Speaker 1: Aye Yes, world famous ben at Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle Thanks for Rolling with The six segment is brought to by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen located in Plano. There's only one Andrews in DFW, but it's so good. It was voted best pizzeria in DFW by readers of the Dallas Morning News. What a huge honor for Andrews. And they got a great craft beer selection. There's TVs in there. It's a cool place to hang out. They got great pasta as well. But they've mastered five different types of pizza. Andrews American Pizza Kitchen in Plano, Texas at Preston and Plano Parkway.
Speaker 2: Go and check it out. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: And now it's time for Basis Sweet Day Up Day featuring veteran news anchor kt fun Tweets.
Speaker 1: Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm gonna take it in set of kt fun tweets every now and then the weekday update. We want to put a newsmaker on and that's what we have right now joining us on the Eagle Hotlines. He is a man that is done a lot in this community, in the realm of media and news, and he's got something really cool cooking over at FAA right now. Give it up to our good friend Pete Friedman. Everybody, Hello, Hi.
Speaker 3: Pete, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Guys. How's it going. It's going good.
Speaker 4: We need to talk to you about something that you involved me and Ben in last Thursday night. Me and Ben jumped on something called how to Dallas and we were so impressed with it we decided to tell our listeners about it, and the best way to do it was with you. So why don't you jump in here and explain to everybody what how to Dallas is?
Speaker 3: Sure? So, how to Dallas is a WFA kind of side project that we're working on. It's a community building app. It's kind of like it's like a non toxic next door. The idea is we want to get people together who are trying to discover the city, be it there new to town, or they're just trying to get a better sense of, you know, how to navigate this ever changing market that we live in. And the idea is that they're going to share tits and tricks with each other instead of you know, relying on you know, the shiny Instagram influencers or TikTok influencers, or just going to tell you about, you know, the hot new restaurant or whatever. We want people to use how to Dallas to talk about you know, I just found this great hiking show, this great coffee shop, or you know, I need a new tire because my tire just blew out on Harry Hines. Where can I get a tire where they're not going to rip me off? So it's kind of a crowdsource thing where we want people to get together and really just figure out this wild market together.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, we we're huge fans of Pete Friedman. So anything you're involved in we believe in. We know it's going to be great. And I know you wouldn't have signed off on this if it wasn't going to be great. And so anybody listening to this should be Okay, how to Dallas that's where it's at. So how does somebody how to how to Dallas? What is the best way to explain people how to get on board?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's you know, it's a it's an app, it's also a website you can go to Howdodallas dot com, or you can go to the Apple app Store or the Android app Store and taking how to Dallas take you right there, and then you can just sign up and take part in the conversations that are happening on there right now. If there's a conversation of a bunch of stuff from over the weekend about Saint Patti's Day and where to get green beer and things like that. There's also a collection of great trivia spots from around the area that people were contributing to. So it's just a matter of signing up, downloading it, and then getting in on the conversation. Really just trying to, you know, be part of the conversation with the group. You know, we've got this kind of ir url connections. We're also trying to do some IRL stuff this week. We've got a how to the Happy Hour meet up at a local pizza pub. But if you want to find out where it is, it's tomorrow. If you want to find out where it is and join us and get fifteen percent off your bill for showing your head and have its user come check out the app and join us.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is pretty great, and I like the way you did that. We're going to tell people they're going to have to get involved to do it in person. Off, you can, you can at least tell us what time this happy hour is.
Speaker 3: Right, Sure, it's from five to seven, and I will say it's north of Dallas.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: So that's the other question I was going to ask you. So we're not just doing two one four proper? Are we including eight one seven for Worth? Soalina is like the whole DFW.
Speaker 3: We are so, you know, launch this thing in late November, and we really didn't know we had in our hands, just to be honest, we didn't know who was going to come to it. We didn't know if it was just going to be young people who moved here for their first job at the college or what. And it's just kind of evolved into this beautiful community of people of all ages, all stripes, and all across DFW who're coming together and sharing tips about you know, various regions within our market. Yeah, there's definitely some fort Worth in there. There's definitely a lot of Collin County stuff in there. We've seen some rock Well stuff in there, and it's just a great way for I mean, listen, this is a huge area we lived in. So I don't think it's surprising that people are trying to navigate the entirety of it, and I think it'd be weird for us to exclude that. So we've definitely kind of opened up our thinking when it comes to that, it's beneficial epic for all parties.
Speaker 1: So I've pulled up the how to Dallas app and I see it tomorrow five o'clock Central time, not going to say where it is because I want people to go get Yeah, I'm not going to say it, but it's at a pretty great place.
Speaker 2: That's an exciting spot for that to be.
Speaker 1: So, and then can you go back to see other stuff like we did a We did a one hour conversation with you the other night, and we opened up about a lot of things we've never talked about.
Speaker 2: We talked about the freak quite a bit with you.
Speaker 1: If somebody wants to go back and look at that, is it once it's happened, it's gone, or can they go back and check it out?
Speaker 3: No, So that actually is going to get re uploaded here shortly this evening so people can watch that. You know what, I'll make a promise it'll be ready by five point thirty on the site to go check out the parody of the interview, certainly after the Bend Skins Show has wrapped.
Speaker 2: Okay, very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean we've got some other interviews, like with DJ Sober that we did last month. We do a monthly live interview. Yeah, you can watch them whenever. The goal is to get people to watch them live and interact and ask five questions and things like that, but you can watch them after the fact. And you know, again, we've got these meetups regularly. So we've got this meetup tomorrow. Next week, we're doing a meetup at this kind of new they're calling it like a culture culture sampled platter at this new spot in Exhibition Park in Dallas. We're also got a meetup or happy hour meetup in April is going to be at a local brewery where we're going to be just hanging out playing some board games, but also getting a special private tour of the backroom operations, which you guys know, is a very compelling thing for people who are not involved in the be Able to Fear world.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we do. Man, I like all this.
Speaker 4: It sounds communal, it sounds cool and it sounds like something that is growing. So once again, if you're just now tuning in this, our buddy Pete Friedman from the w FAA k FAA family and they have a brand new interactive app and website, how to Dallas.
Speaker 2: Go download the app, get in on the community.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: And it's kind of one of those things where you're describing it, you can kind of make it what you want to make it.
Speaker 2: Man. You know, it's like add to the conversation.
Speaker 3: If you want to, you know, ad add to the conversation. That's scaring. If you want to lurk. There's a lot of lurkers who are just checking things out. If you want to go to these in person meetups, you know, it's all it's all available. And I think the idea is we're just trying to lower the barrier of entry into Dallas. You know, if you're new here, if you're trying to just discover a new part of the kind of the scene, you know, it can be it can be intimidating to try to put yourself out there, especially you know if you don't have a huge network. So we're trying to be the kind of stepping stool, if you will, for these people to kind of really get involved with the local community.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, Pete, thank you. We love you again. Anything you're involved in we absolutely believe in. It's just like you told us the other day, FA was going down here. You got on board and now you guys are soaring again. You've really turned Delcas around. You're doing great things over there.
Speaker 3: It's true they didn't like the changes, I forget it, but you know they can't. They can't argue the results.
Speaker 2: Uh, dude, you're the goat. We love you. How to Dallas is the app go downloaded.
Speaker 1: Pete Friedman, Thanks for jumping on, man, and let us know when you have future meetups, because we'd like to go and attend and hype them up for you too, of course.
Speaker 3: Well have you guys do it? Thanks for having me on, really appreciate it. And thanks for coming on to how to Dallas last week.
Speaker 2: Awesome. Awesome, we'll catch up with you soon. There he goes the great Pete Friedman. Wow. The bad boy of local media. Yeah, okay, so this is there another bad boy besides him?
Speaker 4: I mean Tim Cisco, I mean who else?
Speaker 2: Tim mcmhon's the bad boy of local sports media.
Speaker 5: Yes, but that's you know, he gets to avoid the tough topics like the war.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, that's what Matt Howardon's for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a lot of there's a lot of guys that you know, Tim Sieska was but now he works.
Speaker 2: Throw into police department to a good guy. Uh, Steve Eager.
Speaker 5: Steve Eager is the yeah boy, Steve Eager never gonna be allowed in a MAVs facility ever. Again.
Speaker 2: He went in on him. I saw that. Jesus dude. Yeah, he was eager to take him down a.
Speaker 5: Little personal for some of us. God, Steve Eager is going ham.
Speaker 2: Eager is just a funny word. It is funny.
Speaker 4: Tonight on the news, Steve Eager and Fred Anxious will deliver all the news.
Speaker 1: Why do you picture someone pantless when you say eager, I don't know, right, Eager eager to jump in there.
Speaker 5: The astronauts have landed, we have splash down. They're in the crew Dragon. They've got a ship called Megan that's over to pick him up, and they're going to be put into this uh ship and then uh they're gonna be flown via helicopter.
Speaker 2: This is this is what's wild.
Speaker 5: You get back from space, you probably don't want to fly again.
Speaker 2: There was a dolphin right there. I'm sorry, no, I think that's a guy's dog. I look at the dolphins.
Speaker 5: See those are dolphins, hungary sharks.
Speaker 2: They landed in shark infested waters.
Speaker 4: You know what that's that's proof that dolphins are from outer space.
Speaker 2: They thought it was.
Speaker 4: Their over their above water ally landing and bringing them home.
Speaker 5: So they said, for these uh, it's it's gonna be tough for them to walk. They're going to be like very because it's just new atmosphere.
Speaker 2: So then the space after them, they're going to be put.
Speaker 5: After they get on the ship that takes them back to land, they're gonna go on a helicopter, uh, from the recovery ship, and then they're gonna be flown to the Johnson Space Center in Houston.
Speaker 2: So they have to.
Speaker 5: So you take a helicopter and then you take a plane, and then scientists and doctors look at your body for a couple of days to make sure you're good. So they can't even just go back and get into the habit. Watch the Netflix. After two and eighty five days they get back to Earth. They may just want to pet, their dogs, see their family. No, they have to take more flights and then be uh. I investigated the doctors do to them. Do they think they have a space virus?
Speaker 2: Well? Did they?
Speaker 5: They have to make sure they're not like sick and stuff. It's very strange, but that's what's I guess what it's like.
Speaker 4: I mean, it feels like they would be the least sick people on the planet. Or are you saying that space station's full of germs?
Speaker 5: Well, okay, so what they were doing I told you I told you earlier that there was a the guy on some of these recovery speedboats there that was spraying the the crew dragon the spacecraft. It was so these toxins that could make a lot of people sick. Were they're putting. They're basically putting out that fire, which was kind of cool seeing like firefighters spray off the pod. It's just floating in the middle of these shark infested waters.
Speaker 2: They're not sharks, they're dolphins. And I'm highly distracted by the well, sweetest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Sharks disguised as dolphins because they're smart sharks.
Speaker 2: You think dolphins are sweet all that thing. They're cute Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: What that one.
Speaker 2: I think they're trying to harpoon those sharks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, abstracted the guys in the recovery boats got distracted by the dolphins and sharks, Like, I don't know, they leave them out there.
Speaker 2: What the hell am I looking at? Okay? Those maybe sharks. This is insane footage.
Speaker 5: Like I posted a video on the ninety seven one the Eagle TikTok and Instagram. You can go follow that that shows our live reaction to them getting back into the atmosphere. Atmosphere and finding towards the ocean.
Speaker 2: There's something to these dolphins being so interested in this. It's a lot, right, It's awesome, dude. They're everywhere happening, right are they just bored all day? And then something into their water and they're they're stoked. We'll look at where they are. They're in the middle of nowhere, right Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And all of a sudden, a giant half tile and all popped in the water and they got to go see what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the story.
Speaker 5: Remember those orcas that were basically taking down those ships.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like these fish are pretty smart. Yea, yep, that's good.
Speaker 1: That's a that's good for the end of the Show's Fisher pretty smarty.
Speaker 5: This is a report of the live blog. A pot of curious dolphins is swimming around the spaceship.
Speaker 2: Christine was right, Yep they are dophins. Sorry, there you have it. There it is.
Speaker 1: There's a weekly weekday update. Don't forget to go download the how to Dallas app. It's an app, It's in the app store. How to Dallas?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next, it's National Awkward Moment Day. We'll celebrate some of the most awkward moments.
Speaker 2: Next