Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Can hear the show whenever you'd like to a bunch of stories that we're keeping our eyes on. Of course, the big inauguration day today, the sixtieth presidential inauguration, the forty seventh and forty fifth President Donald Trump and his second inauguration. About six hundred people were in the room in the Capital Rotande itself. About two thousand people said to have been in the overflow room there at the Capitol. And like we said, we know that there's a bunch of executive actions that are expected, more than two hundred executive actions. About fifty of those are believed to be specifically executive orders, which would be legally binding things like border security, domestic energy production, designed to ensure that federal workers are hired based on merit. One of them to simply define two genders men and male and female when it comes to the federal government and definitions.
Speaker 1: Thereof President former President Biden delivering remarks before departing DC earlier. Look at Jill there standing next to him at the podium. In her beautiful purple coat. All she's thinking of is pino noir noir. They're headed to Santa anaz.
Speaker 2: So do they have I'm sure they have, a friend say they'd have wine on the Air Force one, wouldn't they?
Speaker 1: Sure? But it's different when you're sitting at a vineyard. Keani vineyards to be exact, a democratic downer, Okay.
Speaker 2: But you're gonna say you're going to turn down a glass of wine on Air Force one.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that. I'm just saying it's different than sitting at a vineyard. It's true.
Speaker 2: It's probably beautiful day in Santa Oh my gosh, incredible. If none of this means anything to you, Tonight is the National Championship game Notre Dame in Ohio State at Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: That'll be fun question. Yeah there.
Speaker 2: I think it's probably five o'clock. I don't know exactly when kickoff is. The Falcons do fan first pricing, with a soda costing two bucks. It's It's says that fan first prices haven't changed from the usual amounts that the Falcons charged during their home games. So does two bucks. Pratzels and popcorn, two bucks, three bucks for a hot dog, five bucks for a draft beer.
Speaker 1: Nice that I ever heard of that before. I remember being at the Super Bowl and getting a cors Light because I didn't want to be drunk for the game, like I want to. Obviously you wanted that after right, Yes, I know that that would be the outcome. But yeah, and I got a cours Light and it was like five bucks, and I remember thinking, Wow, what a magical place that is. If I bought this Corps light in San Francisco, it'd be twenty five dollars.
Speaker 2: Now, getting in the building is what's going to cost you. The cheapest ticket that's still available for tonight's National Championship game is over seventeen hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Wow, well it's gonna be a It should be a good game. Do you have a preference Notre Dame ouse Date. Yeah, my dad's a huge Notre Dame.
Speaker 2: I could see that. Yeah, and I like Notre Dame. Just I don't know, I say, because of the I don't know the God, because of God.
Speaker 1: Because of God.
Speaker 2: I suppose not that Ohio doesn't have God on its side, But.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Let's just go with God, like you don't want to forget about that.
Speaker 1: I hope they wear their gold helmets. They will, man, they always they always do. They don't. They don't always wear their gold helmets. They do.
Speaker 2: Sometimes they wear the crazy green outfit.
Speaker 1: What okay? They do? Here?
Speaker 2: We are bracing for another potentially destructive windstorm. We now know how dangerous these particularly dangerous situations are that the National Weather Service has put in place. The red flag warning is in effect today until tomorrow night for much of inland southern California, parts of Entia, La Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties.
Speaker 1: Dennis Burns is a fire behavioral analyst. He says this is basically one tick below the January seventh event. Depends, he says, on whether or where the low pressure and high pressure systems that cause the events line up as to the areas that are going to see the largest impact. But you're going to see, of course, the areas that you know, if you live here, usually see the high winds the coasts and the valleys fifty to seventy miles per hour sustained winds wind gus excuse me, gus as high as sixty to one hundred miles per hour in the mountains and foothills. So just looking now, my husband said that the wind was already kicking up at our area. In our area, in the San Gabriel area, I'm just wondering what they the sustained winds are there at this point. There is a red flag warning. It says in my neck of the woods that they're about to be the worst at about noon and then two and three. But in terms of the sustained winds, they say it's only at about ten miles per hour right now. That's not bad with the gusts about twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So we mentioned the red flag warning from ten am this morning to ten pm tomorrow night. Inside of those parameters, this particularly dangerous situation red flag warning goes from noon today until tomorrow morning. So the wider red flag warning is already in effect and will go until tomorrow night, but that particularly dangerous situation warning starts at noon and goes until ten in the morning.
Speaker 1: Wild story you've heard in the news the past couple days about that firefighter in the guy impersonating a firefighter claiming that they worked for the Roaring River Fire Department firetruck and all full size red fire engine with emergency lights guys in a yellow firefighter turnout and claims that he is a firefighter from Oregon. They say now that he was a one time arsonist firebug. As it were, He and his wife both arrested. Well.
Speaker 2: He claimed that they were from Oregon. He presented with the Oregon driver's license, but the fire truck had California plates on it. Now, I don't know if that's and you know, obviously the American flag. That would be the common livery, if you will, for a fire engine like that.
Speaker 1: Apparently the truck that you had been originally used by a fire department up in northern California, had been decommissioned about thirty years ago and auctioned off. It w'd be kind of fun to buy an old fire truck. Yes, it's tool around in for the for what, just to drive across America, live off the land.
Speaker 2: I would think there'd be some requirement that if you're going to buy that an auction, they tell you, okay, just so you know, you can't drive around with this thing painted red and white or with you know, fire markings on it to make people think that you're actually an emergency vehicle.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's just don't present as an emergency vehicle, because this looks like the original paint job on this truck doesn't look like he you know, not like they painted it at all yellow or purple.
Speaker 2: Not clear how long he'd been here, but apparently he went to a holiday in express and said, yeah, I'm a firefighter, so they put him.
Speaker 1: Up in a room. Oh god, well, how gross. People keep asking me about your groin, and I texted you, I think, what's going on with your groin here? I'm hearing about a groin injury? Oh yeah, you said your groin was fine. Did you? Did you publicize some sort of groin injury at some time? Was there ever a groin injury?
Speaker 2: There was never a question. I don't even think I talked with Mark and Marla. I believe it was Wednesday, did Yeah?
Speaker 1: I k anybody on the air here. Well, the thing is they were busy.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to take up time me talking about a vacation spot in Arizona while people were actually still dealing with fire stuff, so we only did one segment. But I don't think it came up then. Honestly, I felt better in terms of soreness. The only thing I felt was was Wednesday evening into Thursday morning or Thursday into Friday. Was probably when it happened was my quads. Because you go from zero to one hundred or in my case, zero to about sixty four.
Speaker 1: Quickly.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of standing around, a lot of standing around baseball, and then all of a sudden, somebody hits a ball at you and you got to move quickly before you hit the ball, and you got to run. So there was a lot of that, and your quads are the first things to feel.
Speaker 1: That, Yeah, how many cramps down you have?
Speaker 2: I don't have any cramps, really, no, I did, and again my knees hips, everything felt great, arm felt great good. But I was more sore yesterday, like last night, than I was all week during the games. And I think part of it has to do with adrenaline. Part of it has to do with them out there doing.
Speaker 1: Part of it is because you were sitting. If you're like those active and then you're sitting whether it's a five hour drive or even a two hour flight, that wreaks havoc on your body. We're not supposed to be sitting like that.
Speaker 2: All there was a pretty funny text chain about people getting off the airplane and not walking asking for wheelchairs to get off theirselves.
Speaker 1: No, it's a real thing. Like I noticed it offter football games. It's like you're walking around, running around, and then all of a sudden you're sitting for hours and then you can't move. You know what we're going to do the rest of the show standing up? Okay, it's fine for your quads. Have you done any of these these you know, these good ones? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we do that every day a couple of times.
Speaker 1: You stretching every day day? You know? At times? Do you know? Have you now? Do we come back? Have you accepted though, the benefits of stretching every day? Yeah? Why would I have not? Why would I not? You don't do that at home? I do?
Speaker 2: I ask my wife? You text her right now? Unprompted, I'm not going to text her first ask how often do I stretch?
Speaker 1: I don't care that much, but I take your word for it. It is inauguration day there. It is President Trump's ball, so to speak. The luncheon is underway of the swearing in has happened in the Capitol Rotunda. Carrie Underwood presenting a spur of the moment, a cappella rendition of America the Beautiful, which was lovely. The music didn't work. She just grabbed the mic and went with it. People join in beautiful moment there. Now all the power brokers are chit chatting at that luncheon there at Statutory Hall. President will be having a rally at the Big Arena there in DC coming up later on as well. He kept it pretty buttoned up during his comments following the swearing in, talked about a return to prominence, the golden era of America as he talked about how the world will respect us again, that he will put America first. Some flurry of executive orders he mentioned, like a national emergency at the southern border, the Gulf of Mexico becoming the Gulf of America, de nally returning to Mount McKinley, things like that, and then went on to Emancipation Hall where he just went off the cuff for.
Speaker 2: Over an hour, a long time, to the point where everybody in the room appeared to be standing the whole time.
Speaker 1: Greg Abbott was the lucky one.
Speaker 2: He got to sit the entire time, and it looked like about fifteen minutes into the speech he had lost his own vice president and the Speaker of the House that they were waiting for the President to just wrap it up. He's right back to where he was just a few years ago. Internationally, Hamas has released three Israeli hostages from captivity in the Gaza Strip. Israel released ninety Palestinian prisoners. This is the first day of that long awaited ceasefire agreement that went into effect. The three Israeli women who were taken hostage by the group back on October seventh of twenty three held in captivity for four one hundred and seventy one days.
Speaker 1: In his first remarks as former president, Joe Biden thanked members of administration. He was at Joint Base Andrews just before taking off for California. He said, Jill and I are forever grateful to you. No president gets to choose the moment they enter history, but they get to choose the team they enter history with, he said, and we chose the best damn team in the world. Big day for damn and hell. JD Van saying hell at least three times in his opening remarks there Emancipation Hall.
Speaker 2: On today, of all days, We'll talk a little bit later more about my injuries, which don't thankfully didn't exist. I was telling you that there were a couple of guys at this baseball fantasy camp. One guy specifically blew his hamstring out on the first day, and that was rough. It was a sort of a practice game where everybody got to play in front of the coaches as before they make their draft. And he pulled up lame about halfway down first base, and it was he went down, and he stayed down for a while. The trainers came. They had wrapped him up with ice and everything, and his only goal was that he wanted to play in a game, in one of the real thinker quotes, real games.
Speaker 1: So it was like an Aaron Rodgers type of a situation, kind of he gets out there, he carries the flag out and just goes down right away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it was bad because he was what I mean, it's super nice guys. He and his brother were there.
Speaker 1: Nice doesn't matter. And the arena of death.
Speaker 2: He had retired on Friday, was his last day working, so this was his gift to himself and his family's gift to Oh that's unfortunate. It's kept a great attitude the whole time. So late Thursday, he gets into the game. All he wants to do is taken at bat. That's all he wants. He just wants taken at bat. And we're at a point where we're pretty shallow on pitchers, so his own coach was pitching to him. So this is George Kantos, reliever for the Giants at one point, is now pitching to his own team and we're playing in the field. Did duck and the first pitch goes up and in and he throws his head back like this to kind of get out of the way the pitch. It wasn't that close, but he throws like this because that's your immediate reaction, grabs his back, immediately grabs his hamster, and then asked to hobble off.
Speaker 1: So he didn't even get one pitch in. So it wasn't a Kirk Gibson moment where he's hobbling up there. It's a triple Yeah. No, I have a quick question, and I didn't notice it. It is MLK Day today. The President was speaking at Emancipation Hall. Did he make any mention of it being MLK Day?
Speaker 2: He did in the in the inaugural speech. Right, he did mention it, but he didn't spend a lot of time on it.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Yeah, I would think that Emancipation Hall, you mention it considering it was built for the slaves that built the capitol, Right.
Speaker 2: But he's completely off script at that point.
Speaker 1: Right, You'll think that was still mention it. Hope, Yeah, ye, hope.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the whole Karen Bass situation. I'm surprised it has endured as much as it has me too.
Speaker 1: Usually people move on, and like I hear John talking about it right where he's like, people move on, I'm not moving on, And I get that, and that's John's brand of special But like usually everybody else moves on even though John doesn't, it seems like everyone's sticking with this, like major media markets are talking about or outlets are talking about her ineptitude with this whole thing. I have a theory. I do want to hear about your theory about Karen Bass. I also want to get to this story coming up at at some point in the show about Disney's haunted mansion. Apparently over the weekend it's refurbishings were revealed, and it seems like they have toned it down a little bit because the scary because of feelings. It gets pretty scary in there. No, no, no, be sure, I'll tell you what happened. They said. It's sad but not scary.
Speaker 2: Weather is going to be a huge headline across the country over the course of the next couple of days. Back down in the South, heavy snow and ice from Texas to the Carolinas. Tonight into Wednesday. Here in California, yet another powerful and potentially damaging Santa Ana windstorm. Extreme fire risk is coming in today and tomorrow. Listen, we've hopefully proven to you and shown you over the last several least couple of weeks now that we are on top of this story, and we will continue to be on top of this story. And if any comes out, you can always let us know what's going on in your neck of the woods. You can leave us a talkback message by just hitting that little microphone button while you listen on the iHeart app and send us information about what's going on. If you want to help, we've been telling you as well about partnering with Dream Center LA. You can go to KFI AM six forty dot com slash donate and figure out how it is that you might be able to help some of those people who have been affected by these wildfires.
Speaker 1: One of the persons who has not been able to escape the wildfire has been Karen Bass. Karen Bass has been raked over the coals for this one. Starting from go. She had the forecast put on her desk that showed dangerous life threatening conditions where the words that were used, at least the words that we saw. This was after she cut the fire department pretty severely got this forecast, made the decision to continue her travel plan to Ghana despite the fact she was told this is going to be really bad. Then the pictures came out of her at the cocktail party in Ghana after evacuation orders were issued to the George w reading to school children after the second plane had hit type images that are not going to go away. The fact that there was not enough water in the hydrants, the reservoir issue, it's all not going away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then the controversy about whether or not she had fired the fire chief because the fire chief came out with some critical comments placing the blame when it comes to lack of readiness on city hall for not fully funding the department the way that the chief thought it should be funded. Now she's been.
Speaker 1: I guess this.
Speaker 2: Article says she's been struggling with perceptions of her leadership. I would just say that there's been There's not a lot of highlights that would come out of Karen Bass's time as mayor so far.
Speaker 1: But she had kind of turned the tide a little. But she was a tough talker. She had kind of come around a little bit. I thought, I'm trying to remember the moment where I felt this, what if it was a disaster, what it was? But she was speaking like a normal person. She exuded strength. I was into it.
Speaker 2: She was making I will say this, she was making more progress on the homelessness issue. Yeah, than we've seen in multiple administrations.
Speaker 1: Preez. So that's what it was. But now Rick Caruso has become kind of the voice of common sense and the guy who kind of stuck with the community. His community was burning to the ground. He was here, he was vocal, he ran to the microphones. He was specific about what the city could have been had done differently. I mean, this was a weather event, a wind event, this was a recipe for disaster from go, but there were some things that could have mitigated the damage that were not done preemptively, and he was one of the first to raise his hands and talk about those in specifics. And you know, she is up in next year twenty six and a lot of people are talking about Rick Crusoe making another run at this thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, so here's my theory. I feel like one of the sentiments that is very common when it comes to politics lately, it's is that the only choice I have is that person or that person. Can't we do better? Can't there be better people who run for whether it's a local office like the mayor of la or the governor or the president, whatever it is. There's a lot of people who have been disenchanted with politics. And it's not new necessarily, but this idea that you're choosing between the lesser of two evils is getting really frustrating. Yeah, and in the event that something happens, the event that something like this happens, whether it's foreseen or unforeseen, this not really unforeseen. I mean the idea that it these fires blasted through the neighborhoods the way that they did was the unforeseen part. But the idea that we would have a damaging, destructive, and potentially deadly wildfire should not surprise anybody. That's where we live. We've covered them for twenty years since you and I have lived in southern California. But there's a sentiment. I think the reason that this is sticking right now is because people are starting to realize they need to be as much a part of the process of choosing the next leader as allowing a party to do so, right, And I think there's a lot of factors that go into that. People look at whoever you want to say that was running against Gavin Newsom the last couple of times, or whether he was going to be recalled. People just they get stuck in these cycles of well, I don't like that guy, or I don't like that lady because of the letter that's behind her name, as opposed to saying we need constant updated change, constant updated philosophy in our government to make this thing continue to succeed.
Speaker 1: To take your theory a step further, it's the pendulum theory, isn't it. People are tired of the establishment, whether it was the establishment of the old white guy Republicans in power, or if it was most recently, the establishment of the people who don't look like that in power that are legislating on feelings and let all the prisoners out and abolish the police, and let's treat people with hugs and tickles and clean needles. And that's not working. People are seeing that, even people in California, which is why George Gascon got booted out. That's why people are rolling back Prop forty seven. The tide is turned in terms of that's not working. It sounded good, it sounded nice. Wouldn't that be a nice world where we just rehabbed people and there were no punishments. That sounds so nice, But then people's homes were broken into and people are now afraid to go to the mall. So tide is turning back to someone like Rick Caruso, someone with law and order and establishment and maybe not somebody who's going to be worried about, for lack of a better term, because it's thrown around the DEI stuff. Right, Get somebody in there that is a businessman that can cut red tape, that can get the building permits to to just be done with. In terms of rebuilding homes after a wildfire, sweepster communities and destroys them. That's the kind of thing people want. They want action, like we talked about two weeks.
Speaker 2: Ago, and listen, I think Karen Bass and Gavin Newsom to a lesser degree, simply because he's at a higher level of government. I think she has the opportunity to turn this around, to do those things that you're talking about, to cut through this red tape, to pour resources into those communities. The thing is, at the beginning, she will constantly have that stain of in the beginning, she was drinking cocktails at a presidential inauguration in Ghana while the evacuation orders were in place. And that is the thing that I think she's gonna have to live down. And I don't know how you do that. I mean, Gavin Newsom in the French laundry, I don't know how that did not tank his candidacy for governor.
Speaker 1: How it'll come back, Well, that it will come back, that it sounds like a bad fashion trend. It'll be back. But what then? Why?
Speaker 2: I mean, if you look at a guy like Rick Crusoe and you say to yourself, he saved the Palisades, that shopping center that he owns in the Palisades and that people say there's like music playing there and it's gross because there's a hold on a second, he was able to do something that other people were unable to do. So does that make him a bad guy? Makes him a rich guy? Clearly?
Speaker 1: How dare you gentrify a shopping center? We want people coming in and looting. We want organized crime rings coming into our shopping center and making you scared to take your kids to the mall to pick up back to school clothes. That's what we prefer. I mean, that's where we went. We went from the La Times ripping Rick Caruso for piping classical music into a shopping centers and the fountains and it being too beautiful, Oh my god, the gentrification. Where's the graffiti? Where are the people robbing people like they are at Fashion Island and gunpoint and with their vehicles? That's what we is, That what we want because y'all did that to us. It's this is a.
Speaker 2: For both Karen Bass and like I said, I think to a lesser extent, but also for Gavin Newsom, this is going to be a thing that is their defining moment. Whatever they plan to do next, politically, how.
Speaker 3: Many times do we say groin? Are we going to say groin?
Speaker 1: Gary's groin?
Speaker 3: Is it okay? Is growing okay?
Speaker 1: I mean groin?
Speaker 3: Happy groin day.
Speaker 1: Well, Gary came back from his adult fantasy baseball camp for the San Francisco Giants. He was that's why we were gone last week. And it's a very cool opportunity where former players are out there. It's beautiful. You're in Arizona. The sun is shining, and you get to play games and you there's camaraderie and all of the good things. While you were gone, I got a few messages about you potentially having a groin injury, which is why I brought it up, and you quickly quashed that and said, no, there was no injury. You did just fine. But I do want to hear your tails.
Speaker 2: I pulled a groin.
Speaker 1: It just wasn't mine. I don't want to hear your tails. I don't want to hear about the weird stuff, but the baseball stuff that sounds that sounds good. Yeah, you did not win the MVP.
Speaker 2: I did not win the MVP. I struck out once my first at bat of the week. I struck out.
Speaker 1: What was the count what was the pitch count.
Speaker 2: It was a full count a couple so you made contact.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, so I the very first it was a forwards k, not a backwards k.
Speaker 2: Correct, But I went I think four for five and the rest of that game or three for five, three the rest of that game. Really a lot of a lot of a lot about bats. I had one double in that game. Nice, And I put the ball in play most of the time. And listen, when you're playing against other advanced players, we'll call it.
Speaker 1: We'll just say advanced players. You mean advanced players or advanced age.
Speaker 2: Age players, is what I mean. Just putting it in play. Something's going to happen. You force them to make the play and they are not, you know, nine hundred and fifty of yeah.
Speaker 1: But the fact that you put it in the thing like that's the win, right, So that's hard to do.
Speaker 2: I literally hit a pop up at one point to the pitcher and not to go after George Kantos again, former pitcher for the Giants. He missed the play. It bounced off his glove and I was on first for the air. It was an infield pop.
Speaker 1: Up and he feel really good. It made me laugh.
Speaker 2: It made everybody laugh. But that's the kind of stuff that was really funny. So I go all week with one strikeout, and again it was the first step out all week. On Friday, we play a championship game. One team was wiping everybody else out. They had a four and one record for the week. So what they did was because all the other teams, many of them were hurt. We only had a certain number of people who were even capable of playing on Friday afternoon for the championship game. So the championship team played against sort of a Frankenstein All star team of the other three teams. So we all got together and fured out who's going to play, and we rotate in and out everything.
Speaker 1: So you got to be on the all star team because you're good.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was left.
Speaker 1: What happened to the other island of misfit toys? They just stand in the stands, some of.
Speaker 2: Them dressed and hung out in the dugout with us and stuff like that. But that well, I had a concussion and went home early. Well like it's a little not my fault, hurt, but I struck out three times in that game.
Speaker 1: Well, you're playing the best team.
Speaker 2: Yes, but the guy who was pitching at first, he just threw it down the mill.
Speaker 1: He wanted people to hit under the ball. Were you behind the ball?
Speaker 2: The last one. The last one was super frustrating because there's there's that one or two guys who take it way too seriously, and this was a guy who was taking away too seriously, and he was pumping it in there somewhere above eighty two eighty three miles an hour, probably according to Rich Murray.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to say a player who.
Speaker 2: Was sitting right on my own plate to know this. So not making excuses.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to say your many excuses. I'm just going to say, maybe if you could humor me, because I did mention it before you left, and this is not and I told you so. It's just I brought this up. Have you gone to the batting cage? Okay, you said to me when I said that, for the last five days, I've been in the case, so that's an excuse. Okay, well all right, yeah, but before you went there, but at the beginning you said that week I did great. But you said to me, yes, you didn't mean to raise my voice. You just did. You said to me I'm not going to be hitting eighty mile per hour balls. These are old men like I don't need to go to the batting cage. I said, okay, well, listen the guy. The the guy starts me off with the ball outside. Okay, I don't swing at it. It was really fish. It was by far the fastest pitch that I'd seen all week. And then you took a pitch.
Speaker 2: No, I took that pitch. That's ball one.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Second pitch comes in a little bit closer. It was over the plate and I fouled off, but I pulled it foul, like I fouled it down the third baseline. I had pretty good contact, but I had pulled it foul. Okay, just at a long, long strike at that point. So then he tries to drop a curveball in, and listen. He had a fine curveball, but I saw it coming from a mile away and it ended up it stayed high, So two in one count.
Speaker 1: He wasn't a sinker.
Speaker 2: Then he bangs me inside for a three in one right, and I knew that I'm just going to choke down on that bat and I'm going to swing out of my shoes because he knows enough that he doesn't want to walk me. I know enough that he's going to try to pitch one past me and it's just going to be all fastball all day.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I swing out of my shoes and I foull it straight back.
Speaker 1: Same thing.
Speaker 2: Now it's three and two, same thing. He pitches me inside. I found two more pitches off. Good battle right, even to the point where the catcher was like, hey, you're fighting pretty good here, and I'm getting mad. I'm thinking this guy, listen, we all have to go to work on Monday. Like this is not This is not the end of the world. This is You've already he had already won the cy Young Award for the camp because of his pitching performance in the week.
Speaker 1: You don't take the foot up, you don't take your foot off the.
Speaker 2: Gas, Gary, I know, listen, trust me. I heard you in my head. I heard you in my head. So two strikes. I choked back up on the bat.
Speaker 3: I'm just there to protect, right, I just got to protect question. Last pitch low outside, I flipped the bat. I'm walking to first and the umpire calls strikes and the dugout went crazy.
Speaker 2: Even they knew that that was not. But then I looked at the clock. We were about five minutes before they'd already said we can't go past two o'clock or whatever.
Speaker 1: And then you look closer at the picture and you're like, is that Patrick mahomes right? Do you use a thirty four ounce bat?
Speaker 2: I use a thirty four inch bat. I honestly don't know how much it weighs. It's not I don't know, huh. But that was some of the bigger guys on the team, or thirty three. They had a lot of thirty three inch bats, and I wasn't You didn't have a.
Speaker 1: Problem coming around on the fastballs.
Speaker 2: Oh I pulled that one down the third base.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's good. That's good. I think you did a great job.
Speaker 2: I need to do better about hitting to the opposite I need to hit to right field it field, Yeah, I need to let that ball travel.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Hey, I'm happy to go to the batting cages next year if you want to what heckle me, No, I'll be there. Taken batting practice too, albeit on the softball machine. Why because I am a girl. There were girls that were playing in there, I know, and I've got bless them. Bless their hearts. I like the bigger balls. I don't know what else to say.
Speaker 2: If you miss any part of our show, make sure you will catch it on the podcast. Go to KFI AM six forty dot com slash Gary and Shanna. We're gonna do all of our trending stories, a recap of where we are when it comes to inauguration Day and all of the events that President Trump is involved with throughout the.
Speaker 1: Days, including Kid Rock hitting on a BBC reporter.
Speaker 2: Oh hey girl, or hey, how would you say that with an accent?
Speaker 1: Just say hey girl, I guess so can you do that in a British accent? I just did? I think there's not enough there for me. There's not enough meat on that bone. Put an accent.
Speaker 2: Gary and Shannon will continue right after this. You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio Lab