Speaker 1: Take your info to go.
Speaker 2: I'm listening to my heart powered.
Speaker 1: By fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 3: Five O five.
Speaker 1: I think you bout k r C the talk station. Well a vacation.
Speaker 4: What happy?
Speaker 1: That pretty much sums it up. Joe, I was sitting on the edge of my seat waiting and figure out what Joe. What's sound by? Joe is going to lead the program off which I'll be Joe's Trucker Executi producer at fifty five Carsy Morning Show'm Brian Thomas, host of the fifty five Casey Morning Show and offering, as I always do, an open invitation if listeners want to call in something on your mind, topic you want to focus on, feel for you to steer us in that direction. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three Talk Pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. A very happy Monday to everybody. Thanks for tuning into the program, and stick around because it is Monday, meaning we're gonna hear from Christopher Smith and former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati Every Monday at seven twenty with the Smither vent no idea what he's going to talk about. I never do, but I always enjoy hearing his thoughts and his comments. A man of logic and reason he is, and someone who as a financial planner probably is interested in the Moodies downgrade, and we're going to talk about that with Brian James. It is Monday. We do Money Monday with Brian James every Monday at eight oh five. We'll talk to the Moody's credit rating down grade and the reasons for it, which apparently the Republicans have no concept over. I'm so so upset with the Republicans over this so called big beautiful bill. It's kind of running off the rails anyhow, it did come out of committee last night. But we'll talk about the details of that coming up. The homes starter home market in Cincinnati topic number two with Brian James. And finally, big summer vacations apparently out of style considering the cost of things and not shocking to me, but we'll find out the reasons behind that with Brian James. Eighth five, followed by Tim Hester. He's a Cincinni native and Air Force veteran served in Iraq. Thank you for your service to our country, Tim Hester, he's promoting the PBS documentary Defying Death on the Atlantic tenth anniversary the Field of Memory celebration honoring the brave men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice serving our country. Arlington Memorial Gardens obtained the exclusive rights of this premiere. The PBS documentary documentary tells the story this is crazy four man rowing team of Air Force veterans. They called the team Team Fight or Die, or spelled oar with a little but I'm bump. So Team Fighter Die embarked on a perilous three thousand mile ocean rowing race called the World's Toughest Row. How about signing up for that, Joe. Anyways, back in twenty twenty two, boat had capsized when they were hit by a thirty foot twell ended up spending eighteen hours in a life draft before being miraculously rescued. So that's the backstory behind the documentary. It should be a rather interesting conversation with Tim Hester. So that'll take place at eight forty anyhow, for we move on to other things, like Moody's down, Gray, I see Luke's on the phone. Let's see what Luce got to say? This morning, Luke, thanks for calling the morning showing a very happy Monday to you, sir.
Speaker 5: Yeah, happy Monday, Brian. I'm just here, you know of PA. Public announcements remain every year about you know, the notchal disaction at Kentucky, and they just had me thinking, you know, we're.
Speaker 6: Dead or number pretty close to a number I can't fathom mathematically realistically.
Speaker 5: But what I can a fat him is, anytime there's a notch disaster here at home in America.
Speaker 6: There should be a part of the garment should be there with the dag on silver platter to pick that family up. We've given so much money, I mean, we camorrhage money like it's nothing. But the minute there's some real disaster here in America back like they can't find the fund so they can't, you know, figure out how to get it in the budget or some bureaucracy something that just makes us all angry.
Speaker 5: It's so stupid.
Speaker 6: We see it in our regular business in life. But the government actually they can't figure out how to cut a check. They should be there with freaking one hundred dollars bills. NSAMI truck I get took in the Middle East to take care of our citizens that have been through the national disaster and lost their home.
Speaker 1: Well, I hear the anger in your voice, look and I share it. But let's face it, anytime you turn to a bloated federal government for relief and efficiency, you're barking up the wrong tree. They've demonstrated incompetence in every single area of government. This is just one more where they botch it. I mean, you can't anticipate when and where a natural disaster will strike, but they seem to be able to find money for everything else on the planet, and yet when it comes to the American citizens and their well being, You're right, priorities seem to be out of whack. I can't deny that. I can't deny it, but I share your frustration generally. But my frustration with federal government goes way beyond FEMA, and it's incompetence. And with that, let me give a plug for Matthew twenty five ministries. They are doing a great job dealing with the Midwest tornadoes. Respond to the devastating tornadoes across the Midwest. M twenty five M M twenty five M dot org. That's where your dollar is going to go. The farthest I am. I'm not affiliated anyway with that ministry. I just know they do great work and they have practically no overhead. So a donation Matthew twenty five is going to mean money and resources and supplies getting to the people that actually need it, well oiled machine, unlike FEMA. So we are the most charitable people on the planet when it comes to things like this, And so maybe we can keep that in mind, help fulfill Maybe you have a Christian responsibility to help your fellow men. Maybe not Christian, and maybe it's just sort of general philosophy, ethics, morality, whatever happens to be, whatever drives it. There are ways to help out that don't involve the federal government. And again this is why I feel so sorry for people who are stuck and hooked up to the milical court of federal government. More and more people every year as we discuss medicaid and curbing the Medicaid dollars spent. One of the reasons Moody's downgraded US is because the growing burden financing the federal government's budget deficit and the rising costs rolling over existing debt amid higher interest rates. Yeah, one of the reasons we've got a massive budget debt is because they expanded medicaid to a whole bunch of people that can work and should be working. And I can't believe the Republicans fighting against themselves and amongst themselves someonet to keep the medicaid expansion. There that the work requirement under the prior bill, and I'm not sure if they've ratcheted back, although promises have been made to some of the more conservative Republicans are fighting for sanity, that they will move the work obligation back from previously twenty twenty nine. Why do you have to wait so long to put a work mandate in therefore able bodied people. Anyhow, you set to demonstrate that you're trying. And I keep pointing out the trades. What a wonderful opportunity for some folks who are hooked up to the Biblical court of government. Dicey proposition that given the finite number of dollars we have in the world and the fact that we keep blowing through more than they actually take in. According to the statement for Moody's, this one notch downgrade and our twenty one notch rating scale reflects the increase over more than a decade in government debt and interest payment ratios to levels that are significantly higher than similarly rated sovereigns HM. They say this lower credit profile will probably have to lift the yield that people demand in order to buy US treasury debt to reduce to reflect more risk, and could dampen sentiment toward owning US assets, including stocks. Now apparently the other credit rategencies already done this to US. Moody's described as a holdout in keeping our sovereign debt at the highest debt rating possible or credit rating possible, but now brings Moodies in line with its rivals at standard and poor. Downgraded US in August of twenty eleven. Pitch Ratings downgraded US in August of twenty twenty three. It just took Moodies a lot longer, Moody's analysts in the statements. Successive US administrations in Congress have failed to agree on measures to reverse the trend of large annual fiscal deficits and growing interest costs. We do not believe that material multi year reductions in mandatory spending and deficits will result from current fiscal proposals under consideration. The big beautiful bill. I think that's what that is in reference to and no kidding headlines Wall Street Journal this morning, the stark math on the GOP tax plan. It doesn't cut the deficits. The plan will not reduce federal budget deficits and would make them America's fiscal hole deeper. Current proposal projected buzzet it will increase projected budget deficits by nearly three trillion dollars through twenty thirty four, walking in tax cuts and spending increases that outweigh reductions and spending on medicaid and nutrition assistance. So they're getting some, but they're not doing enough. Some Republicans are claiming that higher economic growth is the growth is going to fill the gap, but that's not exactly in line with many budget analysts, particularly given the murky landscape dealing with these tariffs that are in place. So I don't I really don't know what to say. There's more details on this, obviously, we can get into them. But I'm so so thoroughly disappointed. You got so called moderate Republicans clinging to their green energy projects because they happen to be in their state, even though they never would have been there but for that sort of inflation Reduction Act, which had nothing to do with reducing inflation but everything to do with with funding these green new projects. You got other Republicans in big medicaid expansion states that don't want to come medicate. They're afraid of losing their seats. And we could go on and on and on, and of course the farms are protected. I have nothing against the American farmers, matter of fact, I have a profound respect for it. But you know what, you don't need corn subsidies. We don't need to be putting corn in our gas tanks, and yet there they are. Farmers are capable of growing other crops that are in demand. Corn isn't the only one. I'm sure it's far more complicated than that. But really the subsidy is there, and the support for corn growing is there because of the ethanol mandates. Let's just get rid of those, shall we. The demand for ethanol will go down. We won't have to put in our gas tank anymore. It's not like we're short on oil. Five sixteenth and five kr s talk station. I got New Hampshire, Gary and Jay on the line. You both are next in the order in which they receee, which means Gary's first Jay. Hang on, be right back after these brief words, fifty good Monday, Happy Monday to you. Try to make it so anyway, I gotta go over to the bones, says Promise. I got two callers on the line five one three seven two three talk in the order in which they're received, New Hampshire, Gary, welcome back to the Morning show.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Brian. Hey, I gotta tell you you didn't mention anything about the Supreme Court this week some Friday. I have to tell you, I am, I am disgusted with the Supreme Court, but I understand I wasn't shocked of what the Supreme Court did. And I think what we see here with the budget and the courts, they're just a bunch of political hacks. They get to their nng os, they give to their the military complex, they give to their teacher unions. They got the police and fire they've got, and I just can go on and on with the environmental groups, the farmers and every and even doge is plainly showing and it's only a fraction, only a fraction. What's going on is all the waste and the stealing, all out just flat out stealing and the political hackery of these judges. They're political acts didn't surprise me. Tens of millions of illegal immigrants came in, not US citizens, came in over the last four years. Now we're going to have to give each one due process. They're not US citizens. They're not titled to all the rights that we are entiled to as civilians. Or you're going to start handed all the illegal immigrants Second Amendment rights and let them take up arms as much as they want, you know, And then I see and no Napolitano, God bless his soul, but you know he's standing up for NS thirteen people that have it symbolized on their knuckles. And you know, you've got people like this that they're all, no, we've got to give them due process. We everything, mark my word, everything that's being done is going to be undone just as fast in four years, if not faster. Because you can see this thing coming to a wind own as we're going broke, you know you can. I can see it. Sorry, I'm.
Speaker 1: I was wondering how you saw this great undoing that your reference in what way, shape or form is that undoing going to occur? Because The problem is I see it now. The Supreme Court did say that these illegal immigrants were entitled to more due process than the administration allowed them, more than just twenty four hours notice. They have to have an opportunity to you know, have a hearing in court, you know, so there's some due process all. The court didn't articulate specifically how much. But it's not a full it's not they're not entitled to a full hearing with you know, judge and jury and all that. And so there's there's it's some sort.
Speaker 7: Of missed the state. Ryan, when they get that tangled up in court, your white back where you're started, right, because you know that's no matter what they do, that's going to get tangled up.
Speaker 1: But how does this great undoing, How does this great undoing occur that you're referring to, because we're talking about literally millions and millions of people that are entitled I guess some form of hearing. So how's that all going to get undone?
Speaker 7: Well, you know, tens of billions of people made it into this country and everybody he opened, they pore the gates down.
Speaker 1: No, I know how we got here? How do how does it? How does it get undone, you.
Speaker 7: Undo it the same way that it was done. No process in, no process, out, you're out, you're done.
Speaker 1: Well, that's going to be that's going to require defying the highest court in the land. So I can't see that actually happening unless there's a revolution exactly.
Speaker 7: That's why I see an undoing here.
Speaker 1: So you're talking about rep you're talking about some sort of internal revolution.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, I don't think it's going to be. I think what is going to happen is exactly what they wanted to happen. We're going to file bankruptcy.
Speaker 1: Oh well yeah, they're going to.
Speaker 7: Create a new constitutional crisis and they're going to create the new constitution and we're not going to have any say in it whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Well, that remains me seen. Now, there's a lot of people out there in the world that would take up arms and events something like that would happen. But yeah, we face an existential threat. It's our spending and it's our debt, and then we're we're not going to be able to fund literally any programs, including like, for example, the Social Security program. And you're gonna have thousands and tens of millions of seniors that aren't going to have a check coming in because well, we've wrecked the FIA currency. Yeah, that's I mean, the writing's been on the wall for a long time. It's one of the reasons. Moodies was very gentle, but did point out that we have a massive spending problem, your credit ratings being downgraded. As scoch we're still one of the best in the entire world, and nonetheless here we find ourselves. It's a frightening position to be in. Get Jay. Let's get Jay in here. He's been kind enough the way, Jay, Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning, Brian.
Speaker 7: Hey.
Speaker 8: I wanted to point out that with this medicaid expansion, if you go back in time and I listened to your podcast from last week, you had an expert on he was talking about medicaid fraud. Yeah, which was excellent and it really explains Mike the line and the behaviors that we saw in Columbus where when he was running for governor he was against medicaid expansion. When Obama administration was dangling the carrot out there that we were the federal government was going to pay for just call it medicaid fraud. We're just going to lower the bar and let everybody in. And hey, I know you Red states, because let's just say there's thirteen Blue states and thirty seven Red states. Ish he told them, I understand you don't want to pay for it. We'll pay for it for the first three years, and then after that. Your guest said, they make nine dollars. I think it was like, for every ten dollars spent to get a healthy person on Medicaid, the state gets to keep ninety or something like that. Or the state makes nine dollars for every healthy person. So huge incentive to get healthy.
Speaker 9: Peape one there.
Speaker 8: So that explains why the wine went from being against.
Speaker 3: It to being for it. And I can blame the wine all day long.
Speaker 8: But evidently there was twenty seven Red states it took the deal. So if we said, what's the true root cause, the true root cause is the way that we currently have this government structured. The federal government down in DC is the parent and the states are acting like children. Or let me say a little more harshly, DC is the pimp and the states are the whore. And until we fix that, nothing's going to change. Because I understand the Red States are saying, Look, if we don't take this deal, these other states are going to take the deal. So we might as well line up what good subservient horrors and get at least our share, because if we don't, it doesn't help us at all. So to build on New Hampshire, Gary, would I would I go back to it? It can be a bloodlesh revolution. Let's do the national divorce. Can we not agree that the biggest national security threat to this country are the Blue States and the Democrat Party. And until we see that and we tell them, we'll be as close to you as we are to Canada and Mexico. But your bad ideas are wrecking this country. And we got to get where this makes states great again. Put a federal government back in its box if you can, and make it only for defense and trade as it was in the Constitution. Anything short of that is we are going to just bet and hope that people that have all the power and all of the control Washington, DC is no different in Beijing, and this country is no different in China, where there's a thousand people that have ninety nine percent of the power and control. That's what has to change. And until that changes it's just lip service. We're just asking humanity to do something humanity has never done or only done once, maybe at the beginning of this country. But we've got to get rid of the We have to do this amicable separation. There is no compromise between life and abortion. There is no compromise between huge government and small government, between freedom and tranny.
Speaker 7: And it's okay to have that conversation.
Speaker 8: It's almost seems taboo that we won't even go down that path.
Speaker 3: I don't hear the conversation anymore.
Speaker 1: Well, the devil's in the details on something like that, Jay, How would we get from here to there and what would it take? And that's where you're the big concerns come in because absence something like a depression or a major financial collapse with the Fiat currency or something like that, I don't hear the will or see the will from our elected officials. Appreciate the call, Jay, have a great Monday and the rest of the week you're buying a new home or fancying your refinanciing your existing mortgage, you need to get in touch with Suzette Low's camp with Cross Country Mortgage. She is amazing been in the business more than thirty five years. She knows everything there is no about mortgage is number one in customer service. You can't find a better person for customer service. She'll get right back with and you reach out to her. So expect in demand personal service from your perspective mortgage lunder and that's what you get. She delivers on that each and every day. No junk fees, no app fees, great rates at the lower costs, and can help anyone anywhere in the United States, including our friends in Puerto Rico. That's cross country mortgage. So get in touch with her. Tell Brian said high five to one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. Send her an email. Suzet dot Low's camp LOSC kamps dot Los camp at CCM dot com.
Speaker 10: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: This week's marketers posted and it is a local story since it talks about City of Cincinnati's financial state. Truth in Accounting at the University of Denver published at twenty twenty five what they call Financial State of the City's report ranked seventy five of US cities according to their financial condition. You know where we show up sixty seven out of seventy five, earning us a D rating almost at the very bottom of the of the list. Columbus got a see they ranked at thirty seven. Cleveland got a B, coming in at number five. Gordon the Porta calculated the taxpayer burden for each Cincinnati taxpayer thirteen thousand, four hundred dollars per taxpayer, again sixty seventh, worst of the seventy five ranked accord to truth in accounting that burden, that tax burn a thirteen thousand, four hundred dollars. That's how much each Cincinnaia taxpayer would have to pay to eliminate Cincinnati's non capital debt, which would be on top of the taxes they've already paid this to the city. So how long has the city been run by Democrats? Too long answer from Joe Streker. You're right, Joe. You get a gold star for the right answer. H What started out as a normal traffic stop and Sharonville ended with a massive police chase happened Saturday evening. Routine stop for a fictitious license plate violation about five point thirty in the evening. According to Scharonville Police Department. Things got shaken up when the driver fled the scene, striking the officer's cruiser, and they ignored multiple orders to stop. Police pursued the suspect nearly thirty minutes before using stop sticks. Suspect identified as Alicia Joyce Bryan, who's fifty four from Hamilton, Ohio, charged with attempted to sell a police officer, felony, fer to comply with a police officer, drug paraphernalia, driving under suspension, and a fictitious license plate. Also had an standing warren from Butler County forty five year old Kevin Gabbard in the vehicle. He's been charged with tampering with evidence. Gabbart also had an open warrant through a high open parole authority. No injuries, thankfully, and it's all v vake Ramaswami. Attorney General David Josh spended his campaign for governor. Made the announcement Friday afternoon. This is one week after the High Republican Party overwhelmingly endorsed the vake Ramaswami. Yos wrote an email to his supporters, this is time to protect Ohio, not a time for family squabble I've spoken at length with many people whose advice and wisdom I respect, and having come to this decision quickly or easily, launched his campaign in January, describing himself as a principled conservative, and his campaign suspension announcements reported that Yos said the fight to become a house next governor was more than an uphill climb. Said is also apparent that a steep cli to the nomination for governor has become a vertical cliff. I do not wish to divide my political party in my state with a quixotic battle over the small differences between my vision and that of my opponent. I am simply not that important, wells, because his vision is his platform was really pretty much identical to be vag Ramaswami. And Ramaswami a widely popular guy, of course Cincinnati native. So I'm not quite sure if that's going to benefit the city of Cincinnati if he becomes elected governor, which appears likely at this juncture, but I think it's a step in the right direction. I do believe that David Yos made the right decision in backing out, basically seeing the writing on the wall five one, three, seven fifty eight hundred eight two three talk go with pound five fifty on at and T funds only have a few stack of stupid stories this morning, So welcome the opportunity to hear from a listener if you've got something you want to talk about. And we strongly recommend Gate of Heaven Cemetery for quiet reflection. And how about Memorial Day?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Gate of Heaven gave me some information about their Memorial Day. A Monday, May twenty sixth Memorial Day presentation at a place called the Priest Mounted Gateway at Gate of Heaven Cemetery of Montgomery Road. The annual Memorial Day Fields Mass celebrated by Archbishop Robert Stray at eleven am for my Catholic friends, a patriotic rosary in the Veterans Garden. Sacred day, but prayer, remembrance and gratitude for those who served and all loved ones interred. So gather on the blessed grounds of Gate of Heaven to honor the faith, freedom and sacrificed. It is open to the public and you don't have to be Catholic to go. Everybody's welcome to remember these veterans who pay the ultimate price and service of their country for information. Get all the details at gateof Heaven dot org. That's Gate of Heaven dot org.
Speaker 10: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station, the Riveting.
Speaker 1: Pudd and a happy Monday to you friend Thomas in fviting phone calls. I appreciate hearing from folks. And we're going to go to the phones right now. Five point three seven four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty twenty three Taco with fifty on AT and T phone. So before we get to the stack of stupid, let's see what Bobby's got this morning. Bobby, Happy Monday to you, sir.
Speaker 4: Happy Monday, my brother, Keep holding that flag of freedom up high, trying to do it, trying to do it. I want to go ahead and command the Republican Party in the state of Ohio, making an early endorsement or the fake yeah, because I feel and a lot of other people feel that there's nothing but a shot across the bow against Mike Dwan.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this is the end of the old Guard with a vvake Ramaswamy over it was like a sixty to three vogue with the Ohio Republican Party. Don't quote me on that, but it was so overwhelming the support for Ramaswamy. I think it's definitely a shot at the Dwine and the old guard.
Speaker 4: Well Man also, But look at his reluctant Stephen putting somebody in the vice president's position right down here in Cincinnati, waved till the last minute, and.
Speaker 1: They're just fed up with they're tired of it.
Speaker 4: And while the times people don't want to have to step out on the bow of the ship to jump off and use their opinions against the governor, but it's time. It should have happened a long time ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think your comments along those lines are probably met with a lot of support among my listening audience. That's the general theme that the callers have revealed over the years during the Dwine administration. You can go back and fault him for all the COVID edicts and mandates and everything else that we had going on in the state of Ohio, obviously in star contrast to Florida, for example, which managed to come out just quite nicely without having to lock anything down. So yeah, there's a lot of reasons to be upset with the Wine and maybe we'll have some herding of cats under a new administration with the Vega Ramaswami. Because lord knows, Columbus is a real mystery. If you're a Republican or Republican leaning, you just wonder why they can't seem to get their act together and why they do some of the things that they do, like six hundred million dollars for the Cleveland Browns. Anyway, let's go to the stack of stupid and go to Los Angeles. Something's got to give. So we have a Los Angeles business owner found what they describe as a novel way to keep homeless people from camping near his building, playing an annoying children's song called baby Shark on a Loop. Now, I'm not sure if you've heard baby Shark, but once that gets in your head, it's an earworm that has a difficult time going away. It is annoying as hell. I even asked Joe Strecker if you had it around he could access it. He just looking. He goes, I'm not playing baby Shark. Court to one of the women who lives in the encampment next door to the building playing Baby Shark on a Loop. Sad this they played baby Shark all night long. They're doing everything they can to make us move or drive us crazy, but it's doing the last. It's driving people crazy. Well maybe that is the point. It drives you crazy and then you move. They started playing the song through a loudspeaker that was pointed directly directly at this encampment. I see a photograph of it, and I can't imagine a business staying open with this type of encampment right in the front, basically in the front door. She said it kept her and others up all night. She also called it ridiculous. We can't get any sleep, we can't get any housing, we can't eat, and now they're trying to drive us crazy with children's music. A guy down the street owns a barber shop called Styles Barber Lounge Shalom. Styles, interviewed by local news there, told the outlet that they aren't trying to be mean or insensitive to the homeless, but have businesses to run and are just trying to survive. Said it's not always it's not always about being kind, because when people are taking away from business and all the stores are going out of business, we're still here surviving, trying to put up for our family. Well, and those businesses what pay the tax dollars that are supposed to well provide you know, means and resources to get these people out of the homeless encampments. Who wins in this right when you think about Medicaid expansion, This whole, this whole system that we have is collapsing on itself. The ones who make money, the ones who create businesses, provide job opportunities, are shouldering the burden for the ever growing number of people who refuse to participate, who refuse to get jobs. I don't know what the solution is with the homeless crisis, but wow, the weight of it is becoming just an insurmountable challenge, and the businesses go out of business and the people flee and go to other states. It's a downward spiral out in California among other cities that are going down the same path. Forty five fifty five KRC The talk station More to talk about Stick around and be right.
Speaker 10: Back fifty five KRC forty nine.
Speaker 1: Coming up at five fifty to fifty five KR ceed Talk Station Smith event. Christopher Smith been at seven twenty Money Money with Brian James at eight oh five and Tim Hester. Since a Native Air Force veteran, and he's promoting the PBS documentary Defying Death on the Atlantic. We'll get the details from Tim A A forty back over to the stack of stupid. Got another one, Joe, I don't get with teachers having sex with students anyway. This one Desota County, Mississippi high school teacher they're accused of making out with a student Gordon affidavit from the DeSoto County Sheriff's Office. Thirty one year old in Natalia Wright, another female teacher, former teacher Lewisburg High School, committed acts of licentious sexual desires with a child under the age of eighteen. She was a special education teacher at Louisbourg during the twenty twenty four to twenty five school year. While these happened or this happened, she was also the student's tutor in addition to being the student's teacher. Wright's husband allegedly obtained footage and audio recording of her admitting to kissing the student on multiple occasions while tutoring the child. Additional witnesses observed her kissing and making out with the student on multiple locations, which included the parking lot of a Taco Bell and the Longview Point Baptist Church. She resigned from the school beginning of April due to inappropriate contact with a victim, which included physical touching, communication, and driving the child to school in her personal vehicle multiple times. Arrested May twelfth at a two hundred thousand dollars bond, charged with fondling by person of position or trust.
Speaker 9: Period.
Speaker 1: The biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the job, the pinnacle of douche dum good going doues. Your dreams have come true. And here's one of the stories. When you look at the mugshot, you think, yeah, that sounds about right. Briefly describing this woman, a mother, Ashley Pardo, facing criminal charges after authorities arrested her thirty three years old, charged with aiding in the commission of terrorism. She's got all kinds of face tattoos. She looks like she's got straight lines for eyebrows that have been tattooed on there and a giant nineteen ninety two tattoo on her neck among other neck tattoos. Okay, authority say the Pardo's middle school age son had expressed a desire to carry out, in their words, in the arrest rey board, acts of mass violence at his school. Officials alleged this woman bought the items knowing that they would be used for a crime. Please say the student, I know what. He arrived the Roads Middle School in San Antonio Monday outfit with a mass camouflage jacket and tactical plants or pants, but he soon left school swept for potential threats, and the student was later found off campus. Now facing terrorism charges, Pardo posted a thirty five dollar bonds release from jail. Boy was suspended last month after he allegedly researched the twenty nineteen christ Church mosque shooting on a school issued computer. Part of his son returned to school last week, which point officials implemented a safety plan for fear of potential violence. Apparently, she bought ammunition, magazines and the tactical gear the kid was wearing. We'll just go ahead and include her in the prior given awarded. Joe investigation underway after a Pennsylvania school district said a kindergarten student gave jello shots to classmates. Greater Johns School district said that a kindergarten student in the elementary school gave out quote alcohol in the form of small jello cups close quote to three hundreds other students. Superintendent said. One staff learn about the situation, immediate action was taken. Students taken to the nurse's office for evaluation, and out of an abundance of caution, EMS called to take the kids to a local hospital. Parents were notified and met first responders there at the hospital. Not clear how the student got the alcoholic jello cops, but the district said it's looking into it and cooperating with authorities I know. Stated said, we are currently a possession of the jello cups in the matter is under investigation. We are cooperating fully with local authorities to determine how the students came into possession of these items and to ensure the continued safety of our students and staff. Joe, you think the jello shots now up over in the faculty lounge not anymore. It really is kind of puzzling. How old is a kindergartener, Joe, isn't that like five years old? I bet mom and dad had a party over the weekend and the kid grabbed him up and threw him in his back. Went to school with us. Now you skeptical about that anyhow? Coming up off top of the air news play, more to talk about it, including the actual reality of what the hell's going on with the GOP tax plan. Oh, they've promised, they've promised, they aren't delivering. Also, Joe Biden's health at issue here, and I have a good friend of mine SYOP, former military SIOP, and so anything coming out like this, he always has something to say about it. This was a meme media cover up revealed, which is all what's going on about Biden and his failing and deteriorating cognitive state, which was well documented by folks like you and me because we could see with our own eyes and hear with our own ears that he was deteriorating. At the media lied and lied and lied. Everyone surrounding Biden lied and lied and lied. So that's really a story that's got some legs right now. So with that in mind, his comment was q the cancer announcement, in other words, operating as a distraction from the broadly reported information about the Biden cognitive cover up. Anyways, stick around more to talk about in six o'clock hour. You can feel free to call it love to hear from you. I'll be right back at the top of the hour.
Speaker 10: Every day we discover something.
Speaker 1: New and important the day's top stories on fifty five KRC the Talk Station.
Speaker 10: The Riveting Podcast.
Speaker 1: Six six fifty five KR CEED Talk Station Brian Thomas here, which means, ever you want a happy Monday, and hoping you had a wonderful weekend. The weather was just oh so wonderful over the weekend. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty, eight hundred eight two to three TALKO with Ton five fifty on AT and T phones. Before we get to CJ. One moment, CJ, let me folks know what's coming up. Seven to twenty with Christopher Smithman every Monday at seven twenty with the former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati. And the Smither vent eight oh five with Brian James Monday Monday on Moody's atitg grating, which I referenced in the last hour It dropped and the reason is we are on a terrible physical trajectory. Deficits keep getting bigger, and Republicans, even hammering out this big, beautiful bill can't find more than one and a half trillion dollars over ten years, while we rack up two trillion dollars in debt each and every year additional debt. It's just it's a downward spiral. There's nothing more that you can say about it. We'll talk about the starter home market in Cincinnati and big summer vacations apparently out of style, says Brian James, and then go to eight forty with Tim Hester. He's a Cincinni native and Air Force veteran. Thank you for your service, Tim. He's going to be promoting any PBS documentary defying death on the Atlantic, so we'll hear from Tim at eight forty CJ thanks for calling this morning. Happy Monday to you.
Speaker 11: Happy money to you as well.
Speaker 12: On this Biden health issue, it is really easy to come up with conspiracy theories because so many people lied within that administration and those who are around him.
Speaker 9: Yes, there was a speech.
Speaker 11: Given by him, I think it was in twenty twenty two or twenty twenty three where he did the whole moonshot for cancer, which is a great thing.
Speaker 3: But in the middle of that speech he says.
Speaker 11: Something that says there are millions of people like myself who have been diagnosed with cancer, and then the administration came out and said, oh, that is just Joe being Joe.
Speaker 1: And it was just a slip.
Speaker 9: The question is was that really a slip.
Speaker 11: Granted, a lot of people can get into stage four from prostate cancer because.
Speaker 3: Of screening, and they don't do the screenings.
Speaker 11: But this is the President of the United States who gets an annual physical and has a doctor on him twenty four hours a day, especially at his advanced age and his apparent a mental declinanted intake, you know, Sherlock Holmes ord Larry Holmes to figure out that he had some mental capacity issues, and so they had doctors on him constantly.
Speaker 12: If this administ if that administrations.
Speaker 11: Led about this, which they probably did, this, this is another reason why those people should be nowhere near power, whether it is dog catcher or the President of the United States.
Speaker 1: No offense to dog catchers. Didn't call looking for an argument. See Jay, I agree with you completely. Yeah, leaves everything go open to question mark. I mean, you know, Cash Mattel came out the other day they said that the FBI actually really legitimately ran a bait and switch in connection with the Hillary Clinton shenanigans. He put to the FBI's handing a Hillary Couldn't Email investigation as example of political bias and institutional failure, claiming senior officials within the Justice Department hijack their constitutional responsibilities, selectively declining which cases are deciding which cases to pursue. Said, apparently he's got a whole although the statute of limitations expired, he's got a whole room full of documents, and he's gonna let them out. So the good news, the good thing here is we're now to clean it up, meaning the FBI's reputation. You're about to see a wave of transparency. Just give us about two weeks. Hum he said, he referring to the crossfire hurricane cover up Donald Trump's ties to Russia and working with Congress to put out information surrounding it. He said, this is how vindictive and vicious the former leadership structure here was FBI. Not only did they bastardize the FISA process and led to the American people, they withheld and hid documentation and put it in rooms where people weren't supposed to look.
Speaker 13: Hum.
Speaker 1: Well, he had a whole lot more to say about that in his interview the other day with Maria Bartromo. So, but yeah, there's a problem right there. But then pivoting over to the whole Trump, the whole Biden cover up thing. There's a good op ed in the Wall Street Journal, a Reckoning for the Biden cover up, and they talk about all the politicians that lied, all the ones that surrounded him, pointing out that they were with him all of the time. And more and more informations coming out with these books that have been published than the most latest one, Original Sin President Biden's decline, its cover up, and his disastrous choice to run again, by none other than CNN's Jake Tapper and Alex Thompson of Axios. I guess they're trying to cover their tracks since they were some of the apologists for Biden during the period of time that we are own eyes and the journalists in Americans could see with their own eyes for years that Biden was going downhill, fast, stumbling, he following, He couldn't remember names, looked lost in public appearances, had to be let off stage. Remember the bunny rabbit. He'd wander off to one side. Your exit is on the other side, mister Biden. Here let's step this way. We all saw it, and of course that leads us to the whole idea of Joe Biden running for reelection. And it wasn't until that debate that the jig was up and they had to pull the plug on Biden metaphorically giving Democrats no opportunity to select who the nominee might be. Let's coronate Kamala Harris. That's what the cover up led to. That's what got done. Ronald Trump elected well, plus he ran on policies that a lot of the American people were hoping, like closing the border anyway. But focusing on the media, and it's worth reading the Bidens finility cover up is also a media reckoning. Whenever someone dared to point out that mister Biden wasn't up to the jobs, the praetorian media guard assembled to deny it. We could quote chapter in verse from many media sources, but one example worth signing is none of them. Mister Jake Tapper Grabian the TV clip service, has compiled a montage of Jake Tapper casting doubt on those who cast a doubt on mister Biden's mental fitness. Wall Street Jeneral reported in a detailed piece June fourth last year, that those who observed Biden in person were concerned about his decline. Mister Tapper quoted a White House dismissal of the story, including a sneer that the journal is owned by News Corp, which is run by the Murdochs, as if that rebutt of the story. He then interviewed a Democrat who dismissed it. A Democrat dismissed the journal's reporting. A more curious journalists would have explored it, explored rather if it were true, and maybe even done some of his own reporting. Only now does he tacitly admit that the journal was right. The cover up of mister Biden's mental decline will go down as one of the greatest scandals of modern politics. By refusing to admit what voters could so clearly see, Democrats denied their party in open primary once Biden imploded. They handed Kamala Harris the nomination without debate that mister Biden bowed out in twenty twenty three. Republicans might also have been more open to nominees other than mister Trump. Instead, Democrats turned into a turn to lawfair in attempt to disqualify Trump, which solidified his hold on the GOP voters. Democrats in the press are now appalled by mister Trump's second term. They would do better to think upon and seek contrition for their own role in making it possible. And I guess I have to ask out loud, does anybody, I mean, can you really legitimately trust the mainstream media after all of the lies I mean, in this is just one area of the lies. We regularly joke about the talking points. I went through a little montage on my own last week about the new talking points. We're looking forward. We're just looking forward. We're not going to talk about the past. Oh in the context of this, Well, that's what the mainstream media is parroting, and the Democrats are parroting it as well. But you know, you can get back to the Hunter Biden laptop story. New York Post broke that and they were ridiculed for breaking it. Out comes the fifty one you know, former intelligence agents signing onto the letter suggesting it looked like Russian collusion or Russian interference or Russian propaganda, whatever the words were they used, yes, in advance of the election, and that was parroted all over the media. They wouldn't even acknowledge that it was a possibility the Biden laptop was or the hunterapp was real. And yet we now find out later the FBI knew it was real, and they had known about it for a long time, meaning that letter was legitimately outright fabrication lie, a lie perpetuated by the mainstream media. So your government lies to you again. The Biden administration and the prior administration lied to you and perpetuating this fabrication. They wanted Trump out. They wanted Trump to lose. Every lettered agency in DC wanted Trump to lose. And now you got coll me with the eighty eighty six forty seven. They're still at it writing stuff. Well, Sai, Jim, get you in a second, gym, you don't mind holding it's already six fifteen. Joe put him on holden. We'll take Jim's call. After I mentioned chimney care fireplace, and still the Spring Special is still going on. Take advantage of it. You got a wood burning fireplace. The Spring Special they'll so thoroughly inspect with a video camera your your chimney. They'll also inspect the xterior of your chimney which looks for water damage and possible leaks and things of that nature, but they'll sweep it out with a certified chimney sweep. Chimneycare Fireplace is still of locally out and operated since nineteen eighty eight. Certified chimney sweeps we'll be working on. The customer service is fantastic and the spring special the woodburning sweep and evaluation only one hundred and sixty nine ninety nine plus tax. That's the savings, So give them a call. It's for your own safety and that way you're ready to hit the ground running. When the winter temperatures show back up again and you know that's inevitable for folks that don't have a woodburner, call for the free exterior evaluation to search for that water damage. And there could be something going on you don't even know about it, so get ahead of it with a free exterior evaluation. To make an appointment, call five one three two four eight ninety six hundred two four eight ninety six hundred. You can book the appointment and learn more about the company online at chimneycareco dot com. Fifty five KRC. Mark your calendars for Steven at six twenty fifty five CARCD talk station. Happy Monday five on three seven, five hundred, eight hundred and eight to two three Talk contract fIF you on eighteen or two phones, Ay fifty five cars dot com. You get your iHeart media app and check out. Uh, we'll get a copy of zimmer the movement that defeated a nuclear power plan. Interesting conversation with the author of that book, a local author. Over to the phones, we go Westside, Jim, Thanks for holding over the break, my friend. Always good to hear from you.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Brian Thomas. How are you some warning? Sir?
Speaker 1: I'm doing okay, I guess good luck tomorrow tomorrow.
Speaker 14: Don't you having your your eye done tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 1: I haven't it done this afternoon. I have to take tomorrow off because last time I am I'm getting to glau coma.
Speaker 9: Sir.
Speaker 1: It's not a surgery. They just blast a bunch of holes with a laser in your eye to help her lieve the pressure. So I had my right eye done. It's been like two months now. But when I woke up the next day, I couldn't read. It was so blurry that I was struggling to read. So I anticipate that's going to be the case. So I've taken tomorrow off out of an abundance of precaution. Gary Jeff Walker is going to cover for me in the morning.
Speaker 14: Gotta do what you gotta do, buddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. Hey, it runs with the family. Yeah, ot coma, I know it just it runs in the family. And you know, folks out there are pro tip see an eye doctor regularly and have your pressure check because you can end up going blind if you have glaucoma, it goes undiagnosed and you're not placed on medication or otherwise have this laser procedure. Yeah, you run the risk of blindness. So you know, it's not something that's impossible to cure or solve, but you got to know you've got a problem ahead of time to deal with it. So we'll pro tip there.
Speaker 7: And may can lead to other things.
Speaker 14: But on Biden, you know, I don't rarely talk I do rarely talk about my health issues, especially on radio. But seven years ago, when I retired and found out that I had the evil see I can, I can really kind of feel sorry for him because when I had I didn't know what I had and I got tested. But what happened was they told me I had stage four prostate cancer, and I didn't know what the hell I was. So I came home and found out that stage four is not a death wish immediately and then within the next month it traveled to the bones. So this must be a notoriously bad thing that happens. And that's what my doctor told me. To the one from OHC. There's the plug that it came in and then travels out. So the prostate right now is in basically remission. It's not progressing, but the bones. That's this one thing because of all the bones in your body. If not, you're a jellyfish. And it's not a fun thing to go through. And I really feel sympathy for Biden getting well, getting back to the health screening. He only has a unless something that comes up. He only has a screening once a year, and you know, that's all they usually do, and with mine it was about every six weeks to twelve weeks, and that's when they found out that it traveled to the bones.
Speaker 7: So he can be tested in January.
Speaker 14: It can hit him in February and they might not find to find out about it for a ten months, so as.
Speaker 7: A cover up, they probably did.
Speaker 14: But I give him the benefit of a doubt on the progression of this and we'll just see what happens.
Speaker 1: You talk about the screen of the PSA test.
Speaker 14: Yeah, the PSA yeah, yeah, and plus the one where they knock you out and actually take samples if they feel that there's something wrong with it. But the bone cancer doesn't show up on the PSA the way it does for the prostate cancer. It's a whole different, whole different ballgame.
Speaker 1: That go through and the bone. The bone cancer is painful, if I understand Mike prior conversation.
Speaker 14: Fun for you, it's not fun. It makes you feel older than what you really are. I mean the pain that goes through different parts of the body. It's it's almost like you you did what Joe did years ago, was running a marathon. You feel that way every day when you get up, and you hate to say that you're taking pain meds because that's.
Speaker 4: What it is.
Speaker 7: But you got to tell you got to do what you got to do.
Speaker 14: And again with the OHC doctors, they treat you pretty well.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I haven't had any issues so far, but I just figured I thought that in relating to the fact that you know, he's had this and it's progressing. He might he might still live well, not mentally, but he still might live for two or three years or more.
Speaker 1: Well. The reporting that I read about this particular aggressive form of prostate cancer, it says five years survival rate of thirty to forty percent.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so I mean it's not like pain Graddy cancer.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that's a short term window right there. And you know, let's face it, you and I can agree Westside Jim. Cancer sucks, sucks, and we wouldn't.
Speaker 7: Find one more thing.
Speaker 14: This morning's paper on the front page, the enquire Man Charged and Deputy's death finds fame and support. That totally disgusted me. I mean to have that, and I know that they're just reporting news.
Speaker 7: But this just really pisses me off.
Speaker 14: If I can use that word on the air, which I just did. You did, fame and fame and support, I mean those people that support this guy and make him look famous and donate to his cause. I noticed a place in hell for them.
Speaker 1: Also. Yeah, I have to agree with you on that, but the world's filled with crazy people, and the Internet allows each and every one of those crazies to get together and sort of echo chamber each other and make it seem like what they are doing is a good, decent and right thing to do. You're always going to find someone who's sympathetic to your insanity these days. So thanks for thank you, and God bless you.
Speaker 3: Jim.
Speaker 1: You're always in my prayers. You always are. Eight six twenty six fifty five KCD talk station five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty to two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Feel free to chime in. I'll pivot over to local stories in the next segment absent phone calls. But first I want to give a strong shout out to my dentist, doctor uh Fred Pack, and well doctor Megan Frew as well. Although I haven't been in the chair with doctor Freu, I have met her many, many times, and I've talked to a lot of listeners who now are treated by doctor Megan Frew and apparently she is absolutely amazing. Well, it's been my impression she is as well. She's working on her accreditation with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Doctor Fred Pack demonstrably the best cosmetic dentister out there. If you want a transformative smile makeover, you are in the best possible hands with the Dynamic Duo of dentistry. He's an accredited Fellow with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Doctor pack Is and one of only three in the entire state of Ohio. And do the math on that. So he's got amazing before and after pictures that you really are They're just like, there's no way this is the same person. Well, he has transformed people's lives with his years of experience in cosmetic dentistry. So for all things dentistry, gentle and a general and cosmetic. Great staff there. They're really family further, really friendly and you get the best possible treatment there. Five one three six two one seventy six sixty six five one three six two one seventy six sixty six. To learn mile more, check out the website. It's Peck Pck Pecksmiles dot com. Fifty five. The talkstation, it's six thirty one. If if you've got air CD talk station, then a happy Monday to you. Uh excuse me over the local stories since I please investigate after a man got shot inside of a vehicle having a bond Hill early Saturday, nineteen hundred block of Langdon Farm Drive about one twenty in the morning. Twenty nine year old man undergoing treatment for the gunshot wound to his left calf. He's at University since medical Center. According to Captain Stephen Bauer at the police He's expected to recover, which is good. Victim told police he didn't know why they targeted him and could not provide a description of the shooter, according to the captain. Let us see human ring remains found in Claremont County last month identified as a Felicity man who was reported missing more than three years ago. Coroner's Office at remains were found in fifteen hundred block of Barger Road in Washington Township April nineteenth. DNA testing results confirmed the identity of the remains Roger Schantz. Bruce family reported him missing in January of twenty twenty two. During an investigation to Bruce's death, Clama County Sheriff's Office said Washington Township resident Zachary Scott called nine one one a couple of days before Bruce was reported missing, claiming he had overdosed on drugs. And was unresponsive in a vehicle. Scott said he administered narcan than disconnected the call on a callback, Scott told dispatches Bruce drove away after regaining consciousness. Detective searched the area tried to find the vehicle Scott describe it never located Scott or Bruce. When detectives interviewed Scott one day later, they said he changed his story. Clarimont County Grand Jury indicted him on one kind of involuntary manslaughtered, gross abuse of a corpse, corrupting another with drugs, and tampering with evidence in Bruce's death. Now his remains have been recovered. According to Claimont County corner Brian Treon, this identification brings a measure of closure to a tragic and prolonged period of uncertain Their thoughts are again with Bruce's family and as they navigate this difficult time. Sheriff's office still investigating the death. Anybody with information please call the Investigative Investigations Unit JEEZ Greater since they bus service, they say making a significant advancement the introduction of bus rapid transit system. They say the line Cincinnati with approximately forty other cities. Who've rolled out BRT systems which are designed to enhance the efficiency of bus travel, and I underscored this without the need for tracks or permanent infrastructure. Now hold that thought for a minute. Chris Hauser, WKRC and MSN dot Com article. According to Brad Mason, Metro's director of Communications, they aim to improve the speed and efficiency of bus service. My favorite feature of this is the traffic signal priority, where if a bus is coming to a traffic light, the light knows that the bus is coming and it will give priority to the bus. Cities like Columbus and Cleveland, Indianapolis have experienced economic development, he said. With this BRT system, he said, they're seeing economic development from it happen. They're seeing people move through their region differently than they used to, so it's really expanding transportation options for people within the region. Mason said Metro is experiencing ridership growth currently at one hundred ten percent of the pre pandemic level, attributing this to reinventing Metro program the shifting perceptions of bus transit beyond commuting to work or school. Now here's why I said underscore that point about without the need for tracks or permanent infrastructure. Article concludes by saying construction on the first BRT route along Renting Road is slated to begin next year, with an expected opening in twenty twenty seven, and they say the Hamilton Avenue cord Or anticipated to begin service the following year, though the design of bus only lanes is still underway, So maybe construction means bus only lanes. I don't know. But if it's a bus I don't understand why you would need construction unless they need more bus terminals or bus stops. Anyway, left to speculate on that one, but it's coming six point thirty five right now. If you five kc DE talk station, don't need to speculate nothing speculate about the need and value of USA Installation's premium foam manufacturer. Right here in the state of Ohio, thousands of homes have benefited from USA's premium foam in the xterior walls. They benefit from the immediate improvement in comfort hvac's running. It's not fighting uphill challenge to meet your desired temperature. A massive improvement in comfort coupled with a huge savings on your energy bill. It's guaranteed from USA. There's a return on investment, and they guarantee it year after year after year. After it's paid off, you still get the benefit of the lower energy bills. And wow, with the energy bill is going through the roof. What a great thing to do. Ninety nine dollars a month interest free is all the costs ninety nine bucks a month. You probably will save more than that. You very may very well could, because a lot of my listeners would let me know that they did save more than that. Three eight one three six two six The number to call five one three three eight one. Foam under insulated or uninsulated homes take advantage of this. Should be eligible for a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit next year when you're doing your taxes. USA Insallation dot net online. That's USA Insulation dot com net.
Speaker 10: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Here it is Channa nine. First one to weather forecasts. Got a mostly cloudy day today, light afternoon rain, best chance of that between noon and four pm today, seventy three today's high, fifty five overnight with just clouds. Opportunity for more rain tomorrow. They see rounds of showers and storms, not severe though sixty eight to high tomorrow with an overnight love of fifty eight with a possibility of a few showers. Otherwise cloudy. Cloudy on Wednesday as well, and additional showers are possible. Sixty seven for the high Wednesday, about fifty three degrees. Right now, it is time for a traffic update check from the.
Speaker 15: U SEE Health Traffic Center. From pregnancy again, menopause to healthy aging. The women's health experts that you see Health offer person of I's care with the newest treatments. Learn more at you see health dot com. Forward slams women Highway traffic in pretty good shape. I am starting to see some break away sapn. Two seventy five between the lore It's Burg ramp and the bridge. Thanks to the ongoing construction. You can add a couple of extra minutes there. About ten seventy five's doing fine. Fans to Union Center Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs, the talk station.
Speaker 1: Sex forty here at fifty about KRCD talk station, Happy Monday, Christopher Smith, then at seven to twenty every Monday for the Smith Event. Love hearing from you five one, three, two to three talk. Let's hear what Cleveland Owl's got going on, Cleveland Owl, thanks for calling this morning.
Speaker 13: A good morning, and just wanted to let you know that the BRT does require a significant change in the configuration of whatever street the BRT is being instituted. Cleveland did this in the early two thousands with Euclid Avenue. Euclid used to be the Avenue of Millionaires and for years.
Speaker 1: It had good on down.
Speaker 13: The tubes as far as the appearance and the safety between downtown and the University Circle, and they instituted a BRT. It took him about four years to build the special lanes and the bus stops for the buses to be able to institute what's called the Health Line that connects downtown to both Cleveland Clinic and University hospitals. And it really has turned the street around one hundred and eighty degrees. It went from being a blight to an area of significant economic and has returns to its former not the heights of glory of when the millionaires. Yeah, the Guild of the date's correct, but it has transformed the east side between downtown and University Circle significantly.
Speaker 1: Well that's great. I listen, you know, I always kind of it's cynical and skeptical that anything the City of Cincinnati does by way of trying to transform itself is gonna work. You know, I give you the street car, but and I imagine the traffic light sensors is part of the construction process that the bus can communicate with the traffic lights. And I understand the need for bus stops. But I'm happy here Cleveland, al that it's done. Wonders for that community. So we'll keep our fingers crossed it they don't screw it up down here. Al all right, you have a good well, thanks for the call man enlightening. It was all right, okay. And here I got a thought question for you, Donald Trump on his exec or his truth media account. Walmart should stop trying to blame tariffs is the reason for raising prices throughout the chain. Walmart made billions of dollars last year, far more than expected between Walmart and China. They should eat the tariffs all in caps and not charge the valued customers all in caps anything. I'll be watching, and so will your customers.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 1: When I first saw that, I was like, wait a second, price controls, you're demanding they eat something? I mean, they compete out in the open world. If they raise their prices, somebody may choose to go to someplace else. This is a Walmart decision, but on the heels of but previously saying, after causing catastrophic inflation, Comrade common Law announced that she wants to institute socialist price controls. Her plan is very dangerous because it may sound good politically. This is communist, this is Marxist, this is fascist. So how can you reconcile those two points? And the profit margin at Walmart? You know, say what you want about Walmart. They are not centers of fat profit margins. Wall Street Journal reporting it's three percent, actually below three percent, pointing out there's not a whole lot of resumed room to absorb higher costs in the tariffs. And then they point to the competition, because of course Walmart's got competition, and one of the things that made it so successful is that it's well comparatively lower prices over the years. That's what built the empire quantit large quantity of small profit margins. So now Donald Trump's telling Walmart how to run its business, and in a pretty bold statement too, I will be watching, and so you're, yeah, let the customers decide. I just found it impossible to reconcile that, and it doesn't sound like a very conservative thing to do. I just think, you know, it's the reality is is what everyone who pointed out tariffs will do. It ends up raising the prices on things. Now, whether we have a good outcome in the final analysis from the tariffs or a bad outcome, I'm willing to wait around and find out, because there they are. Nobody consulted Brian tom before the tariffs went on, and he did promise them campaign pledge he was going to put impose tariffs. So we're getting what we voted for in that regard. And he's already made some headway with various countries negotiating deals to eliminate the tariffs or otherwise come up with something that's palatable to both countries China for one. He's negotiating with China with the with the tariff pause. So it's playing out and I've seen other articles talking about, well, the Trump tariffs aren't bearing fruit in the form of additional investments in business, and how quickly do you think you can build a giant factory? You know, the decision to build the factory is one thing, but it actually starting and starting to employ construction workers and ultimately workers who will be working at that any given facility. That does take some time. So people looking for instant gratification quite often disappointed. And I'm still got my popcorn out waiting to see where tariffs go. But I thought a little bit, I don't know what the word is ridiculous that he would demand the Walmart not raise its prices. Does seem have been inconsistent six forty six. If you five KR see the talk stations, stick around. I hope you can anyway. And the other thing you need you to do is get on into twenty two three, a route forty two between Mason and Leven and the finance, gun shop and indoor ranger. We're going to run into and you know, with Father's Day just around the corner, you can get out there and maybe get a gift for Dad, spend some quality time with dad. For the gun enthusiasts or the person thinking about learning more, twenty two three is the place to head on over to and pick up a gift card. Maybe you can get them a membership, or maybe you can get them a class knowledgeable sales floor staff and helpful range safety officers. It's a very safe and very clean range. I've been out there many many times, and they'll take great care of you out there. They even have a gunsmith as well, huge selection of firearms. Maybe get Dad a firearm for his Father's Day gift. Twenty two three are Route forty two between Mason and Lebanon. Online it's the number twenty two followed by the word three spelled out twenty two to three fifty five KRC dot com it's six fifty come up at six fifty one fifty five KRC Detox station. Nappyma, nay. I'm off tomorrow, Gary Jeff Walker's covering former. I'm getting my glaucoma laser blast this afternoon. So last time I did that, he had a difficult time reading with the eye that got blasted. So since I do read for a living, I'm gonna take tomorrow if out an abundance of cautions. So Gary Jeff, thank you for covering for me tomorrow morning. I thought this was a joke, but apparently it's not. And I got a tremendous amount of respect for High Republican Warren Davidson. He's a good man, but I did get a chuckle out of this. He introduced legislation to direct the National Institutes of Help to investigate the psychological and social roots of Trump Derangement syndrome, presented the Trump Derangent Syndrome Research Act of twenty twenty five, which it's reported, is intended to shed a light on what has been a serious cultural affliction, described as an intense, irrational hysteria triggered by the mention of Donald Trump's name. The mere mentioned TDS become a catch all for unhinged reactions of his critics, whether it comes from a form of spittle flecked blue hair rants, protest effigies, or social media meltdowns. Props to Stephen Watson overt Modernity News for that verbage, but it is a real thing. Apparently co sponsored by Alabama Representative Barrymore, Apparently, this research will look to explain why leftists lose their collective minds over Donald Trump. Legislation identifies teds as quote the acute onset of paranoia in otherwise normal persons reacting to Trump's policies, presidency, or even very existence, manifesting in quote verbal expressions of intense hostility close quote and even quote overt acts of aggression and violence close quote against his supporters. Let's explain here the evil points the real world consequences. For example, the two assassination attempts on Trump. Davidson in a statement, this isn't just about hurt feelings. TDS has divided families, fueled nationwide violence, and turned dinner parties into screaming matches. The NIH needs to study this so we can find solutions. Well, I think the problem is primarily one of the Internet and social media and the echo chamber that people find themselves in. I mean, if you got one crazy person screaming about Donald Trump's going to end the world, there are an other crazy, crazy people out there in the world who might share that, and then they run into each other and they hang out together and feed this this this, well, we'll call it TDS. And how many and you know, this is a reflection of how many years that evil orange man has been ingrained into the hearts and minds of so many people via the mainstream media, who we find out has been lying to us over and over and over and over again about a variety of topics. But do we really need to pay for the NIH to study this. Apparently they tried this in Minnesota. March of this year, five Minnesota state Republicans pushed the build to classify TDS as a mental illness in the state, defining it as quote Trump induced general hysteria close quote. The effort didn't work. Democrat has called it possibly the worst bill in Minnesota history and an affront to speech. Now Warren Davidson bill apparently that takes a different look at it, framing TDS as a public health issue and worthy of scrutiny by the NIH, and exists calling for reallocating existing NIH funds i e. Note, New taxpayer dollars away from what Davison described as ludicrous studies like giving meth to cats, towards something relevant to everyday Americans. It also tasked the NIH wood probing the media's role in amplifying this syndrome, analyzing its impact on political polarization, and hunting for patient zero of the phenomenon. I'd like to have Congress and Davidson on to see if this is he's if he's really serious about this, or this is just one of those legislations to illustrate something and make a point rather than actually getting it passed, and since it's not part of the reconciliation process, he's going to have to get a sizeable number of Democrats that go along with it. Symbolic probably six poin fifty five fifty five KCD talk station. If we have a little talk about off top of the our news, then we get Christopher smith AMU at seven twenty. I sure hope you can stick around from.
Speaker 16: A full rundown and the biggest ten lines there's minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 11: I'm giving you a fact now, Americans should.
Speaker 1: Have five krs the talk station.
Speaker 9: This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming.
Speaker 7: That's the old Trump doess negotiate every day.
Speaker 14: Evan's an extremely small businessman.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station seven oh six fifty five kerr CD talk station. Brian Thomas here, I'm glad to be wishing everybody a happy Monday. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. In finding phone calls, we have time before Christopher Smithman joins a program at seven to twenty for the Smith Event. Fast forward an hour Monday Monday with Brian James Moody's credit rating. UH Finally Moody's got around dropping our credit rating here in the United States with good reason. Starter home market in the Cincinnati we'll talk about that with Brian and apparently big summer vacations are out of style. It can only imagine why that might be the case. Then we go to eight forty Tim Hester, who's a Cincinni native and Air Force veteran served in a rock. Thank you, Tim for your service to our country. There's a PBS documentary that's coming to town, Defying Death on the Atlantic, which is a really kind of wild story. If you asked me to sign up for a three thousand mile ocean rowing race, I would be a definite no on that. But the documentary is the story of a four man rowing team that participated in that event. The World's Toughest row is what that race is called. Air Force veteran the team they call themselves Team Fight or Oar Die. Twenty twenty two race got hit by a thirty foot swell, a boat capsize and they were left stranded eight hundred miles from the nearest land. So that's it tells the story of that. So we'll hear about the details on that from Tim at eight forty back over to you know, the first story we're going to be talking about with Monday mondays Brian James. The fact that Moody's downgraded our credit rating. The reason we are spending ourselves into oblivion. It's our debt. It keeps growing and growing and growing. And sadly, the GOP big beautiful bill it passed out of the House Budget Committee apparently does little to do that does not cut the deficit at really at all. In fact, it makes it bigger. Current proposal will increase projected budget deficits by nearly three trillion dollars through twenty thirty four, locking in tax cuts and spending increases that outweigh reductions and spending on Medicaid nutrition assistance. Now there's a bunch of stumbling blocks going on, and they remain. Now this did get advanced out of committee. The four Republican holdouts, the fiscally responsible for just voted present, so that it was seventeen to sixteen speakers. That he expects they have productions reductive discussions with various factions of the House, because there are moderate factions, so called moderate Republicans, who are all in favor of the big spending that has been implemented for a long time. They wanted to continue us, notably in the areas of Medicaid and the Green New Deal crap from the so called Inflation Reduction Act. It's in my state. My state's going to benefit from it, so I want that project to remain. Anyway, the four people that I mentioned, the fiscal hawks, cratered the whole thing on Friday because of the twenty twenty nine kick in date for work requirement for Medicaid. That was one of them. Why is it so far down the road? Of course, they're all worried about the work requirement would be removed sometime between now and then with follow up legislation or action. Green energy subsidies also a subject matter of their concern because again these so called moderate Republicans that keep pushing to keep those green energy subsidies in place. So they say, lawmakers have signal that some of the changes that are being pressed on by these conservatives will be introduced as amendments in the House Rules Committee, so they're not in this current framework that was voted on last night. Chip Roy among the fiscal Hawks, along with Ralph Norman Roy from Texas Norman from South Carolina. They're also in the Rules Committee where these amendments will be introduced. Now, just because you're going to introduce some amendment the same, you know, numerical realities exist. If you've got a bunch of moderate Republicans going along with the Democrats, they might vote noah any given amendment to help write the ship of fiscal disaster that this bill continues, they say it on the bill will now move. Apparently they did get somerect some concessions, at least I get this impression from Roy's statement. He said tonight, after a great deal of work and engagement over the weekend, the Budget Committee advanced a reconciliation bill that lays the foundation for much needed tax really border secured, important spending reductions and reforms. Importantly, the bill will now move Medicaid work requirements forward and reduces the availability of future subsidies under the Green New Scan. That's all the details that were provided. But since some of these I guess, Fox News reporting that they got assurances about these I guess amendments being introduced in the Rules Committee in writing, but that doesn't mean that they're going to be included in the ultimate Big beautiful bill. House Committee passed the framework earlier this year with instructions to these various committees to get Trump's agenda in line and legislated. Then the House committees began crafting their policies, which is how you end up with them being packed in together into this massive bill that they have to pass by reconciliation. So reconciliation requires the subject matter to be limited to federal spending, tax and the national debt. A golden opportunity to pairback are spending. It seems to me though it's being squandered. Now what stick? What are the sticking points? Most notably, the salt cap is one of them. You got blue states and you have Republicans in blue states where the taxation rate is off the charts now back in twenty seventeen or the Trump tax cuts, they capped that deducting interest and local taxes at ten thousand dollars. So naturally in a state the taxes the hell out of people New York, New Jersey, California, and the Republicans are there they want the salt tax cap to be increased, and substantially feeding the fire of the Democrats argument that these are all about protecting the wealthy. Members of the Salt Caucus have floated a sixty two thousand dollars cap for single filers and one hundred and twenty four thousand cap for joint filers as it's currently drafted, I have read that hasn't been confirmed. They raised it to thirty thousand dollars for individe jewels making four hundred thousand or less, and then decreasing the cab for those who exceed the income ceiling. Now who among us has sixty two to one hundred and twenty four thousand dollars worth of deductions to tack on in your federal filing? And most notably, the Salt cabs primarily benefit wealthier filers and does nothing more than subsidized Blue states, removing any incentive for them to lower their own tax burdens. That's the solution to it, Blue States, Quit taxing the hell out of your citizenry. Lower those taxes. They don't have to worry about. Where the salt tax are cut is And why should we hear no hire anybody else out in the United States be subsidizing these folks, giving them a write off for their state taxes. Of course, the fiscally responsible and conservatives of pushing GOP leaders to speed up the start date for the work requirement for Medicaid as written, or at least up until yes yesterday, may have changed based upon what chip Roy had to say. The work requirement kicks in in twenty twenty nine, a forty year delay. That provision requires childless adults age nineteen to sixty four years old to prove that they work, go to school, or volunteer eighty hours a month. It's a pretty small ass considering the typical work week for the regular Joe out in the world or Jane as the case may be forty hours a week, So eighty hours for an entire month, and you can go to school, trade school. That's part of the equation, and you'll have a career opportunity after that. And then, of course, the green energy tax credit is a subject of disputes between again I'm infighting between the Republicans. Document passed by the Ways and Means Committee phases out tax credits for solar, winter and nuclear projects that come online between twenty twenty nine and twenty thirty two. Products that start producing energy in twenty twenty nine can get an eighty percent of the credit of those that join the grid in twenty thirty one forty percent. But all this is brought about by the Inflation Reduction Act, and are just bothered because these cuts, these terroriffs, these incentives all mean that the business model itself, this whole concept of green and green energy would not be something anybody would embrace because of course, well the math just doesn't work out. But of course those reds are those those red state Republicans, even in red states, are beneficiaries of the Inflation Reduction Act incentives. So they're willing to turn their back on the typical Republican platform in mantra, which is, no, we shouldn't be funding these green boon doggles. But if the boon doggles in my backyard, oh, I'm gonna fight tooth and nail over it. Publican party can't get its act together. I feel like I'm watching something that would go on in Columbus as I watch these arguments unfold. Stick around Christopher Smithman and coming up next. First word for QC kinetics. You living with pain, knee pain, hip pain, back pain, You don't necessarily have to live with it. You've probably been talking to your doctor about it, maybe pain meds. Maybe the doctor has mentioned the idea of surgery. You know, you've got a lot of downtime, complications and question marks when you're talking about surgery. How about pursuing an alternative option and for just eight years? And I say just because the number of satisfied patients from QC Kinetics, the nation's leader and non surgical relief for joint pain, is pretty amazing at fifty thousand, over fifty thousand people who are no longer living with that shoulder pain and hit pain, et cetera. So you can get in touch with QC Kinetics. You'll give you the phone over here in a minute, three of them, three times in a row. They use biologic growth factors from your body. They have robust healing properties and carefully and strategically placed in your joints, repairing the old tissue in office procedure, no drugs, no surgery, and no downtime, all natural cellular level option with lasting relief. So are you a good candidate? Find out take them up on the free consultation. Learn more about these cutting edge treatments by calling five one three, eight, four seven, zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five three zero zero.
Speaker 10: One radio station.
Speaker 9: The last thing anyone wants, it's.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty coming up at seven twenty one of it. If about CAERCB talk station, a point in time during the week I always look forward to because now we get to hear from the former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, dear friend of mine and the listening audience, Christopher Smith Aman for the Smither event. Welcome back, Christopher. How was your weekend, my friend?
Speaker 2: My weekend was okay.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: I think I've been open that I provide a lot of care for my mom, but you know, I'm honored to do it, and you know I share with I'm sure you have many listeners out there who are doing or have done the same thing. So just a part of part of my life.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 2: Well, ma, I did have I had a nice had a nice weekend.
Speaker 1: Good to hear that. And I'm not going to ask how old your mother is. I know she's getting up in years. But you've always had such you know, great stories about how blessed you were to grow up with your mother and your father. I mean the fact that you were so lucky that you have a mother is loving and caring and supportive that she was over the years, and so I guess it's time to pay it back, man, at least to the extent you can.
Speaker 5: No one hundred.
Speaker 2: I mean I promised. I can't speak from other siblings, but they're they're helping too. But you know, I promised my dad that, you know, as he said, please take care Barbara, you know, in the in the last call it days of his life where he was conscious, and you know, we do this. It's about paying it back. And and I encourage anybody there. You know, you don't want to have any regrets, and so you don't want to be that sibling that doesn't carry their weight.
Speaker 13: You know, you just will be.
Speaker 2: It will just haunt you for the rest of your life. So I love and again I'm sincere. I'm honored to be a part of it. Brian Thomas, I know you are.
Speaker 1: I know you are.
Speaker 2: So what else I want to start off by just saying, you know, my heart goes out to anyone who has cancer. So the announcement that President Biden has cancer, that it has metastasized and has bones. I heard your interview with Westside Jim and him providing insight. So my heart goes out to the family and I just want to say that publicly, but it still will not take away from me discussing what I think in my lifetime was the greatest cover up about the health status of a president, a sitting president. And what is mind blowing for me, Brian Thomas, is the media's cooperation with it. So you have a vice president, you have congressional members, you have senators, and then you have the media. And when you have those White House briefings, no one is asking why the president is falling down. There's nothing there. He just falls down. Why can't he keep his sentence structures or his thoughts together? His mumbling, you know, the bunny rabbit thing that we all saw, you know, him falling down the steps coming out of Air Force One. It was like the media continued to say, your eyes, don't believe them, don't believe your ears. He's absolutely healthy. And Brian Thomas, you talked about this for years and for years, Brian Thomas, you talked about it. It wasn't like, oh, one off, You're like, here's something serious going on. And in the middle of all of this, I remember you talking like, hey man, I'm caring. I'm caring for my own dad. It's not like you personally only weren't in it yourself. And I remember one morning you were like, listen, I'm telling everybody I know what's going on with President Biden, and so to hear you know, these different media people write books, talk about them, act as if they're revisionists on their history. For me, at the beginning of my event, I just want to say that is hypocrisy at a level that I've never ever spoken or seen before in my life. And I really think that there should be congressional hearings, you know, because the vice president had to know period staffers, chief of staff, they had a responsibility to our constitution to whistle blow read alert there's something not right here, and it is that serious to me, we can never let it happen again. It was a conspiracy to cover up the health status of a sitting president, who have launched codes, who has launched codes well, who was running the United States of America for the last four years exactly the fair question.
Speaker 1: That is a fair question.
Speaker 2: Who was running the country.
Speaker 1: I know seven thirty fifty five KR City talk station right time I was with former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Christopher Smithman. And he's doing this smither event. Get it out of a system, Hey, Christopher. The other thing is on that Biden's mental decline. You know, isn't an interesting special counsel Robert Hurr. The audio from that interview was finally released. We had the transcripts previously released. But he did that interview over the his Biden's retention of classified documents, keeping him in his garage and all over the place. Found enough information to prosecute him for that, but decided not to because he said he was obviously struggling cognitively had some mental issues. That interview took place in October of twenty twenty three. I mean, you think about that if you had any question up until that point in time about whether or not he was having problems. They decided not to prosecute him because he'd be viewed as a feeble old man with a bad memory that speaks volumes. And yet they still ran him to for re election as president. And then it took that terrible debate with Donald Trump to finally haven't pulled the plog on him. And what was.
Speaker 2: Amazing is when the special prosecutor came out with the finding of I don't think I can prosecute his older man because of his memory or as hell, the Democrats.
Speaker 1: Destroyed them, Yeah, they did. They did this, destroyed them, the same Democrats who could see for themselves every time they were around the president that he was struggling on a number of ways, and then ask this, we just recently found out that they used the auto pen on just a multitude of occasions. Joe Biden didn't actually sign executive orders. They had a machine that signed it for him. Going back to your question, who was who was calling the shots? If Biden's sitting over in a corner, drooling on himself, not aware of what's going on, and he kind of gave us an indication that's pretty much what he was doing. Who made the decision to pen his name there? And isn't that really kind of forgery if that directive didn't come directly from the United States President?
Speaker 2: One hundred percent? And their lives conspiracy, all the pardons, all the discussions that were happening around student loan forgiveness as just these low hanging fruits things that he continued to announce. Who was actually running the government. Congress should have acted. They didn't. They didn't. They were they were absolutely absent from their responsibility, and there needs to be a deep investigation and people need to be held accountable. It can't be just like let's sweep fit under the rub. If you heard Democratic leaders Brian Thomas over the weekend, they all have the talking point, let's just move forward, let's just move forward. How can I move forward? And I'm not exaggerating that. Even in my own family, when I would raise the issue about the health status of President Biden, I had family members that wanted to cancel me just because I would. I mean, you were taking a big risk, Brian Thomas, at the time when you were saying, hey, there's something wrong with the president, let's not forget that the world was not on board. And remember the g seventh trip when the President just wandered off and the French president had to go over and pull him back, like where you going? People were like, oh that really, that really didn't happen. He was really over trying to see the person who parachuted. In My point to you is that families were destroyed because there was someone in the family that had the gall to question the health status of Biden, and they viewed it as a political attack, not people who were saying, I'm concerned about the presidency, not the person. I'm concerned about the constitution. And I think it's fair for any of us to go back and review all those four years to figure out when and where was the president impaired and who exactly was running the United States of America, because we know it was in President Biden.
Speaker 1: You're right, and you know as you as one contemplates the idea that family members, blood relatives refuse to speak to each other and otherwise severed ties based upon someone's comments about how fragile Joe Biden came across, or someone's maybe even pro Trump comments, going back to that Trump arrangement syndrome, that is that that's a sorry state of familiar relationships right there. That's just how shaky a ground they are that you were going to just ignore and otherwise ast your size a family member because of a random political statement you're gonna let Donald Trump get under your skin that much, or a statement that maybe suggestive of your support of Trump by making a comment about Joe Biden's frailty, that's going to cause you to alienate someone that's sad, that is really sad.
Speaker 2: And it happened all over the current And imagine what those family members are thinking now. It was all a lie. CNN was lyne to me, MSNBC was lyne to me. Bloomberg News, Financial News, they were lying to us, telling us that if you even questioned it had you were a racist, you were a narcissist, that you just had to be supporting Trump. If you said, hey, man, what's going on with President Biden? It didn't matter who the Democratic nominee was. And by the way, that is ultimately what destroyed Vice President Harrick. There were people out there that said, one, she lounched her campaign way too late because the Biden family, led by probably Jill Biden, the first lady, kept her husband in the race too long, and the Vice president didn't stand up like she was in a very tough spot. I want to say that from a politician, like it's like saying John Cranley is really sick. I'm the vice mayor and for some reason, and he's the person that has given.
Speaker 7: Me the power.
Speaker 2: My power comes through the presidency, and now I'm in this tough spot where I'm going. Oh my god, if I tell the truth that the president is impaired, the Democrats are going to destroy me just like they did her or I'm talking about the special prosecutor or. She turns around and says, no, I'm just going to ignore this and try to run. I believe that the tension between the Hearents camp and the Biden camp was centered around this conspiracy that President Biden really wasn't running the country and she knew it.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. The Vidybob KARRECD talk Station Brian Thomas with Christopher Smithan Smith Event's what we call the segment What else is on your mind today?
Speaker 2: Christopher Smitheman, Well, I'm going to end by just saying, you know, I think about somebody like Nancy Pelosi, who had full access to President Biden, and I think we're getting a better picture of why she started saying in the eleventh hour he couldn't serve and shouldn't run the problem with the speaker who is actually inligned to be the president herself in a in a catastrophic situation, she should have disclosed many many years ago in that presidency that there was something wrong with him, and I'm just I just prayed that Congress has the courage. I don't want them to be distracted on the big things that they're doing, but as soon as they passes this tax bill, they should pivot and give the transparency. I mean, that take that we're talking about is so revealing, and I hope everyone will take the time this week to listen to some of it or listen to all of it. It's out there for anybody to see that interview between the Special prosecutor and President Biden. It'll give you great insight. As Brian Thomas said years before. I mean, Brian Thomas, you had never heard the audio and you were talking about who's running the United States of America. It didn't take the audio for you to go, aha, there's a problem in the White House and there is a conspiracy.
Speaker 3: To cover up.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, listen, all I can do is look, I mean, see the video and listen to the audio and the video together and draw my own conclusions. And there were so many illustrations of this going on, that's the only conclusion I could reach. So I think it was a fair one. And oh look I was right.
Speaker 9: Hmm.
Speaker 1: Okay, So for all those people out there that you know, didn't Thomas is wrong, He's crazy. You know, he's a conspiracy theorists. This reminds me a lot of things that were said about COVID and masking and lockdowns and social distancing. They were just like, this isn't going to do anything, and they were ridiculed and belittled and berated, and doctors who stood up and spoke truth to power would lose their license or get ostracized by the medical profession and low to hold they were all right. So you know, the other thing about this is you mentioned Nancy Pelosi, but also a guy like Chucky Schumer, the press, the various press secretaries, all of the cabinet members that had to interact with the president over and over and over again. You know, Pete budda judge and others would come out and tell you that everything is just aoka and they're all now held out to be liars. And my question to you, Christopher Smithman, from a political standpoint, I guess I'm just kind of wondering how the Democrats, how Democrats in the Democratic Party feel about what their party and their party officials did to them in perpetuating this lie. So they first off back when Bernie Sanders one of the nomination, they pulled a plug on Bernie Sanders, who looked like he was going to win it in favor of the quote unquote moderate Joe Biden. That wasn't exactly a democratic process, and they pulled the same shenanigans, telling Biden he's going to run again, and then realize, in spite of everything that they were aware of, continue to run him until the debate, at which time they deprived the Democratic Party of a choice on who they wanted to be the nominee, just dubbing and coordinating Kamala Harris, which didn't sit well with many people. And then you got the mainstream media complicit in all this. I mean, if I I'm critical of the Republicans in Columbus and what they've done in the past, like with Larry Householder and Governor de Wine, and I'm you know, I can be critical of him and think we hit a changing of the guard. Thank god for VV. Ramaswami getting the nomination, But you know, I just wonder how the Democrats feel. Do they they really believe they have been betrayed? And don't you think they should.
Speaker 2: Well, remember, the Democrats nationally had a campaign using Now, I know, it was just a slogan constitutional crisis, right, I mean, think about them using that knowing that the White House is impaired. The constitutional crisis was President Biden himself because he has dementia or Alzheimer's. He has dementia or Alzheimer's. And everybody knew it. Brian Thomas, you knew it. There were media people who knew it. And it had nothing to do with being a libertarian or a conservative or a liberal. It had to do with caring about the country. And if they're willing to cover up something like this, what else are they covering up? And so that's what frustrated me that the Democrats were using this constitutional crisis campaign destroying American family, right, because there were family members that were saying there's a problem with the president, and all of a sudden, it made you a pariah. Those people need to be rehabilitated in the family, they need to be rehabilitated in the mets. They need to be rehabilitated as local and national and statewide politicians. Because they all were right, and that's why we have to take time to discuss it. And why the Democrats who were saying let's just move forward, is just not going to work with me. I want to know what the heck was going on over the last four years with President Biden. Who knew what, when, and why didn't they, under the constitution of the United States share that information with the American public. We deserve to know what happened in our government so it never happened again. Even the doctors who were saying he was help me, Hey, the doctors are supposed to go and give the health check. The doctors were coming out saying, under their responsibilities of being a physician, how were you passing President Biden for four years saying nothing was wrong? The candidate his name was President Trump. If you remember saying, hey, I'm going to go have my doctor check me. Here's what he said. What was going on with the White House physician? That person failled Americans by not coming clean about the president self. That's why he's in the position, That's why she's in the position to tell us the health status of the president. For God's sake, they have the latch codes. This is a person who's making huge decisions about the about the removal or the pull out of Afghanistan to the basic Germaine decisions they're making on a daily basis about Ukraine and what's happening with Russia or what's going on with Israel and what's going on with Harman. This was a great conspiracy of great magnitude, with the media absolutely being involved in it, and we need to know what happened. Bryan Thomas, that's my spleet vent for the for the week.
Speaker 1: That you did, and I guess it may go a long way to explain, Christopher, why Joe Biden didn't turn out to be the so called moderate, rational, you know, as'll crossing kind of guy that they touted him to be, the one that the American people selected to be the nominee. I suppose maybe it's because he wasn't in charge. Maybe it's because the leftists that obviously have taken over the Democratic Party got their way with the auto pen or you know, whispering in his ear or otherwise driving policy to the far left extremes of the political spectrum. Obiden, Yeah, Biden not paying attention. So anyhow we could have to speculate at this point.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for the time, Brian Thomas, and people can follow me at Boat Smith Aman and I look forward to being back with you next Monday.
Speaker 1: I will. I look forward to it as well. Christopher, have a wonderful week, my friend. Channel nine First one forecasts got to be cloudy day today with a chance of afternoon light rain, probably most likely between noon and four pm. According to Channel nine's forecast, seventy three for the high out of fifty time overnight with just clouds. Opportunity for some rain and maybe some storms as well. Tomorrow high have sixty eight clouds over night, A few showers are possible to drop the fifty eight and cloudy as well on Wednesday, with additional showers possible and high have sixty seven fifty three degrees. Time for a traffic update, Chuck from you See up Traffic Center.
Speaker 15: From Pregnancy in Menopause to healthy Aging, The women's health experts of you see Health offer personalized care with the newest treatments.
Speaker 1: Learn more Age you see health dot com.
Speaker 15: Forward slash women southbound seventy five now filling in through Lochland. Northbound seventy five's over a ten minute delay between Turfling and Town and in bound seventy four now backing up above Montana southbound two seventy five is heavy again between the Lawrence Burg ramp and the bridge.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR seat the talk station seven fifty four fifty five R see talk station. Yeah, the other thing that's coming back up to the top. And Donald Trump brought it back up at the top. Okay, we've got all this, you know, uh, cover up from within the government, the cabinet position as the press secretaries, the Chucky Schumer and Nancy Pelussi, everybody who spent any time with Biden's now him to come up and admit that we got Yeah, he had a problem on our hands. All the books that are being written about it by people who used to deny it, Jake Tapper most notably, you know, profiting on what they're now saying we all knew about and document it with all these quotes and interviews. But you had this media complicity, So you had the people lying about his health and immedia that would parrot it and not look into the veracity of what they were being told. In spite of people like me who could see with their own eyes and hear with their own ears. An obvious cognitive decline going on. But now Trump's bringing back up the whole idea of the stolen election. And you know we heard that before. That's been discredit The election wasn't stolen, but that's what the mainstream media kept saying, right, So if you're going to be objective about it and realize the mainstream media obviously in the bag for Democrats and all things democratic, and particularly Joe Biden, you got to have a John Deciah of skepticism about what they told you about that, don't you. They're the ones responsible for fact checking and looking into matters and investigating, and there wasn't a whole lot of that done. And Trump just over the weekend on Saturday put a truth Truth social media post up so that the presidential election of twenty twenty was rigged and stolen. He mentioned the auto pen, He mentioned a larger scandal going on here, and the campaign of inoculation and innocence of Democrats wage. None like that had ever been waged before. So he's now going back to the well on the election being stolen in twenty twenty, Maybe some fact checking will be done, maybe there will be a true investigation on that. There's been a lot of evidence and a lot of investigations and a lot of you know, voting voting irregularities have been and pointed out since the mainstream media and the Democrats concluded that no, there is nothing to see here. Fifty five k SE Detalk Station Money Money with Brian James. First topic Moody's credit rating looking good and the motivations behind it are seemingly obvious. Yes, we spend too much and our deficit is too big. Don't go away, be right back. Confuse happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour, not can it be complicated?
Speaker 7: It's going to go very fast.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the Talk Station. This report is sponsored by Eerie Insurance eight O six Iffy about kar see the talk station by time. It's always happy to welcome back to Thinking about Garsey mornings here every Monday at this time we do Money Monday with Brian James from all Worth Financial. Brian, I hope you had a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 17: Welcome back to the show as always, hope you did too, and thank you for the time to once again hang out with you on Monday.
Speaker 1: Always enjoy it. And of course I've been railing about this all morning. Moody stripped the US of its top credit rating, knocked us down a notch, of course, catching up with the likes of Standard and Poors, who did that back in twenty eleven, INFIT Ratings, which did it back in August at twenty three. But the markets reacting, futures are down and of course treasury yields have jumped because the poorer you're credit rating, the more you have to pay people to invest in your well. In this particular case country, I mean, and they spelled it out in black and white, Moody's pointed it out. It's the growing burden of the financial and federal government's budget deficit and the rising cost of debt service on it.
Speaker 13: Duh.
Speaker 9: Yeah, this isn't too big of a shocker, is it.
Speaker 17: So what the credit rating is, of course, is a way of comparing one country or really anything. Just about anything has a credit rating, governments, corporations, frankly, people do too.
Speaker 9: That's what those credit bureaus are for.
Speaker 17: But the whole point is to compare one entity to another in terms of how likely are they to pay their debts. And Moody's is the last of the three major rating facilities to cut the United States down from a perfect rating, and that that started in twenty eleven, so in the aftermath of two thousand and eight, S and P was the first one to cut us and kind of say, maybe we're not so good as good.
Speaker 1: As we used to look.
Speaker 17: So yeah, in this this isn't too big of a shock because we are putting ourselves. We are proactively deciding to present ourselves to the as a country, to the rest of the world in a different manner where that necessarily has an impact on the economic output of the country. And what are the what's the outlook of how can we be going forward, you know, as we have in the past, And so for sure that's now having an impact on the market. The futures are down one to two percent depending on what you're looking at. This is But again, this can't be too much of a shock. We've consciously decided to do things differently. We talk all the time about how we can't afford ourselves, we're living beyond our means, and it is starting to surface here just a little bit in terms of the rest of the world's perception of the United States as a credit worth the facility.
Speaker 1: Well, I suppose the timing couldn't have been better, considering they're talking about this reconciliation package, which deals with the debt and spending, and I know there's some moderate Republicans who are standing in the way of advancing some steeper cuts because oh, it's my green energy product, you're not our project. You're not going to cut it in my state, or it's I'm in New Jersey and I wanted one hundred and twenty four thousand dollars per couple salt tax because well, the taxes of my state are outrages. I mean, we just subsidized the high tax states, high taxation, and the people that should be paying that by cutting their federal income tax. I mean, you know, the point of capping the salt tax at ten thousand dollars would so we wouldn't be subsidizing those outrageous states.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 17: What we're doing is taking active steps to hopefully, you know, reduce that. But there's no way to do all this kind of stuff without pain. That that's the one thing that we have not been able to drag across the finish line here. Both parties recognize and have for decades that there is a problem, and we are moving in the wrong direction. However, there has never been an effort where on one side has successfully reached across the aisle to actually do something about it, and that's really not even happening now. We just have a situation in eituation where the Republicans obviously dominate both both parts of Congress, and that's the closest we're going to get to putting all this in place to make the fixes.
Speaker 9: But it's gonna have to survive, Brian, the midterm elections.
Speaker 17: Right So, right now, Donald Trump effectively has you know, pretty much carb bloc to do just about whatever he wants to do because he's got control of Congress for the most part, and he's ignoring a lot of the rules and regulations that were in place anyway. But if a lot of the stuff doesn't get done before the midterm elections, I can't think that dependulum is not going to swing back the other way, well back the.
Speaker 1: Other way, toward even more reckless spending. I mean, we're I mean, I hate to use the phrase existential threat again, but we're already paying a trillion dollars a year in debt service and that's only going to get worse and worse, and that takes away from literally anything else that's I don't care what side of the political spectrum're on. If you want the government to pay for something, the more money we have to allocate to debt service, which is required. You can't just ignore that. You're not going to have money left over for expanding this or funding that. Whether it's military or one of the social welfare safety nets, they're all going to be deprived extra dollars.
Speaker 17: Yeah, that's absolutely right, and that's why it's been so important that we actually get people in the same room to talk and agree on something. We haven't been able to do that because the American people have not been willing to.
Speaker 9: Sacrifice what they need to.
Speaker 17: Because if your congress person is out there trying to say, hey, we're living beyond our means, we have to stop doing that, what they're actually saying, if they're serious, is we need to give up something.
Speaker 9: And that has not been a politically tenable stance to take.
Speaker 17: If you are somebody whose career and livelihood depends on getting elected again.
Speaker 1: Well, and there lies the problem. As far as I'm concerned. You should do what's right, what's fiscally responsible. What is going to save the country from itself and not just to pease people see and get re elected. I could campaign if I cut back medicaid well, simply requiring people that are able bodied without families to engage in some work, training or work. I mean to the tune of what twenty hours a week is really a small, small ask.
Speaker 17: That's not unfair to say, but that has to extend to the person who might take advantage of the opportunity to take down an incumbent representative. Because that person told the country the truth, it leaves them to being a sitting duck. Hey, this person told you had to sacrifice something, I'm telling you the opposite. We're gonna keep giving you money. Nobody has to resist that urge. But it's been the American way for several hundred years.
Speaker 1: Well, they need to just hold up the Moody's reports. Say, look, we've already been downgraded. Why because our national debt is so big it's sucking up all the life out of the room. This is what we're talking about. So yeah, you can tell people there don't have to be any cuts, but it's just gonna get worse and our borrowing costs are just gonna get that much greater, and our debt service is gonna get that much greater. I mean, explain to my listeners if you can, Brian James, what would a default look like? How would that play out? If we couldn't make the debt service on our national debt?
Speaker 17: Nobody comes out of a US default looking pretty The entire world will be impacted because, whether they like us or not, we are by far, far, far, far far the largest economy on the face of the Earth. American economy is twenty two to twenty three trillion dollars something like that. China is somewhere around nineteen twenty trillion, and it goes rapidly down from there. So if all of a sudden, the rest of the planet basically being the entire universe, loses faith in the faith in the United States ability to pay its debt, then all of a sudden, all those countries and the rest of the world is going to lose a substantial customer base from which to sell, and that's going to have a domino effect. So nobody, even those who would prefer that we get knocked off our pedestal, will not benefit from that.
Speaker 9: Disruption to that level.
Speaker 17: Now I'm looking at I think these ratings, it's important to understand what the ratings actually mean, because some people might say, well, we're still since we're the largest economy, that means the ratings aren't as important because you know, we're just so gotsdarn big. Well, just to give some comparison, there there are nine other countries now that have perfect credit ratings. You still can buy government debt that has perfect credit rating. Germany, Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Australia, Singapore or in Luxembourg all have better credit ratings in the United.
Speaker 9: States and subsequently have lower yields.
Speaker 17: If you want to buy those countries treasury bonds, you're going to be getting about two percent on a ten year bond in compared to the United States, which is currently about four and a half percent. The yield on a bond is directly reflective brian of the of a country's ability to pay its debts. If you are a deadbeat, then you're not getting a credit card. If you do, you'll be paying thirty percent. The rest of the world is saying the United States needs to pay four and a half percent, while these other countries need to pay about two to borrow money.
Speaker 1: Well, it is illustrative of the problem. And I don't know. I guess at some point we may get junk status. What is junk considered? What nine percent and above or something along those lines.
Speaker 17: Well, the junk status has to do with the credit rating itself. It's not the yield directly, but that's triple Triple B is the last investment grade generally speaking, and below that you get labeled as junk, which doesn't mean you can't pay your debts. It just means you've kind of moved into a territory where it's a little more likely that anybody who owe that you owe money to ought to be paying attention to to make sure.
Speaker 1: That you are good for it. Fair enough, if we're going to find out about starter homes and Greater Cincinnati, are there any even out there more of Brian James Walworth Financial, Hey nineteen If you have fair CD talk Station Money Monday. Brian James Allworth Financial, Hey, real quick here, since you talked about credit rating and the Moody's downgrading at United States credit rating, I just checked my credit score the other day. I get a notice from LifeLock saying, hey, your credit score is changed, or I check it out. You know, I still have excellent credit, And at one point I actually had a perfect credit store. It didn't last very long, so it dropped two points. And the reason is because I have excellent in every single category except one. They say I don't have enough accounts that I should have more available credit. I'm thinking, how bast awkward is that? That doesn't make any sense to me. I'm dutifully and timefully paying off what credit cards I have. I don't need any additional credit. Why in the hell would I want to go out and get more. It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it is kind of counterintuitive.
Speaker 17: What they're basically saying is that you're such a good credit risk that we think you should have more. I think there's a little bit of an ulterior motive in there that to help you encourage you to do that. I've noticed that the biggest spikes I've gotten in my credit score is when, you know, if we do something for the house or whatever, and there's some kind of promotional zero percent rate, Sure, I'll take that. I don't really care about the credit, don't really need that. But all of a sudden A month later, my credit score spikes because I have an extra line in place, off of which I'm not paying anybody any interest.
Speaker 9: It just gave me a better price.
Speaker 17: But yes, they do want you to have more if you take it, if you want to take advantage of those things, it will give you a higher score.
Speaker 1: All right. I'm not interested in it, because I'm still fine. It just it just drives me crazy when I read that, I'm like, damn it, why would I want to go out and get, you know, a more opportunity to borrow that I wouldn't use. To your point, I wouldn't need it. I don't need it. I wouldn't use it. So anyhow, moving back to your topics that you provided. Sorry for the curve ball there, Brian, I just found that very frustrating. Starter homes Are there any around Cincinnati? I saw the article from Randy Tucker and from the Enquirer, and apparently they're in very short.
Speaker 17: Supply, very much so. Yeah, so if you look around there, there's still plenty of building going on. Right, We've been talking about this housing crash that's supposed to be coming for years now. Maybe we've given up on talking about it we found a new shiny object, but that simply hasn't happened. But no, there's not many starter type homes being built in Cincinnati, you know, the kind of homes one or two, maybe three bedrooms at the most. But obviously to allow a young family to kind of get started, really struggling for buyers to find a home for under three hundred thousand that doesn't require major work or isn't a neighborhood that's not quite ideal.
Speaker 9: The demand is there. Of course, there are people in the situation.
Speaker 17: We probably all know young people who would prefer to get out of their apartments and their condos and get into something different.
Speaker 9: But the supply is not there, and the reason is it's just not as attractive for builders.
Speaker 17: Builders are prefer larger homes because there's more profit margin, that's more scalable. If you think about fixed costs like permitting and comply and all the stuff that they have to do that has nothing to do with putting two by fours together, those fixed costs are the same no matter the size of the ultimate home, and their preference, of course, is to make as much money as they possibly can, so they're focusing on the larger homes still in this area.
Speaker 1: Well, it's always puzzled me because unless I've got the whole concept wrong, it seems to me the trend is for people to pursue a smaller home. Now, that doesn't mean you have to sacrifice on quality. You could really build a superior quality with all the amenities, much smaller home. You don't have to build some mega mansion or mini mansion. And when you do, you've got so much additional you know, like heating and air conditioning expense, you got to furnish their rooms. It seems to be stupid to have that much space, most notably if you don't have a really big family, and with an aging population, the demand for smaller homes is probably increased because you don't want as much place to have to clean. Maybe you don't want to go up and downstairs, and you're looking for ranchumps. That just sounds to me like an ideal opportunity for a smart dev to build small err homes compared to what they've been building, but make them at higher quality to increase that profit margin.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but I think the higher quality part.
Speaker 17: If you're increasing the profit margin, you're increasing the price, and that's one of the non starters for a young family getting started in and we've addressed.
Speaker 9: That too with patio homes.
Speaker 17: Patio homes are popping up everywhere, but a starter family is not going to want that because they need somewhere to let the kids run around and storage of all the old baby stuff and all that other things, and those neighborhoods tend to be fifty five and older anyway, So we just haven't filled that gap here in this area. Other cities have, the cities with real real estate spikes that are really truly issues, such as Austin, Denver, Portland to Minneapolis.
Speaker 9: These are places that have changed how they do zoning laws.
Speaker 17: So, for example, Minneapolis in twenty nineteen started to allow duplexus and triplexus city wide to at least let off some of that some of that demand. Those kind of steps have not been taken around here yet because it's still arguably affordable for a you know, somebody who's looking for a quote unquote starter home to get into that three hundred, three hundred and fifty thousand. But we're getting to the point where it's just not gonna be feasible for somebody to take that.
Speaker 1: Step unless you're willing to buy one that needs maybe quite a bit of work.
Speaker 17: Correct or in a neighborhood that is hopefully going to turn around in the next decade or so. But yeah, you have to kind of you're taking a risk there if you really need that house with more bedrooms, you are looking to again pick up something that's gonna need a lot of work, or in a neighborhood that you may not want to be raising your kids in.
Speaker 1: Understand tough challenges out there in the world these days, Is there do you see anything that might turn this around?
Speaker 17: Honestly, we've been talking about this for years. Haven't we been talking about this ever since two thousand and eight? Really, you know, I would have thought it would have happened by now. When is the bubble gonna pop where people just say, you know what, I just can't do it. I can't buy these houses. I'm talking to my clients who are retiring and some of them are still buying three and four bedroom houses, And I scratched my head, Brian, why are we doing this? It's all almost like it's become ingrained that I just have to live in a house. That's just all there is out there. So I'm going to have a couple empty rooms just the way.
Speaker 1: It is fair enough. Brian James will continue one more of that topic. All right, you know, I admit and you know I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I've said it so many times. Regular listeners know that I do watch shows like Wheel Fortune to wind down before I go to bed at eight, Brian, and it always blows my mind to see the cost of some of these vacation trips that they put together. I'm like, Lord almighty, how does any kind of regular, average American family spend that kind of money to go someplace like that? And I was never a big guy when it came to travel, certainly not global travel. I've always enjoyed spending time here in the United States of America, where there seems to be an endless supply of destinations. But I understand that the big summer vacation plans are being put on ice this summer.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 17: So when I'm doing financial plans for clients, what we always budget for vacation and used to be that we would throw in. If somebody didn't talk about travel, like it wasn't a retirement goal, I'd throw in three thousand bucks, because everybody would go down to Myrtle Beach or Hilton Had, you know, once or twice and three thousand bucks would cover it. That minimum has now become five thousand for my folks who don't bring up travel. For the ones who say, yes, we've always wanted to travel, we can't wait to do it. Now we're putting in ten to twelve thousand at an absolute minimum. For the ones who want to hit it hard, we're budgeting twenty thousand dollars per year, and so there's stories in here about of course, if you're going to budget out a trip to Europe, that's going to be in the twenty thousand dollars range to go make it worth your while.
Speaker 9: Nobody goes for a long weekend. You're going to make it at least ten.
Speaker 17: Days or so twenty thousand dollars. Now, we budgeted one for the James family. We didn't end up going because it was twenty twenty and you can remember what happened then. We were very close to swiping the credit card, but it was going to be about thirteen thousand at that point to get all five of us through Scandinavia and then that was through cost Co, which is about as reasonable as you can possibly get. But yeah, so we're hearing stories about forty one percent of people this year plan trips of three nights or fewer, meaning you know, we're taking long weekends. That's up from thirty seven percent. So we've seen a ten percent increase year over year in the people who are saying we're not going to take as big of a vacation as we've as we've done in the past. Americans who are planning vacations period it dropped below forty percent this year.
Speaker 9: That's still lower than twenty twenty four In about.
Speaker 17: Twelve percent of travelers say they've changed their plans because of the tariffs, which have spooked him enough to say, the heck with it, We'll just we'll stay in this summer.
Speaker 1: Well, I saw this one guy that's quoted in the article. He said the tariffs sort of got everybody around the world mad at us. He was worried about being treated poorly if he showed up at his original destination because the locals would frown upon us tourists. Is that really a thing?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think some of that stuff is overblown. As for sexy headline.
Speaker 17: So, I have a good friend of mine who's a federal employee, and he was sent to Europe for about three months during all this stuff. He just got back and we asked him that question, are you getting grief from anybody? And most of it was good natured ribbing, you know, just kind of saying, hey, the United States isn't playing nice in the sandbox anymore. But he had no point faced any kind of true, you know, adverse consequences because of those headlines. I wouldn't worry too much about that part. People know the reality that the average person wandering around the streets, you know, from the United States doesn't have control over this and may may not agree with Oh that's I'm not too worried about that. That's the practical bottom line is. Listen, I'm not Trump. I didn't do it, for sure. I hurried him to the extent it's going to even do anything anyhow. Has tourism dropped off from foreigners coming into the United States? I know Canada had a fairly sizable double digit drop in Canadians interested in visiting the United States because of tariff'sligiously generally speaking, but how about generally the US tourism industry.
Speaker 1: Has it dropped off for a similar reasons?
Speaker 9: Absolutely? Yeah, for political purposes.
Speaker 17: Yeah, So international travel the United States is down about five percent in twenty five compared to twenty four. That's despite earlier forecasts that were predicting close to nine growth. Now, those forecasts, of course, did not take into account what the United States was going to be doing politically here in the first quarter of twenty twenty five. So we're now estimating that visitors spending is going to fall by about eleven percent, and that's going to cost US about eighteen billion dollars in money that is no longer coming over from overseas in the handbook or in the purchase of travelers.
Speaker 1: Well, but how does the dollar fare? And so far as you know, one's a spending ability, I mean, are we is a foreign national in good shape coming here? Do they get more value let's say, for their euro here than they otherwise would? Where's the currency stand?
Speaker 17: Yeah, so the US dollar is weakening, of course, because in what that means is that it is cheaper for foreigners to come to the United States.
Speaker 9: In the United States should be.
Speaker 17: Looking like a more attractive, attractive option because mathematically, speaking, it's cheaper for them to come overseas. I remember when the opposite was true. This is probably about twenty years ago, Brian. Yes, and I remember seeing ads in the paper of all this is how so I'm dating myself now, but ads in the paper for how cheap it was to go spend a long weekend shopping in Europe.
Speaker 9: Because the opposite was true.
Speaker 17: The dollar was so strong and the euro was so weak it would cost next to nothing for you to fly overseas and do that. The opposite is it's not quite the same here but at the but it hasn't had the impact in terms of the travel demand because of all the geopolitical stuff going on. So people right now are focusing on their passions, not the numbers.
Speaker 1: Brian James another edition of Monday Monday. Thanks to all Worth for loaning out every Monday for a nice chat and helpful information. Brian. I'll look forward to another audition next Monday, and I hope you have a wonderful week.
Speaker 9: You too, have a good week. Talk to you Monday.
Speaker 1: Thanks brother. It's eight thirty nine, almost e thirty nine here fifty five car City Talk Station, A very happy Monday to you. Oh, I have been intrigued by this since I saw him on the rundown. I'm happy to welcome to the fifty five Carssey Morning Show. Since any Native an Air Force veteran he did servicing Iraq, he is well also kind of crazy. I will tell you that Tom Hester welcome to the program. By way of background, he's currently the vice president and co founder Heroic Expeditions. It's a nonprofit organization whose mission is to empower veterans to reclaim their sense of self and help them find healing and unearth the boundless possibilities that await them after the years of military service. Programs offered by Heroic Expeditions dot org include mental health counseling referrals, group recreational activities, and a mental health first aid course. Let me start off by thanking you for your service to our country. Tim, it's a pleasure to have you on this morning.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for having me something I've been looking forward to for a while.
Speaker 1: Now, And I said, kind of crazy. You're going to be at the Lunch with a Veteran event on Sunday, May twenty fifth, and this takes place at Arlington Memorial Gardens. Have I got that correct, Yes, and Arlington Memorial Gardens has obtained exclusive rights to something I'm sure near and dear to your heart at the PBS documentary called Defying Death on the Atlantic, and you're a crew member on the team that's featured in this PBS documentary.
Speaker 4: Is that correct?
Speaker 3: That is correct, and probably why you and many other call me crazy.
Speaker 1: That's that, okay? How many of us would sign up for what is described as a perilous three thousand mile ocean rowing race called the World's Toughest row. I mean, that's bad assery or craziness right there, My friend tell us all about what this race involves before we get to the details of what happened to you on that team in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 16: Well, I think you're absolutely right. Not many people would sign up for that amount of craziness a three thousand mile row, no sales, no engines, just you and your team. And if you ain't rowing, you ain't going three thousand miles from Lagamra and the Canary Islands to Antigua in the Caribbean.
Speaker 3: That was the goal to help motivate fellow veterans to.
Speaker 16: Get out of their little bubble out of their own world, go do something cool like you got to while you were in the military, overcome your challenges.
Speaker 3: We set out to help guys get over trauma, and we came home with just a little bit more of our own.
Speaker 1: Yes, you did. How many men are on the team?
Speaker 3: You've never cooperated the way we needed it too.
Speaker 1: Well, it's the ocean. You don't have no idea what you're going to run into out there in the ocean. How many men are on your team? We're on your team.
Speaker 16: We were all deployed together in two thousand and eight, so by the time the race started in twenty twenty two, we had known each other and become lifelong friends, were ready to go do some badassery together.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And there were a total of how many of you?
Speaker 3: There were four of us four?
Speaker 16: Yeah, So there were always two guys rowing, and there were always two guys resting, rotated in two hour shifts twenty four to seven.
Speaker 1: So how long, okay, how long did you anticipate this three thousand mile because I know you didn't make it in twenty twenty two, and we're going to get to that the moment. I'm keeping my powder dry on on what happened to you. But the expectation of the time it would take to complete when you started out, Oh, it's going to take us about how many days to complete this?
Speaker 16: We were shooting for under fifty fifty days.
Speaker 18: Yes, unsupported. So we had all of our own food packed in the boat. We had solar panels, so we had energy on the boat, and we also had a desalinator on board so we could drink fresh water made right from the ocean.
Speaker 1: Now, in terms of the size of the craft, how many feet was it and was did it come with some form of shelter because you get inclement weather, as we're going to find out. So what does a general description of the boat look like.
Speaker 16: The boat was twenty eight feet long by five feet wide. The rowing portion the deck of the boat was completely open. There was no overhead shelter or anything. But each end of the boat had a cabin in it and that's where you would spend you off shift, so you were enclosed on either end of the boat.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, the name of your team, which I got a big chuckle out of, and I know it was done. It done tongue in cheek, but let my listeners know.
Speaker 3: The team an organization that we rode for was called Fight.
Speaker 1: Or Die or is oar right? All right? So that makes perfect sense considering you're going on a three thousand mile ocean rowing race. So in twenty twenty two, when you embarked on this at the outset huge challenge, let my listeners know what happened. What's depicted in the Defying Death on the Atlantic documentary.
Speaker 16: Sure, so, like you had said, the race started in December, I don't The reason it starts at that time frame is because the trade winds off of Africa should have formed by then. Well, what had happened to us? Right around Christmas Day? There was a giant storm that passed over Buffalo, New York. I think it dropped like eight feet as no wantum, and then the jet stream pushed out to the North Atlantic. Well, that storm generated thirty forty foot swells, sustained thirty nine winds, and on the morning of the twenty eighth our boat that was supposed to self right in the event of a capsize, our boat capsized on top of a wave.
Speaker 3: We got hit by a giant got.
Speaker 16: The wind flipped our boat over in the middle of the night, and never self righted the way it was supposed to, so effectively ending our race right at that moment.
Speaker 1: And so this is the middle of the night and you're out in the middle of the ocean. Obviously there's no light going on around there. Can I just ask you, because I know exactly if I would, that would be a I have to change my shorts inducing moment in time. What were your emotions like at the time that that happened. And I know you were out at sea for a while thereafter, We'll get to that in a minute, but what were your emotions like at the very moment that that happened.
Speaker 16: I was in the cabin and I'm very grateful that I was inside when it happened.
Speaker 3: I was kind of in between sleep and total fear at that moment. Yeah, we knew we were in probably.
Speaker 16: Not the best of situations, so we were all kind of on edge the whole day. The moment the boat flipped over, there was probably a split second.
Speaker 3: Of oh my god, we're upside down. This is not good. But right after that training kind of kicked in.
Speaker 16: This is a race and a moment we had been preparing for for a couple of years at that point, so I was in a position where I knew the boat was supposed to flip back over, but it was totally dark and all I could see was.
Speaker 3: The waterline in the window of the hatch and it didn't move.
Speaker 1: Oh my, Now you swam out then from the hatch, I presume.
Speaker 16: So, kind of like a car accident. Time slowed down a lot while I was in the cabin.
Speaker 4: I had to.
Speaker 16: Grab all of our gear that we were going to need. I had heard one of my teammates will, yeah, we need to get to the life raft. The boat's not flipping over, So at that moment it was time to go to work. I knew I needed to grab a lot of stuff for us. Turned out I had been in that cabin for about forty to forty five minutes before I left the cabin and get to the life raft.
Speaker 3: Wow, and well, I had no idea it was that long. It felt like maybe five to ten.
Speaker 1: Oh my. And was all of your your crewmates were safe in the quote unquote safe sense under the circumstances, Maybe not so safe considering the storm raging around you. In the fact that your boat was flipped over but you had the life raft. Did any point in time any of the crewmates like lose track of the boat or the craft I get washed out that they were concerned that they might not be rescued or get get back to the life raft.
Speaker 16: So two of us were in the cars and two of the teammates were actually on deck still in the rowing position.
Speaker 3: So when you are not in a cabin, you are required to be harnessed and tethered.
Speaker 16: So when the boat did flip over, two of the teammates were actually ejected opposite directions.
Speaker 3: The other two of us were still in.
Speaker 16: The cabin right, So them being tethered to the boat was paramount to everybody making at home.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's reassuring to know. I was kind of wondering how that worked out. So thank god for safety equipment and portable radio. Did you have an opportunity to communicate you weren't flying blind out there in the middle of the ocean before the vote boat cap size? Did you have a portable radio or something that went with a lifeboat or the lifeboat have one built in?
Speaker 3: So we had a satellite phone that we actually had to use and keep on every day.
Speaker 16: We were part of a race hosted by Atlantic Campaigns and they have very strict safety requirements, and one of those is you talk on a satellite phone with their safety officer at least every other day. And we had just spoken with him on the satellite phone the day before, so you know, we had the satellite phone on a charger.
Speaker 3: When I was drabbing gear to go to the life raft, that was one of the things I grabbed.
Speaker 16: I grab the satellite phone, a VHF radio, and a handheld GPS.
Speaker 3: That's about all we had. Now by the time we got to the life raft, though, the satellite phone.
Speaker 16: Had gotten wet and it didn't work. Oh no, So our only communication devices were two cell phones that weren't going to work in the middle of the Atlantic, and a VHF radio that works by line of sight. So that's actually not very far when you're still in thirty foot waves.
Speaker 1: Jeez. So how many days were you on the or how long we were on the how long I should say we were on the life raft before you were rescued, and how did you get rescued.
Speaker 16: Well, we had been in the life raft for approximately sixteen hours before ever making contact with anybody.
Speaker 3: On about our.
Speaker 16: Sixteen and a half we made another May Day call on that VHF radio and we received a reply via two Mike clicks from who We had no idea who could hear us, but at that point we didn't care. About an hour later we were able to communicate with somebody, still didn't know who it was, and then an hour later we were picked up by a six hundred foot cargo ship out of the Netherlands.
Speaker 3: Wow, from a deflating life raft.
Speaker 1: Oh my, And I'm sure all of this is in the PBS documentary to Fine Death on the Atlantic. Again, it's Arlington Memorial Gardens has got the exclusive rights to premiere this. You will be at the premiere if you show up at Arlington Memorial Gardens May fourth, that's Saturday one is the first showing. You got a four pm showing on the twenty fourth, and then on Sunday, May twenty fifth is a two pm showing. And that's the day when you'll be speaking at the annual luncheon with a veteran That's the twenty fifth of May. Right, Yes, I am very excited for that, I guess, and you know, I thank god you're alive and able to talk about this. Just amazing story.
Speaker 3: Just.
Speaker 1: Proving again why I would never volunteer to do something as crazy as this Sunday.
Speaker 3: Maybe people would not.
Speaker 16: I believe more people have been to space than have rowed a boat across an ocean.
Speaker 1: And that sounds about right to be a Heroic Expeditions dot org for my veteran friends in the audio, in the audience doing great things, Veterans united in resilience, bonded forged in adventure like the one we just talked about. It's been a real pleasure having on the program, and thanks again for your service to our country and your continued service to our country with your organization Heroic Expeditions.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you.
Speaker 1: The pleasure has been all mine. Crazy man got respect, There's no doubt about it. Eight fifty one fifty five KRC Detalk.
Speaker 10: Station fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: What if you had an extra doub