Speaker 1: Sign of.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to reconnected for the third time to Minchester Gage Hogston from Norman Studios.
Speaker 3: What's going on, Gauge, Hey, what's going on? My girlfriend asked me that today, She's like, is this your third time going on there? I was like, yeah, I think it is.
Speaker 2: It will not be the last either. You're one of my favorites.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I love having you, not to mention it's an important update time and we get to hear about Norman Studios. We get to hear about you, we get to hear about Florida.
Speaker 3: I guess I like talking about Florida. I mean, it always happens, and it's inevitable.
Speaker 2: Gus, we like talking down to Florida. We are. That's so, that's true. That's true. So what's going on with Norman Studios? What's what's been happening lately?
Speaker 3: Norman Studio has been great. We've been constantly open since February I think now. So February we finally started staying open the first and third Saturdays of the month, so every two weeks would be open. We're open, and yeah, it's been awesome. We've We've had great turnout every every week. There's people there. Oh yeah, we've lived in Jacksonville our whole lives. We had no idea about this until three days ago. Like we just found out about it today. We saw a post on Facebook this morning and decided to show up. So she's still spreading the word. We're doing great. We're having a lot of people show up and buy posters and buy a T shirts. And we've got a whole bunch of events coming up towards the end of the year and going into next year. Got some really special events because I can't remember if the last time I was on I was telling you all that we finally got that last property. And so now that we're actually fully complete, they're working on finishing some flooring issues and finishing the AC and everything and that other building, and we'll actually be able to move in there and that will be our office, and then we'll also have it be like a Galla space and we'll be doing some movie showings and some exhibitions in there, and we'll be having like banquets and stuff where we'll be doing some real deal fundraising.
Speaker 2: Nice, nice as usual. Josephine has thrown up some first time watches, which Fighter General is great, list I also wanted to point out Fascination from Genre Lan. I've talked about this movie a lot today. Yeah, all kinds of people looking at the sale over at Orbit, and I've had multiple people ask what's the best first title to get into under Lawn, And I gotta be honest, you should check out Fascination before anything else because if you don't like that one, you're not gonna like any of them. It's it's one that will indicate if you're into that style of cinema. Pretty much, immediately check out Fascination. We'll talk about that indicator sale in just a little bit. It's crazy you have any sales popped up today, back to back to back. That's it's gonna be a busy week. We get a lot to talk about. We got a fun conversation tonight after all of our announcements. Our theme this week is back to school. Today was my kid's second day back to school, Thank goodness, So stoked on that. But we're gonna talk about our ten favorite films related to school in any way, it's a very vague category on purpose, and I think I narrowed it down to fifteen films, so we'll have to talk.
Speaker 3: About Yeah, I'd said to you. I was like, man, I don't know, and then I was like I got into it. I was like, this is a great, great topic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot you could choose for this one. Let's discuss the Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So my great friend Riek Bentley modeled these for me. He's a coworker with me at the car dealership. He is the man. He's actually a former Missouri State football player too. Yeah, and he was very nice to help me do these photo shoots. And we also used his super nice sony a seven full frame camera. It was very nice. But yeah, finally got some photos and finally have all the information like typed out ready to go. And we're hoping that by the end of at least by the end of this year, we should have our web store up. If not sooner, I'm shooting for October to have it up so we can do some spooky posting for this Crimson sculpture here.
Speaker 2: This year is so read. I love this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and yeah that we definitely we got the four XL for you, and we also got three XL two XL, which I think we had two XL last time. A three XL and four XL will be new. This time, we had a group of fan new football players actually come to our museum and they wanted to buy shirts in They're like, yeah, we can't fit in the new and so that was finally the They were like, oh, we do need to get bigger shirts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I uh two XL would be nice. But then it goes up to like the top of my belly and I'm like, I'm crop, yeah, crop, I mean it would be nice, but the rest of the world would complain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't like wear that out to.
Speaker 2: Them, the shirts look amazing. Everyone needs to keep an eye out on Norman Studios. Follow them. Uh, there's all kinds of links in the description below. Follow them on Facebook. There's all kinds of updates and everything that they post there. Not to mention though, if you're ever finding yourself near Jacksonville, go check it out. I am. It's near the top of my list of all of the places that I want to visit that are related to this hobby somehow, And dying to meet you in person, dying to come see this place, dying to see film history in person. I can't wait.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'll happen for sure, And if anybody. I'm in the discord and if anybody's in Jacksonville, you can always hit me up and I can give you a tour whenever, even if we're not open, we could try to make something work and get you a tour, you know, because I understand sometimes it's hard to you know, if you're only here for a few days or something, if you're on a weekday, I can. I can always make it work and try to get somebody in here. So sweet.
Speaker 2: I mean that's some very channer of software. I love that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean I'm very lucky, pretty flexible with my job, and so like if anything ever happens, I can try to get somebody a tour for sure.
Speaker 2: Amazing. So let's talk about some recent things for us. We got some pickups and some watches to go through. First off, let's go through some watches. What have you been watching lately?
Speaker 3: So I actually grabbed a lot of stuff this time. This is this is my new setup that I have. By the way, everybody, I gotta got my car here, the two Billies, two and a half Billies. This is like all my criterions and you know, Warner Archive and then studio stuff that's like not that flashy, and then this one will be all of Vinitor Syndrome and Partner Labels and Mando Macabre and seven. And then the half billy right here is like arrow. And then I have stuff like my oversized stuff, like my A twenty four stuff. My girlfriend got me this awesome shirt and the stopping since four K for our four year anniversary a month ago, so.
Speaker 2: I still want to know why that'st not making sense.
Speaker 3: Four K was so I know, which is a great anniversary gift. She got me the shirt and that I was like, dang, let's cash down. But we're gonna go watch it over in my bud's house because he's got the atmost set up, so we're gonna go watch it over there. So I'm excited to check that out. But lately, I mean, you wanna you wanna swap one off at a time or you sure? Yeah, I guess uh. We'll start with this I Got Hot Saturday in, which is a carry Grant movie. I've explained before. He's my favorite actor. So Tino's got a whole bunch of these one off carry Grant movies from the thirties. Mostly they have that box set two of three of his films, which is awesome. Hot Saturday. It was great. It's got Randolph Scott in it too, which is you know, his buddy, so they they kill it in this together and I really enjoyed that. And then I'll do one more because it's kind of the same era. But I got the Sony Cocktail Hour, which I had asked the question in the discord if anybody had like a list of these like one off Sony's because it's kind of weird. They just kind of do these, like every couple months or so, they'll put a random disc out, and this is a press disc. It's not BDR. I thought it would be BDR, but it looks awesome too because Sony kills their transfers. So and it's pre code and this movie also has Randolph Scott and Bby Daniels. Awesome movie. It's great pre code. There's even a section of it that was so pre code is cut and does not exist anymore, but the audio does. And they play the audio and put like production stills in for it. So and it's a cruise ship movie, so like I love movies out there on cruise ships or trains or stuff like that. So those are Those are my two thirties. If you want to show up some more stuff.
Speaker 2: Sure, I wanted to show Got In a Wounded Fawn. This was a Shutter release through Vininger Syndrome. Had to show this one to remind everybody that I interviewed Josh Ruben for this movie. It's up on the channel. And I mean this movie, this movie is one that was very popular for like a month on Shutter and then everybody forgot about it and it never got a physical release till just now. But the movie's pretty rad and it's telling a story that we don't get a lot of adaptations about this. It's about like the Greek mythology in a modern sense, and it's pretty damn well. Mate. I really wish more people would check it out. It's pretty great. And then the other big one from Ocium that I wanted to share, I think everybody needs to check out the Poetry of lee Ching Dog. Film movement has quickly been releasing some great stuff. We've got a nice booklet in there with this one. It's a lot of writing, but a lot of pictures as well. I wish they would have done a little bit better. But of course this is a four pack of films and it's got Greenfish, Oasis, peppermint candy, and poetry. This is on the slip cover that is in that slip case. Really nice looking release. I am very eager to watch all these and this thing is heavy.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize that it was one of the thick boys like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is. Yeah, this is the outer slip case and then the slip cover on the inside with the book that goes right in there up against it. But yeah, this is a this is a thick release, nice heavy, very very substantial feeling release.
Speaker 3: That was on my top three of that month's releases for sure. And I think that the Wounded Vaughn sold out on their website right very quickly. Is that is that sold out? Or is that they usually do pretty high numbers film Movement's like over two thousand usually, right, So yeah, their stuff doesn't really sell out as quickly.
Speaker 2: This one showing just under a thousand left.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's I definitely want that. That Super Soul brother said yeah, because that's a Florida.
Speaker 2: Florida man said yeah, yeah, Lee Chang Dong was limited to two thousands, so yeah, they're they're shooting for the fences with those.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's cool. I did want to say, just everybody in the chat, thank you for saying hi to me, and stand the suit and the thumbnail. I don't have social media, so like when he was like, hey, can you send me a photo, I was like, I took that photo trying to be funny sex he send it to my girlfriend me and I got that suit for a wedding. I spent like six hundred dollars on this suit and but my friend helped me out with it. And I was like, I'm gonna use this like as much as I can. And I said that to him. But all so Josephine DeMarco also, I love seeing everything that she posts that she watches. That's always a highlight for sure, And thank you Stan, I appreciate it. I need to see that Netflix Texas chance.
Speaker 2: I'm asking, uh, what what have you been watching lately?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, yeah, let me get some more. I gotta just right, no, no, these aren't even pick ups. These are what I've been watching. Oh sweet, the pickups. I don't really have too much to share pick ups lately. I got the Mondo stuff and the Warrior trilogy and the the Max Peak Peak Is Collection, and I got Black Cat one and two and but like other than that, I haven't really gotten too many things.
Speaker 2: And honestly, good time to remind everybody since we won't have the show before next Thursday. Monto Micabre limited edition re orders next Thursday morning.
Speaker 3: I got a bad feeling about those quick.
Speaker 2: Day yep, yep, yep. Uh, that'll be a big one for a lot of people. You got three limited red case titles to pick up now Thursday, so don't forget about that, all right.
Speaker 3: Oh well, let me share with you this one might make you a little jealous. I don't know if you have this one. I know you're a big fan of these. This movie is so good. I want to buy it from my friend for Christmas, so if he ever sees this the same one that helped me get the suit, I want to get this one for Christmas. But I got it when it went on sale the thirty percent off. I'm like four to twenty or something earlier this year, and I wound up getting this in Chamelion Street. So I still haven't watch Chamelion Street, but I'm very excited to watch it. But this movie blew me away. Absolutely. There is some very bad animal cruelty, like some of the worst that I've ever seen, specifically a scene with a dog, and it is pretty bad, but it's it is very challenging to watch, and I think it's effective in what it does. But the movie is outstanding in the packaging is awesome. And they just announced another movie today, which is cool. Anytime we see them announcing stuff is always good.
Speaker 2: I did not get to post that one yet, so we won't be talking about that until next Thursday.
Speaker 3: But did you not post that yet?
Speaker 2: Not yet?
Speaker 3: Oh, I swear I saw it through you. You're usually who I see stuff from. I guess, I guess, I guess someone else, but uh yeah, and then I guess I would run through just these last four things I've watched. I watched Topaz, which could have been a movie that I could have talked about tonight because it's a school movie. Yeah, May Moore as a teacher in this movie. It's got Myrna loy in it, too good pre Code Tino, that's like one of the ones that was like five dollars, I get it before it goes right. And then the last three I'll talk about quickly here that I've watched, Hell Comes to frog Town. Holy shit, this movie is wi I was like, I was like, this would work as an anime. Oh, you're not an anime person, really, but this as an anime would rock people. It would have like high marks on every review site if they made an anime that just the sensibilities of it, you know, the way that people communicate with each other. I think that really worked that way. And then another one that could be talked about tonight Malibu High Love Them, which this movie cakes ass. I loved this a lot. And then the last thing I'll talk about that I watched lately was a really or actually two one that I have and the one that I saw in theaters, two of the biggest movies that were on my to watch list. This one was pretty high on there, but the next one is like, was like the number one movie that I needed to see. But I finally watched Blood and Black Lace. I watched it on a Thursday night at midnight and it was pouring down rain outside and it was it added to the atmosphere of this movie. This movie is so fucking cool. It's like from the opening credits where you got all the models and the annequins and everything. It's absolutely amazing. And the four K from here of course looks great. And then the last thing I want to talk about that I was able to see I actually saw in theaters for the one hundred year anniversary of Columbia. I was able to see Lawrence of Arabia on the big screen, and it was my first time seeing it too. Which it's definitely like that Gone with the Wind and The Lord of the Rings movies are probably like the top three movies that's ridiculous that I hadn't seen yet. But Lawrence of Arabia, I mean, I knew I'd like it, but it also exceeded all expectations. David Leeton's The man Bridge on the River KOI I liked a lot. Summertime was one of my favorite movies that I watched for the first time last year, and Lawrence of Arabia was just super special.
Speaker 2: It's epic in every sense of the word, every.
Speaker 3: Sense of the word. It's like four and a half hours and like it goes by very It's paced well and it was awesome. They had the overture play at the beginning and then they had an intermission at the intermission and we got to go re up on our soda and get some candy and go to the bathroom. And I was like, man, movies did this. I think it's perfect. I mean you make the people go back and buy more stuff that can make sense, right, So yeah, I really enjoyed more. It's a very abi And I gotta get the fore Kam from Sony now because I don't have that volume one box set.
Speaker 2: It is. It is a great looking for k I. I don't know how I've suddenly been able to keep up some theater watches. I usually have not been able to do that that much, But over this last week went and saw Alien Romulus in theater. Very divisive film. I am shocked at how many people are flat out not just man I didn't like this one, but are flat out this is an abomination to the Alien franchise. I thought Alien Romulus was pretty great. It had some great visuals. I loved how it tied into a lot of the lore from the series. It not that it like cleaned up storylines or anything, but they they you know, reached in and shared some things that were important with the first film. The only thing that I didn't like of course, is there this whole ai deep fake character that they leaned into in this movie. But everything else about it was pretty great, Very happy with the ending, especially very nice creepy creature at the end that they leaned into for some pretty amazing shots. I thought that they did really great. Fetti Alvarez is an incredible director. He directs the absolute hell out of this film. This week, I also saw Quiet Place Day one, the prequel, came out of this year. It was good. It's a good movie, but all I'll say is it's it just felt like every other Quiet Place movie. All three movies have been basically the exact same movie, just in a different location.
Speaker 3: I dug the first one. I saw it in theaters. I thought it was fun like that was like, I mean, I feel like we're still kind of in that string of like new generation horror movies like I always say, like Cabin in the Woods kind of started of this like new generation horror and I think, which is funny because that movie is fourteen years old now, but yeah, which is crazy. But I really dug that first one. Never saw the second one, the new one, but that's in theaters right now.
Speaker 2: No, I I got to see it at home. OK. But this last one is kind of an odd one. But this one was in theaters. As I revealed last week on the Show with my Wife, I went and saw the first Twilight film last time in a theater.
Speaker 3: That made me so happy. When you broke that on her, I was cheese and I was like, let's go.
Speaker 2: Man. That movie is, I gotta be fully honest, a god awful movie. There is nothing that makes sense in this movie, however entertaining beyond belief. I left so hard during that movie. I I don't know who that was made for. There were choices in that film that they well, I shouldn't even give them credit. I don't think they were choices. They were just like, let's I think, move the camera and see what happens. The amount of time that they could have cut out of this film just because they wanted people to move parts of their mouth and not say anything made zero sense. And for everybody that's seen that movie, what in the hell is that baseball scene?
Speaker 3: I've never seen it, so I don't know, but that sounds great.
Speaker 2: It's so bad and so entertaining. I do not regret it. I thought it was hilarious, very very glad that I could go through that with the wife and make her happy. It's the first time she's seen it in multiple years and it was my first time ever. So absolutely worth it.
Speaker 3: That's great. I'm still to this day, I only have seen I took my high school girlfriend the opening night of the last one. I just went into it completely blind.
Speaker 2: Way to dive into the deepense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was like because it was opening night and like both like whatever, seventeen or whatever, and this is I just filled with a whole bunch of seventeen year olds just screaming, going crazy. It was an experience, it was. It was I enjoyed it, but it was like what the hell is going on? Very like very soap opera visually more than you know. It kind of has like soap opera look to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody comes to the door and then they they lean hard on them for a reaction for no reason. It's just for the drama. Absolutely ridiculous. Yeh. But I do want to shout out, uh, support local cinema, support local rep theaters, art house theaters. I watched this in a local Kansas City theater called Screenland Armor, which is fantastic. It is an old timey style theater. They've got the Marquee out front. When you go inside this theater, they've got this giant curtain and then this giant robot that actually cranks to open the Yeah, it's just perfection. They put on rep screens that are amazing. This weekend they're putting on something called Cage Fight. It's five Nicholas Cage films back to back. It's it's that type of things that makes me want to be like living three doors away from this place and always supporting them. So I will absolutely be going back more and more.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. I will say that our last one here in Jacksonville just closed last month, which is so devastating, and it literally got ripped away from us, like within a month. It was just like, oh, we're gonna close. Yeah, Sunray Cinema here in Jacksonville, we had two. We had a San Marco Theater closed about three years ago, and then Sunray. The building that they're in. That area that they're in is like the like trendy hipster area and has been for the past twenty years, and like it's starting to become too popular and so couldn't afford to stay there anymore. So we're hoping that they open up somewhere else here in town. But as of right now, they're just closed. And now that that's gone, we don't have any local theater here. And they they did they did a some I guess local podcast or something called like Cauldron of Emotion or something that's some Nicholas Cage podcast. I guess that's local to Jacksonville or maybe I don't know. They they did a Nicholas Cage screening monthly and I got to see con Air. It is there like a year ago, which was real nice.
Speaker 2: But uh, here's one of the ones playing this weekend.
Speaker 3: By the way, Oh really, let's go gage. You're in Jacksonville. How does it feel that? Oh dude, I mean Limp Biscuit is like, that's like that is Jacksonville any If you listen to Limp Biscuit, that's what it sounds like in Jacksonville twenty four seven. Right, there's I don't know if he went to my high school, but his John Otto, who's the guitar player or yeah, guitar player or no drummer. His my dad went to school with his older brother, so like they are there. I mean they're they're a local. Actually, I don't know if y'all are familiar with moving to Jacksonville right now. The significant other album cover, you know, like the Guy whatever that, I actually just saw a huge mural of it panted outside of a building down the street from where I live, so I'll take a picture of it and boast it in the discords. I was like, dude, I'm so doing fun of the shoots there for every all my friends. But yeah, it's it's sick, but.
Speaker 2: It is both incredibly surprising and incredibly unsurprising at the same time.
Speaker 3: And I don't know, yeah, you know, I wish that they wrapped Jacksonville more than like people from Jacksonville will love them disco, but they like never I mean, he's known for wearing a red Yankees hat and like he never talks about it, and he never wears a Jaguar hat, like come on, bro, or like when we made it to the Jags made of the Playoffs a few years ago, I was like, man, they should get them to do the halftime show. And we got like Sean Kingston to do that, and I was like this is which was not as cool. And now he's in jail, and he you know, he sent you know, his song beautiful Girls. You know he said they'll have you suicidal. He doesn't say that anymore. He says they'll have you in denial.
Speaker 2: Oh good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they censored the they changed the way. Well, now he's in jail, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that guy was going then, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: But I wanted to say about sun Ray though. I guess this could go for recent watches and the last two things that I got to see there in August, I guess late July I saw Agro Drift there, which was awesome. I was plugged up. It was awesome. We had crushed like a whole case of White Claws before we left the house, and then when we got there, all by a bucket of beer, which is like five beers, and all had our own bucket of beer while we're watching it, and then we went out afterwards the next morning. It was bad, but uh, that was That was a lot of fun. And then the last movie I got to see there. Luckily, I've got to see so many cool things there, like Grey Gardens, Texas, Chainsaw one and two on thirty five millimeter doubles, future. Yeah, I've got I've got to see the Creature from Oh Let's go Creature from the Black Lagoon in three D, which is a Jacksonville amazing. Yeah, Jacksonville. I've got to see so many cool things. But the last thing that I got to see there, which is poetic, I got to see Beau Trevelle, which was wow, amazing way to go out because that movie it's probably the best movie that I've watched so far this year for the first time.
Speaker 2: Wow, Like what a way to ring in the end of the theater. That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was amazing. So RIP to Sunrise Cinema. They were great. Hopefully they reopened in the future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think it was a Craig earlier said, aren't Yeah, I thought RIP theaters were hip, like yes, but that also is the problem because a lot of people get turned away by the pricing, and some of these places are raising the rent that were screwed. I mean they're they're you know, hip areas of towns that have had theaters for decades and suddenly everyone around them is gentrified and they can't afford to exact rates.
Speaker 3: It's exactly what's happened here. It's like it's gonna all be taco spots and like golf simulator. That that was the rumor. I don't know if that's true. I think it's gonna actually, you know what, it is true. What's happening there now, it's actually going to turn into a music venue. That it was a music venue in the past. But this is this is not a good music video. A music venue has always failed in Jacksonville. Always happens. This is like you've probably heard of it before. There's like, I guess ten of them in the country. It's like a it's like a chain music venue. They're popular in like Nashville, and I think there's one in Kansas City actually, or Saint Louis. They are kind of in the Midwest, but they I don't want to say it's I mean, I guess it's like some kind of like not like a franchise or something, but like it's just like a it's like a chain of of music venues and so like they'll have like I think like two thousand seed like concert venue kind of size, so you'll get like it'll probably be like a bunch of like like the hawk to a girl when she starts her country and music career, Like that's where she'll perform at you know, like that, like that's gonna be head exactly, that's what it's gonna be, like Morgan wallin Junior.
Speaker 2: Like cover band.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's exactly what it's gonna be. So like it's not that cool, but and it's probably gonna fail just because that's how Jacksonville is.
Speaker 2: You know. And this is one of the reasons why I love you having you know, time to be on the show because we get into some of these random tangents. But but like I could talk about small music venues not being able to be supported in a way that we need in twenty twenty four, and it fucks me up. Like Kansas City had a place here called the Riot Room that was great. Like I saw bands that were popular like fifteen years ago in this room in the last four years and a great, you know, big sold out show and they only fit. Like it's an eight hundred cap room, so it's not huge, and it's got a nice bar. And then they also have a little outdoor venue outside too. But of course, about a year and a half ago or somewhere around then, it might have been slightly longer. Somebody was coming down the road and this road curves right at the Riot Room and a drunk driver ran through the wall and the whole place caught on fire burned down. Oh and now they're never going to replace it, of course, because they.
Speaker 3: Got the insurance money and got the fuck out of.
Speaker 2: There and they wanted the venue gone. So this was like win win win for everybody involved.
Speaker 3: Except now the people that live there that wanted a music video.
Speaker 2: Yep. And so, uh, you know, small indie bands that can't put out flyers in a town they don't live in and sell out a fifteen hundred cap room have almost nowhere to play in Kansas City. There's really not much else that is decent for like a very small band, and so now all these indie bands just have nowhere to go in Kansas City. If you look on a map, is the middle of fucking nowhere and there's nothing for hours. Uh, It's it's crazy what we don't have around here. But god, young bands have been so screwed over the years, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And most most most people skip out on Florida because it's so out of the way yep. So, like we already don't get anybody coming here anyways, Like we get very lucky, and if they do, they go to Orlando and Tampa, maybe Miami if they're if they're big enough, they can go to Miami. But like Orlando and Tampa, if they feel like coming down to Florida, I guess. But I mean usually bands stop at Atlanta because yep, that's about as far as they want to go, you know, because then you are getting up into Charlotte and you get up into the oh yeah, big city is up there. So but like, yeah, they very rarely come here.
Speaker 2: Everybody looks at Kansas City and they call it a flyover city. But the funny thing is they're a driver round city too. Like everybody goes way further north or way for their south, and that's it ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, at least you guys have Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: For now. Un So there's more drama and I guess Super Bowls and we.
Speaker 4: Won a world Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: It's so funny how you guys are the center of the world, but not at all very funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do have. We got some good theaters, like Craig just said in the in the chat, we got the Stray Cat Theater the plays deaf crocodile films every couple of months, screening armers here. They put on their Panic Fest once a year. It's great.
Speaker 3: Uh, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could be could be better though, Well maybe I.
Speaker 3: Come visit to you then I'll be able to go see some rap screenings, because I mean, at least we got Cinema playing Lawrence of ver Abia, which was cool. Just stuck to the Fathom events.
Speaker 2: Right U GK. Fan asking? Is the Granada Theater still in Lawrence, Kansas? Yes, it is as far as I'm aware. It is a place that I've been to I think three or four times. But yeah, that's a good hour fifteen minute drive for me. And it's town.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's gonna work there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, it works. It definitely works. Kansas City used to have five art theaters. Yep, We're we're down to basically like one and a half at this point. If Kansas City is a flyover city, what is okay? See? Then I mean, okay, see, at least gets some decent tours because it's closer to Texas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and aren't they about to have the tallest building in the United States.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: I think I saw some. I guess it's gonna be some huge apartment buildings on that out. I could be Oh, completely, that's very bizarre. They do have an NBA team, though, which is always shocking to me. I'm like, that's crazy. But the probably people probably think the same thing about us having an NFL team, which is insane. We're very lucky, that's true. That's true.
Speaker 2: All right, anything else about Norman or anything about you in the last six months that you want to bring up before we had to announcement.
Speaker 3: If they do, though, but I'll probably think of stuff on tangents future in the show about man. I mean, I'm just chilling. Norman's please come, anybody that wants to visit, please come and.
Speaker 2: Please we need visitors. Come to jackson.
Speaker 3: Anytime, anytime, Jacksonville. Come and hang out. We go get some seafood and hang out. Good time. We go to Jags game perfect.
Speaker 2: On that note, This last week we started out with a four K and Blu ray announcement from Synapse coming on December tenth of the block Island Sound. This is a film by the McManus brothers says, something terrifying is happening off the coast of Block Island. Strange forces thriving, influencing residents and wildlife alike. Birds are dropping out of the sky and fisher mysteriously washing up on shore. What is happening? This one has an audio commentary by the directors. We've got a bunch of featurettes on the and we've got a slipcover on the four K with new art from Joel Robinson. And yeah, I have not seen this one, heard good things. This is a fairly new one came out in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see it, says you saw it on Netflix. That's goal as a movie though, I'm sure. I mean, it wasn't a Netflix original, but it was on.
Speaker 2: Netflix, which certainly not.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That sounds cool. That's cool. I like seeing synaps, dude, like newer movies like this is fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. Next, we got a couple announcements out of Australia from via Vision. Just a reminder of Via Vision is the one that owns Imprint. Imprint is like a sub label of via Vision, so you can expect same level of quality, same packaging, stuff like that. These are both coming in October. Thirtieth on Blu Ray. This first one is the Mummy Collection. This one is gonna have the Mummy from nineteen thirty two, the Mummy's Hand from nineteen forty, the Mummies Toomb from forty two, the Mummies Ghost from forty four, The Mummies Curse from forty four, and a bunch of these. We got new commentaries by people like Tim Lucas, Tom Weaver for some pretty big names. Very very excited that these are getting a good release out of Australia. I'm glad people are gonna have a chance to get these. I'm kind of mystified that these weren't released previously down there, but I'm glad that they're getting a good release now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's really I mean, so the Mummy is the I guess that would be the only huge Universal like monster movie that I haven't seen yet. I've still never seen The Mummy, but I've seen all of I haven't seen The Phantom of the Opera either, the forties fandom of the opera, but I don't really.
Speaker 2: Can what's kind of separated, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Exactly, but I've so I saw that this year. Excuse me, Universal is doing the eight all in one because they did the four than the four, they're doing the eight all in one, and I never got the second box that has the Mummy in it, so I probably try to buy that eighth film set and just sell my smart volume one also save on shelf space. So but this this is cool that they're getting all.
Speaker 2: These in Blue Man, hopefully of the original. Which one of those are your favorite? I'm assuming Creature.
Speaker 3: Of the Original, Yeah, and so Creature obviously has very sentimental connections being filmed in Jacksonville, and that was one that I grew up watching with my dad a lot. But the ones that I the one that I rewatch the most is Dracula. Every Halloween. I always watch both the English and Spanish Dracula. I always because they're both an hour long, so they're very easy to watch, and so like I would like to say that those are probably my favorite because I think they have a lot of They're older too, obviously, creatures from the fifties. I like the thirties pre code stuff is always more fun to watch for me. Frankenstein is great too, but I would say Dracula, Creature or Tied for different.
Speaker 2: Reasons makes sense. I don't talk about it much. I adore The Invisible Man. I think that movie is way ahead of time.
Speaker 3: It is. I so the Mummy and The Invisible Man, we're like the last two that I need to see, not counting The Phantom. The Invisible Man I watched for the first time two or three years ago when when the when the four Ks that came out. It was my first time seeing The Invisible Man, surprisingly, and it is awesome.
Speaker 2: It's so good, hilarious, it's so fut like, so many fucking people die in that movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's he's just so angry. It's funny. It's so good. It's Oh my god. I had so much fun watching that. That was right my spooky season watching probably two years ago.
Speaker 2: Nice uh, speaking of funny. Uh. The other one coming from via Vision is the Abbot and Costello Horror Collection. This one's gonna have Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein, Meet the Killer Boris Karloff, Meet the Invisible Man, Meet Doctor Jackal and mister Hyde, Meet the Mummy. This is a great collection. This is why we had a lot of people post why isn't Meet the Mummy and the Mummy collections? Because they're putting out the other collection be weird put in both, so here it is you get both in. I'm sure these will be fairly cheap from via vision and you should be able to get it into orbit diabolic places like that.
Speaker 3: I love the coloring on the S box set too. I love the old school. I mean, art from the thirties and forties can't be beat unless the twenties. The twenties to the forties, I should say, that's all good stuff. But the the Abbot Costello movies, these were like staples of the my TV local antenna cables stuff. So I've I've seen almost all of these in bits and pieces throughout the years. I don't know if I've ever seen any of them from beginning to end. So I've seen like every part of all these just because they were always on TV.
Speaker 2: Well, and so many people, you know, look at these as like I don't know, punchlines. But these are actually like well made good movies. These are these are the pinnacle of their time for a lot for a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're great. I always enjoyed watching them. That's just like the perfect background movie for me. This stuff like exactly yeah, and all right, I was just want to say, Stan uzy to say, Dracula is kind of rough in my opinion, which like I hate having discussions about, like, uh, stuff like this because I completely get it, because like it's it's it's so impossible to show this movie Dracula to people, because it's to me. I love it. I love the transition from sound to or from from silent films to sound films. It's such an interesting time period where they haven't found out the syntax of how speaking on film works, and it works the best in Dracula because it's so awkward and weird, you know, like when he just.
Speaker 2: Like well and very stage too, yeah exactly, just very stage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and yeah exactly, his entrances and his just silence and his entrances, and yes, it's amazing. There's like those soundtrack it's just very quiet. You're just you just hear the hum of the optical track. I love it. I think it's I love that stuff. That's part of the reason why I like it so much.
Speaker 2: Next up is Crunchy Role, putting out a four K and blu ray steel book of one piece film Red. Not much of an anime guy myself, but I've heard that this is supposed to be great. I'm glad that people are gonna be able to get a release of this, and it's not super expensive from what I can tell. Yeah, this looks like a good release.
Speaker 3: He's a crunchy roll anime, sad. So they're putting these out left and right now, they sure are. It's cool. I like, I'm down. I would like to get a lot of stuff from Disco Tech because they put out like a lot of anime from like the seventies and yep, many series animes you know where it's like only eight episodes, stuff like that that looks really cool, souff.
Speaker 2: That you couldn't see for a long time too.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly, And it seems like they do a pretty good, pretty good job.
Speaker 2: Craig says when they restore Dracula a few years back, I was lucky enough to see a screening of it and a woman who was in the film was there. She was helped up to the stage and talked about what she remembered.
Speaker 3: Damn, that is great, that is awesome.
Speaker 2: She was one hundred and two amazing.
Speaker 3: That's insane. That is so cool.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, uh, we'll talk about that later next up coming on October eight. All I said. Ways to support Disconnected go go on the Patreon link in the description below, change your Amazon bookmark. Come on the show if you ever want let me know. By the Physical Media Advocates, I feel like this issue just came out, but we're already.
Speaker 3: I have mine. I should have grabbed it.
Speaker 2: We're already We're already putting out issue twelve in nine days.
Speaker 3: So the Physical Media Advocate ten out of ten. I love it, dude. I was like so hyped when I opened it up. My first one was Issue ten was the.
Speaker 2: Uh that's a crazy one to start on. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, this is so cool. Yeah, the word search and the crossword puzzle, and I was like, this is this is awesome. I had so much fun just reading through the day that it came in the mail too. I watched Stalker and Devil in the Blue Dress for the first time. Damn, I know. I had a great day that day.
Speaker 2: That was awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, double the Blue Dress. By the way. Also Fire Movie. I was saying, that's like if the Coen Brothers directed a rock star game. Yeah, it's so crazy. It's so much fun. But yeah, you're your Physical media advocate is so cool. This is the best YouTube channel I know. I saw Jared t out you off the other day too. I thought that's what this was going to be about, was about that. But you by far the best physical media related anything on the Internet. You're the man. You're turning into a mobile. You have like twenty thousand podcasts now they're all kick at Your community is great. Everybody's super cool. The discord. If you're not in it, your trip and you got to get in it. It's so much fun. You really are the man, and thank you for helping everybody and letting people like silly old me to be on your show. It's ridiculous, but thank you.
Speaker 2: And that's the show. Thanks Cage, Mandy, you.
Speaker 3: Really are you man. I hope it. You need to be told that every day.
Speaker 2: You're the man. I I don't know what to say. There's there's a lot going on the Jared thing. I didn't know if I was gonna bring it up tonight, but I guess I probably should at least for a moment, because it kind of was a pretty hefty part of this week for a handful of people, and I got so many messages asking for like drama. Uh yeah, Ellen, if you want to join the discord, check out Patreon, dot com, slash disconnected, and we'd love to have you looking at the post from Jared for everybody that doesn't know Jared Honor from Anto Micabreau made up post and essentially said, I've been thinking about this a long time. I want to get something off my chest, and then went through this long die tribe on why people should not be following another physical media channel that shares not channel I guess, but another account that shares all the announcements. And he was talking about don of the Discs and normally I'm not gonna say anything like that about any other channel, but literally, just going off of what Jared said.
Speaker 3: You're too cool, and that's what I'm saying. You're too cool like it, don't You're just the ship. I love you. I love your attitude about all this. That's the way. That's what makes you the man, Like you know, I mean, you're just you're You're too cool for it. It's all I like, Donal the disk is whatever. Like I follow it too, I mean I always have. But like you're you're two different things. You're you are the man, and like there's no reason for you to even be involved with anything. You know, I don't understand why there's any drama about it.
Speaker 2: Uh. Jared was basically saying everybody needs to stop following down on the Discs and follow disconnected and said he called me out, he posted the logo and everything and U. He pointed out that Donald the Discs has been I mean, I don't know how many people have been around for this long, but Dona the Discs has been sent cease and desist letters from labels because they posted stuff early, because they found it on retail sites. Dona the Discs post leaks. Andrew from Severn popped into the comments and uh he he said, yeah, we've we've purposely fed Dona the Disc's wrong information and pulled him out and made him delete it.
Speaker 3: Andrew is a man too. I would love to be able to talk to him. He's probably like my number one guy. I would like to just sit down and have a beer with and just shoot the ship. That's so funny that he did that. That's awesome, it's so perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was. There was a lot of stuff that that went down in the the comments of that. A lot of people defending on the disc A lot of people defending me and giving me props, but all of it just to say there's a reason I do things the way that I do. And that's really all I wanted to highlight is I wait for every one of these labels to post their announcements. That way, I don't steal their thunder. I will never post leaks. I try to verify every single thing I post first. I mean a couple of weeks ago, we just finally talked about a nightmare on Elm Street four K because we never had any information or art for months, and every other YouTuber on the planet had covered it. I'm not gonna sit here and speculate over something that we know nothing about, even though I've seen the four K restoration. I saw it in the theater.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but there's no reason to talk about it either. We all see it, you know, like.
Speaker 2: It's so dumb, Like we don't need to have a circle jerk over that same thing. But yeah, that's uh, that was the whole thing with Jared. I know some people were gonna want me to say something, but that's all it was. Yeah, let's uh, let's continue the rest of the announcements. Ye ze Bam is right, Yeah, there's always more drama about disc Father and fucking the President of Physical Media than done on the disc. That guy's an awful person.
Speaker 3: I don't even and I had never followed him, and I've heard randomly. Does he like pop He like pops up and disappears and stuff. Right, I don't even even really know much about him.
Speaker 2: He has changed his name three times. Originally he was called Geek Gab and then he changed his name to the disc Father, and now he's the President of Physical Media. And he changes his name when he gets caught lying about something or when he attacks somebody too hard. He has literally gone on and he docked somebody's two year old daughter and was Internet bullying this person, And yet directors of major Hollywood films are following this person because he posts fake leaks about four K titles coming.
Speaker 3: James James Cameron's a huge fan.
Speaker 2: No, there's not an a AI.
Speaker 3: He's like, yeah, you get these fucking nerds.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's get back to the announcements. October eighth, Blu Ray from Keno. They're putting out Young Blood from eighty six with Rob Losynthia Gibb and Patrick Swayzee and Up the Creek from nineteen eighty four. These are both reissues Up the Creek. It's the exact same disc, it just got a slipcover. Kind of crazy. The Young Blood it's the same transfer as the twenty nineteen release, but it got excuse me, gotting coded slightly higher, so it might look slightly better, but it also got a slipcover. Frank Tarzi has basically come out to say people are not buying our discs unless they have a slipcover, so we're reissuing a lot of them, which is crazy.
Speaker 3: Which but I will say that they do. Most of them do have subtitles added on which didn't have subtitles on before, which is huge for a lot of people. Slipcovers are cool and my bisexual lighting then I got going on, thank you, thank you, but and then also they usually move them to fifty gigabyte discs, which is cool. So yep, and at least they're at least they're out there too, which is cool.
Speaker 2: Still a lot of print.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I would like to have both of these. They both be fun, especially the other one up up the Creek.
Speaker 2: I love this cover.
Speaker 3: That's a great cover. Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: All right, Oh man, we're gonna talk about film noir for like the next four minutes. There's a lot going on here. Dark Excited to Cinema twenty two. We got some details on this that's coming on the fifteenth of October. We got an audio commentary for The Enforcer in The Scarlet Hour by Alan k Rhad, audio commentary on Plunder Road by Jeremy Arnold. And only one of these is getting a trailer. But I know you like some of these, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I you know I've never owned any of these. I need to. I need to start getting some of these because I love film noir. I actually have the Columbia Volume one two. No, I'm missing two from Indicator. I have one I think three and four maybe I don't know. I can't remember, but I have a handful of those, and I have the Universal Volume one, which is nice. These I need to get, and I know, I don't think there's any crossover between them, because I think these are mostly Paramount Universal owned Paramount titles, which is cool. So I mean twenty two of them, now, that's pretty impressive. And I see that a couple of these that got announced. I think I have knew these. I see this as new twenty one and twenty two four K scans, which is good. So they got great yes, And then Alan k Roady is one of the best. He's one of my He's one of the very few people that I watch commentaries for. He's Yeah, he is awesome because he's like, uh, like Golden age Hollywood stuff. He's always on the old stuff. So like his stuff on the war anytime you see one of his on the Warner archived discs of like I think he's on Doctor X and Mystery of the Wax Museum. Those are both great commentaries. And both those movies are so short that it's easy to watch those commentaries. So he's the good I need to get sold release. Yeah, yeah, this is great. And this has some freebo grid.
Speaker 2: Isn't it? So it does? And Nat King Cole and Michael oh oh.
Speaker 3: We actually have a I'll take a photo of pust this in the discord too. We actually have a framed photo of Nat King Cole in our living room.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's the man. My girlfriend loves him. His Christmas album is probably her favorite album.
Speaker 2: Well, if that wasn't enough, how about film noir The Dark Side of Something twenty three.
Speaker 3: Two? I thought you're gonna do twenty two and twenty one. Let's go this one.
Speaker 2: We don't know when it's coming, but again brand new twenty nineteen to twenty twenty two HD scans by Paramount. They're all four K scans. We got Rope of Sand from forty nine with Burt Lancaster, Peter Lorie Kiss, Tomorrow Goodbye from nineteen fifty with James Cagney on that one, and then Never Love a Stranger from fifty eight. That one's got John Drew, Barrymore and Steve McQueen.
Speaker 3: Let's go. That's an all star started three, and then Rope of Sand. I think just had a Umbrella released too.
Speaker 2: I think I believe it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which that's I I like umbrella. I just don't own anything because I know eventually it'll come through Keno or somebody over here.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's really cool. Those are all great. James Cagney awesome.
Speaker 2: And good looking. Said, I do want to point out, considering we're twenty three sets deep in here, if you've never checked these out let, let let your definition in the war get a little loosey goosey, yes, because Keno certainly.
Speaker 3: Has which I mean it's it is understandable too. It's a it's a very uh it's not a genre. I was. I was just having my good friend Adam, which I need to send him the link to this so you can start watching right now, because I got him into collecting discs a couple couple about a year ago. But him and I, he texted me the other day forget what movie it was, but he asked me like, is he you know what it was? He asked me if neo noir was a real genre or if that was just some bullshit like tagline that people had. And then I was like, well, technically noir is not a real genre. It depends on how you know, It depends on how you want to break all this stuff down. So yeah, yeah noir. I mean, what is film noir? Twenty three of them just from the single studio, they're just I mean, you could just put a crime film in it and call it film noir, I guess is what they're doing at this point.
Speaker 2: But as long as it's criming black and white, it's the girl in the gun, right. So we got some questions on these stands. Says anybody you know what the prints are like in these sets. I mean they look pretty good. Uh, most of the ones, especially if they've gotten brand new HD scans the last five years. They're good enough for standalone releases, they just wouldn't sell, And so you put them together in a set in a box and collectors will go crazy for him.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and you can. You can kind of like I mean, you probably do because you and I have watched so many movies from different places, Like you know what a Universal two K scan looks like versus what like a Warner brother does Warner Brothers does for their Warner Archive releases. You know, they kind of have this specific look to them. They're they're all pretty pretty usually pretty good, but I mean some of them have dated. But a lot of this stuff that they've been doing for these new boxes, there are are newer scans.
Speaker 2: Which is cool. So uh then simmoners asking, here's a question fifty to one hundred years from now, what's the type of movie or series that you think Keno or a Keino style label would put out that would be like this.
Speaker 3: That is a great question, I guess, you know, you know, earlier we were talking about like the whatever we're calling this, like Newsion horror. Uh like like I'll put like like a cabin in the woods, like get out, uh, don't breathe, like a quiet place like this kind of like trendy cerebral horror kind of you know, like whatever like this like trendy thing is like that. I feel like will be the future noir. Like people will look back at that time period and be like, you know, in the twenty tens and twenties twenties, there was all these great horror movies coming out that way, but like the specific kind of like like educated horror. I guess right, it's for lack of a better.
Speaker 2: Word, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, very low budget found footage horror could absolutely be supported like that because there are ten or twelve every single year that are just not good. Yeah, and they all look very very similar, and yeah, you could absolutely put out twenty three of those boxes.
Speaker 3: Twenty two Seth Rogan, James Franco Box Sense.
Speaker 2: All the covers are just identical.
Speaker 3: Real quick, I will say about that. You know, you remember back when like Pineapple Express came out right and everybody wanted a second one, and then they did this is the end too, and they were like, this is the closest you're going to get to a Pineapple Express too, because like we're all so big now, and like we're all so busy, and like all the contracts would be so much money. Like they could do a Pineapple Express too.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, they could do it, absolutely, and they would make a lot of money.
Speaker 3: It would kill Yeah, it would be funny too. I'm sure it'd be great.
Speaker 2: Spaghetti says whoever takes over the distrial rights to Full Moon. That's funny, oh man, all right? Going on from film noir to film noir. I I just wanted to let that sit in and make people realize we still have another one twenty eighteen to twenty one. Four case scans on these Union Station from nineteen fifty with William Holden and Nancy Jennifer, from fifty three with the One and Only Ida Lupino, and then the Crooked Circle from nineteen fifty seven. Yet yet another thing, exact same thing that we could say.
Speaker 3: Nineteen fifty seven like getting late for true noir. Right, but yeah, it's called Crooked Circle. That's a mair ass title. I mean, I've never seen this, I can I can't.
Speaker 2: Say any but it's a post neo noir realism here. Yeah, all right, dude, it's cool exactly now that we're away from Noir. September third on Blu Ray from Universal Belgravia the next chapter. This is something that I'd never heard of, and I guess this is a spinoff of the original And yeah, this is from the creators of Downton Abbey and The Gilded Age. You can check this one out on Blue Red.
Speaker 3: Two things about that, my girlfriend would probably like it and two mgm plus original series. That's the first I've seen that used on a Blu Ray desk, which is good to see that Amazon's staying staying in the game. That's cool.
Speaker 2: Also, hell of a top hat, amazing. We were Soldiers from.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize faceless like stoic, but like that's.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, that looks like he just came out of the came out of a little train and it.
Speaker 3: Looks like the who's the puppy Walter?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they let his mouth be like that on the cover. We were Soldiers from two thousand and two, getting a four K release from Paramount on November fifth. This is mel Gibson vehicle. Obviously that he is the main driving force behind that. However, I figured it was probably time to mention the Paramount news that has been being passed around this week. Did you read up on any of that.
Speaker 3: I did. I read about it. I think that it makes sense, and I think that I think it would be okay. I think this just makes sense for what's happening there, Like there's gonna be a bottleneck kink that could potentially get better as time goes on. Yeah, just because that happens anytime something like this happened, So it's like inevitable that it was going to happen, and I think that eventually, I think there are I like sky Dance being the owners of Paramount. Now, yeah, that's probably the best case scenario with anything that was going to happen there. But you may have a little bit more news on it, like I guess the news of like current people that had licenses not hearing back from Paramount. Now that's scary. Hopefully that all figures itself out though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so big big hats off to the digital bits. Always great information. Bill hunt over there is somebody that has tons of contacts in the industry and all that. So essentially word is getting to him that there are a lot of people that have been working with Paramount. They were suddenly just facing a complete freeze on new licensing from Paramount, which is not normal. People remember pre oh, I don't know, twenty twenty, Yeah says.
Speaker 3: Before twenty twenty it was like no Paramount stuff ever, and they.
Speaker 2: Really Paramount did nothing, yeah, at all. And then Imprint really seemed to be the ones that greased the doors on this. And Paramount has been doing a lot to get out there allow people to license their back catalog, and the Digital Bits came out with some coverage that said they sent out some inquiries to sources in the industry and as it looks now, based on the recent sale of everything, they reduced their US based workforce by about fifteen percent and based on that a lot was going to be impacted. And so looking at home video, they are saying that there may be a month's long drought in Paramounts Blu Ray DVD four K disc products, not just from the studio but also from deep you know, back catalog licensing, which is not great. A lot of these companies, Imprint, Vinegar, Syndrome, Travisionion, a lot of these companies have been doing some paramount stuff, so that that could be a big disruption. But the other big thing is they are saying potentially, like you don't get something on the first wave of releases, it might not get a reprint for a few months because it will be stuck in this So there's a lot of paramount stuff that we're talking.
Speaker 3: That's like in and out of stock, you know, to get that.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of paramount titles we're talking about tonight. And if it's something that's one of your favorites, I mean I'm not gonna like say, hey, you should buy this immediately, because I would never say that. However, if it's one of your favorites and you want it, you may want to pre order it. And also you may want to pre order it from two places and just be prepared to cancel one one the other one ships.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly. Not don't pre order from Amazon and think you're safe, because you're not safe. I never preordered anything from Amazon. No.
Speaker 2: And not only will it be damaged, you just may never get it.
Speaker 3: You'll never get it. Yeah, I'd say it won't even be damaged because you'll never get it. Yeah, exactly. Go to, you know, the sources we all go to.
Speaker 2: So this is the first big one tonight. If this is a bad one to say this, but if you're a big mel Gibson, oh, I couldn't even say it without laughing. If you're an never mind, I don't need to make that kind of a joke.
Speaker 5: If anti semites that yes, if you're an anti said bight, and you really want this movie, by it now and make sure you use my affiliately.
Speaker 3: I do want to see this just because I know that this was a big movie at that time. Like I remember, like this two thousand and two would have been seven six eight seven eight years old, so like this is like my earliest memories of going to Blockbuster is like going in there and seeing this being like all over the place, so like to me, and I just remember this being on TV a lot. So this is a movie I'd like to see.
Speaker 2: Well, and this was before mill was out of everybody's good graces. He was still very respected by a lot of people. Yeah, yeah, check out We Were Soldiers if you want to watch it. November fifth, four k from Paramount. This one is kind I'm surprising. October fifteen, Stony Putting out the Crown, the complete series. This is going to be, uh all six seasons, and it says I still can't believe they actually took the time to write this out all six seasons of the award winning show on h D Blu Ray with over one hundred minutes of special features. One hundred minutes.
Speaker 6: That's like, yeah, exactly, yeah thees I mean, because what's funny is that like it I'm gonna say that it's probably actually is cool because it's probably like they saw it as probably like, wow, we got.
Speaker 3: Ten different like little things, and then we got four like other things, and then seven and that's a lot. Let's just put one hundred minutes. But like not thinking that, you know, I don't think that way because if they would have said we got twelve special features, that'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, oh that's a lot, that's good, but they're each only four minutes. It would just features. Yeah, yeah, obviously this is cool for a lot of people that love this. This was a I think this was a co production, so it was technically a Netflix original but also a Sony Pictures original, and so based on that, there's something different in the contract and they're able to put this out in physical media. This is gonna be a lot of discs. Obviously, they had put this out previously, so this isn't truly a surprise. But if you've got the other ones, the first five seasons, they are doing a standalone release of the sixth season that will be available on September tenth, but the whole complete series will not be out until October fifteenth, and again a lot of discs be prepared. Packaging on these things generally not that great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's it looks nice.
Speaker 2: I mean from this it does.
Speaker 3: They did a good job of the artwork and everything out here. It looks cool. And they've they've been doing more of these, like like the Three Stooges set, you know, these big like multi multi disc sets like this. So that's cool to see that Sony is like really doubling down on this and now hopefully similar to the Paramount thing like with time. You know, maybe this kink, maybe maybe this causes sky Dance to look at Paramount and be like, there's a lot of negative press coming out about the way that our four discs, four K disc looks. How do we change that? You know, maybe that maybe that's what they need is to stop and you know, regain their footing and do better, and maybe hopefully we see stuff like this from Disney with Sony in the next in twenty twenty five, you know, with their whatever their deal is.
Speaker 2: The whole problem with that deal, though, is the the only the only aspect of the deal that was different was Sony was going to manufacture their discs din he was still making the choices of what to put out, and so somebody just needs a light of fire under Disney. See, let's just do a couple.
Speaker 3: Let's just do it. That's all they need to say. Look, we know that Halloween Town looks as you know, SD or whatever, but if we put all of them all on a fork or a Blu Ray disc together, it will sell. You put all whatever four Halloween Time movies on one, it will probably be the top seller of the year.
Speaker 2: You have the entire Disney and Fox catalog to reference, and you say, put out with all four all week do movies.
Speaker 3: That's what people want.
Speaker 2: Man, oh man, I am so happy you're here, Gig, thank you, Let's go. Oh.
Speaker 3: I love this what I felt dirty reading the necklace the other day. I didn't see the poster.
Speaker 2: I saw the I saw you.
Speaker 3: Up. I saw the Blu ray dot com forum like post for this and just saw the name of it, and I was like, what is that movie? And then I was like, oh Raccoon Okay. Interesting.
Speaker 2: So scream Box and Bloody Disgusting put out a movie called say It Krack Coon from twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: U was perfectly a great job.
Speaker 2: This is obviously to ride on the Cocaine Bear coattails. Hilariously. This is coming on Blu Ray on October twenty ninth, and I I don't even know what to say anymore, Like we are getting a collector's edition Blu Ray release of a streaming only title called Krakcoon.
Speaker 3: You didn't say it as good that time. The first time was good. You're you're separating those two words a little too much. Crackcoon. There you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is weird. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I still haven't seen Cocaine Bear, so I can't watch good watch this yet. I mean, I mean when you first see the title, you're like, okay, like that would have been fun in twenty ten. Yeah, you know, like, oh, so we're eating weird your GK fan one disc? What about compression issues? Then I mean, if Sony was real, they'd do four discs. But come on, we gotta we gotta be real about this.
Speaker 2: Aaron says he can't wait for Heroin Squirrel.
Speaker 3: Also sounds good and less less. Uh damnble name. I must see cocaine better I would like to see And there is a four k of it. Now. I remember being like that that would be one I get on. That would be one that I'll get at best Buy on Black Friday. But then I think the last Black Friday it was still only out on Blu Ray. And now best people wants anymore, so now probably never.
Speaker 2: So I apologize in advance. But because somebody said the word heroin Squirrel, all I could think about was why don't we think of something better that makes sense with the word heroin? And all I could think of was heroinside out three And it's just people being emotional on dry.
Speaker 3: Bro. You could film that movie in Jackson.
Speaker 2: That'll be good Jackson in front of the mural of.
Speaker 3: Athough it's just opioids, not like real pills. Yeah, Heroin Caroe Si, that was good.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I felt uh depressed the moment I said that.
Speaker 3: Which I love the first one I have not seen the second one yet.
Speaker 2: It's very good.
Speaker 3: I just imagine great first one is like a one I.
Speaker 2: Loved Fentanyl Faeries.
Speaker 3: That's the Jacksonville movie for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that is a great title. Uh all right, so this one's interesting.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: September seventeenth, Film Chest Media Group, who I had literally never heard of before the other day is putting out The Great Escape to the Untold story from nineteen eighty eight with Christopher Reeve, Judd Hirshod and Donald Pleasants.
Speaker 3: Let's me go, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: How there's a Great Escape sequel from nineteen eighty eight and this is a two parts.
Speaker 3: He's never heard of it. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Hitting the Blu ray release, that's sick.
Speaker 3: And you know what it reminds me of is after my friend and I went and saw Lawrence of Arabia started at seven, so I want to say, we got out of the theater around midnight. We went to like the local sports bar and had a few beers afterwards, and I got home and I was dying on the couch because I had had beer and burger. I had went to McDonald's and got burgers, and I was like dying. I felt like my stomach was going to explode. And I'm sitting there and it's like three am, and he texts me there there's a movie made for television movie called Lawrence after Arabia and it stars, uh, somebody from Harry Potter, somebody one of the Harry Potter guys. I can't remember, but yeah, and it's from like nineteen ninety two. Like it's like Ralph Phineas or something like that I think stars in it. But yeah, he plays Lawrence and I guess it's like about his political career after World War One or something like that. But that reminds me of this. So if The Greate Escape two can be released, and it was a TV movie, the Lawrence after Arabia, so if they're doing this two part series, maybe they can do Lawrence after Arabia next.
Speaker 2: I think if you had said they did Lawrence after Arabia it stars and then gave me one hundred chances to answer what you were gonna say next, I never would have said someone from Harry Potter.
Speaker 3: That's funny. Yeah, it was pretty pretty, pretty wild look and it looks cool, but yeah, no, I didn't see I saw that you post this the other day, and I did and see that it was called The Great Escape Too.
Speaker 2: That's I just love that they got Ed O'Neal and Freddie Mercury to make a movie too. Damn.
Speaker 3: I can like imagine that in my head. That would be great. They would have such a great chemistry bouncing off of each other.
Speaker 2: Oh man, man, what's going on? Brian just went I wanted to I want.
Speaker 3: To see that too. Man. It's so hard to catch new movies though, Dude, they're they're gone in like eight days.
Speaker 2: Bring me the second Head of Alfredo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great. Escape Too is like a joke. That would be like saying, like Citizen Game two or something like that. Just sounds funny.
Speaker 2: For the rest of the show. Funniest sequel titles in the they Yes, we will pause and read off every single Bring me the Head of Alfredo Garcia again is pretty damn great.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, give me a head.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Bring me the Head of Alfredo Garcia for nefarious reasons, Yeah, no question.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Keino putting out stuff exactly made for Gage, coming out October twenty ninth on Blue as part of their Kino Classics line. A double feature of Heidi ho and Boarding House Blues from nineteen forty seven and forty eight. This is of course with Cab Callaway. We've got some introductions from some historians in here, some soundies and musical shorts, lots of stuff on this disc. This looks like a pretty great release. And four K restorations from the ocens. That's pretty red.
Speaker 3: That's sick. The Library of Congress is so awesome. Anytime I've had the opportunity to talk to anybody from there, hear any of them talk about stuff, it's it's always it's always great. There are such great people, and this is so cool that they're doing this. That's where the the Flying Ace materials are held at the Library of Congress, the one Norman Studios film that exists, and they hold the fragment of Regeneration that survives too, and they did the restoration for that and Richard Norman's first short film, Sleepy Sam the Sleuth that we debuted last year. They were able to do the digital restoration for that as well for us last year. So they're they're they're awesome, and it's so cool that Keino does these Library of Congress sets like this is awesome. This is going to be sick Cap Galloway. I mean, even if you don't know who he is, you have seen a lot of stuff influenced by him. Like he's like, uh like notorious, you know, like not notorious. I guess not a good word to use, but like he's like his dancing and singing style has been like reverberated through cartoons and uh, you know stuff that we grew up even in the night and two thousand stuff still was influenced by him. So this is cool that we're getting two films from in four K Restorations is like cake ass. When I saw this the other day, I was like, this is gonna be one of the rare times I pre order a nice Yeah.
Speaker 2: Brian's first sequels he's thinking of, is it's still following? And then part three it won't stop following.
Speaker 3: I still never saw the phone. Well, I guess is he trying to.
Speaker 2: Say it follows follows?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah, that's why I still have not seen that, and that just.
Speaker 2: Gets a second sight, right, it did get a second sight, but that right around then they also announced they're actually.
Speaker 3: Doing it equal yeah to electric boogloo.
Speaker 2: I don't think electric.
Speaker 3: No checking, that's bad. He said he'll leave, so you.
Speaker 2: Don't have to think about the seventh sense I see live people.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. That you had you had Chris on was it was it in the on your show or was it on the Mando where he kept making No, it was on here. You just had Chris from the film where he's mate. He kept making the jokes of like the fifth and the.
Speaker 2: Sixth all right. Next from Keno, catching up to Eureka a little bit. The Cabinet of Doctor Calgary coming on four K as part of the Keno Classics lines on October twenty second, looks like no new extras and uh missing quite a few compared to the Eureka. So still recommend that Eureka.
Speaker 3: I have the Eureka four K, and I have the Cabinet of Doctor Calgary Keno. Oh thank you, Sam. I really appreciate that knowledge. Whatever is not epic, but it truly is. It's not that impressive. But I do have the Quenu Blu ray of the Cabinet of Doctor Calgary, so I have all these special features, and I have the four K discs. So maybe one day, if it's like fairly priced and have access cash, I'd get this too, because it does have the DJ Spooky, which is definitely a cool way to watch this movie. So if you don't have the Eureka or you're not, you don't care and you will get it. Clec Reck Warner, that's a good job.
Speaker 2: That might be Tangerine.
Speaker 3: That might be my favorite one.
Speaker 2: Oh man, this is freaking great. October fifteenth, Keno's releasing The Classic Ghosts as part of their Keno Cult line. This is from nineteen seventy three, and this is virtually unseen since their late night airings on ABC TV in nineteen seventy three. The Classic ghost is a series of five feature length teleplays shot live on videotape in the style of daytime dramas and meticulously restored by the UCLA Film and Television Archive. And beyond that, they've got some interviews on here. They've got but demonstration of second video technology featuring David Crossway. Susans Randon's in one of these, Like this is a really really interesting idea. I'm glad they're doing some more made for TV stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it seemed like from what you heard from Frank Tarzi and anybody else, it seems like everybody like three years ago, was like, gonna start doing the TV made for TV stuff, and it seems like they've all been like, yeah, we're not going to do that anymore. So seeing this is really cool.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Hopefully it inspires them to do some more because I think this one will sell well.
Speaker 3: I do too, and I think putting it in the Keynote cult line smart and everything about it is smart. I think they did a killer job. I still have not got any other Keynote cults I would like to. This should be the first one that I say fuck it and start collecting and not worrying about slipcoars.
Speaker 2: Well, and speaking of that, the art on this one is specifically great. Like the fact that it's made for TV, it serves well for this.
Speaker 3: I love this. I love the way those looks.
Speaker 2: So Spaghetti, says Sophie's other choice Oho and Pat Garrett and Billy the Dad.
Speaker 3: Crawford Orange is still the best one, so.
Speaker 2: Helen Mirren in Hussey coming to the coult line on October eighth. Great looking cover on this one as well. This one's got an audio commentary by the one and only Cat Ellinger and a trailer on this This had previously if I remember, right, gotten a Twilight Time release back in the day. I think sounds right, and that one, of course, has been out of print for quite some time. So the fact that this is coming back out, it's it's a nice change. The Twilight Time release was one of the newer ones. It came out in twenty nineteen, so even then it still sold out fairly quickly because they always did. But yeah, glad this will be there for everyone now. Yeah, hella Miron like one of the best of all time.
Speaker 3: So and a quino culto.
Speaker 2: Cool. Yeah, and it's a well known movie.
Speaker 3: So yes, yes, exactly, that's really cool.
Speaker 2: Chris pointing out it's got a better indicator release, Yes it does.
Speaker 3: Okay, does this have an indicator release? That's crazy.
Speaker 2: I believe it does.
Speaker 3: Usually I remember stuff like that. That's cool. Indicator does. They're the best. I love them right.
Speaker 2: They came out in September of twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: Okay, cool, that's awesome. Yeah, I definitely want to get some of these Keno cults. And who for speaking of Twilight Time, Sorry another tangent. I know you probably remember this. Somebody just announced that they are re putting out the movie Dick from the nineteen Oh that is Sampiper is doing that, Okay, because I know they did. They've done a few of the Twilight Time.
Speaker 2: Stuff, so Twilight Time screen Factory titles Olive. Yeah, they've done quite a few.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I really want that Moby Dick for its unique look that has that crazy like bleached film stock look or whatever that makes it look like oil painting or whatever. It looks really cool. So I definitely want to get down. I missed out on all. I don't have any Twilight Times.
Speaker 2: Why are you locked to Region A then all that is made? You know?
Speaker 3: I actually surprisingly shocking. It just became region free last December. I remember you're saying, yeah, that's crazy that I waited. I owned several region beat discs, and some that had been out of print for a long time, like read like the Columbia Noir Volume one. It'd be Daddy Driver. Okay, that's my.
Speaker 2: Okay, So my pitch for Baby Daddy Driver is literally Adam Sandler running a heist to steal Kevin Spacey's money.
Speaker 3: Oh that sounds like like that. Damn that's fire.
Speaker 2: All right, enough about that one. Speaking of indicator, we got some indicator announcements November eighteenth. They are releasing Prior and Wilder is a box set with Stir Crazy, See No Evil, Here No Evil, and another You. This is coming on November eighteenth in the UK only. This will not be coming in the US. One or two of these have already had releases here in the US, and I think one of them has no release in the US, but it was only released in Australia.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, another You I'd never even heard of. I don't I didn't know that movie. But Stir Crazy and you know you See No Evil Here No Evil are like stables of staying home from school and then being on some television channel.
Speaker 2: So he's ron T and T a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen both of those. But another You I'd never seen before, and it's it's the later latest one, right, it's from like ninety or.
Speaker 2: Something ninety one.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, yeah, box that one I had never heard of before. So that's cool that this is getting a set, and Indicator kills it. Their box are is the best, but this one. I have to believe that Stare Crazy and See No Evil, Hear No Evil get a four K. I really believe that as well, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wasn't gonna say, you know, this will definitely happen, but I think the odds are very high that at least the two bigger ones from this set are probably gonna get a four K. I would imagine, like, you know, it was the perfect obvious choice there there.
Speaker 3: You are, or like even like if shouts select maybe or something like that.
Speaker 2: Uh, blade walking, I was picturing.
Speaker 3: Walking.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this joke was meant because of this, but uh, four brothers becoming three brothers in the past. Yeah, that's good spaghetti. I don't know if you saw they just announced Toy Story five, not just Toy Story four. Did you see t.
Speaker 3: Pains post about that? I saw that reddits. I guess like t Pain posted like the kid that's like looking at the highpad was like watching like Booty Shaken videos or whatever, and those plain t Pain music.
Speaker 2: On this box set. Lots of stuff, lots of new commentaries and all these we got a bunch of making us and then of course they have one hundred page book coming on this with a bunch of new essays. If you are a big fan of these movies, these will likely not get a better physical presentation. Sure, they might come on UHD later, but it'll likely not be with this much respect. So if you really love either one of these people or these films, I recommend this one. But of course it's reach and b locked, so be prepared with it for sure.
Speaker 3: And that's one hundred percent stir crazy to see it evil. Hear no evil coming out in four but they will likely be Keino discs with nothing on him.
Speaker 2: I guess four K with a new commentary and that's it exactly.
Speaker 3: And I haven't I've been seeing a lot of negative stuff about Quina's newer four K stuff not being as good as their older stuff.
Speaker 2: So they've it feels like they've been cutting some corners.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is which is sad to see because I know a lot of their earlier four K stuff, Like I just watched another one recently. It was a big one. I watched some like it hop for the first time that four K looks amazing.
Speaker 2: It really does.
Speaker 3: And I always say this anytime in the discord that someone says no HDR. The in the heat of the night four K does not have HDR And it's like, probably one of the best four K discs I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: It's good for resolution. However, if it had proper HDR.
Speaker 3: It would look better, I know. Which, how do you feel about these? Like, I'm sorry another tangent like no seven Samurai, I'm like, should I buy the BFI disc now?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Because it has HDR, you know. And then the same way with the Seventh Seal the Seven Seals UK disc has HDR and Criterions does not, and the Trial also UK disc hause HDR.
Speaker 2: And well and beyond that, uh, Eureka, Studio, Canal and BFI have all been doing better end codes than so on top of that, it's not been it's not been something that that Criterion has really been able to keep up with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I'm gonna I think I'm gonna do it. I think I'm gonna go ahead and just get the BFI now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of that, I was on sin A Journeys. I was on the Criterion Now episode one, and I felt awful because they bring me on to talk about the Criterion announcements, all of them.
Speaker 3: Just when I when I take my friends that are like just getting into disc collecting, and I'm like, well, there actually is a better four K disc of this. They came out in the UK, they're like, what are you even talking about?
Speaker 2: Right? And the hard part is, not only are they better discs a lot of the time.
Speaker 3: They're cheaper, cheaper and have more special features on right and better packaging.
Speaker 2: I mean, I got the BFI of Targets over the Criterion one. I so much better than the Criterion one. It is so much better. It's got multiple shorts on it. It's great, and that.
Speaker 3: Might be one I need to upgrade to, Like, I mean, I know anytime, the Arrow is pretty much one hundred percent better than the Criterion and I've always gotten the Arrow stuff. So I need to go and get some of these BFI disc for sure.
Speaker 2: All right. More Indicator Family Life coming on Blu Ray on November nineteenth in the US. From Indicator. This is from nineteen seventy one, and this has got Sandy Ratcliff from Hussy that we just talked about, the Big One. This is directed by Kenneth Loach. A lot of people love Kenneth Loach stuff. Brand new interview with Jack Klaff on this one. Lots of archival features on here plus Looking East from this year British and Central Eastern European film specialist Michael Brooks's visual essay on the rare overlaps between those cultures, and then a let's see it's got a booklet on this one with a new essay by Rachel Pronger, some archival cast and crew interviews in depth. Look that Ken Loach. Yeah, this looks like a pretty strong release.
Speaker 3: I didn't even notice though that it was a Kenneth Loach movie. That's cool.
Speaker 2: The ex Prior and Wilder must be mine, says Dan Mullen. I know a lot of people are going to be after that one. It'll probably sell pretty quickly.
Speaker 3: I would assume so too.
Speaker 2: November nineteenth. They're also doing Left, Right and Center in the US. First off, I probably should point out really stoked that they're focusing on the US quite a bit this month. They've not been doing much in the US for a few months. I see him come back strong with these three titles. Yeah, al Stairs, sim On this and uh In Carmichael and as usual, bunch of special features, audio commentary with Michael brook We just talked about him, some interviews, some archival short films, UH newon improved English subs, and then of course booklet and indicator just kind of quietly always amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, them, Deaf, Crocodile, and Manda Macapper are probably my three favorite nice uh three favorite labels right now.
Speaker 2: They're all I want all their ship scratching, three very different itches.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I guess they also they they just speak to mind what I like more the more than anything, I guess because I like the like what Manda does with like the super Obscure ship is really cool.
Speaker 2: Def Greg, I mean, Craig was out there restoring for the last half hour. Haven't said anything you heard you say?
Speaker 3: Def Crocadail, They def crogd Isle is the ship they like. I think they are probably the best best company doing what like what they're doing right now is like there with especially with their new stuff with Diabolic that you having him on the other day and announcing all that stuff the other day got me so so bricked up. Oh so, like, let's go, dude, I'm so excited. I still need to pre order the both the there there's two out now, right both there, there's two sag Hunt of King Stack and the so and so has not had dinner yet.
Speaker 2: Yes, but beyond that third title getting announced next Friday, Well, I mean it's it's been announced, but uh in the Moscow Slums will be up for pre order next Friday. And the arts on that looks people excited.
Speaker 3: It looks so good. They they're they're absolutely killing it right now. Everything they're doing is sick. And my friend I got my friend into him too. I got him into him, so he's been checking them out.
Speaker 2: Also.
Speaker 3: I saw that that Sunday Cinema. I saw the Deaf Crocodile restoration of Assault on Precinct thirteen and in the big screen in there, which was really cool.
Speaker 2: We need that on disc already.
Speaker 3: I know, it's crazy that it's taken it. I saw that in theaters two years ago, I think.
Speaker 2: And Craig, when did you finish that? That had to have been like a four years ago? That might was that even pre pandemic maybe yeah, it had to have been right around then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, very close, real the greatest and then Indicator there they do all the thirties, you know, like I finally got that May West box set ages ago there, you know, but uh around twenty to twenty yeah, four years ago, That's what I'm saying. But uh, yeah, I finally got that May West box set in from Indicator, I got like The Kiss Before the Mirror. Yeah, has Night has a Thousand Eyes and stuff like that. I was able to get when they just had their salees at like a few months ago. I was able to get like a whole bunch of their stuff for eleven ninety nine, the like you know, limited edition pre code movies was killer. And they've been doing a lot of the yose Von Sternberg early sound movies like I got Underbolt, which I checked out. Those a lot of fun to watch. And then I got Jet Pilot, which is later Yosevan Steenberg. I got that too. I haven't watched that yet, but yeah, the Indicator is the best right now to one.
Speaker 2: More from Indicator, The Man who Had Power Over Women, getting a US release on November nineteenth. This one is going to have again a bunch of archival information on here. We've got an interview from twenty twenty four with Alan Scott, the screenwriter. We've got some short films, we've got to booklet on this, lots of stuff coming great art on this. As usual, Indicator is usually pretty great with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say this is seeing it now looking at this, I don't have Okay, sure send the journeys. I do not have their Yes of von Stenberg and Dietrich set I wish I did. I think that is still gettable from places. I think it's out of print on their website, but I think it's still fairly priced places because it was it was available for so long. I do have the Criterion set of it. I have not started. I have not cracked it open yet. I'm still trying to catch up on some of his because I've finished all three of the Criterion Silent Film box set of his last year. All three of those movies fucking amazing. If you have not seen those, they're so good. And then I've slowly been working into his sound film so that that will probably be something I start watching here to the start of twenty twenty five. I'm really excited about that. But I did want to say about this cover. Arrea is like the perfect Indicator cover art with the with their logo.
Speaker 2: It really is. I think it just flows perfectly and it reminds me kind of the way it's like it's very different but similar sensibilities at least to the way that Undercrank does their stuff. And I love the Undercrank Card and yeah.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ben Modell is friends with one of the guys that are that is on our board, Jim Kirkoff. He's an awesome guy. He actually just gave me two really cool things. He gave me a DVD VCR combo player that was like a production grade one that like could read or write to the DVD, like just so you put the VCR in it and write it to the DVD, or the VHS tape in it and write it to the DVD. It's like super heavy duty, which is cool because I haven't had a VCR in a few years. So and then he gave me like this huge sound library of CDs, which like now you could just use YouTube to get you know, backing tracks and stuff like this. But at first I didn't want the CDs, and then he showed it to me and it comes with like this thick catalog of of of everything that's on the CDs, and the catalog says like Lucasfilm, Fox Films, Warner Brother blah blah blah. And I opened it up and it's like got like it's got like the sounds that they would use, and like I'm like man, I gotta look through all these and see, like what because like if this has like the legit lucasfilm lightsaber sounds in it, that would be pretty sick. I know, that's like, that's pretty sick, because like he was like he he was a he was like and he he did video production for the Pentagon, which is like crazy.
Speaker 2: Well not to not to steal thunder very related story, yeah, terror Vision. We put out Inferno back in December or January whatever it was, and I greats wonderful release.
Speaker 3: I had to upgrade my I know, I told the story about Redwood having the names on it and then cutting the names off of.
Speaker 2: It's so funny though. We were putting that out and there was a little bit more room in the booklet and I was like, well, I kind of want to reach out to Ben Modell, like with what he does for the scoring and we have four different options on scores, we should get him to say something. And so I email Ben and I was like, hey, Ben, this is my number. If you don't mind give me a call. I want to talk to you about a pretty cool project. And he emailed back within like maybe three minutes, and it was so random. He goes, well, I'm about to perform at the Met in New York City. I need to tell them to delay for a few minutes so we can talk, or can we talk like in two hours. I was like, Ben, go play at the Met. Fuck, we'll talk in a couple hours.
Speaker 3: He's cool. I have not been able to meet him yet, but we're hoping that when we relaunched doing Silent Sundays at Norman Studios, we're hoping that we be able to get some of his work to be able to play and hopefully have him. We want to say that guest speaker series kind of deal, you know, we'll have him come and actually perform and speak at film showing and stuff. Yeah, so hopefully we got it in there because we know one of his homies. So but yeah, I've seen his interview with you is amazing too, by the way he I mean.
Speaker 2: He is one of the people that I've interviewed that was so just like, I I appreciative that somebody knew that his work existed, and I love that about him. It's like, you're doing such an important service and you think that you're kind of doing it for nobody, and yet you're still so passionate about it, and that's why I wanted to talk to you like that is amazing.
Speaker 3: He's the man, and he has a I believe the DVD only of Marcel Perez, who he is a silent film actor, that most of his career was here in Jacksonville, not with Norman Studios, but with I believe he actually I forget the studio that he did most of the stuff with, but the studio that Norman Studios is before it was Norman Studios, it was a studio called Eagle Film City, which I think I spoke about when whenever I was first on because it didn't become Norman Studios until the entire film industry had left Jacksonville, but when it was Eagle Film City for a very brief period of time, Marcel Perez made films at Eagle Film Studio, at Eagle Film City at the properties, so he actually made films there. But I don't think that any of the films that are on Ben Model's Marcel Perez collection were shot in Norman Studios before it was Norman Studios. But he I know, he has two volumes of his stuff out, which is really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ben Modell do was great work. Everybody needs check Please go.
Speaker 3: Check his stuff out. That was a huge tangent after tangent after tangent about this cover art kind of looking like.
Speaker 2: Which is why I love having you on. Speaking of indicator and great cover art, let's talk about modern horror steel books for Imagine. Oh man, I.
Speaker 3: Saw this somewhere. May have been something I may have been your thing, and it said, what a nothing slip gun.
Speaker 2: Somebody at our discord said, hey, just like vinegar Syndrome tried, they finally invented the invisible slips. Over October one, we are getting an Amazon exclusive four K steel book from Lionsgate for Imaginary. And of course this is gonna piss a lot of people off because they just put this out on Blu Ray. Why are we doing this on four K six months after the Blu Ray? Makes no sense. Just do it day and day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't get it, but I did warn everybody this was absolutely going to happen. I gotta be honest. The steel book looks decent. It's too bad. I've heard the movie is absolutely terrible.
Speaker 3: I hadn't completely forgot about this movie until I saw this. And when I saw this at first I thought it was The Imaginary Friends.
Speaker 2: Yes, I did too movie.
Speaker 3: I thought that's what that was. And then I was like this, there's no way that's what this does not look like uh that at all? Yeah, No, that I would like to see him.
Speaker 2: I like, I like.
Speaker 3: Cultural significant, like you know, of our time, like this was like I remember this came out like just everybody talking about it online, like I still need to. I'm sure you've seen The Five Knights at Freddy's, which, yeah, like I want to see it just because everybody saw it, you know, and.
Speaker 2: Now that's getting a four case deal book too. Look at that.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Next up, another one of the amazing sales this week road Inflick's Flash saale over at MVD. You can check this out all the way through September, free shipping on seventy five dollars plus orders. The hard part the sale prices aren't that great.
Speaker 3: Oh damn.
Speaker 2: There are better prices on many of these titles on other places.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 2: I don't understand why to take the time to put this on sale when like Shredder, I think it was is cheaper over it, diabolic, There's a couple that are just cheaper elsewhere, Why are we doing that? Yeah, that doesn't make no sense.
Speaker 3: Seems like like the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing here, Like there's the people in place that don't understand, like you know, like I feel like the people are running that should know that, like all the retailers that their stuff is being sold at is cheaper, Like that doesn't like there's just like it's on autopilot mode or something that's weird.
Speaker 2: Sioner's saying, the lost and there's nothing out there are fifteen dollars. Yeah, there's a couple that are better, better price than elsewhere, but it's it's also not a ton of titles. It's like one short page of titles.
Speaker 3: I about to say, I remember being on the Ronan I remember Ronan Flicks like being on like vinegar syndrome level of being like, oh, the Ronan Flicks announcements are coming out this month, like can't wait to go see what they get announced, And then they.
Speaker 2: Just kind of went well. And Ronan flick sales used to be yeah, good code red titles and you would be able to get them on sale for like eleven dollars.
Speaker 3: Yep, I do you remember that and now it's like, now, I never hear anybody talking about him. I forgot that they re released have their version of there's nothing out there. I have the vinegar syndrome version of it.
Speaker 2: So what the hell Craig says there's this has only happened once before. There's an insect that was photographed in one single frame of Felloday.
Speaker 3: Literally a bug. That's that's hilarious, that is awesome. Must have landed on the cell just as they snapped the camera. That's cool. Hope you leave it in there.
Speaker 2: In the middle of this, there's a random fly that's three times the size of the building. Zoom in on it. Uh. The owner of MVD said there would be a lot more sales going forward, but damn sometimes the sale prices are not sale prices. That's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's yeah. I did see that. I think he was on the New Keynot podcast and he says that that, like, I guess now, instead of having a one hundred percent let's go, let's go Greg the man a feature not a bug. But yeah, no, I saw him say that on the Keynote podcast that rather than doing just like the one big November pod or sale, that they'll try to do you know, ron in one month all their other distributed through them exactly, So that's cool, which I just I'm very upset that I just missed out on that film Detective sale because those were all like twelve dollars and I need most of those like that. The their re release of the Bat, not the BDR Old School, but the re release of it. It is so good, very hard to find on Amazon because like sometimes it's like not actually sold through Amazon, so then it's like thirty nine dollars, and so like them having it for twelve bucks was nice. So and I want that Dorsey Brothers movie too.
Speaker 2: I just want running flicks to come back like they used to be for anybody that didn't follow them.
Speaker 3: Back lawnmer Man, Job's War and they sell a lot of those, maybe they will.
Speaker 2: Runing flicks used to be free shipping over thirty dollars, and you would order stuff on like a Monday afternoon and somehow you would have it in your hand Wednesday morning with free shipping, and you would have only spent like thirty two dollars to get three films.
Speaker 3: It's crazy, I mean, it's crazy to think that you used to preor you could. You and I were talking before the before the yeah, the podcast. I think that that the past thing taking Tiger Mountain, Putney Swope and Night Out four films from Vinegar Syndrome was probably sixty eight bucks for four films, you know what I mean. It was like it just used to be so cheap. We're just old now the.
Speaker 2: World we're old, you know, like twenty one game.
Speaker 3: You know what's funny is that I got called I got called young man, like I got called out for being young or whatever it work today. And I'm like, man, I'm not even that young.
Speaker 2: I'm super old. What are you now? Twenty seven?
Speaker 3: No, I'll be twenty nine in October.
Speaker 2: Shit, you turned twenty eight and I missed it.
Speaker 3: I know, damn well it was October, so October ninth, so all right, yeah, I know I'm almost thirty, which is terrifying, Like I thought that would never happen to me.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, Speaking of a rough Paramount four k's coming on November twelfth as an Amazon exclusive four K steel book is Planes, Trains and Automobiles Now. Uh yes, this is literally the identical steel book for the one that they put out on Blu Ray Now Everybody is always very upset in the comments about this title because from what they've heard, the four K is atrocious. Let me reiterate here for everybody who has never picked up this disc and just believes whatever everybody says on the line. And I know that this is ironic considering I'm saying this online. The four K for this. Yes, there is some DNR and it looks too smooth in some scenes. However it's still it looks if you don't remember, the Blu ray for this was one of the worst Blu rays in existence, and the four K for this is miles better than the Blue Ray. It is still a really great four K compared to the Blu Ray. Could it have been better much? However, still way better than the Blu Ray.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this movie is so funny too. I would last see this is one of the reasons why you need to join the discord. It is because you could see it great. There was a great conversation between two major partner or two major label people having a discussion about this movie and about the way that it looks, one saying that they would get it if it wasn't so dean hired, and the other saying that they didn't care because they love it so much. Any he's one of the people. But yeah, no, I mean, like it's the same thing with like the the the James Cameron stuff, Like we're just upset because we know that it could have been done the right way, you know. And it's like I don't think it's we're not the bad people for knowing that it just could have been done the right way. But it looks fine enough.
Speaker 2: I mean, for sure, Jim says, we are.
Speaker 3: That guy is I don't know, he's crazy whatever, that's why. That's why he is who he is. He's a crazy person that makes the most watched movies of all time.
Speaker 2: Right. Also shout out to Joel here. This release is absolutely worth it for the deleted scenes alone. There's I don't remember the exact number, but there's like fifty eight minutes of deleted scenes that was never released previously before this four K, and they are stupended. It's like another film of comedy. Basically, it's so good.
Speaker 3: It is such it's like thirty plus minutes, right.
Speaker 2: It literally almost I think, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy. Which and before that four Kid came out, it was unavailable ever before right.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely unavailable anywhere else.
Speaker 3: That's so cool. I love it.
Speaker 2: Uh, Sibner's saying there is no right way. The filmmaker wanted it that way, so that's how it goes, exactly.
Speaker 3: Like the Wangkar Waii movies, which I've only seen the new versions of them because I saw them on theaters.
Speaker 2: Yeah that makes sense, which.
Speaker 3: Like they're the best they've ever looked, for sure, but they're just different. It's just like we would like to have the original versions as well, but the original versions as we know them were outdated because they were all digital transfers anyway. So it's all so it's so many mental gymnastic word gymnastic that you have to go over and that you can move the goalpost on either side of the discussion, so it's like almost impossible to have a discussion about.
Speaker 2: I love how we have a ten minute discussion on blaze strains and automobiles and just wait until we get to the Severn box set.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: I was just.
Speaker 3: I was looking at that at the time and I was like, I told my girlfriend. She was like, what time do you think you'd be done? I was like, I'm just gonna say three am. Just because she's like, how long does this show secually go? I was like, I don't know. I was like, I'll be okay, I gotta work tomorrow, but I don't care anymore. But yeah, I was thinking about that. I was like, damn, we got that seven box.
Speaker 2: Let's go all right. We can speed through the rest and be done by maybe three thirty.
Speaker 3: Okay. But age never seen the original Star Wars trilogy. That's not true, because they were on the BHS tapes of the the whatever. I remember, Mike. I remember my cousins having the BHS tape, so they were the VHS versions. But I have seen those original ones, but my cousins that owned them, that was the first way I ever saw them.
Speaker 2: Well, you were the perfect one to get feedback on this. One. November fifth, Warner Brothers is out The Wizard of Oz eighty fifth Anniversary Theater Edition is what they're calling it. This is a four case steel book, and this is going to come with all the archival features that they've been putting out for a handful of the last like three or four releases. It's not much, and I'm honestly surprised they're not putting a better package of features together. They do have stuff from the old DVD that is missing, I believe from this, But beyond that, they are doing these collectibles that they've not done on this before. There's an invitation to the nineteen thirty nine premiere, the preview premiere theater ticket Grahaman's Chinese theater, eight page program, four art cards from the original posters, and eight original theatrical lobby cards. How do you feel about the art on this? How do you feel about the rest of the package.
Speaker 3: So this is getting a US release, right, This is the US release? This is the okay because I think I saw that the UK is doing it too, and when I initially saw this, I thought this must be just the UK only version of it. The artwork is cool. I'm down with alternative art work for Wizard of Oz. I have the steel book four K, which was her laying in the red flowers. I like that one, which was that's like my all time favorite cover art for it. But that four K disc it's one of the older, you know, first kind of yearish of four k's I think first year and a half ish, and it from the get go has always had an issue reading on my Sony four K player. Yeah, it just always has and it actually I'm a liar. It didn't even work on my Xbox either, so I've always and it may just be my singular disc. I've wiped it off my Sony. I know has issues with h with playing one hundred gig discs. I know that's an issue with it. But yeah, this one is for whatever reason, it's always been bad and like from the beginning credits, so I think it's something just wrong with the disc. So I've always meant to replace the discs. So maybe this is the way I go, because I mean, I'm not I bought that four years ago. I'm not again spending money on the Wizard of Oz again. This is cool. This is like I feel like if Arrow did the Wizard of Oz, this is what it would be, right, You'd get the art cards and the all the posters and stuff like that. The artwork's cool. I dig it. I like the hand the green you know, kind of gives us that like forties horror vibe. This, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're clearly leaning into Wicked for this, oh.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent, and that's why they're calling it the Theater Edition, not even just because it's a movie theater, but they're trying to catch that theater crowd, and so I dig it, I dig it. I do want to see I do want to see Wicked when it comes out. I've never seen anything with Wicked before, so I've never seen the player or heard the soundtrack or anything.
Speaker 2: I yeah, I mean, obviously it's gonna be a big deal for Wicked this year. I'm I'm sure that that film is gonna do gangbusters. But yeah, I'm curious to see how this does. But the biggest thing, you know, you talked about this is in the very beginning. This is the first one that I can remember of Warner doing a big like package like this in the US. That's the UK. This could be a good sign.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, hopefully that's what we get. Hopefully we get this. Hopefully we get a Nightmare on Elm Street collection of box kind of deal like this, and hopefully we get the exit. What if they do the ex or this Halloween and ex Halloween, if.
Speaker 2: They do the Bible version of Insane, I'm just spending time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we would nuts, But that'll be good though, you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, maybe they'll maybe they'll print fourteen of them this time instead of six exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no, hopefully this is good and hopefully that we get more because Okay, another thing about this is constantly talked about, and I know it's talked about in your show every now and again about like re releases and stuff. The Wizard of Oz should always have a copy. There should be a new version of Wizard of Oz every year or two that comes out because the companies that were the studios that releases. This is one of the best ways I think about it. Because I'm a WWE guy. I like wrestling right and when I was in this the reason why I have my burner Facebook account that I follow you on is because I was in an action figure selling group during COVID when I got let go of my job. I legit lived off of going to Walmarts and getting figure I would go right when they opened at six am during COVID lockdown and go in and get figures and go and sell because you remember collectibles were huge during oh yeah, and I would get them for seventeen dollars and I would go and sell them in this group for fifty bucks and so like that's how I was making money. But Uh, anyways, one of the greatest you like wrestling, Oh, but I like all wrestling. I can go. I'm from Jacksonville, so the aw cam then. But anyways, Uh, one of the best things I heard from Mattel is that they have to continually make John Cena figures because if somebody gets into wrestling, like if your son gets into wrestling and they like John Cena, right, you have to go to Walmart and find John Cena because like if it's just like whatever, you know, like there has to be these staples and like how many different versions of Dark Side of the Moon you think have came out? Which is funny that we're talking about The Wizard of Oz, but you know, like that that album has to continually come out, you know, every year. It has to do so if the Wizard of Oz is getting reprinted every year anyways, like if they want to change the artwork or offer us some other stuff like this, I'm all about it. I love it, and it's cool that they're going all out on it this year. We're very lucky that they're that Wicked's coming out this year because that's probably the only reason we're getting this.
Speaker 2: Just a fifteen more years so one hundred year anniversary.
Speaker 3: Exactly, That's what I'm saying. No, we'll get we'll get any and ninety five.
Speaker 4: You know they'll go all that ninety third anniversary, Yeah, exactly, which the Warner Brothers loves doing that, and you know, hopefully we get like if we I have Cosablanca, but it's just the regular version, Like if they did Casablanca in a big set like this, that would be a reason.
Speaker 2: For me to buy it. And which, how do we not have Gone with the Wind yet?
Speaker 3: So exactly that's that. So now that I've watched Lawrence of Arabia, my number one movie that has eluded me now is Gone with the Wind, and number two is Lord of the Rings, which my girlfriend and all my friends because to them, Gone with the Wind, I might as well be watching like hieroglyphic projections or something like that's so old. Why do you even care about that? Like to me over like American film can it's super important? But yeah, no, that movie. I mean, I think we all know. One of the biggest reasons why it hasn't got it released. I think they may be a little scared because of all the stuff. You remember, it was pulled off a max for a few weeks or whatever. So that and then I truly believe that it's just a very expensive project because they want to do it, They're gonna want to do it right. And that's a four hour film, that's three strip technicolor. So that's like probably the same price of restoring nine movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like it's.
Speaker 3: Probably I know that they just finished north By Northwest, which I'm assuming probably was a huge undertaking, and so that's probably next. Try to get I've tried three times to get through Gone with the Wind, and it is too boring, and I hear that a lot to people say that, But people think Dracula is boring too, So we're talking about that. I have to see myself.
Speaker 2: Warner Brothers also putting out Captain Planet and the Planet Tears the complete franchise on October fifteenth on DVD. Now, I know that the DVD thing is off putting for some people. However, this which is two complete series of animated shows. You're getting so many episodes on this. This is fantastic, Like there's so much coming on this. I'm so glad. I when I was I think four years old, I met the guy that voiced Captain Planet and thought that I'd just seen God and it was a monumental moment in my life. And uh yeah, I'm I'm actually considering putting this on my wish list on Amazon. I'm very much looking forward to this.
Speaker 3: This is so cool and I'm very happy that Warner Brothers is doing this. I am disappointed that it's not on Blue Red just because duh, but like whatever, like even if it was on Blue Ray, like just because of what I get, like I may have not I've gotten this for a while, so like I you know, I obviously can't get everything. I'm not saying that I don't want it, right, but like I do wish this was on Blue Ray. But it is very promising to see that Warner Brothers even doing it to begin with. But dude, did they include the don Cheeto? No, I'm druking, because have you ever seen that?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: That is the When I saw that, I thought that was the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life. And stand eezy, I know I didn't say the US that I was born. I did say even when you said that earlier, though I said that I do. I know, like a lot of people that I know think Dracua was boring.
Speaker 2: Uh Joel's pointing out this was ada left field. But these have never been released on disc other than the very first season, So yeah, this is a big, big deal.
Speaker 3: Damn Cage. I wasn't alive when this came out, No, but it was very prevalent on television when I was younger, which, like I would say, like the like I was born in ninety five, so Jesus, I was born in ninety five, So like at two thousand and two thousand and one, two thousand and two, like, stuff like this was still on TV. Like this was on every day. I remember this. This would come on at five o'clock every day. This came on the same time that because my mom baby sent for a living. So when I was growing up, I never I'm an only child, which is always cause of discussion because like that's such a stigma attached to it. Everybody's like, oh, you don't seem like an only child, And I'm like, what was that supposed to be? But hyone, Yeah, I'm like what But uh, Gage has so many years to not watch his blue That's funny, that's good. I'm trying. I'm trying hard. But uh, the Captain plant My mom watched Kids for a living, so at five pm every day, that's when everybody was getting picked up. This was always on TV like a five. This was like everybody's going home, Captain plants on, sit down and watch this. Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Everybody's just complaining.
Speaker 3: I graduate high school said, oh man, I feel I'm born in ninety two. Yeah, yeah, ninety two. Well, shit, you're thirty and so over thirty.
Speaker 2: You make this out so much words. You're over thirty.
Speaker 3: Imagine being over thirty. Gross.
Speaker 2: All right, that's enough, Captain Planet. Let's get to some great animation.
Speaker 3: Some more my child, this is a little bit more definitely.
Speaker 2: My yeah, you were nine. This is perfect. November twelfth, there is a standard addition the coming of the SpongeBob SquarePants movie on four K. Now, this is a big deal because The Steel Bad came out previously and a lot of people were worried that it wasn't gonna get a standard I normally don't post the standards, but this is getting a later standard release for some reason. But again, paramount release. If you if you were after the standard of this, this is a favorite of yours. You might want to.
Speaker 3: Pick it up on I've not too You can rent vehicles without the insurance fee or whatever. You didn't tell room though.
Speaker 2: SpongeBob is twenty five. That's in this.
Speaker 3: When this movie came out, I was so hyped on it. I didn't get to see it in theaters, but I did get it, like the day it came out at Blockbuster. I remember going up there friends and renting this The SpongeBob. SpongeBob the Movie, the game one of the better licensed video games. Me and my friends are big fans of licensed video games. They don't make them anymore, but there's actually the first one of the series, Battle for Bikini Bottom, just got remastered, and it's called Rehydrated. You can get on Xbox and PlayStation and stuff.
Speaker 2: Now we haven't, we've played. It's pretty good.
Speaker 3: It's amazing. It's one of the I'm not even joking, it's one of the best licensed games ever. It's like that The King Kong Peter Jackson King Kong is another great licensed video game. But uh yeah, SpongeBob the movie. The game was the sequel to Battle for Bikini Bottom, so it's like almost the exact same kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: In it.
Speaker 3: Hopefully one day that becomes available.
Speaker 2: Yeah, glad this is coming out. Glad it'll get a standard good looking stuff. We talked about crunchy roll steel books earlier. This one's pretty damn cool. November twelfth, they're doing a blu ray steel book of Afro Samurai, the complete series and the movie. And uh, this is a big deal obviously for a lot of people. This was like the anime for years for so many people. You've got some amazing people associated with this with Rizza, You've got Samuel Jackson in this. You've got Mark Hamill, Lucy lou Ron Pearlman, and then some of the classic voice actors like Tara Strong. I've still never seen Afro Samurai and I.
Speaker 3: Need I've never seen it. But another one, the Afro Samurai video game is awesome.
Speaker 2: If I've heard that is great.
Speaker 3: Yeah to xbox Ery sixty PS three eras a little bit later, but it's it's an awesome video game video game. I ass yeah, so I would imagine the shows great.
Speaker 2: Well, we also got back to back to back sales, so let's go through those first. As we were talking about Keno Loeber putting on TV stuff, they are doing in as Seen on TV sale until September. Second, and my big recommendation of course is I'm Dangerous Tonight, which is a Toby Hooper directed film. And on the commentary on this is the One and Only Doctor Will Dodson with Christopher Woofter from the Miskatonic University. There's a whole bunch of special behind the scenes that are on this disc for the first time as well. And shout out to Stan Geezy, who has done a lot of stuff for Toby Hooper. You can buy his books on Toby Hooper right now. Go to Amazon and search up Stay Geezy.
Speaker 3: Yes, I need those books. And it was cool to see Staying Easy was on your your big episode that you had the other day.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 3: I loved him. It was awesome And definitely need to get that book because I've said this on one of your podcasts that I believe that the text Chainsaw Masacre is not just one of the great American horror movies, but it's one of the best American movies ever made. I do really need to get his book for sure. Maybe that will be my next book that I read. Nice Oh His Lost Father with Yeah him and I definitely need to be in the same room at something, and that.
Speaker 2: Room should be for blood tests.
Speaker 3: Your wife saying that bro, him taking his shirt off and be dying. Bro. Yeah, yeah, that sounds good. He strikes me as the kind of guy that likes to wrestle somebody that he doesn't.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, he's the kind of guy that likes to wrestle.
Speaker 3: I can imagine him meet me and like him like trying to like jab me in my gun. Four hours, just him and I are going at it, just like trying to put each other in a head. I could see that happening.
Speaker 2: The next sale is the Indicator sale over at Orbit that is on now. This goes until August twenty fifth, and the big thing is they are putting on sale the UK titles as well. It's not a ton of titles. It's very much a select list of titles. However, there's there's some good ones on that They've got the genre on four k's, they've got the Michael J. Murphy box set, They've got the Todd Slaughter box set, which is the big one that I want. And the main thing that you need to know is the thirty percent off doesn't show until checkout so to look like it's regular price, and it is until you go to check out, and then you'll get a big discount. And this is the best way to buy some of these. Some of them are like sixteen dollars regular and then you're getting thirty percent off of that. So it's a pretty good list and it's orbit So three free stacks if you get three items free shipping, I that's a pretty incredible deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I started browsing through this for like ten seconds at work today and I instantly got out of it. I was like, oh, no, fuck, I need that Todd Slaughter set asap, because it's been about a year. I guess. So I'm just I'm always worried about stuff selling out from Dicator, and that is something definitely right up my alley. Lots of thirties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or British horror.
Speaker 3: I'm like, let's go, like, I need that so bad. So then there's some of the genre and stuff. I only have a handful. I think I have fascination Rape of the Vampire, and that might be it for the genre on but I think I have the Cold Eyes of Fear for K. There's some of their four k's I need to get like I need to get that Bruiser four K as soon as I as possible, because I hear that that's sold out from the warehouse or whatever. So I'm like, I get paid more. Maybe I'll maybe I'll do some more peruse.
Speaker 2: And Sam is asking, h what book and what site? Well, Sam, I'll answer that again in just a second. Uh, Sibner, this is copied directly from their site. This line right here, this sale does in capital letters stack with our three free shipping for media mail.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty clear right there.
Speaker 3: M Yeah, I didn't even try. I wouldn't I would assume that Orbit would still do that. I wouldn't think that wouldn't be off.
Speaker 2: So Sam was asking what book? What episode?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: The the man Stan Geezy was on my big three year anniversary stream from Jeremy's apartment. Uh in the beginning of August, so three weeks ago, and Stan was on camera a handful of times. Stan has written multiple books on Toby Hooper films. He's got one. Shoot, I might just be able to bring up the link right now. Uh, it is worth talking about for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely do that. I definitely will try to check it out. I'm almost done with this Carrie Grant book that I swear I've been reading for like two years now. I very very rarely read, but this Carry Grant book is the Scott I'm in. Brilliant Disguise is what it's called, and it's it's awesome book. My two years of reading it is not because it's bad. It's just because I'm a very bad reader.
Speaker 2: So Stan Geezey wrote this one Red Scare the making of Toby Hooper's on Dangerous Tonight, which obviously is the film that we were just talking about. And when you go to this page, you can click on this little Stan Geezy author thing, and not only does it bring up his books, but look at all of these things that Stan is an audit amazing.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 2: I got to get not only did he write Red Scare, if we scrolled down past all of these gorgeous magazines, he also did Facials, which is a book of wonderful caricature sketches, including one of one Jeremy Long and then smoldering in on the set of director Toby Hooper Spontaneous Combustion here as well, And I mean, look at those prices. That's pretty great.
Speaker 3: Those are fantastic prices.
Speaker 2: Yeah, check it out. Stan does incredible work. And let me get back to where we were.
Speaker 3: Instagram Dan, he's just flexing his notifications rying now look at all these likes.
Speaker 2: I begin you wish I never even check him? Uh nice, let's see anybody rag all right? Next sale, Speaking of the UK, BFI announced a bank holiday sale and they've got some Blu rays from eight to ninety nine pounds. Like, that's pretty great. This sale is going on all the way through midnight on Thursday, the twenty ninth of August, and they've got some pretty good good sales going on over there. I would check them out. Some of their stuff is legitimately like less than you would expect them to be. They were like twelve pounds for some of the better releasing titles from them. That's good, pretty pretty great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I need to go check that out. I still haven't.
Speaker 2: I have not browsed to that yet.
Speaker 3: It's going on, Paul Paul, Is he holding Wolf of Wall Street?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: He was? Yeah? I love that movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm happy to give you a plug. Stan, you deserve it. You're amazing, you know.
Speaker 3: Just another side tanger Wolf of Wall Street that was gonna be my backup. Maybe in the next time that I'm on your show, this can be our objection. It was ten craziest movies that you watched with your mom, because I never remember. Last week you were telling the story about watching some crazy and I've watched Wolf of Wall Street with my mom. Oh man, that would be a good subject.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea. Oh man, what I watched? I think it was The New York Ripper with my mom. Hell uh. And we also, of course watched Today the Living Dead and then yeah, there's been some crazy ones over the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, that's great.
Speaker 2: All right. So that was the BFI sale and that leads us to this behemoth, the biggest title that we're going to talk about this week. And honestly, I will tell you all now, and I'm not trying to put my hand on the scale or anything, but as long as people get this in their hands by the end of September early October, like they're promising, this is likely going to be on a lot of people's shell shock rewind ballots for next year. Here we have all the Haunts by Hours, a compendium of Folk Corps Volume two from Seven Films. This is coming on Blu ray, and like I just said, this is They say we'll be shipping in late September or early October. And here is the details. You get thirteen discs twenty four international folk core classics over fifty five combined hours of special features. Now isn't that a lot better than one hundred minutes?
Speaker 3: Just the slide.
Speaker 2: The big thing. A lot of people did not realize that the book comes in this the book. Here is a two hundred and fifty two page hardcover of newly commissioned folk core fiction story book. And all of this is going to be available from seven for quite some time. The price on this is I saw some people complaining, but I think the price for this is kind of great. It's a lunch one hundred and eighty dollars now. I love Seven. I've worked with Severn. I met Andrew and David Gregory in the last two months. I want to point out no offense to Severn. This box set with fifty five hours of special features in twenty four films cost the same as three copies of opera.
Speaker 3: That's funny, you know what they're doing. But yeah, how many people want Opera. They knew what they were doing. Let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this box set is legendary. There's a lot to go over with this box and so we obviously can't cover all of the titles and features in a way that gives all of them the amount of respect and synopsies that they deserve. But I'm gonna go through these real quick en list the titles and then we're gonna talk about the box for a minute. So Disc one is gonna have to fire You Come at Last and Psychomedia. Psychomedia is a biker film that Aero put out handful years ago. Disc two is The Enchanted and Who Fears the Devil? Dis number three is The White Ring Deer and Edge of the Knife. Disc four is Born of Fire. Disc five is Io Island and Scales. Disc six is Bacan Echo, a Vengeful Spirit and Nang Neck, and Disc seven is Sundi Belong and Susannah the Queen of Black Magic. That's the documentary that they've been advertising for last week or so. Disc eate is Beauty and the Beast and the Ninth Heart. Disc nine is Demon and November. Disc ten is Leatan and Blood Tea and Red String. Disc eleven is Nazareno Cruz and the Wolf and Unca Lare. Disc twelve is from the Old Earth. Disc thirteen is The City of the Dead and the Rights of May. Now all of these Avenue special features. Will list out some of those afterwards, But first off, how do you feel about this? What's your first reaction?
Speaker 3: So my first reaction is that, obviously they teased this a couple of days ago. I was almost certain this was going to be the Black Friday. I thinks so that the fact that right is coming, that's funny CC forty, that's funny. But I almost was certain that this would be the Black Friday thing. So now that knowing that this is going this there's gonna be something else for Black Friday, is super exciting. I'd posted your discord the other day. Now that we've gotten Opera and Enter the Clones, we've gotten a lot of the rumor teased seven stuff out, I was like, what wasn't what is going to be next for seven? You know, this was kind of one we kind of knew was definitely happening. So now that this is announced, it's like, man, what, like, what the fuck are they going to do for a Black Friday. I can't wait to see. They are killing it. I think they're having the best year like ever right now for seven they're killing it. I know that is the Opera snap food bullshit, but whatever like shit like that happens. I did get Opera. I almost got all the Haunts pres Volume one in the set, but I wound up going with the Eurocrypt of Christopher Lee instead. Now I kind of wish I'd gotten all the Haunts bres More, but I'll probably still wind up trying to get it soon. I'll probably even get it before the Black Friday sale because I know that even during their sale it wasn't even that cheap. It wasn't like you could still get it for about the same price on like Orbit and stuff like that. So definitely still want Volume one, do not have it yet. Unfortunately, this set has a lot of films in it that I do have wanted to see for a while. Craig from Daft Crocodile said that he had his eyes on White Reindeer that's been out from Eureka, I believe in the UK, and that has been on my like top one list for a really long time. So now I will be getting it in this box set, and then November, isn't it right? That's the Is that the twenty nineteen film November. Yeah, I've been wanting to see that for a long time. I remember when that came out, I wanted to see it. So that's really cool. This artwork is kick ass. I think everything about this kick ass. Having twenty four films is cool, you know, like that's a shit ton of movies like that will last year a long ass time, Like you know, I'm my goal of this year was to watch more movies than I did last year, and last year I watched eighty two movies, So I mean this is you know, a quarter of that, right, So it's like that this would take me a long time to watch all of them.
Speaker 2: This is twenty four films, and if you just buy the box set, and not even counting the book, which is a massive two hundred and fifty page hardcover book, twenty four twenty four films for one hundred and eighty dollars seven dollars and fifty cents per film, and each film has tons of special features. This is like one of the best values in physical media period and that's why seven is the king of box sets.
Speaker 3: They are, and that will be Another thing I say is that when I first saw it in my head, the first thing that came into mind was two hundred and thirty five dollars. That was the first thing I said. So then when I went on there and saw that it was one hundred and eighty bucks, I was like, oh my god, that's a great deal.
Speaker 2: So Stan is asking what's the release date the If you order from seven, it will be shipping in late September or early October. If you order it elsewhere, because it will get a wide release that is going to be available on October fifteenth, So if you pre order from Diabolic or Order or anything like that, it'll be shipping around the middle of October.
Speaker 3: You know, maybe with my next PayPal pay in four, I'll do a pre order of this and I will add on the Enter the Clones box set, because I don't want to miss out on that impossibly limited yeah disk, which I don't think will be that impossibly limited, because most of their stuff isn't that, but I do. I do really really want to get that set. So maybe I'll try to get both of these before before the Black Friday stuff happens.
Speaker 2: Siminars thrown out there. Definitely research before you drop one hundred and eighty dollars on a box set. Obviously, nobody's saying by the side us seeing please please please do that. But also I do want to point out one big difference between Volume two and volume one. Volume one, for most people was every single title was unheard of except for maybe V And for some people there was one or two others other than the doc of course that they put in that first one, that they had just straight never heard of. This one, there's probably three or four titles that most people have heard of or maybe you've even seen. But just the fact that they're bundled together and curated in this way makes it a really great deal. And on top of that, this is covering more of the globe that they didn't cover in volume one. This has another great documentary in here that's brand new from David Gregory. This has all kinds of special features, more than fifty five combined hours as Wild not saying by it signe unseen unless it's your thing. However, if folk core is your thing, if seven is your thing, if you want to do anything surrounding these type of titles, you're gonna be hard pressed to find a better deal than this. And the other big thing is when this goes on sale for fifty percent off in their box set sales, someday, it's only going to be thirty five dollars cheaper than the pre order price. So just keep that in mind. Severn will never sell this cheaper than one hundred and forty five dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure. And there's there was a few things I wanted to say here. One is that we're very lucky that I think most of us in your community. Is that, oh before I even say that, is that I'm a huge blind buyer. I usually blind by most same because I mean I was not a big DVD collector like a lot of people in the community where, you know, back in the early two thousands, just because I was too young to really be into a lot of this stuff. So like for me, most of the stuff I'm buying is blind buying because like I never saw the DVD of it, you know, And then like stuff like this, like none of this stuff has been available before, so like almost everybody's blind buying it. And I'm a huge blind by guy, and I am very fortunate enough now that I have a whole bunch of my friends that I've talked into collecting. It's something that I've realized is a very good blessing, is that I am comfortable enough in my film connection that I know what I'm gonna like, and like, I'm pretty I'm very open to most things, Like I pretty much watch everything, so like I'll never be disappointed with with what I see, and like, you know, you get this, and if eighty percent of them are good and only twenty percent of them you don't like, like, that's pretty good to hit.
Speaker 2: Right well, And Simmonner is saying, I have to be more diplomatic. I'd rather buy one or two films that seem the most intriguing. I got to be honest, I'm kind of the opposite to that. I am too. Yeah, I would much rather buy this set. And even if I even if I watched all twenty four and hated seven of them, I'm glad I watched the fact that I had seventeen great movies that I liked and I only paid one hundred and eighty dollars for it. The two films alone would have been fifty dollars plus. And now each film is seven dollars and fifty cents. I can't really complain about that. Even if, like I said, if I hated seven of the films, the fifty dollars on the two films is still just around the same price of those seven films that I'm hating. Yea.
Speaker 3: And even if like I don't like the movie, like there's there's usually always something like very rarely in the past, like even six years, I don't think I've watched a single film that I was upset that I watched.
Speaker 2: Saying there's something.
Speaker 3: There's at least something that I've like, I've you know, unfogged area of cinema lore by watching this movie, you know, So there's there's always something I can grab from them.
Speaker 2: So yeah, the great point from spaghetti to only four or five of the movies from the first box have gotten individual releases.
Speaker 3: Yes, And that was the second thing I wanted to say real quick was that last year's sun Ray Cinema and the cinema they just closed, they actually did a full horror Halloween in October, and they showed like I think ten movies from this from the first box set, and Kayla Denie.
Speaker 2: Was at one of them. And did a Q and A for it nice, and the poster.
Speaker 3: That they did for it was like definitely taken from the seven artwork from the box set and everything like they definitely like tried to they definitely owned the owners of the theater saw had this box set, and it was like, Yep, we're going to show a lot of these. Unfortunately I was unable to make it to any of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it, okay, So some of the special features that I really wanted to highlight. Obviously most of these films have commentaries and archival features, but like on to Fire, you Come at Last, we have multiple short films for Psychomania, Like all of the stuff that was on the Arrow disc is on here as well. I believe we've got new commentaries on a lot of these. We've got new interviews on a lot of these. They've been working on the set for years, just like they did the first one. There's alternate openings for some of these. There are more short films than you could even really expect. White Reindeer has a projection booth episode by Mike White and Kat Ellinger, And I mean again, I could spend the next twenty minutes just reading off. Every single special feature is gonna be on here fifty five plus hours. If you are into this genre, if you are into seven, if you are into folk corps. In any way, this is the movie release of potentially the year. And I'd say that with some hesitation because I know a lot of people are not into horror.
Speaker 3: Because your page I saw that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I love being a that this is just I don't know for me, like this speaks exactly to my tastes. And the first box set was stupendous and everything I've seen out of it has been mind blowing. And I'd learned so much from that first box set and just absolutely happy with it. No, Chris White Reindeers not the one that got the Vinegar Syndrome Partner release. The Vinegar Syndrome Partner release is a modern Christmas.
Speaker 3: Movie for Yeah, that was a movie that came out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the The White Reindeer is a I think it's a fifty nine title something like that.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this again, Gage is gonna give me in trouble. Love this release. Love what Severn does with their box sets. If you have any questions or want to know anything about it, you know, reach out. I will absolutely help you out. Oh you were being silly that I missed that, and I apologize. Chris Simmonar says, if it was Jallo, I'd be more inclined. See man, I am the opposite a lot of the Yallow films, they tend to blend together for me after a while. These films are like the opposite. They're all so especially because it's a worldwide box set release and they're covering so many different types of culture and folk like mysticism that's been passed down for so long. These are just very different. I think, very very stoked on this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm super stoked on them, and I just recently starting to even get into Jallo. Honestly, I guess Blood and Blacklace would probably be the first Jallo I haven't really watched. I don't think. I don't know what other Gallow I've seen might be the first one. So I do have volume one, two, and three of the Forgotten Jolly box sets from Various Syndrome, so I didn't want to watch those before I had actually started watching, you know, the bigger films in the genre. So now that I've watched Blood and Black Lace, I'll probably try to watch bird with the crystal plumage. Next.
Speaker 2: Nice good choice.
Speaker 3: I have seen Suspiria, but I don't know that's like a it's not a yellow.
Speaker 2: Let's see. Craig says, if you're in LA and are excited about folk whore in this release. The Savage Hunt of King Stack is screening at the PRS, the research society that Dennis Bartok works at, that is next Wednesday, and he says, I think Kayla Janice is going to be there to intro it in person. Look at that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's awesome too. If you ever get the chance to listen to any of her interviews or podcasts or whatever she's she's probably one of my favorite like disc producers to here listen to listen to what she thinks about movies. She has a very I think a very very positive of great way that she has a perception of film. If that's a way to word that, I don't know, I don't know what I'm saying, but like her perception on film is very inspiring.
Speaker 2: I would say I would say that she has a magnetic, uh magnetic appreciation for underseen films that if you if you were watching a movie and she has an intro on watch the intro because it will make you genuinely excited for what you're about to see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's great and she can talk about it and it's such a great way.
Speaker 2: Two she Uh, she complimented something I did once and I was floating.
Speaker 3: For like two weeks that Yeah, awesome, that's cool.
Speaker 2: If that is not enough for you, they are also doing one of their gigantic bundles and I want.
Speaker 3: That like Diorama thing, and I was expecting two thirty five for just the box, So this I'm saving ten dollars and still getting right.
Speaker 2: So uh, this bundle is limited to seven hundred and fifty and yes it is priced at two hundred and twenty five dollars. So you get the box set, you get that giant storybook that you are already getting with the box set. On top of all that, you get a hand of Glory t Infuser, you get the ninth Hearten paper puppet theater, you get a Corpse Roads tea towel, a double sided Blood on the Stars zine, that entire storybook like we were talking about. And then they're also doing this exclusive all the Haunts by Hours version of their Severn tope bag that's got the little braided flowers on her hair. I gotta be honest for everything that you're getting in this, this seems very fairly priced.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent. That puppet theater thing is so cool that that is going to look so cool sitting on people's shelfs, like as a bookend or you know, like a book not kind of deal. I think it's a great.
Speaker 2: Idea, right next to the black Emmanuel paper doll.
Speaker 3: Ah. Yes, I'm very upset that I missed out on that thing too. I still need to get a box set, but this is.
Speaker 2: Severed, sorry, Sibners says. Or you could buy a four K with two slips of poster and some stickers from scratch, same price. Yeah, this is this is impressive. Like the I know the Sefron is known for the chotchkeys and their first all the all the Haunts bars or All the Haunts beyrs whatever it's called bundle was no different. They had some great things. They had a key chain, they had this really beautiful plate. Everything came in this big bundle of like fake hay in your cardboard whatever. This this is a legendary release that will go down as some of the al timer things, and not to again, as Gage already said, I'm a paid shill. I'm genuinely not uh, and not to feel like I'm.
Speaker 3: I walked in on him and films at home they were talking about they secretly ru on the YouTube and Don in the desk and a film at home.
Speaker 2: Well, I need to get in on their money because they are making more than me.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to get Home Channel too. I'm gonna I'm gonna go on there to spread the word.
Speaker 2: Of not a Paige shill. However, I will remind everybody this Saturday is Severn's big pop up. I don't remember what they call it, but there they're pop ups.
Speaker 3: Shot filing something like that.
Speaker 2: So reminder that last year that's where we found out about Opera, That's where we found out about Spider Labyrinth. That's where we found out about a couple of the titles that just came out in their last sale, and so we have all. First off, I was definitely not in a lambo. You saw how yeah, the lambo would be cruising around in me. But second off, like I was barely holding on for dear life in Jeremy's car. Was he haf uh. He's got a fairly modern, nice car, but it's a it's still fairly small.
Speaker 3: Then my job all days I shoot cars at a car dealership, so I get in so many cars that are just so fucking small, Like I have to get in the back seat of a Mustang, which like shouldn't have back seats, So like, yeah, I'm like, what the fuck.
Speaker 2: When I was buying my first car, somebody tried to sell me a car that they had welded the front seat in place. I literally couldn't even fold in half to get in, and they were like, so, do you want it? I was like, no, of course not.
Speaker 3: My first vehicle is in nineteen ninety two Chevy Blazer, which I still have. It's at my parents' house. The seat broke in it when I was in high school, and we welded it in place because it was like sliding everywhere. So I have it wealthed in a spot that's for me perfect. But like anybody else that drives my truck, they're like, yeah, so that was that was great?
Speaker 2: What was I say, Oh, the seventh thing on Saturday. So I just keep in mind, we're about to find out a lot more. They you know. I'll tell you guys, if you're excited about this bundle and what they've been doing this year and how could they outdo some of that, just wait for Saturday.
Speaker 3: Saturday is going to be sick for multiple reasons. And every year it's always around the same time. And because it's on the West Coast and they're doing like movies till like ten o'clock or whatever, like we're going to be getting like seven like leeks and stuff going on until four in the morning.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Because it's all on the West coast, so it's awesome. And this Saturday is the start of college football, which is my favorite thing in the whole wide world. It's like up there with the movies and wrestling is like my favorite things. And there's games on because there's a Hawaii game that kicks off at eleven fifty nine Eastern time. I will be up till four o'clock in the morning watching the football games on my phone, waiting for more and more seven leeks. So I cannot wait for that. Because not only the films that they show at the theater for the festival, but also they do like trailers and stuff of things that they're going to be doing. So we usually get lots of like leeks and stuff for that, so I'm very excited for them.
Speaker 2: Chris, you missed that. Saturday is the seven pop up Shock Film Festival thing where they're revealing a whole bunch of titles.
Speaker 3: Is Jeremy going doesn't hear so he's gonna spill all the tea in the Oh yeah, Alex, Oh there you go. He says it right there. If I could read, yes, give me all the info. Gage. Are you a fantasy football guy?
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 3: I'm in two leagues. I was almost going to be in the third league this year, but it was wound up being a two hundred dollars buy in. All my managers at work and I was like, I need a raise before I can do a two hundred dollars buy in to college. I already am doing one hundred dollars buy in.
Speaker 2: It's more than a twenty four film box set coming.
Speaker 3: But if I won, I would get like two thousand dollars, so I could get a lot of I could get the Vinegar Syndrome subscription, I can get a.
Speaker 2: Whole bunch of You could buy like three and a half Criterion box sets.
Speaker 3: That's funny that. I mean, there's nothing that needs to be said about that said, like, it's cool that's coming out. Whatever, the amount of testosterone that just emanated from you just listing you and she just canceled out for the day. I can't wait to be on celested on her channel we're supposed to be doing. I can't wait for that because I feel like we're very we talked about it. We have a very similar sense of humor, and I feel like our I feel like ours should be a Patreon exclusive. I think it shouldn't be for the public.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that I mean that might have been my favorite coming up. That is good.
Speaker 3: That's almost That comment was almost as good as Baby Daddy Driver and clockwork.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're still doing announcements. We only got two left. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: One last thing about that seven bucks out. I'm so sorry is the all the trats key stuff. I love it because you know why, because my mom would love it, and your mom would love it too. Everybody's moms would love it. So next time you see people making fun of all the chatchkey stuff, just know that your.
Speaker 2: Mom would like it well, and be honest. I like a lot of the Severn stuff is genuinely useful, Like, uh.
Speaker 3: I would use the tea diffuser for sure, Yeah.
Speaker 2: A tefuser, a tea cloth, the toe bag. My my oldest kid goes to sleep every night wearing the ie mask from the h.
Speaker 3: Is it on the tolowcase of the the Oh my god, please don't tell me they use that pillow case.
Speaker 2: They do not have the pillow case. O. But yeah, Jonah, for anybody that's watched the channel, Jonah goes to sleep every night with the imass from the other box set that they put out the house Psychotic women use it every single night, and I love it. That's awesome, absolutely love it. Sam says, who's dropping those leaks? They're not leaks, they're announcing.
Speaker 3: Oh they're not leaks. Yeah, yeah, I'm saying they will leak out. They don't necessarily make the announcements that the announcements leak out. It's all part of it.
Speaker 2: They know what they're doing, the pandemic coat hanger. So yeah, Sam, I'll be posting those announcements, I promise.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They have the feetust jar, they're around them.
Speaker 2: Oh we've got one of those. Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh nice?
Speaker 2: Oh man, that was a loud laugh. I'm sorry, I probably just hurt. Like twelve years.
Speaker 3: Closest to football I'll get is the color scheme of our podcast page. Oh I just followed that. Actually, it just randomly popped up on my Spotify thing.
Speaker 2: I saw.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know you announced that.
Speaker 2: It was like nobody has it's been on the slide. We haven't done the first episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so yeah, Spotify put me on game before it even Yes, I saw there was like the one one minute clip on there. I didn't click on it yet, but I did follow it on Spotify.
Speaker 2: That was just so I could get the podcast loaded. And it's just me being an idiot for thirteen seconds.
Speaker 3: I dig the I mean, you're the deaf crocodile logo. I'm gonna make a fucking deaf crocodile team on the team Builder for the College Football twenty five video game. That's good.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's great.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 2: Uh planned nights that I was picturing your kid in the opera glasses. He would, honestly, he would love them. He's walking around every day right now in Oh my god, these god awful fully plastic like highlighter yellow Little John shit sunglasses that are just the little shutters. What is the point of that for a nine year old? I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's tight?
Speaker 2: Love it, Greg. I just found it myself online. I didn't know it was up there. I mean, Loki, if you follow the show, Hey announcement there's a Deaf Crocodile podcast coming.
Speaker 3: I just that was the leak that I just came in with. What's up?
Speaker 2: All right? Two more titles? Enough rope. This is coming from Keno on October fifteenth. This is from nineteen sixty three brand new audio commentary with David del Val and Dana m Reims. This is in French with optional English subs. And I know nothing about this.
Speaker 3: I don't know you there. And I saw it announced today and I loved the artwork for it, and I love that it's got a new four K restoration which is good, and it's a Scope two THU fave one. So I was like, this sounds sick. I don't do you know what TF one is?
Speaker 2: I do not. I was going to look into this and I did not get to do it. Craig, do you know what TF one is? You likely do four K restoration by TF one. I'm assuming it's probably an archive in France.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what I thought. It was a European archive, because that's that seems to be the names of all their stuff is similar. I'm that kind of kind of a name. So yeah, this definitely looks cool. I looked it up on IMDb, and because when I first saw it, I was like, I think this is on my watchless on IMDb, but it was not so.
Speaker 2: The fine interpositive huh mm hm, No, it's it's not a four K. No, it's not a four kate restoration by the fine interpositive.
Speaker 3: Lens. It's about autierotic affixiation.
Speaker 2: Correct says, yes, it's a French company. Perfect, all right, Uh, pans last one of the night.
Speaker 3: Let's go. I didn't know that there was a second one.
Speaker 2: There's a second one, and it's supposedly much much better than the first one. October eighth, Walmart Exclusive, Blu ray steal book from screen factory of Winnie the Pooh The Day two the sequel. Yeah, check it out. October eighth, Walmart Exclusive. Uh, we're ending on this and that feels very anti climactic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would like to. I would like to see both of them.
Speaker 2: I yeah, I'll watch them both.
Speaker 3: I'd like to watch them. Not a high bar.
Speaker 2: All right, that's it for the week, and then we always look at what is coming out next week in case you forgot before we head into our discussion next week, is that drive for K steel book coming from uh? I think that's a Sony Steel book, right, yeah? Yeah, And then all the Vinegar Syndrome stuff is going to be listed. Obviously that's been out for a little bit, but these are the wide release dates. Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes four K, PULCHR guiyst two four kuh Sudden Death four K from Keno. Sorry I'm still coffin from that well Desperado four K steelbook from Arrow and Alphabet Alpha Harder Alphaville four K from Keno Real Life four K from Criteria last year at Mirrabad four K from Keno Succession, that complete series Blu ray box. That's another one of those big TV ones that I honestly didn't really expect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's really cool because I know a lot of people were I've seen people saying like, ah, they'll never get come out and they'll never come out, and there it is like what the series ended just this year, right.
Speaker 2: I think so? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I know all my friends are like, you gotta watch it. The TV I know, like Gone with the Winning, Lord of the Rings and Indiana Jones and not seeing those is ridiculous. But the amount of TV that I have not seen is I don't even want to talk about it. Like, I still need to see Breaking Bad, The Wire, Sopranos.
Speaker 2: We're watching The Sopranos right now.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I need to see Bad. Yeah. Why are you so sorry for your cost comment?
Speaker 2: Van says, Winnie the Pooh has the word pooh in it, and I feel educated somehow.
Speaker 3: Get it together, Ryan alive.
Speaker 2: That's funny, Oh man, I was laughing way too hard at that. Mother four K from Criterion High Crime, four K from Blow Underground, Pee Wee's Playoffs getting a reissue from Shout Factory, Watchman Chapter one four K, Focus four K, The Watchers four K. That's Shamalan's Dowters film, Empire of the Ants and Frogs and Food of the Gods and Kingdom of the Spiders and Squirm, all Keno cult titles coming out Big Big Week Double Jeopardy four K getting its standard release, Star Trek Discovery, the final season Castle of Blood four K coming out as a standard release from seven took Jiro Lon Yakuza from Radiance. The Alaskans from.
Speaker 3: Got pushed back. I think they got pushed back to September. Yeah, because they found new They found the bumpers and the like original credits for the for the entire original series. So they found a whole bunch of new shit and added on to it, which is cool.
Speaker 2: I did not know that part. That's pretty great. Yeah, uh Stan is saying, what is nuts? Nuts is the first release from CARTOONA the new maybe it's not the newest, now one of the newest OCN partner labels, and it is supposed to be pretty great.
Speaker 3: That place Sunray that they showed that there, and I saw the trailer for that movie. I'm not even joking, probably fifty times, like every movie that they that you went and saw for like that year. I swear they showed the trailer for that movie because they had showed it several times.
Speaker 2: Right, Thank thank you Celeste for leaving a one star review. At least it will be the first one star review that doesn't call me a lib tard. Oh man, this sad thing is I'm not kidding at all. The White Dog coming from Keno, the Woman four K and Offspring four K coming as a you're still.
Speaker 3: And then I just started digging to me, Gibson, there's too much, too much.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Uh, I do want to point out Door to Door Maniac here from philm Masters coming next week. That is a Johnny Cash starring film with a bonus feature on there called Right Hand of the Devil. So it's another one of their double featured discs. And Will and I did a visual essay on Right Hand of the Devil. We talk about uh, the life and ouvra of one Aaron Catcher, who is the director and star of Right Hand of the Devil, and we got I love really hard because we just uh we got our most praise filled review of one of our extras yet and I posted it today over on all the social media because it's a it was a pretty good review and the review literally said two words about our bonus feature, that's it and it was quote quite enjoyable. Well, I think our first review ever that came out said that we were adequate.
Speaker 3: That's funny. What did.
Speaker 2: About it? Uh? He said that it's just it insists upon itself.
Speaker 3: The political shows over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it happens all the time. Lots of more in archive, like next week, hill Billy's in a Hunted House from v C I Proud Rebel. This is uh. I don't even remember who's putting that one out.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's a it's a newer company. I remember you talking.
Speaker 2: About Real Vault, Real Vault, Real Vault. What is that? Yeah, Beatlejuice four K steep but coming back out Ace is High from Keno Got There's a lot of stuff. Next week Viva Lamorte from Radiance the This is a big one. Maybe we should talk about that for a second. Yeah, Memento Mori, the Jorg however you say his name Jorg. But Gright Films got delayed because they accidentally region be locked all of the films in this set for the US release. So Arrow is delaying this for a handful of weeks and you will be getting that later.
Speaker 3: I want to get that. I want to get that from my friend too, because he's recently got in My friend Matts recently got into collecting discs and he's like super into, Like he he'll buy shit that even I have never even heard of like he'll just randomly buy like some random like German bootleg of some extreme European horror movie from two thousand and five. And I'm like, all right, so I think he would like that.
Speaker 2: I want to God, damn it, you were way too funny, Celestias, it's your boot Oh god, that's good. Oh man, I didn't mean to start laughing while you were describing that, but that was hilarious. I've heard what you wish for is really good. That's also coming out next week. Terror Firma is releasing next week as well. Ride from this year getting a blu ray released. I believe that's from well Go and that's everything. There's obviously the way at the bottom.
Speaker 3: What did I ask you, kitties salacious sensations?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, we don't usually cover the hint, but you really want me to uh any of these that you are either already got in or dyned yet or have pre order.
Speaker 3: I do want that Pewee's Playhouse. I know that it originally had already had a blue ray set released by them. I do want to get that. I remember when when he passed away, I was like, man, I really want because I had one when I was younger, you know, they had Peewee's action figures. There was a little Cherry action figure, and I want that for on my shelf. You can't see it up here. But I have a few different things, like I have the I have the Viewmaster from Vinegar Syndrome. And my girlfriend got me a little toy like washing machine. It's kind of like an inside joke between I. Actually really laundry is like my favorite toy chore. I love doing the laundry, so she got me that. But yeah, no, I was like that a little Cherry Action figure would be perfect for my thing. But I want that. I want that High Crime four K. I also want both of the new cinematograph titles. And yeah, I mean there's infinite stuff that I want to get, but yeah, lots of good stuff. All this radiant stuff that's about to come out looks kick ass.
Speaker 2: In other words, it's an expensive damn week. Next week, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, we're getting we're getting in. This is the time of the year. September through December is like all the big shit, you know, September through November, those three months are the three biggest months of the year for everybody, for sure.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. We are three hours into this and have not even started our film discussion, and that's amazing.
Speaker 3: I love doing laundry. I do love doing laundry. Yeah, Gage is definitely Will's sun, But does Will like doing laundry. Will doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that likes doing laundry.
Speaker 2: I don't imagine, so I've never asked. So our discussion tonight is on back to school films. Kind of already mentioned this earlier, and this is going to be a big deal because there's so much that could go into this. I mean, you've got everything from horror and comedy and coming of age and drama musicals. Uh, there's literally.
Speaker 3: Everything is endless. Yeah, it's literally endless. And when we initially came up with a discussion about what to do for this episode last week, you and your wife kind of talked about how she randomly says that she misses high school and then you're like, fuck that. I have like a love hate relationship with high school because I hated middle school so much and it was just such a miserable time in my life. But high school I actually, I actually really enjoyed high school. I was very lucky and had a great high school experience, but I hated school, like the actual that actually having to wake up and go to school, right, and so I don't miss that at all. And but this time of year, with with like football starting up, the time is about to change fall spooky season, you know, it gets colder, like this time of year is my favorite time of year, and it really starts with going back to school. And all of us had that back to school feeling for a good chunk of our life. So oh, the Triple Indy, that's a that's a great, that's a great, like all time Comedy Central late night movie right there. And I saw the title. I thought Gage was in fact going back to school in chair now I've thought about it at times. That was another question I had for you, Ryan, Did you ever go to college?
Speaker 2: I did. I went to community college in my little hometown to get my associates. And then, funny, random coincidence for those that don't know, I work for the federal government in my day job. And I started my first job with the FEDS, which was not, you know, a permanent job. I technically wasn't even a federal employee. It was like a hired contractor. I was cleaning gym equipment on a marine base, and this marine base happened to have a little satellite school that you could go, and essentially for people that are in the military, you go take you know, discounted classes for military members. Wasn't really a discount for me, it was just convenient because I was working there. So I started attending this little satellite campus. Most of my stuff was online, but it ended up being Park University, and I graduated from there in twenty twelve, and then the next year moved to Kansas City, which from the airport to here I passed by Park University, so random happenstance. I moved fifteen hundred miles away, and I'm right next to the college. If I would have moved here literally six months earlier, I could have walked with my graduating class.
Speaker 3: Damn. That's cool though, That's really cool. I'm very happy that year. I never started college, so I've thought about starting several times. And just the way that my life worked out was like right after high school, I kind of moved my girlfriend at the time moved in with me, and like started working with my parents, which is crazy to think of it. And then my mom got sick, and then like I was working and helping like out with the house and stuff like that, and it just kind of life gets gets away from it and then you join the workforce and then I'm like fuck, like I should start going to school, but I never. I never did.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, my my degree from my bachelor's is in psychology, and I never used it for even one moment, absolutely pointless. I mean, technically I use it to qualify for the job I'm in now, but it's only because you have to have a degree, a degree.
Speaker 3: That's literally from what it is. Yeah, exactly. I've run into problems with that all the time. I did video production for the Jacksonville Sharks, which is like the local arena team here nice and I worked for him all summer like just like for free, just because I was like eighteen nineteen. I was like just trying to get in and trying to do anything that I could, and like they're like, oh man, all your videos are so great and like getting a lot of attention online with this stuff. And then like when I was like they had some job openings that I applied for it and they're like, yeah, you don't have a degree, so we can't hire you. I'm like, I literally just worked for you for three months and you loved everything I did, but you can't hire me because so stupid. And it's not like this isn't a I'm not I'm not trying to do like surgery on anybody, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean?
Speaker 2: But what do I need this?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So it has. It has came by and me for sure, But I don't think I'm like truly missing out on what I want to do in my career and stuff. So but yeah, I was. I was just wondering if you ever did go to college. Part of me wishes I did. Part of me it's okay with where I'm.
Speaker 2: At, So I mean, I see the merit in it, if you mean, let's be honest. The truth of the matter is, it's a it's sadly a very privileged situation to be able to attend college the right way, be able to go somewhere for four years where you're fully supported by someone else where you don't have to work, you know, sixty hours a week while being a full time student. I didn't come from that sort of life. It sounds like you didn't either, And you know, we're in a situation where you just sort of make the best of it, and yeah, that's what happens.
Speaker 3: At sener journey here is offering some inspiring words. You know, I still think about it. I'm not completely out of it yet, so right, maybe one I will.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, there's plenty of people that still graduated, you know, sixty seventy plus yep. All right, So back to school films, anything related to education, preschool all the way through college. Is there anything while you were doing this that you recognize that you love about school films?
Speaker 3: Yes, and there's plenty of there. Like you said, there's it encompasses so many genres, right, And there's different ways that you could go about this. When we initially talked about what we were saying maybe doing high school, but then you said, you know, we should do all of school, which I'm glad you said that because that really really made it a lot easier. And there's different things that you could look at these two. Like some films are like truly films that are about school, and then there's films that just take place surrounding school, and then there's like movies that just give school vibes, you know, So it's like there's all different ways that you can attack this, and I wound up coming up with like a list of like thirty movies. So to whittle it down to ten was fun, and I partly did it in a way that like, I wanted to include some stuff that I didn't think that you would say, but then at the same time wanted it include some that I definitely think there'll be some crossover between us, Like a couple of them I didn't even want to include just because like what it was there to be said about him, because there's such problic films, But like I included him anyways, just because I was like, I want to highlight them even though they don't need it.
Speaker 2: For me, There's there's a lot here, first off, that I noticed that were very similar for me, and I think a lot of it lies in what you already mentioned what I said last week with my wife, and that's yeah, I hated school. I hated everything about it. I don't want to go back to it. And so a lot of these are comedy based for me, because it's it's like cariously living through someone that actually enjoyed it, and I'm like, oh, that looks like you could have so much fun in sixth grade or whatever, and I'm like, that doesn't exist. So a lot of these, I are very modern because they that tended to be a trope starting with like the eighties. A lot of these were focused on school comedies. A lot of these are very modern for me. A lot of these are very like important films. A lot of these are ones that I watched and they hit hard for me, and they've been around for a long time. Stuff I watched quite a few times. I've got a lot of discards. We're going to talk about these afterwards, of course, but we got our top tens, and these are again ten favorites. They don't have to be the best ten in the world. I know that there are better movies, like I'm sure The Breakfast Club is a talk about it.
Speaker 3: I like The Rexless Club too, but I didn't want to talk about it exactly.
Speaker 2: A lot of these are ones that I've never talked about on the show. So I'm very excited to talk about these. So let's start with your number ten gauge. What do you got?
Speaker 3: Okay, we're starting with me. Okay, Well, first I'll say stan Geezy, Blackboard Jungle, and Heathers. I've never seen both of those. Heathers is definitely high up on my watch list, and d Sibner Blockers is in my top like eleven, like it was like just miss my list. I saw that it's so fucking funny. And then also Goodbye mister Chips. I've never seen, or Blackboard Jungle, and I know, Goodbye mister Chips. I think has a Warner archive, I think. But all right, so I'm gonna start with number ten. And this is definitely some recentcy bias because it's a movie that I just watched last night, and I'm sorry two nights ago, two nights ago.
Speaker 2: It's the last movie that i've so after we play in the topic nice after.
Speaker 3: We play on the topic, and this movie I was already going to watch it anyways. So recently I watched earlier I talked about, I watched Malibu High and I watched Topaz, which are actually two school movies and they're not on my list, but I enjoyed both of those. I'm I kind of theme my watching patterns, you know, like this time of year right now, I'm watching lots of summer themed kind of movies. End of summer and going back to school stuff, and so this film I have saved for this time period.
Speaker 2: So even if we hadn't what I'm so excited to see what this is.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're gonna be it's a stupid movie, I'm sure, but but this movie. I was going to watch it anyways, even if we hadn't done this. But I was so shocked with how much that I like this movie. It is going to be something that I rewatch every year now. And it is Arrows release of Girls Night Out. Holy shit, have you seen this one?
Speaker 2: Yead?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I couldn't believe. It absolutely nails that spooky crisp air fall back to school aesthetic, like perfectly, and like the textures in this film are amazing, like the brick walls and the at the beginning there's the hardwood basketball court, like I could smell that hardwood, that school hardwood basketball with the thick lacquer on it. It's just so great. And this movie has so much pedigree in it, Like the stars in this movie are crazy, Like Revenge of the Nerds. One of the girls in it that has a smaller role in it, I was kind of crushing on her, and I went and looked her up. She was in A Violent Nature this year, which she's only been in like ten movies ever, and like two of them were like Friday the thirteenth movies this and then like in a Violent Nature. I was like, what the hell, that's sick?
Speaker 2: Interesting?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then this disc Also, I knew that this movie had like a very hard restoration because it only exists in prints and so it's like taken from several prints. So this presentation is a very grindhouse esque presentation on disc here. I love that look. And this is something that Brad just talked about on his YouTube channel the other day about the way that these films look. I think that it enhanced the viewing of this movie because of the way that it looked. I as long as the issues with the discs are not digitally introduced to it, I'm okay with film damage and like, because that's inherently there on the actual piece of art that we're trying to watch. So I love the way that it looked. And this disc has great It has an awesome booklet that has some pretty good I forget who the essay writer is in it, but it's an amazing essay and it's producers are Francisco some so great pedigree. Ewan Can't also another great and then the two restoration producers for are Joe Rubin and Andrew Furtado. So even this disc has great pedigree to it. This movie kicked so much ass, and the ending of it is like chilling. It's kind of got like this crazy like it holds on the scenes of this this woman's face and it's just very very chilling, and they just absolutely nail everything about this movie. I loved it so much. So that's it.
Speaker 2: That is a great choice, one that I probably should watch again. It's been oh man, probably just a couple of months after released on disc that I watched it. But it was such a yeah, like you said, like it's a great texture film. It's a movie that you can you can feel, you can sense, you you you time travel into a completely different a gym, a school setting, into these situations that you can you can just tell exactly what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in your placed there with these characters, and it does. I mean the movie was made, it was produced by these like two like lawyers or something like that. To the financers behind it were these two lawyers and I think one of the guys like directed part of it or something like that, but you often see that in the letterbox reviews are like, oh, this was just made by two guys. I wanted to make a teen slasher movie. And the essay actually talks about at this time the slasher genre kind of fell out of favor, so they kind of marketed it several different ways, so there's like different there's the Scare Maker, and there's another title that it went by, so they kind of marketed it in different ways and you never struggled to find its footing. But it's got some pretty unique or not unique, but just good camera work in it. Like there's some really good like uh like dolly shots and stuff like that that it's just like you could tell that there was some level of competence in this movie. Oh and it's got how holebroke in it as well, which gave the finance seeing people the you know, the power to give them money for it. So it's having him attached to it. So I could go on and on about it, but yeah, it's it's absolutely amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like you're gonna have to pull me out the stage on many of these titles.
Speaker 3: Oh and one more thing I wanted to say about it. I'm sorry to cut you off right. No, that's this movie is that a lot of us I saw a lot of reviews saying that the characters like lacked any like substance or whatever, which because like all the characters in this movie do. I mean, they're like definitely like ripped out of Animal House, like eighties like you know, misogynistic, ass grabbing kind of characters that all the guys are in it. But the characters that you follow, yes, you never really get too much like deep into any of them because it kind of flip flops around the characters so much, like because you're introduced to these characters and then they kind of disappear and then you go to one guy to the next girl, to another guy. But I think by doing that, the characters become secondary to what's actually happening in the movie. But by doing that, it makes visiting each of these characters fun because like you're just like kind of briefly getting like these like vignettes into these weird characters. I don't know, I just really enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: For the record, they see my stupid face every week. You please keep talking. Oh, no, I don't never apologize.
Speaker 3: I see he's going He's going to sleep. Now. I've talked too much about this stupid eighties movie. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: That was my mom. It's totally fun. She has in the morning, okay, and my mom so red. She just saw Green Day two nights ago and she's still tired from that.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. That is so cool.
Speaker 2: My number ten. This is one I think I've talked about a couple of times on here before, but one that was I don't know, like almost post traumatic stress, bringing up memories of how much people cared about things. I got to go with Whiplash and JK. Simmons, and Whiplash is such a demanding, villain esque character. This movie is legendary. And as somebody that grew up playing in wind ensemble and jazz bands, and I wanted to be in some of these bands so bad, Like I started learning clarinet in elementary school. I learned bass clarinet because I realized I could be more sought after as a player if I was playing something that wasn't as common as a clarinet. And then I've found out that there's no bass clarinet in the jazz band. So over summer I went away and taught myself how to play saxophone and came back and fell in love with jazz and music and being able to play solos and all this stuff, and then went on to play for years.
Speaker 3: So this movie hits only one famous clarinet jazz.
Speaker 2: Right unfortunately, and all of the jazz stuff that we had there was just never any clearnet parts. So they were like, yeah, we don't we don't need a bass clarinet player sorry, And I was like, fine, I'll get in some other way, and uh yeah, went and beat the I went and taught myself of a play alto sacks, picked up the barrytone sacks, and then beat the only Barry sax player in the jazz band, and so he was kicked out and I took his place. Yeah, Whiplash is legendary for me. It is so authentic in the obsession aspect of perfecting some of these skills that a lot of us are forced to in school. And it's it goes so much deeper than music, because it's not just about that. There are so many people that have the same dedication to geometry. There are so many people that have the same dedication to writing, the same dedication to playing football in high school. I totally get that, and this movie can totally on all of those different fields as long as you just, you know, look at JK. Simmons as a crazy, essentially perfectionist for any of these subjects and great performances from everybody. Really love everything about this. I completely adore Whiplash. I think a lot of people just misjudged it that year. I know that it was a lot of people's very favorite film from that year, but a lot of people also hated it, and I don't understand those that hated it. I thought it was mind blowing love it.
Speaker 3: That is so awesome. I'm so angry right now because I didn't even think of Whiplash. Not only is it my favorite year, my favorite film of twenty fourteen, but for the past ten years. I've been telling people that that's my favorite movie for the past ten years, and now that movie's ten years old, which is crazy that I just didn't even fucking think of this. So I played the drums and jazz ensemble. I know we've talked about nice. I actually got to see it on opening night, which was really cool. At at the cinema here and me and the two people I went with were the only three people in the theater on opening night, which is just insane. But it was like the ten fifty five showing. So, oh my god, that movie is absolutely amazing. Everything about that movie is fucking perfect. It's a perfect movie. And one of my favorite things about that movie that I remember seeing online was I guess he was on the whatever Lettermans show was, but Steve or who is it, Stephen Colbert, he has a which whatever you can say about him, but I remember he had I remember seeing this clip online of somebody being like talking to I think it's him and Jerry Seinfeld. Maybe they did like the Cars of Coffee. Maybe I don't know. He says. You know the movie, I wanted to like it, but I remember I had a friend that plays jazz, and you know, he just told me that's not what jazz is all about. Well, you know, it's it's a free flowing like you know, the blah blah blah blah blah. And I was like, man, you have never been to like an art school situation, because that's exactly how all those crazy focks.
Speaker 2: Are exactly like that well, and the way that they teach jazz is you have to be able to nail the timing exactly perfectly for like four minutes straight before you're allowed to play in the sandbox exactly. Once you can do that and you have the ability to annotate it all perfectly, then you're welcome to the party. Yeah, but it takes a lot to get there.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I was. I played jazz in high school. I believe the drum set in jazz high school. I was never great or anything like that. I was never like there's so much involved with it, especially with drumming. I would say drummings probably the easiest thing to do in jazz, because I think drumming is the easiest instrument to begin with. Anyways, people disagree, but whatever I think it is. But you know, just like being able to, you know, syncopate your snam with your left hand on the snare with what the alto sax is doing right, It takes so much repetition of you and I practicing three days a week for four months that I can get that.
Speaker 2: So like that.
Speaker 3: The movie does have a perfect ending, As Craig says that that movie is amazing, and you know, it's getting a release for its to your anniversary. I saw, so I would like to go see that in theaters again. I have the Blue Red. I do not have the fore get of it. I need to get the fore git.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful movie. Absolutely love it.
Speaker 3: Damn, I'm so mad that you just said that and I didn't even fucking think of it. That's my number one now, so whatever I say is number one. Girls the Night Out was my number eleven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's hilarious, and it was my number ten, bottom of my list. That's my number one, all right, number nine for you.
Speaker 3: Number nine. I do not have the disc of and I never owned the DVD of it, but we did own the VHS tape of it a long time ago when I was a young But my favorite is a college football movie and it's the greatest football movie ever made, and its water Boy. I watched this movie probably five hundred times. And Friday Night Lights. I've never seen Friday Night Lights, and I know that that's considered like the greatest football movie and it's getting the four K now, so hopefully I'll finally try to try to watch that here soon. But yeah, Waterboys all time classic. Another movie that's like not much you can say about it because we've all seen it a hundred times other than down here in the South, you know, like Rab Schneider's character in that movie, that's literally every Gator fan. So I just want to do that out there. And now Chris, he's a Texas Longhorns fan. He's in the SEC now too, so he'll have to he'll have to deal with people like that on a daily basis now, and slowly he will become that too now that he's in the SEC. Hilarious. But yeah, Waterboys all time classic. I remember my dad at his work had a CRT TV with the VCR built into it, and I remember just going out there when I would have to like go to work with him every once in a while, and I'd just sit in there and watch water Boy, water Boy finish it and then just restart it, rewind it, and put it back on and watch it again.
Speaker 2: I watched this tape so many times that this tape like started to have the worst tracking problem. We wore out this thing so so much. And honestly, there was like four Sandler movies back to back around that time that it was like that just on.
Speaker 3: Constantly there may be another one on my list.
Speaker 2: Oh, we'll hear about that in a bit, but before we do, I want to hear I know it's only tangentially related. How do you feel about the fact that they're doing a Happy Gilmore sequel.
Speaker 3: I'm bothered. I don't care whatever he wants to do, I don't hate it. I don't hate it either. I bean Gilmore is actually not even one of my favorite Adam Sandler movies. Like it's pretty good, but it's like not even in my top five probably, So I.
Speaker 2: Just love that Netflix is paying him a shit ton of money to take vacations with his friends and make fun movies.
Speaker 3: I know, I dig it. I still I think I'm gonna try to watch the Hubee Halloween movie that's Halloween because my friend watched it and said.
Speaker 2: It's a good movie.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna try to watch that, So I dig it.
Speaker 2: It's fun. Okay. My number nine is a hell of a vibe change compared to what we've talked about already. I gotta go with like the ultimate classic in the cult side of things, and I'm gonna go with Carrie.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: This is like the ultimate seventies horror when it's you know, anything related to school. Obviously, you could talk about things like Halloween and all that, but Carrie is the horror movie for school. It is so deeply entrenched in the clicks and the vibes of school and all these people being against each other and bullying and picking on people and not knowing about other families, and something about the way that de Palma made this movie obviously comes from a great story by Stephen King, but De Paulma's directing in this is like nearly perfect. The performances in this are legendary, literally all time perfect performances, huge names that we got in this, and the fact that it made so many waves culturally. This is such an incredible film. And Craig, you're already like you're going to be very disappointed because it's my favorites, not the best. I had to put these on the list. You're gonna hate my three, two, and one. Just say good night and don't listen to the end. You're gonna be against me. You're probably gonna hate me. I adore Carry. It's one of my absolute favorite to Pauma's the hard part. He has made a nearly perfect film in almost every single genre. So for DiPalma, it is so mind blowing to try to make like a favorite Dipalma's list, because how can you. He's made a perfect movie in every single genre. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: I just recently watched the last like forty five minutes of Scarface at my dad's house because I watched walked in and he was watching it, and I was like, I forgot how fucking good that shit.
Speaker 2: It's a good movie.
Speaker 3: I was like, holy shit, but uh movie, yeah, carry is. It's like paced perfectly too. It's like a movie. It feels like it's thirty minutes long. It's so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it starts immediately like with that movie. It could have been like a very ambling preamble to this where you know you're trying to establish her as a character, but no, like they go straight into throwing tampons in the shower at this lady. Like, yeah, there's so much in this movie that's just so well done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it's really awesome. That was a movie that I watched on streaming a long time ago. I've only ever seen it on streaming. I'd like to get the Aero four K of that, for sure. I love that movie though. Yeah, it's it's also perfectly that which a lot of the movies on my list will have it, including Girls Night Now has that that that it has that wooden smell to it, you know what I mean, It's got that just which luckily, I guess in a way in my high school and middle school growing up where when we're in poorer neighborhoods, so like I still had a lot of that growing up. Like my lockers at my high school were like legit from the seventies, So I had a lot of that growing up. So when I see these movies like this, it reminds me of my high school and when so it just looked very similar to that. So yeah, that movie perfectly nails that aesthetic as well. That like Jim clothes dressing out for Jim, Like, you know, I love that so much.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny is I watch a lot of these movies and feel the opposite because I went to school in California and it was in the desert, and so we didn't have we didn't have schools where everything was indoors, everything was outside, and we didn't mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my school is entirely outdoors. To my high school was yeah, all the hallways were all outdoors, So that's crazy, do you know. You know what's crazy about them? They'll never make a school Like it's so easy to just walk on to campus with rifle. Just like how lucky we met to make it through school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the amount of times I saw people jump the fence to get away from things or to sneak back onto campus.
Speaker 3: That's what we'll talk about skipping school later too. But it was so easy for me to just walk out to my car and just leave.
Speaker 2: All right before it ends up being three o'clock. What's your number? Eight? I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: No, don't apologize, Like, okay, there's another another comedy I do not. I think there actually is a blue ray for this now the thing Shout Factory did it. There was not a blue ray for it for a long time, and I did have the DVD. You know what it is? I think not another teen.
Speaker 2: Movie show Factory did not do it?
Speaker 3: Is okay, okay, yes, not another teen movie was a movie that I had seen on Comedy Central a whole bunch growing up, And of course it's heavily since you're doing Comedy Central. And then I remember getting the DVD and it being such a game change. It's like a completely different movie. It's like that movie as another one. Like a lot of these movies, because I'd watched them a lot in my childhood, Like I've seen them probably like not another teen movie, I've definitely seen more than fifty times. Like I've watched this movie so many times, and it's so funny. It's got the football, you know, references, and I've never seen a lot of the movies that it makes fun of. But I know the hallmark moments, you know, like the Varsity Blues, like I get it, you know, I like the stair coming down the staircase, like I get it, Like I get all that. Just uh, the the one black guy. It's like, come on, man, you know that's kind of I'm supposed to be the only one that ship. Oh my god son. Yeah, that movie is so good. So yeah, that's like one of the fun and forever that was, like I always said, was the funniest movie of all time.
Speaker 2: So this is gonna be ridiculous, especially for somebody like Craig. I will talk about not another teen movie in a little while.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: Uh my number eight is a classic for me. Mean girls, Uh mean, Girls is a perfect movie. It is hilarious, It has an all timer cast, it is it literally uh you know, just the fact that it has affected so much culturally. It had to be on my list because it has been everything. Like the amount of times that we have quoted things for Me and Girls in my day to day life over the last twenty years is mind blowing. This is one of the most quoted films in my life of all time because it is pitch perfect writing, it is great casting, and it is memorable beyond belief, which a lot of these films are fairly memorable, but this on my list I think is easily the most memorable one. It has everything you could possibly want in this The film holds up obviously because they just fucking remaked it remade. It is that right. But as a musical this year, which honestly I didn't hate. I didn't think it was god awful. It was nowhere near as goes the original, of course, but it's decent. It's fun.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, So you remember the last time we did our list. I think I only saw one of the ten movies.
Speaker 2: That you did so far.
Speaker 3: This is the first one that I have not seen.
Speaker 2: I have not seen interesting.
Speaker 3: It's on my top ten after Lord of the Rings and Gone with the Wind. Mean Girls is up there because almost everybody my age has seen it. So clueless. I do like Clueless a lot, but I can't say if it's better because I've never seen Mean Girls. But uh yeah no. My friend Andrew, who I call my boyfriend all the time, that's like, Mean Girls is one of his favorite movies.
Speaker 2: So smart man, uh Ash says joining after watching a boring convention, this is so much more exciting. I'm glad that we can do this for you. I believe you are number seven.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm on number seven now, and I just realized I have this stack here and it's all upside down, so flip it because I Girls Night Out was at bottom. I had five of the ten, so which is cool, not too bad. But this is also one I've kind of watched recently and it's a bsa of wolf Pack. This movie gaked ass, dude. When you hear have you seen it?
Speaker 2: I did. This movie is so much better than the reputation it has.
Speaker 3: One hundred because when you read like, you know, uh, satire of you know, football team for fascism, you know Reaganism, MAGA like blah blah blah, and you think eighties VHS VSA, like, oh, you kind of know what you're getting into. But I think it's so much deeper than that, Like I think the uh you it's so easy for it to be like heavy handed, but it's not in a way, Like the acting is actually really good. The guys that's the guy that stars as the uh star football player that is the you know, the guy that's boot that's going for president. He uh, he's absolutely kills it. And he the way that he speaks is so convincing as that character, like you truly he doesn't seem like someone that's acting like he seems like he truly believes the things that he's saying. He absolutely kills it. And there's specifically one moment in the movie that I want to note is, you know, when he goes and talks to the like the TV production guy and they have this discussion in his in his classroom and they sit down at the like news set or whatever. The movie changes to feel like it is a news interview style, Like it looks like a nineteen eighties like like NBC Nightline kind of cinematography that it's not. It's it just so smoothly changes from a movie into that kind of filming style that it's like, Wow, that's a really cool little move they pulled off there. But it's a football movie too. I like football, And it's also got that perfect wood smell to it that I've brought up multiple times. Just I love that old high school book.
Speaker 2: I love that. One of the things you found in common through all these films in the wood smell.
Speaker 3: Yes, And another MOVI that has that same vibe to it that's not in my list that almost made it was Cutting Class. Oh good one, which also that's like that was like one of the first vinegar syndrome movies that when it got announced, I was like, oh, I actually know that movie. I remember that used to be on Encore all the time. You remember Channel. I remember watching that movie with my dad, and I have the slipcover because I bought it with all the slipcovers. I have the him getting crushed behind the bleachers or whatever, because like, that's the scene I remember the most from that movie that would smell, that would look so I love the smell of wood and I love doing laundry. Those are the two quotes that you guys got from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a great choice. I laughed quite a bit when I saw some of the feedback in like the Facebook groups where people were saying, yeah, this is so heavy handed for fascism and all that, And in all reality, if you look back to when this came out, considering all the McCarthyism and the Red Scared, all the stuff from the previous twenty five years, this movie could have went so much heavier on that side.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I feel like it's Red Dawn is more heavy handed than like this is you know what I mean? So like this is this movie kills it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, it's a good pick. Definitely one that I did not even think about for this That was a great though. This one is maybe an odd pick because probably a lot of people don't necessarily associate with school immediately. But it's also a very cliche pick. I have to go with one that I've watched maybe more than any other movie in my entire life, and this movie I had on repeat when I was a child, and thank goodness, showed my kids and at least my oldest so far absolutely loves this movie and asks to rewatch it all the time, the way that Back to the Future has affected my life, it had to be on this list. Now, what I love about this movie is it's somebody ruggling to have that stereotypical high school experience, and it's so screwed up for him, with everything that's happening in his life, with working with you know, his family situation, with his brother in law, with getting a truck, with not getting a truck, with you know, trying to help out this local individual, with you know, going to school in the fifties and suddenly you're there with your mom and everything is just weird. And I love the way that they they frame the school experience in this. I love the way that everything is so lived in. I love the way that even like the way the principle gives him a detention, is like it's legendary. Everything about this is just an iconic way to make a movie about school when it's barely like the b story in this film. It's such a well acted movie. Obviously, it's it's perfectly written. It's easily the best things in Mechas has done. Probably I don't know, it's Back to the Future. Too many people have talked about this there's nothing there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean again another one of those movies that's like this. But you know, earlier I was saying Gone with the Wind being or it wasn't Gone with the Wind, it was something else being in the top fifty like American film Cannon, like Back to the Future is probably in the ten top ten, you know, like that's just such an important movie for this country, Like everybody has seen that movie.
Speaker 2: My number six pick. With my next pick, I.
Speaker 3: Still have only have ever seen the first Gone for the first Back to the Future.
Speaker 2: You haven't seen Gone with the Wind too. Gone er.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's I'm hoping that that company puts that out after.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was my number seven. Back to the Future. Onto your number six.
Speaker 3: Okay, I shall say real quick. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl. I got to see that at sun Ray, the theater that closed down recently, and I really enjoyed that movie too. I like that movie a lot. Fun fact about that movie is the girl that I was dating at the time, who we dated for like four years five years. He was the girl that moved in with me after high school. The one of the guys that stars in that movie is from Jacksonville and he we both followed him on Instagram and he followed my girlfriend back and like DMDR and was like, damn, is your hair really turquoise? I was like, don't, don't.
Speaker 2: Oh that's funny.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's a good movie. Though I talked that movie, it is very sad though good. So okay, my next one is another one that I had the DVD of, and this DVD was warn the fuck out this movie. Okay, you just said that, back to the future of the movie you've the most in your life. Probably the movie i'd definitely watch the most of my life is Don't Be a Menace. I'm seeing that like a bajillion times. This movie could be second, it's probably second or third, and you'll appreciate it a lot. And I don't think there's a blu ray of it yet. And it was a direct to DVD movie American Pie Band Camp. This movie is another movie that I would have included on the movie Crazy Movies to Watch with your Mom yep, because this movie would have came out like I think five, maybe five or six, so I would have been like ten or eleven years old, and I remember sitting on the couch with my mom and my dad watching him jerk off into the sunscreen mob.
Speaker 2: Like, Okay, don't laugh, don't don't.
Speaker 3: My dad is like he's a dying laugh and Mom just shaking her head, but is Yeah, that movie is so fucking funny. I love that movie. So it's my favorite American Pie movie.
Speaker 2: It's a good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that's all I wanted to say about that.
Speaker 2: I love that we left back to the future and carry those those lesser movies in the dust to talk about American.
Speaker 3: He said. The d S says, there is a blu ray. Oh that might have been interested. It's a good movie, man.
Speaker 2: It is a good movie. And I would love a full complete set of all that with like updated bonus features and interviews with everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be cool because that movie. That movie has a pretty pretty cool cast, Like it's got a few guys in it that wound up doing other things, and it's got like some of the guys from the other American Pie movies and stuff. So yeah, I didn't like the other ones that came out around that same time as much as House and Naked Mile and stuff like that. Naked Mile was probably the better one of all those, but yeah, the band Camp was definitely like a notch above for sure.
Speaker 2: All of them have blue raised except for the last one. Interesting all right, how to follow up band Camp? Then with a really great high school set cult film again, and I gotta go with a very appropriate film here, The Faculty. Oh nice, this is. This is probably my favorite or second favorite horror movie set in the high school or with high school age kids at least. And the other one, funny enough, is not on the list. It's only in my honorable mentions because it just couldn't fit and I felt like the Faculty was more important to talk about. This movie is. I mean, this movie is so much fun. It has such a weird cast and yet everybody works together so perfectly. I adore the storyline here. It is such an original take on like the invasion idea and the way that they approach even like it's similar to the scenes like that we get in the thing or you're testing the people around you. It's an incredible story of like paranoia, and I love the paranoia films of the seventies where you're getting like people afraid of the government, speaking of the Red Scare and McCarthyism and all that shit. All of that was such a great approach to a film in the nineties because a lot of those paranoia films were, you know, chocked up to the Cold War and feelings of these other governments. A lot of that. We were kind of out of it in the nineties, and it was scarier for a lot of people because you didn't have all this other paranoia, and so the paranoia, just like in the thing, was it could be the people right next to you. And this movie is a hell of a lot of fun, genuinely scary and a handful of scenes and great script. Directed very well by Robert Rodriguez again, John Stewart, fom Ka Janssen, Josh Hartnett Usher. These people should not do well together, and yet it's such a fun like chemistry field cast. It looks like it was just the most fun set to be on.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Another one I have not seen. It's a big one that I need to see for sure. And there is a four K I see early says as the FORECAS should come out twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Nope. This is one of the reasons that the labels hate Donald the discs Donal the disc came out across a retail listing for the Faculty four k. It never got announced. It's got an official announcement, so yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Yeah, Usher's Climax is one of my go to karaoke songs.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great one. So yeah, that's definitely one I would like to see for sure.
Speaker 2: You gotta see it. It's a good time. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Paper Towns is solid too. I saw Paper Towns in theaters too.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was okay, John Green movie or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I've seen any of the Young Green movies yet.
Speaker 7: It's a Tumbler movie or isn't it hint Green? Or yeah, one of them, yeah, one of them is the one of the brothers. Yeah, one of them is youtuberger than one's the bother.
Speaker 2: All right, we're done with the first half. Time for the old time classics.
Speaker 3: All right? Well, I hear the movies get a little bit more, a little bit more. Everybody's seen him. I think it's not as crazy. But uh, number five for me now is another Adam Sandler movie, and it's Billy Mine's. This movie is so fucking funny. I forget what's the guy's name. That's uh the main antagonist of the movie. Oh you know who I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: That guy.
Speaker 3: He's in a lot of he's in a lot of ship but he is so fucking funny in this movie. His facial expressions and just the he's just he's just such a dickhead and he's so good in this movie. He's a great antagonist. But we're gonna say something.
Speaker 2: I think it's Darren or no, not Darren, Bradley Whitford.
Speaker 3: Is Bradley Whitford?
Speaker 1: Is that it?
Speaker 2: I think he's the atagonist on this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll look it up too, but yeah, no, he's he's so fucking good in the movie. But uh, the movie is uh something. So I have a reoccurring dream that happens to me every once in a while. Yeah, Bradley Whitford, that's it. It's like, but uh, I have this reoccurring dream that I get like a call and they're like, hey, uh, gauge, you actually didn't graduate in high school, which if that happened to me in real life, I'd just be like, Okay, and that fucking sucks or whatever. Fuck off? How'd you get my noteber? Yeah, Like, that's just such a bizarre thing. But like in my dream, I get this call that they're like, Gage, you needn't actually graduate. Wait, you know you missed. You missed too many days of school. I skipped a lot, a lot in my senior year high school. But yeah, he's like, yeah, you haven't graduated. You got to go back. And like in my dream, I have to go back to school for like another year. So this movie is kind of that kind of nightmare that I have. But yeah, this movie is absolutely funny. And I quote it all the time. I always to my girlfriend, So you're scaring us, lady.
Speaker 2: It's the same as your other nightmare of peeing your pants.
Speaker 3: Peeing your pants was cool, consider me, Miles Davis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this movie is I mean, I mean, I listed Mean Girls as one of the most quotable movies. This movie you could chop up every line as Yeah, very quote for sure exactly.
Speaker 3: He called the ship poop. Yeah, that's another one that's always used all the time. Oh, I can't wait for Billy Madison too. That's gonna be good.
Speaker 2: This movie is hilarious. I love this one. Yeah, I love it. My number five is the only one on the list that I kind of had to cheat a little bit and I have two movies listed here, but there is a reason, and so the number five really is Can't Hardly Wait. This movie is legendary. It is the like the epitome of the ten Things I Hate about You, American pie mix type film and incredible cast. Glad that it's getting a four K. This movie is pitch perfect for stuff like that. And that was not a pun on another school related film there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pitch said earlier to be talking about mean girls, and I was like, Pitch Perick, No.
Speaker 2: I'm not giving hints, but funny enough. I had to throw out after Can't Hardly Wait. I didn't think you were gonna name it not another team movie. The biggest film that it is making fun of is can Hardly Wait.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I've never seen Ken Hardley Waite, but I don't need to because I've seen another team right. So I.
Speaker 2: Saw Can't Hardly Wait and not another team movie in the same year. Wow, And it was so odd to experience that and not know going into it that it was a satire of basically this exact film fun and so Can't Hardly Wait. Yes, it's amazing, but beyond that, not another team movie. Is the perfect way to lampoon this film. And this is the in my opinion, the only really good modern satire that is done like this. Obviously, like pop Star from the Lonely Island is incredible satire, but this, like when you're actually lampooning a genre, this is the best way to go about it. Absolutely love both of these movies. Not another team movie has inspired so much comedy throughout the years. I fun fact even used the editing from the subtitles at the beginning of none other T movie that goes around. I did that in our visual essay the top list for Terror Vision, and it is so damn funny.
Speaker 3: Foreign Exchange student, Yeah, uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is this is incredible. And yes, Walkhard is a masterpiece.
Speaker 3: I was waiting for you to pause. I was gonna say that Walhart is I say that now after fan camp that was or was it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: It was not another T movie I said was the funniest movie of all time. Now I say Walkhart.
Speaker 2: Perks of Being a Wallflower is definitely eligible. Tonight I would say ash and then uh sure, that's definitely Ronnie says, doesn't can't hardly wait. I'll take place at a party not a school. There are scenes out of school and they're all like the relationships they have are from school there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like that's why I like that. Like House Party was another one that was like on my list. I was like, I don't know, like how counted, I don't know, Yeah, for sure they all I think they all count Yeah, absolutely sure.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's my number five. I had to include both of them because I didn't think you were gonna say none o the t movie.
Speaker 3: But that's perfect, okay, yeah, yeah, that was one of my favorites. All right, So now I'm gonna get my list back up. Okay, cool, we're gonna go with this is number three for me, right, number four? Four? Okay, so this is a movie that definitely everybody's seen before. This movie my current girlfriend as the first movie we watched together. And she made a funny joke about it the other day because my friend actually just got a girlfriend, his first girlfriend in a while, and he said that they watched a movie and they're talked about movies, and I asked what she said her favorite movie was, and she said it was this And my girlfriend said, that's a basic bitch movie. And I was like it's funny because it's the first movie and I watched but Donnie Darko, which it is a basic bitch movie whatever, but it's good. And yeah, this is another movie that my girlfriend and I quote to each other all the time, and I quote the worst line the worst lines that are set at a bus stop tour all the time, like shut up, bitch. And my favorite, my favorite part of this movie is the guy smoking the cigarette and he's like, this is some good ship. He's like, it's a cigarette. But yeah, no, that movie is. The soundtrack in that movie is fucking ten out of ten on both versions of it. All last American Virgin finally got a Blu ray. I need to watch that. It's my friend Carl's like favorite movie and he loves that movie so much, so I do need to get that. But yeah, Donnie Darker, there's not much that needs to be said about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I like it. I love that we got Maggie Jill Andholl and Jake Chill and Holl interacting in a film in the most pitch perfect again on purpose sibling way.
Speaker 3: The dinner table. Yeah, that's so fucking fun. And dude, it's so good.
Speaker 2: Oh man, love it, love it. Yeah, my number four is a bit of a period piece and not one that people talk about as a period piece enough, And when I talk about it, I always highlight it as that because it is perfectly done. So I gotta go with Greta Gerwig's Ladybird.
Speaker 3: Ooh, that was close to being a mind too.
Speaker 2: This is the perfect period piece for two thousand and two. It is done, the fashion is exact, the music is exact, the interactions between the high school students exactly like it was in two thousand and two. All of this is just so great. And then on top of that, you are throwing in an incredible relationship dynamic between mother and a daughter done in a way that has not done has not been done that way on screen, that realistic of a way in most films. I think the performances in this are far and away better than most of the films on my list tonight. And I think that Laurie Metcalf is one of the greatest actors of all time, and nobody ever talks about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that movie kicks ass too, And Timothy Shalloon is so good in it. Yes, girl, that shit's so fucking funny. He's so good that that year that was like would have been like I saw host Hostels called me by your name and Ladybird like all within like eight months from each Damn, this kid fucking rocks. Dude. Shit, now he's like huge. But yeah, that Ladybird was awesome and you're absolutely nail at what it kills that two thousand and two aesthetic perfectly. Eighth grade was a great I never saw that either eighth grade is fantastic. Documentaries could count for surely absolutely, but uh, Ladybird kills that year perfectly. Where I think that we're due for movies set around that time period. I think we need and my friend Carl and I who want to make movies one day when when we grow up and figure our lives out. That's we always joke about, like making movies about that time period because that's like their children, you know. It's like, what's that I can't remember? What's that DJ Qualls movie? The New Guy? You remember that? I do?
Speaker 1: Ye?
Speaker 3: We were like, we want to make that movie. But just in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Craig says, Jesus Christ two thousand and two is considered a period piece when it comes out in what twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: Is that what it was around that eighteen?
Speaker 2: When it comes out sixteen years later and they're specifically setting it in two thousand and two. Yeah, I mean I could set it in twenty fifteen and it could be a period piece, absolutely, But the big difference is they actually go out of their way to make it everything stylized for two thousand and two.
Speaker 3: The closed I mean, like that's what what the art department. I'm sure would count it as a period piece if they have to go out and find twenty cars from two thousand and two to be in the movie, you know, so I guess it counts as a period piece for sure.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Yeah, Assumer says, I would include American Teen truly an authentic look at team life in the two thousands.
Speaker 3: Nice, Yeah, check that out. That's my last. All right, is it my turn?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir?
Speaker 3: Okay, let me get my list. I'm so sorry. Make sure that Okay. So we got three more left? Right?
Speaker 2: Three more left? Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, So my next one is probably the last one that I mean, there might not be any more crossover, but this one, for sure, I doubt you have, but I believe I talked about it on our first episode together, and that is Harold Lloyd in The Freshman from nineteen twenty five. So this movie is a great comedy. It's very easy to watch if you're getting into silent movies because it's short. It's only seventy six minutes long, and it's very lots of slapstick, you know, obviously physical humor. It's all football stuff, so getting tackled and stuff like that. But Harold Lloyd, I didn't see any of his stuff really that much until I had gotten into Criterion, because like Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin you could find on YouTube all over the place, but Harold Lloyd's kind of one of I guess more forgotten. But he actually is very funny. And this movie is cool because they filmed it in usc Stanford, cal and UCLA's football stadiums back in the twenties, so it's a good time capsule of American football at that time period. And there's a really cool, like a little featurette on here. Harold Lloyd gets too overlooked, that is definitely true. But yeah, the movie is awesome. This Criterion box is awesome. It's absolutely perfect a silent movie for people to get into and then if you like football, it's good too because it's a time gaps A little portion of football that's often overlooked is I mean, it's the true American pastime baseball. I know people like baseball a lot, but college football is especially down here in the South, is so huge that it's super important. And all these California schools, it sucks that they're not as big as they were back in the twenties. Back in the twenties they were the top dogs in the sport and now they're not anymore. But it's really cool to check out this movie. And yeah, so that's my number three.
Speaker 2: Good pick that I haven't seen. I'm sure this is great, I trust you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, definitely. And like I said, because it's so short, it's easy, breezy to watch, and pacing is awesome. It's got some good prohibition humor in it. It's just funny. And they're freshman humor, you know, the other freshmen getting picked on. So that's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that sounds good. My top three here are hilarious because they are very of their time. And I didn't mean to do this, but my number three is like the quintessential eighties. My number two is like the quintessential nineties, and then my number one is a very obvious two thousands. I just happened to go in order. Then my number three, this is again one that I've seen countless times and one of the most like craft filled of these films that I've had on my list so far. And gotta go with Heckerling's Fast Times at Richmond High. This movie is the probably the most iconic and absolute faithful depiction of high school maybe ever. The way that these characters are built, the way that these characters interact, the way that you see, you know, all of the clicks completely diving in and out of interacting with each other. This movie is amazing through and through it gifted us so many iconic stars for the future. This one was literally one of the first, like three or four that when we said that we were doing this, I was like, oh, well, this has to be very high on the list. And the only reason it's not one or two is just honestly, I've I'm probably slightly more personally collected to my number one, personally connected to my number one and two, but this movie, I mean, if I was born five or six years earlier. This was me, like, I totally understand I would have fallen right into this film.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the definitely one I'd caught on TV a whole bunch as well growing up, and then later on saw it uncut and the real movie yeah, and then I was like, oh man, this is very different movie. And I gotten a clip of it to play out of Jacksonville Sharks game on the big screen. One of my this was one of the coolest things I did when I worked for the Sharks was I became known as the movie guy that knew all the movies. So, like when they would have the theme nights, they would have me like select movies in. One of the knights was eighties night or whatever. So I selected like twenty different movie clips to play from this and I played a terrible clip from this movie though.
Speaker 2: Was so bad.
Speaker 3: I'd put it in there as a joke to the guy that was like that was like running it, and he played it over the screen. I'm not going to repeat what scene it is because it uses a slur that's no longer right. Yeah. So I couldn't believe that they played it in the stadium with ten thousand people, but the Phoebe Kates The Pool has been replayed more times than the Phoebe Kate's is So beautiful, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, also love just randomly that Judge ryan Hold obviously plays a big part of this movie, and then we got to see him in twenty twenty four and Axel Foley The Beverly Hills Cop film. I always loved him. I wish he did more films. He kind of fell off the face of the earth there for a little while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't think of anything that I've seen him in, like in twenty years. I don't know what else he's been in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good stuff. Love the movie, Love Phoebe Kate's love, Love the characters in this movie. They're just They're so just people.
Speaker 3: There is another one I'm waiting to buy the four K of because I know when Criterion announced it, I was like, it's gonna get a four K eventually, So I'm just gonna wait.
Speaker 2: So yep, you know it all right.
Speaker 3: So that means there's only two left for me now. So these two I've waffled over which was one, which was two, but it doesn't really matter. So I'm just gonna go with this one because I have her for number two. But number two is a movie about the ending of school, and that is Richard Linklater's Dazed and Confused. This movie takes so much ass. I this sadly is just the Blu Ray, not that you'd be able to tell because Criterion doesn't change the things. But I'm okay with that because this is iconic. That's why they do that. People know what this is when you see it. So yeah, this movie I watched actually right after high school, was the first time I had watched it, and that was a pretty uh. I think that was a good time in my life to watch it, and I think that I might actually at a good point in my life again to rewatch it now now that it's been ten years. And the beginning of this movie has that feeling of that that that would smell like that, that old locker room, those old hallways and stuff like that. And that opening scene that them chasing all the all the younger kids around with the paddles is just so funny, and yeah, this movie kicks ass. Richard Linklater is one of the best. Do you know when the seventies were you know what's funny is you know one of my favorite TV shows of all time is that I've watched a ba jillion times in the seventies show no vh ones. I love the seventies. Do you remember those shows?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, dude.
Speaker 3: When I was like my friend Robert, who's like the like one of the only guys I know that has uh that has seen as many movies as I have it, he knows as much as I do about it, like amongst my friends. He actually also grew up watching that. I love the seventies TV show and I love the eighties TV show. So we always talk about, Man, the show is so good and we want to rewatch them together, but they're hard to find. They're like not yeah, They're like they're like impossible to find. They did like two or three seasons of that. I love the seventies. So yeah, no, So that is pretty funny though, but uh yeah, I also so I just want to tangentially add onto this that's not high school movie, but Slacker I watched in high school, and that is one of me and my friend Rob's favorite movies as well.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's link later. Yes, he goes great at what he.
Speaker 3: Does, and he has another movie literally called School of Rock. That was also very close to being on my top ten lists.
Speaker 2: Aaron just came back. I said, oh my word, you are still alive. And I just complained about working late. Yeah we do every time, caju And.
Speaker 3: But yeah, the Divorce of Benefit, y'all remember Spidey.
Speaker 2: Days and Confuses great it is, uh, I mean spoiler. I guess it's on my Honorable mention. I probably could have included it. Such a great movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's awesome, soundtracks, killer and just perfect. It's perfect. And I'm also a big fan of his film Boyhood, which deals a lot with school. That movie came out my senior year of high school, and I believe I saw I saw at Sun Ran the Theater of Clothes RP. And I saw it. I think it was in that time period between when like the seniors don't have to go to school for the last like three weeks of high school here in Florida. I don't know if you'll do that, but like when you're a senior, like the last three weeks of school, seniors don't have to go to school. There's like three weeks between school ending and walking It's weird, but uh, I think I saw Boyhood during that time, and like at that when I saw it, I just remember being absolutely like mind blowing by I love so much. And now, unfortunately all the discourse about Boyhood is always although I don't care that it took him thirteen years to film it, who cares, blah blah blah blah, it's like that. Besides the point, like, the movie itself is such a great coming up itage story. So I liked it a lot, and I know that people hated the kid in it, but whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't care. There's a there's a link Leader film I've never seen that I'm about to watch for the first time, and I'm so stoked on it. Well for someone else, Oh okay, yeah, I got link Leader is just amazing what he does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't seen a lot of his movies, so it is good stuff.
Speaker 2: Number two. This one is hilarious because earlier when I brought up I think it was Mean Girls, everybody brought this up and said Clueless is better than Mean Girls, and I agree, which is why I clue this is my number two because this movie is my coming of age movie that I watched a lot. This is such a great depiction of nineties fashion. It is such a great time capsule for music. One of the best uses of one of my favorite genres of music and film, which is scad We get the Mighty Mighty Boss to Yes they are Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: The only other one that I can think of that as the sky band in it is basketball.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Love love everything about Clueless. I've got Alicia Silverstone just completely iconic looks etched into my mind. I've got uh, the performance from I mean literally everybody, but primarily when you've got you know, the three or four main casts that are giving everything to be exactly perfect together. This would never have worked if they didn't have that perfect chemistry. And so I absolutely love this movie. I love that it's uh, you know, a Shakespeare tale, And I've got others that are related to Shakespeare on here on my honorable mentions, but this one is the one that I think does it perfect. Obviously, there's some like sort of weird feeling relationships in this movie.
Speaker 3: That stuff's hot now, that's all I.
Speaker 2: Mean, yeah, number one on some very popular look. But yeah, Clueless is great. There are so many character actors in this that just make you excited to see them on screen. And I don't know This movie was always one that I, I don't know, I fell in love with early. This came out when I was like eight years old. Paul Rudd's great in this, But the big thing, you can't really mention this without mentioning Britney Murphy is one of her most iconic performances, gone way too soon, and she's just perfect, and this absolutely perfect. She's an incredible actor, and I am so sad that we don't get to have like amazing Oscar winning performances into her sixties, because she would have been incredible.
Speaker 3: Some of my mom's favorite movie we have. Hers was Clueless for sure.
Speaker 2: And yes, I said the wrong thing. It's not Shakespeare. It's one of the Bronze Sisters. I'm sorry. I was looking at another title that is a Shakespeare title. That's not my honorable mentions. I've got Hell, I've got a Nathaniel Hawthorne, which everybody probably knows what I'm talking about. That's all my honorable mentions that I absolutely adore to. So yeah, a lot of these that are telling old stories and new ways. I absolutely love Hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, stan Gezi says, I need to check out Scanner Darkly. I definitely need to check that OUTU for sure. But yeah, clueless is great. Clueless is awesome.
Speaker 2: All timer for share agreed.
Speaker 3: So am I going to my number one number one?
Speaker 2: That's not Whiplash.
Speaker 3: It's not Whiplash because that's the real number one. So this is my real number two withplash is number zero.
Speaker 2: Zero.
Speaker 3: But this movie is a movie that needs nothing to be said about it because it's another one of those movies that's part of the American film can and super big. So I'm not gonna really say too much about it. That's a movie I've seen hundreds of time on television when I would stay home from school and that's Ferris Bueller's day off.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, I's had cut waves of people liking it and not liking it for many different reasons, specifically because of the principal in the movie of being a real life I don't even know what the terrible awful person. Yeah, yeah, but the movie, I'll say I love skipping school. I skipped a lot of school my senior year of high school. I skipped so many days my senior year of high school that you, a lot of you probably didn't have to worry about this, and it started becoming a thing my like last few years of schools. There's this thing called grade Portal where teacher or where students I'm sorry, parents can go on and live check in on their students' grades. So you probably do this with your kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's a way. I never do it.
Speaker 3: You never do it, okay. So it started becoming a thing when I was like in middle school or so, and yeah, so you could just live look in on your kids' grades at all times and their attendance and everything. You could see if they missed a specific class or something like that. And I remember my senior year of high school, I had seventy two days with a marked skip, so at least one class for seventy two days, which you only have like what one hundred and eighty days, right, Yeah, So like I was like skipping all the time. And that's why I love this movie. That's all I say.
Speaker 2: You know, it's hilarious. I told just like you said for Whiplash. I told people for years that Ferris Bueller's Day Off was my favorite movie. That's cool, and then it didn't even make my top ten. Yeah, exactly, again, Yeah, this is one that gets talked about forever John.
Speaker 3: Hughes this club.
Speaker 2: You know, it's it's a perfect movie, one that I've seen so so so many times again, like iconic ending, literally him breaking the fourth wall, perfect in this movie. I love it. Not much else to say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And there's there's something beautiful about like God, just like you know, living life, you know, just like like he says, you know, just like sometimes you just gotta you know, stop and smell the roses or whatever. You know. It's like it's it's just something beautiful about that. It's kind of like the same kind of vibes you get from like office space of like just breaking out of like every day monotony. You know. That's I love it.
Speaker 2: It's too many flair, too many all right. So my number one was mentioned a few minutes ago, and that's why I didn't say a damn thing about it. I really only chose this one because I think this is the most fun movie on my entire list, and I had to go with link later. School of Rocks is so much fun with my focus on music and my love of Jack Black's wholesome everything. I adore this entire movie, the people that were in it, to the people that are now like giant stars that were in this movie as kids. Even this movie is amazing. It's iconic, it's hilarious, it is a complete vibe. The soundtrack is actually fantastic.
Speaker 3: It's great, and.
Speaker 2: It's just so silly like everything about it. It's a complete fantastical film, obviously. But I adore School of Rock. It is something that made me happy as a child when I did not have a lot of happy times, and that alone it will live forever with me.
Speaker 3: I adore School of Rock. That's awesome. Yeah, No, I love it too. I've seen it probably fifteen twenty times. It's soka. This is one of my mom's favorite movies too. She absolutely loves it.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is there.
Speaker 2: Uh no, there is not. There is only a blu ray. And there's a lot of people expecting them to do a four K because they did a blue ray steel book out of nowhere, and they're like, oh, they're gonna do a four K next year and put it in that same steel book. Just why they haven't yet, but they can't.
Speaker 3: I figure that would probably come eventually, that would sell, I'm sure, but yeah, no, School of Rock is fucking that is a great perfect school movie, for sure.
Speaker 2: I love it. You and I could talk for hours on the subject, but honorable mentions as quick as we can. What do you got on your list?
Speaker 3: Obviously, there's so many more that I could possibly think of, But Halloween Town High we talked about. But drill Bit Taylor I have. I'm gonna skip over some because like.
Speaker 2: I have in the theater, I don't know why that's funny.
Speaker 3: I have a few of them written down that I won't repeat there, like carry Lady Ladybird because like you said, those But how High was another one, which is crazy to think that method Man and red Man were like big enough to be like the Hollywood produced movie Sick Battle Royale, even though that's so crazy.
Speaker 2: The third cult film that did not make my list because it would have been up there for me like number one or two, but I just I had too much horror and I wanted to make sure Carrie got some love and the faculty never gets mentioned, so okay.
Speaker 3: And then super Bad was another one, because that's like, that's like I was like twelve thirteen years old when I came out, so that was like the funniest ship of all time. And then the other ones. Oh, I was saying house Party earlier too, and then Rushmore and then the last one I'll say is Pledged Knight. Pledge Night is also really pledged Night.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: And that movie has really cool bonus features too, because it has a pretty where it was filmed. It was a fraternity at Rutgers. Like the area that they were filming in like had been like that like area of whatever, that fraternity row area whatever had been shut down because of hazing incidents where like kids had died and shit. So it's so crazy. They talk about it in the special features. But the movie's sick too. You.
Speaker 2: You had multiple ones that I mentioned, like dayson, Confused and Supermad, so I'm not gonna remention those. However, I had Summer School on mine. It's a classic. I just never was super connected to it. Eighth grade. I mainly wrote this down because it is the most iconic performance by somebody in the most awkward level of performance possible. Also directed by a modern renaissance man in bo Burnham. He is my personal hero and I absolutely adore it. I put on blockers as well. I think that movie is brilliant. I know that we mentioned Dayson Confused. But the other one that has to be mentioned everybody wants them is slept On. That movie is incredible. It is a modern Days and Confused in a way that maybe even captures it slightly better and slightly more realistic. Real Genius. I love Real Genius. I think it's hilarious. This one completely out of nowhere with the rest of my list, but I love this movie. The modern twenty one Jump Street, I think is a really great way to juxtapose Yes, a person that's just past high school age, attending high school and seeing how much their life has changed. Yes, I think it might be a perfect movie. Twenty one Jump Street's amazing.
Speaker 3: When my girlfriend and I were talking about that, both of those were the ones we talked about too. Yeah, those are yeah perfect.
Speaker 2: I had Heathers on the list because you have to. It's iconic and amazing. Kindergarten Cop not when I saw anybody mention tonight, but I love Kindergarten Cop. I love I had Bottoms listed. I need to see it a couple more times to make sure that it's still like a classic for me, but it's still really great. And then the last two that I have other than bat Royal Ten Things I Hate about You. I don't think I saw this mentioned at all tonight. Love this movie. This is another one that got made fun of a lot in not another teen movie, but it's incredible. And then the last one that I got to mention, which is I think you know how I listed Fast Times was the perfect eighties film. Then Clueless was nineties the one that really nailed this for the two thousand into the twenty tens as the perfect depiction of high school. Easya, Emma Stone and Easya. That whole cast is perfect. It's a great retelling of the Scarlet Letter. An amazing movie that gets overlooked by so many people. One of my favorites, Siveners mentioning Lisa Frankenstein really liked that this year as well. It's a good one. Yeah, that's my list, ending with Eaza. So many honorable mentions. I could have easily made this a forty movie list.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. I just watched the film Master's Scarlet Letter.
Speaker 2: Actually nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's just funny you said that. That was something I recently watched too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of the guys and so good.
Speaker 3: Oh I need to see though, I've seen stand the Delivery. I watched that in math class in high school.
Speaker 2: Really offense. I still have never seen standing delivery.
Speaker 3: Oh really wow. Yeah, my math teacher that showed me that wanted that to be his life so bad. He wanted to be that.
Speaker 2: Please be inspired.
Speaker 3: He's like, guys, you gotta you gotta be these kids. I want to be this teacher. So yeah, that's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: I I don't even say epic night. This has been incredible. Every single time you're on the show. Everybody has a great time. You've already been asked to come back by everybody in the chat.
Speaker 3: Thank you anytime. Brother. I'm always I'm always down. And now I've got the setup too. It looks nice and easy. I finally got this desk.
Speaker 2: So and now it's almost two o'clock.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I know, right. I got work tomorrow. I just got one more day of work, but it should be an easy day for me tomorrow, and then I got Saturday and Sunday off, so I'll be just chilling at the house watching college football. I'm excited. Thank you everybody in the chat. I'm just dude, just a dude.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, everybody please go follow Norman Studios everywhere, like we already talked about earlier. Make sure if you're in Jacksonville, give give Gage a shout out. Go check out everything that they have to offer. Anything else you want to share before we call it a night, My friend, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I think I'm pretty much covered everything. Hopefully we got t shirts getting available for on the website. I'm praying because I know you guys. I've talked to a few of you guys about it, so I promise it will happen soon. So thank you all for hanging out for so late too. That's almost two am on the East Coast.
Speaker 2: So random like kind of promo for next week. But next Thursday's guest has only ever been on once before. It is Planet Mondo. Planet Mondo is the guy that does the art for all of the physical media advocates, and the last time he was on, we did surreal films and a lot of people love that conversation. So we're gonna have a good, good fun talk next week. Come hang out. Much love to Gauge, much love to everybody with chats and.
Speaker 3: Uh seeing the discord, I'm gonna go hop in it right now.
Speaker 2: I was already answering things while we were live. All Right, everybody, we'll see you next Thursday. Have a good week, be safe. Thank you for watching the Disconnected. On the way out, make sure that you are a subscribed to the channel, that you've liked the video, and that you've copied the link to be able to share with someone else that may appreciate this. Tell me, no, you're still here. It's over.
Speaker 3: Did you see that comment?
Speaker 2: No, we were still