Speaker 1: From Hollywood.
Speaker 2: It's time now for Edmund O'Brien as.
Speaker 3: Johnny Dolla, inspected traper returning your calls.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, inspector, thanks very much. I wonder when I could talk with you about the Hannibal Murphy dead.
Speaker 4: What your pleasure, sir?
Speaker 3: Do I understand you've come all the way from the States.
Speaker 1: Yes, the news broke yesterday and his insurance company thought i'd better. The reports weren't quite clear on whether or not it was accidental. Then you haven't heard, only that he somehow fell off a cliffs.
Speaker 3: Oh. Then, I hope you'll pardon my being a bit nonplussed at your timely arrival. Mister Murphy's death was definitely not accidental. Examination this morning revealed a bullet wound in his head.
Speaker 2: Edmond O'Brien in a transcribed adventure of the Man with the Action packed Expenser car America's fabulous freelance insurance investigator.
Speaker 1: Yours truly, Johnny Dalla expense account submitted by special Investigator Johnny Daller to Home Office, Plymouth Insurance Company, Hartford, Connecticut. The following is an accounting of expenditures during my investigation of the Hannibal Murphy matter expence count item won two hundred and sixty four dollars and eighty cents airfan incidentals between Hartford and Kingston, Island of Jamaica. After checking into the mural Bank Hotel and reporting my phone to the British Constabulary, I went over late that morning and met the aves in charge.
Speaker 4: Well, mister Donald, it's a pleasure to have you here.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Inspector Trevan.
Speaker 4: The news of the death of one of your countrymen is hardly the kind of invitation I should like to send.
Speaker 1: If it hadn't been mister Murphy, I probably would have been invited to a murder someplace else. It's a popular pastime. What do you know about the Murphy's inspector, I understand he's survived by a widow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a brother also, Paul Murphy, and the stepdaughter Felice.
Speaker 1: I didn't know about them. I mean they're all here in Kingston. Yes.
Speaker 4: The brother has lived here for the past two years, has a cottage just outside town. The deceased and his family were visiting him, had been here for two months.
Speaker 1: Anyone else.
Speaker 4: Two servants, an old cook and a young man who has rather general duties.
Speaker 1: Do you have any kind of ethere, Inspector.
Speaker 4: Since the fact that the murder has proved only this morning, No, except that it was murdered. The position of the wound in the head rules out suicide. Any suspicions then, uh, No, none that I wished to voice at the moment. Perhaps you'd like to visit the scene of the crime, or rather the point from which the body fell into the sea.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Inspector, I would like most British police officers, he was playing it close to the vest, but on the way he did let me know that he considered the Murphys, including the surviving brothers, the people who had been spoiled by too much money, were completely selfish and quite possibly could be hated by a number of people. After a drive a few minutes, we left the car and crossed through a strip of shaded parkway to a bridle path at parallel of the cliff, some hundred feet in height. At the bottom, breakers piled in against the jumble of coral and rocks. Here we are.
Speaker 4: We wrote the section off in case we might learn something from the marks, though we will. There you see on the edge of the torn earth and the broken branches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his body was found alone.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was discovered by a young Irelander who was searching for shell fish at an early morning low tide.
Speaker 1: He said, the Murphy cottage wasn't far away? Can you see it from here?
Speaker 4: No, it's beyond the trees there. The path turns inland before it reaches the grove.
Speaker 1: Does this cliff run near their place? Yes?
Speaker 4: I believe so that you and I share a common bewilderment.
Speaker 1: H just killer met him here? I shoot him. If he could have been pushed over the.
Speaker 4: Cliff and killed that way precisely, we should have had a devil of a time proving was murder at all, unless the killer wasn't strong enough to get him over while he was alive like a woman. If possibility that dost present itself, doesn't it yet? If he'd been shot and fallen here then dragged to the edge, they would have been signed with anne no bloodstains nothing. So unless he was shot somewhere else and carried here, we must visualize the victim and the killer standing side by side on the sheer edge of the precipice, gazing out to sea, a moment before the shot was fired.
Speaker 1: Can we go to the house now.
Speaker 4: I had planned to wait until I had a more complete report from ballistics, but please feel free to pay them a visit if you wished.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Inspecting, I should let them know I'm here.
Speaker 4: Very good. Come along, I'll drop you by.
Speaker 1: The theory that Murphy was shot someplace else had holes in it too. The idea was to dispose of the body. Who I dump it so close to his home? The mail servant answered, Mink. Suddenly, Missus Murphy was resting and left me on the verandah while he went to find out if she'd see me. A few seconds after he'd gone, I met another member of the household, a daughter, plain girl with short hair, gangling figure, and troubled eyes.
Speaker 5: Matter with me? Let you in?
Speaker 1: He thought, I'd better wait out here.
Speaker 6: What you want?
Speaker 1: I came to see missus Murphy that what happened? Yeah, I'm afraid.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 6: My name is Police. I'm her daughter.
Speaker 7: I cannot mean.
Speaker 6: Oh, thanks, you're American, aren't you?
Speaker 1: It's right? My name is Dolla.
Speaker 6: You've come here because of what happened to my stepfather. Why did you?
Speaker 1: I was sent by his insurance company and the States.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'd forgotten about that.
Speaker 5: I suppose he left a lot, always did everything so handsomely.
Speaker 6: In an accident. You know he was murdered. Somebody shot him.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know that.
Speaker 8: I suppose it will be all sorts of trouble. Now, please do come and ask all kind of questions.
Speaker 1: Well, things like this are never pleasant. Are you worried that? Answer your questions? Why should I be just the way you mentioned it?
Speaker 6: Well I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'll tell them everything I know and everything I thought about him.
Speaker 6: I'm not ashamed. I had a right to hate him.
Speaker 5: Pilise, stop it. Stop talking that way strung. You're not Every awful thing that ever happened to me is his fault. He was filter out and stop it. Go to your room, all right, I'll go. She won't be able to send me away. When the police come, I'll.
Speaker 6: Tell them to get out of here.
Speaker 5: Yes, mother, Oh terribly sorry. She really doesn't mean what she says. I'm terribly sorry.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be missus Murphy.
Speaker 5: But an outburst like that to a perfect stranger, I don't know what you must think.
Speaker 1: I think she's a pretty upset young woman, but.
Speaker 5: She has no right to be. She's been an extremely difficult child. I don't know what else to say to you. I'm I'm terribly ashamed for her. Now, would you come into.
Speaker 1: The drawing room, thank you?
Speaker 5: Please sit down. You are an insurance investigator, mister Dollar.
Speaker 1: Yes, and if you feel up to it, I'd like to get as clear a picture as I can of what happened the night your husband was killed.
Speaker 5: I imagine that I shall have you put up with it.
Speaker 1: Shat sooner or later. Yes, it probably would have been easier if your husband's brother were here to take part of the responsibility.
Speaker 5: Oh, he went to make arrangements for flying my husband home. I'm not sure when he'll be back, but I'll help all I can.
Speaker 1: First, missus Murphy, do you have any idea who could have killed your husband?
Speaker 5: Not the faintest idea, mister Dolla.
Speaker 1: You've been here in Kingston for two months? Is that right?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Could? Your husband haven't made any enemies during that time? Did he mention anything like that?
Speaker 5: No, you mentioned nothing. We've been about there's a little We only met a few people, some of Paul's friends, but he couldn't have made any enemies.
Speaker 1: Who was here the other night, No one but.
Speaker 5: Hannibal or Paul and Celicie and I and the servants.
Speaker 1: Of course, did your husband leave the house, Yes, of.
Speaker 5: Course he did. It's quite a strange question, mister Doner, considering where he was found.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, why did he leave?
Speaker 5: Paul said he was going to take a walk. He was in the house when I went to my room.
Speaker 1: What time is that?
Speaker 5: Little past ten? Paul retired a short time later and remembered that Hannibal said he wasn't sleepy, perhaps he would take a walk.
Speaker 1: And I take it your daughter had gone to bed too. Yes, do you mind if I talked to her?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: I rob you didn't.
Speaker 5: Why do you suspect her?
Speaker 1: I didn't say that, do you?
Speaker 5: Of course not. Mother would hardly suspect her own daughter.
Speaker 1: Why don't you want me to talk to me?
Speaker 5: Because she's a poor, unbalanced girl who's filled with war, hates and misunderstandings. She'll say dreadful things about Hannibal and about me, things that are absolutely not true.
Speaker 1: She'll have to be questioned missus Murphy.
Speaker 5: Of course I realized that, Well, there's nothing more right to say. I'll show you to her room.
Speaker 1: The police wasn't in her room. I found her waiting for me on the Bridle Trail along the cliff. She's been crying.
Speaker 5: I heard it say you were an investigator, and I ought to talk to you again.
Speaker 6: I knew I couldn't, hass I waited here. I just know it's the matter with me. I shouldn't have said what I did. I meant it when I said it. No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think I know quite what you mean.
Speaker 5: I'm awfully mixed up. The doctor tried to explain it to me.
Speaker 8: When my real father died, my mother was all I had, and when he came along, I thought he was stealing, not from me. I thought I didn't didn't have anything anymore.
Speaker 1: How long ago is that?
Speaker 6: It's been three years. I was fourteen when they were married. But he did take her away.
Speaker 8: He chucked me into an old school and went off on a trip. I know I didn't do it just to hurt me, but at night it would seem to me that he did.
Speaker 5: I tried to get over it, but I never could. That's why I'm glad he's dead.
Speaker 1: It's not a very wise thing to say for Lisa.
Speaker 6: I can't help it.
Speaker 1: Do you have anything else you wanted to tell me?
Speaker 8: No, I wanted to explain why I acted the way I didn't have. I don't suppose you understand.
Speaker 1: Part of it. I think I do. Quite a few children have to adjust themselves to step there hands these days. It's tough, and some do it better than others.
Speaker 8: I haven't done it well at all. Now I won't have to try anymore.
Speaker 6: I am sorry. It's the way I acted. I want to help you everywhere I can.
Speaker 1: How do you think you can help me?
Speaker 6: I'm not sure yet to let you know?
Speaker 1: All right, phlease, I'll be talking to you again. I didn't know then what this strange mixed up girl was driving at. I got the impression that she wanted to talk more than she had, but I was fairly sure the way to bring it out was to wait rather than press it too high. I checked in with Inspector Trabert, and his reactions were about the same as mine. On the strength of them, he called Paul Murphy into his office that afternoon. The last time I saw him was when I went to bed.
Speaker 2: We'd had a drink together, and he said he wasn't asleep here. He thought he might take a walk.
Speaker 4: Do you know how long after that he might have left the house.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry, I don't. I was dead tired, I went right asleep.
Speaker 4: Was he in my habit of taking walks at night sometimes?
Speaker 1: Yet? But you didn't hear a shot? No, I didn't hear anything.
Speaker 4: How much time passed would you say between the time you left him and the time.
Speaker 1: You were asleep? Oh? Not more than fifteen minutes, inspector, Then.
Speaker 4: He couldn't have left the house before, say, quarter past eleven.
Speaker 1: Yes, got'd be about it. And you're sure you didn't say anything about meeting anyone. He simply said he might take a walk.
Speaker 2: I'm not quite sure that I understand the importance of these questions.
Speaker 4: The importance is this, Your brother was killed by a twenty five caliber pistol fired at quite close range. I'm afraid we must assume that if he did not meet anyone, somebody either accompanied him or followed him.
Speaker 2: You mean you suspect someone in my house. We're only stating the facts. Someone was with your brother.
Speaker 4: We've ruled out the possibility of a robbery motive, since both you and the widow have stated that none of his personal effects are missing.
Speaker 1: You can see how the thing narrows down mister Murphy. Yes, I can don't know what to say.
Speaker 4: Do you mean that you suspect someone?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: If you do, mister Murphy, it would be you your advantage to come out with it.
Speaker 2: I'm afraid the duty of making accusations as yours not mine.
Speaker 4: A commendable statement, sir, As long as you don't mean that you're withholding.
Speaker 1: Information, I'm not. I have no information at all.
Speaker 4: Very well, mister Murphy, you may go.
Speaker 1: When Paul Murphy left, we both felt that he too was holding back, that it would be a long time before he offered any information. But we were only half right. He phoned the office a few minutes after he had reached food.
Speaker 4: Yes, have you called in your own doctor and a doctor Drummond. Yes, I know him. Now we'll send one immediately and come out ourselves. Yes, thank you very much, mister Murphy. Well, the stepdaughter attempted suicide?
Speaker 1: How serious?
Speaker 4: Mister Murphy was quite beside himself, and it was hard to know what did she do? Slashed her wrists a method that is really successful. But the question is why did she do it?
Speaker 2: We will return you to yours truly, Johnny Dollar, in just a moment. Later this evening, the Gangbusters give a graphic illustration of what happens when the police not a criminal who is a perfectionist. When a gang leader leaves no stone unturned to commit the perfect crime, there's a rough man hunt ahead for the police. Here are the exciting developments when you tune in Gangbusters later this evening on most of these same CBS radio stations. Now, with our star Edmond O'Brien, we bring you the second act of yours truly, Johnny Dollar respected Trevor and I and right out to the Murphy residents, but were held back from Pelice's room.
Speaker 1: I built a private and an official physician. The latter was the last to leave her room.
Speaker 4: Doctor, how is she?
Speaker 2: You can see her now, as you might expect, she's in a highly emotional state.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh this is mister Dollar. Doctor Gurley.
Speaker 1: How do you do, sir? Doctor Gurley? Is she gonna be all right?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, I think so.
Speaker 2: You can do a very good job of it. I think she needs a good psychiatrist, very good one.
Speaker 1: She's evidently needed one for a long time. She's saying anything to you, nothing specific, only that she hates everyone. Well, I wish you luck, gentlemen. I've got to run.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Gurley by doctor good day. Well yeah, missus Murphy, we've been told we could see.
Speaker 5: Don't call me Mury, that's not my name, and its happy Hello.
Speaker 6: Hello, mister.
Speaker 4: She you remember me, Inspector Trey, but that I spoke to you yesterday?
Speaker 5: I remember yesterday.
Speaker 6: I hardly remember anything. I don't want to. I want to forget.
Speaker 1: What do you want to forget?
Speaker 5: Everything?
Speaker 6: My whole life. It's been a waste, nothing's been right.
Speaker 4: I hate her, please, I don't care.
Speaker 5: I'm going to tell the truth is they't kill him?
Speaker 6: My mother and Paul.
Speaker 4: I thought, all happening you would have witnessed the killing.
Speaker 6: I saw what was happening here.
Speaker 5: I saw what was happening in England last summer.
Speaker 6: I first I was glad.
Speaker 5: I put he'd go away and I'd never see him again when we came here. If it weren't him, it would be somebody else.
Speaker 6: I knew it would never stop.
Speaker 1: Plase, hold it slow down.
Speaker 4: I'm afraid you'll have to be more specific, young lady. Do you mean that the marriage between your mother and stepfather was not a happy one?
Speaker 5: Started last summer in England. She was getting tired of him. I heard them fighting and calling one another names. They tried to hide it from me because they knew it'd make me happy.
Speaker 6: But I heard them. She wanted divorced him. He wouldn't let her.
Speaker 1: What happened the other night, Felice, I.
Speaker 6: Knew what was happening here too.
Speaker 5: I heard them arguing the other night after they sent me to my room.
Speaker 6: Then I heard mother go to her room. Then they left the house.
Speaker 1: Your stepfather and Paul.
Speaker 4: Did you see them leave? Yes?
Speaker 6: And then I heard the shot.
Speaker 1: What time did you hear it? You remember?
Speaker 6: Yes? I remember it? Quarter past eleven. I remember because I was lying in bed awake.
Speaker 5: But when I heard it, I sat up and I turned on my lamp and I looked at the clock. Then I turned the lamp off again and went to the window. In a little while, I saw Paul come back alone.
Speaker 1: Why haven't you told us this before, Pelice, No, don't know.
Speaker 8: He was awfully mixed up. She's my mother, that's first. I thought I should protect her, and I thought of everything she had done to me. She never wanted me, She threw me away. She's never been a real mother.
Speaker 5: I've always keep her. I'm telling you.
Speaker 6: Turned I wanted to be punished for everything.
Speaker 4: I shall expect you to repeat this in the form of a small statement.
Speaker 6: Well, but you've got to take.
Speaker 5: Me away from here now I can't see here. I'm a pleasure of what they do.
Speaker 1: The girl was moved to the police hospital later that day repeated a statement under oak. But about the time she was doing that, there's another development. Inspector Trebotte received a call from the proprietor of a second hand shop and specialized in fishing, tackle and guns.
Speaker 4: After youse, Good afternoon, are you mister innes? I am Inspector Trabert.
Speaker 7: How I thought you were place when you came in.
Speaker 4: This is mister Doller, an American investigator.
Speaker 1: Out of MENTU. Mister Ennis, we want to thank you for phoning about the game.
Speaker 7: Well, I thought it was my duty. I've been reading about the.
Speaker 9: Murder and when this chap came in here to tell me a pistol? What was the same caliber as the missing weapon? I said to myself, you opt to the phone and tell the police.
Speaker 4: Who could we receive the pistol?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 7: I've got a ridea behind the case.
Speaker 1: Here we are wait a moment. Have you handled it much?
Speaker 7: Handle it? Of course I've handled it. I had to look it over before I paid him for it.
Speaker 4: If this is the murder weapon, I'd like to protect any fingerprints that might remain. Let me pick it up. Hmm, A webly, mister Dollar.
Speaker 1: And it's been in England. Would you recognize the man who brought an end, mister Ennis?
Speaker 7: I think so.
Speaker 9: There's not much trade and guns here, you know, fishing gear mostly. I think this is the first gun I've bought in six months. Yes, yes, i'd remember him. Would you describe I try? It was about my size, I'd say a little heavier. We had what you'd call brown hair.
Speaker 1: He was ten the English or America?
Speaker 7: He was English, as I am.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you, mis soon as it's possible, you may be called upon for identification.
Speaker 9: Happy to oblige this spector. But what about the money? I paid four pounds for that pistol?
Speaker 1: And you have Felice's foreign statement, respector Traber was supposed to make an arrest so the last time he returned to the murphysidence.
Speaker 4: And I shall have to remind you that anything you say may be held in evidence against you.
Speaker 1: Do you mean that you're arresting it's for Hannibal's murder.
Speaker 4: There's nothing else I can do. So I have a statement given under oath to the effect that you and the deceased left this house together the night of the murder.
Speaker 1: That's not true.
Speaker 4: That the sound of a shot was heard, and that you were then seen returning to this house alone, that isn't true.
Speaker 1: There's not one word of truth in it. I didn't leave the house with him. Can you prove that, mister Murphy. Alice, you know I didn't leave, don't you.
Speaker 5: Of course he didn't.
Speaker 1: Can you prove it? Missus Murphy? I understood you to say you were in your room, that you went to sleep immediately and heard nothing.
Speaker 4: My daughter made that statement, isn't she under oath and the four witnesses?
Speaker 5: But she lied. I told you she would, Mister Dolla, she do anything to hurt me.
Speaker 1: You've got to believe that, Alice. Wait, what did she say?
Speaker 4: Was my reason for killing my own brother because of your love for his wife?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: She's insane. How can you believe these things? Your men have intelligence.
Speaker 1: My men were used to working with evidence. The Swan statement is admissible evidence unless it can be proved false. Neither one of you seems to be able to do that.
Speaker 2: I don't think we better say anymore until we have legal counsel.
Speaker 5: No, I won't let her do this to me.
Speaker 6: We can't, Paul.
Speaker 5: I think she killed him. She hated him.
Speaker 2: She's the only one in the house that had reason to take No good Alice, what are you going to do with this, inspector, I shall have to take you to jailer. Sorry, we did give us a few minutes to get ready, of course, Come on, Alice, go get your things, everything of the all.
Speaker 1: Right, what do you think inspected to be?
Speaker 4: Quite honest, I'm not sure, but I know my duty as a policeman. The strength of that statement of their innocence or guilt out up to the courts to decide.
Speaker 1: Less formally, though, it's a pretty frightening thing to think of if that girl and her mental frame of mind could suddenly decide that she was a witness, make a sworn statement and bring all this down on two innocent people.
Speaker 4: Yes, I know, but the fact remains that they have absolutely nothing to say in their own defense. I've got to arrest them.
Speaker 1: The widow and Paul Murphy were taken in and I couldn't get out of my mind the strength of the case against them as far as the crown went, the strength built on the fact that there was no evidence, were no witnesses to refute police's statement. I suppose that as far as the insurance angle went, my job was done. But after I left Inspector Trabert, I went to the hospital to see the girl again. God high a feeling.
Speaker 6: I feel awfully lonely. They rest mother and Paul. Yeah, then I'm all alone. She'll never want me best now, no matter what happened, But she never wanted me anyway.
Speaker 7: I'm glad I did it.
Speaker 1: If you told the truth, you have nothing to worry about.
Speaker 6: What do you mean I have nothing to worry about.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you told the truth, you did the right thing. But if you didn't, you've done one of the worst things anyone could do.
Speaker 6: Of course, I told the truth.
Speaker 1: He believed me, don't you That doesn't make any difference, inspected that you do.
Speaker 5: Don't you.
Speaker 6: You just think I was lying?
Speaker 7: Do you?
Speaker 1: I hope then you think I could make it all up?
Speaker 5: Do you think I could do a thing like that?
Speaker 1: I hope not.
Speaker 5: I couldn't.
Speaker 6: I know what you're thinking. I told you how I hated her and I hated him.
Speaker 5: I could never say the things I said if they weren't true. I could never do a thing like that.
Speaker 1: How did you happen to see the two men leave the house together? You never really explain that.
Speaker 5: What you can do?
Speaker 1: I thought you were in bed nothing. You saw them leave and went to bed. Then you heard the shot, and you got up again and went back to the window. Was your light on when you saw them leave? But you turned it on when you heard the shot? Yes, Then you turned it off and got out of bed and went back to the window. And who did you see?
Speaker 5: I told you Paul?
Speaker 1: I was sure it was Paul.
Speaker 5: I was sure.
Speaker 1: Why were you sure I saw? Why were you sure it was Paul? Why didn't you think it was your stepfather?
Speaker 6: And it was poor because I had a feeling that something was going to happen.
Speaker 1: More questions, Better get use of them. The defense attorney is going to be asking the same kind of this gets into the courts. Well, I won't buy anymore for Lisa. I guess your time.
Speaker 6: You don't believe me, do you?
Speaker 1: I told you? Doesn't make any difference. As I mentioned, the matter was out of my hands by that time, and I was sort of fifty to fifty on believing your girl. I made my plane reservations on my way back to the hotel. But when I asked my key, I got to set a message to phone Inspector Traylor. When I did, he told me a that the twenty five caliber weblaze from the shops the murder gun and b had some prints on it and checked to a known criminal who had confessed for shooting. He asked me if I wanted to come over.
Speaker 4: It's an incredible turn of events raised this perfect hob of the girl's statement. In any case, we thought the bill from it. On the other hand, Oh here, I should like to have you meet mister Roy Church.
Speaker 1: What are you doing back, Copper? You beat it out of me, and now you've got it. Who dropped quite a bombshell into this?
Speaker 4: Mister Church, tell mister Dollar in your own words, how you came to kill mister Murphy.
Speaker 1: Why should I You've told him, haven't you?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: I doubted he would believe me.
Speaker 1: I like to hear Church. His ready brother said he was going to pay me to do it.
Speaker 2: Paul Murphy promised me five hundred time he did take me one hundred, and I waited two blinking weeks on that clip for his brother to take his walk, and I got welsh by the dirty beggar before I had.
Speaker 7: To sell the pistol.
Speaker 4: Tell him why, mister Church.
Speaker 2: I was supposed to take this here Murphy's wallet, to make it look like robbery. But he fell over the clip when I shot him, and I couldn't reach him.
Speaker 4: That'll be all, mister Church, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Think nothing of it, well, mister Dollar.
Speaker 1: This means there is no word of truth in that science statement, except that maybe she heard the shot. She didn't see the men leave the house or poor come back. She didn't know anything.
Speaker 4: Yes, a rather spiteful statement, but fortunately true in content.
Speaker 1: They did have the man killed.
Speaker 4: I don't know what to do about that girl? What would you do?
Speaker 1: Luckily, I can leave the whole mess in your hands, inspector, But I wish you'd come up and work a nice, simple Hartford murder with me sometimes? Do you good? Spence? Count Adam two same as Adam on transportation back to Hartford Adam three. Miscellaneous expenses two hundred and four dollars and eighty cents. Spence count totals seven hundred and thirty four dollars and forty cents. Remarks I can't help wondering what would have happened if Felice's sworn statement had been entirely false and the widow and Paul entirely innocent. I wonder if they would have been hanged anyway. Yours Truly, Johnny Dallas.
Speaker 2: Yours Truly Johnny Dollar stars Edmond O'Brien in the title role and is written by Gil Dowd with music by Wilbur Hatch. Edmond O'Brien can soon be seen starring in the Paramount Pictures technical or production Silver City, featured into Night's cast where Eric Snowden, Virginia, Greg Jeanette, Nolan, ben Wright, Charles Davis, and Dan O'Hurley. Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar is transcribed in Hollywood by hi May del Vye. This is Dan cubberly inviting you to join us next week at this time when Edmund O'Brien.
Speaker 1: Returns as Yours truly, Johnny Dalla. Lovers of fine music are already familiar. Were the strong, melodious voices of the Coroliers on CBS Radio. This is to remind our many Sunday Night Coroliers listeners that this excellent choral group will be heard at a new earlier time on most of these stations starting tomorrow. Stay tuned now for the Von Monroe Show, which follows immediately on most of these same stations.
Speaker 2: And remember those lovable rascals, Amos and Andy are here every Sunday on the CBS Radio network.