Speaker 1: Let's say, good morning. Now do the host of Rich on Tech on KFI. It's KTLA's tech reporter Rich Demiro.
Speaker 2: Morning Rich, Good morning Amy.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I changed my password like you told me to do because of that security breach, and now I'm locked out of Facebook at least they Oh, so here's what happened. I changed it on my computer and it says, okay, you've updated your password.
Speaker 3: Way to go.
Speaker 1: Then when I went to go to the app, it said, oh, you need to do an authentication and it says, go to authentication app and enter a six digit code. I don't have an authentication app, so then I downloaded that. But then it said here, type in a code, and then it wouldn't accept it, and so I'm locked out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got to link the you gotta. You can't just get the code without linking up the app. So on that page it should say somewhere try another way. So if you are not, if you did you ever set up the authentication app? No, okay, So if you didn't set that up, then that means they can text you a code. So typically the authentication app is the most secure way to log into Facebook. That's why they push that, but typically you can also find a little link somewhere that says try another way, and it will text you a code or it will send a code to your email. So that's what you have to look at on or look for on your iPhone or whatever phone you're using to log into this app. So, but the good news is you still have access on your computer, So you could go in on your computer and set up the authentication app if that doesn't work, and then go to your phone and log in. So the good news is you have your password and you're not hacked.
Speaker 2: Okay, so kudos for that.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to do the try another way, need another option? It says to go to account recovery, and then it says it could take days and to submit a photo.
Speaker 2: On your ID. Don't do that part.
Speaker 4: If you're still if you're still logged in on your computer, that means you have access to this account. So I would log out fully on the phone and then try logging back in and see if that helps. But there should be another option to send you a text with that phone number code or I guess a code to your phone number.
Speaker 2: That's why mine works at least.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't want to make it all about me. But that was a new thing where it was like authentication app, what's that? And how come on, I have to do that? And I was just trying to do the responsible thing and change the password.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's frustrating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, let's talk about the stuff that you want to talk about, and one of those things is speaking of iPhones.
Speaker 3: There's new features coming to the iPhone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so new generation of iPhone software is going to be now named by the year. So the next version is going to be called iOS twenty six and I got to go hands on with it yesterday. It's very clear, very transparent, very sort of glassy. They're calling it liquid glass, and the best way to describe it is just everything is like clear. So it's totally different looking and that's going to come out in the fall. Right now, developers are playing with it and then the public can try public beta in July. But new features include a lot of features for the phone app, so the complete redesign. And I know people go nuts over the redesign because it changes everything. But your phone app is now going to combine your recents, your voicemails, and your favorites all on one screen. People are going to either love or hate.
Speaker 2: That they got a new calls. I don't know, it's you know, it's one of those things that has to grow on you. So we'll see. I'm undetermined on that one's yet. Call screening. So if you get an unknown.
Speaker 4: Caller, they basically have to say why they're calling, and that will put a text on your screen that says, hey, this is Jim from the furniture company. They want to deliver your couch, and then you can pick up your phone. That's number two. Then you've got whole assists, so you call an airline, you call your utility company, you get that whole music iPhone will say hey, do you want us to hold for you? And then I'll call you back when the person picks up. And then messages, you know, all those messages. I'm sure you've gotten these, like, hey, we've got a great job for you. It's pays five hundred dollars a day with you doing absolutely nothing work from home.
Speaker 2: And those messages.
Speaker 4: Will now be screened into an unknown senders category so they don't clutter your regular inbox.
Speaker 3: Oh I liked that. Okay, So I have a question about the hold assist.
Speaker 1: So it's saying that it will call you back when somebody like at an American Airlines picks up after you've been on hold, right, But they can do it quick enough that the person at American Airlines isn't going to say, oh, there's nobody there and hang up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. So that's a good, great question.
Speaker 4: So what it's doing is actually it's not hanging up the phone. It's just listening for the hold music to end and then that person picking up. And as soon as the person picks up, they go, hey, hold on, I'm gonna go grab the person that's supposed to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Hang on, hang on, hang on.
Speaker 4: And I think you know, because it's iPhone and everyone's going to know about this feature. The customers service reps will soon get hipped to it and they'll wait. And this has been a feature that's been on Android for like five years now, so it's not like it's a completely new concept. And yes, I've used it before, and the agent typically waits for you to get back on the phone.
Speaker 1: Okay, So and then I want to ask you about this liquid glass thing, cause you're saying that the apps, So the apps are transparent or the phone is transparent.
Speaker 4: Well, the design language is now transparent. So think you know, your your control center, your app icons, like everything can be clear basically, so it's you know, you don't have to have it that way, but that's like the default.
Speaker 3: Oh so it could just.
Speaker 1: Be like like it could be a white just like an overlay that looks like like a frosted glass or something.
Speaker 4: Yes, like everything looks glassy. Like when you lift up the lock screen now it looks like you're lifting up a pane of glass, like almost like opening a window.
Speaker 2: So I mean, it's just like it. They just they took.
Speaker 4: This design language of glass and put it throughout everything, even the app icons, like they all look like stained glass, you know, like all the little like features of the app icons. So I mean, look, is this groundbreaking? Like oh my gosh, I can't believe Apple did this. No, but it's different and people are going to see it, and it's the biggest redesign in ten years. So people are going to see it and say, Okay, I either like this or I don't like it. But the app developers, this is why they show them this at WWDC. They now have to go in and rewrite their whole app to kind of work with this new design language.
Speaker 1: Okay, and that's that's going to be available win later this summer.
Speaker 4: Usually September, so there's a public beta that people can play with in July. I don't recommend you putting that on your main phone. So for the average person, September when the new iPhone's launched, they typically launched the new software, which will be called pop Quiz.
Speaker 2: What was it called.
Speaker 3: It's called iOS twenty six.
Speaker 2: That's right. I love it here listening.
Speaker 1: Yes, because now they're going to do it by the year instead of buy a random number.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, which is you know makes sense?
Speaker 1: I guess okay, And we are out of time, and I wanted to ask you about the Nintendo Switch, so we'll have to talk about it later. But thumbs up, thumbs down, love it, hate it? Oh still undercide.
Speaker 2: I'll just give you one line. I like it.
Speaker 4: It's already the best selling switch for three point five million units in four days.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So yeah, people like it.
Speaker 1: My kids like it, and Nintendo must like it too because they just made a whole boatload of cash.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they've been doing that for thirty years now. They're pretty good at.
Speaker 1: It, all right. Rich Demirou the host of Rich on Tech right here on KFI every Saturday from eleven to two. Of course, you can watch them on KTLA, follow him on Instagram at rich on Tech, and you can get more information about all the techi stuff that he talks about on his website.
Speaker 3: It's rich on tech dot TV.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Rich, thank you, Amy love it.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to play with that new thing, except I do not like the idea of meshing all of the recents in the phone calls and the mess sitches.
Speaker 3: But maybe it'll be great.