Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, the pub quiz practice show that hits you. Pap Ryan the quizzer, I'm Andy Flora.
Speaker 2: I'm David Flora, and we're here to teach.
Speaker 1: You more about trivia than there are Traders, tradering and traders.
Speaker 2: Alan coming soon to a television.
Speaker 1: That is amazing.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's worse than the British one?
Speaker 1: Tani and Mel say that the celebrity version's pretty great, So I don't know about the regular one, but apparently the celebrity one's pretty fun.
Speaker 2: Well, if Tani and Mel say.
Speaker 1: It's good, I trust them.
Speaker 2: But what if they're traitors themselves?
Speaker 1: That's true, they could be. I wouldn't put it past them. Hey, David, we want to give a big shout out to Emily.
Speaker 3: And Alison heym coming patron.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Keep our lights on, so thank you to all our patrons. Thank you for all our listeners. And now let's just dive in. This is how the show works.
Speaker 2: Wiz Quiz Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions, each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the Big Bang, a final round with three questions, whose answers are all clues to one final question?
Speaker 1: Round one. Question one, The category is television. The American series of comedy short films titled Our Gang was later syndicated for television under on what title? Question two. The category is science. What is a single piece of coil DNA? Called? Question three? The category is technology. This question was inspired by the economists quiz Thanks economists, duck, duco, q want and Swiss cows are types of what kind of software program? Question for the category is geography. This question comes from Laura and Dennis. Thank you Laura and Dennis. Than Dennis, what New England state is also a member of the New York tri State area? And now the answer is round one. Question one. The American series of comedy short films titled Our Gang was later syndicated for television under what title The Little Rascals? Question two? What is a single piece of coil DNA called chromosome? Question three? Duck dot, go, q want and swiss cows are types of what kind of software program? Private search engines I guess there's some leaked emails at Google's stating that they are making their search functionality worse, so you have to scroll through more so that you can see more ads. Fun times Wow. Question for what New England state is also a member of the New York Tri state area Connecticut. You gotta know what the Tri state is and you gotta know your New England states.
Speaker 2: Is New York part of New England?
Speaker 1: That would be a negative. It's Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. It is bordered by the state of New York to the west and that by the Canadian province of New Brunswick to the northeast. Boston is New England's largest city.
Speaker 2: Round two. Question five The category is entertainment. In Which country did the theatrical genre vaudeville get its start in the middle of the nineteenth century? Question six category US history. Colonial militias that were ready to fight quickly were known by what timely nickname? Question seven category language. This one comes to us from listener major data fig you major, thank you major. What word refers to both a letter formed by combining A and e In Old English, The battery residue left after a volcanic eruption, and a type of tree known for its strong, flexible wood. Question eight. Category games and hobbies. In Settler of Catan's standard version, a player can win if they accumulate how many victory points and now they answers to round two. Question five? In which country did the theatrical genre vaudeville get its start In the middle of the nineteenth century France, So the origin of the term is obscure, but often explained as being derived from the French expression voausdeville or voice of the city. There are other origins to it, including one that was kind of like that fleur de lis. Oh, yeah, that we were looking up where it's like, well, this is just from a river and the body tavern that was along the river, and yes, like come on, that's kind of stretching. Question six. Colonial militias ready to fight quickly were known by what timely nickname? Minute men? Question seven? What word refers to both a letter formed by combining A and E and Old English powdery residue after a volcanic eruption, and a type of tree. Ash.
Speaker 1: I looked up ash trees with this question and because they're both strong and elastic. That's what you use to make bows, tool handles, baseball bats. You know, things that need to be strong and flexible, tough.
Speaker 2: But supple question eight and seller of Catan or Catans standard version. A player can win if they accumulate how many victory points ten. I think you can set your own rules and stuff like that, but just baseline victory conditions ten points will get you the Victoire victwa Deville.
Speaker 1: That's it for the first half, which means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is theater. You'll have thirty seconds to answer the following question. Name the six characters who die in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Your time starts.
Speaker 2: Now, and that's time. The six characters who die in Romeo and Juliet are Juliet, Romeo, Count Paris, Tibalt, Mercutio, and Lady Montague. This one would sometimes be eight depending on the source, because some folks include the nurse's husband and Benvolio both die off page, although the nurse's husband from what I read in the play, the nurse's husband has just been dead oh and is just mentioned like oh, bless his hard He was a good soul kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And Benvolio, they said in the first quarto, the some of the earlier printings, he it was mentioned that he died off stage, maybe of grief at lying to the prince or something like that, but that was considered an unreliable source. And in everything going forward, including the first folio which I looked up, which is kind of a definitive closer to Shakespeare source, Benvolio is not mentioned. Is dying at all?
Speaker 1: Well, it's funny because lady Montague dies when she hears that Romeo's banished. And that's another off.
Speaker 2: That one's out of those six, that one's the only one that's not on stage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the others are very much more memorable.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, everybody gets stabbed or poisoned, like you do, like you do.
Speaker 1: Spoiler alert round three. Question nine, the category is sports. Believe to be the first ever which Scottish golf course is in a town believed to be the resting place of bones of a Christian apostle. Question ten, the category is literature. This question comes from listener Bobby.
Speaker 2: Thank you Bobby, Bobby.
Speaker 1: What type of animal is Horton in Doctor Seuss Books. Question eleven, The category is pop culture. What song did Katy Perry sing during her brief flight to space in April twenty twenty five? Question twelve The category is space. What color is the hottest kind of star? And now? The answer is to round three? Question nine believe to be the first ever? Which Scottish golf courses in a town believe to be the resting place of bones of a Christian apostle? Saint Andrew's Question ten? What type of animal is Horton? In Doctor Seuss Books elephant? Question eleven, What song did Katy Perry sing during her brief flight to space in April twenty twenty five? What a wonderful world? And that's why Harlano Blue was leaving her? Question twelve? What color is the hottest kind of star? Blue?
Speaker 2: Round four? Question thirteen. The category is mythology. This one comes to us from listener Dean Thakadeen Makin. What is the heavenly paradise in Egyptian mythology? Known as question fourteen? Category animals? What camelid mammal and native of Peru is primarily bred for their wool? Question fifteen? Category art Fernando Botero, known for his style of exaggerated volume, is one of the most recognized artists from Latin America and is from which country? Question sixteen, Category Technology? In two thousand and nine, what became the first Morse Code character to be added since World War II? And now the answers to round four Question thirteen. What is the heavenly paradise in Egyptian mythology known as uru or the field of reeds? Question fourteen? What kamelid mammal and native of Peru is primarily bred for their wool alpacas ah darble lamas apparently are more for guarding livestock.
Speaker 1: That's why they mean they Yeah.
Speaker 2: They don't care. They'll spit on anything. Run it off. Question fifteen. Fernando Botero was from which country? Colombia.
Speaker 1: If you haven't had a chance to see his artwork, I recommend looking at his Mona Lisa. It's adorable.
Speaker 2: Huh. I don't know what exaggerated volume means, but I'm pretty sure I'm a Botero accorded to that description.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do call it like Boteroism style or something like that, which is just his critics said, he just draws fat people. He's like no, I do like voluptuous, kind of larger than life, and that allows me to then exaggerate features.
Speaker 2: Question sixteen. In two thousand and nine, what became the first Morse Code character to be added since World War Two? If you think about what was going on at the time and the technology that was coming out, it'll lead you hopefully to the at sign.
Speaker 1: That's it for the which means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round is history. We will give you three clue questions, which are all hints to one final question. The clue questions may not fall under the same category. Question one. In the American animated sitcom The Jetsons, who is George Jetson's best friend and sometimes protector of Elroy Jetson?
Speaker 2: Question two, Phil, Dottie, Barbie, Billy and their cat King Tut are the Winslow family secondary characters to which titular newspaper comic strip character?
Speaker 1: Question three? What media franchise feature? Four teenagers with the surnames Jones, Blake, Dinkley, and Rogers.
Speaker 2: And finally, the Big Bang questioning in the category's history. Two Blue Cross Medals were awarded to a UK resident named Juliana during World War Two, one for extinguishing an incendiary bomb and one for alerting people to a fire in a shop. What specifically was Juliana.
Speaker 1: And now the answer is to the Big Bang round? Question one? In the American animated sitcom The Jetsons, who is George Jutson's best friend and sometimes protector of Elroy Astro?
Speaker 2: Question two? Phil Dottie, Barbie, Billy, and King Tut are the Winslow family secondary characters to titular newspaper comic strip character Marmaduke.
Speaker 1: Question three? What media franchise features four teenagers with the surnames Jones, Blake, Dinkley and Rogers.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, scoober Doo? Who is that old man? Withers?
Speaker 1: Yep, we're going rather.
Speaker 2: If we're for scoober Do. Finally, two Blue Cross Medals were awarded to a UK resident named Juliana during World War Two, one for extinguishing an incendiary bomb and one for alerting people to a fire and a shop. What specifically was Juliana. Juliana was the same breed of dog as Astro, Marmaduke and Scooby a great Dane, So pretty great story with that Juliana p on the incendiary bomb to put it out, so the story goes, and then barked a lot when there was a fire at a at a shop and they were able to put it out, save the shop and everything.
Speaker 1: That's pretty great.
Speaker 2: It's a good dog, good dog, very good dog.
Speaker 1: Well, next time I listened to it, I need a hero. I'm just gonna picture a dog ping on a bomb. I need a great day holding up for recruit and for the roost of my lahf awesome. Well, thanks for listening, everybody.
Speaker 2: That's right. If you'd like to join our Patreon creuse sign up at patreon dot com.
Speaker 3: Slash quiz Bang And for July, we're back to the normal schedule of second Saturday for Zoom Trivia, so that will be the twelfth Hope to see you there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks to everyone who came out to the last one ton of fun and.
Speaker 1: Well announced the winners of the last one and the next episode.
Speaker 2: And for this episode of Quiz Quiz bank Bang, I've.
Speaker 1: Been David Flora, I've been any Flora. Here's looking at you.
Speaker 2: Quiz