Speaker 1: Welcome one and all to another episode of Well it's me, It's My Bizarre Adventure.
Speaker 2: That's right, Jeff, jeffs Bizarre Venture, Memi's Bizarre Adventure.
Speaker 1: Excuse me? Who has the microphone right now?
Speaker 3: As?
Speaker 2: Sorry, Jeff. As as hosts, you want to try and keep the intro in control, punchy and focused.
Speaker 1: John, I know.
Speaker 2: I know you don't have a lot of experience on podcasts, so I'm I maybe.
Speaker 1: Have done upwards of three thousand podcast episodes over my supremely uninteresting lifetime.
Speaker 4: Okay, the Kickstand one, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's really interesting, Jeff, But let me tell you it's not showing cool.
Speaker 1: Great to know. Nothing like a vote of confidence to get you.
Speaker 5: Off and running.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Lucy, Tam. The Kickstand issue was not a podcast. That was a YouTube video that was miscredited to me. I'll have you know, check your back of our lore at the door. Okay, Yo, that's sick. I'm going to use back a log and back of lore for the rest of my days. Again.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Drift.
Speaker 1: Wow, Tam, that was low even for you.
Speaker 2: Was that a prophecy or a threat?
Speaker 4: Uh? Neither, We'll find out.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, well, the evidence is here in case we need it. That's right, it's Jeff Jeff's our adventure time, folks, thank you so very much for tuning in. I'm joined by three people who I'm not sure like me at all, but we'll go around the room and address them nevertheless. Lucy James, how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good?
Speaker 6: We should do like the you know, the start of the Code and O'Brien show, where he's like, I'm Tom Hanks and I feel ex about being Cod and O'Brien's friend.
Speaker 1: Okay, how do you feel about me being my friend? Lucy?
Speaker 5: Feel pretty positive about being your friend at the moment. At the moment, I'll tell everything subject to change.
Speaker 1: Sure, I'll take what I can get. John super eyepatch Wolf, how are you pal? How do you feeling about being my friend? Bud? Buddy Jeff?
Speaker 2: I feel utterly jubilant at the thought of being your friend.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, things are looking up, only to be thrusted into the floor by the more who's saying how do you feel? And how do you feel about being my friend? Buddy? Boy?
Speaker 4: I feel tired and I need you to take it down. If you're notxious, it's pre nine o'clock here, you've clearly been up for a few hours already, and that is a privilege when it comes to energy levels. So we need you to be more sympathetic to the rest of us.
Speaker 1: I think it's a time zone issue that I can't be ill responsible for.
Speaker 4: I mean, you could be a little more considerate being in a time zone where you have.
Speaker 2: To Okay, we're closing in at five pm Irish time, and I gotta say that is wind down time. So again I have to kind of this is another kind of like little subtle thing about being a host. You want to kind of dial into your guest energy levels, and just accordingly, you're kind of flying off the handle doing your own thing here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, I will reel it in and and so I will simultaneously reel it in and hype it up for all of my friends in very different time zones peppered throughout the entire planet. We are going to recap episodes thirty four, I'm sorry, thirty three and thirty four that's sorry, the final two episodes in the July fifteenth four parter, which I have to admit at the top of your friends, this episode thirteen this part three of July fifteenth. I have not been more confused by a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure episode than this one. This one right here just just chewed me up and spatted me out in particular.
Speaker 2: That confused you. I thought it was all pretty pretty straightforward.
Speaker 1: No, no, and I do. I'm trying to be serious, I really am. I feel like so many things were brought back from past arcs and minor details of storylines, and I really could not wrap my head around just exactly what we were doing here. If you have not been able to tell, I'll be driving this episode where we'll be recapping parts three and four of the July fifteenth, and I you know, am I gonna butcher some some character names it? It's entirely possible. So I'm gonna need the help of the group to sort of keep me honest here and make sure we're able to get through this with as little turbulence as possible. Does that make sense? It does.
Speaker 6: I'm also in the the Jeff camp here because I started watching it and I went I missed an episode.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I forget where we landed. And also it's been like a few weeks since we've recorded here.
Speaker 1: So I guess that's it has been, and thank you for staying with us. We're gonna finish up. Diamond is incredible, hopefully by the end of the calendar you're here. Excuse me, incredible, Diamond is unbreakable. Sorry, all right, see you keep me honest. That's how I wanted to go for the rest of this fifty minutes or so. All right, we start back up. I guess in like the town square where uh, a piece of folded up paper was dropped by this new villain who's like Enigma, right, that's that's the stand user Enigma. Okay, Jo just picks up this this freaking piece of paper, starts unfolding it and.
Speaker 4: In Jojo history but.
Speaker 2: No arguments at all.
Speaker 5: This is I've even seen before. I knew it was from Jojo.
Speaker 1: This this felt like the dumbass magician. Like nothing on the front, nothing on the back. And then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, a gun appears to reveal itself out the side of a blank piece of paper. It then fires directly at Joske.
Speaker 2: Point blank headshot. Incredible. What a what a moment of entertainment, What a moment of culture? This bits this is just absolutely so okay, please, Jeff Unpacked thrown into layers of elation upon this happening.
Speaker 1: When I saw the gun, I was watching it in bed with my wife that night, and like she was on her phone and I like granted her and I shook her and said, you gotta see this. You gotta see what's happening here. You gotta look at this fucking dumb ass gun coming out of this piece of paper. And she laughed. She was just like it was one of those like surprising like what like that, and which was because that's the right reaction to a thing like that, and I'm like, that's what this show is. And then she also said, oh wow, the animation has really improved since the first time I watched this. I'm like it has She's like, it's much more colorful and involved, and I'm like, yeah it is. Uh So there's that sort of four year gap between watching Jojo, but yeah, I mean, sure, she's she's busy, but maybe one day we could figure it out.
Speaker 4: Maybe.
Speaker 1: As we wrap here for Diamond is Unbreakable Enigma, and again we are we are going through the recap of these two episodes with the JoJo's bizarre encyclopedia.
Speaker 4: That's the Are you looking at notes right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Ah, of course.
Speaker 4: Okay. I was gonna say, can you tell me the name of the stand to use it without looking at the notes?
Speaker 1: No, I cannot. I know the last name is Mia Modo. I'm looking here, but I'm not going to pronounce this person's first name here.
Speaker 4: I really want you to though, uh Torono suke. All right, let's move on.
Speaker 1: That was not bad?
Speaker 4: Sure, yeah, well the internet judge know, suk. I just want to. I just want to out there to so people can come in and such a mean.
Speaker 1: Thing to set me up for failure and then not even tell me if I didn't.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's right.
Speaker 1: I can't remember.
Speaker 2: Let me give you guys a pro strap in for pronouncing Japanese names online. Okay, ah, just mute the word pronounced in your comments and never worry about it again.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, just don't.
Speaker 1: Just don't know.
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 1: Why should I not attempt to? That's not that's not fair. It's like okay to do that. I was just going to call this person.
Speaker 4: Enigma eliminated eight percent of announcements of people dying like anytime someone says someone has been pronounced dead, John doesn't hear it.
Speaker 2: Only in my YouTube comments section, We're very few, were very where, very few people to choose to announce their obituaries.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's a good idea though.
Speaker 1: Okay, back to the town square, back to the gun, back to Enigma, back to Joske almost getting shot. So apparently there is a situation where the Enigma stand, Right, it's a very weak stand. It's described here in the wiki and by Enigma himself cannot kill anyone because of how weak he is, Right, I really feel when was that a.
Speaker 2: Stand that this stand user kind of being like, my stands so weak? And what he literally means is it can fold people into a piece of paper, but I have to tear the piece of paper or destroy the piece of paper for them to die. And I gotta say, I don't think that's a weak stand. I think my dude is being a little modest here.
Speaker 1: Right, Like, if you can kill somebody just by tearing paper, that seems like maybe a little op there, right Like?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I also got ready confused because I watched it on crunchy roll and the stand is called Mysterioso on there, it was like, the fuck is Enigma?
Speaker 1: I guess it's the same meaning, but like.
Speaker 5: I looked it up.
Speaker 6: So Enigma is the electronic musical project and Mysterio so is a Thelonious Monk song slash album.
Speaker 1: Oh that's interesting. Okay, well that kind of tracks with the naming convention of Jojo. So I guess we can let both things fly. Uh, if you're following along, you don't remember from the last episode, Enigma is able to like enigmas stand praise on uh, fear tells by its victims. Right, So like when someone who's potentially Enigma's pray, they exhibit a telltale sign of their fear. That is when Enigma is able to sort of pounce on the victim. That is when he's able to drag you into the folded paper dimension.
Speaker 5: Right, How does a gun show fear?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: I think it's just an object. He can just store it, like now space. Is Joske just scared of guns? Is that a thing we're realizing or is this like just ancillary?
Speaker 2: I think he's scared of guns being pointed at him?
Speaker 1: Who isn't.
Speaker 4: The paper doesn't manifest your fear, does it? I don't think the paper is just like it's a it's.
Speaker 6: Once he knows your fear, tell he can use that to push you in the paper.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Papers are just like little poke balls full of ship that he can yes unleas.
Speaker 2: So it's it's like weakening a pokemon to trap it. Instead it's showing it. It's worse, it's making it afraid, but a much darker game.
Speaker 4: Does that mean that what's inside that paper? Is it someone pointing a gun or is it a gun which he is now controlling violent paper?
Speaker 2: I think inside that paper is the stand user holding a gun push like out of the paper.
Speaker 4: Okay, the stand user or the stand.
Speaker 3: I guess could be the guns. It's got to be it's in front of him. Yeah yeah, okay, Nigma doing it right like ye. Anyway, through all this, Joeske bites his lip right, which is his telltale sign of fear, and then it's.
Speaker 2: Capture drawing of him biting his lip like.
Speaker 1: No one draws biting lips the way these guys do, no, uh, and then he is then captured, right. So what is tough to follow along is like where Joske sort of temporarily goes after this happens because again, we we understand that like that is showing your fear is how you become entrapped, but it is not immediately clear where Joski then goes because he also like catches the bullet that is fired.
Speaker 2: Is that right, He catches the bullet, but the bullet nearly hits him the bullet, so yeah, he catches the bullet, and but it's after that that he bites his lip, right right, yeah, so catches he beare him all the way in.
Speaker 1: The time the bullet is fired from the gun and when he catches it could be perhaps when he bites his lip in fear.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna have to review the footage here, because yeah, this is there's a lot I don't think going on here.
Speaker 4: I don't remember any bullet catching business.
Speaker 1: Oh he catches a bullet between thumb.
Speaker 5: I thought, uh, his stand catches the bullet.
Speaker 4: Oh maybe yeah.
Speaker 1: Diamond Yeah, a diamonds that's the same thing. That's the same thing, same thing, right, Come on, I'm splitting hairs here. Joe was under the impression that was trapped in paper, but turns out that is not true. Right, that also happened, So.
Speaker 4: He coach he is trapped in paper. But the paper he's showing him and saying this is coach is not the paper that he's trapped.
Speaker 1: It's a block, got it, Okay's.
Speaker 4: To kind of manipulate.
Speaker 1: Joe Skates then vows that he's going to kill Enigma, and through all this it ends with Enigma manifesting a taxi out of another sheet of paper, taking him to the Mario Grand Hotel.
Speaker 2: I love that bit so much. I it just okay, Yeah, you know what, Araki, you could have just have him calling a taxi and getting into it. Nope, No, he's gonna unfold a giant piece of origami and out of it is going to come a taxi with a taxi driver pre installed pre installed.
Speaker 4: Those are a bit where he almost gets back out of the paper, which was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're all over the place. Let's not forget that. Highway Star is also sort of like witnessing all of this, and Highway Star, we know, is like the tattooed sort of like punk rock motorcycle guy. Right, that's his that's his deal, and and he seems like a temporary ally of Joske is sort of like where his current status exists have that right, Yes, yeah, okay, and and so so Highway Star is uh pursuing enigma and grabs onto the taxi. They then arrive at the hotel. Is that correct? No? No, here's what happens. Sorry, sorry, something else, way more important happens that I just forgot. Okay, listen to what I have to say. So Highway Star realizes that this is all like a paper situation, right, and finds Joske and Koichi possibly being pulled into a gigantic paper shredder. That's right, that's right correct?
Speaker 5: Wait did we do we miss the explosion bit?
Speaker 1: No, let's see what was that in the car?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't remember that.
Speaker 6: When did you watch this episode this morning and you've got the notes in front of you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't see the explosion part.
Speaker 6: With the pieces of paper in the backseat of the car and to open it and then it turns into the thing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm not it's not it's not that. The description of the shredder is how it comes outlined here.
Speaker 5: It's not the evil shredder attacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, so Highway So I'm sorry you you? Yeah, is Highway Star? Do I have that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I believe that.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, that is correct. Yeah, okay cool. Uh so so now explain me. Explained to me the explosion with the paper thing, because I don't remember that. All I remember is there being a gigantic indestructible paper shredder.
Speaker 6: Well, so there's two pieces of paper on the on the backseat of the taxi.
Speaker 1: All right, one's like stuck in the door.
Speaker 6: There's another one stuck in the door, and then he opens it and it.
Speaker 5: Exlo what does it do?
Speaker 1: I don't remember an explosion, but I remember they were like they're like one of these papers is a decoy and the other one is the is the is the test?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: Because start it starts a fire, doesn't it.
Speaker 6: I watched it yesterday, so my memory is and then I slept for like twelve hours.
Speaker 2: So okay, yeah, John the voice everything. So, first of all, on mystery, the first what makes Joe Ka bite his lip is that he watches yu Ya throw Kueechi locked in the paper dimension in the tar of under the tires of a speeding car, and there he bites his lips and he himself gets sucked into the paper dimension.
Speaker 1: Okay, I wasn't joking when I said at the top of this. This was the most confusing episode of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure I've ever written.
Speaker 4: Enigma throws the paper y is on that.
Speaker 2: I think. What maybe doesn't help a little bit, Jeff, is that we're jumping back and forth between the Yuya fight and Rohan's strange adventure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right right, Rohan is dealing with like a back enemy this whole time. That's sort of like peppered in which we'll get to of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there is a course, there is an.
Speaker 1: Explosion on the car, okay, and and and and so that is involving the two pieces of paper that are in the taxi. Is that what we're saying.
Speaker 2: Yes, So basically, there's one piece of paper on the back seat of the taxi, and Highways Star assumes that that's going to be yu Ya. But then in the in the door of the taxi, there is a second piece of paper, and in that piece of paper is an explosion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, explosion and a piece of paper.
Speaker 4: Okay, and you Yea is not Enigma, Enigma and is Miyamoto Uya is the one on their side? Ya Ya is Highway Star, yes, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, So that's I believe that's what we know.
Speaker 2: Yes, No, I think I got a bit mixed up there.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I might have said that before you.
Speaker 4: The paper is he's trying to trick them into believing that's what where his friends are trapped in. So he goes into.
Speaker 2: Stars the stand highway star uh, karate chops the explosion, making it non effective, which is how you deal with an explosion. I was you ever find an explosion rushing at you take your favorite martial arts technique and just kind.
Speaker 4: Of and just it will show to the show to the fire people that you play hockey, even see how how many of them actually.
Speaker 2: The audio so we'll all describe whatever. Jeff's actually I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: What was the task?
Speaker 4: I said? You know the firemen that you play hockey with that you said earlier? Sure, yeah, yeah, show them that scene and see how accurate it is.
Speaker 1: Oh like if that is, like, is this a vifle tactic in fighting fire?
Speaker 4: Yeah, firefighter expert explains.
Speaker 2: It could save some lives.
Speaker 1: Jeff, Yeah, I mean it's it's look, it's educational if nothing nothing less. I mean, I gotta get that, gotta get that out there. Okay, God, I'm just trying.
Speaker 5: To really let's go to the shredder. We'll go to the shredder.
Speaker 2: Okay, we could, oh god, but then we would miss both the scorpions and the acid falling out.
Speaker 4: So from that point on, he's trying to uh Memo, is trying to make you express his fear response by one using electric the machinery smell, which when he touches it charges him and electrocutes him. So that doesn't work. And then he uses like scorpions as well and ascid.
Speaker 5: He doesn't know, he doesn't know what the smell is for scorpions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so then that's when the shredder appears.
Speaker 1: After Alright, he's sniffing the whole time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then the Shredder after electricity, it becomes the shredder and starts shredding the papers.
Speaker 2: And just to be clear, we have a shredder that's been stored in a magical piece of paper that connects to a pocket dimension which has been unreleased and is now shredding the paper containing two of our heroes, two separate pieces of paper containing two separate heroes, Joe Ski and Koichi, and Yuya is doing his absolute best to save them, but his stand is not strong enough to destroy a paper shredder, which in my existence, that's not a very strong stand in.
Speaker 4: That case, No, unless a special paper shredder, it must be an epsom one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean only the best.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: However, that is where Yuya does express his fear when he believes that all hope is lost for Joske and Koichi. He touches his chin and is then taken prisoner by Enigma. Yeah. Okay, but that's what at all I guess.
Speaker 4: So I don't understand how this turns into a hey like he turns the tides on. This doesn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, because I believe I can explain it.
Speaker 1: It has to do with someone closing only one eye, right John, No? No, okay, sorry, go on.
Speaker 2: So now, uh, yu Yah is paper thin, he is able to reach his hand into the bells of the paper shredder and unfold joe Ski and Kuechi so that they are released from the paper dimension.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but as the paper is going in, he has a separate piece of paper with his stand on it. So and then it cuts to inside the machine and his stand stand's leg is coming out of the paper, so it's remanifesting into the normal world to put its foot on the machinery that moves to the paper shredder, which then allows him to pull it. Doesn't make a why is that a stand allowed a half manifest back out.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm saying. What is amazing to me about this is not only the mental gymnastics one must do to try and wrap their heads around what is exactly happening. But how did they even like draw this, Like, how did they even get this together? And all all agree that like these were the assets that needed to be drawn and then somehow like string them together. I'm absolutely flabbergasted that they were able to like make this sequence even happen.
Speaker 4: So like the stand stops the machinery to prevent the shredding by somehow being able to re manifest itself, which doesn't make sense because they try and set up earlier with Joe Skei remanifesting himself like pushing his way back out of the paper. But the only way he could do that was because he held onto that piece of iron that got pulled through from the real world and then use his own standability to reverse the damage on it, thus pulling him back into the new to the real world. So that's a feasible way of him pushing his way Diamond does. Yeah, but like the Highway Star doesn't do anything like that. It doesn't have the power to do that. It's only a power is to pursue to like to like go fast with footprints. Yeah, exactly, so effectively, there is no way for this to happen. Like it's just pure nonsense.
Speaker 1: It is the most incoherent I'm just gonna say, I think this part kind of sucks. Like this came, but this part of it is.
Speaker 4: Like really confusing this episode. Yes, it's like what Yes, that's what I don't understand why.
Speaker 2: I'll say, the interdimensional nature of the paper is not properly explained to us, but I think some kind of portal effect is happening. Where is it explained?
Speaker 1: Fine, but yeah, how do they do it in them? Okay? But John what I said at the top. It's also because Enigma is like introduced in a very sort of non contextual way, right, Like it's the end of part two of July fifteenth, when you first understand like, oh wait, Enigma is someone else who's not Kira and who's not uh you know, like and it's just like you're like, what and he's like a paper boy and hype. I agree with that.
Speaker 2: I would have much preferred to say, like you do Enigma in one part, you do the Tower Guy in another part, and you do you do the backstand in a third part, and then maybe a fourth part is just Kira. But I think they try and intersperse them throughout these episodes, and I think it's kind of cool what they're doing, like they really want to convey that this is all happening on the same day. I think it makes it stand. It's very hard to follow, especially considering some of these stands are the most confusing in the entire show.
Speaker 4: I also think most almost every stand that has been in the last few episodes Enemy Stand has been paper thin. Not to you know, but I don't think. I feel like if they spent an episode in any one of these stands, it would be awful because he just doesn't have any juice with any of them, Like they Tower Guy stand.
Speaker 1: That is silly.
Speaker 4: That was an entire episode and it was pretty terrible, Like there's no real rules for it created. It's not like old school humery stuff. It's just like, yeah, what if I had this. It's like a thought, not an idea currently, which seems to be a lot of this whole part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do have to move on, but I agree, I think there's a I think they tried to pack way too much into this four parter, and as a consequence, were left with a very incoherent scene that basically renders out with Enigma becoming a book himself and the gang driving to the Moreial library and just sort of like, how does he become?
Speaker 2: He could just he's so scared by what by what Crazy Diamond is about to do doing to him that he turns into multiple pieces of paper and is on he became Okay, look I'm gonna leave the screenshot explain.
Speaker 4: This punched He gets punched hard.
Speaker 2: A book with lips and eyes. Yeah, it says he became a book and is thus unable to fight.
Speaker 4: It seems like Crazy Diamond punches him so hard that he becomes sheets of paper and then is like magic, clear book.
Speaker 2: I don't want to know his stan power goes haywire as well.
Speaker 6: Right, A friend of mine professionally repairs books and binds them and stuff.
Speaker 5: I think it's really cool.
Speaker 1: That is very cool.
Speaker 5: Those little videos of it on his Instagram. I really enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Okay, please send that along. We'll share it with the audience. Okay. So anyway, that's the end of Enigma. We do like a little like recap about like, oh and if you ask to borrow the book, you can hear screams and there's a whole bunch of Google.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, but they don't. But they don't let you take it outside of the library.
Speaker 3: I like.
Speaker 5: I like that little thing where it was like you can only read it in the.
Speaker 1: Library, a feeble tempt at redeeming the story arc, but nevertheless falling fairly flat, no pun intended. Let's get back to Rohan.
Speaker 2: If I may, if I may give my take on this episode, please dog in that it is like it is a difficult fight to follow.
Speaker 1: It's some weak shit. Say it. It's some weak ass shit.
Speaker 2: But to me, I'm always going to come to Jojo for absurd spectacle over tight coherent plotting.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, John, but I think it's so convoluted and needlessly complex. Here, I'm with you. I come to this show because I want to just be stupefied, right, I want to be like knocked over the head with nonsense. But this seemed like why not make them? You know, it was almost like a car wash of it. When I just needed to like have one silly thing and go on, they overloaded it.
Speaker 4: The core of these fights are supposed to be a chess game where every piece is an absurd piece and every move is an absurd move and impossible. Well, ultimately there is a back and forth of like, you know, I move hair, you move hair, and then check me. There's not a fair. There is no rules underlying any of these fights. Then there's no like strategic back and forth. It's just ha ha, I'm a paper now. Actually I'm not really a paper. Now, you're a book. And it's like, what the fuck are you? It looks like Heraki just like absolutely phone this one in.
Speaker 1: Iraqi, do any controlled or what do we know about?
Speaker 4: I think he needs to do them?
Speaker 2: You know what a scary answer, Jeff? I think is nor.
Speaker 1: Stone cold sober.
Speaker 5: It's like like the.
Speaker 6: Family Guy joke about Stephen King and the scary lamp and they're like, Okay, Stephen, what's next and he goes, oh, it's a story about this lamb. Sometimes, like I feel like Iraqi is like look around at his desk.
Speaker 5: He's like, what can I do?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 5: A paper stand? There we go.
Speaker 2: There is definitely like a Hideo Kajuma and Wiki.
Speaker 4: All right, let's calm down. You don't need to bring Kajima into this.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no no no.
Speaker 2: I was relenting. I was relenting, and now I hear some.
Speaker 4: Sympthaesis she needs to be there's a reason. All right.
Speaker 1: Now I'm back on team John though. Yep, okay, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 4: Back your words indeeds I do every day?
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, tell me something I don't know. Let's go back to Rohan Rohan. However, I say Rohan Rohan whatever. He's having a he's having a situation with mister back boy Maso. And uh, if you recall from the previous part, uh, who's like an I says, he's an architect who wants to come into the house insurance, right because because Romans apparently has like half burned down and only in very specific places and not like the the entirety of the home, just in very specific spots, as is demonstrated when Massaso falls through a hole in the second floor hallway which was covered by which is which is which is a lah the money pit with Tom Hanks. Right, have you seen the money Pit?
Speaker 2: No, there's an actual pit and money pit.
Speaker 1: The money pit. Tom Hanks was in an eighties movie called The money Pit where he and his wife buy a fixer upper new home and it's a money pit because the amount of money that it was required to fix this.
Speaker 2: You know, that's kind of what I thought. But yeah, I guess the way it led me to believe there's a literal pit that Tom Hanks traps people in in that movie.
Speaker 1: I mean again, he does fall into the exact like I can't wait to show you the scene where Tom Hanks falls through a hole in the floor that is covered by a rug, and it's the same thing.
Speaker 2: And maybe, like Iraqi is so huge on movie movies that I would say it is nearly definitely where he got that.
Speaker 4: It has to be, I don't think so. I feel like that he put his whole brain into figuring out a way of setting up a situation where every Rohan can came back, and that is what he came up with.
Speaker 1: Every stand is named after a seventies or eighties band. There's no way this eighties obsessed dude did not see the money Pit and was like, you know, it would be a funny way to show Rohan for a few.
Speaker 2: Of the money Pit.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's like one hundred episodes of Looney Tunes where that's happening.
Speaker 1: Like, it's not a UNI. This is the most Looney Tunes that ship anyway anyway.
Speaker 4: And also I looked like he like did it on purpose because he's like, oh he did.
Speaker 2: I think he because he was trying to see the dudes back, because I think the previous episodes is Rohan being like, so, how about you showed me that show me that back, and the.
Speaker 1: Guy's like, no, no, no, you don't want that anyway, Mesaso's stuck in the floor, Rohan fails to notice anything weird about the dude's back, who starts to like freak out because he knows his back is exposed. Now, then we finally get the stand reveal the reason he does not want anyone to see his back is because of cheap trick. Another eighties seventies.
Speaker 4: I have a question, and this is a very specific moment that I just need an explanation for.
Speaker 1: Let's hear it, buddy, do you have it up the episode?
Speaker 2: So there's a moment where he's the episode here, Tom, is it.
Speaker 4: On Netflix or somewhere else?
Speaker 1: Crunch, crunch.
Speaker 4: Okay, So there's a bit right at the start where he's trapped in it in the hole and Rohan is like standing above him and looking at him, and he's drooling.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, yes, and then he's like and then it's rabbinous.
Speaker 4: And then it cuts to a close up where it's like panning up his face and he's still drooling, but then drool lands on his face.
Speaker 1: Oh the right, yea, But where does.
Speaker 4: That drool come from?
Speaker 2: So I think, okay, I'm watching it here, and I think the implication is that it's this stand hovering over him, drooling over his shoulder.
Speaker 4: But then it cuts to the next The very next frame is him in a completely different position with no drawl on his face.
Speaker 2: It's it's a little drool. There's right, this is there is something got cut here.
Speaker 4: It looks like someone came and dribbled on him and then ran off for us a weird I'm with you, And then it cuts back to him close up and he's drooling again.
Speaker 2: Yep, No, you're right, you're right. Something strange happened here. There is some such shot substitute for another shot. I think what's meant to be happening is the stand is meant to be drooling on him, And I think, then you're meant to get a shot off the stand. I wonder if you look in the manga, is there a panel there where they reveal this that for the first time?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Maybe interesting. Uh okay, that's a really good call out there, Tam. I had that confusion as well, watching them, like what is that? Because they show you one frame it looks so he looks like he's been like possessed in like ravenous and it's like so weird. We do get cheap tricks reveal and he's an ugly little spud. He's just a fucking little.
Speaker 5: I love the way he just keeps saying like nick.
Speaker 1: Nick, you know, like yeah, he's just like he's like the photos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a speech affectation, which is like he's saying right at the end of everything.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's it's pretty gross. He's pretty gross. Uh. And Rohan is like obviously demonstrabily upset. He uh sees Massago basically like his back get ripped off and he's in a bad way and he's all shitty and shrinking up into a husk of a human. Uh. And but then Cheap Trick basically latches onto Rohan's back, and now he is possessed by the stand and you know, obviously this little freaks town him to like burn up all his photos and whatnot. It's upsetting. Rohan has decided that he has to go out into the world and prevent anyone from seeing his back because he does not want to have Cheap Trick possess anyone else, and he now has to. He now decides that he must go and inform Kiyochi about Cheap Trick, and that is where Part three of July fifteenth concludes. Overall, I think we summed it up fairly well. One of the most incomprehensible episodes of this podcast, of this I'm sorry of this anime that we've ever witnessed, and nearly impossible to recap. But nevertheless, there was a lot going on us.
Speaker 5: There was a lot going on, going much to think about.
Speaker 1: Yes, nevertheless, we we continue on the final part Part four of the July fifteenth four parter. Uh. Rohan is trapped in a situation where he can only get rid of yes, tim.
Speaker 4: I looked at the manga and there's no explanation for this drawll thing. Oh my god, the drool's in there, the drawl is in there, but it's on him. But then it doesn't doesn't as far as I can tell, there's no shot of drawl landing on his face like there is at an anime.
Speaker 1: Somebody, somebody right in, somebody tweet us explain this if you.
Speaker 2: Have, it has to be they were they at some point in the storyboards for this episode, they're like, you know what, we should add it in and reveal the standard here. So okay, But then later on.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's a there's a shot of him drawling, and then there's a shot of his hand on the floor where there's drops of drawl landing there. So it like cuts to his hand on the floor where he's like keels over and he's dribble is like falling onto the ground. That shot isn't in the anime instead of droll on his face. For some reason, it's so weird, very weird.
Speaker 2: Very much. I think definitely like a storyboard issue or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little malfunction. Nevertheless, we continue on. Kuichi shows up at Rohan's house and Rohan's like, yo, dude, I'm not joking. There's like this backstand on me. I know we've been through a lot together. I know I've like sort of been a shit shitty person to you, but like, please, my man, like Kuichi, we gotta get me some help. And Kuichi, it's just like, I don't know, man, I know we've been through some ship. I know I've seen a plenty amount of shit myself, but I don't believe you at all.
Speaker 2: And I yeah, I know by this later in the episode, but the whole train of logic of listen, I came here to tell you to be careful about enemy stunds. I'm here, you are joking that you're being attacked by an enemy. I can't do this.
Speaker 5: And it's like this is just too far from me.
Speaker 1: It's like Koch he shows him, uh Masazo's like shriveled corpse.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: He's like, check, get a load of this. Well you think this came from the sky And he's just like, yeah, I still don't believe you. Prop me.
Speaker 6: Well, were well done on making that one a boy so insane.
Speaker 1: So Koechi has no he'd in no way does Koichi's personality lend himself to behave the way he does here? I would I would like to pose it, right.
Speaker 5: I think what has happened too much of a heel turned for him.
Speaker 1: It doesn't really, it's so insane. So Koechi leaves and Rohan's like, oh my god, I gotta go go to joj ro and the hotel and and basically like get his help and have to basically get through the entire town somehow without showing anyone my back because if someone does seem my back, I die and then they get possessed by cheap trick exactly. Also, the the that seventies show theme song right keeping it at the end, they do that We're all all right, We're all all right. That's a cheap trick song, I believe as well.
Speaker 5: No, I've never seen the seventy show really, but also.
Speaker 4: Came on like in the UK are like a really weird time.
Speaker 5: I think it was on Sky. I didn't have that.
Speaker 4: I came on Channel four like eight pm when everyone else was like watching all the ship.
Speaker 6: I also vindicated because of Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutscher apparently.
Speaker 1: Being there's just a whole bunch of there's a real hive of the real rotten core at at the center of that show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard like the set of that show was like not a super fun place to be sometimes as well.
Speaker 6: And also Mila Kunis was underage and lied toget the and then she ends up kissing in Ashton Kusha when she was like fifteen and he was like nineteen or twenty.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't worry, we'll get to plenty of that soon.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, well anyway, not really.
Speaker 1: Not really, but but just like equally as troubling, I guess. Anyway, Rohan is forced back like an absolute freakazoid as he makes his way to the hotel, making sure that nobody sees his back. In one instance which I kind of love, he basically like glues himself to a pedestrian who's crossing an intersection and uses his stand Heaven's door to like right into the pedestrian's mind that he cannot turn around.
Speaker 2: I love this little sequence. It's so it was fun. This was so fun, very fun.
Speaker 1: This was this was really fun. Rohan eventually gets himself into an alley where all these cats and dogs are looking at him and cheap trick is like the cheap trick is like yo dog. Literally, I can speak to animals and I can make them fuck you up whenever I want, and that I tell.
Speaker 5: Them that you like killing cats and dogs.
Speaker 4: They're eating cats and they're eating the dogs.
Speaker 2: I love. I love, just even the absurdity of like Rohan, there's like nineteen cats and dogs surrounding you. Yeah, and any of them see your back. It's just I don't know, it's so funny.
Speaker 1: And they're all gonna lunge at you. Just at the very last moment, I guess struck with some sort of like sense that maybe the situation he went to investigate he had it completely wrong. Kochi shows up and freezes all of the animals using Echos Act three, because don't forget, that's like the third version of his stand and that's what he's like. An animal. He's an animal freezer. Now, don't forget right, don't forget everyone.
Speaker 2: At some point, Echoes Act three was meant to like have an on a Moatopeia part of it, where he can make things do like the word yeah. He can make he can make the sound of words and make them do that. But then at some point that just became make things heavy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He's like, yeah, you're right, man, You're right. Oh god, this the arc of the stand is is so spectacularly stupid. Koichi is like, oh, don't worry Rohanna. You know I was watching you after you left your house, and I saw that, and you kept going with the bit of having no of you not wanting anyone to see her back. And that's why I believe you now, and I knew you must have been telling the truth. So that is why I followed you into this alleyway and rescued rescue you from all these possessed dogs and cats. He then shows uh. Koichi is then made aware of Cheap Trick himself and attempts to use Act three freeze to pry Cheap Trick off his back, but finds out that once Cheap Trick is removed, h it's all going to end in a real bad way. So he abandons this and they're forced to sort of take on a cheap Trick with a different strategy. Do you all remember what's about to happen here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, He like shuffles two feet to the left and unveils as plan.
Speaker 1: Which is so really odd. So I found this to be really stupid but also kind of cool.
Speaker 4: I love I love that.
Speaker 5: I've completely forgotten about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a good execution on like his plan, but it was like he was literally a foot away from this point and went through all that three Freeze ship and could have just been like listening, shut up.
Speaker 2: He does kind of do nothing this episode.
Speaker 4: He just like shows up injures him, and then carries on.
Speaker 1: The cool thing is Koichi. I don't know if Kochi like also realized where they were geographically in town, right, but it's very cool how Kochi just like stays still and is looking forward the whole time, right. And then that's when I realized what was gonna happen too, because they show you like the sort of mailbox that was there, and then immediately I was then transported back to like this ghost alley where if you look backwards you get fucked up by like the demon hands, and that's exactly what happens to a cheap Trick. He cheap Trick turns around towards Koichi and is sucked into Remy's Alley, which, if you will remember, is the ghost alley that the Afterlife lives in. It's the only place in Morea where this happens, and Morio, sorry, where this happens, and he is consumed and sent to hell literal hell, as is written by Heaven's door.
Speaker 2: Watch. I would watch like a four hour video essay of you just explaining the entirety of JoJo's bizarre adventure.
Speaker 1: You like how this is going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is pretty great.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Bud, appreciate that. I like that courage. But yeah, so that's what happened the ghost Dally returns. It's a callback from earlier in the season, and that's where you know a Cheap Trick is banished to now Cheap Trick is also a stand who's like a self contained stand. Right, Cheap Trick has no human affiliation as far as we're aware. Parasite is just a parasite stand. Very good, sent to hell, see you later, get out of here.
Speaker 2: And the fact that Rohan writ's going to hell on him as he does pretty good. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, pretty cool. We can close the book on Cheap Trick. Cheap Trick's done zo. We now have to tidy up this four parter and get back to Kira because we've abandoned Kira for most of these episodes, and he's got his own shit that's boiling and is about to overflow here. He's he's going around town. His nails are growing like crazy. He can't help it.
Speaker 2: Where is nails growing, Jeff?
Speaker 1: Because he just needs the murder. He needs the murder so bad that it's forcing the insatiable need to murder is forcing his nails to grow faster. And that's that's like his one sort of like tell it was like, yeah, he's just good nail boners, and his nail boners must be satiated by the by the hunger for murder, right, That's that's what we're what we're talking about. He's on a train, Kira is uh, going back home from presumably work, when he's pestered by this like hipster couple, uh, and he's like sort of annoyed by them, and he's like he's like, oh, these these yeah, they're like hipsters. They're like a young couple, you know, on the train or whatever.
Speaker 5: Anyone who's young is a hipster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how I operate these days. Is that? Okay? I think that's fair.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, okay, you know I would just call him a young fashionable couple.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I don't. I don't have like pejoratives with hipster. I don't think hipsters are like necessarily a negative. Yeah, so, uh he is, uh, he's sort of having like a bit of a tiff with them, and he accidentally drops his nail clipper, which is in the shape of a bowling pin, and that is like weird.
Speaker 2: Hero likes bowling or do you.
Speaker 6: I don't know, because he likes hands and he likes, you know, maybe the feeling of things.
Speaker 5: Like this hands.
Speaker 4: I thought it was like a style of nail clipper, like the shape.
Speaker 2: It is, but there's a bowling ball on it.
Speaker 1: But it's certainly a bowling pin shaped. Yes, they even call it out. They call it out in the.
Speaker 4: Work for Oh yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: I guess, nice bowling pin nail clipper, you fucking loser, you know.
Speaker 2: And he's like, it's a little harsh nail clipper or is it the.
Speaker 1: One of first I'm seeing it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the person.
Speaker 6: Whose body bowling?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because I love the idea that, like Kira just likes bowling. I think that's really fun. But I wonder is it No, this is just another nail tippers picked up from the house. There is no answer to this, but it's fun to think about.
Speaker 1: Oh. I hope bowling comes back up again. I guess it sounds like it won't, but we'll see.
Speaker 2: Well, we are approaching the final arc here, which unfortunately is not a bowling tournament.
Speaker 1: Look, it could have gone that way.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying I'm with them. These bowling pins style nail clippers are a thing of the past. I've changed my nail clip a game.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you know, all right, good to know you're we know you're a pioneer.
Speaker 5: In that field.
Speaker 1: Very good notes, So I don't know. Kira's fucking nails are like, Yo, you better murder that couple. Uh, you better follow them home and murder them, or I'm going to grow really really fast and hard and long, So please go do that. He follows them back to their apartment and just like you know, they go into their apartment and he's right behind them, and he like kicks the door open and he just marks this guy like right away.
Speaker 2: The time this guy goes from like being completely alive to just vanished from reality is maybe like five seconds. And it's so scary, like it's scary. This entire this entire scene is like kind of terrifying.
Speaker 1: I don't think, Kira, I don't think they've demonstrated cure being as evil as they have in the final like five minutes. Yeah, he is. He is maniacal and frightening in a way that is really tough to put into words. Uh So he totally just vaporizes this dude and then has the girlfriend on the ground. I believe her name is Monaco, right, and she's like don't She's like, don't kill me, don't kill me. She's like screaming, this is the this is legit horror, Like, this is the this is scary, so scary, Like, oh my god, don't kill me. Would you do to my boyfriend? Where is he? It's just like where to go? What's happening? And he's just like, what's your name? What's your name? And she and her mouth is just it's like stuck open because she's just screaming in horror. It's really really disturbing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do like a really good job, where like she can barely understand what she's seeing as.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, right exactly, so you know she so she's like she's like oh, what did you do to him? Don't kill me? Don't kill me? And then he's like, whoa, what's your name? And she says Monocco. And then because because that is the only way I can like somehow sugarcoat his insanity, like that's that's like making me feel better, because what this freak does is he puts an ear oujio, he puts an ear ring on her ear that has her boyfriend's ear seate and attached to it. Okay, let's not forget that little gem. While all the while, we find out that the sun right Hyoto Hyato Kyoto Hyatta Yato is filming this entire thing slowly and is quietly gathering all this evidence about who he does not believe his father is anyways, Like this is not my dad, my dad, as far as I'm aware, my dad is not vaporizing people left and right and murdering people. What's going on? We cut back to Kira interacting with Monaco, and he just like quietly vaporizes this poor innocent person, leaving nothing but her hand in his and then he has like a moment with his hand where he like rubs it all over his face and he's like I love hands. Hands hands hands, separate hands are great.
Speaker 2: I thought about Kira at this moment. And do you guys, do you guys watch Conan O'Brien, which ye sure. Have you ever seen his assistant producer, Jordan Slansky.
Speaker 5: Jordan Slansky, Oh my god, Yes.
Speaker 6: In the fucking Coffee Machine was one of my favorite videos on YouTube for so long.
Speaker 2: I think bet Jordan Slansky has a Kira ish vibe.
Speaker 1: That's weird. Okay, I'm gonna have to refamiliarize myself with the specificity of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can see what you mean, So.
Speaker 2: I would say specifically the scenes where Kira is like, ah, yes, the best katsu sandwich in the village, Like the pleasure he takes from, like like the very like nearly kind of analytical, near like kind of mechanical approach to I enjoy this thing.
Speaker 1: Kira is like this.
Speaker 2: I don't think Jordan Slansky is a serial killer, despite whatever Conan says, but it really really reminded me of that.
Speaker 6: I think the younger version I recently, I need to go back and listen to that one.
Speaker 4: When he's younger. He definitely has that same like modern totally modern day He's a little more.
Speaker 2: When he's older, he gets a bit more curmudgeingly. Yeah, it kills the kind of cure vibe a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but young even if you look at him when he's younger, he looks a bit psychotic as well.
Speaker 5: I like the episode. I like the bit of the podcast the podcast.
Speaker 6: I like the video where it's just like Conan just sits in Jordan's office because he's just not at work and he tries to find Yeah, what the fuck he does all day?
Speaker 1: That's good, Okay, back to the Apartment of horror. You know, he's slapping this severed hand all over all over himself and he's like, I love I love women's hands. Yes, yes, yes, I'm happy. That is then interrupted by like an overall sort of like Spidey sense that he gets no realizing he's being recorded. The sun goes like or yeah something like that. Yeah, he hears, and he turns around. He realizes, like, oh my god, the door has been unlocked this whole time. What a careless murderer I am. And he like runs out the door and he sees Hyatto running away and like is able to zoom in and understand that he's like running away with a camera. Uh, and he gets freaked out by this, so he decides to just vaporize what's left of the girl's hand. That is kind of funny where he's just sort of like, I guess we'll have to find a new one of these, and he just sort of like you know, vaporizes that away and gets rid of the evidence. He goes home to his house to find out that his fake son, right, because he's sort of like body snatching his dad. He's in the bath and we see we see the sun. Hyato's already taking a bath, right, he's there and he's got which I don't understand why he's doing this. He's got the freaking tape in like a little bucket in the bath with him, Like, buddy, what are you doing? Why is why did you bring this into the bath with you?
Speaker 5: Well he doesn't want to let it out.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I know, but like water and electronics, like what are we doing? Like this can't end? Well, you're you're you're putting too many things in jeopardy by introducing water to a videotape. Can we all agree on that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I agreed, agreed, unless.
Speaker 5: Unless it's a fake and it made a copy.
Speaker 1: You know, well, I don't know, we'll find out because man, we're we're okay. I'm just letting everyone know we're entering real uncomfortable territory the rest of this episode. I I'm just you know.
Speaker 4: It's not great. I'm like, also context Japanese culture, the idea of like bathing together is very normal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, there's a weird ways look at it, all right, but I kind of I'm I'm here, It's okay. It's strange to see, like there's there's some bizarre screen grubs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure there's some tough angles. We'll call it that. I mean Hyatto. How old is Hyato supposed to be?
Speaker 2: Not old enough for this?
Speaker 4: No like or something like that.
Speaker 1: It's ten. I think ten I can deal with from that sort of angle that you guys were describing before. Anyway, Kira enters the bathroom butt ass naked, and it's basically like, Yo, it's been a while since we've bathed together. How about I get in there with you, bud, and the Sun is freaking out, is like, because he knows this guy is like body snatches real dad, he's his murderer, and he's freaking out and He's like, oh man, I'm incredibly uncomfortable. He's like shaking, you know, he's sweating. Kira's like, what's wrong, little guy?
Speaker 2: Why are you une of like genuinely good horror, Like, oh yeah, crazy?
Speaker 5: And also you're naked.
Speaker 1: You're naked. Everyone's naked. Everyone's naked, everyone's sweating, everyone's uncomfortable. Hyato gets out of the bath and uh that's when Kira starts to like start cleaning him, and we are we are tipped off that Killer Queen has like explosified a strand of Hyatto's hair and explosified. I mean, I'm for that. Yeah, Like I think that. I I know it. It's a I know it's not a real word. Just like it just okay.
Speaker 2: I'm in favor of becoming a real word. I'll just also a real nice touch to the scene. When Kira first enters the bathroom, his shadow on the floor is Killer Queen holding thisng.
Speaker 4: Oh is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool. Okay, I gotta go back and look at that. I like that. I haven't seen enough like Killer Queen in the flesh lately, right aside from like the logo on his ties and stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh well, buddy, do I have do I have some episodes for you?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be well served. It sounds like, so obviously the scene is intense. Everyone's naked. We're seeing like very crude drawings of things of privates. It's weird, it's upsetting. There's like difficult and uncomfortable angles. But then it gets to the point where Hayato has to confront here and say, yo, I know you're like this murderer, but I'm also filming you from every angle and that's what's happening right now. I've got like a foot camera, I've got a camera that's coming out of the corner of the bathroom. So guess why, Bud you kill me? And it's all on tape and the jig is up right.
Speaker 6: But the thing, like he says stupidly, he's like, oh, well, someone will find those tapes.
Speaker 5: It's like, well, yeah, dad could find them, Like you haven't.
Speaker 6: Said, oh I've told someone that where the tapes are and they're not on site, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Like yeah, you're right. Like if without the Internet there is a bit of trouble, like just the flying this.
Speaker 1: Well maybe it's like a CCTV that's going to the police who cares. I can believe me, friends, I get suspend my disbelief for where these cameras are broadcasting.
Speaker 2: Do you know what bit really just horrifies me from here. It's when talks about I'm only gonna blow up his head a little. So yeah, so it looks like an accident, which is like, it's such a such a nightmare of a scene.
Speaker 1: Because he also says that kind of thing happens all the time. Yeah. Anyway, these two are at each other's throats just in time for the to be continued, arrow to enter the screen, and there you have it, the thrilling conclusion question mark to uh these four episodes, man, I do as uncomfortable as that bathroom scene is, I did think Part four on the whole was pretty pretty solid. I'm a fan.
Speaker 2: I I mean I enjoyed the both these episodes. I think you guys, criticisms of the Part three is fair. I really I think there's a lot of good shit in this episode. I think the stand battle is much more solid, and I think just the horror parts of Kira really nail him down as just I just not not like just a not a like a dangerous person, but like a frightening one.
Speaker 6: Well, think it's a lot of horror with the Rohan cheap trick because like just it would spring at you the whole time, just enough to drive you mad like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I should also highlight we did see Jodoro a good amount these two final episodes, Like we like he spoke a little bit. I kind of forgot what his voice sounded like, and that was comforting to hear.
Speaker 5: And I don't forget that baby that they've kidnapped still around.
Speaker 1: Dad. Yeah, yeah, there's we We got to see like a couple people we had not seen in a while. Uh So I thought that was exciting. Always fun to see Joseph Joe Starr just being there too, you know in the previous just sitting there on the couch with Invisible Baby, a.
Speaker 4: Character of the Hangover constantly.
Speaker 1: It's pretty silly, but yeah, there you have it. Uh, we are on the precipice of what is almost certainly going to be a thrilling conclusion to Diamond is Unbreakable.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is my favorite. Careful here, please, this is my favorite ending to a Jojo. I don't know that you guys will agree. I think that the show needs to hit very hard to justify, like, how like what is going to be the conclusion to Kira? How do you deal with this problem? And I feel just like the general level of elevation and where we go here, I love it so much. I don't know if you guys will feel the same.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 2: I said, this is one of those fights I have been excited to watch with you guys since we shared this podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh that means a lot. That get that that brings me great excitement. I gotta say, I do think they did a very narratively smart thing by like just really pulling out all the stops for Kira's overall evilness, right, Like that stuff is on display here in a very meaningful way. And I do think it's like reinvigorated that that that villain sort of persona that we needed.
Speaker 2: This is kind of automatically Like I really love about it Part four because I feel like the show does do a good job of, like, you know, building up the town as this really kind of awesome thing with all this weird shit like the stones and the library, book and the past, the restaurant and all yep. But it's like there's just this fucking horrible, horrible evil just like buried right in there and I love that. Like that to me is part four and like that's what's so excited about it. And now in these final episodes, like watching what it all comes to, I cannot wait to talk to you guys about it next time.
Speaker 1: That's right, the next Yeah, we.
Speaker 2: Should probably say, Jeff, we are looking at I know things have been a little hit and missed with the podcast, or like in terms of scheduling, we are looking at wrapping this up by the end of the year. Is that correct?
Speaker 1: That is the plan. You've got another one Bites the Dust parts one and two, which will be covered on the next episode of Jeff jess Bizarre Adventure, followed by the three part We'll do I guess we'll do, Like there's a two part of it's called Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable Parts one and two, and then the final episode Goodbye morio h we will be doing at the end. So that so that final podcast episode will cover three anime episodes lovely doing business with you all. That's gonna do it. I think we will say our goodbyes. John. Where can the good people find you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: You can find me? Many places. But you can find me a Twitch dot tv for slash super effectual for a stream Mondays and Fridays. Yeah, Mondays and Fridays.
Speaker 1: And you've got a new video that I recommend everyone go watch and check out, very good stuff. Thank you. Yes, Lucy James.
Speaker 5: Hi, I'm Lucy James Games everywhere.
Speaker 6: I'm enjoying Blue Sky a lot. I'm at Lucy James Dog Games over there.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what. I'm also on Blue Sky ipatul sky.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's kind of nice having a social media platform that makes you not want to act.
Speaker 1: We die for now, for now, already see the sand running out of that hour.
Speaker 2: I got a d M this morning, but okay, that's my own fault. I didn't close dms. Saw some fucking dark shit closed them. Oh go go, good luck with that. John Moore, where we find you.
Speaker 4: Pal, I'm Tom h on everything. I'm on blue dot com, which is oh cool.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do that too. There's a way to like make your own domain the representative, just.
Speaker 4: As long as you have your own domain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go, all right, And I'm on Blue Sky as well. Uh so look for me there and look for me every other place. That I am rapidly exiting, so say goodbye before it's closed forever. We'll be back with a brand new episode of Jeff Chef's Bizarre Adventure in probably a week or two. Sep it glued to Giant Bomb Socials will message out when those episodes will be available. Until then, thank you so very much for listening. We will see you next time. Bye bye bye, Jeff. Jeff's Bizarre Adventure is hosted by timoor Hussein, Lucy James, John, Super Eye, Patch, Wolf Walsh, and Me Jeff Backlar. Our post producer and editor is Jean Luke Sepke. Our logo is designed by Justin Vashon and Jesse O'Brien. Thanks so much for listening. Enemy