Speaker 1: Let's do it. Let's do it. Good morning, This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, pee.
Speaker 2: Rode Ryan.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, sir, wakey, wakey, hands off those cupcagis. Throwback Thursday. We got your vote on some songs a bunch of bands that are going to be coming to town very soon, so that will be available to you on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the bus dot com. All right, Autumn goes for win number three, freshot.
Speaker 3: A bad head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: She'll say, Chili's offering up some STP tickets. Nice Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 1: Gotta win your way into the Carbock Brewery on October twelve. I've got tickets for you in homeroom. That'll be on the fun Fact Flashback second Game of the Day, Read my Lips. Tessa takes on the Chile at seven twenty this morning. This means I gonna beat you guys up. I need your word suggestions. Hit me up home room, I need you email me Rod at the Buzz dot com and I'll use those words. At seven twenty they're gonna try to win you some Kings of Leon tickets. They're playing in O g'z one sleep from now. They're playing Tomorrow night Suburb Summer Sizzler. Alvin takes on Deer Park. Try to squeeze in some Jan's Addiction tickets in at eight o'clock hour three eleven eight Wall Nation tickets. I know the show. Another Heat advisory day four every day this week so far, Heat advisory twenty percent chance rain, mostly cloudy, Hive ninety seven, Tessa, Good.
Speaker 4: Morning, op in the morning and out morning.
Speaker 1: There is a couple of school districts starting today. Yeah, really on a Thursday.
Speaker 4: Oh, Montgomery Conning, Yeah, Dickinson, Montgomery Spring Branch.
Speaker 5: Yes, prep public schools, so we don't want to leave them out.
Speaker 1: Okay, we know the.
Speaker 4: Week's basically over. That's kind of cool. Your first week back and you only got two days of school, so get in there, get yourself So because this back to school thing, it's a train that has started and it's not coming off the tracks.
Speaker 1: It's not stopping.
Speaker 4: So happy first day of school to everyone that is getting back to class, students, faculty, everyone. I also want to talk about the Houston Police Department and the Fire Department because they both have new chiefs. Yesterday, the City Council confirmed no Ideas as the chief of police and Thomas Munyas as a fire chief. John Whitmyer, the mayor, appointed Munyos to replace Samuel Penya, and then Diaz is the replacement of Troy Finners. So Munyos, if we didn't know, was a deputy director of the city's Office of Emergency Management, and Diaz is the former chief of Katie Police Department. So there's a little background for you there. Hey, parenting is not easy, especially in the age of internet and social media. But is the key to doing it right? A dad joke? You know, there's a new city that suggests, yes, the key to good parenting is humor, dad jokes, being playful, being silly, laughing at stressful situations, especially when it gets crazy.
Speaker 1: Right, so he's gonna freak out.
Speaker 4: But seventy two percent of parents believe humor can be an effective parenting tool, and most parents say they use or plan to use humor in parenting their own children.
Speaker 1: If you don't laugh, you'll cry, Remember remember.
Speaker 5: That saying we have Okay.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about Poulttergeist. This is a movie from nineteen eighty two. It's a horror classic, and the house that a lot of this movie is filmed in is for sale, and for the first time in forty five years, the owners are assuring potential buyers. No, there's no evil spirits.
Speaker 1: There is a clown. What about the clown under the bed? Has that coming with?
Speaker 4: No, this house is clean, is what the listing says.
Speaker 1: That was the scariest thing I ever saw. Well, one of the scariest things I ever saw.
Speaker 6: Scary.
Speaker 3: I remember that damn clown under the boy's.
Speaker 4: Bed pulling him under right, Yes, and the arms rapping around, Yeah, lots of arms. It's listed for one point one seven million dollars. It's located in Semi Valley. It was built in nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 5: We have this listing on our blog page if you want to go check it out.
Speaker 1: No thanks.
Speaker 4: Have you ever been visited by a loved one that's passed before you in the form of an animal?
Speaker 1: Every cardinal, I think is supposed to be some dead person cardinals.
Speaker 4: I've heard people say butterflies. You know, sometimes when you're having a moment with some wildlife, people are like, this is you know, my great grandma visiting me or something. But Dave Groll of Food Fighters told everyone at the show that this is a true story. They were standing on the balcony overlooking the San Fernando Valley and this hawk flew by. Dave says, he's watching it as he fly. As it flies, come on, Dad, and he swears that effing thing turned.
Speaker 5: To him and laugh.
Speaker 4: He says the hawk like, let him know. That's a universe winking at you. He swears, to God, I believe him. The band then dedicated their performance of Aurora to Taylor because that was his favorite Foo Fighters song.
Speaker 5: No No, No, No Cuckoo.
Speaker 7: They talk to a girl like that was Taylor really talking?
Speaker 1: Was Taylor getting back at us?
Speaker 7: All maybe those are just teedle night to think that he talks to us through the Hawks.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go kick the two times rolling with the Astros one again.
Speaker 8: Last night they got by the Rays two to one, an extra I think thanks to Maurice Dubon walk off single in the tenth. They have now won eight in a row and are on the longest winning streak of the season. They're two and a half games ahead of the Marriage Your first place in the Al West. They're gonna have a day off today before they open up a weekend series with the White Sox tomorrow night.
Speaker 7: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: All right, Here we go, Here we go, four hours of pain. First phone call, let's go, who wants it? Come get it, chilly? Open up every line. I don't know if you're just opening up one or two. Open up every line if you want to get through for the first phone call. Seven one three two, win two five, nine, four five. The most interactive show on the radio, it's this one. Okay, ninety four or five the bus Good Morning.
Speaker 7: Rod Ryan Show, and we are off and running.
Speaker 1: See there's always a great way to get things rolling. Welcome to Throwback Thursday. Everybody fix the Graham Thursday. It's a three game. We're just nuts on the games here today, Autumn going for win number three, fresh out.
Speaker 3: Of bed, head to head.
Speaker 1: We'll play at six twenty seven twenty Read my lips guys. Great job already, I saw I went through. I got a bunch of words already to go, always replacing and moving the best words to the top.
Speaker 3: But already many of.
Speaker 1: You have gotten through to me and giving me your word suggestions for read my Lips. Thank you very much. Test. It takes on the Chile at seven twenty today, Game number two, Game number three the suburb Summer Cizla, Alvin and deer Park. We are now in the Sweet sixteen winner between Brett and Angelica. That person goes to The Great eight. Okay three eleven A Wall Nation tickets onto the show. Another heat. Advised to read more kids back in school, more school buses, more everything, guys, but the heat today? True temperatures highs up around ninety seven mostly Claude would a twenty percent chance of rain.
Speaker 9: It's no time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: I love you, mister rud Good morning. You thought he was gonna get the five dollar.
Speaker 7: Like I fooled you all.
Speaker 3: Emilio got the first phone call today.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Emilio, Good morning.
Speaker 10: How are you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm doing great?
Speaker 3: How are you today?
Speaker 2: Oh, can't complain. It's Friday Eve, guys.
Speaker 1: It is Friday Eve. I like that attitude as well. What you got going on this morning? What are you doing up so early? Oh?
Speaker 2: I'm up every day.
Speaker 11: I get to work at four o'clock in the morning every day Monday to Friday.
Speaker 1: What do you do, Amelio?
Speaker 2: I'm a truck driver.
Speaker 1: So you stay here locally or are you out of state? What are you hauling all that stuff? I work local.
Speaker 11: I worked for a concrete company picking up the sand and rock that they use to mix concrete. So I get up in the morning and have to go out and get the get the nodes for the day.
Speaker 1: Is it loaded into the truck for you? Can you just stay in your truck and these things are being put in there? Or you have to actually do it?
Speaker 11: Yeah? What I do is I'll go out to the sand pit, like for instance, today, I'm here at the sandpit. Now show up and then loader will load up the box for me and everything, and I'll get on the scale, get my ticket and head on back to the plant, dump it and come back and do it again.
Speaker 1: So you don't have to leave the truck.
Speaker 2: No, never get off, and I mean I do get off because I got to walk around a lot, you know.
Speaker 3: So, Yeah, of course, sitting.
Speaker 2: In a truck all day, that's too much.
Speaker 1: Right now, how are you listening to us? Is there a radio right there in the truck? You have the phone? How are you listening? I have a radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I listened to the radio old.
Speaker 1: School like right there in the dash right, Yeah, sir, that's my favorite. That's my favorite. I mean, I love the app and all this stuff and I love all of that, but just listening my favorite. I mean, listen. I'm very we're all very fortunate to have you guys on board with us. My favorite way, my favorite way to see you guys listening to the show.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows it's the shop radio. It's the shops.
Speaker 1: It's the old boombox that's got a bunch of tinfoil on it. Still, I don't know. My mom had one. Everybody had one in my family, but my mom had one, and she had like sh had pennies taped to it, she said. She claims she got better reception that way. But then it's the old school radio in the cars man, just like Amelia is doing in this truck today. How long you've been riding or driving trucks?
Speaker 2: Going on seven years now?
Speaker 1: Is it a big like eighteen wheeler?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yes, yeah, it's a nicety wheeler.
Speaker 1: End up, Is the horn like that? Like that that rope thing that you got to pull down with your left hand? Do you have?
Speaker 3: Is that how your horn is on your truck?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you in the truck.
Speaker 2: Now I am.
Speaker 1: You know where I'm going with this? Oh yeah, you ready get I would love it? Wheah, All right, Emelio, thanks for getting the started today.
Speaker 2: No problem, you guys have a great one.
Speaker 1: You guys are absolutely some of our all time best listeners. Nobody's listening for longer than people that are in the trucks. Man, they're in the trucks listening to us each and every day. I love it.
Speaker 8: All out you, mister Rod.
Speaker 1: Good morning. I just feel like I can't start my day without Robbie Knight.
Speaker 4: It's like coffee.
Speaker 1: I think he's I see him swimming around in the waters. He's out there, don't He's out there, Robbie.
Speaker 7: Even what he's not.
Speaker 1: On, we're talking about him. All right.
Speaker 3: Let me take a short break.
Speaker 1: When we come back at a rec check for you, we'll find out what's trending autumn. You're asked better be up and ready to go and ready to rock it. Okay, we're looking for you to go for Windom three today, and I know there's a lot of people that want to get on and play that game.
Speaker 7: Rock and all tearing.
Speaker 12: Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Shump throwback Thursday.
Speaker 3: You guys are.
Speaker 1: Doing an amazing job and amazing job on getting me your word suggestions. We're gonna play Read my Lips next hour, so I need you and your words coming in. Twenty percent chance of ray partly cloudy or mostly cloudy today.
Speaker 3: Heat advisory highs of around ninety seven could feel like one hundred and ten out there.
Speaker 1: Joe says. The first phone call this morning with Emilio, you asked them to pull his horn. Ask next time you get a trucker on, do they like it when they see a kid in a vehicle make the universal sign to honk their horn? I mean, that's where that whole thing comes from, asking Emilio to do that, And I can I can answer that already. I don't know one truck driver that doesn't like it.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, I can answer that for you. They absolutely, they love it. Amazing to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I've asked that of truck drivers before, but he said, do they like it when they see a kid in a vehicle make the universal sign to honk horn? I know on road trips as a kid, we used to do it all the time. Is this still a thing? Yeah? I mean I'll ask truckers, but I've asked them in the past, And who wouldn't like that? Like a little kid losing their mind and all you got to do is shoot your horn. Yeah, you're like a rock star. The sense of accomplishment when you're a kid in the backseat. Yeah, and you were able, your actions? Were you what you did an adult responded to you harnessed the power? Oh, somebody that you don't even know the sense of accomplishment. It's got to be like the adult version of starting the wave again.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 3: That's a thing of mine. I want to start the wave. What's training or training? What's trending?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: Our Instagram Thursday link is doing the best for us so far.
Speaker 4: I haven't gotten over there, but I see that everyone's clicking on it. Famous Amos is trending on Google because the founder of Famous Amos cookies passed away. He was eighty eight years old and he had launched this cookie empire in Hollywood in nineteen seventy five. So they say he died Tuesday and he was going through like dimension and stuff like that. But everyone kind of knows famous amos those little cookies. Is it good?
Speaker 1: I didn't know it was like a person. Apparently when apparently when he got started, Marvin Gay and a few other actors like Helen Ready, they gave him money. I don't know that they thought that the cookies were that good, and they kind of invested in him early Marvin day, it's huge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And then I thought this was this is more of a local trending. I didn't know that albino raccoons exists, existed, and one turned up in college station, and so there was an albino raccoon sighting and it was seen like dumpster diving behind a local car dealership. They're like, this is really you know, this is really odd. They're one in twenty thousand, and the odds of seeing one in the wild are maybe one in seventy five, seven hundred and fifty thousand, So really cute.
Speaker 5: And I will tweet a picture out of the albino raccoon.
Speaker 4: That's what's trending on an equal.
Speaker 1: Fractus ten people in three two one. There comes to emails Rott, you should use albino raccoon for read my lips.
Speaker 7: Nice.
Speaker 3: I promise it's coming in. Where's our gal?
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody, this is autumn. You're first out of bed, head ahead two day Champions. Sorry to all of.
Speaker 4: Those helping are one players.
Speaker 1: Join me on Thursday.
Speaker 5: When I make it one number three.
Speaker 1: Bike, She's cool. She's cool seven one three, two, one two five nine four five. If you think you can take her on. Chili, I got a short one. It's a blur song too. It's like two minutes long. Let's do it twenty years.
Speaker 14: Of Mayhem in the morning with The Rod Ryan Show only ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: The buzz Wing Go ninety four five, the buys, Good Morning, brod Ryan Show Blur and song two. All right, I hate warn Chili just because I'm like, that's a two minute song. It's like the shortest one we play unless we get lump from presidents of the United States of America that might clock in at like one fifty eight twenty percent chance of rain mostly cloudy today hides up around ninety seven with another heat advisory, the trucker horn. Parents love it because they see their kids doing it, they see their kids getting happy about it, and it's the one.
Speaker 3: Thing that they did when they were children.
Speaker 4: Right, It's relatable.
Speaker 1: Still, Rachel is saying that She's like, you know what, my kid's almost thirteen. He will stop whatever he's doing when he sees a trucker and he'll do the trucker horn thing. He gets so excited when they haunt their horns. And I love it because that's what I used to do as a kid on road trips. So the trucker horn is the best thing ever. That's why I get so excited about it. Still, we've been doing that bit for years with truckers. Man, you're like, man, I'm doing the horn thing. Dude, I know you can't see me, but I'm doing the horn thing. And then the truckers will, you know, they'll do the horn and like a thirteen year old, I lose my mind.
Speaker 12: And now each.
Speaker 1: Time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge, listeners to your corners, all right, bring me, bring me the champion. No, I love you, mister rug.
Speaker 3: That's not the champions.
Speaker 7: Way.
Speaker 1: Get Robbie out of here.
Speaker 3: I love Robbie, but what is this the Robbie Show?
Speaker 1: Autumn? Good morning, good morning?
Speaker 3: Say how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm great?
Speaker 1: How are you awesome? Started the show off with the truck horn put me in a good mood. You're going for wind number three today?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 2: I am all right?
Speaker 3: Good luck to you.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You can't really practice at this game. Just this as random as it come. Just sit around yelling your name into a mirror. Maybe I don't know you're taking on Eric fresh Fish Alex so. I know it's not e Rock Male Nurse. It's just another Eric out there. Eric, you've never played this game. No good to have you on.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 1: Let's see here.
Speaker 3: Well, if you've never played before, we should do this.
Speaker 1: It smells like fishing here. That's not a good thing. Eric, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. You need two correct answers.
Speaker 3: To win this.
Speaker 4: I've pair of tic gets to see scp so on top of pilots with live and.
Speaker 3: Soul Asyluce, Oh, I can't wait for this show.
Speaker 1: Eric. You're just going to shout out your name when you know the answer, okay, and then give me the correct answer. Autumn knows how to do this. Been successful two days in a row. Here we go. These are the questions.
Speaker 3: What sport did Babe Ruth play?
Speaker 12: Eric?
Speaker 1: Autumn?
Speaker 8: Eric ball?
Speaker 1: That would be baseball? Okay, that was slow for both of you. But Eric's the new first time player and he got in.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the game. Eric, all right, let's go Autumn.
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 1: What movie did Linda Blair play a possessed child?
Speaker 2: Autumn?
Speaker 1: Autumn the exist It was The Exorcist Again, that's a really old movie. Well, they've done reboots of it, right and stop.
Speaker 4: It's like the scary movie to me, It's like, that's the one you put all up others up against. I'm a scare scale.
Speaker 3: She's barfing up that peace soup too, scary. Who's eating their breakfast?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Just pea soup, barf everywhere? All Right, Autumn's got one. Eric's got one? Eric, Uh, just a little louder. Okay, I got you pegged on the board. Here, step into it, lean into it. Here we go, fresh fish. Show everybody what you got for the win? What soft sponge like toy football was invented by Parker Brothers Autumn the nurse Football? Oh you knew it, You knew it. Eric. You came out guns and blaze it on that first question. Yes you did, and then.
Speaker 3: That's it that blaze went away.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Did you have fun?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, great? You liked it. It was good. Okay, So think about how much fun it'll be when you try again in thirty days and you win. Okay, oh eat up. You won't be able to control yourself. It'll be so much fun. Eric, thanks for playing. Thank you again.
Speaker 3: Let's celebrate autumn.
Speaker 1: Autumn yay, okay, awesome autumn.
Speaker 12: We're not.
Speaker 1: You were not affected by him jumping out early? Awesome comeback. You need all those little scenarios on your you know, on your road to start them and hopefully on your road to the Hall of Fame. That's three wins for you tomorrow. You're two wins away from the hof. You want to play tomorrow morning? Stepinary Okay, I was hoping you.
Speaker 15: Say yeah, welcome back to school kids.
Speaker 1: Please report coties to the school nurse accusing anyone falsely of having Cooties' grounds part repeated Nookies. Rod Bryan on ninety four to five. All right, there we go, ninety four five, The buzz Stained, lowisted Me Rod Ryan Show Throwback Thursday. Have you voted yet?
Speaker 3: Did you see the little theme?
Speaker 1: We got a little cutc with you, we got Jane's addiction in there, We've got love and Rockets. I'm gonna be giving away tickets to that show in the eight o'clock hour, and then three eleven's coming to town with a Wall Nation and Neon Trees. I'll give away tickets. I know the show, but we slapped the three eleven song in there, so it's kind of some bands that are going to be in town next week, and so there's a little bit of a theme going on here. Any excuse for me to get Jane's addiction in there, I'll use it. Twenty percent chance of rate mostly cloudy hypen ninety seven that calls for a heat advisory today, and bring me the champ fresh out of bed head to head Challenge. Here's your current champion. Good morning everybody. This is autumn and I'm hanging out. I am your fresh out of bed head to head three day champions. Is it time to say girls rule and boys rule? What he certainly did on that nurse football question?
Speaker 4: Join me on free beer Friday.
Speaker 1: When I make it win number four, bitches.
Speaker 3: So there's the confidence.
Speaker 1: You know it's built. The first game, You're like, okay, I might have gotten lucky. Okay, I won two. I'm not a one slam clam three victories. Okay, I know what I'm doing here. I know what I'm doing. Okay, i mean line them up, watch them fall.
Speaker 3: That's what she's doing right there on that speech.
Speaker 1: Why should be a good game tomorrow. It's only the first of three games today. Keep sending me your word suggestions. Read my lips is coming up at seven twenty for Kings of Leon tickets, Suburbs Summer Sizzler. Today we're in the Sweet sixteen Winter Advances to the Grade eight. Brett from Alvin takes on Angelica from Deer Park.
Speaker 3: That should be a great matchup. And that's after that.
Speaker 1: I'm going to try to squeeze in Moost Jane Addiction tickets.
Speaker 15: It's the fuck back to the day. We make you look smart in Funny your Buddies.
Speaker 7: It's the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 1: I was always a fan.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: There was always a big trade going on after a trick or treating right like whatever you didn't like. You know, it was lucky enough to have some siblings. And I actually talked to my brother back then, there was a big trade going on. Nobody wanted three Musketeers. I thought it was good. I liked it.
Speaker 4: My dad likes those, and I thought not.
Speaker 1: I thought Three Musketeers was pretty dope back then chocolate nougat, and I could give away a couple of dumb dumbs, And I mean I could give away some jump people did not in my family, they didn't want it.
Speaker 3: Nobody wanted it.
Speaker 1: But I could get away with some Smarties and a couple of other things, and I could walk away with a.
Speaker 3: Three Musketeers bar.
Speaker 1: When Three Musketeers bars they were released in nineteen thirty two, they were three small candy bars in a package. That's not how they are now. One was chocolate, one was strawberry, and one was vanilla. Isn't that neapolitan?
Speaker 3: Yeahs at the ice cream.
Speaker 1: So that's how it got the name, which kind of stuck even when it became just one candy bar in nineteen forty five. Okay, now you know that Donkey Kong was a originally going to be a Popeye the Sailor game is the licensing fell through. They just couldn't put a deal together that was supposed to be Popeye running around in that game, So the original characters were.
Speaker 3: Designed to take the place of the Popeye character.
Speaker 1: Hard to see Donkey Kong and either way, finally, today you're fun facts the michelin Man. If I say that, do you know that big white tired fat guy, Like that big fat guy made out of whitey fat, He's made out of white tired.
Speaker 4: Rings.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that's why we call it a spare tire because of him.
Speaker 1: Probably he was a.
Speaker 7: Little rotund that rates all the restaurants.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 7: He's a secret shopper when he's.
Speaker 1: Not spitting out the food after he choose it, that's for sure. The michelin Man originally was drawn with a glass of champagne in his hand, and he was called the road drunkard. That's neat.
Speaker 7: I can't do that.
Speaker 1: I think driving used to be funny to make that thing.
Speaker 4: It's like, hey, I just got a new car. You want to grab some beers and like, yeah, I think it drive it around?
Speaker 15: What it's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart in your buddies, it's the fuck that.
Speaker 12: To the day.
Speaker 1: Alright, what are you offering up?
Speaker 4: Well, you must love homeroom because the passes to the twentieth Anniversary rod Ryan Show Party are right here for the back fat someone can win these because you can't buy them.
Speaker 1: No, you can't.
Speaker 4: It's your fun fact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not getting back fat out of that. It's the fun fat flashback. Yeah, yesterday we talked about everything being bigger in Texas.
Speaker 3: I know you guys love that.
Speaker 1: The world record for the tallest blank was set in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 3: We had a sound bite and everything for it. Not gonna give you the size.
Speaker 1: That's too easy. I think it's I think it's a layup to get into the twentieth anniversary party. I'm gonna leave the question at that. Okay, world's tallest? What here in Texas? Seven one three two wine two five nine four five. It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. Big Baldy's on the phone. Hey, how brother Rod, good morning something stup? Good morning to you.
Speaker 3: How did you do on Wall Street yesterday?
Speaker 6: A good day on Wall Street? Okay, that was up two hundred and forty two points. Kick off this morning at forty thousand and eight Nasdack up five points to seventeen thousand and one ninety two Bench Martin. Your treasury is turning at a three point eight four percent in oil census seventy seven dollars fifty one cents a barrel to the most active is the Big Studs, AMX, Home Depot and Travelers, the Big Deads, Intel, Murk and Caterpillar. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on retail sales. Also in for a price index for July. Right now, futures looking pretty good and on the upside. Hang on to this via pause opening right now You're on Wall Street sends it manage this is helland MANYASU director with the Rams, James pretty for the Rod Ryan Show from Raymony, James hung same flee ben I got said getz always for rockout with your stockout.
Speaker 9: Fanian's expressed are those of halland and not necessarily those of Raymon, James and Associates. Thank come Ember NYC, AS, IBC, I ART Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 12: We'll continue.
Speaker 9: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end because program is are educational and informational services on the stones, duds are based on movement as reported by Young.
Speaker 12: And I.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five and the buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan Show. Sure, good morning, who we got on the phone here. How are you doing? This is Mark, Mark. I'm doing good.
Speaker 3: I hope you're doing good.
Speaker 1: This is a big it's the biggest ticket on the show today, and we're shooting our road right here in homeroom So, Tessa, it's for the twentieth.
Speaker 3: Year anniversary party, right, it's important.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. Mark. Everything's bigger in Texas, including the world record for the tallest Rogers Donkey, my man's ass. Get rid of the party, dude, you're in that ass. Awesome, man, it's been dreadful.
Speaker 9: This is gonna be awesome.
Speaker 1: The hottest ticket in town is the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party October twelfth, Carbock Brewery. My man, Mark is in.
Speaker 13: Awesome.
Speaker 15: I love it.
Speaker 1: Are you cool to party with? I guess you'll have to find out. I am going to find out. I am gonna find out.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna seek you out? Two thousand people. I'm like, where's that Markuy? That won I want him because he said he was gonna show me how awesome he is. The party with be there.
Speaker 6: I'm looking forward through it.
Speaker 1: I am too.
Speaker 3: I can't wait for that day.
Speaker 1: All right, Mark Hagen the phone man, thanks for being in the homeroom. Well, like I said, that was the biggest ticket today on the show. But there's other great tickets. There's games, there's everything more. Everything is coming up, including right now, system of It Down and toxicity on the Buzz take you know those words, you're nuts. I don't know the words.
Speaker 4: Are you saying?
Speaker 1: What's Rod singing? Nothing? Forty five the Buzz Good morning, Rob Ryan's Show.
Speaker 7: To missus Sizzler And that's just what you do for every song.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Like the new twist on the Sizzler. Maybe we'll use it for the last game. I'll just go I'll just bump ba ba the song like chime in when you think you know the song bubba b b by.
Speaker 7: We might have to go through a few songs.
Speaker 1: All right, Good morning guys. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. It's throwback Thursday. We should probably do like get into song clips before that gets out of the end. Yeah, let's do that. Let's do it after seven song clips and then I need you to continue to send me words suggestions. Okay, guys, I got a bunch of them, homeroom, you're kicking ass on that, Thank you so much. Twenty percent chance of rain mostly cloudy. Heat advisory four days in a row now true temperatures hive around ninety seven. There we go up in the morning and outisod.
Speaker 4: Okay, I know it's Thursday, but this is the first day of school for kids out in Dickinson ISD Montgomery d Spring Branch. Yes, prep public schools, they are going back to school.
Speaker 1: We kind of touch on this yesterday.
Speaker 4: It can be intimidating, it can be exciting. I mean it's all these emotions baulded up into one. I mean what grade I really felt like junior year. I was like, okay, I've got the hang of this now, like no one can tell me anything now.
Speaker 5: Junior year was where I finally had it figured out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a beating everybody. Yeah this is my school now. No, don't beat up your friends.
Speaker 4: Have a good day everyone. That includes staff, faculty, all the educators, bus drivers, everyone, get back there, get back to school and get back safely. And guys, be aware of those schools and kids just walking in the neighborhoods now because they're out and about Democratic candidate in Minnesota from Minnesota, Democratic candidate and Minnesota Governor Tim Waltz posted to the X yesterday to accept the invitation from CBS News to debate Republican candidate Senator JD. Vance.
Speaker 1: When is it happening?
Speaker 4: They say October first, and Vance hadn't responded to reporters questions about if you would agree to the debate until he was interviewed on Fox News Laura Ingraham.
Speaker 5: Laura Ingram said, you know, are you going to accept?
Speaker 4: And Vance replied with a sort of confirmation, saying he strongly suspects he's going to be there October first, So we're going to have a vice presidential debate on October first.
Speaker 8: One of my favorite things they do, though, is when like they're like, I would love to debate that guy. I would love to challenge him to a debate, and then like he doesn't say something in five minutes like I.
Speaker 7: Heard so, and so it's too scared to debate.
Speaker 2: The The vice.
Speaker 1: Presidential debate is nonsense, it really is. I don't care, what do you care what side of the aisle you're on. It's a nonsense thing. Yeah, Okay, I still want to watch it. This one, I don't.
Speaker 7: I want Kadog and Donnie put them on the stage let him go.
Speaker 5: I want that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want all of those things. Yeah, the Kamala Trump one will be definitely must watch TV. I won't mind it all if I missed the vice presidential debate.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk about food, because on the food blog page, Taco Bell is headlining. They are Taco Bell tweaks its menu all the time. They discontinue certain items, they bring them back occasionally. But they've decided to re release some classic menu items from decades past. So they're going to bring back like a favorite item from the sixties, from the seventies, from the eighties, and it will all be available on the menu so limited time. But nineteen sixties item is a Casada seventies item, the green Burrito eighties, the Mexi Melt nineties, be forty to Supreme two thousands, caramel apple, and banada. And you can go see all the prices and everything on the food blog page.
Speaker 1: That's kind of cool. I don't think Taco Bell was a part of my life in the eighties. Really, No, I don't think so. I think it was a nineties thing.
Speaker 3: Oh sure for me in my area.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, I don't know. I was born in eighty five, but yeah, definitely nineties.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 3: It was a nineties thing for me. I probably was bigger down here.
Speaker 4: So in a recent interview, Elle King really laid it on Rob Schneider for not being a great father, and to his credit, Rob is totally owning it. He was on Tarka Carlson and he says, I just want to tell my daughter, Elle, I love you. I wish I was the father in my twenties that you needed, and clearly I wasn't. I hope you can forgive me for my shortcomings. I love you completely. I love you entirely. He added that he didn't take anything she said about him personally.
Speaker 1: Guess which podcast this was on, do you know? Oh Bunny XO. That's right, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: She want all these stories that are coming out like MGK sober Stance. This Bunny's getting these interviews and El King I didn't know this, but like Rob really wasn't in her life that much like I thought. She grew up in this huge life of privilege with Rob Schneider. Her mom was a model, but that was a her dad.
Speaker 3: The last time Rob Schneider was on this show, this song might have just been.
Speaker 7: Hit right after.
Speaker 1: It was right after, and I remember asking him like, oh my god, that's your daughter. Yeah, you know, it's not Elle Schneider. And she doesn't seem to be saying, hey, I'm Rob Schneider's daughter. It was noticeable that she was out there trying to do it on her own, and I remember just kind of alluding to that, not knowing that there was a problem. I said, is she interested in carving out her own career and not being in your shadow?
Speaker 3: I remember that being a discussion with him.
Speaker 1: He didn't say that they didn't get along or anything like that, but she tore him up in that in that podcast, and he basically said, yeah, I wasn't really a great dad.
Speaker 5: I don't think she tore him up.
Speaker 4: She said, her relationship with him ebbs and flows, ebbs and flows. Sometimes they're on, sometimes they're off, but yeah she has she just had like the best memories with him growing up.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I.
Speaker 4: Think it's big on both of them. I think they're both just being honest.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Hardy.
Speaker 4: Let's actually let's talk about Scott Staff and Creed because they were on stage during a recent show in Nashville and Hardy was a surprise appearance. When Scott announced him, he said that they had met when they slipped into each other's DMS. So Hardy big.
Speaker 5: You know lots of Hardy fans on this show.
Speaker 3: Yeah there, Well listen for sure.
Speaker 4: Well, Creed's given him some some Creed cred. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Did machine gun Kelly change the game for the opening pitch?
Speaker 7: I just like that here in sports?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you think is this something that will be a new trend.
Speaker 8: It's all the sports blog page today. I don't think it's gonna be a new trend. I think it'll get really annoying. If it is a new trend. It's funny one time. If everybody tries to do it, I'm gonna hate it.
Speaker 3: I think they'll tell you that you're not allowed to do it. Opening pitch with the celebrity pitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta throw it across the plate, right, Okay, what did he do?
Speaker 3: He didn't even try. He just flung it out into the stand.
Speaker 8: You remember I tried to get the Space Cowboys when they were the skeeters to do this. I was like, let me throw a damn first pitch out. We're gonna go viral so fast. I was gonna throw it just like that, Just throw it high up as I can over the that's still your MGK goes and does it come on, Space Cowboys? Let me freaking throw out a first pitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right. So that's on the sports blog page and the music good stuff on the sports blog page. Did okay?
Speaker 3: Well real sports. Yeah, Astros are on a hell of a run.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Astros got another win, beating the Rays and extra innings two to one last night thanks to Maurice to Dubon's walk off single in the tenth.
Speaker 7: They've won eight in a row and are on their longest winning streak of the season.
Speaker 8: They're also two and a half games ahead of the Mariners for first place in the Al West. They're gonna have a day off today before opening up a weekend series with the White Sox tomorrow. And also on the sports blog page today, there's a Mexican baseball league that's attempting to grow the game by I mean, it's a pretty smart idea.
Speaker 1: If you ask me.
Speaker 8: They just got some big booty Latinas to just just show off their asses during games.
Speaker 7: Coach people are like, you can go to the game, watch some baseball smasses in between innings.
Speaker 1: Go check it out.
Speaker 7: It's a pretty interesting program they got going down in Mexico.
Speaker 4: Program.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the game making it better.
Speaker 3: As you put it. How are these asses being presented to the people.
Speaker 8: They are pulling them out of their pants and shakey one. Oh wow, go check it out. Which bluggage?
Speaker 3: I am running to the sports page. I can't wait.
Speaker 16: Houston's rocking alternatives, The Rods, The Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four five The Buzz Nirvana. All apologies, welcome to the seventh Spot. If you're carrying over from home room, well I love you, Thank you very much. If you're just joining us, love you too. Thanks for hopping in. Okay, wake you, wakey, Hands off those cupcakes. We gotta read my lips coming up this hour. You're like, wha what already? Yeah? Read my lips? Is this hour? Because the suburb of Summer Sizzler locked into that eight twenty slot. Alvin's gonna take on Deer Park today Sweet sixteen winner goes to the Grade eight. You know all that works.
Speaker 3: You can follow along on the brackets. Thank you shall Federal Credit Union, So yeah, read my lips.
Speaker 1: Will be this hour. You really got to get those words into me, all right? Email me directly Rod at the buzz dot com one word too.
Speaker 3: Some of you send in lists of words, and again I love you for it, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: So everything we're doing today on Throwback Thursday has to do with bands coming to town and three eleven, A Wall Nation and Neon Tree will be playing seven to one to three Music Hall on August twentieth, so we thought we'd throw in a little three eleven today for you to vote on. It's got the most votes right now. This is a beautiful disaster.
Speaker 14: They see is my good good days in crn up Bridge too one when creaky, I mean, does anybody here love three eleven like you love them?
Speaker 1: Or is it just or is just like it's okay, I'm not gonna turn it off, but I'm not also gonna request it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's kind of like that, right.
Speaker 1: It's right there now.
Speaker 7: Live is to see Sublime every year there and they go on to it together Live.
Speaker 3: Is a different deal. Okay, live, Yeah, they are.
Speaker 1: But don't you get this enough? Apparently not fifty one percent of you said this. Okay, it's not Amber.
Speaker 7: I hate Amber is one of my least favorite songs.
Speaker 1: That is the laziest song ever. Yeah, the color of your energy, it's like, that's not it's just like riffing.
Speaker 3: That's a song that's sitting run a campfire, noodling.
Speaker 12: You something.
Speaker 1: Now, that's a rip Jane's addiction. The godfathers of alternative rock are in last place right now? How are they in the last place? I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's like the best song ever according to you.
Speaker 1: Right now it is fifty one percent, three eleven, fifteen percent, flip it, fifteen percent for the godfathers of alternative music. Coining the term alternative music, Perry Farrell inventing Lollapalooza, invented it.
Speaker 3: That unmistakable sound.
Speaker 1: Of Dave Navarro, one of the most unique guitar players of all time. Now, the band that's playing with Jane's addiction that you don't know who they are, they have more votes than Jane's addictions.
Speaker 3: How is that possible? A bunch of guys that were in a band called Bauhause I believe, and then they just kind of split off.
Speaker 1: The lead singer took off, so they said, well, let's stay together and put something, you know, let's put a new project together.
Speaker 3: They called themselves Loving Rockets.
Speaker 1: One hit Wonder.
Speaker 3: They had a cover song that was big too, so they had two songs back in the day.
Speaker 1: I don't know how they get the co headlining bill with Jane's addiction, but they are co headlining even though James is going on second. It's not that I don't like this song. It's a humper. It's a humper. It's a little up tempo for a humper, but I could hump to this. Good to know it's got thirty two percent.
Speaker 3: Of your vote right now, low votes three eleven.
Speaker 1: I just feel like you get enough three eleven on this radio station. But that's when people are saying that that's what they want to hear. Winning song, winning song played today at nine thirty. Guys, I need words. I need you to send me word suggestions because we're playing and I'm behind. I am waiting. This is why we don't do read my lips at seven twenty, because I'm in the position I'm in right now. I need every single one of you to get involved. Come off the sidelines. Oh I don't normally email or do anything. You do today, email me a couple of words that you think would be great for read my lips because we're gonna get it set up to play after this break Rock and Alternative US The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 12: Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five to the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. So there are more, there are more of you out there. Interesting. You can't even imagine the amount of emails that are coming in fir time emailers today with word suggestions for reading my lips.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Sometimes maybe you guys.
Speaker 1: Just need a little nudge, a little nudge in the morning. Apparently whatever I said got you guys to finally email me some words. So I'm good, I'm ready to go. I'm not stressed out anymore. So I'm over here getting set up for reading my lips. Tesla's looking at what's trending.
Speaker 4: Okay, did you hear about this that they are like there's some closures in Galveston, like Galveston Harbor Forment Central.
Speaker 5: It's for the prequel to Yellowstone.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I heard they were filming down there, So that's that's kind of a cool little story going on going. It's happening through Friday at three pm. And there are you know, like Twentieth Street, the avenues, some of these like Bernardo del Gavez and Moody Avenue. It's all closed due to filming, which is probably a pain in the ass for the locals that actually live there. But it is gonna be cool when it's all set and down and there's a pretty little bow and it's edited. You're gonna say, oh my god, I live there.
Speaker 1: My place is cool enough that they're filming. Yep.
Speaker 4: So that's going on. Another local thing happening which I haven't mentioned enough. And guys, we're already halfway through the month. It's Restaurant Weeks Houston. Restaurant Weeks is happening right now. And you know, if you go into a lot of these restaurants that are normally for me a little too pricey, like I can't go in this all, go in just fine dine all the time. But the Restaurants Weeks menu usually offers their best at a pretty reasonable price, and it benefits to Houston Food Bank, which has raised so much money to get people that have food and security in.
Speaker 1: Our local area.
Speaker 4: So I wanted to remind everyone to take advantage of Restaurant Weeks. Houston Restaurant weeks dot com is where you go to find the restaurants in your area or just browse through them. It's kind of fun just going through there, figuring out what you want for dinner. And then if you go to our blog page linksin guests dot com, the road Ryeto blog page, the think Instagram is number one link. It's six Stagram. It's looking at girls and people are voting for the throwback Thursday song of the week.
Speaker 5: So get over there, do some clicking and voting. That's what's trending on ninety four five.
Speaker 1: Of the bus. Oh yeah, I didn't see if anything moved around after we play song clips.
Speaker 4: Time to bring my lips?
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh? It's National Relaxation Day. Are you sure you're gonna get this guy in here to play you?
Speaker 4: Is he napping?
Speaker 12: Where is he?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's National Relaxation Day. Okay, good luck, good luck getting your competitor in here. He sees that he sees that he's taking that to heart. All right, you're taking on Chile.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, it's me versus the Chili though.
Speaker 1: All right, now's the time to call. Wake Chili up. By calling, I'll turn the ringer on so he hears you. They're trying to win you Kings of Leon tickets. Do you think Tessa will win or do you think Chile will win you? Those Kings of Leon tickets which going down tomorrow night seven one, three, two, two, five, nine four five Chili, wake up the Ron Ryan Show on.
Speaker 12: The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five of the Buzz. That's Lincoln Park. This is your Rod Ryan Show. And I've been sitting on this article that I wanted to share with you, and it's from the website Metal Sucks, and it says, heads up, Lincoln Park fans, Mike Shanoda has many exciting things planned for you.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Did he come right out and say what he has planned for us?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: But come on, too much has been going on and I haven't talked about it in a long time. We all saw that video of that chick singing with them just hitting every single Chester No possible. I mean, maybe you know that's the only route you can go, there's not Maybe AIG might not be a dude out there that can hit those notes consistently, right, So I want to talk about it today on the show.
Speaker 3: At some point we'll get into it.
Speaker 1: I'm sure we'll talk about Lincoln Park, but I want to tell you what Mike Shanoda said. But you got to think, you know, because that's considered new metal. Look what Lincoln Park is doing right now. I don't know if by the time that that show hit Sunday night it was sold out. I can tell you it was packed. It was packed there. Can you imagine what Lincoln Park would do. Yeah, I mean, I don't care which one you like better. It's just on dispute, and Lincoln Park's bigger band than Limp Biscuit. And for them to see what friends out there doing with that cast of Loserville opening up for him, Lincoln Park, man, I don't need any help. No, I don't need anybody, but you know they would take out somebody great with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, so their reputation too.
Speaker 1: When we talked to you guys on this show, I said, would you be open if it meant getting even if it's not new music, But if it just meant going out and playing the old stuff, would if you worth it to have somebody in there. Overwhelmingly people told us, yes, put somebody in there. We want this music to continue.
Speaker 3: Not everybody.
Speaker 1: Some people said nope, only one man can do that, and that's it. I want them touring. I want them out there, provided they picked the right person. Stone tuple pilots. They're getting it done. Yeah, you know, they got it done with Chester for a while there, Joe. We'll talk about it later. Twenty percent chance of rating mostly cloudy today. Heat advisory in effect. High of ninety seven. WHOA, hey, Chili, how are you? I'm good man?
Speaker 3: National Relaxation Day.
Speaker 1: Huh, I'm relaxed. It's time to read my lips.
Speaker 11: Ye.
Speaker 1: Let's meet who got through on the phones.
Speaker 3: Wesley got through? Hey Wesley, good morning, Good morning to you.
Speaker 1: Who do you think is giving you the best shot to win those tickets to the concert tomorrow night to see Kings of leon ah Man.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I missed that and pick Pesta and only Chili was available, so he said he's gonna lose for me.
Speaker 1: Chilly, would you throw the game because your feelings were hurt? Because Wesley didn't take you nah that I'm heard that's nonsense. He'll probably just end up losing and then say he did it on purpose. So I guess Isaac got through first. Good morning, Isaac, Good Lorria. You got through to the Chile. He said, who do you want? You said, Tessa, Yes, okay, all right, Well well I want to win just so you lose. Oh okay, see there's there's gotta be some reverse motor motivation here.
Speaker 5: Easy to be mad, So I'm probably just gonna take it easy.
Speaker 1: So it is an early version of the game. Testa's got thirteen wins, Chile has three wins on the year. I'm assuming you're the returning champion.
Speaker 4: I think I did beat Alex last week in overtime or some such story.
Speaker 1: So what do you want to What do you want to happen here?
Speaker 5: I would like ChIL to show us what he's got.
Speaker 1: Okay, you have to pay for that, come on show us one, two, three, four, five, six, seven seven words Okay, rock I got one for overtime. Relaxation mode. On relaxation mode yet, Okay, you can relax after the show. Okay, Chili's not wearing the headphones. Alex is the timekeeper. Twenty seconds on the clock. Please, after I'm done saying the word or words. Okay, twenty seconds is all we're giving them today. It looks like it was.
Speaker 3: Ls Jet send this one in a lot of new people setting it words.
Speaker 1: Good, ye, thumbs up, dumbs up, dude, here we go, twenty seconds on the clock. Please. Wiggle wagon, weed wacker, wiggle wagon, wiggle it, wiggle wagon, we hunt, wiggle wagon, winter wagon, wiggle wagon, winter wa wiggle wagon. I don't think the.
Speaker 4: Word wiggle is like in his vernacular. I don't think this word is like something you say often or would say.
Speaker 3: There's a rap wiggle wiggle wiggle. There's definitely a song out there.
Speaker 4: He doesn't know the word.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying like wiggle, like wiggle wagon, wiggle wagon. Yeah, sure, we don't like wagons. Wing is wah. We still check the tape on people my lips. Okay.
Speaker 7: Also the studio broke that.
Speaker 1: So now all right, Andrew see something, Andrew, thank you. I'm telling you new people sending in words.
Speaker 17: By the way, Yeah, when you eyes get wide when you say the word, I think I'm on the right track.
Speaker 1: And that's why I stick with wo Is that a tell? Like if my eyes get big, does that is that a clue that you're getting close? Do you think maybe, okay, maybe I'm trying not to tip my pick.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think my eyes got wide because I thought he was going to say something nasty. I thought it was my eyes get wide like Alex, like we need to hit the dump button. Yeah, all right, So Andrew, thank you for sending this one in thumbs up, thumbs up. This one was meant for him, so he just got it. I shuffled these things.
Speaker 17: Diesel weasel, teacher Weezer, Diesel weasel, Diesel weasel, Sisler winner, Diesel Weasel, T shirt winner, Diesel Weasel's his white teeth were Diesel weasel. It's not the list Diesel Weasela winner, plus.
Speaker 1: I can't win.
Speaker 3: It's it's my lip is wrong, my teeth are too white.
Speaker 1: Come on, you're the diesel weasel. You're the Diesel weasel. It's Betty White. Yeah, Betty White, Diesel weasel. Okay, Dumn, just to relax, all right, here we go. It can't doing it for Whistley Wesley. I can't imagine why you didn't want chili. I'm still racking my brain. Why you didn't take him? All right, here we go, boys, he's got to get one of these. Ross sent this one in lots of new people. This was something that came up today on the show. Maybe Alex was talking about it. Okay, hold on, all right, now here we go.
Speaker 3: Thumbs up, dumb up, baseball booty?
Speaker 1: Don what beachball booty?
Speaker 3: Baseball booty? Baseball booty?
Speaker 1: All right? He got one? Yeah, I still I'm not clear. I'm what you were talking about? Baseball show? What could have been baseball's all right? Or soft bulls.
Speaker 3: And Guatemala.
Speaker 1: They may show ham titty at the baseball games. That's where that comes from. Okay, Wesley, he got one, So she's got to work.
Speaker 3: She gotta work a little hard at this.
Speaker 1: How to give him hope? Pop up?
Speaker 2: Fuck?
Speaker 1: Pop up?
Speaker 2: Up?
Speaker 1: Okay, she needs one to tie two to win. Yeah, Tessa's now putting on the headphones. She cannot hear my voice. Bro, I did not shave my top lip. That's what threw me off. I knew you were playing. That's what threw me off. You said that my top lip is too big when it's not shaved. When it is, you shaved. The whole goates when it throws me off. I can't win with this guy, No, you can't. Okay, all right, here we go. Tessa cannot hear me now, Shane set this one in, and uh, I remember what I know? I know the reference. Thumbs up.
Speaker 12: I'm not.
Speaker 1: Twenty seconds on the clock.
Speaker 16: Two tarts, two shoe sue, two tarts, sue salt, two tarts, stew salt, tarts, shoe sausage, two tarts, too tarts.
Speaker 1: It's like she's going to she's going, what are.
Speaker 4: You talking about?
Speaker 13: Two tart?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 1: God, tart sauce, tarts.
Speaker 3: I think I might have said that Lindsay Lohan seems a little tart.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's maybe that was it.
Speaker 1: She's a little she seems like she'd be tart sour. I don't know, man, she's sticky.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I need to get these new next to Coleby sent this one in.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got it. You don't need to I've got it.
Speaker 12: No, I got it.
Speaker 1: Thumbs up, thumbs up.
Speaker 3: Sticky chicken?
Speaker 1: What sticky chicken?
Speaker 7: I can't say what it is?
Speaker 1: Sticky chicken.
Speaker 4: I can't cuss on the air rod.
Speaker 1: Sticky, sticky shtick chicken chicken.
Speaker 4: Sneaky stick head, sticky chicken.
Speaker 3: Close, sticky chicken.
Speaker 1: Oh you guys, okay, you guys know that I'm not swearing on the air, right, everybody knows. S head, Tessa, you need this.
Speaker 12: I know.
Speaker 4: These are hard.
Speaker 1: The time wants you not to get it, Isaac, that's who you wanted.
Speaker 4: I'm really trying, Like I know I'm sitting down, but I'm really trying.
Speaker 3: I mean tart, sticky.
Speaker 1: I think the first word threw her off. Bro sticky, but no chicken. She thought I was swearing that. Yeah, but she's not. She's too relaxed. She needs this to tell you she don't got this. Look though they both wanted this, they both wanted Tessa. All right, thank you Adam for this word. Combs up, combs up, She's gonna tie it up. Ready, ready, alady, I have to be ready.
Speaker 4: Alright.
Speaker 1: Come back kid, come back here?
Speaker 4: What say it again?
Speaker 1: Come back kid?
Speaker 7: Say it again?
Speaker 13: Come back kid, come back, kitten, come back, come back King, comeback kid, come back kit. I have no idea, come back kid, come back King, come back Kit, come back.
Speaker 7: You're no idea?
Speaker 1: What a letter? I have no idea what you're.
Speaker 4: Saying, comeback kid, comeback kid.
Speaker 3: The comeback kid is Corey Feldman.
Speaker 1: That's come back. Okay, she said King, it's comeback kid. Come that kid.
Speaker 3: Comeback kid was sent in by hating.
Speaker 4: That's what you were saying.
Speaker 1: That's what you were saying, come back hid. All right, come back kid, don't got it.
Speaker 7: I'm back kid.
Speaker 8: Also a great segment on Past the Gay Podcast Anytime Listen Podcast, What was hard?
Speaker 1: This is the hardest words the time we knew the Chili dance. You lie like Kenny p One one word. I had hard words.
Speaker 4: All these new submissions through me, new people.
Speaker 7: Tough words.
Speaker 1: That's a word, he Isaac, suck it, sorry, Isaac.
Speaker 4: Probably the worst game I've ever played.
Speaker 1: Wesley, you should take a lick too, But you did end up getting chili. What are you giving Wesley?
Speaker 4: Okay, Wesley, you didn't earn these, but you get them a parent tickets to see Kings and Leon this Friday Toyota Center.
Speaker 7: Congratulations, Oh thank you.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't go running around saying how how you won these?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right? That was the way when you were I usually say, like, great job and stuff.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 7: It was a job. It was done today.
Speaker 10: Job everybody job, job, The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 12: The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Jelly Roll need a favor. Jelly's getting new teeth.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he's got going on in that mouth of his.
Speaker 5: I think there's some like rill action in there.
Speaker 3: I see some medal in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see some metal, some old school like Jaws, metal like Jaws meeting the bad.
Speaker 3: Guy from James Bond in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Metal teeth.
Speaker 3: So that's on the music blog page. There's he's getting new teeth.
Speaker 1: Twenty chance of rain mostly cloudy hies up.
Speaker 3: Around ninety seven. We have a heat advisory.
Speaker 1: Also, one of Tommy Lee's kids got in trouble, got kicked out of a country club. Get I'm sick.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Those are two handsome boys, I mean Tommy and Pam. They're handsome boys for sure. I don't know what they're gonna do, but one of them is getting kicked out of a country club. That story's on the music blog page as well.
Speaker 4: Are they beautiful inside?
Speaker 12: Rod?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Wepp in the morning and out what you got? Happy first day?
Speaker 4: Back to Dickinson isd Montgomery Spring Branch yes, prep public schools.
Speaker 1: I know you guys are getting kind of the late start in the week, but it's.
Speaker 4: Your first day back and we just want to make sure that you have the best school year ever. This is a reminder for all you drivers on the roads. All those school zones are back. They're back in action. Their kids walking to school, they are walking from school, they're getting off the bus or getting on the bus. So just everyone be mindful, okay, because it is that time where everyone is trying to have a good year, start the year off right, and we are so here for it. So thanks for bringing us long for the ride. And let's also talk about some city council stuff because the Houston Police Department and the Fire Department both have new chiefs. Yesterday, the appointments of No Ideas as the chief of police and Thomas Munyos as a fire chief were confirmed. Mayor John Whitmyer appointed Munios to replace Samuel Penya, and he appointed Diaz on August versus a replacement of Troy Finner. If you don't know, Munius was the city's Office of Emergency Management Deputy director and then Diaz is the former chief of Katie Police Department.
Speaker 1: So a little bit of local happenings there. Oh that was a big slight on the guy that's now the chief of police. He was in charge of a couple of hundred people and Katie, now he's in charge of a couple of thousand.
Speaker 17: Katy, jump, you gotta give somebody a shot here, it's a big jump.
Speaker 1: I don't know who would want that job. Yeah, I'm thankful that somebody does want that job, and I hope and I hope we got the right guy in there. But just based on he's only been in charge of a couple of honest, I really.
Speaker 4: Was excited about Finner. I loved Finner, like, uh, he had the perfect resume and stuff. But if things weren't working out, I mean, you got it.
Speaker 1: Like you said, you gotta give someone else a shot.
Speaker 4: And let's just let's just focus on crime going down. Yeah, that's that's what I think what everyone wants, and I think that's what the goal always is. All right, let's talk about parenting with this new school year. I mean, you have one of these kids that like doesn't talk to you. I always, you know, they one word to answer you. Parenting seems like it can be a really tough job, but there's a new study that suggests the keen to good parenting is humor. Yeah, making your kid laugh or trying to at least can foster cognitive flexibility. Humor relieves stress, It promotes creative problem solving and resilience in both parents and children. We say this on the show as adults. Hey, sometimes we gotta If we don't laugh about it, we're gonna cry about it. So the same goes to these crazy stressful situations that can come up when you're parenting.
Speaker 1: Right, you know what my dad thought was good parenting.
Speaker 5: Tell me.
Speaker 1: When we hit friends over, my dad would dance and he was the worst dancer ever, much like myself. Okay, and he thought that was the funniest thing ever to embarrass us because he never really really well. He kind of would walk around in his underwear a little bit, so he kind of did some of that, but not so much when we had people over, But my dad thought it was cool. If there was any.
Speaker 4: Music on, he snapped too.
Speaker 1: He would snap his fingers and shake his ass, and we're like, Dad, okay, that's what he thought was good.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it was good, but that's what he thought was good.
Speaker 4: Well, isn't that like a thousand times better than a dad that like is around screaming at everything, just getting being pissed off and mad, like I'll take a dance and snap and geeky ass dad over one that blows his lit every ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is someone that was on the recipient of his leather belt a few times. The dancing was better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, okay, so not everyone is naturally funny, but it's not like you don't have to perform a Netflix stand up special, right, you just utilize your humor to the parents.
Speaker 3: My dad thought he was funny.
Speaker 1: He was funny.
Speaker 3: I mean, you don't appreciate it until they're gone.
Speaker 4: Right, Let's talk about a really scary movie. The house from the nineteen eighty two horror classic Poultrygeist is for sale.
Speaker 7: What is this music culture geist?
Speaker 4: This is pultugeist music.
Speaker 3: Well, because then the kids they're gonna come on soon enough.
Speaker 4: All right, No I miss that one anyway. It's on a zillo and we have the links to you can go see it. But they're like, this house is clean, they promise you it's not haunted. And for one point one seven million dollars. It better not be.
Speaker 1: It's located in Simmi Valley.
Speaker 4: It was built in nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 1: It's hiss.
Speaker 4: Fans will see that infamous kitchen in its original form, but it'll have updated appliances, of course. And for the first time in forty five years, this house is for sale. So it's kind of a once in a lifetime opportunity to live in a pretty famous house. Minus spooks.
Speaker 1: There they are, I'm under your I wonder if that tree's there, if that tree was a real tree, remember, Oh yeah, the tree was a scary tree, like it was kind of possessed.
Speaker 3: Its like tapping on the window or something. I don't remember.
Speaker 4: Terrifying wash his crap. Okay, speaking of ghosts, have you ever been visited by a past loved one in the form of an animal?
Speaker 1: Dave Grohl says he has.
Speaker 4: He told the crowd at Tuesday Nights Foo Fighters show near San Francisco. He says, this is a true story. We're standing on the balcony overlooking San Fernando Valley and this hawk flies by, and he says he's watching the hawk, and he swears the hawk turned and left. He swears to god Rod. The band then dedicated their performance of Aurora to Taylor because that was Taylor Hawkins's favorite food Fighter song. It makes sense because Taylor Hawkins, that's a hawk.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: I would have never put that together, like connecting those thoughts.
Speaker 1: So you're telling me, wait, because his name was Hawkins, so he's got hawk and then he is shape shifted into a hawk.
Speaker 4: You think that's a coincidence?
Speaker 7: Man like animorphs?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you wouldn't want Taylor Hawkins coming back as a guinea pig.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't make sense.
Speaker 1: It's like, why is Hawkins in a guinea pig?
Speaker 4: Pig laughing?
Speaker 3: But look at that hawk right there. I bet you that's Taylor.
Speaker 5: Look that turns back and looks and laughs.
Speaker 1: Every time I watched Dancy with the Stars, I felt like my dad was out there.
Speaker 4: Da makes sense?
Speaker 1: Set Lynn Goodman or my dad? Hop up?
Speaker 3: Is that you got ahead as one again?
Speaker 15: Last night?
Speaker 8: They got by the Raise two to one and Extprandings thanks to Maurice Dubon's walk off single in the tenth inning. They've now won eight in a row and are on their longest winning streak of the season, and they're also two and a half games ahead of the Mariners for your first place in the AL West. They're gonna have a day off today before they open up a weekend series with the White Sox tomorrow night at home.
Speaker 7: On the sports blog page today, you gotta go check out the scumbag Cowboys player. Oh no, Dan rams coaches and throwing them to the ground. Practice. Is no place for that in this game.
Speaker 1: Probably doing something that any team growing to the ground.
Speaker 7: I don't think so, Pal just on Dallas. Scumbaggery is a Dallas.
Speaker 3: There's no place for that that is unique to Dallas.
Speaker 8: Should be arrested and never allowed to play again. Should shut the whole team down, honestly.
Speaker 7: But check it out.
Speaker 10: Plug Page, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternatives, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah ninety four to five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show with its Green Day and Holiday halfway part of the show, Peep Hope Tato six Summer Summer Sizzler coming up. Alvin takes on Deer Park. We're in the Sweet sixteen right now, Brett from Alvin, We're gonna meet shortly. We're gonna reintroduce ourselves to Brett and Angelica from Deer Park. We'll ask them how they got here. Did they win their way through, did they get through by default? It doesn't matter. At this point. You're in the Sweet sixteen. Winner goes to the Grade eight. That means you're just a couple of games away from winning some cash. Final okay cash to the final four to fifty apiece. I think you show Federal Credit Union you win the whole damn thing, five thousand dollars yours. Somebody in that Sweet sixteen is going to take home some cash this summer in the sizzler. So cool, that's so necessary, it is, and we are citzling right now. We are citizling. We have a heat advisory high around ninety seven, mostly cloudy, twenty percent chance of rain.
Speaker 3: So Jelly Roll already got the teeth done.
Speaker 1: If you'd like an up closed and personal look at Jelly Roll's mouth, The dentist posted a video he got veneers this year, and listen, I'm happy for you man, if your teeth are jacked up and you have the money to get veneers. I just rarely see veneers that don't look like veneers. I don't know, it's just you know what, I mean, I thought.
Speaker 5: You had veneers because your teeth are perfect.
Speaker 1: They're not perfect, and I'm gonna get into that in a second, but thank.
Speaker 4: You for that.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, so I can't like boob jobs are awesome, Like there's boob jobs that don't look like boob jobs, you know, and then and then girls constantly tell me like that, ask God didn't make that ass. I just assume all asses out there are just they're just God shape that right, carve that from marble?
Speaker 12: Right, are you?
Speaker 1: I just I just don't believe that many chicks got ass jobs, but I must be wrong. But the veneers I can spot a mile away. Okay, Lizzie McGuire, what's her name? Hillary? With those chick litss are just.
Speaker 3: They're too big, man, they're too big.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that they're too big.
Speaker 1: And they're just so incomparably white, like they're glowing the dark white.
Speaker 7: I want that white.
Speaker 1: So Jelly's got some veneers working. He's got a new set in there. He's got a couple of diamond studded ones. So that's the metal that we thought we were seeing. And Jelly loves his sweet so I hope he's brushing twice a day. He does like his sweets. He just requested some donuts while he was in Vegas with the Morgan Wallen Show, so I got videos of them being made being delivered.
Speaker 3: I got Jailly rose teeth. I don't have perfect teeth, thank you.
Speaker 1: I have one of my front teeth and it comes through in pictures that we take and I'm taking selfies. You were taking up close pictures all the time. I can't get one of my teeth white white, white white, because it's got because I got it. I got into a fight and a beer bottle jammed in my mouth. It's been knocked out. It's been knocked out, and they put an anchor in it, and they put all this bonding on there, and it's just they can't redo it. They can't redo it. So I'm stuck with what I got. No amount of whitening, nothing will do anything to that. Oh I didn't realize. And I see it, and it makes me crazy in pictures, it makes me, It makes me bananas in pictures that I never noticed it. Now you're gonna now you're gonna not Now you're gonna stare at it. Now you're gonna stare at my my franken, my franken tooth in the front. So I asked the dentist about it, our dentist. Do you still go to our dentist? Yah, yeah, I haven't been.
Speaker 4: I need to cleaning.
Speaker 1: And she said, well, we can fix it, but here's what we gotta do. And she said, well, I gotta do the front.
Speaker 3: She goes, I don't want to do just one.
Speaker 1: I want to do two. And I'm like, I can't stand myself being caught in some sort of a vanity moment, like I'm embarrassed at myself. Why I don't want to look like I'm trying. I don't want to look like I'm right. It goes with my with my clothing, that goes with everything. That's why you never see me like wearing an try. I don't want to try. I want to just I want to look put together. I want to look like I don't try hard. I just want to just fit in with everybody. Oh God, if you see me walking around with two white chicklets in the front, I'll hate myself. I'll hate myself if it doesn't look good to me. To love yourself that I'm okay with. That's why I'm living with this franken tooth in the front. That's why I'm living with it. What is it getting replaced? I don't know. You know what they gotta do. They gotta file down your tooth. They like they fang it out and everything they put in. So she doesn't want to do just one.
Speaker 3: She wants to do two. So that looks natural.
Speaker 4: Take a picture when they're fanged out, would you?
Speaker 1: I want to be probably hit me over the head with a Louisville slugger and wake me up when it's over. I don't want to be around for any of it. Okay, I don't want to be around for any of it. So jelly roll, I'm glad for you. It's just fake.
Speaker 3: Tague look fake to me, and I'm afraid of looking like that.
Speaker 4: It just changes your whole face. I feel like a smile changes your whole face. And I feel like people that are insecure about their smile, they're like trying not to smile, and it's like, I don't know, I just feel like that's a huge part of your your facial structure, right.
Speaker 1: I just I said, can't you take a little white out to it? Can't you do something like no, like that seems a little draftic.
Speaker 4: They could out they don't want you.
Speaker 1: They'd rather charge you like a thousands.
Speaker 7: Rather get a thousand dollars instead of ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't need two huge Lizzy mcguires right there in the.
Speaker 4: Front either, you know, Lizzie mcguires, that's what they are.
Speaker 7: Just go Chiplets, dude, you can just buy buy a pack of Chiplets.
Speaker 3: You just see me whitening that thing, trying everything I can.
Speaker 1: You can't do it. All right, that's enough. Go see Jelly Roll's mouth on the music blog page today. And then, like I said, I think I don't know if Tommy Lee Sun got arrested, but I know he got kicked out of a country club. And it's like a real bougie country club. All right, Sweet sixteen times. We're gonna say hi again to Brett and Angelica, coming up, Alvin and Deep Deer Park, Get your ears off.
Speaker 10: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Do you even throw back Thursday?
Speaker 12: Bro?
Speaker 3: Yes we do, Yes, we do.
Speaker 1: Jane's Addiction first place thirty eight percent of your vote right behind it, Love and Rockets on that co headlining tour together that they got thirty seven percent of the vote. Three eleven Beautiful Disaster in last place, first to worst. Last time I checked, that said twenty four percent of your vote. Winning song played at nine thirty. I need more votes, man, or were you just stop right now with Jane's as the winner? But we can't do that. We'll let you guys vote until nine thirty this morning. We have a heat advisory today. Yay, four days in a row. What's trending?
Speaker 4: According to Daily Mail, Simone Biles's biological mother wants to reconcile with her daughter. She hasn't been in Simone's life for decades. Simone was placed into foster care as a toddler. Did her mother struggles with drug and alcohol idundation. I didn't either, which is why it's kind of of juicy because I saw her parents, and her mom's like Asian, and her dad's black, and I go, oh, she just days after her her dad, you know, as far as her skin color. And I'm just assuming I'm just here from my from my living room, assuming things about everyone and their family makeup.
Speaker 1: Maybe mom saw her recent photographs of her house that she's having built with her football player husband, or the that her parents gifted her. That crazy she's building a house here. Oh yeah, she's built.
Speaker 4: A huge She's on top the world. I think that's what probably bothers anyone outside looking in, like, oh, why do you want to come around now? But you know what, that's Simone's business and mommy and daddy issues are a thing. I say, reconcile where you can. I say, reconcile where you can.
Speaker 1: Just looking for a little wing in that house maybe maybe maybe a little something for me in the back.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, so that's something people are talking about. Post Malone made his grand Ole Opry debut last night, full Country.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: He was singing with your girl Landy Wilson. They were doing a little duet there. Then he did like a version of his popular song Sunflower in Country. I'm waiting for White iverson the Country version personally. So Post Malone at Granda Opry is something. And then I want to get back to this Poultrygeist house that we're talking about because our listener Heather said the actual Poultergeist house is in Crosby and that that neighborhood is weird.
Speaker 5: If she can't explain it, it's just eerie out there.
Speaker 1: Well, hang on a second, because on links and guests, the Poulter House, the Poultergeist House, it is for sale and it is not the one in Crosby. They will use sometimes an exterior for shots and an interior for shots, so it must be the one that they used for the interior.
Speaker 3: Where remember the kitchen chair was going across the kitchen on its own.
Speaker 1: It's got to be that house.
Speaker 4: No, I'm thinking this is the house that the movie is actually based on that, do you know what I mean? Like, I don't think there was any filming done here in Crosby, but like maybe all the weird stuff and the stories that's.
Speaker 1: Where it comes from. I don't know, I Poulter Guys. I don't know if that's the genesis of that story. I know the Amityville horror. Something went down in that house. There was people murdered in that house, and then got that story. So I don't know if Poulter Guys started in a house and that was the I don't know how this story was written.
Speaker 4: So I'm very intrigued. I'll be going down this whole thank you. That's what's trending on o'y four five the buzz.
Speaker 1: It just with this kind of talk that means Halloween's around the corner, though, I'm here, but Angelica, good morning, good morning, Hi Angelica. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing just great?
Speaker 1: How about so awesome? You're still repping to your park?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 1: You didn't move, did you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I'm still there?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: How did you get here? How did you get here? Because it looks according to my notes here you beat Michael in the swinging suburbia of King Yeah. Did you guess the song correctly? Did he do it wrong? How did you get here? He didn't know the name of the song, He only only the band?
Speaker 3: All right, so you moved on by default? Yes, I'm gonna ask the same thing of.
Speaker 1: Is it Pete? Hello, Pete, Hello, Hello the morning, Pete. How are you.
Speaker 7: Good? Good?
Speaker 1: You're the right guy here?
Speaker 4: Chili.
Speaker 1: Chili's got his hand raised.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go, Okay, Chili, all right.
Speaker 1: First of all, we hope Brett it's okay what Brett is supposed to play today for Alvin? But he's not answering his phone.
Speaker 12: Brett.
Speaker 1: Wow, So we hope he's okay, we're in the Sweet sixteen? Yes, So I always have a backup, and the backup for Alvin is Pete. So in order for us to have a game, Pete would have to play, or do.
Speaker 4: We just well, this is kind of works out, Rod because Angelica, I mean maybe she screwed it in to the second round and she never called out the name of the song. So I mean, we're gonna find out if we've got a player here.
Speaker 1: So Pete just waltzing into the Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 3: What happens when you call Brett?
Speaker 1: If he answers? No, what happens when you call me?
Speaker 6: Tell me?
Speaker 1: What goes to voicemail? Like it'll ring ring ring, and then goes to voicemail? Is it his voice on the voicemail? And now it's just that generic voicemail number. We've talked to him before from that number? Right, Yeah, okay, okay, yeah, man, that sucks. I mean, he got his way through. But hey, Pete, sneaky Pete, looks like you're in the Sweet sixteen. Yeah, but I've been I haven't been walting in.
Speaker 12: I actually been playing on the radio here, and y'all I've been beating every.
Speaker 1: Player by probably like three to four seconds, so.
Speaker 4: We'll see what happens on this.
Speaker 1: So everything you just said is the the the definition of waltzing in. Yeah, all right, listen, but hey listen, sneaky Pete, I'm not busting balls. I'm glad we got a game today. Okay, I don't. I hope Brett is okay. All right, So Alvin is still in it. Angelica, you okay with this?
Speaker 2: I'm okay, okay.
Speaker 1: As long as you're okay with it.
Speaker 3: This is the suburb of Summer Sizzler.
Speaker 1: Nobody's ever not showed up when they made it under the inside of the brackets before. So I guess we've got to deal with a little bit of everything. Alex. Let's get the song in there.
Speaker 7: We have a song to play first.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're just meeting the guys. Oh okay, that's right, all right, we were just saying hi to you. We're going to play the game after this, so get yourselves together. We got three minutes, okay, Angelica and Pete, Yeah, okay, hang on for me. Welcome back to school, kids. I'm the principal, and you can talk to me anytime about any problems you're having.
Speaker 12: With Todd.
Speaker 1: That's right, Todd, We're on you don't be a dick, Tug, Ryan the Bus ninety four or five, The buzz Killersince. Somebody told me rod Ryan Schol throw Back Thursday, get your votes in winning song played today at nine thirty Jane's Addiction in the lead, and I also will have some Jaan's Addiction tickets for you coming up.
Speaker 3: I'm going to try to get him in this hour.
Speaker 1: I want to focus in on this suburb summer sizzler right now, but I do want to give you a chance to win some of those tickets, because that's why James and Love and Rockets are in Throwback Thursday today. Okay, well, just I mean, we're talking here and our guy from Alvin did not show up. He's not picking up the phone. We can't get a hold of Brett. We want to have a game. I asked, Angelica, you cool with us putting in somebody from Alvin? You cool with us putting in somebody from Alvin? Angelica, I'm cool. Okay, you are cool.
Speaker 3: You're very cool.
Speaker 1: You're very cool. And uh is Sneaky Pete. Sneaky Pete has always been sitting in there. He's always been a backup guy from Alvin, and Sneaky Pete came in with all the confidence in the world. Dude, you are now representing Alvin in the Sweet sixteen. Sure, okay, everybody's got the radio turned down, everybody's ready to rock this thing. What I'm gonna do is I'm gonna put on a song here now. Sneaky Pete, you have to shout out your name when you think you know the title of the song and the band name. You need both of those things in about three seconds. Okay, I mean, let's go. When you say your name, I need both of those those pieces of information. Angelica. I know you know this.
Speaker 2: Pete.
Speaker 1: You good, I'm good. Okay, Pete, Angelica, it's Game eighteen of the Suburbs Summer Sissler listening for you to shout out your name. Good luck to both of you, Angelica.
Speaker 3: Angelica three two one.
Speaker 1: I said one tried.
Speaker 7: I haven't.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, come on, you said you didn't say it in time. I mean I tried.
Speaker 3: We heard nothing and everything.
Speaker 4: We didn't hear me.
Speaker 7: No, I heard you say it after.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 1: I heard I heard me, I heard Park and I said it. I heard everything. I heard everything you're saying right now, I hear everything. I'm sorry, Angelica, and we did not hear anything at all. I gave you a three, A two, and one, then the her and that's it.
Speaker 3: We got to move on, and Jelica.
Speaker 7: Deer Park is out, Sneaky Pete.
Speaker 1: Who's got it easier than this guy?
Speaker 4: Sneaky Pete?
Speaker 1: After, who are you? You're in the grade eight? I don't know, just been putting on the backup playing Wait minute, you know it? Did you know the song?
Speaker 2: Dude? Honestly, I didn't know the name of the band, and I was thinking of the song, and then she she uh.
Speaker 1: I heard her after y'all were saying that.
Speaker 12: I'm like, I didn't hear the her say the name of the band or the song.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yo, maybe maybe her phone did act.
Speaker 1: I don't know she did. She did say it afterwards. I heard her say it afterwards. Yeah down.
Speaker 4: I heard her say white stripes. I didn't hear the full yeah anyway, Sneaky.
Speaker 1: Peep The depets in the Great eight Rod Ryan Show, All at Empire, Upon an Empire, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, It's Pearl jam At Daughter Rod Ryan's show on this Throwback Thursday. It looks like Jaanes Addiction is still in a bit of a lead right now. Winning song will be played at nine point thirty, and I've got some Jains Addiction tickets coming up for you. I just did a quick while that song was playing into a quick Google search because I got a text message. I thought maybe it was somebody blowing me up about the suburb of Summer Sisler. Uh huh, I got a text message. Are you getting these from the United States Postal Service? It says USPS. During transportation, the outer packaging of the item was damaged and the address information was lost, resulting in the inability to deliver the mail package. Please update the delivery address information in the link we've provided. Don't click the USPS.
Speaker 3: The USPS team wishes you a wonderful day.
Speaker 7: Do not click it.
Speaker 3: Go to United States.
Speaker 1: Postal Service dot gov USPS dot gov. They said this is called smishing. It's a form of fishing that involves a text message or a phone number. Victims will typically receive a deceptive text message that is intended to lure the recipient into providing their personal and financial information. So, yeah, they're starting they want my address. Listen, I know that this is a scam, but my mom doesn't. That's what sucks about this stuff. And it just happened to me right now. It really does. Think. I don't know if you saw that in the news, but there's been a massive data breach on top of this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did see that. Well, we've been hacked, guys.
Speaker 1: This time. It involves everybody's Social Security number.
Speaker 4: Okay, well what do we need that for? Everything?
Speaker 1: And your physical addressed. The hacking group called USDD claims to have stolen two point seven billion records earlier this year from National Public Data Great that provides personal information to employees, private investigators, and others that are doing background checks. That includes sensitive identification information for everyone in the US, UK and Canada. They've tried selling it and some of it may have leaked, so it's at this point it's unclear of how big a threat this is. Officials are advising people to monitor their credit reports, manage your passwords effectively.
Speaker 7: So do they manage it?
Speaker 1: Dude? They let it get hacked, correct, and that's not going to keep third parties from coughing up your data. So that's the problem. But social Security numbers have been compromised.
Speaker 12: Number one.
Speaker 1: I'll take number eight.
Speaker 3: Just keep your head on a swivel.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're related. The USPS thing has kind of been going on for a while with me. I get that message a lot where they want me to put my address in there. This one is fairly new though. The hackers may have stolen everybody's Social Security number. That's good, that's fun. Huh, Houston's it is?
Speaker 12: And Holme at The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show Throwback Thursday, three eleven. Back in the lead, Jays Addiction in second place, Love and Rockets in third place. It's a pretty good race though, between the three songs. Winning song played today at nine thirty. Make sure you're voting the world Famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com on this throwback Thursday. Heat Advisory today mostly cloudy, twenty percent chance of rain, high ninety seven. Here we go.
Speaker 12: Up in the morning and out.
Speaker 5: Oh, you all better be in class already.
Speaker 4: But we are shouting out everyone that's going back for the first day of school today. And Dickinson Montgomery and Spring Branch. Yes, pre public schools as well. Yesterday was a big day back for kids and they continue to trickle on. I think it's cool if your first week of school is only two days. I mean, you can do it. If you can do that, you can get away with that schedule. You're winning on that one. So have fun this school year and things are making us along way along with you for the ride.
Speaker 12: All right.
Speaker 5: A little politics going on.
Speaker 4: Democratic candidate in Minnesota, Governor Tim Wallas posted to x yesterday he accepted the invitation from CBS News to debate Republican candidate Center jd Vance on October first. So basically jd Vance was on Fox News and he said he strongly suspects that.
Speaker 1: He will be there on October first. I think that is all but locked in.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, former President Donald Trump is detailing his plans for the economy. He was at a rally in Nashville, North Carolina, so basically giving his saying he's gonna try to bring down inflation and consumer prices in his first one hundred days of presidency. Meanwhile, Kamala Harris planning to propose a federal ban on corporate price gouging in food and groceries. She was at a campaign rally in She'll be at a campaign rally in North Carolina this Friday. So yeah, that's the national stuff going on. Meanwhile, if you like fast food, get over to the food blog page. Because talk Bell kind of known for tweaking their menu. They just continue certain items they bring them back with They're doing a pretty cool I think it's pretty cool. It's a re release of classic menu items from decades past. So like for every era, they'll have something that was popular that they had put on the original menu items.
Speaker 1: It goes back to the eighties, sixties, sixties, sixties.
Speaker 4: The tsada that was one of Taco Bell's original menu items at its first location is in nineteen sixty two. Okay, then the green burrito was popular in the seventies. The meximelts that belonged to the eighties and the nineties was a beef Gordida supreme. Can we give it one more for the carmel, apple and panada in the two thousands.
Speaker 1: You want one more Bell, please?
Speaker 18: Thank you.
Speaker 4: In a recent interview, el King really laid it on Rob Scheiner for not being a great father.
Speaker 1: We know who Rob Schneider is.
Speaker 14: Good morning, This is Rob Schneider from Ducepigelo European Jigglow and you're listening to the Rod Ryan Show on ninety four to five the Buzz.
Speaker 4: Sorry for stepping on you there. Rob el King is pretty popular. She sings this song x's and o's. She was recently U remember she was at that Dolly tribute. Yeah, and people were like, oh my gosh, this is what happens when you randall arey for Dolly's performance. I also learned in the podcast that she had given two performances that day, hadn't eaten anything, and it really like just got away from her, and that Dolly herself called her to check on her make sure she was okay, and like said, like no harm, no foul. But I also learned that Rob Schneider was her dad growing up, and she didn't really spend a ton of time with him. She was kind of a troubled kid. He wasn't the best to her, she says. The relationship goes in an ebbs and flow. Well, Rob, I guess listening or learning about this interview, to which she says, you know, he wasn't a good dad. He's saying, I just want to tell Elle, my daughter, that I love you. I wish I was the father of my twenties that you needed. Clearly I wasn't. I hope you can give me for my shortcomings. I love you completely. I love you entirely. So I think it's pretty good because he kind of was put in a bad light and he didn't fight back because.
Speaker 1: It's his daughter.
Speaker 4: He knew maybe he was in the wasn't the wrong back and when he was a twenty year old dumb ass.
Speaker 3: Well, he's really thrown himself in the Republican party right now too.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I mean he's thrown himself into that space very hard.
Speaker 3: That's why he's on Tucker Carlson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was wondering that what an interview to give.
Speaker 1: No, he's a big time Trump guy, republic hardcore Republican, and you know, wants to be one of those rare Hollywood voices on the other side of the aisle.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, Well, yeah, that's that's all on a blog page for you guys. As is this, Hardy is apparently secure enough in his career that he was not only willing to join Scott Sap and Creed on stage during a recent show in Nashville, but he performed with them.
Speaker 1: He joined them for their song Weathered.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the writing style of this article, I think it's I think being on Creed, being on stage with Scott's habit Creed is huge deal for Hardy and I guess it depends on who you're a bigger fan of. But uh, yeah, it was pretty cool prize there for the fans in Nashville, and you can go check it out on the music Bug page.
Speaker 1: I know for sure Hardy's younger and he probably grew up with Creed, so I'm sure it was a big deal for him. I'm sure it was big.
Speaker 7: Those are reasons at that.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 7: The Astros got another win last night.
Speaker 8: They got by the Rays two to one and extra innings thanks to Maurice Dubon's walk off single in the tenth inning. They've now won eight in a row and are on their longest winning streak of the season so far. They're gonna They still also have a two and a half game lead over the Mariners for first place in the AOS, and they're gonna have a day off today before they open up a weekend series with the White Sox tomorrow night back pat Home. On the sports blog page today, Aaron Judge yesterday became the fastest player to hit three hundred home runs by one hundred and thirty two games.
Speaker 7: I saw that pretty insane stat.
Speaker 8: He absolutely like launched one off of the White White Sox pitcher yesterday. I mean that, Darren, you're a Hall of Famer. You would think he's on He's on the right page. He's on the right keep going. You gotta keep going and doing that. But like the fact that he did it one hundred and thirty two games faster than anybody else, that's pretty insane.
Speaker 3: I think that's bosom.
Speaker 7: I mean, I think you gotta win some stuff. I think you gotta win some stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah go check it.
Speaker 7: Out those Spice blog.
Speaker 1: Page dead He's a beast.
Speaker 10: And The rod Ryan Morning Show six Am.
Speaker 1: The Buzzy four or five buzz It's bad Wolves and Zombie rod Ryan's show on this throwback Thursday. Twenty percent chance of ring twenty percent, mostly cloudy hip ninety seven Heat advisory is on right now. Three to eleven is in the lead. Three eleven I looked it up. Three eleven has sold ten million albums. Jane's Addiction has sold thirty five million albums. I didn't bother looking at eleven rockets. Uh three eleven has forty four percent of the vote. Jane's Addiction stop thirty one percent of the vote. We're over one thousand votes in.
Speaker 3: It's possible that Jane's Addiction could get in a back in the first place.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 3: It's probable if a ton of you go and vote for it.
Speaker 1: I already campaigned for Jane's Addiction to be played the Godfather's of alternative, Absolutely, no question about it. New Past the Gravy podcast up today.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we got to record here again because Comcast is the worst company on planet Earth and I don't have internet at my house.
Speaker 1: You've been out, you've been without it for a while.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we've done three straight podcasts here. It looks cool like you can't like fire.
Speaker 1: Looks like you're in a real studio.
Speaker 7: No, h that par Is awesome.
Speaker 3: It looks like you're in your kitchenette.
Speaker 7: I enjoy being here doing that. But we actually have a room now in my house. I had a whole room to the podcast.
Speaker 4: And it's just sitting there.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to be your kitchenette. We talked about room.
Speaker 8: If Benjamin Button was an athlete, like, how would you evaluate him because he would be old first, and then he would get progressively better and then worse, so.
Speaker 1: You would get him at like forty on your team, and then he would just like you would have him like if he was a basketball player, he could play twenty years.
Speaker 8: Right, So we discussed that more then with secretariat dominate if he went into equestrian. We also discussed why we don't have a name for our moon when like other planets have a ton of names for their moons, all kinds of interesting stuff. I'm pasting, baby, go check it out.
Speaker 1: Sounds interesting. Okay, that's on links and guests. Yes, okay, that's where you can vote for the throwback Thursday song. I didn't put this up, but I was reading this article. I hope you find it interesting. I think we're all guilty of signing up for things, getting an app on our phone and not reading the agreement. Yeah, does anybody? Nobody has? You just accept it, right, but they make you accept it. They make you accept it, and deep down inside you probably know you should read it, but you don't.
Speaker 3: You just want that app on your phone or whatever.
Speaker 4: Very deep down.
Speaker 1: I remember going to my first house closing and they handed me the first piece of paper and I'm reading it and reading it, and the sellers are there. There's a room full of people, and my realtor goes, this is all standard stuff. You don't have to read everything. It would take you three hours to close on a house, so you just sign everything that's in front of you.
Speaker 4: I literally went on my like thirty minute break. I was like, let me sign it. I didn't read one thing.
Speaker 1: Check this out.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: A guy is suing Disney. Sad story.
Speaker 1: His wife died from a meal she ate at Disney World last year. She had a severe nut and dairy allergy, and the staff at an Irish pub in Disney Springs that her order was safe and it wasn't, so he filed a lawsuit. The Disney lawyers said, are you the same Jeffrey Piccolo that signed up for Disney Plus a trial membership back in twenty nineteen. He's like, yeah, you signed up. You can't sue us. It's in the It's in the agreement when you sign up for Disney Plus.
Speaker 4: I just throw that in there.
Speaker 1: It's not time back. It's in there that's so awful. And he doesn't even have Disney Plus, you know, trial membership in twenty nineteen, but he said yes, he agreed. The fine print when you sign up it says any disputes with Disney must be resolved in arbitration and not in court. You cannot take Disney to court if you have Disney Plus. If something happens in the park to you or something. If you have Disney Plus, you have told them that, hey man, thanks for letting Disney Plus come into my house for that, I'm never going to sue you for anything.
Speaker 7: I'm never going i that now.
Speaker 3: But who else is doing this, Alex?
Speaker 8: Every other company is yes, they just are like, oh yeah, well, instead of as that happened to act like we could have possibly been responsible for it.
Speaker 1: They're trying to say that anyone with Disney Plus can't sue them for anything. So he bought tickets. He bought tickets to Epcot through their website, and they claim the terms of conditions that would also nullify his lawsuit. When you buy the tickets, you're going through the website to buy tickets. Somewhere in there it says you can't sue us. But you you don't take the time to read that stuff. This has got to be in everything that we're signing up for.
Speaker 4: Probably, isn't that the same, Like if you get like a baseball ticket, it's like a major league game, it's basically saying on the ticket like yeah, like that's on you, Like, we're not liable if you're getting injured at these games.
Speaker 1: You are assuming some sort of risk by going to the ballpark. Right, So obviously he's lawyered up.
Speaker 3: His lawyers are trying to prove that this being absurd.
Speaker 1: It's not clear how much he's suing for, but there is going to be a hearing on October second, and the Disney guys say, it's we have this spelled out.
Speaker 7: I mean, we can just kill you and we don't care.
Speaker 1: Who don't sue us.
Speaker 3: Who has better lawyers than Disney? Probably nobody, you know, probably nobody.
Speaker 1: Elon Musk maybe he has better lawyers than Disney. But that's about it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So it's just.
Speaker 1: That fine print. Is anybody gonna read? It's moving forward?
Speaker 7: No, right, you know, And they can like add stuff all the time too. There's always like you get those on your phone, like we just did an update. Make sure you accept that. And it's like you could just add like, by the way, now we own everything you have, right and we're.
Speaker 5: Like accept because we need to get we need to make a call.
Speaker 1: Just send a text, guys, get you get your votes in me too, get your votes in for Throwback Thursday. Okay, and right now, here's a chance to text to win some cash and a great trip ninety four or five of Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's show. We're Gonna leave you today with three eleven, a one nation meon tree tickets that shows August twentieth, seven to one to three Music Hall. Three eleven is looking like that's gonna be the song that's played today. Out of everything we're offering up on Throwback Thursday, Jane's Addiction is in second place, which should be the song that's played, and Love and Rockets is in last place. But yeah, all bands that are represented today are coming to town online. Kid's Alix online.
Speaker 3: What you're doing today?
Speaker 7: All right? Today's day well is a fun one. It's otters playing basketball, sick otters playing.
Speaker 8: Basketball really a basketball hoop, and the otter tank at an aquarium is just dunk in the ball.
Speaker 7: Dude, this guy's got some dunks lap don't love it more?
Speaker 8: Having the best time, And I was having the best time watching him, So I was like, you know what, why don't I share it with my friends on The rod Ryan Show? And you can make your day a little bit better by going and checking out some otters try and get their hoop dreams going at the world famous rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 7: Paige at think dot com, you orter go check it out.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, you just couldn't resist that one. I thought, maybe did you say it quickly because you knew she was gonna say its?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 15: I thought I.
Speaker 1: Was a news anyone else.
Speaker 12: Love them?
Speaker 1: Let's just move on.
Speaker 7: Chili's got Oh.
Speaker 1: God, he doesn't have one. You get to the next song, Good Calls.
Speaker 2: On ninety five.
Speaker 1: Before or five the buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, It's Papa Roach and leave a light on Throwback Thursday. We got three minutes. I got to give you your time. Actually, I'm giving Jane's addiction some time if I'm giving you the time. But we say we're gonna play the winning song at nine thirty, So we'll play the winning song at nine thirty. Heat advisory today twenty percent chance of rain, mostly cloudy, hive around ninety seven. I've you hemd a concert review. There was a big concert in town yesterday. I wasn't sure if it was going to happen because I've been reading, you know, the keeping up with what's going on with rock news, and the guys.
Speaker 3: In Journey are fighting. Yeah, they're always fighting.
Speaker 1: And who owns the name? And apparently Neil Sean, the guitar player, ran up there's a credit card with the name Journey on it, Like, who's the card holder? Journey? And he ran it up to a million dollars. Yeah, so is it Jonathan Kine. Maybe he's like, listen, you're out of hand, dude. You can't just go spending. So apparently they've only canceled the European dates. So Journey and def Leppard did go off without a hitch last night. Here we go.
Speaker 3: While I'm reading this, Oh okay, I have it. This is James Sutton. Astros may have been out of town.
Speaker 1: But there was a great rock show at Minute made yesterday Rod starting off with Steve Miller band he can still bring it. Next was Journey. They were rocking it. Jonathan and Neil were very professional, even though they are feuding big time. It took the damn mixer until the fourth song to get it right. Minim Park does not sound good for concerts, guys, I don't mind saying that. Yeah, it's actually.
Speaker 7: Weird to get used to. It would imagine playing there too.
Speaker 3: It sounds terrible.
Speaker 1: It sounds terrible there, and they play in center field and you can't walk on the baseball diamond. So let's say, like the best seeds for a baseball game is behind home play right, some would say if you get that seat for a concert. The band the journeys in center field where.
Speaker 5: Tals Hill used to be, like towards the fence. Yeah, like on the fence.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, it took him. It took him to the fourth song to get it right. Then def Leppard came on and remembered how to be a rock band. They only played three songs not from Pyromania in Hysteria. This for sure had to beat your Emo night. Next up, Best of All World's Tour on the twenty third. Oh, I think that's the Sammy show he's going to all right, I have one more review if you want to hear it. From Oiling Guess, Greg Oiling guess. Of course he reviewed the concert last night, Brother Ron. I got on TC Jester, I saw six ' ten was dead stopped. I put mini made in my maps. It said forty eight minutes. I turned around and went home. Five hundred and fifty dollars down the drain. Have a great rest of your week. What he went home?
Speaker 3: But that's on him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not down the drain if you would have just stayed.
Speaker 7: I'm trying.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you just not down for that damn traffic man not doing it.
Speaker 8: Greg, your time is worth something, and his time is worth five hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: Here you go, yeah, yeah, sitting in that traffic expense did Yeah, all right, I just said that. I go, Mike, Yeah, my time is worth a lot of money. I don't know if it's worth that mile. All right, Here we go. Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 3: Says here thank you for voting.
Speaker 1: Vote on today's hashtag Throwback Thursday song seventeen percent of the vote. Love and Rockets So Alive thirty five percent of the vote. Jane's addiction stop forty seven percent of you said you wanted to hear three eleven beautiful disaster. Don't we play that song on this station all the time?
Speaker 12: Pretty much just mad it with you.
Speaker 1: Guys, Mom, it's so bad Thursday, whatever the hell that is. Here's your throwback Thursday winner on ninety four five The Bush.
Speaker 14: By See by God, Good Day, burn off brid joke to one with what was creaking turn away.
Speaker 1: Right on you.
Speaker 12: I don't do not like that. Some people really.
Speaker 1: We believe to be that.
Speaker 12: Talking on you.
Speaker 1: I know that.
Speaker 14: Don't got girl, don't bred it adding she's always wanted for something. So many things, you know, I find that's something you didn't.
Speaker 1: Do something.
Speaker 12: D up the street.
Speaker 1: I find deep from w.
Speaker 12: Holls. You are.
Speaker 1: Pretty back to me and I don't whatever.
Speaker 18: I'm telling you a zero capt so afraid of betting. She's on noting something. So many things ain't going.
Speaker 1: I try may not like this.
Speaker 7: Nothing to say sus out people, just duiful this aster.
Speaker 12: Lying down the street.
Speaker 4: I trying to.
Speaker 7: Keep up for me out and radio.
Speaker 1: Now that you are.
Speaker 14: Playing the win with Honah again, bretty big to me and I get.
Speaker 1: I don't whateverever.
Speaker 14: The Rock Ryan Show celebrating twenty years on ninety four.
Speaker 10: Five of us four or five Houston's Alternative and the Rock Ryan Mornings.
Speaker 1: Stop that train, not even Moore five the bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan's show. Hi, how's everybody doing? That was seither before that, what's up with you guys? In three eleven, I feel like you can get a pretty heavy dose of three to eleven on the rag here at ninety four five the buzz just Hi this morning, I give you the opportunity to hear something different. I got a great concert, the probably the show that I'm looking forward to. I mean, I said, Limp Biscuit, I said what I said. That was the concert of the summer for me. But the original lineup of Jane's Addiction getting back together and going out on the road, that's my number two. SDP was probably third as far as my excitement for the summer concert series. And I try to get something a little different played on the radio and you tell me, no, I like what you normally do.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's how it went, and that's how it went.
Speaker 1: Can't be upset about that, I guess appreciate all the votes. Appreciate a little bit more all the votes that for Jan's Addiction to I just couldn't get that pushed through. I do have three eleven tickets coming up for you. They're coming to town with a wall Nation and neon trees. Now they're gonna play say same place. It's back to back nights at the seven one to three Music Hall. I believe Jane's addiction is on the nineteenth, that's Monday, and then Tuesday night is going to be the three eleven shows. So seven one and three is gonna be rocking next week for sure. So yeah, we do have those tickets coming up for you. We have that heat advisory today again, it's four damn days in a row man.
Speaker 4: Borrow the ac and here to keep us freezing.
Speaker 1: I got a couple of things for you up on the Three Things you Must See. Guy made a street legal version.
Speaker 3: Of a bumper car.
Speaker 1: And it looks it looks like the bumper car that's kind of a wedge, you know, like think of a slice of pizza, that bumper car where it's like narrow in the front, it flares out. Okay, street legal bumper car. He built the thing.
Speaker 3: It's awesome. That's on three Things you Must See Today.
Speaker 1: And then if there's one group of people out there that are completely underserved on the.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan Show, and Alex plays games.
Speaker 1: He's a gamer. He's got to get him to.
Speaker 7: Like, Oh, no, I'm a gamer. Just play video games.
Speaker 5: That's exactly what a gamer is.
Speaker 1: I think that's what a gamer is. I think it's crazy. I think you play video game. You play video games two times a week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're a gamer.
Speaker 1: So a gamer from Saudi, a gamer from Saudi Arabia. And now in the Gimmes Book of World Records on Three Things You Must See, he hooked up four hundred and forty four video game consoles to a single television. That's awesome. Don't you just want to see how don't you want to see? What kind of adapters do you need for four hundred and forty four video games to be hooked up to one television?
Speaker 4: I see one wire. It gives me anxiety. I'm not going to see all these wires hooked up everywhere.
Speaker 7: Yeah, usually four hundred football games.
Speaker 12: I did more impressed.
Speaker 3: Three Things you Must See today?
Speaker 1: All right, we'll come back and ask you a question about the show to get you into the three eleven show that you guys.
Speaker 10: Just love, You Love three eleven Houston's Alternatives and The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. All right, let's go, man, I don't want to keep all you three eleven fans waiting? How much you love them? Three eleven A Wall Nation and Neon Trees playing. I guess Tuesday night at the seven one three Music Hall, great place for a concert.
Speaker 3: Three eleven is so good live that I understand.
Speaker 1: And yes, I've been to a three to eleven day, meaning I've seen them on March eleventh before.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did I stay for three hours and eleven minutes of it?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 5: But I stay for two weird energy was amber, it was two fine, two.
Speaker 1: And a half. I'm like, all right, that's enough. I gotta get out of here.
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 3: I mean a long time Bruce Woo Fighters.
Speaker 1: Who else would you sit there for three hours? Who would you sit there for three hours?
Speaker 3: Taylor Swift?
Speaker 1: That's it? Chili Peppers? Yeah, three hours?
Speaker 4: I could do six? I can you know what triple it? I'll just sit there.
Speaker 1: Who was that comedian Ralphie Raffie May used to do like two hours two and a half hours to stand up. I'm like, bro, You're like, I'm tired of lacking it's not funny anymore. I'm mad. I'm mad.
Speaker 4: If you try maybe laugh for two hours with your problem.
Speaker 3: Now, that would be three eleven playing specifically on three eleven day.
Speaker 1: They would play for a long, long time. This is a regular show, so I'm sure they're going to do an hour and a half SAT at least. What's your question?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well see you playing live.
Speaker 4: The Foo Fighters played live, and Dave Groll told a story that I think is super believable. Not so much, but tell me the little tell me the little tidbit that Dave girl shared with his fans, and I will give you some tickets.
Speaker 1: How did I know that that was gonna be the one thing we talked about six thousand things today on the show, and I knew she was going to go right for the cuckoo clock. Welcome back to school kids today in the lunch cafeteria. Blue Peace, blue Peace, that's probably a title. Here's some users rely he run, Ronnie, oh bus my shirt, popcas very ninety four or five, buzz, Good morning, Rob Ryan Show on this throwback Thursday. Getting ready to wrap this sucker up here with a nice little bow and the little three eleven bow giving you some great concert tickets. Awesome summer, one of the best summers ever for the concert series Man twenty percent chance of rain, mostly cloudy today. Heat advisory could feel like up to one hundred and ten today. That's reckless, Hi today true temperatore over around ninety seven.
Speaker 3: Let's go peas Now time for know this show on ninety four five The.
Speaker 7: Buzz La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rod Ryan Show, So try that again. Good morning, Rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 12: Hey.
Speaker 1: Who's this Hi?
Speaker 2: This is Abby?
Speaker 3: Hi, Abby, welcome to another show.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 12: I'm great?
Speaker 1: How are you? I'm awesome? I'm awesome Today. Let's say if we can get you some tickets before we get out of here, Tessa, what's the question here?
Speaker 4: Abby? Can you please tell me what story? Rod's hero his favorite band Food Fighters and Dave Girl. What story you just told on stage?
Speaker 3: He thought a hawk.
Speaker 6: I believe it was Tony Hawkins from The.
Speaker 4: Great Well do you think, Rod?
Speaker 1: I think it's ridiculous. But there's some people that love that. They love that Taylor Hawkins yet, but there's the people that love you. Guys have heard the cardinal before. Right, every time you see a Cardinals like a relative, it's like your grandma checking in on your crow. Crow.
Speaker 4: That's like a ghost as Brandon Lee. That's a foreshadowing.
Speaker 12: All crows are him.
Speaker 3: All crows are Brandon Lee.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that Lee's are not crows.
Speaker 7: We didn't know what is she won?
Speaker 4: Oh, you get the tickets to see three eleven. He will nationed me on trees.
Speaker 1: You know, the shame three eleven brightest band of all time?
Speaker 7: That's right, thank you, Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Abby. Have you ever seen three eleven lived? They are great. They're great. I'm not trying to bust their baths. I am not, but I love them.
Speaker 12: I'm very excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're awesome. They're awesome. Okay, well listen, hang on the phone for me. Okay. I will thank you for being a part of the show today. Chili. I know it was a big rest day and I appreciate you hanging in there. It's like national day of rest. And I didn't see Chili. I didn't see Chili shut his eyes the whole time. Is it tough? Man, It's tough. I'm so tired right now.
Speaker 7: Right now, you get big stretch.
Speaker 1: That's why I do it. Voodoo big stretch, a girl big stretch. Yeah, there's my boy Chili stretching it out. All right. Well, day of relaxation. So here's what I want. I want you to finish up, little fella, and then I want you going home and relaxing. That's perfect.
Speaker 3: I want something that you don't normally do.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Wizard, no meeting for him me today. Oh we got a meeting today. Relax Yeah, yeah, is relaxation by Wizard. We'll Rod to your point about three eleven. We haven't played that song in regular rotation at about eight whatever, Nerdy, Thanks Wizard. You know that's a hill you want to Donald. You know he's coming in here with the three eleven stats outside the studio right now. I just when I look at Throwback Thursday and this is I mean, all I'm getting is like, Rod, you sided like a bit. You didn't get your way. That's fine. When I think of when I think of Throwback Thursday, I think it's something that we don't normally play. Right now, three eleven. He's gonna tell me the last time that was in regular rotation. He'll have all that information. It's just it doesn't seem special, you.
Speaker 4: Know, no, but it almost proves his point of like, people like what they like, and it doesn't matter if it's to mainstream or how many times they hear.
Speaker 5: It, they're gonna listen to it again and again.
Speaker 1: You're right, you're right. How about Autumn kicking a little ass this morning? Yeah, we have three games today on the show. Autumn rolled on the fresh Eric guy this morning and he emailed me he wants to play. He's excited, he liked, he liked being on, so he said he was going to call back in thirty days and do all of that. Autumn's gonna go for win number four tomorrow, fresh out of had Head to head. We play every morning at six to twenty. Fix to Graham is your number one link today. Thank you for all the words submitters. You guys really came through. Lots of new names and lots of new people sending in words. What do you have where you do, like an outlook reminder or something? Put it on your calendars and let's get some more people here submitting words. I thought they were good words. They were difficult. I think that's what made it so difficult today. Words submitters, Chili beat Tessa this morning. That happened National Relaxation Day. Yeah, big stretch, all right, one word guest got a win today. Right here is where I'm supposed to say thank you to all the throwback Thursday voters moving on summer and Summer Sizzler. It's a weird one today. And Jelago from deer Park lost to where's Brett?
Speaker 4: We need a bread update?
Speaker 1: So Sneaky Pete got in there from Alvin. He's now in the grade eighth. More Sizzler tomorrow at eight twenty. Holly from Conroe's gonna take on Joe from Rosenberg. Hey, guys, you're playing tomorrow. Okay, get your s together, Fanny Friday tomorrow, Open films Friday tomorrow, Free beer Friday tomorrow. We do all of that, Okay, doing more on one day that most morning shows do all week. Jeremy's got the NonStop Nooner. Got a chance for you to win some alternative income and a trip to the iHeartRadio Music Festival. How about picking your tickets with him? He's got twentieth in versary passes at the Carbock Brewery for the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party. Brand new past the gravy. Let's told us all about it today on the show that's up on links and guests, rod Ryan Show on Socials at rod Ryan Show Test is.
Speaker 3: On Houston Life today at one o'clock.
Speaker 1: And that's it, guys. We're on a twenty hour break and then we'll turn you loose on the weekend. Guys, thank you so much for tuning in today.
Speaker 17: A m F.
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 14: Check it out on the world famous ron ryanshowpage at the buzz dot com.