Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick coffee.
Speaker 2: Better late than never, right, maybe the latest we've ever started the five o'clock hour, but you know, it happens.
Speaker 3: Sometimes we'll finish strong.
Speaker 2: It is coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Thank you for hanging out with us. A big discussion we've had throughout the show so far today is one of the I was gonna say, I was actually thinking about it, really spinning my wheels on it, not really sure how to like, you don't know what you could be missing without Ali Khalifa because he's never played for Louisville, but him being ineligible and now Louisville needing an appeal to be successful for him to be able to play this year is it's a pretty it's a pretty scary situation.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Again, hard to know for sure what you're missing when you didn't get to see him play. Same thing was said about Corn Johnson, right like, he played in what two games? But clearly you know you lose out on having depth and there's a lot to like about Ali Khalifa as far as what you believe he can do, and there's really no way to know until he actually gets out there. And now we don't know if that's going to happen. But he found out I guess within the last twenty four hours that the appeal. I guess the waiver that he put in requesting an extension on his five year clock was denied. And I didn't, you know, I asked if there was any I did to speak to somebody with UVEL earlier to day, just to try to get some clarification. And you know, when they deny your waiver, it doesn't sound like there's any real big explanation, you know, I mean it, It just was denied. And he has red shirted twice in his career. Once was an injury red shirt, which was this past season, and then also his first year when he arrived at college at Charlotte, he.
Speaker 3: Did not play.
Speaker 2: It was a red shirt, but it was not medical. As to what it was, I don't know. But he's only played in three years of college. He's only played three years of college basketball. And he's not someone that is, you know, looking for a sixth or seventh year. He's looking to play a fourth year of college sports, which is what it's always supposed to have been, and there are many guys playing fifth, sixth year and some of the reasoning behind their waivers. I mean, let's be honest, I'm glad that it worked out because it's benefited Louisville with guys like Cason Pryor and Javon Hadley with the JUCO thing, but like that's not I mean, I get why the why the courts decided that the NCAA didn't have the ability to tell somebody that because they played junior college that they now get a fresh four year start.
Speaker 3: So again I get it.
Speaker 2: However, I mean, if that's the case, you could go play nai for four years and then enter college at twenty two and then play And again, I'm not advocating that all this should be allowed, but there's been a lot of fighting with the NCUBA with these waivers and hiring lawyers taking it to court. The nc DOUBLEA lose as often, and we haven't got there yet with Khalifa, but they're appealing it and he has a lawyer, and.
Speaker 3: I just.
Speaker 2: If it wasn't the nc DOUBLEA and we didn't know of the history they have with just being insanely unpredictable, inconsistent, just deciding, hey, we're doing this because and that's the way it is. We don't have a reason. Just deal with it. I mean, there's been years of that to where like that's what I'm worried about. What gives me some hope is that you just hope that they'll do the right thing, and you'll hope that somebody within the NCAA will review his appeal and realize, of all the players that are trying to stick around in college as long as they can, this is the last guy we should make an example of and say no, you're done. I mean, he got surgery last year, couldn't play, and then he played two years at Charlotte, one year at BYU, so he played his first year, and then he didn't play this past year in a five year window. So this rule has been around a long time. If you'd have told me this morning that that year five year clock, meaning you get four years, I'm sorry, you get five years to play four If you'd have told me this morning randomly that that no longer existed, I totally believe you, because not because I remember any story of it, not being a thing, but like, think about how many guys you watch and girls for that matter, in college that you know have played a long time, longer than four, Like they played five seasons. And to me, that's like the old that's the ultimate. Two things that really just seem like I can't believe they denied it, Like they couldn't have even looked at a situation because of these two things. Specifically, one, he's not fighting to play a fifth year. He's just fighting to play a fourth year, like you're all like most guys often do. There are guys in their sixth year that have played that are still eligible to play, Like, make it make sense now. The other one, the other thing, that's just an obvious and I mean a real obvious I guess, just something they didn't they didn't look at. But like it makes no sense that the year that he did not play and he red shirted in two thousand and twenty and twenty one, the year where we tried to have sports with very few fans, there constant testing, a lot of games not taking place because of COVID restrictions and whatnot. That year didn't count for anybody.
Speaker 3: That played. Ali Khalifa didn't play and it counts for him. Makes no sense.
Speaker 2: It's a free year. He was in school but did not play, and that's being used against him in his five year clock. Makes zero sense. So like, looking at those two things, the fact that he's only played three years, he's not trying to get a sixty year of on court action, and the fact that one of the years that you're claiming is the clock for him didn't count for anybody. By all accounts, that was not No one used any eligibility at all that year, So how could he be out of time? It just makes it's ridiculous. So again, the more I yell about it, the more I'm just thinking somebody will have some common sense and look at this situation and say, yeah, appeal.
Speaker 3: Granted, he can easily play. This is from.
Speaker 2: One of the field of sixty eight writers covering college basketball. He shared Louisville's statement and said this quote, what are we doing here? The five year clock shouldn't include the twenty twenty twenty twenty one season since it didn't count anyways, that's crazy. If Khalifa doesn't get his appeal accepted, he deserves better than this, Like no one could claim the NCAA is doing the right thing here, no one and if you are, you're just a hater and you're just probably trolling. And that's fine, I get it, that happens. But the constant stories every day in the news cycle of guys being twenty seven on their sixth year, somehow still obtaining eligibility and yet he can't play.
Speaker 3: It's nonsense.
Speaker 2: Now, the statement says this University of loubwmen's basketball student.
Speaker 3: Athlete Ali Khalifa. Ali Khalifa's request.
Speaker 2: For an extension of his five year clock that would allow him to utilize his fourth and final season of eligibility was denied by the nc DOUBLEA. The University of Louisville is appealing that decision and believes that Ali has a strong case that warrants an additional year. After earning his bachelor's degree, Ali continues to work towards a master's degree at the university while preparing for the twenty twenty five twenty six season. The more I think about it, the more upset I get. And it's just so stupid. It's just so so stupid. All right again, it is coffee and Company, and we are fueled by Thornton's. As you likely know as a member of the Refresher Awards program, you're going to save money every time.
Speaker 3: You get gas.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure there are others that offer some type of savings. When I say others, I just assume you know, there's others out there trying to compete with Thornton's. Good luck, though it'd be tough to do. I'm not possible in my opinion. But are they giving you twenty five cents off once per week? Probably not, So take advantage. Also, take advantage of all the delicious food items. They've got cheese sticks now, and I don't mean actually, let me ask you this, Austin. You're a fellow foodie. When I say cheese stick, what are you thinking of?
Speaker 3: Like, describe it like a like a mozzarella cheese stick.
Speaker 2: So mozzarella stick and a cheese stick I think are different. Okay, because the cheese stick is like, you know, I guess more so cheese bread. But the way that it's sliced, it's it's, you know, like it's like a stick.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Because they don't have me they don't have monzarella sticks to my knowledge. But they've got like cheese bread that is cut into like little thin sticks that you dip in mozzarella sauce. Right, Okay, so they don't just have pizza. They've got that now too. I mean I think they're I think they're called cheese sticks. But I know when I say cheese stick, everybody was gonna think what Austin thoughts. So I'm trying to trying to clarify. But yeah, I went there for breakfast yesterday. I mean I'm there every day, so it's it's home. I mean, you probably went with what I go with, and that's the sausage, egg and cheese croissant.
Speaker 3: With the bacon egg ands. Okay, you can't go wrong there.
Speaker 2: But have you seen how they have Like now, I get it, they've had donuts there forever, but the ba the BAKERI is now back open and they're preparing the fresh donuts, and man, it is a sight to behold when they put that, Like it's just a beautiful thing to look at. When they put an entire tray within like the in the whatever you call it, like the door you open up and they're all glazed perfectly, just sitting there in nice, beautiful rows and it just looks delicious. I mean, obviously.
Speaker 4: There's somebody dedicated back. Oh yeah, like that's their job.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: It's not the it's not the cashier running back and forth and get caught up. Someone is dedicated to bringing you that warm, glazy doughnut experience.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: They're they're there to provide fresh, quality food. And I will say the industry as a whole has has certainly changed over the years, but I always give a lot of credit to Thornton's for changing that stigma. Because ten years ago you brought up eating food made prepared at a gas station. I'm not talking about snacks or anything. I'm talking like food that is made and prepared at a gas station slash convenience store. People would think like, oh, I can't do that. I may have to, you know, be close to a bathroom after I eat something like that. That's not the case anymore. And I'm you know, I don't know where credit totally belongs, but I'm giving it all to Thorntons because you know, that's what I'm gonna do. That's what I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Do, all right.
Speaker 2: So let's see, we kind of need to get to a break just to keep this thing on track. But I do think real quick, there's one more thing that I that I can get too quickly here before we take a time out. So this is just something you don't often probably think about, but it is crazy. So there's a new updated chart with SEC football programs. The most severance that they that was paid in twenty twenty four, meaning the amount of money being I mean to me, that's that's the amount of money being paid out to coaches who you know, got buyouts that are no longer still coaching there. And I mean I remember this. I just haven't thought about it in a while. But when A and M fired Jimbo Fisher, like his buyout was insane, I mean.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's crazy.
Speaker 2: So the chart, again it's a visual you'd have to actually, you know, be looking at it. And this is this is still an audio medium. But they paid over twenty five million dollars in twenty twenty four in severn spending. So in fact, twenty seven million, twenty seven point five million is what they paid out for football staffers, mostly Jimbo to not coach because they had their contracts bought out. In second place, is Auburn at ten point eight, So I mean, is there any doubt that when it comes down to who has to when who when you really got to dig deep and you gotta go to the war chest, round up whoever is affiliated a fan that's got deep pockets. I feel like A and M has proven throughout various instances in recent years that they got the bag, and it's a bigger bag than anybody else. I mean, I don't even think there's many programs that could even do that, like they simply like, for example, and this isn't a knock on Kentucky. I'm just using this as an example, like Mark Pope, Mark Mark Stoops, I mean, and Cal for that matter, Like the biggest thing about those two guys, Like it wouldn't shock you if at the end of that year when Kentucky lost to Saint not Saint Peter's but Oakland, Like it wouldn't have been a surprise if you found out that Mitch Barnhart wanted to fire cow right, because that's like a really unacceptable loss, and you had two of them in three years, and clearly things had just gotten stale. But the only reason it never was going to be a real possibility, and everybody knew it was because of the money, but his buyout wasn't what Jimbo Fishers was. And I don't even know what Mark stoops Is buyout is. And I'm not sure that Barnhart would ever want to fire him, but like if he did, I think what would keep him from doing it after last year when they were four and eight probably would have been the money. So I uh, you know, Louisville, for the most part, I feel like has done well with nil and both basketball and football. Like, let's be real, we're not the richest, but in this new world, and we're relatively new into this new world. On the UFL side, there haven't been many, if any, big stories of like, well, we're at a disadvantage because we don't have the money that this program has. I'm sure there's been guys that win elsewhere because we didn't have the money and we would or we wouldn't match it because we know our budget. So I'm not acting like it's never happened. But you know, for the most part, so far, we've been able to kind of manage and navigate in this new world as best as we can. And it's not been a real issue as far as feeling like, yeah, we don't have the pockets that others have.
Speaker 3: But clearly there are some programs out there.
Speaker 2: That have billionaire donors and you know alum that will we'll pay whatever, because they seemingly have endless amounts of money, and man, they love their college program and they'll do anything to help it succeed. And I would love to know the breakdown of who all like, how that all like, who decided to put up what to get rid of?
Speaker 3: Jimbo Fisher.
Speaker 2: All right, quick break, we'll keep it rolling along here in the five o'clock hour. It's coffee and Company fuel about Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to coffee and company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: We got about thirty minutes left here on a Thursday afternoon.
Speaker 3: Thanks for hanging out with us.
Speaker 2: I was going to tell you a beautiful Thursday, which it was when I walked in, but I don't know if that's.
Speaker 3: Still the case. I always.
Speaker 2: Always lose track oft time and realize that, you know, temperature around here can change pretty quickly. I hope it doesn't rain, though, because I know there's a lot of folks that are probably going to be heading out to Churchill Downs for the night racing. I've got my wife has some family in town from California. I know they're going to be heading out there. So hopefully the weather with the weather does does cooperate. Is there There's not like any big concert going on in town? Is the or do you know Austin Not that I know of right now, No, because it seems like there's there's the I know hotels in downtown. I only know this because I went through and booked our our hotel for Saturday. My wife and I are having our little staycation anniversary night with on Saturday.
Speaker 3: And when I went into and.
Speaker 2: I usually would never go to a hotel to book a reservation, but we had a gift card to one of them, and I didn't know how to use it online. So they'd mentioned, you know, basically that Saturday worked out well because it would be a lot cheaper than what it is the rest of the week because every hotel is booked up, and I'm thinking for what, like what's what's what would be? I didn't know of any like big event going on, so I know Kevin Hart was supposed to be coming to town.
Speaker 3: Did you see that guy postponed? I got postponed? Do we know why?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's pretty rare, is it not to have a I mean I kind of feel like that. You don't often see those events get postponed without I mean unless something something happened as far as like an illness or whatever it may be. And maybe that's so, And that's what I was gonna That's kind of what I was going to mention, is that, like usually if that happens, I would say that it could be because they're gonna need a little bit more time. Yeah, Like I'm looking right here. I just put in Kevin Hart postponed Louisville and says here that his performance at the Palace, originally scheduled for May seventeenth, has been pushed back to September twenty seventh. Also, there was one in Grand Rapids that has been has been canceled within the last couple of days. So I don't know if he's having a tough time, you know, selling tickets, but I would and saw him. I've only been to one stand up show in like an arena. Honestly, I've been in the improv a few times and really liked it. When the improv used to do you ever go to the improv at four Street? Did you know that it was here?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they they used.
Speaker 2: To get some pretty decent, pretty decent names, and then I would always end up we would go. We went and saw Ralphie May. We went and saw.
Speaker 3: This guy who he wasn't like a big name, but he was.
Speaker 2: He was known enough, and he actually ended up kind of kind of getting canceled because he got caught lying about.
Speaker 3: Being in the in the.
Speaker 2: Trade center on nine to eleven, which you know, it's a pretty big deal to lie about that. But anyways, when I went and saw both of those acts, I don't remember who they are, so I guess technically I didn't.
Speaker 3: They didn't leave that much of an impression.
Speaker 2: But like the people who would who would be there was always like a local opener, like somebody that like works for the improv that is a stand up comedian clearly, like that's their craft and they're pretty good at what they do, but you know, they haven't had like a big break yet. And then there would be another comedian that's kind of a part of I guess maybe the tour, but is not the headliner, and they were, you know, I think twice. I remember finding those to be more funny than even the main performers, which those you know, Ralphie.
Speaker 3: May was great.
Speaker 2: And the other guy who I've already forgot his name, he was he was, He was great.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been to a stand up show?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've only I've only been to a few, and they were out at the laugh Factory out in La.
Speaker 3: Big time big. I mean, I was it. I guess it was pretty cool that. I think. The main guy there was Chris Delia. Do you remember that?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he got canceled right but then nice kind of like back maybe I don't know, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was right after he got like that's his stick now as he talks about like the process of getting canceled. Maybe it was only a couple of years ago, but I saw him now, I'm lying. Also went to one in New York too, but it wasn't any big like as like a hole in the wall comedy club all because I can't remember who the big name that we were going to go see. But it was right after COVID and it was in New York. You had to have you had to be two weeks past your past vaccination. So like, and I had lied to my now fiance, told her I was vexed completely when we started dating, and I absolutely was not. So I knew about like a week before that trip, like I should at least probably go get like, you know, a shot or something like two weeks, and so I did. It was actually later it was my second shot because I know, this is the last question that you asked when I'm chasing a rabbit. Had I had actually gotten half vaxed during that summer because that was the first time I actually got COVID And literally right after that is like that's when I actually got COVID. So I didn't come back because they told me, once you get it, you didn't need another one.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I got it at Kroger.
Speaker 4: But about a week before we went, I decided, let me just go ahead and get full vaxed because we're going to New York. And when we showed up to New York, they were checking vax cards and they said, no, this is you haven't been fully vaxed for two weeks yet you're two days off from being fully vaxed for two weeks, so they turned us around at the club that would fight.
Speaker 3: We got into that that would be brutal. It was. It was pretty bad.
Speaker 4: We almost we almost became not a thing that what year was this twenty twenty one, twenty twenty two is twenty twenty like March of twenty twenty two as our.
Speaker 3: First I guess, I guess, believe it or not.
Speaker 2: There were some areas that were like a lot stricter about it than we were.
Speaker 3: Right, New York was pretty bad about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And when it comes to, like I don't know, stand up comedy, I enjoy it, but like I don't really seek it out, but I what I now find to be by the way, I think I've never seen him live. I'm not sure if I ever will, but I I nobody would say this guy is not popular and that he's not like successful. So it's not like I don't want to try to make it out like I'm building him up as some unknown guy. But like, I think Mike Epps is the funniest comedian of my lifetime.
Speaker 3: Mikes.
Speaker 2: I think Mike Epps is absolutely hilarious, and he had and he's kind of had the same style throughout his existence, at least that I've known. And he's still funny, like he's you know, he's he's great. But now I find myself really amused by things that aren't like, you know, laugh out loud funny because you never thought of it, but like things that are funny because you realize, Okay, I can relate to this.
Speaker 3: I didn't know anybody else could.
Speaker 2: And there's this guy I'm trying to I'm digging on my phone to try to find this guy's name because he's he's getting some momentum, but he's not necessarily like I bet you wouldn't know his name, okay if I can find it, And I bet if I showed you a picture of him, he probably you probably wouldn't recognize him. But he you know, this was a bit he did that I'm embarrassed to say. But like my era, for reasons, I don't know, like this is a this is spot on. I don't know why we did this when we were young. It was really stupid, but I've forgotten all about this weird thing that you know, teenagers around my age did when we were young, and you know, it was really really stupid and bad. But he told a story about it, and I know there's so many that can relate and you may not want to acknowledge it, but this is this is this is him from a stand up show he did at I think the improv in New York not that long ago.
Speaker 5: I do think that nineties kids came up with the wildest game ever. I remember it well. It was like nineteen ninety nine. I was in the fifth or sixth grade, sitting there talking to a girl I had a crush on, Seanna Taylor.
Speaker 3: I had a four wheeler because I knew didn't move things along.
Speaker 5: And about that time my best friend came up and just yanked my pants to the grandma.
Speaker 3: Y'all, remember this. This game was lawless. It didn't make any sense.
Speaker 5: A bunch of middle schoolers going around and just yanking each other's pants stand and it went on.
Speaker 3: It was a little curiosity in there.
Speaker 5: I think in hindsight some of us said hate to admit that it didn't make any sense. You'd just be hanging.
Speaker 3: Out with your buddy and he'd be like, let's take a look at that. You know, isn't that wild? And they tried to like deflect it.
Speaker 5: You know, I can remember well you'd be standing there, they'd pull your pants down and go you're gay and take off.
Speaker 3: You're like, how am I gay?
Speaker 1: You just pulled my pants?
Speaker 3: No, that's not that happened so fast. You know, I hadn't thought of that in forever.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure there's many. I'm sure that many are thinking, what are you talking about? That wasn't a thing. I'm telling you. It was a thing.
Speaker 3: For a brief time. People would. But you have you ever heard it? Like you yeah, like just.
Speaker 2: Get pants and like now, I mean and I'm not even saying this would be the wrong thing.
Speaker 3: You get arrested for that, like absolutely, but.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, we had one of my one of my close friends, his name is Patrick. He was like he would sneak up and get you at like the worst possible time, and he, you know, depending on what you were wearing, it was everything, like you know, if you were you were sweatpants to school or you wearing basketball shorts.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean one of my close friends, we're all friends, and you know, just just to get a laugh. I mean he was talking to three different girls in the hallway in between in between one of the one of the classes and you know, uh, he just walked up and yanked him all the way down, and I mean, I mean just completely exposed, and like everybody got a laugh out of it. And now that I'm much older, I'm like, why were we so stupid?
Speaker 3: That was insane?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again I'm sure that's not a thing now, and again it shouldn't be. And I'm not joking like you do that now, Like you know, there's probably legitimate consequences and nobody would be like, oh, it's kids being kids, Like no, that's traumatizing and it's you know, got to be in some way legal. But he had another bit that was just kind of you know this, I can't even claim that this was laugh out loud funny, but like I'd never thought of it, and it's really true. He was discussing how kids these days will never know the fear and you may not even know this either, but you'll never know the fear when you would call a girl from school that you were interested in, or maybe she was your girlfriend in sixth or seventh grade and you had to call the house phone and you knew the dad was going to answer, oh yeah, and there would be that fear you'd get that lump in your throat, like what if he says no, you know? And and the way you know again, the way he laid it out was like a scenario that I can't claim happened to me. But like I know, at least some of the girls I called in middle school, like their dad would would know how nervous I was and have fun with it, right, Like, but he was talking about how, uh, yeah, she's here, I'm going to help you with something. It's like, yeah, I wanted to I wanted to ask her about our geometry, uh class, seems she can help mem geometry, and and and again this is the stand up, the bit he said, well, turns out, buddy, I'm great at geometry.
Speaker 3: What do you want to what do you? What do you? What do you? What do you need?
Speaker 2: I can help you out? But like you know, like playfully, dad's having fun with a young kid who knows that like he's calling a girl. You know, it's gonna be nerve wracking to talk to the mom or the dad. I mean, I remember when we were like fifth or sixth grade. You know this time there were no cell phones, at least not for kids, and you know we'd call the house, and like if if the parents, if the parents answer, we just hang up.
Speaker 3: Very scared to death to today this is such and such home.
Speaker 2: So yeah, anyways that the older I get, the more I find I find humor in things that are really not you know, just downright comedic brilliance. But just like I guess in a way, a lot of it is like there's things that I can't relate to, but I can still find the humor and find it hilarious when it comes to certain things. And I also think there's a there's a part there's an element of stand up comedy that like there's self deprecation with different cultures and different you know, different races to where like you know, just almost like we don't take ourselves too serious. And there's certain comedians obviously that that have you know, have been held accountable for maybe crossing the line. And for a while the line was like adjusted to where you couldn't even try to be funny without offending someone, which I do feel like that's kind of gone away, but like you know, Kat Williams and all of them have done it to an extent. But like Cat Williams, one of one of his one of his stand ups that really I think kind of elevated him to being a bigger name in the in the mid to late two thousands where he's talking about you know, all different cultures and whatnot, and and and finding a way to like playfully you know, like even if it's even if it's a joke at the expense of maybe your culture or whatnot, like you still have to laugh because you know there's an other there's elements of it that's true. So yeah, I h I think Kat Williams is the correct I never I never seek it out, but the more I think about it, and as we're talking about it, like I you know, who didn't like to laugh, you know what I mean? And oftentimes it meand be hard to go to really any stand up that you know, you're paying a ticket. You're paying for a ticket to go see somebody in like an actual venue like a theater or whatnot, like the Palace, which is where Kevin Harbor was supposed to be, like you're gonna get you know, may not be worth the price of admission because those tickets are really expensive. In fact, we were looking at going into seeing Kevin Hart at the Palace, but we decided not to because I mean, tickets were just crazy, and I guess that's just what it is for a stand up show. But you know, laughing is healthy. It's got to be laughed to, not cry.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: That's all right, all right, quick break, We'll come back and wrap it up here on the other side, keep it locked on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: We were wrapping up a Thursday edition of Coffee and Company. Been a fun show so far. I don't forget.
Speaker 3: Podcast is always available after.
Speaker 2: The show if you ever miss anything, and however you're listening wherever you're listening, just know that we do we.
Speaker 3: Do appreciate it.
Speaker 2: So I mentioned this earlier that the ACC currently has no plans to add a ninth League game. That is according to Brett McMurphy. And I can't really say that that's that's a that's an issue, but I do think if.
Speaker 3: You see that every other like if the SEC goes.
Speaker 2: To nine, I would I would hope that the ACC would have some level of maybe I don't know if it's an acquirement or how you would even be able to do that but there should be something similar to what happened with basketball where they eliminated two conference games from the schedule. And it's not because you know, they they don't mean they're doing it because they realize they need more teams to do stuff out side the conference to improve your resume for a selection Sunday because twenty league games, you know, in the last few years, more often than not, your league games are not giving you any opportunity to win games that will boost your resume just because of where where the league is. So I would say, you know, if you're the Big twelve, there should be some kind of a partnership to where I don't know how you would do it, because obviously there's not as many teams in the Big twelve as there is the ACC. But also they already are playing that I didn't realize the Big Twelve went to nine. So the Big Ten and the Big twelve are at nine, and the ACC is not going to nine, and the SEC it's it seems like they're they're getting closer to going to nine games. So those those conferences wouldn't would not probably be looking to do any kind of a partnership because they're going to you know, maybe maybe just maybe, I mean, in fact, the ACC, maybe they'd go to nine and you know, I guess we never mind, they're not going on. But like, I just feel like there should be some kind of a requirement for you to go out of conference and play somebody worth of damn. That way, if there is doubt from the committee that your impressive league record in the ACC isn't worthy, then they can point to a non conference opportunity and that can you know, that can help give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't just beat up on a bad league, you beat up in a bad league, but also have you know, a non conference win that has at least a.
Speaker 3: Little bit of value.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm gonna look at the so Louisville every year plays an SEC team because of the Kentucky rivalry, and I feel like more often than not, there are other teams that like, for example, let's just go to like NC State, They've got they've got every year on their schedule because their rival is in conference. So yeah, I mean they play Notre Dame and then Notre Dame game is always a boost for your for your strength to schedule. But not everybody gets Notre Dame every year. So outside of the ACC, teams in Notre Dame, NC State's playing East Carolina Campbell, and.
Speaker 3: I don't know who else.
Speaker 2: I mean, oh yeah, they're doing that weird thing where I think n C State in maybe Wake are playing each other like they even when the league doesn't schedule them against each other, they still play and it doesn't count towards conference. It's really stupid. But yeah, I can't say that going to nine games would help the ACC. But to be fair, if you continue to schedule the way that you do when you play nine league games, even if the ACC's down, beating a Boston College or a Syracuse or somebody like that, or a Wake Forest, it'd probably give you more more value than beating Elon or East Carolina or Kinnesas State, but probably not enough to where the committee would be like, Okay, yeah, that's a real resume win for them.
Speaker 3: All Right, we're out of time, we're out of here.
Speaker 2: Enjoy your evening. We're back at it tomorrow right here. On Sports Talk seven to ninety
Speaker 1: Nine