Speaker 1: Ben and Skin Show ninety one point one The Eagle. I love what we have coming up at four o'clock. It's our continuation of our award winning series Around the Beef, the most important beefs and fights of the twenty first century. We'll get back into it right after this.
Speaker 2: It's time to go into the schedule Worburg Machine.
Speaker 3: For those are the audience who don't know, would you guys give a description and tell the Metroplex a little bit about Gina Miller and who she is.
Speaker 2: Gina Miller is. She's a former sports reporter.
Speaker 4: I think she was at WFACBS eleven and she left that and went to go work for FC Dallas and she's basically DFW Sports Media Royalty. She's a class act. Anything she touches turns to gold. FC Dallas is so fortunate to have her, and she's a legend. Yeah, I can't add anything to that. He nailed it.
Speaker 1: She is someone that Ben and I I have worked with and actually look up to.
Speaker 2: She is a beast.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, she's great. But I just wanted to set that up. So we had Gina on the show back in twenty twenty one. And while she's on hold about to come on the show. Were You're also going to hear the voice of our good friend Jeff Cavanaugh on this clip as well, I think.
Speaker 5: And we were talking about something and.
Speaker 3: We were about to bring Gina live on the air, so she's on hold, and usually when you're on hold, you can kind of hear what's going on on the radio station. This is something that happened four years ago.
Speaker 2: Ben need hopes.
Speaker 5: Sorry from the beginning, Man, it's a good setup.
Speaker 2: I don't want to go on now we're good.
Speaker 1: I had too many slow ones in that one, I think for for Ben's taste, I think Ben needed more. But he was very high on the imagined dragons and the last one and imagine dragon, these nuts on your face.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's fair.
Speaker 1: Do we have our special guests introduced? He's one of the classiest, loveliest people in the history of DFW media.
Speaker 2: Is Ben.
Speaker 4: Pause from the content that was happening, and just to remind her, as you're out there celebrating the fourth be careful with fireworks.
Speaker 2: Give me the mic back, go to the corner.
Speaker 1: This guest was finish grounded for the next three minutes of content because joining us now on the Mighty Eagle Hotline is one of our favorite people of all time. We love her and she's here for a very special announcement.
Speaker 2: Everyone give it up for GML. You love you guys more. You have no idea.
Speaker 1: The love is so big, bigger.
Speaker 3: Than the state of Texas.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, so good to hear your voices.
Speaker 5: So she was not about to take the bay and play into that mess.
Speaker 4: I later followed up with her and apologized, and she was unaware of whatever aired. It was like then I made it worse by pointing out something that she did not.
Speaker 2: No, how did you start that?
Speaker 3: Ben?
Speaker 4: Hey, I would like to apologize, well for what well, you know when you jumped on the show and the stuff I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear anything. What were you guys discussing?
Speaker 3: You know, the imagine dragons that walk through the details of the joke. Why it's funny, who were we?
Speaker 1: We weren't retelling the Del Harris story on the air. We're oh yeah, we're where we were. Me and Ben at one time had to do a long apology to Del Harris when he was an assistant coach for the MAVs and he had no idea what we were talking about as we waited fifteen minutes on the apology. He was so confused by old who was it that demanded that apology happen?
Speaker 2: Was it Cuban? It's no, it's Keith Grant. He didn't.
Speaker 1: He just said, you guys need to apologize to a lot of people. Till we started seeking the people out.
Speaker 2: One by one. Yes, and man, we stood there.
Speaker 1: Del Harris was talking to a writer from the LA paper that covered him when he was the coach of Acres, and for fifteen minutes, Del Harris was telling a story about how many cranes there are in China.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean it was insane.
Speaker 1: Me and Ben were like just standing there patiently, like God, I can't believe how terrible the story is that he's telling. And then as soon as it was over, eturning, Hey guys, and we're like, dell, we are so sorry for the bit that we did on the jumbo tron about the referees. Huh, Like he had no idea what we were talking about. Well, I mean, that's great, guys, how have y'all been? He didn't know what. We stood there for fifteen minutes listening to a private college not private, but a personal conversation with him and the LA writer.
Speaker 4: And the last one and imagine dragging these nuts on your face.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's fair.
Speaker 2: Do we have our special guests?
Speaker 1: Everybody said here I introduced one of the classiest, lovingest people in the history of DFW media.
Speaker 2: Has been pause from the content that was happening.
Speaker 4: And just to remind her, as you're out there celebrating the fourth be careful with fireworks.
Speaker 2: Give me the mic back, go to the corner. This guest, Ben is grounded for the next three minutes.
Speaker 5: Okay, listen to this laugh that Ben has before he takes over.
Speaker 1: I introduced one of the classiest, loveliest people in the history of DFW media.
Speaker 2: Is Ben?
Speaker 3: Pause?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was so awkward, just because she's so classy and so awesome, and then there she was adjacent to that bafore.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing that we all should have realized. I mean, she worked with Dale Hanson.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I'm saying. Cool, Yeah, you can just roll with any bunch.
Speaker 5: But there, I thought that was fun. Four years ago that happened.
Speaker 4: The way back machine, all right, Coming up next, it's our Around the Beef series where we're going to go with this fight, Katie, Well, yeah, the ringer.
Speaker 3: Put out the top forty beefs to the last twenty five years. We got to thirty yesterday. Let's keep it going next