Speaker 1: With efing with our show, You're gonna ruling it, except with similar sweet pursuing it, tundled out Shaw shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what chilling? I think Eagle, Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house, a goat status. How we'd starting to get Crattit shows that enough multiplied like a rabbit.
Speaker 2: Tune in, so out, creak it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 3: I'm on a hang out with my friends, rocking on the radio. My boy Skins talking on the radio. It's time to do this, Walkskin.
Speaker 2: All it we go kt Christine up.
Speaker 1: All up on our radio.
Speaker 3: Ah, Yes, Happy Thursday, everybody. It's the world famous Ben and Skin Show. Ben Rogers, Jeff skin Wade, Kevin Kevin, Gatie Turner, and Christina k Ray little baby corn Bread Ray.
Speaker 2: And we're all hands on deck, excited to be here today. There's a new.
Speaker 3: Fart in that intro.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear it. I didn't hear it.
Speaker 3: You'll have to tune in tomorrow to see if you hear it. Where are we going to be tomorrow to hear it? Tomorrow? We have a very big remote broadcast. We're doing our show tomorrow from Fortunate Sun in Garland. This is one of the most popular and just exciting and just trending pizza joints in DFW because Portnoy from Barstool went there and gave it a review and just gave him this huge review. It was already buzzing prior to that, obviously, Yeah.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: I don't think a lot of places in Dallas do the New Haven style p Yeah. Yeah, and they're certainly the ones that are making the biggest name for themselves and so man, it is just so wildly popular. People love it. I'm so excited. This will be my first time to go. But we're doing our show from the tomorrow from three to six, so Friday in Garland at Fortunate Sun. But we're there for a piece of sports history. Our friends at USL Dallas. It's a professional soccer league. They're launching a new franchise here and so all they've been able to call the team until now is USL Dallas. Yeah, but tomorrow they'll have a name. We will announce the name and so it's Crest and in soccer. So imagine if like you want to come join us because it's going to be a fun way to start your Friday. The pizza is good, the beer is gonna be flown, the laughs will be everywhere. We'll have a great time. But you also get a piece of history by being there. You know, it's just kind of cool to know that you were there on the day that's something big like that happened. Yeah, and it will be a big deal. We're very excited. We know the folks behind it, and we know them. It's going to be cool. Now let me ask you, have you ever even been to downtown Garland?
Speaker 2: That's a good question. One four seven.
Speaker 3: So we grew up in Richardson, Richardson and Garland, huge rivalry. Jupiter Road divides us and that's why it might as well be a massive wall there. It was like the Hatfield and the McCoy, except it was the Richardson in the Garland. So where is it in Garland?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: I'm going to pull up the cross section right now so everybody knows. Do you got kt? Do you know the cross streets of downtown Garland off the top of your.
Speaker 2: Off the top of my head? Okay? Is it by Josie Records?
Speaker 3: Where we were no it's it's not that far from it, but okay, So technically it is Main Street in Garland and Fifth Avenue is where Fortunate signs.
Speaker 2: We should have guessed main Street, yeah, right, Maine Oak.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so I'm trying. I'll give you like, Okay, think about my oldhood. If you took Walnut Walnut Street all the way from Richland Junior College and just started heading east, you would eventually get to one block away from downtown Garland, Okay, okay, and so it's it would be south of Walnut, closer to LBJ.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's over there that I would have gone.
Speaker 3: To Intrinsic Brewing And they've got pretty good barbecue over there too.
Speaker 2: Have you been the Fortunate son yet? Not yet.
Speaker 5: I'm assuming that was after I moved away from there. But that downtown area is awesome, and that was before they did all the upgrades.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's cool, like you'll be really impressed. And they renovated the whole area. They got a badass mayor, right, he has bits and stuff. I think he does much fun bit. Yeah, his name is John okay, John Mayer, Yes, and he is a fantastic guitar player.
Speaker 6: There's an arcade over there, walking distance from fortunate Son.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on the same side of the block. I just always forget. What do you mean, like a barcade, yeah thing, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: They have like PS five and Xbox up at the bar that you're sitting at like a cheer situation, so huge TV.
Speaker 2: It's really cool.
Speaker 3: Play James and you're gonna be You're gonna be blown away by Fortunate Son. It's so it's got a giant outdoor area and a giant inside area. Like they're on the end of like they're on the corner. They're on the the southeast corner of downtown Garland, the town square, and they have a big giant, you know, outdoor area, indoor area and right next door to them. I met these people last time I went. It's called State and Maine Merchant and it's just a cool little store.
Speaker 2: Did you go.
Speaker 3: It's just a cool little store and it's like, I guess what you would consider it a convenience store, but it's they just carry all sorts of like unique off brands. They actually carry Rollertown beer Works, our brewery in their store.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 2: You could get Rollertown to I've heard of that, all right, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're really cool people and we got to do this for TABC rules. You can also pick it up at AGB and Tom Thumb. But anyways, they're right next door to Fortunate Son and they're really nice people. And so when you go tomorrow, you know, I would recommend everybody that's going to join us out there bounce around the It's just an old downtown square, like you can get to everything in five minutes. It's super cool. But dude, go see those nice people at you know, the convenience store right next Just stick your head in there and say hello to him because they're super nice. We don't get to Garland enough, so it's kind of cool that we get to go out to Garland tomorrow. And if you're anywhere in the area, we would love to have you come join us again. We'll do a live broadcast from Fortunate Son from three to six. I'm sure we'll eat a lot of pizza, we'll drink a lot of beer, and we will be celebrating this big announcement from USL Dallas and man, that's just a big deal.
Speaker 2: It's kind of exciting to be there for a piece of history. I'm fired up.
Speaker 3: And if you want to go to Garland tonight. Go to Garland. Oh, by the way, that movie that me and Groobs were in, Yes, that was at the theater across the town. It's right there. It's right next door to Intrinsic Brewing. The old time movie theater there in downtown Garland is right there, right off the square.
Speaker 2: Did you end up getting any Oscar buzz for that?
Speaker 3: I did, okay because it was forget what Oscar's last name was, but he saw it.
Speaker 2: He saw it and liked it was buzzed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think there's a big the USL teams having a big after party at Intrinsic Brute. I think they are ye tomorrow, make Garland your Darling. Yeah, I love I like that. That's really good. And then also the last time I went so, I was with someone that was born and raised in Garland and they were talking about when they were a little kid. They're like, I used to go to that feed There's a feeds. This is old school, dude. There's a feed store right off downtown. Yeah, you're gonna love this. There's a feed store just north of Salina. Okay, Gunter Solana Gunner and those things.
Speaker 2: Those things are pretty cool. It's cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, and if I know, you've got a lot of live stock, right, yeah, right, right, they're wonderful. All right, Hey, let's let's let's carry this over and we'll have a special guest join us. But we want to give you a quick update on a friend of ours that has something really cool coming up for those of you that like comedy, and this will be a nice Mother's Day gift as well. Joining us on the hotline is our buddy Seth Cole Seth, How you doing?
Speaker 2: Man? Doing great?
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 2: How are you good?
Speaker 3: Now? You are a stand up comedian, You've been in the DFW area for a long time. You've played our brewery, Rollertown Beer Work several times. And you have something, you have something coming up on Mother's Day that we wanted to get the word out for you.
Speaker 2: What you got cooking?
Speaker 7: Yeah? May eleventh, seven pm at the Dallas Comedy Club in Deep Elm. I'm recording a special. I'm a live taping. Netflix is not asking me to do it. I'm doing it all on my own time, but I'm getting them, putting it all on wax and getting it out there.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited. That's amazing.
Speaker 3: So if people want to go become famous and be on TV, they can come to this an I'm assuming that you truly you can get test So how do people get tickets and go be on this bad Boy?
Speaker 7: They can go to Dallas Dashcomedyclub dot com and just go to the show link and click on May eleventh and look for step Coles live taping.
Speaker 3: And buy your tickets.
Speaker 7: They're super cheap, They're like fifteen bucks. I'm trying to make it affordable for everybody and your mom, So will.
Speaker 3: You be doing a whole line of your mom humor?
Speaker 7: I might do a couple your mom jokes, but nothing, nothing quite like that.
Speaker 2: This is a you know, one of family friendly. Oh really no, no.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, lying Now we should tell everybody comedy yeah yeah, yeah, last name spelled cow l e s when you go looking for it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: The other thing is we will only let comedians on the show that have stories that involves the mayor of Garland. Do you have one?
Speaker 7: Yeah? So I wrote a joke about how if I ever get murdered. I wanted to be an assassination but I just didn't know like I'd have to get into politics. But I didn't know how high up into politics, like when does it go from murder to assassination?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 7: And then then I said basically like, if you read tomorrow that the mayor of Garland got shot, you're not going to be like, oh my god, Scotland May assassinated.
Speaker 2: You know, like sometimes sometimes you're just in Garland.
Speaker 7: Right, And uh so I did that bit and somebody was in the audience who knew Scotland May. And later that night I got a Facebook message from Scotland May and he basically said, hey, I heard I was in your act. And I was all like, oh my god. I said, I'm sorry about that. He goes, well, I hope you killed and I don't get killed. So he had a great sense of humor about it, and I said, I'm gonna I'm gonna change it to mesquite anyway. Yeah, because honestly, I'm the coolest mayor in all of DFW. And so we stayed in contact. He came out to a couple of shows. I've met him at the Day of the Dead in Garland and he's a risally nice guy. He does do bits and uh, I'm trying to get him to come out on Mother's Day. But you know, I told I told his wife that it would be a perfect gift.
Speaker 3: So we'll see.
Speaker 2: Well that's awesome, Seth.
Speaker 3: We want to promote it for you one more time where people comes, get the tickets and come see you.
Speaker 7: Dallas Dash Comedy Club dot com. It's a Dallas comedy club located in Deep Elum Sunday night at seven pm. Also, as an added bonus, I'm going to have one of your Berkner brethren, Paul Varguis, opening up for me.
Speaker 2: Let's go right.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, that's a good decision by you. Paul usually makes things at least five percent better, at least.
Speaker 2: At least he's amazing. You guys are amazing.
Speaker 7: Thank you guys so much for having me on. And I hope to see you guys out there.
Speaker 3: All right, we will be out there. Thank you, Seth. Have a wonderful weekend. There he goes, Seth goals go see him Mother's Day for the taping of his comedy special. It should be a grand old time. That dude is hilarious, funny guy. He's one of my favorite stand up comics ever. Yeah, and him and Paul together, that makes a whole hell of a lot of sense. And hey man, in the spirit of what we're doing tomorrow, he brought a Garland joke to the party.
Speaker 2: How great is that?
Speaker 3: And again, if you haven't heard yet, fortunate Son tomorrow been and skin Show three to six. Make sure to be out there all right, coming up next. I love it when KT has a wildlife story, and we got a weird one for you. Stick around here in about ten minutes right here on the wild Life too.
Speaker 2: Wild life to all right, it's good to be here. Is gone on Twitter. His name's Michael cheryls He.
Speaker 6: I don't really know what he does, but he had a post and somehow that post got nearly three hundred million views after a few days.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's pretty good.
Speaker 6: And I think up until now we're probably the only radio show in the country who has not discussed this yet.
Speaker 2: But now we have a big reason to.
Speaker 6: So here's what he wrote on his Twitter post. Okay, I think one hundred could beat one gorilla. Everybody just got to be dedicated to the s that is okay. I'm now understanding why this took off. It's a great premise. You know, we do these things all the time, but the way that it's worded is amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's totally captivated me. And I've seen all these because he didn't he didn't put like a computer simulation of it, right, No, Okay.
Speaker 6: So I think it was just one tweet that took off and then everyone started playing with it.
Speaker 3: So this guy just had the tweet and now the simulations are everywhere and you can see what it looks like, you know, if a gorilla is going to take on a bunch of people. Okay, I have not seen any simulations. Do we have a clear cut winner? Well, the gorillas win everything. The one I think I saw one hundred thousand people against one hundred gorillas and it was like, I think thirteen gorillas died and the rest were all human deaths, and they just muhl. They just can't be stopped. But honestly, it would have to be such a coordinated effort. We were talking about at dinner and so like if you had if all if if, because what was the original premise, one hundred hundred hundred men.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, I don't. I don't think.
Speaker 3: I think you could take one hundred m m A fighters and they could not beat up one gorilla because yeah, because think about it, you have they have to coordinate. How do you get close enough to like even get near him without him knocking, you know, breaking your neck with one swing. And that's the thing. It's got to be coordinated. And this is a lot like chess.
Speaker 2: Ben Uh.
Speaker 3: The biggest problem, aside from the strength, is the powerful jaws that'll rip your flesh off. And so when you get the hundred people together, you gotta find ten guys that are the sacrificial pawns and they're the ones that have to go in. If you put three guys at each limb, okay, he's going to be shredding those guys, but then everyone comes from the back and just starts killing him. You know what I'm saying. So timmy guys back, he can just turn around. No no, no, not with three guys on each limb. I don't even think it would impact him. And I guarantee you I actually think eighty five MMA fighters could take out one silver Back guerrilla.
Speaker 6: Let's just say average man one hundred man. This is a one hundred men. So you might have a couple of MMA fighters in there, but you also might have a fireman. You also might have a guy like me, all right, so there's not gonna help much. Yeah, but one hundred man average O weight of a man, it's about two hundred pounds. One hundred times two hundred is twenty thousand pounds. Your standard Western goerilla weighs about three hundred and fifty pounds. So I do think you have about sixteen five hundred pounds to play with.
Speaker 3: But how can you get it to it? Like you know what I'm saying, Like coordinated dog is what that guys say. Hey, So it's not like it's not like the way.
Speaker 2: In like a head thing, right, like just put off circulation. I don't think it has a neck.
Speaker 3: It's not like you get to put the gorilla in the middle and then everyone attacks it from everyd like how are you?
Speaker 2: How are you doing? I always assume it's one like like dodgeball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, both rides, and everybody's got to run towards one hundred people running towards the gorilla at one time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think the plan if I was the coach here, Yeah, you gotta get the eyes. You go with their eyes, they can't do anything. That's what I'm saying. Someone's gonna beat yeah, that's ane. Can I have ten dedicated out of my one hundred guys? You're designated eye gougers? Well, no, no, no, those guys are going to die.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they'll die immediately, but they take out the limbs and that's where people come in and they see, grill.
Speaker 2: Got your eyes? Okay, how do we go already? Right?
Speaker 3: How do we land on the gorilla? By the way, Because wouldn't a grizzly bear be harder to beat than a grilla? No, silverback gorilla? Silver the legend of the silverback grilla is so strong. The person that presented it to me, I said, wait a minute, how big is your average silverback gorilla? And without without skipping a beaty ghost, they're like seven feet tall. Okay, I think it's a yetti. I think a grizzly bear would beat a silverback gorilla.
Speaker 2: No way, I do.
Speaker 6: The internet, we have a well I don't I know his last name. I don't know his first name.
Speaker 3: If you had a guy wrote a book on this very frequency you're talking about grilla verse bear.
Speaker 2: No, he wrote a book.
Speaker 6: That's like about animal fights that would actually go he's a professor in college.
Speaker 3: Was it a strange now, mister, fol I don't know is Cordia. What did AI say? In a one on one confrontation of grizzly bear would likely win against a gorilla primarily due to its superior size, weight, and the effectiveness of its claws and teeth. While gorillas are incredibly strong and have a powerful bite, the size and physical attributes of the grizzly bear make it a more formidable opponent claus versus fingers. So did you see that simulation right now? Did you say silverback gorilla? I'm serious, because silverbackgrilla is the most vicious one. That's just old and great.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, that's why the premise took off. The silverback gorilla is the one that's kind of like the All right, here's the In a hypothetical fight, a grizzly bear would likely win against the silverback gorilla, mainly due to size, strength and weaponry advantages. Man, I think AI is just saying what it just said a second ago. It doesn't want to be wrong, right man, Like I said the other.
Speaker 6: Okay, here's an NBC video and they got Steve Karnaki on at the guy who does the charts for the NFL playoffs and the political races. Oh yeah, let me play the sys har kers. He's actually doing the breakdown if you guys want to hear some of this. Guys, we have spent way too much time.
Speaker 2: Today thinking about all.
Speaker 3: Of this, to the point that we actually created a very unofficial stay Tuned Now poll at work with guy.
Speaker 6: So the poll has sixty three percent picking the gorilla over the one hundred men. Let's see how we get to the end here.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, that's a really great point.
Speaker 7: I think the fight that we're talking about here is a little bit misguided because really gorillas are in a fight, and they're in a fight for their survival, so they are considered critically.
Speaker 6: And we're all, we're not in the food chain, these one hundred men. When it got down to it, it's like the thing is like the clutch gene in sports or whatever, when you when it is time to step into the battlefield, we're not ready and the gorilla is absolutely ready.
Speaker 2: And you can't measure that.
Speaker 6: You can't use analytics, weight, you can't even use like body traits and features a gorilla that.
Speaker 3: A gorillas never used a microwave or experienced air conditioning, and once you're kind of indoctrinated into that, you saw live your saw.
Speaker 2: We're pampered.
Speaker 6: We had someone wipe our butt the first three years of our life, some of us ten years.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I saw Leonardo DiCaprio go head to head with a grizzly bear and it was a reasonably fair fight.
Speaker 2: He got his ass kick, but there wasn't about he was destroyed in the battle.
Speaker 3: He landed. I don't know you landed at all. He went out like a dude. Wipe man. I think that dude wipe well. I had a chance to beat that guy's butt. No final, voto, final verdict. I'm taking the gorilla over one hundred men. I'm taking the eighty five MMA fighters.
Speaker 2: That was not part of it.
Speaker 3: That is, thank you, well, except thank you that's a different one on the road.
Speaker 5: Guess they're covering you'll see, just taking a gorilla because the gorilla does not deserve to die, but.
Speaker 2: The hundred people do. Yeah, give the yeah.
Speaker 3: You don't know that gorilla is innocent. It could have just like held up a grocery store or something that no idea.
Speaker 2: How much pent rage do these men have, right, That's a fair question.
Speaker 3: All right, But but let's take it to the next level because last night on a very popular talk show, a whole new fight introduction was introduced, and it demands our immediate attention. Don't go anywhere in less than four minutes, We'll have that for you right here on the Eagle. Coming up in the next hour, we're gonna give you a chance to win tickets to see Ghost at Dickies. But you gotta be listening to know it's very important. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Hot god come stay on top.
Speaker 6: Netflix has a show that airs live every Wednesday night at nine pm. It's called Everybody's Live with John Mulaney, and last night's episode happens you do the thing they always do have They talk about a topic for about forty five fifty minutes. They have musical guests. But he kept teasing at the end of the show, I've got a very special announcement. Now I knew that he just like released some like tour d eight, so I was like, surely he's not gonna just do that.
Speaker 2: Surely there's more.
Speaker 6: So I waited past the weird Maggie Rodgers John Kell.
Speaker 2: Music music guest situation. He is very strange.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's badass.
Speaker 6: And then he goes and here is his announcement.
Speaker 2: At the end of last night show.
Speaker 8: I promise an announcement and here's what it is. As many of you know, there's currently a lot of online discourse about who would win in a fight between one hundred men and a gorilla. It's prompted a debate in our writer's room about whether three fourteen year old boys could beat up me.
Speaker 2: John Mullaney.
Speaker 8: So on our final episode of the season, May twenty eighth, the theme will be teen Night. We will be talking about many teen issues and I John Mulaney will square off in a very real fight against three fourteen year old books. Is this legal so far? We think so. It's not assault. We know that, and we're vetting every step of it to be clear. I want to be clear. This isn't gonna be like a fun, funny fight like. It's gonna be me fighting these children and then fighting me as hard as we can. So if you or anyone you know has access to a fourteen year old boy who was willing to fight me John Mulaney and might need to get something out of his system, please have their parent or guardian, not the minor. Contact us at the email below. I want to fight John Mulaney at email.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Oh my god, we's gonna do it. You can't. You can't not do it now you can. Well, if it's not legal, if you have to deliver this, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think the lawyers will let it happen. Right, well, the whole The best part is we think it's legal so far. Yeah, that's the best part. But hypothetically, I think I don't know if he could beat up three fourteen year olds. I don't think he works out.
Speaker 6: He's got a broken he might be having to get hip replacement surgery.
Speaker 3: He tours the abron my god, yeah, I mean, and he's an old forty three. Yeah, he went hard. God, I thought he was closer to ard. He's been drinking because he was thirteen. Who would you take in that fight, John mulleni or three fourteen year old boy, three fourteen year old boy. I'd have to get a look at the fourteen year old boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because, oh my god, please pull that sake. Ah, Hell, I don't care.
Speaker 3: I think you know, it's like me at fourteen is way different than Ben at fourteen, Like, you know, this will develop. Three of Me probably could not have taken John Mulaney, but three of Ben probably could have.
Speaker 6: So he's got three episodes until this final episode, and I think he will give us updates on it for the next three weeks because a bit that he already did this year was he wanted to get as many men as he could one inch at a time in terms of height, that knew their height from like four feet to seven feet, and he just wanted to get them in a line. And it was hard to find a four foot guy and then a four foot one guy and a four foot two guy.
Speaker 2: And he did it get them to agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he pulled it off, but it took forever to get people who knew their actual height and they could like actually get measured. So he'll update us on this and I'm sure he'll tell us about the vetting process. This is great, because wonderful. I mean, like I said, I I didn't like this show enough to keep watching it, but I do like the idea that he's clearly just trying to waste everyone's time.
Speaker 2: Fun with the float.
Speaker 3: You know, it's just let's waste an entire season of people's time, which I appreciate. Again. I love the promo. He's standing in front of a car and he goes, well, Mom, I'm so dumb. Why do I have this kick ass car? It's a really badass. I disagree with to phrase it. This is a fourteen year old boys, and that the parents. He was very clear about that the parents have to or guardian email. Yeah, or guardian has to be the ones that email.
Speaker 6: They're gonna get a collection of probably five hundred to one thousand fourteen year old boys here, and they're gonna whittle it down, probably have varying heights and ways.
Speaker 3: How many fourteen year old boys would it take to beat one gorilla? Oh, a thousand, I might take ten million. Yeah, yeah, they'd be too motion so hard to organize ten million. Let's start working on that. We'll do that with our promo crew. We'll start working on on this commercial break.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Coming up next, we go around the sports. Uh oh, Luca is out of the playoffs. We'll talk about what it means next, but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Now, let's go around the sports.
Speaker 3: KG Tweints has all the sports y.
Speaker 6: Yeah, last night, the NBA playoffs rolled on, and then it's sad that the Mavericks aren't a part of it. But it was the uh Los Angeles Lukers and the Minnesota Timberwolves, and the Lukers were down three to one first half. Luca lands on his back, that stopped his movement even more so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right at the end of the first half.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and there you go, Lakers lose, They're out. Nico vindicated. Well, I think that.
Speaker 3: Luca being eliminated after the first round, the person that benefits from that the most is Nico Harrison. I think the longer, if Luca had gone on a deep run deep in the playoffs, it would have been a real It just would have been more painful for MAVs fans, more painful for Nico. I mean, everyone rushes to judgment and is quick to formulate a quick opinion in this opinionated landscape with sports talking all those things. But there's a lot of people out there now going, Okay, I see what Nico was saying. Luca can't play defense, he's banged up, they're targeting him. There was more blowbys by Luca than any playoff game in history, and so you know, I bet Nico didn't hate those results, continue just considering what a blood bath it's been for him since the trade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that was the best.
Speaker 3: Case scenario for the Lakers to lose. Lakers were a three seed and to lose in five games, with a lot of basketball media media talking about Luca's defense, that's the best case scenario for Nico for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm sure publicly he wouldn't say that. I'd be like, look, i don't care whatever's going on over there. I'm focused on my team. But in the court of public perception, you are one thousand percent right based on the media. I was watching the stuff I've seen on social media, and you know, while I'm getting ready for the day, I've got those ESPN shows, which where are they first take?
Speaker 2: First take?
Speaker 3: What all those things, Pat McField, those things, and basically what they were saying nobody, nobody is saying that, Okay, that was a fair trade by any means, But they're saying, Okay, this is why Nico traded him. Yeah, they just looked at this and said, because now, what all those shows were saying. They're not even looking at it through the lens of the Mavericks anymore. They're like, Okay, what do the Lakers need to do? And basically what I was hearing were three different shows saying, all right, you have to surround uh, Luca and Lebron with as many good defenders as you.
Speaker 2: Can, which is you got it right exactly.
Speaker 3: The Mavericks had Kyrie and Luca and they went out there and started surrounding him. Yeah, you got like you're gonna have and and you know, the Lakers were in this weird thing where, you know, they just didn't have a center or one that they felt comfortable playing. And so like last night, Maxi Kleba got in that game. He hasn't played in a basketball game since January in a Maverick uniform.
Speaker 2: He was mad. So he's never played team ever.
Speaker 3: It never He's never practiced with the Los Angeles Lakers once.
Speaker 2: So crap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he got in in that game. He was in the final six minutes of that game. And it's like Odo fouled out. It's like, dude, it's that bad. But they had it trade for a center, but they it was declined over hell, he's got He's had a lot of back injury stuff and so they the Laker doctors nixed it. Did the guy play again the rest of the season after that, Oh, he played great.
Speaker 2: He killed the Mavericks.
Speaker 3: And by the way, the guy that they were trading, the main guy, Connect, their first round pick. After that trade got nixed. He fell into a hole and couldn't get off the bench for the Lakers, So now their first round draft pick asset is kind of like, it's kind of like, what's happened to Jaden Hardy? Yeah, right, Like Jaden Hardy's trade value is diminished because he just fell into a hole and couldn't get out of it.
Speaker 2: That happened to Connect.
Speaker 3: And you know the other thing too, is like, I know, you guys think I'm doing a bit like I love Austin Reeves.
Speaker 2: I really do.
Speaker 3: They can't move forward with Austin Reeves playing next to Luka Doncic. One of the main reasons the Lakers lost that series is that they went up against a team that had a great inside presence, so they were gonna have to beat him shooting threes and beat him from the outside. Austin Reeves went ice cold. I mean, he was bad for five games. And they have to have Lebron Luca and Austin Reeves shooting lights out to go beat teams that are built like that. Yeah, and I thought Luke played great in the series. I thought Lebron played really well. Austin Reeves gave him next to nothing and it killed him.
Speaker 2: Question, would you trade Derek Lively for Austin Reeves if I'm the Mavericks? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh god, No, okay, and I love him. I'm just saying they need a big and you said they can't move forward. I think I think Derek Lively the Second is the best future player on the Mavericks, like and it's not even close like what he can develop into if he stays healthy. He can develop into a top twenty player in the league. If he stays healthy.
Speaker 2: What's Austin Reeves is trade?
Speaker 3: Well, it's high only he's only making like ten million dollars. But I'm saying, for me personally, Derek Lively the Second, I'm like, if I'm trading him, I'm getting a real franchise changer. And as much as I like Austin Reeves, I'm not trading a seven footer that can do it. Derek Lively the Second can do Gaffer. I'd consider it, but because this team doesn't have any ball handlers.
Speaker 2: But that may be.
Speaker 3: Like, I mean, I don't are they giving the Lakers a big they need, right and are they've already given them Luca?
Speaker 2: I mean, hell? But can they whatever?
Speaker 3: Well, I want to say this, there were moments last night in Game five of the Lakers series where Dorian, Maxi and Luca were on.
Speaker 2: The floor for them. Kyrie was there too. Yeah, they're just watching on the front road. Made me sad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know that the Mavericks will ever be able to make a trade with the Lakers ever. Again, not with Nkos, the Gangs. I don't know that it can happen. You know, it's kind of like maybe they could, but it's kind of like, uh, the Cowboys drafting alignment from Michigan. I mean, at this point, it doesn't a defensive lineman. It doesn't make sense. But it's just the reality. The perception is the perception. But but realistically, if they if they, if the Lakers want to build a team around Luca, well the Mavericks have already done that. So they've got a roster that's right for the picking. Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, And I'm not just saying I mean they to me, this is why the Mavericks didn't hang on to Jalen Brunson or didn't want to pay him all that money because they thought he's not a good fit next to Luca. He's a six foot non defensive offensive player. That's what Austin Reeves is sure, you know. And so it's like, you have one of the best players in the world, put the right kind of guys around him.
Speaker 2: That's what they have to go do.
Speaker 3: And they were nowhere near that roster wise, they were gonna have to play flawless offensively to beat the Timberwolves, and they couldn't. And now Luca's wearing it when I thought he played better than Lebron or Austin Reeves, right, he is absolutely wearing it. And is that just the way it's going to be for him? Because even if you know he wore it when he was on the mat, if you're if people think consider you an MVP and you're not balling out, then you're gonna catch it. It's just the way it is in the world. All right, let's let's carry this over. We'll keep this conversation go on. Let's go around the sports. Part two coming up, in just less than four minutes, so don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: All right, it's the Ben and Skin Show.
Speaker 3: Shout out to our homie Mikey the drummer from Drowning Pool, no doubt drinking some rollertown right now. All right, Ben and Skin Show ninety some one point one the Eagle. We have tickets to give away. We have a four packet tickets to see Ghosts in August at Dickies. The first person, the first person that uses the iHeart app and hits the talkback feature and leaves a voice message with their name, their phone number, their email address, and the answer to this question. Which comedian where we talked about earlier is planning on fighting three fourteen year old boys. We were talking about this in the Hollywood Shuffle. If you know which comedian and you're the first person to leave the message with your name, phone number, and email address, you're gonna win that four packet tickets to see Ghosts. We have a news quickie involving a murdering porn star coming up at the bottom of the hour. But let's get back into some sports question for you. Yeah, shoot, so at well done so at the beginning of next season, Yeah, you know that Kyrie Irving's going to miss half the season whatever he's gonna miss. At the beginning of the season, which team will have uh will nationally be favored more to do better in the Western Conference. MAVs are the Lakers because Lakers will have an off season to build around Lucas. I love that. Can you can you answer me one question? Can you can you just kip me ahead to May twelfth and tell me where to the Mavericks draft?
Speaker 2: Oh? Right, when do we find that out? May eleventh?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: No, just get ready in May twelfth. I don't know, Man, I don't know. I feel like we're due. If they get a top four pick, I'm gonna go ahead and say the Mavericks, now, would they would they trade that for a more usable piece of veteran or draft It's a great question, but man, it's a hell of an asset. Yeah, you know it's we're focused. We are hyper focused on this two and three year window because of the age and health of Anthony Davis and uh Kyrie. But I would also say they have a lot of good young players and good assets, and they're if they do get a top four pick, I mean they're going to have PJ. Washington, Gafford Lively, and a lottery pick in the top five from this year, all unto the age of twenty six. Okay, but but that's a big if to get in the top four. Will Is. Does Nico have the freedom to even cook like he would like to right now? Like, let's say that he comes up with some amazing trade, it might be hard to even I think he does. I just think I think if he didn't, he would be fired right now.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: But who's if he comes to the ownership and says, hey, I got a blockbuster deal. Are they going to even hear him out. Oh, they're gonna hear him out. They're gonna make some calls first, right, Like they more guardrails here, Yeah, there's more guard rail. I wouldn't be surprised if the first guy Patrick Dumont calls is Dirk honestly, right, Or they're also going to say, okay, now, wait a minute, we're not doing this, hey man, eleventh hour, We're gonna pull in people. You've got an assistant GM and matt Riccardi and Michael Finley both hold that position. So let's talk to all those guys. I just think the process will be different because of the national reaction. And you know the other thing too, is Patrick Dumont's a global business man. When the deal goes down, is he available? Is he somewhere else on the globe?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Is he and macau China?
Speaker 3: Like, I just think they'll do things differently because of the experience and all the backlash.
Speaker 2: But I still think.
Speaker 3: I think if Nico is gonna be the guy that's making the draft pick, there's no reason to believe Nico's not in charge. Did you hear Lebron last night when they were asking him about a center needing a center in his postgame press when you say he said, he goes I'm not going to comment, and they're like, why they go? Because Ad said we needed a center and he got traded the next week.
Speaker 2: Oh that's amazing.
Speaker 7: Damn.
Speaker 3: I mean, but let me ask you this, are you really going to care once the spur are rolling out wimby Giannis and dearon Fox to start next year? Just just prepare yourself for that.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, Mark that let me hear that again. So you think Giannis will go to San Antonio? I do four nights in May first, because I think that.
Speaker 3: I mean a lot of people are talking Oklahoma City, and I get it, But if you're Oklahoma City, do you want to disrupt this chemistry you have because I think I think, I think Oklahoma City and they're like, there's no guys on their old skuys like lou Dort. I mean, they're all babies, and they're and they're badass, and they love playing with each other and they still have a ton of assets. So just let's just see if it's a Boston Oklahoma City finals. I think Boston probably wins it one more time. But if you're Oklahoma City, are you are you gonna blow that up to add Giannis because you don't even know if Jannis and Shay will play great together?
Speaker 2: Right, like you have a thing. Meanwhile, the Spurs are like, dude.
Speaker 3: Have you seen how many picks the Spurs have, including the Mavericks twenty thirty pick. The Spurs have the Mavericks twenty thirty.
Speaker 2: That's going to be a top three pick. So oh no.
Speaker 3: They call Milwaukee and they go, hey, look at this that we're putting together three former first round players that currently start for us in three future lottery picks.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do Dames. That's what they should have got for Luca. That sucks, man. So I don't like talking about this stuff.
Speaker 3: That's a good point. Let's not talk about it, all right. Yeah golf, Yeah, let's not do that. Coming up next, there's been a murder and everyone's looking at a porn star as the guilty person. We'll talk about that. Note she's never had food like it. I think she said it was the best meal she's ever had in her life, and she's had some of the best food anyone's ever had cause she's one of the best players in the history of Yukon. That's exactly right. So get over to her Toddo barbecue and treat yourself now. Don't forget. We've been saying this a lot today because we're so excited about it. Tomorrow we're doing a live broadcast in Garland. You can come watch our show from three to six. But during our show or at some point during the extravaganza tomorrow at Fortunate Sun in Garland, Badass Pizza Joint THESL USL Dallas Soccer Club is going to announce their team name. We've known there's a USL team coming to Dallas. We just haven't been able to release the name or see the crest or the colors. And that's all happening tomorrow, so you can come be a part of sports history, watch that happen and hang out with us, drink some beer, eat some pizza at Fortunate Son in Garland. That's from three to six, and then after they're going to Intrinsic for a postgame party. Is that right? And that's man, that's a really cool brewery and they have great barbecue there, so you just can't miss dude. Yeah, I guess it's a post show party. But right now it stand for this. Give me that news quickie.
Speaker 6: Man, I've got a wild one right here, thirty five year old porn star Yoston Mosquera. By the way, porn star is used to liberally porn actor. That's a great point. What percentage of porn actors are stars? Like the best of the best?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How many? Name them off the top of your head? Ben Lisa and oh he's out, Well, I have name disease. I can picture him. I'm picturing him right now. You want me to tell you what I'm picturing? Yeah? Wait, what Christina is saying? Who did you say, I.
Speaker 2: Would just expect you to rattle off all the women, so good time. Bet, Yeah, it was the one you like.
Speaker 3: Johnny Savage, Johnny Sins, Johnny Sis, Peter North, Peter North, my guy, what man? Yeah, Kendre lust but hi Big Ben Alexis Texas.
Speaker 6: I saw her crawling around on some someone on TMZ the other.
Speaker 3: Day, crawling around sark that those are the big four, those are the only stars.
Speaker 6: So this guy's name Iso Justin Mosquerra, and he's accused of decapitating a couple. Oh that's told, before stuffing their remains in a suitcase.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: And these suitcases were found on a bridge over in England.
Speaker 2: Mate. Now he is.
Speaker 6: Denying the murder charges and innocent until proven guilty. I do believe in that the murders are sixty two year old Albert Alfonso and seventy one year old Paul Longworth.
Speaker 3: Okay, come on, man, what long a porn star married or murdered a guy named Longworth?
Speaker 2: Long girth?
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's twice his age, your honor. I was only guilty of murdering that ass.
Speaker 6: Prosecutor said, Well, a prosecutor said that. Mosquetra claimed he was having extreme sex. Oh extreme hens a quote, extreme sex with the sixty two year old Albert Alfonso at the time of the alleged attack.
Speaker 2: Isn't that possible? How extreme was it? Yeah? So poh uh, they popped the top.
Speaker 3: Off that thing.
Speaker 6: Apparently there's a clip of him singing and dancing after the attack too.
Speaker 2: That's gonna probably get him in court. What kind of a song. I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: This reminds me. He's probably sobbing and singing Happy birthday to me. Uh, he's probably kicking their heads like a soccer.
Speaker 2: Well, that was a weird one.
Speaker 3: I think, like, if you're murder guy and you end up taking the bodies and chopping them up and putting them in a suitcase, you kind of missed your calling because you easily could have just been you know, like autopsy and balmer guy and not like, no, you go to jail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just tough man.
Speaker 3: He may have wanted to go to jail for extreme sex. Yeah, the extreme sex. I wonder think about the extreme sex he could have in jail.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Now, according to the outlet The Guardian, Moscato was paid to engage in these sex acts with Alfonso, so Alfonso, the sixty two year old man is asking this thirty five year old guy to fly overseas and do me. And so that's well, that's.
Speaker 3: One of the quote unquote extreme sections taking place. So the other guy's watching, you know, Longworth was attacked first with the hammer to the head.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, the noggin I should say, probably was he not close enough.
Speaker 2: When you say a hammer, Yeah, that's a tough way.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Really, there's a lot of things that probably should reword.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got pounded to what you're saying with your reporting. Then a guy broke his skull here yep, and his body is now and let's show some reverence. Best in peace.
Speaker 2: There you go. He smashed He smashed him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but can we just show a little bit of respect to this guy whose remains are stuffed inside of Samsonit right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah? After that would be good after paying to watch extreme sex. I mean.
Speaker 2: Now it says here.
Speaker 6: That Albert alf Alfonso, the other guy, he was uh, he died of repeated stab wounds to his face and body. His body. So there's your news, quickie. Someone told me the other day, they said there's been some darker stories lately coming from Kevin, and I'm like, look, I don't make the news. I report on the news. Have you guys heard about the Connecticut cannibal. No, there's a guy who is about to be released from prison on good behavior, who has eaten people before, cannibal walking among us. That's gonna happen, dark story turner. I know, man, and I give you the details on that. Sometime in twenty thirty other I looked up the synonyms for the word head and did you know some people are calling the head the nut?
Speaker 3: Did you look it up on an urban dictionary.
Speaker 2: Let's stay ahead of it.
Speaker 6: Right here, big Today game, really good, next, beautiful stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really is beautiful stuff. Yeah, this is coming your way in just over three minutes. Don't go anywhere. The Today game next.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this speaking. You guys know what today is?
Speaker 6: Thursday, Mayday, Thursday, it's May first. Yeah, it's May first. So let's take a look at what we did in April. How about that? Oh that's great, Christina, you were gone last week when this happened. But Ben had the giggles on I think it was Wednesday of last week and he was discussing the joke was so funny in his head he couldn't get it out the.
Speaker 2: First time fast.
Speaker 6: So Ben was discussing his nickname and growing up. For years I was called.
Speaker 2: Oh what was it?
Speaker 3: For years I was called horse Dom?
Speaker 2: Why? I don't know by the coach.
Speaker 3: I don't know, because I think, Hi, horseedm get out here and give me twenty man. Come on the coaches. How you doing bush ups with no arms? Hey, horse Dom, get over here, horse Tom.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think it had to do with you share what horse dung. Come to think of it, I think it was horse even stranger who says dum? Who says dung? Socially Yeah, like people in Brad Baisley songs. Look, this is the worst show on the radio, and if you're listening to it, that says a lot about you.
Speaker 2: That's on your.
Speaker 3: Horse.
Speaker 2: Horse ass is a funny nickname for someone. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had someone asked me for my email address last night and I told him it was horse dong Rogers that get that butt dot org.
Speaker 2: And that is your Kentucky Derby preview. Why why is it?
Speaker 3: Are trying to get back bro get back community?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, one serving at a time.
Speaker 6: Now, I think, uh, the problem with the nickname conversation that we were having. Thank you guys for asking me about my nickname and how I got KT, which is pretty simple because my name is Kevin Turner. But here's the discussion that got real dark. It's like what a coach would start calling you, like in junior high and KT was easy? Is that what the coaches called to? What the coaches like the most about your athleticism? I think what it was is how limber?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh god, oh man? That got dark? They did they ever get caught taught doing what coaching.
Speaker 3: He stretched before, like every team pray, don't don't get defensive.
Speaker 2: You're talking about hot coaching.
Speaker 3: Hey man, it's okay, we're with you.
Speaker 2: I thought everyone played their role perfectly there.
Speaker 6: The only thing I would ask I have Arianna our backup is dropped that music out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the woe and Ben's la Ben's laughing. It was is how limber? Yeah? Oh god, oh man, that got dark? He's living?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: Snightly Whipper, last whip, last.
Speaker 2: Incredible cut back to four packs a day.
Speaker 6: Let's give Christina some shine well or she does she need to go put her nose in the corner. And this one is funny because also one person on the show didn't catch it.
Speaker 3: To your point that the guy who makes that Mike White note, maybe he walked up to the ledge.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna jump off the ledge. Yeah, not jumping.
Speaker 6: Pretty dark but not I were saying, because we're to get into the last of us this Sunday night. Yeah, and it's like that into Baby Billy's penis on the righteous gymstone.
Speaker 2: We are talking like a docking situation.
Speaker 3: But the penguin, the penguin that's taking it to the darkest place. Here's this sweet character and we're gonna murder him on camera. A man, I was gonna finally finish the penguin this week. We don't know which character I'm doing now, there's only one sweet character in the whole show. Ben. We're gonna put Christina in time out and we hits to the four o'clock hour. I think we're gonna play some Don Dawkin later in the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 3: We play rock music.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's the easy app for any docking joke. The band docin Christina, I.
Speaker 3: Don't even know what it means.
Speaker 2: Can we explain it, Christina.
Speaker 5: That's when a boat like goes up to the pier and they set up doc and they dock the boat.
Speaker 3: What is it a metaphor for? Yeah, it's a metaphor. What Oh, that's probably foreshadowing.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: Is one of the boats circumcised.
Speaker 2: Named that.
Speaker 6: Let's do one quick one right here, and then we'll come back with the more, with with the more, with some more. Actually I have two right here. They're very quick.
Speaker 2: Ben's had some some wild noises come out of him last month. Crazy. Yeah, it is crazy.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: It happens to the best of them. All right, there you have it. Man, I had a rough weekend, right all right, there you have it.
Speaker 3: Here we go Ben, Okay, So why why do we think that this movie was successful when so many other treats recently have not been? Your roller coaster took off before, when so many other treats recently have not been?
Speaker 2: Oh god, what some more here in a second? Right, all right?
Speaker 3: It is the Ben in Skin Show nine point one the Eagle. Now we are halfway through our April clips with a p of the month, and here with the clips is Kevin Turner.
Speaker 6: Now, Skin made it out pretty easy of the last segment, So we should start out with him.
Speaker 2: Great, this is a very confusing phrase that he brought up.
Speaker 6: We were discussing Chance the Rapper for some reason, and I don't I don't even know why this happened.
Speaker 3: Guys, Chance the Rappers thirty two. You know, he's just waiting for some stuff to pop.
Speaker 2: You waiting for some stuff to pop? You know what they about?
Speaker 3: Anyone?
Speaker 2: Hello, guy, your age shital You could say.
Speaker 3: That about anyone.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: Anyone that you haven't heard from it a while. What are they doing? Well, they're just waiting for some stuff to pop. Ald friend of fifteen years now, he's just waiting for some stuff to pop. I challenge every listener to bring this up in a conversation with someone. Hey, whatever happened to your cousin, Joel? I think he's just waiting for some stuff to pop. Guys, career, ma'am.
Speaker 6: We should give Skin a little bit of credit for how he ended the show one day, though.
Speaker 3: I think like there's just a whole generation of people, or a couple of generations of people that are like, oh, so that's my dad.
Speaker 2: Interesting, I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I told you guys, this we have a whole new half sister on Tricia's fat family that we never knew he had. And her dad was like, I remember that lady went back to Sweden right after our day. Never knew Wow, and then you know she reaches out to him when she's fifty.
Speaker 2: Happened to down Nelson? Was there contraception back then?
Speaker 3: I mean, dude, it just didn't feel as good. Christina, are you going to play music before.
Speaker 2: The MAVs game?
Speaker 7: Shit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I got a little bit. I'm going to play. What are you thinking of playing the good stuff? Yeah, we'll see you tomorrow. That's a horrible retort by me.
Speaker 3: Well, all the way to end it, you were just waiting for some stuff.
Speaker 2: I was just in shock by what you said.
Speaker 6: My question stands, was their contraception in the like when we're condoms in then?
Speaker 2: Hey, Siri, I can't believe I'm googling it.
Speaker 3: This is what it control was when mid eighteen hundred? When were condoms invented?
Speaker 2: Ancient Egypt one thousand BC?
Speaker 3: Really, I mean the rhythm method goes back to dinosaurs.
Speaker 6: LATEX nineteen twenties.
Speaker 5: Get this.
Speaker 6: Charles Goodyear patented the process of vulcanizing rubber. Those rubber condoms in eighteen fifty five. Shout out to Spot so pretty cool tires, goodyear. If you'd like to do business, email me Kevin Turntmedia.
Speaker 2: Dot Com send that air tech to him right now. Eddie Martinez so happy.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: It was like a national vibe. We'll figure it out.
Speaker 3: They started off they were made of linen.
Speaker 2: Linen. Oh you can wash them, yes, so reusable gum. Worse for the girl.
Speaker 3: Take it out to the bucket of soap. Here's a Ben's wild tease from last week. Fascinating right before, right before live Spot with one of our valued clients. Fascinating discussion. All right, coming up next? Uh should porn be taught in school? One school belief? So you've got to hear this story. Don't go anywhere. That's next before we get there. Orchard dot com right now, Orchard dot com. Wow, Orchard dot com. That prompted a message from our California friend, Jesse Kubadet, who was listening.
Speaker 6: Look, this is something that happened a while back, beginning of the month in April. As we're going through the best clips of the show from April, though, the one thing that happened on the show over the last month, though, that I was asked about at parties right, ask you encounters in public?
Speaker 2: You know, people were bringing this one up. Sorry.
Speaker 6: Here we go, and it begins with skin discussing the Washington Wizards lineup.
Speaker 2: For some reason.
Speaker 3: Here's who was on the floor for Washington though, Bob Carrington, love him. A. J. Johnson, J. T. Thor my guy, Anthony Gill and Tristan Vukcevich.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So Washington was doing their best to win that game. And Sacramento. I still spit the day.
Speaker 2: Have you seen there? It's like a Ji league. Maybe it was a two way guy from Washington. Dev Hour, Wait, who's this for? For Washington? What's his name? He's like Skinny three point shog dev Hour? Okay, is he a draft pick for him? Dev Hour? Des nuts.
Speaker 3: I want to thank everyone for tuning into the Eagle.
Speaker 2: The most shocking picks I've ever heard said coming up next to today game. Okay, there you go. It's good, Dev Hour.
Speaker 3: People ask me about it at parties too. Yeah, can you invite Kevin to this party so he can ask him about that time?
Speaker 2: It was just so good because the questions are coming back. Wait, wait, will use draft draft had no idea?
Speaker 6: Also does the beginning of does the beginning of the Washington Wizards lineup?
Speaker 2: Does this suck a boy band to you?
Speaker 3: Here's who was on the floor for Washington though, Bob Carrington love him? A. J.
Speaker 2: Johnson, J. T. Thorpe, J T Ay.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 6: We were discussing to get why Brad Paisley was the NFL Draft concert headliner. This is the moment of the month, and uh, we're just kind of looking at some of his songs and how he got him.
Speaker 2: What's his most famous song, Brad Paisley.
Speaker 6: I think it's the one where he's having sex with those fish but on the tires too.
Speaker 3: Oh man, my hat. I think it's my hat is my heart. No, this bitch won't shut up?
Speaker 2: That's it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: What about that's a dog right there? Oh? What about?
Speaker 3: What about this song where he identifies dogs? We danced Mike a song about looking back at everything? He goes, what am I gonna call it?
Speaker 2: Call it?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: I got another song called ate something. Last night, wait, hold on something? I was doing caught supper round there at the gas station.
Speaker 3: That's another one. Just it's just the most banal observational stuff. This roadt this.
Speaker 2: Road standardy well, everything's got some deep meaning.
Speaker 3: What you mean metaphor? Boy?
Speaker 2: Just say what you see?
Speaker 3: What do you mean metaphor? I met her so I can have sex with her. That's what I'm meta for.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Coming up next, we'll turn our attention back to the Dallas Cowboys. Of course, back to the Dallas cow Oh that was so good, Ben, so good. All right, Coming up next, we've been laughing a lot, but something got really serious in the news and we will take a look at it because it was scary, and we will do it next right here on ninety seven point one Dague.
Speaker 4: And now it's time for Basis Sweet Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fon tweets hear of the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 6: All Right, a man is in critical condition after a twenty one foot fall from his seat last night. This is during the Pirates and Cubs game. And this happened Pirates outfielder Andrew McCutchen. You know, he has a base hit, so players are running around the bases. Yeah, he had like a two run double players run around the bases, and this is not captured by TV cameras. There was cell phone cover at least I haven't seen any TV cameras, but there's cell phone footage that you can get of someone who just happened to be able to see it.
Speaker 2: And then it's kind of far away and this guy falls from the front row.
Speaker 6: They're calling it the Roberto Clemente Wall, so it's not quite as high as like your traditional second deck of a ballpark would be, but it's still higher than the normal like wall, and he lands on the warning track, shirtless, and it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I did see, by the way, one you guys might have seen this. I did see one shot from the broadcast that was from behind home plate where you could see I guess it's McCutcheon round and second and you can see it in the background.
Speaker 2: And I did see that. Oh wow, i'n't seen that one.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's not like a close up of him, but it's just a shot from behind the catcher and you just see something falling in the background. First thing I thought of was the firefighter who passed away at the ballpark. She havingstone. Yeah, yeah, Shenonstone statue. I was there covering that game in the press box, and I remember someone in the media made a quip like they kind of laughed, and I was like, man, that's concrete down there, Like have you ever been back here?
Speaker 2: That's concrete? Like he's that's not good. And I think that was like ten or eleven.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know how high that was actually because that was the old ballpark, in the big left field wall, but twenty one feet is a long waist. Now, this immediately breaks out on Twitter and you have people going, didd he jump, And honestly, if you are watching it from far away on the cell phone camera footage, it does look like he rose and jumped. But then if you zoom in and then you slow it down, you can see him trying to grab for it, and it looks like he slipped.
Speaker 3: He like rose and like maybe the rail was slick or something, and some like it's high. So it's still not it's not even above your like up to your waist if you were standing up. I always get nervous and upper decked. Oh yeah, you always do too. Yeah, I didn't think he jumped because his body was spinning. Yeah, you know, like you're gonna But even if you think about so twenty one feet, that's basically two stories, right, Like jumping completely off to a second story building. Man, that would be tough to do, even if you were planning it. Like if you were in a two story building that was on fire and you had to jump, I would just assume you'd break both your legs if you did that, right, especially at our age. Yeah, and that dude spun over that rail and just went hurling towards earth. I can't believe he's alive because he lands on his back and neck. Yeah he did, he did, get I didn't see how he landed well.
Speaker 6: But I guess you know, again from that footage from that cell phone, it's it's far away, so maybe you can't tell. His face is real bloody because he's on his back when the EMS crews are out there and you see, you know, I did see the clip of the you know, the TV badcast where the Pirates players like all motion, that's all they can show, you know, right right, and they're all running out there, so I don't know. They also said they only had eleven thousand fans in attendants. It's a weird, you know, aside here.
Speaker 5: But it's.
Speaker 2: Like, no one's going to those games.
Speaker 3: I guess, man, I you know, has mccutch and Ben and Pittsburgh the entire time he went away for a little bit, he did came back because I was sitting there going, is he there? Michael Young?
Speaker 2: Has he just been there forever? He went to the Phillies for a.
Speaker 3: Bit and then came back. Uh, let's let's focus on the shirtless part. Is that allowed anywhere to sporting man just at any time, just you're welcome to go shirtless. I think baseball is different because and they're they're ballparks outdoors right. Oh yeah, yeah, I think baseball I think it. Well, I shouldn't say baseball. I think football stadiums and baseball stadiums that are outdoors. I think it's common to see because you know, dudes will paint their boobs. Yeah yeah, you know, what's the temperature up there in Pittsburgh too?
Speaker 6: I mean talking if it's ninety degrees in Pittsburgh, that's that's that's a lot for them to handle, Oh for them, specifically for them people of Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like hot for them. Yeah, So that's all I was kind of kind of.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: That was another thing, the shirt off. Someone did tweet They're like, yeah, I don't really like They're like, yeah, he definitely. This was the tweet from one person on Twitter. Imagine that was he definitely jumped.
Speaker 2: He was shirtless.
Speaker 6: And someone was like, look, people attend these games shirtless all the time. I remember sitting out in the outfield too, now that I'm thinking about it, I remember the early days of Cuban. He would let shirtless guys get in the arena for free. Remember when he was just rowdy fans from the plaza. I just, uh, yeah, I wonder, I wonder what his blood alcohol level is going to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah too, because if you just see somebody shirtless falling, You're like, Okay, they're partying, they're having a great time, and just got it. Got to be a dangerous situation.
Speaker 2: All right, Kerry, very very scary story. All right.
Speaker 3: Coming up next, it's the Big Finish and I'm gonna bring you five new songs from the Internet. That's right coming up next in less than four minutes, The Scroll Patrol, Don't miss It, Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: It is The Ben and Skin Show ninety some point one. The Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today.
Speaker 3: Don't forget Ben and I are partners in a brewery up in Salina called Rollertown beer Works, and we're so proud of it and we love having people come on up there and hang out with us. Now, this is a really big weekend because we're kind of having our pre Sinco de Mayo weekend. And you're sitting here going, Okay, what old does that entail? Well, I got a little something for you. One of my favorite people food entities to come out to Rollertown is Jazzy Tacos. They're going to be there with Big Lou Mitchellatas. And one of the things that we're doing is we are celebrating the release of our incredible Mexican lagger, the Umbre Lobo Man. It is a fantastic Mexican lagger. We bring it out this time of year every year, and now is the time. So going up there and enjoy it. It's gonna be a great weekend up there. We have live comedy. We had seth on earlier talking about his show. Well, we're gonna have live comedy at Rollertown on Saturday night and it is free, so if you want to get any of that in this weekend, by all means out up to Rollertown Beer Works, And of course you can get it at restaurants like Fortunate Sun where We're gonna be tomorrow, good Friend, the Nook, American Airline Center, chop Shop, all these great places carry Rollertown asked for it by name. But right now it's time for this oh yeah, yeah things on.
Speaker 1: This scowling.
Speaker 2: Big oh troll bung and this snake some school.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 2: I just said, it's screw Thank you, Steve. It is the Scroll Patrol.
Speaker 3: And I've been Rodgers know how to use the Internet a little bit better than my coworkers. They're just scared of tainting their algorithm, and I specifically search for taint on my algorithm. So it's great work when I can just bring some new things to them. And one of the things I've been stumbling across of late are just really really bad songs. There's no barriers to entry to the social media music industry. All you got to do is be able to make a video, make a song.
Speaker 2: Boom.
Speaker 3: It's out there in the world, and for some reason, the algorithm loves feeding me these terrible songs. Now, usually we listen to the songs and we all pick a winner and try to determine what is the best of the worst songs based on our own criteria. And last week or last time we did it, we were deadlocked two to two, and so we should probably revisit that before we get started.
Speaker 6: Katie, let's break that time here, Shut the f up by Clever and Blade.
Speaker 2: Hey man, I just want to let you know that sometimes and this current time is just one of those times. All right, pretty good? I love it.
Speaker 6: Me and Christina voted for that, but you guys voted for making Cheese at Night by Clooner about white, I need.
Speaker 1: A bit of gift top Taylor Swift new heikes if she ain't doing long, I'm a pass.
Speaker 2: My price.
Speaker 3: Like gas Chicken.
Speaker 1: Then late on a Sunday, they hate me like Garfield hate.
Speaker 2: Monday Rappers camp me. I never gave them considered.
Speaker 4: A right.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with you guys? The song you pick just sounds like cake. It just sounds like a cake song. I'm sure they probably actually it's a cake cover song. More LCD sounds.
Speaker 2: I thought the same thing. More LCD. We're bouncing on irs.
Speaker 3: The spirit of this segment is clearly what Klooner is doing.
Speaker 2: Wait, what's his name? Is that enough to swing it?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: You vote for what song you like the most. I like that one the most.
Speaker 3: All right, so uh still deadline?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, here we go on to shoot a No, you can do it. You can do it against skin for the wind all right?
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh we're doing the rock one to shoot, one to shoot. Clooner gets the wind.
Speaker 3: Hey, can you guys can go listen to that North Texas alternative station. I'll be playing that cake song a little later today, so Clooner gets a chance to advance this week. There's five new songs you guys have to hear. Uh Now, I have a hard time remembering if I've brought these songs to the table at any point over the last