Speaker 1: It's with Dan Ray. I'm tell you Boston News Radio.
Speaker 2: Well, I'd like to open up a conversation about the indicted Boston City councilor uh Tanier Fernandez Anderson. And this indictment came down. I think it was last Friday, if I'm not mistaken, I was off and yesterday there were a couple of stories that were uh overwhelming, the capture of Luigi uh Maine Mangioni in Altoona, Pennsylvania, as well as the acquittal of Daniel Penny in that New York case what uh the case that resulted in the death of a homeless person on a New York subway. I was reading a walker's calumn in the Boston Globe. He was pretty tough on Fernandez Anderson, as I will be. I think the Herald, on forget which day it was, the Herald calls for her to resign. I believe that Mayor Wu has also called for her resignation, and I think she should resign as well. And the reason I think she should resign is not so much for what she is charged. I mean, she's been charged with a serious set of crimes by the US Attorney here in Massachusetts. But I don't know. Apparently she now is looking for court appointed council although she earns one hundred and fifteen thousand dollars as a Boston City councilor. She has had a fairly controversial term. She's in her second term. She's got herself into some campaign finance violations. Allegedly she had hired her sister and her son and given them very quick bonuses in two In twenty two, she now finds herself again. This is an allegation, but it's an allegation that has resulted in an indictment. She enjoys the presumption of innocence that she hired another individual and that that individual was given a raise of thirteen thousand dollars, and as a result of that raise, Anderson allegedly took back seven thousand in cash in a city hall bathroom. At the time, she owed five thousand dollars to the State Ethics Commission for hiring her son and relatives on her cap her sister and her son. So this is a candidate who has been very fortunate, as Adrian Walker said on Monday, as the first Cape Verdean born politician to become a member of the Boston City Council. She also happens to have been born in Cape Verde, emigrated to the United States when I guess she was ten, brought here by her parents. She was at that point an illegal, So she has the distinction of being the first person who had come here as an illegal who was elected to serve on the city council. That is no small task. She also happens to be the first Muslim serving the Boston City Council and the first immigrant from Africa to serve on the Boston City Council. And despite all of those achievements, she now finds herself in hot water. I don't think she can continue to serve her district effectively while she tries to battle a federal indictment. Federal indictments are pretty serious indictments, and again, she enjoys the presumption of innocence. But I think she owes it to her constituents to spend whatever energy she has defending herself along with council. Whether she pays for the council or whether or not the taxpayers of Massachusetts provide her with court appointed council. She needs to make sure that she does as good a job as she can to defend herself against these allegations, and in all honesty, when you think about that, these are serious. These are serious allegations that could result in jail time, and I just think you can't. Sometimes you can't do two really important things. Well, So that's my take on it. I don't think she's the most effective member of the council. I think she got involved in a lot of stuff. But she wants a public defender, and she probably will get a public defender, but she certainly should have the money to pay for her own attorney. And while she might get the public defender, I think she would be remiss if she continued to try to present her constituents. Now, if you are a big supporter of hers and feel that she has done a great job and you disagree with me, feel free six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three one ten thirty Again, indictments of Boston City councils not unprecedented, but they don't happen every year. They don't happen every election, and it certainly does well. It doesn't help the reputation of the city Council, and there are a lot of people on that council who are trying to do the best job they can. Let me go to John in Boston. See what John thinks about this. John, you're a Boston resident. I don't know if you're a constituent of councilor Tanya Friend and Anderson or not. But do you think she should stay or should she resign?
Speaker 3: Well, I'll be totally candid with you, Dan trest All, I hope the Thanksgiving one well, Merry Christmas, and I give it credit wearing a green dress there, God bless And that being said, maybe she wore a green dress because it's her favorite color. But I remember this very distinctively. Chuck stew It, not Chuck stew It. I'm sorry the Wars and Black City councils.
Speaker 2: Chuck Turner. Chuck Turner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm sorry those people. So you know what I mean. Texted with his wife and the baby and but anyways that Dan said, so I'm not going to tell you what I did, but I think it was his girlfriend. I packed the cal by the convention, signed hout to hide it and I tagged it. And the reason why I tagged it was because my father a one time on a fall a lot fell up the laddile for it.
Speaker 2: Are you are you a current or are you a current or a former police officer?
Speaker 3: That's irrelevant. I graduated a police mom by transchool, but believe it or that.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying, John, I'm not asking a challenge.
Speaker 3: That's okay, I'm tired.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's fine. So were you were you? Were you a police officer?
Speaker 3: I graduated a police fut by trans school, but I was a transportation problem. So anyways, okay, that's fine. Problem.
Speaker 2: That's that's all I'm trying to John, John, just be with me for a second. Okay. All I'm trying to do is help you tell the story and from my audience to understand the story. That's all. Go right ahead. I'm not challenging you. I'm just asking for a plenty of clarification. Well, thank you, go right ahead.
Speaker 3: It Well, I went to chelse on High and there was a thing called busting, but there was no more busting in Wellesley.
Speaker 2: Or that's totally irrelevant to what we're talking about here, John Man. You were telling me a story about Chuck Turner, the former city council.
Speaker 3: On a hydrant. Think of his car and hydrant and before that he made a beef about his girlfriend getting tagged and this guy was on a hydrant. I don't know. I want to say it was his and uh, I you think I rubbed the bank? But what's the old cliche? How do you know what I mean? If you don't know where I'm coming from, understanding I'm going. But yeah, she's definitely get an attorney, and and uh whatever, how does the.
Speaker 2: Chuck Let me let me John, let me ask you this. How does the Chuck Turner story that you started to tell, how does that relate to uh? Tanya?
Speaker 3: I think I think she's looking for a failure. I think she's looking for a failure. And I think why she wants to stick on this because come January first, to get a vacation sick time. But she should not get a public defender. Now, I should shew, are you she should? When when you got a problem, address it because the more you procrastinate, it's going to escalate.
Speaker 2: Well, she's going to have to she will have to have counsel. Okay, Now, if she meets the qualifications and she requests a public defender, she like anyone else, will get a public defender. I think she's going to have a hell decline there because she gets a salary of one hundred and fifteen thousand dollars a year and most people who get public defenders don't make anywhere near that. John, So.
Speaker 3: She's she's not Michael mcconock. But I think she should address the you know, the bold by the Hans and what's going on.
Speaker 2: Why are you bringing Mike mccormicks, John, You know what, I just don't understand. You're taking me down here. You know what, I think I gave you plenty of time to make your point, John, and he did make it. So I'm going to let you go for now. But I appreciate you taking the time to call. Thank you very much. Look, if you want to make a comment with out bringing in irrelevant topics, I'd love to hear from you. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty A city council or Boston City councilor is under indictment. There are there's been other city councilors who have faced Chuck Turner et cetera that their cases are irrelevant to hers. She's charged with basically putting relatives in the payroll. That's an ethical violation. She was fined for that. Then she hired someone, and I'm not sure who this someone is. I think they're called witness. A pretty clear who that witness is. She hired them and gave that person virtually immediately, as I understand the case, a thirteen thousand dollars rais and told the person that the quid pro quo for the rays was that she would get thirteen thousand dollars. The poor person probably would have to pay taxes on the thirteen eight thousand dollars dollar raise, and Tanya Anderson Fernandez Anderson allegedly got a seven thousand dollar kickback, and I don't suspect she's gonna declared that on her federal income tax. So it's an interesting story. I think she should resign. I think the Boston Herald thinks she resign. I believe that there are other political leaders here. I'm told that there's a very interesting city Council hearing tomorrow on Wednesday where some of this might be vented. And I just again, I missed this story because I was off on Friday night, and I'd like to just open it up on the other side. Six one seven two five four ten thirty six one seven nine thirty. Uh, if you are either a Boston or resident, or someone who has any relationship with Boston, do you want a city councilor who's under indictment ken enjoying the presumption of innocence until the trial or until the verdict? Should she resign? I think she resigned in her own interest to be able to fully provide all the attention that is necessary to her own defense with a council either court appointed which means free, or private council, which means she would have to pay for it. Six one seven two five four ten thirty six one seven nine p one ten thirty. Feel free to join the conversation. If you are a supporter of hers, you are more than welcome to call. If you are someone who has never heard of her, but understand the circumstances, you're also more than walking to call. We'll be back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World night Side Studios on w b Z, the news radio.
Speaker 2: Other city councils, and more importantly, the mayor has suggested that she would resign. I'm suggesting she resign, although she enjoys the presumption of innocence because I think it is in her interest to focus solely upon her defense in court. Let me go next to Joah, who checking in from Dorchester. Joe, how are you tonight?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing fine, Schoel. What's your thought on this? Are you a constituent of the counselor yes?
Speaker 5: I am?
Speaker 2: So what do you think? What would you tell her?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't think she should resign. I think because I believe that due process needs to be heard and done on the aspect that you know, we are a country that we sit here we say innocent to proving guilty.
Speaker 2: Correct, correct? Absolutely? I mentioned that twice now, two or three times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So when we say innocent to proven guilty, when you say you should resign, I should resign from my position, that's automatically saying well to me, if I was saying I'm guilty, I need to step back and also like being submissive to what is going on here, because this is a bigger picture than what we are seeing here.
Speaker 2: Well, before we get before we get to that, Joe, let me let me defend my comment so that you're clear on what I'm saying. She does enjoy a presumption of innocence. People, Even when indictments are issued, the prosecution will always remind reporters that the person who has been indicted and enjoys the presumption of innocent and as to all the elements of the crime have to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt by a jury of their peers. Now, I am not saying she should resign because of what she is accused of doing, or she is resigned. She should resign because I believe she's guilty of what she's accused of doing. That will be decided by the jury. What I'm saying is that I don't know how someone can serve as a city council or full time, which is her responsibility to her constituents and to the city of Boston, and mount a vigorous defense against these allegations. That's I'm just saying, it's in her interest to resign.
Speaker 5: So okay, So let's let's look at it from this aspect. You a moment ago, you was talking about her being able to provide legal counsel. Now, if we if she resigns, she has no income. She's a mother of too, she has no income. She has to pay rent, she has to eat, she has to provide and pay her bills, glass and then still try to pay a lawyer. So therefore that's not going to work.
Speaker 2: No, No, what I'm saying. What I'm saying is, and again if you follow me here, I don't think that while she's working as a city councilor however much work she's doing advocating for her constituents like you and taking care of whatever problems constituents like you might bring to her attention, if she's being paid one hundred and fifteen thousand dollars the things she deserves to be you know, represented by uh, you know council, a quart appointed council, I think. I don't think anyone's making one hundred and fifteen thousand dollars a year should do that. What I'm saying is, if if she did resign to defend herself effectively, I then might say, well, you know, she no longer has a job, she's she's resigned, she should have quart appointed council because.
Speaker 5: Who but you know, all the respect I mean in that respect, of.
Speaker 2: Course, quarter appointed council would not cost her anything.
Speaker 5: Okay, so let's get let's get this right. So you know, I have. I'm on that, Michelle Woolst. I'm the good gentleman that you know that they love to do the same thing to shut me up in the use of legal system, you know, because that's what the Democrats have been doing, and you know, and and for our clarity. This year, I supported Donald J. Trump because of our rights and our free speech and the immigration thing that's going on. So this year I rebelled against the Democratic Party because I feel like the Democratic Party has been doing really nasty things to people and not in overstepping their boundaries with our rights and our free speech and our First Amendment and with our First Amendment in the Constitution.
Speaker 2: So you feel this is an so I'm assuming that you feel this is an attack upon Tanya Fernandez Anderson.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's my personal feeling.
Speaker 2: You ever write to all your personal opinions, you.
Speaker 5: Know, And I'm not saying anyone is perfect. And I'm not sitting here staying you know, I don't know all the logistics of this case graft.
Speaker 2: So all I know is what I've read in the paper, and I'm sure you've read read it in the paper as well. So we're gonna you know, we're gonna agree to disagree. Okay, I understand where you're coming from.
Speaker 5: I hope you know you're you're saying. Man, you know, she should she should resign and to to do her case. But I feel she should maintain her job and and pay an attorney because I feel like a paid attorney is going to have a better chances for her in my opinion. And I also do know, just to make a note, uh, back when Chuck Turner was maybe he rests in peace and when he's not resting now, but when Chuck Turner was in office, and when they ousted him, he came back out and sued the city because they went against the laws, the city laws and the rules and the and the and the the city or necess So therefore he's suon in won So do we want to go back in that same role because Michelle who has quite a few lawsuits against her, and I personally can't wait for her to get out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, she she does. Looks she herself is pretty in battle at this point, there's no doubt. Look, I appreciate you taking the time to call.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, well, and I also have to say I appreciate the fact that you can acknowledge that you know, she do new process.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, I mean everyone has a right to do process. And I mean, you know it's difficult to say, but even this this this guy, this coward that shot the guy in the back in New York and who was captured yesterday, he has a right to do process.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, everyone has a right to do process in this that's the country you live in. Before I leave, okay, said the said, and I know you've said it as well in your on going by what you leave, they say she's the other the employee A is a co operating witness. Well, I mean that's a family member. That's the point I'm want to make. Uh employee is not a family member. I just want to make that, Claire.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't I don't know that because I'm not involved in any way, shape or forming the case. I'm not covering the case as a reporter. If when I was a reporter, I would try to work my sources and get as much information as I can. I will take it. You sound like a reasonable guy, and you're a gentleman, and I can I will accept what you say, and people can wait at against whatever has been reported in the papers, but do me.
Speaker 5: This family member. So I just want to make.
Speaker 2: That Claire, okay, well, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: My family, so I know, okay.
Speaker 2: Well, continue to continue to listen to Night Side and call call myself. I've had I've had counselor for an Endus Anderson on this show before. She has, you know, been involved in some of these I don't know, you know, controversial incidents. There that incident where she went to last year, I think it was to mass and casts and some she was taking pictures and some someone stole her cell phone and uh and she recovered it, thankfully. So she's been the victim of crime and here she's she's accused of a crime. Joah, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: I look forward to Oh you have a great.
Speaker 2: Even so thanks good six one seven, two, five four ten thirty. One line there in six one seven, nine three, one ten thirty. Should Daniel Fernandez Anderson City councilor from Boston from you know, parts of Dorchester and Roxbury. I believe I'm I get confused by the districts these days. Should she resign while she's fighting this this indictment. I think it's in her best interest to resign period is that is not in any way, shape or form an indictment or or a belief that she's She's facing serious charges, but those charges are nothing proven in court. Back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Hey you very much, Dan Walkins. I'm reading from an article on Saturday Adrian Walker, who was I think someone who is favorably disposed towards Fernandez Anderson. Her district includes parts of the South End in Fenway. He said she's a trailblazer, first Muslim city council, first African immigrant, got off to a strong start taking charge of the council's most important committee, the one that handles the city budget. He writes, though if we're being honest, she pretty quickly seemed overwhelmed in that role. Fernandez Anderson spoke frequently about the challenges of being a black woman and an immigrant in a city government historically and friendly to both. She's been polarizing in the truest sense of the term. Her admirers would walk through fire for her. Her detractors, and there were more than a few, would say she accomplished little. That's again fairly balanced argument here. Besides picking a lot of pointless fights, he goes on to say Mayor Michelle will when other local leaders call the Fernandas Anderson to resign on Friday. Fernandus Anderson to resign Friday. My guess is that she hasn't gone anywhere in the near term as far as the city Council is concerned. She's innocent until proven guilty, in her day in court is probably far off. So this is a bad day for the Boston City Council for trust in city government. It will only start to reinforce the ever present notion that leaders herself serving and corrupt, and it reflects the fact that if a city council is willing to ignore the rules, there aren't many good ways to ring them in. Fernandres Anderson came into office pledging to be a powerful representative of the city's routinely marginalized voices. At her best, she's been exactly that, squandering that opportunity, and for so little seven thousand dollars, that's my comment, would be a huge loss for everyone she claimed to represent. And walker very balanced, I thought and thoughtful column in The Boston Globe on Saturday, and one that I'm sure he did not write with any sense of glee. Where are we going to go next? Let's go next and let me talk with Rashid, who's checking in from Dorchester as well. Rashid, welcome next to Nightside. How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm well, Dan, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: So what do you think? My thought is that she should resign because it's very difficult to fight a federal indictment while maintaining your position as an elected official and serving her constituents.
Speaker 6: Well, Dan, I think calls for her to resign that ship has passed. He should have resigned when she hired her son and sister to a city government position and gave them double salaries. She should have resigned when she refused to take the the oath of office just last year. I mean, she has been a disaster on the council, and every blunder that she has made warranted resignation. But I think I want, you know, everybody to think about this when we talk about resignation, I think obviously beating the dead horses the Chuck Turner lawsuit. We all know the rules there, but she's clearly broke according to the you know, I think it was in the indictment that she was missing car payments, he was missing rent payments. He has no money, she's not paying for an attorney. Clearly there's a financial issue here, and I think, honestly, if you any of us were in her position, she's gonna sit there collect that one p fifteen for the rest of the year while she fights this case, which he possibly will lose, and you know, at least go to federal prison with a few bucks in her pocket.
Speaker 2: Well, I get it, but I guess I guess you can be she could be a no show city councilor if she wanted to be. I don't think that's her style. I just I remember that I had forgotten about that. She refused I think to when she was sworn in place her hand on.
Speaker 4: You guys broke it.
Speaker 5: You broke it.
Speaker 6: I mean there was a watchdog group that broke it, but you were the one who brought it to the radio. And she came on your show to say, Oh, I was saying it silently in my head, It's like, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I don't know. I was glad she came on the show, and I was glad that she claimed what she claimed because I think people then could evaluate. It didn't make a difference because she was re elected pretty handily. She didn't have much of a serious competition, although I guess there are now a couple of candidates who are stirring around in her district, which includes I guess Roxbury as well as part of the Fenway in the in the south End. So she represents an interesting district. It's not monolithic in any sense of the term. You know, look, we have not had the best and the brightest on the Boston City Council over the years. Kendralaara, you crash came the city councilor who for years, I guess, was driving around town without a driver's licensing. How can you how can you pretend to be a city council or be a city councilor if you're going to ignore the rules of just striving And here she's she's gonna engage in nepotism of the highest order by hiring a son and a daughter, uh and then giving them pay raises virtually immediately.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, an employee like it comes to the bathroom, give me seven grand. And then you also forgot Arroyo and Rollins who try to democratically steal an election. They're both rest democracy and you know, it's just crazy. And I don't know what the people of Boston are are. I mean, I can't blame the people because I mean they're not really given the best options. I encourage those who are listening on your show. Maybe somebody can get inspired. Run for public office. You live in Boston, you're a good, decent human being. Run for public office. We need you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what I well, there have been people. I think that her challenger was Roy Owens, who comes from a family of a political family in Roxbury. But if I were a young lawyer living in Dorchester, Roxbury and I was making fifty thousand dollars a year, you know, get small claims cases and you know, and representing people who have been charged with driving under this is an opportunity for them to break out. And someone goes and spend some time campaigning these offices. These offices are all winnable. I mean, it's not at the race ten million dollars to win one of these races, and you get a group of people who support you and you you go in and you do a good job. You know, at some point you might become the mayor of Boston.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, but look at the mayor all's race. I mean, who do we even have We don't even have a lineup. No, we're what eleven ten, ten to eleven months out, nobody has said, hey, I want to run against the most politically vulnerable mayor in the history of the city of Boston. Like, we haven't even had anybody step up. I don't know. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 5: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: I suspicion someone will step up at some point. But the question is, in order to be an incumbent mayor, it takes a lot here in Boston. I mean, you know, the power of the incumbency is great. Certainly Mayor Woo was involved in all sorts of fights. It was I talked about today. I think it's one of the one of the articles in the Boston World today with North End business owners and other parts of the city. She she has she's really gone out of her way to alienate people.
Speaker 6: Yes, sometimes the Bacco Thank you Senator Collins for blogging that. You know, Yeah, that's data even being provided properly. I mean, I don't know, I don't know if.
Speaker 5: Well, she's a disaster.
Speaker 2: You got to go back a long time to see an incumbent mayor of Boston defeated. You know, Kevin White ran four times and he retired. Ray Flynn went to the Vatican. Tom Monina was there twenty years and he retired. Marty Walsh went to the to the Biden cabinet. Is now the secretary of the National Hockey League. And I believe that that Michelle wou doesn't she doesn't want to continue as mayor. For like, she's not a Tom Menino, she's not a Marty Walsh. She has her.
Speaker 6: Yes, maybe Trump with a pointer, Dan, maybe he will make an ambassador or something.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think she wants she has her. She's looking at Liz Warren sent it seat and she's.
Speaker 6: Looking Oh, she's looking at her Marquie Markey, And I don't think he looks too hot, Dan, I don't think he looks too hot. So maybe he Joe.
Speaker 2: At Marky surprised a lot of people with his strength, particularly with younger people. And Mark he's not up now for well, I guess he's up uh in twenty six years? Yeah, yeah, So who knows things? Two years is a lifetime in politics, Rashid always interesting, challenging call. Thank you, my friend. I really appreciate you. Thank you, Dan, talk to you soon, buddy.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All Right, gonna take quick break. I got Jack and Bill. You guys stay, They're going to get you in for sure. If anyone else wants to join this conversation, feel free. Six months, seven two, five, four, ten thirty six months seven nine, three, one, ten thirty. Again. I if you're a Boston listener, this does affect you. It affects your city. Uh, your voice should be heard back on NIGHTSID after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to Jack and Newton. Jack, you next to Nightside Welcome.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, thank you Jack Porter. I'm gonna take a little bit of different slant on as I'm a sociologist and I see a definite pattern here with women who are black or minority, single mothers possibly or even men. They are just there's not just three or four, it's turning into like four or five of them. And you're talking about mister Arroyo, Chuck Turner, Dorris Wilkinson, Richelvell. So my theory is possibly two things. One they feel entitled to it, like, oh, I'm so oppressed and I work so hard to get to this position. I can do something. I can do things that are not you know, one hundred percent kosher, or they don't have a good self image and the stress of being in that job. They maybe didn't feel like they don't deserve it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Jack, I mean, each each case is different onto itself. There are a lot of white political leaders who have gotten themselves in trouble for the same thing. I think that Look at Diane Wilkinson was caught on camera stuffing cash into her bra I mean, that was, you know, a classic case. But she's she's come back. She's had a political comeback sorts. You know, back in the day, James Michael Curley ran for office from from jail.
Speaker 7: So I right, But I'm talking about in the last five or six or ten years we've had this particular I'm talking as I'm making a sociological observation, But there's a whole bunch.
Speaker 2: Of there's a whole bunch of black women at the Attorney General. To come with Andrea Campbell is black there's been no scandal.
Speaker 7: I get this all the time because it's always the accepted. But that's what I do. I generalize as a sociologist. I see a pattern here.
Speaker 2: No, I get I'm not trying to I'm not trying to.
Speaker 7: Argue that, actually, what's that I'd like to Maybe your callers can give me an answer to this. I'm not putting it down. I'm not saying that something intrinsically wrong with you know, black women or whatever. I'm just trying to figure out a pattern here.
Speaker 2: For this pattern. It's like it's like saying that the best players in the NBA are over six ft ten. Uh. Yeah, that might be true because they have the height advantage, But then you have guys like Steph Curry, who's who's probably six ' one, who for a time was the best. I just think that generalizations tend to generally get people trouble.
Speaker 7: That's all. That's my job as a social You don't have the sociological asentation and that you want to go there. But I'm trying to figure this out. Maybe someone in the audience can explain.
Speaker 2: You see, if someone reacts to it, it's as simple as that. I mean there's a lot of uh you know, black members uh in Congress about whom there's that no uh no scent of of problems. Uh I I don't. I don't agree with Ia Presley un much as you probably know. But but you know, she served as the city council, got elected to Congress, and uh, you know again, I think.
Speaker 7: Look, well it really hurt me. For example, when Chuck Turner you know, did what he did, or even then they said they didn't have enough money. Maybe money is an issue, but but there are many city councilors that also may have money problems, but they don't do things that are not legal, you know what I mean. You can't use that ague.
Speaker 2: But I don't. But again, you I just don't want anyone to say, oh, they were talking about black politicians being more likely to do I think that that.
Speaker 7: I just be a pattern in this in this city, all right, in the last ten years. I'm not going to generalize on Well, there's other cities.
Speaker 2: You could go to Marilynd Mosby down who was who's a Boston Bostonian, grew up in Boston, she was elected in Baltimore. She's in she's in trouble. So yeah, you get the Mayor of New York.
Speaker 7: Eric Adams my theory.
Speaker 2: I get it. I get it.
Speaker 7: This is a good theory. Let me tell you.
Speaker 2: Well, let's say, let's see if I'm to react Jack again, thank you very much. Jack is one of my more liberal members. Let me make that very clear. Thanks Jack, Doctor Sue Bill and Natick Bill next on Knights. Go right ahead, Bill, Yes, Hi.
Speaker 4: First of all, I wasn't gonna say anything about it, but a call like that makes me annoyed that someone's trying to pull someone's trying to even if he's uncertain, to make any kind of racial connection to this. I don't think that's productive. The reason why I called.
Speaker 2: That's why. By the way, Billy, just.
Speaker 4: Let me let me finish.
Speaker 2: Let me just let me just and then you'll be able to finish. I just wanted you to note that I disagreed with Jack on his theory. Just please.
Speaker 4: It doesn't I understand he disagreed, but he got airtime, and I think it's unfortunate.
Speaker 2: I mean, so go ahead, here's your time.
Speaker 4: I think it's It doesn't make any difference whether it's a talk show host or a caller like me, or anyone who is not in the electorate that elected this city councilor it is not relevant or important for anyone else to weigh in this except the people who voted for her. That's my opinion. Can you imagine a convicted felon being a president? Can you imagine a convicted sexual abuser being a president? It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: It always to those of you who sentence, Let me do my syndrome, it always consists, has nothing to do with Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: Let me finish my sentence. What I'm saying is is that it has to do exactly with the electorate who wants the person to be in office or not? And you do not. This talk show hosts Jimmy, this talk show doesn't know what her what her supporters, or her electric feel about this. So I think she has every right to stay in office. She may have significant financial problems, and until she's convicted, then she should then be Then the electorate she may have to resign. But until she's convicted, the electorate is the one who put her there, and they're the ones who should allow her to stay there.
Speaker 2: And I think everything stay, everything get built. It doesn't you want to have want to make a speech doesn't work. Okay, don't try to imply that I'm not doing what I'm supposed to do. I talk about issues of controversy. Okay, uh, And you listen to the talk show enough to know that I I range far and wide to pick issues of of of that people are interested in. That's that's all I'm saying. And this is an issue you know, go, you know, tell that to Michelle Wu. She's the mayor of Boston. She she didn't vote for Tanya Fernandez Anderson because she doesn't live in the district. So so if you've got a problem with someone calling for her resignation, talk go call Michelle will see if she takes your call.
Speaker 4: I'm only interested in one thing, Dan, You have every right to have any subjects you want because you're there to do a job. You're you're there to do a job to have people be interested, including myself call in. My point is, it doesn't make a difference what anyone feels except the people who elected her. Period.
Speaker 2: The only person who's going to make the difference in all reality is herself. Because she could have one hundred people in her district come to her tomorrow and say we want you to resign. That might influence her, but she's the one who will have to make that decision. Bill, you're challenging call. I wish I could give you more time, but it's eleven o'clock. Uh. And please continue to call, challenge me anytime you want, but don't challenge my integrity. Okay. Well I was cutting a whiff of it, Bill, and and I you know, when you started to talk about me allowing Jack Jack's point of view, he he's welcome to call this show. You're welcome. Everyone is welcome to call this show. That's what I run here. It's an it's an open forum. There are certain points of view that I'm not going to allow. If someone's gonna call and spew obvious racism, uh, I don't tolerate that, Okay, Or hatred toward a group of people because of their ethnic background, I don't tolerate that. But a point of view is permitted. That's all. That's what that's what this show is all about. And it'll stay that way as long as I'm behind the microphone. You are always welcome to call and argue with me. And I enjoyed your phone call. I'm really I mean that seriously, I'm not I'm not saying that to you in any way other than with complete sincerity. Thanks for calling and we'll talk soon. Thanks Bill, We'll take a quick break. Here's the eleven o'clock news. I'm willing to continue this conversation if you want. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Bruins lost a squeaker to the Winnipeg Jets that I eight to one out in Winnipeg.