Speaker 1: Today, I want to tell you about a journey that I've been on for most of my life. Ever since I was a kid, I've heard tales of Bigfoot and wild men while spending time with my friends and family. As I grew older and read more about the paranormal, my interest in encryptids and other things strange only deepened. That's why I'm so excited to share with you what I've personally become involved with the Untold Radio Network. The Untold Radio Network is a live streaming podcast network that airs a new show every day across all podcast platforms, YouTube, and more. They have eight different shows on all sorts of exciting topics such as bigfoot, cryptids, UFOs, aliens, and much more. I even have my own show called Weird Encounters, where I talk about all things strange. This is more than just a podcast network. It's a community that allows me to meet so many amazing people who share their stories and experiences with strange. If you're interested in hearing more of these stories and learning more about the paranormal encryptids, make sure you check out the Untold Radio Network for all kinds of exciting shows. It's free to subscribe. So what are you waiting for visit www dot untold radionetwork dot com today.
Speaker 2: Now, what are your reporting? I got a screen going on here. Something just kid with my dog, something to kill your dog? My dog. We're flying through there over the tree. I don't know how it did it? Okay, damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence, and name was dead once you hit the ground. I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Sat, what are you reporting? We got some wonder or something crawling around out here? Did you see what it was? It was enough out here. Look, I'm new to one going now and I don't need anything. I don't want to go outside. Just fit Hello, hit the fuddy out here? What quent on out there? I thought of a bit of about text foot nine. I don't know. Easy ann ount there. Yeah, I'm working right, heady, all.
Speaker 1: Right, folks, Someone will welcome my guest to the show. It is justin from Texas. Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 3: Hey, thank you, Brian. I appreciate it's an honor of privilege to be here. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I have been looking forward to this conversation. I love fellow authors who write books on this subject. I've got two books out on the subject myself. We'll certainly get into your book here in a little bit, but let's start with where I start with most people. What got you interested in the subject of bankfoot to begin with?
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'm a skeptic by nature. I'm also an author and researcher. I've written twelve books too that reused at the collegiate levels. First and foremost, I'll tell everyone I'm not necessarily a bigfoot guide. I'm not that bigfoot guy that goes to conferences and shows off my footcast and all that stuff. I got into it because I had an experience when I was haul hunting in Arkansas in two thousand and one. I'm a highly skeptical person. Born in the show Me State, Missouri. My family's all law enforcement and military. I was always in survival, always into hunting fishing when I was young, just because we were four, we used it to supplement our table. But in two thousand and one, I was doing a solo boar hunt. I was deep in the Arkansas Wash Guitaals. I was off grid, I was off trail and off the map. I had set up my lean too because I love to go primitive camping. I have a YouTube channel where we do survival stuff. I have my lean too with cordage, pine and a tar. Really just enough to keep the do off of me, bugs out of my face. It's what I like to do. So no ten, no backup, just me and whatever else was in the wood fits me. I'm gonna get a little bit of background because I think it ties into the story. So I was hog hunting. I had a six hour P two two nine that was one of my favorite pistols at the time. It was forty Smith and Wesson, and I had some solid copper lee high defense rounds in it. You may or may not know what. Bores can get very aggressive if you shoot them they're close by, they can charge, they can gore you with their tusks. I had the solid copper rounds because let's design to penetrate deeply. I had thirteen rounds in it, twelve and the MAGA one of the pipe, and then in my shelter. My primary hunting rifle was a PTR ninety one, which it's an HKG three clone in three oh eight or seven point sixty two by fifty one. That was what I was hunting hogs with over the particular weekend. It holds twenty rounds. Some laying there the fires died down. I'm half asleep, and I remember it was one forty seven am. I distinctly remember that because I checked my watch at the time. The night was real quiet. Then I heard a wet, low huff just beyond the tree line. It was loud enough that it startled me awake. Again. I've been in the woods and in jungles in Asia my whole life. I've heard deer bucks will snort, had possums that hiss at me, coyotes that walk under me. So I'm very familiar, especially in the lower part of America. I haven't been to last yet, but I'm very familiar with the animal noises. It was a different animal noise, so it caught my attention, and I knew it wasn't grumble of a bear either. It was more like deliberate and I set up. I put my boots on, I grabbed my flashlight, and of course I touched my side and make sure my pistol is still there. And I stepped outside, and again it was really quiet that night. I remember really not much wind, no bugs, no sound. You know how you can feel when something's staring at you. You ever get that feeling where something is like really looking at you hard, You feel a little uneasiness, You feel that the hair is on the back of your neck. Stand up. I felt that, and I'm looking around. Then the brush literally the term I used for it is exploded. So this thing didn't ease its way out. It just tore out of the forest like it had been waiting for me to move. Branches were cracking, the undergrowth was flattened, and now I recognize that I think it was basically a bluff charge. It was tall, it was eight feet probably, I would say at least and why shoulders like oiled drones and arm that hung almost to its knees. The hair wasn't really smooth like the deer's. It was matted and thick, wet, and faces clumped with dirt. God knows what else. Its face wasn't really a face of an ape, wasn't a face of a man. To me, it looked like something in between, something primate that maybe was mixed with Neanderthal. Had a flat, broad nose, heavy brow. I saw it. I frunz for just a split second, and then my body reacted. I dove into the brush by my little camp there, scrambling my elbows belly into the brush. I remember the worms were ripping my arms. I didn't really care. I was scared from this thing, obviously. I just laid there and watched. And then it stepped into the camp, closer to the fire bed. I remember it was breathing like a boy. It was breathing heavy. I could see its chest moving. Then it snipped the air, tilted its head back. I've told other interviewers it looked like it could separate every molecule from the air. It was searching, sensing, and then it turned its head towards me. Of course, it didn't have really much of the neck. It turned its upper body with it, and I saw its eyes, and that was when I recognize. And I know a lot of people that see these creatures say that their eyes were glowing. I did not notice that. I just noticed that its eyes didn't look like a typical animal's eyes. They looked cold and focused and intelligent, something that's more aware, something thinking. When it saw me, that's when Iran, I'm a big guy, I'm six feet tall, two hundred and seventy five pounds. It screamed, and the stream was like something I haven't ever heard before. Wasn't anything I've ever heard in the woods before. It was low, troaty, and violent. I could feel it in my chest, vibrating my body. I learned like about infrasound. Maybe it was that I had just never experienced it before. I know tigers do it and elephants can do it. I believe that this thing can do it too. When it it streamed, my blood rain and cold, it felt like terror erupted from me. I had cold water splash through me, and I just kept running, tearing through the brush like a wild day, bleeding and tripping, not caring, just moving, just fleet. I had a pistol on my side, but the thing was so big. I thought, Man, if I shoot that thing with my pistol, am I gonna stop at her? Is It's still gonna have the energy and strength to kill me. That wasn't an option. It wasn't an option for me to try to run or move past it, to get to my lean, to get my rifle. I didn't think about any of that, really, I just thought about escaping so I'm running. I didn't really think it was me because I couldn't hear it chasing me, but I knew it could have chased me and caught me. So by dawn I collapsed and I was sitting in a dry creek bed. I gotten against the wall of the creek bed, basically trying to hide there and catch my breath and everything. Then when the sun came up, I went back in cautiously slowly, and I grabbed my rifle and packed up everything else that I could, and I loved. I remember going back into that camp. There was a horrible smell there rot, wet fur, old blood. It smelled like dirty and mixed with garbage. I've seen dead bodies before. It was worse than the smell of a dead body, at least for me. The smell was in that area, hanging in the air, stuck on my gear, my backpack and everything. That was my last time that I went into the washitalls. I never went back hunting, bore or anything again. In that air, I knew it saw me, I knew it smelled me, and I knew it let me go again. I'm pretty skeptical in general, but I saw something that night, and it hasn't left me. Since some people laugh about Bigfoot. They treated like a meme where they make a joke about it. There's a lot of funny, silly movies out about it here in Henderson's or whatever. But what I saw that night wasn't a joke. It was something that I know could have ribbed me apart if it wanted to.
Speaker 1: Is that the only experience you've had with them?
Speaker 3: No, I've done excursions in lots of different places Missouri, Mark Twain National Forest to Shawnee National Forest in Illinois, because I traveled for my work. I've been in Washington. I've been several places, and I've done gifting rocks, and I've left jars up in trees where you would need to unscrew the jar. I've left food and peanut butter in those, and I've seen the pinking type of thing. But the only time that I was ever really a direct kind of confrontation was this time. That was enough for me to realize, Hey, this isn't phony belonging. There's something out there for sure. I know we can talk about the book later, but I've gotten a bad review because all of my skepticism cynicism, all of that stuff I tried to put into the book. I think this particular gentleman had read the first chapter and decided to leave me a one star review, and then he said, I can't read anymore because the first chapter I say something like people that believe in big Twitter idiots, because that was my opinion on it before all this, before I started researching it. So that's what I do if I get passionate about a topic, because I enjoy writing, number research, or I even research for big Fortune one hundred companies. When I start to get passionate about something, that's what I do. I have been to it. So since two thousand and one dove into the subject of big Foot in Sasquatch, let's talk a little.
Speaker 1: Bit about prior to your experience two thousand and one. We're talking twenty four years ago at this point, where were you on the subject before you had this experience where you saw this creature? Was it even on your radar? Was it something that you scoffed at? Had you seen the Patterson Gimlin film.
Speaker 3: Yes, I had seen all of that. I love all those crazy duck and dramas and series I loved watching all that stuff. But I was a strong skeptic. I had uncles that would tell me things. One uncle in particular, the wild Guy. He was a gold prospector. He was a ranger, and he would come around maybe once every six months and tell us all crazy stories. He was definitely a believer. I think my dad was a believer, but I was a diehard skeptic. I scoffed and laughed at people met your mind, playing tricks on you. You're just not come for boy in the woods. The woods can be spooky, it's foreign for modern Humlans. I was more along those lines, I think, than a believer.
Speaker 1: It's interesting when you were telling your encounter story before you saw this thing. I had something very similar happened to me when I was twelve in the North Georgia Mountains. Sounded very much like a huffing, growling sound moving around in the underbrush, and then what sounded like a bluff charge. But I never got to see this thing. It never would step out where I could see it, probably fortunately for me, because I don't know that I could have handled that. I didn't have the intestinal fortitude at twelve years old. I don't think to handle that it would have been tough for me. It scarred me for a long time. It kept me out of the woods for probably a year or more. When I was a kid and I loved the woods. It was my escape. So it kept me out of the woods and I didn't even see it. So that tends to do one of two things for people. When you have an encounter where you see these things, particularly as close as you were in that kind of situation, it either sends you down the road of oh shit, I'm done with that. I don't want to have anything to do with that, or you're going to start looking into it and researching it. What did that look like for you after your encounter with this thing? Did that start for you immediately? Did you go down the rabbit hole and start looking into stories? How did you approach the research? And we can move on into obviously you went on to write the book. Sure, what was that process like for you? And stay tuned for more Sasquatch out to see We'll be right back. After these messages.
Speaker 3: I think I was in a state of somewhat disbelief. My raps frum mind was trying to rationalize every which way that I could, and I haven't shared these stories really before with anyone to tell this book. I was just looking into everything and looking into windygos and Native American of folklore legends and reading books and watching every movie and show that I could about. This just came to the realization obviously it was real. That was really it for me. At the time, You're thinking, did I really see that? Did that really happen? Could that have been a bear? Was it someone playing a prank on me? Again? I beer hunted, a boar, hunted, a turkey, hunted all my life. I've been in and around the woods, just like you. It's relaxing for me. I've slept in trees before. I'm very comfortable there and comfortable with what I'd run into. The experience was not like that. So then I had to come to the realization, yes it happened, it's real. Because I have a very curious mind. And then I got into what the heck was that I knew what I thought it was based on shows and books talking to people. That's when I really got into the research aspect of it to start to study it. But if you're like me, something strange happened, you really rack your brain to try to disprove it to yourself. No, it had to be something else because they don't exist.
Speaker 1: I am literally right there with you. Last summer out filming a documentary out in the Pacific Northwest and Washington State. We were in the area. I don't know if you're familiar with the Olympic Project and the Olympic Project nest site. We set up in their home base as base camp for us while we were in this area, and we went out and I had three sidings of these things in two days. I'm still wrapping my brain around and trying to rationalize what I saw. One of them was a daylight siding one of these things peaking around a tree, and I was within ten feet of one of them at one point during a night hike. So I'm still trying to rationalize that. I think one of the things that's really hampered me is I've also been under an NDA because of this project. The documentary is still not out, but we can at least now talk about our experiences, and we've done that on multiple shows. On my show. I've been guessed on another podcases and shared it. But I'm still wrapping my brain around it. And I've done the same thing that you've done is try to rationalize. I tried to Okham's razor my way out of having these three encounters that I had in two days. Maybe it was a squirrel going around a tree that looked like this thing peeking around from seventy yards away, and maybe it was something else, But there's no denying being ten feet away from this thing. There's only one thing it could be. So I've accepted that, but it's still very difficult for me, this weird dichotomy, because I am so skeptical of just about everything when it comes to bigfoot. People say, how can you have these encounters and still be so skeptical. I don't know. That's just how I'm wired. I think you have to be skeptical when it comes to this stuff, because if you don't, you buy every piece of Paridulia, every red circle squatch, there is every piece of audio that somebody's pulled off the Internet and dubbed over a video. So I'm very skeptical in that sense of it. I'm no longer skeptical hundred percent know where that these things are real, because I've seen them. But you do beat yourself up, and I think that goes with the territory. There's a lot of people. I'm six hundred plus episodes into this podcast, I've heard a lot of encounter stories. Are they all true? Probably not. Let's just be honest. We got to be intellectually honest about this. People like to make up things, they like to be a part of the crowd. But by and large, the majority of these stories I think that we here are true, and I think these people that have legitimate encounters beat themselves up over it and try to rationalize it away, and it just doesn't work. It drives a lot of people crazy in a lot of ways. Anybody who's had an encounter that's face to face with one of these things handles it differently. You chose to go into and write a book, which I eventually did a couple of years ago myself. I published my first book two years ago and the latest one came out just this year. The first one was a fact based book. It was nonfiction. It was a out my story as a kid. It goes into a lot of the science and the history of these things. Then the other one was a fictional life story that I did last year. What was the process like for you writing the book, How did you want to approach it? Did it change when you got into the process. Let's talk about some of the things that you cover in the book and how that skepticism marries in with the fact that you've had an encounter with these things and you know that they exist.
Speaker 3: So in the book, I don't try to lead anyone to any specific conclusions. The book isn't to make people think like I do or believe in what I believe. It's more of this is a scientific research method. We should approach everything with a curious and scientific, fact based approach. I have a lot of folklore in there. I've met with different people, including some tribal elders. I've gotten their input on that, a lot of eyewitness interviews and testimonies. I also then share the skeptical point of view for those interviews. So my goal with the book was to finally tell this story and tell about everything that I've researched about this topic, and also to make people think and to start the discussion. Because we can't continue to just turn a blind eye to these things. I think we need to find out more about them. There's a lot of things in our world I believe that we don't know about, we still don't know about when even hard science has issues go back one hundred years. The science that we knew of back then, some of that has been disproven today. So even science doesn't maintain truths throughout its entire existence. That's why I called the book Everything is a Lie and Everything is True the Bigfoot paradox, because depending on your perspective, that's certainly true. But I think when you have folklore, meth spoken word traditions, and cave paintings that is multi generational, right hundreds and arguably thousands of years, that continues to survive and continues to pop its head up, I don't think you can ignore that. You can't ignore that that survives across tribal civilizations, across governments, across countries and continents. There's also a story of a hunt I did in the book in the Philippines for the Omenango, which is their version of Bigfoot. I was going to the Philippines anyway, so I wanted to look for it there as well. I can tell you more about that if you had won. That wasn't the Olmanogo. I had a violent encounter with another supposedly mythical being in the Philippines. I was going to the Philippines to meet a girlfriend that I had met online. I had talked to her for a while. I was going to spend some time with her. I was going to spend about six weeks there. So while I was there, I knew that in Negros Occidental, a region of the Philippines, there's quite a bit of activity with this creature called the Olmanogo. I can speak to dialog, which is a Philippine national language. My ex wife was from the Philippines and my son is a dual citizen with the Philippines in US. So I had gone down there and I had met up with my girlfriend. At the time, I had done research and figured out that there was this creature there called the Olmanogo. I had hooked up with a local guide and I told her, I'm going to be gone for the week. I'm going to go. This guy says that he can show me where this Olmanogo is. My plan was to get photos and things like that. I had already really, you know, had a bunch of notes and cases and things that I was working on for the book research. And of course she thought I was crazy right, But I convinced here, I'll just be gone a week and then I'll be back. So I had met this Rinaldo gentleman who was an Auti tribesman. He spoke a little bit broken English and I speak to Galog. So he had assured me he knew the jungle well and knew where the Amanongo lived, supposedly around Mountconda On. I was in Elo anyway, so I took an ocean jet fury from Elo Elo to Buccalde, which is about a two hour ride on boat. Then I met up with Rinaldo. There's a little local dive establishment there in Buccalode called Tippy's Bistro. I had told him I'd give him three thousand pesos, which is about sixty dollars, if he would show me where the Amanongo lived. So we had started off then into the jungle on her hike. And keep in mind, I'm in the Philippines, so I'm a foreigner there. I don't have anything with me. You can't even have a little pocket knife. I got nothing to protect myself. I'm just depending on this guide. The first couple of days were uneventful. Then a night we'd hear strange noises, and I could tell that Rinaldo was a little unnerved by it. We'd set around the fire. I'm not a heavy drinker, but we'd have a shot or two of tend do I, which is a rum. There we were hearing whoops and things like that. He was getting a little bit more and more uncomfortable, even though he was trying to hide it. But on the morning of the third day, I woke up and Rinaldo was gone. Almost all of my gear was gone. He had left a little not that said I'll just give you the translation. It basically means sorry, I can't take it anymore. Creatures of the forest know why we are here. They're angry. I've left you. It's up to you now. And I was like, holy crap. Because I'm in a foreign country. I'm pretty deep into the jungle now. I didn't have my guide anymore. He's gone, my supplies, had no idea where the Amaongo was, since he had told me it would be like three days to get there. I said, okay, I'm gonna switch from Bigfoot researcher. I'm gonna switch into survival mode. I was alone, no cell phone. I put that on to the side, and I thought about, Okay, how the heck do I get out of here? Alive? Survival training told me to follow a stream. The stream would lead to a river. A river's water leaves the villages. And then I thought, okay, if I find a village there, I'll be saved. So I started doing that. It was getting late at night. I'm exhausted at this point. It's silly, but I have to be jerky. I had trail mix and some dehydrated food bags, all the typical stuff you would take on a three, four or five day excursion. I didn't have any of that. Now that was all gone. I found this small village, kind of tucked away, a couple flickering lamps. This friendly man, I thought he was friendly at the time. He invited me into his shanty. I don't know if you've ever been in the Philippines, Brian, I love the Philippines. Obviously, it was a third world country. His house was strung together bamboo and rusted sheet metal and things. I was happy that I'd run into him. I accepted his hospitality. I got into his house and he was there with his wife there gaunt child, probably no older than twelve, We sat down quietly and they had given me a last of tubo, which is a local wine made on a coconut, and it was super bitter. But that really wasn't what bothered me. That gentleman that I had met. He said he was going to go out back, and that's typically how it works there. So they'll have their het or they're shanty, and then i'm back. They'll have a dirty kitchen or whatever, and it's the fire and ex use me where they do food prep and stuff like that. So I'm drinking this too, but I'm sitting there and I started to feel really strange. My head started spinning. My vision was blurry, and I was thinking, you're just exhausted, you're probably dehygrated. Then it hit me that they had probably put something in my drink. I tried to stand up to shake off the dizziness. That was when the room began to spend. That's when I noticed the kid that was there. His eyes were red, glowing red. He was staring at me like I was a piece of meat basically, and his lips curled back. That's when I saw his dagged teeth. Remember saying, you know what the hell is happening. I'm still trying to stay upright on my feet. I just wanted to get out of there. That was my intention. I had to leave. I had to get out, for it was too late. I went towards the door, which was like a blanket, a piece of cloth over a door openy. As I made for the door, the child growled and jumped onto my back like a wild animal. He was punching and biting and clawing at my face. I've actually got photos of this the aftermath in my book, so I've got that photographic evidence, at least in the book. So he's on my back, and I remember he had put a deep puncture wound under my right eye with his nails. I'd grabbed him back like this. That's when he had bit my arm. He sank his teeth deep into my forearm, and that was probably good that he did that, because that really hurt, and kind of maybe they got the full of adrenaline doped into my body at that point. But I threw him into the wall with all the strength I had. He hits the wall, slid down the wall. My arm was strobbing, and I had blood running down my arm and down my hand. I went back to go to the door. That's when the mother was blocking the door. She's screaming for her husband, who's out back. She screamed it in to goy log, but she basically was saying, Tayan, hurry, our food is escaping. Don't let him get away.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for more Sasquatch out to sea. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: What I tell people, there's movies where you hear like the growling demonic type voice. It's like a growling voice. That's how she sounded. Her eyes were were also going the red the child had recovered. At this point, the walls were closing in. This is really the most traumatic experience that I had. I was desperate. I knew that if I didn't get out of there, I would be dead. She was in my way to the door. I had been viciously attacked by this little skinny kid. So I just kicked her as hard as I could. I kicked her right under the chin. She dropped to the floor, and that was when I worring out the door. I looked back and I saw the husband. He had a bolo machete in his hand, and that's when I realized the oswaan, which is something else that's supposed to be a myth or a legend or folklore in the Philippines about these creatures. Some say they're more like vampires. Some say they're cannibalistic. But I realized they were os and I just ran until I couldn't run anymore, until I couldn't hear their screams, I could tell that they weren't chasing me. I got to barangay hall, which is a local neighborhood or community structure. It's where they have the people that they elect to the barang guy that handle local disputes, things that are local to that area. I got there and collapsed on the door. This man, he's probably in his mid sixties. He came to the door, introduced himself as a barang Guy captain. He helped me inside, got out. His little first aid kid was shaking his head and he said, you're very lucky, Joe. That's pretty common, especially in areas that are super rural areas with very tribal people, if they see a Caucasian person, especially you know, one with a shaved head, they'll call them Joe, like g I Joe or called him an Americano, and it doesn't matter if you're from Canada or France. He called his friend. I was in shock again. He said, you're lucky. Then he told me that his friend will drive me back to the hotel that I needed to rest. I didn't really even register the ride back. Don't even really remember if the guy that gave me a ride in the truck was talking to me or not. My mind just kept replaying the events, thinking what just happened to me. When I got in the hotel, I looked in the mirror, and that's when I grabbed my backup camera and took the photos of my arm and my face and my body that were covered with bites and lacerations. None of the damage was life threatening, but it certainly could have been. It was something that I had significant trauma from it. Nightmares, I was really correct inside and out, and clam works all over my face. I had a deep preparation under my eye where he had tried to take my eye out, blood inside and outside of my mouth from blows punches. The place he bit me on my forearm would take a long time to heal.
Speaker 1: It was that situation that is absolutely batshit crazy. I wasn't expecting that story. Let me ask you this, my cop brain is going to do you think this Ronaldo character set you up by taking you out there and then leaving in the middle of the night with your stuff? Was there some kind of arrangement with these people, maybe that he would bring you you would stumble into their abode so they could attack you. Do you think that's a bridge too far.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's a bridge too far. That maybe he took what he thought was a wealthy foreignerroun into the jungle and decided to take my stuff and leave me there. Like I said, I have a lot of experience with the Philippines. I've been going there for twenty years now, ten fifteen times. My son has a Philippine passport in a US passport, and I speak the language. So what I understand from local people is they definitely believe in the Oswang, but they don't typically help them. It's an understanding that if there's trouble that's in that barangay, that the Aswangs will be blamed. What I've been told is that they're normal, acting looking people during the day, but then as this whatever part of their being takes over then that's when they become more like that. It's pretty common that if chickens or pigs or whatever go missing, that they blame the people that they believe in Oschwang. I think he probably did fully intend to do that. Maybe it was a wild goose chase from the beginning. He definitely took my stuff. I don't know though, if he knew that I would wind up at third place, or if they thought that if some random tourists disappears, it's okay because it's not one of the locals. I don't know about that part. I have people ask me, especially people that are in law enforcement or have been in law enforcement, They're like, why didn't you go to the police. It doesn't work like that in the Philippines. It does not work like that in the Philippines. At best, they would have laughed me off. At worst, they would have believed anybody else that wasn't a foreigner. They wouldn't have believed the four.
Speaker 1: It wasn't going to do that, and I.
Speaker 3: Certainly didn't want to go back to that area to point them out at that point, I just wanted to get back to Elo, get back to say.
Speaker 1: I definitely can't say that I blame you. I don't spend a ton of time in third world countries. I've been to El Salvador in the past. I did some work done there for the State Department back in twenty fourteen. But I have a friend who travels a lot to the Dominican Republic. Some of the stories that Ryan shares with me, it's very similar to the Philippines. It is a different world. You don't just go to the police and explain your situation. It's not like television where they solve it in thirty minutes. It doesn't work that way. Very much like you said, sometimes it's just best to get out and get away with what you have, which is your life, which is the most important thing. This ashlong story brings me to a question that I ask a lot of people, especially somebody who's been into the research, who is a very skeptical person, because I relate to this very much. Where are you on your research with sasquatch, bigfoot being a flesh and blood creature versus some of the high strangeness of the wu Things that tend to happen to people are alleged to happen to people when they're out in the woods looking for these creatures.
Speaker 3: How do you.
Speaker 1: Reconcile that in your brain? Because it's been a tough thing for me talking to so many people, doing so many interviews. I've always been a flesh and blood guy. I think these things are some sort of a rele tomanoid Hamanan, But I've had weird experiences myself. Part of my experience out in the Pacific Northwest last summer was seeing glowing white eyes. We saw two sets of glowing white eyes, and then I see one of these creatures in the flesh seconds later. It wasn't eyeshine, it was self illuminating glowing white eyes, which to me, I consider that to be woo or high strangeness, or at least some sort of superability that these creatures apparently have. How do you reconcile that? How do you approach the difference in the flesh and blood camp versus some of the high strangeness or frankly, just unexplainable things that tend to happen in and around the Bigfoot community.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of that, right. So, I've seen the peaking out from a tree where the tree isn't large enough to fully obscure a creature that big, so that's very difficult. In the book, I talk about that. I talk about maybe this creature, if it is just physical and flesh and blood, maybe it has adaptations like bioluminescence characteristics where its eyes can glow as opposed to just reflective tap at them, lucidum where light reflects off the eyes. Maybe it has some type of cloaking ability, which again bioluminescence and cloaking, those are not unheard of. In the animal kingdom. We know animals that have that, everything from get gos, squids, anglerfish. They recently found out that there's some bioluminous characteristics. I think it was from the flying squirrel under a UV light. These things do exist. I talk about that in the book. But I also talk about theories that they come out of portals and they can disappear from some eyewitness reports, they can lend into the background. There's even some theories that they were protectors from maybe an ancient civilization. Right, I don't know what the right thing is. I really don't. What I wanted to do is I wanted to capture all these things, whether they're transdimensional or interdimensional or it's a physical creature, some species or offshoot of the evolutionary tract that we're just not familiar of, that maybe has these special abilities, maybe cloaking, er camouflage, or bioluminescence with the eyes. I wanted to document all of that in the book. Well, even if they're supernatural, there's some tribes that believe that they are protectors of the woods and forest and sacred lands, and they are partially supernatural in origin. I don't have those answers. I would love to have those answers, but I don't have that.
Speaker 1: I'm right there with you. That's what keeps me coming back to the well, sliding down the rabbit hole is those unanswered questions, because once you answer the question, very much like you did in two thousand and one and I did last summer, when the question is no longer do they exist, I am completely in the nowhere camp at this point. So now I'm obsessed with what are they? What can they do? And this is something that we've talked about multiple times on that Bigfoot podcast, one of my other shows, and this show in the past as well, is these creatures seem to be the quintessential anomaly in the natural kingdom. They are the biggest, fastest, baddest, quietest, They're the est of everything that they could be, and that is just something that doesn't exist. It's like comparing an animal like a cheetah to an elephant, for example. There's no comparison when it comes to size and strength of an animal like an elephant versus a cheetah, But a cheetah is one of the fastest, if not the fastest, animal on Earth. An elephant lumbers along right, but sasquatch seems to have all of the above. It's literally the Superman of all animals. If you listen to the anecdotal accounts that people give, the experiences and the encounters that they have with them. They sneak up on you. They're eight feet tall, they're four feet wide, there are a thousand pounds, but they don't break a twig when they sneak up on you. If they don't want you to know they're there, then when they leave the scene, they're the fastest thing in the world. They run faster, they disappear into the night.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it doesn't even look like they're moving with their legs. It looks like they're blighting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and none of that makes sense to me. So these creatures, if they are simply flesh and blood, we've got to find one and figure this out, because it's certainly going to take a specimen to convince science that these things are real, then to be able to figure these things out. Those are the kind of questions that I am now trying to answer for myself and for people that listen to the shows that I do. So the question for me is different. I'm no longer big into the evidence. I like to see pictures, I like to see photos, but really it doesn't mean shit to me. They're not going to be discovered because of a video and or a photo. If that were going to be the case, the Patterson Gimblin film would have sealed the deal back in sixty seven. I just don't think that's going to happen. I'm searching for what these things are, why we don't know more about them, and why they only seem to show themselves to certain people. There are people Peter Burn comes to mind, one of the four horsemen of Sasquatchery. Peter passed away a couple of years ago. I think I was the last person to interview him. Before he passed away, he'd been in the woods on multiple continents looking for these things for sixty years. I don't even think Peter ever even found a footprint on his own. He responded to areas where other people found footprints, but he never found one of his own. Then you have people who had multiple experienceperiences like me. I went out and had three sightings in two days. That does not make sense to me in my brain. That's what keeps me coming back to the well, wondering if there is something more to these creatures. I don't subscribe to some people say they show themselves to people that they want to see them. To me, that's a little bit too wu It's a little too high strangeness for me. But I'm open to it at least because looking at it from the conventional approach, the scientific approach that we have taken. I say we that a lot of people have taken in this search over the last fifty years or so, we're no farther down the field than we were fifty years ago. In my opinion, I'm glad that there are other people like you that are looking at both sides of this. Putting that out in a book for people to read and digest that information, because I think it's important to have that grounding in something that people can go to and figure this out, or at least try to help us figure it out and stay tuned for more sasquatch out to sea. We'll be right back after these messages. I don't know that we ever will, at least in my life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if it is a flesh and blood creature, it will be the most unique and earth shattering probably that we've ever discovered on our planet. What is going to help with this? I work in it. I'm a doubly I'm an electrical engineer, so I think what is going to help is going to be drone and robotic technology. If you could have something out there that would maintain a presence, something that charged itself by solar, that was quiet, that could take on the smells of the environment, I think eventually that will help. But again, if these things can just I think minimally, there are the special forces wrapped in Native American hunter. They're the masters of their environment, which is going to add to the complexity of trying to locate something like that. I think really that's our best and greatest chance for this, but even then may not happen. I just know that there is something out there. It's something that we don't understand. I've looked into the eyes of people that I've interviewed, and I'm a good judge of character. I'm trained. As part of my job, I facilitate things that I'm trained to read people. I can tell that a lot of these folks are telling the truth. They believe this, they believe that they've seen it, They've experienced these things. This isn't made up. They're not trying to promote themselves. They're not trying to get limelight. Sometimes they're ashamed and afraid to tell these things. There's something there. I've seen it with my own eyes. It's definitely there.
Speaker 1: We've talked a lot about it. Before we get out of here. Give us the best elevator pitch for your book. Tell everybody where's the best place that they can go and pick it up.
Speaker 3: If you want a book that at least tries to look at all the angles for my witness accounts to folklore, to historical sightings, to debunking certain myths, that talks about exercises you can do to become more in tuned and at peace in the wilderness. You may be able to attract these things. If you want to see both sides the argument, see that weight against science and weight against natural law and examples. Pick up this book. There's plenty of stuff in there that is going to talk directly to believers and knowers. There's also plenty of things in there that are going to talk to skeptics. My whole concept was not to make anyone believe a certain way, but really just to lay it all out. Everything is a lie and everything is true and let that discussion, that debate kick off between people. So pick it up. It's good for both believers and skeptics.
Speaker 1: The book is called The Bigfoot Paradox Everything Is a Lie and Everything Is True by Justin McNeil. I will have a link right here in the show notes. All you got to do is click the link and go pick up your copy now. Justin thanks so much for coming on and sharing your experiences and talk about the book.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I've had a blast talking.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Brian. This has been a lot of fun. I hope we run into each other in real life one of these days. It'd be great to meet you firston.
Speaker 1: You never know I'm always lurking somewhere as.
Speaker 3: Long as your eyes though turn red, man, because then I'm out of there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is some shit, man. I was not expecting that story. That was an unexpected gem. For sure.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it, man, Thank you. They say you don't gotta go home, but you.
Speaker 1: Can't stay and I don't want to be alone.
Speaker 4: World open inside inside, chart this chart, that chart. Everything came right back, right back, Joy for me, Joy stay right there, come in right away.
Speaker 5: Sissie still started said sass inside side inside and stars still sass basingsteads us states things things
Speaker 4: James James