Speaker 1: Okay, come on, Oh, big show today, big, big, big show. Good morning, This is Ed McMahon. I know, ladies and gentlemen, Rod is it over yet? Wakey, wakey, hands off, snaky? Oh what that was, Alice?
Speaker 2: It's like it just started.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, Well, there was a hump day thing, but it might have been another hump day thing in there. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody. I hope you're on to a great start to your day. It is Wildcard Wednesday. Welcome aboard double oh seven. Sean Connery is gonna go for win number two fresh out of mad head to head challenge. A Wall Nation coming to town point. I mean, who isn't coming to town? You see all those concert announcements yesterday. I got a Wall Nation tickets for you in home room. On the fun fact flashback, the Chida will be out to with fifty pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party. He's going to announce with his location at seven five. It is a first come, first serve basis. We will also have tickets to give away on the air today. I'll blow those tickets out at around seven twenty this morning.
Speaker 3: Twenty Days celebrating twenty.
Speaker 1: Years two hundred dollars Academy Sports an outdoors gift card coming your way at eight twenty five finger dep punch tickets Marilyn Manson plus get qualified for an autographed guitar. We'll have that opportunity. Those tickets are in the pit too. We'll get to those tickets at nine ten Pit tickets to Glass Animals on Know the show. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, same as yesterday, high form around ninety four. It's pretty toasty out there these days. Man, it's a little warm for mid to On the back half of September, Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: I do good morning Rod, Good morning home Room. So both presidential candidates are campaigning this week, but the investigation in the Sunday's alleged attempted assassination of former President Trump is dominating the headlines.
Speaker 4: I mean, you have Republican senator saying, hey, he needs.
Speaker 2: More resources the Secret Service from the Secret Service following that second attempt at assassination. Right, They're like, the former president should get the same level of protection as President Biden and Vice President Harris during this really tumultuous time, right, So that's kind of what the back and forth is going on. The suspect who attempted the assassination is behind bars and that investigation is ongoing. So really that's the big national story. There's also some senate stuff, IBF stuff, we'll talk about it this morning, Yeah, relating to passage of bills and things like that. Here in Houston, the pressure is reportedly decreasing in that burning pipeline in Deer Park, so the fire is not burnt out, but it's closer to it. Energy Transfer says monitoring shows no impact to air quality in that area, but Spencer Highway is still closed between Luela and Canada Road. We've been mentioning that in your wreck checks. Also there's questions as to why was it just that pipeline, Why was it surrounded by just a chain link fence, like some of them are surrounded by concrete barriers as more of a deterrent to prevent that from happening. So these are the conversations that local News is having right now. Wanted to catch you up to speed with that. Okay, let's switch gears here. You know the company Tupperware. Of course you do well, it's going bankrupt after seventy eight years. It's just a debt restructuring thing, so they're not going away completely, but it won't be American made Tupperware anymore. So really it's the end of an era. The brand was launched in nineteen forty six by a guy named Earl Tupper. Do you ever go to a Tupperware party? Maybe your grandma hosted one like minded, but that's where the name comes from, Earl Tupper. We'll were talking about that.
Speaker 5: Sean Diddy Combs is being denied bail and will remain detained in connection to his federal criminal case. Closely did not guilty in New York court yesterday after a grand jury indicted him on sex trafficking and racketeering charges.
Speaker 2: Prosecutors argue that hip hop and business mogul is a flight risk and a danger to the public, saying he allegedly has a history of coercing witnesses. So yeah, I don't know if you saw the press conference with the prosecution being like, he used to have parties he called freakofs It lasted for days, that would last for days. He would pleasure himself while at these freaking parties freak off parties, and the judge also wasn't swayed because did he offer to pay a fifty million dollar bond. He offered to wear an ankle monitor limit his travel, but they were like, no, you're staying right here. So pretty big deal. For the first time in two years, the Deptones are hitting venues for a headline tour and those venues are big.
Speaker 4: They include Toyota Center.
Speaker 2: Deftones are coming to Toyota Soner next year at March sixteenth, So we have all that information on the music blog page. I believe the general public ticket shill is Friday, ten am local time.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston sidelights.
Speaker 1: Take it Alex.
Speaker 6: The Astros got by the padres and extra innings last night four to three. Jose Al Tuve was ejected from the game after taking off his cleat to prove that the umpires were.
Speaker 7: Idiots and don't have eyes.
Speaker 3: Joe Jackson.
Speaker 6: Basically, what happened is he fouled the ball off of his foot.
Speaker 7: The ball should be dead. It should be called a foul ball. Right there. The ball bounced off his foot, went to.
Speaker 6: The third base and third baseman threw him out and the umpires were like, yeah, we didn't see.
Speaker 7: It hit off your foot.
Speaker 6: And then he showed him, Hey, look here's the mark from my foot where the ball just hit. They were like, we don't care, We're cheaters. Whatever, dude, So Jose was mad. Then he got ejected. Astros are gonna play the Padres again tonight. Jose's probably gonna Homer like ten times. In this way, trimmer Val doesn't be in the mount for the strokes. He's gonna be going up against San Diego's Dylan Cees first pitches at five pin forty. You can listen to it on her sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety in soccer Houston died.
Speaker 7: WEFC is gonna be back in action tonight.
Speaker 6: They're gonna host the Vancouver white Caps at Shell Energy Stadium. Kick off for that at seven thirty and you can watch it on Apple TV.
Speaker 7: That is what's going on in his.
Speaker 1: Foots Okay, So another big morning, Welcome to home room, everybody fresh out of bed, heads ahead. Interesting yesterday our boy got stuff there at the door of the Hall of Fame. Chili is here right now, he said, he's going to be calling it at seven oh five. He's going to be out at another location with fifty pair of tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party. So I don't know any plans on getting out of here. That's like a clue, Like how long will it take him to get where's he going? I don't know, but we're gonna have to wait till seven oh five. I'm looking for the first phone call right now. If you want to get in on the first phone call, I'd love to have you on seven one three two one two five nine four five. Don't call with a request to have chili. You know, go to your front door with the tickets. Hey, can chili come to my work with those tickets? No, you cannot unless you work where he shows up. Seven one three two one two five ninety four five The most interactive show on the radio. We'll prove it today.
Speaker 8: Some mush shit Pop Gosherman ninety four five, The class Goodbody rod Ryan Show, like we are often running four homors of pain on a wild card.
Speaker 1: Wednesday, smashing pumpkins out of the gate. Come on, Wizard, you kill it, kill it. Okay, guys, we're gonna be very busy today. Is this what you were looking for?
Speaker 3: Before Alix.
Speaker 7: Yeah, where was it?
Speaker 6: I guess they grabbed the wrong one above it or below it yesterday?
Speaker 1: All right? Well, fair enough, Well listen, it is hump day today, it's wild Card Wednesday and out of the gate too. Well, I want to be anonymous. Happy birthday to the US Air Force today, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Know, like six weeks out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the Air Force guys have not been calling me for a month out like the Marine guys do. But yeah, it's good to get that out their Happy birthday to the to the Air Force. Ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy. Yeah, we could play their song partly cloudy hive about ninety four.
Speaker 9: Yeah, give them their due.
Speaker 1: All right, good stuff, all right, So he wants to be remain anonymous.
Speaker 3: He's been listening for a number of years, brother Rod.
Speaker 1: In case it's slipped by you, Happy seventy seventh birthday to the United States Air Force, the world's.
Speaker 3: Pre eminent air power bar none.
Speaker 1: There are one hundred and ninety five countries on this globe, one hundred and sixty one of them have air forces. But no one, and I mean no one comes close. Well said hell well said, We're gonna be very busy today. Sean Connery is going for win numbers double oh seven's going for win number two. Fresh out of bad head to head a wall Nation tickets before they go on sale this Friday. We're gonna give you those tickets on the fun fact flashback our man Chili, who is here right now. Chili is still here. He's going to be on at seven five. Not here, He's going to be at a secret location, and he's going to be giving away again fifty.
Speaker 3: I can't go backwards now. We did fifty last time. Fifty pair of one.
Speaker 1: Hundred tickets he's bringing with him to give out today wherever he pops up around town. So that's gonna happen. We'll know that in the seven o'clock hour. And then I see some phone lines ringing here, it's.
Speaker 2: That time for the first count Colum.
Speaker 10: The next.
Speaker 3: Michael got through first.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Michael, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 3: Hey dude, you got the first phone call today.
Speaker 1: How are you man?
Speaker 11: Doing great?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 11: Blessed and thankful?
Speaker 1: You know, blessed and thankful. I like that blessed and thankful list. I gonna steel that. Can you throw in highly favored?
Speaker 12: Can I come?
Speaker 1: I allowed to say that, come in there and highly favored. Okay, well what do you want to get? It started with dude, come oh, did you want to get us? Was that all you had to say this morning? Did you want to say something else? With the first phone call?
Speaker 13: They you know, I'm you know, I'm just ready to go to work, you know, just listen, you guys, I'm ready.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it, Michael, Thank you, man, I really appreciate it. Let's sneak out another one here, Nicki Oh, Nikki the pottery Chick, it says, Nikki the pottery Lady.
Speaker 2: Hey lady, Hey Nicole, how are you?
Speaker 14: Good morning, home room and good afternoon podcasters?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, good wait, wait to like talk to people in the future there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 14: So here's the thing. I'm a starving artist. I know there's a lot of starving artists here in Houston, and so what I would like to do, and I'm already I've got several people lined up, but I want to create a starving artist whole for the Boom Bronck Tournament.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We mentioned this on the air the other day. So your I mean, it's your company, it's what you do.
Speaker 1: You're Clay and Kiln, right, that's people come to you and they can make pottery, and you've made pottery for us at different things. And we talked about the expense of a hole and if you don't have the money for that, you are suggesting let's get a bunch of artists together and split the cost and you guys can all be out there and activate your sponsored hole. Absolutely love that.
Speaker 14: I've got the tables, the tents, the chairs, I've got everything you need if you can't be there. I also have a background in selling commission high end art, so I'm happy to represent as well.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's got potential to be a really really fun hole on the course.
Speaker 14: Oh it's going to be a black I mean, it's just it's and so yeah, you're a starving artist. It doesn't matter what type of art you make, jewelry, pottery, paintings, drawings. I've got a watercolor artist coming, come party, have fun. It's just amazing.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: People can email me. I've got your contact information and if I hear from some people, I will send them your way.
Speaker 3: And I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: And your heart's in the right place because she wants to get be out there and she wants to help out the charity. Thank you, Thank you. Nicole on the Flip got a rec check. You can email me if you're a starving artist out there. The problem is outside of Rebecca, who's really not starving anymore. I feel like this is not an artsy, fartsy time to be awake.
Speaker 2: I feel like artists are sweeping, like, yeah, maybe they never put it to this.
Speaker 7: If they're finishing up whatever they're working on, they've been up all night.
Speaker 3: Sculpting the thing of musician artists.
Speaker 7: I'll almost spend time.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well let me take a short break. Yeah, you can email me and then I can hook you up with Nicole on the Flip.
Speaker 3: Got a rec check for you.
Speaker 1: We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the Fresh out of.
Speaker 10: Bed Houston, Houston's alternative and tell them at The rod Ryan Morning Show four five The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. It's all time low with black Bear and Monsters. You know you're starting to see it now, We're I mean, we're closed.
Speaker 3: I don't mind it now.
Speaker 1: September eighteenth, there's a list of of the best horror movies. I mean, there's just probably six of them coming after this one, but everyone was like fighting to get their horror movie. The all time horror movie list out. That's gonna be on Links and Guests later today. I was just thinking about that with a monster song. Ten percent chance of rain partly cloudy ninety four will be the high today. Let's play a game and now each time for the fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge, Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 3: What a pain in the ass.
Speaker 1: I got to change the music for this guy and everything Sean Sean Connery, Hello, Jumblow Sherman, Hey, good morning everybody. Good morning dude, little uh. You were the spoiler yesterday keeping somebody out of the Hall of Fame. I guess it's been done to you before. So you have you ever done that to somebody?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I I think I sapped one or two people on day five.
Speaker 3: You like that make you feel good, but you feel like a big man.
Speaker 1: Not not not really always feels feels horrible.
Speaker 3: Well, you're here though, and you're playing for today's prize. Who wants to take you on?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh ummm, We're gonna move around some things all these guys got their own crap.
Speaker 1: My what name are you known?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 1: Are some who call me Tim?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Tim's back on?
Speaker 11: Hi, Tim, good morning, brother, riding friends.
Speaker 1: Tim? You Tim?
Speaker 3: You played in the summer, didn't you?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 13: The I played in June and I got beat by Adam the cop the day before.
Speaker 9: I had my knee replaced.
Speaker 1: What happened you had replaced? What's what's replaceable? I mean you've had everything replaced in the last year.
Speaker 11: Yeah, just that's a heart surgery.
Speaker 13: A bunyan removed, knee replacedn't bad.
Speaker 1: Every time this guy sends me an email, he's on a gurney.
Speaker 2: It's that one bunyan surgery that I have so many questions about.
Speaker 3: How many times in the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 1: Tim three times?
Speaker 3: Three times? Sean would like to call himself a three time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 11: So Man, Tessa, I'd rather have a knee replace than a bundon removed.
Speaker 4: Again, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I've heard. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: What are they playing for today?
Speaker 2: I have a broad Rancho T shirt available.
Speaker 1: Shout out your day. When you think you know the answer, I'm quite sure. Good luck at I'm quite sure.
Speaker 3: These guys have a couple of T shirts already. Yeah, all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Question number one. I don't know if I answered that one already. Did I ask that one the first one?
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: What type of drinks are Monster Celsius.
Speaker 1: And Ready Sean Sean Energy drinks?
Speaker 3: Energy drinks? Do we have something similar?
Speaker 1: What does it? I felt like I asked that one was asked.
Speaker 7: I feel like it was asked.
Speaker 3: It was asked.
Speaker 2: I thought it wasn't.
Speaker 1: It wasn't.
Speaker 2: Scratch shot on the page.
Speaker 3: Who got that?
Speaker 2: Sean?
Speaker 11: Three time?
Speaker 2: He just said that was already asked yesterday.
Speaker 7: That he's still answered, Oh, it wasn't asked yesterday.
Speaker 1: No, next question, Okay, Sean's got Shawn's on the board. Tim is not on the board? Question number two, This question was not asked this week. What online store offers prime two day delovery?
Speaker 5: Tim?
Speaker 1: Tim?
Speaker 11: Amazon?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But is it true?
Speaker 3: Is it two days anymore?
Speaker 2: No, it's not because I ordered so many decorations for my mom's party and they came in four days later.
Speaker 3: Who waited for the last minute to throw a party?
Speaker 2: My brother?
Speaker 1: You eat one.
Speaker 3: For the win.
Speaker 1: What Disney movie has a villain sea witch named Sean Sean little Mermaid.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I would have got that right. It's a correct answer.
Speaker 13: Good game, Tim, Good game.
Speaker 1: What Disney? What Disney movie has a villain sea witch named Ursula? Sean Connery gets the square, the one they called Tim is gone.
Speaker 3: All right, Tim, we gotta see say good bye to you.
Speaker 9: Sah.
Speaker 1: You guys have a great week.
Speaker 3: Dude, you're running out of time. You're gonna get in this tournament.
Speaker 11: That's okay?
Speaker 1: All right? Hey, good win today, Sean Connery, you want to play tomorrow? Absolutely, let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: The right right show celebrating twenty years ninety four five.
Speaker 3: The Buzz, Here we go ninety four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Who was staring crawling in the dark Rod Ryan's show Wild Card Wednesday. Tanya was wondering. She just tuned in, said she said, she heard the news. I'm gonna try to chase Chili down. I'm out in Conroe. Are you guys going to announce Chili's location early or not until he gets there?
Speaker 3: That's Hanya? When would I ever announce where he's going to be early?
Speaker 1: No, you're gonna have to wait. Chili will be on with us at about seven five this morning, and he will a sex rye. He will announce where he is. He will give you the location and all that good stuff, and then boom. What's gonna be fun is he goes Facebook live out there and I like to watch what's going on to see him get mobbed. He's got fifty pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show Anniversary Party, the one that's going down on October twelfth at the Carbot Brewery.
Speaker 3: So we'll check you with him at seven o five. No no like clues or anything. No no, no, no, no clues, no nothing. We gotta wait till Chilly tells us where he's at.
Speaker 1: The Fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 13: It's double O seven Sean Connery. This two time Hall of Famer is now you're fresh out of bed head to head two to day champion. Nice and I see all the Hall of Famers are coming out to play in it. We're hit in on fifth Thursday when I make it win number three, which.
Speaker 1: Is buly be the two time Hall of Famer to win his first game. He just took out a three time Hall of Famer on his second game. I would say that the Hall of Famers are coming out to play, that's for sure. Okay, a well Nation tickets coming up. But first, shit's the fuck. Back to the day. We make you look smart and funny. Here body sits the funk.
Speaker 8: Back to the day.
Speaker 1: Here's your very fresh new fun facts today.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 3: Heel Ridney, good to see your brother, see you.
Speaker 1: Johnson and Johnson was founded by three guys named Johnson. They were all brothers, Robert James and Edward Johnson, but they just went with Johnson and Johnson as opposed to Johnson. Johnson and Johnson's not enough space on the sign. I guess I mean Harley Davidson we had talked about on this show. Does anybody remember what was fun about that? There was two Davidson brothers and one Harley, and somehow he won getting his name first. You would think the brothers would have liked it, would have It could have been Davidson Harley.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it starts at the D alphabetically, Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, always start with the D.
Speaker 4: Always.
Speaker 1: There's a football player named Bobby Singh. Bobby Singh won a Super Bowl with the Saint Louis Rams in the year two thousand Alex. He then won an XFL championship with the La Extreme in two thousand and one, and then five years after that, he won a CFL championship in two thousand and six with the BC.
Speaker 3: Lions Holy Trinity.
Speaker 1: No player has won a Super Bowl, an XFL and a CFL championship.
Speaker 7: Nor will they because the XFL doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: Tea, Yeah, okay, so he's the only person to ever do that. Finally, Paul McCartney wrote Let It Be, maybe one of the greatest songs of all time. Maybe, Hell, it's pretty good. I mean you want to fight? Hey, do you want to fight? I give it a.
Speaker 11: I give it an a.
Speaker 1: All right, my top song about beats for sure. Paul McCartney wrote Let It Be, and he sent it to Aretha Franklin. He thought it would be good for her to record and to put out, so she recorded it and she just sat on it. She didn't put it out there. So the Beatles decided let's just put it out ourselves, and then they had a huge hit and then Aretha finally released her version.
Speaker 2: Oh Thanks, that's me.
Speaker 15: He gave the song to Aretha Franklin and she didn't put it out. She's like, yeah, sure, it's okay, all right, it's okay. I'm gonna roll with this respect song that's also not mine.
Speaker 1: It's not a fuck. That's the day we make you look smart, body, it's the fuck to the day.
Speaker 3: Okay, what you giving away?
Speaker 2: Okay? I have a pair of tickets to see a Wall Nation. They're doing House of Blues April first. Tickets don't even go on sale for this show until Friday at ten am on ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 4: But we have a pair of whins before you come back.
Speaker 1: Okay. The longest golf hole in the world is one thousand, one hundred yards. It's in South Korea, so that makes that a par seven if you hit that with one swing of your golf club. If you I a hole in one, what bird would that be called? Seven, one, three, two and two? What specific bird would that be called?
Speaker 3: Seven? One, three, two, win two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 3: Okay, good morning, Hell, good morning Rod, No hints, hell, where is chili? Just I skip this? Where is chili going to be?
Speaker 2: I know it?
Speaker 3: Directions? And he went, oh you do yeah, Oh my gosh, all right, I got to say that last.
Speaker 1: Sure he doesn't on pointing right now, nobody knows think about saying he's going to act like he knows.
Speaker 3: He doesn't know? All right, how do I now?
Speaker 10: I know?
Speaker 3: You know how he did on Wall Street yesterday?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it was a mixedown Wall Street. If the daw was down sixteen points kick off this morning of forty one thousand, six hundred and six, NASA got up thirty six to seventeen thousand, six hundred and twenty eight. Benchmark ten year Treasury trades at are three points sixty six percent, and OILS stands at seventy dollars twenty three cents a barrel to the most actor is the big studs, Intel, Dow and MX, the big duds Walmart, Verizon, and United Health. On the economic calendar, this morning, we'll get numbers on housing starts for August, and later.
Speaker 3: Today we'll get the Fed's decision on interest rates.
Speaker 12: Right now, futures, hey on the upside, hang on to this be a pause opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 15: That's it.
Speaker 3: I'm out here.
Speaker 12: This is Halan Manage your director with Ramon James Porter for the rod Ron Show, Maramony James On, Sam Felippe and Gusta No forget to bays for rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 10: Opinions expressed are those of halland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and Associates. Thank Come Ever, NYC, as, IBC, I ART Radio or at sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. If there's no insurance transmission, we'll continue.
Speaker 16: This is not a.
Speaker 10: Solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end this program as our educational and informational services on Linkstads of dots are based on movement as reported by Young Guys.
Speaker 1: Twenty four to five The Buzz Welcome back, Rod Ryan Show. Good morning, Good morning, Well Hello, who's this.
Speaker 11: Rebecca?
Speaker 1: Rebecca, Welcome to the show. How are you today?
Speaker 3: I'm doing well, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Let's see if we can get you a ticket that's not even on sale yet. We talked about the longest golf hole in the world. It's one thousand at one hundred yards. It's in South Korea. It's a par seven. If you did manage to get a hole in one what would we call it phoenix? Phoenix?
Speaker 9: You're right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now, if you're like Alex, he's a big hitter, but not that big. But Alex would probably do it in two shots. We would call that an ostrich. You are the winner, though.
Speaker 3: What are you giving Rebecca?
Speaker 2: Okay, Rebecca, you tickets to see a wall Dash at the House of Blues. Oh my gosh, it's right. Congratulations, Thank you so much, man, Thank you so much, Rebecca.
Speaker 1: Thanks for being a part of homeroom. Hang on the phone for me.
Speaker 3: We'll set you up with those tickets. Who's setting them up with the ticket?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh, Bobby Jokes is here?
Speaker 7: Oh that means Chili left.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Chili's out of here.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's ninety four to five in the Buzz, ninety four five the Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 3: Blur song two. Yeah, I just looked over.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm watching the screens like you guys, if you're watching us on maybe Facebook Live or wherever we're love now, I know we're on YouTube. Everything's at rod Ryan's Show. Chili has just kind of slipped out of here. He's he's very spry for a very spry.
Speaker 3: For a bigger guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just slips out of here, and I don't know when he goes, but Bobby Jokes just poof, he's there. He's in one of the boxes there and he's answering the phones right now. So we're gonna check in. I'm told Chili's gonna call in to the show at seven oh five to announce his location and he will let us know exactly where he's at with his again fifty pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twenty teniversary party. Gotta waits, no clues. I don't know where he's at, Bobby jokes.
Speaker 3: You know where he's that he gotta thumb's down.
Speaker 1: He doesn't know. Ten percent chance of rain party, claudey Hype ninety four.
Speaker 3: Tessa, what are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, both presidential candidates are campaigning this week, but the investigation into Sunday's alleged attempted assassination of former President Trump is dominating the headlines. He says his second apparent assassination attempt shows his presidency was consequential. So Trump was at a town hall event in Michigan last night and claimed only consequential presidents get shot at, and that it's a dangerous business running for president. So Republican senators are demanding more resources from the Secret Service following that attempt, and eight senators sent a letter to the Secret Service demanding increased protection for Trump. They say the former president should get the same level of protection as President Biden and Vice President Harris. So that's the political news. Meanwhile, here in Houston, this pipeline fire entering its third day. I think this said something like forty four hours it's been burning, but the pressure reportedly decreasing in that burning pipeline, so the fire is closer to plan to burning out. The company says monitoring shows no impact to air quality in the area. But as I mentioned in an earlier reccheck, Spencer Highway is closed between Luela and Canada Road. This is a fire that started around ten am on Monday. Okay, so we're now here Wednesday morning, entering its third day almost And you know, if you didn't know, it was an suv that crashed through a fence and hit an above ground valve. So no word yet as to whether the driver survived or who he was. There are questions, however, on why was it just a chain link fence surrounding this valve. Like now, you know, in hindsight, they're like, Okay, if that's all it takes to create this much damage in the surrounding areas and this big of an issue, why wasn't.
Speaker 4: There concrete around that thing?
Speaker 2: So things like that, Questions like that are popping up here locally, and definitely wanted to mention that, Yeah, maybe some security flaws in that fencing energy. Okay, if you have a sandwich for lunch today, you might be doing it wrong. And I love sandwiches, but I also love a good cheeseburger. It's National Cheeseburger Day. A poll for it found eighty two percent of us love cheeseburgers, and America cheese is a chop choice when you're making your berg. Cheddar almost took the chop spot. Big hitters have some pretty solid deals this year. I'm talking about McDonald's Wendy's Burger King. I think McDonald's doing like a fifty cent double cheeseburger through the app, and then Wendy's is doing like Junior baking cheeseburgers for a penny with any purchase through Sunday. I could go on Dairy Queen, Buffalo Wild Wings. There are all the deals you would ever need on our blog page to just go to links and guests if you're looking to get a good deal on a burger. I made an amazing cheeseburger cast role type thing, and I'm gonna tweet out the TikTok for that because it was really really good. Indywire dot Com put together a list of the seventy five best horror movies of all time. It has a mix of modern favorites and films they say paved the way for the genre, so not just the typical movies you see on these types of lists. But the number one spot goes to Possession, which I have never seen. This is a film that was released in nineteen eighty one, so that would makes sense as to why I haven't seen it. Also a number two same thing, John Carpenter's The Thing was released in nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 1: That's a big movie.
Speaker 2: I guess these are what they're saying, are like the the things that paved the way. These are the legacy movies.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: Don't Look Now is a nineteen seventy three movie that's number three. The Cabinet of Doctor Calgary Caligary. I don't know nineteen twenty that movie. Finally one I recognize the Texas Chainsaw Masker that comes in at number five. And as I mentioned, this is a list of seventy five horror movies. So I'm definitely not going to go cook through all of them, but you can check about on the book pape.
Speaker 1: Well, what's interesting to look at is you're saying, oh, I don't know this one, I don't know this one, I don't know this one. Eighties and seventies was the heyday of horror movies. That's when they knew how to make them. Plus they could get away with more, and they you know, the gore and everything. I mean, listen, every time we do any kind of a horror thing, it's the same thing when this show does some superhero list. Nobody's qualified to talk about it because nobody.
Speaker 3: Really watches these we're terrified of them.
Speaker 1: It just seems like every.
Speaker 3: Time we do a list, it's like, I don't know this one. I don't know this one.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 1: I remember how big the thing was, and that was a John Carpenter movie, and that was when I was a.
Speaker 3: Little little kid. It was way too scary for me to watch.
Speaker 1: But you know there's Evil Dead and the Halloween movies are on here, A Night of the Living Dead is on here, Alien you'll recognize a bunch of movies and Blair Witch made the list as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all right, let's talk about another tour announcement, because tis this season.
Speaker 4: This one's a big one.
Speaker 2: Bullet for my Valentine and Trivium have announced their co headlining Poison Ascendency Tour for next year in celebration of the twentieth anniversary of Bullets, the Poison album and Ascendency from Trivium. So it's a twenty six city tour. Is there a stop in Houston? Of course there is by You Music Center. April seventeenth. The show announced and believe yesterday at nine am. So if you want more information or you want to win some tickets, just keep listening to the buzz and go check out the music blog page.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 1: Deftones announced yesterday, the one you just mentioned. Bullets announced a well announced on Monday. Huge concert announcement tomorrow. Yeah, who's that big concert announcement tomorrow? It's gonna be fun and I think we did it in the morning. Okay, what you got over them?
Speaker 6: Astros got by the Padres and extra innings last night four to three. Jose Al two Bay was ejected from the game after taking off his cleat and socked and proved that the umpires are bad at their job. He fouled a ball off of his foot which should have been a foul ball off of his foot, It bounced to the third basement and then threw it to the first basement. He was called out. He should not have been out because it should have been a foul ball. He was trying to prove that to the empires, like, look, this is where it hit me in the foot. The umpire got mad and didn't want admit that he was wrong, so he ejected him. You can see all this on the sports blog page today. Astros are gonna play the Padres again tonight. Framber Val does have be in the mount for the Stros going up against San Diego's Dylan Ceese.
Speaker 7: First pitches at five.
Speaker 6: Forty and you could listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety eight.
Speaker 1: Git a second, Yes, I got a call here real quick, hey, Chili Chili's on.
Speaker 3: He called my phone.
Speaker 1: Okay, Chili, Okay, No, you're not on the air, but you're on my You're in my phone. You okay, little fellow. Uh oh they saw him, they saw you. Oh have people been tailing Chili? So he said they were tailing him on the way to the secret location. All right, well listen, the rest of the world's gonna find out at seven o five. All right, Chilly, I'll call you right back.
Speaker 3: He's like, he's like, dude, what what do I do? They're they're following me here.
Speaker 7: You got to lose them.
Speaker 1: Thought. I told him.
Speaker 3: I told them.
Speaker 1: I told him. I said, don't let him take the bus van right, Well, we'll take the R Heart one. Yeah, that's smart.
Speaker 2: Really, nobody knows where I Heart Geniuses.
Speaker 6: Is gonna be back in acting tonight. They're gonna host the Vancouver White Cat shlly Er you see him. Kick off is at seven thirty. You can watch it on Apple TV. That what's going on in sports?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm going to the Dynamo game tonight because Lauren Kelly's gonna be the in game arena host.
Speaker 4: I'm very excited.
Speaker 1: All Right, we're gonna find out where Chili's at in five minutes and uh apparently a few people found him already the rod Ryan Morning Show, the bus before five, the Buzz Lincoln part were crawling Loick at Park. Was on Jimmy Fallon last night they performed. I have not seen the performance yet. I saw a little bit of Mike Shinoda obviously being asked about Chester and the direction of the band and how they came to this point Fallon. I like Jimmy Fallon.
Speaker 3: I think he does a good job.
Speaker 1: He did seem a little uncomfortable asking about Chester in the clip that I saw, But I look forward to seeing that. I'm sure it's everywhere online right now, but I want to see the live performance.
Speaker 3: And how that went down yesterday.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, welcome aboard to wild Card Wednesday. Welcome to the seven o'clock hour. It's seven oh six. We better figure out quickly what we're doing here. Where did it go?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 1: Jillie is out of the studio, and we said that he was going to be out again with another fifty pair of.
Speaker 3: Tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twenty ten aniversary party.
Speaker 1: He called me on the phone when you guys were doing He called me on the phone when you guys were doing the skiddy or the headlines.
Speaker 3: And sports, right, juy, what's up?
Speaker 1: Brother Rod? What happened?
Speaker 9: Dude?
Speaker 1: People they did they make you before you got to the location?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 17: We were in the parking lot, just you know, killing time. And then I started seeing cars just kind of following us around.
Speaker 1: And I told up Marvin.
Speaker 17: I was like, hey, pull up, drive up a little bit, drive around a little bit.
Speaker 18: You would have been The cars kept following us.
Speaker 1: Bro, Now you're not you Oh you're not even in the ninety four five the buzz vehicle.
Speaker 15: But no.
Speaker 1: People here thought it would be super secretive if we took the iHeart vehicle and nobody would notice. Right, well, I could get around, yeah, nobody will tell everybody where you are. Do you okay? First of all, you still have tickets remaining?
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, man, we've only had like three people that actually four people that showed up.
Speaker 1: That's okay.
Speaker 3: Wait I thought you're getting modeled over there.
Speaker 17: No, but you know, I was like as soon as I saw him, I was like, okay, you can't kill nobody where we act, no posting, nothing.
Speaker 2: Or the hell's you're disqualified?
Speaker 18: And they're like, oh, never.
Speaker 3: Mind, tell everybody your location, bro.
Speaker 18: All right, man, So we're right now off of fifty nine and West Airport at the Walmart location right there.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 18: So if you're going into town on fifty nine uh inbound and West Airport, that's where we ad at that.
Speaker 11: Walmart parking lot.
Speaker 6: You can't miss this.
Speaker 1: We got fifty pair.
Speaker 18: Well, now we got what one, two, three, four less? So we got forty six doing that Tessa math right now?
Speaker 6: Forty six pairs?
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 3: You know what's funny.
Speaker 1: As Chili's talking on the air, I'm watching him on Facebook Live and I.
Speaker 2: Say it same. I'm watching him.
Speaker 3: I get to see him. There's a couple of people there that are already.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you're coming in from Sugar Lamb and you're heading in the Stafford and you're heading into town inbound on the Southwest Freeway, you get off at the West Airport Boulevard, there is a Walmart there.
Speaker 3: And you are when you enter Chili.
Speaker 1: When you enter into that Walmart, you enter in off of West Airport Boulevard.
Speaker 3: Is that are you buy that entrance?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 18: Yeah, that's correct.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 18: We're at like you said, we're right at the Walmart parking lot right in between that waffle house and.
Speaker 1: The Jack in a Box. This guy always positions himself right by some awesome restaurants.
Speaker 17: Yeah, Hey, at least I don't know where to go hang out.
Speaker 3: Well, I know you know where to go if you need to bring us some treats on the way back.
Speaker 18: You know the way my bank account set up right now?
Speaker 2: All right, kind of funny.
Speaker 1: All right, Chili, go give away the tickets. You know where he's at now. If you're coming in on the Southwest Freeway into town, you get off at the West Airport Boulevard that's right there, close right by Stafford, and there's a Walmart right there. He is in the parking lot. When you get off at West Airport, turn into West Airport Boulevard and right immediately into the walmart right there.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: He started with fifty pair of tickets. And now I can see the people rolling up now because I'm watching. I'm on Facebook live. He started with fifty. Does he make it through the break? We'll find out we are going to break, and we'll check in with Chili afterwards and see how many tickets he has remaining.
Speaker 3: Fifty pair up for grabs.
Speaker 1: So the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party, Houston's Rock, Houston's.
Speaker 11: Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Bus ninety four five The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan Show. On this wild Card Wednesday, We'll check in with Chile in just a moment. He is out off the Southwest Freeway coming into downtown from maybe Sugarland. He's on the West Airport Boulevard exit the walmart right there, he's in the parking lot. I see he's got a big crowd of people out there. I'm watching him on Facebook Live. We'll check it in with him in about sixty seconds.
Speaker 3: First, let's find out what's trending.
Speaker 2: Okay, two attack of Byloa has been put on Injured reserve the IR list. That means he'll miss at least four games in Miami's quarterback suffered a concussion in his latest game and a lot of people are calling for this dude to retire because it's not the first time, but Miami gonna place him on I are on the injured reserve list. Also convicted felon Anna what is her name? Anna Delavey. They did a Netflix special on her, but the real Anna Delavey is on dancing with the Stars, and she performed a routine and people couldn't help but notice that her ankle monitor, which she got special approval from the court to be dancing with the stars, is but dazzled.
Speaker 3: What was a crime she like?
Speaker 2: I think fraud. I think she was lying to a bunch of people. She's borrowing money from people and just telling him she was some heiress and that they would pay her back. She duped a lot of people. She was this really interesting character from what I saw from the Netflix show.
Speaker 3: Did she come from a reality TV show?
Speaker 9: And she no?
Speaker 2: She was like a socialite in the New York like in the New York scene.
Speaker 3: Gotcha? Okay?
Speaker 2: So that and then the fact that Chile is out amongst the people giving away twentieth anniversary party passes.
Speaker 4: I think that's the biggest trend of the day.
Speaker 2: On ninety four or five bus is he.
Speaker 3: Still giving away pastes?
Speaker 6: Chili?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 9: Brother?
Speaker 8: Ron?
Speaker 9: There?
Speaker 1: He is Chili. You have a huge crowd of people out there. I've told everybody, well, okay, do you have any tickets left? Man?
Speaker 18: We got eighteen tickets, eighteen tickets left.
Speaker 1: Do you have eighteen people in line though? Or you still have eighteen after you take care of everybody.
Speaker 3: That's out there.
Speaker 9: What hold on?
Speaker 18: I came here, you brow, what's up?
Speaker 3: I'm asking? You just told me you had eighteen pair of tickets left?
Speaker 1: Is that correct?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 17: I got eighteen eighteen tickets left.
Speaker 1: That's after you take care of all the people that are in line right now.
Speaker 18: No, oh, yeah, we got like we do have them, you do, yeah, we do have the.
Speaker 3: Ugh, Okay, you have eighteen pair of tickets left.
Speaker 17: Hey, I think this guy's gonna be the last one right here.
Speaker 4: What's your name?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 18: Rank, the last one?
Speaker 1: Does that mean you're out?
Speaker 2: What does it mean? What does it mean?
Speaker 1: Chili?
Speaker 3: Can you hear me?
Speaker 18: I can't hear you, brot you know what the bones man? So I can't hear you.
Speaker 17: But I mean we got eighteen tickets.
Speaker 3: Lay, Okay, he's got tickets left?
Speaker 1: Very good? All right?
Speaker 3: Where is Chili? Southwest Freeway on fifty.
Speaker 1: Nine, the walmart right there off of fifty nine and West Airport Boulevard. If you are close, you heard the man eighteen pair of tickets. Will check in back with We'll check back with him in three minutes.
Speaker 10: The Rod Ryan Show on ninety five the bus, four.
Speaker 1: Or five of the bus. That's lift in my own worst and of me Rod Ryan show on this wild Card Wednesday, and it is an absolute wild scene out there at the Walmart on the fifty nine Southwest free Way and a West Airport Boulevard. And I can hear Chili saying sorry to people. I think he's I think he's out. Let's see you can hear me.
Speaker 11: Shut up?
Speaker 9: What's that?
Speaker 8: Brother? Ron?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 19: He is?
Speaker 1: Hey, dude, I hear you saying sorry, we're out of tickets to quite a few people on Facebook right now.
Speaker 19: Yeah, mate, you know what I think.
Speaker 1: I hear you on Facebook, and that's what's interfering with the with a call because I can't even fe my filings.
Speaker 3: Are you out of tickets?
Speaker 13: Yeah, so we officially ran out of tickets.
Speaker 18: Yeah, we don't have any more tickets.
Speaker 1: So I'm just over here breaking people's heart.
Speaker 7: Okay, Actually, do know it's over. The tickets are gone. That's it.
Speaker 3: We are out of tickets officially.
Speaker 4: How long did that take?
Speaker 2: Like two minutes?
Speaker 4: I mean it's where it was very fast. He had people tailing him from the beginning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so people made meaning they saw him. I sent him out there. I wanted him to go in an unmarked vehicle. I think they said they went out in the iHeartRadio van. I wasn't joking yesterday when I said we're gonna need to like drop him in off of a chopper. Yeah, you know, we're gonna need to literally drop him at his next location if he's gonna be out doing this again.
Speaker 2: Which I'm sure he wants to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he is out of tickets, but I am not. I have a pair of tickets for you right now.
Speaker 1: If you would like a pair of tickets to the rod Ryan Show twenty Anniversary Party October twelfth at the Carbock Brewery, I'll take caller number ten right now. Seven one three two one two five nine four five Take a Chili.
Speaker 11: The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four.
Speaker 1: Five, The Buzz Okay ninety four Fun Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show Wild Card Wednesday. Sorry kids, thanks for playing. The Chile is out of tickets. We sent him out again with another fifty pair of tickets to the rod Ryan Shows twentieth Anniversary Party October twelfth, Carbonk Brewery and Chili was talking to everybody on Facebook Live. I heard him because I was watching in between in songs and breaks, and he was asking people, you know who you most excited to see? And it's just one after another after another after another. Excited to see shine Down, Sublime, Blew October Theory of a Dead Man in the xe's I heard an xc's in there too. There is no way to buy tickets to this show. You have to win your way in now.
Speaker 3: So Chili is out.
Speaker 1: Another fifty pair blown out. I got a couple of other updates that I wanted to talk about with the twentieth a Diniversary party, but let's give away a pair by calling in. So this covers everybody that's complaining that we didn't go to your neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Trucker Rays like.
Speaker 15: Rod, WTF, I'm in Willis, Okay, I'm in Willis.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 2: That's a predicament.
Speaker 11: Ain't it.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you announcing where you are. We weren't there, that's crazy. But if you have a phone, you could call me for tickets right now. Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Who's on the phone, Oh boy, oh, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 19: Time.
Speaker 1: Don't leave to talk, don't leave me hang it.
Speaker 3: What's your name?
Speaker 2: Money, Leilee?
Speaker 3: Are you calling me or am I interrupting your morning?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm bothering you. You have made my morning your color ten.
Speaker 1: Thank you man, Thank you.
Speaker 9: Lee.
Speaker 3: Where are you from?
Speaker 1: I'm so I guess you just couldn't get over to where Chili was out there in U in the Sugarland area.
Speaker 3: Huh, he was a little far for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a little too far. It's a little too far. That's right. Well, Lee, listen, you're gonna hook you up. I have a pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary tardy for you. Who are gonna bring.
Speaker 2: My best friend Ashley?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: You and Ashley?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you girls strap yourselves in for an amazing it's it's say, I say, an amazing night.
Speaker 3: The doors open at three o'clock to this thing.
Speaker 1: Better so an amazing day evening. It's going to be one hell of a party.
Speaker 9: League.
Speaker 3: You're in it, all right, you and your friend Ashley?
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Excited She is.
Speaker 3: Gonna be excited.
Speaker 1: I haven't call her right now. We'll make sure we get your information. Bobby Jokes will get that information from you. I know Chili's listening right now. He's been out. This is the third time he's been out. He hasn't returned with any treats. He's out there, there's he even said there were restaurants near him. He has not brought us any treats at all.
Speaker 6: He also wants to get back because he's so focused on his job, and I'm sure he wants to get back to the station.
Speaker 1: Listen, twin brother, nobody needs to hear from you right now. Okay, nobody needs to hear from you, Adrian. You know it is nice to hear from somebody. And if you got a picture with Chile, send it to me. I know everybody was taking selfies in one of the one of those chili hugs, Adrian said, Brother Rod, I met up with the chill I got my twentieth anniversary party tickets. I cannot wait to party with you guys, Adrian. I'm so happy. That makes me happy, It really really does. You went out there, you'd put in the time. You went out there, and you saw the chili, and you got your tickets. Now, something happened. I think it was yesterday on the air. I had heard that she was going to do this. Teresa was running contest. Did you guys see this.
Speaker 2: Okay, you told me about it, and then it popped up on my feed because our phones are.
Speaker 4: Listening to us.
Speaker 1: So Teresa was doing a contest. I believe yesterday, it might have been the day before, or she did it two days in a row. Now she does this thing with a talkback karaoke and I guess people call in and sing on her show. There's that feature. There's a little microphone when you go to our app and you can leave us a message. It's basically like that's our voicemail, the talkback button and you can call and you can talk back and leave a message. So she was asking people instead of singing a song, she was asking people to call in and leave an impression of me.
Speaker 2: So that, as you know, I've even asked.
Speaker 1: Craig Gass even said, he goes, Rod, you do have a different.
Speaker 3: Kind of voice.
Speaker 1: He goes, I can't quite nail it with what you're doing, but your cadence, he goes, I can get down and he's kind of like off air. He's done a little version of an attempt at it, and it's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: But I just don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't know because you're not hearing you the way everyone is hearing you. Please tell me about your hands on some of these recordings.
Speaker 1: I got my hands on. I guess the guy that won tickets. Yeah, so apparently this was the best one on Teresa's show.
Speaker 2: So I love a good impression.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I mean, I hope this word.
Speaker 2: I don't know to your best, your best.
Speaker 7: You're gonna like this.
Speaker 2: I'm Teresa.
Speaker 16: We are ninety four or five the buzz those of you that obviously listen to Rod in the morning, that's the way it should be.
Speaker 2: Dad brings you to school, Mom brings you. That's why you're here with me.
Speaker 16: So Rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 2: You cannot buy these tickets. You can only wean your weight in.
Speaker 16: So I thought it'd be funny today to do some top about karaoke.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan edition.
Speaker 16: Like if I were gonna impersonate Rod it would be like SUPs up.
Speaker 2: Sup sub sup sup sup sup up up soft.
Speaker 3: There was a time when I.
Speaker 16: Was on that show he supped. He supped for like forty eight seconds plus, and I was like, what, let's go anyway, h Kyle, I've picked you at random.
Speaker 1: Let's see what you got, wakey, wakey, hands off, snaky hand cup cake. Halfway through the shot.
Speaker 7: That was good, smashing pompcast.
Speaker 10: Kyle.
Speaker 2: Now you've got all the riders. I'm sitting there.
Speaker 16: Congratulations, my friend, you and a friend are off to the party at October.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna text you right now to get you hooked up.
Speaker 1: Well done. Everyone.
Speaker 11: That was delicious, not bad.
Speaker 7: That's pretty good.
Speaker 11: Not bad.
Speaker 4: I mean he hit all of the corner shows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sounded like men. I thought she was being quite generous giving that guys some tickets.
Speaker 2: She actually had a pretty good impression of you.
Speaker 3: Not bad, not bad, All right, very funny, very funny stuff.
Speaker 1: Thank you to Teresa. And everyone's kind of getting on board. You know, Jeremy's got that whole pick your tickets. There's a bunch of tickets you can pick from, he said. Everyone's taking Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party tickets.
Speaker 2: That's what everybody wants, kid tickets to fight for your death punch. And they're like, you know what, get me into the party because you can, if worst comes to worst, you could buy the tickets to five for your dead hunt.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Right, every ticket we give away. Everyone's trying to shuck and jive and do some sort of a deal off air with Chili, like, hey, anyway I can trade these in No.
Speaker 10: No, now.
Speaker 1: The only the other thing that I wanted to add, because you know that we're at the Carbock Brewery, so we're doing some fun things with carboch coming up, and I'm just saying that there is going to be kind of a fun announcement with Carbock.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to tell you about that.
Speaker 1: And I can tell you that we have two parties next week that I think they're both locked in. I think we're going to be out on when I can't say where yet. We're going to be out on Wednesday. And this is not like Chili in the morning. This is me coming out, bringing tickets out to a bar, drinking some car box with you guys, and blowing out tickets out somewhere nice. So I think we're just about ninety nine point nine done with a deal for Wednesday night, I'm going to be out and Saturday, I think I'm going to be out and I'll have an opportunity for you guys to win tickets. You're just going to have to come to me though, when I announced the bar that I'm going to be at, you will know in way in advance. This isn't going to be like a thing that I'm going to sneak up on you and then just announce it Saturday afternoon where I'm going to be. I will tell you, guys in advance, where the party is going to be and how many tickets I'm going to have to give away at those locations, so it's not a surprise attack like I'm gonna let Chilli be the ninja. There'll be the ticket ninja the way that he does his I will give you, guys, plenty of advanced notice. As soon as I can tell you the locations, the where, the when, the how and all of.
Speaker 3: That, I will get that to you.
Speaker 1: I hope to have both of those locked in today so that I can even put them up on socials and everything, and you guys can make plans to come out and party with me next week, which I've been trying to put these parties together forever.
Speaker 3: It looks like it's gonna happen next week.
Speaker 10: Houston's Rocking Alternatives The Rod Ryant Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five the buzz. That's Green Day rod Ryan's show on this wild card Wednesday. What are we going to do next hour? Well, nothing but great stuff all week. We we've really, I mean we've been living large around here. We've got twenty days celebrating twenty years with Academy Sports and Outdoors. They've given us. They've given us two hundred dollars gift cards to give away every day for twenty days. So we'll have that coming up for you at eight twenty and then we'll get you in the pits in the nine o'clock hour, five finger death punch, nine ten pit passes to glass Animals on No the show. Don't forget man that that five finger death punch Marylyn Manson concert that we're giving away pit tickets too.
Speaker 3: I mean that's a great ticket. You also will be one of.
Speaker 1: Four people qualified for an autographed guitar this week.
Speaker 3: Huge Week, Man, Big Week.
Speaker 1: Starting to see some of the pictures trickle in now, Brother Rod. I missed the tickets probably by about one minute, but I gotta killer picture with the chili. It's from Manny.
Speaker 2: Then it was worth.
Speaker 1: Adrian made it in there. He got a picture with the chili. People are sending me the stuff. Now I'm getting a lot of people saying, oh, I was one light away. Damn when you announced. Patricia was across the street and she was listening to chili.
Speaker 3: Say he was out of tickets. She took a picture of the van from across the street.
Speaker 2: Now it was like I was on my way, She said, so close yet so far?
Speaker 1: Funny.
Speaker 3: All right, Well I got wait more tickets, more tickets.
Speaker 1: To give away to the twenty anniversary party all throughout the day. Man listen to the post station all day. Tessa right now has Houston's headlines. I sure do.
Speaker 4: We'll start with some national stuff.
Speaker 2: Federal authorities are investigating after mail containing white powder was sent to a state election office. State election offices across the US reports that some of the offices were evacuated, but none of the mail turned out to be hazardous. The powder was sent to election offices in seventeen states.
Speaker 4: Why am I talking about that? Because it is an election year.
Speaker 2: Both presidential candidates are out on the campaign trail this week and that's going to be continuing on through November.
Speaker 11: Right, But the.
Speaker 2: Investigation into Sunday's alleged attempted assassination of former President Trump is what seems to still be dominating the headlines. You had an Attorney General saying the entire Justice Department is investigating this incident at Trump's golf course, which happened on Sunday. The suspect is behind bars and that investigation is ongoing. Republican senators say the former president should get the same level of protection as President Biden and Vice President Harris. The pressure is reportedly decreasing in the burning pipeline in Deer Park, but we are entering the third day of this fire being burning. Energy Transfer is the owner of the pipeline. They say they are planning to clamp the pipeline north and south of the burn. They say monitoring shows no impact to air quality in the area and no word yet as to whether the driver survived or who he was. I'm talking about the driver of the suv that crashed through a chain link fence and hit that above ground valve. Spencer Highway is still closed between Luela and Canada Road for repair and just to really we're urging local citizens to avoid that area.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Tupperware is one of America's most iconic brands. It's going bankrupt after seventy eight years. So this is a line of food storage containers that was launched in nineteen forty six by a guy.
Speaker 7: Named Earl Tupper.
Speaker 4: That's why it's called Tupperware.
Speaker 2: They've been struggling for years thanks to falling demand and then more competition from off rands sold on sites like Amazon. I know you can buy sets on TikTok, you can buy them in Costco. They're, you know, Tupperware competitors are kind of everywhere, and they've been struggling for years.
Speaker 4: So back when they were the only game in town, women through Tupperware parties and sold sets to their friends. I remember my grandma hosting Tupperware parties.
Speaker 1: You can go to your friend's house and you could see the exact same tupperware at all the homes. Everybody had the exact same stuff. Everyone had that same picture. If you made like if you were a kool Aid family, you had that same picture that had that little button on top. Yeah, so everyone had that. We had like this kind of oblong yellow one, yeah, and you could hold it.
Speaker 3: That's what we made our kool aid in.
Speaker 1: But as far as like storing food, everybody, my grandma, all our relatives, our cousins, everybody had the same set of tupperware.
Speaker 2: I can picture it now. It's like green colors, yellow, pinks, all different colors. I remember my grandma got me a little Tupperware tea set. I've really enjoyed that.
Speaker 1: From spaghetti sauce.
Speaker 2: So the good news is it's a debt restructuring, So Tupperware isn't going away completely. They're just doing it to deal with more than seven hundred million dollars worth of debt they have racked up. You know, microplastics is a pretty big conversation too.
Speaker 4: I wonder if that affects any of it.
Speaker 2: I know, my tupperware set quote unquote is now glassware. So I don't I think you're the same. I don't think you're dealing with a lot of that plastic stuff that was popular back in the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I haven't fully made the switchover, but yeah, most of my stuff I try to put in glass now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it still feels like the end of an era because the temperware won't be American made at all. Soon they're going to be closing their last US factory and laying off one hundred and forty eight workers a factory in Mexico is taking over production next year.
Speaker 1: Alex I like this jazz underneath the Tupperware story nice very much like Yeah, we did some jazzy underneath Tupperware.
Speaker 2: Sean Diddy Combs is being denied bail and will remain detained in connection with his federal criminal case. He is being held without bail on three charges racketeering, conspiracy, sex trafficking by force, fraud or coerhersion, and transportation to engage in prostitution. So this judge over the resigning over the case wasn't swayed by Diddy's offer to pay fifty million dollars bond. He offered to wear an ankle monitor and limit his travel to South Florida and New York City. The indictment also accuses did Hey of forced labor and narcotics offense, kidnapping, arson, bribery, and obstruction of justice. Did He allegedly lured women with the promise of a romantic relationship, then force them to engage in sex acts with male sex workers at parties called freak offs. Did he would pleasure himself while watching these parties supposedly went on for days after the parties. A woman would often be so exhausted they would need IVS to recover. The case gets more serious, and that's just what they're telling us. Now, that's the first, the first piece of information we know, and it is pretty heinous. So we'll be monitoring this. This is a huge story. For the first time in two years, the Deaf Tones are hitting venues for a headline tour. Those venues are big too. The untitled tour with marswall Ton, Fleshwater and Support kicks off in Portland February twenty fifth.
Speaker 4: Are the Deaf Tones coming to Houston.
Speaker 2: Of course they are. They'll be at Toyota Center Sunday, March sixteenth. The general public ticket announcement, I mean the general public will be able to purchase tickets Friday ten am local time. We have the full list of dates and venues on the music blog page. Those are Houston's headlines, all.
Speaker 7: Right, what you got?
Speaker 6: The Astros got by the padres and extra innings Last night four to three, Jose al Tuoba was ejected from the game after taking off his cleat and socked to prove at point he had fouled a ball off his foot, but the umpires didn't see it, ruled it as a ground out, and he wanted to show them this is where the ball hit my foot. You obviously are blind. They ejected him for that. Astros are going to play the Padres again tonight. Framber Valdez is going to be the man for the Stros. He'll be going up against San Diego's dal and cease first pitches at five forty. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven, and you can see the whole al twove in so on the sports blog page today if you'd like.
Speaker 1: Is it an instant ejection because he took off his equipment.
Speaker 6: Or argued with the ump and the okay, they're just cocky and the second you want to tell them they're wrong, even if they are wrong, they will eject you instead of admitting.
Speaker 1: Wrong, excessive arguing. It wasn't the fact that.
Speaker 3: He took off his shoe.
Speaker 7: I mean that played, that was part of it.
Speaker 6: It's like when you start kicking dirt on top of the home plate. I think lou Panello would do that all the time, and it's like, yeah, you're you're you're being a.
Speaker 7: Performative arguer at this point.
Speaker 6: That's what he got rejected for in soccer using that webc is gonna be back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Vancouver white Caps at Shell Energy Stadium. Kickoff for that's at seven thirty and you can watch it on Apple TV. That is it's going on in sports.
Speaker 11: Easton's rocking Alternatives.
Speaker 7: The Rod Ross The.
Speaker 10: Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five, Buzzy.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, offspring half White.
Speaker 3: Part of the show, Pay Up what he Got eight.
Speaker 1: O five eight O five another two hundred dollars Academy Sport an outdoors gift card coming your way celebrating twenty days, celebrating twenty years of The Rod Ryan Show. Here on ninety four or five the Buzz, I appreciate Academy for being a great sponsor. The five Finger Death Punch tickets I mentioned those was going to be early in the nine. Those are tickets in the pit, plus you get qualified for the guitar. So about an hour from now we'll start, like you know, teetering on having you call in for that and then pit tickets to Glass animals. That's Saturday night. We got tickets all week for that. We'll give you those on Know the show. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain party. Claude Hig's up around ninety four. I just web numbers. As a matter of fact, I'm looking at the the analytics, you know the back door here. We have ten percent less traffic on the rod Ryan Show page. At the buzz dot com, we have ten percent less tffic. Let's see people are looking at wild Cart Wednesday is the number one link today.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think her name's Tessa. Well, her name is Teresa. I think she goes by Tessa though on the ig.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's number one. Looking at girls from yesterday, the Shakira cat, Von d Miley Cardi b link. Oh is Elvira's birthday yesterday. Somebody told me to get Elvira's book. I ordered it on Amazon immediately. They said, ron, I saw you put something for Elvira up. It was her birthday. Have you ever read her book? She said, I highly recommend it. I said, you know what, cause I just read a bunch of dumb rock books. I bet you her book is good because you know what I know about her Tom Jones, Tom Jones, you don't like something you know about her?
Speaker 3: You know the Tom Jones story.
Speaker 4: I don't think I want to know it.
Speaker 1: If it is whoa whoa whoa lad talking about the lad, I think Tom Jones may have piped that again and Tom Jones nobody asked huge pipe. So I ordered the book yesterday.
Speaker 2: I'm very happy for you.
Speaker 1: So that's the number two link today. Tat Tuesday's number three. You got all these national cheeseburger deals, that's number five. Today's Looking at Girls is the sixth most hit blog page.
Speaker 3: I'm not done.
Speaker 1: The seventh most looked at blog page today is the music page that's got the Deftones information on it. If you missed the A Wall Nation information. Blackveil brides a lot of concert information on there. What are we up to now? Link seven? Link seven today Looking at dudes?
Speaker 2: Dudes?
Speaker 3: Because Looking at Dudes blog page? Do you understand why we don't have these that often?
Speaker 2: Do I understand?
Speaker 1: Is it crystal clear?
Speaker 2: Is this a hard concept?
Speaker 1: Is it clear?
Speaker 2: I think if I use my little.
Speaker 4: Girl brain, I can understand why that dude's joke get clicked on as much?
Speaker 2: They just don't they just don't because I'm in a thirsty We're thirsty in different ways.
Speaker 1: Rather, I got some of the best dude eye candy out there today. Look at this lineup here. Charlie hunhum. My mom loves some Charlie Hundums. She watched that Sons of Anarchy. Okay, Chili would make out with Charlie Hunum too. Okay, Chili, if he swung, I think he'd swing with Charlie Huntum. He's going to be the real life serial killer Ed Gain ed guyin I don't know how to say his name. There's going to be a Netflix series kind of like they did with Dahmer. So I think they're just like making shows about like these creeps, like eight people. All right, So he's on there. Jason Momoa you had talked about. Okay, who's hot of than Jason Momoa?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: John Cena is going to star in Mattel's Matchbox movie.
Speaker 3: He got him on there.
Speaker 1: I don't know the Bachelorette winner, Devin Strader. You watch that Bachelorette, you know it.
Speaker 2: I have not been in on it this season.
Speaker 1: He got arrested. Travis Kelce looking at dudes. Patrick Schwarzenegger is having a birthday. Didn't we just mention him. He's going to.
Speaker 7: Play Tim Hernandez.
Speaker 1: He's gonna play Tim Tebow in the Aaron Hernandez thing that started yesterday. I recorded it, Yeah, started at nine too late. Yeah, I recorded it all right, Patrick, Patrick Schwarzenegger having a birthday. Jason Sideka is having a birthday today. I mean, the list goes on and on and on. Looking at dudes blog page, two people looked at it today.
Speaker 6: I think what it is is that we saw a Chili's six picks did very well the other day.
Speaker 7: We need to put Chili on looking at dudes every time. Well, it's the eyeballs.
Speaker 1: He has shoe horned himself into those pages before.
Speaker 3: Maybe he was a little too busy this morning.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it probably was. Get into it and help out those numbers.
Speaker 1: They were a little busy this morning. But yeah, So there's a look at a girl's page all the time, Rod because it gets tons of hits looking at dudes blog page. It's right there on the world famous Rod Ryan show page at the Buzz dot Com. We'll take a short break. We'll come back with another two hundred dollars. Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card Rocky.
Speaker 10: And Dolls Erenadi where he used to The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz ninety four.
Speaker 1: Or five, The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan Show eight twenty one. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today partly Claudi's guy's highs.
Speaker 3: Of around ninety four.
Speaker 1: One of those Academy Sports and Outdoors gift cards coming up for you.
Speaker 3: But first, Tessa, what's trending?
Speaker 2: Quick rip? Seventy songwriter and Bonus Eagle JD. Souther has died. Souther co wrote several big hits for the Eagles, including Best of My Love, New Kid in Town, and Heartache Tonight Thanks. He also had a solo career that included a top ten hit in seventy nine. Your Only Lonely Suppose that he passed away peacefully on Tuesday.
Speaker 4: In New Mexico in his home at age seventy eight.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know this guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Bonus Eagle they're calling him.
Speaker 2: I'll be another story that's gaining a lot of traction. We talked about coffee yesterday, but this study says a moderate amount of caffeine could help protect against certain diseases so they're saying, if you drink around three cups of coffee or tea a day, that is a sweet spot, and it's associated with a forty eight percent lower risk of type two diabetes, cornary heart disease, strokes.
Speaker 1: And more.
Speaker 2: Researchers note that if you had a ton of sugar and cream like I do, you may not get the benefits.
Speaker 4: They recommend sticking to a limit of four cups.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 1: On that note, I just saw this yesterday. I'm trying to think who the expert was. I don't know, talking to somebody that we would recognize, but he said all of those alcohol reports that we've been talking about, and it just goes for people that love wine, like, well, you know, a glass of wine a day is actually kind of good for you, he said, flat out. He goes, there is not one study that shows that alcohol has any good benefit to you your body in any form. He's like, terrible, these things that came out, like that glass of wine is good for you.
Speaker 13: It's not.
Speaker 3: Now that's one.
Speaker 1: Guy, but tomorrow some guy will say it is good for you. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just thought yesterday paid for by the wine lover, like the wine people like, hey, can you tell us what benefits.
Speaker 4: This so you can push that narrative.
Speaker 1: I do remember when Welch's grape Juice one twenty years ago, they paid for a study and the grape juice was flying off the shelves because everybody was like, Oh my god, grape juice.
Speaker 3: It's amazing for you, it's amazing for you.
Speaker 4: It has so much sugar.
Speaker 1: It's a cup of sugar.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then it's September eighteeth guys, that means the US Air Force birthday is today. Let's pay some tribute to the brave men and women who have served in this wonderful branch of the military.
Speaker 3: Go Happy birthday, air Force.
Speaker 1: Let it go. Let me tell you the men and women that serve men when they hear that on the air, they get such a kick out of it. That guy, that the guy, he didn't want to be identified. He's not one of our regulars. He said, listen, I want to make sure that you guys knew.
Speaker 3: I know you do a good job.
Speaker 1: The Marine guys are always giving your heads up. But hey, it is the Air Force's birthday. You don't got to say anything about me. So I read some of his email early on the show, and we played that already once. Today he said that he was in Starbucks and he said he swore that when people had their windows.
Speaker 3: Down, he could hear people turning up the buzz during when we were.
Speaker 1: Playing that song.
Speaker 3: He's like, Rod, I heard it in other vehicles. They were turning it up, and I'm like, you know, that puts a smile on my face.
Speaker 1: All right, Happy birthday to the world's greatest air force, the US.
Speaker 10: For US.
Speaker 1: Twenty Days, celebrating twenty years of The Rod Ryan Show, Academy Sports and Outdoors has given us two hundred dollars gift cards. I'll take caller Chili's not here, always back? Oh hey Chili, Hey, Bud, Like, I don't mind doing the caller twenty to Bobby jokes, Well, okay.
Speaker 3: Well I'm just the winning caller.
Speaker 1: Did he bring treats?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 7: Now, Caller twenty, I might throw up?
Speaker 1: Why are you gonna throw up?
Speaker 3: Carsick? Carsick? Why did you stop and get yourself some food?
Speaker 18: Now?
Speaker 19: I wish I would have, But see it when I'm driving, I'm fine when I'm the passenger on the seat, not get carsick.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's not a good passenger princess.
Speaker 1: All right, well, upset stomach at all? I already said it. Call her twenty for the two hundred dollar Academy Sports and Outdoors gift cards seven one, three, five right, celebrating twenty years on the buzz, twenty years of the most.
Speaker 11: Beautiful man any of us have ever met. Yeah, come yeah, ninety four five five the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Good Morning Rod Ryan's Show. That's a brand new music from Lincoln Part with the new lead singer Emily Armstrong.
Speaker 3: I said yesterday it's for me.
Speaker 1: That's the best song on the radio right now, The Emptiness Machine several times yesterday we mentioned it that they made an appearance on the late night talk shows. So I want to talk about that coming up in a second. But I believe we have a pretty awesome prize to give away. Good Morning Rob Ryan Show. Yes this Ken Walters.
Speaker 3: Dude, Uh, you're so lucky.
Speaker 1: You are so lucky that I was looking for Color twenty because Color ten didn't win today. Color is you and you've got the two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card.
Speaker 11: That is so awesome.
Speaker 1: It is awesome, dude, pretty cool. It is awesome. Do you spend it on yourself or you got other.
Speaker 3: People in mind when you go to Academy.
Speaker 1: I do some hunting, so I'm surely I'm on the finest spot for yeah. Okay, yeah, Well the one guy that did already pick up his gift card and went, we talked about him.
Speaker 3: He went and got his binoculars. She said he's a big hunter.
Speaker 1: And that seems to be the number one answer I'm getting from people when they say what's your favorite section at Academy. More times than not, people are telling me either the the grill area or.
Speaker 3: The hunting section. So it sounds like you're heading to the hunting section.
Speaker 9: Dude.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, sir, I enjoy both of them.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: All right, bro, have a good time on that shopping spree. All right on us.
Speaker 1: Thank you al so much, thank you, thank you to Academy Sports and Outdoors.
Speaker 3: Celebrating the twenty years of the Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Here they give a two hundred dollars gift card to give away for.
Speaker 7: Twenty days in a row.
Speaker 1: All right, back to Lincoln Park for a second. They run Jimmy fallon last night. I thought it was interesting that Mike Shinoda was listed as a guest, and then the musical guest was Lincoln Park. So that told me Mike's gonna sit down at the couch. He's gonna sit down and Jimmy's gonna talk to him. You know, I think Jimmy found I'm a big fan. I like I like the way that he does it. I like the way that he kind of has that boyish thing and he still seems excited to talk to people.
Speaker 3: I like all of it. He gave the interview.
Speaker 1: He let the interview breathe for almost five minutes before he brought up Chester.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't go Chester out of the game.
Speaker 4: You really can't.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, uh, hey man, thanks for coming on the show. Your best friend died a couple years ago, and you got a new lead singer. Okay, let's get into it.
Speaker 15: No, you gotta you gotta trust, you gotta talk to him, warm them up a little bit.
Speaker 1: So five minutes in, Uh, I'm gonna play you a clip here, and Jimmy finally kind of gets into it. You can tell he's even uncomfortable getting into it. It could be nicer.
Speaker 7: They're so sweet, the sweetest.
Speaker 20: Let's talk about Lincoln Park coming back, because obviously you lost your longtime bandmate Chester Bennington in twenty seventeen, and it must have been like losing a brother.
Speaker 3: I can't even imagine. That's right, that's right.
Speaker 20: What's it like to put a band kind of back together or start something new or think about even going out or Yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Was like, well, we never said.
Speaker 21: I think the important thing for us is that we never set out to like let's bring the band back, or like let's find a singer. It was never that was never our intention or our goal. It was more like there was I remember where there was a moment where our our DJ Joe, he just like we went to breakfast and we were He was like, I think we just like hang out a little more often, like we'd like it together and just be creative. Like I don't know what that means, but you know, one thing led to another. Yeah, and it was almost like this new record like we we wrote it. We came up with the music while we were creating the new band, like we when we started the music, we didn't have a band, yeah, and it just came together while the music came together.
Speaker 1: I guess interesting, I thought I didn't see the whole thing yet, I've seen bits and pieces of it, and I thought Jimmy was good. I thought Mike Shinoda was great. He's I've interviewed him several times. He's always really really great to talk to. You want to hear what they sounded like?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 1: All right, let's I'll jump around a little bit.
Speaker 3: But here we go.
Speaker 20: Give you of their number one single, the Emptiness Machine, from their upcoming album from Zero, Give it up for Lincoln Park.
Speaker 1: We play shop with pursue. All right, well, we don't like, we don't like. Gonna sound great? Right, says a big deal though, the first time I'm on network television. Yeah, with with you know the new new drummer too. I mean, how'd you like to be the new drummer when nobody's talking about you at all?
Speaker 4: Probably loves Hey, probably loves swine under the radar.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm new, I'm new in the band. Can we talk about me a little bit?
Speaker 4: You don't have a question for me?
Speaker 1: Yeah right, sit down, drummer.
Speaker 2: To watch me play for it sounds great?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Emptiness Ship And they're kind of doing what they did. She just comes walking out.
Speaker 3: Now they kind of did what they did at the at the release party.
Speaker 12: So here she is.
Speaker 3: Good response, keep on, keep.
Speaker 1: On, come on, Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 2: She sounds great.
Speaker 4: They sound great live right now.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing this is her first network appearance as well. I don't think Dead Sarah played lately like big time network television shows. You know, she did a lot in Dead Sarah, but not stuff like you know, Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon.
Speaker 3: So she's fighting through those nerves.
Speaker 1: They sound great, they really, they sound great. All right, I'm gonna send this stuff over to Chili. You can put it up on it. Well, there's a lot of stuff on the music blog page already. I'll tweet it out. I'll tweet it out so you can watch it and tell me what you think. I know people still have like raw emotions about the whole thing, but man, I'm loving everything.
Speaker 11: They're on Ryan Show, Fun ninety four five, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: It's Nirvana. Come as you are.
Speaker 1: Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain for your wild card Wednesday. I'm hoping that one week from today I will have a location locked. Well, I'm hoping.
Speaker 3: I'd let you know beforehand.
Speaker 1: But I'm shooting to be out a week from today at a bar type location with tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentyth aniversary party. And I would love to announce that stuff tomorrow if we can put those. We got two deals that I'm working on Wednesday and possibly next next Wednesday and next Saturday, working on deals to be on location, not like during the morning show. I'm talking in the evening out partying, drinking, a couple of love streets and giving away tickets. I'm working on that. They would be awesome to give you that information. It's not gonna be a surprise hit thing. We're gonna just let you know ahead of time, all right. So that's what I'm hoping tomorrow we have that information for you on the show. But tomorrow huge concert announcement, not buzzfest. Huge concert announcement tomorrow. I don't know what.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say anything.
Speaker 1: That's it. It's just gonna be big. It's gonna be big. We're gonna be all over it to get all up in yeah with that concert announcement, all right. So that's gonna be fun, and we're gonna have to kind of clear out.
Speaker 3: I don't know how we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Give all this stuff away. We have such great tickets, we can't really not give away any of the stuff that we're given away. So it's just the winning frenzy tomorrow on winning stuff on the show. That's all you're gonna be doing is winning stuff all morning long. And it's gonna be fun. I don't know. Somehow we gotta get read my lips in there and all the other stuff that we do. But yeah, Tomorrow's gonna be a really, really really fun morning.
Speaker 11: Rock and alternative. Very used to The rod.
Speaker 10: Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz Disturbed, down with the Sickness rod Ryan Show. On this wild card Wednesday, five Finger Death Punch tickets coming up. Marilyn Manson's opening up that show. Marylyn Manson's actually the second actor is an opener that's gonna go down tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: We have tickets in the pit.
Speaker 1: Plus you will be one of four people qualified for that autographed guitar.
Speaker 10: What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're doing that at nine ten and we have to do it tomorrow because tomorrow's show day. Yeah. So this new concert that we're going to announce tomorrow. We're gonna give away some tickets to that show. We haven't even touched on deaf Tones or anything that got announced yesterday. Jeremy got to announce the deaf Tones and all that other stuff that's on the music blog page. We don't have room.
Speaker 3: We'll squeeze all that stuff in there.
Speaker 1: Don't worry.
Speaker 3: Ten percent chance to rain, partly cloudy.
Speaker 1: High of ninety four today, One final time Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Pederal authorities are investigating after mail containing and white powder was sent to state election offices around the country. Some offices had to be evacuated, but none of the mail turned out to be hazardous, and one instance the powder turned out to be flour but it was sent to election offices in seventeen states. Both presidential candidates are campaigning this week, but there are still investigations going on involving the attempted assassination of former President Trump. That's really what's dominating the headlines. Yesterday. You had Republican senators demanding more resources for the Secret Service following that second attempted assassination attempt, and then the senators they really just want the same level of protection as Biden and Vice President Harris get for former President Trump.
Speaker 4: That's what's going on there here in Houston.
Speaker 2: The company Energy Transfer says they are working to isolate the pipeline fire. They've cut off the gas supply, but we are entering the third day of this thing burning. I think we're almost at forty eight hours in totality where this thing is just burning, burning, burning. You have those road closures on Spencer Highway, and really the fire started when an suv crashed through a fence and hit the above ground valve. So we don't have a word yet as to whether the driver survived or who he was, or if they are going to really have to answer any questions about the level of security around this valve. So we know people have lost their homes, we know things were shut down, and they say the air quality hasn't been affected, but they're continuing to monitor that as well. If you have a sandwich for lunch today, come on, we love sandwiches, but it's a National cheeseburger Day, all right. A poll found eighty two percent of us just love cheeseburgers. I'm in there, you guys are in there.
Speaker 3: You get have cheese every time too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get cheese on the burger.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying no to a burger without cheese, but I'm questioning, why.
Speaker 3: Is there no cheese on this?
Speaker 2: Where is the cheese?
Speaker 3: Are you out of cheese? Did you plan a burger with no cheese?
Speaker 2: So American cheese is the top choice for our burgers, but it's it just edged out cheddar for the top spot. Cheddar is a little greasy when it when it melts you.
Speaker 1: Like on your face.
Speaker 4: I love it when it just shouts to ooze that oil.
Speaker 1: I probably go. I like the fact that cheddar is a little bit more obviously way more aggressive than American cheese.
Speaker 3: I think it complements the burger nice.
Speaker 1: Some people will say that the cheddar it's a little too aggressive and it covers it masks the taste of the burger the American cheese. I think that's why it's number one, because it's more complimentary. I I like cheddar the best as well.
Speaker 4: Even throw pepper jack on there. I don't care.
Speaker 2: Give me a little bit more bold cheese flavor. I don't mind the whole list of cheeses and see if I say no, go ahead, go to the whole list yes, munster. Of course, mozzarella is a little too mild, but of course over no cheese mozzarella, yes every time.
Speaker 4: Okay, so listen to the based.
Speaker 1: On the Grey Air.
Speaker 7: You only have the shredded cheese, and you're like, well, crap.
Speaker 2: Dude, throw some feta feta, make it a Greek cheeseburger. Who cares, you know what?
Speaker 1: On a cheeseburger. It does not have to be a sliced cheese for me, but it.
Speaker 7: Looks cooler when it is. I've had to melt cheese.
Speaker 4: Crumblesome blue cheese. Oh yeah, crumblesome feta.
Speaker 3: That's aggressive.
Speaker 1: Blue jee is aggressive and I like aggressive me too. Okay, have aggressive cheese.
Speaker 4: The big hitters have solid deals this year.
Speaker 2: If you want to go check those out on the blog page. We'll tell you what McDonald, Wndy's, Burger King, Dairy Queen, what they're all doing for National Cheeseburger Day. Had to get some pretty sweet deals. All right, Let's talk about horror movies because it's that time of year. I mean, we are creeping towards fall. It'll be falling less than a week. Any wire dot Com put together a list of the seventy five best horror movies of all time. I'll give you top five, Okay, Possession nineteen eighty one, John Carpenter's a Thing that came out in nineteen eighty two. Don't look now, that's the movie's from the seventies. Nineteen seventy three, The Cabinet of Doctor.
Speaker 4: Calgary nineteen twenty.
Speaker 2: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre came out in nineteen seventy four. That's the one I know on the top five. But there are some more recent ones they say like they made this list. It's a mix of like modern favorites and these films they say paved the way for the genre in totality.
Speaker 1: Some jerk already sent me A little brother floating outside of the window and Salem's Lots, Oh no, it comes, it rolls in around this time of year. I've told you guys, that's what ruined me as a child. O craepy, unscary movies. The brother was just floating outside the sister's window. He's just floating out there. Salem's Lot scariest thing I ever saw.
Speaker 3: I think it was made for TV. Geez, and it was scary. It ruined me forever. And then people think it's funny to send me the clip.
Speaker 2: Also, Melissa Ethridge wrote come to my window after.
Speaker 1: Saying that, Oh my god, yeah, wet my pants.
Speaker 2: It's two announcement season, so let's just keep it going. Bullet for My Valentine and Trivium have an announced their co headlining Poison Ascendency Tour. This is in celebration of the twentieth anniversary of Bullets the Poison album and Ascendency from Trivium. So they are coming to Houston. Buy you music set are April seventeenth. The show announced yesterday and again, twentieth anniversary is gonna be a big tour for them. Keep listening to the bus to win your tickets. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Oh I then a huge concert announcement tomorrow and I believe we are going to get to do that on this show.
Speaker 3: So exciting times right now.
Speaker 1: All right, So we win the game, But.
Speaker 6: The Umpires they're the real losers because they tried so hard to make sure the Ashes didn't wint noll.
Speaker 3: Two bays running around with no shoe on.
Speaker 7: Doesn't Ay need shoe?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Still good?
Speaker 7: They still get wins of that shoes.
Speaker 6: Maybe the whole team should go shoe this, okay, well do your comb Yeah. The Ashers got by the Padres and extra innings four to three, josel two. They got ejected from the game after taking off his cleat and socked to prove a point. He had fouled a ball off of his foot, but the umpires didn't see it. They ruled it as a ground out ball bounce off of his foot to the third baseman, who then threw them out at first base. It should have been considered a foul ball. They should have kept pitching to Jose. He was mad about that, just trying to point out, like, look, guys, this is where the ball hit me. I have a mark on my foot from where the ball fouled off of my foot. It didn't fall off gently. The rep the umpires got mad and just ejected him because he dared go and called him out.
Speaker 4: And you said, you can't challenge that, You can't challenge it.
Speaker 6: You should be able to challenge something like that. It's very easy to look at Asher's gonna play the Podters again tonight. Framber Valdez to be on the mount for the Straw is going up against San Diego's Dylan cees first pitches at five forty. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven nine, and you can also see all the hose Al two A highlights and video from yesterday on the sports blog page. Today in Soccer using Dinad webc is gonna be back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Vancouver white Caps at Shell Energy Stadium, kickoffs at seven thirty and you can watch it on Apple TV.
Speaker 7: That is what's going on in.
Speaker 11: Sports, rock and alternative fever.
Speaker 10: To The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Fallout Boy, Light them Up.
Speaker 7: It's nine oh six.
Speaker 1: It's our fourth and final hour together. But we've got nothing but pitch passes for you this hour. I'll get to those five finger death Punch tickets coming up for you in just a little bit. We'll leave you with glass animals, pit passes on know the show. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rainbow today and tonight partly Claude Skies highs of around ninety four. Did Chili come in here with the bag of food?
Speaker 2: Did he bring a treat?
Speaker 1: He kind of got in and got out, but he said he didn't bring us anything. Chili was out this morning if you missed it. In the seven o'clock hour, he got mobbed.
Speaker 3: He got mobbed.
Speaker 1: Chili was out with another fifty pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party tickets. He was on the Southwest Freeway out there towards Sugarland, Stafford.
Speaker 3: He was out just chilling at that Walmart over there. Hey, chill it, what's up, bro?
Speaker 1: Welcome back, dude, Thank you, thank you did your fun out there today.
Speaker 3: It sounded like you were having a good time as always.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: It was wonderful.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: You know a lot of people showed up.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you know, there was a time that we first put this together, we thought maybe fifty tickets would be too much, Like, oh, okay, he's gonna be out there, he's gonna be out there for a couple hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ten fifteen minutes, they're gone.
Speaker 19: They were gone, dude. And I felt bad for the people that showed. I was telling them I was their heartbreaker, you know. I was like, yeah, I'm sorry, we don't have any more.
Speaker 2: I no chilling.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you have fifty pair of tickets, of course there's going to be listener fifty one and then fifty two, and imagine there was probably sixty two people showing up afterwards. So yeah, yeah, I get that. It's the risk you take. I mean we we we heard from people that made it all the way to the light before you. We heard from I think it was Patricia.
Speaker 3: She was across the street exactly.
Speaker 1: She just couldn't get there, you know, she gets there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's the risk.
Speaker 1: It for the biscuit.
Speaker 3: Oh we have a game for that's that's something else.
Speaker 11: Yeah, man.
Speaker 1: But so the trees that I took that I put in the studio, what is this here, dude? Big shout out to Melissa High. You know she brought us some cookies.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, yeah, dude, Yeah, she brought cookies to the last golf turkey individually wrapped every single one.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a pro set up over there, so good last golf tournament. She sent me because she knows what the goat of cookies is. She knew that nobody else would eat them but me. Oatmeal raisin she made me there, So she brought oatmeal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then she brought up some chocolate.
Speaker 4: Chip and okay, right, you can have all the oat meal.
Speaker 3: It's breakfast. They're moist, moist.
Speaker 4: Okay, well they're yours.
Speaker 1: Those rolled oates, those oats, they're moist proteins. It's a wonderful cookie. All right, good, so the protein right there, We got treats can work out. I think we took two first phone calls today. The first guy just you know, I just wanted to say hi and good morning.
Speaker 7: And then Michael and Nikky.
Speaker 1: Okay, Nicole from Clay and Kiln. She's come out to a bunch of charity events and uh she runs a pottery class Clay and Kiln. You can go google her. She wants to put together a whole sponsorship. But she said, listen, like most artists out there that have small businesses, Rod, we don't have enough money to sponsor a hole, but maybe we can get together a bunch of artists and we can all chip in and have like an artsy FARTSI hole. Yeah, okay, I said, it's a great idea. Okay, this is how the show started this morning. She had kind of introduced the topic to me and then she wanted to call in and just make sure that it was okay.
Speaker 3: I told her already.
Speaker 1: I'm like, if you can get a couple of people together a whole sponsorship, that's where we that's straight money to the charity. That's straight money to M. D Anderson. I just got an email from Thomas and it's a great email and it reads as follows, brother Rod, if I understand correctly, it's six hundred dollars to sponsor a hole. If so, I will fund the hole for the artsy people. Should Nicky and her people get together and make that happen. Please let me know.
Speaker 3: Thomas wants to buy the hole for the artsy FARTSI people.
Speaker 1: How great is that?
Speaker 3: Unbelievable community?
Speaker 1: We have a kid. Yeah, He's like, I'll pay for that hole. I'll sponsor like they told it what they want. He just wants to put the money in there. He doesn't want the Thomas Hole. He wants the Artsy FARTSI Hole and like have all the artists come out.
Speaker 4: That is so special.
Speaker 1: He'll pay, He'll pay, He'll pay for it. That's amazing.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm gonna put you guys together.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thomas, dude.
Speaker 4: What a great that is a great community that.
Speaker 6: The art Hole presented by Thomas I feel like he should have to have some sort of recognition.
Speaker 1: Do you think he cares? He just wants to make it happen. Make a great donation. Thank you, that's so unbelievable. Great sponsors already Admiral Transfer and Rigging our title sponsored. Duke and Seec came on first car back. The official beer liquid Death is our official water. So we're sold out, but we still need opportunities like this.
Speaker 2: I feel like Thomas, I feel like it's good. Well what obviously clearly, but when you put out stuff like that, we always say it comes back to you.
Speaker 4: It just comes back to you.
Speaker 2: Good things happen to good people all the time on this show. Well it's true. I guarantee you you put his name in like a rapple, you get that stuff. Fact, the universe will wink at you back because they know you're you're doing something without the expectation of anything, just to be cool and good. That's so awesome.
Speaker 1: I agree. Like he's gonna be driving today, He's just gonna like hit every green light. Yes, you know, do you ever have one of those moments you were just like, oh my god, that might be five in a row. Now if you're going down Wesheimer.
Speaker 3: Holy cos that's six in a row.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 7: I had that on the way to work the other day. It was Monday.
Speaker 3: The best feelings in the world.
Speaker 11: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: You know it's it's like finding twenty dollars floating around in the dryer if you start hitting, if you hit four greens in a row and it's timed out, you feel like we talked about this yesterday. Highly favored, highly favored. Yes, all right, let's let's give something away here.
Speaker 3: Okay, I eat my cookie.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm a parent.
Speaker 4: Pit tickets to see five finger Death Punch special guests. Really excuse me, Sorry, I'm sweaky, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Is that loud?
Speaker 2: Also, if you win the pit tickets, you're going to qualify for the grand prize of a signed five figure Death Punch guitar.
Speaker 3: You know this reminds me of.
Speaker 2: Rod Dry.
Speaker 3: Stay out of those cookies.
Speaker 1: What mom, I'm not doing anything.
Speaker 7: Get to wait for those gross con cookies.
Speaker 1: Lot, it's rapping ever, who's cookies.
Speaker 7: Collared?
Speaker 1: Ten in the pit qualified for the guitar seven one, three, two, Rocky.
Speaker 11: And all tearing very soon The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 10: I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five in the buzz.
Speaker 1: Welcome back rod Ryan Show. Thank you guys for hanging out with us this morning. I really really, I mean it's appreciate it every single morning. I hope I tell you every morning how much I appreciate you guys chilling with us.
Speaker 3: What a great ticket. There's rewards for listening.
Speaker 1: This is a big one man tomorrow night. Good Oh my god. Oh it's one of the best cover songs ever, My Finger Dead Punch. They're cover of Bad Company, hands down, one of the greatest covers ever.
Speaker 3: I can't Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Well Hello, who's this Patrick?
Speaker 1: I'm just talking about how much i love Five Finger Death Punch and I've never.
Speaker 3: Seen them live before.
Speaker 1: How is that possible? You haven't seen them live either?
Speaker 8: Never?
Speaker 1: Do you want to go see him live tomorrow? Yes, I'm gonna go see him. That's gonna be my first time. I'm super excited. I hope you're excited. You're in the pit, bro, no way, dude, Marilyn Manson and Five Finger Death Punch.
Speaker 3: You're in the pit. And then we have a guitar to giveaway that's autographed by the band.
Speaker 1: I think five Finger, and there's only four giveaways this week, so you have a one in four chance of winning that autograph guitar right now. Dude, I gotta take lessons. Oh my god. All I gotta do is put a nail on the wall and hang it up and look at it. That's it.
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 1: You know you don't want to scratch off those signatures. That's gonna be awesome. Yeah, dude, congratulations. I'm gonna see him too. I'm excited. Oh my god, that's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 3: All right, Patrick, where are you from?
Speaker 18: Clearly?
Speaker 3: Okay, see you at the show tomorrow.
Speaker 19: See you there.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Ron, thank you, Thank you Patrick. Jillie, big stretch, big stretch, big stretch, Jilly, go talk to take of a question for you. Stretch it out there, he is, Hey, what are you doing tomorrow with the last pair of five Finger Death Punch tickets? Not sure yet?
Speaker 3: Do you you have anything in mind? Well, I know how you like to do things. I know your body.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems like something that you would put on, know the show.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow, which actually that's where he's going.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know his body so well, yeah, almost as well as you You know so you complete me. The last thing we do tomorrow on the show is we give away the last pair of tickets in the pit for five finger Death Punch, and then we have the four winners of the week and then we draw for the guitar.
Speaker 3: That's all at the end of the show tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna be exhausted tomorrow with this other concert announcement. It's tomorrow's tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We're working.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, everybody get to bed early tonight because we're working tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Okay, not going to but I will be here and I will be working.
Speaker 11: It is going to be a.
Speaker 1: Insanely busy show, all right. So people can plan on that.
Speaker 11: Chile, they can plan on that.
Speaker 3: Know the show, take it to the bank.
Speaker 1: Nine fifty, you know, nine eight.
Speaker 3: So when we usually ask the question, I know the show. Oh my god, I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Tomline. It's Alix online, the muzzy what you got over there.
Speaker 7: I've used this all in the past.
Speaker 6: It's been a while, and I actually used this website last night, so I'm bringing it back.
Speaker 7: But this is called just the recipe, and.
Speaker 6: It pretty much instead of having to look like I've made an Italian beef sandwich because I wanted to do what the bear does.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you're sharing with us because you told us, because you know how much we love the bear there. Chicago is known for this Chicago beef, Italian beef, the Italian beef sandwich out now.
Speaker 6: I was trying to do this last night for my wife and I and I like reading through all the recipes. Everybody wants to tell you the entire history of the Italian beef sitis.
Speaker 7: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I do not want to know.
Speaker 7: I just want to make the sandwich from the show that I watch.
Speaker 6: And so you copy paste, You go to the website that you found that you have the recipe on, you copy the address from that, you paste it into this website, and then it just spits out, these are the ingredients you need. This is how much of it Step one, step two, step three, six, four, step five. I don't need to learn any history about it.
Speaker 7: I don't even know why your Grandpapy taught you had to make cookies. I need to know any of this. This is what I need to do.
Speaker 1: I live in the space that you're talking about, Okay. I get a lot of recipes off of online off a website. There is so much BS involved. I so appreciate some of them say go right to the ingredients.
Speaker 3: You can click on it. Sometimes you can go right to it.
Speaker 1: But you're right.
Speaker 3: They want you to stay on that page. They must be getting paid for, Like how long you stay on that page?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's gotta be like time spent on the site.
Speaker 1: Maybe rolling scrolling scrollings, Like where the hell is the actual recipe?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I found that. I found this again yesterday when I was doing this. It gave me the simple steps. The only thing is it does want you to pay for premium. If you want to print it out, you can just screenshot it from your phone though, And so there you go.
Speaker 7: There's a little life hack for you right there.
Speaker 6: But just the recipe. Go check it out, make your recipes easier. At the welcome is, ride by and show a page the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: The actual recipe might be on page five or six, and it could be just some simple cinnamon swirls something or other.
Speaker 9: It's like just what.
Speaker 1: Who cares? All Right, that's a great one. Here's highly Suspect ninety four to five The buzz Hey ninety four to five The buzz highly suspect and my name is human. Rob Ryan's show on this wild Card Wednesday, number one link today Looking at Girls blog page doing very very well. The Looking at Girls blog page from yesterday is still somebody must have picked that up out there, and I saw that had a ton of hits yesterday and today there is a Looking at Dude's blog page today.
Speaker 3: Okay, doesn't happen a lot.
Speaker 1: For a reason.
Speaker 3: But there was a lot of stuff all coming in all at once. I'm like, okay, it's time. It's time for something.
Speaker 1: So you got to look in at Dude's blog page today. And jeez, before I get out of here, I do want to talk about three things you must see. It's a great story of this young kid grew his hair out. I don't want to spoil the story. It's a great story. Oh it's such a great story. It's so great.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna talk about it before we go. Before we go, I'm gonna talk about it.
Speaker 1: But I'm worried about you guys telling you all to calm down. My dad, she's my dad. I used to really stress the l calm down. I'm like, dude, easy on the l. Because when you get told to calm down. You're already bought beyond being calm. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: My dad was big on the call.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, calm down. I'm like, dude, nobody gets into the L like you. Okay, nobody's getting after that L like you. But I'm telling you, guys, calm down. People say that we're at peak stress right now two and five Americans. All right, peak stress right now at this point in the year. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Well, man, well, there's that.
Speaker 1: But I think it's not that it's not important, because it is. But I think a lot of people freak out about this election.
Speaker 3: Coming up, and I think that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, did you not know there's an election? You know what I mean, I'll say what it is. For me, there's always do it. I can't turn on the TV with somebody running for it. Seems like NonStop, there's elections all the time. Now I don't think it used to be like that. There's just NonStop.
Speaker 3: Elections going on.
Speaker 1: But the presidential election is obviously huge. I don't know if that's it. As a matter of fact, it's not the first, second, third, or fourth thing that people are claiming that's stressing. Amount What is going on. Forty one percent of people say they are more stressed out now than any other point in twenty twenty four. The average person is feeling overwhelmed about one hundred and fifty six times a year. That's once every two and a half days or something. I get there too, I do, I get there too. Money is the number one thing the economy is number two, which is money. I think physical health if you're dealing with some stuff, Okay. That's why I love to hear those stories of people that are conquering cancer and things like that. They always come in this time of year because what we're doing in the store and talking about m d Anderson money at number one the economy. Physical health for is family mental health. The election isn't at six. Okay.
Speaker 3: I thought the election would be a little higher.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 1: The only thing I have to leave you with because I can tell you to calm them down, and I don't think it's going to work. The good news is some strategies for dealing with all of this stress. The number one thing people do to deal with it is maybe something that I can help you out with. The top remedy when people were feeling stressed out.
Speaker 3: Music, of course, music course.
Speaker 1: I think you guys have heard by now it's twenty years that I've been on the buzz. Yes, Okay. What happens to morning show hosts is they start thinking that everything that comes out of their mouth is super important, and they want more and more time to pontificate, and they want to talk more and more. So these shows that used to have music on them just becomes a guy in the morning or a girl in the morning just sitting around talking the whole time.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have always felt that I have I don't have that My stuff that I say is not that great, So I never wanted to get rid of the music on this show. But almost all hosts, I mean, it really is like, hey man, I only play one song an hour because you know, the stuff that I say is so great.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't really need the music anymore.
Speaker 7: I need the music.
Speaker 1: I need the music I do personally, I do. I need it in the morning, and I think you guys do too. That was the number one thing that people said that they deal with stress is music.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: It's never going to go away on this show.
Speaker 2: I think we're a little bit of to be a part of it because you know said there's a lot of podcast listeners.
Speaker 4: I think that's a.
Speaker 2: Great way to unwind as well.
Speaker 7: So you kind of get a.
Speaker 1: Little notice that get people more wound up.
Speaker 7: They don't have the music, so maybe you know, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I feel like I feel like a lot of these podcasts, it's like, wait a minute, that's getting me more freaked out.
Speaker 4: Listen to the wrong ones.
Speaker 1: I'm not listening to any To be honest with you, I'm not listening.
Speaker 3: I'm not listening to any of them. You stressed me out here.
Speaker 1: I can't even imagine podcast on the podcast even worse.
Speaker 3: No, it's.
Speaker 1: It's contained top remedy when feeling stressed out, turn on some music. Kids, Thank you for being a part of the show for twenty years. Guys, right Ryan Show celebrating twenty years ninety four or five of Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. I don't have much time, but I told you I really wanted to mention this kid. He's headlining three things you Must See Today. Not never ever been our number one blog page, but man, sometimes there's some really really good stuff on there, and sometimes I feel like it's just stuff to make your day too. It's kids in ninth grade. He's in Rhode Island and his name's Emilio Emelio Santana. And when he was he's he's a champion wrestler. Okay, this kid has the most beautiful head of hair I've ever seen in my life. Okay, this boy has the prettiest hair I have ever seen on a kid in my entire life. In third grade, he saw a girl at the beach. She took off her cap and the hair went with the cap. She didn't have any hair. He's like, what's going on with her? Chemo patient? He didn't know what it was. He had no idea what it was. He said, I never saw that, he said, I asked about it. I thought, right then and there, I want to do something. Kid thought about that at third grade. Ninth grade. He hasn't cut his hair since he's got two feet of hair.
Speaker 2: And I mean he's got all the hair luxurious.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm so jealous. I'm so jealous. You have more hair than you. Okay, and it's just longer. You have a massive head of hair.
Speaker 1: You have thick hair. This guy has way more than that. Cut off two feet of hair and donated it. And now he's working because you can donate the hair. I've done this before. I didn't hear of this organization. I think mine went to Locks of Love.
Speaker 3: Haha. Yeah I had hair once.
Speaker 1: Yeah it Yeah, it makes you feel good, guys, it makes you feel when she was younger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes you feel really really good. But this kid cuts off two feet of hair.
Speaker 1: He's got two handfuls of.
Speaker 2: The stuff his bundles, we call those bundles.
Speaker 1: And he's working on getting the he wants because the hair is one thing. It could cost nine hundred up to fifteen hundred dollars to make that week now. So he's got something going on where he's raising some money for that, but not cutting his hair for six years. Oh, Hair we Share. They make wigs for sick kids at no charge. There we go, Hair we Share. I never heard of that one, most of them. Most times I see these stories, I see Locks of Love. But it was just it's an awesome story. This kid's headlining three things you must see today. Man, Go take a look at it. Go take a look at it. Gonna make you feel good if you're stressed out, let's talk about what you're giving away.
Speaker 3: On know the show?
Speaker 2: So I have left a pair of pit tickets to see Glass Animals. They're playing Woodlands Pavilion this Saturday. It's their tour reverse show until now at takamaster dot com. But if you know the show, you'll get to be in the pit.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, A questions coming up on the flip of this break.
Speaker 11: Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The Rock This Morning Show.
Speaker 10: Six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four five the Bus.
Speaker 3: Nine fifty one.
Speaker 1: How did that happen? I said it was gonna be all pit tickets in the nine o'clock hour, and it's been all pit tickets in the nine o'clock hour. Glass Animals, their Tour of Earth show is on Saturday at the Woodlands Pavilion, LA, and we got tickets in the.
Speaker 9: Pit for you.
Speaker 3: What's your question?
Speaker 4: Whose birthday is it?
Speaker 2: Today? We celebrated with a song I believe twice and I wouldn't mind hearing it the third time.
Speaker 1: Okay. The one that we celebrated with song, I understand that seven to one to three because we didn't play anything for Arnold Schwarzenegger's son today.
Speaker 3: He said it was his birthday.
Speaker 1: Okay, seven one, three, two two five, nine four five.
Speaker 5: If you know the show, Hey, Alexa play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety.
Speaker 1: Four point five the bus Station from iHeartRadio, The Rod Ryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four five, The Busy four five, The Buzz rad Ryan Show, wrapping up the wild Card Wednesday.
Speaker 12: Edition.
Speaker 1: Ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy skies hive around ninety four.
Speaker 3: It's ninet fifty six.
Speaker 1: We gotta go. He's now time for know this show on ninety four five.
Speaker 14: The Buzz La La la la, la, la, la la la.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 9: Who is this?
Speaker 1: This is juliams Hi Julian. Welcome to know the Show. Tessa, Julian, Julian, Tessa, Hey.
Speaker 2: Julian, can you tell me whose birthday is today?
Speaker 18: I'm living there for Bucker.
Speaker 1: You are correct, dude. Congratulations Air Force cuff three spins today, Julian, You're the winner. What are you giving them?
Speaker 7: Dude?
Speaker 2: I'm going to give you a pair of pit tickets to see Glass Animals this Saturday, Woodlands Pavilion congratulations.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Thank you guys, man, thank you for being a part of the show. Julian having awesome Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, having birthday to.
Speaker 3: The Air Force today, the greatest air force in the world.
Speaker 7: Air have the cool song of all of them. I don't know the hauls them on to zoom o speak.
Speaker 1: That's the Marines. I don't know. Anchors away.
Speaker 7: Oh damn, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 7: Well, okay, they're all equally as cool.
Speaker 1: I can tell you when you serve in that branch and you hear that song, it brings up feelings. I'm bad, sometimes good, sometimes maybe not so good. But a lot of Air Force guys were checking in today.
Speaker 3: No Air Force Gales checked in, but I know there's a lot of them as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we gotta go, man, fresh out of bed, head to head double O seven.
Speaker 2: Okay, I could have read it, Sean. Okay, so Sean Sean Connery. He avoided the one pump trump.
Speaker 3: Yep, he's going for one number two.
Speaker 1: So he got on the he got back on the game yesterday, beat a two time Hall of Famer, he beat a three time Hall of Famer, in Tim this morning. That's right, the one they called Tim wild Card was the number one link today. The number twenty seven link today was the Looking at Dudes blog page. No, it was number six, the sixth most popular blog page today, Looking at the Dudes Now.
Speaker 3: Chili was out with fifty pair of tickets. Chili was on the streets.
Speaker 1: He's a freaking the sheets and the streets. Okay, he's that rare, he's that rare double threat that he is freakish on both levels in streets and sheets.
Speaker 3: Okay, So in the streets he was killing it today.
Speaker 1: We want to thank our friends over at Academy Sports and Outdoors for another one of those two hundred dollars gift cards. Guys, twenty days of this, okay, I mean we're at the halfway point of giving away these cars. Man, We have a ton more. Man, got a couple more weeks of these giveaways. Tomorrow is a huge day for us. Okay, Well, let me just talk about Jeremy. He's got the NonStop noon or coming up.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm hmm.
Speaker 1: Read my lips is tomorrow On this show, Alex takes on Chili Fix to Graham Thursday Throwback Thursday but.
Speaker 3: Get this.
Speaker 1: Concert announcement. If everything goes as planned, and as soon as I open up my big fat mouth, nothing will go as planned. But this is what I was told, and I even double checked. I said, is everything on board to do what we're doing tomorrow? I was told, yes, I believe the concert will announce right when we come in at six o'clock in the morning. We have a massive concert announcement and we are going to be all over that announcement, meaning we're going to give away more than one pair of tickets I would like to give away, and my request is to give away a pair of tickets every hour. That's how big I think this show is. I think it's a big, big deal. We still want to get to the other things because we have to give away five finger Death Punch tickets tomorrow, Win the Pit because we got one more person qualified for that guitar, so Chilly already said he's going to put that on. Know the show, we'll give away anniversary tickets and all the other stuff. And we haven't even gotten to Deftnes tickets yet. But I mean, think about the great shows that we're already announced this week. We don't have room, but we have to make rooms, but we have a huge one tomorrow. Tomorrow's gonna be really, really fun. So I hope you join this show tomorrow morning. I hope you keep it locked here all day because everybody on the rest of the station is giving away tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentyth aniversary party. If you did get your tickets, man, congratulations. If you made the trip out there and didn't quite get there in time, I do, I feel terrible about it. I really appreciate you guys mobilizing to get these tickets. It's a huge deal for us.
Speaker 3: So that's it. Man, We're on a twenty hour break.
Speaker 1: You incapable hands with Jeremy. Have an awesome Wednesday, everybody, AMF.
Speaker 3: Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 1: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 13: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.