Speaker 1: This is Dan Caples and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. And I planned to have a lot of fun today. I'm glad you're here for it. Three oh three someone three eight two five five the number text d A M five seven seven three nine. And I think it's fair to say the fun is back right since Trump one. I mean, I know, for you, for me, for Ryan, for everyday, We've always been having a lot of fun, right, So we're just we're just having more fun now. So how about we say more fun is back since Trump one? So some really good ways to enjoy that today. Gabe Evans is going to join us five point thirty six. He is a congressman obviously from Colorado. Won that really tough race up in CDA, and pretty good thing he did, right, so we have a Republican House. But even better, he's really good. And that is a cool thing right now in Colorado because you look at these Republicans who've won and they're really good. So that helps in so many different ways, So it'd be great to have Gabe here with us. At five three six, Jimmy SANGENBERGERL do a drop sometimes soon because there's a big hearing in Federal Court in Denver today. There's a superstar young federal judge getting a lot of attention from around the country. His name's Dan Dominico. He sits on the trial bench. And as you know, when we talk about federal courts, a lot of these stories you're hearing these days are from the federal appellate level called the circuit circuit courts, Federal Court of Appeals, etc. And then you have federal judges. When you hear okay, federal judge did this or that, they're normally talking about trial level judges. And normally somebody becomes a judge anywhere really, but a judge in the federal court system, a trial court judge.
Speaker 2: Those are really.
Speaker 1: Really impressive, high powered people, and Judge Dominico really standing out, and he handed down an important ruling day in DPS going after the Trump administration. So Jimmy Sangenberger at four point thirty six, spoiler alert, I think you're gonna like it at least I hope you like it, because if you like it, it means you're thinking right about this stuff. And I don't mean right versus left, I mean right versus wrong. You can text us, Dan five seven, seven thirty nine. First text. What's the price for that today, Ryan? Ten thousand dollars. No, it's not not for me, that's not In fact, you get nothing for that other than the satisfaction of.
Speaker 2: Writing it, and nothing like it.
Speaker 1: The shorter, Yeah, I can't tell you how many times I've heard that the shorter the text is the better.
Speaker 2: Yes, brevity is the soul of wit.
Speaker 1: Oh, especially text, because you know we're whipping through these critters. I mean, you know, so many of the great talk show hosts these days, including you, Ryan, right, are pretty much text only now right for pace of show. I'm kind of a dinosaur when it comes to preferring calls. But what percentage of the shows would you say these days are our text only?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Mine, but that's not by choice. I know, Eric, who's a very loyal listener, is awesome. He calls this show out. He'd love to call my show. I would love Eric to call my show. Yeah, but I don't have the regular presence.
Speaker 2: I don't have a me to you that would be a oh you don't have a Ryan.
Speaker 3: No, well it's helpful, I think, Oh, my goodness, not that regular person. So because I can't commit to that on the regular item, Oh, we're taking calls today, but not today.
Speaker 1: And speaking of which, Ryan, yes, sir, that there are some really deprived people in the world who do not have.
Speaker 2: Their own Ryan.
Speaker 1: I want to throw an idea out there today. Maybe people could text some suggestions. I am such a lucky guy. I just I'm a trial lawyer. I love trying cases. I love my clients. It's it's just such a privilege and a rush to go up there and be able to try case. And I have literally I have seven seven big trials upcoming, all of which are going none of them are going to settle. And so as we've been working on lining up some folks to uh to sit in, you know, we're going to have the tremendous talents that we normally do, and we're putting that schedule together. But I'd like to add somebody new. So if you've got an idea, somebody you think would just be a great talk radio host, a great sub host, we'd like to add somebody fresh to the lineup as I head into this run of trials. And it's not like I'm going to disappear for three months in a row here. I mean, these trials are spread out between now and the end of the year. But seven that are going. So I got seven and.
Speaker 3: You know, you never know that one time you've got seven if you haven't.
Speaker 1: More that at any oh no, And you know the reality of civil trial law, my friend, is that it is so so hard to get to trial because in civil right, if they end up paying your client fully, that case isn't going to trial, right, And there are some exceptions to that right, because there are some cases we do which are just cases about public safety, public interest, etc. Where you know, no matter what they offer, that case is going to trial because the facts need to be public and everybody needs to see it. And the client, you know, sometimes the client walks in and says, Dan, I don't care, I don't care what they offer, how much they're going to pay. I want to go to trial. I want this case tried. I want the public to see everything. And so yeah, no matter what they offer, sometimes those cases go to trial. For the most part though, when the defendant has eventually forced the insurance company to step up and pay fully, those cases will settle, right. So so on the civil side, when you reach that point where they're just going to pay you fully because they know they're going to get pounded if they don't, it's hard to get to trial, my friends. So this is a real alignment of the stars that I am just very grateful for that. Yeah, seven in a row, so you can have you can have some really good trial lawyers who get to trial once or twice a year or maybe not even that. But so for a guy like me, that's like you get to go do seven Super Bowls in a row. So it's going to be fascinating. Do you have any ideas, somebody, just because we've got such a great lineup of star talent who's going to be sitting in during those trials and everybody, I think knows who those folks are if you listen to this show and we're lining them up and and grateful they're going to be.
Speaker 2: Able to do it.
Speaker 1: An idea for somebody fresh and new, let's.
Speaker 2: Brainstorm a little bit.
Speaker 3: So I imagine the usual suspects would include Heidigan all Yes, Christy Britton Brown, Yes, John Kelderrea is always a good go to. Yeah, John c Icon, he is Independence Institute. Can George Brockle or even do anyway?
Speaker 1: I don't think he does, but I think he agreed to do one day. I think he's going to do the twenty fifth.
Speaker 2: That'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Is another one for Flora yea and for sure any other one much talent.
Speaker 2: Well, Kelly should do it. I would love that.
Speaker 1: Seven tups you. He can't because of the Dea stuff. I don't know he can't. He can't an I wanted him to do it a while back. I think in that job he Kennedy, Yeah, I got is one of the first people.
Speaker 2: I asked, damn dude, I got it. Yeah. Peter Boyles.
Speaker 1: Happens to be at the different station, of which thanks for reminded me, because I'm going to be on with him tomorrow morning on his show, Okay, I think at nine o'clock talking about this Columbine story. So yeah, no, that that would be awesome, certainly, but I don't think he can do that since he's on a different station. I didn't know Dick Watdams is going to do a show yeap or two.
Speaker 2: Human lightning rod.
Speaker 1: Oh no, but that's what you're after, right, yeah, not these goofballs who come in and and just to get attention, they'll set their hair on fire around naked like that lady on the plane. You see that, the naked lady on the plane. Oh man, they had to land the plane. Yeah, I did see that viral. Yeah yeah, Oh my lord. It just brought a flashback. Yeah. So oh, just this time and college and you got you have to understand, my friend. When I was in college, my first maybe my first three full years, maybe the fourth, I fully intended to go back to the seminary. So while I would date and everything else, I was I was planning to go back to the seminary. And so I just had a flashback to I got up one day and I walked into my shower and there's there's this naked female who I did not know.
Speaker 2: Would you like to know her?
Speaker 1: No? No, I was, I was head up to the seminary. I was heading to the seminary. I I was in college to get my college education on the wonderful event scholarship, and I was going back to be a priest. That was the plan at that point.
Speaker 3: I think even God has a sense of humor, and that might have been hell, you know, it'd have been a test.
Speaker 1: It was a back of a test, the back of a test.
Speaker 3: My friend.
Speaker 1: But I passed that. When there have been others I have not, but I passed.
Speaker 2: That with our human Did I ever tell you?
Speaker 1: And I got at this break and then we'll go Kevin and Fort Morgan as a host suggestion, I ever tell you the very first young lady I met on the Sioux campus. Come out from the seminary, high school seminary, come out to see you, and I'm crossing the street onto campus my very first time, and I loved every day up there. I ever tell you about the first person I ever met, first female I ever met on the Sioux campus.
Speaker 2: I think I remember this one.
Speaker 3: Was going to tell it again, tell that's always it bears retelling. I get it because she bore all.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, young apparent co ed with absolutely not a stitch on. And I just remember crossing the street and thinking I'm not in the seminary anymore. But yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Gott admire the confidence. Got admire her confidence.
Speaker 1: Oh it was extraordinary, yeah, right, three seven, three eight, two five five takes d a N five seven seven three nine, And.
Speaker 3: Now back to the Dan Kamplass Show podcast that TikTok chat.
Speaker 2: I don't even know where to begin. I'm not sure why this is necessary.
Speaker 3: I mean, there is like serious stuff happening in this country, but that seems to be just inviting ridicule.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Democrats, the gift that keep on giving, right, they are just so totally off balance as they should be, right because it's all falling apart from them as it should three out three seven three eight two five five The number text d an five seven seven three nine. So we're talking about everything under the sun to day. Oh sorry, we lost Kevin from Fort Morgan. I was going to go there next. Because one of the things we're kicking around is, you know, we have this kind of star lineup of filling hosts when I'm in Troll and I've got seven jury trials between now and the end of the year that are certain to go, and so we're looking to add another guest host. All our usual superstars are on board and they're going to be filling in, but we just wanted to add somebody fresh. So we've been kicking around some ideas. Dan guests toast the Colonel Cory. Oh nice, Yeah, excellent suggestion. I thought for a second, what's that, Colonel Kurt Dale.
Speaker 2: He's told him that's what we mean. Oh, I got confused.
Speaker 1: That is a tremendous idea, Kurt Dale. If you're new to the show, thanks for being here. But if you're new this show, We've got this great regular caller, Colonel Kurt and he's an American hero, military hero, and he's you know, he's getting up there in years now, but he he has some amazing stories to tell. When he was the hero of the game at the Nuggets game one night, that is the loudest I've ever heard that arena, other than I think during the game where they won the NBA championship and he came out there. He came out there with this full Air Force uniform on it and his walker. It was so cool. Dan, Peter Boyles was on your show once, so he can do it again. I love him forever, Donna, and that that's a very popular suggestion. I'll ask Pete. I'm gonna be on his show tomorrow just after nine am talking about this Columbine thing, so I'll ask him if he's able to do this one, So the colonel. Another suggestion for the colonel, doctor Brian June depth filled in for someone once. Okay, that's a good suggestion. Neighborhood, right, Yes, that's an excellent suggestion. I think this maybe tongue in cheek here, Putin would be a great guest toast. He could tell the truth instead of the.
Speaker 2: Lies you tell.
Speaker 1: Thank God for Trump and Putin. I would sure like to meet that texture I text because but you know, I got to tell you and we all know it. I actually met some true Satanists once, and I and Putin to me is Satan on earth. So if there are going to be some Satanists, then there are probably some Putin lovers.
Speaker 2: Dan.
Speaker 1: How about Kelly filling in for you one of these days. It's not the first vote for her, that would be and it won't be the last. Yeah, that would be.
Speaker 2: I would love for her to have that opportunity.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: I don't know if she could keep it like under r rated though, well you would have to.
Speaker 1: She's got salty language. You would have to keep her. Let's go to Kevin and Fort Morgan, our prayers are answered. You're on the Dan Kapla show. How you doing Kevin?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 2: Are you guys doing this? I got it all?
Speaker 5: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Here, let me get my pen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, write it down a Craig Craig Silverman.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that is a great suggestion. Thank you for that. Excellent suggestion. Yeah, Ryan, give Craig a call if you wish.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, excellent suggestion, Man, Thank you, my friend. Yeah, what about hold on? What about ever hear that story? What about Sheriff? Steve reams?
Speaker 2: Oh, tremendous, just solid. Yeah, that is solid.
Speaker 1: I would love for text him right now if he'd be willing to do a show.
Speaker 2: Nobody's listening, sape. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know what's always a little bit of a challenge is if you're if you're actually guest hosting, then you've got to get the mechanics down a little bit in here. But that is obviously not rocket science. Since I can do it and you would be here, you're going to be here to help anybody about Yeah, please see if the sheriff can do it, that's a great idea. Here here's another chicken dinner winter winter, uh Dan for a guest host called Wayne Logison at the Gazette in Colorado Springs. That is a no blank and brainer. So we will definitely, uh definitely invite Wayne dan suggestions, Jared Polist, Mike Johnson, how do you think? And maybe I just want I need to ask the folks we work for. I need to ask the listeners. How would you feel about that if we just had some lefty hosts the show someday? Now, we've had lots of lefty Craig. I brought Craig on the show, did a point counterpoint for years. But to just have a lefty host the show herself for himself, how do you think people would feel about that?
Speaker 3: I think Jared Poulis is looking to get in that arena much the same way that Governor Gavin Newsom has done with this podcast, and maybe he'd do it. It'd be hilarious, it'd be awesome.
Speaker 1: I don't mean this disrespectfully, but who's going to listen to Polis?
Speaker 2: I think they get a lot of calls.
Speaker 1: I bet now, who on the left could do a show that people would listen to? Newsome? I think people would listen to. Who in Colorado on the left would people listen to? Boy, I know who they'd listen.
Speaker 2: To, Michael Betett.
Speaker 1: No, oh no, I but I bet people on the I bet, and it wouldn't be conservative. Some conservatives would remember Leslie Harrod because she had the courage to come on the show as a guest when she had one of the worst bills in Colorado history, which Polis made his top priority, a bill that would have criminalized most really serious crimes many I should say, very serious second crimes, violence, crimes, et cetera, in public schools in Colorado. But I will always credit her for being willing to come on the show, and we had the back and forth. But she's she's a smart, articulate, flamethrower type.
Speaker 2: I bet she.
Speaker 1: I bet she could succeed as a talk show host. Another suggestion, Mark Major, Sure, hey, Mark could do any show Mike Rosen, What.
Speaker 2: A great idea. I think that's an eight plus choice as well.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 1: I think he'd do it like a one off comeback Randy Corporate.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I bet we could get Mike to commit and do a show.
Speaker 1: I'd like to do a show with.
Speaker 3: Him, right, But even if like this trial, it's taken you away and just as like a plug and play. Uh oh yeah, you of coming attractions like, yeah, that he would come back and do a dual show with you.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you know what it'd be cool about rosen Is. I bet we have a decent number of folks in the audience who moved here after Mike left air. Mike Rosan, if you're a nut, all this Mike Mike Crows and iconic talk show host in Denver. He was on the blow tourch eight fifty k a way forever, enormous audience. Yeah, and filled in for Rush once or twice he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Be the pinnacle of his career.
Speaker 2: Oh, I just thought of another one.
Speaker 1: I thought of another one, John Fabrica toy. Yeah, that's another John fab Fabbs. Yes, a lot of Randy corporate votes there. Oh, dream show Craig and George co hosting. You know, I would love to co host a show with Craig again, at least once or twice. But did I ever tell you a story how close we were to putting that show back together. No, yeah, we got we got on a Friday, We got within one corporate approval of having that show back together. And then yeah, it had a very very close did not happen. Unfortunately, that would have been history.
Speaker 2: That would have been great butterfly effect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so if anybody has any suggestions, we have much more to talk about today. There's a lot going on in the world, as you might imagine, and at Denver Institution changing its name. This isn't important, but I think you're going to find it really interesting. You're on the Dan Kapla.
Speaker 3: Show, you're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: I am not accustomed to helping your party do anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but let me give you some advice. This was the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: And if you read the comments today, lord to have mercy.
Speaker 2: Look, scrambling for.
Speaker 1: New social media and communications strategies is not a replacement for fixing what's actually wrong.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: Don't be surprised if he's a future president. Scott Jennings on CNN. And that's one thing about all this, right, you get these guys and gals, they go out and they do the media stuff and they get those communication skills, because hey, it's just like you know, choosing a quarterback. You know, the quarterback has to have three four different skills. But unless you got the arm that's not going to work out. And unless you got the communication skills all the other stuff, yeah, you're never going to be that effective or successful. So that's why you see these people who who they have that and then they're able to go parlay it into other stuff, and I think Jennings is one of them. We'll get back to all of our callers. One of the topics that we've woven in today that's really taken off is just suggestions on a great fill in hosts. I've got seven Jerry Trial's coming up between now and the end of the year that are certain to go, and we already have an all star lineup. In fact, Jimmy Sangeberger's one of them, but we want to add a couple of fresh faces. Speaking of fresh faces, Jimmy, I have a feeling when they bury you at one hundred and twenty, people are going to say, what happened to this poor twelve year old? Right?
Speaker 2: Have you aged a day in your life?
Speaker 1: You're you're like frozen in time? What's that movie Benjamin Button?
Speaker 5: That is one of the things when I was younger, my mom said, one day, Jimmy, it will pay off. And I feel like in my thirties.
Speaker 1: It is oh I must yeah, because what do you think you look like?
Speaker 2: What age?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Goodness, now on late twenties. Yeah, I would say I finally look closer to my age, but I always keep looking closer to my age.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It is a great skill, my friend. So, hey, thanks for being down in a federal court today. This really impressive, talked about young conservative trial Judge Dan Domenico. Folks about the hearing today and the outcome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so this is Denver Public Schools had challenged the Department of Homeland Security in federal court, saying, Hey, this policy.
Speaker 6: That you have that is allowing for more latitude for ICE to make arrests or engage in operations dealing with illegal immigration enforcement at or near.
Speaker 5: Schools, bus stops, these so called sensitive or protective locations, we think that needs to go. That it's arbitrary and capricious, and we want to better understand the reasoning behind this. So Judge Domenico, please give us an injunction, a temporary injunction or preliminary injunction to stop this in its tracks and give us a chance to understand the reasoning for why the administration was doing this. Now, This was changing policy from twenty twenty one under Biden that basically said, if you have an arrest to make or an operation to undergo, you have to that is at or near school. You have to go to headquarters in where DC or wherever ICE headquarters is and get permission to do that. Basically, what Trump is doing is saying no, Instead, We're going to allow some latitude and discrete to the local offices so that the field directors and the folks there can make a determination on the ground if this is appropriate. And to this point, Dan, now two plus months into the or nearly two months rather into the Trump administration, there has been no operation in a school, just one that was within a mile of several schools in DPS at an apartment complex. So that kind of set it up for you a little bit.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, gotcha? And obviously the administration has to have that option. You can't be sending the message to people who have committed other crimes that they can find safe space in a school. So where did the court come down?
Speaker 5: So Judge Domenico specifically said, I think I'm going to do what I don't normally do, which is issue a ruling on the bench, so I can explain my thinking a little bit more, and ultimately he concluded, after hearing about half hour arguments from both DPS's lawyers and the Department of Homeland Security two main conclusions. One, he thinks that DPS is unlikely to show that they have standing to challenge this particular change because of who the harms actually affect. DPS was saying, hey, look, it's depressing attendance because students are scared, families are scared that there might be arrests on schools. And he's like, that's not going on, and that's not.
Speaker 6: Something that's a different sort of situation.
Speaker 5: Then his second biggest thing is he says much of the injury relied on here by DPS is speculative based on fears of future actions, as the government argued, those kinds of harms are typically not enough for this. He was very wary of issuing what they were asking for, which was.
Speaker 4: A nationwide injunction on this, saying, look, this just does not meet the bars that is necessary legally, and also the issue Jews that are involved here aren't really traceable to the action that you're challenging.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, very solid and did Jimmy, appreciate the update on that. You're going to write a column on it.
Speaker 5: I will from two Denver.
Speaker 1: We will be reading it. Thanks your time today, my friend.
Speaker 5: All right, Dan, and thanks for bringing some youth onto the show.
Speaker 1: Thanks jim you take care. I think Jimmy was referring to me. It's someday we'll have to do a show on that, because I do think one of the big changes we've seen in life over the last twenty thirty years is age is much much, much less relevant than it used to be.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Part of that's medical advances, attitudes, you know, lifestyle, health stuff, all that good stuff. But yeah, you get so many people, you get so many of these seventy year olds, even some eighty year olds who are more like fifty year olds. And then you're still going to get the Joe Biden types, right, who are eighty when they're fifty. But yeah, just much less relevant. I mean, yeah eight five or zero five A two five five takes d A N five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: Got some updates please?
Speaker 3: Both John Fabricatory and Sheriff Steve Reims say they are all in their enthusiastic.
Speaker 1: Good I am very glad to hear that. Another suggestion Dan Gabe Evans. I don't think Gabe could do it, because maybe he could, we'll ask him, but he would be fantastic.
Speaker 2: Could be with us at five thirty six.
Speaker 1: By the way, talk about his very very effective questioning of Mayor Mike Johnston. You know, I I am really that wrong. In fact, I kind of pride myself on my batting average, but I was just dead wrong about being unable to lay a glove on Mike Johnston in this congressional hearing because of the format. I mean, as I said over and over again, the questioners are going to be really good, but the format is awful because he don't have a judge to order the witness to answer the question. The questioners only have five minutes. But boy, we saw some questioners do really effective stuff, including Congressman Evans, who joins us at five thirty six, and Congressoman Bobert as well. I mean she she came right out of the gate with penning Johnston down. And he always hides behind these state laws. Oh we got to follow state Lowell, will you join me in changing the state law? Hell no, heck no, he said. I mean, some really effective stuff. I personally, I was real impressed with the level of preparation of the questioners, and I think they accomplished a lot.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you know who didn't accomplish a lot?
Speaker 3: Dan Hm, the law firm that was paid two million dollars to prepare him for the questioning.
Speaker 1: As I suggested before. My own belief is I don't think they're paid two million dollars to, you know, prepare them for the questioning. My dearly departed Reggie are great dead dog could have prepared him for the questioning. I think they got paid the money to try to keep their rear ends out of the ringers legally.
Speaker 3: Did you hear Mayor Mike Johnston divulge why that always paid? He said it was in case the Congressional Committee subpoena documents from the Mayor's office and from the Denver City Council, et cetera.
Speaker 2: So they need the legal represent to provide cover for them.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that for a second. Personal that's what he said, and maybe it's true, but I know, I think what they're they're looking down the road. They saw what happened with DOJ going after the State of New York and the governor, and they are expecting DOJ to come after the mayor and the city for the same kind of sanctuary city policies in my constitutionally protected opinion. So anyway, yeah, if you have any suggestions, I love that. Again, we're blessed with this all star line and fulfilling host, but we always try to add some new talent, and Lord knows there's plenty out there.
Speaker 2: I want me go back.
Speaker 1: I do want to get into some of the other important news today. President Trump going off on Russia. I want to get that to you. And what do you think he's teasing? Oh, speaking of teases, I blew it in this segment, Ryan, why didn't you or Kelly throw something at It's my fault. Yeah, you know at talk radio, and when you tease something into a segment, you got to deliver on it. And I even made a note to myself and I blew it before we came into this segment. I teased major Denver Institution has changed its name, so I'll deliver on that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Do you see that the Dumb Friends League has changed its name? And my only question would be, what took it so long? Denver Dumb's Friend Dumb Friends League. Maybe I should be in there. I can't even say it. Denver Dumb Friend's League, animal charity, change his name? Did they have to put animal charity in the headline? Did they really think somebody was going to think there was a business or an organization Denver Dumb Friend's League that was not an animal charity.
Speaker 3: I think we all have some dumb friends, though, but speak for yourself, my friend, and not my dumb friend, my very smart friend. Dumb Friends League officially dumped its century old name Friday, announcing it's rebranding as.
Speaker 1: Humane Colorado. Humane Colorado. So I never did understand. Maybe we can find the origin of the Denver Dumb Friends League name to begin with. Never understood that because I think we all know many many animals seem smarter than a lot of people. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 1: That guy sounds sad.
Speaker 2: We was doing that.
Speaker 1: Years ago, so see I could cure it in his voice, and that is sad, so sad.
Speaker 3: Well, the song was dumb, so.
Speaker 1: Few during ads like thing. Yeah, because we just did that story that it just changed the name. The name's been around one hundred years Denver Dumb Friend's League, and they've changed it to what did I say, Umane Colorado.
Speaker 2: That's original name Colorado.
Speaker 1: It's extremely original, and I was I was doing a little research during the break and it looks like the whole Dumb Friends League thing goes back one hundred years to when animals were the dumb ment.
Speaker 2: Mut Yeah, dumb, daff and mute. But I'm still a dumb name.
Speaker 3: It's it's dumber now because isn't there going to create massive confusion with the Humane Society, which is a totally separate organization, right right.
Speaker 1: That's that's you're barking up the right track.
Speaker 2: Oh there are you? Sure? Yeah?
Speaker 1: It so, uh, Texter, I want to get to some of these news stories too, But we had asked folks if they had suggestions for, uh, some fill in hosts, and we obviously have a superstar lineup and we'll be involving all of those tremendous talents over the next few months because I have I have seven jury trials between now in the end of the year that at this point appear all certain to go. So they are not going to happen at once. The longest of those is a three week trial that starts September second, but then they're kind of spread out throughout the year. So we just wanted to add a couple of fresh faces. And we're getting some amazing suggestions thanks to Erica's suggestion Stephan Tubbs, and believe me, I reached out to Stephan as soon as he left competing station, but now that he's with the DEA, he cannot do it.
Speaker 2: Apparently.
Speaker 1: Douglas County Sheriff a Weekly excellent suggestion as well. I wanted to get to this news story and make a suggestion on this a tweet from the President based on the fact that Russia is absolutely quote pounding Ukraine on the battlefield right now. I am strongly considering large scale banking sanctions and tariffs on Russia until a cease fire and final settlement agreement on peaces reach to Russia and Ukraine get to the table right now before it's too late.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I think President Trump right now should absolutely hammer Russia with sanctions, Absolutely hammer Russia. Clearly Russia is trying to take advantage of the President being firm with Selenski right now, and there was just a horrific bombardment in Ukraine today, So I think the president needs to do that. I'm glad to see that tweet, and I hope he does do it.
Speaker 2: I like seeing him talk tough to both sides, Dan, and like you said.
Speaker 3: Russia can't get too comfortable thinking he is like sympathetic to their cause.
Speaker 2: He wants the end of this war.
Speaker 3: And he said that he views himself as a mediator, as and arbiter, as somebody that can kind of make this whole thing come to an end.
Speaker 2: And I'm with you.
Speaker 3: Hammer Russia with sanctions make them hurt even more than they already are, because they've lost a lot of men in this war Russia has already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But obviously part of being satan for Putin is he doesn't care how many He doesn't care how many grieving mothers and fathers and sisters and brothers. He just doesn't care because he's satan. And when we talk about him er both sides. I get your point in terms of a strategy to get peace, but I think it's always worth remembering that these two sides are not equivalent. One's an invader and one was invaded, you know, And there's clear wrong and there's clear right. I'm not saying Selenski or Ukraine are perfect. I think Selensky was horrific in the Oval Office last week, and Trump was brilliant, Fans was brilliant. Selensky did a grave to service to his nation. But it is Putin who is evil. It is Putin who invaded. But in terms of at this point, yeah, Selensky having to understand that the US is not going to pour unlimited amounts of money into what is an unwinnable war unless Europe is willing to put boots on the ground. If Europe is willing to put boots on the ground to fight the war, then there's a chance for Ukraine to win the war. If Europe isn't, then there's no chance.
Speaker 2: It's that simple.
Speaker 1: And at this point, Europe made it clear years ago it would not put boots on the ground to fight that war. And lord knows, there shouldn't be a single American boot on the ground. So yeah, because Europe made that decision not to support Ukraine in a way that would have mattered, then yeah, that sealed the fate of this. And Trump. Don't blame Trump, He's just trying to stop the bloodshed and end it in the best way possible. But yeah, he should absolutely hammer Russia right now for these attacks today. Another tweet from the president quote Shalom Hamas means hello and goodbye. You can choose release all of the hostages now, not later, and immediately return all of the dead bodies of the people you're murdered, or it is over for you. Over All in caps only sick and twisted people keep bodies, and you are sick and twisted. I am sending Israel everything it needs to finish the job. Not a single Hamas member will be safe if you don't do as I say. I have just met with your former hostages, whose lives you have destroyed. This is your last warning for the leadership. Now is the time to leave Gaza while you still have a chance. Also to the people of Gaza, a beautiful future awaits, but not if you hold hostages. If you do, you are dead. All in caps. Make a smart decision. Release the hostages now, or there will be hell to pay later. Donald Trump, President of the United States. I love that, absolutely love that. Hey, when we come back, open lines, a lot of ground to cover.
Speaker 2: In the five o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: I do want to continue that conversation of the best pizza in Colorado.
Speaker 2: It is time to figure that one out and.
Speaker 1: Get Gabe Evans, star young new congressman, will join us at five thirty six. He's a great question to Mike Johnston on The Dan Kapla Show