Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Happy Day for the JV Show.
Speaker 3: I'm Selena. I don't that's the last time we're going to do that, Okay, are you sure? No?
Speaker 2: I can't make it.
Speaker 1: Last Wednesday we agreed for bringing it back.
Speaker 2: It is back, okay, but never mind fully bad.
Speaker 3: But I have to cap it though, Like how many times per day are we allowed to do that?
Speaker 1: No more than guys?
Speaker 2: Too much?
Speaker 3: I don't want to overdo it.
Speaker 2: And it has to be special.
Speaker 1: We're already at three three Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think we've already hit the cap.
Speaker 4: Just one more time, ye yeah, all right, the first talk back of the day.
Speaker 5: Morning guys, Happy hump Day and Wednesday, it's your annoying friend Amanda from NAPA. I just wanted to call back and clarify it's it's a voting contest, but really it's it's not just about the cash prize. I would get a chance to be in Taste of Home magazine as well as fly to New York. I would get to meet the celebrities chefs, so there's a lot more to it. But anyways, one more day, vote will vote Amanda Perry Instagram favorite chef yep.
Speaker 6: You guys bike.
Speaker 1: Okay, that first talk about is not going to make sense to anybody that wasn't listening to the show yesterday around eight twenty or something. Our buddy Amanda from NAPA, one of our favorite listeners. She's in a bit of a chef competition that requires some online voting, and I believe it's still her link is still posted on our Instagram JV Morning Show. If you'd like to go lend to vote for it. She was following up on what we were talking about yesterday because I was like, oh, I think she wins a big cash prize. Well turns out she wins even more than that, I mean a trip and meets some celebrity chefs and she gets to be a magazine and all kinds of other stuff. So that would be really cool. So if you want to go help her out, go go vote for her. Vote for her, and the link provided there.
Speaker 2: I tried.
Speaker 1: She wins.
Speaker 3: I tried to vote for her yesterday and I had to ditch my efforts.
Speaker 6: Why I'm going to I'm gonna go back and do it, but it is the last.
Speaker 3: Day she was making me sign into Facebook and anybody got time for that?
Speaker 2: And I was did you vote for her?
Speaker 6: Jabs?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Duh, I have my Facebook app downloaded on my phone.
Speaker 2: But did you vote for her?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: You use Facebook? Why I I don't.
Speaker 3: Know why it wasn't already I don't know why it wasn't already signed in, But to have to think of my password and stuff like that, I just didn't have the time.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll I'll get.
Speaker 1: To it today.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'll do it to happen to jump through hurdles.
Speaker 1: People don't like that, right, I'm going to download Facebook today.
Speaker 3: Yes, everyone do that and then vote for Amanda because she does deserve to win this and we really want her to win.
Speaker 2: So that link is on our story.
Speaker 6: Jav Morning Show. Makes you give us a follow while you're there.
Speaker 3: Guys, I got my tickets to see the Backs Boys at the Sphere.
Speaker 2: Wait, really, I'm so excited to go to.
Speaker 1: Look at you smiling, fangirling.
Speaker 2: I'm going.
Speaker 3: So I think the I think the tour. No, it hasn't kicked off yet, has it? I don't know, But I'm going in July.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're going to Vegas.
Speaker 2: I'm going to Vegas in July.
Speaker 1: Been to this, I've never been to this er.
Speaker 6: This Sphere is so cool.
Speaker 3: I know, I've been wanting to go so bad, but you have to go for like the perfect thing, right and hello Batty Boys the reunion tour which you have to go into this know, and it's just going to be a bunch of old guys huffing and puffin. Oh yeah, I remember they did that reunion performance on time and that's exactly what it was. So I don't have high expectations for the show itself, but I feel like being at the Sphere will make everything better.
Speaker 1: They'll do it a big for all the effects, Like everybody that I've talked to that's been into the Sphere, everything they do with the screen there and all the every just everything else that they do, the experience of it all that's going to put it over the top.
Speaker 4: But you won't even be focused on them huffing and puffing on the stage.
Speaker 3: Oh no, my Plus my seats are way up there so that I wouldn't. I don't even think I can see them, but see the screen.
Speaker 1: We love to ask what tickets to see the Backstreet Boys at the Sphere will set you back? Anybody that's listening is like, oh that sounds like fun. I'd like to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you go.
Speaker 3: Now, there are tickets for one thousand dollars Big Team, one hundred dollars hours the ones that me and my sister got three hundred and seventy each.
Speaker 2: Yes, wow each.
Speaker 3: And and when I checked like a couple days before that, they were like two something. They were like constantly going up. So it's like, we have we have to get our tickets.
Speaker 6: Oh so you guys got them along. No, no, we got him like last week. Oh wow.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm very excited for you. This is gonna be fun. When should the rest of all of us JV Show you know, listeners and JV show fam. When should we arrive in Vegas? No, I'm not going to the show, but I just wanted to like to go to Vegas.
Speaker 6: You should go July.
Speaker 2: Mid July. It's all I know.
Speaker 1: I'm busy that day.
Speaker 3: Agreem, come on.
Speaker 6: It'll be fun.
Speaker 1: Sounds like fun.
Speaker 6: A weekend in Vegas me and you, buddy.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to plan a one night or this summer. That's all. That's why I went for my first hit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, O, my man, AG's going not to the concert, but you can hang out with them while I'm at the concert.
Speaker 6: Keep him company on.
Speaker 1: Perfect the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine Time four four things you need to heads up on to start your day.
Speaker 3: So headlines all over the news, excuse me about jets at nightclub and the Dominican Republic too, if you haven't heard the roof collapse early yesterday morning and the deaths hall just keeps on climbing. At of this morning, one hundred and thirteen people are confirmed dead. Another one hundred and fifty five have been transported to the hospital where they're receiving care.
Speaker 2: Of those that they found in the Rebel.
Speaker 3: Octavio Dotel, who played he played for the A's, but he played for a lot of other organizations.
Speaker 2: This he played for the A's I think in two thousand and five.
Speaker 3: They rescued him from the Reubel, but he passed away on his way to the hospital. There was also one other baseball player, Tony Blanco, who they said did not make it.
Speaker 1: That whole thing. I mean, everybody's there just celebrating, they're there for our concert, having fun in the entire building. Basically just crumballs apart. So scary, so sad, all right, with just a handful of games left in the regular season and playoff seating on the line, and Golden State Warriors put together a statement win last night over the Phoenix. They absolutely pounded them, one thirty three to ninety five. That was the Sun's most lopsided loss of the entire season. Wears are still in sixth place in the Western Conference. They have the same overall record as the Clippers, Nuggets, and the Grizzlies, and I think the Timberwolves are only one game back of them. The Warriors host of Spurs tonight at Chase Center. Tip Off is at seven oh five.
Speaker 4: Comets, Comets, Another beautiful day with plenty of sunshine, perfect day for a nice walk in the park. High as will be in the low to upper seventies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was hot yesterday, It's gonna be an hotter today. Hey, Sagittaria's best day. Today's gonna be a oh six oh no. Professional test or challenge has your attention. You're gonna have some tough competition to advance, practice and prepare before presenting. Don't forget to smile for the camera.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: I don't know. You told me I don't believe in Astrology the JV Show on Wild ninety four.
Speaker 3: To nine JV Show on a Wednesday. I'm Selena and I'm just you know, we do Wednesdays here on the.
Speaker 2: JV Show, right.
Speaker 1: What's that our.
Speaker 6: Cool or Not List? We grow some things out and we ask cool or not?
Speaker 3: Can I just throw something out that I think is very cool and you guys can let me know if you think cool or not cool or not. It's iHeartRadio Week on Wheel of Fortune.
Speaker 1: That sounds cool, tell me.
Speaker 3: More, it's really cool. So this is been happening all week. We've kind of like merged with Wheel of Fortune. You know.
Speaker 2: Ryan C. Christ is the host of the show, and so the Golden Boy. Yeah, and so I think this is really cool.
Speaker 3: Like all week on like the puzzle board, it's going to have lowercase letter I s because you know, like iHeartRadio and there's gonna be like music related prizes and stuff like they could win a trip to our iHeart Radio Music Festival that's coming up or to next year's iHeart Radio Music Awards.
Speaker 2: Even viewers that are.
Speaker 3: Watching can win prizes from home, and it's going to be special guests coming in to play with the contestants.
Speaker 1: Okay, that part's all very cool.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: I don't remember getting an invite. I love Wheel of Fortune. I would love to play. Why why didn't I get invited to come?
Speaker 3: Because they have Ryan Seacrest, So why do they need the JV show?
Speaker 1: That's good. That part's not cool, but the rest of it sounds very very cool. Also, it sounds very cool. Maybe next year we could get the There's always next year, at least to be in the audience. I'd like to cheer on Ryan Secret.
Speaker 2: Oh i'd be here for that me too?
Speaker 1: Cool or not?
Speaker 6: Can I go next?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 6: Cool or not? Women urinals? Have you seen these?
Speaker 1: Shouldn't they be female urinals?
Speaker 6: Well, they're calling them women urinals.
Speaker 4: But I do have a picture up on JAB Morning shows Instagram in case you want to.
Speaker 6: See like how it looks.
Speaker 4: But they say it's the urinal for women in gender gender non conforming people who squat to pee.
Speaker 1: That means but okay, it's kind of.
Speaker 6: Like a like a three urinal in one type.
Speaker 1: Of Oh you have a three way.
Speaker 6: Sort of I wouldn't even I.
Speaker 2: Don't even know how to use this.
Speaker 1: So do you put this in your pants?
Speaker 4: You do not put this in your pants. It's actually it's kind of big. If you scroll to the next picture, you'll be able to see.
Speaker 6: Ah, I see you see a woman? Want to standing there?
Speaker 1: Why don't they make the wall? Okay, so it's I don't know the best way to describe it, the best way to describe this. You really do need to see this on our story. Yeah, but like life size. So basically, it's like it's three swooping bathrooms combined into one with curved sides, and so you walk in or you step in, but it's open top, so you don't really have any privacy from above, and the side walls don't look very tall, and then there's just a small thing that you can then squat over. It does look like height inside each compartment, so three people could be squatting up the same time.
Speaker 6: That is correct, Yes, And it looks.
Speaker 4: Like it has some height to it some the woman that's staying and it doesn't even come up to her waist because it's at least covering your private areas.
Speaker 1: No, I get that. But like my big thing at you know, in the men's bathroom, when they have a nice tall divider between men journals, you're i don't know. There's something more comfortable about that. When they have the real low one or no divider at all, you feel like you're just standing there. You might as well beholding the other dudes, you know what I'm not. It's no's uncomfortable. This like you would be looking at the top of your head, in your eyes, you could be making eye contact with someone in the entire top.
Speaker 6: Part is awkward.
Speaker 4: Been at a festival before where the lines are so long you need to go or your bladder is about to burst.
Speaker 6: And there's no line for this, You're really not going to use it.
Speaker 3: I think it's a good idea for something like that in case of emergency is fine, But what if these become so popular or whatever there's lines for these too. That's a good point that either are faster.
Speaker 4: I think these are way faster than going into the actual stock.
Speaker 3: I feel like there needs to be something invented where we can just go anywhere, like guys like they just go behind a tree, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean, Like if there's some contraptions like that, but you have to wear in some sort of apparatus.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought. This was not another something that we still have to wait in line for like, what, what's the difference.
Speaker 6: The difference is it's much faster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the efficiency. I think this is a good idea.
Speaker 4: I also think it looks a lot like it would be a lot cleaner than your typical then you're typical, like porter potty, porta potty. I would not listen sometimes I'd rather just hold it in at a music festival than have to go in there.
Speaker 2: And risk just like touching something, touching.
Speaker 4: Something, or even the smell, like it's just it's it's nasty in there, So I would one try the it's called La pie.
Speaker 1: I think like the design the Okay, the second picture on our story, if you look at the picture in the top right corner, it's a little montage montage pictures, Like you can see there's the woman that's using it, and then there's two people drinking a beer standing right next to it, and they're all talking. They're all talking to each other, Like I don't need to talk to the person that's mid squat, so that part's not cool. Make the side walls an additional two feet in height, like that's not that big of a deal, and then this thing could work, whether or not it's cleaner. I don't know. I think these things at a festival get destroyed the same way that any porta potty will get destroyed because you're still going to the bathroom. You're drunk and you're going to the bathroom in it, and we know what happens. Now, my last question, but I think this is a good idea for efficiency's sake, So I'm going cool on that. But my last question is what about you know what happens? Because sometimes when you're going number one, the number two arrives. What happens when that happens? Are these things equipped to handle that?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's definitely not. I don't think they'refore.
Speaker 6: I don't think they're for that.
Speaker 8: Okay, well, so you would have to just like there's a potential get up.
Speaker 6: Go qick a line at the port of putty.
Speaker 1: Again, it's one problem because sometimes you know, where there's a one, there's a two. Oh God, the JV Show on Wild ninety.
Speaker 3: Four to nine Grammys and people were going crazy.
Speaker 2: They were loosing their minds.
Speaker 1: People were losing it. You guys loosing it for these New Trader Joe's mini tote bags, the little canvas tote bags. When we saw these things, everybody's waiting for him to come back and stock because the last time the Trader Joe's put him out there was a friend to you guys. Everybody went nuts. Well, the I guess the legend of the Trader Joe's tote bag has only grown and gotten crazier.
Speaker 2: Sex colors. They come in like cute little spring pestel.
Speaker 1: Color they are. They have a pastel blue.
Speaker 3: Tats get it to totsrves.
Speaker 1: Oh my god jokes. Yes, new Spring colors released pastel shades of blue, pink, purple, and green. The Trader Joe's Mini canvas tote bag is back. It arrived yesterday, you guys, except oh no, they're all gone. You can't get one the three Trader Joe's stores here in San Francisco. I want to know if anybody else wants to leave us a talk back if they experienced this at their local Trader Joe's. Maybe you got one and you want to brag about it. Hit us up on the talk back, Mike, I want to know what it was like, But I can only report about the Trader Joe's stores. They're here in the city because they had huge lines. The Trader Joe's on Fourth Street said people were lining up yesterday morning. Four hundred people were in line before the story that opened to get these things. They were sold out by eleven am. The Trader Joe's on Hyde Street, they said they had a line of about one hundred people. They were sold out by nine thirty in the morning. And the Trader Joe's on Bay Street that used to be my local Trader Joe's, I live right two blocks from there for many years. They said they had people lining up again outside the store at six am and they were sold out within forty five minutes. The store opens at eight am. People were lined up at six am. Wrap your head around that. Hundreds of people lining up hours before the store even opened. And yes, then they were sold out a matter of minutes. Now, look one person at this Bay Street one. If you're thinking I gotta get one of those, I don't know why, but I gotta get one of those. They said they were getting another shipment in tonight and that was last night. So they got a shipment last night, and they said you need to be here again, lined up ahead of time because they anticipated being sold out immediately again. So if you want to go line up again at some of the Trader Joe's stores.
Speaker 3: They already lined up. I think so sure they're there right now.
Speaker 1: If it's confirmed that they were getting another shipment last night, and people really want to get their hands on them, then you probably should already be in line.
Speaker 3: You know, you know, these are just saying to me, you know, these are already being resold, like people are literally standing out in line for hours just to resell them.
Speaker 6: The highest price.
Speaker 3: I saw seventeen hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: You're a two dollars ninety five cent? Is that what they you buy them for in the store.
Speaker 6: It's a couple of months, they're about two dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's two ninety five or something or whatever it is. It's very very cheap. And again it's a little canvas tote bag that says Trader Joe's on the side, seventeen hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my, are we stupid? Yes?
Speaker 6: We are? We are right. I mean, don't you have one of these? I have one of the bigger ones.
Speaker 2: Okay, nobody wants the big those as.
Speaker 6: I don't want the big ones.
Speaker 1: I want to cute any one because it's like.
Speaker 6: It's really convenient.
Speaker 1: It's like, how often do you use it?
Speaker 6: I haven't used to as often anymore.
Speaker 2: So you don't want the little one.
Speaker 6: I don't want the little one because nothing's going to fit in it.
Speaker 1: It's just like, just like, it's really convenient. How often you use it? Why don't ever use it? Like it sounds very cold any point in theory it could be convenient and useful. I don't use it, but if I.
Speaker 4: Did, it can carry a lot of my things if I put them in there.
Speaker 1: If you were to actually use it, yeah, I don't. I do want to hear from other people if you got your if you got one of these yesterday, how many people did you have to punch to get it or how long how early did you have to line up? I want to know. I do not. I cannot understand this frenzy. But this seems crazier to me than like the Stanley Cup. You know, the Stanley's people weren't lining up at six a m. But four hundred hundreds of people line at six am to rush in to get a Stanley. I don't. I mean there were a lot of people, but I don't think there were this many.
Speaker 4: It's because you know what it is what gets you is the price, because you're like.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, this is just three dollars.
Speaker 4: I can get like five of them. And then so you line up and there you go.
Speaker 1: And then at the end of the day, you're killed up with canvas tope bag.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: That's the reason I didn't get a standing. It was just for me.
Speaker 4: It was too pricey for just another water bottle that I was going to add to my collection.
Speaker 3: Right, So, but a two dollars tote back people before that, you know one of those?
Speaker 1: Sure, all right?
Speaker 3: So leave us to talk back if you did get one of these dollars.
Speaker 9: It's all the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 3: So Disney's live action remake of Snow White produced more carbon emissions than the last Fast and Furious movie.
Speaker 2: How so chickeny? Check this out? How does it produce these emissions?
Speaker 3: Let's see fuel used for cameras, heaters, and other fuel directly used to.
Speaker 1: Using gas powered cameras. These days, most of us have gone digital, but I guess they use the.
Speaker 3: Old This report says that they tried to use like battery when they when they could, but they still had to use a lot of fuel. They had to create the electricity, so they have like generators and stuff. And then there's indirect emissions that are rarely required required by major films, but they still can be.
Speaker 1: You say electricity or electricity.
Speaker 2: What did I say?
Speaker 1: You said electricity?
Speaker 6: There no electricity, electricity.
Speaker 1: I think I do say electricity electricity anyways, Okay.
Speaker 3: I don't know a sorry, Okay, So that that is, that's what was creating the emissions.
Speaker 2: To answer your question, Now, how much.
Speaker 6: Are they using or did they use?
Speaker 3: So a source said that about twenty six hundred tons of carbon emissions is right in line for what a movie production should be. These are UK tons, not American tons. They're a little more than the numbers, a little higher when you convert it, and so just I don't know, keep that in mind if that matters anyway. Okay, But they're saying that snow White produced sixty two percent more than like the quote unquote average. They produced three thousand, one hundred and fifty three tons, which is more than the last Fast and Furious movie, The Little Mermaid did even more than that, producing a five one hundred and twenty seven tons of carbon emissions.
Speaker 6: Why at least people liked that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, if you're going to pollute the planet, at least do it for something that people are like. That point pretty good. I don't care about the pollution. Just turns out that everything in our lives and everything that we had, everything we do is just destroying this planet faster and faster and faster.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I'm a little more upset about the Snow White because they did all that polluting and like it was bad and nobody even liked.
Speaker 1: The film didn't even make any money back. Yeah, you know, because a lot of times you make a ton of money whatever. A lot of these companies they pay money to carbon offset, which is just that's kind of bogus in itself. They should just be employing better practices to pollute last. But at a lot of times, and big companies do it all the time. You can pay a bunch of money and buy carbon offsets from somebody else that's doing something good if that whole thing drives me nuts, But they didn't know. I didn't even make enough money for that. Just any carbon offsets. They were just they haven't even been able to pay themselves back for that one.
Speaker 2: Graham, can I get a Hawk Tua?
Speaker 1: Of course, you can't have.
Speaker 2: No from her.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you very much, you guys. She has landed a gig.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 3: I guess she's back from that crypto backlash. Remember she's not facing any charges. We talked about that, you know, I think last week, maybe a couple weeks ago here on the JV Show.
Speaker 2: But she has a.
Speaker 3: Cameo and Glenn Powell's knew Hulu series Chad Powers. They were shooting some films recently, so apparently in this scene, Glenn is at a nightclub and he bumps into Hawktua, who plays herself Haley Welch. So I don't know how it goes. Maybe he's like, oh my god, Hawk two in the nightclub. I don't know, but this is kind of like major for her. Glenn Powell is one of the biggest names right now. It is interesting she's back, not that she's back.
Speaker 2: She just won't go away.
Speaker 6: She won't.
Speaker 1: She's made a lot of money, you guys, just for this one saying this one stupid thing.
Speaker 6: Dude, don't you kind of feel bad.
Speaker 1: He's made a fortune, an absolute fortune.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for the guy that was like interviewing her, the guy that literally gave her all this fame because he's now somewhere not making any money and she's the one.
Speaker 2: That blew up. I don't even know who that guy is.
Speaker 1: There was a guy there, yeah, yeah, there was somebody's that was for somebody's YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: But like nobody remembers him.
Speaker 1: No, of course I feel bad for him. I just think it's crazy. We live in a crazy world where somebody blurts out one drunken thing and then they now have generational wealth, you know what I mean. Like, she has made an incredible some money. She made a lot of money on that crypto thing, I'm sure, and she made She's made a lot of money and all sorts in all sorts of other things. And she's Halloween costume and she has a deal with Jake Paul's company Better or whatever, and I think she was producing some podcast content for them. And I know a guy that knows a guy that's that that's on that that works on that team, and he asked, like, what kind of money is she making just for this podcast endorsement thing? Deal? That she had with them, and you guys, it was a big number. And this is a verified just just an this was just an annual salary number. It was like, think of like a really good salary in the Bay Area that double it. And that's about what that was. And you know what I mean, And just to be just for her to be on doing some podcast stuff, you know what I mean, and an annual salary for that, and then that that's just not including all the other endorsement stuff and all the other things she's getting.
Speaker 2: And one salty Are we collectively salty?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Of course she works out one drunken thing. And there's plenty of people that have said funnier stuff than that and they have zero dollars. Are like, it's a world look at us. I feel like we've said way more stuff than that. We don't make any money. The JV Show on Wild ninety four.
Speaker 3: Nine, Happy Wednesday. I hope you're having a good morning. We have your chance now to win a chug mug. You just got to be the very first person to guest today's beleeved outword.
Speaker 2: This is what the bleep?
Speaker 6: You know how this works?
Speaker 3: Where we're gonna play this clip as soon as you think you know what that bleeped out word is, leave it on the talk back and then you improved, well, excuse me, then you would improved iHeartRadio App.
Speaker 2: Are you guys ready for today's clip?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 8: I had a professor in college that everyone wanted to.
Speaker 6: I wonder where he is?
Speaker 1: Now, Wow, did you we had one of those?
Speaker 2: Just a little bit?
Speaker 1: You really?
Speaker 6: Yeah, said you had a.
Speaker 1: We had one of those? Not me, but I think one that a lot of ladies did. And then and they did. By the way, think about what that bleeped out work would be and think about it long and hard. Let's get a winner, because yesterday nobody got it. I was shocked. Yesterday's what the bleep? We didn't? We weren't able to give away a chuckbug. Very disappointed for us. We want you to have one. They're very cool. All right, leave us your name and your city along with your guests on the iHeartRadio App. We want to be able to also shout you out when you win. But you have to be the first correct answer. Yesterday we didn't get one cracked answer, but you have to be the first correct answer.
Speaker 2: But get those guesses in now we're gonna play some of.
Speaker 1: Them next the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 3: Thanks for hanging out with the JV Show. I'm Selina and I'm just happy ones Day were played.
Speaker 6: What the bleep?
Speaker 3: Where you could win this JV show, Chuck mug, But you gotta be the first person a guest. Today's bleeped out word? Now, in case she mis today's clip, here it is.
Speaker 8: I had a professor in college that everyone wanted to I wonder where he is now?
Speaker 1: Against life? Just out there slag noun hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you ever want to leave your guests, do that.
Speaker 3: On the talkback Mike on the iHeartRadio app. Let's run through some talkbacks.
Speaker 2: Now, Good morning JV Show. This is Alicia from Valeo. I think the bleeped out word is date.
Speaker 1: Professor date. That's the most popular guest this morning. That just wiped out a lot of people's guesses.
Speaker 6: Right again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hi, this is.
Speaker 10: Karen from Oakland, and we believe the bleepout ward is be friends.
Speaker 11: Have a great morning, guys.
Speaker 3: Befriend friend that's innocent enough.
Speaker 6: That's never a good idea.
Speaker 1: Why help you get a better grade?
Speaker 4: That's that's a great idea.
Speaker 12: Good morning, This is Jamie from Martinez and my guess is slapp.
Speaker 1: You talk and then you slap on the B plus that's what you think I am?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, great guesses.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety.
Speaker 6: Four nine, we're playing what the bleep?
Speaker 3: You gotta be the first person to guess today's bleeped out word? Leave your guess is on the talkback bike and then you and Improved iHeart Radio application is today's clip here? It is one last time.
Speaker 8: I had a professor in college that everyone wanted to I wonder where he is.
Speaker 1: Now, dude, slain for sure dominating.
Speaker 2: Let's go to your guesses.
Speaker 3: I did the morning show.
Speaker 10: This is Narrow from Hayward, and I think the bleepout word is bribe.
Speaker 11: They want to bribe the professor. Okay, I have a great morning, Love you guys.
Speaker 1: I like that guess. Yeah not the correct answer. Would you, guys ever lay down a bribe for a professor? No, just to get a better grade? Can we change that C to a B or a B to an?
Speaker 6: Okay, maybe I have tried that.
Speaker 2: You've tried to bribe it.
Speaker 1: Tried to get like the offer, and then how do you get the extra of what's like you just went into their office after hours.
Speaker 6: My eyes a little bit like puppy eyes, like, yeah, I've been working three jobs. I couldn't do the community service you asked me to do. Like please, that's.
Speaker 2: Not a bribe.
Speaker 1: No, when did you take your top off? I'm confused.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Baby Show.
Speaker 11: My name is Melissa and I'm from San Jose, and I think the bleeped out word this morning is avoid. There's always a grouchy and gruffy professor everybody wants to avoid.
Speaker 6: Have a great day.
Speaker 13: Bye.
Speaker 1: That's a great guess. You get that mean professor. Don't make eye contact. They're gonna call on you.
Speaker 3: Get a creepy professor you avoid at all calls them.
Speaker 4: This is Ray from Chanose.
Speaker 1: My guess for the bleeped out word is impress. Press, Yeah, get dressed up on that day.
Speaker 14: Good morning JBS show.
Speaker 7: This is anquinina from Pittsburgh, and my guess for the bleeped out word for today is kiss.
Speaker 9: Have a good day bye?
Speaker 3: No, oh my god to no one get it again? Back to back days, you guys, woway, You guys want to step it up. Okay, No, listen to today's clip unbleeped.
Speaker 2: Here's the answer.
Speaker 8: I had a professor in college that everyone wanted to report.
Speaker 6: I wonder where he is now. They wanted to report him because he was so weird.
Speaker 1: Did you guys.
Speaker 6: Did Yeah, we did.
Speaker 4: He It wasn't any like sexual harassment or any of that. But it was his first year teaching, and the first two weeks everybody was already failing because he was trying really hard to make the class like hard, and for him to be such a like a strict professor, everybody was upset. We all had to go talk to like the head of the department.
Speaker 6: It was a whole mess.
Speaker 3: I'm still armatized professors allowed to make their class hard.
Speaker 1: But what a bunch of cry baby no no.
Speaker 6: Somebody.
Speaker 1: Do the word do your homework study harder? Yeah, made no engine.
Speaker 4: And the higher ups were on our side because they they like inspected whatever exams he was giving us, and they literally made no sense. He like gave He traumatized me in college, and so we talked to his boss.
Speaker 1: Where do you think he is? Today's probably out on the streets. You got him fire, because you.
Speaker 3: Guys can make an honest living, seriously, improve the lives of his students.
Speaker 1: Take better notes next time, stop sleeping in class. He has ruined his whole life. A couple of honorable mentioned guesses, all right, so nobody got it today and nobody got it yesterday. Does that mean to whoever wins tomorrow gets three chuck munks? Is this like rollover chuck munks? I don't know. We can talk about that. A couple of honorable mentioned guesses that I said, there's nobody to shout out this morning. Punch was a popular guest this morning. I think we all had a teacher that wou'd love to take a swing.
Speaker 2: Out, but you don't do it.
Speaker 1: Of course, not violence is never the answer, Mary, is there a professor that you've imagined marrying? I love? That was a popular guess. It kill also a popular guess against violence is not the answer. A couple of people guess kidnap. Also, I don't know what when you want to kidnap your professor for I don't kidnap, do you even? Well, just like for what reason? Big burlapsack and some rope and some duct tape like a little bit of chlorophorm. It's not that hard to kidnap a professor, does but sweet kid the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to the phone. Hey, are we saying your name correctly?
Speaker 2: Is it ya sir?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's correct.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to make sure.
Speaker 2: Hey, well, good morning, you were on.
Speaker 3: To play the JAV Show. You have nope game, it's for your chance to win tickets for Halsey. All right, So here's how it works. We're going to ask you for trivia questions. Just got to get three corrects and the tickets to yours.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, here's question number one.
Speaker 6: It took fourteen years.
Speaker 3: To do all the stone carvings for what iconic US monument.
Speaker 13: Mount Rushmore?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, fourteen years. Do you guys think there's a room for another face on there?
Speaker 2: I feel like we can make it.
Speaker 6: Oh, I don't know about that, Lena.
Speaker 1: What there's there certain someone that wants to put his face on there right now? And you're like, oh, we can make one. That's gonna be my answer to that, all right. Should number two, what is the name for the type of yoga that has performed in a very hot room? I don't.
Speaker 2: Call it should accept hot yoga. That's how I've heard it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but hot and yoga right there in the question that that does make it exact one. No, it's it's not that easy. Bickram is the name of hot yoga. That's the what it's most commonly called.
Speaker 2: I tried, Yes, sir, I tried Number three.
Speaker 3: Key, kuffer, cair and finger are all different types.
Speaker 2: Of what fruits.
Speaker 13: One more time.
Speaker 6: I was hoping you.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't ask that you.
Speaker 3: Got key, cuff, cafir, the beer and finger all different types of what fruit.
Speaker 1: Key is the key to key Kiwi's.
Speaker 2: You heard a key line?
Speaker 1: Key lines.
Speaker 6: Limes is the answer that was a tricky one too.
Speaker 1: Limes all right? Question number four? You need this one just to finish strong. Niagara Falls is a famous natural wonder that straddles the international border between what two countries in the US and Canada.
Speaker 2: Finish it's not winning, but it ain't.
Speaker 1: Fear limes, No finger limes.
Speaker 2: You have never heard of finger limes before?
Speaker 1: I think I have.
Speaker 3: You did not win the jav Show, you know game. I'm so sorry about that. We really enjoyed having you one. But listen, don't hang up. I'm gonna put you on hold and Jess's gonna chat with you for a second.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh you know what. I turned the phone off and he can still hear me.
Speaker 1: Hang on, just hang on.
Speaker 2: You just can't hear him. But I know he heard me. All right.
Speaker 1: Let's hope. Yeah, I hope you guys talk up on him, didn't you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: I didn't.
Speaker 10: I know you do.
Speaker 2: He's still on hold. Sure, all right, Graham got some shout out?
Speaker 1: We do. I got a DM here it says morning Graham. Girlfriends in your DMS. You got girlfriends in your d MS. Welcome in, Stay well. Love listening to the JV Show team every morning, playing along with the trivia game with my boyfriend Philip with one L and would love to wish him a happy birthday. Can't wait to head down to Coachella next week with you. Here's too many years with many more memories and come in in second or third in weekly trivia with love your Bonnie, so happy happy birthday? Does fill up with one L? Who goes the part about that? Another one here? Hey, Graham, want to ask you if you good give our slug or Joel a shout out for his birthday today. We listen to you guys every morning. The way to school, Joel's turning six years old and he always giggles when you say. That's from Mom, Dad, Isaiah, and Valerie. We love you. Ps keep kicking cancers, but we all admire your strength and thanks Gramming. You guys are the best. So yes, happy happy birthday Joel kicking cancers but is right? Yeah, I don't kick it too hard though. Another one kidding, Another one, Hey Graham, can you please give a special birthday shout out to my baby girl, Jazzy Jazz. She's turning the big one zero ten. We love her so much, even when she drives us crazy. Wishing her a great day at school and we can't wait to celebrate her tonight and on the weekend. Thank you. And that's from Mom Mardy, So happy happy birthday to Jazzy Jazz. One more, I'd like to say a shout out to my daughter Estella today on her sixth birthday, and that's from Mom, Dad, Chris and Floyd. We love you Estelle, Estella, hope you have a great six birthday.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday. That's a great point, honest.
Speaker 9: It's all the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about story.
Speaker 3: So I have more Blake Lively teas spilled on me. Another one of the scenes, which I don't think we've talked about yet, but that she didn't complain about in her lawsuit. You know, she's doing Justin Baldoni over you know, her experience working with him on It ends with us. One of the other scenes that she complained about that was very unprofessional was the birth scene where she delivered her baby. So actor Adam Mandschen, who played the doctor in this scene, he is now speaking out and has a totally different take than Blake on what it was like shooting this part of the movie if you don't know. And Blake's lawsuit against Justin and his producing partner, she claims that they pressured her to simulate full nudity because Justin Baldoni insisted that women give birth naked, to which she was like, no, they don't, and this wasn't in the scriptor nor was it in my contract.
Speaker 2: But eventually she felt like she just had to go along with it.
Speaker 1: My wife was completely naked.
Speaker 2: You aren't Selena hospital gown.
Speaker 1: I'm joking.
Speaker 6: Actually we had.
Speaker 1: Turned I don't know. Maybe that's the thing. Maybe some people feel more comfortable that way, I don't know.
Speaker 3: She also says that the set was lacking in standard industry protections for filming nude scenes.
Speaker 2: Blake says that they failed to close the set.
Speaker 1: Like goggles and close pins to put on her nose, but she says, like they.
Speaker 3: Didn't close the set so non essential cruise right crew members excuse me were able to pass through while she's laying there in stirrups. And she became even more alarmed when Justin introduced his best friend Adam Monsheen to play the role of the doctor. She says, normally this would be filled by a local actor. It's a small role, but she felt that justin choosing his friend to have his face, you know, in such close proximity to her nearly new downstairs, was invasive and humiliating, is what she says in her lawsuit. Like I said, Adam Monsheen, who played the doctor, he has a different take.
Speaker 2: He did an interview with Page.
Speaker 3: Six and he said that reading what Blake had to say about this, it really surprised him. He said that Blake's costume for this scene included a full hospital gown, black shorts, and a torso covering prosthetic to make her appear pregnant, in addition to whatever personal garment she chose to wear, which makes a lot more sense to me, but Blake saying that she was pressured to go nude. He also says that Blake never complained or expressed discomfort at any point because nothing improper occurred. It was entirely professional. That's just what he said. You know, of course Blake could have been feeling some type of way but didn't want to express it in front of everyone.
Speaker 2: There is that yeah, yes.
Speaker 4: Isn't making sense to me is the fact that she had the power to change certain scenes, So why not change other scenes that you felt uncomfortable with?
Speaker 1: So I'm thinking the exact same thing, Jess. I'm thinking that she clearly shows unlike the text messages and all the interviews, she has no problem speaking her voicing, you know, amplifying her voice true and critiquing the way that scenes are going or making changes because that's who she is. She even said that that's who I am on set. You know, she likes to take control, take over, take control, and take over, and she's putting her creative spin on things. She seemed to have no problem speaking up at all during any all these other things that happened, and she has no problem speaking up about it now. So in the moment, and look, you can't judge somebody if they were feeling uncomfortable and feeling pressure or whatever. You don't know in that moment if you're feeling an immense amount of pressure and you don't speak up. But she doesn't strike me given everything else that we've seen that she's afraid to speak up. So suddenly it's like, I just don't know that you can have it both ways over there.
Speaker 3: Well, the doctor, the guy who played the doctor, is saying that she felt totally comfort from what he saw was you know, a blake Lively that seemed to be totally comfortable when just going with the flow.
Speaker 1: And he had his face right in her business, right in her business.
Speaker 3: And he also says that he would be willing to testify and speak his truth in court if asked to do so.
Speaker 2: And that trial kicks off next year March ninth.
Speaker 1: Why do we have to wait?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 2: No, I hate that.
Speaker 1: I feel like we're getting the Diddy trial so much faster.
Speaker 3: Maybe probably, yeah, but anyways, we got to wait a long time, all right, Graham, What do you have?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 1: Happy trade war everybody? Hope you guys are having fun. The global stock markets continue to be extremely volatile following escalating tariffs between the United States and the rest of the world, but primarily China, because they are not backing down, you guys. The Chinese government has responded to the new tariffs we slapped on them with some tariffs of their own on us. We'd originally set the new tariff rate at thirty four percent, which was on top of the twenty percent we already had in place, so fifty four percent total tariff, but it sounds like because they're unwilling to negotiate, this has now been raised an additional fifty percent. So as it stands now, are tariff on Chinese imports is a whopping one hundred and four percent.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Take a moment. Think about all the stuff you order from Amazon that comes from China spoiler alerts all of it, and that's going to get one hundred and four percent more expensive potentially unless some sort of deal has worked out, But it doesn't sound like there will be one, because China just said, hold my beer, because they announced today they're going to start tariffing goods from the United States now at an eighty four percent rate. And again they are not backing down. They said they are going to fight this till the end. So if there was one kind tree that could probably outlast us in this thing, it's them. So we will shall see.
Speaker 2: What guess is going on.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but it's crazy, my gosh. Anyways, but just say, you know, when you stock up on your stuff, order your stuff now while it's still you know, cheap, because will get a lot more expensive. The JV show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: All right, it is a prom season.
Speaker 3: So if you go to a JB morning show and check out our Instagram story, this is the prom dress that everyone wants this year.
Speaker 2: It is like sold out everywhere.
Speaker 1: People you don't like it, I mean, well, I want to hear your thoughts about it first before I get mine.
Speaker 3: But I mean it's a little it's a little much with like the pattern level that much.
Speaker 6: But then I've seen pictures of you know.
Speaker 3: You know, young ladies going to prom and they're wearing it and they look really nice going to their prom.
Speaker 2: So I don't want to completely bash the dress.
Speaker 6: I think it's cute. It probably wouldn't be my choice dress.
Speaker 2: Why a lot, but the lot, there's a lot going on.
Speaker 6: I like the colors.
Speaker 1: Though, it's blue and white, and it has a laural pattern. Yeah, I don't know what that is. I would like it reminds me of like a very antique set of china, right, like tea.
Speaker 2: Kettle or Yeah, it's like kind of like florally.
Speaker 1: But then it has a very high slit there in the front. That thing goes way up there. You're in danger of, you know, you hit the dance floor problem. You're in danger of showing.
Speaker 3: Everybody I've seen don't don't even have the slits. I'm wondering if it comes both ways or if summer just are adding it. I'm not I'm not really sure. But the dress costs seven hundred fifty dollars. It's flying off shelves across the country, and people are even like looking up other girls online who've had the dress and warp to their problem, asking if they can like bide off of them or even like rent it just for like their prom weekend, just to wear this dress.
Speaker 1: Which is smart. Nobody should be spending seven hundred and fifty bucks on a one time I'm prom dressed. You know what, I've irresponsible.
Speaker 4: I've been seeing more and more TikTok videos of ladies sharing, like how much they spend for prom.
Speaker 6: It's like thousands of dollars.
Speaker 4: It's insane, Like I don't know if prom is just getting more and more expensive and people are buying more expensive dresses and getting their.
Speaker 3: Thinking is nails, slashes, hair, everything.
Speaker 6: To me, it's over a thousand dollars for shirt that you have.
Speaker 1: It's wed well at a lot.
Speaker 6: Of people are renting cars for prom.
Speaker 1: This dress though, I mean, okay, up top, you know it's strapless, but then down at the bottom, I mean it's big. This thing, I don't know how you describe it. It flares out or whatever. It's big. It's like it's a big, yeah, roughly poofy thing. It's just that's that's a lot. It seems like it would inhibit you grinding on your date, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Make it works?
Speaker 1: Is that how they're still? Is that how they're dancing just different?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: Are they just like does everyone stand in the corner corner and do their own TikTok dance?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they'll have to do TikTok dance just like do.
Speaker 1: To herse dances you not just like sweatily grinding the entire time.
Speaker 3: So if you want to see the dress, it's on our Instagram story. JV Morning Show, make sure you give us a follow. We got to talk about this movie theater trend because what the hell you?
Speaker 1: Okay? So Minecraft came out in theaters this past weekend. I'm taking my family there this Friday or Saturday night. I haven't decided, but we're definitely going. My son's obsessed with Minecraft and this movie a lot of people going to see it did big box office numbers. Probably have another big weekend again. But one thing that was happening at all the opening weekend at a lot of theaters nationwide for opening weekend, I don't understand. And if you can leave us a talk back and maybe give us an explanation of what this is. But there are certain theaters and I was reading about one in New Jersey and they had to not allow younger boys in that weren't accompanied by an adult. They had to change at because they said on Friday night, unsupervised boys who quote engaged in completely unaccepted, unacceptable behavior including vandalism happened. It happened during the screening. So now you have to be there with a parent. You can't be any teenage boy or whatever unaccompanied as as a minor. You need to have a parent there with you. They say. There is one particular scene during the movie when Jack Black's character says the phrase chicken jockey, and everybody goes nuts in the theater. Everybody's popcorn starts flying. People are jumping out of their seats, jumping over seats, breaking stuff. I mean, just a chaos happens as.
Speaker 3: Soon as the popcorn all over, Like.
Speaker 1: The theater just erupts into chaos as soon as he says chicken jockey. What And that's a minecraft zombie character that's riding a chicken like a horse. That's the thing. Anyways, So he says, chicken jockey. Am I sending people in their cars right now? Are they going into a frenzy every time I say it? Like, I don't know if this is some trigger word that like is sending people just into crazy, violent, destructive behavior, But this is what's been happening in theaters. Are trying to crack down on this.
Speaker 3: Of theaters I saw have a police presence now just for this. So as soon as this happens, they're escorting people out of the theater.
Speaker 1: Oh my, But why, I don't understand it.
Speaker 2: I don't know how this started.
Speaker 1: How did it start? Why is it a thing?
Speaker 3: I don't know from from what I read like baby zombie characters spawn all the time in Minecraft, but just but one spawning one spawn.
Speaker 1: Hold, But when.
Speaker 3: One spawn's writing a chicken, it's like extremely.
Speaker 1: Rare, it is. I heard my son talk about that and mycraft like it can happen in the game. But I don't understand why.
Speaker 3: During the put Yeah, I don't know. I don't know how this got to this point.
Speaker 2: Is it happening here? That's what I want to know.
Speaker 1: I'm about to set the bay Area off because I'm gonna say it again, Chicken Jockie, is.
Speaker 3: It happening at our Bay Area theaters? If anyone has experienced this, please.
Speaker 1: Well let it. I want to know because I want to. Normally, I'm not a big popcorn guy at the movies because I hate listening to people chew during the movie. It ruins it for me.
Speaker 2: Family.
Speaker 1: I know, I could not say anywhere near you guys, but I my.
Speaker 2: Man gets like three things in nachos, so it's just like crunch.
Speaker 1: It's my worst thing.
Speaker 3: Kids are just running around everywhere down.
Speaker 2: The aisles, scarp in my icy.
Speaker 1: Oh god, that's just I have anxiety just thinking about yeah a scrolling into the entire I picture of the entire row. Them all on their phone, scrolling and eating, not even watching the movie. I just want to come prepared, though, because if this is a moment where I need to be showering popcorn down on the roads in front of me, I want to come prepared. I want to have big buckets of popcorn ready to unleash, because I want to be a part of this. I want to be a part of the fun, not the person that's just getting nachos rained on them. I want to have some Ammo.
Speaker 2: Right food fight.
Speaker 3: Basically, Chicken Jockie, stop saying that I don't know figure.
Speaker 1: Out someone, leave us to talk aback if you understand the chicken jockey phenomenon more than or if it happened at your Bay Area theater. Because I want to know when I go on Friday Saturday night, if I'm going to have to go into a frenzy and get kicked out of the theater with my family the JV Show on Wild ninety four to nine. Chicken Jockey, we got to talk about it.
Speaker 2: That's what the movie theaters sound like.
Speaker 1: During the New Minecraft movie, theatergoers are losing their mind. At one point when during the film when Jack Black says the words chicken jockey, and that is a little what kind of creature is it on the back of a chicken.
Speaker 2: It's a baby zombie.
Speaker 1: Oh, baby zombie. That's right, baby zombie on the back of a chicken. He's riding like a horse. And everybody loses their mind. This is the new trend in the theaters and popcorn is flying everywhere, and Selena said some theaters have even had to resort to having a police officer on hand to immediately begin removing people that are involving themselves in this trend. Next thing, you know, he calls the chicken police on a chicken police. Yeah, chicken tee guys.
Speaker 15: So just about the Minecraft chicken jockey line that Jack Black says. The reason why people freak out over that is when the trailer first released, it was so funny and it just became a meme, like in two seconds, so that's why people are freaking out. They're also freaking out, and I am Steve, like when he says another there's pretty much any line that Jack Black says those in the trailer so have a great day.
Speaker 1: So multiple freak out moments. Well, I'm gonna lose my mind this weekend when I take my family see it and throw my popcorn everywhere.
Speaker 3: Like as dumb as this is, maybe because I don't understand the joke, like cool, the trailer was funny, I don't. I don't get Yeah, the freak out. I do want to see it in person.
Speaker 1: It seems kind of funny.
Speaker 14: Yeah, JV show. I'm just calling about the minecraft. I took my son on Friday and nothing happened.
Speaker 6: Crazy like that.
Speaker 14: I'm not sure why these people are jumping over seats and throwing stuff. Of course you hear some of the kids cheering or saying the name of him, but no one was going crazy. And it actually was a pretty good movie. My son sat through the whole thing, which never happens. And there's my candy fresh ladies. Jack Black, Okay, Jason Momo.
Speaker 6: Of course.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, you gotta get your ice chests.
Speaker 1: Everyone has their day. Everyone has their type, and for some people, Jack Block is their is their type, right, Not for me?
Speaker 2: Wow, Jess, that was mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just not my type?
Speaker 6: Is herpe No, that's.
Speaker 10: The baby show.
Speaker 12: This is Nancy. I sent my twelve year old daughter and her friends on opening night for Minecraft, and they said, this didn't happen, but they've seen it on TikTok. So I think that's why it's gaining traction and happening, because kids are seeing it and now they're doing it. But it didn't happen to her, And thank goodness because her ticket alone was twenty five dollars and I gave her fifty dollars cash for the merch and the Minecraft popcorn bucket and all that. She came back with no chains, and if she had thrown all her popcorn, I would have been kind of upset.
Speaker 2: That's a great point.
Speaker 1: That's part of the fun, the chicken jockey craze. And I'm actually a little bit more worried because, like she said, now everyone's seen this thing on TikTok. It's gone, it's going viral on social media. Everybody's theater reaction. Theaters, Yeah, everyone losing their minds. It's gonna happen more this weekend when I'm there with my family.
Speaker 3: I guarantee it doesn't happen while you're there, Graham, will you guys start it?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm gonna lose my you know what when he says chicken jockey, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Scream, You're I'm gonna scream, so you and the kid's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be I got a DM from our buddy Jason Lee. He sent me a DM on Instagram. He said, I took my son to see Minecraft in Hayward. It happened in my theater. I didn't know the reference, but the kids in the theater did. So it's a thing.
Speaker 6: You have to get it on video somehow.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: No phone's allowed in the theater.
Speaker 6: Everybody's recording this though. Some throwing popcorn allowed either.
Speaker 1: But you're gonna be doing that probably, Chicken jockey.
Speaker 6: Chicken jockey jockey.
Speaker 3: I don't get so that tax deadline is coming up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you guys done your Selena? You did your taxes very early.
Speaker 2: So what as I get my w T money?
Speaker 1: It's like January third and Selena is already doing doing her taxes. Jess, have you done your taxes, because April fifteenth is going to be here before you know it, today's April ninth.
Speaker 4: The past two years, I've gotten into a habit of doing them on the.
Speaker 6: Very last day. So I think I've got like a little bit of a tradition going.
Speaker 1: Got it? Which you can do? I mean, filing your taxes is not a big deal if you don't have any complicated tax situations. There's really not much. Most of the H and R block or turbo tax and stuff. You scan your W two and like, it'll do it. It takes care of the rest.
Speaker 2: After that is that how you do it? You do it yourself.
Speaker 6: No, I go to Liberty Tax.
Speaker 1: What why yes? Why why do you have any complicated tax situations?
Speaker 4: Well, but I feel like if I do it on my own, I'm gonna mess it up and then they're gonna come get me and.
Speaker 1: Give it from the one. That's not how it works unless you're committing some major tax fraud. And two the I mean, I will tout the TurboTax, H and R ball all those ones. The software is very intuitive. It knows exactly what to do. You just upload your W two, take a picture of it, get whatever, and it basically will handle it. Yeah, I know, it will walk you write through it, and you save some quite a bit of money. Did you do I'm going a person do, and we we've always done our own, and we have some complicated tax situations from time to time, and those can get a little frustrated. On those software things, they keep asking you questions that you don't have the answer to, Well, what does it say in box sixteen C? Is there a letter Z in that box? And you're like, well, yeah, there is, but then there's no answer, and you get into these like loops where it just keeps asking you the same stuff and you don't know until finally you just type in a made up number into the box and so you can move on. Pass that question. Oh tax trad or something probably, but like doesn't you know, it doesn't affect it's on some of these things, Like doesn't affect anything. It just needs some number in there, and I don't you know, Sometimes you just do it and move on.
Speaker 6: Why I'd rather have somebody else to do it, you know.
Speaker 1: But like what I'm saying is that's like yours. I've complicated tax situations where I've sold the house and an investment and things like that. Like if you don't have any of that stuff going on, you just have a W two, then it's very Doing your taxes is very straightforward to one of those programs. Anyways, what some singles now are apparently doing, and this is largely members of gen Z, they are so overwhelmed by the thought of doing their taxes that they're really stressed out about it that they are actually, they say, swiping right on people that are accountants. So on dating apps, it's a big plus right now, if you're an accountant, you're gonna be getting a lot more matches because they would then not only maybe they're interested in you dating you, but they would also like you to help them. But they have to.
Speaker 3: Actually go on a date with an accountant. That sounds boring, yeah.
Speaker 1: Or you just start messaging them, strike up a thing and then you can ask them that questions like what does it mean? What does it mean when there's a letter Z in box sixteen Z, and then you know you could ask them that.
Speaker 6: Just take your W two to the date and.
Speaker 1: Then this is the level that people are apparently stressed at, the level of stress that is causing people having to do their taxes, they said this. One survey revealed forty five percent of gen z Or say, finally, their taxes causes them more stress than actually pay taxes, and forty percent of them admit it it makes them want to cry. So people are.
Speaker 3: Parently jet that's why I just go to a guy and that help them do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, god, you guys, I don't even going to email him. Here's my stuff? Oh you excuse wait for my direct deposit?
Speaker 1: Here? Could be so so simple. How much do you pay that? How much do you pay that guy?
Speaker 6: Too much?
Speaker 1: Exactly? There you go? Would you like to have more money back?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 2: I love money?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just file it on one of those programs The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine, The.
Speaker 3: JV Show, I'm Selena, I'm Jeed, I'm Katy.
Speaker 1: What wait what Chaty? What are you doing here?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait, what's chitty here? What'd you get in here?
Speaker 2: Like around eight thirty the show starts at six? What late a little bit?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Overslept. No, A lot of people have been wondering what's going on with you? Are you coming back to the JV Show? So you're back with Wild back working in the building not fully a part of the JV show yet where you're working.
Speaker 1: I'm looking on it. People get off our case about.
Speaker 2: It, but glad to see you again.
Speaker 6: I love having you in the building.
Speaker 2: Conservation and she brought us Selsie when.
Speaker 3: I'm Davy show.
Speaker 2: This is Maria calling from San Jose. Why do you guys sound so tired?
Speaker 4: I feel like you guys are talking really slow, or maybe it's just because I'm used to listening to the podcast.
Speaker 7: You guys are like at one point.
Speaker 3: Five speed and now it's just like a regular speed, and I don't know, you're putting me to sleep. Have a good day, Wow, compliment, Thank you, Good morning to you.
Speaker 1: You know, there are a lot of people that listen to our podcast or podcasts in general. My brother does this and he'll listen to tow them at one and a half speed or two time speed or whatever, and then you do hear somebody talking at normal speed, and it does seem a lot slower. But we have the power here to adjust our show to one and a half speed live, and I think we can just I all have to do is just hit this button right here, and then it starts talking really fast. And then everybody starts going.
Speaker 6: Then I'm always wondering, like how we really tund.
Speaker 1: And sometimes like I just drink it really quick, and then she poured me another one. I was like, I don't know what suld happenno one.
Speaker 4: I'll just keep drinking really qu like a really really really really slow speed.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Let me see faith there you go. I yeah, God, okay, knock it off, knock it off.
Speaker 3: We were just talking about taxes. You know that tax deadline is coming up on the fifteenth.
Speaker 13: Good morning, jbfam. Hey Jes, you are paying way too much if you don't have anything complex to.
Speaker 1: File or whatever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're paying way too much.
Speaker 13: You just you could just go online right now and pay way less. And I agree, we grab that's not how it worked, unless you if you made a mistake, they will just send you a mail and with a correction.
Speaker 6: And that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good advice if anyway, because Jess said, you send your thing off to a guy to do your taxes, and I was like, you're a liberty tax Unless you have any complicated tax situations, you can hop online to your taxes in minutes and for a fraction of the price of whatever dude you know or lady is charging you to sit there and do that is usually like four hundred bucks or something like that, just getting started, and you could do it for like, there are places where you can if you're I think if you qualify too, you can also file for free. So there are different ways.
Speaker 4: Can girl math what the money that I was going to spend paying that guy I could use for myself shopping?
Speaker 1: Does exactly like it?
Speaker 2: Jesse, you have a parenting question.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm just curious.
Speaker 4: Should kids have chores and should they get paid for them?
Speaker 2: Should kids have chores? Yes, duh.
Speaker 3: I don't pay my kids for their chores, do you graam?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 1: My kids don't really have a set chore list yet. That is coming. We've we kept telling them as soon as we move into the new house, you guys are going to start having chores, and then we've just been so busy and it hasn't really happened yet, but they are going to and I think they won't get paid. I don't see them getting paid for sure, but they might get a small allowance maybe that they can put into their savings or something for completing the chores. And then maybe because I need some lever I can pull where like, okay, well you're not gonna get that five bucks if you don't do the thing. You know, I need some way to threaten them, because that's the only way you could operate with kids is just constantly threading, threatening and or bribing them to do stuff every now and again. Because my daughter, you know, she's five, she doesn't really know the full value of money, you know. They still think coins are valuable. So sometimes she'll be like, well, what if I go make my bed and clean up my room, can I have two moneies and you know, like like two coins, you know, And I'll be like, you know, of course that's only costing me twenty cents and two times. You know, of course, yes, go do that thing, and then I will go get in. Then she puts an air piggy bank, you know. So I have paid per shore.
Speaker 2: That way before, but not like a set list.
Speaker 1: No, not yet.
Speaker 2: I feel like the set list.
Speaker 3: I try that when my oldest is younger, and it only works, you know, the first few days, and after that they're like, it's not even worth whatever you're paying me. I just don't want to do it anymore. But it's like it just falls off completely.
Speaker 4: So is there an age where you start to implement to have them do the chores because is there certain thing as being too young?
Speaker 3: No, there's certain things that even the young ones can do, like straight and put their toys away and make their bed and stuff cleaning up. But I mean, and my kids do stuff like that, but I don't. I'm not like paying my four year old to do it. They're just doing things because they have to do them.
Speaker 1: You should give them two moneies too, money I can't cost it doesn't cost you hardly anything.
Speaker 4: Grem I will say, I am kind of surprised that you said you would offer some sort of I guess reward for the chores that they do, because I feel like you would just be the type of parent maybe to just say they need to do the chores regardless and like learn responsibility and valuable lessons.
Speaker 1: That's the parent I envy. That's the parent I want to be where I just say something and my kids do it. But hello, that's not the real world. Like my kids walk all over me, just like kids walk all all all over every parent. And then you have fallen into this viscious cycle of yeah, having to bribe them or threaten them with taking away something else to get them to do anything. I would love to have them do chores weekly where I didn't have to, where they just here's your list and you do it, because look, you know, running a household, there's a lot of stuff they I could use the help. I could use some child labor, you know, I could use you guys pitching in. And I feel like when I was a kid, I never got an allowance and we had to do chores, and I don't and I remember them starting very early. I feel like I was mowing the lawn and I was like six years old. I don't think I could barely push the mower, and I'm out there mowing the lawn. You know. Like I feel like I grew up that way doing stuff, and I would love for my kids to be that way. But these kids are different these days.
Speaker 4: But they're gonna get so used to getting a reward for the chores that at what age do you stop that reward and have them be okay with that?
Speaker 1: Thirty four?
Speaker 8: Oh, probably okay, four more years.
Speaker 1: Early thirties, early thirties.
Speaker 2: All kids care about is check.
Speaker 6: It, check it jo Oh my god.
Speaker 1: We still don't get it, but don't get it. It's a the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine JV Show.
Speaker 2: I'm Selenaham, I'm Jackon, I'm Cheaty.
Speaker 3: Cheaty is back for now, not fully back of the JV Show yet, but we're hoping that changes soon.
Speaker 2: A lot of talkbacks for you, Cheets. Good morning JV Show.
Speaker 12: It's Fancis from Santos and yes, welcome.
Speaker 1: Back, Cheaty.
Speaker 12: I wish my kids were in the car with me to hear you, because they were really sad when you first left.
Speaker 2: But welcome back, welcome back.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, Angie, Cheaty.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I love it, love hearing your voice.
Speaker 7: Girl, do your thing.
Speaker 6: So glad that you're back. Everybody, have a good day. Happy Wednesday, hum Day day.
Speaker 2: I have conservation you dark. Yeah, we get our Max on the hump days.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, yeah, Good morning JV Show. This is Rebecca from Conquered. I just wanted to say that I'm super excited to hear Cheetie's voice, and y'all need to try a little bit harder because we need to have her back on there. Have a great day.
Speaker 1: Hey, We're doing the best we can, all right, we're trying, but it is so awesome here having Cheaty back. I just feel so much happier, Cheaty. I feel like my day has been made. So drinks. Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: We're also just talking about chores. Do your kids get.
Speaker 10: Paid per or Good morning JV show. This is Laura from San Francisco. This message is for the kids. Should they have chores and get paid for? Should they have chores? Absolutely get paid for? Absolutely, they get paid with light, they get paid with foot and refrigerator, they get paid with milicen gas. We're dropping and picking them up from places. They get paid with the roof over their heads.
Speaker 2: All.
Speaker 3: However, that's not cutting it for kids in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: No, they know how to wheel and deal and negotiate and they've got get their prices and lazier, open up their own cash app and make you pay them for.
Speaker 6: Stuff venom Yeah, are you right?
Speaker 9: Got it's all the stuff you need to know, what's hot and music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today.
Speaker 3: Before we get to Britney Spears breaking up with her boyfriend again, can we talk about gypsy roses really quick?
Speaker 1: And this is going to be lots go.
Speaker 3: The last time, I know, we talked about Gypsy yesterday, Jess, because we talked about some things from her reality show on yesterday's show. Tell us that she like got deep into her sex life on this Monday's episode and she was showing off, like the handcuffs that she and her man have. She's like, Yeah, a lot of this stuff we haven't even used yet. Let's keep it that way, because she said that he's not as comfortable with a lot of the things. And you know that she wants to do her has in the bedroom. She said, I'm the most adventurous girlfriend that he's had.
Speaker 2: I'm the freak.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: I kind of talked about it a little more during Wild thoughts.
Speaker 1: How do we put the Gypsy Rose back in the tube? But we've let her out? How do we stop?
Speaker 6: She likes exploring some things, you guys.
Speaker 1: And the handcuffs. Isn't that too soon? She just got out of prison recently, you know what I mean? Trauma from that roleplay? Is that? And are these are real handcuffs that she there?
Speaker 2: Fuzzy ones?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 3: Britney spears speaking of celebrity celebrities that we can't put back in the tube. She broke up with her boyfriend again, so you know that she's been on and off with this guy, Paul Solice for some time. This is the guy who worked for her back when she was still married to Sam. He did some like housekeeping type stuff for her, but.
Speaker 2: They became very close.
Speaker 3: Now remember Brittany's even spent time with his kids at a trampoline park, which.
Speaker 2: Was a really weird sight to see.
Speaker 6: This is also the guy.
Speaker 3: That she got into a huge blow up fight with last year at the Chateau Marmont's memories. Their fight turned physical, cops were called. So I guess they're a little toxic. Well here's the latest, because they broke up last summer, but then they briefly rekindled things a couple months ago in February, and then she dumped him again around Valentine's Day, very bold and supposedly this is it, like he got all of his stuff out of her house and everything.
Speaker 1: Wow, I think so too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, prediction journal that Okay, yeah, getting back together.
Speaker 1: I see what you did there when you called their relationship toxic. Biggest hits, Well done, well done.
Speaker 2: All right, Graham, what do you have all right, a rare.
Speaker 1: Whale has been spotted a few times swimming in the bay over the past week or so. It's a minky whale. Oh little minky whale. They're very rare to the Bay area. This was just the fifth time one has been documented here in the past sixteen years. Well, unfortunately, this one wasn't really swimming very well. He just sort of kept beaching himself and getting stuck in the mud in places as the tide went out. One of the times, local firefighters even responded and used their hoses to spray the whale with water as the tide was going out and was kind of stuck in the mud and they were spraying them to keep the skin from drying out. The whales have skin, Is that what you call them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if we know what you mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, their skin. They didn't want the whale. They don't have scales. They're not a fish, you know, their mammal. So yeah, anyways, they were trying to keep this whale live. Well, unfortunately, we've got a bad update you guys, because once again this minky whale stranded himself near the Emeryville Marina and again the tide was going out. It was kind of stuck in the mud again there, And yesterday experts from the Marine Mammal Center responded to the scene to check on this whale because initially when they had spotted this whale around, he seemed like he was in okay health wise, and they couldn't figure out what he was, you know, what was causing the behavior. But it seemed like maybe in fact, its health was failing, and the whale had to be euthanized yesterday due to its condition. So then they're going to perform some tests to figure out what was causing this whales health to be failing. But yesterday, around five o'clock, take a moment and say your goodbyes. This whale was euthanized humanely. They say, let me just ask one question. How do you euthanize a whale humanly? That's a big animal.
Speaker 2: I can't think of a uh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean the only way that I can think of, you know where it's kind of quick and easy.
Speaker 2: This makes me really sad. I think they do like that was really necessary.
Speaker 1: Well, what was it going to do? It was stuck and the thing was going to die. The thing was probably going to die on its own.
Speaker 3: Okay, but isn't that how it's supposed to happen. It's nature, Like, what if any one of us got sick like you?
Speaker 6: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You're Selena. No, it makes put out of your misery. Well, I mean I think maybe this was the more humane path to do because it was suffering, it was stranded, it was struggling there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you don't want the suffering to go Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't want the suffering to go on? You monster, slen me, you're a monster. Yeah, but take a moment say goodbyes to the minkeey whale. Yeah the JV show on Wild ninety four nine JV show.
Speaker 3: I'm Selena, I know Jess, and my contact just came out of my eye.
Speaker 1: Oh well, this is so disgusting.
Speaker 3: We're cheaty you stick around for this?
Speaker 2: Cool or not?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: And way in please? Graha'm gonna kick it off.
Speaker 1: I do you guys? Cool or not? Her family? We might finally finally be getting a new car set.
Speaker 6: Oh thank god?
Speaker 3: Cool because you drive a car from the eighties.
Speaker 1: It's not from the eighties. Mine's from two thousand and one and my wife's is from two thousand and two. We've got matching four runners, old Toyota four runners, and look, they both have a few issues. I've been very open about my car's issues. You know, the check engine light's beIN on. Haven't been able to pass MOG. Got pulled over the other day, No big deal. I haven't been able to get my registration renewed because it can't PASSMOG. So my car is going to go into the shop today to determine what sorts of what it's going to take to get my car to pass MOG. Well, my wife brought her car into the same shop yester or two days ago because her brakes were starting a little screechy, and what you know, it was time to do the breaks. And when her car has also been leaking oil a bit, she has not was never allowed to park on our new driveway at the new house because the car leaks too much oil. And so look, her car came back in it quite a few things, and unfortunately the oil leak is in a difficult spot, and you know, it's like one of these big jobs, and you know she needs all new breaks and blah blah blah, and the price tag on all this stuff. When you add it all up, I don't know what that car is worth. A two thousand and two four Runner. People still want them, and when I look online, they still sell for a decent amount. But at this point, am I you know, we're looking at each other going, are we just throwing money? Is this bad money spent right here? Because what's to say? The car is not going to break down again, even though these things run, you know, forever, obviously, But my wife said the one thing she said, it's time. She said, I'm embarrassed of this car.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Wow, she's loved her car. She's had it again since she's had it since two thousand and two, and we're in twenty twenty five, so she's had it for twenty three years. But now that the paint has kind of oxidized and it's not looking as good as it was, and she's just very successful. She's a very successful career in business. And when she pulls up to the office or has to give coworkers a ride, she says, she is now embarrassed.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I was in the camp of let's fix this thing. But when she said that, I can't really argue with that. So I don't know now we are going to play.
Speaker 3: Your feelings a little bit, because it also means that she's embarrassed by your car because you guys have the same car.
Speaker 1: I know it does, it does a little bit. And look, I grew up always my parents always had the oldest, most run We were not car people. Always had the oldest, most rundown car. And when I learned to drive, it was on the oldest most rundown cars you'd ever seen. And I feel like that's part of who I am, and I kind of like there's something about that that I appreciate for my kids, you know, like just the excitement is the car going to start this morning? Is it not? Or we're gonna have to push it out of the driveway, are we not? You know, like that was a daily adventure in my household growing up, and I kind of wanted.
Speaker 2: I don't know, pass that down.
Speaker 1: There's a piece of me that wanted to pass down that experience.
Speaker 6: What are your.
Speaker 3: Kids because they don't they don't even know like a new.
Speaker 1: Car, you know, they and they've written in you know, like my in lost cars. You know, they have newer cars, they've ridden in nicer cars, and then they get back into our you know cars that they they themselves have destroyed on the inside. You know, they're a mess on the inside. Because those kids, I don't think they fully grasp, yeah, what the future technology is that's in the new cars, because our cars are so old, and they get very frustrated when they're in my car in particular, and they asked me to put on a particular song that they'd like to hear. I like, you can. It doesn't work like that, Bro, I have a radio. There's a radio in here, So you gotta wait. You just gotta wait. They might play that song that you want to hear. It's raining tacos.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to request say goodbye to these cars eventually.
Speaker 1: See, I'm just not there yet. I'm not ready to you guys. I'm not ready to take a moment say sayah goodbyes. I would have just said, let's fix this car and get another year or two out of it and keep rolling. But I can't argue with my wife's sense of embarrassment. And so now what the game that we have to play is car is going to be cheaper to fix, and then that's the car that I will continue to drive. So we're going to see what happens with my car today, and then we'll have to It's gonna be a bit of a coin toss.
Speaker 2: Have you guys in a new car though? Very cool? Yeah, no, it's not cool because you have a car going cool.
Speaker 1: So I haven't had a car payment and in a long time that I don't want to have a car payment and new higher insurance and new higher registration and stuff. I don't need my life getting more expensive. And did you have you seen the trade war that's going on. Yeah, every trade war, everything's more expensive. I don't need my life getting more expensive. I wanted my life to get cheaper.
Speaker 2: I still think it's cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, cool, not cool.
Speaker 1: I'm not ready to say goodbye.
Speaker 6: Do we have time for another? Cooler? Okay? Cooler? Not H and M is going to create digital twins of their models to use for marketing ads.
Speaker 1: Not cool.
Speaker 2: I'm leaning more not cool than this cool. So less money for the models than right, They're just selling their likeness.
Speaker 4: So apparently the models will give their permits for this. They're going to start off with is social media posts, but I think eventually this is going to lead to the models not even having a.
Speaker 6: Job because they'll just have these AI.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna need models anymore because you can just generate any person you want.
Speaker 1: Well, this is exactly what all the actors in Hollywood have been fighting against and fighting you know, production companies about, because they want to be able to use their likeness and use them an AI, you know, extras and stuff. Why do I need real extras when I can have AI put extras back there? This the writing's on the wall. The same thing for models. Why do I need to pay a human model to come in and a photographer to shoot them wearing this new dress or whatever when I can just have AI do it and it doesn't cost me anything.
Speaker 4: Right, So initially it sounds kind of like a good idea for the models, right because they're still getting compensated while at home. And then this does bring up the question of what about the makeup artist Graham, like you said, the photographers, all of the the other people that are usually on set getting the models ready.
Speaker 14: Job.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so yeah, I'm going out cool on this as well.
Speaker 1: This is scary I did I had. That's like a thing that I had not even thought about. The bodiling industry and AI coming for those jobs, because yeah, you think about all the tertiary jobs that are associated with that, the makeup, the lighting, the photographer that they there's a lot of stuff that goes into a lot of these photo shoots. And yeah, and you don't need them. You won't need them anymore. That's scary.
Speaker 2: That is really scary.
Speaker 6: I don't like this.
Speaker 2: Not cool.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four to nine