Speaker 1: Now your host for playoff Dodger Toss sound Off Angelinos David Vasse.
Speaker 2: We are live at City Field in New York as the Dodgers are just one win away from the World Series.
Speaker 3: Welcome the Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: David Vase with you until ten thirty tonight on the West Coast at eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy. We will hear from Dave Roberts, we will hear from Mookie Betts, we will hear from Max Monthsey, and we will hear from Evan Phillips coming up in the next hour. A tremendous night for the Dodgers, who have really just shown how good they are and how they are playing their best baseball of the season, outscoring the Mets in their three wins twenty seven to two and outscoring them thirty to eight overall in the first four games of the series. Really awesome to see the Dodgers come together at the perfect time. And it's not just the pitching. I know the relievers have done an outstanding job, but the offense has really taken a lot of pressure off the starting pitchers and the relievers by putting up runs early in the game. And that really has been the trend that has helped Dave Roberts execute his pitching plan from start to finish, and the high leverage relievers of Blake Trinan and Evan Phillips and Michael Kopek have done their job because they have not blown leads. It's up to them to be able to execute the plan as well, and they have done that in a big way. Yamamoto tonight went four and a third innings and then was relieved by Evan Phillips, who got the last two outs of the fifth inning Viento Cinelonso and maybe the best look the Mets had this game was in the sixth inning when Evan Phillips was misfiring, loaded the bases with nobody out and was able to get out of that jam. That was really the last bit of fight the Mets had. That was their best look at the game, because after that, the Dodgers were able to pour it on even more with a two run home run by Mookie Bets in the top half of the sixth inning, and when the Mets weren't able to score in that bottom half of the sixth inning, this game was over and certainly the Dodgers are very much in control of this series, just one win away from the World Series. Eight six, nine, seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Very impressive. The way the Dodgers are conducting there at bats. Tonight's starter, Jose Contana is known to really nibble around the plate and try to get hitters to chase pitches, and that's just not what the Dodgers do. A great example of that is the man that reached basse in twelve consecutive plate appearances in this series, Max Monsey. Tonight, Max Monsey saw sixteen pitches outside of the strike zone. He only offered at two of them. He fouled one off and he swung a miss at the other. He finished with three walks tonight and finishes with twelve with reaching base and twelve consecutive plate appearances, tying him with Reggie Jackson for that streak in postseason history. Speaking on Max Mounsey, he just spoke to the media in the Dodger clubhouse and Sports Net LA brought it to us relentless offensive tack again, Max.
Speaker 4: The way the guys are doing it, Yeah, it was good up and down the lineup. We're just staying within ourselves, having good an approach and not trying to do too much in the bucks for you.
Speaker 5: I mean, twelve state at bat's getting on base and you think about that.
Speaker 1: Were you aware of that and just kind of wasn't say, just quit that bats you've been having personally.
Speaker 4: No, I definitely wasn't aware of it, you know, but it's obviously really cool for me. The most important things that means I'm getting on base, giving my teammates a chance to drop me in create and havoc doing anything I can, and uh, you know, to me, that's just the most important thing is that I'm having good at bets and being able to get on base for my guys.
Speaker 6: How important one.
Speaker 7: Kind against Kintana guy who likes to get guys to chase, to not chase and stay after the ward rocks if you do.
Speaker 4: The last Yeah, And that was kind of a battle of you know, who was going to give in first. He wanted to get us a chase, We wanted to get him through strikes, and uh, you know it was just, uh, who was going to be more stubborn and uh, you know, I feel like we we were about last on that.
Speaker 3: And what's the feeling of the clubhouse one one away from the World Series.
Speaker 4: It's it's right now. You know, we're shout out tomorrow as an OL series. We have prepare, prepare the right way, do everything the right way, and play our game and go out there and try to get a win tomorrow.
Speaker 7: You know, you guys are playing such a complete baseball r I know, is this the most complete you've played all season?
Speaker 3: Do you think?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, Uh, the most important thing is just everyone's you know, understanding the role.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to do too much.
Speaker 4: And when you have an entire group of guys that are buying into that mindset, that becomes pretty special. And that's what we're able to do right now.
Speaker 8: You talked like the last off season, how you guys digging into the numbers and kind of seeing like teams that swung freely, you know, with pants, Like was there a temptation to kind of get away from what you guys do in the regular season at all, approach wise as a team, and how this scene is kind of the team wide approach payoffs so far this suckers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, there was definitely some talks about it, but I think the biggest thing was understanding you know more in depth why that is, and you know it's it's it's being aggressive on balls in the zone, not taking balls in his own and you know, not swinging out of the zone. And you know, I think that's just a deeper understanding for us and understanding who we are as a team and what certain pitches we can hit, what pitches we can't hit. And you know, we've had an entire lineup being able to buy into the.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's Max Muncy who has led the way for the Dodgers being as patient and selective as they have been in the first four games of this NLCS to take a commanding three games to one lead.
Speaker 3: And when you.
Speaker 2: Talk about just how good they have been with the walks, the Dodger offense has drawn thirty one walks. Our friend at MLB, Sarah Langs, tweeted that that is the most walks drawn in a four game postseason span. Thirty one walks by the Dodgers in the first four games of the NLCS. Let's go out to the phones for the first time tonight. Let's go out to Nick in Wittier. You're on Dodger Talk Live from New York.
Speaker 6: Hi, Nick, Hey, Dave again, Man, I love you so much. You're the best. And I'll tell you what, Man, these players are. They're so patient and they're just like because they've been every four and they're playing great, and they're just like they're they're calm at the plate, and that's what I want to see. And Yamamoto look great. You know, I feel like Dave could gets win one more, one more inning, but the bullpen is just so dominant, like you can't do it. And then of course with Tani and Bet, the stars have been shining, shining bright today.
Speaker 2: They really have, Nick, and thank you for the phone call. And look, I understand that Yamamoto is pitching well tonight. Yamamoto tonight in four and a third innings only through seventy three pitches. This was the only game he was pitching in in this NLCS, So I completely understand asking the question why didn't Dave Roberts allow him to go deeper in the game. Look, the expectations are high for Yamamoto. He's the highest paid pitcher in baseball history. You would expect him to go a little bit deeper. You would expect him maybe to pitch more than once in a seven game series. But are those are the Yamamoto rules right now? He was facing the lineup for a third time. Viento's had good swings off of him in his first two at bats. The Dodgers strength is their bullpen, so those were the reasons why Dave Roberts decided after Lindore it's time to go to the bullpen.
Speaker 3: He brought in Evan.
Speaker 2: Phillips, who was able to get Viento's and Alonzo and then come back for the sixth inning and got himself into a Bas's loaded jam with nobody out and was able to get the last three batters in that Mets lineup to get himself out of that Bas's loaded jam. Let's go off to Martinez, California. Kevin, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 9: Hi, Kevin, thanks so much for taking my phone call, my pleasure.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers are one win away from the World Series. Kevin. How does that sound?
Speaker 9: Oh man, it sounds so good. I just wanted to call today to trash people like myself who have been doubting this team all year. First stinning of the Padres game, I was a little worried, but you know you are my patron saint. Of positivity, David.
Speaker 10: I want to think, thank you.
Speaker 3: I just have a lot of confident.
Speaker 9: Of reason, David, and I need reason in my life. And the Dodgers are lucky to have you. We're lucky to have you as fans. And let's go Dodgers, Let's go Blue.
Speaker 3: I love it, Kevin.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the phone call, and just to let you know, tomorrow night, the Dodgers are headed to the World Series. So I called five games at the beginning of this series. I didn't expect it to go this way, but the Dodgers. I feel like the Mets are so down right now. The Dodgers have emptied out City Field the first two nights, and they were so excited for this team. They have completely broken the spirit of the team and the fan base. So I feel like tomorrow night, Jack Flaherty is going to send the Dodgers to the World Series again.
Speaker 9: Oh the play, hey kid, let's bring it on and again. Martinez California, just to bring it to people's attention, the alleged home of the Martini and the actual, verified home of the Van Gundi Brothers.
Speaker 2: I love it, Kevin, Thank you for that. Martinez California knowledge right there.
Speaker 3: I had no idea where that was.
Speaker 2: Eight sixty six ninety eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. And the Dodgers are going with Jack Flaherty tomorrow. They're not holding him back for Game six. Why hold him back for a game that you don't want to play. The Dodgers are going with Jack Flaherty. The Mets just barely announced their starter after the game, which is going to be David Peterson. Everything is trending the Dodgers direction, and I love what Max Munsey had to say. They're not looking at it as one win away from the World Series. They're looking at it as they need one win. It's a oo series. They want a win tomorrow. Let's head back downstairs to hear from Mooki Bett, who had four hits tonight, including a two run double and a two run home run.
Speaker 11: Mooki, congrats on the run, the two run double, the two run homer. What an incredible night for you at the play. Can you just describe what you were feeling up there and you're at bats tonight.
Speaker 12: No, I can't really describe it, but I felt pretty good. You know, it's good to feel good. It's good to help the team pitching. Pitching did amazing keeping them off the board, really, so you know it was fun.
Speaker 11: And MOOKI the lineup has changed so much behind show, hey and you what was it like to see a guy like Tommy have such a big night in the cleanup spot tonight?
Speaker 12: You know, I think that's the beauty of our our team. It can change, but whoever's in the lineup is good and they're gonna follow the plan. They're gonna they want to win, and so that's why we're that's why we are up three to one right now.
Speaker 3: Go to Peter in the second run on the left him, Mookie, I know you spoke yesterday.
Speaker 13: I guess it was about taking extra swings just how I guess what did you kind of find as you've done that? And what was there something that really clicked for you in these last few days with that extra work.
Speaker 12: I mean a lot of stuffs clicked and hasn't worked. And some work today worked, But tomorrow's a new day and I'll come work and try and find the same field.
Speaker 3: But you know, it's just a just a lot of work.
Speaker 12: God really answering prayers, all those types of things, and so it's just good to know that I helped the team go to Dylan right up in.
Speaker 14: The front.
Speaker 15: MOOKI after a tiny hit that home run to start the game. Did you kind of figure you know it'd be the type of game where okay, now they're going to start avoiding him and that you know you're going to get chances to have good swings.
Speaker 12: No, no, no, no, no, By no means, I just know there was a stretch there for like two or three at bats. I don't even think he saw a pitch from really close, which I understand, but it's gonna be tough to just walk them all the time, especially with the lineup and the and the guys Freddie Binnon play as well.
Speaker 5: So we'll see come over the right side, third the right on the mookie.
Speaker 10: Can you just talk about the way the offense has been able to work the Mets pitching staff during walks, keeping the line moving in the consistency that you guys have provided.
Speaker 12: I think, just uh following the plan are our coaches do a really good job in preparing us and the guys. We all believe in them, We believe in each other, and we know, like I said, whether the plan is right or wrong, it doesn't really matter. It's just at least we follow the plan no matter what, and it's been right so far.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Mookie Betts in the press conference room. Man, you could hear the tone in his voice. He's not acting like the Dodgers have won this series already, and that just seems to be uh a. You and formed the uniting kind of message that they haven't done anything yet. And if you remember, there was a photo posted of the video board inside the Dodger clubhouse before Game five, and it was the famous quote from Kobe Bryant that job not finished, job not done.
Speaker 3: Same thing here.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers understand they haven't done anything yet, but certainly have a commanding three games to one lead. They are one win away from the World Series. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. David vass live at City Field with you until ten thirty tonight. Let's go out to Miguel and Pasadena. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 16: Miguel, Hey, David, thanks for call. What a game to night, right, pleasure?
Speaker 3: Great game?
Speaker 16: All right, Let's let's kick it off with showy as Arnie. I mean, he went yard in his first at bat and really set the tone for the game. I mean, I have a few other talking points for us to discuss tonight.
Speaker 2: Hey, Miguel, Miguel, we all know what happened in the game. You tell me what your shot is. Are the Dodgers going to the World Series tomorrow night? Are they playing the Yankees or are they playing the Guardians?
Speaker 16: Tell me that, I mean looking ahead, I mean, we really needed to carry this momentum. Let's keep it going. I mean, I know for a fact we're gonna face the Yankees. It's gonna be a phenomenal series. And I think you you close it out perfectly. In the great words of Kobe Bryant in LA, we don't celebrate postseason wins. We celebrate championships. Kudos to a really good Mets team. But we're ready to keep it rolling. Let's go Dodgers. Thanks Dave.
Speaker 2: All right, Miguel, thank you for the phone call. Eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number. The Dodgers beat the Mets tonight by a final score of ten.
Speaker 3: To two, and you heard Mookie Betts say it.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers are a very tough lineup for any team to face, and if they're going to try to pitch around show Hey Otani, they are going to welcome it.
Speaker 3: Mookie Betts is going to welcome it.
Speaker 2: Freddie Freeman, who is not in the starting lineup tonight, will welcome it. So that's a tough way to live if you're an opponent to try to pitch around show Hey Otani. Because tonight Otani showed that he's not going to chase.
Speaker 3: He drew three walks tonight.
Speaker 2: One of them was a four pitch walk and he scored four times, a big reason why Mookie Betts four for six with four RBIs so a big night for MOOKI, a big night for Tommy Edmund as well, who hit cleanup tonight. With Freddie Freeman out of the lineup and the lefty on the mound and Jose Cantana, Tommy Edman came up with a big hit in the third inning and he drove in three runs tonight. Tommy Edmund, by the way, has drove in a run in every one of these games in the NLCS. Eight six, six, two, five seventy is the phone number. Let's head downstairs to hear from manager Dave.
Speaker 7: Roberts, whether whether it's the injuries to the pitchers, Freddie being out, your all star first baseman, former MVP. It doesn't seem to bother you guys or affect you guys the way it would other teams. Why does this team have such a next man up mentality? You know, win for Freddy whatever it may be, whoever's down, It doesn't. You guys don't skip a beat and you just keep on rolling.
Speaker 6: Why isn't that?
Speaker 3: I don't know the answer.
Speaker 17: I think part of it is we've dealt with it all year with with very key contributors, and it's a it's a clubhouse that's very welcoming to new players, whether by way of trade, waiver wire pickups, young players that get called it from the system. It's a very focused group, tough group, and it's something that is probably something that I feel proud that we can hang our hat on that there's never been any excuse all year for our club as far as winning the division and winning eleven games in October, and you know, even as recent as this year to not have Freddy start a playoff game, you know, but there was no excuse we were expecting to when this game tonight. And so yeah, Michael, it is that next guy at mentality and the fight that I've seen in these guys. You know, I don't think you can kind of quantify it, but I do believe that, you know, the mindset, the attitude, you know, is applicable and manifest itself into winning baseball games.
Speaker 3: You go to ad in the back round, Hi, Dave.
Speaker 14: I had are what are your emotions about how dominant you've been these.
Speaker 3: Last two games?
Speaker 17: Emotions? Probably I'm still you know, we still have a lot of work to do. We got to win one more game this series. I love the way that our guys haven't let off the gas in the sense of, you know, I think that you know, the outcome of the last two games. Certainly if you watch the game, games doesn't tell the story. And so the way we were able to add on the last couple of nights has been huge to win a long series. I think we're just so right now. I mean, I'm still kind of enjoying it a little bit, but I'm already thinking about Peterson tomorrow.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we still got some work to do. What a Dylan in the front Dave.
Speaker 15: We saw near the end of the regular season, right, a couple of times Tony got walked intentionally the way Mookie kind of responded to that today right, the first three hits came out right after all Tony got walked. How do you think Mookie kind of takes that when he sees you know, them basically not challenging the guy.
Speaker 17: I think he took it the same way Viento's took it personal, and that's okay, that's okay. And I think that you know, he understands whether it's a manager putting four fingers up or you know, you're throwing intentional balls two feet outside, you know you're gonna go out for the next guy. And so I think that Mookie takes a personal like you know, all competitors should. And I do think that stuff like that lights lights a little fire under him.
Speaker 15: And do you have a starter for tomorrow?
Speaker 3: And if you do, clarity Jack's gonna start.
Speaker 15: How did you kind of get to that?
Speaker 17: I think that he gives us the best chance to win tomorrow. And so it's regular you know, we have our full slew of guys behind him, and you know, there's a sense of urgency to win this game tomorrow.
Speaker 3: All right, there's manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 2: Love to hear that, Dave a sense of urgency to close it out in Game five of the NLCS. Why hold back Jack Flaherty for a game that the Dodgers don't want to play, and that's Game six.
Speaker 3: They want to close it out tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Right here in New York can get ready for the Yankees or Guardians in casey missed it.
Speaker 3: It was a wild finish in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: The Yankees were down in the ninth inning and they hit back to back home runs off of Emmanuel Classe, Aaron Judge and John Carlos Stanton, and then from there the Guardians came back and won it an extra innings. So the Yankees are trying to close out their series in about five games. And look, if Mark Viento's doesn't hit a grand slam off of Landon Knack in Game two, we're looking at the Dodgers tonight sweeping this series.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't meant to be.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers have one more win to get to the World Series, and I firmly believe that's tomorrow night eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Aaron and Glendale. You're on Dodger Talk Live from City Field.
Speaker 3: Hi erin.
Speaker 18: Hey, how's it going, David?
Speaker 19: This is Vana's high class to night before calling.
Speaker 16: Okay, do you wanna Hey, how's it going? We're calling shots?
Speaker 3: Yeah, call your shots? What do you got?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 19: You know, the Dodgers' offense has been relentless, and that to me is the biggest difference between this year's and the last two years. Playoff teams, bullpens, shoot us up and spit us up the last two years. But with all the traffic, the Dodgers are going jack the ace coming on and our bullpen we're gonna wrap it up tomorrow. I have every bit of faith in that. I would like, though, for you to speak a little bit on since trying went the last two nights and Evan Fields pitched more than one indiing to night, how will Dave deploy a very talented bullpen and things are taking my call?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my pleasure. Aaron.
Speaker 2: Yes, Blake Trinon definitely has been pitched a lot in this series. But if you look at it back to back nights, is he going to go three in a row. If the Dodgers need him to, he will. Evan Phillips pitched for the first time in this series tonight even though he threw thirty four pitches. Michael Kopek did not pitch tonight, and he could be used tomorrow because he's only pitched in one game this series. So the Dodger bullpen is looking pretty good, and that's thanks to their offense because last night they blew out the Mets. Tonight they blow out the Mets, so they stayed away from Anthony Banda the last two nights, so they're in a great spot. They stayed away from Daniel Hudson. Their bullpen is in a great spot. And Jack Flaherty is a big reason why the bullpen's in a great spot because he started this series with a dominant seven scoreless innings. And how perfect is it to have Jack flerity on the mount for the Dodgers, with the opportunity to pitch his childhood team.
Speaker 3: Back to the World Series.
Speaker 2: That is the great theater and great storylines that baseball always seems to produce, and it just seems like he's the perfect guy to be on the mound for the Dodgers with those circumstances. Let's take one more phone call before we go to our first break.
Speaker 3: Let's go out to Craig in Long Beach. Iray Craig, you're on Dodger Talk TV.
Speaker 14: What's happening, buddy, What a great night in New York City. You must be loving and my friend.
Speaker 3: Start spreading the news. Iray Craig.
Speaker 14: I'll tell you, man, it is great to see the Dodgers coming together like they are right now. Like you said, they're playing the best ball of the year, I believe, and they're just hitting on all cylinders from the top to the bottom. Of the lineup is just stacked right now. And that was that's without Freeman tonight, and it's just there's nowhere to go. You have no one to pitch around. You really don't have anywhere in the lineup where you can let up for a moment, and they're just piling on these guys. Man, it's great. I love it. I hate the Mets, and then we deface the Yankees in the World Series. Dude, Baseball is just loving this. You've got to know that the commissioner in his office is just a buzz with the reality of a Dodgers Yankees World Series. Hopefully it's going to get some big ratings and put baseball back where it belongs, right at the top of American sports man, Dodger baseball right now is the sweetest line that you can drink, Buddy, and I'll be listening tomorrow. I can't wait, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Craig, thanks a lot for the phone call.
Speaker 2: Yes, the Dodgers and Yankees seem to be on a collision course, but the Yankees have to take care of business in their league championship series as well. And it would be special Dodgers Yankees in the World Series for the first time since nineteen eighty one, Judge versus Otani, the two best players in the game facing off against each other. That would be like Magic and Bird Boston Lakers. That's what really started the NBA becoming as popular as it did. And look, there's no other way to say it. If you had Dodgers Yankees in the World Series, that certainly would grab headlines and certainly bring baseball to the forefront of every sports fan's consciousness and maybe even crossover where fans that don't usually watch the World Series would tune in for Otani and Judge, Dodgers and Yankees. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. The Dodgers are one win away from the World Series after a ten to two win over the Mets.
Speaker 3: On a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is available on a five seventy LA sports dot Com hand on the iHeartRadio app. Back to more Dodger Talk with Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 20: Now may tons to two.
Speaker 12: Bett swings hits a high fly ball left field, going back, nibble on the track at the wall.
Speaker 21: It is out of here.
Speaker 16: Mookie Betts watch that one fly from the batter's box, admiring a two run blast.
Speaker 2: Mookie Bets with a big night hitting behind show Heo Tani who walked three times tonight. Mooki comes up big twice tonight in the game. The first time it was a big two run double in the fourth inning, and then put the game in the fridge in the sixth inning with a two run home run. And uh, I'm not going to say this series is in the refrigerator, but it's getting very close to being closed and the eggs are almost cooling. As the Dodgers beat the Mets tonight ten to two and are just one win away from going back to the World Series for the first time since twenty twenty. Daniels Jewelers is the official sponsor of the Trip.
Speaker 3: Around the Diamond.
Speaker 2: Stop by any Daniel's location and say home run for your free team bracelet and fifty dollars gift card toward any purchase of ninety nine dollars or more. Daniel's Jewelers own the Dream. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number you may You may hear in my voice.
Speaker 3: I'm a little under the weather and I.
Speaker 2: Was getting roasted apparently in the Dodger Clubhouse today because our old friend Alanaizzo asked me to wake up and be on her TV show High Heat on MLB Network.
Speaker 3: So you know, I got back to the hotel.
Speaker 2: Room last night at about two pre Eastern time after closing out Dodger Talk and waiting for the Uber here. So I got about what six and a half hours of sleep before I had.
Speaker 3: To get on with her.
Speaker 2: I put on my Justin Turner Foundation had I did shower.
Speaker 3: I did shower, but I was.
Speaker 2: A little under the weather, and when I get to the ballpark today. Number one, I'm on the seventh train to City Field and somebody hit the emergency brake, so I was delayed about thirty five minutes to get to the ballpark. And while I'm on the subway, I guess they're replaying the show and Blake Trining is texting me like he's right around the corner. I said, wait, are you on the train. He's like, no, I'm watching you with on MLB network and your eyes are closed. And then I get to the ballpark and everybody thinks I was out till four or five in the morning and I was hungover. I wasn't hungover. I just wasn't feeling great. And that's the way I look. Sorry, That's all I can give you on a situation like that. So that's what was happening before the game. And then after the game, the Dodgers did what they have done so far in this series and really taking control of the games early on.
Speaker 3: And look, the toughest road.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers were going to have to get to the World Series was facing the Padres and they found a way to get through it in five games. The Mets have had a tremendous year, don't get me wrong, but they're not the Padres and they're not the Dodgers, and the Dodgers are just taking care of business, not giving extra outs, and they're playing for each other and the offense is doing a great job for each other. And that's the reason why they're just one went away from the World Series. And after the game tonight, I had a chance to catch up exclusively with the one and only show, Hey Otani, Show, Hey.
Speaker 3: How does that feel? How does that sound?
Speaker 2: One win away from the World Series.
Speaker 20: Played really good games the last two days, and the hope is to be able to play another good game tomorrow and just finish it.
Speaker 2: Show Hey, when you hit your lead off home run, could you feel the momentum immediately on your side tonight?
Speaker 20: You know it brought momentum, Yes on our side. Obviously they scored too, but we were able to continue our momentum. And I think you know who pitched great and pitched into.
Speaker 2: The fifth How big was that for Yamamoto to pitch the way he did tonight?
Speaker 3: Uh, this.
Speaker 21: Man, Macony.
Speaker 20: It's never easy to be, you know, pitching away in a pressure packed environment, But I think he was able to really battle through and keep the momentum on our side. He had to fight his own battles and he just really minimize the damage.
Speaker 3: Before I let you go. How much fun are you having.
Speaker 21: This ship, this Kitle.
Speaker 3: It's been.
Speaker 20: It's it's been very refreshing, just being able to enjoy with the teammates and also being able to play in front of away stadiums. The fans are amazing and it's been really fun.
Speaker 3: Arigato, thank you, thank you. There he goes show.
Speaker 2: Hey, oh tany he was walked three times tonight, he scored four times, and he also had the leadoff home run on the second pitch of the game to help the Dodgers beat the Mets in Game four ten to two. Hey, I mentioned this during the Clubhouse show, but it bears repeating.
Speaker 3: Low key.
Speaker 2: Is Tommy Edmund the NLCSMVP. You may say what, Tommy Edmund? Yeah, Tommy Edmund. He's hitting four to twelve in the first four games of this series with a ninety eighteen ops. He drives in three runs tonight. He has driven in a run in each of the first four games of this series. Not to mention playing shortstop, he has seven RBIs in this series. I would say the leading camdates. If the Dodgers close it out tomorrow, the Dodgers leading candidates for the NLCSMVPS would be either Tommy Edmund or Jack Flaherty, both of whom were acquired at the trade deadline by Andrew Friedman. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Lynnwood, Jessica, your aunt Dodger talk live from the Big Apple.
Speaker 22: How you doing, Hey, David, I just want to say, if we win tomorrow, we want you hungover. If we get the win tomorrow, we want you coming back to La hungover. Thank you, Thank you for taking my call. I'm excited about show Hay's home run, But I have a question for you. How does it feel to see Max Menty carrying that same imagy he had, blowing cigar, smoking your face onto the plate.
Speaker 3: Me and Max Monci, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like maybe i'm his Amad Rashad because he always shows his person when he's around me, and I love it. Max is a great guy and we're seeing him smile a lot.
Speaker 3: Jessica. Uh, he's doing a great job.
Speaker 2: But yeah, It's always an adventure whenever I'm around these guys.
Speaker 3: And uh, yeah, I guess i'll be.
Speaker 2: I have to drive home after we land tomorrow, so uh maybe I'll celebrate on Saturday.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 22: Yeah, twelve for twelve. We're excited for his performance. Thank you so much for taking my call.
Speaker 3: Hey, thanks for listening, Jessica, appreciate it. Hope, Uh hope.
Speaker 2: I'm smelling like champagne for a five hour flight back to La tomorrow. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to our guy in Guardina. Manuel, You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: How you doing many DV.
Speaker 10: Here's a glorious day indeed in Dodger Kingdom. I wanted to tell you, man, I remember you. I know you remember, I should say, when they were getting chippy around you and they are like, hey, players, only meeting. I knew that these guys man business. I believe that was like in Arizona, the Arizona series of the San Diego These guys have showed a lot of hard and I think all of us fans got to finally get that Atlanta.
Speaker 3: We were in Atlanta.
Speaker 6: All that happened.
Speaker 10: But but yeah, I remember that, man.
Speaker 23: They were all chippy, and you know they're not usually like that with you, So I knew these guys were business only and it's unfinished business right now. But real quick, my point, Dave Roberts and Andrew Friedman need to be lauded the way they are, which is they are top executives and top managers in MLB, not only currently but history. Now, we're gonna get it done this year, to cement.
Speaker 10: It, to shut up all those people about twenty twenty, to shut up all the people about Atlanta being Atlanta of the New Age, because these guys got heart.
Speaker 21: Man.
Speaker 10: Tommy Edmund deserves that NLCS MVP, but Jack Flack flaherty Man is the man, and I got all the confidence in him. I love you, go Dodgers World Champions twenty twenty four, out trow.
Speaker 3: All right, Mannie, thanks a lot for the phone call.
Speaker 2: Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 3: Let's go out to ROSALIEO in Lake Balboa. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Rosalio?
Speaker 24: Hey, I'm doing great, Dave, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm I'm I'm.
Speaker 2: Really excited for those guys because they've put in a lot of work, have had to go through a lot this year, and they're just one win away from the World Series and it's well deserved.
Speaker 24: Absolutely absolutely. Speaking of well deserved, I really want the La Dodgers fans to recognize Dave Roberts as just somebody that's got you know, he's got a real good set managing the bullpens, the picture staff the way he has, and I feel like he never gets enough credit. Ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels like he takes a lot of criticism, but when things go well and things work out, nobody really points out that he's pushing all the right buttons right now, and even with the starting lineup today, you know what they came.
Speaker 3: Up with really worked.
Speaker 2: And look, Rosalio, when things don't go the Dodgers' way, it's not all on Dave Roberts. And when they win, it's not all because of Dave Roberts. I'm not sure people realize that.
Speaker 24: Yeah, absolutely, well go Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Thanks all right, thank you for the phone call, Rosalio, And yeah, I appreciate you calling in and talking about Dave because he really has managed a great year there's a lot of attention, a lot of pressure, a lot of expectations, and he's been able to manage all that and find a way to be nimble in the postseason. And him and Andrew Friedman and their staff have really devised a really effective game plan for this pitching staff that, frankly, going into it was a little thin. But between what Jack Flaherty and Walker Buehler and Yoshiyamamoto have been able to give the Dodgers, they've been able to go to their strength, which is their bullpen. And what has made all this work is the offense. Did anybody think the Dodgers would outscore an opponent in the NLCS in their three wins twenty seven to two.
Speaker 3: That's what it's been.
Speaker 2: And if you take away that Mark Viento's Grand Slam in Game two of the NLCS, the Dodgers have outscored the Mets in this series thirty to four. I actually think that if Landon Nak gives up anything but a Grand Slam to Mark Vientos in Game two, We're sitting here and I'm soaked in champagne, and the Dodgers have swept the NLCS. It's just a matter of time, and time is running out on the Mets season tomorrow. Just really special to have Jack Flaherty on the mound, to be able to have the opportunity to pitch his Dodgers to the World Series. Let's go out to Mike in Rancho Cucamonga. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 5: How you doing, Mike, Hey, David, great to talk to you. As always, appreciate that energy from caller Manny. Appreciate that. I think every time I call you guys, he's on the line too, and he comes with that good energy. So shout out to Manny. But I just wanted to agree with the points David that you know, we we've definitely stepped up our game from the Padre series. I think we were we expanded to zone in that series and we really cleaned that up. We cleaned up our defense. You know, we're not making those mental mistakes. And you know, I think the one thing I just want to see in the World Series series is to have Max Munsey be moved up in the lineup. I think, you know, his on base percentage, in the way that he's getting on base right now, we should take some better advantage of that. Opportunity and maybe move him up in the lineup to you know, have him score some runs. But yeah, appreciate your late night work and appreciate caller Manny, and thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 3: Hey, thank you, Mike. Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: And when the Dodgers win the World Series, Mike, they better throw a parade for two guys out there, Joe Kelly and Dino Ebel, the pride of Rancho Kucamonga.
Speaker 24: Hey, let's hear it.
Speaker 5: And don't forget about call her Mike from Rancho.
Speaker 10: I'm in it.
Speaker 3: Oh, you want to be part of the parade. What'd you do?
Speaker 16: I'm late night with you, Dave.
Speaker 24: I'm listening.
Speaker 9: I'm throwing the juju out there. I got the jerseys on, the hats on. We were right, bootball gods.
Speaker 3: You could drive the convertible.
Speaker 2: Maybe you could drive Pool Hols' corvette and with those two guys in the back seat.
Speaker 3: Thanks Mike, appreciated.
Speaker 2: Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Mets ten to two in Game four of the NLCS and they are just one win away from the World Series. And really the first time they have an opportunity to throw a parade in LA. You heard Kei k a Hernandez say it last night. You've heard every Dodger that was part of that twenty twenty championship say the biggest regret that they missed out on was not being able to celebrate with you, not being able to have a parade. And that's what Kik wants, That's what Monsey wants, that's what Walker Buehler wants.
Speaker 3: All these guys that were part of.
Speaker 2: That twenty twenty team, they want a parade and they are doing everything in their power to try to make it happen. But even with a win tomorrow night to go to the World Series, it's not going to be easy to beat the Yankees or the Guardians. They're both really good teams. Let's go out to Downy one. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing one?
Speaker 18: But how are you doing? How about them Dodgers? How about them Dodgers?
Speaker 3: How about them Dodgers?
Speaker 18: A quick question. I'm probably your only one that's gonna say this. I really think the Guardians are going to pull it through it knock the Yankees out. That's where I'm going.
Speaker 3: I don't want to go to Cleveland.
Speaker 18: I don't want to see New York.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 18: I'm sorry. I read.
Speaker 2: I read the Dodgers them they don't have a great bit. Okay, they got one starter and Garrett Cole. I want to see Dodgers Yankees.
Speaker 18: Yeah, but see, I really I don't know. I just really think, well, by what happened today.
Speaker 3: There you go again.
Speaker 2: You're you're getting into that trap that everybody else got into when the playoffs started. You're giving the opponent way too much credit and now not realizing your team is the team nobody wants to see.
Speaker 18: Oh yeah, yeah, I agree with you, and we're gonna be Will be either.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 18: Your your question was who do we think we're gonna face in the Will series. I really think we're gonna face the Guardians. But you know, no matter who we play, we're gonna beat them. We're gonna win. I will be out there and celebrating the parade. Like I agree, it sucks that they didn't get to enjoy no parade in twenty twenty. But this is what my question to you is this, who do you think will be moving up or who will be well? Who will be calling up for the World Series team that's not in the team at this person moment.
Speaker 3: You're saying who they may switch out for the.
Speaker 2: World Series roster, Yes, sir, well, my understanding is the Dodgers are not ruling out Alex Vessia.
Speaker 3: Or Bruce star Grattarol.
Speaker 2: Those would be the two guys that I'm thinking one and who knows about Miguel Rowe. He's trying to get his sports hernia under control. So those three injured Dodgers have not been ruled out if they go to the World Series. I can't remember if Dave said Rojas is out, but he's not going to be starting many games. He would come in as a late inning defensive replacement.
Speaker 3: Thanks for the phone call, one appreciate it.
Speaker 2: That's the way we'll walk it off tonight here on Dodger Talk. Tomorrow, Game five of the World of the NLCS, with the Dodgers one win away from going to the World Series. It will be Jack Flaherty going up against left hander David Peterson Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck begins at one o'clock with first pitch with Rick Monday and Steven Nelson at two five from City Field. Thanks to calling ye back at our Burbank studios. Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at City Field, and thanks to you for listening. In case he missed any of the show, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. That's also where you can find our pregame conversation with Walker buehlerst exciting times to be a Dodger fan. They are one win away from the World Series and it could happen, and I believe it will happen tomorrow night as the Dodgers and Mets face off in a Game five.
Speaker 3: Here at City Field. Once again.
Speaker 2: The final score in Game four, the Dodgers beat the Mets ten to two.
Speaker 3: Have a great rest of your night.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to you tomorrow morning on Scam, SAX and Cakes beginning at six o'clock.
Speaker 3: See them SA