Speaker 1: Texan is Michael Garfier Michael Garfield.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield's joining.
Speaker 1: Us in the high Tech Texan.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texan items to make life easier, some.
Speaker 1: Of new technology.
Speaker 2: So Michael Garfield has something you might want.
Speaker 1: Texans. Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texan. Three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. Heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio Act. Now your high Tech Texan. Michael Garfield.
Speaker 2: Cheerio, Hip Pip, and welcome to the final show of September twenty twenty four. As we do this plausibly live one Saturdays, as we have done for two decadeses called the high Tech Texan Show. But oh my, so much more to talk about sumer products and lifestyle. My job is to test things out, drive vehicle, play with computers, TVs, phones, try some bourbon fashion restaurants, and I'm gonna give you some advice. I'm just after two plus decades. It's I mean, it's an honor to build up a brand where I work with companies where they send me some stuff to play with so you don't have to just running and buy it. You can call That's right, it's it's a it's a radio show. We can do this is seven one three two one two five nine five. Oh. For those of you who don't know what a radio show is, it's kind of like a podcast, but it's broadcast all over a city or a region and then simulcast. Uh. In this particular case that I our radio just download the app. So that's the difference than a podcast versus a radio show. This is this is Big Boy Territory People seven one thirty two one two five nine. I have ocallum it did. It's good to see. It's been a while. I did some traveling, as you know. A few weeks ago I was in Berlin and then all of a sudden, I said, you know what, I got a life to live. Let's go play in putts around, Let's go to London. So I spent four and a half five days in London this about a week past week or so. It did was it was fun. And I'm telling you right now, and I'll sprinkle this throughout the show because I'm the high traveling Texan. London easily in my top three cities in the world. And you know, I'm a California guy. You know, I'm so okay guy. Internationally, it could be my favorite this It was my fourth time, but I just really got to spend some time walking the city, taking the tube, the trains, exploring new parts that I haven't seen before. I stayed on the East side of London and just some food. It was blast I mean weather, forget about it. What am I doing in Houston? What are we doing in Newston? Oh? Yeah? The cost of living is I guess relative relatively, okay, sixty five seventy degrees during the day in London at this time of year. Night got down to about fifty five on the people are just those people like to drink Callum, I yeah, I know you're a drinker. Caltum over here. He's pushing the buttons, running the show. You need if you need to visit London, my man, because they have pubs more frequently than we have Starbucks in this country or seven elevens or I mean, it is unbelievable, and they love drinking, and they're so friendly, and they're it's a different culture. They're much more forward. I mean, females will come up and start talking to you at a bar. That's the way I liked it. Uh uh ah, huh than than just it's four o'clock. I don't care if it's Monday Tuesday, if it's about four four thirty in the afternoon. Every single pub I walk past, and I walk past a lot of pubs, it was packed people. You know, maybe you know some of them were they got off of works, like you know, they were tressed up and then their khakis and somebody even had suit codes on and they're just sitting there holding up pint and they're just quiffitted down. I need to get James Simpson, our beer guy on this show, Dave to talk about some of the beer that I tasted over there. But anyway, it was fun and London was great, and throughout this episode we'll sprinkle it in. I will give you one of the reasons why I was over there. I'll talk about it in the next segment. It does have to do with laptops and technology. Other news coming up. If you're does anybody still use X or tweet? I don't use. It's probably of these social media platforms that I use, and I guess I use three or four. I don't use all of them. I use X formally Twitter the least and I I mean I may not even use it. I mean Elon Musk continues just to really to jack up what is going on at X. He pulled another one, and I'll tell you what that is about. If you block people from seeing your post on X, well kiss that goodbye. Because Elon said, screw it, We're gonna make sure that everybody seize your post. So he's removing the unblocking. We will talk about that of why actually it kind of is making difference and why more and more people, I think, in my opinion, are going to start pulling away and getting and stop using that X. By the way, if you do use Instagram and Facebook and you're not blocked, because you can still block people on those. I am at a high tech Texan on most of them HI g h T E C h T E X A N. And you could see some of the travels and shoveils of my trip, some of the fun things that I ate, some of the technology that I was playing with. You could see that in other international news. Also with vehicles, because I do talk a lot about cars and trucks I get to test drive in for fifteen years, I drive it. The US has made a move the Biden administration has made a move that I actually really I don't agree with really because I think the US is really lying of one of the reasons that they do that they are banning in about a year or two the importing of Chinese vehicles, Chinese evs and just Chinese vehicles, and they gave one reason, but I don't think it's really the reason that they want it. I think the US is doing its best to promote and protect Detroit, the automakers here, which I can respect. But when it comes to the consumers itself and the escalating prices of the vehicles that we are buying here in the US versus how inexpensive the Chinese vehicles are priced and would be priced if they came to the US, I think they're protecting the Detroit and I think that's what they're hiding. So look at me, look at Garth going all conspiracy. Got some gift cards to give away from Cabo Bobs if you're hungry. I love Cabo Bob's out of Austin. There's sport locations here if you're interested some technology, Total wireless. They're a partner here of ours, the Victor owned. There is about fifteen stores. Here, I have a giveaway, another gift card I'll give away today. So this is we just have some fun. And I know it's college football season. So keep one ear right here for the next hour and forty five minutes. Keep one eye on the television, even though the Longhorns don't kick off till three point fifteen this Saturday in the afternoon Central time, so you don't have to. It's not going to eat into your Longhorn. The number one country, the number one team in that country right now. I'm very pumped up about that. But I will take your calls if you are really in the holiday gift spirit mode, give it about it of a month and I will really start listing a ton of things for the holiday, holiday gift giving, the Black Friday shopping and everything as we move into the season like we always do. Michael high tech Textan dot com for the emails. If you're shy, you can try me on X before I get off with their Twitter. High Tech Textan send me something, send me some comments, or we'll do it the low school, old fashioned way. You can call Callum. He just may answer your phone and we'll put you on the air. Seven one three two one two five nine five. Oh, when we come back a little bit more. Why I was in London specifically about a new designs for laptop computers. I think you're going to hear this, it's interesting. Seven two one two five nine five Oh. I just got back and down a lot of jet lag. I was in London and I got back just yesterday Friday. This is after almost a back to back to Berlin. And it's funny. I travel quite a bit across the United States. I'm not a big international guy, but it would have reigns it pours correct. So I go to Berlin for the IFA Technology Conference a few weeks ago, come back home, and then I hop over to London. Specifically I went for the UH There was the London Design Festival. It's an annual event twenty two years running that showcases artists and in so many ways that design factors into our everyday lives and ice in I got to thank the folks at asus A SU's computers. And you know, if you've listened to my radio show, you watch me on TV, you watch my social media. Yeah, obviously I talk a lot about laptops and technology, and I've really been spotlighting some products and some laptops from Asus as US as of late, one of the world's leading computer laptop companies, and they held a specific event a design a showcase during London Design Festival, and it was really interesting because you don't think much about the design of laptops now, you know. They just came out with the zen Book, and I've tested some of their zen Books and I'm a big fan of z in books. They are light, they are super fast, that great software you know, AI and everything. But they came up with that with a trademarked new material on the outside of their laptops to make them look really cool, sustainable, innovative. It's called Sarah Aluminum. Love the name. It's like ceramic and aluminum together, Sarah Aluminum. So they took over this design studio and it was open to the public during London Design Festival, but I had the sneak preview about day before it opened with some media from around the world, and I really got to tour and talked to some of the marketers of how and how the research and design went to create Sarah Luminium, and why they created Sarah Luminium and where they got the inspiration but the exit the exhibition was really interesting. They had a number of specially commissioned pieces and some artists there that you could walk around and you could talk to some of these artists of how they look at obviously the world differently that'd be a furniture lighting installation, and it was. It was really interesting to walk through it and to listen to these artists about the aesthetics of the world around us, but also the new technologies and then how it culminates with with with what ACES has done and there's z in Books series two to create this proprietary so Sarah lumin Material, Now, Sarah Lumina, let me describe it again because I've talked about this before. It's kind of a high tech material that the aerospace industry, luxury watch industry is utilized and and it's it's an innovation a SU as they've invested several years into really fine tuning the process and for the texture, the hardness and the colors. There's no pigment from what I understand, that's added throughout the entire process. There's the colors, uh, and they're precisely controlled by electric current and voltage and mineral formula and if you look at it the final product as a result, it's it's scratch resistant. Uh, it's there's longvity in it, and it really it's a unique look. It's not just a solid silver. You know, we're used to seeing laptops that are silver or black or gray. This is kind of design that's built in over here, which which is neat. And I did showcase this on one of my KJOEU Channel eleven. Great they used in segments that was about a month ago, a month and a half ago, along with one I'm producing here. I just finished editing. But it's a sustainable material and London is really big on sustainable materials. It's you know, I'll continue to talk about my travels, but sustainability is something very key that we need in our on Earth right now. It's less hazardous to the environment. It substitutes the acids that are i guess traditionally employed for aluminum anionization for a new higher voltage method which which uses water, pure water, and the process which they go by it it eliminates the organic compounds and the heavy metals from the wastewater and it results in one hundred percent recyclable material. I really did a good job. So if you're if you're really green or earth based in things, but obviously you want technology and you're afraid that gosh, I don't want to buy another piece of metal that's just going to be trashed. Really, look what a SEUs has done as us.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I know, I was in Berlin and I talked about it again a few weeks ago. With what they have done. They got together with Inteled with some of their chips, but it was a really really interesting learning process for me of of you know the design factor. You know, listen, I'd like to think up a fashionabook guy. I really look at design when it comes to fashions, certainly men's fashions of what I've wear, the buildings, the homes that we live and work in, but it's everything that we touch and feel. And a SEUs has done a really, really nice job. So I do want to thank them for helping me get over to London, showing me around and understanding a little bit more. If anybody does have some questions for me seven one three, two, one two five nine five Oh, obviously we're past the point of back to school technology help, but if you needed I am here for you. We've got the holiday shopping season. I'll be doing some of my gift guides coming up, probably start that what mid to late October. So I am here for you to talk about football, travel, computers, a sus whatever you need, high tech text. It is the nickname all across the world on iHeart Radio. As we continue the show, Oh, I got one for you here, callum. You ever uh you ever been to London by the ways, you really needed to go. I went to a play, No, no, no, no, I wanted to play was a musical? Sorry about that. I went to a musical. I went to Phantom of the Opera. And the funny thing is, I thought I knew I was going, and I went with a few people. I had tickets, and I thought, I've seen Phantom of the Opera. Yeah, I don't let me help you out. I don't see a lot of musicals, all right, I just did listen. If it doesn't have commercials and referees and umps and whistles, I really don't watch it or pay attention. So I'm thinking, okay, well I've seen Phantom of the Opera. I'll go just for the sake of it, to go to the West End, in London, and you know Broadway type of stuff. So why beautiful old I mean just majestic theater. It used to be called Her Majesty's Theater. Now it's His Majesty's Theater obviously since Prince Charles, King Charles rules everything. So lights go down and I'm like right in the center, like a kind of the upper level, and it starts and I'm looking in. About five minutes in, I'm thinking, I don't recognize that. I don't remember these characters. And then there's this big chandelier and I'm not spoiling anything, don't worry people. This is chandelier that kind of moves and it goes up to the top of the over the audience and things, and I'm thinking, I don't remember this, what's going on? And all of a sudden you hit me. Now ten minutes into the play. Oh man, I've never seen Phantom. I've seen Le Miserrob like three times. And that's why I wasn't so excited, because I think leme Meserrob is all in French maybe and it's about crosson or what. There's this police sit out meg and I'm like, what am I doing? But the Phantom of the opera was good. It was the I was able to follow along. I did have to pop an extra eighty h D pill before I went in, so I'm throwing my hip out there, but that's that. But it was it was really nice. So anybody ever have the chance to go see Phantom? Is Phantom still playing in New York on Broadway? I don't know. I for Cats has stopped. I don't know. I don't really don't care. I can count the number of musicals I've seen in my life probably on one hand. Now these I don't know one and a half hands. But it was good, and uh, it's it's what a fun area, what a fun area of London, the West End or Covid Garden. It was. It was great. So there's, you know a little bit more of my travels with Garth if you needed uh seven one three two one two five nine five O. We're gonna take a break. I see if the questions coming on an email. This is called the high Deck decks and show this portion of our little program here, long running program here on KPRC ninety. We were brought to you by Campbell's Compounding Pharmacy. You're not familiar with the compounding pharmacy, you probably should look into it is in the long run, it could actually save you a lot of money. They can do things. They can make medications in drugs that sometimes cost a ton of money, everything from those weight loss drugs. They can make flavors of different type of things. I remember when I was a kid, Campbell's compounding pharmacy two locations. The kids were trying to take some mediciner medication and they just didn't like the flavor. I went to Campbell's Compounding Pharmacy. Of course I know Lance Campbell who owns it for so many years, and they made bubblegum flavor so they could do things like that. Check them out online. It is Campbell c A MPB LLL Campbell'scompounding dot com. There is one commutely located in Sugarland on the southwest side of Houston and also not too far from the Bedcentter inside the Loop as we call it. There you go, especially you know flu shots and people are getting sick nowadays. Oh I didn't flu shot. I was I mean, I wasn't connived into it, but I really was guilted into it because if you know, my parents and I talk about my parents and so many people my my listeners. You know, they've met my parents over the two decades I've been doing this. They'll come down from Dallas and you know, they give me the jit. They give me the guilt. Actually, it's that time of year, by the way, almost happy New Year. Let's I'll not tell about they give me the guilt. Hey, did you get your flu shot? No? I don't think Michael, you you need your flu shot? And you know so I got a flu shot. It was just hope. I don't get the flu phone number if you want to say I seven one three two one two five nine five, Oh, you could try. You can go ahead and send me something on X, which is Twitter for lack of a better term. Elon Musk owned thing that he continues to really tick people off. He pulled another one. He pulled an another one, uh with with on X and I'm telling you people, it was people aren't happy? People are people are really not happy with mister Elon Musk over here and I and I'll tell you are you do you guys still use of all the social medias? Do you guys still use uh X or Twitter as much as as anything else because at some point we've all encountered someone who just doesn't get boundaries. You know, they get too deep into our personal space, oblivious or maybe maybe too aware of our discomfort, and the problems magnified online because there's instant access to someone's digital footprint and that could be that could lead to abuse, you know. So why most platforms have some sort of blocking feature that enables people to limit some users access to their lives. I keeed you not. Over the years, I've blocked people. I've blocked listeners to dad who have been rude, mean, use language that I didn't want on my pages. Maybe people that are not my life anymore that I just not that I'm hiding anything because there's really nothing to hide in my open book of a life. It's just they don't I don't want them seeing what's going on. Well, mister Elon Musk, Texas resident by the way, he announced to change this week to excess policies to enable users that you've blocked to see your post. Now, they're not going to be able to interact with you, but they're going to see what you're posting to the platform. And the funny thing is Elon has waned against the blocking feature before saying users could already get around this by switching to a non blocked account, which which is true. Listen the reasons this is a terrible, no good and really bad idea. They're too long. I'd be here much longer than an hour and a half of this radio show that I have left today to do it. But it's a reminder that X is a place that thinks trust safety are just not good and and and I don't agree with that. If you don't want people harassing you, you know, for parents out there listening, it's like there's online harassment that that that your kids may have been bullied, right. It happens more than you think. I I anecdotally hear stories several times a year like, oh my kid was harassed, and I'm thinking it's tough for me to fathom. Yes, I mean I was. I wasn't harassed by kids at school. I was, you know, jostled, made fun of, and you know obviously, which is why I'm a little bit more sensitive than other people out there. But but online, man, you can hide behind online. So there should be something that allows you to block heat poll or other pages. Facebook does it Instagram ologe you to do it a lot of things, but no, they they said, uh, we're gonna block blocking good idea or not seven one, three, nine five. I personally don't think it is. I absolutely don't like it, and I'm not I'm listen, I'm not anti Elon. I'm really not. I mean, he's doing a lot. We appreciate all those taxes in what he's doing for the state of Texas. I think almost every single one of Elon's companies, and he's got a lot, they're based in our great state. I mean, he's got at least he's got a house somewhere in and around Austin. That Tesla headquarters are just outside of Austin. Bas Drop, which is just on Highway seventy one. As we're driving from Houston to Austin, there is I mean, you can't see it. It's kind off Highway seventy one. Bass Drop is kind of like the Bastion Man, where you know, a lot of Blan's companies are based. He shoots off of SpaceX rockets down to the coast in South Texas. So now, hey man, we appreciate putting not putting Texas in the map, but keeping Texas relevant and you know in the news. But in this one, I'm gonna I'm gonna go counter I'm gonna go counter run on a run of counter trade play of what the biggie is doing on on this one. Anybody with me or not? I know, Well, jeez, well, if you don't want, you want to just get off totally of the social platform, you post things, and people post things because they want all their friends and all their followers and I just mape it the world to see. Yeah, but I'll tell you this because there's privacy and this is something that we as a as a human species and we as a generation now and it's it's probably it's it's the first, almost the second generation that we've been around with social media. I know, I didn't have to grow up with social media as a kid in the late seventies and the early eighties or anything, and that was less pressure. Nowadays there is pressure because I'm gonna tell you it's scary. When I got into the media business twenty plus years ago, and I've been on the radio and I do a ton of TV, so people they it's funny business. People recognize my voice. I mean, I'll go to Chick fil A. I'll go to Cobbo Bob's, I'll order something and someone's behind me's going, are you Michael Garfield? And I'm like, yeah, oh, I recognize your voice, which I think is odd and funny but cool. But people I happen to also do a lot of things where people know my face, what I look like. I'm on Great Day Houston, and I've been on TV. I started on Channel two. I do commercials. That's what I do. That's what I chose, you know what. Don't think I'm blowing sunshine up, you know what, because let me help you out. All my glorwiers and doctor friends who actually are smarter than me, they're all retired right now. I'm gonna be working Saturdays for the rest of my life. But getting back to the point, I do a lot of events. I MC events, we do live broadcast. Very rarely do I go on my social media and tell people where I am. Listen to that verb. I do not tell people where I am at that given moment, but I will post where I was once I'm done. And that's for safety reasons. And we have been told from HR from the radio and the TV stations just bet you got to keep your head on a s whiffle. And it's not just the typical media people right now, it's it's there are so many famous people who are online who you follow on TikTok and you recognize right now, I mean my youngest son right now. It's in some of the most the proudest moments of my life is when I'm walking around with my son. He's twenty four, who has an incredible, big following, an influencer, does a ton of sports, and didn't win whatever. He is read recognized. He is recognized so much more than I've been recognized in twenty years. And it's just I'm proud Papa sticking out there, and I tell him, you need to be careful because people follow you. They think they know you, but they don't. I think I know Tom Cruise, I know Lester a Hold because I watch NBC News. I know everybody on ESPN. I don't I know a ton of stuff about them and what they like, what they don't like, just because I've listened to him, I've watched him for years and years. Just like so many of these folks, you know exactly so many things about me, but I don't need like it has happened before where people are posting, re emailing Hey man, I know you're gonna be MCing this thing, and so can I come up and get a picture or I want to introduce you to somebody. It's it's you need to have that wall for lack of a better term, going back, as we end this segment over here, Elon and X there, tear down that wall, mister Gorbachev. They're they're tearing down by not letting you block people to see what you post. And that's where I'm really adamantly against it. Thoughts on that this is what it's here for. Let me hear from you. You can call, but you don't know. I'm broadcasting from see what I did there? Seven one three two one two five nine by Michael Garbill Bhideck Dexon Just like that big boy said. It is Michael. You can call me GARB G A r F. If we're tight. If we're tight, you can give us a call over here. Callum, Calum, Are you still away? Calum's on the other side of the glass. He's pushing buttons. Are we still in the air? Hello? Is this thing on? It's a radio show vert is not a podcast. It will be podcasted. Callum, you do a great job. He kind of zips things up and he will once I finish this program at one pm Central Time on this Saturday, he will put it on the iHeartRadio app or the website iHeartRadio dot com. And then you can go to a kp RC you can look from Michael Garfield and you can hear all two hours again to your heart's content, because I know so many people do that. Right, Oh my goodness. A big shout out to my guys over at US Coins and Jewelry. Hello to the Duncan boys, Kenny and Matthew Duncan. They're on Katie free A right at VASS not too far outside of Loop six ten. I just they just texted, like, say, Kenny just texted me listen to you, Garf. Thank you for the post from London. That was hilarious. Tell all your listeners to come by. We'll take care of them before the holiday rush when it comes to gold selling and buying and also a jewelry. You got it, buddies, you got it. So fulling up. I was in London for this past week and I'm walking around the city and I go to Big Ben and I've been here before. It is like my fourth time to London, but it wasn't any rush. And now I was just strolling along twenty twenty two thousand steps a day according to my watch, and I'm standing in front of Big Bin, which is very famous. Would would would would anyone argue name a more famous time piece in the world. Maybe the clock and back the Future, Marty, But the Big Bin's it's it's it's pretty solid, even though it's actually I have a problem because it's it's not correct with the time because it's six hours ahead of Central time zone. See what I did there. So I'm standing in front of Big Bin, and because of the US coins and jewelry, I'm a partner with these guys. I love them and I always hold up because I I have fun a rolex for them, even though I did not take the rolex of the trip. And I always do my Instagram videos and maybe some commercials, and I hold up my watch from there and I get, you know, my tagline is I look into the camera and ice Green Boyds. And so I did something specifically for us goings and enjoy where I'm standing in front of big Ben, and I hold up my wrist and I'm like, what, big man, you got it wrong. You're six hours ahead, so do The point is US coins and Jewelry dot Com. You don't even need to be in used and to utilize them. They are one of the country's leaders, if not leading, organization that actually buys your coins. That'll sell you your coins if you're a coin collector. Stay it's really Christmas. Also, they have a lot of great jewelry too, and sports paraphernalia also right here on itin just south of near Boss Boss Rogo. Check that out. We continued the Garb Show. One thing they don't sell. I'm gonna talk about cars now. Because I am a member of the Texas Auto Writers Association TAWA, on the board for fifteen plus years, I have and I get to drive test, drive cars, in trucks, in vehicles, and not from a dealership. This is what I'm about to say that none of this is a commercial because I do not represent or speak for a dealership. I do not. I work directly with the manufacturers, and the manufacturers don't sponsor this either. I get a vehicle once a week from random manufacturers. Chevy, BMW Mercedes Key. It goes on and on and on. Doesn't matter. I don't even choose. A company just comes up and drives it, gives it to me, gives me the keys and lets me drive it for a week, and I give you my honest thoughts. But I do understand the car industry and the Biden administration did something. They did something or that they passed a bill or a law that is effectively going to block the import of Chinese electric vehicles. No, listen, I'm not getting into the evs. You know my thoughts on evs. Okay, it's not that I don't like evs. I just don't like charging evs. I just don't have the patience for that. I think EV's they're fast, they're some of them are sexy, They're cool to look at and very futuristic. I just don't have the time or the patients to discharge you. Now that being said, I understand the worldwide I guess marketplace for automobiles. I love and I stand by every US manufacturer, everyone from GM from everything that Stilantas owns, which is Dodge g ram Ford. I like that company too, bing go at number one, buy American. Do you hear what I said before I continue this, buy American. The Biden administration wants you to buy American, and they're trying to protect the Detroit automakers. But they just passed something. But they didn't give us the correct excuse. They didn't give us the true reason. Because the Biden administration just announced a comprehensive plan to ban Chinese software and some hardware from Internet connected cars in the United States. Now it's being framed as a national security measure because the admission the admin is stating that the software poses quote new threats to our national security voting through our supply chains unquote. Okay, this is the same reasoning behind a ban not long ago, of telecommunications equipment from Chinese companies like Huawei and Zte. You know that case those claims they were there was in truth behind it, because documents reportedly showed that Huawei was involved in the country's surveillance efforts. But the announcement goes on to say that China could use critical technologies from connected vehicles within our supply chains for surveillance and sabotage to undermine US national security. Now, this ruling could cover any piece of hardware that connects it vehicle to the outside world, and that includes Bluetooth, sell Wi Fi, satellite components, camera centers onboard computers. Now, the software ban would go into effect in model year twenty twenty seven. They also proposed a ban including Russian automobile software. All right, but here's the point. This proposed ban is primarily for Internet connected software, and it would effectively block all Chinese auto imports because the software it's pretty much baked inside. Right. But it's already tough to get a Chinese vehicle here in the States because of the recent tariffs that were placed on Chinese evs, But now this would make it nearly impossible. Why am I talking about this? Why am I kind of a little ticked off? Because right now Chinese vehicles Chinese electric vehicles. There's a company in China called BYD that's one of many EV production companies. It's called by D. They're not here in the United States, but if you get it China, you'renna see them everywhere. There is a model of a BYD vehicle, I think it's called the Seagull EV. It's sells for around ten thousand dollars, then thousand dollars that's it. That makes it cheaper than any American EV even after we slap one hundred percent tariff tax on it. Right now, I'll take that. I'll take it twenty thousand dollars EV any day of the week. But what this new admit but that the administration is doing. They're saying, nah, we're gonna do it for security reasons. To me, I'm reading between the lines. They're just protecting Detroit in America, and I'm fine with that. Just didn't I don't. They're just not being transparent. Welcome to the gun. We look at me going off politics, but I'm also talking technology in cars. Hour one OVA, one more hour. If you want a debate, going to your thoughts, you want to talk about EV's and cars like test drove probably three v's in the past month and a half. We'll talk about that. On the other side. Michael Garfield, voters call the tech texting is.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfier. Michael Garfield.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfields joining.
Speaker 1: Us in the high tech Texan.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is.
Speaker 1: Here with a high tech Texans.
Speaker 2: It was to make life easier some new technology.
Speaker 1: So Michael Garfield has something you might want. Michael Garfield is your high tech Texan. Three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets, heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio Act. Now your high tech Texan Michael Garfield halfway.
Speaker 2: Through the show. This two hour show, one hour down, one hour ago. We call it halfway at a half hour, brought to you by Nobody Got. This is a message for our iHeartRadio sales team here. If you guys want to help look for an alcohol or a liquor store, more than happy to have that percenting sponsor of Happy Hour. It is Saturday, just after twelve noon Central dime. Should you be listening live on KPRC Radio nine fifty am. It is, It's listen, it's Happy Hour. Because it's Saturday. We've got college football already kicked off. My Longhorns kickoff in just over three hours from right now. First SEC game in Conference SEC Game EVA for my Longhorns Mississippi State Bulldogs. Even though the longruns are favored by thirty five and a half, I give those points and take the over because the Horns are looking pretty good. But anyway, you can listen to that on our sister station seven ninety Sports and we got the uh Cougars, I believe playing on this radio station later today. So football season in full swing. You know what I've noticed more recently over the years, just I don't like the more recently that there is a big and I'm gonna use the analogy of football. Okay, I'm gonna there's a big do I don't want to use the World war. There is animosity and there are people taking sides. Listen. Everybody has their favorite team in any sport, and whether you truly mean it or you just want to give your buddies the business, you always have to say, oh man, my team's better than your team. Listen. I've done this my entire life as a Texas Longhar Longhorn. I am not a fan of Oklahoma centers, and I'm just really not a fan of the Texas a and m Aggies. I was just born and bred that way, despite the fact that several of my closest and past closest friends our Aggies, have been Aggies. And when They's and long Worns played years ago, which they will start again this year right after Thanksgiving, it was, you know, head to head and you gave each other and I can't say the word now but you know, you give each other the business. Oh it just sucks it sold. I'm not gonna that's the way it works, right. Well, the analogy I'm gonna use and technology is there is another head to head battle that I think is just is worse than the long words and the aggies, the long wrns of the simoners, or anyway your rival versus their arrival. It's iPhone versus Android. It is texting. It is blue dot and green dot. Now follow me along, and if if you you've got to have this, everybody out there probably has had this issue. You're an iPhone user. Oh I'm an iPhone user. It's so cool. And remember if you're a long time listener, I am an Android user. So just hear me out. So I'm an iPhone users. Oh, well, you know what you're When I text to an Android, they don't go they don't go through all the way. Sometimes that if we're on a group text, you're the one person with an Android phone and it's a green dot and or nothing ever goes and no one else gets it because you screw it up, green dotter, you Android user, you're you know you're screwing it up. I'm gonna try to see you a photo. Well the photo is pixelated, the video it's all grainy and things. I get it, I did it, but you know what, suck it up. I don't have a problem as an Android person, and I don't even know because what green or blue is until my people who use iPhones tell me I'm a green dotter because as an Android user and I'm on Google Messages is what I use. We don't get green dots blue dots, you know, we get check marks, we get autoo. Sometimes this is s M S and rcs or whatever it is. And I've I'm not gonna say I've gotten too fights, but I have been kicked out of groups, and really I don't communicate with some people anymore. I Am not kidding you. There is a big baby who I went to Hay School with in Dallas, and I know he's not listening to this, and so it doesn't doesn't matter. He has a group of about seven of us are eight of us that all went to high school high school people. So I've known these guys for forty plus years and for the past six seven eight years we're just all texting back and forth. We all went to our reunion last year, and most of us, you know, went went to ut and so we were talking football. We talk about everything. But once in a while, big baby in Dallas gets a little drunk and he comes.
Speaker 1: Out of the woods.
Speaker 2: Hey Garfield, man, you know you need to get with the real world. You need to get the iPhone. I'm like, do you know who I am? Do you know what I do for a living? No, I'm not getting with the real world. Once you get with the real world, and if you've encountered this, listen, if you want to this, disguise your voice. I'm bullied, and I talked about bullied last hour. I literally am bullied for an Android user. And it's just the stupidest thing. I mean, it's it's it's a communication device and whatever. And the reason is because iPhone and iOS they use one, you know, they use what is it FaceTime and the I messages that I died, so what it's called ibdes it. I don't even use an iPhone the ims verres. You know, Android has long used RCS, which is rich Communication Service. And I bring this up. Hear me out, ladies and gentlemen, Ebity and ivory living in perfect harmony. The world's collide. The new iOS eighteen, the new software operating system which is getting ready to come out, actually did come out. It now supports RCS, which means better texting for iPhone and Android. Woo. Who you're gonna get typing indicators when people are typing in real time. You're gonna get read or red receipts. Oh, this person is read it. You're gonna be able to share large photos and videos. It's gonna be this. It's so great, this is this is wonderful. Now how do we do it? And this is mostly for you U iPhone hogs. If you have an iPhone, why don't you join the big party. Go to your settings it general and then about, and then scroll down to your carrier because you have to make sure your phone carrier data carrier supports RCS. So go to General, Settings, General, About, look at your carrier and tap it. It should change to show I AM S that's the word letters, I AMS status and it should display voice SMS and r cs. It should okay, and scroll down. At that point, go to your settings and go to your app. Go to your messaging and so I guess go to I message under your text message, find RCS messaging. Okay, so in your I messaging and your messages under text messaging, you want to see RCS messaging, make sure it's turned on. Welcome to the freaking real world. Okay. Android users, you may have to switch to using Google Messages to enable RCS on your Android, which I think a lot of people already use Google Messages. Okay, because I could sync it up with when I'm sitting on my desktop at home, I can my texts not only come to my phone, they come right to my desktop. Okay, download the Google Messages and enable the RCS chat, which is pretty much by default. Ladies and freaking gentlemen. An't we all get along Aggie's long horns living together? Androids and all the iphoners. Hopefully this is gonna help. Obviously, iphoners, you have to download iOS eighteen because it now supports Rich Communication Services RCS. How about that? And you know what, if you know me, if anybody out there knows my cell phone number and has my text number, test it out. Don't text me before you allow for RCS. Go to your messages apps and allow text messaging RCS. Let me see what you think. Is it still gonna be a green dot, blue dot. Send me a photo. Let's see if it's pixelated. This is what I do. I try to bring the world together, one radio show at a time. Twenty two years after doing it. All right, we're gonna take a break right now. Michael is a name. It is the ident Text Show. I'll give you the phone number seven one three two one two five nine five. Oho. That's not my mobile number. Okay, it's not my cell phone number. In the twenty three years that I've been doing this show here on kp RC Radio, I may have accidentally given out my cell phone number once, maybe twice, because after twenty two years, that phone number has not changed. It's our call in number. It's our contest number, all right, and so it's written in big number right here for you. When I started in radio in two thousand and one, here it was like, have people call it, because people, it's it's a it's a talk show right on AM. It's talk shit. You call into your sports stations, you call it to this great talk station. You want to talk to your host. You want to And I've memorized that I have said that number more than any more than eight six seven five three oh nine, and I'm an eighties guy. Okay. It is seven one three two one two five nine five oh. And the reason it's five nine five oh because our radio is on nine five oh am nine to fifty amplitude mode modulate. Okay. So sometimes maybe if my mind is not into it, sometimes my mind wonders, I'll say seven one three, bit, I'll and I maybe once or twice I've given on my cell phone, not that anybody's ever called it, but I'll give you the phone number if you don't want to dial and talk to Callum. Read Callum is our wonderful man over here, the long haired, bearded wonder boy. That's you, Callum. I'm looking at you. Thanks for pushing the buttons and make answering the phones. If anybody wants to call, give me recommendations, or tell me about tell me about the iPhone and Android texting system slowly but surely coming together. If you just heard our last segment, If you don't want to do that, you're too shot, feel free to go to high tech text and on Twitter or x which I'm probably not gonna use anymore, because if you listened last hour, elon Musk love him R Adam. He says, you know what, We're not gonna let blocking happen anymore. So you may have blocks and people from seeing your ex hosts, We're gonna unblock. So we're we're unblocking the unblocking. We're blocking the unblocking, if that even makes sense sort of. That's how you get a get a hold of me. I got from London and this is my second international trip in about three weeks. And that's not a humble brag. That's a freaking brag. People kidding. I never I used an e SIM card and I'm gonna keep this on the line of phones. And there's several ways to keep a contact communication using your cell phone when you travel abroad. You can light up your international calling plan. You can get a SIM card. In the SIM card, it's that little tiny card that most every single phone has that you you probably may not even know it exists. There's a little tiny little pinhole in your phone iPhones and androids that you can take this little paper clip type of device and pop it out and the card comes out. And the card itself is the size of your pinky less the size of your pinky fingernail. That's actually your phone number. That's actually a lot of the data of your contacts. Everything's stored on there. So when you take that SIM card out and put it to another phone, most your phone numbers transferred to the new phone, a lot of your contacts, everything's a lot of things are transferred to your new phone. But then there's an ESM I'm calling an electronic SEM whatever it is, an eSIM. It's a virtual SIM card. There's no physical SIM card. And so you can use these when you travel abroad. You can buy them from many many companies. Put your credit card in. You decide how many megs or gigabytes of data that you want to use in any given time. Say you're traveling for a week, Say you want five gigs of data for a week. I priced this out. Five gigs of data for a week probably runds you anywhere between ten to twenty dollars. Now, what's gonna happen is depending on what country you live in. You may not get phone calls on your actual seven to one three number in case anybody from Euston or the United States wants to call you. But you're gonna be able to text, You're gonna be able to surf, but you're also going to be able to get online, and you're gonna use so many other communication platforms. You can use what'sapp. I lived on WhatsApp for those two different individual weeks that I was traveling abroad. You can use Facebook, Messenger, you know, you can use it's called deet Telegram, which is you know, it's really big in the UK. You can use a lot of these other things. And so I'm not saying recommend it, but it gives you another opportunity of lighting up your international plan. Maybe your cell phone provider. Maybe you're a small have a small cell phone provider. They don't have international plans. That's one thing to do over the past years when I used to travel, I haven't going to Mexico in a while. You go to Mexico almost any contrary. What am I even talking about. I just use the Wi Fi because Wi Fi, for the most part, is so ubiquitous around the world. You can find it almost anywhere. I'm on an airplane and there's Wi Fi on airplanes right now, and I'm on United Airlines in this case, going across the pond twice, I was in almost constant communicado the entire time I'm over the freakin Atlantic Ocean and we're flying over Iceland right and I'm on and I'm on Wi Fi and I'm getting texts you land airport. Almost every single airport has Wi Fi restaurants, hubs, bistros, hotels, libraries, neighbors. Some neighborhoods light up their entire neighborhood with Wi Fi that you don't even need to get, you know, utilized, your your, your, your plants. And so that that after one of the things that I learned in If you want anything more specific, feel free to pop me an email or post something or contact me and I can totally can get into that thing. Another one more thing, and I want to get all my little soapbox over here. It may seem, if you listen to the entire show that I'm really not a fan of a lot of things going on here in the United States. Wrong. I am just as pot as anybody in this country to be in a America, to be free to live the land of the brave. Everything. I love products made here. I'm always promoting in America. But dang man, there are some processes that America is very far behind, one of which is the cell phone industry. All right, you were locked into a carrier. You know, sure, I'm gonna get a I'm gonna get you know, buy this phone. We'll knock off eight hundred dollars up, but we're gonna lock it into a three year contract plan. What is this? A lot of other countries don't do this another one. And this is where I'm this is where I'm on that. I loved being in London and I loved Berlin. A few weeks ago. They utilize they utilized mobile wallets on your phone. They really don't even like taking physical credit cards when you pay. I never once had to switch money. I never bought euros in Berlin and I never bought British pounds or quid. Did not do it in London. Everything was credit card and not one did I use my physical credit card because I have a credit card like most of you. Looking on your phones. It's called Apple Pay for you iphoners. There's the Google wallet, there's a Samsung wallet. Listen, you can do PayPal, you could do there's a number of different things, right, but you go in mewhere, at least in London, and they have these mobile mobile readers, wireless readers, that. Yes, if you really want to, you could take your physical card and you can tap it. And we see that in the United States a lot where you can tap your card. But more and more United States. Yes, I'm gonna, I'm gonna. I will admit, we're seeing more where you can tap your phone and pay. But there's a lot of places. HGV. I believe does not use tap to pay Walmart. I was at Walmart two days ago. I was trying to tap to pay and I'm asking the guy and he's laughing me. He goes, no, we don't use tap to pay. I think Kroger is just experimenting with it everywhere I went in Berlin and London and again. And you guys feel free to call me antag me if you travel more. I took my phone out, I opened my Google wallet and I tapped it and I was ready to go. If I wanted a piece of gum, if I wanted a coke zero, I don't care if it cost forty eight cents or forty eight pounds or whatever. I used it every store it was a vendor. I bought refrigerator magnets and t shirts off the vendors. The sidewalks. I bought bagels off the like like a vendor, you know, like a hot dog type of stand. It was just a matter of you know, Kenny's dimes or dollars. They took it and it's secure. I like this a lot. It just opens. It just makes things so much more simple. You're not gonna lose your credit card. Yes, there's ways. I mean I have to I use an authentication where I have to use my thumb print before I tap my phone. You can put a pen code in there on your front. You could put your facial recognition or whatever. Do I'm just just telling, come on the United States man, you need to get your stuff together and just be more user friendly when it comes to the technological processes that have gone off. All right, did I vent? Did you get the fact that I'm not an American hater, I'm an American lever. But there are some process that we willly need to get their stuff together. If I get I haven't you know what open bone mines? Tell me what processes we need to get together? Seven one three two one two five nine five. Oh, when we come back, I will tell you when to use that number because it's gift card giveaway time. Here, I'm Michael Garfield, chap Okay bottom of the hour, less than thirty minutes to go of this big show here called the High Tech textan show where we talk about food, drink, anything else you want to talk about, where I could test and play with. But I also give away thanks because it's radio. And one of the rules of radio, if you really want to keep listeners or gain listeners, just give away stuff. Just give it away. You know what, who wants the microphone? Seven? One three two? Oh no, we uh it is gift card time. It's uh. It's nice to be able to do a show around lunchtime. You may be hungry right now, and I have a twenty five dollars gift card too. Cobo Bobs And if you're not familiar with Cabo Bob's, it is a I'm gonna call it a fast casual eatery based in Austin, four locations here in and around the Houston area. And it is fenop. If you like build your own burrito as well. You actually go up and down the line and you tell the folks to stuff this burrito with this uh. You get to make a choice of one of five different torpillas, not just one thwartilla. They've got some buttermilk, the flour, the spice U so good. You can have little tacos anything. It's all yours. Ninth callar seven one three two one two five nine to five oho Alim will pick up the phone and in a about twenty seconds thirty seconds right now as the phone light up, I'm watching. If you didn't win, just hang up and then just call back later. Just call back later. Seven. Love me some cobo bops actually hungry, good stuff. I've lost weight on cobo bobs and my peloton. Also, it's anybody peloton or anybody or exercise bike, soul cycle. There's somebody told me there's another one. I didn't even hear of it. Oh it's a London things. So I've in London and I'm having dinner with some friends who live in London and they haven't seen me in a while, and very nice, very cordial, and it's like, man, you just you look great, you stay fit? What do you do? I know you're a runner? You still run? I said, yeah, I still run because I've run you know, thirty years marathon or whatever. But I told him I just picked up Peloton and I bought a Peloton bike off a Facebook marketplace for you know. It was relative. It was a deal I couldn't pass up. And then I subscribed to service and this past summers passed three or four months. I'm I'm obsessed with it. It is just yeah, I have a favorite trainers. And if anybody's a Peloton or try to find me, what am I think? I'm Texas boy Garf. That's my name on Peloton and we could be friends on Peloton. But it's a different exercise to running. And I have dropped about twenty five pounds or so. And listen, listen, I've stopped drinking calcohol nearly as you know, as a lot as I used to, and don't eat at night, stop snacking. But all in all, and I said, is Peloton big here in the UK? They gave me another name? What is uh? I can't even think of it? And I said, is that here only in the UK? They're like, no, it's worldwide. I'm like, okay, well it's it's not as big as Peloton. I mean maybe it's not, so I don't know. The travels with Michael. This is the things that I'm telling you about Oh, by the way, do you uh? I was in London and can anybody guess And for those of you been to Lendon, you know the answer without a doubt. The number one hype of food that has served the restaurants, the number one restaurant type. And let's just go with the type of coils, seeing the type of country, the type of flavor, Okay, because here in Texas we're text mechs right, uh damn, we're barbecue Okay, I call those types of restaurants kinds of restaurants. And believe it or not, I did see some barbecue, and I did see a few text mechs and some burritos uh in across the pond. I did not try them. They do need to open a Cobo by I know the folks, the executives at Cabo Bob's and Austin. I said you need to. You need to go to the UK and open over there. They're actually thinking about the number one restaurant type. Unequivocally, there are more Indian food restaurants in London than there are in India. And let me help you out that food is a hot I mean I had some chicken vindaloo and some non bread and the but with the rice it I I can stand some heat. Don't get me wrong. I'm from Texas and I could eat me some halopenias and from the happocante sauce. What a man. I need to meet some chocol milk or something good. Indian food, good Indian food. I like Indian food. There are some great Indian foods here and around Houston. I need I need to. I should eat more Indian food. Anybody Indian food fans, let's go to lunch sometimes seven one three we do ever winter for the cabo bobs. There's the food. Oh the other big thing food markets, food holes, you know, food holes and food markets. They've been around here in the United States. I don't know. They seem to start proliferating three four years ago, and to me they were glorified shopping all food courts. But these outdoor slash indoor markets that I experienced it in London, they were such a blast. Oh my goodness, they were so good. They're there summer, I mean during lunchtime, breakfast or lunchtime. It's just there's little tiny day It's like a ten x ten booth and there's mom and pops and they open up there. Did they make great pastries and bread, guiss songs? They got their coffee porn. Somebody was making was Zoto truffle that you could smell a quarter of a mile away, and I was just I was floating on there and I add some of that sandwiches and everything. I just the food markets are great, the food. You know what, I need to stop bitching about America. I'm not gonna bitch that America uses so much preservatives and grabbing their food while other countries, maybe Germany, maybe the UK, then you know, wherever a London dy, it just seems a little healthier. Look at that. Did the taste a little bit more fresh? Okay, that's it because I do like me some food here, not ragging on anything. Seven one three, two one two five, nine to five. Get some emails over here, Michael, did you use a VPN when you're traveling? I'm getting ready to go over uh the UK for about a week and a half, and I needed to know if I should use a vp in what are the ins and outs and ups and downs of these things? And what about a free one? All right? This is from Janet. Janet she is in the Woodlands. I did use a VPN on I did I brang. I didn't bring my laptop. I brought my tablet. Now you can use your VPN a virtual private network. You could use a VPN on your phone. You can certainly use it on your laptop, computers, and when you're traveling, I highly recommend to another country. I highly recommend that you do use a VPN because what a VPN does, it will lessen the chance of your device getting hacked. Okay, not one foolproof, but lessens the chance. VPN there are a number of them. There are there are a number of them that are paid, and there are a lot of them that are free. You can go to your app store and you could download a free VPN. The thing to me personally is the reason is free is because maybe it's just not all that good. Maybe you're gonna have to put up with some advertisements, which I'm fine with that. Sometimes maybe you can only use a VPN for one hour at a time before it knocks you off. You have to redial and connect again, ups and downs. If you have McAfee security, I think that comes with the VPN. Kaspersky there's a number of very reliable ones that do cost money, and in this case it is probably worth the cost of a monthly fee, which it can range anywhere between I don't know, eight to twenty dollars a month, or maybe it's an annual thing. If you travel a lot, use a VPN. The reason I used a VPN, and it's not like I'm sneaky because I was talking, and again I'll use this example. I was talking to my friends who live in London. They graduated from UT They've lived in London for thirty or for twenty years now. They are big Longhorn fans, and they obviously have issues of getting watching Longhorn sports Longhorn football in another country in a six hour difference time zone, because it seems for some odd reason that soccer they call it football and rugby are the thing over there. I don't understand rugby. Don't even get into the old They don't show a lot. The NFL is pretty big, but college football it is. It's tough to find some college football. So what they do from their house they use a VPN that's based in America. And what it does it hell, and I'm not using the word tricks. It lets the computer know that it lets the computer think that that computer is physically in the United States, and then they at that point they subscribe to ESPN dot com or they download the Fox Sports Happen and even though there's some place far away around the world, when they log in to this app on Fox Sports, we are Fox Sports. Fox Sports app thinks that the computer, even though it is physically in London, they think it's similar in the United States, and they are allowed to show up because Fox really only has the rights to broadcast that college football game in the United States. That's why I used a VPN. I watched all I watched the Longhards again VPN. I tried it without it. Nope, we're sorry. The service here is blocked out in these foreign countries. Use a VPN and when you come back, you can bring me a gift. That's okay now you know your gift is your listenership. That's all I care about. Thank you, Janet. In the Woodlands, we got one more segment, Don't go Anywhere. We'll round it up with a little bit more travel tips, advice of the protect products that I saw, and I think we have one more gift card to give away something else. It's called the High Tech Text and ships canby final segment right here for the week on the HTT show. You know what, let's celebrate. Let's give away a little something. Total Wireless it is a selling data plan carrier. Here. They've got a number of different stores all over the Houston area that are owned by Victra vic tr A, about ten or fifteen different stores. I pass them quite often. I have a twenty eight dollars gift card where you can go in and use it for anything you want. You can use it on a phone, you can use it on a phone cases in chargers. You can get wireless home Internet. I've been using that from Total Wireless. It's it's a device that uses at home high speed five G home Internet. Now is I put this little device? I don't you plug it into to the electricity outlet power. That's it, no cables, no nothing, and it throws out a big Wi Fi signal so you don't need to pay the absorbent prices. And that thing starts at about thirty five forty five dollars a month. That's what they can do all right. Called number nine seven one three two one two five nine five zero calum go ahead and find out that who is going to get the twenty dollars gift card to one of these Victra Total Wireless stores so they can go get their five G home wireless internet or trains for their service like I have. That's my to selling data provider there. They're good stuff. So that's it. And that's the last time I would give out the phone number this show because got less than seven or eight minutes over here. I do thank you for tuning in. Recapping a number of different things. One the pop design I was over in London this past week for London Design Festival aeseus as US. It's a computer company, one of the world's largest computing companies. I went to one of their exhibits where they brought in a number of different artists from all over the place to talk about form, shape factor design and had a lot of conversations interviews of how Asus designs their laptops with kind of a smudge free type of really cool kind of outside not just grace, not it's just black. There's some designs that really kind of built and baked in. It's called Sarah aluminium. And so you can podcast this and about what ten minutes callum ten minutes, you can go to iHeartRadio app and download high tech textent er Michael Garfield Show, and you can listen to that. Again. I gave you some more travel tips. How come we in the United States don't use our our phones to pay with nearly as much as anywhere else around the world, especially you get. I mean, when I was in Berlin a few weeks ago, or London last week, man, I never once whipped out my wallle excuse me while I whipped this out. Nope, whipped out my phone. I unfolded my phone. So give you a kind of a hint. What type of phone I have? I unfolded my phone and I just tapped it up to these readers. This I know we have. We have some of these mobile tapped to pay readers here in the United States, but they are everywhere, I mean, and everywhere when I traveled, I do like that? What else do I got? Oh? God, I did a segment about an hour ago exactly on cars vehicles. I review. I test drive cars every single week, so much so that I own a car that is eighteen years old. Eighteen years old, it still runs sitting in my garage. But I'd hardly ever use it because I test drive cars for a week. This is not an endorsement. I don't use dealerships. I am not endorsing your dealership. But I just review cars, be at the good or bad, and I generally do a segment called what's Michael driving For the past week or two or three, I've driven some fun stuff this past week. I was in an EV. I was in an interesting one. I was in a Chevy Equinox EV. Now I don't love EV's. I didn't mind this one because I didn't travel the two hundred and eighty five miles before I had to recharge it because I just don't like recharging. I'm gonna tell you, man, Chevy did it hell of a job on their Equinox. They really did standard dub the price for the one, and I, I mean again, I had almost to be upgrade because that's the model that did the shivy folks let me use for a week. Starts at forty three thousand, and they put a tun of a ton of options in there. Also with super Cruise package. You know it's about fifty thousand, but the point is forty three to fifty thousand, you're going to get this EV. Two people in the front, three people in the back, hatchback. We're going to call it a small CUV, small SUV if you will, ranges two hundred and eighty five miles. But I love the digital screens. They have that seventeen inch diagonal diagonal LCD display console. The driver information center is about eleven inches, so it's a beautiful screen. Rides comfortable, very quiet. Here's something in the history of automobiles, and I've been testing fifteen years. I know how to start a car. We all know how to start a car. Back in the day. You get in the car, you take a key, you put it in the ndition, you turn it, it starts. Nowadays you have wireless key fobs. You approach your car, it unlocks. Keep the fob of your pocket, your purse, then put your foot on your brake, hit this ignition button somewhere in that car, and then you go and get in the equinox front of my house. I have a key and over under four minutes, I am looking everywhere for the ignition button. I have the key fob in my hand. There is no button, no switch, there is nothing to turn on this EV car. Now I am at my wits end. I'm like, it's a middle of the day, so and drink. It was. This is Craig Cray. Just that's when I was about to open my phone in Google, and that would easy could have been the most one of the most embarrassing Google searches ever. Ow to turn on car. I'm looking around and I'm punching some buttons. You know. It's just I'm just sitting there and it's hot in the afternoon, and I'm getting ready to spit and stuff like that, and all of a sudden, I must have hit something, and this little information right through the steering wheel and the driver information just play. There's a little message that popped up to turn on ignition, depress the brake. So I touched the brake with my foot. It turned the car on. There's no freaking ignition switch that blew me away. Future cars, I don't know, man, that's a paradigm that's a paradigm switch. That is a paradigm shift. If I've ever heard when you just put your foot of the brake, I don't know if I'd like it, because inherently, when I get into a car and I get into a new vehicle every single week for the past fifteen years. I have I know with which stations, radio stations to set, do the mirrors pair my blue tooth. When I do, and I don't even turn the car on, invariably my right foot goes to the break. I don't know, I just don't want the car to move, even though it's not going anywhere. It's not even on. So now my foot goes to the break and it turned the car on. It was just weird. I neither hear dr air. Maybe you think it's a cool thing, maybe not, but we like it. If you're in DVS, right, I've been in faster evs. They go from zero to sixty and what have you. Genesis are phenomenal, the Ford Mustang, he's great. Tesla's have a hypersonic speed or whatever. This is not bad. I know the GM General Motors, which is the parent of Chevy. Mary Bara who's the CEO. You know, she's vowed that we need to get more evs, more EV's. You know, they may have back stuff on that and they're going to you know, potentially hybrids. But if you're in DVS, take look, it's the Chovy equinox starting into a forty three thousand dollars. I'm sure you can get the even lower using the word lower badges of the equinox, but this happened to be the two rs, which is kind of the highering. What and so there is my weekly What's Michael driving? Other than that? Callum, I think we made it. We gave away some gift cards and we had some good content. And you, my friend, are going to zip this up and put it on the iHeartRadio app so you can podcast this thing and listen to it over and over again. I am going to actually now make it happy hour instead of halfway to happy hour, and wait till three fifteen for the kickoff of the University of Texas Longhorns very first in conference SEC Flootball Gang, Mississippi State bulldal be going now for all of us have been a part of this show. Thank you, Callum, Eddie Martini, Brian Erickson, Mark Sherman, and everybody else is like, you know, I cannot think of right now. I'll see you next week. My name is Garth. Right now the show is oh wow y