Speaker 1: All right, everyone, thanks for being with us. My name is Sandy. This is JB. Hello, Trush Us here too, Hi everybody, and we're off and running. BOYD, I do something stupid. I do a lot of stupid things, but this one. You ever do something stupid and it just irritates the hell out of you that you did it to begin with.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you start chanting to yourself. I did not just I did not just do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And in this one, it can't be fixed because it's I lost something, right, And when you lose something and you can't find it, it's not like there's any resolution until you find it. And I've yet to find it, and I'm not gonna find it. Here's what happened. I went to I got it was going to get a prescription filled at Achib, which I did, And when I was at AGB, I was like, you know what, I'm gonna cruise around and pick up a few other things while i'm here, some this and that, you know, And I was soon as I got my prescription, I was like, I should have done this last. I'm gonna do a lot of walking around this AGB. I'm gonna lose this prescription. Nope, nope, no, I'm not gonna lose it. I am gonna roll up the little brown bag, the hib pharmacy bag. I'm gonna put it in my front pocket, and everything's gonna be fine. So I did my grocery shopping. I'm super paranoid about it. I even remember feeling it for it in my right front pocket as I was going through the checkout.
Speaker 3: Making sure it was still making sure it was still.
Speaker 1: There, right. And then I get home and it's not a medication that I take. I take the medication in the morning, and so I get home, I put the groceries away. The next morning, I wake up, I don't have my prescription with me, and I have absolutely no idea where it is, no clue. I've torn the house apart looking for it. I've torn my car apart looking for it. And it's a medication that I take every single day. But it's a very highly regulated thing, medication that is really difficult to get a new prescription for. And there's nothing more, really, much more humiliating than calling not only your pharmacy but also your doctor and telling you telling them that, yes, you a fifty six year old man, grown adult, grown adult lost a prescription between between the AGB pharmacy and home. I mean, it's just and the medication that I lost is supposed to help me remember things. That's just it's just the worst part, unbelievable, But.
Speaker 4: That you were so careful about it and felted in your pocket and we're so aware of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 2: It's so frustrating, isn't it. Yeah, Yeah, it's funny. You mentioned my wife. We were chatting out on the back patio this the other morning over the weekend, and she pointed out how like when I lose things, I go from I go from like zero to a thousand with frustration. Oh yeah, And she's like, I don't have to deal is with that?
Speaker 1: I go.
Speaker 2: I go because I have to work so hard at it, right like you ever it go. I'm putting this here to remember it, Like you're making this extra effort and then it's still gone.
Speaker 1: You still lose it. It happens to me all the time with my wallet, Like I've got a certain spot in my room where I put my wallet. In my mind, that's where I put my I don't put my.
Speaker 2: You ever lose stuff when you're sitting in a chair and go I haven't moved.
Speaker 3: It's like little invisible demons or stealing y'all stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, you know what happens. I think it happens to everybody. Is I don't know how the TV remote control gets lost in bed?
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: It makes me irrationally angry when I am laying there and have it moved and can't find it.
Speaker 3: You have to get out of bed, and.
Speaker 1: You're patting all over the.
Speaker 3: Place, moving all the covers around.
Speaker 1: Right, and once you if you find it, when you're flip of the covers, it hits the ceiling. Because you're losing things is so much a regular part of my life that I would think I would have learned to deal with it by now.
Speaker 4: I also would think that you would learn that when you lose something, that you stop first accusing either.
Speaker 3: Me or Landry of having take it out.
Speaker 4: He is always convinced that we have moved it. I think he has misplaced it. I don't know how that's still an option for you.
Speaker 2: I do that too. I accuse Aaron, but she often does get rid of things.
Speaker 4: Yes, so yeah, I've heard how you talk about. But I don't move sandy stuff like maybe a glass. You were drinking a glass of water, and I put the glass of water away.
Speaker 3: But I'm not going to just randomly move your wallet, your keys and.
Speaker 1: Not where you think it should be.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, there's.
Speaker 1: Aaron doesn't do that to you, right, she just gets rid of stuff.
Speaker 2: She Oh, she just decides what's going to Goodwill, all right.
Speaker 3: I don't do that.
Speaker 4: Although Sandy recently did accuse me of giving getting rid of his cowboy hatties head forever of giving it away, I was like, I didn't do it.
Speaker 3: I didn't do it. And then it was in a box that he packed in the storage.
Speaker 4: Unit, labeled Sandy, labeled Sandy stuff, got it home to him, and it was like, apologize whenever you feel like.
Speaker 1: I remember, JB. I remember the one that Aaron got rid of was the poop tea, Right, you bought some tea to help you poop?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a whole case of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought it was bad. It'd been in the show because I I you know, sometimes on Amazon you misorder and didn't realize you ordered like a lifetime supply description. Yeah, poop tea. Yeah, And I like, well, let me back up. That story has since changed. I was convinced she threw it out. I had put it above the stove and you forgot. Yeah, she put.
Speaker 4: It like you said, she like categorized it with the other teas or something.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I think I accused her of getting rid of it all I because I was like, I just bought this case of tea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just bought it. Where is it?
Speaker 2: Did you touch it?
Speaker 1: Yeah you did.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have moved it, like we were going back and forth.
Speaker 1: Did you drink did you continue to drink it?
Speaker 2: Well, it's fine, only have two cases, but.
Speaker 1: I mean, are you Are you drinking it on the regular? It's my question?
Speaker 2: Not as regular as I like, but I do like it. It's a it's a if you want to know that. This gut doctor I went to recommended it and he's very much a natural homeopath, and he said, well, for quit having coffee, and I'm down to like, I just have like half a cup a day now. But anyhow, it's called Egyptian licorice tea.
Speaker 1: It is so good.
Speaker 2: You don't even have to add a sweetener or anything.
Speaker 4: It's so really but licorice, that's a that's a hard taste to like.
Speaker 2: I don't know it's really good.
Speaker 1: I love it. Is it? Is it a black Is it like taste like black licorice?
Speaker 2: Kind of?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Huh interesting.
Speaker 2: I know it's really good and it's helped my stomach.
Speaker 1: If you're wondering, that's good. I'm glad you've got a healthy gut. Jb Rista's in charge of my vitamins. I don't know. She could slip me cyanide and I'd just take it.
Speaker 4: I could take it back. You just swallow the pill. You can put anything out there.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what I'm taking.
Speaker 2: What am I killing?
Speaker 1: You? Probably Electricia wouldn't slowly kill me.
Speaker 3: No, it would be quick. Let's get right.
Speaker 1: What am I taking?
Speaker 4: You're taking multi vitamin huh, you're taking a probiotic. You're taking an omega three, and you're taking a vitamin D.
Speaker 1: The Omega three is the fish oil. Yep. Every once in a while I burp and I taste fish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but this is a good one. It doesn't happen very often, right, Some of them are nasty. Some I took one for a while that they put lemon flavor in it. Then it was just lemon flavored fish purps.
Speaker 2: It was disgusting.
Speaker 3: It was so gross.
Speaker 1: Seriously, what is the fish oil supposed to do?
Speaker 3: The fish is good for your brain, it's good for your eyes.
Speaker 4: It's it's that's where they're like, eat fish three or four nights a week because of all the good that omegas do for you.
Speaker 1: I'm the only one in this house that eats fish, though, is the problem.
Speaker 3: I'll eat it if we go eat some soush right.
Speaker 1: Like I went to the coast a couple of weeks ago and with a buddy of mine, and I was like, dude, just take the fish home, like no one will eat it my really? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Why because I see the brown water that the fish comes out of at the coast. It is like if it were coming out of like crystal blue water like in the Caribbean or something like that, I'd eat it.
Speaker 2: Just didn't cleaner than all the people smoking on the beach.
Speaker 1: Coming up, Trista's got the story we love. What are we gonna talk about?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: You remember the trend of paying it forward at the drive through? Yes, okay, I have a new version of that that I think is hilarious.
Speaker 1: All right, stay with us. The story we'd love coming up on Austin's eighties station one O three point one is streaming on the iHeartRadio app. Tristia says, there's a new twist to the pay it forward trend. All right, that's coming up in a second story. We'd love. It's the JB and Sandy Show. Tell you something funny. It's great having a funny kid, Like yeah. I remember when Tricia was was pregnant with our now fifteen year almost sixteen year old daughter, and she was like, boy, this kid better be funny.
Speaker 3: She's gonna have to find someplace else to.
Speaker 1: Live here if you're not funny. And she proved her worth. She earned her keep. The other day, we were at a an intersection where they're building that new the new toll lanes on one to eighty three, and this was on the southbound side, and we were sitting at the light and she and we looked up and they were working on it, and they had built this temporary little platform on the side of the overpass so that the workers could do their stand on it and work on whatever they're working on above them and without baton, and I she goes, oh, that's nice. The homeless people got a balcony.
Speaker 4: That's why she's great, because her humor is so inappropriate.
Speaker 1: Just about died when she said that. I guess they all because they live under the upper really put the stories we love lie from the left home studio shop.
Speaker 4: All right, So we've all heard about the pay it forward chain at a drive through.
Speaker 3: It's when somebody pays for the person behind them.
Speaker 4: Then when that person pulls up, they have a nice little surprise that their order has been paid for. I will say that the follow up to that nice little surprise is the awkwardness of whether or not you're going to keep it going and pay for the person behind you as well. So a woman is going viral on TikTok because she said she went to a dunkin Donuts, pulled up to pay for her order, and the employee said that the guy ahead of her, who had just driven off, said that she was going to.
Speaker 3: Be paid for his order.
Speaker 1: To pay it backwards, pay it backwards?
Speaker 2: That's oh, oh gotcha?
Speaker 3: How ballsy is that right to do that?
Speaker 1: She was?
Speaker 2: What's I like the word fallen told to pay it? Yes, yes she was.
Speaker 4: It's the complete opposite of somebody choosing to do a nice thing and being made to have to do a nice thing and probably being irritated about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she didn't pay for his order.
Speaker 1: He got away with it.
Speaker 3: She did not pay for his order.
Speaker 4: That the employees were cool about it, and I'm sure the employee got talked to like, yeah, no, we don't let him drive away unless we have the money.
Speaker 3: But so basically, whoever it was in front of her stole his order.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I just think that's hilarious and very very brave thing to try and do if you're the card that drives away.
Speaker 1: First, I've never been in one of the pay it forward type of things. I don't know if I would participate.
Speaker 3: I was caught up in it one time. Yeah, did you do it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, I've never been like, yeah, I think it's happened to my wife. Well, for obviously reasons. She's a lot more attractive for someone in front of her to buy it, right, Yeah, but it's never happened to me.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, were you anyone, Trisia.
Speaker 3: I was with a bunch of girls.
Speaker 4: We were in two or three cars, and the car in front of me was my friends. The person in front of them paid it forward to them. So then when they got up there, they were like, yeah, the car behind us me will pay for us. But there were six of them in their car and only three in my car. I was like, not cool, ladies. Of course I paid for it because I know them right.
Speaker 1: You got stuck with the tab.
Speaker 4: I got stuck with the big tab. And I told the employee. I was like, look, I just paid for six people in front of us and my three. I was like, the people behind me are on their own. She's like, I understand.
Speaker 3: That's a lot. It was a lot of money for nine orders.
Speaker 1: You remind me of a stick and someone with the tab. Once. This was years ago, a group of guys were out to dinner and we colluded amongst each other to do this. I can't remember where we were. It may have been eddie Ve's.
Speaker 3: Expensive.
Speaker 1: It was expensive, and we were all like, hey, towards the end of dinner, let's all just leave one at a time, leave the person and stick Jeff with the tab. And I was like all right. And so there were five of us at dinner and slowly went I was the last one. I was like, I don't know where those guys went, I'm gonna go standing outside with the cigarette smokers waiting for him to come out, and Jeff was like, dude, not trul guys. He figured out pretty quick with you exactly what. Yeah, he knew exactly what. Try that with your friends. You'll find out how good of friends they are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, hell, no, get back in here right now.
Speaker 1: It's hey, I guarantee it. It's better. Jbu waited tables and you know that it's a waiter or waitress at a nice restaurant. Always he would prefer to see a table of men versus a table of women when it comes to a splitting tab, right, Unfortunately that is true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's gotten better.
Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 4: I mean, like in my group, we've had the conversation if we're all going out to dinner, we're splitting the tab equally, like we just start.
Speaker 2: From my experience, I always made a lot less because they don't take into account that the taxes, and then you know they just oh, I didn't have any liquors, so I sunk tip as much. Yeah, nowt it salid.
Speaker 1: It has changed a little bit for me. And then I used to always be just split it up. But if we go out to dinner with somebody and I don't drink, and you order a one hundred and twenty five dollars bottle of wine. I'm not pitching in for the wine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't have to.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so there you go. Beware of the pay it backward scam that's out there. Give it a try yourself. Maybe you'll get away with it. Who knows. Coming up, guys, think about this. You get a staycation in Austin, Texas. Tell me what it looks like. What does your staycation in Austin look like? We've got that coming up on Austin's eighty station what O three point one and streaming on my Heart radio app. Everybody should try a staycation every once in a while. They're great. You don't have to go anywhere, You just go somewhere else. So then you sleep somewhere else in your own hometown. So let's get start with trushap. You've got a staycation. Let's say it's two days, three days, how many days you want to say? A weekend? Long weekend? How about that? What does your staycation in Austin.
Speaker 4: Look like now I am going to an all inclusive resort, but I don't want to go like downtown where it's noisy and all.
Speaker 1: Inclusive, like all you can eat buffets and stuff.
Speaker 4: There's not Oh, I guess it's not all inclusive. Let me say it includes everything. I mean, you'll understand when I say it. Everything that I would want to do is inside the place resort.
Speaker 3: All of the things that I want are there.
Speaker 4: Gotcha, You're the spa resort that I can relate exactly.
Speaker 1: Room service.
Speaker 3: Our daughter Landry was little.
Speaker 4: When it's hard being a mama with the little baby, every light, I don't know, twice a year, I would go and check it on a Friday and check out on a Sunday at Barton Creek Country Club and I OMNY which is now OMNY and it's been updated in the last few years.
Speaker 3: It's amazing.
Speaker 4: And I would eat room service for every meal. I would turn the air conditioning down as cold as they could, go watch TV for days, sleep as long as I wanted to sleep, and I would get SPA services on Friday and Saturday.
Speaker 3: Then get up Sunday morning, go down to the buffet and eat.
Speaker 4: All I could eat for breakfast and then leave and be completely refreshed and not have to talk to anybody and play on my phone or all the things.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't even go down to the pool.
Speaker 4: Now, i'd sit in the hot tub like in the spa area, but I wouldn't. I didn't want to go out and talk to anybody. I just wanted to be silent. It was like my version of a silent retreat.
Speaker 1: By the way, shout out to the Omni Barton Creek in the Brodel they did a few years ago, and the service and the facility and everything they've got going on out.
Speaker 3: There, they're amazing.
Speaker 1: If you want a cool staycation, it's pretty awesome, really really awesome. Highly recommend it. M hm, does does that wrap up your staycation?
Speaker 3: That's my Austin staycation. Yeah, that's where I'm going, all right, JB, what's yours?
Speaker 2: My Like a weekend wouldn't be all that different, except I'd be staying somewhere else, like I don't. I'm not up to speed on like the real hipster newer hotels. Plus I wouldn't. I would want to hang by the pool with my wife, and I wouldn't want one that's like.
Speaker 1: Club the w Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know, some of those resorts will sell like day passes now and they kind of turn it into a club. So I wouldn't stray far from my neighborhood. We probably and I think my wife would agree. We'd probably stay at Saint Cecilia or San Jose or maybe South Congress Hotel. It's we could walk to all of those, and then we would just I we'd probably have a sushi dinner, uh, you know, neighborhood Sushi on South Congress is a good one, or Uchi. But and then we would just have cocktails on South Congress, go to Guero's and have a margarita, sit by the pool, have a glass of wine at either one of those hotels, and just chill and we just chill. We'd probably have to call it. They don't have the SPA thing, and that would you know, I don't need that. My wife would I probably have to call one in, you know, or something like that, make sure she got the spa treatment, and that would just make her super chill. But there's something about just being away from your home. When when she's at a home and I'm maybe the same way, you just don't totally relax. When you're at your own home, you always think of something you should be doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, looking at something. Yeah right.
Speaker 2: My wife's really bad about that, Like she sees something that needs to be done in the house. She can't relax.
Speaker 4: So you said you could would probably stay at a hotel that you could walk to from your house and just picture you and Aaron walking down Congress suit their suitcases behind you.
Speaker 1: Well, I need to change mine up because it sounds like I'm gonna bump into JB and Aaron on my stay case.
Speaker 3: Sue, was it bad that you weren't included in my staycation?
Speaker 1: Part of the part of the cation part is being yeah, I mean mine was gonna I'll change up. I just want to go somewhere. Why I don't have to drive anywhere else, you know what I mean? Like do to eat where you want to eat? Yeah? I just want to walk like yeah, Like last in December, we went to Annapolis, Maryland, and my cousin as a house there and we stayed there and we walked everywhere like it was just down the street to go to have dinner or go shopping. They had coffee, all kinds of breakfast stuff.
Speaker 3: It was just shop. It was so cool and.
Speaker 1: It was just great. And by the way, I want mine to be my staycation to be in October or in like March. I don't want staycation in August, you know.
Speaker 3: I don't want to walk it everywhere.
Speaker 1: I don't want that. It has to be that. And but I'll change it up a little bit because I might go out to Horseshoe Bay and go to the resort at Horshoe Bay because they have all those fantastic golf courses.
Speaker 2: That's what I was wondering. If you would pick a golf vacation, Yeah, I might. That's like, so if it's a staycation, I have two questions. If it's staycation golf staycation, what's your first choice? If it's anywhere in Texas golf vacation, Oh, that's a whole different ball game, because where's your golf staycation and what will include anything as far as Horshoe Bay. There's a new golf course in Columbus, Texas called Darwood that I just heard great, great things about and it was opened by uh a Texan and PGA professional House Sutton that people have just in the golf world have just been raving about much in Columbus. We used to buy race there and there.
Speaker 1: He got probably got cheap land to build the golf course. There's also it would almost have to be like a staycation mini golf tour, you know, just hop from one place to the other. But there's also another one that it's very private.
Speaker 2: So you hand cock Butler pitching MUNI.
Speaker 1: Right, then I'd stay up on Runberg and I thirty five. I'd be really nice. Uh So, I know, say and people there are people you talk to they've never done a staycation, and it's it's pretty fun. It's uh, it's yeah, it's easier.
Speaker 2: I was just talking to my wife about it because we're having a hard time cramming in a quick trip somewhere. I'm like, let's just do a quick staycation with.
Speaker 1: The nice pool. So I uh. I went for the first time a couple of months ago. Had a meeting at Hotels Cecilia. Wow, is that place cool? I love boutique hotels, I too love them, and I didn't. I felt like I fitted like Hotel San Jose. I'm not cool enough. I felt like Hotel or Saint Cecilia.
Speaker 3: I was okay, you could pass. Yeah, they'd be like, we're gonna let him stay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could get by.
Speaker 3: You're on the cusp of it.
Speaker 2: Well, the extra perk there is that it's it's a it's a private bar. Only you know, you can't just go in there and have food and drinks.
Speaker 1: Oh, they keep the unwashed away.
Speaker 2: You have to be a member or staying there to go in there and use it.
Speaker 4: At Saint Cecilia, Yeah, okay, So JB, where would you go for a vacation outside of Austin?
Speaker 2: Outside of Austin, I'd I'd go to Marfa. I mentioned on the show before I got this thing for Marfa, and you forget it. It's at i don't know, a few thousand feet.
Speaker 1: I forget that.
Speaker 2: I mean it cools off in the evening even when it's a little bit hotter.
Speaker 1: Here is the observatory there where you can look up at.
Speaker 2: The McDonald's Observatories in Davis, which is just a quick next town over.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, i'd like to see that. That's pretty cool. Where would you go, Tricia?
Speaker 4: Well, I would go to Dallas because that's where all my girlfriends are. But I would check to see if there's an omni Barton Creek restort there. That's just what I want to do. I wouldn't be mad at Lost Pines either. In bass Drops yeah, oh my gosh, they're lazy river yeah. Oh and their foods. It's beautiful out there. You can go do smores at night. We've had so many girls weekends at Lost Pines resort.
Speaker 2: It's you and your girlfriends and then a bunch of people's children havingmores. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we don't care because we want.
Speaker 1: I'd keep it classy if I if we're out of outside of Austin vacation, I keep it classy. I'm going to Portoransis fishing. I'm going fishing every day for a week. Classy, huh, and then sleep in it. Yeah. There's some actually, some really nice places have been built in Portoances. I don't know if you've been there in a while, but they've got the what's it what was it called? I can't remember, Pamela, Pamela Pamela Beach. That area it's really cool little not little, but cool houses. And then there's island Moorings with some cool houses. But if you want to stay in your good old thirty nine ninety nine at night, run down condo they got that for with.
Speaker 3: All the shells, and.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, it looks like your aunt Sherry's.
Speaker 3: It looks like my aunt's house. Yes, all right.
Speaker 1: Coming up on the show, What's next? Can I read my handwriting here? No? I can't because I don't have my glasses. Maybe you don't wear reading glasses.
Speaker 2: Yet I do. I just when I'm looking at a computer screen, I take them off.
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 2: Okay, here I need it for I needed for a lot of things, but not not the computer.
Speaker 1: I need you guys to think about this. Here's my note. It says, at a certain age, you stop doing certain things. What's the age and what's the thing. I've got a few that immediately come to mind. We'll share them with you. Coming up on Austin's A eighty station one oh three point one