Speaker 1: It's eyes Dan Untell you Mazy Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, interesting story today if you are a political junkie, and a lot of us are political junkies who listened to Nightside. The General Executive Board of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters decided not to endorse any candidate for president of the United States. Now, the Teamster represents about one point three million members. That's a lot of members. You might remember that Sean O'Brien, who's the president of the Teamsters, spoke before the Republican Convention in July. He said, today, unfortunately, not the major candidate was able to make serious commitments to our union to ensure the interest of working people are always put before big business, said President Sean O'Brien. He added that the union quote sought commitments from both Trump and the Harris to both Trump and Harris not to interfere in critical union campaigns or court Teamster industries, and to honor a member's right to strike, but they were unable to secure those pledges unquote. Now, as I mentioned, O'Brien was a speaker. He was invited to speak at the Republican National Convention, and he did. I guess he didn't get a similar invitation from the Democrats a couple of weeks ago, and faced the nation, he talked about that this is cut number twenty nine, rob on our cutsheet, Cut twenty nine.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say this, whatever the critics out there, and they are very few in the leadership, whenever I get an opportunity to highlight the American worker, especially the teams to worker, I'm going to take any and all venue. We asked both conventions respectively at the same time, and the Republican National Convention immediately responded to us, didn't try and edit edding of our messages, and I was hopeful that the Democrats would do the same, but they didn't. I'm not upset about it, but I can tell you this, my rank and file members, who have been lifelong Democrats are not happy about it.
Speaker 2: So in the run up to this decision, the Teamsters have run some polls of their members, and maybe it would be surprising for you to find out that the Teamsters released the results of an electronic poll of Teamster's members which show showed fifty nine point six percent let's round it to sixty percent supporting a Trump endorsement. Compared to thirty four percent supporting a Harris endorsement. This is interesting. This is interesting. The Teamsters have endorsed every Democratic candidate presidential candidate of this century, starting with Al Gore in two thousand, John Kerry in twenty twenty four, President Obama in two thousand and eight and in twenty and twelve, Hillary Clinton in twenty sixteen, Joe Biden in twenty and twenty. So that's when you think about it. If you list go to the list, it's Gore, Kerry twice for President Obama, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden. So you have to go back to nineteen ninety six when the Teamsters union did not endorse the Democrat and they chose not to endorse Bill Clinton in nineteen ninety six because he had just signed the NAFTA deal, which was a sellout of a union of unions by a Democratic resident ironically, so this is a big step. They didn't endorse Donald Trump. But in my opinion, and it's only my opinion, this is a moment in the campaign that could be a game changer. Now I know that there's still a little less than seven weeks, seven weeks. I think it's forty eight days, not that I'm counting, and Donald Trump could say something crazy tomorrow. He says something's crazy so far. But I think this is a game changer, big time game changer. So I want to know what you think this could hurt. Kamala Harris in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania. Those are areas with a lot of Teamster's Union members and their families, and you know that Teamster families will vote as one. I think that's pretty apparent. Okay, that is the history of the union. So I have one more SoundBite here from two weeks ago on Face the Nation, and this is cut number thirty. Rob If you play this one O'Brien explaining why he spoke at the Iron c Why wouldn't he speak at the.
Speaker 3: Iron c oh I spoke there because it was the ability to highlight how important we are. It was the ability to call out the people, the corporate elitist who forget who built this country, the American workers. You know, people like to you know, have their own opinions on why we were there, But I was there to talk about the American workers.
Speaker 1: It wasn't an endorsement for any and all Republicans. It was strictly a message about how important and how valuable we are and to let the people know that fight us every day.
Speaker 2: That went out going away. So that's his explanation clearly. I think Vice President Harris Kamala Harris was with the executive board of the Teamsters. I believe it was Monday, you know, and I'm sure she was pleading with them to do what they have done in the past, and that is support Democrats. Now, there were at different times in the past. I think that Richard Nixon might have gotten an endorsement in one of his elections. I think President Reagan might have gotten an endorsement. George Bush forty one may have gotten an endorsement. But since two thousand it's been Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, no endorsement. That's a generation of teams to members who it was going to be interesting. I think this is a game changer. It's something that the Democrats, I think are going to have to work on and I'd love to know what you think. We'll take a quick break. It is eleven fourteen here on night Side. My name is Stan Ray. As I said, tomorrow night, we'll be talking with Larry and Scott Rubinstein about your car, your next car, how to get rid of your current car, what to do about your current car, and how to get ready for fall and winter driving. All those questions answered tomorrow night, from tent until midnight. My name is Dan Ray. Let's keep rolling here all the way to midnight. This is important. Let's let's feel free. The only lines are open right now are six one seven, so don't waste your time, six one thirty. Therefore, we'll be back on Nightside.
Speaker 4: Now, back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: We are in the WBC Nightside studios, and let's get to the phone callers who are not but that's okay. Let's let's get to them right now. We'll see what people have to say here on Nightside. Let me pull it up. Let's go right to let me live. I've missed up here a little bit. Rob. Let me get rid of a couple of these. Here we go, going to go to John and Newton. First. John, you are next up, first up this hour and Nightside. Your thought about the teamster's decision not to endorse John?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Any damn yeah, my thought about the teamster's not to endorse. Well, you know, I think that the teams have sometimes shocked us with these you know, new endorsements that they don't stand behind, and you know, it's just it's kind of a shame. Really is a shame that they're not pulling this out for this guy.
Speaker 2: So so who did who did? Did you expect them to endorse Harris or Trump?
Speaker 5: Well, a lot of people like Trump. You know, I really can't tell you. It doesn't shock me that they hunt, you know, standing by the Democratic Party.
Speaker 2: Really. I mean, for the last six presidential elections, going all the way back to two thousand, they've endorsed a Democrat, including twice they endorsed Democrat against Donald Trump. He will be Clinton in twenty sixteen and Joe Biden in twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: Well, sometimes I think Trump isn't even really there. He's he's like a character, you know, he's at least on my side of everything, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let me try to figure out where you are. Are you a Trump supporter or a Harris supporter?
Speaker 5: I'm I'm whoever's going to send me to space supporter, But you know, I do like I do like Trump and I actually I do like Carris as well, and I tell everybody, hey, I think Joe Biden is the best president right now.
Speaker 2: He is. I will, I will agree Biden president right now. He's the only president right now ahead.
Speaker 5: He's he's the real president. He's actually the real president.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let me ask you this. Are you undecided between Trump and Harris? Truly undecided?
Speaker 5: Am I undecided? I don't. I don't really know. I just whatever, I don't know. I have. I have a few connections to President Trump, so I know, you know, I know that I know some people to know him, and uh so I like to make that person happy.
Speaker 2: But well, in the voting both you could vote for whomever you want. No one's going to know who you vote for. So let me ask you. Did you vote for Joe Biden in twenty twenty No.
Speaker 5: No, I didn't. I missed voting. I just I got too busy.
Speaker 2: Okay, that can happen even with the mail in ballots and early voting. Did you vote for Trump in twenty sixteen against Hillary Clinton?
Speaker 5: I got too busy.
Speaker 2: So you haven't voted? When was the last presidential election you took? It? Took the time to voted.
Speaker 5: I think it was. I can't really twenty twenty sixteen, twenty twelve, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, in twenty twelve it was Mitt Romney and President.
Speaker 5: Obama Nam President Obama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are the choices. Did you vote for either one of them?
Speaker 5: I voted. I definitely voted for President Obama.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So are you a Democrat more than a Republican? Don't? I guess I don't. I'm not trying to put you on the spot. I just it sounds to me like you're actually voter.
Speaker 5: That I used to know was with President Bush. You know, Okay, the new the new, the new Republican Party is and I don't know, I really like President Bush. I liked President Bush. And I really really got to like Rumsfeld and Shay and those people.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 5: I like them a lot.
Speaker 2: Well, you were a Republican and you and you have they have fallen out of You're not a fan of Trump. I get it. I get it. Keep me posted as to who you're going to vote for it because I think.
Speaker 5: You truly I like you know, I like them all. They're all good. They're all good people.
Speaker 2: They're all good people. Okay, Well, yeah, make sure you vote. Well, yes, sir, okay, thanks Johns, a great night. Good night. Let me go to Bill. Bill. I don't think you're undecided.
Speaker 6: No, No, that was a little confused.
Speaker 7: And I mean, yeah, you know, logically, even if you take a step back and you just look at call them A and call them B and don't look at personalities, don't look at whatever, just look at basic results, it's pretty clear if you're going to hire somebody, you know, who would you hire A or B? And uh, I think I go back to A because you know, things were a little lighter, you had a little more exit in your pocket. And uh, in the world Trump guy.
Speaker 2: So realizing you're a Trump guy, which is fine, what sort of an impact do you think this non endorsement by the Teamsters and again putting in his context.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I mean they are big, be honest with you. I didn't think they were going to do with anybody anyhow. I read the story. I actually just got back a few I was out in Michigan for a few days and ironically, and I was reading catching up while I was on the plane, and I think the team says it just kind of going, uh, you know, they're basically doing all the Union people I've met all the years, like the UAW. Right, yeah, they endorsed the Democrat, but that's the leadership. I came back from Michigan. My buddy lives up in Grand rapt In fact, Vance was there the day before, up by Spada, which where he lives. He had they had a rally up there and a lot of Trump signs. And if you talk to most of the ICE on the Sunday afternoon from the UAW they're all voting for Trump. So the fact that the Union sixty percent of them are voting for Trump, and I know some of the guys in UPS, it doesn't surprise me the teams because you know UPS drivers that I talked to the majority of them over the years. I've talked to very few guys they say. He used to laugh about it. We'd have coffee and see my union. I get a list of who to support. They're all Democrats. By I go in to booth, I vote Republican. They always told me, yes, well.
Speaker 2: But remember this look. And in twenty twenty President Trump lost Michigan, lost Wisconsin, and lost Pennsylvania. So you know, after four years, yeah, well those are critical vote.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I mean I could go down the list. There was a lot of stuff, but I'm happy to see they put some of the stuff back. They have the rarefied signature is now in Pennsylvania that came back.
Speaker 2: So I don't want to go back and retigate twenty. I don't want to say this. All I'm just saying is that this is a close race in my opinion, and this might be a day that we're going to look back and say the fact that one that a union representing one point three million members and their families which mail multiplies that political impact by three or four because you're talking about parents and siblings and spouses and maybe even kids. So you're talking about a lot of people here. And the Teamsters, which generally endorsed as a Democrat, didn't endorse Donald Trump, but chose not to endorse Vice President Harris.
Speaker 7: That's I'm also surprised that they didn't let O'Brien speak at the convention figuring what the Republicans did, and they gave him a good amount of time because I watched that speech and I was actually kind of impressed. I thought he got.
Speaker 2: A great amount of time and he was given a five time slot. He didn't. It was like he spoke at two in the afternoon when the hall was you know, one third of the delegates were there and everybody else was still waking up from the night before. So we'll see. And I think it's a big deal. But I'm trying to figure out, do you think today was a big deal or no?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would say one to ten. It was maybe maybe a seven. I wouldn't say it a ten, and we rigged the scale, but I'd say it was a seven because they went against the grain. That alone, it is a big deal.
Speaker 5: Got it all.
Speaker 2: Right with you? Did you call as always? Let's see who else. I think it's a bigger deal than a seven, But maybe I'm overstating it. Let me go to Matt Brighton. Matt, you're next ten nights.
Speaker 5: I go ahead, Hey, you know, and then.
Speaker 2: Great, Matt, your thought on what the teamsays did not do today, Well, the leadership of the teams just did not do right.
Speaker 8: So I'm looking at, you know, the data, and you know, I like to go by facts, and I see the last time that they gave any real Republican support was around Reagan and Bush Senior since then. They in nineteen ninety six they did not back anybody, yep, but they you know, they backed Obama.
Speaker 9: They donated you.
Speaker 8: Know, haff A Junior and then the current. But Bryant what's his last name, O'Brien the current.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's a boss, the guy by the way from Charleston.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, from Medford or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah maybe well might maybe live there now, but he grew up I think at Jostown. I hope to have him on the show. I've got to reaching out to him actually to be.
Speaker 8: Mean, yeah, and that would be great, you know, Okay, to hear I think I think the ultimate thing is I think today was important. I don't know how many of the voters across America are going to hear and notice this for those who are not part of unions that in effects. Someone like myself is not affected directly by this, but I think it speaks to because they also, you know, have leadership in Canada. I'm not leadership, but they also you know, represent unions in Canada, and I think them basically saying being mute on the subject, you know, is a mistake. Fifty eight percent wanted Trump, very low percentage compared to that wanted, Harris, And when you're in a union or when you're in a large group of people, all I could say is a majority rule like that should have some power and decision and not listening to or for lack of a better term, respecting that on some level.
Speaker 2: And you're telling me you're you're a little disappointed that they didn't endorse Trump.
Speaker 8: If if Yeah, well I get yes for the people by the percentage who said of the majority of the one point three million said we want Trump. Majority rules in many situations in life, and I think that that's what should it happen.
Speaker 2: All right, fair enough, Matt, appreciate your call. Thank you, Thank you so much, as always, have a great one.
Speaker 9: No problem, all right here, Uh, let me.
Speaker 2: Go to Frank in Montreal. Frank, welcome to night Side. How are you tonight?
Speaker 6: Good Dan, Thanks a lot for taking my call. I've called once before and it was just interesting to hear your last caller reference Canada and the unions a very strong unions are actually almost too strong in Canada. But my take on the unions, and some people may be a guest at this statement, but they are basically corporate terrorists and you know, you have people who if you think about unions, originally, of course you needed them. People's rights were there were not a lot of job options. People were almost forced to work in certain conditions, and.
Speaker 2: Everyone would agree with that. Why do you call them corporate terrorists? Though? I mean, do you well you think that? Let me ask us, do you think people have a right to join unions?
Speaker 5: I hope of course you have the right.
Speaker 6: There are many options and job opportunities out there. If you don't like the conditions, if you don't like the job, get another job. No one's forcing you to work there.
Speaker 2: So if if, if you're if you're admitting that unions have a right, you know, to to exist and to and people have workers have a right to organize. There comes a time when the group says, hey, we have a we need to strike because they're not offering enough money, or there's some problem with working conditions or whatever. They have that right to do that. I don't think you can say to let's say, you know, five thousand people at a manufacturing plant, go find another job. I mean, I think there should be a balance. Don't you that that that that the unions, Yeah, they can strike, but at the same time. As they strike and they hurt the company, they're also kind of hurting themselves, and hopefully at the end everybody comes to a deal where probably no one is totally happy, but everybody gets a little bit of what they want and the company continues to produce widgets and make money for the shareholders as well as the employees. Isn't that ideally what was supposed to have happen?
Speaker 6: Well, but what can you not think that if, for example, if there was no union, and there are many companies where there are no unions, correct, and people are maybe not necessarily happy with conditions. But if people start to leave and say well, I'm going to go elsewhere, maybe to the competition, for example, eventually that employer is going to say, well, I'm better to either raise my wages or my working conditions or improve conditions, and you let a free economy sort of take over, and this way it's more equitable that way.
Speaker 2: Well, sounds to be like you don't think unions are really a part of a free economy, and that they tilt the power structure away from the companies.
Speaker 6: They do, and in fact, many people you know you're paying union dues, and how many people are actually I guess you're benefiting from maybe higher wages. But then you know, if you think about the teachers' union, which is very strong, I think probably in almost every state, it's certainly in Canada, it's very strong, and you think of these teachers who you know, young graduates who and by the way, for the record, I think teachers are so underpaid or not appreciated for what they do. But nonetheless it's sort of established or understood that they're overworked and underpaid. So you have students in new new graduates that become teachers and then shortly thereafter their striking, and I'm thinking you knew the deal going into it, so you know, again, if you don't have enough teacher as well, eventually do you say, well, hell, we better start paying these people what they deserve for giving me.
Speaker 2: I get that, I get that, But sometimes you have what one of my law school professors used to call an irreconcilable conflict, that you've reached a point where both sides just fundamentally disagree and the only way, the only thing the union can do if the union believes they're underpaid, you could say to the teachers, oh yeah, go find a better job somewhere else. But as individuals trying to go find a better job, they may have a difficult time doing that. And they're in the union because they they believe that in unity, their strength and all of that. I I I think that, Yeah, I think that the balance between businesses and corporations are good for both in my opinion. That's all. I'm a union member. I do not want to see any of my money used for political purposes. I want to see my money used to improve the working conditions, the relationships, you know, with the financial relationships. But I think you've opened up a big can of worms there that takes me a little bit away from my topic.
Speaker 6: I did, Sorry about that, but no problem, no problem, Okay, thanks for taking the call in the program.
Speaker 2: Frankly, what do you do up in What do you do up in Montreal?
Speaker 6: If I could ask, I own a company, okay, but we're too small to have you know, I'm self employed.
Speaker 2: But you know, how many do you have employees?
Speaker 6: Yes? A handful, yeah, a handful.
Speaker 2: Okay. So you're you're providing, you're providing work, and you're you're providing uh, job opportunities for people to feed their families. Which is wonderful and I wish you every success in the world. Do you want to tell me, do you want to give you a company a plug? Maybe we have some other listeners in Montreal that that will like to, you know, purchase your products or do you do you want to keep it on the d.
Speaker 6: Lough No, it's it's actually we're in semiconductors and we are. Yeah, so we're we're the semiconductory manufacturer and we are. I shouldn't they manufacturer? We wrap them so we're a middle guy and uh, you know what we it's all about relationships.
Speaker 2: It's all about you've picked the great You've picked a great business there, okay, and you're going to be very it.
Speaker 6: Has been well, it's been. It's been. It's been a good run, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: The only problem is that you get you get nailed with tax is not only revenue Canada, but revenue Quebec. And it's it's a very expensive government that you support up there.
Speaker 6: Both extremely extremely We.
Speaker 2: Could talk about that. I know, I know quite a bit about the tax rates in Quebec and uh and revenue.
Speaker 6: Yeah, every dollar over seventy k you're paying fifty two you're you're giving more to the government than you're taking home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a point. There's a point where you're paying you keep one the revenue Canada gets one and revenue Quebec gets one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you have in this province have to file two income tax returns and uh, we're paying over six dollars at US gallon fifteen consumption tax. So you buy a car fifteen points from there. So this is where I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna I'm gonna let you run because if not lose my audience. There.
Speaker 5: Thank a lot.
Speaker 2: Thanks Frank, keep calling the show. It's always great to shings. Things as bad as they are in the US, economically, they could be worse. We could be socialist country like Tudeau.
Speaker 6: Well that's that's sort of what I sort of argue against. But I'd hate to see you guys go that way.
Speaker 2: So I hear you know, as would I. Thanks Freg, talk to you soon. We got a couple of lines six one seven thirty, six one seven, nine ten thirty. The question back on the table is your reaction to the decision of the Teamsters Union, a very powerful union, perhaps the biggest union in America. The Teamster's Union decision not to endorse a presidential candidate. I think it's quite significant. Maybe you agree, maybe you disagree. That's what that's what we're doing here tonight or nights. Come on right back.
Speaker 3: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on.
Speaker 5: Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Let me go to Marie in Boston. Marie, welcome back. We're talking about the Teamsters decision today, the leadership of the Teamsters to endorse in the presidential election. Are you surprised. Oh, Let's put Marie on hold and we'll get back there in a second. Let me go to Jim. Jim. You were next on Nightsicker right ahead.
Speaker 4: Ben, Yes, sir, Jim, welcome, Hey, thank you. Okay. Well, I'm a due paid member and I donated the O'Brien's campaign. I voted for O'Brien, and the things that I think I want to say, okay, is that I was dismayed when Biden ordered the operating train engineers back to work with very little compensation whatsoever. And I heard an interview with the president of their union and someone called in and said they didn't think that was going to hurt him, And she said, we'll see whether or not it had hurt him when it comes time for him to get re elected. And then the other thing is I was, I was also dismade when Troudeau ordered the operating engineers back to work, and I was. I didn't think about it at the time, but I heard O'Brien say at the at the Republican Convention, we don't take sides. In essence, that's what he said, But it didn't really. It didn't occur to me at the time that by saying we don't take sides, he wouldn't be able to endorse either candidate. But that kind of turns out the way that it is.
Speaker 2: Well, it wasn't just O'Brien, You're you're a team ster, I.
Speaker 4: Guess right, Yeah, I said, I'm a duce paid member.
Speaker 2: No, that's what I'm saying. I just want to make I want to make sure that you could have been a duce paying member of my union, which is after But no, so you're a team star.
Speaker 4: I don't And I pledge and I said, you know.
Speaker 2: This better than me. Okay, so I'm asking you a question. You're going to help me out here. My understanding was it was the it wasn't O'Brien's decision. Although he might be influential, you have like an executive counsel. I have no idea, dear, how many members voted, but apparently there was a vote of what they call the executive council, and it was it was those individuals who made the decision. Uh, not necessarily Sean O'Brien. O'Brien might have been influential, but my understanding is that it was a board, an executive council.
Speaker 4: Is that okay, Well that see is very complicated and I don't know that part of it. But if you say so that you know, I'll go. I don't know that part of it.
Speaker 2: I don't think. What all I was trying to say is I don't think it was a standalone decision by Sean O'Brien the president. That there was more input from more people. That's all I'm trying to say.
Speaker 4: I mean, he did say at that Republican convention, in essence, we were not I don't we're affiliated. We're not we don't take In essence, what he said was we don't take sides.
Speaker 2: He was saying that whichever party. Uh. And we played a little bit of his sound earlier. He basically said Unfortunately, neither major candidate, meaning Trump or Harris, was able to make serious commitments to our union to endorse the interest of working people are always put before big business. He said he saw commitments from both Trump and Harris not to interfere in critical union campaigns or court teamster's industries, and to honor our members right to strike, but were unable to secure those pledges.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, I don't know what. I didn't hear that at the convention. I heard at the convention in essence, we don't we're not taking side. So at the time it didn't occur to me. I was surprised, because they do. Typical teamsters are very on the Democratic side. But I'd spent years and years since I've heard any Democrat say anything that was favorable to, in my opinion, significantly favorable to labor unions. I mean, the people who do the work in this country are severely under compensated. They were just falling down on ourselves because we don't have enough money to pay our bills, and there's no reason for it. I mean, there's this guy, this guy up in the Buffalo yesterday get three hundred and sixty million dollars away to nonprofits. I said to myself, why don't you give that money to people who helped who worked for you and helped you earn the money. Give it back to the people who de who worked for a living. Why are you giving it away to nonprofits?
Speaker 2: Good question, good question. We'll see if people respond to it. Jim, thank you very much. I did not realize that you were a teamster. And by the way, the majority of the teamsters there was a poll and the majority wanted to support Donald Trump by almost sixty percent.
Speaker 4: So my uncle tired from it up in Illinois. Here it was Martino distributing for years and years. Yeah, I'm in it.
Speaker 2: Thanks you. I appreciate your call. Interesting quick, let me let me go, let me get Marie back here. I guess Marie was there when you picked up, right Rob. Okay, Marie, we missed you before. Go right ahead.
Speaker 10: Yes, TI, thank you for taking my call. It was my point is I am not surprised at all. I'm actually surprised that he didn't endorse Trump, even though he said that he was not taking side. Now he's been speaking, he's been speaking from both sides of his mouth. Because I was very surprised that he went to the Republican convention because Republican surrogains union. If it wasn't for Democrats, that wouldn't be any union, and and and and and a Republicans not not not well, Republicans will stand take it in like like President Bidenville or did or come Famala Harris. So to me, the this this seems their union. They've ripen from the benefits that the Democrats are fighting for them and then they voting for for for Trump. What has Trump done for unions? They against union?
Speaker 2: Well, the only thing, the only thing that I would say, and again I'm not trying to take sides here, but the Republicans invited O'Brien to address their convention, and O'Brien took the opportunity on behalf of teams just to speak to the Republicans the Democrats. He requested an invitation to speak to the Democrats, and the Democrats refused to allow him to speak. Didn't give them an invitation to speak.
Speaker 10: I understand that, but because probably because Democrats were so they were hurts that he went in spoke, you know, to lever talk. Look at when Republicans are against unions, it's sort of like senior citizens votings for Republicans when they trying to take their solid security. So there are a lot of people that work well.
Speaker 2: We're always like, oh the Marie who is trying to take that? That's just not true. There's no Republican that I know of who wants to take social security away from people who have SOBI security. The Republicans are saying, I will grant you this, that maybe the retirement age should be increased from sixty five to sixty six or sixty seven because people are living longer, But that's very different from saying we're going to take back SOI security benefits that people have earned. Don't mistake that. Don't mistate that.
Speaker 10: Well, it's not mistaken because if they have their chances as they speak and say that those are entitlement, they didn't want people to get some security.
Speaker 2: An entitlements, right, those are entitlements. They the wealthy.
Speaker 10: Insurance.
Speaker 2: I pay for it, Yes you did, and I did as well. And I wouldn't vote for anybody who's gonna take my so security away. And and there's no Republican that I know of. Maybe there's a couple of Google birds, but no one is going to run for public office and say, oh yeah, when I get elected, I'm gonna take people so security away. That's crazy. Hey, Mary, I gotta I hate to do this. Yeah, I took you back here, but I'm running out of time. I got a commercial break and I got to get to a couple of other callers. Thanks for calling, Please continue to call my program. I enjoyed our conversation.
Speaker 9: All right, bye bye bye.
Speaker 2: Coming back on Nightside right after this break.
Speaker 3: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios.
Speaker 5: I'm DOMBS News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's keep rolling. You're gonna go to Anthony in Midford. Did the un next a Nightsider? Right ahead?
Speaker 9: Are you doing, Dan, I'm doing great.
Speaker 2: You're surprised by the decision of the team's just not to endorse a presidential candidate.
Speaker 9: I'm not surprised. She's gonna tell you why everybody should have a union to back them in a work industry, and like, look at charn O'Brien. You know the teams he's did with the ups the workers are getting abused. But going back, I think out loud. I mean, I grew up as a Democrat, and uh now I'm just still independent because the money that's costing gas, the fuels and the groceries. Tamala Harrison is a're gonna fix it, and you know, when I get she's doing there for three and a half years, I'm pro unions.
Speaker 2: She said she's gonna stop price gauging. I think she mat part price gouging.
Speaker 9: Even I'm not a union member, but everybody should have a union. There's some companies out there that pay better than unions. Fix it one set happening of the of the other. But I think it's just, you know, I'm glad they did that because you know, the Democrats think it get you know, why would you going to want to be a union guy making great money and spend half your pay on double the groceries, double the gas. It's just, you know, I think everybody should look at the look around and say, Okay, when Trump was in office, everything was down. There's no laws. They weren't shipping money to Ukraine. It's just they're taking the union guy's taxes and shipped to Ukraine. You know, Trump kept it here. I don't know one Republican. I have a lot of Republican friends that own big companies. The union they love it, buddy, might have all.
Speaker 2: Right, I got you in. I got you in there Anthony's strong point of view. Let's see, I got one more caller. I got to get the Terry.
Speaker 9: Down in the case and have a great night. You have a great shape, great show, buddy.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Anthony, appreciate your call.
Speaker 9: Terry.
Speaker 2: I'll bet you're going to come at me with a different point of view. I know you're pretty well, Terry. You go right ahead, Jan How are you Dan?
Speaker 11: I am a very proud union nurse. I am under the umbrella of the Massachusetts Nurses Association, and I love what they do. However, I don't always agree with who they endorse all the time. And it is okay that the team stirs have made an error in judgment. It is okay they're human. But I'll tell you truthfully, I'll go with the tailor swift effect. Massive amounts of votal registration's happened within twenty four hours after her announcement. That speaks volumes to me.
Speaker 2: All Right, well I don't We'll see how you're not worried about.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: You're convinced that is going to prevail after all?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I do, but i'd like to say one quick thing about.
Speaker 2: Quick they only get to many seconds left, Terry go ahead and get seconds.
Speaker 11: So story, and my heart goes out to his family. But I call on Governor Sary to use her executive powers to call for the immediate suspension. But whoever that person was in the ring, whoever made the assignments.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, Terry, flat flat out of time, Terry, they're gonna fire me if I don't end the program. You have a great night. You n bye bye. I'm sorry Rob what you say in my ear? Okay, uh, Terry, I we got to wrap the program, so I apologize, thank you very much. Okay, we are done for the night. I will thank Rob, I will thank Marita, I will thank all the calls, including my friend Terry from down on the Cape. We had a good show tonight. I think I'll be on Facebook in about two minutes. Just go to Night's Side with Dan Ray on Facebook. I'd love to say hello to you on Facebook. We love to chat after the show. I won't be there. I promise you you'll be able to go to bed quickly, because I want to go to bed quickly too. I will end as always, all dogs, all cats, All pets go to heaven. That's where my friend Charlie Rays, who passed fourteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are who have passed. They loved you, you and you love them, and I do believe you're going to see them again. I happen to believe that what would heaven be without them? Huh, We'll see tomorrow night the Bubby Busy Car guys from ten to midnight tomorrow night. Larry and Scott coming back tomorrow night. Have a great Thursday, everyone,