Speaker 1: Tersea.
Speaker 2: What's the information on this that you could there's something you can really pinpoint to marrying your best friend if that's what you want to do. Why you'd want to do that, I don't know.
Speaker 1: But what's the right one sign?
Speaker 3: A Harvard professor said, there's one sign that will let you know if your relationship is going to last, and that is yeah, okay, we're going straight into it. It's a Harvard professor. He studied love for twenty five years. I don't know what that means. I guess just relationships. But he says that the one sign that your relationship will last a lifetime is if your best friends.
Speaker 2: Oh, mister Harvard professor, you wasted your time.
Speaker 3: The people who on their wedding invitation it says today I marry my best friend. Those are the ones who will make it. Sandy, you and I will not make it.
Speaker 2: No, we've made it for seventeen years. But I for you. That's the key. Then weird because I didn't marry my best friend. I didn't want to marry my best friend. I think we're all agree with jab You and Mary your best friend, did you?
Speaker 4: Nope? No, we're not best friend. I'm not it's probably closer that she is my best friend. I'm definitely not her best friend. I just don't have I just don't have any friends. So she's the closest to qualify, I guess, but no, I know because I don't. I'm always surprised when people say that because a relationship girlfriend, a girlfriend is so different than a guy could ever fulfill. Would you agree, Tricia, Oh, yeah, definitely, there's there's a there's a whole different level there.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: So I in our case, you know, no.
Speaker 2: One of the most one of the most attractive things for me. There was a lot of attractive things when we first start dating. But one thing that I remember that really stands out is I was I really really liked the fact that she had a group of laws, long time girlfriends, like that she did things with that she made a point to hang out with. I was like, I like that because I don't want the responsibility of being this chick's best friend. I want I want someone else to bear the burden of being Trisa's best friend.
Speaker 1: I bear the burden.
Speaker 4: I want it to be me. And those studies have been out there that you know, like you know, and I'm talking about just the typical male female relationship. There's a lot of different avenues we could go down with this. But they say the guys need their boys time to be happy. The girls definitely need their girl time to be happy. I think that's that's important.
Speaker 2: Taposed to see her friends in Dallas and like, well, they used to all live here, and they just gather in Dallas. In fact, you're doing that in a few weeks, right, And when she comes back or while she's there, she's full of energy and just energized again to come back to the the You know, everyone's got the grind of being a parent and work and bills and all the things. So I think it's good to re energize.
Speaker 1: It's a good thing.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: And also, like the girls and I, we will never run out of something to say to each other. We'll be together for five days and we will talk about all the things. One thing we could talk about for four hours. If Sandy were my best friend, I'd be with him for about an hour and a half and I'd be like, well, all right, I guess we've said all the things and that'd be it. Chat time would be over with Sandy.
Speaker 2: Jabe, Tricia's friend, Sean is visiting and she lives in Vietnam. She's from Austin but lives in Vietnam. And she was here for two or three nights, and so Triciaan and I sleep in separate bedrooms. In the room that Sean was in was right next door to mine. Those two sat and talked. It got to the point where I was like, oh my god, are these two ever going to stop talking?
Speaker 3: So then we got tired of We went to sleep, and we woke up the next morning and continued talking. He's like, I went to sleep listening to your voices, and I woke up listening to your voices.
Speaker 4: It's unbelievable how much talking they do.
Speaker 2: Guys. We're like, eh, we're all squared away in the first ten.
Speaker 4: Minutes or so.
Speaker 1: I know, what do you guys do on guys weekend?
Speaker 4: Can we just hang out silently?
Speaker 1: Hang out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and watch whatever's on TV?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so watch what's on TV?
Speaker 3: Oh, tell JB about your Sandy used to make fun of me for my girl's weekends with the going to the spa and laying in bed together and watching movies and going to dinner.
Speaker 1: Sandy, tell JB how you think you slowly.
Speaker 3: Now understand why a girl's weekend can be better than a guy's weekend.
Speaker 1: After you had yours with Marlin, I don't remember you he goes to Dallas.
Speaker 3: You'll remember when I start talking about it, to have a weekend with his buddy Marlin. And you did all the girl things. Y'all went to dinner, then y'all went to a movie together. Then you came back and you floated in the pool.
Speaker 1: Then you went inside and you watch TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you did all the things that you chicks do, just with less words.
Speaker 1: And you were like, I think I understand the girl's weekend now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was pretty great all this since I quit drinking though, because before it was your I mean, you'd do all those things.
Speaker 4: We were too busy.
Speaker 1: You got massages too, right, Yeah, I believe.
Speaker 2: So, Yeah, that was a total chick weekend. You're right and right, but I don't think. I mean, there's probably someone appalled right now saying, well, I'm married my best friend, my best friend.
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny because i've been We just had our twenty seventh anniversary, and I do get asked, you know about long, you know, longevity of the marriage. I was telling you guys yesterday, how my daughters thinks it's weird that her parents are still together. Yeah, but no idea, it's abnormal. And I do get asked, and like when I tell people when they're earlier in their relationship, they're like, how do you know? How do you know it's the one? And one of the things I'll tell them is do you look forward to seeing them every day? Like, so, it's been twenty seven years of marriage, I look forward to seeing her every day. I can't wait till she comes home. Right now. If you pull up to the house and see their car and go, oh, maybe probably not the one, you know what I mean, You're just like, it's just this little barometer before you go down the path of marriage, like you should. You should look forward to seeing them all the time and checking in with them, and and you know, and if you once like are dying for space from them, that's probably not good.
Speaker 2: That's not the one. But I think that for me anyway, I don't. I don't don't. I won't say I don't look forward to see attritionia, but I.
Speaker 4: Don't dread it.
Speaker 1: True love tale is old as time, But I don't.
Speaker 2: I really don't like I was dated girls and stuff for a while that I just kind of dreaded, like you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the dread comes later in marriage when it's a couple's date and you're crazy about one of them, you're That happens a lot.
Speaker 3: I will say though, that Sandy and I from the beginning of our relationship, like at least it seemed like when we were no parent no kids, childless, like one of us was gone every weekend. I was gone to see a friend or he was gone to see a friend. Like it was one of those absence makes the heart grow fonder kind of relationships. And even now he'll be like, when you're gonna go see your friends, it's been a while since you've gone to see your girlfriends, And I'm like, don't you want to go visit your parents? And ohbaha for a week or so, Like we still need a little time away from each other.
Speaker 2: Everybody does. I think by how did you do JB when you spent the summers working in Colorado? Was that how did you handle it?
Speaker 4: I didn't. I didn't love it. That's it was too long to be gone. Yeah, yeah, for for five years it was begin gone a month and then they add brought back to women's tour. I was doing a Tour de France podcast, but we would do it from Colorado, and then I was gone six weeks. That's a long time. I did not enjoy it. I'm not doing that anymore, and I'm really I'd be leaving. I'd be leaving now, you know, to get out there before the tour to start and all that and be gone for six weeks. Uh huh. Didn't like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of people are like, Wow, I'd love to have six weeks in Colorado, but you're working down the dusk right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in a way, in a way from my wife and daughter for just too long. It's way too long.
Speaker 2: I get it. I get it. So well. Congratulations all of you out there that that married your best friends.