Speaker 1: You are about to listen to the Doctor Dahlia Show, sassy stimulating talk radio and now here's Doctor Dahlia.
Speaker 2: Doctor, Doctor, tell me.
Speaker 1: True I'm supposed to do?
Speaker 2: Doctor Doctor? Will it be okay?
Speaker 3: Got the cast that makes me Doctor?
Speaker 2: You've got me right off the doctor.
Speaker 4: Welcome back, everybody. Hope you're having a wonderful summer.
Speaker 2: Thank you all for tuning in.
Speaker 4: Sadly, this cyclospora outbreak is not over, and in fact, it looks like it's already taken some lives. The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services has announced this week that two people within Michigan with significant underlying health conditions have died in connection with the outbreak of the intestinal illness cyclistriasis caused by thespora parasite.
Speaker 2: According to the Department of Health.
Speaker 4: They said the two deaths have been identified as part of the cyclosporiasis outbreak affecting Michigan. Now, Michigan has been the state with I believe the most cases. We can't say it's ground zero because there's multiple outbreaks going on right now with cyclospora. One link was iceberg lettuce, but cyclospora happens every year. During this time of year because the parasite likes the nooks and crannies of berries and the little crevices and lettuce, and the surface area of shredded lettuce is much more than a single piece when you have those little pieces.
Speaker 2: So we usually see cyclospora.
Speaker 4: Outbreaks every year, but the degree of this one is a lot larger. I believe there's been over eleven two hundred and thirty four cases in Michigan alone. Ohio has about four thousand cases now. Hospitalizations are still up. Even though cyclosporiass is generally not a life threatening illness, death could still happen if you're vulnerable, and cyclospora has now been found in at least forty five states.
Speaker 2: I think we've been a.
Speaker 4: Little slow to get that data because many people have been calling telemedicine companies and getting treated and not tested. Most telemedicine companies say you gotta get tested. The CDC needs to know the case count. But other people are saying, oh, I need an antabotic, so they're asking for it. They're looking up the antabotics on CHANGINGTP. Then they're calling up with something different, getting that antabotic and self treating. So I think you know, I wouldn't be surprised if there were cases in all states.
Speaker 2: It's just we might not know about it.
Speaker 4: But as of Monday, so a couple of days ago, there's been eleven and thirty four cases of cyclosparias is reported in Michigan alone, four thousand in Ohio, and in terms of other states, the numbers are coming in. So you know, why, why would somebody die from this parasite?
Speaker 2: Well, your.
Speaker 4: Body is very, very smart, and we've talked about why diarrhea happens. When your body detects something that shouldn't be whether it's a virus, whether it's a bacteria, whether it's a parasite, it will draw fluid from the intestine. Because the intestine knows how to suck up fluid. We could also draw from it to flesh it out, and so the body will try its hardest, and since you get cyclospora from fecal oral route, you ingest it. The body feels that it's going to take hold in the intestine and then it'll flesh it out. The problem is is the immune response that could follow if the body doesn't know that it flushed it all out, or it still thinks it's there or now it's you know, opened up Pandora's box. You could continue fleshing and fleshing and get extremely dehydrated. If you lose your fluids, now that can cause other end organ damage. We need to get a little bit more data as to how these people died.
Speaker 2: Did they die because they lost so much electrolytes? I apologize like electrolytes.
Speaker 4: When you do have diarrhea, not only do you lose water, but you lose your potassium and magnesium and other salts. If you lose too much of your salts, that can then cause you to have admirable heart rhythms.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: If you can't eat now you have malnourishment, you're not metabolizing your medications correctly.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot of.
Speaker 4: Different things that could happen to somebody who has a horrible intestinal illness, and I've seen people really crump and get extremely extremely sick. Cyclospora or cyclosporiasis usually doesn't kill, but it has that potential.
Speaker 2: The problem is is here we are months into this.
Speaker 4: Outbreak, having over eleven thousand cases in one state alone. We don't have the average person getting tested. We don't know the numbers I think it is a lot bigger. And it's interesting because I drive by Taco Bells and other Mexican restaurants and fast food and you don't see the drive through line as busy as you see the McDonald's and the innt out.
Speaker 2: I think people are starting to panic. And you know, I've.
Speaker 4: Always told you guys, the the fast food places or these convenient food places that try to sell fresh ingredients and vegetables often are the ones behind the eight ball as it relates to infectious disease and food born illness. Like that's why you heard a lot about Chipotle in the news before COVID. Now they've really stepped things up and you don't hear a lot of.
Speaker 2: Food born illness.
Speaker 4: But remember Chipotle was in the news almost every week and and I don't know what it was ever found with that, but because they used fresh ingredients, there was a lot of questions as to well, wait a second, you know, how do we know these fresh ingredients are not carrying bacterian parasites, whereas places like McDonald's and in and out, You know, if they're not using a.
Speaker 2: Lot of fresh ingredients, they could be.
Speaker 4: But you know, if a lot of their You know your quarter pound or with cheese has the slivered onions.
Speaker 2: Onions could still you have you know, a bacteria and parasites on them.
Speaker 4: But if they aren't having the shredded lettuce on those, you might not hear as many issues.
Speaker 2: The Big Mac I think has shredded lettuce. So these other fans food places do. But it depends on on their quality assurance.
Speaker 4: It depends on how they address their their their food borne pathogens, their hand washing.
Speaker 2: Et cetera. So any place.
Speaker 4: The point I'm trying to make is any of these locations could could you know, serve a as a as a potential source even your own home cooked food.
Speaker 2: This is why we have you watch your vegetables.
Speaker 4: You know all sometimes buy pre washed broccoli, pre washed spinach.
Speaker 2: You should still wash that. How do you know it was washed thoroughly?
Speaker 4: How do you know something didn't get into the vacuum seal bag wash it or it's not I mean it's not sterile, So I would I would be a lot more diligent with that.
Speaker 2: Many of you are very very frustrated.
Speaker 4: You're having diarrhea, so you're calling up to telemedicine companies. They won't treat you over the phone again for us to diagnose you with a parasite versus nora virus versus E coli versus travelers diarrhea.
Speaker 2: It's difficult because.
Speaker 4: They really need to know the numbers in the cases and tell amedicine. Even though it's helping people get access, it is kind of interfering with the epidemiological studies that need to be done, and so you would have to call your doctor or go to an urgent care to get tested.
Speaker 2: Don't let this diarrhea go.
Speaker 4: I know a lot of people are like, Oh, I'm losing weight, this is wonderful, I'm feeling great.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't I wouldn't have that attitude towards this. It's dangerous now that we.
Speaker 4: Know it's causing hospitalizations, can kill people. And yeah, I'm really worried that people are going to undernourish and stay away from vegetables completely. Just wash for vegetables and be careful eating out one eight seven seven doct dollar, don't go.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 5: Have you ever thought you'd like to buy and sell houses but didn't know how or where to get the money. My name is Ron Legrand, and over the past forty years I've bought over three thousand houses without using my money or credit, and taught thousands to do the same. Today, even in a virtual environment, we buy nice houses and nice neighborhoods using no banks, realtors, contractors, or other costly entanglements, and build huge cash flow and wealth without the hassle of tenants, all without credit and little or no money. You don't need a license or experience, and I'll show you exactly how it's done. Text free to ninety nine seven ninety nine and I'll send you my free training. I promise you I'll change the way you think about real estate and open the door to a new lifestyle that doesn't involve risk or rehabs and can quickly replace your current income. Text free to ninety nine seven ninety nine and let me show you how to take your life back and build cash flow and wealth from your home. That's free to ninety nine seven ninety nine. Again free to ninety nine seven ninety nine.
Speaker 6: Hi, it's Mark Falter, hosts of the Financial Fitness Show. I strongly believe that no one should ever pay one penny more in taxes than they are legally obligated. Unfortunately, for most hard working Americans, this just isn't the case. Why because most people spend more time planning next weekends getaway than trying to ensure they're going to pay less than taxes. My financial fitness team has put together some materials that I know are going to help you. It's the Tax Savings Kit. Tax Savings Kit includes three things, free tax analysis, top ten ways to pay less than taxes, and an investor's guide to taxes. Now, how do you get it? Simple? Eight six six seven six four six three five and eight sixty six seven six four two six three five. I'm Mark Falter. This is financial fitness making personal finance profitable.
Speaker 2: Thank you all for tuning in.
Speaker 4: One eight seven seven Dot Dolly one eight seven seven d O C D A l I. Big thanks to Talking Media Network for making the show happen. Big thanks to Daniel, our producer, and big thanks to you all for tuning in.
Speaker 2: We really do appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Don't forget to follow us on Twitter or exit Doctor DOLLI, Facebook, The Doctor Dolly Show, and on YouTube, click like and subscribe. So some of you probably saw this article saying one session, just a single session of brisk walking per week, could shed just as much much fat as three weekly workouts. And I'm sure many people are looking at that going great. I don't have to do the one hundred and fifty minutes a week that's being recommended, and I could just work out once I did a lot of housework on the weekend.
Speaker 2: I'm good. No you're not. But I'll tell you what this study said. The scientist from the University of Hong Kong looked at.
Speaker 4: Specifically interval walking, which a workout that involves very fast walking interspersed with short periods of rest where you go fast and you stop, and you go fast and you stop. And they did a four month trial, according to Daily Mail, looking at three hundred and fifteen adults with abdominal obesity, and the abdominal obesity is the dangerous type of fat. We call it visceral fat, where it surrounds the stomach and abdomen, and visceral fat harms our health more than fat on our arms and legs, because it surrounds vital organs.
Speaker 2: Raises a risk of heart disease, diabetes, other major illnesses.
Speaker 4: Having that big wayte having the fatty deposits around your major organs not good.
Speaker 2: So in the study.
Speaker 4: The participants were assigned to one of three groups. One group completed a seventy five minute session of walking interval training a week for the study period. Another group split that seventy five minute session into three workouts across the week. Another acted as a control group and did no exercise at all. The researchers measured the body fat using a bone density scan, which gives an accurate measurement of fat.
Speaker 2: To muscle ratio.
Speaker 4: The scientists measured total body fat mass, body fat percentage, and waste or comforts three times before participants started the study, immediately afterwards, and then again four months.
Speaker 2: After it ended.
Speaker 4: And then the study was published in the journal Nature Communications, and it found that at the sixteen week assessment, both of those groups that were doing the interval training showed similar improvement. So it suggested that total exercise volume may matter more than how that exercise is spread across the week.
Speaker 2: There were no significant change is in blood pressure or cholesterol.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, so the authors think that maybe it's because the participants level was already fairly normal at the start. Now, the waistline reductions persisted for at least four months after the exercise program ended. Although the fat loss and weight loss advantages faded by that point, so the researchers concluded that once weekly interval training may be feasible and effective alternative for people who struggle to fit multiple exercise sessions into their schedules. You know, really, people, you can't fit in exercise every day.
Speaker 2: The day is long, and I get.
Speaker 4: I worked a lot, and I worked in hospitals, and I took the stairs then instead of the elevator, I wouldn't take the shortcut to the room and walk around.
Speaker 2: I would on my break walk.
Speaker 4: You know, there's ways to increase your steps and increase your activity. Professor Paco su Ming Phi, the studies lead researcher at the University of Hong Kong, said, while thrice weekly interval training remains a commonly recommended approach for the therapeutic management of obesity, our finding show that once weekly interval training offers similar benefits and represents a practical exercise strategy. They see for many adults with central obesity who struggle to balance work, study, family, and other commitments, time constraints are a primary barrier to exercising multiple times per week.
Speaker 2: You know, there's been studies looking at you only need ten minutes. Just try and get ten minutes in, you know, switching subjects here breastfeeding. There's a lot of women that say, I can't do it. I'm gonna have to be back at work. I can't breastfeed. You know.
Speaker 4: I only got two weeks off with my first child and three days off with the second. I still did the breastfeeding and the pumping. Now I made less milk, but as long as I could get the baby Samana bodies, every little bit counts.
Speaker 2: And what I've done in.
Speaker 4: My life is had that attitude every little bit counts.
Speaker 2: Now. Am I have my ideal weight? Absolutely not. And I really need to be in the gym longer, and I do need to exercise more. But I do exercise a lot a lot.
Speaker 4: I'm hiking, I'm walking, I'm working out, I'm treadmillon, I'm lifting weights. But genetics doesn't seem to be as with me. My metabolism isn't with me like it used to be. But I've always worked out even when I was on bed rest, and I was put on bed rest when I was pregnant, I still worked out in bed. I mean, I just always moved because I knew if I don't keep my muscles up, my metabolism will go down.
Speaker 2: I need to build my muscle. I need to keep my muscle up.
Speaker 4: I need to keep moving, and so we need to find ways to move. Have one of those little cycles underneath your desk where while you're working you could cycle. But these studies saying you know you could get away with just one workout a week, that's I think too little, because your body needs exercise. Your body was never designed to sit in the cave as a caveman for twenty four hours. Your body was designed to hunt, gather, get up to go to the bathroom, chase the kid, go and fish, climb the tree, grab the fruit. You were designed to move, and those who don't move don't do well.
Speaker 2: So to think that you could.
Speaker 4: Do that six days a week and only one day move, no, that's not healthy.
Speaker 2: And that's why I don't really like these studies. Now, I get what they're saying.
Speaker 4: If you're only fitting in one workout on the weekend, that's gonna still be worth something, and.
Speaker 2: I credit them for that. Let's say your friend says.
Speaker 4: Look, I want you to come out and play pickleball on Saturday and you go and you play pickleball for an hour or two. That's gonna be a good workout. Don't break any bones because people are breaking bones now playing pickaball, But that's gonna be a good workout. But that doesn't mean you get to them. Blow off exercise the rest of the week. But what this does tell you is try to do some activity on the weekend if that's your time off. Walk the dogs, you know, do more housework, you know, go and check on the neighbors. Don't drive up to your mailbox. There's a lot of things you could do to stay active. When it comes to laundry. Let's say you have a laundry room. You know, maybe rather than trying to carry everything and everything fall on the ground as you're going back to your apartment or going back to where the laundry goes, why don't you go piece by piece add find little ways to add extra moves. You want to walk over to the kitchen to bring your plate and your fork and your spoon. Bring your fork, then go back, bring your plate, go back, bring your cup.
Speaker 2: Put some music on and dance to the music.
Speaker 4: If there's a commercial or an ad break while watching a movie, get up and walk back and forth in your room. We talk about pedometer readings and how the ten thousand steps was a marketing strategy back in the sixties during the the I believe the Tokyo Olympics by a company that wanted to sell panometers saying you need ten thousand steps. It wasn't scientifically sound, but I love that number. Ten thousand steps. Ten thousand steps is not hard to do. Make yourself that goal. And if you're getting ready to go to bed and you're only at eighty five hundred, it only takes a few minutes to get those extra fifteen hundred steps walk back and forth. If you think that's gonna rev you up, then make sure the next day you're doing your steps in the morning so you could feel confident that you could go to sleep. You know, it's it's it kills me that we're trying to find shortcuts to doing something that.
Speaker 2: Our body needs.
Speaker 4: We're driving, we're taking buses, we're we're parking right up to the door of where we work, or we're parking in our garage, your car portal.
Speaker 2: Right next to our apartment. You know, we I was just in New.
Speaker 4: York twice, actually and boy are people more slender there. Why because they're walking everywhere, they're biking everywhere. But for those of us who live more rural or suburban, we're dry everywhere.
Speaker 2: We're not exercising.
Speaker 4: The only way we're gonna lose weight or keep our weight down is not eating crap that effects and changes our metabolism, eating smaller portions, eating healthier, clean, single ingredient foods, and moving more. These GLP ones, they're only temporary, making people not think of food noise. I watch that rebel.
Speaker 2: I think her name is what Rebel Wilson.
Speaker 4: She's losing weight, she's doing I think ROW or one of these online h GLP one.
Speaker 2: Sort of things.
Speaker 4: And you see her riding a bike and someone's offering her rocky road. They're offering her food and and she's able.
Speaker 2: To deal with the food noise.
Speaker 4: I think those medications work really really well with that until your body gets used to it. You're gonna have to come up with then a plan when these GLP one stop working, and for everybody I think, I think it happens or you can't afford it anymore because there's too expensive, even at five hundred a month, So build that muscle. Keep exercising, and I love that she's exercising, and she's talking about making good food choices because you can't.
Speaker 2: Just rely on the shot.
Speaker 4: You can't just rely on exercising once a day.
Speaker 2: My problem with.
Speaker 4: Exercising is I want a roller skate, I want a bike ride, and I'm falling.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't want to break anything. Pickleball.
Speaker 4: You know, my husband almost broke a bone play pickle ball. So you're gonna have to find exercise that you could do with longevity. And that's why I like walking, especially the brisk walking one eight seven seven doct dollar.
Speaker 3: You oh go away.
Speaker 7: Looking for a gift that can actually help secure someone's future. It's Mark Falter's new book, Common Sense Income Strategies. It makes the perfect gift for that special someone in your life. Mark has helped thousands of hard working Americans secure their financial future by using time tested strategies that continue to create wealth whether the market is up or down, Strategies that will make perfect sense once you take the time to read this powerful book, Common Sense Income Strategies brings to you what Mark has been teaching in person and talking about on the radio for decades. You've worked too long and too hard not to see the fruits of your labor. To learn how to receive your free copy, call eight six six seven six four two six three five. That's eight six six seven sixty four two six three five. Secure your future with common sense income strategies by Mark Falter again. To learn how to receive your free copy, call eight six six seven sixty four two six three five. That's eight six six seven sixty four.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the.
Speaker 4: Doctor Dolli Show one eight seven seven dot Dolli one eight seven seventy O C D A L I C. You can't make this stuff up. So in New York City, you know how they want to do those government run grocery stores where they're going to be providing staples of food at thirty percent off. Other options at the store may be still regular price, but they want eggs and fruit and meat and fish and cheese milk to.
Speaker 2: Be thirty percent off. YEA, well, that's great. It sounds beautiful, full sounds.
Speaker 4: You know, all these socialist ideas seem to make people salivate, going.
Speaker 2: Oh, look at all these goodies, look at all.
Speaker 4: These you know, uh, you know, free healthcare and free bus rides and student loans being written off.
Speaker 2: They make it all sound good until.
Speaker 4: You start to look at the practicality of it. So then questions come up, going, okay, so you have these stores where everything's thirty percent off, and we've had in the history books, some of these stores never have enough supply because somebody buys out the cheaper stuff, either resells it or stocks up on it.
Speaker 2: So excuse me.
Speaker 4: When Mamdani mayor Mamdannie New York was asked about that, how.
Speaker 2: Are you going to ensure that the people who this is for is going to be able to take advantage of it?
Speaker 4: Well, that's going to involve some sort of ID. Now this is coming from the same group of individuals who are.
Speaker 2: Anti voter ID. It's it's just ridiculous. It's the hypocrisy man. So New York.
Speaker 4: City mayors Ara Momdami earlier this week said what they're going to use as a quote library card esque system to be employed to prevent abuse at these markets. You see, this is an example of promising without looking at the ramifications and understanding the.
Speaker 2: Infrastructure of it.
Speaker 4: So a reporter asked about how are they going to prevent bulk purchases of groceries at the artificial discount from being resold at MSRP or higher. According to Fox News, So the mayor responded that the government.
Speaker 2: Grocery request for proposal.
Speaker 4: Makes clear that this is a program for New Yorkers to be able to put food on the table, not a program for people to be able to make a quick buck through reselling.
Speaker 2: And then he pass it over to his EDC head.
Speaker 4: Jenny Pack, to add additional details. So then she said, we are looking to make sure that we target New Yorkers, whether it be a sort of library card esque thing, and also we manage who's buying and that is focused on everyday New Yorkers, she said, So we are mindful of that, and so we're going to make sure that we have all the things in place to ensure that does not happen. Well, if that's the case, that would mean some sort of ID When asked about the parent divergence, according to Fox News, between Pack's response referencing a possible ID card system and opposition to voter ID, a Mandami spokesperson said it was an apples to orange contrast. They said, comparisons to voter ID laws or the save Act simply do not apply. This is not an identification system, nor is it a mechanism to verify who someone is, where they live, or how much they earn, even though they just docked close to a million apartment owners.
Speaker 2: For that Pettitteer tax.
Speaker 4: So, according to Mondonnie spokesperson, they said, it is a practical inventory management tool.
Speaker 2: To ensure affordability.
Speaker 4: Groceries remain available for the people who need them instead of being cleared.
Speaker 2: Off shelves for resale, they say.
Speaker 4: The spokesperson pointed to the mayor's comments specifically regarding book buying concerns, saying that the premise of the reporter's question not whether people from Pennsylvania, New Jersey or upstate New York will be able to shop at the subsidized outlets. So they said, to be absolutely clear, New York City grocery stores will be open to everyone. There will be no system to verify identity, residency, or income, and no one will be asked to show ID to shop.
Speaker 2: Well, then, then.
Speaker 4: How are you ensuring you're helping the individuals who need the help? Okay, we have seen people take advantage of discounts, and I mean somebody could.
Speaker 2: Very easily drive to that burrow, jump out of the car, say ride.
Speaker 4: Around the block a couple of times, go and get their groceries come out. I mean, are they going to limit how much milk you could buy? How are they going to you know, the whole purpose of this is to help the very New Yorkers who need the need the financial assistance. Unless that's really what they don't want to do. Is it that they want to make all these promises this DSA group and say look, we made good on.
Speaker 2: It, whether it works or.
Speaker 4: Not, and say, yes, it is helping people. People are getting cheaper groceries. Well yeah, is it the people who need the cheaper groceries or is it the people.
Speaker 2: Taking advantage they don't?
Speaker 4: They might not have to worry about that. They in their mind might be, look, we just have to make the grocery stores, get them rolled out as quickly as possible, show that they're giving thirty percent off discounts, and then we could say we're in the clear. And that's not the way you govern. So instead of the ID, what they might do is something like a customer card, similar to loyalty programs that other grocers like Shoprid or food Lion or weice. So the customer card would be designed by the private operator of the city run store to help manage supply, prevent people from buying large quantities of discounted staples for resale, and is strictly intended to make sure the savings reach families putting food on the table. Yeah, but don't you need for a customer card? Don't you need ID? So this is this is it's this is ludicrous and listen, listen. I want people to get as I've been a big fan of the Wick program where if somebody needs milk or fish or staples, they could go into the store, show their Wick card and actually get the milk, actually get the food. I love the idea of individuals and families who don't have the funds to feed their family to actually get the food to feed their family. I support that entirely. Hypocrisy is ridiculous. And so the DSA has put themselves into.
Speaker 2: A corner where where.
Speaker 4: You know, if they're so anti voter ID, then you know, how are they you know, identifying who gets to you know, you know, take advantage of all the goodies they want to give. Now, when it comes to the city buses, it's just gonna be whoever wants to ride the bus can ride it for free. So they're they're going to try to get away from the id that way. But what's happening when then with the city buses, well, people who need, you know, a warm area to sleep or need to be in the cool homeless people are going to be sleeping and living on the buses and this is something that we have found in the past happened. So then the average person is not going to be able to use the bus for commutes. So it's it's what they want to do and what they claim they can do. Uh in theory is not very practical. Uh. And then the bodegas and the small business grocery stores, they're going to be hurting as a result of these How are they going to compete with a local borough grocery store that's selling food at thirty percent less? Now, we all believe that the supply is going to run low where they're not going to be able to have enough stock, So somebody next to one of these stores will probably do well because somebody is going to go in want to get their thirty percent off milk or thirty percent off meat, it's going to be gone. Somebody will have already bought it up, so they're going to have to go to the store next to them.
Speaker 2: Or the bodega to go and get the food they need.
Speaker 4: So most likely, you know, I think, you know, if the stores are run as poorly as they have before, the the you know, the the I think the small business owners, especially since there's only five of these stores that are going to be in the whole entire city of New York City, I think small business will do okay in the long run.
Speaker 2: If this grows, they could get killed. They could just.
Speaker 4: Completely get get priced out of the market. And and you know, when the Democratic Socialists are all about going after the rim, which who's protecting then the small business owner that's trying to make a living and has very high overhead and you know, minimum profit, you know, selling basic food and groceries.
Speaker 2: So it's going to be interesting to see what they do, you.
Speaker 4: Know, I mean, it's it's a joke, what what what what the DSA wants to do?
Speaker 2: And and and.
Speaker 4: It's it doesn't look like they thought things through.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad the reporters are challenging them on it. You know, I want people to get the food they need. I want people to get the nutrition they need. But you can't be hypocritical when it comes to ID one eight seven seven dot dollar Doctor Dahlia.
Speaker 4: Here, are you tired, burned out, gaining weight, succumbing to the daily pressures of life?
Speaker 8: Well, how's your dopamine doing? How you feel right now, how you'll feel an hour from now, and how you'll feel next week is completely reliant on your dopamine. Our daily motivation and willingness to push your challenges depends on the intricate chemical process dopamine provides. Christian Klikus and I created Deployed Dopamine, a book that tells you what dopamine is, when it dysfunctions, and how to successfully deplay it when needed. Find Deploying Dopamine on Amazon today check it out.
Speaker 9: CARLAMI here to tell you about our newest website for old time radio lovers. It's one hundred Radio Shows dot com. At this site, there are five old time radio shows waiting for you to download free as our gift to you, and be sure to browse the additional seven hundred old time radio shows available to you for seventy percent off by using the promo code Radio at checkout. This is a limited time offer, so log onto one hundred Radio shows dot com. That's one zero zero Radio shows dot com.
Speaker 1: Hey America, how tired are you of mainstream corporate media's biased narratives and manipulated news. Their dishonesty and attempts to influence this generation have been exposed, put on display for anyone who's even half paying attention. But the New American magazine has been an honest source of news and commentary for over fifty years. This is your opportunity to receive this stalwart of principal journalism at a deep discount. Picture a beautifully published magazine arriving at your doorstep twice a month, packed with insightful stories written with integrity. It's also available digitally on the New Americans mobile app. Get up to speed with intelligent coverage from a freedom perspective. Right now, for a limited time, the New American is available to radio listeners at a twenty five percent discount on a new subscription. Visit Theewamerican dot com slash Radio twenty five and receive twenty five percent off. Subscribe today at the New American dot Com Slash Radio Time twenty five.
Speaker 4: Sore Back on the Doctor Dahlia Show one eight seven to seven Doctor Dali one eight seven seven docd Ali.
Speaker 2: So the fraud doesn't cease.
Speaker 4: Federal state officials are expected to announce another healthcare fraud scheme and a significant crackdown thanks to the diligence that we have with this administration looking for this waste, fraud and abuse. And we're being told that officials with the Department of Justice and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services are going to speak later today about some of their anti fraud initiatives and what they found.
Speaker 2: This latest takedown is coming out of Pennsylvania.
Speaker 4: Pennsylvania Attorney General Dave Sunday is expected to join be joined by representatives from the federal Department of Justice, as well as doctor muhammat Oz, administrator for the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services. The press conference is supposed to be scheduled for this morning at a federal building in Philly. Last year, according to forty three state and federal prosecutors announced charges against more than three hundred people in connection to fifteen billion dollars fifteen billion worth of false claims orchestrated by international crime syndicates, and then earlier this year, doctor Oz announced a nationwide auditive Medicaid programs, saying that as agency plans to require states to take more responsibility in combating healthcare fraud, it blows my mind that this isn't already done. According to doctor Oz, he said, it's an example of what would like them to do to prove that they're serious about this. And if you don't take it seriously, it indicates to us that we might have to take the audits that we're doing to the different states more aggressively. So with what's going on in Philadelphia, and we're going to be getting more details a little bit later today, but there were I believe again false claims, ghost visits that were billed for, and we believe that one of the culprits was even doing this out of jail.
Speaker 2: I'm just blown away that.
Speaker 4: You know, when when I took care of patients with Medicare and Medicaid, I mean, as with any other insurance HICCK for form, we made sure that we were using the utmost accuracy because the consequences not only from a criminal standpoint, but also from a logistical standpoint and from a patient care standpoint.
Speaker 2: Is disastrous.
Speaker 4: If you bill incorrectly, if you bill inappropriately, if you you know, get get audited or committed or accused of fraud, it's it's just an absolute mess.
Speaker 2: And so you just don't mess, you know, you don't do it wrong.
Speaker 4: It's it's But but when there's lack of oversight, and this is what we had in the previous administration, in the previous few years, where whoever was in charge didn't care. They didn't monitor the border, they didn't look at people's past criminal records, they didn't look at you know, a voter ID and snap benefit.
Speaker 2: They just completely.
Speaker 4: Ignored, you know, all avenues where individuals could take advantage and and find susceptibilities and vulnerabilities in.
Speaker 2: The systems and such that now we've got.
Speaker 4: So many people take advantage for years, we have to unroot it and unrooted and pull it out by the roots. Is very very difficult, especially when we're barely finding the little leaves of the tree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying. I'm trying out some new metaphors here.
Speaker 4: And so what ends up happening whenever something like this happens is then the honest, innocent people like the patients or the medical providers now have.
Speaker 2: More hoops to go through more work.
Speaker 4: Now that there's there's more scrutiny, you're gonna have some individuals say, you know what, all right, that's fine, but I don't have the staff, I don't have the manpower, I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Be accused of fraud.
Speaker 4: So I'm just gonna not take Medicare. I'm just going to not take Medicaid. And we're hearing a rise in medical providers avoid using government run healthcare so that they don't get caught up in this mess. Now there's the individuals that are actually committing fraud, and then there's the individuals who are doing good. But now they're going to have much more oversight, much more documentation, much more burdensome, red.
Speaker 2: Tape, and bureaucracy.
Speaker 4: Why because the bad people screwed it up for the good people. And so the people who are really getting hurt are the patients. The ones with medicare the ones with Medicaid. The old Medicaid was a real pain in the butt. I remember early on in the early two thousands, where patients would get Medicare, Medicaid eligible, but it didn't mean that they were going to have Medicaid pay for their care, and so doctors were not getting paid. So what did doctors end up doing saying, well, look, we're just not taking Medicaid, And so you had Medicaid patients scrambling for doctors who would take their cases.
Speaker 2: So it was it was it. You know, nobody's gonna.
Speaker 4: Cry a river or play a violin for doctors. But and I don't want people to, but whenever we have a system that really starts to affect how patients can access healthcare, that's gonna be Let me just switch gears for a quick second on how this fraud happens and why it's so rampant. When a doctor is legitimate and seeing seeing or a nurse partitioner or a PA, they're seeing a patient, they order a test, they administer care, they.
Speaker 2: Document, and they have to document very very thoroughly.
Speaker 4: And that documentation doesn't mean that the visit happened at one hundred percent. But you have a lot of checks and balances in terms of well, the patient came in, the patient checked in, the patient provided payment, the patient had an exam, a nurse did vitals, so there's multiple people involved. There's witnesses that saw the patient, you took care of the patient, you documented. Sometimes U will will have a chaperone in the room saying, yes, I saw the procedure, witness the procedure. Patient gets a prescription, they go and get that prescription. There's a pharmacy or a medical supply company, and so there's many people involved in that train of care such that when a person goes from point A to point Z, there's enough proof that that care was given. What's happening with these fraud cases is there's submitting claims.
Speaker 2: On work that was never done, either with.
Speaker 4: A fake patient or with a patient that says, yeah, go ahead and use my name.
Speaker 2: I'll say you saw me.
Speaker 4: But the fraud can be anywhere from you not having done the service to you, doing an unnecessary service to you, overdoing a service for you, charging for repeated services. The fraud is so general that there's many ways that people might think they're trying to evade the system, but they're still screwing the system and screwing the taxpayers over and so anybody involved and that obviously is complicit and you know should have you know, criminal charges against him. Unfortunately, some of the victims within this are the actual patients. So the patient goes into the medical provider thinks, Okay, I'm just having my regular medical visit done. I'm getting my burn care done, or I'm getting my medical supplies, or I'm getting my treatment, and then the doctor decides to go, yeah, I had to see them three times this week, or I had to in addition, give them something else to take home, and the patient is just unaware. So somebody asks a patient, did you see this doctor? Yeah, I saw the doctor.
Speaker 2: Did he take care of him? Yes he did. Did you get X, Y and Z? Well I thought I did, Maybe I did, maybe I didn't.
Speaker 4: And so when they start to slip in extra charges or slip so you know, when people are fraudulent or criminal, they start out small and they see what they could get away with, where they could sandwich in the fraud, and then some of them go, you know what, nobody's looking, nobody's paying attention, and then they.
Speaker 2: Just outright go blatant.
Speaker 4: And unfortunately, we're only finding the blatant cases.
Speaker 2: And so when I hear, you.
Speaker 4: Know, time after time that we're finding three hundred and fifteen billion in fraud or seven hundred and fifteen million or all these different I think in Chicago, Chicago prosecutors have indicated to indicted two people for three hundred and fifteen million in fraudulent billy. That's just in Chicago, you know, and this was reported about six weeks ago. When you hear of these cases, it's the ones that are rampant, and you wonder how much of the mild subtle I don't want to say mile.
Speaker 2: None of it is mild, but the.
Speaker 4: More subtle, co vert fraud is being done where people are starting to dip their toe into the fraud water. And so unfortunately, the fraud is very easy to do. And I know people are talking about the honor system. It's really not an honor system. And honor system is just take my word for it. No, you're supposed to document if you're given a medical supply, there's a sticker on that, and you're supposed to write the code or put that code in the chart. There's always a paper trail. You're supposed to be doing the paper trail.
Speaker 2: Some people are playing dumb, they're not being very diligent. They're like, oh woe is me, Oh I.
Speaker 4: Forgot to put that down, or the patient forgot.
Speaker 2: To take it or oops, my bad, but no.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: Fraud means there's intent, and there's recurrence, and there's malice, and so it's pretty easy to find one eight seven seven doct Dolly don't go away, Hi, guys, doctor dohly here. Addictions can sneak up on us and come in many forms, whether it's drugs, alcohol, sex, video game, porn, or something less obvious such as food, internet, or shopping. Addiction can seem innocent at first and then evolve into an insurmountable evil. In our book Addiction Basics, Kvin Khalikus and I dive into the common addictions and provide tips for identifying and preventing these before they sneak in and take over our lives. Addiction Basics can be found on Amazon or my website doctor Dalia dot com.
Speaker 2: Check it out.
Speaker 1: Increase fuel economy up to seven point nine percent with hot Shots Secret.
Speaker 5: Gasoline Extreme the solution to maximize your engines performance and fueled economy whether you're driving a sports car or a daily commuter. Gasoline Extreme, especially formulated with Pea to deep Clean. Don't settle for an average driving experience, Upgrade to hot shots Secret Gasoline Extreme, and go further on each tank. Order now on Amazon Orhotshotsecret dot com. Hot shot Secrets powered by Science