Speaker 1: Hello everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. It is Wednesday, June third. It is eleven forty nine pm. Trying to get this one in heavily started before the midnight hour. Apologies for no pod on Wednesday. Had a little bit of a mishap at home. As you guys know, I have been coming home to do the podcast. We are still setting up the area for the podcast at the WSOP. So I get home last night, just kind of hanging around wife and I watched some TV. My daughter, who's five, is up kind of freaking out, crying. Then she starts and that her stomach hurts. Next thing you know, she's projectile vomiting all over the flat bathroom. So so that happened. Then my son, who's half his age, he gets woken up. He's freaking out and crying. My wife's hanging out with my daughter in the bed, trying to get her calm down and to sleep and hope that she's feeling well. They're sleeping in a different room. I go get my son. He's freaking out, he wants his mom. It's a whole thing. He's I'm trying to get him to lay in our bed with me and go to sleep. He won't go to sleep. He's up for an hour. So a whole giant disaster of a night. But you know, that's just the life with young kids. Absolutely love him, but good lord, they can be a handful sometimes, don't they know the dubsip's going on and dad needs his sleep. I mean, come on, come on, we can't. We can't be projectile vomiting and crying all like, well, what the heck are we doing? Like, come on, anyway, fun show ahead. I do got to hand it to you guys off the top. You guys answered the call. I asked for emails, I asked for mailbag stuff. I got a bunch. So we're gonna do that. But we'll do that a bit later on in the episode. Probably the biggest news out of the day I think, in my opinion, is I saw. We all saw if you were watching the stream, one of the sickest ways to bust a tournament you will ever see. That happened in the ten KGG millions. We will talk about it. We got Helmuth Megan another run in an absolutely loaded ten k deuced to seven field. As you might expect from that tournament, we had winners in the fifteen hundred dollars six Max and the six hundred dollars PLO. We might have a winner in the fifteen hundred dollars mixed.
Speaker 2: Omaha.
Speaker 1: They are heads up right now. If they get to a winner, great, we'll talk about it. If they don't get to a winner, sorry, guys, you're gonna have to get the mention on the next episode. And then, as I mentioned, we'll close things off with the mailbags stuff that you guys sent in. Really do appreciate you guys for that. As always, please tell everyone out there about the Poker News Podcast, the greatest podcast in the land. Just tell everyone out there about it. All your friends, all your family members, give us a five star rating, leave us a review, retweet the posts on social media, repost, and whatever you got to do help us grow. And of course do get your your questions, your comments, your takes, anything you disagree with me, whatever, send it all in email podcast at PokerGO dot com and I will likely dive into it on air. If you're playing PLO this summer, now is a great time to level up your game with our friends at PLO Mastermind through July fourteenth, you can save twenty percent on six month memberships and all courses. Just head to plo mastermind dot com slash poker go, pick the option that's right for you, and start learning from some of the best PLO players in the world. There is a ton of PLO action more than ever. The polo games always look incredible, whether you're playing cash games or tournament. So I would highly encourage you, guys, take advantage of some savings right now, get in those streets to study, and you know, go on and hopefully have have yourself a very successful career. Stop guessing and start winning with PLO Mastermind again. That's visit plomastermind dot com, slash poker go and save twenty percent through July fourteenth. All right, this beat, guys, I mean the situation that went down in the ten KGG millions. There are three tables remaining. There are twenty two players left. They had over six hundred entries in this tournament, a whole ton of late reg one point one just to shy a one point one million dollars for first place. Twenty two players left that they are very deep into the money. When this situation happened, and what happened was Ricky Landis gets all in. He's the shorter stack in this hand. He gets all in with ace king up against the ace nine of Bobby James. They're all in pre flop. The dealer goes to run out to the flop. The flop comes six King five four. You do not hear that wrong? I read four cards. So four cards come ripped off the deck on the flop. Everyone at the table is like, okay, dealer stops. Of course, floor gets called, floor goes up onto the feature table.
Speaker 2: Stage.
Speaker 1: This is all on the stream. It's ruled that the flop cards. So all four of those flop cards, the six, the King, the five, and the four are all going to be shuffled together and then one of them is going to be discarded at random. And guess what one that was? Of course it's the King. Why wouldn't it be the King? You know, Max drama here. So the King gets discarded. The flop is then six five four, turn eight river seven nine plays for the nine high straight for Bobby James, and Landis is out the door in twenty second place. I mean there, I've seen some freaking beats in my day and some various situations to go, I would say that this. I mean, it's first of all, it's the right ruling. Okay, so let's just get that out of the way. At first, I kind of was like, well, wait, you can see if you watch the stream, you can see the dealer make she puts the burn card down and then she makes three motions down. So she didn't do four motions down. She did three motions down. So what that tells us then, is that you know, two cards went down at one time to get us down to four. I thought, well, okay, well you know the order of the card, but do you really know the other order of the card, because it could be one of them be backwards, which which time when she went down did it have two? So a little bit confusing there. So I understand the whole shuffling up the cards and discard one. I checked with Matt Savage. He also posted it on Twitter. I saw that as well. But this is in the TDA rules. It is rule number thirty nine Irregular flops and Premature dealt Cards. Thirty nine A says four card flops if the flop has four rather than three cards exposed or not, and regardless of whether the door card is presumed presumed known, the floor will be called. The dealer then scrambles the four cards face down. The floor randomly selects one as the next burn card, and the other three are the flop. So per TDA rules, everything here was was followed to procedure. It just it just sucks when you're in that situation. If you're laying this in, this is how it ends for you.
Speaker 2: I mean, the.
Speaker 1: Only thing that comes to my mind in terms of like how a situation and then a situation and then that that falls by the bad beat could be worse was when at times we've seen where you go, people have gone all in and their cards have just been mucked and then they're just eliminated from the tournament. I mean, that absolutely sucks. Of course, this sucks pretty bad. But listen, gotta do you know, tip the cap to Ricky Landis, didn't make a stink of it, just got up, left the tournament, you know, went on with his day, seemed to take it in stride, and that's just that's that. So, I mean, I mean it sucks, of course, that's just a brutal way to go out in twenty second twenty second place. You know, you're in twenty two players left, down from six hundred and twenty seven more than a million dollars up top. You're right there in the thick of it, and then this situation goes down just absolutely wild wild stuff. Landis did take home just sh I have forty two thousand dollars for his finish that tournament. The ten k GG millions is down to the final two tables right now. They are playing to what I think is a final table today and then they're going to come back on Thursday to finish it out. So wild wild situation there. Just I mean, I can't I just can't freaking believe that that that that happened over in the ten k duce to seven no limit or no limit dus to seven. You got Phil Helmuth making a run. So Phil Helmyth we talked about it. We you know, got a nice little audio Clipper two saying that he's rich, he's famous, he has everything. Well he might have a ten k deuce to seven nolaim at bracelet because he's down to the final what is now fourteen players in this event. According to the Chip Sacks on Poker News, he's doing quite well. It looks like they did. Just do the two table redraw after Ryan Hoenik went out in fifteenth place, and Helmuth is currently sitting fourth in Chips with fourteen players are mating. A couple days ago, Helmuth finished in seventh at the ten k Omaha Hater Better Final table. That's what then sparked him to say, I'm rich, I'm famous, I have everything. From a poker standpoint, I didn't deserve to lose that tournament, but it.
Speaker 2: Is what it is. He had all that stuff to say.
Speaker 1: If you missed it, just go back in episode or two and you'll you'll hear help me talk about it. But he's in line again. He's in line again, and this this field is pretty awesome as you expect from this tournament. You got John Manette is still in there. You got Sean deeb is still in there. It's very interesting that Deeb, who has always said he's gonna ultimately catch Helmuth. They have that friendly rivalry going back and forth. There both still in I did stop by this tournament a few times before I left Paris, and you know, dee was was kind of given his little friendly his friendly jokes and jabs to his good friend Helmuth. There you got, Alex Foxon is still in the mix, ren Linn is out there, Chad eve Sledge is in there as well, Nioa Kihara, Dan Shack, and then two other players that I want to mention. First Jason Daly. So he's still in the mix. Now why am I bringing up Jason Daly's name?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: He is drafted in twenty five K Fantasy, So there's that. But Jason Daly already won a bracelet at this World Series of Poker. He won the fifteen hundred dollars Omaha High Low. So I mean we're a week and a half in and we have a chance to have a two time bracelet winner. I mean, that's pretty freaking sick. And Jason Daly is absolutely off and running. At the twenty twenty six WSOP. Another player I want to mention, and I went. When I went over there, I hadn't checked the chip counts or anything. I go over there, I'm like, all those three tables left, I'll check it out. I walk over there, I see this player. I'm like, hmm, that looks like someone I know. And you know what it looks like. It looks like John sin So Johnson. At the time, he was sitting next to Daniel Wineman, so two ws be minimum champs sitting right next to each other, deep in the money of this tournament. Daniel Wyman has since been a limited but Johnson at least as at time of recording, is still in kind of middle of the pack. Is year maybe like you know, more towards the bottom half of the pack, but still in with fourteen players left. Notable about him, you know, of course.
Speaker 2: I see him.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I haven't seen that guy in a while. Let's check his stats. You look at his Hendon mob his first cash live tournament cash, his first live tournament cash since July twenty twenty two in that tournament that he cashed in. Last was, of course, the Doubasip Main Event. Johnson notably won the wsp Man Event in twenty eighteen for eight point eight million dollars, and then let's not forget two years prior to that, twenty sixteen he finished in eleventh place for six hundred and fifty thousand dollars. So again very stacked field here. Alex fox In, Philhelmy, Sean Deeve, John Minette, Chatty Sledge, Jason Daly, who's going for bracelet number two. Johnson's in there, Dan Shack absolutely stacked field in this tournament. I hope they shed some light on this one on the stream on Thursday because that type of fuel, especially if you got Helmuth and deb Oh, that is an absolute dream scenario heads up match helm Youth versus Sean deeb that would be freaking wild. I mean, just turn turn the cameras on, Jeff Platt, I know you're listening. Turn the cameras on for that one.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a heck of a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Let's hit on our first winner to talk about today. THEO Zang won the fifteen dollars six max the fifteen six max Nolan would hold them for three hundred and forty six thousand dollars. Zang topped a field of eighteen hundred and forty entries. His first ever WSOP cash. You might have thought I was gonna say first Everbasipy bracelet, but no, first ever Wasipy cash. Of course first bracelet is well, that's pretty crazy. He did have a cash in a WSP circuit Man event that I saw on his hand him Bob, but no official WSOP cash. This is his first one. Jang is a twenty six year old PhD student from Georgia Tech. He also came second in the eleven hundred dollars two million dollars guaranteed tournament over at the Win as part of the WPT World Championship Series back in December for three hundred and fifty five thousand. So nice score here for Jang getting his first WSOP Gold raycelet. Now is the moment of truth for these guys, Chris Lee and Justin Liberto. Let's see if let's see if we got a winner in this tournament. Bang, we do hit the refresh button and it says on Poker News. Justin Liberto wins Events number fourteen fifteen hundred dollars Mixed Omaha Liberto taking home two hundred and sixty.
Speaker 2: Five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Liberto is a crusher, plays all the game very very well, getting what I believe is his second WSOP Gold bracelet in this one a little bit of a swingy heads up match between him and Chris Lee Lee ultimately finishing in second place for one hundred and seventy six thousand dollars. So congratulations there too, justin liberto somebody who I think I want to try and get on the podcast if he's willing to come on and do an interview, because he's one of those kind of younger I mean middle aged, kind of sounds old but not, you know, I feel like he's a little bit younger than me. But somebody who's kind of coming up and who I wouldn't be surprised. And let's say two, three, four, five years you know, has six seven bracelets. You know, he's got two right now. But he's somebody as long as he keeps putting in the volume could certainly start start racking up those WSOP titles, that's for sure. The third winner that we get to talk about today came from the six hundred dollars Deep Stack PLO, and that was Philip ardar Hard Deer Hard Deer I probably completely butchered that. Sorry for that, Philip, but he won the six hundred dollar PLO Deepsack for one hundred and seventy one, one thousand dollars top in a field of two thousand, six hundred and thirty six entries. Nice little nugget here from the Poker News recap, which I believe was written by It was written by Eric Torres, and I like this. I liked how he wrote it. He's got some nice quotes in there, got some nice nuggets. This one I thought stuck out. But he saw the six hundred dollars PLO on the schedule, he delayed his flight, did our dire, got an extra room night, and Bang wins the tournament. He said he used to play tournaments, but he switched to cash some time ago to help raise his kids and run his business. Well, now he dove back in to the tournament streets and comes with a gold bracelet from the World Series of Poker. Also a fun little nugget here is that he struck up a conversation at some point in the tournament with a table mate. The table mate like cigars. I guess they had, you know, a mutual enjoyment of cigars. Tablemate gave Ardire a cigar, said hey, here you go, you can light this one up when you win. And the winner photo is ard Ire with a cigar and his table mate, I guess came over with his wife just to sweat him at the end of it. So that that's a pretty cool story. You never know who you're gonna meet in a poker at the poker table, and you can become friends with those people rather quickly, which is great, great, great stuff. Speaking of friends, nice little segue here, because goes into our other friend some other events running around the horseshoe and Paris. First up, the seventeen US Circuit Championship. It's down to the final few tables. And I mentioned friend because I'm gonna call him a friend of the pod. I can do that, right. Josh Wang, our guy, josh the guy that met Tristan, met me, Tristan buy's action in him. He goes and jumps in the five k plo. Well he's still in. He is still in in the final I think forty plas in the seven dollars US Circuit Championship. So good on josh Wang, our friend. Josh I found out his last name is Wang, josh Wang. So if you see Josh Wang he goes by, he has like a weird screen name in the app, so you won't be able to tell. I forget what it is. It starts the G. I know that it's a G something. I think the last letter. Her numbers are thirty three, and it has the Chinese flag on it. But that's Josh Wang. So we're rooting for Josh Wang this summer, and it looks like he's doing pretty well for himself over in this US Circuit Championship. Chip leader in that one right now is Daniel Marcus. Covered him a bit in the recent year or two. Good player, tough player. I've played a lot with him as well. He's the current chip leader right now. But you know, we'll get down to this tournament a little bit more on the on the final day. What I do want to mention about this tournament is that I played it. Put two bullets in this thing. The first one ended with me picking up right where I left off last summer. If you guys remember I busted the WSP main event in one hundred and sixty third place when my Kings went down in a blaze of glory to somebody's Ace Queen. The guy absolutely punted it off, but got there anyway. First ball. At this time, I bust with Kings to Ace Jack. So Kings just do it doing wonders for me over here at the World Series of Poker. Got it all in on my second bullets with threes versus Ace ten suited believe it was up against I believe his name is Ian Cohen won the Seminal hard Rock Tournament recently, the big one down in Florida. He busted me with a ten versus my threes. Thought I played well, had a very very questionable spot. That's it's one of those hands where I know if so here's the thing, if I if I if let's say what this was last summer and Tim Duckworth was on the pod with me and he told me this hand. I would probably be screaming at him like that, that's how this hand is. And I mean I opened tens under the gun off I think twenty seven twenty eight big blinds, A guy off sixteen big blinds in the hijack seat. I'm in raised. He makes it four point twenty five big blinds on the three bed off, sixteen bigs folds back to me. I have two tens. I mean, I thought for like forty five seconds and I just decided to fold. And I know, here's the thing. I know that if you look this one up in a solver, and I did look it up afterwards, but I knew it in the moment that I just go all in here that's the play. But this is where I decided to go exploit versus what this solver says, because I'm just like, like off sixteen bigs, like this guy should be like just three bed jamming like everything except for like aces, kings, maybe queens, maybe some king suited and like the sliver of bluffs that he has. Like sure, there might be a couple bluffs in there that can three bet fold, but I mean, I don't know, I don't I don't feel like these players are are doing that. I mean, I feel like this is one of those spots where I just have to trust the experience that this guy's gonna show me two kings. Like all the f and time he had not gotten out of ligne once that I had been playing with him for two hours or so, seemed just kind of your standard player. So yeah, I mean, maybe that's just an absolutely wretched fold by me. I just I do struggle with this spot in general in that I think the theory dictates that your hand is just too good to fold, so you just go all in under the assumption that they do have some bluffs, even if it's a small sliver of bluffs. But then on the other side. I'm like, these people usually just have the hands, Like like, so maybe I'm crazy for just going exploit there, and like maybe I'm nuts, but I figure out whatever, I committed two big blinds to this spot. I mean, this is stupid of me folding, but I'm just gonna fold. I don't know, maybe I'm just a wild man. I'm sure plenty of people that hear this will tell me I'm a stone cold idiot.
Speaker 2: But that's fine.
Speaker 1: You living your learning, you move on. But I also feel like at this stage of where I'm at in my poker career, I have to do a lot of trusting my experience through these situations and in this type of tournament against the person that I profiled this player as I think this is just a fold, Like, I mean, my thing is like maybe he does this with some ace king suited, but also like he probably just jams ace king suited. He jams the ace king's off, like he jams nine's eight like off sixteen bigs, Like he just jams all these hands. So like I don't, like, I'm just like, what is why is.
Speaker 2: He just three betting?
Speaker 1: Like he's gonna three bet fold off sixteen bigs? I mean, I guess maybe, but like that would require him being able to bluff like an eight five suited or something, and I just don't I don't know. I just don't really see it, you know, especially because I was under the gun, so he should also be higher up in his range, just given the positions that I play here.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. Maybe I'm just.
Speaker 1: A lunatic, and you know, that's my first bad hand of the summer, so shoot me. I don't know, but yeah, I guess. Let me know your thoughts, what you think. And if I'm an idiot, I mean, so be it. I'll take it. At the end of the day, I'll just have to, you know, learn from that stuff and move on. I will run it by my coach, see what he says. He's probably gonna want to punch me. But yeah, that's that. Had a couple other questionable hands I won't really get into, but I thought I played them well in the moment, but you know, you always kind of question afterwards, Like there was one spot where I want a hand, but I was like, did I win the maximum? There was another hand where I lost a hand, but did I play it well? So I kind of had you know, all sides of things covered in terms of how I was thinking and where I could have possibly made mistakes. But I did look things up afterwards and everything seemed in line with what I should be doing, So I'm ultimately happy with it, and yeah, felt good being out there. I will tell you that the fields are juicy boys and girls. So if you're coming out for the summer, get ready, because it's going to be a lot of fun. Quickly touch on the ten KGG millions once again, they're almost at a final table. Wanted to point out that John Raisner is still in I talked about it on this podcast. I really really like him for as a fantasy pick for this summer, so if you got him on your ODB team, he is somebody who I think is going to do great, great stuff this summer. He is someone who I think always gets kind of overlooked for, like a Player of the Year contender. And then knowing John Raisner is going to be out here all summer, which some recent summers, you know, due to having family and whatever, you know, kind of was just making trips out here, and I remember last summer he made his first trip out here. Gets out the plane, enters the Super Turbo and just wins that bracelet. So that was a crazy start there. You know, now that he's going to be out here said he ranted a house for the whole summer. He's got his family out here. Like, I think he's a great, great pick for fantasy. So if you do have him on any of your fantasy teams, so or you're even thinking about somebody, who can you know who's gonna play a lot of big stuff. He's a very good player, can play all the games. He's gonna be obviously putting in the volume. And now that he's got the full schedule locked in and he's out here, you know, but somebody who's not a Sean Dee or a Daniel mcgron, you, et cetera, in terms of like what you think they might do for the Player of the Year race, you know, don't be surprised if John Rasner is hoisting that title when things are all said and done.
Speaker 2: This year, you.
Speaker 1: Had the fifty hundred dollars Monster Stack kicking off. You had the twenty five K high Roller kicking off. The twenty five K high Roller this year does have two starting flights, and you also had the fifteen hundred dollars Dealer's Choice that began today as well, very early in these tournaments, day stay one and for the Monster Stack and the high Roller. The Monster Stack has four starting flights, plus each starting flight has a day two, so it's it's pretty wild how this structure is made like today er yesterday, because you're listening to this on Thursday. It kicked off with Day one A and then I think Day one B is tomorrow, but also sorry, Day one B is tomorrow, but also Day two A is on Thursday, so it's kind of tricky how that all works out. You can put two bullets in each flight. I am planning for two bullets on Saturday.
Speaker 2: That should be the biggest flight. It would very likely be the biggest plight.
Speaker 1: It'll probably be an absolute gong show in there can't wait. I have always wanted to play this tournament. I have never played it, just because the time it takes to play this one is quite long. But this year, with a little bit more of a relaxed schedule on my side of things, I am going to be diving into the Monster Stack for the first time and I'm very much looking forward to it. All right, Mail back time. I was hoping you guys would answer the call and get some questions in.
Speaker 2: You did.
Speaker 1: I'm going to do my best to answer everything that came in. If I didn't get to your question or I missed it, I do apologize. Maybe fire it again and I'll see if I can get to it first. One is from Mark Rosen. He said, would love if you could do a segment on moving cash in and out of the WSOP and the new WSP app. I'm an American. If I were come out to Vegas with plans to play a couple events, do I need to fly out with a full bag of cash? Can I look at a bank account? Can I do everything on the app? A quick tutorial would be great. So before I answer this, this is my understanding of everything I would. I would encourage you to check the WSOP Live app, go to WSP dot com, and make sure that you get all the official information on there. I also did speak with Jeff Platt before I'm about to say this, just to make sure that I kind of had my understanding of things.
Speaker 2: Now. I also will say that I just do cash.
Speaker 1: You know, I some cash out, I go down there, I put it on my account, and that's how I do it. Once you're verified through THESP live app, it's just easy. You just go into the the registration or the room or whatever it is. It's down one of the hallways at Paris.
Speaker 2: You go in. You just go up to the cage.
Speaker 1: You tell me you want to make a deposit to your WSP Live account. You give them your ID, give them the money. They put it on there, you sign cool.
Speaker 2: You're good to go.
Speaker 1: You can start firing into tournaments. That process is super smooth. You know, it was smooth last year. It's smooth once again this year. I waited in line for all of like three minutes. You know, there was a couple of people ahead of me, a couple of people were getting payouts, but it was very very fast. You can use ah, You can use Lux and pay Lux on pay got approved kind of a week or two before the series. I know a lot of people are using that. You can also use PayPal. I think PayPal comes with a small fee, so just be aware of the fees. Debit and credit card are available, and then also, as I said, you can do cash. Those are those are my understanding of what you can do for the payment. You must verify your account in person. And then once you do that and you're clear to go, you click all the different you know things in the app agreements or whatever. You can just start firing the money in and then you buy tickets, you know, to the tournament through your app. It's also really cool like when I when I busted the I mean not that it's cool to bus, but when I busted the seventeen hundred circuit thing. You know, you just wait for the dealer to tap you out and you just you can stand there for all thirty seconds. You press the button to register, it gives you your seat card. You just walk to the next seat. It's super super fast and efficient. It's it's just absolutely incredible. If you cash, you can have that money deposited right back into your account. Then you can just use it going forward. So let's see you come out. You play the Monster Stack, for example, you cash for ten k. You know, when you go to collect your payout, they give you the different options and you can say, you know, just put it back on my account. The put it back on your account and you're good to go. It is also my understanding that you can only withdraw from that account one time. So normally that's whenever you're just leaving Vegas or at the end of the summer, whatever it may be. But you can always kind of go back in there and put more money on. Last year I went in there for a second time to put you know, some more money for to top up to play the main event, right, so you can, you know, you can put.
Speaker 2: Money on as you go.
Speaker 1: But I've seen a couple of places, or a couple of people say online. I've also heard from a couple of people that you can only withdraw once. You can't just like keep going in there. And it's not like a bank account, right, you can't just keep going in there. It's just the tournament account. So hopefully I answered all your stuff there, Mark, and hopefully that was informative. If not, just you know, tweeted Jeff Platt, and he'll he'll help you on the way. DKSM nine to nine asked what's the most prestigious non no limit hold them a fifteen hundred dollars event. In my opinion, I have three of them that are in the running, and I think this is the correct order. Number one most prestigious is the fifteen hundred dollars Dealer's Choice. Number two is the fifteen hundred dollars eight game Mix, and number three is the fifteen hundred dollars Horse And you'll see a theme there, multiple game formats for one event that forces a player to be well prepared. They have to be well rounded, They have to be able to adapt as the games change, you know. With the Dealer's Choice specifically, you know, not only are you playing multiple games, and likely the most multiple games out of all those different tournaments, you have to make strategic game selections against your opponents. Also, like you can you can make certain game selections based on the stage of the tournament or where your stack size is, and that's what or where your opponent's tax sizes are. You can do all that, you also have to adapt on the fly to whatever your opponents are picking. So I would say that the fifteen hundred dollars Dealer's Choices is the most prestigious one out of the bunch. Now, the eight game Mix, you know, that does cover the core rotation of a lot of the mixed games, you know, and it's not just the limit games. It does include some big bet games. So you know, that's that's closer. It's not exactly, but it's closer to the fifteen hundred dollars version of the Poker Players Championship. The PBC is a nine game format, so this is one short and then with Horse. Listen the fifteen Horse. Out of these three games, I think that one gets the most entries for sure. It's also the most historic and traditional mixed game format.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I know there has been kind of a movement in the last year or two about taking Horse and changing it to tours, right, you know, but there's still a bit of support for fifteen hundred dollars Horse, just just really due to the history of the event. You know, a horse mix is most commonly spread. I would think, you know, pretty much everywhere if you're thinking about a mixed game format, and it's always hard to kind of go against history, right, So I could say some people making the argument that is rooted in the tradition of things here, but I would say fifteen hundred dollars Dealer's Choices first, fifteen hundred dollars a game is second, and fifteen hundred dollars Horse would be third. In terms of raking most prestigious on download, Those are my top three, allow me to tell you guys that a new season of High Sakes Poker is streaming now on poker Go. Just head to pokerg dot com or download the poker Go app to watch poker's most iconic cash game. It is back and it is freaking glorious. Kevin Harts in the mix, Sam Keiky, Andrew Robl, Alan Keating, Jennifer Tilly's out there, Doug Polk, Santos, Servanna, just an absolutely great cast of characters from start to finish. And if you're new to poker gro or if you want to upgrade, use promo code HSP sixteen to get thirty dollars off your first year.
Speaker 2: Of a new annual plan.
Speaker 1: And then if you're looking to play some free online poker, then check out play poker Go, the official online poker game of poker Go. Just visit play pokerg dot com slash broadcast sorry not broadcast, play poker dot com slash podcast excuse me, and you will get a free one hundred thousand gold bonus to help kickstart your bankroll again. That's playpokergo dot com slash podcast to claim your free bonus and start playing. David Fennigsun. I probably butchered your last name, so I'm sorry, David. He was wondering all about my thoughts on the power, slash prestige of the WSIP brand versus the other properties for non championships chip events. Do you think making a final table of a five hundred to a five k WSIP bracelet event carries any more weight or value than one at Ari win, Venetian, et cetera, if the prize money is comparable. I mean, listen, I'll say it once. I've said it before, I'll say it again. WIP is always going to carry more weight.
Speaker 2: In my opinion. It just is.
Speaker 1: It's the biggest, best series in poker. It's the most historic series in poker. It's the longest running, you know, it's got all that sort of stuff. So in my opinion, that's going to carry the most weight. It's the strongest brand in the game. If you win a WSOP event and you get a bracelet, you know, that's the most recognized trophy in the game, Like so much so that other places have tried to replicate giving bracelets as trophies, you know, like, and that's also conversation. You know, I've been in the various rooms, and people want to they want to give bracelets, you know, they want to copy the World Series of Poker. Well, you know, imitation is the highest for more flattery, and you know you're trying to imitate the best.
Speaker 2: You're trying to be like the best.
Speaker 1: Now if you want to get into you know, just making the final table, I think the gap starts to narrow a little bit there, you know, But even there, it's it's always going to be like I made aubas a p Fie table versus I made x venue final table, you know. I mean, at the end of the day, I think it might sting a little less when you get the same amount of money. But also like you were so you might say, oh, I was so close to a bracelet, you know. So it's it's it really is about the bracelet. It's about the w SIP brand. I mean, I also think that some of the some of this question can be answered just by looking at the numbers. You know, there's a reason that comparable events at the same time of year, they you know, they always have larger turnouts at the World Series of Poker because people wait and value the WZP brand much more I mean that's just how they are. So yeah, I mean I think I think bracelet wins genuinely matter more because you know, poker has collectively decided that they do, like that is what we have decided for you know, fifty plus years. And you know, prestige is is partly due to social construct. You know, bracelets have They've accumulated all all of the history, all of the meaning, all the gravitas. You know, they've accumulated all of that for more than fifty years, and that's something that's hard to buck. You know, you can't buck history. So yeah, I think they do carry a bit more weight. At the end of the day, You'll probably be able to sleep if you make a final table anywhere and you get a hunter K, no matter where that hunter K came from, you know, But if it's a WASP event, you can say, yeah, I made a WSB final table, So I think that that does carry some weight. Michael Larimer, I'm excited to come to the w s EP later this summer, but I'm curious how are the vibes. Is there less excitement in the air with field sizes declining, or does it feel bigger and better than ever? I would say it feels a little bit better than last year. I think, I think a lot of the things feel the same, but I think the move from like taking the main stage from Horseshoe over to Paris, making that thing as large as they made it, as big and extravagant as it turned out to be, I think that does make it feel really cool in there.
Speaker 2: I saw.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's kind of like a slight upgrade. You know, the vibes are still good. You know, everyone's competitive, you know, but everyone's you know, showing a lot of camaraderie rate to each other. So yeah, I mean, I listen during the summer, I only really go to the World Series of Poker. I know there's a lot of stuff going around around town. Maybe there are different vibes elsewhere. I just show up at the soop and yeah, I think it's great. We've got a lot of really good stuff, you know, kind of building early on. You know, you had the big twenty k field and that many mystery millions, so that helps to kind of build the story early on. You already had a final table from Phil Helmy, you had a second place finish, a close close to brace the number eight for Nick Shulman, like things are really starting to build. So I think the vibes are really good. You know, everything's pretty positive. I do also think that you know, I know, last year GG Poker own the WSIP for that summer, but this year, you know, you can really see their fingerprints on things, and I think that that shows and that's it's a positive ultimately, and people say, Okay, this is really cool. You know, they are investing a lot into the ws A p which is also ultimately investing a lot into poker. So I think that all just kind of raises everything there. Alex Quinn asking what's my poker story? Well, he asked what's your poker story? But he's talking about me who helped you in the beginning. Also, how did you know you wanted to work in the industry. Finally, any job openings? Job openings, I don't think so, I mean, I I'm not joking. I mean, I don't think we're hiring right now. But if you have a resume, I mean, fire it over to me. You can just fire it to the same email. I'll take a look and worst case, we just have something on file that if you know which we have a couple of people on file, people have done similar sort of things, and we you know, we just file it away and if stuff comes up, then we reach out, right, you know. For example, heading into the summer wor working as the production team for the World Series of Poker, still in partnership with them, we had to hire many more people than we ever had before. So Alex, you know, had we had your your resume on file, maybe we would have reached out. My poker story is, I remember sitting in my dorm room at Barton College, which was the first school that I went to before I transferred to Elon University, and talked with one of my friends, one of my good friends, Steve, you know, kind of regularly. He ended up telling me about Texas hold him about how him and the guy's back home found out about this game. They started playing it that Day's like, when you come back for your next break, we're gonna play. It's gonna be awesome. That's what we did. You know, first we started it was it was like, literally, okay, everyone go to the bank, get five to ten bucks in pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters, and we played with actual change on the kitchen table. And then from there, like if you put a dollar bill in the pot, you were like, that was a big ass bat. Right from there, we were like, you know what, let's buy some chips. We bought those crappy plastic chips with the little wedges on the side. You buy it like Walmart, they like locked together, super thin and flimsy. So we bought those, played with those for a while, and then we graduated to like a three hundred or five hundred chip set, you know, nice clay chips, and that's what we played with. So that's how I got into it. Then, you know, we started watching it on TV. We would play like that was on Poker was on ESPN, and it was on once a week, I think it was Tuesday nights was the night back then, and you know, we would we would play some poker. We would watch it on TV, play a little bit more poker, and then you know, go home. At this time, I found on the internet like the reports from card Player at the time, and I was like, oh, man, like I'm and I remember I had to I had to keep it from my friends that I knew who was gonna win.
Speaker 2: Because I did.
Speaker 1: They didn't want me to spoil it. But I knew, but I was. I was sucked in.
Speaker 2: I was glued to it.
Speaker 1: I went, I transferred schools, I was at university. Then I was playing online, you know, going to school, but mostly just playing poker on the side, doing what I could to get by in terms of like graduating and just playing a bunch of poker. Poker blogs not vlogs, blogs, writing it all out. That was a big thing at the time, and I was like, you know what, I can do this. I feel like I can write, you know, I think I know poker. Like, let's start a blog. Started a blog. I ended up sharing it with somebody that I played with regularly on Full tilt. Shout out to Steven Know and he said, you know, you seem to write pretty well about the game. It seems like you kind of understand like how to put poker into words, so you should maybe reach out to Who's John Caldwell who was running the Poker News team at the time. I got in touch with him. Next thing, you know, I'm working at the twenty eight two thousand and eight World Series of Poker as a blogger, and you know, I know they call him like Live Updates team now or live reporters now. Back then it was it was a different structure of the team. We had field reporters and we had bloggers. The field reporters were the ones that went out into the field with pen and paper. They caught all the action, They wrote down chip counts, they wrote down hands.
Speaker 2: They would go.
Speaker 1: Back to the bloggers who we were just seated at a desk with our computers, people with the like we would like. I'd be a blogger at a desk with my computer. I'd have a section where, like, you know, anywhere from between one to three field reporters would be out covering. They would all come back to me with what they have. They would give it to me. I would put it in a stack, and that stack would build. I'd take one off the stack, I'd write the hand up, you know, throw it out, and then just keep going through. So that's how I got started two thousand and eight. I won't go much further into that, but I will just say that, you know, started a poker news, worked my way up to editor in chief there, jumped over to run marketing as part of the World Poker Tour team, and then from there spent a little bit of time in the sports bedding industry. I didn't really like it. I wanted to come back to poker and here I am working for Poker grow Ry. Gillion is the last one that we have here. He says, my question is about timing for the YouTube broadcast for the w SP this year. Bluntly, the nine thirty to ten thirty PM star time here on the East Coast is rough. Listenman, I used to be an East Coaster. I can understand the West Coast is the best coast when it comes to times, you know, to watch something like this, but also to watch sports. You know, sports starts super late if you're on the East Coast. I don't really know how people do it, but you know, being out here on Pacific time is definitely the best in my opinion. Ray goes on to say, from what I can glean, these delays are anywhere between three to five hours. I think they're a little bit lower than that. I think they're more like two to three hours, not three to five. In the past, the window used to be much shorter. On one hand, protecting the player of players and extending the delay.
Speaker 2: As a positive.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, the length of the delay makes it really tough for me to consume the content when it airs. I'm basically, you know, just kind of asking why this is happening this till it's just the way that the broadcast is being done. Everything is being sent off to get I guess edited or put together. I should say for the live show, that does take some time. No matter what, they have to operate on a thirty minute delay, just because those are the regulations in Nevada. You can't go lower than that. You know, a lot of times when when we do stuff on Poker Go, we do start with two hour delays and then we kind of chop the delay down. It gets shorter and shorter and shorter because we chop out breaks and just try and you know, give everyone full action as opposed to having you know, a ten minute break in their fifteen minute break in there or whatever. And then you know, by the end of a stream, oftentimes we'll get down to the point where we have to run breaks because we're at that thirty minute window. But there's just a lot that's going into the broadcast this year, they really are true trying to do a whole ton of stuff more, you know, under under the.
Speaker 2: New ownership of GG Poker.
Speaker 1: You know, they're trying to cover multiple tables, they're trying to kind of piece it all together so it looks seamless for what you guys see, and also like there's things like you got to cut in Jeff's interviews, you know, Jeff, Jeff Platt's running around talking to different players and tables and all.
Speaker 2: This sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: So so yeah, I mean, listen, it's not fun to have to deal with a later start time. I would guess that some of that might be just the early stuff here. The heads up one the twenty five K heads up, was that the thing just started late for all the rounds that they wanted to cover, like that was really it was an anomaly. And I think as they go, you know, things are going to kind of adjust a little bit more because ultimately, you know, they want eyeballs, you know, I do believe that, And if you're gonna be able to hit more prime time windows, which does include the East Coast, then you're gonna need to go a little bit earlier here. So I think, you know, work in progress, but I would imagine, you know, we're only a week and two days in or whatever it is, so it it'll get better. It'll get better, for sure. But you know, I do understand. I have friends on the East Coast who are kind of like, man, it's it's kind of hard to watch that late. I mean, even myself here being on Pacific time, like, it's hard for me to kind of watch late. You know, there's stuff going on right now and it's twelve thirty am. But you know, I'm going to wrap up this podcast and go to sleep. But it's it's not the easiest when it's this late. The other side of things is that, you know, it's called the World Series of Pogers.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't look at all time zones, but what's the best time to run something when you can capture as much of the global viewing audience as possible. I don't really know, but yeah, another thing I would say is that they have been running for the past couple of days. I've seen they basically rerun the live stream in the morning, so you can always just watch that. I mean, I know it's not fun to have to like shut your phone off and not go on social media and avoid spoilers and whatever. I get it, But yeah, I think work in progress and it'll get better as it goes along in terms of that time and or at least hopefully it does. If not, we can all just yell at Jeff Black because at the end of the day, it's his decision, right, and that's how it is. I think that's gonna do it for me. Don't really have much else to talk about. Actually one shout out. Jarrett came over to me while I was playing the US Circuit Championship the other day, said hello, wish me good luck. Good luck to you as well, sir. Hopefully you ran deep in that event. If you didn't, hopefully you go on to do some big things this summer.
Speaker 2: But that's that for me. My name is Donni Peters.
Speaker 1: I got nothing else to talk about, So I'm gonna show you guys on your way and we'll talk to you the next time. H