Speaker 1: I tell my girlfriend I am aged, and she leaves.
Speaker 2: I tell the world to get AIDS, and they think I'm crazy. I offered to give AIDS to kids, and everyone wants me dead.
Speaker 1: Watch mine with AIDS. Why doesn't anyone want me to give them aids? Kick Ah, Welcome to Going Down to south Park, the podcast where we always have ourselves of time, and this week we're here to review the first episode of season six. We're kicking off a new season here at Going Down to south Park. It is Jared has AIDS.
Speaker 3: I am down though, and I'm guying, yes, this is an episode that is either aged very very poorly.
Speaker 1: Or very very well. Yeah, he's not portrayed as a villain though He's portrays a villain apparently in the video game The Fractured Buttthole. Later on talking about Jared, right.
Speaker 3: I am talking about Jared, And yeah, he's he's a villain. He's a problematic figure.
Speaker 1: I would call him a convicted felon, villain, felon, whatever you want to call him. He's both of those things. It's one of these. It's funny how maybe they're just like ahead of the curve. He's trade Park and these Matt Stone kids, right, because you know, it was a couple episodes ago where they had oj and whatnot not, Just like I think that the word was already out on by that time, I think, laugh. But yeah, it was pretty obvious, you know, Maca. But the other two though, they were actually wrong and never admitted that was since wrong. The parents of is it Joan? What's the name? Yeah, Ramsey. But they seemed to pick these these figures and it can go one or two ways. They nail on the head or they're very wrong, and it seems they nailed it on the head. I guess they were trying to portray m as a villain for just being a bad guy. Here it was just as more Subway was the villain, he wasn't it. Yeah, he was kind of he was a tool. Yeah he was a ball guy.
Speaker 3: He turned out to be a tool, but in this case he was a tool of corporate America and yeah, particularly Subway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did feel like this was another one of those time capsule episodes. Though, don't you think where at the time, early two thousands, late ninety Subway wasn't the thing my first memory of Subway not. It wasn't that there was a restaurant he because it didn't come to all much after. But remember Happy Gilmore I do, and he was sponsored of course. Yeah, I'm remember when he was sponsored by Subway in the correct Yes, I had no idea what it was when I was a killing, like, what the hell is this?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure that Subway was around. When did it come to Australia?
Speaker 1: I reckon? No earlier than two thousand and three. Oh no, no, I'm pretty sure it was around them really to the level it is now. No, I don't know why when did Subway? Yeah, let's look this up. Lor I'm pretty sure I was eating ninety much of your kid, Yeah, ninety eight. You were right. Our first restaurant was in Perth in nineteen ninety eight. They didn't open up in Victoria till two thousand and seven. Okay, then that's interesting. Oh no, no, no, the thousandth store two thousand and seven.
Speaker 3: When I said that's interesting, what I meant was it's interesting. How wrong you are?
Speaker 1: Well, I had no memories of it. Of course, what have you gain with ninety six ninety five? Yeah, so maybe was a couple of years after. I do remember seeing this Jared guy on TV in fat pants, not fat pants. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I'm pretty sure I was gobbling down foot longs in the nineties. Yeah, and then I enjoyed some subway sandwiches.
Speaker 1: Of course you knew I had to do that kind of joke. It's just what I do. Uh yeah, but Jared interjected, I'm liking the jumper. You wal this once before. It's so vibrant.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Well, i'd like to think we're kind of complimentary today.
Speaker 1: I mean my Pokemon jumper Pokemon Blue from our friends at Uncle Rico, and I am wearing just a purple Raffleren polo hoodie is Grimmers cosplayer. I am.
Speaker 3: That's very painful but also extremely accurate. This partnership is over. This is probably why Louise doesn't like me at Purple's like it looks so much like Grimmace. I get turned on my Grimmace.
Speaker 1: I feel like, though, if Macas release jumpers like this, it's very a very nice shaded purple there just had the Mac's logo some or a little Grimmer's face, people would buy that shit. I think. Well, I know I'm loving it. I was until i Macas.
Speaker 3: If you want me to be your Jared, Wait a minute, this is just going completely wrong.
Speaker 1: Although we did get just before I came.
Speaker 3: Here to do the podcast to day get an email from macau it's like our special quarter pair range is time is running out. Yeah, they've got a time. It's like it's like thirteen days. Yeah, it's like limited. Oh dear, we are finishing each other's sandwiches. It plays it to the subway again. None of this is planned top of the dome anyway. But look, having said that.
Speaker 1: What did we say no about this episode? I kind of like it's okay. I liked it a lot.
Speaker 3: I liked it fine, But it also it felt very much like we're back, guys. But don't forget where South pack. We're provocative. We like to do stuff that you know, other comedy shows won't do unless their family go It's like we had to the show had to reassert itself as the naughty one or the one that that is there.
Speaker 1: Because the family guy was kicking it at this point. Yeah yeah, I just put my phone out, guys, for everyone who was watching would have said, I had looking down. We're getting our couch fixed today, so I'm just gonna be on the listen out for the phone ringing or vibrating or just what's on mute it's gonna be ringing at some point, saying I'm here to fix the ability in your couch. I've come to clean or to fix is the couch.
Speaker 3: I'd say this all the time, but yeah, there's that porno in The Great Lebowski. Yeah, you go fix the cable. It's like, you won't believe what happens next he fixes the cable. Pick la Basie, good movie.
Speaker 1: Go watch. Yeah, it just felt like, look, I got my share laughs out of this.
Speaker 3: But the same time, I think they recognized Parker and Stegned themselves, recognized.
Speaker 1: We did it first. Yeah, and also, we really are running this gag into the ground. What's the dead horse, isn't it? By the way, Garrison, you didn't need to tell us, Hey, he's beating that dead horse. Uh yeah, but that's I know. I think that that is the joke though, in that scene that they're pointing it out. Yeah, but Jared's pointing it out by just beating a dead horse. I get that from a viewer perspective, Yes, but I think, yeah, I guess maybe it's a little bit too. It's almost like a Simpson's explaining a joke. I guess isn't a bit too much. Yeah, but I couldn't remember where that came from. But you see that gift all the time, and so.
Speaker 3: Someone running, you're running a gag into the ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't dislike this episode, but at the same time, I thought, I'm looking more forward to Aspen next week.
Speaker 1: I will say, going, so, this is obviously the debut of City Walk. Right now, I'm not going to be saying we'll say it once each just to get it out our system. Did wo did Walk no more? Because I don't know?
Speaker 3: Okay, Yes, it's fine for Trey Parker and Matt Stone to yes, put on that very stereotypical accent because they're worth like nine hundred million dollars apiece and they don't give a fuck it they get canceled.
Speaker 1: And they can afford lawyers. Yeah. I, on the other hand, I'm worth nine dollars nine I know so via.
Speaker 3: These Grimmace tops don't come cheap, no, they I had to get mine from Manca Rico. By the way, Uncle Rico, Dan, it just gave you a million dollar idea with the whole you know, just do a purple top and put a little grim I mean, yeah, put a little grimmers on there.
Speaker 1: You've already got your various.
Speaker 3: What do you call it properties, intellectual properties that you're covering on.
Speaker 1: Your about it. Every run is limited, it's got that's gone, baby good. They're like, watch Pokemon Jumper. I've got no idea what you're telling you about. What can we talk about about this episode? Well, we got well obviously citywock, but I didn't quite get. I thought maybe you could explain it for me. I might sound incredibly stupid here. I didn't quite get the AIDS is funny now stick. There wasn't a cuere till two thousand and seven, so I thought, maybe this is when they found a cue and because sort of not joke about it, like talk about it more and it's not so scary as what it once was. But no, I didn't have a quere till two thousand and seven. This is two thousand and two. AIDS is finally funny, twenty two point three years. I didn't. I was lost there.
Speaker 3: I must admit it didn't really make a whole bunch of sense to me either. I mean maybe it just felt like an arbitrary number that they pulled out of their ass. They don't explain it to anything in any interviews or anything like that.
Speaker 1: They did explain how they were just bothered by the Jared Ads being on TV all the time, which is where they got the idea for it. Apparently CityWalk was an actual thing. We're now in college. Uesed to order Chinese feld from a place and just to hear him say shitty.
Speaker 3: That feels like something that they would do. Yeah, there was a great joy in that kind of prank call back in.
Speaker 1: The day, absolutcally, Well, what is it Wayne's world? The cream of some young guys? Whatnot? Wasn't it? Yes?
Speaker 3: Indeed that that was a joke that was used on not used on me quite a lot. But yeah, when, of course, my name is guy, as you may well realize, and I know at least one person who would often say some young guy about me. I don't work for that person anymore, good guy, don't get me wrong. Ah, what were we saying? Yes, twenty twenty three?
Speaker 1: Two que three? Yeah, there goes one of my trivia questions. I had three, you know, evident I now have two. Let's get the favorite moments then shall weep? Why not? Why not? I really enjoyed obviously city Walk. I just it's racist, I get it, But it was funny, right, It's just always takes me back to I've mentioned this time and time again my favorite play on words. Ever, when it comes to restaurant names. Ularu, there is a Chinese restaurant there called as Wok. I don't think I've ever heard you mentioned that. Oh really, it tickled me so much. I thought it was the greatest thing of all time. Airs What that is? Fantastic? It's it used to used to be called airs Rock before we realized, hey, ship, that's not very nice, is it. Let's call it what they called was what it's actually gold? Well, yes, that's not what the white men decided to call I think.
Speaker 3: I think you've got a lot of resorts and properties around Ularu that still use the airs Rock name, which is because you know they're not actually the rock itself.
Speaker 1: But there you go. You're right. But airs Wark, that's pretty good. That's very good. That's a solo gag. I wonder what the food's like. We was delicious, Yeah, I remember having like this massive like beef stir fry chef's kiss yea, and this other pizza place I remember Nicholas's dad was furious because these pizza took half an hour to be made, and then they closed and didn't make it for him, like waiting for food. They forgot his order and then just pulled down the metal. So it's one of those new like a canton. I'm aware, yeah, And they just pulled down the metal and he's like, my food out there, banged on it and they were like, oh so we've already cleaned different thing. Ayah. So he got his money, bangers, I'll never forget. He goes, you're getting a better of you on trip Advisor. He turned into a Karen. There we're all wating our food. He's waiting for his pizza. He's getting angry, like he doesn't get angry, very voiceless, very very often. It's just sitting. He can see see them, he's seeing and the door came down.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't love it at Nick's Dad's misfortn y. Let's lose dad's name, yea.
Speaker 1: But so city what. I also enjoyed chef's advice. So one of you's gonna have to marry hims got to get married him. That's just the classic ball and Chain gay. It works both ways, though everyone has let someself coming. I'm not everyone, but it's people tend to any other favorite moments from you or can't talking but his parents. That was great. That was good, I do have. That was just classic Cartmen super villain Hat's bay queer bait. I think he calls his dad or something que bait, even though isn't that kind of true based on the last episode.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they gave themselves an out. Yeah, you guys are homophobic, not really just accurate.
Speaker 1: What else? What did you enjoy?
Speaker 3: I just got to kick out of the first interaction between the boys and Jared, like, well, yeah, I think I should tell you that.
Speaker 1: You know, part of the secret on my success is AIDS. The AIDS explains what it is. Yeah, Hoarrave Raids Aids was great. A Rave Raids was.
Speaker 3: Pretty funny and another Carton thing where Carbon is trying to get butters into shape and doing the whole drill.
Speaker 1: Look at them, Gelly Rules. I just like the in that moment in the gym. Your mother doesn't love you, my parents love me. Just fine. I'm just trying to motivate well, actually, what were your thoughts on the whole Kenny here? It's like they were trying to reiterate Kenny's gone guys. Yeah, in case just a reminder, Well, yeah, I think I get it done. First episode back, we're going in this direction now they've changed everything. They've changed the opening, the intro is different. Yeah, it certainly is. And Butter's got his own little bit's the Butter Show and stuff. Yeah, enjoyed. It's just because the last two seasons has been the Siegi one, wasn't that Yeah, the real metal version almost not metal but new metal. Yeah, so this one was just more Joey's. Yeah, it's well an updated version of the original. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Indeed, those are the things that I enjoyed about this episode, but I'm sure there'll be more as we go through and talk about it in depth.
Speaker 1: That's okay.
Speaker 2: Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Speaker 1: How about some trivia questions? I only have two as to you. That's don't have too how about you start. I will give you my first question, which is how long had Garrison been waiting in line?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Six hours? Six hours? Correct? Reminded me of when I had to wait in line on the weekend. Tom Hawks books down there, Tom Hawks AFIL football just retired of releasing new book. You're doing your book signing in the city. I thought, you know, we'll go. It's between ten thirty and twelve thirty. We'll get there. It was like eleven o'clock. I was like, we'll leave now. I get there about eleven twenty five. The line is massive. I'm sitting there waiting and wait. We brought the children with us. I would not have brought the children to wait two hours and twenty minutes. I had to wait your children. And this is the point where we went, ah, do we want to keep waiting? Nicholas like we wait an hour and like five minutes. It was just overund I'm like, we've committed this sunk costs fils. Yeah, yeah, let's just let's just wait it out. And then I told you this story. Oh yeah, we're want of the last people to sort of beat before they had the cutoff souse. They went, we're not gonna get through all these people. We're gonna have to make a cutoff. And it was after the initial time period anyway, in which they said he's gonna be from here to hear, so that's what they did the cutoff at that time. This guy rocks up with his two kids and she goes, I'm sorry, so you can't you can't join this line. Well I've come all the way from Ireland. And she's like, well, not for this, and he goes, well, how would you know, and she's like, for a book signing? I think so, but he basically just said, well, I'm going to stand you anyway, and she goes, well you can stand. I got a little anxious here, which he goes, we can stand there, but he's not signing your books, and he goes, we'll see and I was like, oh shit, oh up, and I'm in the middle. And after about twenty minutes he.
Speaker 3: Went fun fact that irishman was Zach Towey. That's a real niche reference.
Speaker 1: Ever, I was like, I thought I was gonna be funny. By the way, you you're aware of Zach Towey, Gelong footballer. Me, yes, of course.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm leading to something. When I asked this, he recently retired as well. He's a notoriously tattooed gentleman. I'm wondering does he have tattoos on his face. He doesn't. Okay, because I was at the self checkout at Woolies yesterday.
Speaker 1: And I know Woollies you said not you can go to calls for paleguy. No, no, I did see Pagar the other day. It was oh, wait a minute, he doesn't Actually we don't actually know each other. The continuing zaga pair guy. This is like the MCU. You have to listen to every single episode of the fourth Homework now, which is fun. We're a PAIRD guy on the show. Some point I reckon, I reckon so and there's just an amazing podcast. What are we just? Ball of taler is waiting to be discovered. He just killed ours boat. I just just fucking smoked this. Uh but no.
Speaker 3: I was at the self serve at Wooeze at the strand, and I was next to this redheaded gentleman and it's like.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, he's not red headed Zack twee No, isn't he? No? Is he blonde? No? Zack? Two, we got white brown hair. Okay, well I got a picture of him for you. He does not have red hair. Well, he looked like Zack tweech. Okay, yeah, I think that too, is an AFL footballer by the way, for the john Cats. That's correct. You're gonna have a pictures that two he fo you on my phone. That's in there, brown hair with a mustache. He looked a little bit like that. Okay, okay, but you also had tattoos on his face.
Speaker 3: And I'm like that it is it him? And he was looking at me like why are you looking at it? So I said nothing, I've just scammed my items and I got the hell out of there.
Speaker 1: Even if it was him, what would you have done? They congratulations on a great career, thank you for your service. I just never I see footy players all the time at this strand. You see Reese Stanley's always in their former players like James Kelly's always in there with Jinsky in there all the time. These are former players, but you see some other younger ones as well. I'll see what. I'm just like that. Just people. They must be so sick of people saying I know you won't get this all the time, but don yeah, well done and stuff.
Speaker 3: I just well, you're a better man than I Good for you. The other thing is, yes, Dan Doo's got his three copies of the Tom Hawk ands biography down.
Speaker 1: From me father's days and birthday presents.
Speaker 3: So I walked and saw that and said, looks like I'm getting you something else for your birthday.
Speaker 1: You haven't bought it already, had you? No?
Speaker 3: No, But I was making plans to, you know, call in the few favors I had left the Gelong foot.
Speaker 1: How what were you going to do, like call something that works at the club or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cool, get you know, to Brendon from Tom Hawkins, keep kicking with some ship like that. But no, that's not going to happen anymore. And I'm just gonna have to get you some vinyls something I don't know, gift card, just give me, just give me a cuddle, not from you. It's about to say, would you accept behind it? I'm going to ask you a trivia question. Yeah, I didn't ask you one yet. What what date does Jared come to town? That's a good question, No idea, March six luch sixth, that's right, I remember saying March. My final question is what are the names of the aids. It's I want to say Darryl and Tyler, but it's not. No, Tyler and Scott, Scott and Taylor maybe it is Tyler. I think it's Tyler.
Speaker 1: Tyler is okay stylers more of an as name. It's Tyler. Oh my god, just all the time, but just not that aids with an eh that Eve won a bit that was just made misunderstanding. I got one more question for him.
Speaker 3: What is Jarrett's diet planned with his sandwich?
Speaker 1: I mean it's a small turkey sub with no mustard or may or anything like that. Yeah, he's got like a half lean turkey. Yeah, no mustard or that. That's apparently what he did, Like you just ate, he didn't eat much, and Trey Parker's was just furious. Yeah, because you think you're getting like the foot long. That's what they do. That's how But the whole point of this episode, of that story is to show how businesses manipulate their marketing campaigns to trick you into buying their product thinking you're gonna get a result that's probably not going to happen. Correct.
Speaker 3: I was watching this episode and thinking, maybe South Back do another episode with weight loss or something like that where.
Speaker 1: There's some girl who's like, I traded it in the subway sandwiches and I just didn't lose any weight or something like that, or maybe have no memory that. Yeah, look, maybe they did do Weight Game four thousand. Maybe that's it. That's the episode two of the series. Oh yeah, that's big k iconic. Yeah no, I'm gonna have to look this up.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: What does it so women lose weight subway in South Park?
Speaker 3: Maybe it was South Bark, but it was like, yeah, I tried eating the sandwiches and I just I didn't lose any weight or something like that.
Speaker 1: Let's have a look. Nah, nothing for South Park, but yeah, I'll find it somewhere along there in my many excursions. Yeah, DiCaprio, there it is. That's the gag. Send me a little screenshot on Facebook. I love cheesypoofs. You love cheesypoofs. Sweet, didn't need cheesypoof sweety before we get into a review, though, It's cheeseypoof time, isn't it. It is? Indeed?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you know you eat up cheeseypoofs and you'll lose weight, guarantee.
Speaker 1: Just eat half of a cheeseypoop, but half of that with no mustard, no dipping, sauce, none of that ship.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, No, do you think nuggets without dipping.
Speaker 1: Sauce, So I sometimes have it because the kids get their nuggets and they eat of the sauce. Whatever you need some dip because they never eat. I'll get up a ten pac for him and they never eat the whole ten. Saying that the other day they had a deal. You can get ten nuggets and large chips for seven dollars or something. Hungry Jack, So we've got one each for the kids. From what I do fifteen bucks one each. Right, Elliot smashed all ten and then two more of Hollies and the last chips, and Holly had eight holy eight nuggas aliet eight twelve. He's those twelve nuggets and the large chips. Dusty's going to be living. You're in a bit porky, big mate. This kid doesn't stop running around, So I tak he's got a six pack. I'm like, what's going on? His kid's six h You mean a six pack of like cokes because his house and that ship as well. That not true? Alright, read out some cheese. Yes, Katy g with one hundreds support. Thank you so much, Katie. Look here delicious Andrews serve of course, Sir Andrew with his fifty dollars support. Thank you so much again, that's the half serve. Please wait. If you're a supporter like Andrew, thank you. Andrew. Also shout out to our the final shoutow here for the for the cheesepoof for our man Jordan Mom and Richie's he's gotten down to a lower tip. That's perfectly fine. It was the first ever top tier supporter we ever had a fourthing discount slash going down to South Ark whatever you want to call the network here. But you know times the time he lives in Finland. He said, times are tough over here. And I'm like, I understand, buddy, And I said, Jared, you're dead to me, Jared Jordan that that's because Jared Fogel is dead to me. I can't stand that guy. Jordan Moulman. Richie though, tod guy, Yes, Finland or Iceland, Finland because I thought it was Finland, could be Iceland. I thought it one of those one of those lands. Yes, but he yeah, but he was our first ever top tier supporter, so absolute legend. Thank you Jordan for all of your support over the years. Thank you for your support. Jordan. We'll see you again one of these days, Yes, I will remember you. What's the other thing about this movie? Matched sas on There is apparently a parody of Philadelphia. I've never seen the film. Have you never seen film? No, I've heard is a really good feeling and it's got streets Philadelphia. It's pretty good. Yeah, that was actually great and my favorite moments the streets Philadelphia, I think.
Speaker 3: My one of my favorite moments. We're backtracking a little bit. We'll get you thet your cheesey pools in just a little bit.
Speaker 1: But the whole name Jerry the song, Yeah, he's eaten, doesn't he does go full sound that doesn't he? Yeah? But new Sandler stand up special apparently on it really okay? Nicholas like did you know that Adam Sandler is doing a Simpson special? And I was like what? And then someone released like two weeks ago, and AI think of Adam Sandler doing and I'm like this is not real. She's like, ah, it' not worth sharing it like it's a real thing. I'm like, no, not real. Go twelve fingers, Yes, listen to your husband. But Jonathan Rossi our main man over in New York.
Speaker 3: In New York, Rach Beasley, did we mentioned h Zach Pruitt and Andrew doesn't give.
Speaker 1: Save him to the end. That's the last forgive me. I've moved them new to the bottom. So we can plug him at the end. You can plug him in the end. Yes, So I would love to Rach Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sewn d V Pete Anderson, Timothy Burls, and Andrew Davis, Ryan Dunlap, Kevindentzel, Planned Flood, Shannon Hofar, Bella window Bag, Jack McFadden, Heath Appill, be At, McLeod Lewis Cavanard, Martrell, Even Reese, Roberts, Jingder and Pickle, Preston, Murray, to Lee and Riguez, Ja Mesado, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Josh Hellier, Logan, b James Sheppard, Joe Readin, Sac Dave Pretzels McNally, Gavin Lang and Damian Miller. And of course we'll thank us being top two supporters of ours Cheese Proops Act going on south Back and our main man Sack Putt, who hes that with the editing here at forthing a discount network, as well as our men Andrew Swan who helps it with the discord and we have the website breaks and all the others, and let's us end with X. He's got a massive plex. I know, right, It's delicious, so many good things to just devour on that he has. Have you been paying attention? Which is a savior for me? I mentioned here time and Tom again that we had to watch it on ten play, which has which is full of ads. Well, Plex now has this thing where you can skip the ads. Wow. Plex is just like moving up in the world. You can skip, skip credits, skip the ads. You can do whatever you wants. I love Plex. Wow. Friend of the poor, friend of the pod. Yes, man, be a friend Plex. But let's get into our review of Jared Has Ads, which originally aired Mark six, two thousand and two. It was written and directed by, of course, Trey Parker. Feels like he's just running the show these days, I believe, Yeah, production go six zero two. So the episode kicks off with the kids doing a prank call to city walk, Yes, city city walk, Yes, ordering some city beef, some city chicken and just yeah, just them to get a kick out of doing a racistation.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, may I say, Look we hit it up front, we got it out of our system, and I admire your strength of character in just saying city walk, city beef, city chicken.
Speaker 1: Yes, good for you. Well, this is two thousand and two. Just this kind of gag just feels like it is the epitome of just the Jackass era prank phone calls this this, this fits two thousand and two before. I don't think this necessarily works anymore. Now it wouldn't feel like a oh my god, a couple if they did that. It's just like, really, guys, you're doing that. It just I feel like our tastes haven't changed, but we're more open to go. Really, that's kind of low brow, where two thousand and two we're still coming off the extreme Jerry's Springer era. It's not so much offensive as lazy. Yeah, it is kind of lazy, isn't it. Yeah. No, it's a bad thing because at the time it felt like I kind oh yeah, I don't mean in this particular. I mean nowadays, you go if you did it now, yeah, of course kind of goes yeah, Kim, Yeah, I mean, come on, hair, shitty work, take order pre hello, is this city work? Yes? Do shitty walk? Yeah, we'd like one order of the city beef, shitty beef, and I'll have the City Chicken Shitty Chicken. Whilst doing that, there's an ad for subway Jared Fogel on the Subway, It's just Jared Fogel, Wasn't Jared is coming to Jared's come to town. Yes, but as arrives they called him Kenny. So this is where they're sort of mentioning, Hey, this is the kid is now going to be in the place of Kenny. I'm glad it wasn't Tweat because I remember reading somewhere that Tweak replaced him, and I was like, that's not going to work.
Speaker 3: That would flow throw the flavor balance right off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's too erratic, but they say, he says no, he's dead and you're all gonna have to live with it, basically talking to us the viewer very much so and all right, not Kenny. So then they go to or meet Jared Orrey. Why they're so excited to meet Jared just because because he's a celebrity. Yeah, I guess, yeah, is he? I guess he was a celebrity, wasn't he.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, there's always been celebrities who are famous for not doing much or.
Speaker 1: The girl is now she spent on that thing. But now she's.
Speaker 3: Yesterday's news, and now everyone's talking about being either demure, mindful.
Speaker 1: Or cutesy, very very demure, very mindful. Guess what, fucking hate it? Yeah, it's not funny, not really. It's one of those things where you look back in three weeks and going.
Speaker 3: Ah, ship, oh we're into that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got embarrassing. It's one of the it's when you're working in social media. There's these trendsl like that pop up and you think, do I want my client to resort to this? And I would say no, because it's not long term. It's just not worth looking like you're desperate to jump on the bandwagon. It feels very trying to make fetch happen. Yeah, it just feels like, oh, everyone else is doing it. I want to do it too. Be your own brand. Don't fucking copy what everyone else is doing just because you might get a few views from one video. Don't do it. That's my opinion.
Speaker 3: Any Okay, there was a short video about a current news topic from a reputable news organization. Watched it last night and the person admittedly there either millennial or gen Z and they are aiming at that particular audience. But yeah, they were talking about a legitimate news topic, but they were saying, here's how to be very demure, very mindful in this kind of thing. And I'm like, well, I'm just not listening to you anymore.
Speaker 1: Don't jump on trends for the sake of it. Just don't do it. That's I would. I stand by that opinion. Don't jump on that thing. Spit on that thing.
Speaker 3: That's one that would. You may say, guy, why does one work and not the other?
Speaker 1: And you know you know why? Yes? What else? I did, like the two those when they leave that city walk still on the phone, Hello, Hello city walk. Yes we should do it like in poshing this accent, Hello city city Walk, just so that could be our thing. We're completely covered our city chicken. Would you like some city beef? So mister garrisons, though he's been waiting for six hours to see now, we watched this now and we go, oh, well, they played the fact that he likes Jara because he's oh no, no, that's what not what it was. But you look at it now from between twenty four perspectives like these guys are real creep. Garrison's are creep game recognizes game. Yeah, from our lens these days, but back then, that's not what they're going for. He was just waiting six hours because he apparently lost ten pounds on leave or something something like that. Oh whatever, But Jared arrives heat the sand he wants. That's where the songs are so fantastic, And isn't they It's just the same song except when they do the riff on Streets of Philadelphia. But you're still looking good eating the sandwich you Well, that's the song from the ads. Look at it's own a subway, eat fresh. I believe we were such suckers. Yeah, we failed for it.
Speaker 2: He's still looking good those said sandwiches, thanking you out so much. You know, after a year of eating delicious sub sandwiches, I've proven weight loss is easy. I promise you I will always be your faithball leader in easy weight loss.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that ate are the sandwiches? Be running a nice week here? So cool. The kids go to his dressing room. Of course, he lets kids into his dress This makes sense. Don't let the kids into Jared's dressing room. That's going on. But he said he got help on the side, He got AIDS, and I can't believe what he induces Scott and as you said, Tyler, I thought, Taylor, you said, Tyler, hora for aids. But he says, you should have read the fine print. I didn't, you know, I didn't just eat sandwiches all the time. I read at half turkey sub with no male or muscle, any of that kind of stuff, and work out. They're annoyed by, like you're lying. Thought, that doesn't matter. Doesn't it matters, dude, It matters, It matters, dude. Yes, it matters, dude, And the kids are really annoyed. Now, only in America would get famous of being a fat house and then not being a fat house. Cartman then has a genius moment. Of course, it's always Cartman with the genius moments. He says, we can do the same thing, but with city walk correct and he says, you know, you can put on weight and then lose the weight and we can make money. Lose weight and make money. It's the greatest thing. But has it ever done? Haven't there been?
Speaker 3: There's a bunch of fitness influencers who did that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Well, look at the guy from the what was the McDonald's one, he's passed away. Oh yeah, supersized me. Yeah, he just ate Donalds for a month just to see what would happen, and obviously lost the weight since and he he made money doing You don't talk about how he lost weight as well? Didn't he did? He? I thought he did, like some sort of side seek like followup seque not a feature film, but some sort of follow up saying how he lost the weight? Oh, maybe he did, or maybe I was just INDIVI a social experiment. There wasn't it? Yeah? I think so. But but but people are saying they watched that movie and they go, did he just have just understandard meal each time? Or did he over in dutche it? Are we supposed to just believe that he didn't over and dub the.
Speaker 3: Title came from, you know, if they said, do you want to upsize that or do you want to supersize that?
Speaker 1: He would always but we had to trust him on that. That's true. Should we have trusted him? Well, that's the kind of it's just all these experiences. We're watching it on TV and it's like, Okay, he says, this is what happened. He put on a lot of weight in a month. He probably will put a lot of weight in a month. But was it all because he only ate what he said? He ate? Yea and to say it works both ways? Did he lose weight by only eating what he said he ate? I don't know, but he didn't hin, Jared, what's that? Well? Jared didn't though, did he? No? No, no, no no, but he coming it the grost I died. Butter's ever done because Tenny would do it, because he's he's a Butters has to do it. I can't do it. I'm not fat on his big bone. You can't slim down bone, you can't slim down. That was great, that's the being one of the recurring jokes with Cartman has and it's I'm big boned. Yeah, he says he will wait, but it's fat, and then they singing the song lifetime a food at City Wow. But Jared's now having dinner with his girlfriend Christine, Christine who has her own song. Yes, what is it? My name is dan X whatever? I lost forty pounds when but at the La Place having a fancy restaurant, and you can't wait for the wedding or she must be fiance then, because he can't wait for the weddings obviously, and he brings up what the kids said. You know, I, you know I. It's good making.
Speaker 3: Jared had to be a much better person than he to be. I mean, he actually wants to be honest and fourth right about Oh yeah I was, I was heavier and I lost wait and this is how I do it. But you know, I want to be honest.
Speaker 1: About it now. Just he's got a real blind spot when it comes to aids apparent. I felt this episode is a real piss take of the classic sitcom joke of misinterpening words. Oh yeah, where it's just at the end going oh you thought of it that I can't I can't believe I said this not Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, there was a great period, as I've always said, romantic comedies or any any kind of comedy where the central conflict could be cleared up in ten minutes if people just listen.
Speaker 1: To one just spoke, just spoke, like the question.
Speaker 3: But I got a big laugh out of you know, when Joe was explaining that he's got aides in the and now they're.
Speaker 1: Your aids too, won't we have good your aide aid? But she's freaking out, what are you thinking? Are you bummed? I just got to kick out of that. So it's oh, the boys are right, Maybe I have to tell everyone the truth. Meanwhile, we're at school. They tell chef that need butters to gain fifty pounds, and what he says, it's just get married or you're gont have to do it the old fashion way. So go back and they start eating all the food. Can'tman jokes about Kenny's death, and I said, too soon, dude, too soon, too soon. We can't jact, but that it's between two point three years before something becomes funny. I'm playing that seed for later in the episode. But as then vomiting and he's told to eat his own put because that's what Japanese girls do. I wouldn't know anything about that. Joe then agreed agrees to stay in South Park to speak once again. He's going to speak again, and he mentions that he has aids and everyone's like, oh, oh, why the reason I was able to lose so much wit so quickly was that I got a's huh.
Speaker 2: But I still want to be the leader in a fineral America, And so I'm here to tell you that you should all go out and get a's Oh my god, etherory. Having aids is awesome. With ads, you can literally watch the fat melt away. And with a proper mix of aids and Subway sandwiches, anything is possible.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: The opinions expressed by mister Fogel are not necessarily those of the subway company.
Speaker 1: But this is now fatter and it's time for phase two. What's step two? Is it? What's phase two? Phase one? Get fat? Fase three, make profit? What's phase two? Question? Question? So they go to city Walk to offer a business deal, the business deal of a lifetime to city Walk. Yes, and you see a fat friend. You which fat friend? You got two fat friends? Its a fat one? And they sing the song and the city walks great to pay. If you can prove that he lost way from eating CityWalk food, then I'll pay you. Jara is now meeting with Subway in the conference room and anything. It's best to for him to take his strange theories on weight loss elsewhere. Yeah, well that's a.
Speaker 3: Bit where Jared looks at the hemeras excuse me, am I being fired. Yeah that's a direct lift from Tom Hanks film, because yeah, I know that's just of it. He's got AIDS. Is someone tells employer then gets released. Is he fired because he's got AIDS because he's gay, because he doesn't suit them for a wrong termination?
Speaker 1: Yes, I forgot.
Speaker 3: It's been a long time since I've seen Philadelphia, and I'm I think they try to give him some legal They try to offer some legal workarounds like oh no, you're fired for underperformance or misrepresentation or something like.
Speaker 1: Trying to find something else yet, But because the lawyer is a homophobe, right Denzel played by Denzel Yeah, I have to watch it because I've heard it's great. It's pretty good. Yeah, but Jared, Yeah, so basically when it comes to fitness, I said, your new slogan, when it comes to fit, the subway goes hand in hand with AIDS. This ain't gonna work for us anymore. So he leaves and he sings He's sad song. He likes savages with Philadelphia. Kumjeez names Jared last week so weird. I caught it all you like that, which is what I always love. Those scenes in movies where someone's downtrodden, they're down there king, they're just walking through the streets. Always get to a basketball court. Watching kids play basketball. It's like it's it's Charles barking from the space. Yet, so what if he wants to look like him be gone, you know, Jared be gone. Cartman's then coaching Butter's at the gym. A bit of tough love, Yeah, bit of tough love here. You need it if you're trying to lose weight. Sometimes you're going to be pushed, pushed a lot. Says his parents don't love him. My parents do love me. I'm just trying to motivated. He's motivating him. Jared then wishes that he never got AIDS. He can't believe, like, why do I ever get as I said, no, no, no, don't don't worry. I don't believe that. They're just jealous. They kind of thought AIDS and you can. So he says he's going to what's He's figured out an idea. I know how to become a celebrity and I know how to make everyone love me. So he leaves. Meanwhile, the boys are now at City Walk, their weighting at the front without Butters. They're waiting. They're going to film their first commercial.
Speaker 3: Today because they're expecting that Butters has you know, the weight has just melted off.
Speaker 1: It just melted off him. Yeah, but they decide they're going to have a two year deal. I think it's fifty ads or whatever, worth four million dollars. I think Cartmander's deserved of that twenty percent. It was his idea, that's true.
Speaker 3: It's why you get the line's share of any income. The full finger discan kids.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's just because I do. That's po assuming. But butters are still fat. He hasn't lost any weight, and you realize it's harder to lose And this is true. It's hard to lose weight than it is to put it on. Yes, putting weight on is fun. Losing it eight fus not fair. It can be fun. I feel like I feel like losing weight a game of it. I feel like losing weight is more fun if you do it over a longer period of time. If you try to lose weight fast, oh, it sucks for my years be personal training when I was in my early twenties and whatnot. Help not professionally, but like i'd help some people take them down the ovel and run with them and whatnot. The ones that tried to lose weight fast always just went back to where they were within line three to six months. If you space it over, say six or twelve months, and just lose little bits here and there over of course of time, you're more inclined to live and continue that lifestyle, the healthier lifestyle. Yeah, you've got to play the long game. Yeah, because if you limit the junk food and whatnot, the food is that your treats that you love doesn't been junk fit can be any chocolates, whatever. If you limit that and all of a sudden you start putting the back in your system, you can You're like, oh, that's right, I remember how good this felt? Correct? Yes, have you had Meca since? Yeah? Macis once you didn't like it. That's a good thing, isn't it. That's correct? Yes, Although to get that email, you have mentioned McDonald's more frequently than you were for a while. Oh yeah, yeah, but no, it's out of the system. Now, out of system the good asystem. What's the next? What's your new McDonald's. What's your new feel? If you're going to treat yourself, what is it?
Speaker 3: That's a good question. It's a very nice looking tub of pistachio and vanilla gelato at Cole's and the dessert section.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you know, my birth that's coming up. Give us up a little treat. Have you ever said there eating the entire do it? Have you ever eaten an entire tup of advice or entire block of chocolate? You bought something in the pack and devour the entire block or packet or whatever. If I have not a very long time, okay, we'll packs of chips, are you? Oh yeah, just eat the whole pack? Yeah, yeah, absolutely, I thought chips they just go down so easily. There's so more. Pringles was right, once you pop, you just cannot stop. Friend of the part. But so they cut to other boys, yes, so that they want the deal way.
Speaker 3: The stuff we're talking about is Canter product. It's is it the very appropriate for this episode or canter productive to the message.
Speaker 1: Of this episode? But they cut to the boys doing by suction on butters here. This was gross. I thought that this was going to cut to now sometimes cut to actual Sure, So I was watching it like this, going they're gonna do it? That was watching the bottom corner going. You were watching it like Lenny, Yeah, if I was watching like the bottom third of the corner going, If this changes I'm gonna not watch this cause I don't want to wat shit, I didn't. I just had to feel they're going to cut to it. They didn't. I feel like what they showed was even grosser. So first of all, Carbon Siphon's out the fat out of him. They've always been dry reach and then there's the fat going of you. Then jumping on him to makes me feel sick in the throat. Let's move past it. Let's move past it. No, it's not good at all. But then his parents walk in or they all bail, and he's not feeling well and the parents walk in and he's in trouble for having such an in the living room. Correct, I just don't get.
Speaker 3: But his parents, they just they're unhappy people with each other and they're taking it out on Butters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess one of some of my least likable characters on the show.
Speaker 3: I just don't they're not really it's a fairly repetitive.
Speaker 1: It's repetitive, it's inconsistent, just feels out of nowhere. I don't know. There is the bad parents, but at the start of the last episode they were happy and I don't know, but they told him four times to do it in the living rooms. Now he's been sent to his room. A news report here for Jared, and he's said that he's going to be starting the AIDS for Everyone Foundation.
Speaker 3: By the way, it's got one of my favorite little Parker and Stone bits when they always have a newsperson just doing a little bit of the insight.
Speaker 1: Let's listen in. I was going to kick out of those don't know why. It's just their way of saying, we're actually life listening there. Let's listening. Yes. So he's starting the foundation. He's going to personally say that everyone gets AIDS and he's going to give AIDS, especially to underprivileged kids. The children. It's like he's a madman. They start the right, they start chasing him down with pitchforks and fire and whatnot. Butters are still granded. So he can't go outside to go to CityWalk. He's been credit for five days and think what are we what are we going to do? So like here got me, you got me in Dutch for the first thing. In the second, I can't go triple Dutch. I'll never go that Dutch. And then Kenny would have done it. He never would have complained he's always he Alway would have done it. So the Butter says, my parents call in every hour to make sure that I'm still home, so you can't suggest i'll stay home aswer the phone does any ipersonation, Butters, it's pretty good, yeah, which you can get away with on anime. And he's gonna stay answer the phone, pretend to be Butter's while he goes in there and they try and pitch the the commercial, the sponsorship with City Walk Correct. The dead then calls, hello, I'm just checking in on you, Batters. Do I hear the television? We told you no television while you're grounded.
Speaker 3: Do you wish I know watching television? Dad?
Speaker 1: I'm just laying around jacking it, jacking it, jacking what with my heart? Spicy bwner, of course, Dad, What are.
Speaker 2: You trying to get yourself in more trouble with that kind of language?
Speaker 1: Loosen up your bloody vaginal belch. You are gonna get it, mister. You just wait till I get home. Bring it on, queer bait. Then we get the jarant and he's just beating the dead horse. Yes, indeed, because the dead horse being what what's what's the What's the what are they beating a dead horse?
Speaker 3: The miss and the misunderstanding of AIDS and AIDS, AIDS with the AIDS with AIDS.
Speaker 1: With an understanding, you know what, they're going to give everyone AIDS what they want AIDS. So then the boys are city walk and he says he doesn't want to do sponsorship now because everyone he hates Jared. He had nothing to do with Jared. Everyone hates Jared. I loved this here the way he just casually says, I'm going to kill him downtown right now. Car was eating all the food, he's drinking episoda. Mum calls and again just towards her waiting with bells on you horse banging skin or something. Yeah, now they're going to publicly execute Jared via a hanging. Yeah, that's right. They got the gallows up, the gallows up, gallows just like written on Yeah, and then the boys come up there. You make it a big mistake. What's the big mistake? It's in his assistance. Oh oh, as with an e. You mean helpers. I told my girlfriend I'm going to share my age, No wonder if she left. I love that.
Speaker 2: They're all.
Speaker 3: Tickled by the misunderstandings and Maci's like, oh my goodness, and then that leads into wait, wait a minute, Oh we can laugh about this.
Speaker 1: We can laugh about as it's been twenty two point three So what was AIDS first discovered? Twenty two point three years before this? What was the first case? That's a really good question. I'm going to look that up because that seems not long enough. When was AIDS? I suppose this was two thousand and two discovered. It sounds about right, June of eighty one, so twenty two point three years would be. Well, this had in two thousand and two though, right, so it hadn't quite been that long yet. It had been so twenty one years, eighty one, twenty years. I'm trying to work out my math is all over place these days. Yeah, yeah, eighty or something. Yeah, is twenty one years? Yeah? Interesting? Yeah, I know whether it between twenty two point three years out of the are yeah, but it was a branded thing for me. I didn't quite get it. But yeah, they were laughing about AIDS and what a great day for humanity. We can now laugh about AIDS and CityWalk only offers the boys fifteen dollars because you know, we don't have million dollars, like subway, we're a CityWalk, so stand cracks it takes. He's being off. It's always weird seen because aout the Beaties on, isn't it very much? So yeah, oh yeah, okay, And then he asked the silly joke of why the chicken cross the road because he has AIDS. I think they thought this was funny than what it was. The AIDS thing like saying aids. It feels like I said, we're looking through this. I'm now thirty six. If I was watching this in two thousand, sure I probably had been laughing my ass off, But as a thirty six year old, I'm thirty six in a week thirty five the thirty five year old, I just don't see it funny. It just feels low brow and as you said, a bit lazy. Like I said, yeah, there was to enjoy, but at the time of its time, Oh it's time.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go back. Yes, probably gotta laugh or two out of it. Yeah right now, it's it's fine. It's an okay concept. I think they recognized that it was a bit weak, so they threw in the flogging a dead horse or beating a dead horse gag not not a terrible episode. We haven't uite finished, ye, because YLE's learned something you know, oh that's already has Yes, exploiting Butters would have shattered fat people's dreams. You know, we would have would have made money, but people would have been misled, and you know that their dreams would have been shattered. And then Butters gets home. Their parents are not far away. Cartman's like, you know, and thanks for covering me, You're a real pal. Having the night show theme do do Do Do Do do?
Speaker 1: Do the kid? The parents go crazy on Butter's He's sitting there with his popcorn, much like Michael Jackson. And if I was I totally start jacking it off right now. That's the end of the episode. And that's the end episode. Yes, which, as I was about to say, is perfectly okay.
Speaker 3: It doesn't exactly start the season with a bang, but it does remind you like, well, yes, we're South Park where the bad boys on the block.
Speaker 1: I will go there. I liked it for what it was, but I remember getting halfway through the episode, I think I'm kind of over this gag now, which is why I appreciate the beating the dead horse I was like, at least you're acknowledging it, but still only do this once Because you kind of did this with the How To Eat with Your Butt where it was a pomp that felt similar. It's like, Okay, we get the joke. Can we move on from it? And they didn't really do it in that episode. Here, at least they're acknowledging it. Hopefully this is their way of going. We just wanted to get one more out of our system. We met the dead horse, and now we to change being for it. Next week is Aspen, So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see how I mean, Look, it's been a long time since I watched that episode. I know I'm very much looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: I hope it's still good. It's still good? Should I read out for the listeners? The synopsis? The brief of synopsis? Yeah, why not Aspen? When I think of Asmen, I think of dumb and Dummer. Share Aspen. Let's read it the brief synopsis Here do it? It says, after Kenny's death, cartman standing Cole add Butters to the group, the boys' parents are offered a free ske trip to Aspen. Stand has a running with one of the locals yeah, that's all right. A look talking about all right guys, So you for support, he ad going down to South Park. That is our first episode of season six. We are smashing through these seasons, aren't we. We are.
Speaker 3: Indeed, one of our lovely patrons was saying, Oh, Brian McCoy, I believe Brian McCay, you're right saying it.
Speaker 1: Really looking forward to this. We're in the hot stretch. The man Radio Mike said the same thing, because I can't wait for you guys to start season six. That seems to be his favorite year as well. Oh we're here, guys. We ain't going anywhere. Yeah, so don't you go anywhere? No, continue to rate any review like Jordan Mulman Richie on Apple Podcasts, Spotify review. Do you listen to this show? If you're watching us on YouTube, please come on blow tell us what you thought of the podcast, what you thought of the episode as well, and hit the subscribe button. Gives the thumbs up. We'd love to hear from each and every single one of you, but for now, mister Davis. Next week we've got asphen this has been Jared has A's Do you have any fine words for those incredible listeners that that yes, indeed, yep, hooray for helpers.