Speaker 1: Welcome to the Marvel Lions Podcast. We'll recover anything and everything to do with the Marvel Universe and the comics, TV and movies. We will go from US six one six to the Mojo Verse to the TVA in order to bring the Marvel Unise right to you. I'm the Man without Fear, Chris.
Speaker 2: I'm the nerd with the mouth, David Alliance.
Speaker 1: Asembol Volume two hundred and eighty six. And we were we were not necessarily wondering if we were actually to have a show this week, and what does what does Sony and Amazon Prime do? They dropped the first trailer for Spider Man. Excuse me, Spider Noir. That's not gonna get that's not gonna get old at this point, Spider Noir. So that is what we will be breaking down tonight. That not only the trailer, but some first details coming from Esquire, some first images that are being coming out from the show. So happy to be doing a show. This is gonna be a lot of fun and very very interesting trailer, especially that's gonna be in two different versions. So but I'm excited to talk about it. But how has been your week, David?
Speaker 2: My week has been pretty chill, just getting through the work week. I've got half a work day left and then I am headed out of town for the second biggest Marty Gras in the United States, to just have some fun this weekend, see some friends, and then come back home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like a lot of fun. Yeah, this is our first official week, full week back. You know, no winter storm winds, terms are gone, we have snows. We actually had a little bout of spring this week is seventy degree weather that quickly went away. But you know, I'll deal with fifties and sixties as temperature highs versus what we've had for the past couple of weeks. But yeah, it's been you know, full week down. Need some recovery from it. You know, when you haven't had a full week of work work in almost a month, it's it's tough getting back. Yeah, but but all right, Well we let's see we got someone in the chat. Look at this. We've got Emo nerd girl. Hey, guys, how you doing. And then we've got bears Layer. Good evening, guys doing the homework for Comfoot Club. As I listen to you, guys, tempts are going up and I'm digging it. Yeah, spring hopefully is around the corners. So all right, so before we start breaking down the trailer and all everything's going on with Spider Noir, let's get their show plugs out of the way network plugs. So we are part of the Geek Ultimate Alliance Network with six shows coming the wide range of geek and nerd them to check out the full schedule, check out the show notes below, and describe to the Geekultimate Alliance Network on Twitter at g Waypod Networks, and we win all the shows drop. We also have a patren so if we want to throw a couple of shekels our way, we've got two tiers, our dollar tiers, our tip jar to say hey, you think we're doing a good job. And then we've got our five dollar tier with ad for episodes, early access uppisodes and Patreon exclusive shows. We've got a couple of shows in the back catalog for you all patrons. We've got we can watch this all day, the Marvel Lines, Infinity Saga, Rewatch Tales from the House of X where we watched our favorite movies from the Fox era of X Men. And then we've got the Baxter Broadcast, the Fantastic Four, retro film reviews, so all those shows are out there. We've got the DC Alliance skies doing their DC film through the years. We've got Joe doing his Multiverse minutes with his Disney dives with the first and the fifteenth of every month looking at the in chronological order, the animated classics from from the Disney Disney archives, and a lot of break back content. We want to thank our patrons. We cannot do this is that your support. But if not a member of our Patreon, if you would like to join, you can go to www. Dot patreon dot com backslast gua network so you can be a part of our lovely Patreon community. And if you can't join us on Patreon, if you could take thirty to ninety seconds and rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, wherever you get your podcasts. Will greatly appreciate it. And last, but certainly not least, we want to think our official sponsor Organicpricebooks dot com. I was gonna be a panel bound Comics dot com for your hardcover out of us collected, I should need JP at the grew of PBC. You've got it going on with the excellent customer service immaculate packaging ships around the world. We've got a couple. We've got a couple of new omnis in there. We've got ichikurcoa rate of X volume one. We've got X Men Blue and gold Blood ties, and we've got uh, let's see what else from Marvel. We've got the Art of the Mighty Thoor, a lot of great stuff. Use that code Marvel GUA check out to get two dollars off every single order, or use that code MGUA sit for when you get five percent off for four when you order four or more books together. Let us know you're a listen. We want to thank them for being our official sponsor, all right, so we will for those that aren't watching and just listening at that point, there are two versions of this trailer, because there's going to be two versions of this show. One will be in black and white as the comic was done at that point, and one will be fully in color. So you know, why not lean into the gimmick. Which one are you going to watch?
Speaker 2: Primarily I was talking to burn about this today. I will watch every episode in black and white, and I may go back and watch one episode in color just to kind of see how it feels, but I'm definitely for my watch through, I'm going black and white. I feel that's the way that it is meant to be seen and that is the way that I'm diving in for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it that. As we're getting ready to play the trailer, it says Spider Maund the authentic black and white teaser trailer. I actually did see the trailer in color on TikTok, so it was wasn't bad, Like you said. I may give it an episode or two to uh after I watched the black white version for my rewatch, I may do it like that. But yeah, So this was we found out the day before that they were going to be dropping this trail. We saw some screenshots coming out, the article was coming out, so it begged to you know that they were going to be releasing something, particularly that it's gonna be coming out in March. So are you ready to kind of talk about this and kind of break this down. Let's let's do it, all right, So we get Nicholas Cage playing Ben Riley hashtag not my Ben Riley, hashtag Brent's not Ben, Brent's bent Ben Riley either, the only Ben Riley is the Scarlet Spider Ben Riley.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they they they went away from the Peter Parker route. They went with Ben Riley to give it some difference, so that that is a a different type of feel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think that's probably you know, that's a personal gripe for me. It's just like there's got there's there's definitely some reasoning behind that and whether the audio. I mean again, it's there's got to be some sort of reason because if we can have a Spider Verse animated movie that has everyone either Peter Parker or some variation of it, eh, you know, but that's a personal gripe. So we have Ben Riley walking through basically, you know, uh, Tombs of Morture, all the all the different tombs, and we see our first look at him in costume. So it looks like a sche mask with white eyes. Literally, yeah, looks very.
Speaker 2: And I don't mean this in a derogatory way, looks very cosplay looks very put this together at homes stitch some eyes on the scheme mask that I had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean again, I like Peter Parker in the beginning, you know. So we get a first look of him in the full cost mountain daylight. So this has taking place in the thirties. That's a good stop right there, so you get another look like these kind of fast cutaways to know the action it's going to be there. Well, then we start from the beginning, so we'll talk about these characters in the beginning. But this is I believe this is our version of Black Cat if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 2: Yes, this they have switched it up just slightly, so we're not getting Felicia Hardy, we're getting Cat Hardy instead.
Speaker 1: Yes, Cat Hardy, and I do like throughout this very much leaning hard into not only the era, but the genre of films, the crime noir you know, the filmmaking style of it as well. Tell me about it. So it's going to be a prime original. He's talked about the tisies feeling the thoughts, so it's a mix of crime no r but also kind of psychological because again we're assuming that he's dealing with just getting these powers for the first time, but we don't see how he got these powers, but we're assuming what he's experiencing is dealing with getting these powers and then taking over his body. Yeah, you know, he's lots of his impulse as we see all the spiders around him and managed to suppress him. So he's a private investigator most of the time he suppresses them. And this is our first look at Robbie Robertson.
Speaker 2: Yep, played by the great Lamarn Morrison, who a lot of people will know from New Girl and a lot of other projects. So I'm excited to see his take on this nineteen thirty ish version of Robbie Robinson.
Speaker 1: So the obviously, so we get the hint of like he got this is probably where the bite happened. All these different images and we'll kind of see what's going on, you know, our first look at one of our villains and see if I can go back a little bit full screen. Don't want that. Okay, this is gonna be and it's hard to tell in black white. This is our first look at this, this version of Sandman, and that's what it's gonna be interesting watching this in black and white and then watching in color. How because when I saw this in color, I could tell, oh, yeah, that that definitely looks the Sandman. It's hard to tell in the black and white though. Let me get another view of another possible villain. Some cracks in the screen. Yeah, there's well we'll go back, but there's like a spider looking creature. So the producer, Lord and Miller are producing this. What the hell happened? I beat him some guys in the bar. You see him beating some guys in any costume. He's drinking, and then I got plastered in that famous Nick Cage. That's where it's like, it's gonna be interesting because the Spider and we're not gonna say the Spider Man Noir character Peter Parker is a little eccentric in the comics, but I think we're they they kind of leaning into Nick Cage being Nick Cage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are definitely some moments like right there with the hand movement where Nick nick Cage is just being Nick Cage and.
Speaker 1: We're kind of seeing like this, Like we get a look at the closer of this one.
Speaker 2: This looks to be an.
Speaker 1: Updated ski mask versus when we see it like this, or you know, or it could be just kind of the framing of the lighting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this looks you can see a lot more defined webbing features on the mask, even though it's still in black and white.
Speaker 1: So with no power comes no responsibility. So David. I was saying this to David all Line before we jumped on. Yes, it's a plan. With great power comes great responsibility. This obviously he does have powers, but I think what they're calling out for this with no power comes no responsibility. He is not of a high class of in power. He does not control a lot, he doesn't have a lot of money. So what he's saying, if I don't have the power, I don't have any responsibilities, So why should I. He's going to act outside the law.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in a world of cops and gangsters, you know that that is definitely plausible.
Speaker 1: And then we get our first look at molten Man. I'm a bit of an existential crisis of him. Honest, cool hero shot, you know, first look at him using his webbing, some fighting going on, some falling. Got our first look at electro, so we'll pause it later. I love the swing and the swing it ain't bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they they have at this point, they have mastered the physics of the swing. So I'm I'm happy that even in the black and white, even with the noir, it still looks good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, watching too, it's authentic black and white and true hue, full color. So we get a preview what the color looks like, so I'll definitely give the color a shot. I think it'll be interesting. Like I said, like in the trailer, it's hard to tell certain things, but I understand, at least from a huge fan of that era of movies and the crime noir and film noir in general. I think for our first trailer it was it was pretty good. You know. It definitely gave me intrigued it, you know, jokes aside it it wasn't there. It wasn't as bad as I was worried it was gonna be. Bears Laire says, it's spider a spider Man noir black and white. Of course. Yep, it's three details in the chat getting a lot to Spidery this summer can't wait? Is this supposed to be the same version that was in common? So I don't believe. No, I don't think this is gonna be tying into Spider Verse at all. I think they're just taking the character that happens to be. They're casting Nick Cage as the same character.
Speaker 2: Yeah, keeping the voice, but it is a different character. The version from Spider Verse was a version of Peter Parker. So this is like we said, this has Ben Riley, so it is not the same. They are just keeping the voice in the inflections to kind of give you that familiarity, but it is a different take on the character.
Speaker 1: Yes, like I said, he's called Ben Riley hashtag not my Ben Riley. But so Esquire Magazine had a full exclusive of getting full access and dropping some isslusive first take, so I'm gonna pull some ideas from it of the articles. So uh, they you know, they go into the whole idea of the full color version and the black and white and they both and they Lord and Miller say that both formats were created so that the viewers could choose their own preference. The truth is they both work, and they're both beautiful for different reasons. Cage tells us the color is super saturated and gorgeous, so it's not just going to be modern color. They're going to kind of give it a a aura about it. That's what they call it, like true hue. I think teenage I think teenage viewers will appreciate the color, but I also want them to have the option they want to experience the concept of black and white. Maybe they would instill some interest to look at earlier movies, enjoy the art. The show runner says spider Man Noir, he hopes it feels like a relic from another time, even though the full color version doesn't look precisely modern. It's like a black and white film that's been colorized, and it's the inspiration that they had to do it, which we do see with a lot of different film.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I do like where they immediately after this that the color version will give you feels of Dick Tracy. So if you are at or around my age for context, I turned forty in a couple of months, you are very familiar with Dick Tracy. Well, So to have that that be where they were veering towards with the colorization of this, it makes it gives me hope for watching those episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great call. So they go into talking about like the character and you know, the newest introduction to Spider Man Noir was into the Spider Verse. They said it was the biggest no brainer of all time. Miller said, we called up our buddy or who had worked with us before, who we knew was the biggest Mara fisionado we knew, and we came up with the take that was perfect it, you know, they and so they were. They really loved the idea of a care that a Spider character that was set in this time period. They go on to say the death of the Spider history was important because Spider Noir was taking some big swings through the corridors of old New York. Although Kate voice the variant Peter Parker and Spider Verse movies, his fedora wearing gum shoe in Spider Noir series would have a different real life alter ego. This hero is Ben Riley, who was introduced into Marvel comics in the mid seventies as a contemporary clone of the young Peter Parker known as Scarlett Spider. In the show, Riley's mass crime fighter persona is not is not called Spider Man. He's just called the Spider, a callback to the early heroes of the era, like the Spirit the Shadow. There were several reasons for Ben riley change up. The main one was the nature of Noir's storytelling itself, the genres. So they say, yet they say that, I don't buy it.
Speaker 2: I think it's just because they have a Spider Man moved be coming out in a couple of months, and they're not trying to confuse the general audience with Peter Parker's.
Speaker 1: I think that's what they want to tell themselves. They're going to confuse the general audience. I think they're treating the general audience like a bunch of idiots. But they are not. You know, I think they can tell the difference, and those that can't, well, I can't help you. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: At this point, most general audiences are at least somewhat versed in multiversal theory. We can separate. Oh, this is not that version of Peter Parker. I mean, we've gone through this gauntlet of movies and series. You don't have to. Oh, we don't want the audience to be confused anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, spidermar could not be an optimist. Peter Parker feels very synonymous with high school kid boysh on his way up. So they chose the clone character's back door. It could be more easily adjusted to fit the pessimistic misanthrope. See, and that's the problem I have. Well, the going here's another quote. This character is very different from Peter Parker from the movie. He's older and jaded, not afraid to punch a guy in the face drunkenly, Miner says, while Lower chimes in, he's already had his Chinatown disillusionment moment that happened years and years ago. So if you haven't seen China Chinatown, do that for do that for homework for this weekend, because it's an amazing movie with the Jack Nicholson In another nineteen seventies take on the film noir genre, again, I that is a version of Peter Parker that like the boys to plucky things like that. That's not always who Peter Parker is, And that doesn't have to be the version of Peter Parker the version Tom Hollins Peter Parker's He's not that type anymore. So to say that that's that it is, I think that's I think that's more cover that I don't necessarily totally buy into, but you know, they want to, they want to put it out there. That's fine, but I do'll buy it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think again, Peter Parker doesn't always have to be the geeky high school kid. We've seen Peter Parker grew up in the comics before various resets, you know, and it's very well done. You can have a more adult, a more I've been through some things. I've seen some things type Peter Parker, and it'd be just fine.
Speaker 1: Yep. So instead of a kid coming of age while dealing with the surprisingly new power Spid Noir is a guy whose hero complex has collapsed into a midlife crisis. Ben Riley has already gone through the entire arc and has seen it all. He's over it. He's trying to move past it, but his past kind of creeps up, coming back to haunt him. It's just a different version that we haven't seen before, which I'm fine. Again, I have no problem with them making a chance. I have a problem when they're trying to give cover to something that's saying, just just be truthful to us, you know, don't try to give it again. I love the idea of making a shift if I want to have if I wanted the comic version, I have the comics. So I'm not saying that the change in identity is also the mystery. The producers say we'll be addressed in the show itself. I have to be coy about this reason because because you'll find out, Lord says, the reason he named Ben Riley is explained. Okay, and we'll leave it at that. Okay, I didn't need an explanation why Ben Riley, but that intrigues me, you know.
Speaker 2: And I hope it is a damn good reason and not just some throwaway reason. Yeah, you come back to later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's also a thing that producers sometimes, Oh you wait for it, You're gonna see it. It's like, really, that was it. That was a waste, Thanks for teasing that. Nicholas Cage tells Esquire that he saw his Ben Riley performance is seventy percent Humphrey Bogart, thirty percent bugs money given there as a comedic side to the mist, to the mystery story, but the producers say he's also gave them different description of what he was trying to do. Uh. Nick brought all this thinking to the character and really surprised us and was kind of a head slapper. Lord explains. His take was like, I'm a spider trying to cosplay as a human. He's code switching inside the body. He feels like an animal. So there you go. There's a cosplay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm not gonna lie. This is the one article, the one line of the article that did scare me because I'm like, oh god, Nick Cage playing a spider, cusplaying as a human. This can get off the rails.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So they go into now further. The supporting cast, they said. Among them is Robbie Robertson, a familiar face in the newsroom of the Daily Bugle. This version is still a journalist, but pounding as a freelance beat looking beat reporter looking for stories from the heart of the city. He's Riley's friend and collaborator, played by As You Said, Lamar and Morris, best known for the sitcom New Girl and his role as Garrett Morris in Saturday Night and his Emmy Award winning turnt as Fatally Honest Midwestern cop. In this season five of Fargo, they're both investigators, Uzil says of Riley and Ben, they both go back a long way. Their friendship has really deep ties. The biggest and most obvious difference is that Robbie is a guy who almost carries around a rabbit's foot. He thinks he's lucky and he's going all going to work out. Ben is a character who thinks it's never going to work out. It's always going to go terribly. Life's a big disaster. So Ben's citicism is kind of an opposing force for Robbie's optimism, and so therefore there is your Peter Parker luck, which he has none. So that requires an actor who consists optimism without seeming like a chump. Robbie's living in his thirties and the depression, and he's going through it, and he walks into any room thinking he can talk himself out of whatever problem finds him in the morning. Is so effortsly charming, and he's going to pull off. Yeah, I agree. I think that is perfect casting for this version. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If you're going to go for the happy buddy person like that, this is a perfect casting for that. I think that he's gonna encapsulate this version of Robbie Robinson very well.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Riley's other major support pillar is his trustee secretary of Janet, played by Karen Rodriguez from The Hunting Wives. In addition to fielding calls and set and set and setting appointments, she's a pretty good investigator on her own, and she's as a resourceful girl Friday when Riley needs help keeping up with everything. Janet isn't drawn from any particular Marvel character. She's an original creation as as we can have one as in this point storytelling. So that's you know again, that's fine. You gotta have someone running it. No film noir would be complete without a femme fatale, and that role is filled out by Kat Hardy, played by Lee June Lee, a nightclub sean talise who lures Riley into the underworld conspiracy at the center of the series. Comic fan full and men immediately be drawing a connection between her nickname and Felicia Hardy, better known as Master Receive. Black Cat. Lee has become known for the channeling women of this era of history. She's probably best known as a grocery proprietor Grace Chow and the Oscar Juggernaut centers. Yes what I say, I said, Yes I know her. Yes, really, she's Rita Hayworth, who's so great in Gilda and Lady from Shanghai. And then she's a little bit of Lauren Bacall because Bogie and Baccall go so well together. Here's some Kimba singer from Ali Confidential. I absolutely adore that movie in terms of how she fits into everything. She's an amalgam of different things, so that that's gonna be kind of a flum payoff. I mean that's I immediately you know clocked it right there. She's gonna be the femme fatale.
Speaker 2: And I'm excited to see how she pulls that off. From the trailers to just knowing and seeing the actor and various things to this description. I'm excited to see how they pull off, especially in that nineteen thirty feel of this having her in that role, how they switch up the black Cat roll to be that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The story of Spider Noir focuses on in gangling Balls known as silver Main, played by Brendan Gleeson, who has been the subject of repeated assassination at tempts. Maybe that's just one of the hazard of his business, or maybe there's a broader scheme at play. Riley starts to believe something's amiss when the in an arsonist suspect of setting a blaze to Silvermain's mansion, reveals that he can spark fire from his hands. AKA that is that is our new molten Man. Then Riley runs a foul of hired muscle named Flint Marco, and we also pause, that is the Sandman. So you're gonna see versions of Malta Man, you're gonna molten Man, You're gonna see versions of Sandman and also Electro as well. So that was kind of a you know, nice little deep dive in who had kind of given us a full picture of what is going to be looking at. So I'm gonna pull up the Deadline article that has some first looks at some of these images as well. So we see the Spider, not Spider Man, the Spider, you know, channeling his uh, you know, Batman on the rooftop with lightning and rain falling in the background. Got Janet right here, Robbie Robertson, Yeah, Cat, it's Private Investigator. Isn't a great look at the Spider?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And this article from Deadline looking at the black and white image of Nicholas Cage as been Riley akay the Spider, you can again see the detail in the mask and you can see the web outline. So it's I'm excited to see how this translates to the black and white fully.
Speaker 1: And then lastly, here's color shots of some of our villains. So off to the left hand side. This is coming from NeXT's point News Scream Grabs. They had you have the Sandman, this Electros looks like we're going to a version of Electro. We've got molten Man and this one right here that we don't have a name for it, but it's definitely you know, MULTII. So maybe uh one who's gotten bitten by a spider and kind of mutated a little bit more, not in the right way. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm cautious to see who this fourth character is. You know, it's hard to tell from steal who they could be playing if it's a brand new character, if it's a retooled version of a classic Spider Man villain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, so March twenty seventh. I think they said the release date.
Speaker 2: Is May twenty seventh.
Speaker 1: I think May twenty seventh, Sorry, May May March, you know whatever. Well good, at least we're not competing with other shows.
Speaker 2: Yes, May May twenty seventh, because I remember it being right after my birthday. So May twenty seventh is when this debut's and it looks like it's going to be a straight bin drop.
Speaker 1: I have feelings, many feelings on this. We just went through this. Goodness, gracious, stop doing this to us podcasters and content creators, please, because we don't even know how long these episodes are going to be, and a lot of Amazon shows last an hour, So stay tuned when we get towards May, and we'll let you know how we're gonna break this down. When we find out how long these episodes are. It may be another one because I don't know. I don't even know if we know how many episodes there are gonna be.
Speaker 2: I I don't know. As of right now, I don't I haven't seen anything that's been released that says how many episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but all right, so yeah, that was kind of fun. I'm I'm definitely very interested.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Friend of the show, Scott McClellan had messaged me with his tweet that you know very much gives us in City vibes. He's also a very big fan of the film noir genre like I am, so I know he's definitely here for this and like I said, it's it's it's definitely one yet we will cover on this show, and I'm very I have I have some my expectations have risen for this now that I've finally got a good look at it. So again, if Nick Cage is gonna get to Nick Cage as long as we kind of honor the character doing new spin to it. Sure, I'm down for it. Will you have a Rubik's Cube though? That is my question?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I again, I'm I'm excited to see I says a little bit of seventy percent humph for Bogar, but thirty percent Bugs Bunny. I feel like it's gonna be more fifty percent Humphrey Bogar, three percent Bugs Bunny, and twenty percent Nick Cage just being Nick.
Speaker 1: Cage, Nick Cage, Let's swing baby, all right. So we're gonna take probably what ends up being our only ad break for the evening. So listeners, these ads help keep the lights on the Geegle to Midlianes network. These ads. These ads, Uh, we don't control how many, how often they come on what they are, but gonna be that three count before they come because they could be a bit loud. So three two one, we'll be right back and we are back. Well, you got detail, says you look quite. You look younger, David.
Speaker 2: I I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I will be turning forty two in March, so you know, you know you're you're just a little bit younger than me. I always tell people how old are you I'm as old as the morning a night star. So all right, I do not think I checked the feeds. I don't think we have any questions this week, so you know, so that's okay, that's okay, No, nothing like that. But factor fictions we do have, and so once from last week that I had Hulk number one, Hulk will go into a new transformation in Spider Man Brand New Day seventy three percent said fact twenty seven percent of fiction. Number two, we will see the symbiate piece that was last seen, and Spider Man No Way Home return in some way in Spider Man Brand New Day sixty seven percent in fact thirty three percent of fiction. And number three Vision Quest will be a lead in for Avengers Doomsday fifty fifty split.
Speaker 2: Not sure, Yeah that I'm I'm surprised that that one was such a dad even split.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what can I say? Uh, you know, I want to want to you know, stump them at that point, right, Yeah, So but all right, what you got this week.
Speaker 2: Okay, Factor fiction number one is the Osborne family will be mentioned in Spider Noir.
Speaker 1: The Osborne family so just mentioned, not not seen, just like a throwaway line would count.
Speaker 2: Now it could be a throwway line. It could be an Osborne business in the background, a corporation, but the Osborne family will be mentioned.
Speaker 1: Okay, I could see them dropping in East tradit like that. I think this show is gonna be a lot of especially with Lord and Meyler at the Helm, I could see them dropping just those references. Say, I'm gonna go fact on that one. What about you?
Speaker 2: I think that they can't help but throw something. Just like how in a lot of stuff we get the rocks On reference. I think we're gonna get an Osborne reference here. Yeah, all right, the Spider AKAA Spider Man Noir will appear again in Beyond the Spider Verse, So this version Ben Riley Verse live action will appear in Beyond the Spider Verse.
Speaker 1: Uh, you want a pointing meme? Basically at this point, it could.
Speaker 2: Be a pointing meme. It could be how they cast Donald Glover as the Prowler in Across the Spider Verse. You know, just just some some way they are gonna shoehorn this version in there.
Speaker 1: I say, I'm gonna go, I'm gonna fiction on it. That's not a hard fiction, but I'm gonna go fiction on this because I think, I I if we're gonna keep them separate. I think we keep them separate. And uh, I want to see that version of Spider Spider Man Noir as voice by Nick Cage versus versus this right now, so I'll get to say fiction.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go fact on this. I don't think they will do the pointing Memes style crossover where they meet each other, but I do think that there will be either something in the background or crossing over a multiverse where they will have them go through this version of the Marvel.
Speaker 1: Universe, all right, and number three and the last.
Speaker 2: One, we will get another set of doomsday teasers before we get an actual doomsday trailer. We still have some characters that we haven't seen that we know are confirmed. We've got Loki, We've got the Abingers with a Z. We've got a nice handful of characters that we haven't seen yet in teasers. So I'm wondering we sam got a trailer yet. If they're going to give us a couple more teasers before they give us the real thing.
Speaker 1: I could possibly see it. I think it was a fun gimmick for what they did, and that it was tied into you know, you know Avatar. At that point, I think that it did what it needed to do. I think at that point people are gonna kind of get a little eyrolly with it. I don't think it's not gonna not draw good numbers. I think at this point people are gonna want a trailer. I think they're gonna have to give us a trailer, so I'm gonna have fiction on that. I think they'll I think they will move beyond this. Again, it's almost like that line from Ocean twelve Osian thirteen. You know, you don't do the same thing, you do the next thing, you do the better thing at that point. So I'm not saying no normal trailer is innovative. I'm just saying it's time for a real official trailer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm fifty to fifty on this. I think it really depends on what their their thought processes coming out of Spider Man. So I'm leaning more towards fact on it, just because I don't know if they will want to put something before Spider Man, or if they're going to have an ending credits to Spider Man that that helps lead. So I don't know if they want to play their hand beforehand, but it's getting about time we get somebody's trailer.
Speaker 1: Would you think they would pull what they did at the end of No Way Home and basically end up the the the post credit scene is basically the trailer for or would they just do a proper trailer right before? I think you got today?
Speaker 2: I think you gotta go proper trailer, Okay, okay, because they've only done that once and it was kind of interesting. Yeah, uh but all right, well I will post those on Sunday afternoons.
Speaker 1: Let your voices be heard with that, and uh let us bring the illustrious return of Comic Book Club reading Age of Ultron. Yes, for those I was listening, I'm holding up the physical oversized hardcover edition of the storyline itself. We are reading, we are breaking down tonight the very first issue of of this series. So so issue number one, good and good thing. I did you know issue so we're not reading anything kind of before after there, you know, there was an issue that uh that kind of was a precursor to it, but we did we did not read that one. So uh so the the the issue opens with New York City in a major, major, major disaster, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the city is is torn to shreds and there is a big presence hovering over the city.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. But someone is lurking in the shadows and watching, and it is Hawkeye and basically kind of taking down what ends up being a drug dealing a drug dealing uh house. Uh. These these people seem to be hooked up on uh mgh growth hormones and and so he starts taking about it. He's obviously looking for someone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he he is. He's on a mission now. Yes, he is doing the hero thing and taking out the bad guys and trying to free the girls, but he is, he's here on a different mission. And you know, he's telling everyone basically, hey, get out of here. I'm not here for you.
Speaker 1: Go.
Speaker 2: This is your chance to go now. The bad guys don't take them up on that offer. And man, this version of Hawkeye gets a little violent with these he's taking.
Speaker 1: He's going, he's not he's not aiming a wound. He's he's shoot to kill at that point. I mean. And he's one of the greatest marksmen ever. So even when he wasn't playing nice, he could play. When he was playing nice, he could have done this earlier. But who is he searching for and who is he trying to rescue?
Speaker 2: All right, so we see after a conversation or after a confrontation with the owlm with Hammerhead, that he is they have Spider Man tied up in their midst.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's rescuing Peter Parker, Owl Owl. The Owl and Hammerhead are the kind of runners of this, and they were going to be using trading in Peter Parker for I guess more free passes from what we end up finding out is the ultrons at that point. So as they're fighting, as Hawkey and Peter are trying to fight their way out get past it, they start it almost feels like it looks like an earthquakes happening, but looks like these ultrons are surrounding the area as they say, all humanoid life form you are to exit the premises immediately. And Al was saying, hey, he paid, there's an understanding, we give you this stuff, you're supposed to give a free pass. Well, they don't care, and so Peter and Hawkeye try to get out of there as quickly as possible, and the ultrons basically destroy the building in the area, and Hawkeye and Spider Man barely escape.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again you can tell that this is a different, more dystopian world. And at one point, once Peter is saved, he turns out Hawkeye says thanks for the rescue, and he asked him he goes, are there others? And Hawkeye replies not enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So they end up going into the kind of the underground and before we get to the underground layer, we see a fallen hillcarrier. Hawkeyed is not greeted well by excuse me, not gretty well by some of the fibers or so who is not happy to be Hawkeye again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Luke Cage has him pinned up against the wall and he's like, I told you not to come back. We've got a new look she Hulk, who's got Spider Man in a choke hole, like why are you here? And Tony Stark is there to give them the once over before allowing them any further. But it's it's pretty obvious that they told Hawkey, if you walk out of here, do not come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They didn't want him to rescue Peter because again they're trying to survive this and they were worried that he was going to lead him back or be a mullen, So Tony puts his mechanism over their mouth. They kind of scan their voices and also scan internally to see if Ultron has secretly infected them, because obviously that sounds like, you know, a very Terminator esque at that point to kind of do a detection run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's determined that they're clean of any known elements from Ultron, even though Luke says, hey, Ultron's evolving. You know, there's nothing that you know of. You scan for things, there could be something new. And then that's when Emma Frost shows up and says, Nope, they're definitely clean. Leave them alone, yep, And we see Wolverine right next to her.
Speaker 1: You know, they get it. Kind of a layer of the land and kind of the survivors of this and it kind of ends with you knows as no one gave up? Is it? What do you call this? Is that we have no plan? And whose fault is that he's working on it? Tony says, is that what you is? That what you call it? And you just The last shot is a splash page of Captain America sitting down, head inside and sitting down in defeat. So this is and that's how issue number one ends. And so the heroes are not in a very good place right now, and I'm not surprised because it's Ultron.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they they've gotten their butts beaten. Obviously.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Instead of being the forward, you know, let's let's go get them version of Captain America that we're all used to, this is a beat up defeat. It looks like defeated physically and mentally version of cap yep.
Speaker 1: So, but all right, well we will come to you next week with issue number two of Age of Ultron and kind of delve into what is going on, what has happened, and maybe get some more answers and maybe lead to more questions. But yeah, a shorter episode of Marvel Alliance this week. Again, it was just the you know, Spider Noir was our biggest thing, so we said, hey, it's good enough to have a show, break it down and we'll see what next week brings. So so tell David, tell people how they can follow you.
Speaker 2: You can follow me on all socials at the Phantom, you can follow me here on the gig Vers Network. As part of our wrestling showed the gimmick we just had a show this past weekend doing our final playthrough of w W two K twenty five with our my GM mode Tune in to see who took the leaderboard with that, we had a change almost halfway through the last couple of weeks. It was a fun playthrough as we get ready for WrestleMania season and the release of WW two K twenty six.
Speaker 1: Oh, which version of you getting? There's a lot of different versions you get.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of different versions. I am thinking I'm going with the Monday Night War version, but I'm not quite sure it's either that or the Attitude Era. It's one of the top two tiers. I haven't decided if I'm willing to pull the one hundred and fifty dollars trigger on that or not.
Speaker 1: That's a lot, But let me ask you this, what besides the different cover is it basically does it lock you out of certain things for versions or what's what's the gimmick.
Speaker 2: If you go and get the one hundred and fifty dollars version, Basically you get the first seasons of the Battle Pass included with it. So if you're familiar, if you play the game before, it's the season passes, that they really at least the delcs with now they are switching it more to a battle pass formula. I'll la Fortnite or Call of Duty where you play through and you unlock these things. You get the first six seasons if you get the Monday Night War version, like I said, it's all six. If you get the Attitude era version, I believe it's the first four or five. At Kings of King version is three, and then the regular version is just the game itself. If you get the King of Kings or above and you pre order, you also get it a week early.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, interesting, yeah, man, man, that takes me back the Attitude era of the Monday Night Wars man those and I will and I always was a Triple H fan. I know it was a heel, but I really enjoyed his character. So but yeah, all right, well, yes, you can follow me on all the socials act Chris Balga we just literally recorded right before I jumped down. Jake and I from Brave and the Boys. We recorded are monthly April solicits for Panel Bound Comics, so check that out. That would be coming out in next couple of days. Breaking down all our favorite pre orders for the April solicitations to check that out and definitely, as always speaking of Pedelbound Comics is our official sponsor. Make sure you make sure that you open there we go. Make sure that you use it code Marvel gua check out to get two dollars off every single order or use it code mg mg UA sit for get that five percent off for when you order four or more books together. But yeah, you can get you all the socials at Chris Balga. You can follow this show on Twitter at Marvel a podcast. You can email the show at Marvel linespodcast at gmail dot com and feel for to tweet, email or want to bride feedback, ask questions. All our dms are open. Continue to rate, review Marvel Lines on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, wherever you get your podcasts. We greatly appreciate it. Thank y'all for listening, Thank y'all for joining us live chat. Stay safe out there, everyone, and a state of man would say excelsi or true believers, all right. David post credits discussion tonight what he got for us.
Speaker 2: Okay, according to the direct on this comes also in conjunction with Daniel RpK that the rumor is Sony Pictures is open to sharing more Spider Man characters with Marvel. So, with that being said, which character would you like to see either debut or be redone under the Marvel Studios banner.
Speaker 1: Well, this is where we get to the crunchy part of the show. As a shout out to our good friend of the show, Chuck at that point, this is where we get to the crunchiness of this where we delve into these interesting topics. So what character would we like to see Redone? You know, low hanging Fruit, Venom. I don't think everything was you know, it was their version, but that's low hanging fruit. I mean, I think we both could agree Venom, we would like to see where you're done when we can commonly say.
Speaker 2: Venom was one of I had two choices for Redone, and Venom is definitely one of them.
Speaker 1: Okay, another character, let's see, man, I'm trying to stay away from Venom. The characters. I say, anything with Carnage was another one, but I didn't care about more based as a character, so it really wasn't when I was pining after I mean, I guess Craven in a way, but they're just there. Wasn't a lot. I mean, let me hear yours, because right now I'm just kind of outside of Venom. I'm not coming up with a lot.
Speaker 2: Craven was definitely one, especially because a year before we got Craven the movie, we had Craven as a part of Spider Man to the video game and he was so well done. You got that more look to and then you get this weird mutated version that's just a walking peda ad that is Craven the movie. So it's like, you you had all these tools, you could have made this incredible character. We know he translates well because we saw it back in the nineties in the cartoon version. We just saw it a year earlier in Spider Man two the video game, like you can do this character credit, but this version was just not hitting. So I would love a version that actually went toe to toe trying to hunt Spider Man. I think that would be an incredible villain.
Speaker 1: And bears Layer says redone Symbias and for a new character, Scorpion, Yeah, I mean again, I would love to see, like, you know, coming from Amazing Spider Man. The rhino was just a joke, yeah, you know, it wasn't wasn't that it wasn't that interesting. Yeah, I mean outside of Venomin and Craven, I'm not even gonna say Madam Webb and all those because that those doesn't own interest me, It doesn't you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's nothing about Madam Webb come into the screen that interests me at all. I know Ryan Coogler had said that he had wanted to use Craven as well, alongside Ulyss's Claw and Killmonger, but you know that was shot down. So that's And as for debuts, I mean, the low hanging fruit with that one is Miles Morales. Like, if I can get live action Miles Morales. I'm still hoping, wait and wishing come Secret Wars that we get live action Miles Morales. But as a huge fan of that character and the impact that that character had on my family and my kids, I want to see a live action version of Miles Morales. Yeah, I'll do one.
Speaker 1: Bet, I'll do you one like to your love of Miles. I love Miles, But my other one is gonna be Miguel. You know, I know what they're painting them in across the Spider Verse at that point, but too, there's so much of an interesting world building you can do in Nueva York and the world of twenty ninety nine with Miguel kind of at the head of it. You can have a lot of fun and just see I mean, just look at the set pieces alone. I mean just a mix of like a Blade Runner or a Judge Dread kind of atmosphere and things like that. Like, you could have a lot of futuristic fun with Miguel Spider Man twenty nine nine. That that Aaron, just build a whole new sub world within the Marvel Universe of twenty ninety nine and bring some new love to that universe, because I'm a diehard supporter of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Miguel would be great. I'd love to see their interpretation of him. I'd love to see him. I'd love to see that ninety nine. I'd love to see that suit and live action. I'm not gonna lie like I would love to see their take them on the on that seat.
Speaker 1: So but all right, well, we will see what news Marble news comes next week. But y'all enjoy your weekend and stay safe and we will hopefully see you next week. Bye bye. Yeah,