Speaker 1: It's so insane.
Speaker 2: Bunker bunco unco funcer.
Speaker 3: All right, what's up everybody. We have our good buddy David Patrick Carey from church Atternal Logos. He's joining us today to cover a topic that I first saw maybe a year and a half ago. Two years ago, I was listening to a link that somebody sent me from a weird Lutheran.
Speaker 1: Guy, and if you remember, the Lutheran guy was talking like this, and he was talking about how he had just engaged in deconstructing his faith journey and through this deconstruction process he learned a lot about the oppression that he found in Christianity.
Speaker 3: Since that time, this has become a trend where we're noticing all over mainly TikTok. I mean, it's kind of spilling out into other areas. And one of the key characters that has helped promote this, we'll talk about Dan McClellan as one of these characters. Or is that his name, Dan? Yeah, Dan McLellan Yeah. And Codell just sent me his Instagram. As you can see, it's basically all him and a bunch of Marvel soy gears. So this is going to tell you, right, this is going to tell you right away like the sort of personalities that we're dealing with, but also one of the big YouTubers, if you know, Rhett from reht and link is one of the big YouTubers and now TikTokers who's promoted this trend of quote deconstructing my Christianity. So today we're going to cover that, and this is an introductory stream. We're going to actually deal with the more in depth theological challenges in the second stream, which will be over on Cotel's channel. I've got him linked in the show description and in the title, so be sure and follow David Patrick Harry over at his channel, and we'll do that part two probably next week. But today we're going to introduce the topic. And again it seems to right now be sort of confined to the evangelical world, is apparently spilling over into Mormonism with this McClellan guy. It's a lot of emergent church, non denominational people doing this, and so what's what's your initial assessment of this? When did you first hear about deconstructing my Christianity and what's your initial assessment?
Speaker 4: David, So I had heard.
Speaker 5: About it, like you probably about a year ago, but I'd have dove down the rabbit hole at TikTok deconstructing my Christianity until this stream we start talking about this topic, shout out to ac and once I dove down that rabbit hole, I it's kind of surprised by how many views they get. I mean, there are multiple videos that have millions of views on TikTok where they really bring the most basic criticisms of Christianity and act as if they have uncovered these hidden, hidden jewels and secrets that nobody's heard about.
Speaker 4: You know. Theodicy is a big.
Speaker 5: One, trying to explain the existence of evil and if God's omni present, omni perfect, well then how come people die? And they mock Christianity by saying, if God.
Speaker 4: Why bad thing? And then they go on to talk.
Speaker 5: About why it's a good argument, and it's like, no, no, it's not.
Speaker 4: But it's kind of a.
Speaker 5: Pseudo intellectual social media trend where these criticisms are credibly superficient and dealt with. I mean, for at this point, you know, in two thousand years, and I was kind of surprised to see how it is very very popular right now, especially like you said on TikTok amongst the gen Z. So you know, they try to utilize deconstructionism.
Speaker 4: And they really don't even know what it is. I mean, I.
Speaker 5: Would say maybe the McLellan guy is familiar because he is academically trained. He has a PhD, master's degrees and biblical studies and stuff like that. But you know, deconstructionism as a general philosophical methodology begins with Derrida and his grammatology. And when we talk about postmodern you know, Jordan Peterson's postmodernism, it has to do with the linguistic turn in philosophy in which they do away with the authority of the author itself and therefore you move into infinite interpretations. And so it's ironic that they're using deconstructionism to highlight how biblical readings scripture are inaccurate. Meanwhile, their own methodology has been criticized throughout scholarship is being relativistic and really is it's deconstructing, but it never constructs anything. It's just constant criticism, and they themselves are guilty of relativism and subjective interpretations of reading. So's the what's the ultimate conclusion?
Speaker 3: And point of Yeah, this is a great point, and this is a very common presubsisitional critique that I've done over the years. I got this from Bonsen. When you encounter somebody who is a deconstructionist, of course, they always assume that they read dairy Da and they derive Deida's meanings from his text. But wait a minute, I thought, I can't know authorial intent, and I thought, I have to deconstruct all of my narratives, my grand narratives. So it's a very contradictory philosophical nonsense position from the outset. But I'll briefly read a little bit here just to give an introduction to the topic. Faith deconstruction is an evangelical movement within particularly American evangelicalism, and it's closely related to what's called the ex evangelical movement. And this is a very adjacent to Reddit's, you know, the soy atheist sphere of Reddit. Of course, it can have a range of meanings. Alyssa Childers, So here we have it's beginning with a woman defines deconstruction as a process so systematically dissecting and rejecting the beliefs that you grew up with. Now people are finding this to be some like groundbreaking thing. But it's like, I mean, pretty much everybody who becomes a teenager at some point, I know I did. I'm sure like everybody questions their belief. Why is this some like new phenomenon first question about Christianity. It's like I realized, this is a system of oppression, as if no one ever questioned their faith when they become you know, seventeen year olds or whatever. Right from the outset. It's kind of silly. And like you said in my notes, I put this is a sued movement. This is like it's a bunch of SuDS. It goes on to say that Tyler Huckaby, who wrote for Relevant magazine, and you have to keep in mind a lot of these emergent church movements, a lot of these non denominational strip mall churches there, a lot of these are tied to NGO's, are tied to foundations that fund them to push these kinds of ideas, particularly all who was one of the founders of or early on if I remember, he's one of the early emergent church people, and this was an idea to kind of pick and choose from everything from Catholicism to evangelicalism to classical Reformation theology to kind of create your own evangelical church movement called the emergent Church back in the two thousands, and this kind of was a big It played a role in a lot of the megachurches that popped off during that time period. But it goes on to say that John, it's a process of re examining your faith. John stone Street, Timothy Paget note that it is both used descriptively, covering everybody from Kevin Max to Derek Webb to Rob Bell or the prescriptive recommendation that you question. The term, as David noted, derives loosely from Jacques Garry does philosophical consts the deconstruction, and the idea is that eventually you uh learn to erode the structures that you were raised with because you figure out, oh, well, I don't know Saint Paul's intention. I don't know the you know, the basis for uh, you know why the church fathers made this? This this the Bible? Like, so I don't know, So why do I believe in you this? It's just because I was raised with it.
Speaker 5: But I wrote down in regard to some of the philosophical roots of deconstructionism is that it kind of is a blending of really three important thinkers. One is Assur's linguistics, which, for those who aren't familiar, his whole the whole claim to fame there is that he's arguing symbols don't have meaning and of themselves, and that meaning is derived between the space between symbols. So therefore they're all uh sort of relational in the concept of meaning, and so they dare it up. Builds upon some Sour's linguistics, and then adds Martin Heideger's phenomenology, which is essentially a critique of Western metaphysics and his focus on the fluid nature of being, which influenced Dardo's approach to questioning traditional philosophical concepts. So you can see this fluidity and the idea of categories and being mixed with meaning is now in the in between space, it's not within symbols itself. And then of course Nietzsche's critique of truth, which he is skeptical about the existence of objective truth itself, which again is ironic because the people presenting this as if they're presenting an objective form of truth undermining Christian faith and so so sore Heidiger and Nietzsche are really the core inspirations for Dereduck sort of combining this into a deconstructionist philosophy that is really in opposition to at that time structuralism and building linguistic structures and understanding cultural phenomenon and all this different stuff and then underneath it, and then we'll probably discuss those more in part two, because they use a lot of vaki and cognitive science of religion, and it's because deconstructionism, because it was kind of a linguistic movement. The way they rooted themselves in science is through psychoanalysis and so lacan Freud. These are then inspirations for emphasizing the unconscious and sort of evolutionary understandings of why religion exists and why people are religious. And when we watch some of the more tiktoks probably in part two, we'll see that they always moved to a sort of evolutionary understanding of why people believe certain things or why the Bible says this or that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's often closely associated with postmodernism in a lot of ways, because postmodernism was all about deconstructing your grand narratives, and so there are no grand narratives. Even the Enlightenment was a grand narrative, the universalism of the Enlightenment, the age of Reason that had to be deconstructed as a mythology that was promoted and proposed by certain power structures. You can see how this is adjacent to Marxism. There is a very clear demarcation though between postmodernism and Marxism, and so this is an area where Jordan Peterson typically kind of gets things wrong, even though there is some overlap. So because many of the postmodernists did like elements of Marxism. Postmodernism, though, was utilized by the CIA actually to fight against Soviet realism and cosmism. So it's actually the CIA that went and met with Dairy Daw and various deconstruction is to try to try to incorporate and utilize this form of liberalism. And it's a form of liberalism because it's it's radical in its deconstructing process, right, so that for example, there's no objective meanings, that there's no you know, universal narratives, then sovietism cosmism is not true. And so it's part of the arsenal of the Western liberal project, even though it's a deconstruction even of Western liberalism. So people get confused over this and they don't understand sort of these differences. But I'm glad you mentioned semiotics. I had quite a few classes that dealt with semiotics and in underground in grad school, So this is an area I know decently.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I'm not an expert in it, but you can begin to see why semiotics, which is philosophy of signs and symbols, comes to play a key role because if we get really deep into deconstructing symbols, and like you said, there's that linguistic turn in philosophy begins with Vico and by the time it gets to modern philosophy, you've got you know, Vickenstein and guys like this are basically saying that really words are just language games. They're not really conveying meaning. It's an illusion if we think we're deriving the author's meaning, and so it's a breaking down of first books and literature. You could see the same thing mirrored, for example, in the higher critical studies of breaking down the Bible in the higher the German higher criticism schools after Luther the same thing's going on in philosophy. If I can't know the Bible, if the Bible's deconstructed, you know, generation or two after Luther, then it seems to follow, Well, wait a minute, I don't really know anybody book, do I. I can't. There's no book that I can actually derive, So I'm just importing all of my personal presubsisitions and meanings into the book. So that's kind of the setting for this. But as David pointed out, most of the people I think involved in this don't really they don't know anything about all that they don't.
Speaker 5: And academically, it's in the nineteen sixties and seventies it kind of grows prominence as a methodology within the academy, but it's really relegated towards literary studies and like cultural criticism. But once we get into the later nineteen seventies and especially the nineteen eighties, we see deconstructionism now turning towards biblical scholarship, more philosophical analysis. And really it's the nineteen eighties that it became a very dominant. This is why even today within the humanities, you know, Michelle Fuco is the most cited scholar in the world, and of course he died from activities at bathroomme hous Is in the Bay Area. But I just wanted to point out that this isn't a new phenomenon. Even though these TikTokers are acting like they just discovered the sun or something. This is kind of old hat stuff and they really don't even know what they're engaging in, especially with their verritical claims about what scripture says or what It's funny because even the Dan McClellan glag, he will argue for what he believes the intent of the author is, even though his own deconstructionist movement rejects, like you said, a thorial intent within textual scripture itself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to make one little sort of a caveat here, which is that if you're into presuppositional argumentation and logic, believe it or not, there's actually an interesting role for postmodern people. I don't mean to say obviously that I accept or I want to promote postmodernism, much like David Hume is very useful to to show the logical consistency of you know, skepticism and atheism and empiricism or radical empiricism in the very same way. We can actually take the some of the critiques that postmodernists have and they're very useful, and they're they're very adjacent to transcendental argumentation. Just the critiques though, So be very be very clear with what I'm saying here. I'm not saying that I want to adopt postmodern philosophy. There is no answer. I mean, the whole point is everything is destroyed and deconstructive because there are no grand narratives. So now, obviously, if we believe in Christianity, that's our grand narrative. But the postmodernists have a very good insight when it comes to deconstructing language from an atheist empiricist perspective. So any time you're talking to say, you know, enormy Reddit level atheist who doesn't know this stuff, kind of the Dawkins Dinnet, you know, Hitchins sphere, those kinds of people, they will not have any significant answer to postmodern critiques of their Enlightenment assumptions. So that's why they're very useful to us if you're very careful. So exactly as somebody said in the chat there more says you can deconstruct you deconstructionism, absolutely, but they have very valid critiques of the presuppositions of the Enlightenment. In other words, I could use, say, some of the postmodern critiques against somebody like James Lindsay, right, Doctor James Lindsay would not be able to I'm not saying that the postmodernists are correct in their answers, but their critiques can be valid critiques of Enlightenment assumptions. And that will I don't want to yap too long, but that will get into the very interesting questions that are raised when we get into linguistic philosophy. And so for those of you that one last point here. For those of you that have seen me, for example, in a lot of debates with atheists, you'll see me at times bringing up linguistic issues. That's because I had enough of a uh instruction in semiotics in my classes to know that most atheists aren't aware of how nuanced and complex languages and how nuanced and complex the philosophy of signs and symbols is. And so if you know that stuff, that could be it could be very powerful AMMO against sort of the normy atheists.
Speaker 5: Right, And I just wanted to rebut your point is that that's exactly why you're you're utilizing deconstructionism or postmodernism. Is the scholastic approach, and I don't mean sclasticism, I mean like academic approach, is that you're these are tools. We're not supporting postmodernism or deconstructionism. But as you said, when it when really all this stuff is coming out of post enlightenment and really post contient critiques of rationalism, you can utilize these things as AMMO from a theistic orthodox perspective and undermine people that are your perceived intellectual rivals. And that's what that's why this stuff is useful for us, even though we would ject again postmodernism or deconstructionism as an ultimate methodology or endpoint for philosophy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there's some actually some really good philosophical books from this school. Roland Bart actually has some really I mean, he was a skittles person. I'm not backing him up, but he actually has some interesting semiotic essays that that I think an undergrad we had to read elements of semiology. I've read a lot of umberto Echo over the years. He's actually not just a famous author and kind of weirdo anti Catholic, but he left Catholicism and Tomism actually because of postmodernism and his atheism and became like a committed super duper like hardcore you know, postmodernist and his but his, his novels are actually really interesting critiques of a lot of say, Roman Catholic metaphysical assumptions and things that we would agree with without accepting the end result. Because I mean he's a totally kind of wicked dude, kind of like Fuco Right was totally wicked. But I mean there are some really fascinating people. Uh and and I mean I had to read Charles Sanders purse uh and for for this domain as well as a you know sorcerer that you're talking about back in the.
Speaker 5: Day, kind of founders of pragmatism.
Speaker 3: So let me I'll read a little bit more of this and then we'll see what what you what you what sticks out to you. It's interesting that it's that is popping up in evangelicalism. I'm wondering why that is, because is it just that evangelicalism is late to the game, because you know, within mainline uh Protestantism or Catholicism, you had this deconstructing going on, maybe even after Luther with higher criticism. Uh, you know, why is this? I wonder why this is hitting Christianity right now? It says after preaching a sermon in which he equated deconstructions in with leaving the faith. Matt Chandler clarified that it doesn't mean necessarily doubting or theological wrestling through church hurt. John Cooper stated, I don't even know who these people are. These are like famous evangelicals. It is time that we declare war against this deconstruction movement. It is anti christian, it is a false religion. On the other hand, other evangelicals like Tyler Huckabee argue that it can result in deconversion out of Christianity and most often that it leads you into something somewhere in between, to a form of progressivist Christianity. So I think, from the vantage point of maybe the power elite, why this would be pushed so hard in these circles is maybe if they can't even necessarily get people to be full on atheists, it at least gets the evangelical world to be more progressive and more cocked. And this is something that you and I were talking about beforehand. There's an interesting pattern which we'll cover when we get to your channel. With a lot of the guys involved in this, what are some of the patterns? And I think with the women too, what some of the patterns you've noticed with the.
Speaker 5: People going through some of the tiktoks of some of the more prominent deconstructionists of Christianity, and like you showed on your phone, like Dan McClellan, his entire instagram if you look at and they're all deconstructing Christianity. But they begin by him holding up t shirts of X Men characters, Superman, Marvel superheroes. And then there's another a woman actually, and she has a TikTok called no Nonsense Spirituality. I mean, this woman is not an intellectual. Her videos, some of them have millions of views. And in her office where she sits there in films these if that's not in her car, she has Funko pops all over the background. And I thought that that is iron It never fails.
Speaker 3: These are the religious iconography of the soy world, aren't they. I mean, whether it's Marvel Universe or whether it's you know, Phonko pops, these are the signs, and these are the semiotic indicators of soyness, are they not.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And it's funny because you were talking about like evangelical Christianity, and it seems like for them, they think that they're so much more rational. And I even watched a quote unquote pastor who's promoting this deconstruction my Christianity, deconstructing my Christianity, and he's saying how wonderful this is. And he didn't he said that this was a movement that began the nineties, no understanding of the history of philosophy or anything like that, but you could tell. So he was super pro LGBTQ, pro everything progressive, and it's a way for them to have a foothold in quote unquote Christianity. But rationalizing this is the modern person's religion. This is something that's deconstructed. We're taking away all the fictitious aspects of Christianity and now we're coming to for them a fuller realization, a rational understanding of the Biblical God. And how you know, all these criticisms of texts and discrept and sees what they perceive to be between Old Testament prophecies and the Messiah in Christ, this type of stuff. But it really just seems a way for them to present themselves as intellectually sound and hyper rational. And I think that's why we're seeing it in like evangelical and Pentecostal charismatic circles is one, you know, well in the charismatic circle is kind of irrational, but they're anti intellectual movements. So yeah, right, But I've made the argument because of the lack of sacraments and Protestantism, it really is an ideology. And so when you hear Protestants worry about the world, it's communism, it's it's you know, undermining capitalism, it's it's ideologies that are in competition with Protestantism. This is why, you know, if somebody's possessed, even I know somebody here in the local town, they went to a Catholic priest to get an extracism because their Protestant church doesn't deal with that sort of material realm of mystery and the sort of super spiritual reality within the world. So I think Protestantism is already lean because it's really an Enlightenment or early pre Enlightenment creation. It is a hyper it's ironic because they're anti intellectual, as you said, but at the same time, it's an ideology itself. It's fundamentally about rational apprehension of beliefs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's difficult to in our society be anti intellectual when you are constantly hit with intellectual challenges. So what's happening is these evangelicals are then looking for intellectual answers and intellectual ways to grapple with intellectual challenges, and this is leading them to choose these kind of pseudo intellectual answers and options. And this is in many cases, I think, deconstructing and leading them out of Christianity. In fact, one of the quotes here is by one of the persons who's a promoter of it. For examp sample, they say, you could look at Martin Luther himself as somebody who was a deconstructionist. He deconstructed his own Catholic upbringing to come to a new revolutionary paradigm which didn't wholly abandon Christianity, but was something new and progressive. So that Luther there, even the proponents of were saying, well, we're not doing anything different than what Martin Luther was doing, which I think is kind of true, and I think from orthodized perspective, I could say, yeah, the pope too, like the pope in the eleventh century of the grigoyin Reforms was, as Saint Justin Popovich says, another kind of he was the first Protestant revolutionary, was the pope at that time. Now, one thing that immediately pops into my mind too, from a philosophical perspective, is that the videos that I've watched in these pseudo intellectual guys and I just I remember this McClellan guy. I've actually people have sent me his videos before. I didn't realize he was a Mormon dude. But that makes sense because one thing you'll notice that people who say utilize a lot of these deconstruction elements and these postmodern ideas, these that's a filosophy where there is no neutrality, there's no privileged position from which you can judge. That's not theory lating. Yet every one of the people who does these critiques in the evangelical or even Mormon world here like they're assuming that they actually do have neutrality, because they're saying that, oh, the Bible has these systems of oppression, the Bible has these you know, bad arguments and has these falsehoods. Well, all of that relies on you having some kind of position from which you can make those critiques. But the problem is that if you're actually a postmodernist, there is no privileged position, there is no theory neutral position, So they're inconsistent the application of this philosophy.
Speaker 5: Well, and for McClellan, I was going through his YouTube channels. I think he has like sixty some thousand subs, and I was he introduces himself is that he's still part of the Church of the Latter day Saints. And then ac sent one of his books that's sort of free domain, and I was reading it. And the reason why he's so adamant about sort of undermining the Christology or the christophanies of the Old Testament regards to Christ is because of his Mormonism. He wants him to take on as sort of aryan Christology and promotion of his Mormon worldview, and so his deconstructionism and constantly undermining what we would consider foundational Christian beliefs is part for him to elevate his Mormon theology as being in his view, more consistent with the Old Testament than you know, Orthodoxy or Catholicism or mainline Protestantism.
Speaker 3: I mean, what has he done a deconstruction of Mormonism.
Speaker 5: I mean no, I looked, I didn't find anything undermining Mormonism.
Speaker 3: Well, I wonder how you would deal with the fact that, I don't know if you knew this. I just actually learned this a couple of weeks ago from an ex Mormon that called in have you seen the Joseph Smith translation of the Bible? No, So it's a real thing. So Joseph Smith added himself off in eleven verses to the end of Genesis. So I'm serious. So just like more Muslims will say, oh, you know John, the prophecies in John of the Holy Spirit, that's actually talking about Mohammed. It's not obviously not talking about Mohammed and some bother coming of the Holy Spirit. Well, Joseph Smith went one step further and actually added eleven verses to Genesis to predict himself in Genesis. So I'm curious what Dan. If Dan was going to do some linguistic constructions right and figure out if that's actually part of Genesis.
Speaker 4: The whole thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this whole thing is about breaking down the Hebrew to undermine Christianity, and I'd be curious to see the Hebrew of Joseph Smith and Genesis exactly.
Speaker 3: Now, that's a key point because this is something not many people know. This is my own personal anecdotal observation. So in dealing with a lot of academics over the years and in a lot of circles, I've met a lot of people who focused on linguistics. And you know, there's obviously advantages to being a linguist. It's it's a great skill set, a great tool to have in your toolkit. But there's a there's something that's a problem I've noticed with a lot of people who are linguists, which is that they oftentimes assume, I don't know, if you remember the debate that either was a JF a long time ago, but Jay have kind of assumed that because he's studied a lot of you know, neuro whatever neuroscience, that basically he knew everything else, Like I don't have to know anything about logic or philosophy because I've studied you know, neurology, so I know I know what's going on. It's like, that doesn't mean that you're gonna know anything in the domain of logic, you didn't know basic you know, logical fallacies, the exact same mistake, the sort of like boxed in, you know, mono vision that they have is is definitely the case with a lot of linguists, and so they will assume that because they've deconstructed language, that that's all that you need to know. And then most most of the time they're absolutely they're absolutely totally inept when it comes to philosophy. They have no idea what fallacies are, They have no idea the historical discussions and disputes of philosophy. They don't even know the history of linguistic philosophy. But they've studied linguistics, and they think much like a physicist, Right, you and I would know if we critiqued you know, somebody like you know, Dawkins or somebody or or Nilda grass Tyson. Right, they think that, well, I've studied a lot of physics. That's the key to understanding and knowing everything. Well, that's your assumption. So that doesn't mean you know everything. In fact, you know very little of what's actually going on. And most I mean every I mean, maybe Dan's a unique exception to the rule. But I mean, most of the time linguistics people, they're so like one sided, they have no idea what's going on.
Speaker 4: Right, It's the Dunning Kruger effect.
Speaker 5: And yeah, in regards to the philosophy, like in his argument, so he has a whole book that's on the divine Yahweh's divine images, a cognitive approach, and so he's mix it like cognitive cognitive science with his biblical criticism. And at the end of it, so he's making the case that the messenger of God in the Old Testament, that Christianity associates with Christ. He's looking at certain words and highlighting that it's not taking on the full divinity of the Father, and therefore it's not He's leading them to the argument that Jesus Christ, then isn't one with the Trinity himself, at least according to the Old Testament. And then he ends the book by claiming that logos philosophy theology wasn't articulated till like the fourth century, and therefore wasn't even available for early Christians, and that this is a later innovation in Christian the I.
Speaker 3: Mean, and again that's rich coming from somebody who believes that Joseph Smith is a prophet who added eleven verses to Genesis to predict herself. But I mean logo logos. No, it's not logos. Theology is in John one. The first generation of apologists are known as the logos apologists. So this would be like justin Martyr, this would be Tation, this would be a lot of famous people right after the death of Apostles, uh, who are known for being logos apologists. So that's just on the on its face, preposterous, right.
Speaker 5: That's and that was my point with the Dunning Krueger is he so focused on linguistics to make an argument that the philosophy wasn't developed till later to even express who the second person of the Trinity was. Therefore they can't apply to the early Christian Church before the Nicene Creed.
Speaker 4: It's like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Well, I did a whole Yeah, I did a whole livestream with Inspiring Philosophy a few months ago where we responded to Jake the Muslim metaphysician, who makes the same argument, which by the way, he just cribbed from a Jehovah's Witness website. Uh, they make I'm serious. Now they make this argument that well, there there was no trinity prior to Anicia because for example, they didn't have the philosophical concepts to do it. First of all, it's just simply false, uh, that they didn't have those philosophical terms. There you can see the terminology of even Trinitas and Tertullian and is it ignacious? Not ignacious? Yeah, the Aphulus, the Apulus of Antiocho all so very early uses the term trinity. So triad and Trinitas are used prior to and not i Sea. But even apart from the terminology and the philosophical toolkits, we don't it doesn't matter because we don't believe that it's ultimately dependent on the philosophy terms. It's dependent upon what's revealed in those texts. And as you guys know, we've done multiple videos and streams where we've In fact, a few months ago, I did a three hour stream just in the Torah, just the references to the Triad and the Torah, and it took three hours to get through all those and I still missed one. So that's not even counting all of the minor profits and the psalms and so forth. So and that's the whole other thing itself. We'll talk about more of that in the part two that we will do with Kotel, But again, I just wanted to stress this notion of the limitations of linguistics. And it's odd too, because it's curious for me to hear somebody who's a postmodern influenced person to then think that they then have a key through linguistics. I mean, the whole point of this is deconstructing linguistics. So it's just it's just absurd.
Speaker 4: It's not inherent meaning in the in the.
Speaker 3: Hebrew Why would there be, Yeah, exactly, whether it be inherent meaning in the Book of Mormon or in the Hebrew words exactly.
Speaker 5: And to your point, I wrote down at least a few references I can remember for my research that the Trinity is mentioned by pre Nicene Christians, Ignatius of Antioch, Justin Marter, Irenaeus, Tertullian, and even Origin all of them speak.
Speaker 3: Oh there's many more than that. In fact, yeah, in the Inspiring Philosophy in the Aspiring Philosophy stream, we spent two hours going through pre Nicene references. So what I was earlier was just the words trinitas or triad the words used by Theophilus and Tertullian first right early on. But the teaching that Father, Son and Holy Spirit are all God. That's in almost all the Church fathers.
Speaker 5: And because the focus on linguistics, they don't even address like historical traditions, so segy, prayers, hymnography.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a great point. Yeah, all that's exclusive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all these things also represent the trinity and divinity of Christ pre Nicene Creed, but because that's not scriptural, then that's not even taken into account.
Speaker 3: That's a great point. Yeah, they have a presupposition from their protestant Ish derivations, and Mormonism is a Protestant derivation. They just assume that we only go with the New Testament textual evidence or the written patristic evidence. But I mean even even the liturgies count as patristic and Apostolic evidences. I mean, why would you not include them. But that's a great point. They just exclude this because of their assumptions of solo scriptura. And I think this is a great point to highlight that none of these people are ever self aware of their own presubpositions. That's so key all right, now we have let me read a little bit more a lot of this. Uh so, what does it exactly mean to do this process? So we got the idea of where it comes from, its origins and post modern philosophy and linguistics. This is just like stuff I found, just sort of normy stuff online. And this is important to be Why are you going to normy stuff? But because this is what all the TikTok people are gonna search and find. This is where they're gonna go. So the normy websites and everything said, this is involves quote, first you break down the components of your faith. So I believe in the trinity, I believe in the deed of Christ, I believe in the salvation through Jesus and his blood and so forth. And then it says you, next, you have to examine your beliefs in God. Why do you have those beliefs? Do you perhaps have presuppositions or biases? It's interesting that that terminology is coming up. Here's a key point. Do you have these beliefs because of your privilege? Wait a minute, privilege? So now they're bringing in like the critical race there crt right, the woke stuff is starting to first, what would privilege have to do with with my beliefs? But they don't even realize that they're caving to a separate paradigm already. So they think they're achieving neutrality, but they're adopting a leftist, woke paradigm to begin to make these critiques. Do you see what I'm saying? Because there's like the articles will start to sneak in this idea that perhaps you believe in something because of your privileges, which is all like classical Marxists is speak right.
Speaker 5: Well, and it ties in with Dereda because of his attack on logo centrism. So the centeredness of logos, well he calls foul logo centrism.
Speaker 3: Oh, because of male male supremacy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that has to be undermined.
Speaker 5: And so deconstructionism typically always focuses on the margins or what they called the areas of silence. So women in the Bible, non Israelite, how the Bible, How does the God of the Old Testament deal with heretical views? These are ways in which they can then what they perceive undermined, this prespposition of logo foul logo centrism for a sort of feminized, decentered, focused on the exterior margins of something, and attack the idea of a metaphysical continuity of logos metaphysical categories themselves. So all this stuff is embedded within deconstructionism.
Speaker 3: And you'll notice when you listen to the people that do this deconstructing process, when they start to state what they now believe and what they've come to realize, well, it just happens to be a bunch of woke stuff. In other words, they just happened to They just happened to. Start they start saying, I realized Christianity was a tool for a system of oppression of underprivileged people and minorities. I realized. And a lot of them will say the first thing they'll say is skittle stuff. They'll say, I didn't realize that, like, you know, there's nothing wrong with like, you know, being skittles, And Christianity is the thing that told me that it's wrong to be this, which is odd because it's like you never obviously Christianity told you, Like what, how is that some new revelation in your deconstructing process, Right, It's.
Speaker 5: One of the tictoks I watched with exactly that it was a chick. I forget her name. I have it pulled up somewhere. Oh, leaving the faith. Her name is leaving the faith on tickets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen.
Speaker 5: And her whole thing was exactly what you said, is well, I grew up non denominational, and I believed all these things, and then I went to graduate school and then I learned, and then we deconstructed the Bible, and I realized that it's part of patriarchal supremacy, and that really it's this Christianity, is this hegemonic force that's oppressing us. And and she was responding to a Christian who said that basically was criticizing her continual criticisms of the Church, and she was arguing, well, we have to because this is this is the how we liberate people, how we liberate women from again this patriarchal dominating force. And it's exactly what you just said. And of course it's a woman who goes to graduate school and all of a sudden, now she's enlightened about how you deconstruct Christianity and Lily roo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean she's just being brainwashed in the same woke grad school stuff of CRT and all the crap that everybody else who's been to grad school has been exposed to. And so let's see where was this? What was there? Okay, So then it says next, after you wrestle with your privileges, you must release yourself from what you've begun to realize is not God himself. Deconstructing your faith can be a messy and complicated process, very similar to renovating a house. It can involve removing, adding, modifying, and rearranging the various structural elements that make up your belief in, your lifestyle and your worldview to make it more livable. Thus, deconstructing your faith is not abandoning your faith wholesale, but rather looking for a more coherent and consistent way without inventing a new religion wholesale. So in other words, it's sort of like they're offering, like, look, you don't have to totally abandon Christianity, just get a bit rid of all the things that are you know, goes against the modern world, like being opposed to skittle stuff. Right, So that's all that it is. Right, So yeah, I call yourself a Christian. Just scale it down to you know, not talking about Jesus being the only way to have it, kind of like Pote Francis the other day, Right, all the religions are paths to God. The deconstructionism is a relatively new idea that originated in textual criticism. So this is again making my point, it's not just the deconstructionists and the postmoners philosophers actually goes back to the post Luther movements of higher textual criticism, deconstructing these texts down to well, we don't really know what Jesus taught, and we don't really know who the authors of these gospels are. And so if you remember, there used to be this thing called the Jesus Quest, and this was this, you know, globalist promoted thing of scholars who are a bunch of skittles people, shocker, who decided that we only know about two to three percent of what Jesus actually said. The rest of what's in the gospels are these accretions of traditions. So what do we get this idea that there's these accretions of traditions. Well, it sounds a lot like the Protestants, doesn't it. Yeah, So in other words, it's the same idea of Protestantism. And you'll notice that a lot of the deconstructionists in the Christian world, they keep linking themselves to Luther. They're like, we're just the next phase of Luther's deconstructing and getting rid of the traditions of men and the accretions. How often do you hear evangelicals say, I don't follow traditions of men, I follow the Bible of Jesus's word, and you believe in the traditions of men and your adults and your acons. This is just the next level of that by assuming that higher criticism can now be applied to every aspect of your own life. In other words, higher criticism was in academia. askTel said, this is doing deconstructing and higher criticism in your own personal walk in life. To say, you don't know what these words mean. You don't know what the original Jesus was. Nobody knows what the original Jesus taught, if he even existed, right.
Speaker 5: Well, and Dan McClellan rejects a historical Christ.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, well there you go.
Speaker 5: I mean, does he say, why is it like he just said that we have no historical evidence for his existence?
Speaker 4: And then he makes the caveat.
Speaker 5: You know, we don't have the historical evidence for a lot of people that existed at the time, and therefore the only thing we can base it on is references in the New Testament.
Speaker 4: Basically that one of the videos.
Speaker 3: Okay, did Joseph Smith not I mean I thought Joseph Smith was a prophet from God? Did he not know this wisdom that McLellan has that there's no evidence for Jesus Christ.
Speaker 4: I have a good question.
Speaker 3: I mean that's true. That would mean that Joseph Smith was a false prophet. Because Joseh Smith didn't tell us that Jesus didn't exist.
Speaker 5: We don't have any Well, you know, Mormonism is the first world religion to join the World Transhumanist Association.
Speaker 3: I remember you saying that I did not. Yeah, that was fascinating. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Lincoln Cannon is the is the head of the Mormon Transhumanist Association the MT and he makes the argument that one doesn't have to be a Mormon to be a transhumanist, but to be a Mormon is to be a transhumanist, whether explicitly or implicitly. And they're part of this very liberalizing transhuman morphological freedom movement within Mormonism, and of course Mormonism just condone same sex marriage.
Speaker 4: Was that like three or four years.
Speaker 5: Ago, So now it's okay within the Church of Latter day Saints. So I suspect that DAN is part of the same, like liberalizing all these Mormons that have academic degrees.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're probably the Mormons, the Mormons that are now pro Skittles, right, as we've seen that emerge in the last twenty or so years where the Mormon Church has shifted away from their anti Skittles stance. Interestingly, yep. Now again, a lot of the articles that you'll see when you read about this will that pop up. They really like this house analogy, which is interesting because we kind of agree with that from a presubpositional, you know, perspective, like, yeah, you have these foundational beliefs and then the rest of your beliefs are kind of built on those presubpositions, those foundations that you have that make up your worldview. But what they'll always say in these articles and these explanations is to deconstruct is actually a process. It can be different, but it is taking a part every idea, practice, tradition, and belief into smaller components. So you basically break everything down into these parts, and then you try to figure out, how do you know that little part is true? How do you know this little part's true? And so it's ironically it's like an evil version of what we do when we presupt people, right, where we're actually getting them to question their presubpositions. The difference is that this is like atheist presup where they're trying to get people to become atheists right because they say, oh, it's a painful process, but you may have to do this because you don't really know. And now here's another thing I want to come to, which is this is actually a fallacy. I've noticed in a lot of these people when they describe their journey, they commit the genetic fallacy. They will think that when they deconstruct and they get to this point where it's like, well, I just realized, like I got that from my mom, like my mom raised me with this. Well, first of all, that it came from your mom is just the origin of the belief. That has nothing to do with whether it's true or false.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: But they'll oftentimes make this lead, which is the genetic fallacy, to say that I mean, why should I believe something just because my mom said it. Well, that's true, and it's okay to ask that question, but also it's not false just because your mom said it. In fact, the fact that your mom said has nothing to do with whether it's true or false. And so there's a lot of genetic fallacy going on with a lot of these people.
Speaker 5: Well, and I would say authoritative fallacy too, fallacy of authority, because Dan constantly refers that what he's presenting as the state of religious scholarship.
Speaker 4: So he's just behalf of the academy.
Speaker 5: So if you have problems with him, then you have problems with contemporary biblical scholarship. And one of the academic criticisms, I mean, because deconstructionism we've talked, there's plenty of critics also within the academy. And one of the points I wrote down that is fairly prominent is that it's overly deconstructive, to the point that it's not constructive at all, as the point that you're making it just breaks things down smaller and small and smaller. And so academic critics have highlighted that its primary focus of exposing contradictions and gaps and tensions within texts without providing any sort of constructive alternative response, has led people to describe just deconstructionism as nihilistics, offering offering little in terms of positive or meaningful engagement with any text, especially scriptural textual scholarship. So to your point, it's just constantly breaking things down into smaller and smaller bits, and of course, because it's ultimately relativisty, that's all you're left with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why isn't that McClelland, for example, deconstructing academia as a system of oppression and power which is promoted what it's paid to promote. So I can turn the tables and use this very same argument, which I actually would do, and I actually say that there's actually an agenda and a reason why the scholarship that you're appealing to in this fallacy of authority is promoted in academia, and that's because academia is corrupt, which, by the way, he believes that academia in prior generations was corrupt because it promoted the patriarchal, fallocentric narratives. Oh, but now it's not corrupt, and we're supposed to just default to these people as if they're not corrupt anymore, when they're actually way more corrupt because they push the most ridiculous, like you know, like even just totally degenerate stuff from academia. They're the spearhead, they're the tip of the spear of all of this revolution against you know, what is just common decency. Now, this article that I'm looking at here from the Sophia Society about deconstructing your faith, it actually goes on to describe again the breaking down of your paradigm, which is the stuff that you talk about, and it says that as you get older, you will realize that you encounter situations in life that don't fit with this paradigm. Now that's actually true, I think for evangelicals, right, Evangelicalism, as you said, is an anti intellectual movement from the outset, and so it doesn't really equip people to handle really complex, nuanced situations. For example, evangelicalism can't tell you anything about geopolitics. They're usually totally ignorant about that. So when they're confronted with geopolitical issues like war, mass immigration, borders, they don't have any coherent answer to that because it's an anti intellectual ahistorical scale down, lowest calm denominator position, oftentimes based on emotionalism. I converted in a big tent revival because I was crying and the preacher made me feel bad. And so it's a pseudo Christianity that causes people to get angry and doesn't have any grounding or any coherent worldview, and that's why these people are so easily let out of this religion. Is that a pattern you've.
Speaker 5: Noticed, Well, you mentioned the ahistorical dimension of evangelical Christianity, and I think when you're speaking, what kind of popped in my head is that's another connector with what deconstructionism is doing, because it's constantly trying to undermine tradition, because history itself is plagued with injustices and all these different things that they're trying to correct. So deconstructionism is, i mean, really part of these critical scholarship or Marxist theories about paving a new beginning point in history, right, so it has to undermine and flatten everything that came before it, And Evangelical Christianity is sort of ahistorical, and so it's able to sort of bridge that gap even quicker because it doesn't have any long standing traditions to uphold.
Speaker 3: Keep in mind, tradition is a key area of war for these people. That's just showing that they're even the they're the next logical revolutionary extension of Protestanism. Protestantism was all about deconstructing the Catholicism of that day to get rid of the accretions of tradition of the papacy, some of which are actual legitimate criticisms, but from an orthodox perspective we would disagree with both. But again keep in mind, the idea is, oh, I got to get rid of the man made traditions. Well, the assumption then is that, well, how do you know there's not man made traditions in this book that men decided to to put together. Oh, I guess there could be could in there. So now I have to scale down all of those things. And even in my own life. Wait a minute, how do I know I'm not believing in man made traditions? You may be. So it's this scaling down process of lowest common denominator which Protestantism was built on. Ecumenism is also built on the same idea that it's not a holistic thing. Everything is piecemeal, broken down. It's all based on independent, little data points that don't connect in any holistic, meaningful way. So there's a necessary anti holistic perspective that undergirds all this as well.
Speaker 5: And the deconstructionists are sort of ahistorical in the sense that they view themselves not within a historical context.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're in a privileged position exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's influencing their beliefs, their interpretations, their perceptions, and so they stand on this pedestal where they're able to criticize all of history and talk about the historical injustices and corrections that need to be made.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, not recognize.
Speaker 3: Let me start over. Can you hear me?
Speaker 4: I can hear you?
Speaker 3: Fine, Okay, you're frozen, So let me see. Oh I think we are back.
Speaker 4: I think we are back.
Speaker 3: Yeah we are Yeah. I think do.
Speaker 4: I need to back out and come back in?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's try that. I think it's just stream lives crash was all it was, because it doesn't look like the internet went out, but we should be back. Yeah, So it was just something happened with Sometimes collab cam doesn't work that great. Usually it works, but as you guys probably know, every now and then collab cam will kind of crash and then I think it just crashed. Obs. But okay, so we're back. I forget where we were, But do you remember what we're talking about.
Speaker 5: The last point I was making was the the ahistorical context of evangelical Christianity and deconstructionism and how people like Dan kind.
Speaker 3: Of us historically situated.
Speaker 5: That's right, Yeah, do not view themselves historically situated, and therefore they which transhumanism also argues, is that we're moving to the point where the post humanity is a person who's no longer within the historical context itself and therefore is no longer constrained by these historical context because we're moving to utopia. So I was just making that point about deconstructionism and evangelical Christianity sharing that ahistorical nature.
Speaker 3: Well, here's a this is that's perfect timing because this article over here at Sophia's Society about deconstructing. The next example they give is precisely about being historically situated. So I'll read this briefly and you can understand them what we're talking about. Let me give an example of deconstructing a young child grows up in a loving home with a doting kind with doting kind parents that subconsciously believe that all people are good. Why would this child have any reason or cause to believe otherwise? All he or she has ever known is the love, goodness, and warmth of their family. The second child. But the second this child encounters or witnesses someone in the world who is therefore not kind, they begin to doubt this belief that all people are good. Thus their worldview is shattered. How is the child to make sense of this encounter? Often they react by categorizing people then either as all good or all bad. All that all and that works for a while until until they've encountered someone who is that they previously thought was good, doing something bad, or vice versa. Slowly, then the paradigm must be rebuilt and shift to reflect the reality now that not everyone is good, some people can do good and bad, some people are largely good or largely bad. As you can see without the ability to deconstruct something that was previously useful in the case of the child, new information then comes in which qualifies this simplistic black and white attitude. Thus they no longer have a dualistic way of seeing the world, because it would only get them so far, so far. Thus this is true also for our faith. When we're young, we believe that whatever we were taught about God, Earth, after life, and human nature is true. After a while, though, we usually have to develop and reflect upon new information, and thus we go into new stages of beliefs. People don't usually try to explain the doctrine of, for example, total depravity to if you're a Calvinist, to a four year old, but they tell them basic ideas about Adam and Eve and the fall. And thus, for example, a child is taught Calvinistic told depravity and they're raised with this presupposition. Now that's all well and good, and I would agree that that's a fine example, but none of that actually tells us though, which beliefs are true or false. Again, because we're raised with something, we might actually be raised with a belief that's that's true. Right, So the deconstructing process is in part can be not necessarily, but it can be built on fallacies. It can be built on illogical non sequit or conclusions that we make just because we're raised with something. And they try to always say that The article goes on to say, deconstruction does not mean that your faith must die. It simply means that you have to update your faith and take into account new information. But whoever said that we didn't do that anyway? Like where was I mean maybe within the realm of really fundamentalist evangelicalism. This is something that is true. But as you can see, they're they're taking something that we would agree with that you do need to kind of question these presuppositions. Then they're saying, see, you need to become an atheistic liberal is basically what it is. So it does it mean that you become a more coherent version of Christianity? They're said, say, I know, you've got to be like an atheist or like a total progressive cucked Christianity.
Speaker 5: Right right, And and that's again one of the leading criticisms by academics regarding deconstruction is that it's ultimately relativistic. And I have a point here that an academic made is they argue that by focusing on the endless play of language and meeting, deconstruction can suggest that all readings are inherently unstable, which can paralyze interpretation rather than aid it in any way. And that's that's exactly what we're getting at by building something on fallacious fallacies. You know, that stuff's really never brought into question within deconstructionism. It's just constantly undermining whatever they can through.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, that's why. And that's why you said ultimately it's nihilistic. Now and if you doubt that, just as an example, at this Sophia Society where they're telling you and that there's like tons of articles about how you deconstruct, what it means to deconstruct, how do you relate to your family? Let me read you a couple of the other articles that help you after you begin to deconstruct. This is a necessary death. You don't have to be good recovering from evangelicalism. Jesus is queer. So I feel like like maybe there's an agenda here, Like I don't know what you guys think. Do you see any patterns here? I don't know so, but yeah, but what's where again? Remember this is like this is the domain of evangelicalism, and I guess this Sophia Society is some sort of like hub of deconstructionism. Now, there's another article here that says what does it mean to deconstruct? Well, here's your guide to doing it, and you're not going to be surprised as to what you will begin to see. Rethinking Christian sexuality, liberation, theology, why it doesn't work to try to be pure in terms of sexuality, making sense of the Bible post deconstruction, reframing your relationship with the Bible. So notice that it's all it's all about the book right now. Wait a minute, it gets better understanding the divine feminine. Wait a minute, what is patriarchy? Deconstructing patriarchy? God is our mother? Now, wait a minute, why is the goddess gaia narrative not a narrative that needs to be constructed?
Speaker 4: David, exactly, that's exactly it.
Speaker 5: Well again, one of my third criticism of it is the subjective, reader centric interpretation. So as you're highlighting with all these article titles, they're taking the progressive narrative and then just reinserting that as a critical basis to undermine scripture. And so deconstruction has been criticized for privileging the reader's interpretation over the text itself and allowing personal by ICs and theoretical predispositions to dominate the reading process, and therefore, what exactly are we getting at here? It's just it's just a it's a it's really a intellectual militaristic attack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good way. It's a weapon because listen to the next couple of articles here deconstructing Donald Trump, reclaiming Christian politics for the DNC, of course, the politics of Jesus, deconstructing Christian nationalism. So basically, it's just anything that is not total like you know, democratic party platform, it needs to be deconstructed, right, black liberation, white evangelical racism. Right. It's again, it's like totally obvious just seeing the article titles that this whole thing is literally just a like I mean, it's probably they're probably getting money from like the d n C Soros, you know what I mean, Like like black Rock is, like it's probably funded by all that. I believe it.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 4: In regards to biblical.
Speaker 5: Criticism too, from what some of the academic critical analysis of deconstruction, I saw a few that argue that it's especially bad in biblical studies, where they kind of stretch beyond the philosophical roots and even the context of what deconstruction was supposed to do and kind of apply it indiscriminately across various disciplines. And so the rigorous philosophical foundation of deconstruction, grounded in Derita's complex theories of language and metaphysics, is often simplified and then even misapplied in ways that lose total philosophical nuance, leading to the superficial sort of misguided readings and interpretations.
Speaker 3: Right, so Trump is a manifestation of the patriarchy, this kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, Dan actually made a video I was going through his YouTube channel, and it's a vertical video I think he filmed on his phone.
Speaker 4: People can find if you put in his name.
Speaker 5: And the whole thing was about how Donald Trump and those who support him are part of a cult. And he used the imagery of idle worship and the golden calf of the Old Testament to demonstrate that that's what MAGA supporters are doing with Donald Trump. And therefore, if anybody is a cult, and if anybody is idolatrous, it's Christians who support Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but what makes the most sense is that Jesus was queer. And this was written by a tra in z Tia and z individual shocker who is pictured here all about BLM shocker of course not a black person, right right, But I mean it's all I need to know there, But it's also I wanted to mention this too. This is also connected to again this movement from a couple of decades ago called the Emerging Church movement, which was equated with the Emergent movement, a Christian movement in late twentieth century early twenty first century, so nineties and two thousands. Emerging churches are found all around the globe, particularly though in North America. And if I remember, this had some original origin source coming out of like ex Episcopal Anglican people, so it's being sused from the beginning. But this is kind of the seedbed from which now the deconstructing movement has grown. The idea is that people were tired of their traditional quote unquote churches. So even Protestanism was getting bored with Baptist hymns and Episcopal hymns, and so they decided to start making house churches. So if you remember in the nineties, this popped off, and I know because I used to go to house church meetings in the nineties. I was immediately sort of swept up into this stupid house church movement because I thought, well, the New Testament says they met in households, that must mean low church house churches. I don't know if you've heard of this or familiar with this, but the idea being that all of the religious imagery, investments and incense or any of that kind of stuff are the trappings and the traditions of men. We got to get back down to this like simplified living. But what's interesting is that it's not just about that. It comes out of the home church movement, because some of the people who were in the mergent church movement wanted to have liturgy, they wanted to have these elements. So there's no cohesive like actual doctrine or anything. It's just this sort of like hippiest Jesus idea of like like Jesus was like, you know, against the men or whatever. Do you remember the Jesus People movement? Yeah, you know that. I had a lot of CIA connections in terms of its word. And this is where you get the Vineyard movement. And this is where you get what's it called the FDA used to be in this. He was raising this the I'm going blank. No, the out of California, the denomination out of California that was burned by by these people, one of whom was actually in the CIA. No, I'm serious Calvary Chapel. Oh, so the whole Calvary Chapel movement comes out of the Jesus People movement in the sixties and seventies, who were these hippies that converted to Jesus. A lot of them read Late Great Planet Earth by how Lindsay later on in the eighties, and and so a lot of this like evangelical end time stuff was influencing these hippie christian these hippies to convert to this weird evangelical Christianity that unfortunately spawned a bunch of charismatic movements, the Vineyard Movement and the Calvary Chapel movement. And I'm going blank on the guy who was the Calvary Chapel CIA guy, but he's one of the main early founders. Saddleback also has these connections. I don't doubt that that's it, Chuck Smith. And there's even deeper connections too, because some of the guys were were actual Green Beret CIA operatives in Vietnam. Now I'm not trying to be overly conspiratorial like they just they may just have been like low tier evangelical, you know, Vietnam guys who thought like Boomers that we gotta fight for America. So we're gonna we're gonna start at Jesus Church. We're gonna call it Calvert Chapel because we're gona get back to the basics. And do you know what I mean? They might have had good motivations, But what you start to notice is that a lot of these people like exactly Elon, like Rick Warren, Why are they suddenly associated with Obama and the Council form Relations? Are you familiar with that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: And Rick Warren is spoke kind of favorably about transhuman like eschatology, and so he was actually I read read an article it was on oh here it is the Singularity and the Rapture Transhumanists and popular Christian views of the future in which people like hal Lindsay and Rick Warren are mentioned specifically about how they are constructing this sort of rapture. Escatology very similar has very similar accouterments to technological advance being part of God's divine plan that transhumanists kind of put forth. So I don't follow Rick Warren super close, but when you said that, it kind of popped out, because if he's associating with those types of groups and people like Obama kind of makes sense then maybe why he's constructing an eschatology for his following that kind of mimics some.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's a great point. I didn't actually know that, but I think people started noticing there was something obviously sus with Rick Warren when if you remember back in the two thousands, when purpose driven Life got really popular and started selling like mega mega millions, it wasn't too long after that that suddenly he was associated with Obama and he flipped his position on Skittle's marriage. Did you know that that was back? That was back in the two thousands.
Speaker 4: Seems to kind of be his mo now.
Speaker 3: Trying to find there's a great article that was written many years ago, it's really hard to find. It's kind of been memory hold, but there's it's about the Jesus people and the people in it that did have these sort of CIA connections. I'm looking through my old archived articles of stuff to see if I could by chance find it, but I don't know. It was on an evangelical website of all places, and then that website got taken down and then it got put at some other weird website. But but yes, there is those there is that connection there. Again, I'm not saying that that makes that's it. It was the Antipus article exactly, thank you, But I don't think that website exists anymore. So that's the problem is that you can't really find that. No, SII go away. I don't want you go away.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, she went away.
Speaker 3: The lists exactly right. Maybe I'm four sex both now hahaha. Uh, let's see, Lonnie Lonnie Frisbee might have also been one of those people who was like a Vietnam black opsky or something crazy. Uh.
Speaker 4: Peter in the chat said, wasn't it Rick Warren that gave the.
Speaker 5: Intimous speech at the World Economic Form that they need to incorporate faith into their movement?
Speaker 3: Who who was it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Peter in the chat said, Rick Warren was the person who did that spoke at the WEF about how they need to incorporate faith, which is really I mean, you've brought you've read it too, Homa days by you've all known.
Speaker 5: Rob That's the whole thing about it dat it isn't constructing.
Speaker 3: The I haven't ready I got it, but by the way I found the article. So I know this sounds crazy, but this article, which is actually pretty good, has been stored at Irosta website. So of all places this has been archived. That it used to be at an evangelical website that was critiquing Calbert Chapel. So but now it's at a website called the dub Room Room Brada. So there's the article, and it's by an evangelical woman who's not Rosta, but her name was Barbara ajo Uh. And it goes into a long critique of the Jesus People movement and the odd characters and odd balls behind it. Particularly. Let's see the antipaus papers written by sh R. Shearer identify his intelligence assignments before and during the time of the Jesus People Moving fro nineteen sixty seven nineteen seventy two. He served as an intelligence officer in Europe during Vietnam the Intelligence Group, the five hundred and twenty fifth Division in the five hundred and fifteenth counter Intelligence Operative Group nineteen seventy two, resign commission to become a pastor for the Jesus People in Washington, d C. This is again kind of the birthing of all this, these weird movements that we're talking about. Now, remember there is this is the deep state connection to just this. This is the non denominational movement's birth. It comes out of this stuff. You have to understand that. That's why I'm talking about this, because you're not going to be able to separate all this emergent church stuff from the same funding, the same sources, the same origins. And that's why this is where you get the Are you familiar with the Vineyard movement the crazy stuff? Yeah, so that's these people too, Council for National Policy, that's the fake right wing version of the CFR anyway, so people can go read that there. We're not going to go down that rabbit hole. But but yeah, that's another angle that you have to understand to this, which is that so basically that movement of sixties Jesus People gives you Calvary Chapel, gives you Vineyard Movement, it gives you modern charismaticism, gives you the revivalist movements of the charismatic groups gives you no denominationalism. It all comes out of that, and that's all a bunch of like literal pentagon deeps day people. Right, all right, well we'll try again.
Speaker 4: I can here. Let me back out real quick and join.
Speaker 3: All right, we should be back.
Speaker 4: So OBS is on one today.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's going on. I've never had it be this fussy, but anyway, maybe we can try to get through some of this before. I know you're gonna have to go pretty soon. But we got a couple of super chats. I'll read some of those before this gets collapsed and nobody gets their superchats. Read Storm the Cat ten dollars. I have a friend who's not a Christian, but unfortunately she's some kind of red pill person on certain things. And she's even noticed how utterly satanic modern punk rock music is. He excuse me, he said punk shows are full of skills, pride, and everybody has a colored bathomet statues everywhere. I'm not surprised that sounds exactly what I mean, But I mean, the punk scene was always kind of like adjacent to a lot of that stuff, and so it's weird that what was supposed to be like you know, the most rebellious music is the most establishment now ye anonymous and seven dollars, thank you so much, Jeffrey Klein. Five dollars. I saw a progressive post that was arguing that immigration law is against scripture and they were using terrible theology. Yeah, I think most of the time they do. I mean, I've seen a lot of attempts by evangelicals to argue that we show totally open borders. I think even Gavin Ortlund was arguing that, which I think is preposterous. I think even Peter Leiheart was arguing that that. But I mean, that's all just I mean, to me, that's just fundamentally stupid. I mean, when as any orthodox nation ever thought that you're supposed to have totally open borders, just totally This is what I mean, this is what happens when you become a Protestant, you deny all tradition of the church, right right, swim of the capt ten dollars. I know we already did excuse me, Ac since twenty bucks question mark, question mark, Well, thank you, AC. Appreciate that this is not the only stream. We are going to do more streams over on cotails channel addressing the specific challenges that the deconstructions all bring up. Ortho Dbo three dollars. Who are your favorite saints? And why this is off topic? I know, but just want some of the lore, keep up the basic, keep up the based work.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 3: I like Saint Photius a lot. I like Saint Daniel from the Bible. I like John, that Saint John, that Theologian. I like the Cappadocians. I like Saint anton Asius. Who are some of your favorite saints?
Speaker 5: Patron is, Saint Patrick of Ireland, Saint George, and I'm a big fan of Cyprian of Antioch. And Justina Ciprin was like a great magician who was trying to cast a spell on this pious virgin just they backfired. He couldn't understand why it didn't work, and ended up giving up his faith and burned all his magical text in the center of the city and became eventually a bishop and converted so many pagans that there is no longer a magical tradition in his area.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's a great one. Jmail forty dollars. I love you both, Thank you, min Well, thank you Jamel. We love you too. We appreciate that super chest storm the cat five dollars. How come they never deconstruct their deconstructionism exactly. That's exactly what our point is today. It's really philosophically nonsensical. But again, it appeals to a lot of people precisely because of you know, evangelicalism is an anti intellectual movement kind of incipiently, and so people feel like they're getting some intellectual meat when they start to delve into this, you know, kind of sued stuff, and it sounds cool and they can make tiktoks talking about how they deconstructed everything. That's really what that rat guy does from ret and Link is it's it's super low tire, like it's just really really like so, like, guys, I know that, like you probably haven't seen a lot for me lately, but that's because I've been going through a process of deconstruction and it's very and they do a lot of emotional appeals. They're like, it's gonna be tough for you, guys, but we can do this together. And one of the things I had to realize is that like my views on Skittle's people like it was totally coming from a place a privilege and oppression. I mean, that's a letter of how it goes. And then he goes on like how he Mendel's podcast to talk about how he's you know, he's basically Laptist Christianity or whatever.
Speaker 4: That's that's pretty sad.
Speaker 5: I have four points in which I try to deconstruct deconstructionism and highlight why it fails. So whether you want to do that now or before we wrap up the stream, I can go through those.
Speaker 3: I go ahead and do it right now, because let's get it out what we can before it collapses.
Speaker 5: So I wrote down four points in which essentially deconstructionism fails at its ultimate goals. Number one we've kind of already hinted at, but the failure to acknowledge a text specificity. So by treating text as primarily sites of linguistic play, deconstruction can fail to engage with specific religious, moral, and theological claims that biblical texts make. And this undermines the possibility of understanding the text as a coherent expression of faith and tradition, because, as you said, it's constantly breaking things down into smaller and smaller bits, and therefore they never even approach a comprehensive understanding of a larger meta arc because they reject them. And then number two is the reduction reduction of personal and ideological biases, which we've already mentioned, but because deconstruction allows for multiple, often contradictory interpretations, it can enable individuals to reinterpret scripture in ways that align with their contemporary biases. This is particularly problematic and religious context where the text is intended to convey a specific teaching of truth rather than a canvas for endless reinterpretation. And then number three is undermining communal and traditional readings, is that deconstruction often dismisses interpretive traditions and communal understandings that have been built around biblical texts. This can be seen as a form of intellectual colonialism to use their language, imposing modern, individualistic interpretive frameworks onto ancient texts that were meant to be understood within a communal and traditional context.
Speaker 3: So that was that's a great point that, by the way, applies not just to these people but to every Protestant.
Speaker 5: Right, I'm trying to use their jargon, throw it right back at them, intellectual colonialism. And then the fourth one is an adequacy of for theological engagement for religious communities, the primary goal of engaging with scriptures theological understanding and spiritual growth. Deconstructions focus on deconstruction, meaning often does not align with these goals whatsoever, leading to a disconnect between deconstructive readings of the Bible and faith based approaches to scripture.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's a great point. In fact, I might just retitle the scream this, retitle the stream deconstructing deconstructionism. That's perfect title. Ac ten dollars hangeld Boyarin Hurtado Balcom the same scholarship game that shows Hellenic philosophy was already in use of the exegues of the Old Testament hundreds years before christ philosophy and Maccabe's and Wisdom text the Old testamenty. I actually wrote an essay ten years ago before I had even read Hangelo or any of these people we are in or any of the Jewish scholars talking about. This was about Wisdom and the Old Testament because I was arguing against EMJ. So EMJ has an incorrect idea that John the Apostle, in John one is using logos in the same sense as Stoics and other Greek philosophers. No, he's pulling from the Hebrew wisdom tradition of the personification of wisdom in the Wisdom text. That's where John's getting that. It's not getting it from pagan philosophers. Now, pagan philosophers might be groping in the for that, But no, you already have, with the translation of the Hebrew text into Greek, the septuagen in this tradition, So it's exactly right. Mind, haag five dollars, Thank you so much. Mind, I appreciate this storm of the cat. Ten dollars. We already read that one. Pooh pooh McGhee. Five dollars. Can you do a video? Can you do a video where Gavin Orland talks about a fallible collection of fallible books or have you seen it and quickly explain why it's false. I mean, I've been responding to that for ten years on videos, so I mean it's just again, they're just recycled the same argument. Just watch any debate that I've had with the Protestants where I talk about how if you say that the whole collection is fallible, then it really doesn't do any good. If you say that the books themselves are infallible because if I can start removing them, and that's exactly what Luther and higher critical scholarship did. The end result is where we are today with today's deconstructioning deconstruction is do not see that like this sets the precedent that there's no normative authority in history in the Church to say, okay, here's the canon. This is it. It's established now every individual Protestant can do his own personal research to figure out what he thinks the canon is. And since there's no living historical authority from the time of the Apostles till now, that's all Protestants are united on this. No one can bind anybody else's conscience in Protestantism. That's the Protestant basics, right, No freedom of conscience, freedom of worship, freedom of private interpretation. Since nobody can communicate anybody, nobody can say anybody's wrong, you end up with this position of anybody can say, well, I prayed and study a lot, and here's my new Testament canon. And who are you to say I'm wrong? You can't bind my conscience. That's what you know protestantsm built on. So it's it's all absurd from the outset, and I've done probably one hundred videos where I talk about a fallible collection of invaaluable books. But okay, so I know you've got to go pretty soon. Is there anything else in this introductory streaming? Again? Next week we're going to do some more end depth responses to the actual arguments that these people use. What else comes to mind? Any other things that we didn't hit on in this well?
Speaker 5: In regards to deconstructing deconstructionism, I'll just reiterate we've already mentioned them, but I had them listed regards to like the six main points in regards to even why academics criticize deconstruction and I'm not going to reiterate why we've already mentioned them, but again, the reaffirmation of authorial in ten and historical context, the focus on canonical context and tradition, defensive coherent meaning again, the idea that these deconstructions they can't defend a coherent meaning because they reject any sort of overarching narrative that connects through history, and then the rejection of the role of tradition and community, and then their constructive theological engagement. Scholars like Stanley Howerwass advocate for constructive approach to scripture, which is obviously an opposition to the entire agenda of deconstructionism. And therefore they really, as we highlight earlier scholars that point out that because it's constantly deconstructing, it really doesn't give you anything to build upon. It's just constantly taking things apart. And then the last one and really the most really devastating, even though they don't like to deal with it, is relativism that many scholars refuse to use deconstructionism because it ultimately it's inherently relativistic. And that connects back with the early part of the stream where Dereta is appealing to Nietzsche's rejection of objective truth. Therefore, like Fuco, everything is power structures regarding to the privileging of certain truths and knowledge, and therefore you have to undermine all sources of power, which get back to the article you're reading. With all those titles about BLM and Queer Jesus and all this different stuff, what they're doing is focusing on the marginal. Again, the foul logo centrism which Dereda wants to destroy and undermine is the privileging of the masculine role in society, a logos theological, metaphysical understanding, and the focus seeing on the centeredness of concepts and meaning. They want to reject all that stuff, and so ultimately what you're left with is relativism. And so as much as we watched Dan McClellan or all these other people that were in a deconstructing Christianity, the ones that want to appeal to these academics is ironic because those same academics reject objective truth itself.
Speaker 4: It's all just power struggle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great point that helps you understand where leftism and liberalism is today. It is essentially capitulated into nothing to do with what you would think of, like you know, traditional progressivism in America with the fight for like you know, EBT cards and a great society and all that LBJ era progressivism stuff. Nowadays, liberalism and leftism is one hundred percent totally about which is all it Nietzschean power struggle. It's it's completely capitulated to literally everything being about powered. Aynamis That's a key to understand, because that's how you understand that they don't care when you're arguing with them about what's true or false. Every argument, every every debate, every engagement is pure power dynamics. And so it's all about the display, the spectacle, and the dominance, and that is the key to all of it. So remember, you're not engaging with people that believe or even care about what's true involves. They don't care about you exposing their lives because they see all engagements as pure power dynamics, which is odd because it's Nietzschean, which you wouldn't think the left would be in that motive of of thinking, but that's exactly where they are, right.
Speaker 5: So it's all rhetoric and it's all sophistry, and that's why utilizing things like social justice and all the modern linguo, the reason why that's powerful for them is because they believe they're garnering a higher ground of.
Speaker 3: Moral higher they're getting power from it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, they're they're gaining power from perceived contemporary biases that they are elevated over you, and that you then are forced you're on the back heel defending the patriarchy, defending ancient traditions, defending you know, miracles or this type of stuff, and they view this as again a way to undermine your source of tradition and identity and religious beliefs, but at the same time elevating them as modern, contemporary people that are more rational and more up to date.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, there is no basis for reasoning, there is no basis for log there is no base. It's all oppressive except when they use it. Then it's not oppressive except but also it is oppressive because everything is just power oppressed or dynamics. So yeah, it's it's this is why these people are insane. They lose their mind. They're at war with reality, with logic, with reason, and with God. So that's why these people will act the way that they do. That's why they have these meltdowns. They have these they're essentially demonic. Uh and alex Is Alex's playing a clip of today one of these, like when you go out to the Abration march when people are marching against Abrassen and we have the pro Abraution people show up, and then the the pro p E d O people and the tier A and Z people.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: They actually sometimes manifest demonic uh traits like they're possessed. Yeah, uh, and alex Is playing a clip of that today. So anyway, that's what's really going on. It's actually spiritual battle. It's not all intellectual. I want to remind you guys, head on over to chalk dot com. That is the show sponsored c h o Q dot com. The link is in the show description. Those are great products for getting fit, for getting healthy, for upping your testosterone. A lot of guys are low te, a lot of pretty much all the dudes that are into deconstructing or low T. I'm serious. I mean, we watched a bunch of these videos. The guys are skittles. The guy it's at degansjecting, they're oppression, and the girls are girls are actually more high T than the dudes that deconstruct.
Speaker 5: Uh So.
Speaker 3: So anyway, so we're gonna be talking about this again next week with my good buddy Cootel again. Use a promo go j forty to get forty percent off all those products. J Ay forty, jy four zero to get forty percent off Ji four four Life, Jay four four La f E to get forty four percent off all the great products over at chalk dot com. Link is in the show description. Also, Cootel and I are going to be doing a stream on Eventually, we'll figure out when we're gonna do this, but yeah, a separate stream not related to this stuff on the history of intelligence operations, British intelligence in particular, and Muslim Brotherhood, Radical Islam and the West. A lot of people don't know about this. This is another key insight and angle that's very relevant, especially as the Internet puts a lot of focus on Islam in the last few years. The Tates, hit Job, Daniel Hikikachu, all these promoters of Islam in the West, all over the Internet and YouTube. They're really calling attention to Islam, and so it's very crucial that we address Islam not just from the theological perspective, which is the most important, but also understanding the Western linkage linkages to Islam in its various forms, and that's an area I have read quite a bit. In fact, I knew more about that than I did before I'd actually read any of the Islamic texts themselves, or the theological traditions of Islam which had been forced forced into in the last few years.
Speaker 4: Which is it.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just so ridiculous. It's like the most ridiculous cult man. But you know what, actually that's important because it's a very useful cult for getting people to act in these radical ways. And so if you're an intelligence agency, this is a ready made, perfect lab from which you can pull lunatics to do all kinds of crazy stuff. In fact, Miles Copeland actually says that in his Game of Nations book. He says, CEE, we love these people in Egypt because we could get them to do what if we wintered, if we needed a ready made t R R O R event, we could just use them right away, right anyway, So we're looking forward to what made you, what gave you the idea to do that, or what hipped you to this whole issue of Islam in the West geopolitic.
Speaker 5: Well, you've covered it and as I mentioned before, you did a fourth hour on Lord Valdemort's programs.
Speaker 4: It was I thought it was great. It was so succinct.
Speaker 5: It was just point by point by point, and it's something that I've never covered on my channel, and it's not something that I've delve into much. So I'm excited to cover it with you because I know you have been covering it for a while and if you have any specific articles or anything to read in preparation. I'd love to kind of grab a hold of that because it's becoming very obvious about the Red Green Alliance, you know how global communism, if you want to coll that globalism, the centralization of power is utilizing utilizing the dialectic of Islam in the West, and it I mean, it's with anybody who has the eyes open to see, it's quite clear that that's happening. So you've covered that, and I mentioned that to you, and then the fact that I was kind of looking for new stream topics and somebody brought that up.
Speaker 3: So I'd love one article I would recommend every body that's very insightful that was actually pulled down from a very prominent formerly. I don't know if this website is still love, but there used to be a pretty well known kind of left oriented critical of the CIA. Website was very useful though, because they had a lot of great articles are called CounterPunch, So CounterPunch was very useful for many years. They used to have a lot of great pieces of critique in Brazenski and people like that. The neocons, I don't agree obviously with every take that CounterPunch had. I don't know if it's still around, but there was a great article that was off that was pulled because it was so controversial. You can still find it though on academic dot eedu and it's called Shills, Spooks and soufis the case of the Maria Mariami Mariamiya. Here's the article here. It's not very long, but I do recommend people will go take a look at that because it's just one article that's an insight, a window into particularly the usage of Sufis by Western intelligence. There's obviously a lot more Muslim Brotherhood has a much longer attachment to British intelligence than Soupe's per se. But that's that's one window into this this stuff. That's a good article.
Speaker 4: I just found it. Yeah, I'm downloading that pdf. I'll read that. Awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So we'll figure that out maybe in like two or three weeks. We'll set a date for that. But the next week we'll do a part two regarding some of these TikTok deconstructionists, and so we'll address a lot of the religious contentions. And and again they pull from what I found. They reference a lot of sort of rabbinic interpretation of Old Testament text to reject the Messianic prophecies of Christ. They tend to reject the existence of the Holy Trinity as being scripturally justified.
Speaker 4: And then they pull from these.
Speaker 7: Reddit level is it like reddit level stuff about God's mean and stuff. Yeah, that's basically it. And and they I wrote down four that I found multiple times, and that's the Great Flood, the attacking the youth, and four kingdoms or second kings, depending on what Bible you have, the Canaanites punishing Israel, and then Israel destroying the Canaanites. Those four instances I found multiple people on TikTok referencing as oh, the old old tea God is He's mean and nasty and vengeful. And yeah, a lot of them take like a sort of Marcian I yeah, the scripture.
Speaker 3: And I'm able to we can address those very easily. So yeah, looking forward to that. Hey, thank you so much. Man, be everybody in the chat. We got up to a thousand to day. Glad to hear it. I'll be sure and follow. We mentioned Rob Bell earlier there, Cindy, we should actually do maybe more of a deep dive on people like Rob Bell. And the Emergent Church Founders. But I'll be sure and follow Church Eternal Logos David Patrick carry over at his channel. I've got him linked and anything else you want to promote before we call it a close.
Speaker 5: No, just go check out my YouTube channel, Church of the Eternal Logos dot com. It's hyperlinked in the title here.
Speaker 4: Click that.
Speaker 5: I'll take you over there, give me a sub and check out. Jane and I've done multiple streams. Each one is a totally different topic. We've done Circularity in philosophy, deconstructing the Vatican and the evils of the Pope, the papacy. We have one on Protestantism that has been shared a lot of times as one of my more watched videos. So looking forward to whenever we can get together. It's always great content.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, thank you very much. And I, guys, I want to remind you too. I will be over at the comedy event. It's a two day comedy event. They still haven't people asked me what day are you there? They haven't done the lineup yet, so I don't know exactly which day it is, but it's Brohemian Grove and so Elijah Shafer's Elijah Shafer is going to be there. Maybe Shane Cashman will be there. We had a great chat the other day over in his podcast from Tim Cast. Who else is Leonarda Joni the comedian. She's going to be there. A lot of people are going to be there. They're trying to, I think, secure more and more and more people to come for sure.
Speaker 4: Is that in Florida.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 3: It's in Florida, number twenty fifth and twenty six and so here is the link to that for those that are interested. I'm gonna be doing I'll be going on the different podcasts, and people want to come and talk to me, they can, But I'm not gonna be doing a talk on anything serious. It's gonna be all just totally for my vantage point fun. I'm gonna be doing some karaoke. I'm gonna be performing Cringe Corp Live. So it's gonna be a fun. It's more of a comedy event for me. But I will have books and I will have you know, be doing interviews and so forth. So if you want to come get signed books, you can and that will be October twenty fifth and twenty sixth in summer summer Field, Florida, anyway, the link is there anyway, Thank you very much, Kotel