Speaker 1: Fluid fluent Dorg.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Fluent Fiction Greek, the podcast where we bring you bilingual stories to supercharge your listening comprehension. In each episode, we'll present a short story in both English and Greek with the aim of helping you to improve your listening comprehension.
Speaker 3: In this episode, we'll follow Elenny's heartfelt journey through a bustling market as she seeks a gift that rekindles family ties and embraces the spirit of the season.
Speaker 2: Right after this commercial break.
Speaker 4: At fluent Fiction, we're not just telling stories, We're bringing the world together by learning to understand each other. By subscribing to Fluent Fiction Plus. At plus dot fluentfiction dot org, you do more than just remove ads. You support a platform bridging global language differences one story at a timebri ription not only guarantees you an uninterrupted narrative, it also sustains our mission to bring stories in diverse languages to everyone. It's simple visit plus dot fluentfiction dot org and become a plus subscriber today. When you do, you become a champion for global language learning and enjoy an ad free experience. So please join us at plus dot fluentfiction dot org. Let's transform the way we experience the power of stories. Your journey awaits at plus dot fluentfiction dot org. Together, we can keep the world's stories flowing.
Speaker 1: Athropijelunki for nesto boliton akugon di apoulos, dis cattinsis e l n e in emia, jineka meaapietes, paradosis icogenia. Theelenepanas indesity nicogeniatist keepsagni to teliodoro, jef tontoscopo, ostoso topazari in a jemato keeperisotti, pangiecon exanglicita, dimophiliditus y apophaciit is nevrikati theatero keprosopico yet piodiscoli, tamatietis pef tumpano semiaomorphi heropeatic xiloglip tia, tithymisitises tasiato, patricutis pit hu ketogenia casing gendrosis, europotozayki tovlemat is, malakoni, cathos, catlavenot in a totelio thoro jena erit nicogeniati is pioconda paratis discolias e eleni agorasiting silogliptia, keimerica, coomi hiropita and kimena, then in a crivaute labera elena yemata metispina, happitis ottantanisto, spetty eco yeniatis and diposiasity tatadora isa kita ya ya yemisunto spitty key ellen inoitardiat is na yemizi cathos arhizi in ekronja sinidiopio titadorat is. Then in aplos and kimena in emia yefira prostoparathon kenos, dromos prostomelon hyprospatia chia hapitus, then e homonoili kiaxia allah pissima diko and is humed to the smotiskoyenistis etsi rtitis protogronias yetmiene ar hi yet in eleni ket kojeniatis yemati meenees politi mesnamnesis.
Speaker 3: Let's take another listen. Listen closely to any parts you may have missed.
Speaker 1: In a paramoni protochronias stographic nico or yo ketoi eunisia pala panus de glatia.
Speaker 3: It is New Year's even the picturesque Elenco village, and the snow is gently falling over the square.
Speaker 1: E eleni peri ferretico pasari an asitunda do ye nicoieniatis.
Speaker 3: Eeleeni wanders through the local market searching for gifts for her family.
Speaker 1: Top nev ma to jor don inem faines pandu yirotis.
Speaker 3: The holiday spirit is evident everywhere around her.
Speaker 1: Anthropiie lunki for nestl akugon der poules discatethinsis.
Speaker 3: People are laughing and the voices of venders can be heard from all directions.
Speaker 1: E eleni inemia yineka merapi ye disparadosi koyenia.
Speaker 3: Elleni is a woman with a love for traditions and family.
Speaker 1: Ele neoeniatis kiepzagni to telio doo yev ton do scopo.
Speaker 3: She wants to reconnect her family and is searching for the perfect gift for this purpose.
Speaker 1: Ostoso topazari ine yemato qui perisot tri pagiecu nexanlicita di mofili Titus.
Speaker 3: However, the market is crowded and most stalls have run out of popular goods.
Speaker 1: Yepofasi disnavrikati dietero queproo pico yine te pio diishcoli.
Speaker 3: Her decision to find something special and personal becomes more challenging.
Speaker 1: Tamatietispev tunpano semieol morfi hiro pi tixilo littiella.
Speaker 3: Her eyes fall upon a beautiful handmade wooden carving of an olive tree.
Speaker 1: Tinthimisi dis is tashiato patricutis pitiu kittysikogenie kising giendorosis yiro po tozayiki.
Speaker 3: It reminds her of the warmth of her childhood home and family gatherings around the fireplace.
Speaker 1: Tovle maati is malaconi kathoshka tlavenio tefto intoteliodoro jaati is pio conda.
Speaker 3: Her gaze softens as she realizes that this is the perfect gift to bring her family closer together.
Speaker 1: Parati is this collis e elenia roasiting silog liptiya kimerica ko mihiro pian di kimena.
Speaker 3: Despite the difficulties, e Elleni buys the carved olive tree and a few more handmade items.
Speaker 1: Then a grivaulabera alena yemata metis.
Speaker 3: They are not expensive nor flashy, but they are filled with her thoughtfulness and love.
Speaker 1: Ottantanis tu spiti iko jeniatis and diposiassi tatadora.
Speaker 3: When she arrives home, her family is impressed by how meaningful these gifts are.
Speaker 1: Kita ya ya yemizuntu spiti ki eet is na ye miisi.
Speaker 3: Warmth and laughter filled the house, and he Eleeni feels her heart swell.
Speaker 1: Cathos arhizi nerone siniditopiatis, then plos dikimena.
Speaker 3: As the new year begins, she realizes that her gifts are not just objects.
Speaker 1: Inemia jefira prosto paon quens doromos prostomellun.
Speaker 3: They are a bridge to the past and a path to the future.
Speaker 1: I prospatia killa rapitus den neu monoilikiaxia a la piusi mandko and is hewn to the mootiskoienists.
Speaker 3: Their effort and love hold more than material value. More importantly, they strengthen her family's bond.
Speaker 1: Etsi iyortitis proto ronez yinetemiener hi yetileni knicoeni atis ye mati meenez politi mes amnisis.
Speaker 3: Thus the New Year's celebration becomes a beginning for Klany and her family, filled with new precious memories.
Speaker 2: Today's vocabulary words are coming up right after this commercial break. Here are today's vocabulary words, first in Greek, then in English.
Speaker 1: Dorrio, dorrio, dorio, the village, grafico, grafico, grafico, picturesque iplata i plata iplata, the square apalla appa lla apa la gently to bassari, topasari to pasari, the market, top nevma, top nevma, top nevma, the spirit M Finese M finet and fanez evidence ePol tes, ePol tes, epolites, the vendors, ikatepinses ikatefinses ikatev, theensies, the directions epanacin, thezi epanac in, thez epanac in. These reconnect a apophacy, apophacy i apophacy, the decision epangi epangi eat bangi, the stalls idieteroietero e, the ro special IXI looglypt IXI, loglypt IXI log lip t. The carving hero b D hero bd hero bd handmade, Yeah yeah, yeah yeah e yeah yeah, the olive tree, the Mesi thimsi, the measi reminds is in gendrosis, is in gendrosis, is in giendosis. The gatherings, Todjaki, Todjaki, tod Zaki, the fireplace, para para para despite it is Golias, It is golias, It is Golias. The difficulties, Simasia, Simasia, Simasia meaningful is estasja is Estasia is Estashia, The warmth da yeah yeah, dah yeah yeah, dah yeah yeah, the laughter, Nayamisi, nayamisi, naya misi, t swell, Miyayephirah, Miyayephirah, Miyajefhirah.
Speaker 3: A bridge.
Speaker 1: Oh, the romos, Oh, the romus or the romos, The path hyprospathia, hyprospathia, hyprospathia, the effort. Oh, there's mos. Oh, there's mos. Oh, there's mos. The bond, Polythimes, Polythimes, Politimes precious.
Speaker 2: We hope you've enjoyed this episode of Fluent Fiction Greek. Our team works tirelessly to bring you high quality, engaging content that will help you to reach your goals, but we can't do it alone. Your support is crucial in keeping our doors open and our content flowing. Please consider becoming a Premium subscriber. To day you'll get more stories, no ads, custom episode requests and more. Visit www dot fluentfiction dot org slash Premium Greek. Thanks for listening, and now a final word from our sponsors.