Speaker 1: So all John Katz Mattiiti's friends last night, Rabbi Schneier, he spoke Mark Schneier, he was terrific. His neighbors, my dear friend Still and Shirley Podolski. So John wasn't there, He was somewhere else in the Hampton's but he was the topic of conversation because everybody loves him. So do why John Katz Matidi's good morning, boss? How are you?
Speaker 2: Good morning? Good morning? The sun is shining and it's a terrible day to leave to him.
Speaker 1: I know it was gorgeous in Westhampton last night. I'm sure it is even pretty where you were. The good news is you'll be back this weekend. That's the good news. But everybody was talking about your last night. I mean Mark Schneier. I know he's your rabbi and your six percent Jewish. He really loves you, John, Well.
Speaker 2: His dad was. He is one of my best friends for thirty thirty five years. I've been on his board for thirty thirty five years. I now worked. You know Rabbi Schneier. He's ninety six years old and his mind is one hundred and ten percent.
Speaker 1: He's at the Parky Parky's synagogue.
Speaker 2: He's still there, yes, and his daughter is helping him run that operation now. And I know she's going down to Washington to talk about with the deputy. She has a meeting and the Deputy Attorney General based on hate crime on the twenty seventh and twenty eighth. Who wants me to be with her? I'm gonna try. We'll see. And Mark Schneier does a great job in Long Island and the worldwide. He both of them, both daughter and son. Mark Schneier and his daughter, they learned very well from their father and they're doing great jobs.
Speaker 1: They really are. So I've you know, John, I'm not just finally with Bruce Blakeman. He's not just on the show, not just endorsing home. I'm taking a very active role in his campaign. We talk every day, a couple of times a day, my son Gabriel. As you know, John works for Blakeman in his office as an and I really want him to win. So I know you had Kathy Holnkol speak at those great breakfasts, you guys, but on I saw the videos look like a huge event. Julie Mennon was there, and many many other public officials at this big breakfast on Saturday morning. How did it go with the current governor?
Speaker 2: Well, she is the governor, and not only Usually we have the entire back part of the restaurant for about eighty to one hundred people. We had both sides of the restaurant this time, and she had to speak from the middle of the restaurant. Look. And I had warned everybody that was coming the week before, Look, she is the governor. No matter where you like her, you don't like her. You got to be civilized. And we had a lot of important people here. We had people flew up from Palm Beach. The bishop from Palm Beach came up to give a prayer.
Speaker 1: I saw that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the Julie men members there, Like you said, now, the only time I got a little nervous. I mean the Lieutenant Governor, Betsy McCoy. You remember what you did to Governor Patacky when when when Governor of Pattacky was giving his inaugural speech or whatever, she stood up next to him.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Well, five minutes into Governor Hoko speech, Well, Betsy look away gets up and stands four feet away, four feet away from the Governor. I started I started looking at the at the governor's husband and the Tucker Green and.
Speaker 3: Uh and talk Shapiro, and.
Speaker 2: I said, what are we getting ourselves into? Now? I must say everybody was civilized, and Betsy McCoy was civilized.
Speaker 1: Betty McCoy, bet is all about Yeah.
Speaker 2: I argue with everybody, I disagree on different policies, but be civilized to each other.
Speaker 1: I think Betsy McCoy's wanning for governor in Connecticut anyway.
Speaker 2: Right, No, she had to pull out because she there's a technicality in Uh, she pulled out because of a technicality in got it connecticutte But looks she's a smart lady. And but she did the right thing and was very civilized.
Speaker 1: Did Governor Hunkle walk up to you and say, please send my regards to your morning show host?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: You know, you know what I enjoyed this morning. I knew that was the answer. What I enjoyed this morning was I know you're still close with the former Vice president Mike Pence and I played a cut earlier today. Something I've been saying, you know it, John for a long time. There is no such thing anymore as a common sense Democrat. It's a unicorn. It's a cute saying that don't exist. There's one. His name is John Betleman. So I was really happy to see. I'm talking about people serving now, not retired people like Governor David Patterson. So it's nice to see Tom Cotton say that same exact thing with Mark Levin on Saturday night and listening to Mike Pence with you, he kind of said the same thing. He said, Look, Republicans aren't perfect, They're not perfect, but the Democrats have completely lost their minds.
Speaker 2: They have completely lost their minds. And I am so much disappointed in major major people in the Democratic Party endorsing that lunatic in Michigan and that lunatic in Minnesota. That's gonna run.
Speaker 3: And I mean, all we want is common sense, and I think the only way that the Democratic Party is going to learn that is they lose forty nine states.
Speaker 2: Secord did in nineteen eighty five. Remember that, you're too younger.
Speaker 1: No I remember, no, no, no, I was. I was seventeen. It was Ronald Reagan, and I do remember it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'll tell you that. But nobody's well, somebody got up yesterday. I don't know. I didn't read the story. I saw the headlined some tomins sense Democrats put up fifteen million dollars to fight the Democratic Socialist Committee, and the Democratic Socialist Committee is not that big. But guess what they know how to wage war?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Great, point you exactly right.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, they know how to wage war, and they know how to go up to weak Democrats. Looked him in the eye and said, where gonna take you down? Okay, you were you Remember what I did to that guy that tried to pick it my home?
Speaker 1: You were great, You were great.
Speaker 2: I took him a disarm. I helped onto it. I said, make sure they take make sure they take the photograph of us, because the facial recognition equipment will know in five minutes who the hell you really are.
Speaker 1: A You were great that there. I were standing right next to you outside your home when you did that. But you were you were actually very good because you were stern and your point, but you're also very very friendly and you cooled down that temperature. John to your credit, literally in five minutes. I was impressed. I thought I was gonna get a little hectic there, but you did an excellent job, which, by the way, brings me to this one of the things I enjoy most on the station. It's a new feature. I'm not patronizing you. I'm not blowing smoke your way. I really enjoy the Cat's Corner. I really enjoyed a lot. It's great stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, we've put it out and the entire the Salem network is running it countrywide. Uh and we're running it. Uh and uh. You know what the Cat's Corner is saying in one minute or less, common sense And that's where we were trying to put common sense in one minute or less and it's important now. Sick. Whenever you're out in the Hamptons again, we always would love to have you speak at the at the breakfast that we have governors, presidents, vice president side one time or another.
Speaker 1: I'd love to be honored. I'm serious, I would love to do that. I'd be honored to speak at your event. You've got the biggest names in the country. Honestly, I appreciate that. I would love to do that. I will be back in the Hamptons again, maybe even this weekend, maybe even Friday, but I'll talk to you about that in the office later on. John, one more for you. We're only a cup thank you for that invite. I appreciate that. Only a couple of weeks away from nine to eleven, and you know, I've got a couple of really brave men coming up in about forty minutes. Both lost their wives murdered back on nine to eleven. And we have this incredible gallop every year that ABC puts on. It's the highlight of the year. It's always beautiful Chipriani's and this year it so happens it falls on that exact night. I know we're going to honor Governor PATACKI, but tell all the folks out there what it's going to be like nine to eleven with us at the Galla coming up that Friday night.
Speaker 2: Well, we're gonna have the most spectacular gala of the last five years. Over all the people that came the last five years, this gala is going to be even more spectacular. We're celebrating the five years. We're celebrating the leadership of Governor Pataky at that period of time that he helped bring New York back and rebuild all those buildings that are there now, and he had the courage to make sure he put up the state's money to have the world Trade Center rebuilt again, and we're honoring Cardinal Dolan for the last was it sixteen or eighteen years providing moral leadership to our city and our state, and he became a national figure. And religious politics is religious politics, you know, you know he still has the title of cardinal even though he's not in the seat of power. But people love him and and don't forget it is nine to eleven. We have a very many VIP He's going to be in New York that day. I am not allowed, for security reasons to say who else may show up that day?
Speaker 1: Can I take a guess?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Kidding? Nine to eleven, you should be with us. It's gonna be as John just pointed out, And I love Cardinal Dolan. I do no disrespect to Ronald Hicks, but I love Cardinal Dolan. It's gonna be a wonderful night. Go to the website w ABC radio dot com learn more and you can be there. Be there with us, John Tatsmatitis, Me and many many big time people, maybe some very very big time people. John is always amazing job here on this Monday morning, safe trip, Inn. We love you. We'll be listening at five o'clock this afternoon, John, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you, and keep fighting for New York, keep fighting for America, and keep fighting for the world.
Speaker 1: You do too. We're a nice one to punch, John Kotch, Matiti's and Sid Rosenberg, thank you for that, John, John. Every day five o'clock alongside we to Cosby. It's the Cats and Cosby Show and his masterpiece eight am every Sunday morning. Will you a great show? Amazing guest the Cats Round Table.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to Sit in Friends in the Morning. You can hear Sit and Friends in the Morning weekday mornings at six. If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at WABC radio dot com and download the WABC Radio app.
Speaker 2: Hit that subscribe button on.
Speaker 4: All major podcast platforms. Plus follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 2: What the heck is going on here