Speaker 1: Night.
Speaker 2: Can. I'm seven hundred WLW on this Tuesday evening, March eighteenth, recovering from Saint Patrick's Day. I hope to feel better now, and here's some more news that will make you feel even better, I hope. Unless you're still convinced that man made climate change is going to kill the planet in the next twenty years, we have with this old friend, Executive director of the Climate Science Coalition of America, author of four books on energy, climate change, sustainable development, over one hundred thousand copies in print. The latest, of course, is Green Breakdown, last year's book about the coming renewable energy failure. It is still out there, it is still relevant. And man, the breakneck pace we are going at reversing all the bad policies of the previous four years in this country, to mark some of those and talk about what is going on again, a really just incredible pace. Steve Gorham, Steve, how are you.
Speaker 3: Gary, Jeff, I'm doing great, Great to join you again. Yeah, it is astonishing what's going on right now with the Trump administration. Far beyond my expectations. He's turned climate change policy upside down, actually just removing it. It's the terms climate change are being removed from all federal websites right now, and really big, big changes.
Speaker 2: Well, you wonder how many of those executive orders Joe Biden signed with an auto pen that staffer actually signed, you know, interns, we're signing executive orders apparently during the last administration. But you're right, that's another one. Yeah, it's refreshing to see these turnabouts, especially in primary. We'll lead off talking about the Department of Defense. The new Secretary of Defense, Pete Hagseth, who I was rooting for. I know they really, really, the left really politicked against this guy getting better back into the military mindset that needs to exist to properly defend our country. Lethality and all the rest. And some of his other changes that he's already been making and he's getting kicked back from in courts and on the left, you know, are very important. Uniforms are called uniform because they're all the same, and grooming and all these other kinds of things have come into form real early on in the Peak Headset administration. There the Secretary of Department of Defense says the DoD does not do climate change. Crap. I couldn't have said it any more. Succinctly, So talk about the changes that are coming to the US military because of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is more than terminology. This is really a big, big change. And for about the last fourteen fifteen years, the US military has been pushing this climate change stuff. An example is now down. The military is the biggest user of petroleum fuel in the world, about four point six billion gallons of.
Speaker 4: Fuel each here and back.
Speaker 3: During the Obama administration, the US Navy announced plans to get rid of reduce hydridcarbon fuels. US Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabis said that by twenty twenty, at least half of all energy that the Navy uses both a float and the shore will come from non fossil fuel sources. They called it the Great Green Fleet Initiative. And so the Navy spent by twenty seventeen fifty seven billion dollars to try and put biofuels into all the ships. And the bioflows are very, very expensive. They started out about twenty seven dollars a gallon, got down to fourteen dollars a gallon, but you know, regular fuel is about two dollars a gallon. They also were proposing these green destroyers thirty four of them that would have electric engines in them as well as fuel engines. But these things all were terrible ideas. The green destroyers, for example, couldn't keep up with the carriers when they were in the fleet, the nuclear carriers, so that was a big waste. They found out with bibles, they couldn't really get enough of it, and when they went overseas the ports they couldn't be refueled. So by twenty twenty two, less than one percent of the Navy was using biofuels, despite Mabi's proposal it was going to be fifty percent.
Speaker 5: So in totally the US military has.
Speaker 3: Probably spent over one hundred billion dollars of complete waste the last fourteen or fifteen years on all this stuff, and talk about things like electric tanks.
Speaker 6: And all sorts of other things just goofy stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, mister Hicksth is putting a stop to that, and it's just one of the huge changes that are going on in the Trump government right now.
Speaker 2: Well, what you talk about the green Fleet initiative failing miserably because it wasn't practically, it didn't work, doesn't make sense, doesn't make sense. So many of those things happened during the previous administration, and I don't know who was leading it, because I don't think it was Joe Biden or any of the department heads or secretaries of the different cabinets. But anyway, I mean we had the you talk about only one percent had finished after they'd undergone all of this expense and intensive kind of movement. That way. It reminded me of the eight billion dollars that were spent on building electric charging stations and they managed to build seven of them. It's all kinds of craziness like this. There have been all kinds of cuts, obviously, with doze and redundancies made to the staffs of almost all the almost all the agencies in Washington, d C. Which I'd love to see and didn't think it'd be moving at this faster pace either. NOAH is one of those agencies. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration tell me what's happening at NOAH and the EPA specifically Steve Yeah.
Speaker 3: So NOAH has about thirteen thousand employees, and about one thousand have already been laid off and another thousand are targeted now. NOAH runs two of the climate models that have been forecasting climate out decades. There are also climate models at the Department of Energy, which is also experiencing cuts. There are climate models. Well let's see where is the other one. Oh so at NASA as well, the National Aeronautic and Space Administration, and they've been given the task that they're going to work on space and quit working on climate. So I'm waiting to see if all these climate models are cut. There's just there's at least six of them at US agencies, and then there's a bunch more that are getting federal money around the country. And these are things that have been that generating climate scare for a long long time.
Speaker 2: Well, they're flawed, the environmental they're flawed climate model is what you're talking about here. And people think, well, no, this you don't want to eliminate something that's science and something that's you know, settled science, Steve, because you know, don't want this this monster to sneak up on us and kill us all in the next ten years because we're using fossil fuels. But these models that you're referring to have all been proven to be unscientific and flawed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're very They all give different outputs, they don't correspond to past history. They cost twenty million dollars to run a climate modeling team a year, running it on a supercomputer. So there's literally billions of dollars out there with all these models. There's something like more than thirty models around the world. Jeez, but Trump is maybe cutting those necks. I'm looking to see if that's happening the Environmental Protection Agency. You know, twenty billion dollars that went to a New York to be tributed to environmental groups last year out of the Biden administration just kind of again crazy stuff.
Speaker 2: And well leez Elden has put a hold to that. I was going to say, lee Zelden has I don't know if he's clawed been able to plow any of that money back that's already out the door. This is the other issue, and judges may side. In fact, the Supreme Court already cited that contracts that were signed before January twentieth or twenty twenty five, legal contracts, if they're in good faith, have to be fulfilled. But anything going forward, and I think I don't know how much in retrospect we can do to the money that's already been misappropriated or you know, ferried out or laundered can be gotten back. But it's what happens from this point forward that's most important. Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the other issue is that a lot of this money was allocated under the Inflation Reduction Act, an Act of Congress, and Miss Trump's gonna have trouble getting that money. He's frozen a lot of it. But he the next steps. You know, they got the budget bill passed. The next step is to go in and see if they can cut a lot of that funding that's coming out of the Inflation Reduction Act in other areas that is not needed. So that's gonna be a big, big thing. But if Congress is successful in doing that, then then a lot of that other money can be blocked as well. Again, these things are under the Inflation Reduction Act. There was something like two trillion dollars over ten years that's going to and almost all of that is going to win solar and biofuels and carbon diox i capture, ev charging stations, green hydrogen, all these green programs that would not exist without all his federal and state money. So if he's able to stop that, that's a big part of just stopping the green energy movement's tracks in.
Speaker 2: The United States. Well, FEMA is another agency that also had all kinds of green climate initiatives or models, whatever you want to call them. And FEMA itself may be on its last legs and just be absorbed into the Department of Homeland Security permanently, and then you know.
Speaker 3: Maybe, yeah, the Federal Energy Management Agency, they react to disasters and a lot of that is good work. But they also have a climate department in there too, and I think that's where the big cuts are going to be from that climate department. But it is remarkable right now the amount of funding cuts and a lot of these folks now when the courts rule that they can't fire them, then what they've done is they've taken them and put them on paid administrative leave, which means they're out of the job until the time comes that they can get rid of them, which will come in it, you know, in a few months or so. So, by the way, an example with all this money being shut off is the General Services Administration, which is in charge of all the buildings in the federal government, and that the GSA has just said they're gonna they're going to dismantle eight thousand EV chargers that they were building, and they're going to offload all their electric vehicles that they were going to have because there's just no money for it anymore. It's just disappeared.
Speaker 2: Uh Now, people are people are always making the case, Steve Gorm that global temperatures are abnormally warm. That's what the UN says. What's the real truth about that?
Speaker 3: Well, you and said not too long ago that we were in the age of global boiling, which is very poetic. But but if you, if you look at history and you look at the actual data, you find out that today's climate is not historically warm. We've had many periods in the past a couple thousand years when it's been much warmer than today.
Speaker 2: We're still we're still coming out of and warming up from a many many ice age three hundred years ago.
Speaker 3: We've had a little bit of warming, a very gentle warming, about a little more than one degree celsia since eighteen eighty, one hundred and forty years. But there are many, many, many, many, a lot of data it was warmer in the past. An example is the Rhone Glacier in Switzerland, a mountainside and mountainside glacier and the Rhone River flows out of it, goes into France down in the Mediterranean, and that glacier has been receding for more than a century. But underneath it, when it pulls back, they find wagon wheels and horse bridles, and they find wood that's four thousand years old, a.
Speaker 4: Year old wood.
Speaker 3: And the scientists have pointed out this valley where there's a glacier today has been ice free for most of the last ten thousand years. So what the UN is telling you about it being abnormally warm.
Speaker 7: Is just crazy.
Speaker 3: And by the way, all those warm periods in the past were when we didn't have power plants or sup utility vehicles. That was just nature doing all of that.
Speaker 2: And I got to tell you, I love this graphic that you sent me about this melting glacier uncovers four thousand year old wood. The planet in the climate is constantly changing, is the point. And man's contribution to that is relatively insignificant, isn't it. It's pretty small.
Speaker 3: Actually, if you break down the greenhouse effect, which is blamed for trapping out going infra red radiation and when we emit stuff in our industry it adds to the greenhouse effect. But if you break down the effect, the first thing you find out is that about seventy to ninety percent of the greenhouse effect is good to water, vapor, and clouds. And then if you take the last quarter, that's mostly carbon dioxide and little methane. But then most of that carbon dioxide is from nature. Every day, nature puts carbon dioxide in the atmosphere from oceans and from the biosphere, and nature puts twenty times as much into the atmosphere every day as all of our industries and are moved about the same amount.
Speaker 2: So when you really go through the greenhouse.
Speaker 3: Effect, you find out that human industry is responsible for one or two percent of the effect.
Speaker 2: It's very, very.
Speaker 3: Small, and we would not be able to even if we eliminate all greenhouse gases, we wouldn't be able to measure that difference in global temperatures.
Speaker 6: It's so small.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Climate change is dominated by nature, not man made emissions. And the world spending two billion dollars a year trying to stop the oceans from rising.
Speaker 5: That's a complete waste of money.
Speaker 2: CO two is not poison. It's not a pollutant. It is necessary for life on Earth. We know that CO two is green. In a recent article, you were pointing out that localities, towns, and cities and in many states pushing back against green energy. It's so weird that how this is flipped on its head, Steve, just in a few short months and the last couple of years ago when they saw the green energy was not efficient or cost effective. There's a bill bounding eminent domain for wind and solar in Oklahoma. There's a bill in Arizona that would ban wind systems on more than ninety percent of state land. We've gone from banning drilling for the natural resources that we have to banning these so called sustainable projects that don't necessarily fit our needs or work.
Speaker 3: Now, this is the other side of the coin. We got Trump on one side. Now we have states and cities blocking things. A USA Today did a study at twenty twenty three and found that there are four hundred counties now in the United States that are blocking wind systems, and that number has risen in the last year and a half to over five hundred counties. That's about sixteen percent of US counties that restrict wind systems. About one hundred counties are restricting wind and solar, and the data show that we're getting more and more wind and solar rejections in the US. One of the big reasons is that wind takes about one hundred times wind and solo take one hundred times the land area as a traditional nuclear or coal or natural gas power plants. Yeah, and then also they're in remote areas, are up on ridges, they are far from cities, so you have to build all this transmission, and you have to build two or three times the transmission powers that you would with a traditional power plant. You got to build out the remote areas, and people don't like transmission powers next to their property. So we have states and counties and towns pushing back.
Speaker 2: Now, well, I don't personally, I don't like to look at the arrays of bird killers, and I really am not a big fan of seeing beautiful farmland swallowed up with solar panels. Steve Gorham as always enlightening and a great chance to discuss some of this green breakdowns. Still out here is still going strong. Have you got any more books and the works now?
Speaker 8: Right now?
Speaker 3: I need a good idea. Well, maybe I'll write another one we'll see. But uh again, Green Green Breakdowns a lot of fun. It's a complete discussion of the energy transition from power plants, home appliances, dbs, everything else. And it's got a whole bunch of color sidebars. One for example, Uh, these are real headlines Britain's advice to stop showering to conserve energy. And there were even some people saying that you should shower with a friend in England to uh to keep to serve save energy.
Speaker 2: But listen, you you know what you're saying. Listen, Steve, you do you, I'll do me and and we'll figure out what's what's the best for our showering habits. Uh. Can you find the books anywhere, Steve.
Speaker 3: Or yeah, my website Steve Gorham dot com.
Speaker 2: G O R E H A M.
Speaker 3: I'll send him a signed copy of Green Breakdown and my other books like The Madman, Mad World of Climatism or the ebooks as well, and you can get them on the Amazon.
Speaker 2: All right, fantastic, Thank you for your time tonight. Steve Gorham, Executive director of the Client Science Climate Science Coalition of American author of Green Breakdown, out right now in available as you heard the Nightcap continues in mere moments after a break on seven hundred Wlwrick conversants. If that's a word it Guy Doomsday, Dave the tech Guru Dave Hatter is back for a nightcap conversation. Man, it's good to talk to you, always is, and I wish you could have been there for the Saturday Morning edition party this past weekend. It was a great, great gathering and I'll have to send you a group picture. Maybe we can find one of you and photoshop you in Dave.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there you go. We can use some deep bay technology. Well. First off, care Jeff as all we thanks for having me on. You know I feel the same way about you, and I'm sorry I didn't make it Saturday to either the event or down of the bar. Saturday morning, I was doing the Kent and County Mayors group meeting. It's one of the most exciting and riveting experiences you could ever have in your life.
Speaker 2: Tell you, I got to tell you this. When I first started in radio as an intern, they had me and then one of my first jobs, along with being a disc jockey, was to go and cover the local school board meeting and take notes for the news department. I fell asleep in the middle of the meeting and had to get notes from somebody else. When the meeting was over and they woke me up. I was You're right, I understand how riveting those those mayor's meetings can be.
Speaker 5: Dave, I'm not shocked by that, Gary, I'm not shocked.
Speaker 2: We have been warning people and warning people, and they still don't listen. They keep on talking to their alexa, to their echo, and it's it's too late to do anything about what you said to your echo in the last six months, but you might want to watch your tongue for the next week or so because everything you say to your echo will be sent to Amazon starting on March twenty eighth. Now, what is the reason they're sending everything you say to your echo to Amazon. I'm unclear on this, Dave.
Speaker 5: Well, there's their ostensible reason and then there's you know, what I would suggest is the real reason. But before I forgets Garry, Jeff, if I could real quick, I just want to give a shout out to my oldest son, Samuel. He just started a new role with a reliant search group. So if if you're looking for a professional white collar talent, Samuel can hook you up. Look him up on LinkedIn. Love you buddy, proud of you, good job. So this's Amazon thing, you know, Gary Jeff, I have my issues with Amazon, like all these big tech companies, and it's mostly because A, I don't believe that consumers that use these products use them with full informed consent. Be the business model of these companies is heavily plated in their favor, and you know, you are their product, not their customer, which kind of leads back to my first point. And then see their whole business model guarantees that they are delivering these so called smart products, devices intern out of things, devices that are really geared towards feed the market, ease of use, the market share at the expense of your privacy and security, so Amazon claims. And then email they send out to their customers. Now, I want to be clear, Gary Jeff, I don't have an Amazon Echo or any sort of these so called smart home personal assistance, digital assistance whatever they go by today. Even on my Apple phone, I have SERI turned off. Yeah, I'm the sort of lud eyed who just types on the phone because I don't want these things listening to me. And there's two reasons both the point you're asking about in this article and a study was done a couple of years ago where they took a bunch of these devices Amazon, Echo, Google Home or whatever they call it, and a bunch of these things and put them in a room with a TV and let it play for twenty four hours to see how often these things will activate versus when they should activate. Because you say they're activation phrase, wake phrase, hot word or whatever they call it, right, everybody called it something difference, And while I wasn't shocked, I think most people if they went and saw how often these things activate when you haven't said hey, Alexa or hay theory or whatever it is, right, And it'll be funny how many of these we probably just set off by saying that. It's pretty surprising. And again it's because they're going to err on the side of making it easy for consumers to use. If you have to keep talking to the thing and it doesn't do what you ask it too, it's going to get really frustrated. Right. Kind of reminds me Gary, Jeff, do you remember in Star Trek four, the one where they're coming back to get the whales and Scotty's trying to talk to the computer. Now it's quite hilarious. And the guy's like, no, you use it like this, and he puts it down on Scotty. He's like, oh, how quaint. Anyhow, you know it's a classic, that's one of the funniest Star Trek movies. But anyhow, you know, they claim they're doing this. In the old version of this thing, you had a way. Now you had to turn it on again. This kind of gets back to the privacy washing angle, where these companies don't give you good advice, don't want you to talk off features, want to collect your data, want to violate your privacy. You'd have to turn it on and basically say I don't want my recordings send to Amazon servers. I want them processed locally on the device, well, per this email. And ostensibly because they're only out some AI features and you're going to get all this additional capability, which requires the amazing power of their AI servers, you now have to send all your recordings to Amazon, whether you want to or not, if you want to be able to utilize the device. So in theory, it's because they're bringing you more power, more convenience, more capabilities, you know, I would argue it's because they just want more of your data. And I would also suggest that people look into some of the previous complaints about these devices in general, as well as Echo and Alex in particular around what they're doing with your data, who can access it, who can listen to those recordings, et cetera. And then finally, Gary Jeff, it's well documented that these things have been used in court cases before, so you know, buyer beware.
Speaker 2: Well, I wanted to change gears real quick here Dave and talk about a not so pleasant experience I had with my provider of my cell phone and my Outlook email service whatever I use my phone for, and it's very little, but anyway, I don't remember and I cannot even think of what my Apple idea is. So I wanted to take advantage of a promotion that was going on with my provider where I could trade in my own my old iPhone for a new iPhone. They were going to just give it to me for trading in my phone, and you know, I have service with them, So I go down there and again it is the the bait and switch. They get you into the brick and mortar store with these deals that aren't everything they're advertised, except maybe in the small print on your television and screen, which nobody reads that. Uh, and found out that my Apple iPhone my se was too old. It didn't fit the qualifications for the swamp. And then and then they were going to say, well, we can't get you the I sixteen. The iPhone sixteen will get you the iPhone fourteen for six hundred dollars spread out over you know, two years time whatever not. I said, okay, And but you know how they used to at these cell phone places, they just changed the SIM card in your new phone, they transfer all of your stuff. No, now you have to do it yourself at this at this particular office. And I thought, oh, that's ridiculous. Just six months ago. Said well, yeah, that's the way we used to do it. We just started doing it this way this month. And since I don't know my Apple, id's what's the best. And then they finished the conversation without me getting a phone at all and walking away with the old phone, which I really need to upgrade, and said you may want to call Apple, as aid, oh, great, any any advice at all for me in this day?
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you have to call Apple. That's probably gonna get real tricky, because you know, these large tech companies are usually very difficult to get on the phone. And from the security perspective, I would remind folks the likelihood of Apple, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, IBM fill in the blank calling Amazon calling you on the phone to tell you you have a security problem is about as great as a meteor wiping us both out at this very instant.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know they're not great. Hold on, hold on, hold on, Dave, We're still here. Thank god, we've dodged another.
Speaker 5: At least for at least for now. Okay, but you know, you can try to recover your Apple idea. Apples has through their website, you know, various recovery processes to try to like reset your password to try to recover your you know, use your name to try to recover your Apple ID. My suggestion, and we can talk about this offline if you want, is to start with the website and see if you can get logged in in any way, shape or form. You should be able to try to recover it through there. You know, Also, as a piece of advice, it may be too late for you now, but Apple has built in some fairly handy features. And this is not because I'm an Apple fanboy. I just they tend to be more privacy and security friendly than a lot of the other tech providers. So my whole family has Apple phones, and you can set up these family features so that, like you know, you can recover an account from another trusted device. So you know, if you want to, for anyone listening to this, if you want to try to avoid these kind of problems yourself, because you know this happens to people all the time, Gary Jef, you know you may want to look into some of these family oriented features, assuming you trust your family members, and turn some of this stuff on, because it can help you recover accounts and do things with a lot less grief. Because one of the most problematic things for people if they've taken advice nerds like me, you're given all the time to turn on multi facture authentication and all this other stuff. You get all that set up, and then you lose your phone. If all those codes are going to the phone, whether it's an authenticator app or just the text messages, it can make it very difficult to get into your accounts, especially if you don't have some of these commergency recovered things set up. Yeah, so yeah, you may ultimately have to call Apple. I hope you don't have to go down that path because that will probably be even more frustrating. But hopefully if you go to Apple's website, you'll be able to get logged in there and try to recover the account without the need to get on the phone, because I suspect that might be time consuming.
Speaker 2: And painful for you if you have to do that. Well, yeah, I mean it only gets worse from here. Talking to Dave Hatter on the Nightcap on this Tuesday night on seven under WLW. All Right, so we've talked about iPhones, let's talk about its ugly brother, the Android, because they're really really many many problems with Android's devices that aren't you don't see generally with the iPhones, including this. The title of this is Android devices track you before you even sign in? How is that possible?
Speaker 5: Dave? So this particular article is from malay Bites. They make security software pretty well in pretty well respected company, and you know they look they had they're reporting on some research that's basically showing one of the reasons why I'm always suggesting to people that when you think about these large tech companies and you know who is more privacy friendly and security friendly than others? You know, Apple seems to be a lot more privacy and security friendly. That's not to say they don't have their flaws, but this is a perfect example. You know, Google is considered constantly being They're having allegations made that they are not your friends when it comes to privacy and security, and you have to remember the whole business model is around collecting your data. Other than androids, the Android operating system, and the pixel phone from Google, what can you really buy from them as consumer? The answer is almost nothing because they give everything away to collect your data. That's their business model. I'm not saying it's bad. I'm just saying that is the business model. And in order to maximize the amount of money they can make off of you, they want to track you everywhere, all the time, across all your devices. You know, they've recently come under fire beyond this for backing off the idea that they wouldn't use fingerprinting to track you because cookies can be blocked. Fingerprinting is a more unique way to track you across multiple devices. They were going to not do it now they're back to it again. You know, people can make their own decisions. But the point they make in this article is that if you are using an Android device, basically here's a direct quote. Researchers found that multiple identifiers are used to track the user of an Android handset even before they have opened the Google app or signed into their Google account. Pre installed afflict. The Google Plate services and Google Play stores send cookies, identifiers, and other data to Google servers without user consent. The researchers flag that leaves five types of identifiers, advertising analytics, tookise tracking cookies, the Google Android ID analytics, cookies used for AP testing, multiple other cookies and identifiers which can uniquely identify the handset. And then they want to say, since there's no ask for consent, there's no way to opt out. And to me, that's always the issue with these things, scary Jeff. Even if you can't opt out, they often use dark patterns and privacy washing to make it difficult to try to tell you why you shouldn't opt out. And it's because of this whole crazy surveillance capitalism model we're in where your data is worth more than the devices themselves. And you know, they want and need to collect as much as possible to maintain their huge profit margins.
Speaker 2: Till people, what's that? And till people what?
Speaker 5: I just can say until people realize that it would be better for them and then there and then their own interest to pay a small amount of money for things rather than these so called free services. I don't know how we're we're going to stop this, because you know, people will maintain this mentality of well, why do I care about that? You know, I have no privacy, I got nothing to hide. But they don't think about the long term consequences of all this data and how it should be used to manipulate you tell you more stuff, and used, you know, like to get around the Fourth Amendment. The government just go to these companies and buys this data.
Speaker 2: Well here's here's another and this is kind of associated with what we were just talking about. Dave. There's a new Android feature scanning your photos for sensitive content. How do you stop that? Nip that in the bud and what exactly is sensitive content? We got a couple of minutes, so if you want to address.
Speaker 5: That, net yeah, I'll it send it real quick. Then sensitive content typically you know that's sort of a more fuzzy turn for things like child sexual and I can't think it a term. It's got a specific legal term, but basically you know, whether it's new photos or child pornography or whatever. You know. The idea that they rolled out a new feature called Android System Safety Core. And the good news is in this particular case you can disable it, and there are well documented instructions online to walk you through the steps on an Android phone if you have this in the in the later versions of the operating system. But the bottom line is it theoretically is going to run in the background on your device and look for sensitive content quote unquote. They don't necessarily describe that as specific detail, but again it usually for child sexual abuse. Again, I thought I had it anyhow, see Sam, you can look up the specific definition. It's looking for stuff like that. And now there is a theoretical benefit. You know, before you upload a nude photo or something like that, I could warn you. And again, most of this stuff cuts both ways, right, it's not always nefarious, But do you really trust Google to scan this content and then make decisions about whether it's good or bad? You know, could they potentially report you to the police for something you inadvert You know, if I text you some kind of photo that's illegal, right if it finds that on your phone and then you delete it, but it's already founded and it's reported you to some authorities. Is that a crime? You didn't ask for it, you didn't go find it. I send it to you. You can't necessarily stop me from sending you something until you block me. This just gets into a very gray area in my mind and the idea that this thing is going to be scanning the content of my device and making any kind of decisions about that to the extent that it might be beneficial. Yeah, I'm just going to say a hard no on that, and you can go online.
Speaker 2: I just want to read sure you I will not be sending you any nude photos, I promise normal. Jeff Good, it's that I think. I think that is a perfect place in the conversation tonight, Dave, and I appreciate your time as always, my friend. Thank you very much, David. All right, I have more of the Nightcap coming of the Nightcap here on seven hundred WLW. You know it is the home of the best Bengals coverage and the home of the Reds, but it's also the home of the Nightcap, which is what you're listening to now. And up next is my old friend. And I emphasize old but also the friend part because I feel like he is a friend. He is the one and only fer Ball Andy Furman, and we will discuss something. I don't know what it is. But we didn't plan this sound, did we, Andy.
Speaker 7: We never do not, really, we never usually do so.
Speaker 8: And this is the home of the best nightcap coverage too, it really is. And so and I want to say Psyche once again. By the way, I wish you a happy anniversary. You your big party Saturday a Huddles which I couldn't make for family reasons, but again I wish you so much success and been here a long time, over a quarter century.
Speaker 2: And we had a sec We had a seat in the group picture reserved just for you, which didn't get filled, next to the seven foot cardboard cutout of Donald Trump. You would have been right at home. You would have been right there, baby. And it was a bit. It was a huge party and we're hoping to have some photos out soon as soon as keepsake. Kim, who is my uh my favorite unofficial official photographer of the Saturday morning edition at keep Seek Photography there, uh, and I believe it's whit Where is it? I'm not sure, but anyway, she came out and did the uh, did the photos for the event. And there were some stunners there, including Dick from Dayton. And you know, I don't know if you've ever had the chance to talk to I'm Fox Sports thirteen sixty on your Sunday morning show, but yeah, he's quite the celebrity these days, and it's all because of my show. Anyway.
Speaker 8: And you know what, I will say this about that party because I was there last year. Yeah, there was no promotion except you behind the microphone on seven hundred.
Speaker 7: Think about that.
Speaker 8: There was no advertisements, There was no promo on the station except if they listened to you on Saturday morning they showed up.
Speaker 5: Was the credit to you? Because there was one heck of an audience there.
Speaker 2: There's only one reason that that is successful, and it is all the people who listened to that show on Saturday morning and participate in that show. And you're right, no station promotions of it or anything else, no sponsor connections, just getting together for a good time to celebrate our little family on Saturday mornings. And it was lovely to have you there.
Speaker 7: And you know what, people are always.
Speaker 8: Celebrating from your party. They still celebrate for your party on Saturday. After what happened yesterday with the Bengals with Chase and t Higgins signing their contract, which I had no doubt that was going to happen, because I'll tell you why, the Bengals had all the cards. Why would the Bengals rushing to anything like that. It was going to happen, although there was some naysayers saying that it would never happen. I think those people, be immediate people and fans or people that call the station, they need to seriously, they need to step up and apologize and say to Mike Brown, all call up on Lance mccallon's show, whatever.
Speaker 7: It may be, say you know what we were wrong.
Speaker 8: I give credit to Mike Brown and the Cinnati Bengals, the organization.
Speaker 5: They did the right thing. They signed these guys.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, you said you knew right away. I would rather on any news story, whether it's superstar athletes or important news stuff that's really important, you know, I would rather get it right than get it first. So there's this.
Speaker 8: You know, I knew I didn't go public with it. I wouldn't go even on social media with it. But I keeople remembering those wise words of Phil Castellini to president.
Speaker 5: So the Society writes three years ago, he said, where a you're gonna go? Where you're gonna go? Where was Higgins and.
Speaker 8: Chase going to go? Chase is still signed for this year. They're not going to go anywhere. They wanted to be here. They basically said they'd be here, and Duke Tobin said they were going to sign these guys to long term deals. Bengals had the money, you know, and there were people calling up saying that Thingals achieved.
Speaker 5: They have the money, They're not going to do it.
Speaker 7: They got the money.
Speaker 8: I mean, this is the National Football League. I mean, come on, really, there is a multi billion dollar business. They have the money, they got it done, and where were they going to go? Bengals have all the cards and they played it right and that's what they did. And they probably could have signed Troy Hendrickson too.
Speaker 2: But you know how how all these organization news organizations and sports talk organizations and even as social media, they're always trying to get the scoop, trying to get it first, and many times they get it horribly wrong because they're rushing to judgment on anonymous sources and things they really don't know whe're going to happen. You though, you said you knew all along, Chase and Higgins, we're going to be signed up. I didn't go to.
Speaker 7: Public with it.
Speaker 8: I mean, I even have a radio show on the weekends on Fox Sports Radio, and Ashley I said, I think they go. It wasn't a done deal. I would never say that because I wasn't sure. I didn't check any facts. I didn't call anybody. You know, it's not my job. I'm not a reporter, you know, I'm sort of like a columnist on the radio.
Speaker 5: I have an opinion.
Speaker 7: That's what I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and sometimes you've got some really, really weird and wild opinions, which is why I like having you on.
Speaker 8: You know, and I do, and this is March madness in my opinions are coming up fairly strong right now because I'm thinking about the University of Cincinnati basketball program and I feel it hurts me where they've been and basically where they are right now. And if you look at the basketball carousel of coaches that have been let go Villanova today, let Kyle Neptune Gon after three years he made the n i T. Once University of Minnesota fire their basketball coach Ben Johnson last Thursday.
Speaker 5: This guy was.
Speaker 8: There what for four years with one trip to the NIT and only one winning season, and the University of Cincinnati Wes Miller four years, no postseason, with no nc the LA onto n T last year. And I think the saving grace is not so much that he's liked by the athletic director. There's the athletic director's call, there's his pit. I think the saving grace is the agents. And what do I mean by that? These guys have such tremendous buyout clauses in that contracts. Schools like the University of Cincinnati don't have the wherewith all of the finances to pay.
Speaker 5: This guy off and let him go. Bus Why he was saved.
Speaker 2: I believe you're right about that. That's the only reason that Wes Miller is still at the University of Cincinnati heading up the basketball program, because you see, is not going to pay you know, double figure million dollar payoffs payouts just to get rid of him, and then you know, you incur the expense and it's going to take a lot of money to hire the next U see coach if they're worth their salt and can deliver results in the Big twelve. I don't think that you're going to find another I don't know, uh, stepping stone kind of coach if you want the program to be successful at that level. Now, let's look beyond Wes Miller, because whether it's you know, he's not going anywhere this year next season, that buyout is like cut in half. And I think you see would consider it if we have another bad bear cat year on the on the court right under him. But let's look at who the next one could be and who the next one, the next coach could come for. I mean, is you see is there status now? Is a Big twelve program a little bit higher echelon than being in the ACT or Conference USA, you know whatever these previous lesser conferences. Do you think you can attract the talented coach, not necessarily the one on the way up, but one that has an established record. You know what?
Speaker 7: You bring up an excellent point.
Speaker 8: I discussed this the other morning on Fox Sports Ready with my partner Bucket Brooks and here's the situation years ago.
Speaker 2: So I think.
Speaker 5: Coaches looked at the conference that they're.
Speaker 8: In, maybe how many games they're televised, because when you're on TV, so it's like a recruiting tool, and basically you know how much money you're going to get paid. I think nowadays, I think the first thing a coach looks at is his nil situation and the alums, how big their wallets are. I gotta believe that because you are nothing without people buying players for you.
Speaker 7: And I don't know what.
Speaker 8: The deal is at the University of Cincinnati how strong it is.
Speaker 5: And I will tell you this much.
Speaker 8: I think that you may be better served as a college coach going to a school like a Xavier or coaching a school like a Marquette that does not have football because all the energies and moneys are funneled into basketball rather than football and basketball. Maybe I'm crazy, but Xavier's got it right.
Speaker 7: They really do.
Speaker 5: You don't need football.
Speaker 8: They're very successful in basketball because every alum there is for one thing or one thing only basketball.
Speaker 2: Well, but on the other hand, of football program brings in a lot of revenue in and of itself, and uh, you know it's maul male mole, as we like to say. But you know the thing too about what you were you're bringing up about Xavier and Marquette and teams that can solely focus on basketball. I don't know if it's if it's not an I don't know if it's not a concerted effort all the way around. It's you come down to not how many teams that you're putting out there, but you come down to the athletic department, that president of the athletic school there at UC. And I think that that's always one of those situations that have to be looked at. You know, who's who's the head guy, who's the athletic director, Who's the one hiring the Wes Millers of the world. And I don't think that has anything to do with the fact that you see as a football program.
Speaker 7: Do you Well, I will tell you this much.
Speaker 8: Wes Miller right now based was one two for the North Carolina job. How do I know that Because Bucky Brooks, who my partner is, he played football in the NFL for five years, but he played football at the University of North Carolina. He's very, very close to the program. He told me that many alums wanted Wes Millers the coach. He didn't get it, you know, but right now with their coach, luckily they made the NCAA in the play in North Carolina. There's a good chance that if Wes Miller has let go, he could very well be the next coach at the University of North Carolina. He's very well respected there. And I think that you talked about an alumni base that is hungry for basketball, hungry for a winner, a great tradition. I think they got the money for Nil. Now all of a sudden, he could turn it around the next thing.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 8: Wes Miller's does say he's a great coach. Well, he's a great coach because he got that financial support. That's what you need, you know. A Villanovo Jay Wright did great things and he left, and he left. There was no coincidence he left when Nil came into vogue. Why he said, an old school kind of guy and he didn't want to get involved going out there, going and begging and paying players. So they're bringing Kyle Neptune, who I know. Kyle Neptune played for Villanova, but he's a Brooklyn guy played for Brooklyn Prepp and even Brooklyn, New York. He's there for three years and they let him go. This the other day and right now there's some talk, believe it or not, that Mit Cronin's on the short list to get the coaching job at Villanova. Less of a pressure cooker, I would think than UCLA for more than that. You're not going to compete with anybody. Who does Villanova really compete with in the Big five schools? LaSalle, They're terrible, Temple is no good anymore.
Speaker 5: So it's just.
Speaker 8: Villanova, and I think the people who work at Villanova really want to see that program go back to where it was was.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about another coach that has proven time and time again, school after school after school that he has, if not the best college coach of his era, certainly one of the top three. Rick Patino and the job he has done at Saint John's. You go from Providence, where you win like like nobody expected. You go to Kentucky. He's won everywhere but at the pro level and even had some success.
Speaker 5: So he won the here's some success with the Knicks, with the.
Speaker 2: New York Knicks. Yeah, so is he not the best college coach today? Is it Tom Izzo? Is it Rick Patino? Who's your short list?
Speaker 8: I would say that tom Izzo maybe the most consistent because he did it in one place for so many years. But I think that when you took of it old time, he may be the old time. And again, like people judge success even like going to the Hall of Fame with rings and championships, and yes, it's tough to win a championship. I'm just saying what he has done was he accomplished. And you talk about all the schools that he took to the NC Double A. I think his biggest success story was two years ago when he took Iona College NCY Double A. I mean, really, they just fired the coach yesterday at Iona. I mean that's what he does. When you follow, and I call them a legend, when you follow a legend, and that's what basically Kyle left Tune did it. J Jay Wright of Villanova, You file it's expected. You know, people are spoiled, they're expecting winners. That happened, and you see, you know with Bob Huggins, you know mid Crona to some extent, I mean you follow these guys, they create what they call. I guess the mode, the method, the brand, you know, just the way it is a culture, that's what it is. And if you don't stay at that level, you're gone to These coaches are it's thinnit. They make good money, but they earn that money.
Speaker 7: They really do well.
Speaker 2: We will see how the Xavier Musketeers fare and their play in game. It will be on here tomorrow night at this time in that very.
Speaker 8: First amount of money that I heard, like something like eighty five to two.
Speaker 5: Hundred and fifty bucks a ticket. Did you hear that? It's done?
Speaker 4: Real?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 7: I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: It's part of the NCAA tournament. Whether we like the play in game or not. I've never been particularly a fan of it. I like the sixty four field and thought it should have stayed stayed at that point. You know, I wanted to ask you about your friend Buck, your partner on your Sunday, But I.
Speaker 7: Want to sell you why why I hate the tournament? Okay, you want to know why?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 8: Because I can't find where true TV is. I hate this time of year. They got these freaking games on channels I never watched.
Speaker 7: I never heard of.
Speaker 5: It's going to take me a half a day to find True TV.
Speaker 7: That's all. Let's tell you know, all.
Speaker 5: Right, do you ever watch True TV?
Speaker 2: And iball, I know exactly where it is on the spectrum plan, so I.
Speaker 7: Think it's channel forty one.
Speaker 2: That's correct, that's correct one right spectrum. So so your problems are over. Now, what I was going to ask you about your friend Buck played football at North Carolina before he played in the NFL, and you were talking about how Wes Miller was like a one or two choice for the head coaching job last time around, and he what does Bucks say about Bill Belichick and Michael Lombardi being in charge of North Carolina football?
Speaker 8: He loves it. I mean, he just he puts North Carolina on them out. But he was shocked because, you know, the previous.
Speaker 7: Coach was as old or older than.
Speaker 8: Bill Belichick, and everybody said they need to go younger to relate to these players with the nil but you know, and there was he said there was a tougal war because the athletics a rat didn't want Belichick, but the alums did. And the alums went out and basically the alums have the wallet and the pocketbook and the money and the cash and they speak, and you know, money talks, So they wanted Belichick.
Speaker 5: It's going to be really interesting to see.
Speaker 8: You know, if he could take his mode of coaching from the NFL to the college level. I think the game is the same basically, but can you relate to those players? But if he can't do it, his girlfriend can.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, Bill Belichick's girlfriend instantly makes him younger. Andy, just no doubt. You know, you plug into that fountain of youths and I'm telling you what it makes the world of difference. Not that I would know.
Speaker 7: Well, that's what I did.
Speaker 5: And when I married, I married in the cradle, you know.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean my wife is a little bit more than eight years younger than me, so I guess she.
Speaker 5: She with you.
Speaker 2: When people call me a cradle robber, she says, no, I'm the grave robber, which.
Speaker 5: Is oh my goodness, I know, wow wow.
Speaker 2: As long as she's looking over me, I guess I'm okay. I don't know.
Speaker 8: No, I know your wife was tremendous doing the picks during the football season on Sundays.
Speaker 5: You know she did those pictures. Does she have any outside information?
Speaker 8: Well, basically inside information what she thinks with the NCAA basketball She hates basketball.
Speaker 2: The only the only time it's on in our house is either when she's taking a nap or I get special dispensation from her. Okay, you can turn it on for a little while, but we're not watching it all day.
Speaker 7: She's got a quick question for you. I know we're running out of time, surely, but if you went to.
Speaker 8: Pick the five biggest sports days of the year, I'm going to run of these by you and tell you mine, Okay, because it was like this past Sunday selection. Sunday is one of the biggest ones of the year, and the Monday Night NT double A basketball final, New Year's Eve, the NT double A football final.
Speaker 7: Those are three, the.
Speaker 8: NFL Draft and maybe Opening Day for the NFL. To me, those are the five biggest sports days of the year. Baseball is not even one of them, not even maybe in Cincinnati Opening Day. Other than that, nationally the five biggest sports days of the.
Speaker 2: Year, it's the Super Bowls number one, and everything else pales in comparison.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't even think I put the super Bowl in there.
Speaker 8: I should have put the super Bowl in the year, not in an opening the NFL, not just not.
Speaker 2: The stupid halftime show either, just the game. I just want to watch the game, Andy, I don't need all the puna.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 8: I don't know why they waste so much time, energy and money trying to get a guess for the halftime show, no matter who it may be, because people want to just walk around and stretch a little bit, maybe get a drink or go to the toilet. Forget about halftime shows. And if players hate it, I'll tell you why, only because it's so much longer. It's a real long half time. The only time players that have told me they've taken showers and changed their uniform at halftime.
Speaker 2: The only way I'm going to be excited about a super Bowl halftime show is when you're the guest, Dandy, and you've been mine and you've been lovely, Thank.
Speaker 5: You so much, and a little stand up at halftime.
Speaker 2: Well not for too long, then your back will get out, all right, Thank you, Furman, thank you, Take care, God blessed. I appreciate see you sports for the out of sorts. How about the wild Man, the sports Commando, the original billboard sitter and now our our pontificator and sooth and seeker of sports wisdom. Wild Man, Walker, wild Man, what's going on? And the words of Johnny Carson in a solid bim, the great Kardak returns. So what have we got?
Speaker 4: What are you? Weller?
Speaker 2: What things?
Speaker 10: But a lot of things pergolating, but one of it has has my dander up? Are the Cincinnati Reds are going to have as entertainment this year? One snoop dog come to a great American ballpark. Now, let me tell you something about this guy. He's a cop hater. Okay, he's got a rap sheet a mile long. Okay, he's brained dead from smoking pot. And this is family entertainment. Bring a snoop dog to the ballpark. And here's something else, Gary, Jeff, are they going to turn a deaf ear to all the pots smoking going down at the ballpark when it's illegal to smoke in the ballpark that day?
Speaker 2: I mean, this is just idiotic.
Speaker 10: Who's signed off on that, the thinking that this was a smart idea?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, wild Man, I will tell you, as a former marijuana smoker, I don't anymore, because why I like being present in my life and not being clouded over by just some funk that misdirects my attention to the right places. Uh So, I have noticed ever since they legalized recreational weed. Anytime I'm in Cincinnati or Ohio, which is rare, thankfully, the pervasive smell of pot smoke everywhere just about knock you down. And I can't stand it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: I understand I heard that. I've heard that from a lot of people. But to be in the ballpark. Number one, you can't smoke cigarettes or cigars. Why would you be able to Why would you think you'd be able to smoke pots? Simply because Snoop Dogg is performing at GABP. Why do you think that's gonna happen? I think a lot of I think a lot of people. I think a lot of people are gonna get thrown out if they if they do that, and they should.
Speaker 10: If the police an'll turn it, that bear to it. Who knows, who knows what's going on down there? And of course the media in this town hasn't hasn't pushed the button on anybody there at city Hall about the situation coming up? Are you going to force the law or are you gonna look the other way? Because it's Snoop Dogg, who again, who again is a cop hater.
Speaker 4: He's a cop hater. He's got to rap.
Speaker 10: Sheet a mile long. I couldn't I couldn't tell you what songs he did know because I don't listen to that crap.
Speaker 4: But he's really it's not. Nobody cares about him anymore.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 10: And then, and like I said, he's got to rap sheet a mile long. And Gary, Jeff, did you did you see him?
Speaker 2: He's become a wild man. You're forgetting something. He has become in many circles of media darling over the last few years. And you know what it really it really started with his uh, with his participation in the Olympics coverage in these last summer Olympics, Snoop was he does.
Speaker 4: Nothing for me. And I think it's a stupid decision by the Reds.
Speaker 10: I think it's a stupid decision. They had to rethink it and just bag it. Because again that pot smoking. I just want to know, are they going to enforce the law? And I like smoking pot now and then it's been a while, but are they going to force the law because you can't smoke cigarettes there, you can't smoke cigars there.
Speaker 4: You can't vait there. Are they going to enforce the law?
Speaker 2: I'm sure they will. I mean, I don't know any reason why they would not. It is the law after all. And if you're so worried about Snoop being a police hater, why do you think the police would turn a blind eye if he inspired or incited some kind of lawbreaking while he's performing at GABP.
Speaker 10: I don't think there's as the police hater, because I heard him saying, I've a few years ago a crowd that law riled up af the police after the police come on, join with me, up the police, up the police.
Speaker 7: I heard it.
Speaker 2: I think there's been way too much of that in our society over the last five to ten years, you know, going back to like Ferguson and the Michael Brown thing, the hands up, don't shoot lie that they told and convinced people that the police murdered this young, large sized black man just for being black, when in fact he was attacking and trying to get the officer's gun away. And the George Floyd thing. We had three times as much fentanyl in his system as a lethal dose and wound up not being able to breathe, and it was proven that it wasn't because of the chokehold that Derek Shauvin had on this guy who was another rap sheet, a mile long kind of person. Timothy Thomas and Cincinnati. You know, the seventeen year old with as many warrants his years under his belt and he's running away from the cops and it looks like he's pulling out something from his waistband. It wasn't a gun, but you know that caused all the riots and everything, and they had anti cop sentiment that you're talking about. I am so glad that we still have dedicated police officers. We don't have as many as we need on the streets. And part of that, I don't know who.
Speaker 10: We'd want to be a Cincinnati police officer to put up with the crap they got to put.
Speaker 4: Up with today.
Speaker 2: You know, I agree, And.
Speaker 10: Those guys, those guys, those guys deserve to be paid twice what they're getting.
Speaker 2: Any public figure that is going around saying f the police, you're right, doesn't need to be honored or highlighted or celebrated. But I'm just telling you.
Speaker 10: And the reds are highlighting this guy. That's all I'm saying, that's all I'm saying. I think it's a stupid move.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you it's going to be a wildly successful night at GABP because now it's not good.
Speaker 10: So I'm gonna go to church every day that week and pray that it rains cats of dogs and molasses.
Speaker 2: And molasses too. Yeah, the cats and dogs are one thing, But are you gonna throw that that sticky stuff in there? Then nobody will be able to get around to anything that week.
Speaker 10: All right, all right, let's let's move on to the NCAA tournament. Well, LA fourteen fourteen SEC tournaments. Teams are in the tournament.
Speaker 2: That's a record.
Speaker 10: Of course, I can't. I can't tell you exactly my final four because I couldn't. I can't print out something on my phone. I don't have the capability. But I'll give you the two the two teams to play with the title, Duke and Michigan State, and Duke to win the national title.
Speaker 4: Duke to win the national title.
Speaker 10: And also, well, when we're talking about this, Rick Pattino, he becomes the first head coach, all right, to lead six different schools to the nc Double A Tournament and Gary, Jeff, I don't know if you remember this or not. Back in twenty twenty one, when when you see got rid of John Brannon, I was the first to say Bearcat should hire Rick Patino, They should hire Rick Patino right now because he had not signed yet with Iona.
Speaker 4: Of course, you see, has no vision, They have no guts. That would have been the greatest thing for that for that school.
Speaker 2: Could they have afforded Could they have afforded Could they have afforded Rick Patino?
Speaker 4: Oh, they could afford it. They could afford it. Now, don't get me.
Speaker 2: They could afford it.
Speaker 10: What I'm what I ownA wasn't paying him that much. There's no way Iona was paying him anything.
Speaker 4: And they had the chance. And this goes back to the same thing.
Speaker 2: With the Bengals.
Speaker 4: When the when the Red when the Reds.
Speaker 10: Could have hired Terry Francona, they had Terry Francona out there waiting in the wings when they decided to go with Dustin Baker and I didn't win nothing.
Speaker 4: They could have hired Terry frank Combe.
Speaker 10: This town has no vision when it comes to in the sports business. I don't know what what it is that they always like they're afraid of all either gonna offend somebody or you know, like Trevor Bauer. Okay, Trevor Bauer. I can't believe that guy hasn't got a job.
Speaker 4: You're gonna tell me that.
Speaker 10: He couldn't help some of these teams, and we know he's blackballed, but still you can't tell me that Trevor Bauer couldn't help couldn't help some of.
Speaker 2: These kings in the case. In the case of Trevor Bauer, it turns out that many of these allegations simply weren't what they were billed to be, and he wasn't really guilty of any crime at all. But he got black balled by the me too movement or the I call it the uh the pounds the commissioner.
Speaker 4: He came out ripped on the commissioner.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I forgot, I forgot, I forgot the name here for you. The Bearcats had a chance to hire one Dion Sanders, who was out there. Can you imagine the the children the football program and they able to brought key on Sanders here, but no, they looked looked the other way. We probably can't bring it in here. It'd be too controversial.
Speaker 4: Let's a trouble with this town.
Speaker 10: They're always worried about controversy instead of learning about winning or seeking outside the box. The Reds have thought outside the box for years. Well, thought outside the box for years.
Speaker 2: They finally got I finally got Terry Francona though as the manager, so maybe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it only took him. How many years?
Speaker 2: She only took him? How many years? All right, wild Man, hang on, let's do Let's do another segment and we'll get final thoughts on Bengals signings that have happened now, Yes, from we'll get to that from the wild next on the nightcap on SEVENLW about how people are so fired up about or some people are really really thinking that Cincinnati needs to build that new arena to replace the one downtown and the one downtown on the river. I'm sorry, whatever it's called is really not suitable for NCAA tournament action or anything else other than minor league hockey and the occasional circus. But you were talking about how some people think that if you build this new arena, then we'll have an NBA franchise in Cincinnati again. And you were just detailing how many cities have been the NBA has left, and how many they had gone back to I think the answer is zero. Is that correct? That's correct?
Speaker 10: And the Royal's left here in the seventy two thanks to Joe Addlson and Bob Coosey who ruined a franchise. We'll never get an NBA team here.
Speaker 4: Number one.
Speaker 10: It would be it would be an expansion team and we've in the basement and the fans would get all mad because they couldn't win for the next twenty years. I may look at the Pacers. I mean they've been around forever. They haven't won anything. They've been the finals, They've been to the finals once because of Larry Bird. They're not going to get an NBA franchise. Ant how much tickets would cost Gary?
Speaker 4: You have you have any idea how much tickets would cost? You go to an NBA NBA game here and Cincinna.
Speaker 10: It's not going to happen. You've got three good college programs in town. It's never ever happened. I mean, you want to build the arena, Hey have at it with your own money, not with one dime for me, Pow, not with one dime for me.
Speaker 4: And because I live in Hamlet County. Yeah, you've given them one dime. If it's one damn dime.
Speaker 2: If it's such a good business idea, then come up with the money yourself and don't expect any public funds. I agree, absolutely, Well, the problem is with with the new any new construction like that, you've got to develop the infrastructure around it, roads and the like, crosswalks, sidewalks, all of that, and the city would have to pay for some of that if they decided.
Speaker 10: Well, and I agree that, you know, I think that if they're going to ever they're going to do it, you tear down the building, the cyclones go away for a year, or go try to play somewhere else where.
Speaker 4: I don't know where where they would play.
Speaker 10: And just you know, build it down on the river, because I think that's where it should be, down on the river, not out in the west Ent or something like that. But I'll believe it when I see it will probably be all dead and gone and we really won't matter.
Speaker 4: Now let's get onto the Bengals.
Speaker 2: Let let's get on and the signings this week that we're expected by.
Speaker 10: I love the signings. I love the signings of T. Higgins and Jamar Chase. They got what they wanted. The Bengals here. You know Joe Burrow, and I know I've heard people say that Joe Burrow held them hostage or Joe Burrow. Joe Burrow wants to win, okay, and then the Bengals want to win.
Speaker 4: And they thought this out.
Speaker 10: We may have to score forty points every game, okay because of the defense. But now the Bengals can focus on fix and the defense because we've got an off The Bengals got an offense, got to maybe tinker with the offensive line. But I'm I'm so happy that they got these two guys under contract, and I knew they were going to do it. Of course, there's the critics of Bengal fans. They wouldn't be happy we won the Super One by forty eight to nothing. We find fault in at some of those people, but you know what, I'm so glad that the Begals got this done. Now we can focus on maybe getting another lignement up front to protect Joe and also work on the defense. I think it's a great, great, great, great, great move for the city, great move for the city.
Speaker 2: Do you think that the injuries, uh specifically to t Higgins last year were tied to the fact that the contract was unsettled. Do you think that that might have been?
Speaker 10: That might have been and then he only got you know, he only got two years guaranteed two years guaranteed money. But you know that that goes on with behind closed doors.
Speaker 4: And I don't really care about that, And.
Speaker 10: Most fans don't understand the nuts and bolts of negotiations and the salary cap and why they've got them signed. Gary, Jeff, Let's move on. They're signing their ear not going anywhere. We got just Secy as a tight end. We got another tight end we signed up. We got a good running game. We may score forty points a game. We may have the best offense and the natal Football league, but we got to fix the defense. Fix the defense.
Speaker 2: Let's look elsewhere in the NFL real quickly with the signings that have happened here during the offseason. Wild Man, do you think Josh Allen is worth two hundred and fifty million dollars guaranteed for the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 10: Oh, I don't know if you can say anybody's worth that kind of money, But if they're going to offer it to you, are you gonna turn it down? Does any movie star? Is any movie star worth fifty million dollars of film? I mean, come on, I mean, if they're gonna pay it, you take it. And they love Josh Allen and Buffalo I love. They've got problems there too, and they're not Have they ever won a Super Bowl?
Speaker 4: No, they're four.
Speaker 10: Times lost, But they they love Josh Allen. They got a good offense, they got the money to pay it. So you sign up, sign and you keep Josh Allen around.
Speaker 2: What about Aaron Rodgers with the Steelers wild Man.
Speaker 10: Well, that is really yeah, that was a big time Right now he's in the limbo. He may go to Minnesota. Who knows where he's gonna go. He's gonna play somewhere. He's gonna play some more. Well, and that's gonna be a shame. I know, I know, because this is a guy who just doesn't realize that his career was over about three years ago, and he needs to.
Speaker 2: You've got an.
Speaker 4: Aaron Rodgers, don't you. Even though he threw for almost three.
Speaker 10: Thousand yards with a lousy with with a lousy football team, You've got an end for him for some reason. I mean he's only a four time MVP, but you did he did he like turn you down for an autograph or something all the way.
Speaker 2: No, listen, this this happens way too often with great players who've already established themselves as Hall of Famers and Super Bowl champs and the like. You just can't.
Speaker 4: They don't know. They don't know when to colchy, when to quit.
Speaker 2: And that's all I've got against Aaron Rodgers. The guy needs to.
Speaker 6: Not you.
Speaker 10: He'll decide when he does not want to, but he feels he can still play. Gu Yet I just told you you'll have a through for three thousand yards.
Speaker 2: I think with the lousy New York Yets, the defensive pass rushers and uh and the ends, the defensive ends will decide for Aaron Rodgers, and it will happen very very quickly. Believe me, it's not meided.
Speaker 10: Oh God, before I let you go, I've got to give this shout out here? Can I do this personal shout out? You're really gonna like this? I want to think A grets the ud Football Flyers freshman Paul Kelly for making All American as a punt returner. Now Paul Kelly is the grandson of a great UC athlete. His name is on the Ring of Honor at Nippert Stadium, Jim Kelly Senior. And he's the nephew of current you see football analyst Jim Kelly Junior. Now, this kid obviously has some great athletic bloodlines pedigree. But congrats to UD football Flyers freshman Paul Kelly from making All American as a punt returner. Maybe the UC Bearcats should look at him and possibly bring him down here and have him blame for UC.
Speaker 2: Well, that would be symmetry, that would be full circle. I'd love it. That's a good idea. Yeah, all right, all right, wild man, gear up. We've got at least one more week of Nightcaps coming and then the Reds usurpa all summer long, pretty much. So I look forward to our conversation next week and day.
Speaker 10: Yeah that we should have a firm hand on how the Reds are shaping up.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll just be three days out from opening day on next Monday or Tuesday night, so yeah, absolutely, all right, Wi amya Walker on the Nightcap. Thank you so much, my friend, and we will talk to you soon. Twenty five Here a jet as we head into the last hour. Our next guest is an anti feminist attorney, and that grabbed my ear right there. And I like that author and columnist who is the author of, among other things, the book Silent Suffering Poems of Pain and Purpose. And Leslie, I think we have spoken before, but it's good to have you back on the show for a few minutes tonight to talk about the poison auto pin of the Biden administration and it's legality. I know that the auto pin goes back as far as the Truman administration, and there was some law there was created during the Bush administration in two thousand and five which says the autopin essentially is a perfectly legal way to sign executive orders and the like in certain cases. But it's great to having the show.
Speaker 6: How are you doing well? Thanks so much for.
Speaker 2: Having me You bet so? Can President Trump legally void any of Joe Biden's pardons or any of the things he signed or didn't sign with an auto pen? What do we know about this from a legal standpoint?
Speaker 11: Sure so, from a legal standpoint, I kind of what you mentioned is more or less correct. That it is true that using the use of autopen states back quite a number of years now, there is a distinction. I think Alanders who has actually made this point, that there's a distinction between signing actual bills like legislation rather than other documents. But I think the bigger issue, frankly that's much more live here, is related to Biden's mental capacity at the time of signing some of these documents. So as his presidency continued for the four years, I don't think there's very many people who now would argue that he was the same mental capacity even in twenty twenty that he was in twenty twenty three, twenty twenty four, or after he withdrew from running for the presidency again. So I think the real concern, bigger, broader concern, is did did Joe Biden his use of auto pen for example? Was that ever done without really his knowledge as to what he was signing? I believe was Mike Johnsons You mentioned there were some documents that was unclear that Biden remembered he had signed. The Attorney General for the state of Missouri is also concerned about this. You know, sign signing executive orders or other papers have legal effect without an awareness, you know, I mean, you have had the mental capacity to sign off on these things. And I think that's the deeper issue at play here. I don't think it'll be being brought up, you know, and it hasn't for you know, the decades that it's been in place.
Speaker 2: Well, I think with the Biden presidency, we saw an example of what America had seen previously with the Woodrow Wilson administration, where his wife, basically Edith, was in charge of the government. Edith was never elected because of his incapacitation, Wilson could not really be considered to be a cognizant or president president. And you're right twenty twenty, I mean, before the election, this this point was being made by Donald Trump and by people who knew that old Joe had rounded the corner already. The fact, the fact that he in fact leslie when Joe Biden when it was announced that he had been appointed president because I don't want to say elected, but anyway, when it was announced that he was going to be president, my bet was he wouldn't make it past twenty two or twenty three. I mean, I didn't think it would be dragged out into twenty twenty four when he finally dropped out of the race and became a persona non grata everywhere in the media and in the White House and in every other respect. They were still hiding him basically in the basement or in Delaware or in that Rehobas Beach. And the fact that there's no way that he had the mental faculties to know certain things that are nuanced and complicated that he was signing. I think that's although being the family guy, the head of the Biden crime family, he definitely wanted his relative's pardons, so he might have known he was signing.
Speaker 11: Those right, quite quite likely, And you know, I guess that's something that's gone on for quite quite a long time in his career. But again, it's very I think, very distressing, and it should really disturb the public that for a number of years it really is unclear to what degree the president had the literally the cognitive capacity to govern.
Speaker 5: That's very just should distress the public.
Speaker 11: And I think that that that's where that line of questioning, in my opinion, will go. Was the appoint in his presidency where he had declined so you know, so dramatically as to be incapable of faithfully executing the duties of the presidency and is there any way Obviously, when you get into more technical issues that are very difficult, you know, is there any way to prove this? These are the type of things that are very difficult to make a legal showing of, but are in the court of public opinion something that I think should absolutely be raised, not that they should be raised in a court of law, and I would suspect that that's likely at that is something that appears a Trump administration is pursuing. But you know, I think the court of public opinion is also somewhere that that Trump is waging. Is more that that's actually very important to the public be aware of. Frankly, the fact that Democratic Party, I mean really could not care less whether or not the individual representative party and was the president was actually capable in any way to perform a you know.
Speaker 2: What I think. Actually it's more to the point that they were they were welcoming someone who wasn't capable, so they could move him anywhere on the chessboard they wanted at any time, and he just got her altbing it is. It's extremely disturbing. Well, Leslie Corbly, we need to set up a date to talk some more, because I really enjoyed speaking with you for a few minutes tonight.
Speaker 5: Thanks so much.
Speaker 11: I'd love you anytime, all right, fantast Leslie krbly offer, author of Silent Suffering, and maybe we'll talk a little bit about the book next time, too fantastic thinks so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you. The nightcap continues with some tax advice and this guy says, pay zero taxes. Got my attention. Mark Kwan up next, So I'm eating this delicious?
Speaker 4: What about the poor people who can't play?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 2: Oh it was a cheap suck?
Speaker 8: Sure, use your privileged to bible the cheap sun just trying to tell a joke.
Speaker 11: You's something funny about starving the poor?
Speaker 5: What Sometimes it's not safe to say anything, but not with Eddie and Rocky.
Speaker 2: They want to hear what you have to say. We think it's important for everyone to be heard Eddie and Rockey. The more afternoon at three.
Speaker 7: On seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: Is your portfolio working as hard as you did to build it?
Speaker 1: Amy Wagner here inviting you to a new all Worth workshop designed for high net worth investors looking.
Speaker 2: To protect and throw their wealth. Register at all Worth Financial dot com. Find your dream and we get closer and closer to April fifteenth, the day that most Americans dread, unless, of course I don't know, they don't have to pay any taxes. And on that topic, we have a financial expert, author of four books, including the latest, Be Smart, Pay Zero Taxes, Mark Kwan. Welcome to the show. How are you. I'm great, man.
Speaker 6: I'm sitting in Tennessee, beautiful day, enjoying the day and joying a couple of coffees.
Speaker 2: So I'm doing great man. Thanks for us. We're at in Tennessee because I live for years in the Nashville and Middle Tennessee area, and I love it.
Speaker 6: I left the state of California about a year a year ago or so and got out of that mess and moved to Knoxville, Tennessee. So absolutly love Knoxville. What a great place to live.
Speaker 2: Actually, well, yeah, you're you're there in the Smokies in the eastern part of the state. I always tell people, and we'll get to the topic. I swear. I always tell people that Tennessee is really three different states geographically and topography. You know, in the topography the West is all flat and bluffs. Middle Tennessee is rolling hills kind of like here in the Ohio River basin where I live now, and East Tennessee beautiful smoky mountains. The Appalachians are just gorgeous and you're right in the heart of them. Okay, so, how do you be smart and pay zero taxes? That's a loaded question, gives a lot of answers, but go.
Speaker 6: Ahead, Okay, good, Well, I guess maybe I'll tell you a lot about my background. Is I'm I was.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 6: I'm actually officially a high school and college dropout. Was I left Canada twenty five years ago. I was in business and finance school for business and financial advisor. I left Canada and I came to United States for the American dream with a penny in my pocket. Spent some time as a private investigator in Los Angeles, UH, and then got into finances heavily, and I was a financial advisor and investment advisor. I was training financial advisors like i'd be a guy talking on stage training financial advisors. And I was actually the financial advisor for a number of CPAs. So spent a lot of time in the industry. And it was coronavirus when I just a lot used to do a lot of seaking engagements, and during coronavirus they all got canceled. So I was sitting down and saying, what am I going to do now? So some friends said, you should start a financial education company. You're passionate about that. So I said, oh, that sounds good. So we started, and we started going down the rabbit hole of tax avoidance, but specifically something that any any ordinary American can do right, just because my family are brick layers and that's sort of like hard, hard working people. And yeah, we came across the strategies called it's the subtitle is used to buy, borrow, dye strategy to get rich and stay rich. And the very wealthy people they just buy assets. They never sell them or other than sell them which would trigger the taxes. They take loans from each asset to buy other assets. By taking loans, they don't have to work for the money. They just continue to do this buying and borrowing, and then when they die, they pass all those assets to their family with no taxes. So it's a way to circums the US tax system. It's not a new strategy spur around for decades. It just I've spent the last four years teaching this to ordinary Americans. We've caught it over for over five hundred different Americans, mostly ordinary Americans, and we've proven it weren't work. And you can actually start it with one hundred dollars in a brokerage account, So anybody can do it.
Speaker 2: Wow, one hundred bucks in a brokerage account and can be on your way. Now you're talking about to buy, borrow and die strategy that leads to not having to pay any taxes. Essentially, so you buy a property or you buy whatever, you buy an asset, and instead of selling that asset at a profit, which would trigger the taxes, you borrow against that and buy something else. And how long can you continue this? I guess as long as you've got a credit line somewhere, you can continue to do this, and of course you make your payments. But the interesting, the intriguing thing to me mark this strategy is that the estate taxes that are usually passed on to the heirs of someone who dies uh in many states kick in. And it I mean, it can be very very costly to have you know, your relative with all these assets pass on. But you're saying you're avoiding estate taxes as well. With this one hundred because you die with the assets are leveraged. Is that how or why?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, just general tax law. Some states do you do have taxes like you don't want to die in you know, certain states it's expensive. But currently under tax code, you can die with up to twenty six million dollars and not pay a diamond taxes both federal and state. Not in all states, but most of them you actually can. So it's a thirteen million per person. So you can die with twenty six million no taxes. All your real estate, business, stocks, ets, life insurance, cryptocurrency, all that can be passed to your family tax free due to a step up basis.
Speaker 2: Well, I would love to see the estate tax completely wiped out, whether we're following your strategy or not. I always found that the death tax, as I rightfully call it, I think, is one of the most egregious taxes that we face in this country. And hopefully when they either secure President Trump's tax bill, there's been talk about eliminating it completely. And I just think because all that money's been taxed the entire time the person has been alive, it's been you know, singularly, doubly and triplely taxed, and then it's taxed again when the person dies. It just seems like such a shame and such a sham your thoughts on that.
Speaker 6: Actually, that can be true. In some cases, it's not true. Let's say, for example, we both inherited ten million dollars because we had rich families. Right, I didn't inherit a dime like we were broke for four generations on both sides of my family, and not a penny. But let's say, why hypothetically you both inherited ten million dollars and I said, hey, here, I got a plan. Let's never work and never pay taxes. All right, if we put ten million, you got ten million. Let's just go buy ten stocks we use every day. We say, I use Google, I use Microsoft, I use Amazon, I used Exon, I need some oil, I need whatever.
Speaker 2: Ten stocks apple Phone.
Speaker 6: Just picked ten stocks use every day, and you put ten ten million dollars. Well, if that portfolio just makes ten percent rate of return, it'll double every seven years. So we just did nothing. Seven years later, we'd have twenty million seven years later, forty million seven years later, eighty million seven years later, one hundred and sixty million, dollars. Yeah, what if we just took it a margin loan for twenty thousand dollars a month, We just sent a took a low interest loan, sent it to our bank account, and lived off twenty thousand dollars a month. We'd never work and we'd never pay taxes.
Speaker 2: I could definitely do that. I mean, I got to start with I got to start with the ten million though first Mark, And I'm like, you know, no, there's no major inheritance waiting on me. I think my parents have estates in each of the brothers' names, which will all be subject to taxes if we wanted to use them, and any other way than reinvesting as you're talking about. So the key here basically is invest borrow against that investment with the low interest loans, live off that money, and just continue to accrue the assets until you die. Now, when you die again, because of the way you've positioned this, your heirs, the people who are going to inherit this, are not going to have to pay taxes on them.
Speaker 7: Correct.
Speaker 6: It's a stepped up basis. You can do it with stocks, ETFs, life insurance, cryptocurrency, or real estate, artwork, all those things got to stepped up basis. It's currently around approximately thirteen million per person. So you can pass twenty six million to your family if you're in as long as you're not in a state that has those those taxes. It's all federally in state attacks free hunt up to twenty six million.
Speaker 2: Well, you want to make sure the assets actually accrue well then and aren't losing money. I mean, like, for example, Hunter Biden's art work, who just dramatically dropped in value. Probably not a great investment for anyone.
Speaker 6: I'm just yeah, a Hunter had to sell the artwork because or because nobody would have lent him money against it, because no bank's going to fall for that sham, of course. But now the rich will actually do that. They'll actually take a brokerage account. Let's say they got a bunch of stocks, They'll take a low interest loan. They'll go buy the artwork. They'll throw the artwork on their wall, and then they'll actually take a loan from the artwork, and then they'll go buy some some bitcoin, and then they'll take a loan from the bitcoin, and they'll go buy real estate. I mean, that's what they're doing. It's a pretty simple strategy. Again, it's normally been something that billionaires use. We start people with one hundred dollars in a brokerage account. It's all in the book, all right. I've got a YouTube channel called the Perfect Portfolio. You can actually go look at my portfolios. You can learn the strategy and anyone can do it.
Speaker 2: Mark Kwan. A joy to talk to you, especially as we are closer and closer to tax time. Maybe nothing we can do about twenty twenty four, but let's work on twenty twenty five, right and beyond. Yeah, we can't. We don't.
Speaker 6: We don't have a magic one to do this, but I do. My books are very simple and easy to understand. I've spent years doing this all for of my books. This one's no different. It's big, it's a thick book, four hundred pages, but it's actually fun to read. We're getting reviews that it's simple, easy to understand, fun to read. We've got some good jokes in there, and we make it entertaining.
Speaker 2: Be smart, Pay zero taxes by Mark J. Kwan. Thank you so much for your time, my friend.
Speaker 6: Awesome, alridy great, haven't you look forward talking again soon?
Speaker 2: Okay? Great? Mark Kwan good. I'm just trying to figure out where I'm going to get that first ten mil so I can start the ball rolling. But he says, all you need is one hundred bucks in a brokerage account. It's the nightcap And we continue in moments on seven hundred. WLW Biller, author of The Most Dangerous Man in Washington, and it's a story about his journey as a pediatric doctor to a hero during a global crisis, and he faced all kinds of professional blowback for his stances and what he knew about COVID nineteen And to talk about that for a few minutes once again, Scott Miller, how are you doing.
Speaker 1: Doctor, I'm actually a PA. I just had my own medical my own pediatric practice.
Speaker 5: But it's a pleasure to be here. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Well, it's great to have you. So tell me a little bit about what happened at the We're talking about May of twenty, which is the earliest signs of COVID and the infection in the United States, and how you were treating your patients, and how you were being told to treat your patients, and how you got into trouble.
Speaker 1: Over all of that, I'll try and keep it brief.
Speaker 5: It's a fairly convoluted story.
Speaker 1: But you know, interestingly, apart from just being told by you know, doctor Fauci deubah Burke's the CDC that there were no treatments, there weren't No one was really coming after providers that were treating is unless they were prescribing hydroxychloroquin. So early on we were pretty much free to do what we wanted. And although I had a pediatric practice, I had parents that were coming in in the end of January, you know, beginning of February that were quite sick, and they had these prolonged cops and they a lot of them were saying the same thing, I just don't feel like I can get a full breath of air and I can't fill my lungs. And they're good to the er and they'd be sent home with you know, a rescue and hailer and really nothing else. And I'm a curious guy, so I app okay, if we do a trial of some some different types of meds, and almost across the board, when I would have them nebulize a medication called DDS, and they would say that they started to feel better, like their their lung sell better, they could breathe better, and again not knowing what we were dealing with. And then all of a sudden, on March twelfth or twenty twenty, which was my birthday, everything shut down. They you know, fact she came on and you know the news about you know, COVID and and everything felt wrong. And I called my brother, who's an ear nose throat surgeon, and I asked him what his thoughts were, and he said, it's all political, bs, this is crazy. I'm like, okay, cool, that's what I felt. And my wife, My wife looked at me, She's like, well, can you figure this out? And h which I thought was it was cool for her to think that I be able to do that. But I was like, yeah, let's let's start diving into the research of Stars one and mrs and the you know, just looking at how this is impacting the immune system. And within within about three days, I came across information out of out of Italy Taiwan, where it just started leading me down these rabbit trails and uh, you know, the thing that was really the most devastating early on was the impact on the kids, closing schools, taking away all of the I took care of a lot of children with special needs, and all of their all of their physical therapy and occupational therapy and speech therapy was instantly gone. And you know, they're being told their vectors of disease and they couldn't hang out with their friends. I was seeing a pandemic of depression and anxiety and there was nothing I.
Speaker 5: Could do to fix it.
Speaker 1: It was really crippling, and so I started speaking out about it and was then asked if I would speak at the capital at a medical freedom rally or just a freedom rally to talk about the medical side of it. I was in May of twenty twenty, which I did, and shortly after that the state the state started coming after me, which led to this kind of downward spiral. But you know, but the book is it really it's it's not really about COVID. It's not political. It's just my my personal journey or my family's journey navigating through It's a it's a journey into the insights of what it was like because we were doing something that no one else was doing, at least in our state. I didn't close my practice. I did inpatient care. We didn't we didn't have social distancing. We didn't make families wear masks.
Speaker 7: We do.
Speaker 1: It was as though there was no such thing apart from you know, hand washing, and and so we were coming on fire from a lot of different areas.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I wrote mass exemptions to open up private Christian schools, and magazine exemptions to allow student kids to go back to college without being mandated to get an experimental shot. So the state at a certain point literally considered me to be and called me the most dangerous man in Washington for using my license to perpetuate the spread of a virus during a worldwide pandemic.
Speaker 2: Well, you saw that patients who went into the hospital were dying, and you tried everything you could to keep patients from going into the hospital, and then for lack of a better word, rescuing some patients and letting them escape from the hospital because the approved standard of care was killing people, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: It was decimating people. I talked to I see you critical care nurses, and in two of our our hospitals in Vancouver, Washington, it was you know between a you know, at a six or seven percent survival rate if they went into the ICU, especially if they're ventilated, which I found to be unacceptable because I was going into homes with people that had been sent home from the hospital, like from the er and said to come back when they you know, when they're having a harder time breathing.
Speaker 5: And a lot of.
Speaker 1: People were like, I'm not going back to the hospital. And by the time I would, I would walk in their home, they were you know, their oxygen saturation would be in the sixties seventies, So that would be a person that would be ventilated immediately, and and I would treat them and we could get even without supplemental oxygen, like we would order it that even in that interim of waiting to get the oxygen we could get, I could get somebody that was you know, oxygen at seventy percent to ninety percent and forty five minutes just using what they considered unapproved FDA approved but not approof for COVID rep his medications. And across the board, these people were like, huh, why won't they do this in the hospital, and you know, money, they made so much money.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they were incentivized by by I mean, they were actually getting paid for people dying as long as they listed them as COVID deaths. We know this. It is so evil. I can't even begin to wrap my head around it. Still, Scott Well in the Dogs.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize until I did an interview with Daniel Horowitz with with Blaze's TV, and we were he had reached out to me to help do some hospital rescues for people that were calling into his show, and so he started sending me the bills that these patients had gotten or what you know, insurance or aghs had paid out. And you know, I was thinking, you know, one hundred and fifty two hundred thousand, I'm looking at five hundred and seventy five eight hundred and fifty thousand, one point two million. A friend of mine's husband it was over two million dollars that the hospital got reimbursed. So that's a huge incentive to withhold therapies that would allow somebody to go home and.
Speaker 2: To keep people sick or kill them. Yes, it's amazing. The most dangerous man in Washington that would be Washington State. A physical Uh, you're a you're a physician's assistant.
Speaker 5: Correct, Yeah, have position assistant.
Speaker 2: Scott Miller, thank you for your time tonight. An interesting story I'd like to follow up some more at some point if you have the time.
Speaker 1: All right, absolutely, and yeah, you can get it on Amazon. And I've been told it's not boring. I've been told it, so that's pretty pretty it's been. I call it an entertaining read, and it's insight that even people that were close to me, that were kind of in the inner circle, had no idea. My wife had, even she.
Speaker 5: Was a nurse and she had worked with me and some of it.
Speaker 1: She came up after reading some chapters and she's like, Scott, I had no idea you were doing this. I'm like, well, you didn't want to know.
Speaker 5: It's getting steady.
Speaker 1: But it's a pretty fun read.
Speaker 2: I look forward to checking it out. Scott Miller, thank you very much. It's the nightcap and we're not done. Not even Klok we had the opportunity to talk to. But I have the pleasure tonight of speaking to Rhinier Zeidelmann. And I hope I'm pronouncing the name correctly. Am I absolutely? Randier Zeidelman author of the Origins of Poverty and Wealth, and he argues that economic freedom, not socialism, lifts nations from poverty. Using global case studies to show how in centerves drive wealth and happiness. People aren't necessarily just born into wealth and that's why they are wealthy. And I think that's one of the points you make. You're suggesting you're in You're in Berlin, Germany right now, and I appreciate you taking the time all across across the globe here to talk to us. But you're talking about a liberty road trip that everyone should take. What does that consist of? In here? This liberty road?
Speaker 9: What I did in two years I traveled through the early countries all over the world. I've been in Latin America, in a lot of countries, in Asia, of course, in the United States, and in sixty European countries, and to study economic freedom or economic repression. And you know, it's not a book about theory. It's a mixture between travel experience. And I spoke with entrepreneurs, with economists, with politicians, with all the people in all of this countries. I studied why are some people some countries become richer and some are very poor? And I'll give you one example. One examples is Vietnam. Vietnam was in the nineties the foorst country, the poorer than all African countries because of you know, the war, not only in the United States, with trends with Japan, with China, and what was not destroyed by the war was destroyed later by the crazy plant economy. And then they started with economic reforms, introducing private property, three market reforms. They call them the socialists, but I don't think that there are real socialists. But the results from more economic freedom was that the number of people living in poverty in Vietnam decreased from eighty percent in ninety ninety to three percent today. And I think this is amazing, and I had a lot of examples, and to bottom up, it is all this way. If you add more economic freedom, people become wealth there, and if you add more government, people become pride. I give you an example from one country that became very poor because of small government business, argent I've sat in however, every year in Argentina in the last three years. Argentina was one hundred years ago, one of the richest countries in the world, as rich as the United States one hundred years ago. And then they made all this crazy left wing right wing attism, socialism alway, small government, and the result was that they became so poor and they had every single year since ninety forty five and inflation, duppytities, in sat rate, doup petition every single year. And now you see now they have now Yabi in malays as libertarian president, and I hope you will be successful in tiding against So it's the same story. I traveled to so many countries, but in the end, it's always the same story.
Speaker 2: Well, it seems like things are turning around in Argentina because of the new administration there understanding exactly what you're talking about. In countries like India though, because of the caste system that still exists there that keeps people in a certain class poorer than others. Does it not.
Speaker 5: To be honest?
Speaker 9: For I've been not in India. I've been in a lot of Asian countries in China, Vietnam, Naple sous who you're not in India, so I can't say so much about it. But I can say something about Nepal. It's the neighbor of India and Nepal it's one of the fust clanses in the world today. It's the second purse in Asia.
Speaker 2: And why is that?
Speaker 9: Because almost everything is forbidden. It's forbidden to make a profit of more than twenty percent. I spoke there with entrepreneurs and they told me if I produce anything, for example, my book, they can make only a profit of twenty percent. Otherwise they are punished by the government. And then they have long lists. What is forbidden for foreign investors. You're not allowed to invest in this and that and that. Oh it's red tape, a lot of regulation. It's forbidden, and in the end they are poor. I spoke about Vietnam before. It is the difference. In Vietnam they embrace towering dances, even Americans, and I doubt before maybe they hate Americans because of the war. No, they laugh Americans and they open the economy for the world, and so they it's a very entrepreneur country. And if you compare these countries like Nepal on the one hand and Vietnam on the other hand, you see it's always about economic freedom.
Speaker 2: In the end, how is your home country of Germany doing on this prospect right here?
Speaker 9: It's the state is a sad story. You know, we were so successful in Germany because essence World War two, we introduced a free market economy with our with our minutes of economy with the Airheart and now in the last year it started with Andrew Americas, they've started to go mall and mall in the direction of the planned economy. For example, to face out nuclear power plants. What is a crazy idea. They speak about climate change as the biggest threat, but if you believe in this, you should have more nuclear power plans then have to phase out. So they paced out nuclear power plants. They're past dot cold power plants. They wanted to make do everything with windmills and solar energy, what is of course not possible. And now we have the highest energy prices in the world and companies go, for example to the United States or some even go to China. As the biggest chemical company in the world. They said, okay, we go more to China now because there's less bureaucracy in China than in Germany and not so high energy price. So it's a it's a sad story because you know, the Clean Party in Germany, they wanted to prove that they wanted to do the role models for the rest of the world. If you set them. Germany is only responsible for two percent of zero two emissions on the world if you would cut them to zero, it wouldn't change anything. Then they replied, yes, maybe, but we will be the role models for the whole world and everyone will like to do it as we do it in Germany. Now exactly the opposite happened. We have zero crows. Now we are in the third years of recession. And you know this is this is another example that planned economy does not work. They don't call it a plan economies. But let's maybe say on in two centers, what is the difference between a planned economy on the one hand and capitalism on the other hand. In capitalism, entrepreneurs and consumer decide.
Speaker 5: What to produce.
Speaker 9: It's every day the decision of millions of companies and consumers. In a planned economy, politicians divide. Walter produced. And so if you think that politeerians are smarter than millions of consumers and entrepreneurs, wealth per socialists. But I don't believe this that the politicians are the smartest people in the world.
Speaker 2: No, no, I don't. I don't either, reneer Zeidelmann, thank you so much. The Origins of Poverty and Wealth is the book, and we appreciate your time this evening. That is all for us. We end with the national anthems, star Spangled banner to honor America. On seven hundred WLW