Speaker 1: Hi, good morning, and this is the lesson of the day from the work book of A Course of Miracles. And I'm really glad that you're here, obviously, being the twenty first of January, we are on the twenty first day, which is amazing because well, I could just start reading it, but uh F, I do this practice for myself, and that is I find it always helpful to, let's say, get a perspective as to what I am doing. And what I am doing it's obvious, and yet I find it beneficial to review these ideas in my mind and cause remember we are in a mind training and today's lesson, I am Determined to see things differently, of course, is a carry on of yesterday's lesson of I am determined to see and he talks about I'm just going to go back to yesterday's lesson for just a moment and highlight a few ideas, all right, So he says here that we've been casual about how we've been doing it, but that doesn't mean it's not important. Okay, I know we read this all yesterday, but again, for me, it's always helpful to get a bigger perspective or remind myself why I am doing it because it is as Eric was saying on Friday, it's a constant forgetting. It constantly escapes my mind because that is the nature of having identified myself as separate. All right, So we have not lost sight of the crucial importance of the reversal of your thinking. It's the reversal of my thinking. So if it's the reversal of my thinking, it cannot do it cannot have anything to do with the way I am thinking in objective reality, or this idea that we are apart and discreet and separate from one another. Okay, the salvation of the world depends on it. Well, that's a perspective. Think about it. Yet you will not see if you regard yourself as being coerced and if you give in too resentment and opposition. Okay, this idea of being coerced, meaning that oh, I'm just going to make myself do it because well something tells me I should, rather than seeing that I am the complete beneficiary of my practice of the performance of the mind training. All right. You want salvation, you want to be happy, you want peace. You do not have them now because your mind is totally undisciplined and you cannot distinguish between joy and sorrow, pleasure and pain, love and fear. You are now learning how to tell them apart, and great indeed will be your reward. All right. So we are in a mind training. And there is just one other idea that I want to bring into focus before we embark on our practice for today. And this is actually was written by the master teacher of a course in miracles, and it was in our out of time journal from the Endeavor Academy. And this is the invitation because we're in a mind training. Is a learning process, as a transformative learning process, it's the reversal of the way I think now, the way of objective thinking. All right. It is important to remember that the transformative learning process is not an accumulation or exchange of information between teacher and student, all right, So it is It is not an accumulation in exchange. That's not what we're doing. We're training our minds in a whole other way of thinking. I am determined to see things differently, okay. And then there's one other idea that I want to bring to light here. All true learning is a form of conversion or revelation. That's amazing. So it's a revelation. It's a revealing is already there all right? So today's lesson, I am determined to see things differently. The idea for today is obviously a continuation and an extension of the preceding one. This time, however, specific mind searching periods are necessary in addition to applying the idea to particular situations as they may arise. Five practice periods are urged, allowing a full minute for each. In the practice periods, begin by repeating the idea to yourself, I am determined to see things differently. Then close your eyes and search your mind carefully for situations past, present, or anticipated that arouse anger in you. The anger may take the form of any reaction, ranging from mild irritation to rage. This requires honesty. Obviously, the degree of the emotion you experience does not matter. You will become increasingly aware that a slight twinge of annoyance is nothing but a veil drawn over intense fury. That is a that is a wowur because the deception in the game that I would tend to play with myself is that, oh, a mild irritation doesn't matter. But it's exactly the same. And see this course requires honesty. But it's being honest with myself because an and I will also say that. And again we're only sharing our own realizations as we do. This is that And I've lost my thought already. Oh, I did not have, uh, let's say, a standard if I can say it that way, a standard in which to I could uh use to I. I don't, I don't. I don't know how to express this. But there's not a way that I would know that I was being dishonest with myself because I needed a whole idea, a consistency or an impeccability and a And the only word I can say is a wholeness because nothing is left out by which I can know that I am deceiving myself, because again it requires honesty. Is this clearer? Okay? So this is what has all been offered us, is that we have this basis. Okay. So therefore, try therefore not to let quote unquote little thoughts of anger escape you in the practice periods. Remember that you do not really recognize what arouses anger in you, and nothing that you believe in this case connection means anything. I am never upset for the reason I think you will probably be tempted to dwell more on some situations or persons than on others, on the fallacious grounds that they are more obvious in quotes. This is not so. It is merely an example of the belief that some forms of attack are more justified than others. As you search your mind for all the forms in which attack, thoughts present themselves, hold one. Hold each one in mind while you tell yourself, I am determined to see in the name of the person differently, I am determined to be I am determined to see and specify the situation differently. Try to be as specific as possible. You may, for example, focus your anger on a particular attribute of a particular person, believing that the anger is limited to this aspect. If your perception is suffering from this form of distortion, I love this way, he says. If your perception is suffering from this form of distortion, say I am determined to see specify the attribute in the person differently. See because you have made your anger specific, and so it has to be addressed in your mind specifically. Okay, so now we are going to apply bye this lesson. We're going to devote the minute right now to applying this lesson. I am determined to see differently and and okay, I'm just gonna turn this down and we're going to just review once again that during the course of the day, apart from the practice periods, that you can apply the idea to anything that arouses anger in you throughout the day. I mean, this is really, when you think about it, what the mind training is is to be alert. One of the other things you'll notice with this lesson, which we also cover it in our recent lessons, is there actually is no difference between seeing and thinking. That they're actually simultaneous, because when you say I want to see things differently, you really are seeing that it is your own thought association that you're dealing with here that projection makes perception or perception. Projection makes perception and you cannot see beyond it. So this is there. They are simultaneous. And of course, as we do these lessons, these early lessons, they don't take much time, so we have time left we can review again something in the text. But I have to confess right now, I'm very undecided because I found myself getting into as I read this morning, the invitation that we had in the out of time journal and this idea that a learning transformative learning process is a form of conversion in this revelatory that you know, all true learning is revelatory. And you know, the other day Walter was reading something from the text and it was from chapter twenty eight the Greater Joining, and I was just looking at what has what he was reading, and what was given us. And if we attempt to approach understanding and I put the word understanding in air quotes, if we try to approach the idea of understanding based on an assumption of ourselves, that is not true. So, for example, learning in the world is this idea that you are the stable factor here and are acquiring, as we said, this information or exchange of information. But it's not true. So you're not going to be able to take anything and grasp it that it is through the rev revealing or the undoing process, or in the practice of the release of my anger. I'm determined to see things differently that what is present with me by virtue of the fact of our minds being as we are, as they are, as God created us. That is there already, it is already present, It is here, it is now, It is the removal of the obstacles to the awareness of Love's presence. So I'm determined to see things differently. So this also brought me, because this is a miracle's healing center, it always brought it. It also so brought me to the idea that we have miracles healing stations. And the very first one was does anybody remember determination? Determination? And for those of you who are listening, you can go to the Miracles Healing Center dot com and pull it up on your screen and it's the healing Stations. And I'm just gonna talk about this for a second. Well, let's first read what has been given us, And again this is from the master teacher of a course of miracles. Here is the simple truth of it. Here is the simple truth of it. Every human body, association of life is uniquely included with the eternal power and love of the whole universe. Spontaneous healing and miraculous occurrences and instantaneous cures are only demonstrations of the innate, singular wholeness of reality that we share. I love this word. Innate is innate. Where you can't eliminate, you can't get rid of it. It's not possible it's innate, and we share it. We are convinced that the only disease we could possibly suffer is the entire condition of human existence. That's the only disease human existence. Experience the curing power of renewed faith in the solitude, the miracles, healing stations. You are invited to circulate freely among these private prayer stations, all the helpful reminders of your dedic of your dedication to the healing process of your mind and body. Sorry, let me read that again. All have helpful reminders of your dedication to the healing process of your mind and body. So these are helpful reminders of your dedication. It's your dedication, the only thing you can be dedicated to. You can't be dedicated to anything else. Okay, So I'm just gonna read all of them. We have determination, perseverance, forgiveness, gratefulness, love, peace, light, joy, mind, power, freedom and home. And if you notice, determination, perseverance forgiveness are actions in your own mind and what is experienced and what emerges by virtue of your willingness to practice what we have been given. Gratefulness, love, peace, light, joy, mind, power, freedom, and home. So all has been given all I have to do. All you have to do is take the step. Take the step. That step is now. That step is now, the step is now. I am determined to see things differently. Okay, I go about my day something. I'm determined to see things differently. All true learning is revelatory. Okay, let's take a break and I'm gonna play Amazing Grace. So what I would like to do now is read a section from chapter fourteen of the text. And this is the equality of miracles. When no perception stands between God and his creations, or between his children and their own, the knowledge of creation must continue forever. The reflections you accept into the mirror of your mind in time bring but bring eternity nearer or further see there's nothing again, there's no neutral. Oh this is fourteen, the Equality of Miracles. Sorry about that. Pardon me, Oh, it's it's section ten. I'm sorry, all right, I will just start it again. When no perception stands between God and his creations, or between his children and their own, the knowledge of creation must continue forever. The reflections you accept into the mirror of your mind in time, but bring eternity nearer or further. Notice again, This is the idea of there's no neutral thought, and you see no neutral things. The reflections you accept into the mirror of your mind again thinking and seeing, but eternity, yourself is beyond all time. Reach out of time and touch it with the help of its reflection in you, and you will turn from time to holiness as sure as the reflection of holiness calls everyone to lay all guilt aside, reflect the peace of heaven here, and bring this world to heaven. For the reflection of truth draws everyone to truth, and as they enter into it, they leave all reflections behind. In heaven, reality is shared and not reflected. By sharing its reflection here is truth becomes the only perception the Son of God accepts, and thus remembrance of his father dawns on him, and he can no longer be satisfied with anything but his own reality. You on earth have no conception of limitlessness, for the world you seem to live in is a world of limits. Okay, As I am in this world, I have no conception of little limitlessness. That is something I am instructed in that idea. So I have no basis on which I can evaluate because I have no conception of it because it's beyond conception. So again it is the transformative learning process is revelatory. It's not I can hold myself as I believe I am and think I can learn something different. Now, all I am getting is the reflection of what I think I am. So in this mind training, I am going to let truth be reflected by the release of what I believe I am. Okay, I have no basis to know. I am determined to see things differently. That is really the same as into thy hands I commend my spirit. In this world, it is not true see that anything without order of difficulty can occur. The miracle therefore has a unique function and is motivated by a unique teacher who brings the laws of another world to this one. The miracle is the one thing you can do that transcends order, being based not on differences but on equality. Miracles are not in competition, and the number of them that you can do is limitless. They can be simultaneous and legion and just as a personal thing. This I this use of the word legion I found quite interesting simply because in the King James version of the New Testament, probably in other versions too, when uh they come to collect Jesus. Uh, I guess I guesssemine. You know when they Judas brings Uh the soldiers to Jesus to arrest him, and he says, you think that I can pray and that the uh the angels that will appear aren't legion. You know. It's this idea that the miracle is always present. It is through prayer, through the asking, which is simultaneous with the release of the idea of myself. Okay, So they can be simultaneous and legion. This is not difficult to understand once you conceive of them as possible at all. What is more difficult to grasp is the lack of order of difficulty that stamps the miracle as something that must come from elsewhere, not from here. From the world's viewpoint, this is impossible. Okay. Now he's going to bring us into our own thinking process so that we can see how this is. Perhaps you have been aware of the lack of competition among your thoughts, which, even though they may conflict, can occur together and in great numbers. You may indeed be so used to this that it causes you little surprise. Yet you are also used to classifying some of your thoughts as more important, larger, or better, wiser, or more productive and valuable than others. This is true of the thoughts that cross the mind of those who think they live apart. For some are reflections of heaven, while others are motivated by the ego, which but seems to think. The result is a weaving, changing pattern that never rest and is never still. It shifts unceasingly across the mirror of your mind, and the reflections of Heaven lasts but a moment and grow dim as darkness blots them out. Where there was light, darkness removes it in an instant, and alternating patterns of light and darkness sweep constantly across your mind. The little sanity that still remains is still held together by a sense of order that you establish. The very fact that you can do this and bring any order into chaos shows you that you are not an ego, and that more than an ego must be in you, For the ego is chaos, and if it were all of you, no order at all would be possible. Yet though the order you impose on your mind limits the ego, it also limits you. To order is to judge and to arrange by judgment. Therefore, it is not your function but the Holy spirits. This is again a reiteration of the idea that there are no small angers. There's no small idea of anger that you know. The slightest annoyance is a veil over an intense fury. I'm never upset for the reason I think, Okay, I'm just going to take a break here and we're going to play and straight the path.
Speaker 2: No more said.
Speaker 3: Bad.
Speaker 2: Now you remain you all aways live, So now don't wait.
Speaker 4: Straight the bathom, narrow the game, straight the bath and narrow the game. Don't speak of sad.
Speaker 5: For no, you found the world worth any prize, so.
Speaker 4: Love, don't wait, straight the bath and arrow the game, straight the bath, and arrow the game.
Speaker 5: No more said good bad for now you remainer you've all always been.
Speaker 1: So he.
Speaker 4: No, don't wait straight the path and narrow, the straight the pathom narrow the game. Don't speak of sack que fu, for you found the barn Wortheny bros.
Speaker 6: So he.
Speaker 2: No, don't wait.
Speaker 4: Straight the bathm narrow the game, straight the bath and narrow the game.
Speaker 1: No mo.
Speaker 5: Glues for no, you remind you all.
Speaker 4: Always spend live, So now don't wait straight the bath and narrow the game. Straight the bath and narrow the game. Straight the bath, and narrow again. Straight the baths narrow the game read back and namal.
Speaker 5: Thegety straight baths narrow.
Speaker 2: The string bast.
Speaker 3: Street, the bar stan, the strict st.
Speaker 2: Strat, strat strat.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much that mis Mitch, let's continue with this section. It will seem difficult for you to learn that you have no basis at all for ordering your thoughts. This lesson the Holy Spirit teaches by giving you the shining example of miracles, to show you that your way of ordering is wrong, that a better way is offered you. The miracle offers exactly the same response to every call for help. It does not judge the call. It merely recognizes what it is and answers accordingly. It does not consider which call is louder, or greater or more important. You may wonder how you, who are still bound to judgment, can be asked to do that which requires no judgment of your own. The answer is very simple. The power of God, and not of you, engenders miracles. The miracle itself is but the witness that you have the power of God in you. This is so key, here is the power of God in you and not you, not of you, not of you. I really love this and and I'll tell you where my thinking has gone with this. You know there are there is uh s s, some I don't know how what they call themselves. It doesn't really matter what they call themselves. But the guys that the Christians that do like centering prayer and things like that, which centering prayer is amazing because it is a vacation of the mind. It is a complete release of the mind. And many of us here and those listening have had amazing experiences. But what we what I and I can only speak for myself. What I did not have was uh a framework for any of this. And furthermore, it I didn't have a means that I knew of that I could integrate those experiences, that things could come together in my mind and not have this appearances of having let's say, a foot in both worlds sort of speak. Okay, And this has really been given us from the very beginning of the mind training. Nothing I see means anything. I've given everything I see, all the meaning that it has. It's all in this idea that truth is true and nothing else is true. And so in this training of depending on the power of God that is innate in you, that takes care of all of it. And so you are not actually living in two orders of real And so what appears to be limited, separate, victimized, you know, all the things that come with living in this world, it has nothing to do. It's not even there. And so the key is really in my hand. The key is really in your hand of really letting and allowing this to be true, and that becomes your That is your dedication. It's your only purpose for being here, of course. Okay, so let me just get back to this. The power of God and not of you in Gender's miracle. The miracle itself is but the witness that you have the power of God in you. That is the reason why the miracle gives equal blessing to all who share in it, and that it is also why everyone shares in it. The power of God is limitless and being always maximal, it offers everything to everyone, to every call from anyone. There is no order of difficulty here. A call for help is given help. The only judgment involved is the Holy spirits. One division into two categories, one of love, and the other the call for love. You cannot safely make this division, for you are much too confused either to recognize love or to believe that everything else is nothing but a call for love. You are too bound to form and not to content. What you consider content is not content at all. It is merely form and nothing else. For you do not respond to what a brother really offers you, but only to the particular perception of his offering by which the ego judges it. The ego is incapable of understanding content and is totally unconcerned with it. To the ego, if the form is acceptable, the content must be, otherwise it will attack the form. If you believe you understand something of the dynamics quote unquote of the ego, let me assure you that you understand nothing of it. Again, here is a statement you can really take at face value. If I think I understand anything about how the meaningless thinking of my mind were, okay, I can just circumvent all of that. I don't understand any of it. Now, I'm free for of yourself. You could not understand it. The study of the ego is not the study of the mind. In fact, the ego enjoys studying itself and thoroughly approves the undertakings of the students who would analyze it. Thus approving is importance. Yet they but study form with meaningless content, for their teacher is senseless, though careful to conceal this fact behind impressive sounding words, but which lack any consistent sense when they are put together. This is precisely I mean, it makes me very, very happy in the idea that all true learning is revelatory. I don't need to depend on this process that I have taught myself. I can literally let it go. What do I use? I use the lesson of the day. I am determined to see things differently, so I don't have to depend on that meaningless associative thinking. That okay. So this is characteristic of the ego's judgment. Separately they seem to hold, but put them together, and the system of thought that arises from joining them is incoherent and utterly chaotic, for form is not enough for meaning, and the underlying lack of content makes a cohesive system impossible. Separation therefore remains the ego's chosen condition, for no one alone can judge the ego truly. Yet, when two are more joined together in the search for truth. The ego can no longer defend its lack of content. The fact of union tells them it is not true. It is impossible to remember God in secret and alone, for remembering Him means you are not alone and are willing to remember it. Take no thought for yourself, for no thought you hold is for yourself. If you would remember your Father, let the Holy Spirit order your thoughts and give only the answer with which He answers you. This sounds like consider the of the field. Everyone seeks for love as you do, but knows it not unless he joins with you in seeking it. If you undertake the search together, you bring with you a light so powerful that what you see is given meaning. The lonely journey fails because that it has excluded what it would find. As God communicates to the Holy Spirit in you, so does the Holy Spirit translate his communications through you so you can understand them. God has no secret communications, for everything of Him is perfectly open and freely accessible to all being. For all nothing lives in secret, and what you would hide from the Holy Spirit is nothing. This is like from the beginning of all about God and how to find him our little booklet. God is not hiding you are you're trying to be in secret. Communication is perfectly open and freely accessible to all being. For all every interpretation you would lay upon a brother is senseless. Let the Holy Spirit show him to you and teach you both his love and his call for love. Neither his mind nor yours holds more than these two orders of thought. That's amazing. The miracle is the recognition that this is true. Where there is love, your brother must give it to you because of what it is. But where there is a call for love, you must give it because of what you are. Earlier, I said, this course will teach you how to remember what you are restore gowring to you your identity. We have already learned that this identity is shared. An identity here is capitalized. The miracle becomes the means of sharing it. By supplying your identity wherever it is not recognized, you will recognize it. And God himself, who wills to be with his son forever, will bless each recognition of his son with all the love he holds for him. Nor will the power of all his love be absent from any miracle you offer to his son. How then can there be any order of difficulty among them? So I just again want to thank you for being here. I am determined to see things differently. I love you, and may the Peace of God be with you. Have a great day.
Speaker 6: You have been listening to voice from Heaven live in the Miracles Healing Center.
Speaker 1: Remember that God's voice speaks to you all through the day.
Speaker 6: That God goes with you wherever you go, and that God is the mind with which you think. God bless us every one.