Speaker 1: All right, good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust. You know. Spring is in the air and pretty soon, well you know, things are going to get real musical, real fast. We've got from Okam, Mary Lynn, Miam. How are we doing, young lady.
Speaker 2: I'm great this morning, running a tad bit late, but I'm awesome. How about you?
Speaker 3: Tom?
Speaker 1: Pretty much the same? Mondays do that to me.
Speaker 2: I yeah sometimes, but we are so excited. We are back for our forty first festival, a hard to say forty first, and it kicks off with our especially for kids festival, of course, and then leads into our main stage.
Speaker 3: And we have not announced our lineup, but we'll be doing so this week. For the main stage.
Speaker 2: However, we kicked off our kids festival on Friday, and oh my goodness, it was a huge success.
Speaker 3: We've already got.
Speaker 2: Over one hundred slots signed up for his families and that's the most that we've ever had on day one, and so I think the tea that we have is halfway full, which is amazing. And so yeah, it kicks off on May thirtieth and runs through June eighth, and again we have so much for the kids.
Speaker 3: It's going to be amazing. We have our Keyboard Orchestra.
Speaker 2: Kicking off on Friday, May thirtieth. We have our Tea and Erindale for those who love Frozen. On Saturday, May third, we have our Dancing with Eagles with the Hoop Dancers, which are amazing on Saturday May thirty first. On Sunday, June first, we have an art immersion that is going to be so fun. You're going to learn about Edvard Grieg and do some painting.
Speaker 3: We've got Ziggy Bingo at the radio station shout out to Bartlesviill.
Speaker 2: Radio on Sunday, June first, where families can come pick up their Bingo cards, get a free piece us.
Speaker 3: And win some prizes. So that's always fun.
Speaker 2: Then on Monday and Tuesday, we have our Story and Experience sort of it, and it's where kids come. They get to listen to a story, learn something about some music, and sometimes you get to take home a book. Sometimes you might get to take home a toy, sometimes you might get to take home an instrument, and so we're really excited this season. We're heavily focusing on Norway and the composer Edvard Grieg.
Speaker 3: So we have a lot of story and experiences.
Speaker 2: About trolls, about Elsa and Anna from Frozen, we have a story about Vikings, and we have a story about the little animals who be friends and tries to trick a troll.
Speaker 3: So those are our story experiences for the season.
Speaker 2: Tom, you need to come.
Speaker 3: I think you would enjoy them. They always bring a lot of laughter. Followed by that, we have two of our puppets series.
Speaker 2: One will happen in Tulsa. We have a wonderful puppet show coming back to us and again that's about how to Snag a Sea Monster. Then on Wednesday we will have two puppet shows in Bartlesville, Ringo's Singalong Puppet Show and then also how to Sack Snag a Sea Monster.
Speaker 3: We also have going back to Tuesday evening a.
Speaker 2: Piano recital with our very young budding talented artist through Lusa Steele's Piano studio, and we're excited to have them in concert. Then on Wednesday night, after the two puppet shows, we have the Twinkle Little Stars with the Bigger Stars from Lisa Steele's Piano Studios. So we're always tickled to hear them. They are amazingly talented young artists. Thursday, we go into another art immersion where kids will learn about Edvard Monk who painted the Scream if you remember the Scream, and they'll he's also a Norwegian, a very famous artist, and so they'll come in and they'll get to do a self portrait and again listen to some Edvard grieg while learning about Edvard Munch. Then we also have another wonderful series out at the Green which is kind of our finale, but that'll be jamming with the trolls.
Speaker 3: That's going to be fun.
Speaker 2: Just so our wonderful intern is going to do an instrument and music immersion on the violin and the ukulele, talking about similarities, talking about the differences in the instruments, and then children will leave with a violin or a ukulele.
Speaker 3: So that's very exciting.
Speaker 2: And then we have another keyboard concert orchestra concert with our older kids on June.
Speaker 3: Eighth, So we have a lot.
Speaker 2: We have over twenty events for kids this season and we are very excited about them.
Speaker 1: I'd say that is a lot. That's almost like a college semester packed in just a few days it is.
Speaker 2: It's a lot. I'm really excited. And of course kids can pick up their passport. If they've been before, they know we have a little passport. You bring it to each event, you get a stamped and then you get entered into the opportunity to win a Rappel prize at each event.
Speaker 3: So that's always exciting.
Speaker 2: And the passports will be available on or after May twentieth, and you can pick those up at the OKAM office, you can pick them up the library, you can pick them up at the community center. So we're excited about those.
Speaker 3: I think the prizes are going to be fun.
Speaker 2: There might be some little troll dolls in some of those prizes. Lots of games, lots of musical things, art supplies, all kinds of really fun stuff for the summer.
Speaker 1: This really sounds fun. I mean it always is, but I mean it sounds like you guys went the extra mile this year.
Speaker 3: Well every year.
Speaker 2: Our children's programming is you know, it's amazing to watch these kids. It is the life and the future, of course of Okaya Music. It has become so popular that we keep adding more and more events to it just so that kids can come. We try to keep them small and intimate, so usually there's not more than eighty eighty kids who attend one session, so that's why we have to have a lot of sessions so we can get a lot of kiddos served and help and introduce them to the arts and music and just have a really good time. But yeah, please sign up. You can find us on the OKM website okmmusic dot org. You're welcome to come by the office at four fifteen South Dewey or give us a call at nine one eight three three six nine eight zero zero and get signed up for these events. Because while they're all free except for the tea, there is a ten dollars charge per person for that. They fill up fast and it is first come, first served. It is by reservation only, so you definitely want to sign up, so again, okmusic dot Org nine one eight three three six nine eight zero zero or come by in Zeros and I at four fifteen South Uie.
Speaker 1: All right, that is amazing, man, you're off to a great start, and later this week we're gonna find out the lineup right for the big thing.
Speaker 3: Yes, we are.
Speaker 2: Launching at the end of the week and we are very excited it's going to be an amazing season, folks.
Speaker 1: What you don't know is that she's ready to burst it the seams right now, but she knows she can't say anything until it's time. But it's always nice to have a little fun with you. I don't mean anything bad by teasing you on that. But the thing is, it's always great the big unveil, and then of course the tickets will go on sale shortly thereafter.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, the tickets will go on sale the same day, well on Friday, and then tickets will go on sale on Friday around noon, and so we are very excited about it.
Speaker 1: Oh mine, this is going to be great. This is going to be absolutely forty one. I like this the forty first season of OKM, right here in Bartlesfield, Treasure at Trasure, We're going to keep forever and ever and ever. And the way we do that is we just keep showing up for the festival. We keep showing up at all the fundraisers and having fun with you. You know. The thing is, too, you got you're going to have some new recruits there, aren't you. With some of the college kids coming in to help out the interns.
Speaker 2: We have college interns every season. We have three that will be returning for us for the entire summer, and that's just all Madeline and Jacob, and so we're very tickled to have them back. And then we will have five additional new interns that will be coming to us. And it looks like we're going to have some interns not only from Oklahoma, but but Tennessee as well as Gosh, I'm trying to.
Speaker 3: I'm blanking on on the other state.
Speaker 2: I want to say, maybe Arizona is.
Speaker 3: One of our other states.
Speaker 2: So it's not just Oklahoma kids who come to us somewhere tickled. We have kids who are business majors, music majors, maybe they're into production planning type of majors. I think we have a young man who's coming that's actually a sound engineer major this year, so that's super exciting.
Speaker 3: And these you know, these.
Speaker 2: Kids get introduced to everything from marketing to ticket sales, to children's programming to adult programming, to sound and stage and lighting, and you know, just learning how a nonprofit operates, but also learning behind the scenes of how a music festival works and how it's run. And so we give them an opportunity and experience to try it all, and we're very excited. We had a lot of applications this year and we're just getting ready to reveal on April first, So I guess next week. Oh my goodness, who are our new interns.
Speaker 3: Are for the season.
Speaker 2: But we've already got been selected and we are good to go, tom So you'll be getting to meet some more kids this the summer.
Speaker 1: That is great. It's always nice to see some of the familiar faces, of course, but also the newbies that come in too, because they have a tendency to stick around. I've noticed that they do. I've got a question I should know better, have we? How are we on the scholarships.
Speaker 3: Scholarships are amazing. We have three that we give away.
Speaker 2: We're getting ready to announce our Thomas Saying Chapel. We'll be releasing that scholarship coming up for our young kids who are in school that want to take piano lessons or some kind of music lessons. They can apply for those again online at Okanmusic dot org. But the one that we're getting ready to announce. Sorry I got ahead of myself is the Men Scholarship, and that is for seniors who are going into college to at least get a minor in music, and that's one thousand dollars scholarships. They need to again apply online at okaymusic dot org, but that is through the Bartlesville High School or Dewey High School and we will announce that winner at the Bartlesville Annual Honor or not honor, but the annual awards of simply I will also work for it. But yeah, that will be in I believe early May that we make those announcements.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was hoping that I hadn't missed out on that yet.
Speaker 2: No, No, there they go all year long, I know.
Speaker 3: And then we also have one.
Speaker 2: More scholarship that they can apply for in the fall. That are for kids who are studying music that are teenagers. So we kind of break up our two scholarships and the younger kids and the older kids. And again that's for students who are studying that are pursuing music lessons during the school year, and so we absolutely.
Speaker 3: Encourage people to apply for those.
Speaker 2: Those will open up after July and then we'll select those winners in the fall.
Speaker 1: Great, Mary Lynn, if folks want to find out anything and everything about OKAM music, what's your website.
Speaker 2: Okmmusic dot org. And again they can call us at nine one eight three three six ninety eight hundred, or they can come by and see us at four fifteen.
Speaker 1: South Dewey, Mary Lanne, thank you very much for being with us today.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. I'm so sorry that I was tarty.
Speaker 2: But I certainly appreciate you guys very much. Tom, and we can't wait to see you at all of our spectacular children's stuff.
Speaker 1: All right, it's gonna be a lot of fun, thank you, ma'am. All Right, folks, you've been watching and listening to our community