Speaker 1: Oh better that are.
Speaker 2: Trigger warn This podcast may include explicit content that will take you out of your comfort zone and make you question reality.
Speaker 1: Listener's discretion is advised.
Speaker 3: Hello, and welcome back to the show. This is the third installment of Into the culti Verse, featuring Me and coldby Colby.
Speaker 1: How are you spectacular? Feeling extra culty?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you were saying, as I was watching Ghostbusters for as an Empire, but you feel like you have the inck on you?
Speaker 1: Yeah. My choice this week is a little on the darker side. It's full of all sorts of fucked up shit. So I think you're going first this week, because if you're gonna stop listening, it's going to be after Julia's eleven word long. Cold.
Speaker 3: Well, you know you compared it to when I was researching of stuff for the Pedaphocracy, like McMartin preschool and stuff like that, Like it does after a while you start kind of feeling black pilled a little bit. And maybe that's just my opinion, but it almost made me feel like when I was researching that stuff, like what is the point of life exactly? I mean, the bad guy literally wins.
Speaker 1: In the end. Sometimes sometimes that must mean the good guy sometimes wins.
Speaker 3: But you know what I'm saying, It's like I got to the point where I was like, there's no stopping this.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, God did put us on this planet to suffer? If you ask some people, maybe I don't know. I don't feel like that. But at the same time, I mean I get what you mean. I just got kind of depressed almost when I was researching that stuff. Well, it also makes me feel like my life is pretty fucking good when I'm researching how bad some people have it.
Speaker 3: Does it involve kids very much? So? Yeah? See that's where it's like, yeah, maybe our life is better than most, but how many kids are out there right now as we're recording this just getting molested as fuck?
Speaker 1: Six? Probably more in this on this block.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll give you that on this block.
Speaker 1: It's pretty molesty block.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got molested last week? You want to tell the listeners about it?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna wear So why don't you tell them.
Speaker 3: I'm molested you all the time?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Actually I'm molested you this week, didn't I daily? That's what I thought. Maybe I'll molest you later. I feel lucky. So I gave a teaser to the last in the last episode that my cult was eleven letters long or yes, sorry, eleven words long. No peaking at my notes. I'm going first, and so do you want me to jump right in or you want to wrap up anything from the last show? Did you find anything else out?
Speaker 1: No? I didn't really feel compelled to watch any of the anime from the No Science coat.
Speaker 3: What did I cover again? Oh? The Thuggie cult. Well, I have been talking a little bit with like JJ Vance from the Occult Rejects, and he's been looking into a lot of other cults who worship Cali and so I guess I mean the Thuggie wouldn't be alone in that aspect. There's been a lot of like Cali colts, but I think the Thuggi it were the most murderous out of all of them. So I don't know. I thought that was kind of interesting. But uh Mi cult was formed in Uganda and it was called the Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God. Try fitting that on a crop top.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they probably didn't sell many bumper stickers.
Speaker 3: No, That's why I was saying, if you have this many words in your title, it's like you should just give up before you even get started. Nobody's gonna remember that shit, the Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God. Don't you think they could have just called it the Ten Commandments Cult?
Speaker 1: So did some guy think of this when he was trying to take a shit and he was reading the Bible?
Speaker 3: No? But you remember you said, oh, it must be an English speaking cult, or it must be no, I asked, yeah, Well, I didn't want to give too much away. But a lot of people in Uganda actually speaks.
Speaker 1: English, so and English English colonized right right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'm sure they also speak whatever their native language is too. But most of the members of yeah, what is it Swahili or something? I don't know what it's called.
Speaker 1: Why don't you look it up?
Speaker 3: I don't feel like it. That's the point, though, is a lot of the people who were in the Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God spoke English. They gave interviews later, the surviving members. I hope I didn't give too much away just then, but at least one member does their leader. I mean, it's almost too much, but I'm glad I'm going first because I feel like yours is gonna be even worse. But their leader his name was Joseph Kibuwa Terry.
Speaker 1: So maybe he really named the cult such a long convoluted title because his name's kind of a mouthful.
Speaker 3: Joseph with Terry Gibua Terry.
Speaker 1: So did you check on pronunciation on that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And you guess what else? You're never gonna believe it. He was featured on an episode.
Speaker 1: Don't say Ghost Adventures.
Speaker 3: Of Ancient Aliens.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a little better.
Speaker 3: They did a cults episode and some of these were mentioned, not all of the ones that I picked, but some of them.
Speaker 1: Well, so far two out of three.
Speaker 3: Well, it's the same reason that the uh.
Speaker 1: Is that where you got the idea to cover those.
Speaker 3: Two from Ancia Aliens Buggies and these guys, I mean, I remembered them being in an episode, But you know how, I never agree with what the final conclusion is. Just like I said, the Cali worshiping thing was weird to me, and I didn't think that that could be all there was to it. They said that this guy was contacting an extraterresque and so I don't think that at all, obviously, But Joseph Kibbuwiri claimed to be in direct communication with the Virgin Mary through electronic devices in his home, like fucking Heather o'uroric in Poltergeist type shit, Like all of his electronic devices were possessed by the Virgin Mary.
Speaker 1: So what about year is this?
Speaker 3: So it comes to ahead.
Speaker 1: Around like when he's first talking to his toaster in.
Speaker 3: The eighties, but it comes to a head in nineteen ninety nine. So it was a pretty decently long run if you ask me for a cult like this, you know. But so Joseph Kibbuwi claimed he was getting static electricity phone calls from the Virgin Mary and she was telling him things about the future, and he started becoming prophetic and having visions, and he predicted the world would end on twelve thirty one, nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: That's not an original thought, by the way, wasn't.
Speaker 3: It something like that in you remember Ghostbusters two when he's interviewing the psychic and he says that the world's going to end in what nineteen.
Speaker 1: Ninety Yeah, Valentine's Day?
Speaker 3: That was, Oh yeah, Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: He's like, why don't you push it out a few years? Help out your book sales a little bit. You're not even going to make it to paperback.
Speaker 3: Right, So he predicted the world would end December thirty first, nineteen ninety nine, But when the date passed without incident, he decided to take matters into his own hands. But before we go into that, I want to give you a little backstory. The goals of the movement for the restoration of the Tin Commandments of God were to, of course, first off, obey the ten Commandments and to preach the word of Jesus Christ. They thought that to avoid damnation in the apocalypse, one had to strictly follow the ten Commandments.
Speaker 1: Once again, nothing original here.
Speaker 3: So the emphasis on the commandments was so strong that the group was discouraged from talking for fear of breaking the ninth commandment, thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor. And on some days communication was only conducted in sign language. And mind you, this went on for at least what the eighties to the nineties, so ten years of sign language.
Speaker 1: So why does talking with your hands stop you from lying?
Speaker 3: Why does he think the world's gonna end on December thirty first, nineteen ninety ninety And he's getting static electricity phone call from the Virgin Mary's bee hole. I mean, it's just like these are the This is why I say I brought it up in the last episode. But you almost have to wonder if there aren't levels of psychopathy to all these cult leaders. It's like, Okay, I'm gonna start this cult and you can't even talk. You can't. You gotta use sign language, you gotta do It's like, come on now, it's just all control and fear. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Well, we are covering colts. It is the tactics used throughout most but.
Speaker 3: So fasting was conducted regularly and only one meal was eaten on Fridays and Mondays. So again it's like this control aspect. They don't talk to each other, they're not eating except for one meal on Fridays and Mondays, and sex was forbidden and soap was forbidden.
Speaker 1: Put me out of business.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm walking away after you know I'm opinionated. You take away my speech, I'm out, you take away my soap, I'm definitely out. But the worst offense you could commit against me is taking my sex away. But you might know this, you've committed this offense and paid for it. This group also believed aids to be a punishment from God due to a breach of the sixth commandment to not commit adultery. So that's when they ruled sex out completely. And according to Joseph Kibawitteri, God got so mad he gave every everybody aids.
Speaker 1: God got so mad he created doctor Fauci.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know if they know about Fauci, probably not. Back then, maybe Fauci was calling emstatic electricity through the TV set.
Speaker 1: You want to wash your hands at least twelve times a day. It's going to be hard with that soap.
Speaker 3: So with the new year looming, activity by cult members became frenzied. The leaders, so it was Joseph Kibbawati and then a couple other guys I'll talk about in a minute, urged the members to confess their sins in preparation for the end of time, and they so sold all of their clothes, they sold all their cattle. People who used to be members of the movement got re recruited, and everyone who was working in the fields totally quit and they just walked away from all everything. But as we all know, January first, two thousand passed without advent of the apocalypse, and the movement began to unravel any questions so far.
Speaker 1: So, how many people are in this thing?
Speaker 3: Well, I can't give it away yet because well I'm about to, but quite a few. So the new year rolls around, are they localized in Yeah, under the solar temple. All these assholes are in one place. You know, they had this whole Switzerland, France, Canada thing going on. All these people are in Uganda. But so, like I said to January first rolls around, nobody's no apocalypto. Nothing happened, and people start questioning them and they're like, fuck you, motherfucker. We sold all of our clothes, we sold all of our cattles. We haven't fucked our wife in ten years, we've been speaking in sign language, and we haven't soaked our bee hole. They're upset. They've only been eaten on Mondays and Fridays. I mean, you can see how.
Speaker 1: I also wonder why he put the days so close together that Monday to Friday stretch would be rough. Yeah, Friday to Monday.
Speaker 3: I could do Friday to Monday, but then you gotta go the rest of the week till the next.
Speaker 1: Friday, Friday, and Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Because he's an asshole. He told everybody that the world was going to end, and they sold everything that they had. I mean, then he said, you can't have sex with your wife or soap your beeple.
Speaker 1: And I'm guessing the money went into the colt oh one hundred always the case, right, Yeah, But.
Speaker 3: In order to save his ass from making all these predictions said the world was going to end, he had to take things into his own hands, as I kind of said earlier. So what he did was he poisoned the shit out of his followers, and he threw some of their bodies down wells, and some of them were buried in huge dugout pits. And last but certainly not least five hundred of them he locked into a wood church building and he said it a blaze, a fucking blaze. And so in the end, seven hundred and fifty bodies were uncovered. But that number actually changes the further we go along in the story. So any questions about seven hundred and fifty being a member of this cult, no, doesn't that seem cray cry to you? Seven hundred and fifty people were willing to give up eating soap on their bee holes, sex with their wives, and communication.
Speaker 1: Nothing surprises me with masses of people anymore. We lived through COVID. But so you believe in somebody enough, he'll fucking do anything, even though it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: But babe, wouldn't you be the type of person that would be like, let me let me see you talking to the Virgin Mary through your TV set, Like let's see some miracles and some proof of this shit. Like I'd be like, call her up right now and let me talk to her.
Speaker 1: If this is I still wouldn't fucking joy And even if he should talk to her in front.
Speaker 3: Of me, because I don't know if you listen to this episode, but somebody I covered in the past that Dolfo Constanzo. He claimed that he could make people invisible and bullet per and all of these drug lords were recruiting him to make their men invisible and bulletproof because he was supposed to be some kind of a wizard. And it's like, all right, let's try it out. Let's like literally get one of your guys, say all right, make him invisible and bulletproof, shoot him in the head.
Speaker 1: And see if he dies invisible or invincible, like you.
Speaker 3: Can't visible to the enemy and bulletproof.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think you'd want to demonstrate it. You're right.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, is like, how come nobody ever ask for proof of this stuff? No proof?
Speaker 1: That's what I always ask religious people. But I mean faith is a concept that comes up in numerous areas in life. So I wouldn't say this is any dumber than a lot of stuff people believe. Seven hundred and fifty is a pretty small group of people.
Speaker 3: I think it's a big group of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, relatively when you look at some of these other cults. The company died in San Diego with Heaven's Gate.
Speaker 3: Not seven hundred and fifty. No, maybe fifty, maybe twenty. But I actually have it in my notes that it's interesting that all three Heaven's Gate, Solar Temple, and Kibblewood Terry's cult where were happening around the same time. So they and they all were like channeling beings and stuff, you know, Heaven's Gate, Solar Temple, and Kibba with Terry. They were all getting messages that the world was gonna end, that the apocalypse was near. They were all functioning independently of each other in the same era. Do you think that there's stuff like that going on right now? We just won't know about it until there's a bunch of bodies that turn up.
Speaker 1: Well, apparently Jared Leto's got some weird shit going on, but if you ask Joe Rogan, he's not doing anything wrong.
Speaker 3: Jared Leto started a cult. What is it? A vampire cult? What is what's the cult?
Speaker 1: I don't know. But he's operating out a fucking lookout mountain.
Speaker 3: So is it just for the rich and famous or anybody can join?
Speaker 1: I think you have to be hot, with nice titties, so or a shiny sch long.
Speaker 3: I could potentially join in the future.
Speaker 1: You probably should.
Speaker 3: I feel like I just want to see what it's all about.
Speaker 1: Well, it's funny it did come up. I don't even remember who. Joe Rogan was talking to Tim Dillon, I think, and Tim Dillon was bringing it up, saying it was weird that Jared Letto thinks he's Jesus now and has a cult.
Speaker 3: Well, he thinks he's Jesus.
Speaker 1: I mean, have you seen some of the fucking videos he's made where he's talking and he's like wearing a Jesus type robe and he's got his long hair. But Joe Rogan just immediately started defending him, which shouldn't surprise any of us. But Jamie pulled up some stuff that debunked it being a cult. It's just a bunch of people having good time listening to thirty seconds from Mars and they're like, yeah, it's just like Eslin, nothing to worry about.
Speaker 3: Is he really thinking he's Jesus.
Speaker 1: I think Jared Leto is Jesus myself.
Speaker 3: Really wow. So I mean, if I could get into the cold, I flashed my tits or whatever just to get it in.
Speaker 1: Do you think Jared Leto's hot?
Speaker 3: It's not that he's hot. I just want to know what goes on up there. Look out Mountain Laboratory. That's like, that's like exclusive unless you have to like blood in or something. I'm not doing that shit. But if it's just hot tits, it's just.
Speaker 1: A bunch of fucking people get in listening to music. Nothing to worry about.
Speaker 3: Nothing at all. Right, Oh wow.
Speaker 1: It's just like Eslin. It's all good.
Speaker 3: So I want to actually take a closer look at the day in question that all of this went down with the poisoning and the burying and the burning of the seven to fifty body.
Speaker 1: So did he do this January first of two thousand.
Speaker 3: Well, see the problem with it is that investigators say, there's no fucking way he could have because of the hundreds that were found buried in graves and strown about. And so it was like investigators questioned what really happened that day. But this is the story they say on Doomsday, as they call it. The locals said that the movement held a massive party in some city where they roasted three bulls and they drank seventy crates of coca cola specifically, And at some point during this party, nearby villagers heard an explosion, and they looked and found that the building in which the party was taking place was engulfed in an intense fire that ended up killing five hundred and thirty people that were in attendance. The windows and doors of the building had been boarded up to prevent people from leaving, And then of course they found some poisoned outside of the building, and then they found some buried outside of the building, and a neighbor who lived near the colt later said that the fire caused everything to be covered and smoked soot in the stench of burnt flesh, and that many could not eat meat for several months after the fire because it was so intense especial. I mean, that's pretty Craig Craig, right. So the fire alerted the Ugandan authorities as to what had been a occurring in the movement. But so several days before they hosted this party. One of the leaders, because Joseph was kind of like in over his head at one point, and recruited some other dudes to like beat upper echelon with him, and they were like co captains, if you will. One of them's name was Dominic and he had been seen buying fifty leaders of sulfuric acid, which they presume is what started the fire. But the whereabouts of the five principal cult leaders Joseph Kibbawati, another guy named Joseph Cassawapari, John Kamagara, Dominic Carabaro, and Fredonia Merwidi are unknown to this day.
Speaker 1: Maybe they hopped on the hell Bop comment with Marshall Applewaite, Well.
Speaker 3: When you know something like this has happened, and all five of these fucks are unknown whereabouts, missing up until today. Don't you start feeling like there's something.
Speaker 1: Afoot, like intelligence tires. Yeah, that's usually my go to.
Speaker 3: They just up and disappeared in Uganda. Nobody can find them. I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: To me, that just seems so give you a terry also, huh, give you a terry also.
Speaker 3: And I never heard from me, never heard from it again. And he had a wife, not that I'm aware of. So four days after the church fire, police investigated the movement's properties and discovered hundreds of bodies at sites all across southern Uganda. Six bodies were discovered sealed in the latrine of one of the compounds, as well as one hundred and fifty three bodies at a compound in another city, one hundred and fifty five bodies at Dominick's house where they had been poisoned and stabbed to death, and another eighty one bodies were at the other Joseph's house. So there was Joseph Kibbuwitari and then Joseph what I'm not even going to try to pronounce it, this douchebag's last name.
Speaker 1: But so.
Speaker 3: One hundred and fifty five bodies found at Dominick's house, eighty one bodies found at the Other Joseph's house, and the police stated that they had been murdered about three weeks before the church inferno, which seems odd since the whole let's burn everybody up in the fire thing was because the apocalypse didn't happen.
Speaker 1: So none of these people killed themselves willanly.
Speaker 3: No, And in recent news a twenty twenty BBC report suggested that the bodies had actually accumulated over several years and the cult may have actually just been a bunch of homicidal maniacs on a killing spree, but.
Speaker 1: In the end were killing each other.
Speaker 3: No, the five were homicidal maniacs on a killing spree because, like I.
Speaker 1: Said, if the world doesn't end, but then we're just gonna have to kill all these five.
Speaker 3: No, they said that the body that were found at the Other Joseph's house, in Dominic's house eighty one plus one hundred and fifty five, they had been murdered three weeks before January first. So what sense does that make?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It feels like there's a lot of information where not privy.
Speaker 3: Too, but in this twenty twenty report. It says it's more likely that the body's accumulated over several years because of the amount. How are you gonna how do you murder one hundred and fifty five people in one day? If you're not They were all stabbed.
Speaker 1: One hundred and fifty five, five guys.
Speaker 3: Eighty one at the other guy's house.
Speaker 1: So that's like thirty six thirty six what a piece?
Speaker 3: Thirty six apiece, one hundred and fifty five.
Speaker 1: It's all stabbed, but then there's the eighty one, so that'd be yeah, it'd be like up in the forties apiece.
Speaker 3: Do you think that's possible in one day? In one day?
Speaker 1: Possible?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I mean you'd have to stop every once in a while a while to eat a granola bar, keep on stabbing well.
Speaker 3: In the end, medical examiners determined that the majority of the three hundred and ninety five individuals who did not die in the fire had been poisoned or stabbed, and early reports suggested that they had been strangled based on the presence of twisted banana fibers around their necks.
Speaker 1: Banana fibers, what's.
Speaker 3: That they take something off a banana tree or something and twist it up and check a motherfucker. Never heard I write the article, babe. I'm just telling you what found. They found twisted banana fibers around.
Speaker 1: Their necks, so they strangled them with bananas.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know if you could strangle a person with a banana, I mean a banana pill.
Speaker 1: Maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 3: You'd have to tie them all together, make some kind of cystem, have some kind of contraption.
Speaker 1: A banana rope.
Speaker 3: So, after searching all the sites, the police announced that the final death toll was settled at nine hundred and twenty four total, so almost a thousand people, which is six more than the People's Temple in nineteen seventy eight. And all this was supposed to have went down in one day.
Speaker 1: It's weird. This one's not well known.
Speaker 3: Isn't that interesting?
Speaker 1: Did they talk about all this shit on ancient aliens?
Speaker 3: No, they just mentioned that Joseph Kibbawitteri had a cult and that he was channeling an extraterrestrial who identified herself as the Virgin Mary, and that he ended up setting some people on fire in the end. They didn't go into all these specific details like this, and they were collecting bodies over years and burying them all over their properties and stuff, because then it would make less sense that he was communicating with an extraterrestrial in my opinion, if he was just a homicidal weirdo. Right. So, scholars have compared the movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God to other similar movements in terms of the scale of the deaths, and it's been compared to people's temple deaths at Jonestown, it's been compared to the Solar Temple, and it's also been compared to the Doomsday could run by What's hiss fuck that we talked about in the last episode the Tuggies. No, the half blind guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always forget the name of the cult.
Speaker 3: Well, it was called the Doomsday Colt or some call it the um Shrinko shrink Shrioko.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm shrik I forget.
Speaker 3: Yes, So that it's been compared to all three of those cults, I.
Speaker 1: Don't really see the parallels with Doomsday Oh well, fuck, I mean a lot of them have that you can compare them to Heaven's Gate.
Speaker 3: I would compare them more to Heaven's Gate and Solar Temple with the fiery explosions and the you know, bodies keep pupping, bodies keep popping up. But so the Vice President of Uganda said these were callously well orchestrated mass murders, perpetrated by a network of diabolic, benevolent criminals masquerading as religious people. So he also did not think that they were sincere or genuine in their motivation. I guess you could say behind the cult.
Speaker 1: They rarely are.
Speaker 3: And so this is part of the interesting shit about this cult that I just I mean, it might be a stretch or it could be dead on and I just don't really understand what the connection is. But somehow AIDS gets connected to this, and.
Speaker 1: AIDS is going to come up in my cult too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they're trying to say they started this cult because of AIDS and the connection is that the AIDS epidemic in Uganda had has been viewed by scholars as particularly influential in the cult's development because at the time, Uganda had one of the highest rates of HIV and AIDS infection in the world. And one of the former members of the cult that survived his name was Paul is a Kaare, and he said his motivation to join the Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God is as follows quote. I joined the movement as a protest against the Catholic Church. We had good intentions. The church was backsliding, the priests were covered in scandals, and the AIDS scourge was taking its toll on the faithful. The world seemed poised to end end quote. So they're blaming scandals in the Catholic Church and the AIDS epidemic on how Joseph Kibbawa Terry was able to pull this off for nearly ten years, murdering hundreds of people along the way. Okay, do you see how AIDS fits into it?
Speaker 1: Well, it was a scary time. There was this these weird deaths popping up, and you know the way that the media covered it, and then he threw AZT in the mix, and motherfuckers just started dropping dead. I could see it causing an uprising of fear.
Speaker 3: But if since we know what we know about Fauci basically and AIDS in general, and AIDS in general, like Fauci basically was the engineer of AIDS, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the speculation if you follow the trail. But he at least capitalized on it and killed a lot of people with EZT.
Speaker 3: So they were so scared of AIDS and in the movement for the Restoration of the Law, they said that AIDS was a punishment for not following the Ten Commandments. So you could see how like a pandemic like that kind of like COVID. What COVID did to people's minds. It could scare you into thinking like the world really was coming to an end, Like look at the QAnon stuff. I mean nobody you know, a thousand people didn't die being a part of QAnon, but thousands of people died due to COVID stuff, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: See the first part again.
Speaker 3: That pandemics can cause.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but with the QAnon.
Speaker 3: Because of COVID, people started like believing that q and on stuff was real and like we were gonna have a mask. Do you remember when masks shut down of electricity and stuff.
Speaker 1: In days of darkness?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Do you remember that? Do you see how I'm saying, like pandemics can cause people to start searching for into the world type things. So if you were in the middle of AIDS and you felt like it was a judgment on you from God. How you could see how people would be like, yeah, the end of the world is coming. Maybe just if Kibbawittaria is right.
Speaker 1: I mean, fear mixed people do all sorts of irrational shit. It makes you believe if you walk into a restaurant you need to wear your mask until you sit down at your table because you know you're told to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all I'm saying is I guess I see how they're saying. AIDS could have played a part in the formation of this group.
Speaker 1: And this was in an area of the world where it was really out of control.
Speaker 3: But the reason I bring up COVID is because if COVID caused mass hysteria like this, it was also perpetrated by Anthony Fauci and so is An AIDS and AIDS actually started a cult that's killed almost a thousand people in Uganda.
Speaker 1: So you're coming around to understanding the AIDS thing, because at first you were like saying you didn't I.
Speaker 3: Didn't get it at first, but now I'm starting to get it. But my thing is, if we're going to take this story about the Uganda cult in a thousand dead because of AIDS, and then all the people who died of AIDS, including Freddy Mercury rip. And then we're going to take Eddy Mercury probably died from AZT he probably well, he died of faucida and then he all if we take all the people who died from COVID, and we could say that Actually, uh, Anthony Fauci rivals Barram from the Thuggie cult as being one of the most prolific mass murderers of all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's just a henchman.
Speaker 3: But so wasn't Baram? Right, So the Guinness Book of World Record says Burram is the most prolific serial killer who's ever lived. I would say Bill Gates and Fauci could probably top him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they'll both go down in the history books as.
Speaker 3: Heroes, philanthropists and such great scientists and saviors.
Speaker 1: Uh not scientists. I am the science.
Speaker 3: He is the science. Right. Anyways, that's the movement for the restoration of the Ten Commandments of God. What did you think I.
Speaker 1: Need to make a movement myself?
Speaker 3: You got a poop?
Speaker 1: That was the joke. No, it was good. I'm curious to learn more about it because it seems like yeah, five guys.
Speaker 3: A thousand people, let's just round up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those the math doesn't add up.
Speaker 3: Well, that's why the BBC report said, logically they probably collected those body over the course of several years.
Speaker 1: There was no sign of any suicide.
Speaker 3: No, they were either strangled or poisoned, or stabbed or burnt to a crisp.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe if you only speak in sign language and refuse to.
Speaker 3: Have sex or soap your bee hole.
Speaker 1: This is a blessing in disguise.
Speaker 3: Would you give it one out of ten talking televisions?
Speaker 1: Four? Four?
Speaker 3: You need to justify your answer because I'm almost offended on behalf of the movement of the restoration of the tink Commandments of God. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's just that I don't know enough. It just seems like a.
Speaker 3: Am I not good at presenting this stuff. I'm starting to think I'm not a good presenter of cults.
Speaker 1: It has nothing to do with.
Speaker 3: You, because I feel like you said that about the Solar Temple.
Speaker 1: Are you reading these as well? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I would give the movement of the restoration of the Ten Commandments of God at least eight out of ten talking televisions?
Speaker 1: All right, I think that you haven't been though what rating them? You've just been asking me to rate them.
Speaker 3: So I rate your cult The Stone. Maybe I can't even remember and it's my own show.
Speaker 1: You said you liked Happy Science better than Synanon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm giving sin and On a like a two out of ten Cynanons that.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: No, I feel like I'm not a good presenter.
Speaker 3: No, because you always say you need more information. Maybe I'm not digging far enough in is that it?
Speaker 1: No, I don't feel like the information's out there with some of the stuff you've reported, like this, this one right.
Speaker 3: Here, I gave you all I could find.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I'm not critiquing. I'm not giving Julia four out of ten researcher points. You asked what I thought of the story of the cult. But know what makes me sad? What?
Speaker 3: This has been my favorite cult I've covered so far.
Speaker 1: We do not have to think alike.
Speaker 3: I think it's just so interesting that he piled these bodies up for several years, and like he almost killed a thousand people because of AIDS since he was heather or roarking and talking to the Virgin Mary through his TV. I mean, I think that's that's pretty cool. That's dope as fuck as far as deadly colts go that are unknown. You'd never heard about it. And his last name is Kibble with Terry, all right, ten out of ten Kibble with Terries, all of it.
Speaker 1: I'm switching my answer.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't switch it now, you already gave it. I don't want your sympathy. Kibble with Terries.
Speaker 1: Well, like I said, I wasn't given you the eating.
Speaker 3: So anyways, any closing thoughts on Kibble Terry.
Speaker 1: Don't get AIDS. Yeah, I guess practice safe but sex m h.
Speaker 3: Europ smalls.
Speaker 1: This week, I'm presenting to all of you find cult members out there, the Children of God, known today as the Family International. Now, Julia, when you hear children of God, what comes to mind, religion wise? Just those words? Or children of God cult?
Speaker 3: Oh, well, that makes me think of something totally different than Children of God. Children of God cult. I don't know, uh, some type of Christian cult.
Speaker 1: Well. I did give a hint at the end of last episode about with Phoenix rising from the ashes only to be eaten by the viper?
Speaker 3: Do you remember very cryptic clue?
Speaker 1: I didn't explain it to you afterward.
Speaker 3: You did, but yeah, I'm not gonna say what it is.
Speaker 1: Well, I was alluding to River Phoenix because his family was part of this, and I think that Joaquin was a little kid. But we know about Rose McGowan and Joaquin and River Phoenix being brought up in this cult. I think Joaquin was pretty young when they got out of it. But that's how I had heard of this when it first came onto my radar. I'd heard about how there was this weird Christian cult in California. It turns out it was kind of all over the place, but the story does originate in California. As the leader one David Berg. He was born in Oakland, California, in nineteen nineteen. And I'll just talk about kind of his story end upbringing and real quick.
Speaker 3: Rose McGowan is the blonde chick from Scream that dies in the Dog Door.
Speaker 1: Correct, continue And she was also, you know, quite vocal during the Me Too movement with the Harvey Winds.
Speaker 3: Yes, I didn't know about that, but I just wanted to make sure it was the same one that died in the dog Door.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rose McGowan, she'd been in a few movies in the nineties, Weinstein. She got Weinstein.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: She was in the movie Jawbreakers.
Speaker 3: She was cute. It was Have you seen her recently?
Speaker 1: She looks the same to me. She just sent you for her. You haven't seen her. I've seen her, and you don't think she's still cute.
Speaker 3: I think she was cuter in the nineties before she got Weinstein took some of her joy away.
Speaker 1: You know, Well, she was the one who's clapping back against a lot of these fakers.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I thought you were going to say something totally different what I thought you were going to say. Well, she was the one clapping ass for Weinstein.
Speaker 1: Clapping ass, yeah.
Speaker 3: Clapping her ass cheeks, tworking on his dick, popping that puss, bouncing on the d.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, all right. David Berg was the leader of this thing. And to understand the fucked upidness of the children of God, you gotta peek into his past a little bit. Like I said, he was born in nineteen nineteen. Well, he came from a long line of Christians, almost evangelical or what do you call the group that your family was a part of, Pentecostal.
Speaker 3: Pinecostal Pentecostal, Pentecostal Pentecostal.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, and so his grandpa what was his name, John Lincoln, and this guy was the real deal. In fact, there's still churches. Let's see if I could see this that he started that are still active today, like you know you see your.
Speaker 3: Like regular Pentecostal churches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was the Disciples of Christ. And if it's the Church of Christ, do you ever see the Church of Christ that's from him?
Speaker 3: I didn't know the Church of Christ was Pentecostal though.
Speaker 1: Well he may not have been as much. But his daughter, Virginia Lee Brandt, her story kind of spills over into like how David became what he became. So she was the daughter of this evangelical guy and she wasn't having any of it, and when she got older, she kind of broke off and did her own thing. The story goes she was in an accident where she was thrown from a horse buggy and she broke her back and she couldn't walk, and then miraculously, by the hand of God, she was healed and so she became a believer again. But it turns out all that was bullshit. She went cut herself off from her family.
Speaker 3: And was she wasn't thrown off a horse.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So when I first started looking into this and I read into that story, a lot of sources just said said it like it was so, And then you start getting into it. It turns out the years that she said she was bedridden and immobile, she was actually rebellion and she was going to a college and she was an atheist. But then she met Hejalmer Emmanuel Berg, and that is David's dad, and he came from a long line of Christians that also were kind of evangelical. They had like a circus trooper, a theatrical stage show that they would travel with a circus act. Well that's what I'm saying it was, but it was like theater, you know. And yeah, he did do some circus shit if I remember.
Speaker 3: Right in the name of God or separate.
Speaker 1: He's from Smaland whatever the fuck that is.
Speaker 3: I don't even think that's a real place. She that sounds made.
Speaker 1: A Calmer castle near or near Kamal. So it's in Sweden, Okay, Swedish.
Speaker 3: He's Swedish. Yeah, and he has a circus act for the Lord. What a what a guy?
Speaker 1: So, Dad, there's no picture. David comes into the world, and he's got these two evangelical parents, and he was a horn dog from the beginning, chronic MASTURBATORO no. And he was caught by his mother yanking at one time when he was really young, and she brought in a bowl and a knife and told him that if he didn't start playing with his wienie, she was going to chop it off.
Speaker 3: She made him masturbate.
Speaker 1: Well, actually, that's you're getting ahead of me. But she told him if she if he didn't stop playing with it, oh.
Speaker 3: If he didn't stop, she was going to cut it off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like she was trying to get him to quit masturbating.
Speaker 3: Like circumcision, but the actual hole tip of the dick, just off.
Speaker 1: The whole tip is circumcision. The whole dick would be what she was threatening. But anyway, years later, when he was in his early teens, she walked him on him doing it again. This time she went and got all of his family, brought them down there and made him finish. And that that's like when you get caught smoking, you can gonna smoke the whole pack.
Speaker 3: Now, oh my god, So.
Speaker 1: To me, this this incident really plays out and it plays a huge role in what this guy is going to become.
Speaker 3: And how do you even keep your chub going in front of your family enough to finish I don't know. Could you look into the eyes of your mother and keep your chub on?
Speaker 1: Well, it even gets weirder because she had a tour she was on and he was with her. This is when he was nineteen and one night they were in a hotel room and they shared a bed and it was really cold, and his mom embraced him, and he describes this in a letter he wrote later, and we'll get into these letters, but he basically said that he'd never been so aroused and that if his mom would have been into it, he definitely would have fucked her. I mean, he describes this in great detail. So once he gets his movement going, he writes a whole series of letters and that was one of them.
Speaker 3: So he's just perverted.
Speaker 1: Oh just wait, it's the perversion is only starting here. After moving around with his family in nineteen forty nine, David gains his first pastorate in Arizona. Shortly after, in nineteen fifty, he has a falling out and gets kicked out of the church, and this initiates a huge distaste for organized religion. So he starts kind of figuring out, how am I going to do this differently? And he's still hanging out with his mom quite a bit, and he notices where they were. This was probably somewhere in California. She was starting to feed people and she would make peanut butter sandwiches and all these hippies would start coming in, and she told David that these people needed to be saved and that they were hungry for Jesus and peanut butter apparently, so that kind of plants the seed in his head. He ends up getting married, having four kids with a woman named Jane. In nineteen sixty sixty eight. The family ends up in Huntington Beach and at this point his kids, well, I'm not saying his kids started the band, but they were in a band called the Berg Family Singers and they sang Christian music. Eventually they became teens for Christ. But in Huntingdon Beach, they would post up outside of a coffee shop and they would play pop music and then people would kind of gather around to watch the kids perform, and then they would lure them into the coffee shop and start the recruitment program. So initially this thing was a lot like all these cults in California at this time period. It was a lot of disillusioned hippies. You know, they'd been burned by the free love thing and they were looking for answers elsewhere. And so this was kind of one of the cults that it took, you know, the Manson model, but they did something quite different with it. A few dozen young hippies join and it really starts to snowball at this point. By nineteen sixty nine, they have around two hundred members and they establish a colony outside the ghost town of Thurber, Texas, on a four hundred and twenty five acre ranch belonging to sul.
Speaker 3: They get from California to.
Speaker 1: Texas well, they moved around, and I think at this point they had already tried to like establish themselves in Arizona and that was short lived, and then they end up in Texas and the guy that so this was a place called Soul Clinic, and it was a non denominal organization ran by an evangelist, a television evangelist that Berg knew from his past, and they set up there and so his followers went by biblical names, and he broke them up into twelve groups that were supposed to represent the twelve tribes of Israel. And they were, you know, to earn their keep at the soul clinic on this ranch outside of this ghost town. They did work and it was real meager in the beginning. They didn't eat a lot. What they did eat, it was not very high quality. And they really want to start growing this thing and expanding it.
Speaker 3: Was it just stuff they could grow or yeah?
Speaker 1: They I mean they were on a ranch and they would get food, but they also part of the work detail was to go out into neighboring towns and find food. And so, like I said, at this time, there's only a couple of avenge Yeah, I mean, were they were.
Speaker 3: Desperate like dumpster diving?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's testimony of people saying and they're eating like rotten food. Absolutely not some of the some of the people that were on the compound got so hungry that they're eating, you know, food that was supposed to be for the livestock.
Speaker 3: Okay, can we not have a relationship with God without all of this? This is just a regular Christian based well.
Speaker 1: In the beginning, he told the followers that he was first starting to amass, that you guys have tried rebellying against the system, and he called he coined the system as something that was the law, organized religion, your family, and he wanted you to break away from all of it. And he said, and this is this kind of reminds me of the shit I would see in the nineties. Was these guys who were all buttoned down and they want to They're talking like the kids, and they're saying, you know, knew who was really radical, Jesus, And if you want to rebel against the system, you do it through Jesus. And so that was the whole mentality. And so these people, like a lot of these guys said that being on this in this colony in Texas, that they had like drug addiction problems and their lives were fucked up. But they actually got clean and sober and found Jesus through this, So it wasn't all negative.
Speaker 3: I just I guess as a sane person, I just don't know why you'd need any of that to have your own relationship with the Lord.
Speaker 1: They wanted to be spending time with the Lord.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to eat rotten food out of a Dempster.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's another thing, is like, uh, his grandpa, so his mom's dad. He really preached minimalism, you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, but why couldn't one of them at least have a job working a fruit stand or something to generate a little cash flow.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure there was stuff like that going on.
Speaker 3: So that they could at least eat normal foods.
Speaker 1: Well at one point, and this kind of reminds me of the dude from Synanon. Once things start to get a little bit better, you know, he benefits from that and he gets his own little place, and the others still have to live this very meager existence unless you're in his inner circle. But they start growing quite a bit. They travel around and they recruit other lost souls, a lot of them, you know.
Speaker 3: People hungry for dumpster garland.
Speaker 1: I mean, think about the hippie lifestyle at the time. A lot of these people were used to that shit.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, hippies were eating out of the dumpster too, for sure. Can no one afford a cheeseburger.
Speaker 1: This was the sixties, Well, this was the late sixties. He started this thing. The first official year of Children of God was nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 3: Do you know how much a cheeseburger costed in nineteen sixty eight. You're saying not one of them could afford to eat.
Speaker 1: Real well, And when you joined this thing, you you parted ways with your finances, with your familial ties. I mean this was cult one oh one. So yeah, these people were sacrificing for a better cause in their minds.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna say anything else about the diet teing situation, but I'm disturbed and I don't like it.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we're gonna start getting into the weird stuff here in a second.
Speaker 3: The dumpster diving isn't part of the weird stuff.
Speaker 1: That's gonna look like nothing when we're done with all this.
Speaker 3: Sure, but you know how I am about food. I just couldn't imagine.
Speaker 1: So like before, he ends up having a falling out with the guy who ran the soul clinic in Texas and they gotta go. Something I did fail to mention. Before they moved out here in California, he had said that there was a major earthquake coming, and I think he said in forty days, And of course it didn't happen, And people still were on board with this at one point, and I think this might have been a little bit later down the road. He mentioned that there was going to be a common impact with Earth and that didn't happen. And he also once the seventies are all around, he says that America is going to fall and they should get out. I mean, he had a thing where he would let other people kind of do the preaching, and somebody prophesied that the king would return and it was going to be David. But he was talking about David of the Bible. Yeah, King David, and a lot of people. Yeah. In fact, when you start getting into this, King David was one of the pseudonyms that Berg went by. But he saw the positive response to this, and he told all his followers that that sermon was based on him and that he was He also claimed to be Moses. I mean, if you look at his picture here, this is what this guy looked like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he looks like a Charlottean, don't they all. But in Christianity, we don't believe in reincarnation. So what was this stuff about.
Speaker 1: I didn't start the fucking thing, so wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, It's like I can't even I can't even talk because I'm so pissed.
Speaker 1: We'll just wait.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying, if it were you, and let's just say, in some stretch of the imagination, you were interested in Christianity.
Speaker 1: I was at one point in my life.
Speaker 3: Hey, the guy you're eating out of a fucking sonic dumpster and his none of his predictions are coming true and you're still and then he's claiming reincarnation and stuff. It's like, if you were Moses or King David, wouldn't you have at least got the fucking earthquake right? He's getting nothing right and I'm eating a fucking dumpster dog.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like the lifestyle if you're mad now.
Speaker 3: But wouldn't that be a red flag to you?
Speaker 1: No? I would follow this guy to the end, obviously.
Speaker 3: It's just I this is the country we live in where people do stuff like this.
Speaker 1: Well, you just talked about a cult that was in Uganda. Can we not just say it's part of the human condition that people are looking for answers and when they see them somewhere, they tie themselves to it entirely.
Speaker 3: This just makes me want to become a hermit somewhere and never introduce myself to any new people.
Speaker 1: Ever, again, that sounds like a good answer. So at this point, you know, he'd been kicked out of the ranch in Texas. He's been telling his followers that he is Moses King, David, father, David. I mean, he had a lot of nicknames, Chairman, Moe, David, Fontaine, Dad, Grandpa. And he did start going by mo sh short for Moses. And you know when I mentioned that he had talked about that experience with his mom in the hotel, that was part of a series of these things he would do, and they ended up calling them the Mo letters. I mean, you can go back in the way back machine and read all of these and I mean there.
Speaker 3: Is that he got a stiff one for his mom, there's hunt.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's stuff that he talks about in here. We'll start to get into that. So he visits Europe, Israel, and Cyprus in the early seventies and he ends up getting kicked out of Israel the Holy Land. Yeah, and at that point he kind of starts to take on an anti Semitic angle, much like what we're seeing today.
Speaker 3: How do you get kicked out of the Holy Land?
Speaker 1: Something to do with paperwork, But he took it as being really it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Like being on Jesus's tomb or anything.
Speaker 1: Is Jesus' tomb in Israel?
Speaker 3: Isn't that part of the Holy Land.
Speaker 1: St I have no idea about the tomb.
Speaker 3: I don't know either, honestly.
Speaker 1: So this thing does start to rapidly grow. I think they ended up getting by the early seventies, they had like twelve thousand devout followers of this thing. And everywhere he goes the religion they call it a religion, it breaks off and there's these tiny compounds and they correspond with the leader through these letters that he writes. And you know, of course this was before the Internet. So anyway, when he is in London, they figure out a way. Oh he also for I got to include this part. He got a message from God saying that, you know, polyamory was okay, and in fact, if you look at the Bible, it was quite common. So he starts doing some of the Mormon shit and he announces to his followers that he's going to take a second wife. And it's crazy because Jane, his first wife, had recruited this young woman named Karen Zerby, and she was pretty young at the time. I think David was twenty eight years older than her, but Jane went to the house where her parents were and distracted them and they kidnapped her essentially. I mean, I think she was of age. But they left and David really saw something in her and this.
Speaker 3: Yeah hot young tits and ask yeah, but she wasn't even that hot. Maybe to him she was, well he.
Speaker 1: Saw something in her or otherwise and this young puss. I don't know if this is what inspired his revelation to.
Speaker 3: Where, you know, I'm sure it had something to do with it.
Speaker 1: Polyamory slash polygamy. I think it would be more polyamory, but.
Speaker 3: Polyamory wasn't in the Bible. Polygamy was polygamy was not fuck whoever.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing, and when you take on multiple wives in this country, it's it's not legal marriage. So if you take on a second wife, third wife, of course, it's just between y'all. It has nothing to do with the state. So he's still technically married to Jane. But he also takes on Karen and in one of his mo letters he's describing like how they were interacting with each other and talks about how she was a virgin and it was just necking it first. It took me a long time to open her up. Open her up, well, I think those were the very words he used. But anyway, he takes her as his second wife. They end up going over to London in nineteen seventy two.
Speaker 3: Ge wife over there.
Speaker 1: No, he starts to incorporate this practice called flirty fishing. And other cults have done this, but he's the one that gave it a name. And so you would entice others to join by sending out the women to sleep with people, and then when once that happened, you would try to recruit them.
Speaker 3: Do you zan women?
Speaker 1: I think it was mainly men, and they were going after, you know, people with money because because.
Speaker 3: They were tired of eating dumpster dogs.
Speaker 1: Well at this point I think they had kind of moved past that. But they ended up in this resort in the Canary Islands where Karen who I think she went by Mama Maria or mother Maria Mama, and she was said to have like at this one hotel, I think she slept with God, it was a handful of dudes. And when you did this filthy flirting or filthy flirting, this flirty fishing, you had to like document all of it, and the people who were doing this they had to report once a month to David and say this is how many suck this is this is what we did. And this person has joined now and YadA, YadA, YadA.
Speaker 3: But anyway, so they're keeping score.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she at one point at this hotel, she had been with god I think it was like fifty something guys what And she ended up getting pregnant. And it was a guy named Carlos Rodriguez. He was a maintenance guy at this hotel, and they ended up having this kid named They called him David Ito David Itto like little Little David.
Speaker 3: His leaders he was part of the cult too, Carlos.
Speaker 1: Carlos ended up not being part of the cult because around the time that this is happening, the mo letters that he's sending out are just getting really weird. He starts telling everybody that the law of man and the law of God and I'm paraphrasing here, aren't the same thing. And he starts talking about sex being positive no matter who it's with, no matter what their age is, and he starts kind of encouraging the members to engage in sexual activity even with their own family, and it turns out that he had been doing this within his own family.
Speaker 3: So he having sex with his kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he talked about how when you when your kids can't go to sleep, you suck them off. Well he called give it give him a front rub. He talked about how when when his daughter reached the age of nine and she had trouble sleeping, and like I said, this is gonna get fucking disturbing, and this is the tip of the iceberg. So he starts incorporated reading this into his teachings. And when these mo letters started, they were mainly like his interpretation of Bible verses. But then he starts going, I mean it was slow dripped, like he would use sexual innuendo when he was talking about like basic stuff that wasn't sexual. And then you know, after a few years go by, he just everything is sex with him.
Speaker 3: Well, this is what happened when the chronic masturbate and pervert with a stiff one for his mom starts a cult behind the lord's name.
Speaker 1: Well, when he was a little boy, he claimed that he had a caretaker who would suck him off when he couldn't go to sleep at night. Conveniently, what no this is this is real.
Speaker 3: You don't think he just put that part in there to make it seem less weird what he was doing.
Speaker 1: No, I think that this was absolutely real.
Speaker 3: I think that I think he's a modern day Joseph Smith.
Speaker 1: Well he is that. But I do think there was sexual abuse with him as a kid, and I think that it tracks where you know.
Speaker 3: That's why he became people masturbator.
Speaker 1: No, not necessarily, but I think that him incorporating this into the upbringing of kids had to do with his own upbringing. He was reportedly molested by at least two people when he was a little kid, and he liked it, and his own mom thought that the a teenager masturbating, Like you walk in on your teenager masturbating, you just walk away. You don't sham him, you don't make him finish in front of his entire family.
Speaker 3: But anyway, he spoke fondly of the molestation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he acted like it was a positive thing and told his followers that they needed to do the same thing. And so a lot of people were turned off by this, obviously, but not everybody was. River Phoenix claimed that he was molested from age four to ten, and he started talking no. So one of the things that David said was you need to encourage kids to experiment sexually with each other, and you need to, you know, help him out. So the only thing that he really forbid was man on man and I would say homosexuality, But he encouraged lesbian activities. So if he was into it, it was fair game.
Speaker 3: And he was into lesbo stuff, but not how much.
Speaker 1: So with a lot of this abuse that you see when you know the whistle blowing starts is mainly older women molesting boys and older men molesting little girls.
Speaker 3: Believe old women wanted sucking fuck on young boys.
Speaker 1: Rose McGowan claims that her dad absolutely put his foot down when this shit started happening and he got her out of there. She says she was not molested in there. Woquing Phoenix. Like I said, he doesn't really talk about this, like the River was really talking about this right before he died, and.
Speaker 3: He's also talking about vaccines and stuff right before he died. He was just getting all sorts of out of hand. That's why they had to kill him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's possible. It also could be that he was fucked up from this and a lot of these kids. Once they got out of this, some of them committed suicide, a lot of them became drug addicts.
Speaker 3: But River was cleaned for months before that happened.
Speaker 1: I mean, we could do a River Phoenix episode.
Speaker 3: Did he say who molested on him?
Speaker 1: I don't know if he ever said. I haven't looked into his testimony.
Speaker 3: They molested on each other or they or their parents did it.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think his parents did it. In fact, Woking Phoenix is on record saying his parents left the organization over the flirty fishing. But to me, that doesn't really track because River Phoenix, I don't know what year he was born, but when this stuff was being I mean, David had been practicing this within his own family even before he became open with it. But let's look it up real quick.
Speaker 3: I'm saying the years he said he was molested don't line up with the years that his parents left.
Speaker 1: No, I'm saying that Joaquin Phoenix saying that his parents left the cult over the flirty fishing policy, where it was basically just prostitution except for no money was changing hands. However, they did end up in Hong Kong at one point, and they linked up with an escort service, and they did get attention of the law after this, Like with all of this abuse and all of this stuff going on, that's really the only thing in the seventies that the authorities went for was they saw that they tried to link this prostitution, but since they were only doing it to get people to join with money, it was like, you know, your basic honey traffic. Karen Zerbi, she Mama Maria. She had slept with like an ambassador from France and some other pretty high up they're powerful dudes in Japan and other parts of age.
Speaker 3: Said she wasn't hot.
Speaker 1: So yeah River or yeah River was born in nineteen seventy in Oregon. So he says he was molested from age four to ten. So in nineteen seventy four he would have been four and this would have gone on until he in nineteen eighty. So his parents leaving the colt over the filthy fish. You're filthy, I keep saying filthy, Freudian slips, the flirty fishing doesn't track.
Speaker 3: That's what I said. The year, the years stone out of us.
Speaker 1: That's what I said.
Speaker 3: No, I asked you if that's what you meant, and you I don't know if you said yes or no. No.
Speaker 1: I said, Joaquin had said that they left over that practice.
Speaker 3: Joaquin said A River.
Speaker 1: Said, Joaquin, he doesn't talk about it much.
Speaker 3: He doesn't says he was molested.
Speaker 1: Though Joaquin said he wasn't. He but River was. So Joaquin was born in seventy four, so he's claiming that they left.
Speaker 3: Oh that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because in the timeline, if you look at like when the flirty fishing started being a huge tactic they were using to get more members, and David said that they had over half a million people that they tried to recruit this way, and overall, he said they gained about twenty thousand new members through that tactic.
Speaker 3: Hope it was worth it.
Speaker 1: So this thing's worldwide once you get into like the mid to late seventies.
Speaker 3: So maybe River was just trying to protect his parents.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because the way this thing worked, it could have been anybody. And I don't know if River ever blamed it.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm saying he's trying to protect his parents by saying they left when the weird stuff started.
Speaker 1: Oh you mean Joaquin's said that? I Yeah, who knows? I mean he got out of it when he was young. He's got a couple sisters. I think one of them is in acting. But I always thought that they like grew up in this thing. And it sounds like river you know kind of day.
Speaker 3: It sounds like, yeah they did.
Speaker 1: I didn't even look at him. They look at him. The guy is.
Speaker 3: Torture to be famous, you know. Yeah, I don't know, that's just you know, they love to get the little Hollywood boys.
Speaker 1: Well, so in nineteen seventy three, David's son, I think his name was Arthur, if I remember right, he killed himself.
Speaker 3: And probably from all the second in fact, well.
Speaker 1: Guess get this something that happened before he moved to Europe. They had a you know, a meeting, just a regular church thing, and three of his kids were there and they all were married. And after the meeting, he got naked and said that it was sharing time and he made them swap and he made him fuck and.
Speaker 3: He just watched the dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there was reports that he had slept with his son's wife. Anyway, people speculate that that contributed to the suicide.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't it you you have to fuck your brother.
Speaker 1: No, that's not what was going on. They were fucking each other's wives.
Speaker 3: Oh you think watching you.
Speaker 1: I think the power dynamic of it really got to him. But he had a daughter, and she'll come into this, the son that killed himself. She basically went into the care of David and Karen.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 1: David did molest her and he said she was special. And Karen was jealous of this little kid. Now she abused and tortured her and said she was possessed by demons and had exorcisms performed on her. But David wasn't the father, as we established of David Tito. And we'll just call him Ricky Rodriguez because that is his name. That's what he went by. But he was made to do stuff too. I mean it wasn't really a blood relative, not that it makes it any better, but this was common, like you would make kids do stuff with each other in this group. And he from a young age, I mean, he just seemed Ricky David Eito. He just seemed very empathetic and knew this was fucked and he was all So if you were conceived out of this flirty fishing, you were called a Jesus a Jesus baby. But David itough was said to be the end all be all. He was like the next the second Coming, as far as David was concerned. And his story is rather sad. We'll get into it near the end of this thing. But they did start to get the attention of law and he kind of went into hiding. And the only way he ever communicated with his followers for years was through these mo letters. And these things had like illustrations, and he was drawn as a lion, like a man's body with a lion's head. Well, there was like sex manuals that came out in these letters, one of them. As David starts to get up there in age, his health declines and Karen picks over the mo letters.
Speaker 3: And what happened to his first wife.
Speaker 1: She's still the wife. Well, he called Jane the old wine, and Karen or mother Marie was the new wine. And that I mean, I guess Karen may have been scared that she was going to become the old wine once this granddaughter came into the picture. But anyway, she took over. And there was this one series of letters she wrote where she was talking about when you have sex all the time, anytime you engage in sex, you were supposed to picture Jesus. And if you're a woman, easy enough. But if you're a man, you were supposed to picture yourself as a woman being penetrated by Jesus. And she had these lists of things you could say, and they're ridiculous. I won't get into them. If anyone's interested in these mo letters, Like I said, they are on the way back machine and you can read all sorts of fucked up shit. Not telling you to do it, but it is part of the research here. And anyway, that was just a fun aside about how Karen took this. But as David Diito Ricky Rodriguez starts to get a little bit older, I mean, I do want to say this too, Like I listened to the testimony of a lot of these women who got out of this thing. One of them was a third generation member and she said that her mom married David when she was three what And this was facilitated by her own mother, Like she handed him over to David. So it was like a ceremony. He married like three people that day, and one of them was a three year old. So I mean, I assume, but so I mean, there's a lot of stuff in here. I could do hours and hours of this and the stuff I've been learning, but we'll just jump ahead, because this went on and on, and this is this cult is still going on today. They well, in the eighties he told everybody to tone down on the free sex shit because there started to be major std outbreaks within the community AIDS, I mean AIDS, whatever you want to think AIDS is, but they were getting sick. And he assured his followers that as long as you maintain your faith that you would be okay. But he did say time to tone it down. But now this is going on at the same time as these inner poll was looking into them and for human trafficking and for prostitution. But he kind of just takes a back seat. And really I think he died in nineteen ninety four. Ooh, and I was born his wife. Maybe you're the reincarnation hell his wife, his treasured wife, the one that you know, Karen Zurbi. She is still alive to this day and still leading this. Well, we'll get into Ricky because that's kind of in my mind, it's the sad ending of this thing. When he was in his teens, he really started acting out and his mom, Karen, she sent him away to these places where you know, she didn't really have to deal with him. But in his later years, he started communicating with this girl who was I think she was seventeen at the time. But they started planning like an escape and what was her name, Alixia was what she went by, and they were corresponding and they were kind of striking up like a long distance romance, and they ended up planning to get away and it worked. They ended up getting out of the thing. And this is just really sad to me because this kid, he was damaged as fuck. He like his dad or his you know, claimed dad. Oh, that's the thing I wanted to circle back to this. So when Carlos found out that he was this kid's dad, they brought him over and Karen opened the door and said, you want to see the new miracle and she told him it was his kid, and David was there, and David tried to get him to molest the kid. Oh, and told him how you had to raise a kid in.
Speaker 3: This, you know, And he left him there.
Speaker 1: He might not even believed it was his kid, but yeah, he got the.
Speaker 3: Fuck out and left his kid there. Yeah, get molested by David.
Speaker 1: He was a maintenance guy. I mean, like I said, men didn't molest little boys. But they he had two caretakers and I think they're both Their names were Sarah, but Ricky aka David Ito. He talked about how he was molested by these two women and one of them was like his nanny and the other one was some like business related partner with his mom. And he ended up getting away and he traveled through Europe. But when he ends up meeting with Alyxia, they end up moving back to the States. They go to Tacoma, Washington, and they get an apartment. And I mean, these you know how it is when you're like a teenage kid that was brought up in a cult like this. They just had no idea how to function in the real world, the real world. They ended up getting an apartment and they expected to just walk into it and it would all be furnished, and I mean, they just had no idea how shit worked. And it seems like Alixia really assimilated a lot better than he did. He was tormented, I mean everything he went through, and I mean Alixia also went.
Speaker 3: Through this, but in the hand of God, cult.
Speaker 1: Children of God. Yeah, she was a member. Oh she was somebody who was born and do it as well.
Speaker 3: So they just happened to meet each other late.
Speaker 1: I mean, they ended up meeting each other, but corresponding through letters and stuff. This is the one he had planned the escape with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I thought you said she sent him somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was when he was like in his early teens.
Speaker 3: And then he went back to the cult and met Alexia.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well she I mean, he was always in the cult. She just sent him to like work.
Speaker 3: But he went back after that, Yeah, and met Alexia.
Speaker 1: I mean, he was networked through all these places.
Speaker 3: He went all, okay, anyways, I get it. Now they're in the apartment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's trying to lead a normal life. He ends up actually meeting somebody who was willing to take him on as an electrician apprentice. And he was seeming to be okay for a while. He had four years where you know, he thought he could get through this, but he ended up getting in a minor car accident. I don't even think he was injured, but for some reason, and that sent him on this spiral, and he starts saying to himself that something must be done about this, and he plans basically in a nutshell, he decides that he needs to kill his mom because she's running this thing now and if he cuts the head off the beast, the whole thing will crumble. And I mean, man, a lot of these testimonies and all these articles in the podcast I've been listening to. Everybody's like, Okay, but you don't got to kill somebody?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 1: I mean, I can't how else.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm a psychopath, but I mean, how else are you gonna she won't stop?
Speaker 1: Well, just most people, decent people aren't capable of murder.
Speaker 3: Uh you ever been molested by your mom for years?
Speaker 1: Well, you'd want to murder her. And he did want to murder her, so well, he sets his plan into action, and he ends up going incognito, and I mean he just goes, you know, off grid. He's constantly in communication with Alixia. I mean they're like boyfriend girlfriend at this point. And he finds some people somewhere in California who were ex Children of God members, but they put him into contact with the caretaker that molested him. And this is somewhere in Arizona, and he gets into contact with her acts like, you know, everything's cool. He just wants to talk and he gets her to meet up with them, and before he does this, he sits down. And this is the year two thousand, so this is before internet was like what it is today. But he ended up recording this hour long video and it was like a message to all the other survivors, all the kids that got out, explaining what he was doing, why he was doing it, what he was going through mentally, and he just lays out the whole plan and he meets up with her, and she just doesn't understand why he thinks anything was wrong about what happened to him, and he knows that she's in contact with his mom. That's why he ended up meeting up with her, and his plan was to climb all the way to the top and get to his mom. But he just snaps and ends up stabbing her like five times and then slits her throat and he flees in a panic, and he leaves a few voice smells to Alexia and tells her that you know it's done. I did it. It's a lot harder killing somebody than I ever imagined it would be. I don't know what I'm gonna do and he checks into a holiday in and he must have uploaded this video at some point, you know, probably would have taken like twenty four hours back then, and you can watch it on YouTube.
Speaker 3: It's rough of him killing his mom.
Speaker 1: No, of him talking about what he's going to do. But he never killed his mom. He ended up just snapping and killing this lady who was his caretaker. And he ends up leaving the holiday in and he goes and he shoots himself. So he's dead.
Speaker 3: So he didn't even get to his mom.
Speaker 1: No, she's still alive today and she started a website in memoriam of him. And this is the thing that I think is the most fucked up out of this is the research that I've done in the last week. I mean, it's pretty cut and dry to me that this kid wasn't in the wrong, but the media made it look like he was a fucking psychopath. Of course they did, and that he was in.
Speaker 3: Their the molesters. So that's what they do.
Speaker 1: This is now the Family International, it's still running strong today.
Speaker 3: What are they doing to make sure that children are not getting hurt?
Speaker 1: Nothing? The kids they were taken out of the equation on the surface level. As far as we know, this is still going on the surface level. Like they understood, this is fucked up. And I mean the mo letters he talked about how this is how you raise kids.
Speaker 3: How do we know that they took kids out of the equation.
Speaker 1: Because that's what they presented, that this is no longer what we need to do. Because the heat was on them.
Speaker 3: I don't think they stopped.
Speaker 1: Well. I mean, like I said, this thing is now the Family International. It's still operating today.
Speaker 3: Out of California everywhere. I just think that they could say whatever. They could say, oh yeah, we took kids out of the equation.
Speaker 1: But well, I mean, if you ask me, even if they did, the damage is done and this thing is still like foundationally solid. She didn't see any justice for this. David died in ninety four, never paid in any way for his crimes. And there's you know, hundreds, maybe thousands of kids that are just fucking walking around who grew up in this thing and had god knows what done to them. And it just goes to show you, like, what are there no one knows about? You know, your average person doesn't even know about the Franklin cover up. McMartin Presidio. But people know about this, and I mean maybe we wouldn't know about it if some of the kids happened to become celebrities. That is I think why I knew about it. And other than that, though, this is just another one of those things that it's like, oh, well, a bunch of kids got systematically fucked up and this thing is still allowed to run amock.
Speaker 3: So what are what what? What are there like tenants for getting involved in this now? Like what is their message? What is their it's the hook? What's the catch?
Speaker 1: I don't know what their recruiting tactics are today. They've softened it up quite a bit, so maybe they aren't even recruiting actively anymore. Maybe this thing will just die out as people age and die.
Speaker 3: I just don't know, like what the allure would be to like join the Family International, Like what is their message?
Speaker 1: We don't molest kids anymore.
Speaker 3: They're just following regular Christianity, except you can have multiple wives. That's just polygamy.
Speaker 1: I mean that's right or right? I mean, like I.
Speaker 3: Said, that's their deal.
Speaker 1: That's this is the weird thing to me is when people defect from this thing they're willing to talk all the ship in the world about it. But I've heard a few people like one thing David would do was he would have little girls send him these videos where they're dancing, and he would instruct them, don't be naked at first, be wearing something, but then, as you know, do a series of three songs and by the time you're at the end of the song, take your clothes off. And the parents of these kids were like helping the kids make these videos. I just don't so there was pornography of David Etho that circulated. I mean, this stuff kind of reminds me of that shit that went down the Wonderland raids and all the stuff they found. Like, I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if these movements were kind of at least tangentially connected, if not like fully.
Speaker 3: But so I don't think that what was his real name.
Speaker 1: Richard Ricky Rodriguez Ricky.
Speaker 3: I have seen so many times where abused children grow up and want to murder their parents. I don't think he's wrong for that. I don't think that he should. I don't think it even should be looked down on. I mean, they stole his life away.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, and that's the thing. As part of the research I was doing, I did listen to a few podcasts and a lot of these people like draw a line in the sand, like, oh awesome that somebody at least went down, But we can't condone vigilante justice. And it's like, really, because that shit circles.
Speaker 3: But I just I feel like you reap what you saw.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And he even said in one of his voicemails that as she was dying, she was still confused about why he was so upset. She was sitting there bleeding out, and it hit him that she's just as fucking damaged as I am. Like, I haven't really solved anything here by killing her. I've just fucked up myself now.
Speaker 3: And he can because if he wasn't already and.
Speaker 1: He couldn't live with what he did. I mean, I don't think that him being arrested was ever a part of his plan. I think even if he ever did reach his mom and did get her, that maybe taking himself out was always the part, you know, the end of it. And that I mean, that's satisfying to me that I look at all of this and history in particular is well known because of what he did. But there's so many of these kids out there.
Speaker 3: I think there will be more that comes out later. If it's still going on. I'm sorry. I just don't believe that this cured them of anything, especially if the one chick is still running it and she never saw anything wrong with it. Well.
Speaker 1: I listen to one woman who she was the third I wish I could remember her name. We could put in the show notes, maybe because she she's done a Ted talk on this and I agreed with everything she said, but she still has some major disconnect because she said, Yeah, David's second wife who's running it to this day, she's turned it into something a lot better. And I haven't seen any evidence of that. I would like to see it, other than the fact that their fucked up practices were probably driven underground because of all themes.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. You just you don't stop doing that stuff. You just bury it, right because of what happened to David. Eto you don't stop doing those things if you don't think they're wrong. You know what I mean? Yeah, I just if you reaprogram to kill, you'll know that they don't stop they just get more clever about how they hide it. I mean, maybe they stopped being so openly, like in your face about it. But why would they if she was laying there bleeding out and she didn't understand why she was getting murdered, Why would they stop doing something that they absolutely do not think is wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't argue with that. I'm not saying they've cleaned up their act. I'm saying that's the perception.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I'm just saying I don't believe that for a second.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean it'd be interesting to like do a deep dive on current family international practices and to see what they're all about these days. But yeah, they're not going to be so blat with all this pedophilia shit.
Speaker 3: So it was it was a pedophilic victim, right because he said he was molested who grew up and he was a pervert, grew up and.
Speaker 1: He knew how to sway people with Jesus like these lost souls, the remnants of the you know, hippie movement.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just see it as a way that he grew up and he found an avenue to channel all of his weird pedophile pervert ideals through. He started it off with like the basis of Christianity and like we're gonna make our own thing and be our own people. And then he just turned it into an avenue of expressing his own pedophilic and perverted ideas, because you see how he crap it in there. First it was like polygamy. Then it was like let your wives fuck whoever. Then it was like just fuck whoever. Then it was like fuck your kids. I mean that escalated quickly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and a lot of these kids when they get out, they claimed that they didn't think anything was wrong until they were told that that's wrong. I just pulled up the Wikipedia page and we've gone down. Family International. They became that in two thousand and four. So recent teaching. Family International's recent teachings are based on beliefs which they term the New Spiritual Weapons. TFI members believe they are soldiers in the spiritual war of good versus Evil, and it talks about spiritual helpers, other religious and mythical figures, and departed humans, including celebrities, Aphrodite, the SPS, Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, Aubrey Hepper. So this just reminds me of happy science guy channeling all these people King and the Keys of the Kingdom. Family International believes that the biblical passage I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven, and whatsoever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatsoever you lose on earth will be losed in heaven Matthew sixteen nineteen refuse excuse me refers to an increasing amount of spiritual authority that was given to Peter in the Early Disciples. So they're just going back to biblical shit. Loving Jesus is a term Family International uses to describe their intimate sexual relationship with Jesus. So they're still on that.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: Family International describes it's Loving Jesus teaching as a radical form of bridal theology. They believe the Church of Followers is Christ's bride, called to love and serve him with wifely fervor. However, this bridal theology is taken further, encouraging members to imagine Jesus. Oh, so they're still doing that, joining them during sexual intercourse and masturbation. So she's still going on about that.
Speaker 3: Well, why would she stop any of the other business if they're still going on with that.
Speaker 1: Some family. International literature is not brought into conservative countries for fear it may be classified at customs as pornography. The literature outlining the view of Jesus and his desire for a sexual relationship with believers was edited for younger teens and further edited for children. And it's funny because this, look at this, look at the length of this. This is the Wikipedia on them. You don't really get into all the pedophilia shit intil the criticism, and it's like a few.
Speaker 3: Paragraphs that's it. That's all they give it.
Speaker 1: Have you ever heard of this guy named Ted Patrick. No, he's a deprogrammer. He like kidnaps at the behest of the parents of cult members. He's like the dog, the bounty hunter for colts and he ends up like kidnapping them. Anyway, He's interesting. I kind of want to look into him more. But apparently there's some documentaries about him. But he got involved in it in the seventies and it sounds like he fucked up these people as much as the cult did. But he was a martial artist and he would have like a dude hiding in the trunk and they would ambush these cult members and kidnap them and try to deprogram them. Anyway. That's just a side note, you know.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I feel like that's some shit I would do, Like get so upset by what they were doing that I would throw him in a trunk and try to program him somewhere. Especially if they're hurting kids. I might just leave them in the trunk.
Speaker 1: No, but he was. It wasn't the kids. It was like older members said.
Speaker 3: Especially if they were hurting kids like those.
Speaker 1: I mean, back when this was going on, it was called free Cog Free the children of God, and some of the more wealthy parents hired this guy to go get their kids out of it. And then when I say their kids, it's like adult children. But anyway, that's the presentation. I don't know if you have any thing to say about that before you go take a shower.
Speaker 3: Wow, So aren't you gonna ask me what? I write?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How many?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: What? What what are we using? What's the units of measurement? Out of ten kid diddlers?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: That was? Gonna come up with something a little.
Speaker 3: More classy, but oh, go ahead.
Speaker 1: How many out of ten Jesus brides?
Speaker 3: Ah, ten Jesus brides?
Speaker 1: Oh, you're gonna rate this one low.
Speaker 3: Now. That was so cray Cray.
Speaker 1: And I mean this one, like we said, a lot of these are going to be stuff people haven't heard of. This one is on the periphery of mainstream for obvious reasons. But I had never.
Speaker 3: Never heard no shit about them touching kids.
Speaker 1: I mean, I knew that the Phoenix family was in there, and they changed their name to Phoenix when they joined this cult, and I mean.
Speaker 3: It was obviously not as school as Feen.
Speaker 1: I don't remember what their original names were, but they you know, Phoenix Rising. They they did use that terminology to name themselves and then.
Speaker 3: For ever, you know, I mean, as far as researching goes. Actually, this is something my dad used to say about me when I was a kid. He used to say, you're horrible at telling jokes because you just want to skip the storyline of the joke and get straight to the punch line. And I feel like that's how I do my research. No, it isn't like I always just like skip a bunch of details and I just get straight to the punchline.
Speaker 1: Dude, anybody who's listened to your previous series on here knows that's not true.
Speaker 3: But I mean, like as far as like, because I feel you go into further detail with your cults than I do.
Speaker 1: Maybe, well, I think you pick these real obscure ones where there's not a lot out there. I mean, like I said, really, isn't I feel like after a week of doing this, like you could do a whole fucking podcast, not just like a series. Yeah, it could, and people have And there's a number of documentaries. In fact, I kind of want to watch one of them that's on HBO. It's about the kids that they've got.
Speaker 3: Now are they going to give all the gory deats or is.
Speaker 1: It gonna be I mean, we know the filter of HBO, Max and Netflix documentaries. I'd like to at least think that they give these kids there fair shape.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, we'll see. I'd watch it with you for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just want to wash myself of this for at least a little while. Like I was telling you before we started recording it, when Jeremiah and I on Conspiracy Playtime did the Franklin cover up, it was man that fucked with me.
Speaker 3: Well, how do you think I felt when I did all that pedaphocracy stuff?
Speaker 1: I know, just listening to it. I felt man nasty. Yeah, and I can't imagine having laid out that presentation and all the work you put into it. But it is some of the darker shit. And I've been talking to somebody who looks into this stuff too, and she was talking about how like why do why do we do it? Like why do we look into it? And isn't this just like further trauma? But I mean she's like us, it needs to be known. In my opinion, I'll tell you after we've done recording.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess not. I guess I want to be confident in answering that question of why do we even look into it? Because I feel like it gives a voice to all those kids who will never be recognized and mean the atrocities that have happened to them.
Speaker 1: Not that is important, And not to mention the fact that the reason it continues today is because people want to look the other.
Speaker 3: Way, because that if.
Speaker 1: You know about it, and you know where it's happening and how to look for it, I'd like to think that maybe you won't send your kid to a military daycare.
Speaker 3: Well that's just the thing is, I feel like it gives a voice to the victims that have been traumatized for years, And I feel like it takes a strong heart to research it and talk about it at length and give details. And it's like I want to shock people into reality that the bad guy is winning in the end, and these kids, unless somebody talks about it, they're just nameless, faceless little kids who've got their lives taken away from them. And it's like, the least I can do is try to make people aware of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean to me, I do get a little disheartened because I see positively on that end of things, there are so many people who are aware of this and talking about it and trying to wake people up to it. But on the other end of it, to get more negative, like still people aren't listening. And I don't know if it's going to take this happening to your kid before you'll fucking start paying attention to it. But something has to give because this isn't localized to our era. This has been going on as long as you can look back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, Joe.
Speaker 1: The people who have formed our institutions through secret societies are college is, our politicians. They're all wrapped up in it and it's as old as time. And I'd like to think that even if we do scream from the rooftops and nobody listens, at least we're trying. And I do see a lot of people getting jaded and backing away from it, and you know, you get people it is. It's like, oh, it's the pedophiles again. That's the thing, is like, why was QAnon so effective in making people laugh at this shit? It's because oh, everybody's a pedophile, all all all our movie stars, all our politicians. They're gonna put Oprah and fucking Ellen and jail because QAnon said so. Like, yeah, it's so effective the way that I mean, look at pizzagate. Pizzagate is laughed at. Like even some of these podcast episodes I've listened to about this topic, The Children of God, they'll sit there and like cover this and then be like, yeah, but it's fucking Tony Pedesta and Tom Hanks, Like, aren't you guys missing the point here?
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: Blind spots are fucking massive for a lot of people that are willing to like look under the rug for it, but they don't see it when it's right in front of their face.
Speaker 2: But and you know.
Speaker 3: My thing too, is like I just did an episode I'm not sure when it's going to release with Sean mccannon about circumcision. That's ritual abuse. That's a regular, normal practice that people should be shouting from the rooftops about, but they're not.
Speaker 1: It makes it easier to clean.
Speaker 3: But my thing is I told him this and maybe you will agree. But like when I decided to end my previous marriage, I knew going into our relationship that there were certain core values that I have because of the type of information that we cover and the type of stuff that we research. And it's like, would you circumcise your son, no check? Would you vaccinate your child? No check? Do you believe that the world is run by satanic pedophiles? Yes? Check?
Speaker 1: I mean, do you like ghost adventures? No?
Speaker 3: That's not part of my checklist. But I'm just saying it's like I've changed as a person since I started looking into this stuff. I value different things since I started looking into this stuff. The things that I want in a partner have changed since I started looking into this stuff. I mean, how do you explain to a normy person that you don't you want an uncircumcised unvaccinated kid to be homeschooled because the world is ran by satanic pedophiles. On a first date, you just.
Speaker 1: Say it, and I think that it's better to get it out of the way in the beginning.
Speaker 3: But you know how hard it is to meet people who are on the same track as us.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't feel like it's hard. I just feel like, do.
Speaker 3: You think if you went out in Ashland tomorrow and started looking for a chick that Matt met this criteria? It would just be diame a dozen. Oh, not necessarily, But I'm talking about for the people who listen to our shows who aren't interacting in the podcast world and they work nine to five jobs. Do you think the Sarah Ann that works at the fucking secretary desk that you think is hot is just going to have these ideas because you like her. No, Like, it's hard to actually find people A you're attracted to B that have the same values as you and then see would even if they didn't, would be open to hearing about them. Let's talk about pedophiles on a first date.
Speaker 1: Hey, it does work, though.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying it's not.
Speaker 1: Yes, you think I didn't say it was easy. I'm just saying it doesn't need to be like, oh, well, if you have to, like, for anybody out there trying to find a mate, don't wait around to make sure you see eye to eye on the important things, because that's just going to be like you might have sex with somebody and fall in love with them and then have these conversations and that's just gonna make us so much harder. But I mean, everybody jokes around in this community about there needs to be a dating app for conspiracy theorists on disinformation. We had the commercial for it. It's real, like that stuff is happening now and I just think that a lot more people are awake to this stuff right now than they ever have been in my life.
Speaker 3: And well, thank god, I think it's because we're talking about it.
Speaker 1: It depends on where you are too, Like I don't know, it's a whole other conversation we could have for hours.
Speaker 3: But it also like if you were thinking about a dating profile, it would make it easier to be like are you vaccinated? Is that something that you partook in? Because I don't want to have your vaccinated ferm inside.
Speaker 1: Sure go with that route too, with the dating apps but meet people in real life and have organic conversations before you even decide if you want to pursue it that way, because who gives a fuck about the algorithms, and you know, you're all the data that's going into is this person going to be a match? You find out what is important to you, and especially if you're gonna have kids with somebody.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. That's what drove me away from my last relationship is I met him before I became the cosmic peach. I met him before I knew what my true value system was. And that stuff will drive you apart. Even if you want to love that person and you feel like there's a level of possible compatibility with them and you want to make it work, those things will drive you apart in the end, especially like when you're begging them please don't get vaccinated, and then it's like you're married, so you're just stuck with them, and you know that goes against everything that you believe in. I mean, what do you do? It's hard. It's a weird world right now. Half the people make fun of people who talk about pedophiles, and they think the earth is flat, and that's the main concern at the moment, and I just think that it's not. I'll just say that I don't think that's the main concern at the moment. And then you know, you have all these little like subset groups of people who think different things are the most important.
Speaker 1: Well, and they're all watching people like Ian Carol too, even people who are awake. They see like these people who will talk about certain points but only to a limit. Because hey, Robert fucking Kennedy Junior bent over backwards for the vaccination shit, but he just got red Dye removed from the foods. Will excuse me, I can fucking make that choice when I go to the grocery store for myself. I don't need the government to take red Die out of foods. I'm not saying I don't think it's cool that that's happening. But he's totally been over backwards on the stuff that matters more to me. Like he agrees with the vaccine schedule where you get three fucking COVID jabs by the time you're six months old, that's all fine to him, even though he made his fucking fortune by going up against that stuff. But you know what, he got Red die out of food.
Speaker 3: So I'm with you.
Speaker 1: Me and Carol will still make video sucking Robert Kennedy's junior's dig because you know, I'll look the other way when he writes a fucking editorial article for Fox News that we need to up m envirnment vaccines so that the measles outbreak doesn't happen. But he does he does push ups. Yeah, that's actually how.
Speaker 3: Oh and it's like it's like he's cool with three COVID jabs before you're six months old, and everybody needs to get the measles and mumps rubella vaccines. That's all great, but.
Speaker 1: Even though he said it causes autism.
Speaker 3: But no, he got Steak and Shake to use fake tallow in their fries. Let's all give him a pat on the fucking.
Speaker 1: Back tallow in the fries. They were already cooked in vegetable oil before they were even dipped in the fucking beef tallow. So good job, buddy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, though, is like this guy, this guy is and he.
Speaker 1: Also did some shit with that I thought was very like Summer of Love George Floydish when everybody bent over backwards on their previous stance on gathering in public when rioting is actually more important. Even the fucking health authorities are saying rioting for George Floyd is more important than not getting COVID. But you weren't allowed to go to church, you weren't allowed to go to the bar. But if you're gonna riot, it's okay now. Robert F. Kennedy Junior just did a thing where he says, you know, there's some things that are more important than the health stuff, like standing with Israel.
Speaker 3: So what an interesting statement.
Speaker 1: I thought so.
Speaker 3: But you know what I'm saying, though, it's just a weird world where it's like a bunch of subjects of things that people are holding more valuable than other things, and it's just it's hard to find compatibility. I guess, well, we don't.
Speaker 1: Need to complain about that. No, even though I don't like oost.
Speaker 3: Adventures, not everyone has been so fortunate. I think it's it's just a strange world that we're living in right now. Especially those who were making fun of like kids getting raped.
Speaker 1: Well, they think that we're obsessed with it.
Speaker 3: I'm not obsessed with kids getting raped.
Speaker 1: I'm obsessed with the fact that it happens on a normal basis.
Speaker 3: Me too, me too, And that it's gone on for so long and so far back into time and it's still just a funny joke.
Speaker 1: Well that's fine with me, but it can stop. How about that. Like, I don't give a shit what was going on in Rome a thousand years ago, but I do care now.
Speaker 3: But I think that the stuff that was going on in Rome a thousand years ago is I mean.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it's the reason it's happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just saying it's never changed.
Speaker 1: No, I mean that's why I.
Speaker 3: Don't think the Family International has changed.
Speaker 1: But they still don't need to picture JC when you're fucking flicking your bean or getting realed.
Speaker 3: Do you remember the cult that you're covering next week?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I might change it.
Speaker 3: Oh, so I guess you can't give us.
Speaker 1: A tease then I'm thinking about changing it. So yeah, we're not going to lead a hint this week for me. What about you?
Speaker 3: Oh I think I remember, Yeah, I think I remember. It's something that I've talked about briefly in the past. But I'm gonna hit it a little bit harder next week and get into all of the details. Hopefully maybe I'll put some more backstory and stuff. I'll try not to get to the punchline so quick next week.
Speaker 1: It's okay, I wasn't bashing your presentation, No, I.
Speaker 3: Mean I do like to just focus on the gory bits.
Speaker 1: I guess well I had no shortage of that with Mike Cold so right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, No, I think both of us had a couple of real blood baths.
Speaker 1: I mean I think that this fucking Children of God. Just researching it on the internet you could get some red flags raised down you, but the people doing it it didn't.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, No, yeah it was hunky dory.
Speaker 1: So that's your hint. It's something you've talked about before. Yeah, I have no bigger hints.
Speaker 3: No, because it'll give it away.
Speaker 1: Okay, So.
Speaker 3: If you don't have anything else to add.
Speaker 1: Nope, picture Jesus tonight, everybody, wink wink?
Speaker 3: Are we doing that?
Speaker 1: I always do?
Speaker 3: With that being said, thanks for listening. We'll see you again next week four into the Cultiverse, part forward, and there is one very important vital piece of information I need you to learn just as soon as humanly possible.
Speaker 2: Home in No that a home in the city home is a Bday.
Speaker 1: And the whole me.
Speaker 2: Home in the darkness, home on the highway, Home is in my way.
Speaker 3: Home.
Speaker 2: I'll never be.
Speaker 1: Murn out stay.
Speaker 3: But after night.
Speaker 1: I can't say it's a two put up the face. I'm living lo ever.
Speaker 2: Love Devil's Dune. I'm Birds from Bird Bird, I'mberdis from m Burty Wars