates the living crap out of people, Honest to God. I'll give you some examples we've had in the past. For example, let's say your daughter is in the schoolyard. I'm not talking about your I'm talking about in general. This is a situation that can happen, and it really did, and I just looked up some of our past cases. So your daughter's in the schoolyard and a bully boy comes over and literally kicks her and pushes her down and starts kicking her. Teacher stop it, right, You find out about it sometimes late. Sometimes they try to find out what did your daughter do to deserve it or whatever? I mean, they do all kinds of investigation. Right then you find out a little bit about it, and then your daughter tells you more, and other kids tell you, oh, missus, so and so it was terrible blah blah blah. Right, okay, so you're upset. Now listen to this. I swear to God, this is how schools operate. So you call the school and you demand to know what's going on and what are they doing about the bully? And do you know what? They tell you They can't discuss it with you. It's none of your business. It's private. It's private. Now can you imagine, Evelyn? It's private?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: Why do I tell that story? Mark? How many times have we heard this kind of thing going on? It's private? And you're saying, wait a minute, it's private, it's my daughter. What's going on with this kid? You know? Okay? Now here, Here's what's going to happen, Evelyn. When you talk to the prince, you would think it's like a hippola or something. Yeah, when you talk to the principal, I'll guarantee you is that a he or she principle doesn't matter. But the principal's not going to tell you what they're doing. The principal's going to tell you it's under investigation. They can't that they're not at liberty to discuss it, Okay, And that's their way of saying they don't have to do anything, and that's what they do. Nothing. Now, unless it was a serious Now, let me get this straight. If it was a serious act of violence or sexual assault or something. I'm not telling you schools will cover it up, but I'm telling you, in most cases, when it's not so called in quote serious, it's serious to you, don't get me wrong, But they will not. They're going to stonewall. They're meeting with you just to just so the fuse doesn't get They don't want you to blow up. But you're going to say, well, what's going on? What are you doing about this teacher? And they're not going to tell you. And what you need to do is you need to say this. You need to say you need to know what is being done with the teacher. And if they will not share that with you, you tell them you're bringing in law enforcement and you're pressing assault charges. Okay, and that'll light a fire under him.
Speaker 1: What do you.
Speaker 4: Suspect will happen? What are you going to ask for at the meeting? Accountability?
Speaker 1: Like? What?
Speaker 14: Why was I not informed in a timely manner? I did ask him?
Speaker 4: You know what, don't go I wouldn't do that. I wouldn't mess with the past at all. I wouldn't. Honest to god, what difference does that make, Evan? I mean, they'll tell you a million things. What difference does it make you weren't informed in a timely manner. Now you can say, at the end of all of this, you know in the future it would behoove you or go to the school board really and say when incidents happen with children, parents should be notified immediately. Of course, the school is going to say they didn't know about it right away, blah blah, blah blah blah. But here's what you need to do. You need to deal with what happens now. The school's not going to going to tomorrow yesterday. Land is a waste of time. So what do you really want? I know you're pissed off you weren't notified, but that's already done. There's nothing you can do about it, nothing at all you can do about the past. So what do you want in the present and future? What do you want?
Speaker 14: A safety for all children that go to school?
Speaker 4: Well, you don't have the you don't have the standing for that. See, I knew you were going to say that, And I'm not putting you down by the way. I know exactly how you feel and I feel the same way. But let me explain this to you. People who tell me that they're fighting for the principle of the thing and they want to change the system, They're never going to be listened to. You need to give them bite sized chunks that they can do. I'm serious about this, But if I hadn't had hundreds of cases over the years involving schools, I wouldn't waste my time telling you this. But I'm telling you if you say I think there should be a system in place to protect all students, well they're not gonna listen to you. No one listens to universal arguments at all. You come off like a nut just wanting to change everything, or when you go into the past. Here's what I recommend, bite sized pieces. First and foremost, this teacher must know that it is wrong to shove a student to the point where they fall on the floor. What are you doing about it? And if it's not adequate, I am pressing criminal charges. Okay, there you go. There's a bite sized chunk they can deal with. Then you can ask something like this, Yes, what policies do you have in place to prevent this from happening? Again? Do you see that's a bite sized chunk you're not saying I want to make sure all students are safe for all of eternity. Okay, you know what I'm saying, right, Yes.
Speaker 14: Sir, I actually did ask him what his protocols and procedures were, and he said he did not know. He didn't know where on the website he could find it. He would contact several people and then call me back, and I never got a phone call back back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you were asking what they were. What you're going to ask now is what are they doing now? Okay? You got to give them a chance to implement. If they didn't, I mean truly think about now to the future, unless, of course, your daughter suffered some emotional trauma and there needs to be changes with that teacher. You don't want to ear in that class or different that's a whole different story. Okay, But bite sized chunks don't be too universal. They won't listen to you. We gotta break, okay, Evelyn. I want you to call us back. Please please call us back and let us know what goes on. Then we can take it one step at a time. After that, by exposing the school and all of that. I'm Tom Martino. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martino here. Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk three oh three one three eight two five five. Now Debbie your turn, and I'm sorry for the wait, and I promise you. Philippe you're next as well. Let's talk Debbie. What's going on?
Speaker 9: Well, I'm having a plumbing problem, and I don't know if you remember me, mister Martin. You know, but you helped my father and you saved him over thirty thousand dollars. You and a man named Howie I don't even know his real name.
Speaker 4: Yes, we did it have to do with a sewer system.
Speaker 9: Yes, it was a mark cap. Yeah, and you also saw to jail time.
Speaker 4: For that, and I got to know what happened. Let's fill us in. And Howie, by the way, how equality first plumbing you're talking about, right? Oh, yeah, how we met how He's a great guy anyway, Howie though, I believe sold I believe how he sold his how he sold his company though, So tell me what's going on? Yeah, well, hold hold on, hold on, hold on. I really want to know. How did you save this person thirty thousand? What was the deal? Do you remember? Yeah? They were being cheated by a company that came in and told them what they need and how they needed to go ahead.
Speaker 9: Sorry, yeah, they literally took thirty more that's about thirty six thousand from my dad, tore up the yard, ruined the plumbing. He was not under any kind of right license. How we went to court with us. Yeah, you had it on the air every day for probably a week. People donated stuff to us. It was the most nicest thing.
Speaker 4: I loved it, Thank you so much. And you know I had a great Howie. Howie is golden by the way, in my books. So what's going on now?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 9: I called quality first for Howie, and no one told me anything that it was a different company, or they said they were Quality First.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, unfortunately that's true. I mean that's true. People sell companies and they keep the names and everything. Normally, people like Howie and other people that we know normally try to find like minded people because they care about what they've built. So what happened in your.
Speaker 9: Case, Well, they did a good job. Actually, what did.
Speaker 4: You hire them for? Let's start at the beginning. What did you hire them for?
Speaker 9: My well pump went down? It just they went out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wouldn't have called Quality First. I would not call a regular plumber for a wells, but anyway I would, I would hire literally.
Speaker 9: Well people guy that I've always used, just like Howie, once you find a good person, you stay with them.
Speaker 4: So you hired Quality First Plumbing to replace your your your well pump.
Speaker 9: No, I called Geo Water, which used to be when I used them before Olympic pump and well but they changed their name too. They were just recently sold too, So you okay, I need.
Speaker 4: To know how this involves quality first, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 9: They're called Geo. The first person I called was Geo because I didn't think it was a plumbing. I knew it was the pump, the wettomp got it. So they came and the kids said, they sent two kids, and they said, yep, it's the well pump instead. No problem, it'll be real quick. They charged me two hundred and thirty, told me they'd be right back and that the bill would be another thirteen hundred or so. I said, no problem, and then they didn't come back. So that evening, about almost five o'clock, I called and they said, no, we'll send someone tomorrow. So around noon the next day, they send this guy out and he replaces the pump and all the stuff.
Speaker 4: And I was just like, wait, wait, wait, how much do they charge you to replace the well pump? O?
Speaker 9: Gosh, altogether, I don't have that.
Speaker 4: It had to have been fifty It had to have been about fifteen hundred.
Speaker 9: It was, it was about fifteen thirty. I think, got it?
Speaker 4: Okay, So what happened then?
Speaker 9: So then?
Speaker 4: Where was I?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 4: You? They came out and they replaced the well pumped.
Speaker 9: Then what placed the well pump? And everything was great. The next day my I was sitting on the toilet and it blew up. I flushed the toilet and it.
Speaker 4: Blew up too much pressure. Yeah, that's because they didn't regulate the uh the pressure tanks.
Speaker 9: So what happened then? This one? All right, listen to this one. So I thought it was uh water because they had just checked the pump and all the well stuff, and the guy said it was fine. So when they came back out.
Speaker 4: When you say your toilet blew up, When you say your toilet blew.
Speaker 9: Up, what do you mean the It wasn't a to it, it was the pump. They put the hose on crooked to the pump.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but when you flushed the toilet, did you when you flushed the toilet, did you hear like any an explosion or something.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was a huge See I live in a cinderblock house. It's my grandpa built it in nineteen.
Speaker 4: Just tell me what happened when you flushed the toilet. What did you hear?
Speaker 9: It sounded like a water pipe bursting. Okay, Okay, that's why I called quality, I mean, I get it.
Speaker 4: That's where quality First came in.
Speaker 9: No, Quality first came in and fixed the pump or yeah.
Speaker 4: That's no, you flushed the toilet, it sounded like a pipe was bursted. So then you called Quality first, Jesus, I don't, Jess, I don't know what to do. I can't completely no.
Speaker 9: When I called Geo said another man.
Speaker 4: Got it and it sounded like a pipe bursting. And you called them back? What did GEO do? Then?
Speaker 9: I didn't call them back. I called Geo Water and they told me. I said, look, it blew up because Quality first diagnosed this. The hose wasn't on their right.
Speaker 4: Hold on, Debbie, Debbie, Debbie, you just pop Quality first in there from nowhere. Let me just I want you to slow down and just and Geo Water replace your well pumped number one got it right right then? It sounded after you flushed the toilet like a pipe burst right right then? You called who right after that? Did you call Quality after that?
Speaker 9: Yes? I called Quality because I thought it was a water pipe, because I had already.
Speaker 4: Had all that, And Quality said, Quality said what Quality said that?
Speaker 9: Well, they just didn't think that it could be that. You know, it would have happened a lot sooner if if that hose would have been ripped.
Speaker 4: And I'm asking you what Quality said something was wrong and they fixed it? Is that right or wrong?
Speaker 9: It's wrong?
Speaker 4: Okay? Did Quality come to your home after you called them, yes, after and what did they do when they came to your home? I want to take this one step at a time. What did Quality Plumbing do when they came to your home after you heard what sounded like a pipe bursting? What did they do for you?
Speaker 9: I came and he put it all back together again?
Speaker 4: And ask what did he put back together? Was there a broken pipe?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 8: It was the hoes that it are.
Speaker 4: And they fixed something. Okay, got it? That's okay, that's okay. So Quality first they fixed something, right.
Speaker 9: Then what happened he was leaving, He told me that he took the timer off, that he disconnected my timer to the well because it was redundant because there was already a float system in the sisters well. I've called my son in law that night, who's working at the airport in California.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on a second, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, Debbie, I'm going to I don't need to know. I just what's that?
Speaker 12: Won't you let me call her off the air She seems a little confused, and what transpired?
Speaker 4: No, No, I want to I want to get to the basics first. Okay, and then we'll talk to but the end, go to the end. Go to the end.
Speaker 9: So I told him, I said, that's not the end.
Speaker 4: No, No, that's the conversation. Go to the end. What did it turn out to be the end?
Speaker 9: Was? They told me? No, the timer was fine. He was an expert.
Speaker 4: That means, what is the end? Who is that fault? What are you calling about? Go to the end the last sentence. Therefore, Quality first screwed me and did something wrong? Or GEO water screwed me and did something wrong.
Speaker 9: Go to the last sentence, Geo water screwed me, did something wrong? And because it was a timer without the third person, they said out, So are.
Speaker 4: You calling to complain about Quality First? Or are you calling to complain about Geo water bowater? Got it? Hold on and we'll come right back to you. I'm Tom Martino. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, I'm Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eighty five five. So listen, here's the deal, Debbie. We got Deputy Bow's gonna get in touch with you, and we do want to help you, okay. And I do understand you're trying to build a case against GEO Water who did something wrong, and you need Quality First to back you up. That's the initial call, right, But they the guy that came out to your house doesn't work there anymore, is that right, Debbie?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 4: What kind of evidence are you trying to gather?
Speaker 9: Well, I just need him to say that, yes, the line was torn when he put the coup lane onto the pump and that's what caused the explosion.
Speaker 4: Now did the explosion do any damage?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Okay? Then why do you care?
Speaker 9: No of it?
Speaker 4: Then? Why do you care?
Speaker 9: Well? Because I paid two hundred and thirty dollars for Doo to come diagnose the problem. Seventeen hundred and sixty one thirteen for them to do for them to disconnect the timer and replace the pump. Then they charged me one thousand dollars for a new timer that they were the ones who took out. And plus I paid eighteen sixty one for Quality First to repair the pump again.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I get it, I get it some of this, Debbie. The original problem that they did was for fifteen hundred is that right? Around fifteen thirty? Okay for your pump? Right?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 9: No, altogether it was.
Speaker 4: I'm not asking altogether no, no, okay, two thousand for the original pump.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 9: Yep?
Speaker 4: And then after that, after that, what did what did GEO charge you beyond.
Speaker 9: That five hundred dollars for the timer?
Speaker 4: Okay? Why did they put it? Why did they put it? Why did they put a timer in?
Speaker 9: Because the timer that the guy said was redundant and that I didn't need was an absolutely essential part of my well system.
Speaker 4: And who said you didn't need it? Quality First?
Speaker 9: Ko water?
Speaker 4: Okay, listen, Debbie, who did I'm going to let you work with she she has told me at least three or four different versions. She said that quality first originally told her she didn't need the timer. I can't sort it out on the air because people right now are hanging themselves and jumping out windows, and I don't want to be responsible for the mass suicides. So Debbie, you're going to talk to BO and we will try to help you by getting an independent expert to look at this situation. Philip, what is going on with you? Sir? What's going on? Philippe?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 13: Hey some thanks? Thanks for taking much.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, what can I do for you?
Speaker 10: And too?
Speaker 13: If Mark's there?
Speaker 4: Yes he is. What's up brother?
Speaker 10: Great?
Speaker 13: Hey, how's it going man? Thanks for having me on. Appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Okay, what can we do for you?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 13: So we had uh, we had hail damage over and Auraura you know yeah, and we hired this company to come and do our roofing.
Speaker 4: And who did you hire?
Speaker 13: Colorado Superior Roofing.
Speaker 4: And how did you find them? How did you find them?
Speaker 1: Just online?
Speaker 4: You know, Google them and kind of yeah, the worst, the worst place to find. Now. I'm not saying Google's not good for finding places, but they're not good for telling you who to hire. Okay, So to tell you who to hire, you call us. See Google doesn't do that. No one does that, accept us, and and and it's it's just the way it is. It's based on history. And uh so you hired Colorado Superior Roofing, and and what is wrong with the job? Okay?
Speaker 13: So they uh they uh you know, they sold us a job. They've got us to sign the contract based on them giving us like premium materials you know, yeah, uh promising to replace our skyline.
Speaker 4: Mm and this is all in your contract, right, it's not on.
Speaker 13: The skylight, not on there.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on the skylight. The replacement of the skylight is not on the contract. Are the materials on the contract.
Speaker 13: The materials that he promised us? I can't really tell you, but like he promised us.
Speaker 4: Here's what I do want to ask you. This is Philip A. I'm not trying to trick you. I need to get to the bottom of this. Is then, does the contract basically say they're going to replace the roof and they're going to do what your insurance wants. But they don't specify each in every detail? Or do they specify each in every detail?
Speaker 13: Well, they don't said they don't have room to to like fill all that in the line it.
Speaker 4: Them, you know, So what did they say in the contract? Basically that they're just going to replace your roof, So they're going.
Speaker 13: To replace the roof, and that, you know, do the complete roof, do our gutters or yeah, our gutter, some of our gutters, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and.
Speaker 13: And we have a shed as well.
Speaker 4: And was that on the contract? It was.
Speaker 13: I don't think he wrote it on the contract, but it was based on you know, I get it.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 4: Nothing that they talked about is going to matter unless it's on the contract. I'm just going to tell you that upfront, so we don't waste your time. I'm telling you if they did not do something and it's not on the contract, then you're out of luck. If it's on the contract and they did not do it, we can help you.
Speaker 13: Right see here, I kind of got the contract right here.
Speaker 4: Now, Okay, hold on and look at that contract and I'll be right back to you. I'm Tom Martino. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. Okay, now let's uh we had it just okay now, so Philippe, so I need to do this for you man. We want to call these people now. Is there anything on the contract that was not done? Well, we'll talk about stuff they promised otherwise, But is there anything on the contract that was not done?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 13: Yes, Tom, So they didn't do the gutters and they didn't do our skylight.
Speaker 4: Okay. Now, were the gutters and the skylights on the contract?
Speaker 13: Yes, they're on the contract.
Speaker 4: I'm okay. What excuse do they have for not doing the gutters and the skylight.
Speaker 13: They just never contacted us, you know. And when they did contact us to do the the skylight, they wanted to just repair it, not replace it.
Speaker 4: What does the contract say that says.
Speaker 13: It says that we're getting a skylight. You know, it doesn't say whether, Okay.
Speaker 4: How much did they how much of on the contract did they allot for the gutters and the skylight?
Speaker 13: Data't itemize anything.
Speaker 4: They just kind of get okay, yeah, okay, So how much will it cost to do the gutters and the skylight?
Speaker 13: We're thinking it's like fifty five hundred to six thousand.
Speaker 4: Okay, And how much did the entire job cost so far? So they're claiming that it's uh no, I'm asking I'm asking you your contract. How much was the contract?
Speaker 13: Oh, it was for sixteen thousand, okay?
Speaker 4: And how much have you been paid by insurance?
Speaker 13: So we basically we've been paid everything.
Speaker 4: From your insurance. Your insurance paid you sixteen grand? Is that right?
Speaker 13: Class supplements?
Speaker 4: So how much were you paid? Listen, man, I just need to get raw hard facts you yourself. How much money was collected from insurance? Total?
Speaker 13: I want to say eighteen grand?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's how much you got from your insurance. How much have you paid to the Colorado Superior Roofing Hell, I'm sorry, Tom. It was like like all right, hold on, hold on, we're not gonna get through it. It's gonna take more.
Speaker 10: Hold on.
Speaker 4: I need raw information. If you need help, we'll give it to you. But I need the information. I'm Tom Martino. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Ye ripped up.
Speaker 2: You need advice so you don't have come runing Just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino. Hello, I'm Tom Martino. Welcome to the show. This hour brought to you by my financial advisement company, Wave eight Wealthmanagement dot com. Please just check it out. And everyone needs to take control and not let advisors simply take their money and place it somewhere else and make a middleman fee. It's that easy. And commissions and and everything. We have found hidden fees everywhere. I appreciate am humbled by the people who have contacted us. I it's overwhelming, and we are talking to each and every one of you. You know that personally. So invest with Martino dot Com as the name of the website. You're not investing with me. You're investing in a real deal, in the in the stock market, and in real stuff that is solid. The secret to investing is not to chase them, and is to find the money flows from anxiety and from institutions and from perceptions, and then try to stay ahead of that. I'm Tom Martino. Remember you can contact me there at three h three seven seven to one help seven seven one four three five seven Invest with Martino dot com. Let me bring in the studio and we are Hey, how was your Thanksgiving? By the way, we okay, I'm going to tell you the story I tell everyone. Oh God, here we go. What now? Delightful? Boring?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 4: Really, that's my life? We had eighteen I mean that in a great way. By the way, why not, I mean I mean that and a great When I say that, you know what I mean, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but why not call it delightfully content?
Speaker 4: Content?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It is, but to others, No, to others, I'm my My sisters asked me, how are you guys doing? I said, delightfully bored? And I say that as a joke, and it is delightfully content. But here's what I don't Okay, I can't put a I don't know why did Stety cook?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 8: Is there?
Speaker 4: I got a question? Is there a blizzard today?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, you know Tom?
Speaker 5: You know where time Tom hides his money at home, right under the vacuum collator or in the.
Speaker 4: Pots and pants. Here's the other thing. Here's the other thing. I really, I really love being this age, but I wish I would have discovered the contentment earlier in life. Now I've been content for a while now, and I mean this sincerely. There's nothing I want, not one thing, not one thing I would buy that I don't have. I'm not saying I have everything. I just I just found this contentment that I can't explain. And I just love life and I love people except for the YouTubers, and I and I really have a good time doing this show. And I just we just have a great time. So so that's it. So so I didn't do anything, went came over to our house? Oh yeah, we did. That's right, we got that payment. Part of our weekend was your house?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 5: Well no, I mean on Thanksgiving though, you should have came over. We actually had entertainment.
Speaker 4: Man, Now, Philippe has a problem because the roofer. Oh you did. What entertainment did you have? Well, thank you for asking. No, seriously, what did you have?
Speaker 5: One of the most you ever met someone that can, like, uh, I don't know, do a special trick of some sort and you watch it and you go, wow, really did you have? Okay, we had a guy break no less than ten bottles glass bottles in our house.
Speaker 11: Well, what he would do is he would fill up an empty glass beer bottle, tom and then he would hold it over. He'd fill it up with water over the trash can.
Speaker 4: He would take his hand and pop the top of the beer bottle in the bottom of the beer bottle came right off. And did you try to duplicate it, Mark, No, he did it with the wine. I try to duplicate that, Tommy. He did it with a wine bottle. He did it with beer. What I'm asking is was there a special technique or is can anyone do that?
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure it takes a special kind of guy to do that, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: No, seriously, I mean was he doing it to entertain you? He was attempting to entertain the group, That's true. Everybody was videotaping.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, every ten seconds we had to take the trash out because so let me get this straight.
Speaker 4: There's a bottle like a beer bottle, yes, and he filled it up with water and then he would slap his.
Speaker 5: Hand over the top yep, and then the bottom would literally blow out into the trash can with all the water he filled in it.
Speaker 4: Yes, now beat that. Yeah, why this guy wasn't on Letterman back, I'm no longer I'm no longer content until I can see that. Here's what I'm going to do, though. I got him lined up for next weekend. He's going to head over to your house and show you how it works. Listen, Philipe, I didn't realize they're filing a lean. Let's get to the bottom of this. So, Philippe, I want to get this straight, but I need some figures first, just to help me out. Here and then I'm on this. The contract was about six grand. Then there were some supplements, but I need to know how much did you I just need to know this. There's a figure. Did you get in absolute total from your insurance? Okay?
Speaker 13: So we got like twenty three five hundred okay?
Speaker 4: And how much have you paid so far to the roofer? Okay? Now he has every right to file a lean if he did more work than is specified. Even the contract said sixteen thousand. Even if you took six thousand off for the gutters and skylight, you're still gonna owe them money. Why are you not paying for what work was done? Okay?
Speaker 13: So they said they were going to give us the Atlas finical impact and their whole like brand, you know, as far as underlaymn ice and water.
Speaker 4: Are you saying they didn't do it correctly? You interrupted him? Mark? Shut up? Go ahead, keep going.
Speaker 13: The only thing they gave us was the shingles was the only right thing. The underlayment was just a basic you know.
Speaker 5: Well, hold on a second, did you have any inspector coming in? I have to interrupt him, he'll never end. Did you have was there an inspector involved?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Did it pass inspection. Did the roof pass inspection? Yeah, you need to pay for the roof then, wouldn't you agree there, Tommy? Yeah, you see, here's the point we're trying to make.
Speaker 4: Philipe. You said he was supposed to do some special underlayment. There is no special underlayment.
Speaker 13: Well, well that's what they sold us on. You know, they were going to give us this whole product line.
Speaker 4: In your contract. If you said he does, you said, he does not specify any details in his contract. So did he say you were getting impact resistant with a special with a very special underlayment.
Speaker 13: Yes, that we were going to get the whole, like the whole.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's what I think, Philip. I think you're going to lose your deal, and I think you're trying to keep your insurance money. That's what I think. I'm sorry for disagreement.
Speaker 13: We still have the money in the account and everything.
Speaker 5: If the roof is good, you should pay for the roof. As far as paying for the other stuff. If they did do it, well, why would they even first market it. They didn't specify. That's the problem. They didn't specify how much was the gutters, how much was the skylight, how much was the underlayment? How much was the impact resistant? They gave him a total price. But here's what I want to know. Here's what I want to know.
Speaker 4: The sixteen thousand dollars and you got twenty three? Why the difference were there? Were there supplemental claims?
Speaker 13: Yeah, there was supplement What were.
Speaker 4: The supplements for? I just need to know the supplements?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: What were the supplements for? Oh?
Speaker 13: Okay, so what they sent us an invoice, you know, after everything. So they're charging us seventeen thousand for the original room. And then they're charging us twenty five hundred for gutters, which they didn't do complete. They're charging us.
Speaker 4: What does that mean? What does that mean? Complete? What did they not do with the gutters?
Speaker 13: Do them at all? They never can?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, keep going. That's good. Then then you shouldn't have to pay for that. What else?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 13: So then the permit line, they're charging US five hundred for the permit for whatever reason, which they.
Speaker 4: Well, for whatever reason, that's about what it costs. That's a normal man.
Speaker 13: In that uh listen contract?
Speaker 4: Do you listen? Philippe, Philippe, listen if you really uns to God, don't want to get in trouble. Let me tell you something. You shouldn't pay for what you did not get. You did not get the gutters, You absolutely did not get them. Now, I'm not going to debate the quality of underlayment or anything else. I only want to know what you absolutely did not get. What did you not get? You said, the gutters? What else?
Speaker 13: And then they're charging us like twelve hundred for the shared roof, But the shared roof is included in that contract from the letter charges.
Speaker 4: But here's what I want to know. Here's what I want to know, not what they're charging you. Did your insurance company pay those supplements?
Speaker 13: They I don't know if they paid both exactly, because I have no way of knowing.
Speaker 4: Philip A, you got twenty three thousand, five hundred dollars. Here's what I'm saying. Here, here's what I hear you saying. Okay, I hear you saying. I got twenty three thousand, five hundred. But they were supposed to do all this stuff for sixteen thousand. They put in supplemental claims, and my insurance company paid an extra seventy five hundred dollars. So here's what you should do, Philip A, if you want our help, send the extra seventy five hundred back to your insurance company and then we'll fight to get everything done for the sixteen grand.
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 4: And then okay, here, did you hear what I just said? You send the seventy five hundred back and say, you know what, insurance company you shouldn't have had to pay these supplements because they said they were going to do it all for sixteen thousand. And then you show me the contract where they said they were going to do it all for sixteen And I'm going to fight for you. But but you can't have it both ways. You are complaining about stuff that they shouldn't have charged for, yet your insurance company paid for it, right And then, well you can't do that, Philip A. If they charge you sixteen grand and then they charge you extra supplements, and the insurance company paid those extra supplements, then your insurance company agreed with them that they should pay it. Now, what you should not pay for is anything you did not get. I can say this another, I can say this another five hundred times and it won't change. You don't pay for what you didn't get.
Speaker 13: Yes, I understand they're also they're doing. That's enough charge for the tail impact resistance, which they said it was gonna go. If we agreed to the contract, there wouldn't be enough charge and did that.
Speaker 4: So in the hold on in the contract it said hail resistant with no up charge. So are any part of that is any part of the supplement for the hail resistant upgrade?
Speaker 13: I'd have to I'd have to check.
Speaker 4: Okay. I want you to check and get back to us, because here's what's happening. Philip Ay. You can't argue for the extra money you got and then say they shouldn't have charged you. Okay, you can't do it. So so I need you need to send the contract and all of your supplements and what they were for, and then we'll compare them and help you out. I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay us set until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two compaty Hi, Tom Marchino your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Listen. I'm gonna tell I'm want to tell you something about insurance claims that are really important. If you have an insurance claim, you are obligated to pass that money onto the roof for if the job or the contractor if the job, if the work was done, if you disagre agred with how the work was done and the insurance paid that supplemental claim. It's only you're really going to lose if you argue about quality if it passes inspection, unless it's absolutely defective and you get an expert to tell you that, or if something was not done. Here's what a lot of people do. They get a contract and the roofer on purpose puts down a lot of stuff in the contract with a price. Now you're saying, well, then I'm going to demand specific performance. But I'm going to tell you something. If a roofer says I'm going to do your roof for twenty grand and here's what it includes. And in the middle of it prices go up or the roofer decides it's too much and can't do it for that, they are allowed to put in a supplemental claim. They are and if your insurance company pays it, you don't get to say. Now, wait a minute, mister rufer, you said this was for twenty my insurance should pay twenty four. I'm gonna keep the extra four. I don't agree you should charge it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: If you do take that stance, then send the extra four back to your insurance company. You're not allowed to keep it and dispute it at the same time. Now, insurance people think it's a breach of contract. If a roofer says I'm gonna do ABCDNE for this price, and in the middle of it they need to make supplemental claims because prices changed or they miscalculated, they are allowed to do supplemental claims. If it is a dishonest claim, you can fight it for the benefit of your insurance company, not for the benefit of your pockets. We get this more often. I've never understood why people do that. Now, if your insurance company doesn't care, then go ahead and pay the roofer unless you did not get it. Those are the only circumstances, and homeowners will lose every single time, and they lose big and sometimes have to pay attorney's fees. Philippe said, he hasked some extra questions.
Speaker 13: Go ahead, Philippa, Oh, yes, Tom, I agree with everything you guys are saying, as far as you know paying the roofing company. But the issue here is they haven't completed You know.
Speaker 4: What did I did you hear what I just said? I just I just addressed that if they did not do something that they were paid for then or if they didn't do something they were not paid for, they either have to do it or they don't get paid. And if they were already paid, they got to do it. So I asked you this, I said it. I'm gonna say it again. Tell me specifically what they did not do.
Speaker 13: Okay, So they didn't do the gutters or the skylight.
Speaker 4: Okay, if you have that in your contract and they did not do it, you have no business withholding the entire roof. You only pay them sixty six hundred. You withheld way more than they did not do. Yes, yes, correct, Well you're in the wrong. You should pay them for everything they did. I said it, and I'm only saying it one more time. The only thing you don't pay for is what you didn't get. But that's not your situation, Filipe, you only paid sixty six hundred bucks on a twenty three thousand and five hundred dollars claim. Figure it out, get a calculator or talk to them, but we can't help you. I want to talk to gent who's been kindly way, who has a problem, A big problem. Gent.
Speaker 15: Hello, thank you, tom So. Since I spoke to you last, this is pertaining to my sister's passing. I spoke to you back on the fourteenth.
Speaker 4: No, I want to I want to find your I want to find it back on the fourteenth of what sir November? Okay, tell me about what your problem. Let me well, okay, I'm so sorry to hear that. I kind of remember this, but I'm trying to find the original call so I don't have to duplicate everything here and so and you called in the name Gent, Yes, sir, oh, okay, I don't have I don't remember this at all, So tell me the story. I see it there.
Speaker 11: Tom, It's eleven thirteen, not eleven fourteen.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm sorry, wait wait, wait, as soon as you were looking at the uh at the database. Yeah, she takes notes all the time from me. I don't know. I know, but I don't. I don't have an eleven thirteen on my database.
Speaker 11: I'm looking at it. It says gentis sister died in her home in Leighton, Utah.
Speaker 4: There's a reason. Okay, I'm not sinking for some reason up with Oh wow, okay, so keep going, sus. What happened? That's all you put. That's it, okay on eleven thirteen. Okay, I go oh oh oh oh, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm looking at and shut up, Mark, I'm looking at the wrong year. Oh god, okay, I got you, gent I got here. I so so tell Jen, I got us. Your sister died in late and, Utah, but I didn't get any details. Tell me what the issue is or was?
Speaker 15: Okay, well, what the issue is pertaining to your instruction and somebody there that was with you helping with LEEA.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 15: The first thing, eat on what's for us to get there and put hands on documents security.
Speaker 4: But what was your original question? You said your sister died and you had no idea about her estate?
Speaker 15: Yes, or how to go about beginning to handle uh?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: And our attorney Dan mackenzie, our attorney Dan McKenzie says, you need to go and you need to file approbate if if if it's if it's required in Utah for the size of the estate.
Speaker 15: Well, what what we've done.
Speaker 1: Per that advice?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 15: It started my uh my brother as.
Speaker 4: A chief executive whatever or personal representatives? So, Jen, your brother is in is your brother in Utah?
Speaker 15: No, sir, he's here too. We have an attorney there.
Speaker 4: Okay when you and your brother, your brother became the personal representative.
Speaker 15: Yes, sir?
Speaker 4: And and who is your birth We go ahead?
Speaker 15: Pardon me? Well what the problem we're having a problem. What we're having a huge problem with is the link Withst Mortuary will not send the death certificates.
Speaker 4: What do you mean why.
Speaker 15: They've given me so many excuses? Okay, okay, I said he wouldn't believe it. So he said that their their main office called me and said we have a you know, an envelope to your address. It'll be there on the twenty.
Speaker 4: Okay, what's your brother's first name, Frank? Okay? And when did your sister die on the twelfth of Okay, Now, now here's what I want to know. If she died on the twelfth, was this funeral pallor the first place she went?
Speaker 15: Yes, sir, the way it went is I got a call from the uh Laighton sheriff, uh you know, he was the one who made into her house. And then he told me what they how they proceed since we're not there and no, and.
Speaker 4: How okay, hold on, okay, keep going. How did they proceed? How did they proceed?
Speaker 15: He said, what they would do is take her body for a you know, to be processed, her remains to be processed. She died of heart failure. They did a quick add topsy. We didn't okay, you know, anything beyond that. Then I asked, what's what could we do there from here? He suggested that they what they routinely do is send a body to Linquist Mortuary. They're in Layton, Utah. So I agreed.
Speaker 4: I called them, Okay, hold on, and what's the name of the what's the name of the place. I'm going to have somebody call was sent to Linquist. Linquist, Yeah, okay, here, here's what I want to tell you. Okay, the county corner will have her death certificate. You don't need to go through Linquist.
Speaker 15: Well, I've gotten a digital, you know, a copy. But my problem is I paid Linquist for the cremation for you know, certified death certificate.
Speaker 4: You don't need a certified death certificate. The county will do it, the corner if they did an autopsy. Who did the autopsy? The corner, right, Yes, that's who's gonna have your death certificate. I don't know why you're messing with Lindquist. Hang on if you have another question. But sir, you're just complicating things. It's the county corner that's their job to issue death certificates. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Tom Martino here at three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five to five. All right, So anyway, we're gonna put Deputy Bow on this one case because here's the problem. The bottom line comes down to this. He wants the desert. He wants he paid the funeral home. So I think he should get a refund and then just get his basically get his death certificate from the county corner. But Bo's gonna look into it and let us know. Any of you guys have any of you guys have any follow ups? Okay? Now I want to If not, I have some stuff I want to talk about. Now there's one who says, where is it? Okay? On the twenty first, you were speaking with Brad O'Brien O'Brien Legal Services, who talked about the just cause in the leases. Do you know what landlords are doing to get around it? It says here, I did not realize this. In previously the topic came up. Leases are within the first year and be non renewed. No questions asked in the first year, if landlords are making leases for three hundred and sixty four days instead of three hundred and sixty five days, they let's ask let's this sounds like bad info. Let's ask O'Brien that's why, because I was told even month to month leases you have to have a just cause. So I don't think this guy's right. So yeah, I want to get Brad O'Brien on, but I also want to talk to right now. I want to back talk to Chris again. Chris Console with discount bat dot com. Chris, let's talk more about the conversion, the shower conversions. People are asking about it, Mark, what specifically do you want clarified?
Speaker 5: Well, so bottom line is you come in, someone's got the old tub. You just get rid of the tub all together.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the tub comes out, so I guess in theory becomes a three quarter three quarter bathroom, but you've got a shower instead of the show.
Speaker 4: But he needs Nobody wants those shoves anyway.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we tear tear the tub out, you know, put a shower pan, uh, waterproof backing tile or crylic what's better the tile? You know, people that sell tile will tell you that it's better, and people would sell it crylic. I will tell you it's better. There's some advantages and disadvantages to both. Tyler, I'll tell you.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what I think. The one pieces. The one piece is always better, just one big piece time.
Speaker 6: Well it's three yeah, technically it's three right.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, but what I meant is there's no grouse or anything.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's no grout, which is is a huge upside.
Speaker 4: Right, So I will say this, put your shampoo bottle.
Speaker 6: If the tub's not there, right, you have to build a niche.
Speaker 4: So you Mark, yeah, Mark, I look, I saw your shower the other day. It's so beautiful. You don't have but okay, so I will say this, okay, and and and Chris, you know this. There's no way that a shower is going to look that beautiful with one piece, right or with the solid pieces. Is that correct? That's correct?
Speaker 6: And you know, and you can't do the really large showers either with the So the tile, you've got so many design options.
Speaker 4: And okay, but when people say tile, a lot of people are thinking tile. But Marx is technically tiled. But they're giant pieces of beautiful they're like five by what are they?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: No, No, I thought they were they were like.
Speaker 11: Their large profile fours or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's exactly right. Three technically tiles they are. But what but what material is it?
Speaker 10: Mark?
Speaker 4: That's a Susanne question, Tomas, do you put porcelain in?
Speaker 11: It's porcelain.
Speaker 4: It's like, it's some of the most beautiful stuff I've ever seen, and and it's a giant shower and and but you can't get that look with solid pieces obviously, so you could never do a shower life.
Speaker 5: Is correct me if I'm wrong, They're going to be less expensive for sure, of course. And then like zero maintenance is true, that's true too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and it's beautiful. You just have less selection and Mark, you don't have a lot of maintenance in that, trust me.
Speaker 5: Plain, Well that's a full steam shower, man. I didn't realize the maintenance on the glass is massive.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: You mean for cleaning it or what? Yeah, you have to squeege it.
Speaker 11: It's like nine feet tall.
Speaker 4: Well okay, but there's something that would do away with that too, and that's soft water. We have soft water, yeah, we do, and we treated the glass. We're not saying it We're not saying it's horrible, but oh no, you shouldn't have hardly anything on that glass if you have soft water. Really no, man, it gets up to one hundred and twenty degrees.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 4: But you you never see spotting like mineral spots, do you? No? No, no, no no no no no no no no no now okay, anyway, we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. It's just when I draw pictures, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven three eight two five five. So Chris, let's let's uh a parting message from you. Better be of a nice discount discount bath dot com just for today or until tomorrow until how you can set it what you want, but we require a screaming deal. Now you have normal screaming deals, there's no doubt about it. But I want something special as a kicker for your guest appearance toa.
Speaker 6: Okay, So here's here's what I've been thinking. And I just bought a new sixty five inch oled TV. So for the first three people that book work for January of next year, but they got a book it this week, we're going to give away a free smart TV. Very cool, Okay, and it's on a full bathroom remodel.
Speaker 4: Okay, So they do a bathroom model, they're going to get a free what.
Speaker 6: Size sixty five inch whoa, yeah, yeah, big TV.
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool, like it. Yeah, it can't even include like that that ten thousand dollars total bathroom.
Speaker 6: No, because that's not a complete bathroom. That's just the shower.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the nine eight eighty eight. Yeah, So a full bathroom remodel, you get a free sixty five inch to O l ed TV. What is the O stand for? I don't know. I don't know either. It's I don't either. Actually, what's the O anyway? YouTube morons? What's the O for an O?
Speaker 1: L ed?
Speaker 4: I think organic it is or something like are you organic? Not in the context of organic? No, organic like medi diode organic.
Speaker 6: See what Dragon said?
Speaker 4: Dragon? Oh not Google. He knew it, knew it immediately. The man knew it. Okay, I have I have a next Okay, I have another question then, as far as do you I know it's discount bath. I need to ask this, so do count the kitchens?
Speaker 6: We will do kitchens.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: We don't advertise for them, but we can totally do them.
Speaker 4: You got it? Okay, So if you get if you get that, you get that sixty five inch TV. And I want to know, do you do those smart mirrors?
Speaker 6: I have not ever done one, but we can do that. When you say smart, like with the TV and it's wired to your internet and the whole.
Speaker 4: Nothing like that. You can actually cruise the internet or you can yeah you now, Mark I thought Mark edwin. They have a touch mirror with all kinds of stuff on it.
Speaker 5: But the cool thing we have is in the steam shower. We have a full entertainment center, so you can either watch the news, watch a movie.
Speaker 4: Wait wait wait wait wait wait you do you have a screw in the yeah? Man, all touchcreen. It's badass in the shower. You I didn't see that. Where was it. It's just it's like the whole control panel. It's uh okay, now it's right in there. So they have mirrors that do that, that you can check emails and all that. I see that.
Speaker 6: So, I mean it's it's relatively simple for us to do, but honestly never done.
Speaker 4: Hit his website. Well, it's so easy. Discountbath dot com. That's right.
Speaker 5: People out there, this guy is great. They'll come out, they'll talk to you, they'll go over everything you want to do. Please give them a shot. I mean, they're just great people.
Speaker 4: Discountbath dot com. Discountbath dot com. And remember, don't forget referrals dot com and we say it, we mean it. Save all your problems for me