Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up news didn't need advice.
Speaker 2: So you don't have.
Speaker 1: Come running.
Speaker 3: Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 4: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino.
Speaker 5: Shallow, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven won three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: Mark is at the mother Ship.
Speaker 5: I am in Studio Martino Casa, and uh, it's been a.
Speaker 6: Interesting two weeks.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna be labor you with all the details, but I had major surgery two weeks ago to the day, so that was Monday, two weeks ago, and it was called the whipple. And what they do is they remove The goal is to remove cancer from the pancreas. Successful whipples are plentiful, but survival is not because most of the time, unfortunately, the tumors are spread. This cancer spreads, and I was one of the fortunate. I'm told it's a three percent. What I had was a diagnosis that happens three percent of the time. And I feel for you, guys, if someone in your family or friends circle got a diagnosis for pancratic cancer, and I feel for you because very very rare to get what's called if it can be called a good diagnosis, right, So that's it. I just wanted to say, I'm going to come in. I'm going to ease in. And Mark's been doing a great job. I appreciate it. We've been in touch. Let me just transition to a better shot.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 6: I'll do the side by side.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 6: We are so welcome people, and let's call.
Speaker 5: Let's go to the phones and solve problems, to answer question take complaints. Mark any particular problems, questions or complaints stick out in you in your mind. Oh, we had a very interesting one Friday with a company called Shamrock. In fact, a guy emailed me during the weekend. He was pretty perturbed at Dimitri and myself. He didn't think we gave him a I don't know, maybe he wants to say a fair time. But we tried to reach out to the guy.
Speaker 8: He didn't want to come on air, he didn't want to share that much information.
Speaker 6: But here's what happened.
Speaker 8: Apparently, according to the caller, at least they sold him this building.
Speaker 6: He thought it was going to be all metal.
Speaker 8: In fact, he even Tom had a witness call up that was apparently there at the same time as this guy was the caller Robert with the salesman, and apparently Robert showed him the existing car port and it had wood beams that were riding, and he said, i'd don't want wood. I want to make sure it's all metal. But the contract that he signed in the fifteen thousand dollars down does not specify any material. It doesn't even specify hey or cement or wood or steal. When he finally got the building plans, the building plans showed the wood, so he called up and said, hey, I want it all steal. I told your sales guy that. And by the way, I don't think that sales guy is with the company anymore. And they said, well, that would be twenty thousand more. He goes, well, I don't want to spend that much, so please just refund the fifteen thousand. They made an offer of somewhere around seven or eight thousand to return. But then the guy basically came on glued in emails saying how unfair we were talking about him, and I tried to explain to him, you know what, I can have an opinion, Tom can have an opinion. Dmitri can have an opinion. We tried to reach out for him, but I feel two different ways on it. One, the guy did sign a contract, but how in big you is it when you sign a contract for a building and it doesn't even state what it's made out of.
Speaker 6: What is your thoughts on? Yeah?
Speaker 5: But if you okay, we have a number of issues. First of all, on the surface, the company did nothing wrong. They have a contract, they signed it, they're ready to deliver. He doesn't want to go through with it because he says it's not what he wanted. This is where every problem, This is where every problem takes a leap from logic, and that is this I call it. I made it clear. We hear people say, well, when I bought this car, I made it clear that I was going to use it every day for commuting, or I made it clear that it had to fit a wheelchair, or I made it clear that.
Speaker 6: It has to get good gas milage.
Speaker 5: And then when it comes to this thing, I made it clear I wanted no wood. And they make it clear everywhere except in the contract. Here's the problem. Most of the time, and I mean most of the time, when you have a contract, the contract rules, the promise is made outside the contract fall into a couple categories. One would be fraud in the inducement. That means that they purposely committed fraud to get you to sign it, and by doing that they misled you. And if you can prove it, you could have a case. But I don't think this rises to a level of fraud. I don't think any of us think that.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And the other one would be just a plain mistake.
Speaker 8: Well, first about the ambiguity here, though, you sign a contract for I don't know, a carport.
Speaker 6: Let's just take it.
Speaker 8: And apparently the salesperson told you it was going to be all metal, and the contract you actually sign apparently doesn't have any materials listed whatsoever.
Speaker 5: Right, But that's not ambiguous. That's not ambiguous here. Ambiguous would be ambiguous means you make it hard to understand, or it's hidden in there. See it never addressed the materials, so it's not ambiguous. In fact, the contract is u clear. You're buying a building, we're supplying the building. Here's the price. Ambiguous would be if it said on all steel sheeted building, and and and and outline things and purposely wrote around or tried to trick them into not asking about the beams. It becomes ambiguous, meaning that a common person reading that contract would not have a clear understanding that it's what it is. This is very clear, it's just that it doesn't include what he claims. He made it clear, he made it clear he wanted all metal and and all they have to say is they built well it. You know, technically it has to be up to the community standards, you know, building department standards, and that's all they have to do. Okay, it's both companies. It's both parties problem that it's not spelled out, because you're right, Mark, they could build it out of Tubai fource and say here's your building. But the fact that it doesn't specify the details is not all on the company.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that guy.
Speaker 5: Could have looked at the contract and said, wait a minute, what about my windows or what about my this?
Speaker 6: Or what about that? The other thing?
Speaker 8: He could have looked at his shock. He could have looked at SHAMROCK's website and I even went into the way back machine to make sure they hadn't changed it recently. But it pretty much is very clear on their front page they build cleary buildings that are wood based or not wood based.
Speaker 6: But wood poles.
Speaker 5: No, the big the big beams and poles are wood, and then the rest of the building is steel, and personally, that's all you need for a residence. I mean, I don't know why he thinks that once again.
Speaker 8: Once again though according to him, the reason he wanted all steel and showed the guy, or apparently showed the guy is because the wood rotted out on his existing garage and that's why he needed at a new one.
Speaker 6: And wood is not going to rot out on a Cleary building.
Speaker 5: These are pressure treated timbers and they are absolutely almost indestructible. And you know, wood is much cheaper, less expensive, just as strong when done properly. I love wood structures within, But you know, I think sometimes people get steel because they think they need it, and sometimes they don't need it. I mean, that building, if he gets that building as specified for the price specified.
Speaker 6: It'll give him dozens and probably outlive him.
Speaker 5: And there would be you know, so if he ever did get rot it would be in another century.
Speaker 6: I mean, they're.
Speaker 5: Truly state of the art pressure treated timbers, and Cleary uses them. I think Morton uses them, and a bunch of others they did they do the frame in the wood and then they do the sheathing and the roof with that. And when I had mine done, I had the sheathing done inside and out, so it was really a beautiful wall. It's a beautiful building. Now, as far as as far as specifications, I want to know, Dmitri and Doc, if you guys were I want to know the truth. If you were presented a contract like that, try to really reach into, like you not knowing what happened here, would you notice that the materials were not specified? Would you notice that if it just says eighty by eighty building or whatever he's getting. And Mark, what does it say about the building? I mean you had you read that contract several times. What does it actually say? What does it say?
Speaker 6: Dmitrie? Honestly, Tom, I did not read it.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I did get a copy of the contract, Tom, and I'm going to open it up right now and take a look at it.
Speaker 9: I can tell you right off the back.
Speaker 8: I'd like to know.
Speaker 5: I'd like to know everyone's opinion on whether this guy was was mislet or not. It doesn't sound it's like he was the problem is, we're missing the salesman in all of this.
Speaker 6: So I don't even know if he was misled by the salesman.
Speaker 8: And even if he was misled by the salesman, that doesn't necessarily mean that the company knew the salesman was doing that.
Speaker 6: I'm all right, said I didn't know.
Speaker 11: When it comes to real estate, it's only what's written, not what's verbalized.
Speaker 6: This is in building.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, this I think this would be outside of real estate. What Doc is alluding to is yest law says nothing verbal can be enforced. Now, John, real quick here, let's get started on your problem.
Speaker 6: We'll come back to you.
Speaker 5: You have a ninety am I reading this correctly, a nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 6: Cadillac El Dorado. Oh lord is it John?
Speaker 9: John?
Speaker 6: Is he there? What there?
Speaker 9: You go?
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 5: Talk to me about talk to me about your car.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 6: Okay, we're having a problem. Let's try him. Yeah, we'll try.
Speaker 5: To connect with him after the break. If he wakes up. I'm Tom Martine. More coming up. Don't forget this.
Speaker 6: Hour brought you by waterpros dot net.
Speaker 5: The best water systems, the lowest prices.
Speaker 6: Anywhere.
Speaker 5: You want to talk health, You're you're eating right, you're trying to do things right. Get your water straight eleven ninety five. I think for reverse osmosis at the kitchen sink, the cheapest and best water system you ever get whole house systems at around thirty nine hundred bucks, unbelievable quality and the lowest prices anywhere. Waterpros dot net. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So I have up for those streaming a diagram of before and after surgery of what what they do during this procedure.
Speaker 6: Listen.
Speaker 5: I don't want to make light of it. There are people every day being diagnosed with cancer. What amazes me more than anything in the world, is how people dedicate themselves to that part of medicine you would think would be depressing and just oncology they call it. And there are so many dedicated people and they say they they don't get discouraged. I mean they they just love fighting, and uh, that's why they do it. And I want to thank everyone at UC health. So I'm not, as I said, I don't want to belabor it, but if you ever had any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. A lot of people want to know why and what happened, and all it was is just a diagnosis. I mean, I was starting to turn yellow and my bio duct was being blocked and they told me, right then and there, you have a mass on your pancreas. It's a tumor, most likely pancreatic cancer. And they even went so far as to say, you know, you might want I mean, I don't know why they did so prematurely, but they did.
Speaker 6: It wasn't U see health.
Speaker 5: It was another er that said you might want to call your family and make arrangements.
Speaker 6: And I was thinking, holy crap, this was so serious and it was.
Speaker 5: But I luckily doc will tell you how rare this is. But the cancer was isolated, it was encapsulated in blood vessels. It did not spread anywhere nowhere, zero spread. So it was totally operable. And after five sessions of chemo it even shrunk more. And then they removed it and did what was called the Whipple procedure, which basically just takes out a big section of your gut, so so they get it all and then they test as they go and declared me cancer free. And we've been living this since privately, the US, the staff, and the Troubleshooter family, like since New Years.
Speaker 6: So I'm back now.
Speaker 5: I'm going to take havingn abbreviated schedule for a little while because I'm told i'm supposed to. I am healing rapidly, and I thank my family history for that. I just wanted to get that out of the way. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them too. If and here's another thing, if you have people going through cancer, or if you're going through cancer, you can write to us help at troubleshooter dot com.
Speaker 6: That's the email, and I will answer each and every one of you.
Speaker 5: I promise you you can also leave a text at my number seven four seven nine eighty.
Speaker 6: That is a Google number that goes right to my my cell phone.
Speaker 5: I will get your text if you have any questions or you know.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying it.
Speaker 5: I'm like this experienced veteran, but I went through a lot and can help you out if you're just facing a dire diagnosis. Anyway, let's talk to well did he go away? The other guy? The other guy went away? So let's talk to John. Oh no, John, twenty fourteen Dodge Ram talk.
Speaker 12: To us, John, Yes, I bought a forty fourteen Dodge Ram used last year from Brighton Ford, Okay, and I bought it for it it was twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 13: I put it down on it, I bought it. I financed the rest of it. But I bought a warranty package with it.
Speaker 6: Now, what kind of warranty package?
Speaker 13: A full A nine five full bumper bumper three years unlimited marriage. Oh wow, three year warranty bumper to bumper unlimited marriage.
Speaker 14: Wow?
Speaker 6: Okay? How much was it?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 2: It was? Uh?
Speaker 15: And they added like one hundred and fifty one hundred and forty dollars to.
Speaker 13: My to my payment of my truck. Wow, they had one month so for five.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, if it listen, if it truly is a three year unlimited mileage, that is amazing, my friend, amazing.
Speaker 13: That's say that.
Speaker 15: Says it right on the contract.
Speaker 6: Okay, Hey, what's the name?
Speaker 9: What happened?
Speaker 6: You can look it up?
Speaker 8: What is it called line five?
Speaker 6: It's it's called line five.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's it's that's that's what that's the name of it.
Speaker 6: That's the thing I found it.
Speaker 5: Going on with the story, yeah, keep going with your story, sir.
Speaker 13: So the very first year I paid the truck off, I went to the bank and I said how much to pay it off? And they said they gave me. They gave me a number, and I paid the truck off. But the warranty company is still charged me one hundred and forty bucks a month for the warranty for the next four years.
Speaker 6: But no, let me ask you a question here. I'm confused.
Speaker 5: If you bought the warranty, the warranty had a price on it. So when your payments equal the price, then you don't pay anymore.
Speaker 6: Right? In other words, was knocked off?
Speaker 16: Did you see.
Speaker 13: It was thirty It came out to be thirty thousand dollars for the loan, for the warranty, for the truck, for everything.
Speaker 5: But how much was how I just want to concentrate on this. How much was the warranty?
Speaker 15: The warranty was one hundred and forty bucks a month.
Speaker 5: No, that's not what it is. The warranty. The warranty has a lump sum amount. What was the price of the warranty.
Speaker 13: Tight thousand, six thousand? I think it does, say I'm some six thousand.
Speaker 5: Okay, so did you pay six thousand back?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 15: No, they get charged me on the warranty.
Speaker 13: I paid the truck off, but the warranty still still bills me one hundred and forty bucks a month.
Speaker 5: Time. I can offer an insight, and they should until you pay the six thousand dollars they should pay.
Speaker 8: I mean, you should be charged. What do we still have the warrant as long?
Speaker 13: I don't mind, And that's fine.
Speaker 15: That's why I didn't.
Speaker 13: That's fine. But the truck broke and I take it in and get fixed, and they said the warranty won't cover it.
Speaker 6: Tell me why the warranty won't cover it?
Speaker 13: Because I bought the truck with one hundred and forty seven thousand miles on it. The warranty's saying that at one hundred and twelve thousand miles the truck was throwing a code, a transmission code, and that was but it was it was erased.
Speaker 8: So how do they know that?
Speaker 5: So they say that this truck has a has a weird history, and so they're not going to cover it.
Speaker 6: Is that what they're saying?
Speaker 2: Pretty much?
Speaker 6: What does the dealer say about that?
Speaker 13: So I went back to the dealer and I said, hey, you sold me a truck that has an erased code.
Speaker 15: On it the warrant you won't cover it.
Speaker 13: They said, well, that's a warranty problem.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 13: The dealer says, it's a warranty problem.
Speaker 6: I mean it is.
Speaker 5: It is a warranty problem, first and foremost. When you bought it, it was after that code had been cleared.
Speaker 8: Is that correct?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 5: How is this dealer supposed how is this dealer supposed to know?
Speaker 8: And you bought it as it is? Well, how did these people? How does the warranty company know there was a code of.
Speaker 6: Racist And that's what I want to know.
Speaker 13: Whatever the warranty company checked to make sure it was kosher. The dealership shows checked before that.
Speaker 6: That's logical, that's logical.
Speaker 13: You're saying they should have warranty that it's not gonna I mean, well, show me a no, no, you got you got a point there.
Speaker 5: You got to point there, John, you should not have been charged. How much did you pay? In completely right now? Because you should get a refund.
Speaker 13: So I paid the truck off and it was only twenty two thousand, after it was thirty thousand. I paid the truck off with him a year, and but the warranty.
Speaker 15: Company still charges Mehunt.
Speaker 13: So I paid into it. I paid into it for a year, but they still I still want They still.
Speaker 15: Want four more years worth one hundred.
Speaker 13: And forty bucks a month.
Speaker 2: Listen, John, they won't cover it, I mean, John, Yes.
Speaker 5: John, okay, just listen. They want you to pay because you have a warranty. You're saying, why should I pay because the warranty is invalid? Will these people fix the problem if you continue paying for the warranty?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 6: Or no?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 5: They say, no matter what, you're not going to fix your truck, right, They're not going to fix anything. So you bought a useless warranty. So what I'm asking you is, did you ask the dealer for a refund since they sold you a warranty.
Speaker 6: You can't use.
Speaker 15: Because the dealer said he's.
Speaker 13: Getting to do it.
Speaker 6: Then, well, of course they do.
Speaker 5: The dealer sold you a warranty that is not valid. I don't understand why a warranty company, though, would not warranty something.
Speaker 8: Because the code was erased. I've just never heard that before. It's okay, let's let's analyze that. Let's analyze this, John, what is the problem? They won't cover.
Speaker 15: The transmission won't go into gear?
Speaker 13: Okay, automatic transmission, got it?
Speaker 6: Got it now?
Speaker 5: So you're they won't cover a transmission problem because they said they had a previous issue and they erased it.
Speaker 6: Right, that's it in a nutshell.
Speaker 14: Yes, so yes.
Speaker 5: The question is, I don't know if it's incumbent upon a dealer to do a search of the codes and the computers when they get a car in.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I would think it would be routine.
Speaker 5: So the question is who's the fault here, the dealer or the warranty company. I say the warranty company has a good leg to stand on if in fact, there was an erased code. What does the dealer say about the code that was erased?
Speaker 6: Do they acknowledge it?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 15: Not at all, not at all.
Speaker 5: How much will this transmission fix cost you?
Speaker 6: Eleven?
Speaker 5: Let's let's get hold Okay, let's do that first. Then we need to find out. We need to talk to somebody at Brighton Ford is the warranty company? What does the warranty company say about this code? How did they find it?
Speaker 13: I think it's a mechanic a Dodge dealership not not worry about the truck. I took it to a Dodge leadership, to a Dodge truck. I took it and.
Speaker 15: They they I said, open up the claim you know six a chance?
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, we don't.
Speaker 5: We don't have to go through We don't have to go through all this. Once they found out a code had been erased, how do they link that? As Mark said before, why is an erased automatically avoid that? Why does it automatically avoid? Because what was this a RaSE code? Existing condition?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but let's we know that.
Speaker 8: But what fourteen Dodge? I mean, let's say someone else had that code come up, they put in a new transmission and erase the code.
Speaker 6: I mean, why wouldn't they cover a new issue? Now? It seems crazy not to cover something. How old is the code?
Speaker 9: John?
Speaker 8: How long ago? How many miles have you driven it?
Speaker 13: The code is fifty thousand miles old. See that's in.
Speaker 8: A waste to code fifty thousand miles ago. Then the transmission breaks and that's their out. I think that's crazy.
Speaker 13: Fifty I've only owned it for twenty thousand miles.
Speaker 5: I think someone needs to call the dealer. This dealer can't just walk away from this. They made a lot of money on that or were you futting refat warranty? That warranty was six thousand dollars? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 6: And he he?
Speaker 5: Now you didn't pay the full six yet? Be you still have money due? Right?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, that's what I thought. How much of the six thousand do you still owe?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 15: Probably five thousand?
Speaker 5: We got a break, bro, you only pay Okay, we got to hit you only paid one thousand dollars so far into that warranty.
Speaker 15: I'll go I'll be more probably fifteen, I'll be fifteen hundred for a.
Speaker 14: Year and a half.
Speaker 5: We're going to get a hold of the dealer for sure. We need to have somebody in there. Call the dealer and say, what's up with this? I'm Tom Martine. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 14: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here, welcome to the show. Yeah, I'm back limited duty for a little while, but I'm gonna go to phones here. Listen, Hey, webfit KIMMERA transmission real go ahead. When can you get back to let's say your exercise regiment you used to work out three times a week.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think what they said was for me to be fully recovered from absolutely positively everything.
Speaker 8: Yeah, would probably.
Speaker 6: Be eight months.
Speaker 5: Wow, Okay, now you know, thanks for the hospital noises. So I beat the odds, thank god, with the diagnosis and with the surgery, with the chemo, I am officially cancer free. I have to be screened just to be wise, but they said I may not do anything physical for the next six weeks.
Speaker 6: So it's been.
Speaker 5: Two weeks, So the next four weeks I can't do anything. Then I can do certain light stuff. And it's really weird, but anyway, well that's gonna have to do with drugs in the medical condition. It doesn't take a lot of there's no real strain in flying. The controls are very easy in light and so there's nothing there that's taxing to my system.
Speaker 6: But the thing is, I can't be on pain pills.
Speaker 5: I can't be on anything that would affect my judgment, and so that would suspend my license medically, not necessarily that I can't do it, but medically so I.
Speaker 6: Can get back to flying. I'm predicting.
Speaker 5: In a month or less because I'm weaning off of these drugs quite quickly, and I'm just basically making a miraculo Look it, it's a miraculous recovery. And you know what all I can say is I'll take it. And I'm humbled by it. I just feel so terrible for people that are going through this, and some of which do not have the same diagnosis. Pancreatic cancer they say is rare, but my god, I have heard of so so many.
Speaker 6: People that know people anyway.
Speaker 5: So on this transmission problem, John, was the problem diagnosed on your twenty fourteen Dodge Ram?
Speaker 6: Was it actually diagnosed yet?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 6: What was the diagnosis?
Speaker 13: The whole training would have to be removed and replaced.
Speaker 5: They didn't say what went bad, They just said the whole transmission is shot.
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: How many miles on your truck?
Speaker 15: One hundred and sixty seven?
Speaker 5: And they and you said you put twenty on it? So you bought it with one hundred and forty on it?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 6: Okay, so Jeff vic he has a warranty.
Speaker 13: They're telling me the code came on one hundred and twelve thousand miles.
Speaker 5: Okay, So Jeff, before he owned it, there was a code and it was erased whatever that means. And now the warranty company is saying, even though you didn't own it, then the fact that there's an erased code voids the warranty.
Speaker 6: Now have you ever run across anything like that? Jeff.
Speaker 7: Well, first, welcome back, Tom. I'm glad to hear you're doing well.
Speaker 6: So thank you, Jeff.
Speaker 7: From one hundred and twelve to one hundred and eighty seven, whoever's handling this ticket should be going to bat for him here. It was the code that was one hundred and twelve thousand miles, you know, so we're talking, you know, almost seventy thousand miles since that code was there, you know, you could do a repair and erase the code and maybe not erase the permanent codes, but it would have manifested itself once again long before the one hundred maybe seven thousand mile mark, if somebody hadn't already performed a repair on that.
Speaker 5: Okay, So okay, that's a good point. So next question, what does it mean that the code was erased?
Speaker 6: Jeff?
Speaker 5: Can you guys go in and just erase codes if you don't want to do the repair, or does it mean the repair was done?
Speaker 7: Well, if the problem could continue to exist, even if you did erase the codes, it would have popped back up as soon as the computer recognized it again.
Speaker 5: So it's more is it likely when if it had a problem and they fixed the problem, is that also considered erasing it well, quickly.
Speaker 7: With a scanning tool and erase those codes out out of the computer. They won't just go away.
Speaker 5: On them, but they will pop up if you just erase it and the problem still exists.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, once the computer recognizes that problem again. So you know, say it was a gear racial error, you know where third gear was slipping. Yeah, you're going to manifest that sure. So even if you erase it, and if you haven't performed whatever repairs are necessary in order to affect that the slipping in third, as soon as it slipps and third again, it's going.
Speaker 14: To come back then.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 6: Now here's what I think.
Speaker 5: I think the warranty company is just trying to get out of it, and in that regard I agree.
Speaker 6: I agree with the dealer.
Speaker 5: But the dealer also has to step up and fight for this guy or give him a refund.
Speaker 6: Yeah, John, what's the name.
Speaker 8: Of the Wasn't he paying directly to the warranty company, not through the dealer?
Speaker 6: I didn't get that part. Okay, it was one hundred and forty dollars added to go ahead.
Speaker 13: When I got the loan, I got the war ge right there at at Bright and Board.
Speaker 2: But about.
Speaker 13: Six months into it, the warranty company called me and said, we're going out of business, but we have another varranty company taking over. Oh god, so they could go oh.
Speaker 6: And we got listen.
Speaker 8: That's a hell of a thing to leave out, man, you should have kind of let you I know.
Speaker 5: That was the that was we got to take a break. That was the most important part of what we just heard. Hang on, Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, don't forget Frankurandreal Estate Man dot com will do free market valuations of your home. Just ask what will my house self for? He'll tell you what it will sell for what you'll clear and what you can buy. It's all complimentary. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two Frank Duranderealestate Maan dot Com. You know, John, listen, man, I'm gonna put deputy doc on this. I want deputy doc to call the dealer and get the lowdown and get their perspective.
Speaker 6: There could be.
Speaker 5: A situation here which you don't want to hear, but I'm going to tell you. It could be that this damn place is no longer obligated to you because they're out of business and the new company is just taking over.
Speaker 6: Gratus maybe.
Speaker 5: And if that's the case, man, this is it's a major problem because the warranties are only as good as the warranty company. Cynthia, start your problem with this ophtalmologist.
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 17: Well, I this doctor because I have dry eye. The first time I saw him, he said, you know, I'll give you a prescription bottle of you know, eye drops, and I want to see you back in the week. So I came back and he says, oh, no, nothing's working. I've got to give you this dry eye mask. Well, he sold it to me for one thousand and fifty dollars. I you know you're at a point where you can't see that. Well, you go. I got to do it. And then I went online to the manufacturer and it sells for eighty seven dollars in ninety nine cents.
Speaker 6: I have what did you sell it for?
Speaker 8: How much?
Speaker 17: One thousand dollars in one thousand and fifty?
Speaker 6: Oh my god? Why did he mark it up so much?
Speaker 17: I have no idea. He will not take a phone call. The only thing you could do is go in and see him. And I don't want to charge medical Okay, another.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 5: You hold on, You hold on and we'll talk about it. That sounds outrageous to me. Again, there is no law on pricing that I know of for that, but we'll talk about it. That sounds almost abusive to me. Hold on, I'm Tom Martine Moore coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 18: Rip new need advice, so you don't help, come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 8: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: No Tom Martino, Hey, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: What's going on in your life?
Speaker 5: We love helping you, so call us with any problems, questions or complaints. Don't forget fix at twenty four to seven will take care of your son.
Speaker 6: Pump fifty nine bucks.
Speaker 5: And it's well worth it. It's fixed at twenty four to seven, seventy zero five two six, thirty nine, thirty nine or wait wait is it fifteen nine or forty?
Speaker 6: I know it's forty nine? I believe.
Speaker 5: And that's a complete um check cleaning uh lube if it takes it, and a no breakdown guarantee that the spring rains are coming, you can use it. Fix it and it's fixedmihome dot com Book now fixmihome dot com. So Barry Miller just joined us from Vestera Turnkey.
Speaker 6: He'll be with us.
Speaker 5: We also have deputy doc and deputy D for Dimitri and.
Speaker 6: Anyone else who wants to join us.
Speaker 5: Just come on in and just tell me here for the Martino Show to let you in. And I'm doing an abbreviated schedule for a while, recovering from the Whipple surgery. And thank god, I was pronounced cancer free based on all the pathology and now it's just getting healthy again. And it was a hell of a thing. Wow, just out of the blue, thinking I'm doing everything right healthwise. But it did help me recover pretty quickly from that major surgery two weeks ago. So let's go back now, Cynthia says, Now, and I understand this, by the way, this happens, Mark, doesn't this happen in every single every single category we have auto home health?
Speaker 8: You know what it reminds me of We had a Cairo practor that sold somebody like a red light and they found the exact same one, I mean identical one, same manufacturer, same model number on Amazon for like seventy nine dollars and the chiropractor sold it for like sixteen hundred.
Speaker 14: Yes.
Speaker 5: Now, Cynthia says she went to a doctor for dry eyes and you tried drops it first, and then that didn't work, and he sold you this dry eye mask.
Speaker 6: Now, Cynthia, what is this mask like? Is it like a Zoro.
Speaker 5: Mask that goes across your or the Lone Ranger? It goes across your eyes like that?
Speaker 17: Yes, and it's it's and then it's a heated mask.
Speaker 5: And you're supposed to wear it at night. Yes, and it's supposed to basically help you retain moisture.
Speaker 6: How does that work?
Speaker 17: I'm not real sure what it will. It's moist teeth, so yes, it will.
Speaker 8: Okay, help me get it.
Speaker 6: Did it work for you? Did it work for you? Do you know?
Speaker 17: Something in my gut told me something was wrong? And I didn't even try it. And that's when I looked on the manufacturer's website and saw how much I was being charged for it that you know you were.
Speaker 5: Being charged one thousand? Yes, and you can buy it on Amazon for what.
Speaker 17: I didn't check Amazon. I checked a manufacturer and I can buy it for eighty seven ninety nine.
Speaker 5: And they will sell it to you if you wanted to buy it right now? You could buy it for eighty seven ninety nine?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 8: What's the name?
Speaker 9: Check something?
Speaker 6: Go ahead?
Speaker 8: Doctor?
Speaker 11: Also I had to do is contact the Medical Board. Once a patient makes a complaint, the doctor has to submit what's called the thirty day letter. Within thirty days after he is notified of the complaint. He must give them a written explanation of of what the issue is and they will decide whether or not to take further action. And the board is very very strict about okay.
Speaker 5: Asked something about this? Is he an ophthalmologist?
Speaker 8: An MD?
Speaker 6: Are we talking about an MD here? Okay? Then you would go to the medical Board and what's the name of that mass?
Speaker 9: About that?
Speaker 1: Tom?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 6: That's good? And what's the doc?
Speaker 5: Maybe you can call her and show tell her the number to call.
Speaker 6: I like to know the name of that.
Speaker 11: Go ahead, I'll just all you have to go to Dora. You go to Colorado dot gov and then go to Dora to Department of Raye tol Aden's and there's a.
Speaker 6: Now, now, can I have the name of that mask? Please?
Speaker 17: The mask is called Wizard Research Electric Heated dry eye Relief Mask.
Speaker 8: God.
Speaker 5: Okay, Wizard dry eye mask heated? Okay, I see it here on Amazon and on Amazon the most expensive one is one hundred and thirty nine and the actual one you're talking about is sixty four dollars.
Speaker 17: Right when I looked at it was eighty four something from the manufacturer itself.
Speaker 8: Okay, it's so crazy. Did you we did the thousand dollars or whatever he charged you? Was that for the visit, the diagnosis and the mask or it was just the mask?
Speaker 6: Good point? Good point.
Speaker 9: It was?
Speaker 5: Okay, did you The oddest thing is this? Did you ask him? Did you ask him about it?
Speaker 6: Did you bring this up?
Speaker 4: The charge?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Did you say, hey, I can this for eighty seven bucks and you sold it to me for a thousand?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 17: I went ahead and bought it because I could barely see. And then, like I said, when I got home, just my gut was telling me something was wrong. And there's no such thing as calling him. You can only go in and see him, and I just don't want to waste more of my medicare to go in.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute.
Speaker 6: There's no one at that office you can call and talk to.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 5: Ok So, how do you make an appointment online. Yes, and and you don't want to waste your time doing that.
Speaker 6: No, I don't understand.
Speaker 17: I don't because he Tom, you and I are the same age. And I know somebody snapping their finger at me telling me to pay attention.
Speaker 8: And is that what he did?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What's the what's the name of the eye doctor? What's the name?
Speaker 17: Well, it's Colorado I Clinic and the doctor's name it's a foreign name. I probably won't say it correctly. Uh goodness, I'm sorry. I can't even have a Roona or something like that. I'm horrible with Okay.
Speaker 6: Last name, just spell it for me.
Speaker 8: Well, wait a minute, you know what John just brought something interesting up I didn't think about.
Speaker 6: I mean, Medicare paid for this, right?
Speaker 17: Yes? No, I'm sorry they did not.
Speaker 6: They did, so you paid out of pocket?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 17: Okay, he said that this was not covered. Because he said that this was not covered by medicare you know?
Speaker 14: Tom?
Speaker 8: I think this such you call, but I have to say this. It's like who do we get on when it comes to a light switch that you can buy at home depot for a dollar. And so I know I know, or even better yet, I go back to my automotive days, my tired days with Goodyear, a valve stem would cost me ten cents and I'd sell them for three ninety nine all day long. That's like four hundred percent markup.
Speaker 11: I think there's a difference, you know, when it's a person of trust, when you're relying on someone's professional conduct and she has looking at the news by contacting the board.
Speaker 6: Doc, I don't know.
Speaker 8: You go into a hospital and you look at your bill for an advill it could be forty dollars and somehow that's okay, you.
Speaker 6: Know, here's the thing. But here's the thing we're missing.
Speaker 5: First of all, Okay, let's just say you were gouged with the price, but.
Speaker 6: You didn't even give it a chance. What if it works?
Speaker 17: Because I went to another eye doctor and that wasn't even the diagnosis of dry eye.
Speaker 6: What did they say?
Speaker 17: They said that what I needed was to have a correction, a correction in cataract surgery.
Speaker 5: Okay, So what I want to know is how much was the eye exam itself?
Speaker 17: That I don't know, since Medicare paid for it, how do you know?
Speaker 5: Okay, so you know that the mask you were paying for the mask because you pay that directly. Right, so everything else was covered by medicare, right or is it medicare?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 5: So listen, I don't know what to do about this one. I don't think there is an answer. If you want to know the truth, I think Doc, I don't think they did anything wrong.
Speaker 6: Well, I think DOC nailed it.
Speaker 8: Because if I'm a doctor and I have the board writing me a letter about one thousand dollars thing that you can buy for sixty nine books, along with possibly a wrong diagnosis, I might just do the refund and call it a day. Is this in Greenwood Village?
Speaker 11: Absolutely nothing to lose by writing a letter to the board.
Speaker 6: Let's do that.
Speaker 5: Go to door Department of Regulatory Agencies and then call us back.
Speaker 6: Though we want to hear from you.
Speaker 5: We have it written down here, and I'd like I'd like to know what they do or what they say, because this has to be This can't be the only time this has happened, and it's not the only clinic.
Speaker 6: And get this all the time, Cynthia.
Speaker 8: Got to do it too. Don't just like yes us, you're the one that's got to write it because you were the patient. So I mean rarely do it. It's not that big of a deal. It's not like it's gonna take you an hour. I mean, it's really easy to.
Speaker 17: Do well right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, good, call us back with the results. Let us know if you hear from them or what the board says. I'm Tom Martinez. Compass Insurance will do an insurance checkup. Find out if you're adequately insured, maybe you're paying too much, maybe you don't have the right coverage. It's all free of charge. Three h three nine nine six nine more coming up. Yeah, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call this insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter three oh three seven on three Talk skinny Skinny's on the line.
Speaker 6: That's their name, not mine. I didn't give it to him.
Speaker 5: So Skinny wants to talk about a contractor shoot Skinny, what's going on?
Speaker 18: Hey Tom, glad to hear you doing better.
Speaker 6: A long time fan here, Thank you.
Speaker 18: I I I am.
Speaker 15: So.
Speaker 18: I just bought a new house and it's got sort of an unfinished.
Speaker 19: Driveway at a bunch of areas.
Speaker 18: I'm doing all sorts of renovation and everything to this house. As we were jumping arriving at the house, this guy pulls in in a truck and says, hey, man, we have we do blacktop paving stuff, and we've got like extra material.
Speaker 5: I'll give you a super goods That is the number one. That's the number one red flag for a scam. Just happy to be in the neighborhood. We have materials, so.
Speaker 6: Go keep going.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 18: So, but on the same I'm actually got lots of plans to do some do some you know, resurfacing and everything.
Speaker 8: So I said, oh, this could be good.
Speaker 18: And I actually have some money set aside, and so I could spend a couple of bucks and maybe start this.
Speaker 15: Process and see what it's like.
Speaker 18: So anyway, he just says it's uh, it's he kind of says he's got some trucks and all of this, and he says.
Speaker 15: He's going to do four dollars.
Speaker 18: A square foot. And then we actually do a little bit of research and apparently this does go out.
Speaker 14: At six to eight dollars.
Speaker 18: A square foot when it's you know, blacktop, Is that correct?
Speaker 6: We kind of looked on Google, well it so it depends. I mean, but here's the point.
Speaker 5: You can't just do blacktop without pres being properly, so let's get to the problem.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 18: So now they end up dropping the material and I'm like cool. And by the way, the only thing they had said was the only numbers I got was a thousand square feet and four dollars of square foot, so I'm thinking four grand. So I'm like, okay, great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but wait a minute, but wait a minute, skinny, skinny, hold on, bro, you know you're hopping through all. You're skipping the main point. You were expecting this and expecting that. Did you ever think to have it written down like one thousand feet at four dollars a foot and then you sign it with the contractor or did you do this all on a handshake? No?
Speaker 18: Yeah, I thought it was just going to be casual and not a big deal, right, yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, And so so you were figuring in your head one thousand feet at four dollars a foot.
Speaker 6: Where did you get the four dollars a foot?
Speaker 2: That's what he told me.
Speaker 6: That's what he told me. The price would be.
Speaker 8: Well, how many square feet? Well, driveway though, I mean, like seriously.
Speaker 5: He said a thousand. I don't know, he said one thousand. Is it a thousand?
Speaker 6: So one thousand by one foot?
Speaker 18: Well, what they ended up dropping one thousand.
Speaker 6: Square feet is what he's saying. Okay, well that's.
Speaker 18: What That's what I got, was a thousand square But that's the only kind of numbers they throw up. A thousand and four dollars a square foot. Well, skinny, well.
Speaker 6: Tell me did they did they do the blacktop or not? They did the blacktop? Yes, what prep did they do? But hold on how many square feet? I'm dying to know that.
Speaker 7: Well, this is the problem.
Speaker 18: Yes, they'd ended up dropping four trucks, so now that's four thousand square feet. Right when they actually calculated out the thing, the bill ended up coming to seventeen thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: All right, skinny skinny, Are you blaming them? What about your part in this?
Speaker 8: Absolutely?
Speaker 18: I think I have a part where I didn't insist on an actual dollar quote.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or a contract of any kind.
Speaker 14: Correct?
Speaker 8: Can you even, skinny skinny?
Speaker 5: What if this guy says, look, I did the blacktop, he pays the bill. I never said anything about a thousand square feet. I never said anything about four dollars a foot. By the way, did he keep the four dollars a foot?
Speaker 18: Yes, yes, because when he measured it out, he did it with an accurate measuring tool. And I believe them now that it's definitely larger than one thousand square feet.
Speaker 8: So actually he did four dollars. I'm a little confused here. He actually stuck to the four dollars to square foot. But and you said that it went with a good price. You just said, so if the job looks good, and that is a good price. And I don't know if it is or isn't. I don't even know what the problem is with the exception. You're saying you didn't do the math right in your head.
Speaker 6: Well, okay, he.
Speaker 18: Quoted a thousand square feet is a truck.
Speaker 9: I didn't know yet.
Speaker 6: How can you prove that.
Speaker 5: How can you prove that he said to you it'll be a thousand square feet?
Speaker 6: How do you prove that.
Speaker 18: We don't We just had a conversation.
Speaker 7: It was really quick.
Speaker 5: So if I say to him, you overcharged Skinny, because it's now seventeen grand and he was thinking four grand, and this guy says, I never told him a thousand square feet, But then we're out of stalemate.
Speaker 6: It's done.
Speaker 8: You know you with you didn't even sign a contract, tom if there truly is no contract whatsoever, and this guy hasn't paid him. I mean, they could lean the property and they're going to end up having a day in Core. And this guy can simply say they didn't quote me that much. They quoted me four thousand. I mean, I don't know who would win, and it's.
Speaker 5: Not going to work. This guy, Skinny's gonna lose, okay, because while it was being done, he saw how much was out there. He had every opportunity to measure. He can't see people. You can't just sit on your ass and expect everyone to carry your water. Here's the bottom line. You have responsibilities.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 5: We've had several calls, or not several, but we've had calls where people blame a contractor because they were asleep at the wheel.
Speaker 8: All I can say is this, if I was.
Speaker 5: Having blacktop put on my home, not only would I want to know the quantity and the square footage, I'd want to know what prep they're doing. I'm more concerned about not the seventeen grand, but what if this stuff starts coming up now because it doesn't have enough oil or he didn't prep it right? How did they prep it, Skinny, How did they prep it?
Speaker 18: They kind of scraped the ground a little bit and they had a.
Speaker 19: Little bit of a They had the proper tools with him.
Speaker 18: But you are correct, I don't know if this has been well done. It quite frankly doesn't look like a super pro job.
Speaker 6: Okay, here's what you need to do. I'm going to give you homework.
Speaker 5: You need to have a blacktop contractor come out and look at it, and you need to get an assessment of the job if the job is substandard.
Speaker 6: By the way, was a building permit required for this?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 18: I mean I had the conversation and the guys were and I said cool, because I thought it was going to be four brand, And like the guys were there in twenty minutes.
Speaker 9: It was crazy.
Speaker 10: Hey, Skinny, all right, Something else for your homework is you got to find out if this contractor was required to have a license to do this kind of work in your jurisdiction. And the second thing is does this kind of a job require a permit. You can get both those questions answered by calling your city or county building to pregnant.
Speaker 9: Now help your dec As.
Speaker 5: Far as Skinny's obligation to this contractor, if the contractor is unlicensed, that doesn't mean you don't owe him. Licensing is a separate issue. Here's the main issue right now, Quantum marriwit, what did you get for the money? Were you cheated? Was it substandard? You need to start building a case on your own. But you don't get someone who simply exaggerates. You get someone who'll give you an honest assessment of that blacktop and they say, you know it's not that bad.
Speaker 6: Now, did it.
Speaker 5: Go over greenery or did it go over existing blacktop?
Speaker 18: It went over existing sort of gravel driveway. Dirt and gravel driveway.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's good. Dirt and gravel, that's good. Did they do any kind of oiling first? Any kind of tar or did they just take the blacktop and put it over the ground.
Speaker 18: I think they just put it over the ground.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know you I don't. The worst thing ever, you broke every rule in the book. The first one is you were solicited at the door, and never ever, ever accept a contract based on someone coming to your door. Now I'm not saying not to hire them. I'm saying don't do it because they came to your door. If you're thinking of blacktop and somebody came by and said, I happen to be in the neighborhood with material I'd say, okay, give me your card and I'll let you know what I find.
Speaker 6: I'm going to shop around. You don't just take someone.
Speaker 5: Because they pull up in a pickup truck and say, hey, I happen to be in the neighborhood. I mean, you were literally pray because I'll guarantee you they weren't in the neighborhood with materials. I'll guarantee you that it's probably it's probably not a good job.
Speaker 8: I hope I'm wrong.
Speaker 6: So where did you check the pricing? I just on Google.
Speaker 18: When you ask, like, you know, what's the typical pricing of getting blacktop done.
Speaker 5: Okay, and blacktop again? All right, I'm finding here. I just looked it up. Typical range in Denver Metro and this is is three to seven dollars a foot, and if it's under three hundred square feet, it's it's about ten dollars. And then larger projects you can get down to four dollars a foot for a thousand square feet or more. But and here it mentions that doesn't include prep. So you know, I don't know what they did for you. I don't you need to have it analyzed. They do what's called the core sample. How deep is your three or four inches or six? How deep is it?
Speaker 8: It's difficult to tell.
Speaker 18: Maybe I would say four to four inches probably.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I want you to call a contractor or someone an inspector and have them do a core sample or two and give you an analysis of the oil to stone ratio and the UH and what you got. First, let's figure out what you got and if it was done properly. I mean we're shooting blind right here. You're complaining because it was more than you expected. Well, whose fault is that?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 5: I mean, it's no one's fault. These guys did the job. You allowed them to do it.
Speaker 6: Now you're saying, but I thought it was going to be a thousand foot When you tell them that, when did you bring it up?
Speaker 5: Did you say, hey, wait a minute, you set one thousand feet at four bucks a foot?
Speaker 6: What do they say when you bring that up?
Speaker 18: He said that was for one truck, and they brought in four trucks because that was apparently the extra material that they had.
Speaker 5: Apparently all right, so maybe that's what he said. Hey, it's going to be about one thousand dollars or it's four thousand dollars a truck. I mean, you know, Skinny, you are in a bad way right now. Have you paid anything?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 18: No, I'm supposed to meet with them today.
Speaker 5: Well here's what I would do, because you're not going to win this. You're just not going to win it. What I would say to him is, look, I never expected it to be this much. I was thinking it was a thousand square feet. Listen, Skinny, when you look at your driveway, did you know you had more than a thousand square feet?
Speaker 6: Be honest?
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, Well I have tons of land and the tons of different sections of the driveway. And that's why I kind of decided to do this section and see how it would come across, because we could just expand it later if we wanted to.
Speaker 13: But you knew, oh you knew you had made sense.
Speaker 5: Okay, but you knew you had any again, Okay, then I would say what you have to do is negotiate with him, because you're not going.
Speaker 6: To win it. You're just not.
Speaker 5: You got you got what he did. Uh, you got the benefit of it. Again, though, do those core samples, because now's the time before you pay to bring up any issues. If it's if that is not a good mix, if it wasn't compressed right, if it wasn't done right, do the core samples. Three oh three, seven to one three talks seven one, three, eight, two five five. We're here to help you solve your problems, answer your questions, take your complaints.
Speaker 6: Renew home Innovations.
Speaker 5: We'll do beautiful shower walk ins with pure porcelain sheets for the walls, no maintenance.
Speaker 6: They can do it throughout your bathroom. They can even do kitchen backsplashes.
Speaker 5: Listen renew home innovations dot Com the most beautiful shower can versions made custom for you in two or three days and several repayment options.
Speaker 6: Three oh three nine are A four to two thousand.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two by Tom Marcino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five. By the way, Barry Miller's with us two from Vestera Turnkey, and he'll be talking about his program and how we work together on that. And then we have also John from CMG Financial. He can talk about reverse loans and other things people are thinking about. So Charles has a problem with HVAC. Hi, Charles, what's happening?
Speaker 2: Okay, Tom, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 6: Yeah, go ahead, sir, what's going on?
Speaker 9: Charles?
Speaker 2: Okay, it all started back about two months ago. Are what happened? Is our furnace is about thirty six years old? Okay, I cold, Colorado, help heat help, and they said they were going to help us to get in.
Speaker 5: Wait, who either, Charles, Charles, hold on? Who did you call? What agency is called?
Speaker 2: The name of the program, the name of the the company was called Intervention, Crisis Intervention Help help Line?
Speaker 5: And what we Charles, Charles, there is no what what Charles?
Speaker 6: Just I know you want to tell me your story.
Speaker 5: But was this a real government agency or nonprofit or did they just call themselves that?
Speaker 8: What exactly government?
Speaker 5: What exactly is the program? What is it called? I'm trying to look it up and I see nothing like that called crisis Intervention?
Speaker 2: On? Tom? Hold on, Tom, hold on right now, Honey, sure, honey, cover.
Speaker 8: Give me that name break and then we'll still have time when he gets when he fused? Hey, Charles, Charles, how old are you?
Speaker 6: Charles? I'm just curious.
Speaker 2: I'm sixty six?
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, bro, hang on, okay, we'll be back and I'll help this youngster out. Three O three seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two him you know here trio three seven one three talk KH Home Solutions, window siding, doors and more, and now painters KH Painting Pros.
Speaker 6: That's Kwindows dot com.
Speaker 5: Charles said he around two months ago he called some kind of crisis line.
Speaker 6: Charles, did you get the name of it?
Speaker 2: The name of it? It is called Crisis Intervention Programs?
Speaker 6: Okay? Who is it run by?
Speaker 2: It is run is run through the Help Heat Help Ran Heat Help, the Colorado Heat Help.
Speaker 6: Heat Help of Colorado.
Speaker 5: And what what tell me what went on when you called the crisis Intervention program?
Speaker 2: When I call the crisis Intervention program and I told and explained to them the situation with our furthers. They said they would they they were they would get somebody out here to assess the problems. And that's been over two months ago.
Speaker 6: Did they ever send someone out?
Speaker 2: No, they the h BACK came out first. It started with Home Depot. H back came out and looked at it, and they told us that the furduce was thirty six years old and for us to buy parts for this furtuce, it was going to cost us more than what we want.
Speaker 8: Were Charles pay.
Speaker 6: Charles? I want to ask a few questions. Why did you call? To begin with? Did your heat stop working?
Speaker 2: Yes, we have our heat stopped working, and all we have okay, this way in the way of source of heat is a space heater, a heating blanket.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, all right, Charles, Charles waet.
Speaker 5: So this crisis intervention program I suspect is not what you think and it's not a government program. If they sent a private contractor to your home.
Speaker 6: That's weird.
Speaker 5: Who did they what's the name of the HVAC company that went.
Speaker 6: To your home.
Speaker 2: That I don't know? That was done through well, that was done through home depots?
Speaker 6: Well, how did Home Depot get involved.
Speaker 2: Because we called home Depot and we told them this situation with our with our with our heating, with our furnace not heating.
Speaker 5: So they okay, when you why did you call home depot?
Speaker 6: Why did you call home depot.
Speaker 2: For them to come and check out our heard?
Speaker 5: And who did home Depot? Who did Home Depots send out to your house?
Speaker 2: They sent out an HVAC company.
Speaker 6: Do you know the name of that company?
Speaker 2: No? Hold on my wife?
Speaker 20: Who's getting that right now?
Speaker 2: Hold on buddy? All right?
Speaker 6: So here's what I want to know, Charles. Are you calling?
Speaker 5: Are you basically calling today because you have not heard from them?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 2: I am basically calling today because I have not heard from good good.
Speaker 15: I have not heard that's really good.
Speaker 2: Ars.
Speaker 5: I'm going to tell you that's really good. It's really good. You didn't hear from anybody? Because I want you to start from scratch. Okay, you're getting you're getting in the muck and meier. These people have nothing to do with crisis intervention. They're not going to do anything free. If you thought you were going to get something free, you're not. Okay, Now, now I don't want don't you going down this road? Because what's going to happen is you're going to be stuck with a big bill. What I want you to do is check out some real help. Okay, Now, what is your situation as far as income.
Speaker 2: Well, me and my wife are. Me and my wife are on a fixed income because I am a retired I'm retired for the government. But what they put me out on they put me out on a disability retirement programs.
Speaker 6: Okay, you're the government, and my.
Speaker 2: Wife is on an s s d I Security Social Security retirement program. So we we're not we're not making that much.
Speaker 21: Okay, come in and put put that on.
Speaker 2: My wife said, all we need to do, all we need is somebody to come put out the pilot life.
Speaker 6: Here's what I want to do.
Speaker 2: But I think it's I think it's more Charles.
Speaker 5: I think Charles. I'm gonna Charles hold on before we do anything else. I'm gonna get one of our deputies to go out there and check your furnaces.
Speaker 8: Well, where's he located, Charles?
Speaker 9: Where do you?
Speaker 8: I don't want you at here? But is it Denver? Where is it? It's Aurora?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 8: Why don't we send out Why don't we send out one of our hvac folks.
Speaker 5: I would send out Deputy bow first, okay, just to see.
Speaker 8: No, you know, he's an hvac guy forever. That's not a bad idea whatsoever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we're going to send someone out to help you. Okay, Hold on, Charles, and thank you for calling us. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three.
Speaker 8: A two five five.
Speaker 5: We got another two hours ago on the Troubleshooter show, Stay tuned and Marcus taking the helm. I got to do a limited schedule doctor's orders.
Speaker 6: And thank you for all your well wishes and everything else you've done. It touched me deeply more.
Speaker 5: Coming up, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped you needed, so you don't have to.
Speaker 9: Run anxious as fast as.
Speaker 1: You can shoot. It's gonna help coming.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Welcome, Welcome, my.
Speaker 8: Friends to the only show of it's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, state complaints.
Speaker 6: We're here to educate you.
Speaker 8: We're also here to go after the bad guys you've been ripped off or taking advantage of her. Maybe you just got a question three oh three seven one three A two five five. And as I always say, three oh three Martino, that number works on and off the air. So if you ever need anything three zero three Martino, you can also email us at help at troubleshooter dot com. In studio with me, Barry Miller, Vestera Turnkey, John Clace uh partner in Lending dot Com. He's with c MG Bank and then Deputy Dmitri Deputy Doc Dragons on the other side back there and Kelly answering your phone. So we got three lines open three oh three seven one three A two five five Real quick, I want to tell you about fix it twenty five four to seven Right now, forty nine bucks are gonna come out and they're gonna clean that sump pump. Yeah, if you have not had your sump pump checked and say over three years, it is time to do it.
Speaker 6: The last thing you want is a flood.
Speaker 8: They're gonna come out, spend about two hours only forty nine dollars cleaning it, lubricating it. If that's the kind you have, forty nine bucks, you're not gonna beat that. Check them out at fixmi home dot com. That's fixmihome dot com. Hey, John Clace CMG. The all in one loan, it's kind of funny. Barry Miller's here. Vestera turnkey is an investment strategy we're going to talk about. But I thought you two could partner up quite frankly. That's why you're both sitting here. So I hope you guys have that. Because of your all in one loan, you can use that to buy a second house, right you do.
Speaker 9: We have many of our clients use.
Speaker 6: Use vacation house.
Speaker 8: How about an investment property? Do people use it for investments or typically not?
Speaker 9: Oh, we actually do it on a some properties now. But you can also use your primary if you've got enough equity to purchase a pay cash for an investment.
Speaker 8: Property or even just take it out to buy instead of one, instead of buying one with all the cash by.
Speaker 9: Three or four. And that's what we see a lot of his people utilizing the count because how you can pay it down Yeah, and open up equity. Yeah, and we do it on you can have up to three all on one loans for one barrow now.
Speaker 8: For one borrower. But then if it's a husband and wife, that's six. Sure if they you know, if they solely qualify, Ray, what is your comment on charles issue? Charles, I don't know if he got snookeered or what happened, but basically he had someone reach out to him on a furnace and say, hey, we can get your free furnace, and we just don't really he doesn't know, nor do we know. I feel like I'm talking about Biden, But go ahead, Ray.
Speaker 22: Hey, thank you Mark for the opportunity. So the LEAP program is the Low Income Energy Assistance Program.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's it's a real program.
Speaker 22: It's a real program. And they have a sub program called the Crisis Intervention Program.
Speaker 8: Oh so you think it is real.
Speaker 22: I do think it's real. However, I believe.
Speaker 8: They ran out of money intervention what.
Speaker 22: Crisis intervention program program sub program under leap, Yeah, and I believe they ran out of money with what's going on with the federal government and maybe related to that, I'm not sure, but this, this gentleman may have just fallen through the cracks because of that funding I.
Speaker 8: Got you, because of literally the timing, they might have started to dig into it and then they got the funded and then that's that, right, Well, send Deputy Bow out. Curious enough, we sent him out to another one. I heard that guy in the background or his wife in the background saying the pilot light just needs to be lit. As crazy as that sounds, Deputy bo actually went out to one and he had to order some parts and do other stuff, but he did exactly that for someone else got an older furnace working, so at least they had you know, hot air during the or heat during the winter.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 22: Absolutely, And I was going to recommend a Wrap O'Kenny Weatherization Assistance program. They do similar work for similar qualifying individuals.
Speaker 8: Well, Deputy Bow, I hope you're listening to that, because we're going to have we're going to figure out what's going on with their furnace and then we'll dig into that.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 8: Hey, that's great information. Ray, Like, really we appreciate that right here on the show one hundred percent. Brother, And yeah, that's really good information. Actually, I need to get better at keeping a database of all these things that can help people like that. They seem to come and go though fairly quick. We've had people in the past that fixed cars at no cost for single mothers, for example, and I it just there's so many people. At some point you just run out, you know that place.
Speaker 10: So you're thinking about an organization called Hands of the Carpenter and our high school friend of mine actually is the CEO of that organization and they're still in business and they do exactly what it sounds like.
Speaker 8: It's a single I'm sorry, yes, single mothers.
Speaker 10: They provide used automobiles and then they provide maintenance and repairs for them at no charge.
Speaker 9: Oh they are.
Speaker 8: Oh great, Yeah, they've been on there. What is the name of the shop. They have a actual shop too.
Speaker 9: Well, it's their own shop. I think they have more than one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they actually have, of course, a for profit shop that like you and I could bring our car to. Oh didn't they and then they have that. They might even have more than one shop. I think the guy's name is Tom, but he's been in before.
Speaker 10: Oh, Georgeoppolis. Dan Georgeopolis is the CEO of that organization. They may be a Tom over there, but the guy went to high school with his name Dan Georgeopolis and he runs that organization.
Speaker 8: Very cool, all right, three oh three seven, one, three eight two five five. So let's talk Vestaire and loans real quick, guys. Here's the deal. Barry Miller, you kind of teamed up with Martino two because you guys are doing some stuff together. But generally, how this program works and it's very interesting, and I'm going to drill you on the outcomes you've had, you bit. But basically, you go out and you have a knack for finding up and coming properties. So that property is generally never in Colorado because we're at the top of the market, if you will. In fact, we're probably overpriced if you ask.
Speaker 9: Me, I'd agree with that, Adam, yep.
Speaker 8: So you go out. Let's say Johnny finds something in like, uh, I don't know, Redmond, Washington, or he finds something in North Carolina, or find something in Virginia, and he's looking for an area. Maybe a company is coming to maybe Microsoft or SpaceX, or there's something in the works, or it's just purely undervalued, and you're looking at trends of people moving in knowing that it's going to appreciate. So you go out and you find the property. The part that blows me away is you make how much a year doing all this? Three hundred and ninety nine bucks from that client, right, isn't it three ninety nine?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 16: No, we are paid by the buyer agent who represents that person sends us a help.
Speaker 8: Doesn't the person actually doing the investment actually spend a few hundred a year with you?
Speaker 16: They do spend six hundred a year.
Speaker 8: So six hundred bucks and find me the house, you get paid by the boker. So, in other words, when you buy the house, instead of you know, whatever the co op is three percent, you get a chunk.
Speaker 16: We get a chunk of that because we're doing chunk plus part of the work.
Speaker 6: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So you find it, then you find someone to manage the property. And by the way, a lot of people think these are fix and flips or not. What these are John is homes ready to go some.
Speaker 9: Of them are even new homes, don't you some of them are new homes.
Speaker 16: There, we're so ready to go out of one hundred homes, Yeah, we've had four that had repairs of up to five hundred dollars in the last year.
Speaker 9: That's it. That's it.
Speaker 8: That's done. One hundred of these in the last year roughly roughly. Wow, what's the appreciation on them?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 8: Yeah, like what I mean, twenty percent in a year.
Speaker 16: Well, it's not twenty percent anymore, Okay, the appreciation is now. Our minimum is twelve percent, got it. So we're between twelve and sixteen a year each year.
Speaker 9: Each year.
Speaker 8: So basically, they go out, they find a property manager. Then the property manager make sure they find the right renter, make sure everything's done. I mean, you're not going to fly out to Virginia to fix a furnace. I mean, that's why you have a property manager there. But that person collects the rent. If I'm the investor, I get the rent, well the rent, Yeah, I get the rent each month, So there's your cash flow. While that home is actually.
Speaker 16: Appreciated, you get the we get the problems. If there are a few of those fixed problems, they call us.
Speaker 6: I'm shot you do it with new homes.
Speaker 8: But anyhow, so then two or three years go by and you've made thirty forty percent, maybe even more, and then you sell the home and you either put the money in your pocket or you simply buy two or three more.
Speaker 16: By two or three more with nearly no out of pocket I mean nearly no out of pocket cash ten thirty one tax deferred exchange, so you don't pay taxes on the game.
Speaker 8: You just keep building it, just keep building it. How about if someone has like an IRA and they want to actually buy it with their IRA, can you guys.
Speaker 9: Now what we're talking about?
Speaker 16: You guys, Tom Martino and Wave eight Wealth Management can do that.
Speaker 8: Yep, they are explain why people can do that.
Speaker 16: They can do well. Now I'm no IRA forour A one K expert. But my explanation that I give out several times a week anymore is Wave eight Wealth Management. By the way, you could find them online at Wave Eightcapital dot com. They have all the expertise to put it together. Mark where you could take your IRA money and or your four oh one K money give it to them. They form LLCs. You cannot have a say in their decision, and they then form a group and goes buys the property and then the game goes right back into your IRA, and you're avoiding taxes properly so in.
Speaker 8: That and then you can roll it over and you roll.
Speaker 16: It over again and again if you want to.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you have to be a pretty specialized IRA, which I'm sure they are.
Speaker 16: Well, the Wave eight is very specialized.
Speaker 8: What they do is they basically create a self directed IRA. So you want to invest in property, but you can't make all the decisions because there's rules around IRA's for a one case. So basically they become the investment they look to portfolio. They have to agree to it, and more importantly, you have to be hands off. They have to manage it.
Speaker 9: You can't pick the property or anything.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, no, they have to manage it for the most part. Well, I don't know if they I think you could pick the property.
Speaker 16: They have a say in it, but they can't say okay, they have a say in it, and it's more than a week in or not. It's legal a say, but they can't say deny that property because if they almost like an old time general partner in the old days when we had General Partners says, we're got buying that property. You can't deny.
Speaker 9: Who manages the rent. Do you do the property management or the IRA?
Speaker 16: Well, the IRA that forms a new LLC. The LLC is buying the property and then we're doing we're treating them as if they're a consumer, because they are, because Tom Martino and Wave eight is involved.
Speaker 8: Well yeah, I mean basically they're the ones managing the man not proper but the retirement file, the retirement directed IRA. Tom and I have done them a few times over the years with some commercial property where we've used retirement money.
Speaker 16: To highly specialized, highly advantageous yep, to all the consumers.
Speaker 9: And but they have.
Speaker 8: To in other words, if they found a house, I mean, they've got to take ownership of this fun So if I say, hey, I want this old beaten wreck and I want to use five hundred thousand dollars out of my four oh one K for it, of my RA out of it, and they look at it and they go, well, that'd be the dumbest thing anybody's ever done. You're not going to be able to do it. So I mean they have to basically sign off on it, and you have to be arm's length. That's kind of the strange part about it. In other words, if I wanted to buy a business, that's possible too, But it's kind of weird when you get to the point where you have to be hands off. You could buy a part of the business.
Speaker 16: Go ahead, Barry, Yeah, well, the Wave eight the other big big piece they have. With our direct program, you make more money. You have to have eighty thousand dollars to get started.
Speaker 6: Why do you say eighty out of Well.
Speaker 16: That's lenders require twenty five percent down, So that's for the down payment.
Speaker 8: Okay, So you're saying your average property is four hundred thousand, what.
Speaker 16: Is under that the average property is more like three hundredth or three twenty.
Speaker 6: That sure, hell isn't in Colorado.
Speaker 9: Then it's not in Colorado.
Speaker 16: You don't have the appreciation, you.
Speaker 8: Don't have average loan or the average property value. Now in Colorado, John.
Speaker 9: I think the average sale price it's up to like seven hundred and something. It's pretty good.
Speaker 16: The medium price in Denver Metro is about six hundred thousand. Yeah, Colorado springs about four point fifty, et cetera.
Speaker 9: Colorado.
Speaker 16: Therefore, somewhere in the five hundreds, but we have positive cash flow for our customers.
Speaker 9: That's another key.
Speaker 16: But back to Wave eight, they're able to pool money.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so if you don't have eighty thousand, you could have four people come in one with to be part of that LLC. But actually in that case, I think that would simply be Wave eight and they would have points if you will involved into there that that's an interesting.
Speaker 6: Way to do it. So you could really have how many have you guys done any of those yet?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yes, how many have you done? And how many partners doing?
Speaker 16: The third one right now?
Speaker 6: And the third one? How many partners?
Speaker 9: One?
Speaker 16: Well, one of our customers from the IRA did. The other two had five partners. The other two have five parts.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 8: So you're saying the one has four more slots open, or you're saying it's only one person.
Speaker 16: One person took the full ninety thousands.
Speaker 6: Why wouldn't they do it himself? Then I don't understand they did.
Speaker 16: They also did one directly with us.
Speaker 8: Why would they do one through Wave eight if they were ponying up the.
Speaker 16: Whole best then mark because they found some tax reason? Why the plan you can't.
Speaker 6: Let's take this break real quick.
Speaker 8: Any questions for these guys, I'd love to hear them in any problems or issues you have. Three oh three Martino, we have lines open, hold.
Speaker 5: On go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com.
Speaker 6: To list your home with Remax Alliance.
Speaker 5: Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 8: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We're talking to Barry Miller and we're also talking to John Clace. We're talking money retirement. It's pretty interesting stuff, guys. John, we're interest right now.
Speaker 9: Uh you know they're you know a little north to six and a half.
Speaker 8: Are you seeing a lot of people doing a pretty much cash outs to pay off credit card?
Speaker 9: What are you seeing they are? Because credit card payments off, So we're seeing a lot of people consolidating debt in their effective rate on all their their money is gone. And then when you talk about the all in one loan, yeah, I mean I can't really talk rates, but when we go through our simulator and stuff, you know, the people's effective rates, they're typically below four percent for the right client because of the money's in money.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, what's incredible about that product is whatever you have in your checking account offsets whatever's out on that line of credit, if anything's out. I mean some people you don't just have the line of credit. The other thing that's interesting is it's simple interest. So you guys aren't front loading like a lot of people do, like on a traditional mortgage.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you look at a traditional mortgage. Everybody's seen that those amortization schedules. You're paying the bank all interest for them ten twelve years.
Speaker 8: That have a say a small business where they're cash flow and I don't know, one hundred thousand a month or whatever the cash flow is, and then basically they sweep it into that checking account in there and then sweep it back as needed, but that would offset they might have zero mortgage payment.
Speaker 9: A lot of the year, we do a lot of small self employment people that you're right. They they you know, they'll pay their taxes quarterly or something like that money'll sit in there that.
Speaker 8: Personal does that money have to be So let's say I go through you. You guys are the bank CMG, So I open up a checking account that comes along with this product, the All in one, because that's how you access the money basically that line of credit correct and then you have a checking account that offsets it.
Speaker 6: If there's money out.
Speaker 8: If I had a business, like I'm saying now, could I have my business account there, would I have to sweep from that account into the account attached to the all in one.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so our account it doesn't we don't do it on commercial, but it has an automatic sweep, which is really what makes it work good. Yeah, it's so easy to use. You can do ach transfers with your business account. Oh, so when you go to pay your businesses for tax purposes, you just put the money back in there pay out the checks so that stays on the on the business side. But it's so easy to go in and transfer.
Speaker 8: And the part it's really crazy we're talking about it, but we call it. You know, it's somewhat a liquid loan. But it's a thirty year line of credit. I mean, there's no other I don't know of any other product. Didn't you tell me it started like in New Zealand or Australia.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Australia, Australia McQuary. But it's true thirty year line of credit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, true, thirty your line.
Speaker 8: So let's just say it's a million dollar house, you have a basically what do you have to be?
Speaker 9: They say, we'll go eight hundred thousand, so.
Speaker 8: Hundred thousand dollars line of credit that you can feed from all you want. Yeah, and it actually eats itself, meaning let's say you get laid off for fours and you can't make the payment, but you still have money in there. It'll literally pay itself.
Speaker 9: You never actually have to make a mortgage payment. That it's doing. I say, it's the last loan you'll ever need as long as you're in that house.
Speaker 8: And here's the other thing, though, I think it would be perfect for a lot of people that can't qualify for it. And here's what I mean, I think it's better. Well, you guys do a ton of reverse mortgages, but I guess if you're not at sixty five, then the reverse, what is it fifty nine and a half.
Speaker 9: So now we actually some Colorado, we can go down to fifty five sixty Tuesday.
Speaker 6: First mortgage verse.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I guess the benefit. Well, okay, what's the difference? Still, I'll get you in a second. I cannot believe what I'm reading. I cannot believe I'm reading another issue with renewal by Anderson. Go ahead.
Speaker 9: We used to call it like the reverse before you qualify for a reverse, because, like you said, it almost works like I've had clients where they've been in the loan for three years, they lost a job. Well, you know, a regular loan will say you can't make the payment. I don't care, you know, gang the star four click the money you've built up, you make that payment for it.
Speaker 8: Basically, let's just say you do it, and you you could live there literally forever and not It is just like re excuse me, a reverse mortgage.
Speaker 9: It is as long as you have that equity built up.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, In fact, it's better than a reverse for some people because you can tap eighty percent on a reverse. You're going to be lucky to tap fifty percent.
Speaker 9: It's just the qualifying is different. Obviously, that's where.
Speaker 8: It gets weird because you got to have that cash flow. But a lot of people will qualify because it's not just cash flow or income based. They also look at retirement accounts, other properties.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's asset based.
Speaker 9: But we can combine. We can do either asset or income or both. We use income plus assets, so.
Speaker 6: You can do it anyway.
Speaker 9: Qualify it.
Speaker 6: Well, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 9: Actually it does help. It helps a lot.
Speaker 8: You can have three you said.
Speaker 9: Yeah for one person, but you really want to make it your primary checking account. So when you get to do the second or third is because you want to open up equity on.
Speaker 8: Investment properties and then on an investment property though Barry, really, depending on the cash circumstance for the person, it might be better to do a thirty year. You might want the lowest possible payment while you're renting it out.
Speaker 16: Maybe, But we have a lot of people Mark who are on a five, eight and ten year plan for retirement. Yeah, so that then we're turning the make a lot of money with equity, continuing the equity but in the fourth, fifth, sixth year buying properties all cash so that they'll have it their entirement time. And then I go with the all in one loan because we'll help people get that thirty year quote competitive mortgage. Well, if they have it, we'll have that paid off in eight, ten or twelve years with the all in one loan.
Speaker 9: And then also, like you, they can make cash offers and get better deals on properties sometimes.
Speaker 8: Take on the exactly if you think of the all in one and what John's saying there is like when Susanna and I go look for property somewhere. We've been looking in slide Dell, We've been looking in Florida. Because of the line of credit, I simply go to CMG and say, hey, I'm gonna make a cash offer on this house for a million bucks.
Speaker 6: I need a bank letter.
Speaker 8: So instead of having to go deal with getting finance and stuff, CMG basically says, yeah, he can write you a check for a million or whatever the amount is. So, I mean, it is pretty cool. It is like shopping with cash, even if it is a line of credit. It's literally cash. And when I say this, there's no scrutiny. They don't care. It is my money. I'm to go to Vegas right now, and you know, write MGM a check for a million dollars in cash. It you could, I mean, seriously, it is your money money. It's pretty remarkable. I do Stella. I promise I'm gonna come back to you. I just can't believe that there's another issue with Renewal by Anderson.
Speaker 6: For so many years, we had almost no calls.
Speaker 8: Ever in the past six weeks to eight weeks. This will be the third hold on.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Three time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 8: All right, three oh three seven one, three eight.
Speaker 6: Two five five, we got some lines open.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go to Stella with an issue with Renewal by Anderson, and this hour, by the way, is brought to you by Paul the Waterman, the best for less. Susanna and I got a system from them a couple of years ago. We couldn't be happier. And the reason I'm so happy is it was more than half the price of all the competitions. He's got one out there right now, gets rid of forever chemicals, those microplastics gone. You're not going to ingest them in your house, not on. Not only that, but it softens the water and it handles the chlorine. Think about that. Three things under thirty six hundred bucks. The competition, you'd be well over ten thousand and four. It's an incredible deal. Check them out at waterpros dot net. We've been talking to Paul forever about these waterpros dot net. Now Stella, What is going on with renewal by Anderson.
Speaker 21: Well, good afternoon, it's good to hear your voice. I might clarify renewe by Anderson. They are doing business in the state of Colorado called Window Warmth LLC. So I just wanted to bring that out, but I didn't realize what their reputation was. So back in February, we had a guy come out give us a sales pitch because we needed new windows. We liked the kid put down some money for the windows. Big mistake maybe anyway, So they just came out on Thursday to do the installation. The crew of installators seemed to be competent, but they miss measured the windows and the gaps on the whole window.
Speaker 8: Wait a minute, wait, wait, Marstella, are you saying, not only it's evident if there's a gap, they mismeasured it, but why would they install it if they get there and it's mismeasured. You're saying they still attempted or still did install it.
Speaker 21: Yes, and I left them alone because my husband was at work, and he came home and we went out to see how things are going. Noticed the gap and the installers. I don't know where they're from, but not locally. I don't think. He said that this is their setup.
Speaker 20: They order windows for people.
Speaker 21: They have to make them work. They put them in, no matter how hodgepodge they are. And he goes, most consumers don't pay attention.
Speaker 2: Like we do.
Speaker 21: He goes, we put them in, fill them with foam. That's just how this company works. They got to put them in, no matter what.
Speaker 8: How does it look? I mean if you sent me pictures, I mean what I have to really zoom in to see that.
Speaker 20: There's no not at all.
Speaker 8: No, do you have any pictures of it?
Speaker 21: Yes, sir, I took tons of pictures I took before they started the install the install and what do they.
Speaker 8: Say now when you call up and go, hey, this looks horrible.
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 21: The supposedly the supervisor of the installers came out. Well anyway, let me back up.
Speaker 20: So the ninety four my husband called him.
Speaker 21: They got into a He was so caustic towards my husband, who, by the way, is used to dealing with people like this being in the military. The guy was so caustic, wanted to blame everything but the major. Then he set up a time he came out yesterday.
Speaker 8: Well wait a minute, wait a minute, stella. What else what he blamed besides the measurement? Is he alluding to the fact you guys did something wrong?
Speaker 21: He says, our windows are out of square, okay, and I I'll send you the pictures. I'm happy to because you would be shocked.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I want to see him.
Speaker 8: In fact, let me let me put you on hold, just because where I'm at in the show get those over to help at troubleshooter dot com. Kelly's gonna pick up and tell you how to get him to him. Kelly, send them to me, and send them to Nick Gravina as well. I want to get his take on at three oh three. I can't believe. And this is the same thing, isn't it.
Speaker 10: D Yeah, you know the gentleman who called a week or two ago with a seventy thousand dollars project by renewal.
Speaker 6: By seven windows.
Speaker 9: It was not measured.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And I'm just wondering how how does somebody go about mismeasuring a window and.
Speaker 6: Then then they blame the hole.
Speaker 8: I mean apparently the window that was in there before look good. Yeah, and now all of a sudden, it's the problem with with the hole or the house.
Speaker 6: Which seems curtain.
Speaker 10: When you measure the hole, you know, you just go X by y in inches or centimeters, right, depending on which system and my theory, maybe they're using the metric system when they should be using the American one.
Speaker 9: I don't know, but it's possible. You think, you know, you only have one thing to do, right, Yeah, we had one job. Yeah, measure X and measure y and put it down on paper.
Speaker 14: Doc.
Speaker 11: Did she paid by credit card so she can put a hold on it and.
Speaker 8: Dispute the charge. I would assume it's seventy grand plus. I doubt they take a credit card, but we'll ask her hold tight.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Room for excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 8: Okay, listen. I have seen bad window installations over the years. We have seen plenty of pictures, but what I am looking at right now is absolutely possibly the worst installation I have ever seen of windows.
Speaker 6: It's crazy.
Speaker 8: There is gaps that aren't just gaps. They're like maybe an inch to an inch and a half. There's play is where they have so much foam. If the foam wasn't there. There could easily be four or five inches of gaps on these renewal by Anderson windows. This is so unacceptable. I'm dying to know what they're even thinking about. Where does it stand, Stella? Are they refusing? Well, I mean, there's no way you can tell me that this is acceptable or they find it acceptable.
Speaker 20: Well.
Speaker 21: Yes, the supervisor who came out, who was a bully, told me that they were installed properly, that my windows were out of square, and he was shaking his tape measure at me, and I said, that's on your majure for not catching that.
Speaker 20: And I said, plus, my windows aren't out of square.
Speaker 8: Because I don't even know why that would be that big of a deal. I mean, they would be able to square them up when they're installing the new ones, I would assume. But here's what's getting me. And please don't don't be at the pictures you sent. That is how those windows sit right now. They haven't done anything since then. If I went out and looked at it right now, it looks like that.
Speaker 20: It does not.
Speaker 21: And I'll tell you why, okay, Because this supervisor named Jesse, they came on Thursday. They left them open overnight, like I just sent you pictures, and then Friday they came out and the guy said, we are supposed to fell them in because we're going to get bad weather. And I said, if you fill them in, that does not mean I'm accepting them. I want them replaced because they are not sitting properly. He goes, no, we want to make sure you don't have damage from rain or snow. And I said, well, well, I don't.
Speaker 8: Think that's a bad I don't think that's bad. But hold on a second here, Hey, Nick, I am right up against the time.
Speaker 6: This is Nick Ravina. Did you get those pictures?
Speaker 19: Yes, I'm looking at them right now.
Speaker 8: What the hell I mean is that even close? Some of those gaps I see like I could put my hand outside. Is is there any way to take a window with those kind of gaps and properly install them. I've got to put you on hold, though, Nick, I mean we can call you back after the break. Stella hole tight. Mike's got a question on small claims three oh three seven one three eight two five five, Yet another issue with renewal by Anderson.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best Roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two Ripped off News.
Speaker 1: Don't come run in just.
Speaker 8: As as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, Welcome.
Speaker 8: My friends to the only show of It's kay. We are here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. You know, we have a YouTube channel, and I just decided something. I don't care what I have to do. If I got to literally just take back control of the video. I gotta be able to post pictures, and right now I cannot post pictures. I want the entire world to see how bad this installation job is. But now I'm gonna go to one of our experts in windows Gravina Nick Gravina and Nick, I think you got to look at him by now?
Speaker 6: Am I missing something?
Speaker 8: Or would you would any installer like literally leave that job. I mean, please tell me what you make of it. I've never seen anything so crazy.
Speaker 19: I mean, I definitely think they're short. You know, measuring trapezoids and stuff like that can be tricky. The outside is pretty deceiving. I'd like to know a little bit more about what was in there. I'd assume maybe some brickmall maybe, but yeah, they a lot of them look, you know, shorter than.
Speaker 8: You know, just you know, it looks like if some of them look like they're possibly four or five inches short, right, Yeah, I mean is there any way to install that or do you got to reorder at that point? I mean, is there any way that renewal can salvage this?
Speaker 19: I mean, they could trim them. I still think that they're short. I mean, any window can be trimmed, you know, but how ugly does it look at the end of the day, you know, and they really got kind of shorted by, you know, quite a few inches on some of them. You know, I'd be more than happy to go out there and take a look too, because I do think, you know, they should be tighter than what they show on these pictures.
Speaker 8: Hey, where are you located? Where's this house? Stella?
Speaker 21: I'm in Peyton, Colorado for the life, kind of east of Colorado Springs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's pretty far, Nick, that's insanely far.
Speaker 19: I know, the last three of them have been kind of out everywhere.
Speaker 14: Kind of out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they never say they never say the Tech Center, do they? Or Lakewood? Yeah, it looks like, yeah, we're in Durango. Oh gosh, yeah that's no.
Speaker 6: No, we're not in Tarango.
Speaker 8: Nick. I mean that's up to you. Do you got anybody you'd want to send out there? I mean, that is a very far deal. It's just that's that's completely up to you many Stella, Hold on, go ahead ask her, Nick, do you have.
Speaker 19: Any pictures of what existed originally?
Speaker 21: Yes, windows that were put in when we built that sun room, and they were tight. I do have a video that I took the night before, and I can tell you there was no huge gaps like what Anderson's Croup created.
Speaker 19: What material was the original ones that they tore out?
Speaker 21: Well, I don't know if I can tell you truthfully, kind of a metal black on the outside with a screen, okay, and they were side and they were side windows.
Speaker 8: But you have pictures of that, right, Stella.
Speaker 21: I do have a video of how it looked before they took the windows out.
Speaker 8: Okay, yea.
Speaker 19: I would like to see what was in there to help me because on the outside, you know, it could have had some brick mold, which makes out look you know, worse than it really is. But you know, it's kind of nice to have all the information. But I do think they definitely made some of them very very short.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm looking at one here, there's foam next to it. If you take the foam out, i'd say it's a three to four inch gap up against the stucco or whatever that is.
Speaker 14: Yes, Ray brick.
Speaker 19: Bold usually takes some about two inches of that.
Speaker 6: Did you have brick?
Speaker 21: No, we had some sort of cheap sighting and we decided to stucco our house. So those the pre existing windows were in when we stuccoed the house, and so they put those blocks kind of around the windows to just make it look fancier.
Speaker 8: I guess really the question the question for me, and we'll get you that video if Stella can figure out how to get to me through maybe Gmail or a link or a drive link or something, or a drop box. But I'll get that over to you, Nick. But really the question is they're basically blaming the windows or not. I'm sorry, they're actually blaming the whole or the framing. What exactly did they tell you, Stella?
Speaker 21: Well, the supervisor of the installer came out with his tape major and tried to tell me that because the top windows were a little different, there was no way they were ever going to fit good. And then he tried to tell me that the window was out of square and they would never fit properly. So everything was the house's fault and not their.
Speaker 8: Nick, I'm just I'm just curious industry standard. Let's just talk about that right now. If you came out is his industry standard. I understand there's things they can do to fix the job without reordering or not. I mean, I don't know, That's what I'm asking you. Where would you guys stand on this at this point?
Speaker 19: I mean I'd probably be too happy with my measure tech at this point. Again, we would have, you know, probably tried to address the things that they said after the fact. If we thought that they were completely goofy. Yeah, you know, we would have brought that up at the measure and saying, hey, these are these are squarely. We're going to do our best to get these.
Speaker 8: You know, the line up you start prepping.
Speaker 19: We try to measure for We try to measure for square. Most windows are out of square. But how extreme you know, I'd say anything you know, probably bigger than a half inch probably should be addressed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean how much is over a half inch there?
Speaker 8: Stella? I mean how many windows? Everyone?
Speaker 21: Well, we had three, we had all the recount is.
Speaker 8: Really your problem that those top two ones, the triangular ones, is that your main problem?
Speaker 2: No, it's all of them.
Speaker 21: It's all of them that they stuck with foam and foam the cinebrates, because I mean, there's so much staing foam in there.
Speaker 8: How would you if you had no choice but to fix those, nick, how would you actually fix those gaps? You would foam and then possibly put like a like a border around made of another material to hide the gap to make it all look even or what what is fix if they refuse to redo them?
Speaker 19: I mean, you know, I think they use a lot of trim coil, which we use a lot of trim coil as well. I mean that's kind of an industry thing, so you can kind of bend at whatever you need. It's out of aluminum now using matches. The window got it so on the outside, I'm sure they would finish it with an aluminum trim coil, and I would do the same thing again. I'd probably like them to be a little bit bigger. But and then the inside they probably have some type of a flat stock they can use as a frame expander.
Speaker 8: So they should be able to make these look acceptable and efficient, right, Yeah.
Speaker 19: I don't think the efficiency. I don't think they're doing anything with the efficiency. If they insulate them and they trim and cock them in and out, I don't think the efficiency is any different depending on the size. I think it's just more of the aesthetic at the end of the day.
Speaker 8: Hey, Stella, if they can make them look good, I mean, this is our window expert. He's saying, you know, you should probably allow them to do that. But let me ask you something. Where are you in payment? Did you pay for them? Are you financing them? Where are we?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 21: No, we we gave them fourteen thousand dollars down and owe them twenty eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: And they're trying to collect that before they finish or.
Speaker 20: Were they They did, yes, sir.
Speaker 21: The guy, the installer told me that he needed a check, and I said, there's no way because we're still waiting on a French door to be installed, which by the way, is the wrong door. But the guy tried to tell me they.
Speaker 20: Were going to put it in anyway, and.
Speaker 21: They the finishing wood that they brought out for the inside is not even wide enough to fill.
Speaker 20: The gaps, so we may have to just hire.
Speaker 21: A finishing carpenter to do that. So they didn't put our friendship.
Speaker 8: How did they get How did you did you write them the twenty eight thousand dollars check?
Speaker 21: Oh no, no, I've only we gave them the deposit when they were here.
Speaker 6: That's all you paid is fourteen thousand.
Speaker 20: Yes.
Speaker 6: Are they threatening to come after you?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 8: What are they?
Speaker 6: What are what are they saying? Or they're not even been talking.
Speaker 8: About that yet?
Speaker 21: No, I can't get them. I got on the Secretary of State's website to figure out where this window warms place was and who owned it. I got hold of the right office and their supervisor was supposed to call me back today and I haven't heard anything.
Speaker 8: Hey, Nick, that's a whole separate thing. I don't know if you know this or not, but when I look up Window Warmths, it basically says a DBA is Anderson.
Speaker 6: Anderson.
Speaker 8: I mean is that I don't even know how their model works. Are they is renewal the manufacturers and everybody else? All the installers are like local installed people around the country because when I watch I've seen their infomercials, like on Saturday morning, and I always thought their main thing was, you know, you're dealing with the same people you're dealing with the manufacturer, they're also the installers or everything. I don't understand their business model. Do you know anything about it?
Speaker 19: I mean, I think you know they're fairly correct and that what I you know, Anderson renewaled by Anderson does make the windows. I mean it's an Anderson window for sure, got it? Everything I understand? You know they are they are kind of independently owned across states. Okay, so it's kind of like a franchise.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this one says Window Warmths LLC DBA Renewal by Anderson, Denver and Colorado Springs. So I assume whoever owns that owns that territory, and that's you know, that is Anderson's local dealer for Colorado Springs and Denver, right.
Speaker 19: And I think that's the same one we've dealt with before as well.
Speaker 8: What do you think it wants you? I don't want you to like. I'm just so curious when I have a company that I have not heard any issues from forever that now all of a sudden, everybody that calls me on Anderson. I wonder if someone sold that franchise. I wonder if there's a new ownership. In my opinion, these guys really something changed. I don't know what changed with the exception. Now all I get is complaints on these guys. It's phenomenal. Actually, we just never had a complaint on them for years and years. It's like Champion Windows. For years and years and years, we never had a complaint. And if we did get a complaint, and it did happen occasionally, I guess maybe once a year we would contact the right person and it would be handled every time. I mean, and I'll tell you what happened. In my opinion, they went to hell. Champion went to total hell. They sold and there's a new way of looking at that company. I don't even think they build the windows in Colorado anymore, but they went to hell.
Speaker 6: In my opinion, they're horrible.
Speaker 8: Although I will say this, they seem to be getting a little better because the complaints have slowed down, but now all of a sudden, it's renewal. I just don't get it. I'm going to get you that video. What would you Where would you go from here?
Speaker 9: Nick?
Speaker 8: I mean, let's pretend you're Stella and you haven't paid the other twenty eight thousand. It looks the way it looks you're looking at it, and the door came in the wrong size. My god, I mean, Stella, my gut says you got to give them an opportunity to finish the job. The one good thing I will say is Nick made me feel better that even though they're this short, they should still be able to make it look like a good, clean install if they do it properly.
Speaker 19: Right, Nick, Yeah, again, I think it's making them work, So you know I would.
Speaker 2: I still don't mind.
Speaker 14: Going down there.
Speaker 19: I would love to see what was coming out.
Speaker 14: I really don't like some.
Speaker 19: Of these, like the flashing seems like it's not tapping correctly.
Speaker 8: I'd love it if you went down. I'll just leave it at that. I'd absolutely love it.
Speaker 19: Yeah, and then I can maybe talk to her Stella.
Speaker 8: Are you there all the time or what? Is that your primary residence?
Speaker 21: Yes, it's primary residence, and so yes, I would love to have you come down. And I'm not going to have them do any work until you well, they won't even call me back.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 8: The one thing, the one thing I somewhat disagree on you with those gaps right there, I mean, if it rains, I mean, you can get some damage going. And if they offered to come down and seal it up, whether it did temporarily or not.
Speaker 9: It sounds like they did in anticipation of bad weather.
Speaker 10: They kind of covered up the big gaps, didn't they Still, so the big gaps are covered up.
Speaker 21: And I sent you a picture, and I sent you a picture. I just went out and took another picture of what the outside now looks like. They send that to me inside how it looks.
Speaker 19: I'd try to. I would have them try to finish one window that you think is the worst, and so then we can you know, you can have the visual of what it would look like.
Speaker 8: When do you think you can get down there, Nick?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 19: Probably later this week.
Speaker 8: That's awesome, Stella, hold on, let me put you both on hold. By the way, that's Nick Ravena.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 8: He's running the ship down there from his dad, Larry. I think Larry moved to Florida. Nick's running in and out. It's a family trusted name and windows and siding indoors forever in Colorado. They've been on a refer list for a long time and I appreciate Nick going down there. You can check him out to it Gravina Windows dot com. Here's what I really love about him when I say it in his commercials all the time. Most window companies like this one, renewal by Anderson, they have one window they're trying to sell.
Speaker 6: That's what they sell. That's it.
Speaker 8: They're the manufacturer and they're they're franchisees. That's all they can sell, from my understanding. But Nick, Gravina has twenty different lines of windows. Twenty different no, I'm sorry, twenty different manufacturers with two.
Speaker 6: Hundred lines of windows.
Speaker 8: So whether it's a fix and flip or a ten million dollar house in Veil They've got everything you possibly need. Gravina Windows dot com. Kelly, make sure Nick gets Stella's number to reach out and Nick, I am looking really forward to your assessment in the day's coming.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine to zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 8: Coy, I really would like to know if something is changed, if you're in that industry, and you know if renewal by Anderson or what was the other name for him, a window warmth, have they changed owners? What has happened? How do you go from zero complaints for years to three and six or eight weeks and it seems to be sizing issues and then just the wrong windows, the wrong We had a passive solar house that they literally put the worst windows you could ever imagine on it, that are horrible for a passive solar house. It's just nuts. But it seems to be every week now. I would love to know what's going on. If you know, help at troubleshooter dot com. Help at troubleshooter dot com and you could remain anonymous, but let us know something's going on here. Thank goodness for Nick Gravina. He's going to go out and look at it and get back with some real information. It's just, uh, it really is bonkers. Mike, what's your question on small claims?
Speaker 14: Yeah? Mark you there? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Man, what's your question?
Speaker 14: Hey? What's the Is there a time limit? I have an issue with a company. It was we had some work done and they didn't finish back in May of twenty two.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, twenty the limit of Yeah, wow, I think would still be good under Is it three years? Is it past three years?
Speaker 14: May of twenty two? So yeah, the end of this May would be three years old.
Speaker 8: Line, man, you're making me ask, you're making me ask ai here, I think it's three years, but I want to verify that. But while I'm looking that up, let me ask you this what what didn't they finish?
Speaker 6: And why'd you wait three years?
Speaker 14: So I had I was going to do my rear patio doing that polyaspartic by uh, it wasn't Garage Kings.
Speaker 8: It was somebody else magic.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 8: Is that the contractor?
Speaker 14: By the way, that Garage Magic was the contract.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think they went out of business. Didn't they stick up? They stuck at a.
Speaker 14: Table yep, paid them half down. They came out, put the wrong sized product down. I wanted one inch flake instead of quarter inch flake. Yeah, came out, did that first layer. They went to launch. My wife sent me pictures. Yeah that's the wrong place.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're you're, you're good. It's four years actually wait wait, wait, wait a breach of contract. Four years for written contracts and two years for verbal contracts. So it sounds like you're fine if you have a written contract. But I'm a little curious here. If they're out of business, I thought they went bankrupt.
Speaker 14: That's that's the issue.
Speaker 8: Well, if they went bankrupt too.
Speaker 14: Credit card statement onlike credit card statement it's Garage Kings.
Speaker 8: Well they had a garage, So Garage Kings is like a franchise like McDonald's. So basically there was someone that owned it and then they sold it to somebody else. And at one point the guy on Elite garage stores who's on a referral list, he actually owned Garage Kings and he bought it or picked up that franchise from the guy that basically went bankrupt, the guy you're talking about. So it still doesn't matter. Garage Magic is out of business. I don't even know who you would sue.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and I there is an on our credit card statement. There's a nine to seven zero number that I called about a year ago. Yeah, talked to some guy named John. He's in Florida.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what did he say?
Speaker 14: By the way he goes, Oh, yeah, I know Tom. I've talked to Tom a one hundred times. Like, okay, I'm sure.
Speaker 8: You did, but well he probably did, because there was a certain point I was getting Garage Magic complaints like every damn every week. Man, it was exactly what you said. And see, this is why I'm gonna say this again. I don't care if they're on a referral list or not. There's one thing I am gonna say, unless if it's custom, don't pay anything up front. This guy with garage Magic was taken like fifty percent down and he basically didn't finish jobs. He took the money and went bankrupt. I mean, it is what it is. That's what happened. I'm sure he went out of business. I don't think like he tempted or you know, I don't think he was like. I don't think he set up it like a scheme. I just don't think he knew how to run his business at all. And the freaking guy went bankrupt and stuck a bunch of people. But don't pay up front, I don't care what it is. Why it just curiosity? Why did you pay up front?
Speaker 14: That's just it. That's what That's what it was. Policy was. And yeah, you know, since I got them off off referral list, I'm like, all right, well, I know you guys say don't pay up front, but yeah.
Speaker 8: I know, I just don't pay up front? Did I simply don't. I simply don't. And I know some members of our referralists do it, and Grudge Magic is a perfect example.
Speaker 5: To be.
Speaker 8: Very straight up, I never liked him. I didn't understand why they were on there, but that at the time, I didn't say anything. But I didn't like him. I know that guy from another business that he did. I'm not gonna say like he was ripping people off, but I just don't like to get so that's that. But it's too late. It's too late, and they did go bankrupt. I don't think he was stealing money on purpose or anything. I just think the guy doesn't know how to run a company straight up, just has no clue.
Speaker 14: And that's and that's what I heard. That John guy said the same thing. He goes, Mike manager ran the business at the ground.
Speaker 10: Yeah, how much do you claim they still owe you?
Speaker 14: Well, they owe me two thirty eight dollars.
Speaker 9: Good.
Speaker 8: And you never had the job done, did you?
Speaker 9: It sounds like it was unfinished.
Speaker 14: I got. Yeah. They came down, they did the concrete straight, you know, standing down. Yeah, they put a first layer down, threw the flake down, went to lunch, came back. I said, well that's the wrong size flake. They said, they'll order the flake, come back and redo it, and then just timing wise. And then it got into you know, fall, and when it was too cold, so the following spring they were going to do it and timing again. And then in May they were out of business.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they they It sucks, man, I mean I'm to take in fifteen calls exactly what he's saying. They took half the money up now, some of it right before the end. I did get a bunch of people refunded their deposit, and the guy simply ran out of cash. I mean that's kind of first come, first serve, is how the refunds worked.
Speaker 9: Mike.
Speaker 10: Were you listed as a creditor in their bankruptcy filing? Do you remember getting all those letters from the US bankruptcy court.
Speaker 14: I don't think received something like that.
Speaker 8: I don't think anybody forced him into bankruptcy. I think they just shut down.
Speaker 9: Oh so it wasn't a bankruptcy. They just went out of business.
Speaker 8: They just went out of business. No one forced the factor created a lawsuit to where they actually had to file. So, I mean, no one. Everybody was like in his case, twenty five hundred bucks. It was all right around there. Although I wish that did happen. I really do wish that happened. But yeah, man, I'm sorry, there's not us Yeah, there's not much else I can tell you. Did you ever call TJ up and see if he would come out and cut you a hell of a deal getting it fixed. If you haven't done.
Speaker 14: It, you know, we haven't done it yet. There was a company that came out I think was maybe Rock Solid or Solid Rock nothing.
Speaker 8: I'm going to tell you the guy to use. Man, I'm going to tell you the guy to use.
Speaker 14: Take over there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't care who it is.
Speaker 14: We're going to take over their stuff and get get payment from the old equipment or something.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and but still charges like another four grand. It's like, well, the whole bill was only forty.
Speaker 8: Yes, so it makes no sense. Listen, I want you to call tj Up. I have known this guy personally and his wife for coming on ten years. He's an avid listener. He has done my patio, he has done my garage floor. And I'm going to tell you something. About four years after he did my patio, some cracks came out. He was at my house about a month ago and totally resanded and totally refinished, completely under warranty. And you will not pay him a nickel until he is done and you like the job. He doesn't ask for any money up front. He does a great job. I now know the product personally because I've used him twice. And the patio is kind of weird because it's out outside and we live in Franktown. But the thing is great in the weather. But seven two zero nine three nine two four four eight seven two zero nine three nine two four four eight And by the way, tell them, and I'm talking just to you, Mike, tell him, Uh, basically, you know you were part of that whole garage magic because he hated that guy. And see maybe he will hook you up at a discount price. Let me know how that goes, would you please?
Speaker 14: Cannight? Should I said it'd be worth it me doing small clans or not?
Speaker 8: No, it's no, there's nothing to go after.
Speaker 6: There's nothing to go out, there's nothing to go after.
Speaker 14: Well that sucks. It does suck, all right, man, all right, yeah, I'll get ahold TJ. Thanks Mark.
Speaker 8: Thanks man. Uh, let's take a quick break for dragon strangles.
Speaker 5: Me go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay until you're contenth.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 8: Pay Jack Place CMG. Lenders reverse mortgages tru or false one. You can only charge so much. In other words, the federal government has stepped in and there's limits on how much someone can charge for reverse mortgage.
Speaker 9: True.
Speaker 8: Yes, And what is getting an idea of one of the limits?
Speaker 9: I mean, you know, if if your home value is above six hundred thousand, you know, the origination fee is basically like a maxis six thousand, So.
Speaker 8: You can't charge over six thousand on the origination on the origination. Now, let me ask you this. Can you charge less than six thousand?
Speaker 9: Yes? You can?
Speaker 8: Do you guys charge less in the maximum.
Speaker 9: A lot most times we do. People.
Speaker 6: Yeah, people don't realize that.
Speaker 8: They think it's they think if they shot for a reverse mortgage and they actually think this. There's a lot of people that think this about a thirty or fixed too. They think everybody's going to be the same, and it's simply not true.
Speaker 9: Not true, not close. Now everybody's same on the high end. But you know you can.
Speaker 8: Well the reverse mortgage, you can't go over six right, right, And that's what a lot of reverse mortgage people tell people is like, oh, we're all regulated. We can't charge you more. I know that, but they can charge less.
Speaker 9: Yes, the heckam the federal go they copy what you can, but you can always charge less.
Speaker 8: And what age for a reverse mortgage? Now, fifty four to fifty five?
Speaker 9: There's some products out there. You can go to fifty five. I mean, sixty two is still kind of the heckum the main product. But we backup. There's products we can go at fifty five. We can do a a second mortgage now on a reverse.
Speaker 8: Oh wait, so let's say wow, on a reverse. So if I was let's say locked in on my original thirty year and I and I had fifty percent plus of the home paid for, but it's a two or three percent mortgage rate and I don't want to get rid of it, I can do. I can put a reverse on this on a second.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we do. It's called the home safe second. As long as you have the equity in there, and a lot of people want to keep that. Like you said, they may be twenty years into it, so they're paying mostly presents.
Speaker 8: We'll get down off soon. Yeah, and then the only loan or the only loan remaining is going to be the reverse.
Speaker 9: And it's a great way for seniors to because you can pay off debt, you know, with you can get rid of rid of debt with is it always.
Speaker 8: From the youngest person in the home. Let's go back to the traditional sixty two and a half and let's say yours. Let's say the husband's seventy and the wife is fifty five.
Speaker 9: No, you can do them now, but they will. The calculations will lend you based on the.
Speaker 8: Fifty five age, but you qualify, but you can't qualify. Yes, okay, and I'm gonna get absurd here, but let's say the guy's eighty and the woman's twenty five.
Speaker 9: You could, but you'd basically, yeah, he'll you'd basically have to have a free and clear I mean you're gonna be gonna.
Speaker 8: Like credit million dollar Yes. In other words, it just wouldn't make sense, would make sense?
Speaker 7: Not verry.
Speaker 16: Can you have a first first reverse and a second reverse.
Speaker 9: No, I cannot do that because.
Speaker 8: Reverse is gonna own those.
Speaker 9: You can't do any kind of second on the first barry.
Speaker 8: You guys have uh, Tom might be there, he might not, But you guys have a.
Speaker 6: Zoom coming up, a webinar webinar.
Speaker 8: So anybody out there that's been listening about Vestera turnkey is that where they go to sign up?
Speaker 16: They go to My Biggest Return dot com dot com my Biggest Return doc and it's free. It's this Saturday, one hour in length.
Speaker 8: So you just log on, check it out and ask any question anywhere.
Speaker 16: Well, we take the questions afterwards because we pack information afterwards the questions. We stick around for two hours and we're answering questions.
Speaker 8: And what's the average people, let's say in the past. Let's just take I don't know what three years. What's the average rate of return for someone that started three years ago?
Speaker 16: Three years ago now, the average rate of return would be between forty six and fifty four percent.
Speaker 8: Tell me that's not incredible.
Speaker 9: It's a little.
Speaker 16: Lower now because of the higher interest rate. Still incredible, but but the little lower now means forty two to forty one.
Speaker 8: And they could always REFI.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, people, and they will they will be and they listen.
Speaker 8: I want people to understand this. I mean, these guys make it easy to make those returns, but you own the house. You could, you could buy it and sell it tomorrow if you want.
Speaker 9: You hold the at.
Speaker 8: There's no long term agreement. You guys aren't on the deed. Whoever it is owned the property. Yeah, and you can use whatever realtor you want. You can do whatever you want. So what you're crazy to do it that way, because that's what these guys specialize in. But I just want people to understand you're not like giving him a chunk of money and you own nothing. You you literally own that property.
Speaker 9: You own it.
Speaker 16: We had two people who ran into job problems, like they were losing their jobs. Sure okay, and they said, Barry, and they stay in touch. We stay in touch. They say, hey, what do we do? I said, well, let's.
Speaker 9: Talk about it.
Speaker 1: Both of them.
Speaker 16: We talked it through for a month or two when they got their job largely back. But we have a pool of buyers for it right there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're ready, said.
Speaker 16: You don't have to listen and go through all of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're right.
Speaker 9: Now, and we were ready.
Speaker 16: But but then their jobs came back and they said we'd rather keep it berry. I said, keep it, keep it, keep all right.
Speaker 8: So I want to give a couple numbers that real quick. So John Clace, partner in lending dot Com c MG Financial once again. These guys do two billion plus a month and lending you go straight to the lender. That's these guys reverse mortgages, ten year, twenty year, thirty year, pretty much any term traditional.
Speaker 6: They're going to beat the rates.
Speaker 8: And on top of that, they have the all in one loan, which I don't think anybody else in the country has. That's what Suzanne and I have three oh three five seven seven seven two zero six. And I promise you, if you're dealing with someone right now, send over the paperwork. What do you look for the truth and lending.
Speaker 9: It's called the lending estimate, a loan estimate.
Speaker 8: Look at the loan estimate. Send it over to John. He'll eyeball and say I can beat it by this, or if it's the best deal out there, or you'll say that's.
Speaker 9: All great, that's a great deal.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, it's just more information. A lot of people don't think of shopping mortgages. You have to three oh three five seven seven seven two zero six three oh three five seven seven seven to two zero six partner in lending dot com than Barry. I've got the wrong website up here. Give it to me again, my biggest com. Check it out, Get signed up. It's an hour of your time. Think of the numbers he just gave. He teamed up with Wave eight. That's Martino's financial advisor company. Check them out. You have to check him out, My Biggest return dot com. We'll be right back, Robert hold On