Speaker 1: And now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers on Tech tam Case.
Speaker 2: Hi everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on this hot Saturday afternoon here in Southern California. Hopefully you are staying cool, Hi Drayton, enjoy yourself on this weekend as you Los Angeles Dodgers. So they need to turn things around. Sixty three and forty seven on the season, first place atop the NL West with the four game lead in the division. This road trip, though, hasn't gone exactly as planned. When they started in Houston, they dropped two of three. When they went to San Diego, they dropped both games to the Padres, and last night they fell to the A's. And this series opener in Oakland and tonight, they look to get back on track with a fresh face, Jack Flaherty, acquired at the deadline back home here in Southern California, pitching for his favorite team growing up, the Dodgers. He'll take the mound tonight from the Oakland Coliseum, first pitch for six oh seven. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, We'll preview this pitching matchup, David Vasse will go one on one with Blake Trying. In shortly, we'll hear from Kirsten Watson, who was live on the field there at the Coliseum in Oakland. In just a few minutes, we'll head out to the GALPA Motors broadcast booth and here from Rick Monday and Tim nevertts Well.
Speaker 1: Last night in.
Speaker 2: Oakland, things started good for the Dodgers before Stone got roughed up and the Dodgers didn't have enough to come back.
Speaker 3: Gavin Stone got to start.
Speaker 2: The young right hander had a great season so far, but since the beginning of July he started a level out of it last night. Four innings, five runs, eight hits, including two home runs. He's truck out five along the way. The Dodgers offense, though, gave Gavin Stone some early run support.
Speaker 4: Two down and the pitch Fromestes to Hernandez swung on well, hit to left, going back as Miguel Andohr he's at the track. He looks up and has gone Hondre on a two runs shot for Taioscar Hernandez his twenty third and the Dodgers jump on the board.
Speaker 5: First hit there's two to nothing.
Speaker 2: Twenty third home run of the season for tay Oscar, and the Dodgers jumped on Joey Estas early, grabbing a two to nothing lead. However, after that ta Oscar a home run, the Dodgers offense went to sleep. Vesta has retired fifteen straight. Meanwhile, Gavin Stone gave a pa pair of solo home runs in the fourth that tied the game at two. In the fifth, Gavin Stone give up a lead off walk, then an RBI triple followed by an RBI double, and just like that, the Dodgers were down four to two, and that was it for Gavin Stone. Joe Kelly proceeded to come in and serve up a two run home run to the.
Speaker 3: First Battery faces.
Speaker 2: The A's, with four runs in the fourth inning, took a six to two lead. The Dodgers offense was able to get some runners on base in the sixth and the seventh and in the eighth, but nothing across the plates. It remained six to two until the top of the ninth. Key k Hernandez a one out single. Two batters later, James Autman a two out walk that brought up show.
Speaker 4: Hey Ferguson ready his pitch on the way swing on an hammer.
Speaker 5: Deep right, failed way back in down home run for.
Speaker 1: Shure hell Tony.
Speaker 4: It's thirty third of the season.
Speaker 1: It's a one run ball game, six to five.
Speaker 3: Home run number thirty three for show Hey.
Speaker 2: That broken oh for fifteen Dodgers slump for show Hey. Dodgers down six to five, they were back in it. Unfortunately, that's as close as they would get, as the Eighties hang on and win at six to five, as does the wins.
Speaker 3: Gavin Stone gets the loss.
Speaker 2: He's now zero in three with a seven to fifteen ERRA in his last five starts.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers are struggling on this roach.
Speaker 2: If they're now one in five, they're hitting collectively one to eighty seven, they're scoring about three and a half runs per game, and they have struck out seventy seven times in six games. They're leading the division down to just four. Tonight, though a new day and a new arm on the mound. Jack flairt he acquired at the trade down line from Detroit. He gets to start his first in the Dodger uniform. First pitch from Oakland Coliseum is coming up at six zero seven and with more. We head up to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we say hello, good afternoon Monday, and Tim never guys, thanks.
Speaker 4: To them back of the Oakland Coliseum beautiful night, blue skies as we get set for Dodger Baseball against the Oakland Athletics and the Dodgers trying to even this series up at a game of peace. Disappointing start to the series as the A's pulled out a six to five win last night. Shoey O'towny with a late three run home run with two outs in the top of the ninth pinning, but it just wasn't enough as the A's held on for that six to five victory. Dodgers begin the day four up on the Arizona Diamondbacks and they'll send newly acquired Jack Flaherty to the mod Flarity has chosen to wear the number is zero for the Dodgers, so he will be out there tonight making his Dodger debut. The established Major league veterans seven and five on the year with Detroit with an ERA under three. He will oppose Mitch Spence, a right hander for Oakland. He's won back to back starts he is seven and six overall with a four to four to seven ere a pretty similar looking line up tonight Rick as last night, with the exception Kevin Kiermeier does not start, and I'm ed Rosario also on the bench.
Speaker 6: Well where do we begin? And I think the first thing you have to realize the Dodgers, this has not been an enjoyable trip at all. They're one in five. Couple of things really have to happen. They have to hit better and pitch better. The defense has been okay, but from an offensive standpoint, they've been outscored. They've been out hit with runners in scoring position. It's really a landslide and the Dodgers to the negative sign. And then you look at the pitching. The Dodgers need some extension as far as the number of innings, and hopefully they get that from Jack Flaherty, who can certainly fill the bill on that end of it. Because the starting pitching, if you go back really to the first of July, it worked only five innings more than the bullpen. So the bullpen has had a very very heavy load recently.
Speaker 4: And for the oaklan a as you go back to the beginning of July, they're starting pitching. Actually, since the All Star break is nine and three, they're getting some decent starting pitching where they hadn't in the first half of.
Speaker 6: The Sex and they're getting it done a lot of different ways. So if the A's don't take them lightly, you know, they may be last place in America League Western Division, twelve games behind Houston and Seattle, who tied at the top. But for the A's they won seven of ten. Ten of the last fourteen have also been the win column, and all you have to do is look at how they're really playing and enjoying themselves on the field for a very good reason. They're playing good baseball right now.
Speaker 4: Since July one, the Dodgers eleven and fourteen, as you mentioned one on five on the trip, they're two and six in their last eight. So instead of a June swoon, it's really been the July swoon starting into August. So tonight behind Flairdy, this is really a game the Dodgers have.
Speaker 6: To win and winning they need to do it. They've lost six to the last ten. Meanwhile, you look at Arizona. Arizona now is move into second place in the Western Division four games. They've won eight of ten San Diego now four and a half back. They've also won eight of their last ten ball games. So again pitching and hitting, and they need more timely hitting in certain areas of the ballgame because they left too many runners on base when they've been able to get runners on base. Because again on this road trip, they have struck out seventy seven times. Do some math for you. That's twenty five and two thirds innings of nothing, no productivity.
Speaker 4: Pitch here and catcher playing catch.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that's got to change, and it is going to change. And I think one of the problems you run into is a ball club individually, if you try and take the load upon your own shoulders. Now one guy can do it. Dave Roberts saluted to that last night. Is Look, you can't expect show Hey Otani to pull the wagon all the time. Other guys have to contribute as well. I think it's gonna happen very soon.
Speaker 4: Jack Clarity against Mitch Spence Game two Dodgers and as Dodgers trying to even up the series, Aaron Oakland tim all right, as we.
Speaker 2: Caut you down to first pitch, Dodger fans get that game day meal on as Shaky's Pizza Parlor. No better time to call than right now. What are your Shaky's Pizza Chicken emojos? You can do it online at Shaky's dot com. Coming up here at Dodgers on Deck, we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We'll check you out with David Vassa, who goes one on one with Blake Tryning. We'll break down this pitching matchup up next. So your otani rewind and we'll head to the field at the Oakland Coliseum. Houston Watson standing by. We'll hear from Hurting next as we lead you up to first pitch on this Saturday, Dodgers and A's, thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers On, Todgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and A's on this Saturday afternoon, arly evening, Jack Flerny, Mitch Spence.
Speaker 3: The pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: First pitch in the coliseum is set first six oh seven.
Speaker 1: This is the otani.
Speaker 4: Rewinde Ferguson ready his pitch on the way swine on a hammer deep right field way backing down hold run for Shaw hal Tony his thirty third of the season.
Speaker 1: It's a one six to.
Speaker 3: Five show, Hey Otani.
Speaker 2: With the three run home run in the ninth and eighty four hundred and five feet to right field, number thirty three on this season. Otani last night goes one for five with the home run, now hitting three to oh eight on the year. The Otani Rewind brought to you by eto ins Oi Autcha, Japan's number one green Tea and the Tea the show he Otani loves and drinks. If he'll be a local diso stores, Amazon and eto win dot Com.
Speaker 3: That's it, O e n dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kirston now joins us from the field at the Oakland Coliseum, Day two of this three game weekend series Dodgers and Eights. Dodgers desperately need to get a win on this road trip and they give the ball to one of the new faces in this rotation, Jack Flaherty.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and the hope is like he can be the stopper for this team. This is a guy who's having a really strong season and a guy who's getting really top acquisition for the trade. That's so he comes in. He not only just brings a little bit of spark, but I actually love what he said the other day when he was speaking to the media in San Diego. He does also bring an edge, So hopefully he can set the tone and get things going early, be effective, hopefully get a little deeper into the game, and give the team the support they need. Obviously, we've been seeing the last two games just from the starting rotation not the best of outings, so Bulton usage is a little bit high. Dave Roberts does feel that they're in a good spot still, but the hope is that Jack can set the tone. Be that hometown kid. I have to imagine that he's going to be really special for him. Wearing Dodger blue RepresentUs organization, one that he grew up cheering for, so it's going to be an unforgettable day for him no matter what. But hopefully he can kind of put the ball on it with big times in.
Speaker 2: Hopefully he gives them the outing they need and the Dodgers meanwhile offensively tweaking things up a little bit.
Speaker 3: The line up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So the Dave Roberts switched pay Oscar Hernandez and Will Smith. And it's not like a big twitch or anything, but really with Will Smith, he's been struggling. He's been transparent about that, trying to work through a few things to get going, and so it just made more sense that someone can get that. Just if someone's going to have another at that, it makes more sense for it to be payoffs over Will Smith at the moment, as Chayoscar we call last night with the home run, he's been pretty consistent, especially with the long ball as of late. So just hopefully it's another way to kind of get this offense going, because you can feel it late in the game. It just felt like, okay, yeah, the two runs early in that first inning, and then it's really quiet, and then finally, you know, Shohey comes up with that moment, keeps the home run. All right, they're back in it, but obviously they lost by that one run. So hopefully it just puts the team in a little bit of a different position where they can just add multiple runs on the board really throughout the entirety of the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 2: They got to score in bunches, not just the beginning of the game and the end of the game.
Speaker 3: Cares. We appreciate it. We will check in with you after this game.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today, your car could be picked up tomorrow. Donate now Carsfrokids dot Org. That's Cars with a K still to come here on Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vesse goes high and tight. We'll get you with injury report. But up next we'll also hear from the manager Dave Roberts Dodgers as first pitch is.
Speaker 3: Six oh seven.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunt on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Saturday night a Marongo Casino resort and spat a Grand Slam four Good Times Dodgers in Oakland to take on the a's first pitch coming up at six oh seven.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Chris Taylor on the I, L McGill, Rojas on the IL, Mookie Bets on the IEL but getting closer you oce w Yabbamoto is throwing off Blackground and has thrown a bullpen session, so that is good news. Walker Bueler on the IEL. Going to make another minor league rehabit assignment coming up in a couple of days. Michael Grove looks like the closest of the Dodger players that are on the IEL to return that could be sooner rather than later, followed by Max Munsey and Ryan Brasier as well as Bruce dark ground role. So the Dodgers starting to get healthy here as we flip the calendar to august 's head back up to Oakland and check out the Dodgers get burned.
Speaker 1: Anything else?
Speaker 3: The questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave.
Speaker 8: Roberts, Well, it's it's exciting. He hasn't pitched in ten days, so I know he's eager to get back out there and make a contribution. I think there's going to be some intensity, some I think he's going to raise the level of energy for our ball club. I think that's great, and it's going to be good stuff. It's going to be good fastball, good slider and change up in there, and he's going to go out there and compete. So I feel like we're going to feed off of what he brings to us tonight.
Speaker 9: There's obviously familiarity, whether it's been like for the Cardinals facing the Dodgers, things like that, being a hometown kid. But what are you learning from him just with this outing and what are you kind of looking to see in regard to that side of kind of understanding managing him.
Speaker 8: I think you know any player as I've been traded myself, and you want to be able to contribute. And so he's been here for a handful of days and he's getting the lay of the land through a side. But I think now's the final piece he's excited to be a Dodger, is to be able to kind of participate with his new teammates and so then he can really feel like he's a part of things. So I think he's just kind of been holding as long as he could and there's a lot of energy and excite man. That's uh. Waiting to be unleashed tonight.
Speaker 2: All right, talking about Jack Flerity, he will be wearing number zero for the Dodgers tonight when he's up on the mound making his Dodgers debut. Dave Roberts down the dugout. Brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right. Yeah, he's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too.
Speaker 3: Let's Service tight help you implement it. Learn more at Service Titan dot com.
Speaker 2: When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with David Vesse as we walk you up the first pitch Dodgers NA is from the Coliseum in Opland. I'm Tim Kays's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 2: Law Dodgers and as from the Coliseum and all claim Jack Flerity making his Dodgers debut.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up a six O seven.
Speaker 2: The umpiring crew for tonight's game brought to you by Fred Loyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 3: All right, DV.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers made some trades at the deadline, some new faces, but also getting players back from injury, and it kind of feels like they're gonna start trickling in more and more here in the month of August. How hopeful are they they're gonna start getting these guys back sooner rather than later.
Speaker 5: Well, not only what Dave Roberts said to the media earlier today that you heard, but also talking to Andrew Friedman, who arrived here in Oakland this afternoon. He is very optimistic he's going to get these players back, but he did use a disclaimer to say, I might be stupid for thinking that way because it hasn't come together the way they envisioned it, with all these different injuries and obviously the unfortunate absence of Freddie Freeman. But I heard Dave Roberts mention it. Mookie Betts is expected back on the Dodgers next road trip that will take them from Milwaukee to Saint Louis Freddie Freeman possibly will be back when the Dodgers return home on Monday against the Phillies. So slowly but surely they're starting to get their guys back, and at my understanding talking to Andrew Friedman, Miguel Rojas is on the right track back. So they are going to look more like the lineup they envisioned within the next ten to fourteen days, not only the Dodgers that were already on the roster, but also Tommy Edmund. Andrew Freeman again told me how long he has won it both show Hey Otani and Tommy Edmond on the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: And they got them both.
Speaker 2: Now, Danna's turn by four and if there's one thing we like, it's choices. Find yours with the F one fifty gas hybrid are all electric tough. This mark can only be called f one fifty. Jack Flaherty Day for the Dodgers DV makes his Dodger debut to nine.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And the one thing that I loved about Jack Flaherty, who joined us on the pregame show in San Diego, was he said, I bring edge and I'm a firm believer. The Dodgers need more of that. I know. That's not something you see on the spreadsheet or in the cards that they use to make decisions. But I've said this a few times, Tim, the Dodgers are a very nice team. They need a little bit more edge. They need a little bit they need to be put in more uncomfortable positions as players and not just wait for that cavalry to arrive in the next couple of weeks. So Jack Flaherty brings that same type of edge to the mound in a different way that Tyler Glass now brings. And also Clayton Kershaw has brought his entire Hall of Fame career.
Speaker 2: A little bit more fire in that belly. David appreciate it. We'll be back with you in just a couple of minutes. Dodger fans and hanser listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by our friends in la Care Health Plan serving all Angelino's Lacare dot Org. Coming up here, Dodgers on Deck, we'll hear from Blake trying with dv goes one on one with the Dodger Reliever. TV will be back with Rick Monday. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. But up next you Dodgers. Magical Moment Dodgers an age from the Coliseum in Oakland.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kayson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were.
Speaker 1: Saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on, the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers in Oakland to take on the A's. Dodgers need to get a win, get back on track having lost three in a row. Jack Flaherty makes his Dodgers' debut first pitch, coming up at six oh seven.
Speaker 5: Who wants.
Speaker 1: It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment. It's Magical Magic, presented by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: October sixteenth, nineteen eighty eight. Game two of the nineteen eighty eight World Series, Dodgers Stadium was the scene Dodgers a one zero series lead after the magical home run from Kirk Gibson Game one or Her Seizer got to start in Game two, and he was phenomenal. He went the distance, allowing only three singles all game in a six to nothing Dodgers shutout. The Dodgers got to Storm Davis with a five run third all capped off by Mike Marshall.
Speaker 4: One two, the ball under de blatfield back ghost Parker on the track at the wall, go.
Speaker 1: No ball to strike count. He hits it out.
Speaker 3: Remer I said that he's one of the guys when he's.
Speaker 5: In the crew.
Speaker 3: You got two strikes, you're in the hole.
Speaker 5: But you don't know what he's un to do. He's that time of the hitter, certainly on disciplined, but still very impressive.
Speaker 3: And he just burns the up today.
Speaker 5: Talk about riding an elevator.
Speaker 4: He strikes out in the first running to the Pacemen, go shore.
Speaker 1: The three run home run.
Speaker 2: Vin Scully with the call, Mike Marshall capped off a three run home run a five run third.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers tacked on a running the fourth.
Speaker 2: Oral Hersheiser scattered three hits for the win, a six to nothing Dodger victory over the Oakland A's in Game two of the nineteen eighty eight World Series. As we all know, the Dodgers would win the World Series in five games, clinching on the field at the Oakland Coliseum. This Hofey magical moment brought to a Hofey hot talks a Sokl treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit Hoffey brand dot com to find out where you can purchase Crave Delicious Hoffy Hot Talks. When we continue here, I'm Wrongo.
Speaker 3: Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll check back, you know, Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: We're leading up to first pitch Dodgers and as I'm Sim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Lorono Casino Dodgers on the Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers in Oakland as they continue their three game interleague series against the A's Jack Flaherty makes his Dodgers debut. Dodgers fans, start your future at a California community college. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and yeah, sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Fall classes are starting soon. Classes can fill up quickly too, so enrolled today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bassey, here's LA Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Well, Rick's from Santa Monica, but as you know, I'm from the San Fernando Valley. So today's a big day. Jack Flaherty makes his Dodger debut.
Speaker 6: That doesn't matter which side of the mountain you're on, David Vasse, It's one of those things.
Speaker 3: How about this?
Speaker 6: And then I can share a little bit as far as the feelings because Flarity grew up as a Dodger fan. Little Ricky grew up as a Dodger fan growing up in Santa Monica. And all I can tell you is when I finally got worried that I have been traded at the Dodgers. There are some things that had to be worked out because the Cubs messed up the deal to begin with. I was a ten and five player and they had not asked my approval to make the trade, even though obviously I was going to give my approval.
Speaker 5: But that is it is.
Speaker 6: I know what it was like to go home and finally play, because I did play a game at Dodger Stadium just down of High school with the Dodger rookie team the time of the SWORDA was managing and it was like a cathedral of baseball, if you will. So Jack is not making his Dodger debut at Dodger Stadium, but once he gets there, it's going to be a whole different level. Oh he's been there before, but not with the Dodger uniform on. He's not pitched before with the Dodger uniform on. And I would imagine from a family standpoint, this is quite a knife for him, indeed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I would imagine Rick as a new player no matter where there it is, it might be easier to make your debut with your new team away from the home stadium.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it might be because you can go separation of church estate if you will. You're finding all kinds of emotions, I mean, your learnings. You knew some of the guys to begin with, not all of the guys that are now teammates, and you're going to be spending a great deal of hours and days and now a few months and hopefully postseason play. So yeah, you've broaden your horizons, there's no question about it. Now to be able to channel it a little bit more, and with Flarity coming over from the American League, he's a little bit more familiar with the Oakland A's as far as the hitters.
Speaker 5: And the Dodgers need a good start from Jack Flair.
Speaker 6: Well, the Dodgers not only need a good start from Jack Flaherity. The Dodgers need a bullpen that's going to be throwing much better. You need some offense that's doing a better job. Because this has not been a very good road trip. And you can underline that with as many exclamation marks as you want. They're one in five. Here are the numbers. They've been outscored thirty four to twenty three. They've been out hit fifty nine into thirty seven. They have struck out seventy seven times in those six games. Let me tell you break down on the seventy seven strikeouts. That's twenty five and two thirds innings of nothing.
Speaker 5: This goes back to you pointing it out in Houston, a new franchise record for the most strikeouts in a three game series. And it has not slowed down on this road trip.
Speaker 6: No, I'm beginning to see some signs of it breaking out, but it has to go top to bottom.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 6: It's like Dave Roberts is saying in the postgame show, you show, hey, O, Tony can't do it all. He came up with a big home run last night. He had been struggling in the previous fifteen advanced but he it's a three run home run in the ninth inning, it's a one run loss. They got close, But you can't constantly look at the guy at the top of the vater say okay, look, you got to come in and you've got to hit the two run double. You've got to hit the home run. There's some other guys in the lineup that have to pull the wagon, and right now they're not even getting that wagon to move very much.
Speaker 5: Speaking of Otani, I loved his comments after the game, which showed some leadership from him, saying I could have changed the game in my previous three or four at bats instead of just talking about his three run home run. That sounds like a guy that is accountable.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he's done that I think quite often, maybe in different terms by saying it's not about him, it's about the team and anything that he can do to help the Dodgers get to the next stage. And they need to get to this next stage because right now they have been in a rut. They've seen well, the biggest lead that they've had of the season now dwindled down to four games now in front of the Arizona Diamondbacks. Diamondbacks by the way, have been sneaking up the ladder. They won eight of the last ten, as have the San Diego Padres. The Dodgers are going to get hot now. It's not going to just all of a sudden click of the heels and everything is fine and it's not going to be followed the yellow brick road. They're going to have to make some adjustments. And so far on this road trip there have not been too many of those that being made.
Speaker 5: Well, tonight's a good night to start that with Jack Flaherty made.
Speaker 6: What tonight is to win. Absolutely. We tell it to Dave Roberts when we get to him as off. Hey, Dave, you know what today is?
Speaker 1: No, what's that?
Speaker 6: It's a good day to go out and kick somebody's fanning.
Speaker 5: All right, Rick, we'll see if the Dodgers can do that tonight. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim Kits, all right, thanks a lot, David mass say.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every l A Weekend. Find out more at Speedy Cash dot com or stop in in LA Area Speedy Cash Store.
Speaker 3: Still to come here on Dodgers on deck. We'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Rick will be back with Tim Nevertt right before first pitch with the keys to the game. But up next we go high and tights. We'll play trying it former a now Dodger closer lead. You have to first pitch set for six seven. I'm Tim Kas's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and as from the Coliseum in Oakland. Jack Vlarity and Miss Spence the pitching matchup, we'll deeper to the numbers between them. Coming up, Doctor's Baseball's presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles because they're ranked number one in all of California for pediatric care.
Speaker 3: Find the right doctor at CCHLA dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vass a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment. This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: Well, if there's one man that knows the charm of the Oakland Coliseum, it's current Dodger super reliever and former Oakland a super reliever now with a great blonde mustache, the one and only Blake Trining. Great to be back out here at the Oakland Coliseum with you.
Speaker 10: Thanks man. Yeah, it's good to be back. A lot of memories here.
Speaker 5: You're one of the few people that I would expect to say it's good to be back here. What's the charm of the stadium.
Speaker 10: Well, the charm of the stadium is the people.
Speaker 11: Uh think, anywhere you go in life, you can have all the greatest things, the finest things in life, and as long as I mean, if you don't have good people, and it's it's all fleeting and it's and it sucks.
Speaker 10: So like I mean, this is an old stadium. It has history to it. Yeah you can talk about how old it is and yeah it's old. But you know a lot of a lot of.
Speaker 11: Things people were talking about when we got here is like how how great the playing surface looks. I mean, look at it, It's like it's like a it's honestly like a painting in the outfield. It looks so green and it's thick and there's really I mean, they have nothing else here to worry about. It anymore of a baseball and I mean I'll take it to the grave. I think it's the thickest, best looking playing surface. But the you know, the stadium itself is old. A lot of great people, you know within the halls of this building that I got to know over the years, and some of the coaching staff is still here.
Speaker 10: So a lot of a lot of good people are good memories.
Speaker 5: Sounds like it builds character when you have this stadium, these amenities, but you have the people that care.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, I don't know. I mean I think character is more of an internal process, you know. But yeah, I mean there's some there's some good teams here is you know, winning obviously makes things fun, and some of those pretty much all the talent that was here in the years that I was here about six years ago has gone on other teams now.
Speaker 1: Know.
Speaker 10: When we were all together, we were having a blast, and it.
Speaker 11: Was as a type of baseball that I've never experienced before and haven't experienced since, just like the Dodgers or something I've experienced that's like nothing I've ever experienced, because we won a World Series together. So but I mean we were when I was here, it was you know, a group of guys who were young and impressionable and had phenomenal skill sets. But you know they weren't expected to win, but they've won all the way through the miners together and you know, I got to reap the benefits of the talent on the field. I mean, the defensive play and the offensive output was pretty incredible.
Speaker 5: There's a certain level of mystique around here because obviously they made the movie Moneyball, Billy Bean all that. What is it about playing for them that seems to uncover talent like yourself and others?
Speaker 11: Oh, I think there's a belief system behind their You know, every organization will say they believe I've been fortunate to play in a couple now and you know when I came here, the mo on me was I couldn't get left these out, and they said, we think you can sol go do it and it worked out. So everybody that I think when you have a team in an organization that pulls for you, and.
Speaker 8: You have a very.
Speaker 11: Selfless mindset to just do what's best for the team, at the end of the year, things.
Speaker 10: Work out best for you and your organization.
Speaker 11: So we had a lot of selfless guys on that team, and that's probably why they outperformed.
Speaker 10: What baseball minds would say their capabilities a year or two before him.
Speaker 5: I'm talking to Blake trying in on the field at the Oakland Collissem. He's got a cup of coffee in his left hand and he's got his glove in his right hand.
Speaker 10: Picture, come on, Bob Ross.
Speaker 5: And also you have this brand new anchor man Will Ferrell type of mustache going right now to Blake trying to mustache. What is going on with the mustache she actually has? It looks good on your face.
Speaker 11: Actually, thank you for the beautiful poetry of words we put together there. Uh yeah, it's it's I know it's not an ideal statement for a lot of people. I've handled it a couple of times in my life, and you know, my my family will be away from me for a while, so I have I have the the okaytcha by by default because my wife's not here to actually grow mustache.
Speaker 10: So I'm gonna growing up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So when you kiss the kids, they don't feel the rough and gruff of that facial hair.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean they think it's funny. My kids think it's funny. My wife hates it so but you know it's just it's just inside jokes. We we she doesn't really care for the beard or the mustache. So when she's not around, I've I've got like full rain to let it, Let it do what I want.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll leave good feelings right there. Great to catch up with you and uh.
Speaker 10: Your favorite part of the stadium.
Speaker 5: Well, I am a raider, so I have a lot of great memories of rich Gannon here.
Speaker 10: Everybody has their falls. I'm a rich Gannon fan.
Speaker 11: I was a heartbreak to see him leave the Chiefs and then go in a Super Bowl the following year, So that was tough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, rich Gannon looked a lot better in silver and black. All let's agree to disagree on that.
Speaker 10: Sure, Sure, we won two straight. We'll figure it out. Go Katsiday.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, there he goes my guy Blake trying. And when you see him wearing number forty nine and you see a guy with a blonde mustache coming out of the Dodger bullpen, don't think twice. It is Blake Trining.
Speaker 11: Not to be confused with Evan Phillips. So I got confused with Evan Phillips yesterday with a mustache while he was.
Speaker 10: Warming up on the mountain.
Speaker 5: I was great to catch up with you and great to be with the former A Hey, thanks Dave. There he goes the man Blake trying listening back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, DV. Thank you, Blake Tryning.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game day, it's a group day, shakysmood dot Com or leading. You have to first pitch from the Coliseum in Oakland, Dodgers and A's up next. We'll dive deeper in this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's Dodgers Hey in Oakland taking on the A's Game two of this three game set.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at six o seven.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by your South California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma See your Toyota Dealer today.
Speaker 3: They make it easy.
Speaker 2: Mitch Spence on the Mounts seven and six four to forty seven, twenty six year old rookie right hand or tenth round pick of the Ykes in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: The A selected him first overall in the Rule.
Speaker 2: Five draft this past offseason, so he's on the opening day roster and has to stay with the team all year. Get sent back and he started pitching in relief and he's made a couple of appearances out of the bullpen as well as the late but mostly become a starter. Now ranked second amongst American League rookies with seven wins, innings pitched and tied for third and strikeouts. He began this season again pitching in relief, was three and one of four to twenty six er Ray. He's pitched well last time out six innings, one run, three hits, three strikeouts, gonna win over the Angel Jack Flarity on the mount making his Dodgers' debut at a Harvard Westlake High School via Burbank. First round pick of the Cardinals in twenty fourteen, his major league debut in twenty seventeen. Traded to the Orioles last year, signed a one year deal with the Tigers his past offseason and now a Dodger. Making his nineteen start first with the Dodgers last time out. Six innings, one run, unearned, three hit, six strikeouts and a no decision against the Guardians, facing the A's for the third time in his career, second time this season, zero to two with a ten point ninety seven Eerra Dodgers and A's. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch in Oakland. Keys to the game, our next, I'm Tim Katsi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, Yes's Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack On, the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and A's from the Coliseum in Oakland, gave two of his three game sent Dodgers losers of three in a Rowjack Flarity, Mitch spins the pitching matchup. Dodgers fans and Hans. You're listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio opp and listening in HD. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelina is Lacare dot Org before first pit soil ted back out Rick Monday, Tim never guys.
Speaker 4: Tim, thanks again. It's the Dodger debut of Jack Flaherty. A lot of folks excited to see him. He's out of Harvard Westlake High School. Remember he was drafted thirty fourth overall in twenty fourteen out of high school by the Cardinals and then most recently with the Tigers, and the Dodgers got him at the last minute there at the deadline and now makes his Dodger debut. And the Dodgers with the high hopes for Jack Flerity.
Speaker 6: A couple of things going to be watching. First of all, Flarity throws a lot of strikers, There's no question about that. Does that work in his favor or does it work maybe against him? My point being the last two years, the first pitch that he's thrown to a batter it's a four to sixteen batting average against him. Is maybe too predictable. We'll find out tonight. You think about Flarity his strikeouts, you look at the in Major League Baseball. You know he has the sixth highest strikeout percentage this year when he's on and boy, he can really be on, and when he is, he really presents some problems for hitters.
Speaker 4: So Jack Flerity against Mitch Spence. All the people in the valley rooting for Jack Flaherty tonight in his Dodger debut, and certainly the Dodgers need a jolt in this starting rotation. Flarity hopes to provide it.
Speaker 5: First pitch coming up, Tim.
Speaker 2: All right, first pitch, will we come back? It's the Dodger debut, Jack Flerity. Dodgers need to get on the board early, get some runs, get a win up at the Coliseum in Oakland.
Speaker 3: First pitch, will we come back? And enjoy it.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kates has been Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. I'm the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network