Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go, let's go, let's go. Good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, gee's ron.
Speaker 3: Right, okay, come on now, wakey, wakey, Hands off Snake Day, rod Ryan Show check it in Throwback Thursday, three great songs for you to be for you to vote on all morning long. That's on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot Com. We'll be sending you over there for today's Sixtagram Thursday.
Speaker 1: Looking at Girls blog page is pat today. Josh was a fresh fish yesterday.
Speaker 3: Today's a wiley veteran going for win number two in the shot a bed head to head Challenge.
Speaker 1: We'll play that game at six twenty the Summer of loud Chour, I got tickets for you in Homeroom on the Fun Fact Flashback. We'll get to that at around six thirty five. Brian Reagan tickets at seven twenty, and then we're gonna meet Joe today. Chili's just said it's Joe.
Speaker 3: It's just quite simply Joe Chili versus Joe. Joe is the lucky listener of the show that was selected to come down and play Chile today. Read my lips at a twenty Joe could win gaslight Anthem tickets counting crows on that build. If Joe doesn't beat Chili, then we'll go to the phones and give those tickets away.
Speaker 1: Pierce the veiled tickets at nine ten, Buzzfest tickets on Know the Show.
Speaker 3: Nothing over a ten percent chance of raining today, mostly cloudy, windy, warmer today. Hi's up around eighty eight. Good morning Alexweter Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Good morning ride, good morning home Room.
Speaker 5: President Donald Trump announced a series of substantial tariffs on imported goods, marking a significant shift in US trade policy. These measures include a baseline ten percent tariff on nearly all imports, with higher rates for specific countries, like at thirty four percent tariff on Chinese goods, twenty percent on European Union products, and twenty five percent on all foreign made vehicles. President Trump described these tariffs as reciprocal, aiming to make aiming to match what he perceived as unfair trade practices by other nations. The reaction from the stock market was immediate and negative, with Dow features dropping over nine hundred and fifty points in after hours trading. As another US ban on TikTok looms. Amazon has submitted a last minute bid to acquire the popular video sharing platform. A Trump administration official confirm that Amazon's offer was presented to Vice President jd Vance and Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnik. The impending ban, which is set to take effect Saturday, stems from national security concerns over TikTok's Chinese ownership by Fight Dance.
Speaker 4: President Trump had previously paused the.
Speaker 5: Band to allow time for a sale and expect a deal by the deadline, but also may consider extending the pause. Other interested parties include Oracle, Blackstone and other investment groups that are reportedly offering up to forty seven point five billion dollars Perplexity AI has also proposed rebuilding TikTok's algorithm domestically to meet US privacy standards.
Speaker 1: You can.
Speaker 5: And a new survey, eighty seven percent of Americans say that getting enough hydration is important, especially in the morning, because it sets the tone for the day. But thirty four percent of people say that they don't typically drink water until after three.
Speaker 4: Pm each That's crazy. Yeah, it is kind of wild.
Speaker 3: I mean they're drinking other things, but well, yeah, no real water till after three.
Speaker 5: That's coffee doesn't count a lot. You'll go right to the coffee. Coffee doesn't count just because it's got a level of water and we're talking straight water.
Speaker 4: The survey asks people how much water they think.
Speaker 5: They should be drinking before ten am to have a productive work there. Top response was three glasses or twenty four ounces. One common hack that experts offered up was to get in the habit of drinking a glass right when you wake up, since most people are usually thirsty then anyway, gen z is the most likely generation to drink water first thing in the morning, while Boomers you're most likely to skip straight to coffee.
Speaker 1: Guys, you gotta drink more water, come on.
Speaker 4: I'm working on that.
Speaker 5: It's tough, though, because sometimes you do get like I have this water bottle and I'm like, if I drink three of these a day, I'm good.
Speaker 1: If I named for four, but if I drink three, I'm set. That's true water too, true water. Yeah, Like I'll mix in some emergencies. That's like flavor with.
Speaker 5: Water, so it's like you're also having vitamins of them. So I don't think it's bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I try to drink three of those during the day as well, like while I'm here.
Speaker 5: But then like sometimes when you get behind it, it's at five o'clock and you crap, I only had the one network?
Speaker 4: What am I doing?
Speaker 3: That's I'll ever find myself in that situation. I just just drink it all the time.
Speaker 1: It's I don't care if you're drinking out of a Stanley or whatever. Just keep that water bottle with you. Yeah, but all the time.
Speaker 4: See, I'm much you're drinking out of if you have your own water bottle. And then just like hey, let's name for that, all right.
Speaker 5: Kelly Clarkson allegedly wants to leave her talk show next year after her contract expires with NBC. Source says that her two kids are a top priority and that she wants to spend more time with them as well as in the South. Clarkson shares an eight year old son and ten year old daughter with her ex husband Brandon Blackstock. Kelly currently lives in New York City, but grew up in Texas. Shannon Larkin and Tony Tony Rombola, the longtime drummer and guitarist for Godsmack, have left the band. Larkin explained that after extensive discussions with bandmates Sully Erna and Robbie Merrill, they mutually agreed to part ways due to Larkin and Rombola's desires to retire from touring. Larkin also emphasize their decision was friendly and based on personal choices, and that they are both grateful for the fans. They also sent well wishes for the band's future. Big changes going on in God Smack.
Speaker 4: That's huge.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know Sully, you know you got Sully in the base place. Are you plug in two new people and continue Godsmack? Or do you just go in a different direction? You got it right, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know what they do.
Speaker 3: I mean, Shannon, that drummer, is so important to that band, and I've always wondered how long he can do it.
Speaker 5: The physicality of Shannon a buzzfest whenever they play, was always that right.
Speaker 3: But the physicality of Shannon behind those drums, he's never once like slowed down. You know a lot of drummers will watch Trey Cool play the drums. Now in Green Day, he's real stiff, and he just kind of doesn't move around that much anymore. He's getting older. You know, Shannon just puts his whole body into it, and I can understand that, and it's a that's a nuke for Godsmack fans because nobody knows what they're gonna do.
Speaker 4: Now, those are Houston's headlines, all right.
Speaker 1: Listen, Basketball in Houston right now is huge, very hot right now. Congratulations to the Rockets, man, it's been a while.
Speaker 5: They got a win last night, blew out the Jazz one forty three.
Speaker 4: To one oh five.
Speaker 5: Ouprea and Shane Gun had a triple double and Jalen Green had twenty two points the night to leave the team in scoring. It was the rockets fiftieth win of the season. There's still the two seed in the Western Conference playoff picks with five games left to go. Locked in the regular season, they're guaranteed a top six spot, so they will not be in the playing games, which is good, but it's guaranteed playoffs. But you want yeah, yeah, but you want that two seed. Oklahoma City's got the one seed locked up. You want that two seed.
Speaker 4: They get it.
Speaker 5: They get to test how good they are against OKC tomorrow night at Toyota's Awesome. In baseball, Astros lost the Giants yesterday six to three. It drops into two and four to start the season. They'll open up a three game series with the Twins this afternoon on the road. Hunter Brown will be on the mountain for this DROs going up against Minnesota's Joe Ryan. First pitches at three ten, and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 4: That is what's going on in sports here we go.
Speaker 3: Four hours of paying starts right now and loving gets you on for the first phone call.
Speaker 4: Let's go first phone call of today.
Speaker 3: Seven one three two, win two five nine four five. Honey, you want to get the show started. You can set the tone for the whole damn day for me, Okay, you can.
Speaker 1: Seven one, three, two and two five nine four five, get three through ninety four five Buzz Red Hot Chili Peppers right out at the gate. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Welcome to Throwback Thursday. If you had a chance to check out the throwback selections, we have this for you on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at Thebuzz dot com.
Speaker 3: Chilie's off a running getting all these links up for you today. Lots of links, Crazy Criminal blog page, Local Dolly Parton is hawking her own jeans called Joe Leans. Does that sound like an April Fool's Day joke?
Speaker 4: It does, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 3: Dolly Parton jeans are a thing, and she's working with Chloe Kardashian on that My Goodness throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: Oh Boy, our Lady Pace, Superman's Dead.
Speaker 3: It's one of my favorite songs of all time. Ugly Kid Joe, everything about You. That's huge American High Five Flavor.
Speaker 4: Of the Week. That's gonna be.
Speaker 1: This is a tight race today. It's a real tight race today. You vote online. Some of you are already hitting me up with your word suggestions. Thank you.
Speaker 3: I can't do Read my Lips without you, guys. I need you to send me word suggestions. Doesn't have to be something dumb that was set on the show, although that you know you can do that too. There's a lot of dumb things that are set on this show. I learned that by when you guys suggest words for Read my Lips. Some of the most ridiculous things that have been submitted, and I want to call them ridiculous things. And then I realized, oh wait a minute, I may have said.
Speaker 1: That Chili Takes on listener Joe today at A twenty.
Speaker 3: I gotta get your words in though, emailed me directly. Rod at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Josh was a fresh fish yesterday.
Speaker 3: He's going for wind number two today and the fresh out of d heads your head.
Speaker 4: And then we got a bunch of fold lines ringing.
Speaker 6: Right now, it's in time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey got through. Jeffrey, Hey, how you doing doing great?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: How are you today?
Speaker 8: I'm very happy. It's my first time been in the Star. I'm super happy, really.
Speaker 1: First time.
Speaker 4: Good to have you on. Dude.
Speaker 1: What are you doing up so early?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 9: I just got off for work.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 8: I'm a truck driver.
Speaker 1: Over the road, eighteen wheeler type stuff.
Speaker 8: I'm actually drive for HB.
Speaker 1: So we home every day.
Speaker 8: You know, we're looking expected.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So how big is the truck that you drive?
Speaker 8: It's a it's a truck or trailer, so it could be you know, seventy five eighty feet long.
Speaker 3: Okay, but like what you and I would what Alex and I would call an eighteen wheeler.
Speaker 1: It's it's like a big truck, right, yes, sir? Wow, how long you been driving truck Jeffrey.
Speaker 8: Since March twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: And are you just a local driver so you don't have to have to leave those you know, state lines and all of that stuff.
Speaker 8: You're just driving locally, Yes, sir, we're hib Is mostly in Tectic. It was only in Texas. Yeah, uh so we so, you know, we we do travel all over Texas, but we home every night.
Speaker 4: What's the family.
Speaker 3: What's the most difficult HGB to get to as an eighteen wheeler driver? I mean they got some jammed in now into different neighborhoods and it's tight.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, So is there one that like when you see is on.
Speaker 3: Your list, like, oh god, I got to go to this AGB because it's so hard to get in and out of.
Speaker 8: There's a couple, you know that, there's some in the heart of downtown. Those are really sun especially during the day.
Speaker 3: You know, I can't imagine. I can't even imagine getting into some of those. Listen, I don't like taking my Tundra to some of these agb's that you know. I got a park in the parking garage and I love HB. It's nothing against them. I'm just saying I can't even get my tundra in there.
Speaker 1: I can't even I mentione how you guys got to get your eighteen wheelers in there?
Speaker 4: Do you do? Is the CB radio a thing at all?
Speaker 1: Or no?
Speaker 8: So HB doesn't have any CV radios. But it is true about the truck I have seen them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now you're you're driving. I was talking about truck drivers the other day. You guys see everything you can see into all the cars because you're up so so so much higher than us.
Speaker 3: And I said, I hear from truck drivers all the time, and they see people watching movies that are driving on the highway and watching Instagram reels and videos and everything like that.
Speaker 1: You see that stuff from your cab, don't you.
Speaker 8: Yes, of course they do a sources of stuff. And you know they also doing other things and just driving.
Speaker 4: You know, I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 3: I know what you're talking about. I've heard some other things. I heard what some of these other things are. Listen, Jeffrey, keep doing a great job, man, keep us rolling on the overnights in that eighteen wheeler, and always keep the rubber side down, I think, right, Jeffrey, Yes, sir, of.
Speaker 8: Course, thank you all very much. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I love Len for five too. Great first time on the show, I mean awesome first time on the show.
Speaker 6: Who can.
Speaker 1: I feel like maybe he does this for a living Callie in.
Speaker 4: It's good on the.
Speaker 1: Flip, got a rec check for you.
Speaker 3: We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the Fresh out of Bed Rocky.
Speaker 5: And Al trod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 6: I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 4: Welcome back, everybody.
Speaker 1: I'm just making arrangements here to get ready for the Fresh out of Bed, head to head, making sure I got my questions, making sure I cleaned up that that speech yesterday was a little messy. It's all right. Josh was a fresh fish yesterday. He's coming back a veteran ten percent chance of rain, mostly cloudy, windy today, warmer pies up around eighty eight. All right, what's over there? What do you see that's trending?
Speaker 4: Almost?
Speaker 5: Sorry, the fun stuff, tariffs and the stock market are trending.
Speaker 1: Good times.
Speaker 5: Everybody's talking about that Liberation Day. Yeah, I guess that's what they.
Speaker 4: Called it yesterday. Yeah, it sounds like a call of duty. Point my new for a dance scout. Now, don't forget to drop in everybody.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: Donald Trump announced new tariffs on imported foreign goods yesterday and it's kind of tanking the stock market as of right now. How I'm sure is going to have a super fun call for us here in a little bit.
Speaker 4: Oh God, don't look at your four to one case today, kids. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Shoh Otani, America's favorite gambling baseball player, hit a walk off home run last night to help the Dodgers improve to eight to no on the season, and people are talking about that. And then Carmelo Anthony, he is trending because it was announced yesterday that he, the ten time All Star, is going to be a first ballot Hall of Famer into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame later this year. So congratulations to Carmelo Anthony. He played nineteen seasons in the NBA. That is what's trending on ninety for by the Buzz, Good morning everyone, This is former Fish Fris.
Speaker 1: Josh for fresh former French Josh. Now you're fresh out of bed head to head one day champion, join me on Thursday when I make a win number two bits you Dude's phone was completely fine during the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was rocking it.
Speaker 1: And then as soon as I got to that victory speech and yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Don't know, but I don't even know.
Speaker 1: It could be.
Speaker 3: Our chances are it's on our end here, doesn't matter what the victory speech sounds like. Two questions to answers. You get the prize and the invitation to come back. And that's exactly what we did with Josh.
Speaker 1: You want to take him on seven one three, two, one two five, five.
Speaker 4: Let's go to your partners.
Speaker 3: Here's Offspring Gone Away ninety four or five to the buzz. Well, it's one of my favorites from Offspring. It's Gone Away, Rob Ryan's show him. I want to go hear a great cover of that song. Five Finger Death Punch one of the best cover bands out there. I mean, I know five Finger they got their own stuff, but man, when they do a cover, they really make it their own.
Speaker 4: They did an.
Speaker 3: Amazing cover of Going Away, so much so that the guys at Offering went in and reworked their song and then they went down and sat down and slowed it down and did it at a piano.
Speaker 1: And that's amazing too. Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show, Throwback Thursday, get your votes in my buddies, our lady Peace are in there.
Speaker 3: I love that me a tight battle though, and then send me your word suggestions. Read my lips is coming up at eight twenty. I need you to send me the words that we're going to use for the game Chile is taking on. Listener, Joe, I got ten percent chance of brain today, twenty percent chance tonight, mostly cloudy. Gonna deal with some win today and blow all that yellow crud off of my porch if.
Speaker 1: You I don't mind mat hies today of around eighty eight. So a little warmer out there, and.
Speaker 11: Now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: Josh, good morning, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 4: There you are, man. You sound great. I don't know what happened.
Speaker 1: We were recording your speech yesterday and I had to have you do it like three and four different times. Huh, And you said nothing changed. You weren't in a different spot or anything, So who knows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think maybe I was in the parking garage and maybe that's what probably did it.
Speaker 1: Damn it, Josh, you didn't tell me about the parking garage.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: You sound great, right now though.
Speaker 4: Uh hey, dude, just do what you did yesterday.
Speaker 1: Shout out, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. You came in here as a fresh fish. Now you know what you're doing. Dude. You got all the the nerves you should be You should be fine, right yeah? Hopefully?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Uh who are you taking on today?
Speaker 6: No? Way?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a crag Old Greg, Good, old Greg.
Speaker 6: Where have you been?
Speaker 1: Hang it out? Killing dude? I'm so happy that you're back.
Speaker 4: It comes out, Greg.
Speaker 1: He's a scaling manfish, little man fish, Old Greg. It's been forever.
Speaker 4: When was the last time you played with us?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 1: At least over a year. I gotta say he's in now, fuzzy little man Pa, Old Greg, you ever.
Speaker 4: Been in the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 1: Or we just like the drops that go along with you. No lose on day five? You lose on day five? No, don't do that.
Speaker 7: I'm Greg.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm happy you're back, Old Greg. You're taking on Josh. Josh was had his first game yesterday. He did great. Nothing's changed to your Greg. Shout out your name.
Speaker 4: When you think you know the answer. I got some tickets in there for you. Today.
Speaker 3: Oh, tickets to go see Saint Vincent coming up in a couple of days over there at White Oak Music Hall. You can still get in for her show on the eighth. So you shout out your name when you think you know the answer. We're listening for Greg. We're listening for Josh Alex. I need you listening. I need you listening with both ears, please both ears?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Old Greg and Josh. Question number one? What gas.
Speaker 1: Do humans breath to stay alive? That is a textbook tie. And now I'm the guy that says, damn it, he just blew a great question.
Speaker 3: Oxygen was what we were looking for on that tie. Please don't do that again.
Speaker 1: Say your name before the other guy. Here we go, Josh and Old Greg. What color are most school buses?
Speaker 4: Greg? Old Greg yellow? Welcome back to the game. Than Greg's on the board most What's that you said? Most? Yeah? Not everyone orange? You wife?
Speaker 1: If we paint him.
Speaker 3: Well over here in Montgomery County, I'm like, okay, okay, most school buses are yellow?
Speaker 4: Why one is it prison? Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, now, Josh needs this to stay in the game. What Big Space agency is located there?
Speaker 4: Greg?
Speaker 1: NASA? What Big Space Agency is located near Houston. Yeah, NASA.
Speaker 13: Oh, Greg is bad, buzzy little man.
Speaker 1: Preach Old Greg, Josh, Old Greg, beat you what are you gonna do? He's very distracting.
Speaker 4: That's all right, all right, try to getting in thirty days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Josh, I want you back on this game. Okay, bro, so good? All right, dude, have a good day. Good having you on, old bag. Keep the old Greg drops out. He's gonna be back tomorrow to play. I'm gonna give you the Saint Vincent tickets and the invitation you want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Good for Thank you?
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: The Rod Ryan Show to ninety four.
Speaker 1: Or five ninety four or five the bus go Rob Ryan Show, bad omens with just pretend. Throwback Thursday, fix the Gram Thursday.
Speaker 3: It's the day we play Read my Lips. Yeah, it's always a busy day for us, but it's fun.
Speaker 4: It's good.
Speaker 3: I need your word suggestions for Read my Lips at A twenty. I need your votes in for Throwback Thursday so that we can get the proper song played today, the winning song played today at nine thirty six to Gram Thursday. Of course, you just want to go and check that out on links of guests, ten percent chance of rain, mostly cloudy windy today.
Speaker 4: High of eighty eight.
Speaker 11: The fresh out of bed head to headshout ech, here's your current champion.
Speaker 1: I'm a.
Speaker 4: Good morning everybody. Old Greg is back.
Speaker 9: I'm your fresh out of bed head and one day chepy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, take me on if you want to become a fuzzy little man teach and join me on Friday as I make it win number two.
Speaker 1: Hell, you're a fuzzy little man peach today. What you better get your acting together on Wall Street? What's going on?
Speaker 4: You know it's early, Okay, it's just early in the day. Freaking me out. Okay, freaking me out. You're lucky.
Speaker 1: Old Greg was on to call me down a little bit.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be okay. Is it gonna be okay?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Last time, it'll be okay this time. Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna get to Hell in a moment. I know you're all waiting.
Speaker 4: For that awesome news.
Speaker 1: So uh, I brought some of this in.
Speaker 4: It's the fuck that's.
Speaker 6: Of the day.
Speaker 4: We make you look smart in front of your buddies.
Speaker 14: It's the fun that's to the day.
Speaker 4: Hell Rodney.
Speaker 3: Biggest employer in the United States, Walmart.
Speaker 4: Number two, number two, Fuzzy number two.
Speaker 3: Walmart is number two. They employed, they employed. Walmart employs two point three million people. Amazon in third with one point six million. What about the government, the Department of Defense with two point nine million employees. Yeah, the United States is the biggest employer in the US.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got another fun fact for you today.
Speaker 15: But you're gonna get an email and I'm gonna say, what did you do this week?
Speaker 4: Everyone in the military.
Speaker 3: How he's got jokes today. He's trying to throw us off the scent and those numbers.
Speaker 4: He's about to deliver, yep, mondy you.
Speaker 1: Aerosmith made more money in royalties off their video game Guitar Hero Aerosmith than they made from all of their actual albums. That is.
Speaker 4: Who geez, video games man just one song on Guitar.
Speaker 3: They had their own Guitar Hero and Aerosmith version. So they had their Yeah, they had their own Yeah. No, it wasn't just from I know, like you're talking about, Guitar Hero had individual songs, They had their own copy, their own version.
Speaker 4: Of Guitar Hero. Okay, very cool.
Speaker 1: There is absolutely no historical evidence that Marie Antoinette ever said the.
Speaker 4: Line let them eat cake, that's neat.
Speaker 1: It was a popularized rally cry to inspire revolutionaries, but folklore scholars believe that it was falsely credited to Marie Antoinette. I was thinking that she was the one that said that and then spread as propaganda fake news. This was fake news back in the day. Wow, Marie Antoinette never even said that.
Speaker 4: Who did first? I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's the fuck that to the day we make you look smart your bodies, it's the fuck that to the day. Okay, guys, I have some tickets to the Summer of Loud Tour. I Prevail Bear, Tooth Kill, Switch Engage, Parkway Drive, Devilware Praduct, The Amity Affliction, and Alfe Wolf's a pretty good show. I gotta pay of tickets for you right now.
Speaker 3: Why do we call actors parts?
Speaker 5: Rolls?
Speaker 1: Goes way back, goes back to Marie Antoinette. Why do we call the parts that actors play? Why do we call them rolls? Seven? One, three, two, two, five nine four five.
Speaker 5: It's now time for rockout, win your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 1: Oh great, the good news bears.
Speaker 3: Here's all that I didn't bring any honey.
Speaker 15: Hey, last yesterday was a pretty good down Wall Street.
Speaker 1: The Dow was up two hundred and thirty five points.
Speaker 4: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 15: Kick off this morning at forty two five NASDAK up one hundred and fifty one Okay, just seventeen thousand and six O one bench mark ten year Treasury it's down and yield to a four point eight percent and oil stands at sixty eight dollars thirty one cents of burrow to the most actives of the big studs Goldman, Sachs, Amazon, and Amex, the big duds Verizons, Chevron.
Speaker 4: And Coca Cola. On the economic calendar, this morning, we'll get.
Speaker 15: Numbers on the US trade deficit for February right now futures.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's really lovely on the downside.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's turn this baby around. That's it. I'm out of here.
Speaker 15: This is Hawlan, manage director with the Raymond Jamesport for The Rod Ryan Show from Ramon jameson Sanfleet.
Speaker 4: I think us said no forget toys, rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 16: Famin's express are those of Aland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates.
Speaker 6: Income.
Speaker 16: Ever, NYC, as, IBC, I ART Radio or at sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 6: We'll continue.
Speaker 16: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational services on the studs and duds are based on movement, as reported.
Speaker 3: By Young it M ninety four y five The Buzz. Welcome back, Rod Ryan Show. Sure, okay, let's go over to the folks here.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, Hello, who we got?
Speaker 2: Hi? Hi?
Speaker 1: What's your name? Lianne?
Speaker 4: Hi, Leanne?
Speaker 1: Welcome to the fun fact flashback. Why do we call the parts that actors get.
Speaker 12: Rolls because their scripts were given to them rolls back in the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in the seventeenth century. Mine, you're so smart, Lianne nailed it. You're smart.
Speaker 1: I know what's it like to be so smart?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know this. I never have known that in my life. Congratulations.
Speaker 1: I guess it's years of working in school maybe. So that's great though.
Speaker 3: The Summer of Loud Tour, if you want to rock out with I Prevail, Bar Tooth, Quill, Kill Switch, engage in a bunch bunch of other bands June twenty eighth, Woodland Pavilion. Everyone else is going through Ticketmaster, not you, because you're so smart, I'm gonna give you a pair of ticket It's very exciting. Thanks for listening for me on the show this morning, Leon, you did great.
Speaker 1: Thank you appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Okay, hang on, Nean's gonna be rocking out. Here's twenty one pilot stressed out, ninety four to five The Buzz, ninety four to five The Bus, Good morning, Rob Ryan's show.
Speaker 1: Let's see twenty one pilots stressed out. That song's about three minutes and twenty seconds long. I made it through about twenty five thirty.
Speaker 3: Emails that all said read my lips, and I was going through all the words that you guys were suggesting.
Speaker 4: I'm off to a great start.
Speaker 3: I still need more help. I still need your emails. I need your suggestions. Email me directly, Rod at the Buzz dot com. The Chilly is taking on listener Joe. That's all Chili gave me.
Speaker 1: He's just like, no, just Joe's coming in. I'm like, okay, So Joe will be here for read my lips. We're anticipating his arrival sometime after seven thirty. We'll get the boys on at around eight twenty to start that game. And then already I'm starting to think about next week. Who wants to play next week? You want to be the next Joe? You can apply online on links and guests. If you want to come down and play. You would be playing Alex next week.
Speaker 4: Then on reading my lips.
Speaker 3: Ten percent chanceerrain, mostly cloudy, windy today, highs of around eighty eight.
Speaker 4: You know Alex, right, he's right there. I would hope say he's hi, Hello, Ry.
Speaker 1: Liberation Day yesterday. Yeah, I was told that, and I said I wasn't in on it at first, and then I saw that that was something that people were talking about and they were trending. That was trending yesterday. So go ahead, Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: What you got? Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 5: President Donald Trump announced a series of substantial tariffs on imported goods, marking a significant shift in US trade policy. These measures include a baseline ten percent tariff on nearly all imports, with higher rates for specific countries thirty four percent on Chinese goods, twenty percent on European Union products and twenty five percent on all foreign made vehicles. President Trump described these tariffs as reciprocal a to match what he perceived as unfair trade practices by other nations. The reaction when the stock market was immediate and negative, as we just heard from our good friend Captain Cash, with the Dow feature futures dropping over nine hundred and fifty points in after hours.
Speaker 4: Traine, holy Canoli's that's where?
Speaker 5: When?
Speaker 1: How was here?
Speaker 4: I said, bro, what are you doing? He goes, well, yesterday wasn't so bad.
Speaker 1: It's just what happened on the overnight after everything kind of happened. So yeah, we're gonna open on the downside today just a bit.
Speaker 5: The measles outbreak that spread from Texas to New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Kansas, as well as several other states, is now up to over five hundred cases. Members of Mennonite Church who are at the epicenter are also linked to a spike in Mexico. Doctor Joseph Canty with the Texas Medical Association says that this proves how easily measles can spread through unvaccinated populations. The World Health Organization is linking cases in Mexico to Texas. There are at least sixteen measle case measles cases in Mennonite in the Midnite Canunity, which.
Speaker 4: Is about five hours south of El Paso.
Speaker 5: Vitamin A is being suggested by Secretary of Health and Human Services Robert F. Kennedy, but it cannot prevent being infected by the virus. Are you stressed out? Well, maybe you should start sleeping with a teddy bear. CNN talks to a bunch of experts who think more adults should be sleeping with stuffed animals. Most people tend to think of it as something that's just for kids, but they say grown ups can benefit from it the same reason, and then hugging something.
Speaker 4: Soft is just comforting.
Speaker 5: They say it can help if you tend to lie in bed feeling stressed at night, and can help you sleep, especially if you start associating it with sleep. And one expert said that it's a lot better than relying on sleeping pills or a glass of wine before bed.
Speaker 1: I thought I would take it to our audience just to see, you know, is anybody sleeping with stuffed animals?
Speaker 4: Which you got?
Speaker 3: It says, are you an adult who sleeps with a stuffy hot new trend experts think that adults should be sleeping with stuffed animals to help with stress. Two percent of our audience adults are sleeping with stuffies. Okay, it's like one person. Yeah, it's not a lot of you got about sixty.
Speaker 4: Votes in there.
Speaker 3: It might be two people. Not even it's not two people, it's one person. I won't know who you are, no judge, you can be honest. I think there's more of you than are admitting it, right. I think what they're trying to do is they don't want you drinking and doing other things to get you to go help you go to sleep. So I imagine some sleep institute is doing something, and hey, why don't you try a stuffed animal instead of drinking a bottle of wine every night, which is probably a good idea.
Speaker 4: Maybe, yeah, probably I could see how that might be positive for you. All right, Well.
Speaker 5: Ellen Pompeo says that she asked Taylor Swift to write a big check for the Children's Hospital in Los Angeles when they met to film her Bad Blood video almost ten years ago, and then Taylor happily obliged without even blinking an eye. According to to Pompeo, apparently, Taylor's a big Gray's Anatomy fan and even has a cat named Meredith Gray after Ellen's character on the show. On yesterday's Jennifer Hudson Show, Ellen shared a story about when she told Swift that there was an underfunded program at the hospital where music is made for babies and the nick you using voices of their parents. Pompeo said that she hadn't even known Taylor for more than twenty minutes when she asked her to write the check, but the Taylor immediately said yes.
Speaker 4: Because she's such a huge Gray's Anatomy fan. Yeah, that's what it was.
Speaker 1: So they said, Taylor's Taylor is Gray's Anatomy.
Speaker 5: If I was a billionaire and Steve Caroll asked me for a check for anything, I'd be like, yep, yeah, okay, that's a great example.
Speaker 1: Thank you for providing me so much entertainment. That's your favorite show. And if you were a billy, you would just you would do anything. Steve Carell told you.
Speaker 4: Had fund Scott's talks in real life. You know what that is. Look it up. I don't know what that is. You'll learn one day.
Speaker 5: One day, you'll learn Ozzy Osbourne isn't even dead yet, but his wife Sharon's already looking at his hologram. Oh boy, looking way ahead, already even an entire Black Sabbath Hologram show. Sharon says, technology keeps moving on and on, and you can do incredible things now, So what you could do in five years was gonna be even better.
Speaker 4: You never know what the opportunities are. You have no idea how it was. And I read that a Ritish accent. Oh yeah, you do. You do a pretty good Sharon Osborne too all day. No, it's not don't don't. Don't get me started. Don't get me started.
Speaker 5: On a related note, even though a lot of people blame her for freezing drummer Bill Ward out of the Last Sabbath Union, Sharon says it's amazing to have him back for their final show in July. She says, I'm not going to b s U and say we're the best of friends. We're not with such different people. But I respect Bill so much and I'm so happy that he's agreed to come for the band and for the fans.
Speaker 4: So Sharon's really just making a lot of stuff about herself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she is. And she had to pay Bill. She had to pay Bill what he was worth.
Speaker 4: She had to.
Speaker 3: It's like, okay, you want a full blown reunion. Now my stock is as high as it's ever right, here's my price. And and Bilton has money coming to him, you know, as the original drummer. You should you want a full blown reunion. It's the first time that Sharon probably had to, you know, bend over a little bit.
Speaker 4: A little bit. Yeah, those are Euston's headlines. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm sure she's on the phone with Gene Simmons. Hey, who are you guys using for your holograms?
Speaker 4: I'll tell you throughout a million dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Gill charge her for the info.
Speaker 5: And then she's gonna start charging that built for the info. This is a it's an endless cycle.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they're animals. They all are, all right.
Speaker 5: Sports Rockets got to win last night. They blew out the Jazz one forty three.
Speaker 4: To one oh five.
Speaker 5: Alprin Shan gunad a triple double, and Jalen Green had twenty two points in the night to lead the team in scoring. It was the Rocket's fiftieth win of the season. They are still the two seed in the Western Conference playoff picture with five games remaining in the regular season. They're gonna have a day off today before they play the Thunder tomorrow night at Toyota Center. And baseball Astros lost to the Giants yesterday six to three. It drops me to two and four to start the season. They're gonna open up a three game series with the Twins this after noon on the road. Hunter Brown is going to be on the mound for the Strows going up against Minnesota's Joe Ryan. First pitch is at three ten, and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 4: That is what's going on.
Speaker 1: Only twins that matter to me are my guys right here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you and Chili, You and Chili Chilli. Getting all those links up on links and guests. Make sure you go and check that out.
Speaker 1: He's got us rocking on Facebook. You can see the video, you can see us. We are on Facebook Live. We are also on YouTube at Rod Ryan's shows. To make sure you go and you check that stuff out, check in and drop a hello on there. Maybe some some Brian Reagan tickets coming up for you next hour.
Speaker 4: Let's do song clips. I love the music that we have.
Speaker 1: I love the music that we have for you today on Throwback Thursday. Obviously I put in my vote for our Lady Peace Already Houston's Rocking Alternatives. The Rod Rost Morning Show from six am, five ninety four five The Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan, Joe, thank you so much for having us on.
Speaker 3: If you're carrying over from the Homeroom Hour, thank you. If you're just joining us, wake you waky, hands off, snaky. Good to have you all on board on this Throwback Thursday. I would like to play some song clips for you just to kind of just to kind of reintroduce to you some of the music that we have available. Winning song will be played today at nine point thirty. All the music you're about to hear is on links and guests right now. Chilie put up the videos too, if you'd like to go watch some of these videos.
Speaker 1: This was a fun band.
Speaker 7: Do you know this song?
Speaker 3: The band is ugly kid Joe, I did that until this morning. Okay, everyone knows that Nirvana did what Nirvana did. They came in and they just wiped out a bunch of bands and said, okay, poison. You're you're done, Yeah, winger warrant. You guys are done. Ugly Kid Joe wasn't doing anything wrong. Some reason, they kind of got wiped away too, and they shouldn't have. They just kind of got caught up in like you guys are part of this other regime. And they weren't a hair metal band or anything. But for some reason, Nirvana just wiped them out too. They had no they had no business going away. This is Ugly Kid Joe, and I hate everything about you.
Speaker 1: Early nineties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were just kind of a fun, goofy band that weren't doing anything wrong and they just got caught in the wake of Nirvana.
Speaker 1: I think now this is American high five. This is probably what alex is voting for.
Speaker 6: And she don't know.
Speaker 1: She's got her best friend on the phone to wash her dirty clothes.
Speaker 6: This is so you.
Speaker 4: And he got pisign.
Speaker 1: I mean, are they cousins with all American rejects? I mean, are they the same band?
Speaker 5: Well, they were an American high fine and then they got rejected, and then they were the all American.
Speaker 1: Is Joel and Benji Madden in this band?
Speaker 4: It could have been.
Speaker 1: All right, here's my fun fact about this band.
Speaker 4: I didn't know this.
Speaker 1: Jesse sent me an email.
Speaker 3: Stacey Jones, singer for the band American High Fives, was a local product from Sugarland.
Speaker 1: He's now the musical director from Miley Cyrus.
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool. So still in the biz, and Wonder is putting out hits. You voted for this? Oh yeah, you're an animal? How can I not? Okay, let's talk real music now.
Speaker 6: WHOA.
Speaker 1: This is Our Lady Peace?
Speaker 14: You were ready?
Speaker 6: You're not liked? Hello to your friend.
Speaker 4: Another one of those bands that just you know, they had some success.
Speaker 1: Most of you know.
Speaker 3: My favorite band is the Tragically hit and they had this weirdly vocalist that just couldn't you know. I think that's part of the reason that they just didn't resonate and they didn't hit here in the States.
Speaker 1: Rain Mada has got a weird voice. Man, you did hit in the States, but they did have some hits here and this was one of them. This is Our Lady Peace and Superman's dead.
Speaker 4: Alone a loud loud out. I'm thinking, why see them.
Speaker 3: I'll just give you a warning. I left New Orleans twice. I went to New Orleans in the nineties, and then I went away, and then I came back to do mornings. Both times when and then I left there to come here. Both of my last shows were on my terms. The very last song I ever played was this song. Okay, if I leave here on my terms, this is what you're gonna.
Speaker 4: Hear is my last song. I'm just telling you now, I'm just giving your heads up. I kind of have to do it.
Speaker 3: If I get fired, I'm not gonna get the luxury of putting on my last song and saying goodbye to everybody.
Speaker 4: You'll post it on your stories, but yeah, this will be it for sure. I'm thinking why.
Speaker 1: Ali.
Speaker 3: Cast your vote now on the world famous rod Ryan showpage to the buzz dot com winning song played at nine thirty Rock and Alternative fair USTI The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 6: Morning Show six to ten am The.
Speaker 3: Buzz Welcome back everybody, Hey, let's throwback Thursday. I was just on linksin guests talking to Chili about that. See what you guys were voting for American High Fi and the lead alex Ugly Kid Joe in second place, our Lady Piece in third place.
Speaker 1: Hell votes right now, so I'm not getting too worried yet. But yeah, all those videos.
Speaker 4: And everything is on links and guests, So make sure you go and e chuck that out cast your.
Speaker 1: Vote if you haven't yet done that. I mean, let's throw back Thursday. You know, ten percent chance of rain, mostly cloudy, windy, high of eighty eight today. Oh boy, I see the stock market trending.
Speaker 4: I see tariffs. Say, when you're in the trend probably will be all morning.
Speaker 1: Like I see turns are trending like it's just like a turd. Yeah, to turn sandwich is turn sandwich trending.
Speaker 5: Not that the tariffs and stock market definitely are Trump's tarfs unimported goods he announced yesterday have kind of caused stock market to not have a great day so far.
Speaker 4: And that's what people are talking about online.
Speaker 5: What it's a positive thing people would talk about online is Sixtagram Thursday.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Nicole Vasquez is submitted to us by an anonymous listener, and people are checking her out at the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I see that.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go get over there right now.
Speaker 5: And then Mario Kart is trending. It looks like Nintendo just announced there's a new Mario Kart game.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be released in June, and people are stokes about it. Who doesn't love Mario.
Speaker 5: I'm a Call of Duty for dance guy for at per Se though that's the new ones out right now drop in.
Speaker 4: But Mario Kart also a fun game that's a training and I have a friend of us. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: I got a pull question up this morning. Any adults out there admit to sleeping with a stuffed animal? Jasmine did? She didn't say, don't use her name. Hey, Rod, I'm an adult. I sleep with a stuffed animal.
Speaker 4: I've got a t rex.
Speaker 1: He's about two feet long. His name is Fred. I've been sleeping with Fred for about five years now. It really does help me sleep. They don't sleep the same when he's not in my bed. Thank you, Jasmine. Our question this morning, sleep experts are saying, try this out. Stuffies are not just for the little kids anymore.
Speaker 3: Hot new trend experts think more adults should be sleeping with stuffed animals to help them with stress. Dude, thirteen percent of our audience saying they sleep with stuffed animals. Are you an adult who sleeps with a stuffy thirteen percent of our audience says yes. Eighty six percent of our audience says no, that's.
Speaker 1: On the X at Rob Ryan's show.
Speaker 5: I'd also like to know if people sleep with multiple stuffed animals, Like if you have like three stuffed animals and that add with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stuffed animals get weird.
Speaker 4: I don't want to judge.
Speaker 3: I mean, don't judge here. Stuffed animals get a little weird when we're not with that. Old woman has a bunch of stuffed animals on her bed.
Speaker 5: If you go over to gos house the first time, She's like, I have these sixteen animal these stuffed animals I sleep.
Speaker 4: With, like hello kitty everywhere like you better run, you better run, Red five Run the other Way.
Speaker 1: Tickets to see comedian Brian Reagan December fourth, Buy You Music Center tickets not on sale until tomorrow at ten. Yeah. I got a pair of tickets for Caller ten seven, one, three two.
Speaker 4: The Ryan Show ninety four five, The Bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz Papa Road Scars, Rod Ryan's Show Throwback Thursday. Thank you guys for interacting with us in all the different ways that you do whether it's a silly poll question about stuffed animals today on the X at Rod Ryan's show, whether it's checking us out on Facebook.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, I'm looking at you and the cameras now because you're watching the show. There's Alex waving right now. There we are like fishing a fishbowl, swimming around here.
Speaker 1: You guys are watching us. Tap on the glass, go ahead, we don't mind. We're also on YouTube at rod Ryan Show. You guys are voting for Throwback Thursday. You're checking out all the links, all that stuff. It's the interaction. It's the calls.
Speaker 4: I gotta go take a call. You're gotta go take a call right now. People are calling in. I guess I offered up some tickets here.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, Well hello, who's this?
Speaker 4: This is Danny your call her ten. Congrats. That is so awesome, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I mean, you want the tickets to Brian Reagan, I really do.
Speaker 8: He's your husband's favorite comedian.
Speaker 1: We've seen him one five.
Speaker 3: I thought maybe you were calling to tell me about your your stuffed animal collection that you have.
Speaker 8: I am not No, I don't have that.
Speaker 1: You don't sleep with a stuffed animal anything, well, everyone's doing it.
Speaker 8: Maybe occasionally, but I don't have a collection.
Speaker 17: Does that make it better?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Fair enough?
Speaker 4: I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 1: Is there the occasional stuffed animals? It's sort of like the equivalent of sleeping with a pillow?
Speaker 6: Uh huh.
Speaker 8: I don't know if that I don't know if that makes it better worse?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well listen, Danny, you and your husband have a great time at Brian Reagan. Everyone else has to buy their tickets tomorrow at ten am.
Speaker 4: But you're in.
Speaker 1: All right, fantastic, Thank you, so hi, thank you, Danny, thank you. Hang on the phone. The next voice you hear will be chilling. Where is that stuffed animal? Yeah, it's not twenty percent of our audience, yet it's gotten as high as eighteen and a half.
Speaker 3: It's at seventeen adults sleeping with stuffed animals? You know, I mean it's better than take a sleep, if it.
Speaker 1: If it takes sleeping pills or alcohol out of the mix of trying to fall asleep, if that helps. That's the argument, saying that it helps you fall asleep. You know, it's it's an easy thing to kind of make fun of, but if it replaces your sleeping pills, then yeah, I'm all for it.
Speaker 4: Get get a whole army of stuffed.
Speaker 1: Animals, alix. We're in We're in a cash list society right now. A lot of most of it, huh, most of it is like no cash accepted. There's a few holdouts, which I think is cool.
Speaker 4: A big drug guy.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not a big drug guy La Caraffe here in Houston. It's not that I don't know that.
Speaker 4: It's the oldest bar in Houston.
Speaker 1: But the building is the oldest building that has been a business, different businesses, but right now and for a long time, it's been locker raft cash only.
Speaker 4: I like it, Okay, I like it. I did not know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a cool place too. It's like you know, most people call it just the oldest bar in Houston.
Speaker 1: There's a couple places in the French Corner, Harry's Corner, There's a couple of places in the in New Orleans that, yeah, they're just holding out. They're like no cash, you know, and they don't just like they don't care like cash. There's an ATM right there, Go do something about it. I like that you got an ATM. The like you gotta have an atm mash. It's there's something cool about sitting at the bar and you got a stack of money in front of you and you just keeps sliding some over with each round that you're buying.
Speaker 4: I like that you're just watching your money go away, just kissing your pile away, like when you like pay your tab at a bar, or like at a restaurant.
Speaker 5: You go there and you just put your leg like it's a thirty five verse thirty one dollars or whatever.
Speaker 4: It is, and you put two twenties in the can't keep change. That just feels cool about Hey, yeah, I tell you it's on you. It's a sick flex have that. Yeah, spending cashes. I would have written it on the thing anyways, but like now you keep that.
Speaker 1: There's Husky Pete and Rizzo and Sammy b throughout the corner, and they all got their stack of ones in front of them, you know, and they're all just sipping on a whiskey and drinking a beer and telling all the stories about how great oil and gas used to be. And then they're just getting and they're just sliding money over to the to the bartender. But there's something cool about that, Sammy b. One of the good things they say that we've become.
Speaker 3: The real shift happened in twenty twelve when contactless payments really started gaining attraction.
Speaker 1: All that means is using your credit card or your debit card when you're out.
Speaker 18: Now.
Speaker 4: The tat payments now is kind of cool.
Speaker 5: Like I can do it to my watch and I feel like a wizard every time, and I always have. Like at Walgreens the other day, I was getting a prescription, just like keep did double tap that bad boy, I felt like I was magic.
Speaker 1: It's too easy, I know it is. It's too easy tapping that damn card at the gas station and everything. You're gonna have to put it in the machine anymore. You just tap the damn thing.
Speaker 5: You go to New York, we went to a Giants game up a couple of years ago, and you get in the subway, though, and you just double tap your phone and put it over the thing, and that's how you kind of just pay to get in at That's super convenient as opposed to having to like swipe a carter, like get a metro card or anything like that.
Speaker 1: It's pretty badass.
Speaker 3: One of the great things one of the positives, and there's negatives too. But we're in this cash list society. You know what's like way down is kids choking on on coins. Okay, it's a real thing. More than seventy five percent of foreign bodies swallowed by kids under six used to be coins.
Speaker 1: They're easily accessible, they were around all the time.
Speaker 4: That's just.
Speaker 1: Now it's all the things.
Speaker 3: But not having money around has wiped out seventy of the foreign things that kids swallowed under the age of six. No more coin swallowing. My sister stuck something upper I think it was a button though.
Speaker 1: I think my sister stuck a button upper nose, and like my dad was in the car ready to go to the emergency room, and my mom like it might have been it might it was either a dime or button.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Something was in my sister's nose cosse she was a kid. Dummy. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: So fewer children are swallowing and choking on coins right now.
Speaker 4: That's that's good. Yeah, now you know that the run show I pooped, the buzz.
Speaker 3: Four or five, the buzz Linquin eighty two and all the small things. Good morning, Rob Ryan show stop the presses.
Speaker 1: One of our great Joshua's brother Rob lac Carraffe, has started taking cards. Now, come on, it's probably a good thing. It's just I just got done tell you how cool it was. There's a couple of old holdout bars that are just don't take cash.
Speaker 3: They only take cash. Locker Raft famously forever only took cash. I mean, you just had to have cash otherwise you work on a get served there.
Speaker 4: They take credit cards, credit cards. I don't know, so I just like check.
Speaker 3: I hate checks. Part of me has died right now. Locker Raft, come on, what do you mean checks? Who the hell is using a check?
Speaker 5: I had where this new place are living. They were like, hey, you need to put a check down for this deposit and stuff. I had to get the money. It was like, I don't have checks. They look at me like I was crazy. I know, I don't have checks. Why would I need checks?
Speaker 4: Whenever? I don't need those, I use checks. I don't pay. I got some people that like the pool guide check. You don't just vinmo no check Venmo's the same thing as a check, isn't it? They Earno? I haven't asked.
Speaker 5: I Zell my landlord now, but like the actual place, like, hey, you need this, you need to check.
Speaker 1: I got a feeling mister Hernandez, the guy that's been molling my loan forever, is so awesome. I got a feeling he's not on Venmo.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people are on Venmo. Really, most people are on Venus.
Speaker 1: Should I ask?
Speaker 4: It might be I mean, it's easy enough to me to ask. I think.
Speaker 5: I think since you're the one paying, you can beay, hey, do you would you accept Vinmo payment? Yeah, but check, Like if that's the way you've already you've always done it, that might be easier. But like, I think it's super it's way easier. Like our podcast producer I pay with like Zell, I just here you go.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah. I mean it's like it's way easy. It's your buddy and stuff like that. I get that.
Speaker 1: I do that too, But there's still a couple of people that I paid. I write checks, I write out checks.
Speaker 4: I think it's easier to just be here. I need X amount of month done. I guess I'll ask. I didn't think. I mean, it doesn't bother me.
Speaker 1: I don't care. Check is not a big deal.
Speaker 10: For me.
Speaker 5: I know you can cash them by gi just or you can deposit them by just taking a picture.
Speaker 4: Now, so you don't even have a checking account. I do have a checking account. I don't have checks.
Speaker 3: Okay, you could get checks if you wanted them, I could just don't. You just don't want them.
Speaker 4: You never had checks. No, I'll just go buy the bank and be like, give me money order if I need it.
Speaker 6: I'm at the bank.
Speaker 1: That's a pain in the ass.
Speaker 4: It's nice having that check just to be able to write.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, uh, it's the end of an air of my friends. La Carraf has started taking cards.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you just want to know you're living in the good old days when it is the good old.
Speaker 3: Days, you know, dude, I thought this whole thing was going to be a goof, and like I just I mean, it is a goof, and it's a silly thing to talk about. My pole question this morning. Are you an adult that sleeps with a stuffy a stuffed animal? Now, I don't your kid whatever, My kid sleeps with one.
Speaker 4: But are you an adult that sleeps with one?
Speaker 1: Brother?
Speaker 2: Round?
Speaker 1: I sleep with one my fiance got for me when we were doing long distance. I've got insomnia. It definitely helps me sleep.
Speaker 4: It's comforting.
Speaker 1: He's bought me four more since I probably have ten now on my bed.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, it just ten. That's so odd. You have heads in the freezer. Yeah, you have heads in the freezer. Use ten to like sleep with it.
Speaker 5: If it's like one of the you know, like girls have like one hundred and seven pillows on their bed, but they don't really sleep with them all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's another crazy, Like if you just decorate your bed with them, that's less.
Speaker 5: Like if you're sleeping with seventeen stuffed animals, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Are you taking them off?
Speaker 4: And are you making your throwing them on the floor? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Uh ross, Hey we got a guy first one, brother Rod. I sleep with my stuffed animal every night.
Speaker 1: My fiance is a bit of a feral animal, and I keep her stuffed as often as possible. Get out of here, Get him out of it, Get out of here. Ros, it's a matter with you.
Speaker 4: Let's have something to do like the Boat on Throwback Thursday or something.
Speaker 19: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz that's awesome. I mean, that's it. That's awesome. It's it's Lincoln Park. It's up from the bottom. We have the world premiere of that recently, and it looks like we're gonna just bang that one all day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know what I said. Let's just bang that all day, Wizard.
Speaker 1: Good job.
Speaker 6: We need that.
Speaker 4: I need that in the morning.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 3: That's better than any cup of coffee out there. That's better than it. Well, is it better than your stuffed animals?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: These people are some people, dude. It's all I'm getting right now. Is stuffed animal in emails? Stuffed animal email? You asked, Yeah, I did ask.
Speaker 4: You brought this on yourself.
Speaker 1: I did ask about the stuffed animals. Christina says, as I logged on this morning, I hear you all asking if there are any adults out there.
Speaker 3: Who sleep with stuffed animals. I have since I was seven. I turned forty four in February. It's the same one from when she was seven.
Speaker 1: Dude, she says. It does get washed, right, it does get washed regularly. It has traveled most places with me. Sometimes I just don't want to take the chance of something happening to it.
Speaker 3: I have molded myself in how I sleep around it and when it finally does give up, if ever, I'll have to replace it with something. Shout out to Ashley forgiving him to me on my seventh birthday at my very first slumber party as rocks, sock sox, shoe, shoe, toothpaste.
Speaker 1: Water pills, water if drinking from a cup, water pills if drinking from a straw. Love you guys, Thanks for all the laughs. Christina, Great email, Great email?
Speaker 4: What is she talking about?
Speaker 3: My pull question this morning? Are you an adult that sleeps with a stuffed animal? There's a there's a huge case for how good it is for you. It's up to twenty percent of our audience. Now, twenty one percent of our audience say they sleep with they're an adult that sleeps with a stuffy.
Speaker 1: Experts think more adults should be sleeping with stuffed animals to help with stress, and they're recommending that over the you know, the glass of wine or the sleeping pills. For God's sake, of course, stuffy's all day over sleeping pills. That's our full question.
Speaker 4: It's on the X at Rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 1: Hey keep sending me your words. Oh, Chili's guest arrived Just Joe. He's said that he's a good share It's just Joe, right, I go Chili. Who's playing around? Just call him Joe.
Speaker 4: You don't need to know anything else. I must have some long name or something.
Speaker 1: I need words. I need more words sent to me. Email me Rod at the buzz dot com. The Chile is going to be taking on Just Joe and read my lips. Mostly quality today windy ten percent chance of rain high eighty eight. Alex has Houston's headlines ho.
Speaker 4: Good morning everyone.
Speaker 5: President Donald Trump and asked a series of substantial tariffs on imported goods mate, marking a significant shift in US trade policy. These measures included baseline ten percent tariff on nearly all imports, with higher rates for specific countries, thirty four percent on Chinese goods, twenty percent on European Union products, and twenty five percent on all FOURIGN made vehicles. President Trump described these tariffs as cyprocal, aiming to match what he perceives as unfair trade practices by other nations. The reactions from the stock market was immediate and not great, with Dow futures dropping over nine hundred and fifty points in the after hours trading.
Speaker 3: Dude, that's on the overnight. So we're gonna open like somewhere nine hundred points down. Marc's not open till eight thirty. Wells to see what happens.
Speaker 4: Donorry by low so high? So hi?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah great now I signed Bye bye bye. Switch on legal advice, switch all my money over to you. If you sound like you really know your stuff.
Speaker 4: Definitely don't do that.
Speaker 5: As another US ban on TikTok looms, Amazon has submitted a last minute bid to acquire the popular video sharing platform. A Trump administration official confirm that Amazon's offer was presented to Vice President JD Vance and Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnik. The impending ban, which is set to take effect Saturday, stems from national security concerns over TikTok's Chinese ownership.
Speaker 1: By Byte Dance, what happened to mister Wonderful from Shark Tank. I thought he was trying to buy well, they said him and a group of people. It wasn't just him. I don't think he's got that kind of money. I think by Dan said I'm out, Okay, mister Wonderful, Yeah, I'm sorry, man, sorry to say I'm out. So Jeff Bezos is wanting to buy it.
Speaker 4: The bays is and then yeah, it's this.
Speaker 1: Is a fiancee, Lauren Sanchez. Is she a big TikToker? Maybe she's probably influencing these things.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, do it, honey. Maybe that would be her wedding gift. Honey, I bought you TikTok.
Speaker 5: President Trump had previously paused the band to allow time for a sale and expected to a deal by the deadline, but also may consider extending the pause. Are they interested parties as so along with Amazon, you got Oracle, Blackstone and other investment groups that are reportedly offering at the forty seven point five billion dollars perplexity. AI has also proposed a rebuilding of TikTok's algorithm domestically to meet US privacy standards. I don't think it goes away now. If it does, it'll be a brief one like it did last time.
Speaker 1: TikTok. The toothpaste is out of the tube. It's not going away.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And a new survey, eighty seven percent of Americans say that getting enough hydration is important, especially in the morning, because it sets the tone for the day, but thirty four percent of people say that they don't typically drink water until after three pm each day.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think so too. Coffee doesn't count. It has to be straight water. So don't be like, well, there's water and coffee.
Speaker 4: I know it's water and beer. You know, you know I'm starving more with beer.
Speaker 1: Guy down the hall over there drinking his Mountain Dews, He's like, it's ninety percent water.
Speaker 4: Don't be that guy.
Speaker 1: Don't be that guy. All right, drink not you same, Just drink water. That's the one thing I gotta get. I mean, I think every parent is struggling with their kid. My parents didn't give a f all summer long if I drank one glass of water.
Speaker 4: Ever, I was out like they didn't know. Did I eat today? Like they didn't. Where where have I been?
Speaker 1: He'll he'll fend from sound, I mean, and even drinking water out of the damn hose you wanted the water.
Speaker 4: Struggling to get my coppery as it could be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but every kid at school, like in grade school, my kids in first grade, every kid's got a stanley or a cup they cut there and that might help.
Speaker 1: They got a cup with them. Every kid has a cup of water. With them at all times.
Speaker 4: We didn't do that. Some them just fill with kool a. We had to go to the drinking phone. Yeah that's me. Yeah, okay, all kids got a cup, so I think they're doing better at it.
Speaker 1: So yeah.
Speaker 5: One common hack that experts offered up was to get in the habit of drinking a glass right when you wake up. Since most people are usually thirsty, then gen Z is the most likely to drink water first day in the morning, while boomers are more likely to skip and go straight to coffee.
Speaker 4: Ooh, is gen Z doing a good job at that? I guess so great. They probably can't stay with your email with your name and six thousand letters. Yeah, you're a neat. You may be hydrated, but your email sucks.
Speaker 1: You're making gen Z's making fun of our emails. Now.
Speaker 4: That was how they know you're old.
Speaker 3: When you have a at the whatever it is you're using, if it's your name and you don't need to use a bunch of numbers.
Speaker 1: Afterwards, you're like, oh, you're old.
Speaker 4: You got in early.
Speaker 5: Any share is ancient. One name Joe didn'ty Joe's a million years old. He's only got one name.
Speaker 4: I bet you Joe at all dot com. I butt that's how you get ahold of our guy? Probably a twenty pisal Joe.
Speaker 5: Kelly Clarkson allegedly wants to leave her talk show next year after her contract with NBC expires. A source says that her two kids are her top priority and that she wants to spend more time with them and in the South. Clarks she wants to go to God's Country. That's Morgan Wallam would say. Clarkson shares an eight year old son and ten year old daughter with her ex husband Brandon Blackstock, and Kelly currently lives in New York City, but grew up in Texas. Shannon Larkin and Tony Rombola, the longtime drummer and guitarist for Godsmack, have left the band. Larkin explained that after extensive discussions with bandmates Sully Erna and Robbie Merrill, they mutually agreed to part ways due to Larkin and Rombola's desires to retire from touring. Larkin emphasized that their decision was friendly and based on personal choices, and that they are both grateful for the fans.
Speaker 4: They also sent well wishes for the band's future.
Speaker 5: I feel like that's like, I'm just surprised that doesn't happen more often, where like the tour touring lifestyle is a grind, and Godsmack has done it for so many years, and I guess once you get your money, sometimes it's just like I don't want to go to Cincinnati tomorrow. I don't want to do a seven month day like tour day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you get older and you realize that you're not a outside cat anymore. You're an inside cat.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, you stay in nice hotels, like if your Godsmack, I get that.
Speaker 1: But like, on the road is an absolute grind every night.
Speaker 3: I know it's the dream of every young band and everything, but when you've done it as long as and I know there's bands that have done it a lot longer Rolling Stones for God's sake, absolutely, but look at what look at you know, Godsmack's not on the level of Metallica.
Speaker 1: Metallica goes out plays weekends.
Speaker 3: Then they each have their own private jet and they go home and they they're indoor cats throughout the week Yeah, and then they play on the weekends.
Speaker 4: God Smacks on the road like he's swift. H she was just doing weekends only, and.
Speaker 1: It's it's the nicest bus, it's the nicest hotels, but it's not home after a while. And Shannon Larkin has been a rock star since he was a teenager.
Speaker 3: That guy was playing the drummer of the Godsmack was playing in bands and on the road at fifteen.
Speaker 5: So thirty four gods to that, you're like, all right, Yeah, I can see how people get burnt out on it. Yeah, and I know that there's good money in it. When you're Godsmack, I get that there is good money. But after you've made your money, like I can also be like I kind of just want to hang out and watch a game tonight.
Speaker 3: And we know that's where primarily your money comes from now, is touring and not selling out to the record. So yeah, they guys just have enough and they say they're they're leaving on good terms. Man, does what does this mean for the future of Gods?
Speaker 4: I got to continue, right?
Speaker 5: I know he was such a big part of it, but like God, it's Godsmack, and didn't they just put out in his stuff not that long ago.
Speaker 1: Sully's a bit of an animal. I think he's going to continue.
Speaker 5: I don't see Godsmack going away anytime soon, we'll see those are Euston's headlines.
Speaker 3: All right, great time for basketball here in Houston. I mean, you got the Final four coming up this weekend. But the Rockets locked the Puffs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they are top six seed, guaranteed. We're aiming for that two spot. Rockets did get the win last night. They blew out the Jazz one forty three to one oh five. This really wasn't much of a game at all. Alpha and Shangun had a triple double and Jalen Green had twenty two points in the night to lead the team in scoring. It was their fiftieth win of the season, and like I said earlier, locked into the two seed, right or not? Locked into the two seed. They're in the two seed right now. With five games remaining to go in the regular season. They're gonna have a day off before playing the Thunder tomorrow night at Toyota Center. And baseball not going as great as we'd like. Astros lost to the Giants yesterday six to three. It drops into two and four to start the season.
Speaker 4: Still early. Remember how they started last year. It still made the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good thing is there's six thousand baseball games.
Speaker 4: Don't worry, Yeah, don't worry. You got a million games left there.
Speaker 5: They're gonna open up a three game series with the Twins this afternoon on the road. A Hunter Brown will be on the mount for the Strows. He's going up against Minnesota's Joe Ryan. First pitch is at three ten. You can listen to that one over on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 4: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 19: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Okay ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show, half Boy, part of the show, Peopo, How did that.
Speaker 4: Happen so soon?
Speaker 1: Halfway already? Wow, green day, wake me up when September ends. I am always hoping that you're off to a great start to your day. I'm hoping that maybe if you're not, and you hear something silly on this show and it's like, okay, take your mind off of it. A lot of you are stuck in traffic right now. I get it all right. Thank you for being a part of this journey with us. Every morning, ten percent chance of rain, mostly cloudy, windy today. Highs them around eighty eight. Number one suggested word Alex for read my lips. You're not playing and I'm gonna say it, so I'm not going to use it. Number one suggested words not overly funny, but it's something that we've been talking about this week. Pretty big story. Tariffs, A lot of tariff stuff, A lot of tariff stuff for.
Speaker 4: The good stuff. Torpedo bats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, number one thing, especially with the Astros losing right now, it's like, get those torpedo bats over here, like let's have Adam.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just somebody that needs to just drop them off at this at the stage. By the way, here's the shipment. Like the Survivor.
Speaker 3: Back when I watched the show, they'd be standing there on the island and like some chopper would come in and they would drop like a target box, like a bunch of sponsor a bunch of stuff, like here's.
Speaker 4: Some blankets and some matches, Like, hey, they compete for those.
Speaker 1: Major League Baseball should just drop a huge box of bats right there on the center field.
Speaker 5: They haven't worked for the Yankees lately, so I don't know. Maybe they lost their last year, but yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Torpedo bats. We talked about Torpedo Bats on Past their Grave yesterday.
Speaker 1: Okay you gotta do, uh, you gotta do podcast that's been released.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Torpedo Bats were a big discussion and it's cheating.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's cheating.
Speaker 20: To talk about Killinger movies.
Speaker 1: We talked did you did you determine what? Did you have a favorite Vell Kilmer movie?
Speaker 4: Like is is?
Speaker 1: Do you have your own Vel Kilmer? Like that's the one that's for you?
Speaker 5: Well, I said, like I just remember it from like Top Gun, and that was we did. Robert hasn't seen enough of Malcolming wants to do a mock draft. We did do a mock draft of one Hit Wonders and that got really fun good like pick Him was fun with the best one hit Wonders where. But yeah, like we just kind of talked about about Kilmer movies because like he wasn't really a lead in a lot of things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he was awesome and everything he was in he.
Speaker 3: I think he never won the Academy Award and I think where he needed real consideration Doc Holliday for Tombstone.
Speaker 1: He was so great in that, and then his portrayal of Jim Morrison.
Speaker 3: It was just as good as Rammy Melick, who did not sing portraying Freddie Mercury. Remy Melick was great, right, he was awesome, right, you know, But Ray Charles when h Jamie Fox, when Jimmie Fox did that, he did the singing and he just became him.
Speaker 1: And he did win the Academy Award. And I don't know, I don't think Dell Kilmer got the respect that he did for that Doors movie.
Speaker 4: But people started being like, Okay, this guy, like he's a lead role guy.
Speaker 1: No, and now biopics look at what happened to Uh.
Speaker 3: No, I'm sorry the Bob Dylan movie, you know, yeah, I mean people look at those now and those are like legitimate upper tier, upper crust movies.
Speaker 5: I don't know that they're singing Bob Dylan is not as hard as any of the other ones that we've mentioned.
Speaker 1: Agreed, Agreed, I think it is Bob Dylan's all pulled off a little Bob Dylan, I know, you're the songbird of our generation.
Speaker 5: Like whenever they do that Tom Petty one, like not saying Tom Petty's not I love Tom Petty, but like not necessarily the greatest force.
Speaker 1: Chili's got a guest in the studio over there, Chilli. Is there any reason are you protecting him? Is he in the witness Protection program or something? When I asked who's playing?
Speaker 4: You just said just Joe? Like do we are we? You cannot ask? Is his identity to remain a secret here?
Speaker 1: Does he have some last name that you can't pronounce?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 7: Probably is the last name part? So I wanna let him tell you?
Speaker 4: Joe, what are you working with there? On a last name?
Speaker 1: Joe?
Speaker 4: What's up? Is Joe bro?
Speaker 6: Rod?
Speaker 1: Joe? What Joe Bro? Your last name is Bro? Yeah? Man, No, it's not.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You come in here with some I D. When you go when you got it?
Speaker 20: Passes security guard?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: Your last name? How do you spell your last name?
Speaker 4: B R will just go with, oh, is it is? It is your name Browanski or something like that. E A U X b a U x e R e a U.
Speaker 1: X Joe Bro is playing?
Speaker 4: Uh huh?
Speaker 1: Ready to go?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: The Joe Bro Yeah, not to be confused with the Joe Bros. Right, Joel said, submitted this word true blew it you get off truugh it.
Speaker 4: He's just a boy.
Speaker 1: I never heard back from Truett e tru Truth. Have your mom emailed me True?
Speaker 6: We have.
Speaker 4: We have more questions enough to have any any kind of emails.
Speaker 6: True.
Speaker 3: It became an immediate star on this show doing the and I thought it was I went back and listened.
Speaker 1: It was awful. It was a train wreck, as a lot of things.
Speaker 4: Are on this show.
Speaker 3: I went back and listened to the podcast thank you for podcasting that Alex have hit the post.
Speaker 1: It was bad. It was bad, But the more I thought about it, True was a star. He was a star. I don't think we're done with Truet.
Speaker 4: I'm not. I hope not. I'm not done with I have unfinished.
Speaker 3: Business with True so truth blew it. I'm not using that. He's fine, Okay, I'm still going with tru It.
Speaker 4: You can do it plenty of time.
Speaker 3: Get out of here. I will not accept any true blew it at all. All right, we're gonna meet Joe Brow coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 4: He'll be in studio.
Speaker 1: He's taking on the Chile. I'm gonna do one final scan of all the words that you've been sending me for reading my lips. It's not too late to send me some great ones. It's that Joe bro in the the room with Chili. All right, email me Rod at the Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 19: That goes for you too, True Houston's Rock, Houston's Alterative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show Us.
Speaker 4: All right, welcome back everybody.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan's Show Throwback Thursday edition. I am kind of curious. I know Alice is gonna tell us what's trending. Our lady piece last time I looked. Believe it or not, Chili put that bell down. Our lady Peece is in the lead. Go ahead, dude, lay on that bell, our lady piece in the lead. Fifty five percent of your vote American High five thirty one percent, Ugly Kid Joe thirteen percent. Ugly Kid Joe went from first to worst in the voting. That's what that's uh, that's what those song clips will do.
Speaker 7: I remember of the kid though. I used to watch them on MTV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had that I Hate Everything About You. And then there was a cover song they did Cat's in the Cradle.
Speaker 7: I did hear that one too. That was a big Hits in the Cradle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a big idea.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're correct.
Speaker 1: Mostly cloudy windy today, tempercent chance Rain hides.
Speaker 4: Them around eighty eight.
Speaker 1: Seven minutes Alex until the stock.
Speaker 3: Market opens today. Wait, I can't wait too, I am watching. I never said he I never do this stuff during the show, but.
Speaker 4: I don't even do it after this.
Speaker 1: The futures were such a turn sandwich that I can't help but to see what the heck they're going to open ass right now? They were down nine hundred at one point on the overnight nine fifty.
Speaker 3: Oh Jesus, Yeah, okay, great, thanks my tariffs and stock market trending neat?
Speaker 4: So what biloilo? Okay, I guess you've never better time to buy right now. I want to buy TikTok for us?
Speaker 5: Do it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: I don't want a couple of billion, seven billion dollars.
Speaker 7: We talk to my investor Rod. What's up?
Speaker 4: Sixstagram?
Speaker 1: Thursday?
Speaker 4: Is trending still?
Speaker 5: Nicole Vaski hasn't submitted to us by an anonymous anonymously Sam.
Speaker 4: Or something like that.
Speaker 9: He emailed me, Hey, my wife don't believe me. I submitted all right, alright, so he dide, great job, Sam.
Speaker 5: Yeah, way to go, Sam, to go check her out with the world famous rode right and show page. The buzz that come and then Drew Barrymore is trending. She experienced a hot flash during a food segment on our talk show yesterday.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't believe anything she says.
Speaker 4: She's she is so thirsty for hot viewers splashing. I don't know, but yeah, she's training all night.
Speaker 1: But that show. I mean, we cover some stupid things on this program, but she has the silliest topics every time. To read my looks as I'm singing this song. The show's not silly it is. It's silly like Millie Vanilly. It's silly like Joe Brow. Okay, Joe Joe from Lafayette, Louisiana.
Speaker 20: Boser City. But yeah, I lived in Lafayette for a while.
Speaker 1: Okay, how long you've been here in Houston?
Speaker 20: Five years now?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Best king cake is where.
Speaker 20: Ricky Measer's donut king That's the one that's the one man?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Is that the one that Donna Januzzo from Lafayette sent us years ago?
Speaker 7: I wouldn't know she sent us one.
Speaker 1: And done did nobody thank her? I think? Okay, I feel like we got one king Cake out of her, and that was it.
Speaker 4: From Lafayette I.
Speaker 7: Just emailed her and said, thanks for the thought.
Speaker 4: Well, this is Friday, this is Joe Brow. Yeah, and he's taking on you chilly more night, Joe blow because he ain't.
Speaker 20: Bring home the w Now did you practice I practice?
Speaker 4: You said you practiced with co workers.
Speaker 20: Co workers helped me out yesterday and thanks to them, shout out.
Speaker 4: They really help or did they hurt the experience? That helps the experience?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Did you listen to that dumb song gonna make you here? Listen a little bit, a little bit.
Speaker 20: I'll played my own music super loud though.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're gonna be listening to this Mastadon song, greatest song of all time, and so we're gonna come riff, We're gonna come back. It's quick. It's a quick turnaround in two minutes. If you win today, I'll give you the gasolight anthem Counting Crows tickets. If you don't win, I'll go get somebody on.
Speaker 4: The phones, like mister Jones. But I mean Joe bro Counting Crow.
Speaker 1: He's going, let's do it. He's going to the show. All right, Chili, he.
Speaker 4: Can't wait to go. This's chili, all right, Wallay, you know you're.
Speaker 20: Not worried about this guy.
Speaker 1: Non never, Okay, we will we will tussle in three and a half minutes.
Speaker 4: Stay with us The rud Ryan Show, The Buzz. There we go ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Oh Chili just said, he goes, Oh, you're playing my band before I'm playing the game. I mean that's like walk.
Speaker 3: In music for you, Like if you were a you'd probably use that to walk down the aisle into the octagon.
Speaker 7: I mean, all the planets are aligning. Yeah, the moves are aligning.
Speaker 1: All right, Joe Bro, that just kind of came up. I promise I didn't do that.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 3: I have no favorites here. As a matter of fact, I'm rooting for you, Joe Bro. Joe Brow is our guy. And you said you got some some young people, some little people listening to you today.
Speaker 20: Who's listening Henry and James and Claire, my wife Jessica.
Speaker 1: And they're off. They're getting ready for school right now, for school.
Speaker 7: I apologize for what I'm about.
Speaker 4: Your d oh god, kids.
Speaker 1: All right, just mom, keep your hand on the dial of the radio. Okay, all right, the name of the game is read my lips. Now, I do have a prize, and it could be Joe Bro's. He could win those gas Light Anthem County Crows tickets if he takes care of Chili to read my lips, no chance, but just in case, if Joe Bro doesn't pull it off, I'm gonna go to the phones. Here here, Good morning, Ron Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, who's the that's Kyle.
Speaker 4: All right, Kyle.
Speaker 3: I don't think we're gonna need you, but if Joe Bro crumbles in front of his children on the radio, if he doesn't pull off a win, I'll slide you those tickets.
Speaker 7: Okay, good deal, all right, Carl, don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: I got you, I got you you.
Speaker 2: I've got confidence.
Speaker 4: Yeah we never heard that before with Chili Chili.
Speaker 7: I got it, but but I wasn't as confident as I am right now.
Speaker 4: Well that's good, that's good. Yeah, it's real good. Alright.
Speaker 9: Not good for Joe though, Joe Bron go, Jo can go, Joe Bro, go first.
Speaker 3: Joe Bro, you're going first first, really out of the gate, right, make sure he's got that song and everything.
Speaker 8: That he needs.
Speaker 4: I'm cute up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're playing that awful mastadon song Sultan's curse.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's blaring in his ears. Right now, I'm going to give Joe Brow three words. He's got twenty seconds.
Speaker 7: He's giving me those Dexter vibes.
Speaker 13: Serial killing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like Dexter's wrestling brother.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Joe. Wait, all right, twenty seconds on the clock. Bady go, here we go, thumbs up.
Speaker 20: Ready, let's go, Rod.
Speaker 1: All right, he seems ready, dude, he's ready to lose. All right, Sandy with an I sent this one in. Here we go.
Speaker 4: Danger danger zone, danger zone. That's easy, dude, that was easy. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 20: That's what Chili's in right now?
Speaker 5: Zone.
Speaker 7: I live in the danger zone. What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: I guess that'd be a Vell Kilmer right you were talking.
Speaker 9: I mean, anybody could have seen that come, right, Charles could have seen that one comes. Davie Wander saw that one coming.
Speaker 1: You just want to go through every blind person you know, now, Ronnie millsap.
Speaker 7: Okay, I didn't know him, but that's only two on you.
Speaker 4: Who is a Peliciano?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is he blind?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: He's blind? Police, Yeah, he was blind. He saw that coming.
Speaker 6: He saw that.
Speaker 1: Brian sent this in and he said, it's a nod to Myra. Oh that was on the show this week.
Speaker 4: You know the word.
Speaker 1: Here we go thumb, sausage fest, something face, sausage Fest, passenger seat, sausage sausage face, sausage Fest, sausage face, sausage sausage Fest, fast fix, sausage fence, sausage Fest, sausage face time, sausage all around it.
Speaker 4: For a little bit.
Speaker 1: Myra said, when are you getting a girl in there?
Speaker 4: Because you guys are having a sausage fest. I should have known that, Mara.
Speaker 1: I can't even bust your ball. She doesn't have them, but I can't because she won.
Speaker 4: She saved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she saved the hit the post games. Okay, that's from Brian via Myra. Okay, one and one. You got one more, dude, you got one more.
Speaker 7: He was ready to lose already.
Speaker 4: He giveady.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Joe Bro.
Speaker 4: Headphones are back on. The kids are listening. Yeah, Chili, the kids are listening. That's why I'm being nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know he's listening. Kyle still on the phone, Kyle, you's still there, Yes, sir, his shirt.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get this. He's not going Kyle, he's gonna get this all right.
Speaker 1: Here we go, can get this wrong?
Speaker 4: Lauren sent this in Ready Run.
Speaker 21: Stripper Song, Triple Stuff Stripper Song, Triple Sauce Triple Stripper Song, Triple Chocolate Stripper stripper Song, Triple Dipple saucepper song.
Speaker 7: I'm not y'all gave him the worst words.
Speaker 1: Alex, Alex, you have explained this phenomenon before. When you get stuck on something you can't get off it. Triple triple, triple, triple, triple, triple.
Speaker 4: Tripple, and you did the right thing. We're trying to guess all the things I can think of.
Speaker 1: They have that stripper song, Blue October, the new Blue October Hot stuff.
Speaker 4: I said was okay, you got one, he got one, Jilli. So how me?
Speaker 1: God, if you go into some quadruple overtime.
Speaker 4: Friend off content?
Speaker 6: Is that a challenge?
Speaker 4: I challenge you too. I'll take you up on it.
Speaker 7: I gotta get two words right.
Speaker 4: You gotta get to right to win, one to tie, to to win. Let's go for that one.
Speaker 1: Joe, bro see what he's got.
Speaker 4: Did you practice enough?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 20: You can always practice more.
Speaker 1: Hold on.
Speaker 4: I heard that those kids just got on the bus and said, don't tell anybody my last name. Is that your debt? No, I don't know. It was another That was another joke.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 4: There's a ton of them. They're all over West we go in Louisiana.
Speaker 1: All right, Robert sent this word in twenty seconds for your twin brother over here.
Speaker 4: Keep an eye on him.
Speaker 1: Last twenty seconds. Thumbs up, thumbs up.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 7: Don't start laughing, you start.
Speaker 4: You see that I'm getting his hat, not laughing. I don't like this tom foolery a little bit.
Speaker 7: You do want him to win?
Speaker 6: That's what?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he does clearly. All right, hold on, here we go, loose.
Speaker 7: And the power of the handboobies. Let's go.
Speaker 4: Snake babies.
Speaker 2: What snake baby tank baby snake babies singing baby snake babies. Skank baby snake babies. Thank you, baby snake.
Speaker 22: Late babies, Sinking babies, snake babies, sake babies, snake babies, all right, thank.
Speaker 4: You baby Jessica Simpson, Yeah, oh, snake.
Speaker 1: Snake babies. She's basically drinking snake babies before they're Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's kind of a sorright.
Speaker 1: The kids are listening.
Speaker 4: The kids are listening. She drinks snake babs.
Speaker 7: That's why I didn't get it, because I was thinking clean.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's none. Skank babies added to the band.
Speaker 1: Skank Babies. All right, that's a great band. Time to play the skank Babies, Kyle, time.
Speaker 7: To put their kids to band.
Speaker 4: It's time to play, all right, he says to Kyle.
Speaker 3: He said he's gonna he's gonna get these next to we'll see all right, word number two from Kenny.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Kenny.
Speaker 6: We go.
Speaker 2: Thumbs up, thumbs out, monkey money, pucket, monkey monkey money.
Speaker 7: Molly Pucket, rolly pucket.
Speaker 2: Monkey hop bucket, monkey money, monkey pocket, monkey money, pocket monkey money, monkey monks, monkey money, monkey money.
Speaker 1: You're hid me. Joe Burrow starts swinging. You said it, monkey money, monkey money?
Speaker 4: Who said it? Who said it?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: Kenny? Kenny?
Speaker 4: Okay, don't Kenny. What's his phone?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Here we go?
Speaker 7: Al, Hey, you did challenge me for a overtime.
Speaker 4: Maybe he's been sandbagging. He did not want to show him.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go, Joe bro twenty seconds away from glory, glory or your kids will take back their last name.
Speaker 4: Now they're not sure, like mama, what's your maiden name? We're gonna go with her, all right.
Speaker 7: Don't worry, Kylee lock got you.
Speaker 4: If he doesn't get this, I'm gonna reach over and pull his beard hair. If he doesn't get this, it could have gone a lot. Angela sent this one in thumbs up.
Speaker 1: Dumbs up.
Speaker 4: Look at him, he's aloud. It's two if two three words. I don't like this. Thumbs up, composure, thumbs out on your reading skills. Here we go, dumbs up. Hoochi daddy. Who's your daddy? Hoo Chi daddy?
Speaker 7: What I didn't say that word?
Speaker 1: Hoochie daddy.
Speaker 7: Hoochie daddy.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you didn't get that.
Speaker 20: I'm pretty sure my coworkers used the same one on me yesterday.
Speaker 4: That was a layup.
Speaker 1: That was a w NBA layup. I couldn't make it up.
Speaker 4: I thought it was yet out of here.
Speaker 1: Hoochie daddy. Go uh, Angela, Hoochie daddy? Did you really use that in practice? Yeah?
Speaker 20: I'm pretty sure this.
Speaker 1: Guy's always talking about his hoocchi daddy. Short. Yeah, and again I shuffled him, so I didn't know who was getting it was a bad word at.
Speaker 4: First, so then you're like, ah, what could it be? It's not that houcie daddy. I don't know what he thought he saw.
Speaker 1: Okay, overtime rules, you're gonna put on the same song headphones. You won't be able to hear me. I'm just telling you. Keep guessing until you get it.
Speaker 4: All right. I don't know if it's easy or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a brand new word.
Speaker 4: Here we go, Alex.
Speaker 1: As soon as I say the word, you start timing yep, and uh we go until he gets it.
Speaker 4: I was in that one. Sorry, all right, here we go, overtime, Kyle.
Speaker 2: Like it.
Speaker 4: I don't late.
Speaker 3: Should have been this bit, should have been over my nose. All right, Here we go, Ashley with an eye. You want her determining like her word, determining everything. Okay, timer, get ready. I don't know how quickly they're getting this.
Speaker 4: Thumbs up, thumbs up rod.
Speaker 23: Open cheeks, open sheets, open cheeks, open sheets, open cheeks, open seats, open cheeks, open, cheese, cheeks, open, sesame, open open cheeks, cheese, open sheets, open, open open, Please open opens cheese, cheeks, open, cheeks, seeks opens.
Speaker 4: What time did I point to my cheeks?
Speaker 5: What time?
Speaker 4: Twenty three?
Speaker 1: Twenty three point three nine one look at me, and I'll point to my cheeks. I mean, Chili's gonna get this one. Huh, all right, chili, bring them in, open cheeks. Oh man, all right, bring in chili, Hi, Chili Man.
Speaker 7: I went down to my truck gotta work out.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Oh, that means you took a long time. Chat.
Speaker 4: That means you took a long time, bro sweating though it was December.
Speaker 1: All right, Chili, I'm gonna give you the word. Just keep talking, and so you have it right.
Speaker 7: I mean, what did I like two years to guess it one?
Speaker 4: Get it fast?
Speaker 1: How is he coming in here and busting balls? This guy doesn't win over time rolls all right? As soon as I say the word, start timing, and then tell me when to do my thing. If thumbs up, thumbs up, All right, here we go.
Speaker 13: Open cheeks, open sheet, open cheeks, open cheese, open cheeks, open cheese. It open cheeks, open sheen, cheeks open green, open cheeks, open jeans, open cheeks.
Speaker 1: What cheeks cheeks open, clean cheeks open, open.
Speaker 4: Open cheeks.
Speaker 7: Wait, waits, don't look at him, look at me.
Speaker 13: Open cheeks, open, check cheeks, cheese open, open jean cheeks.
Speaker 4: Bend over and open your cheek.
Speaker 13: Odde you saying we're gonna keep it clean.
Speaker 4: Sorry about that, Kyle, Yeah, I pointed to my cheeks. I couldn't wait as long cause I did. We gotta do it again.
Speaker 1: Get out, you know, because Alex is gonna say I was cheating.
Speaker 4: I was not gonna say that.
Speaker 1: All right, get out, get out double over time.
Speaker 4: Who cares.
Speaker 3: We're just gonna We're not gonna play any commercials on the show today.
Speaker 4: All right, cheeks. He started saying the same things he was saying. Oh no, I'm like, oh god, again, I had it in there. I just I just shuffled. Here we go.
Speaker 1: Oh god, okay, Chris sent this in same thing.
Speaker 4: Ready. I'm not gonna point to any because we don't have one here.
Speaker 1: I can't point. I just did that.
Speaker 4: I just I don't know. I don't And that wasn't a higher percent giving away because you've just been pointing at your.
Speaker 1: Pointed to my face. All right, here we go, thumbs up, thumbs up, running, here we go.
Speaker 18: Doggie door target sword doggye door target toy, doggy dog toy, doggy doggy door doggy door boo.
Speaker 4: That was legit. Ten point six one in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not working out, he's over there's sweating, he's sweating.
Speaker 4: Okay, damn me going to multiple overtimes. So he kind of did that.
Speaker 1: He got you there, you guys in this double overtime.
Speaker 4: Close your cheeks killing me. Let's open, kick you in your cheeks. I got none both sets.
Speaker 7: All right, let's go.
Speaker 1: You got a roundhouse at top, mule kick the bottom.
Speaker 4: All right. Chris sent this word in Alex.
Speaker 7: Come on, funny guy.
Speaker 4: There's no way Kyle's still there. Kyle, don't you have to be somewhere.
Speaker 1: Don't you have to be somewhere?
Speaker 4: I mean, are you waiting? The bus is waiting for Kyle right now?
Speaker 1: All right, let's do this.
Speaker 4: Here we go, all right. Thumbs up, dumbs out?
Speaker 18: Doggie door talking toys, doggie door? What doggie door.
Speaker 13: Talking somewhere, chalking toy, doggye stalking toys, doggye door stocking short dog didn't get it?
Speaker 7: What Joe Bro shitting Joe Bro.
Speaker 4: Kyle, get on the bus.
Speaker 1: Kyle. You're holding everyone up today. Go I love you, jolly believe me.
Speaker 4: Everybody is being.
Speaker 1: Held up tonight. Fine, all right, Kyle, you've been released.
Speaker 4: Joe Brow.
Speaker 6: What was it?
Speaker 4: Doggy door?
Speaker 20: What now you gotta go walk out it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joe Brow the Winner, tickets, Gaslight Anthem, counting Crows July thirty, first, dude, great job today. All right, Holy Kyle, we're so late. Yeah, Joe Bro, You're awesome.
Speaker 4: Man, Thank you, Thank you. And The Rod Ryan Morning Show six at ten am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. I mean, listeners are stressed out over how late we are. Eric said, Dude, I'm worried, He goes, I'm vicariously, vicariously stressed out about how late the show is running.
Speaker 4: You don't even know. You don't gonna sit down with my boss later. He's got field day. Eric, You're invited to the meeting in my place today? Deadmine?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, come on, mostly claudy ten percent chance of rate windy today. Hi to eighty eight. Congrats to Joe Brow on winning. Read my lips today, Alex one final Toime, what are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: So the morning everyone.
Speaker 5: President Donald Trump announced a series of substantial tariffs on imported goods, marking a significant shift in US trade policy. These measures include a baseline ten percent tariff on nearly all imports, with higher rates for specific countries thirty four percent on Chinese goods, twenty percent on European Union products, and twenty five percent on all foreign made vehicles. President Trump described these tariffs as reciprocal, aiming to match what he perceives as unfair trade practices by other nations. The reaction from the stock market was immediate and not great, with Dow futures dropping over nine hundred and fifty points in after hours trading. The measles outbreak that spread from ten to New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Kansas, as well as several other states, is now up to over five hundred cases. Members of a Mennonite church who are at the epicenter are also linked to a spike in Mexico, and doctor Joseph Canty with the Texas Medical Association says that this proves how easily measles can be spread through unvaccinated populations. The World Health Organization is linking cases in Mexico to Texas, and there are at least sixteen measles cases in a Mennonite community which is above about five hours south of El Pasove. Vitamin A is being suggested by Secretary of Health and Human Services Robert F. Kennedy, but cannot prevent being infected by the virus. Are you stressed out, well, maybe you should start sleeping with a teddy bear. CNN talk to a bunch of experts who think more adults should be sleeping with stuffed animals. Most people tend to think of it as something that's just for kids, but they say grown ups can benefit from the same thing, and the same reason is that hugging something soft is just comforting. They say it can help you if you tend to lie in bed feeling stressed at night, and can help you sleep, especially if you start associating it with sleep. One expert said that it's a lot better than relying on sleeping pills or a glass of wine before bed.
Speaker 4: You did a pole on this. Today we're at one out of five adult. One in five people, twenty percent of.
Speaker 1: Our audience is an adult is sleeping with a stuffy.
Speaker 4: I would have never guessed it was one in five. It started out slow. It was it was a slow burn that somebody saw it.
Speaker 1: Hey, but me too. Not one person that emailed me, nor should you have to, should not, But not one person that emailed me that does sleep with the stuffed animals said, don't use my name.
Speaker 4: They're like, that's what I do. If it keeps you off of you do you?
Speaker 1: If it keeps you away from booze to help you sleep and sleeping pills, I am.
Speaker 2: All for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you do you. It gets you some stuffed animals, I'll get hill you stuffed animal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he needs a comfort animal right now.
Speaker 5: Ellen Pompeo says that she asked Terrors, we have to write a big check for the Children's hospital in Los Angeles when they met to film her Bad Blood video almost ten years ago, and that Taylor happily obliged without blinking an eye. Apparently, Taylor's a big Gray's Anatomy fan and even has a cat named Meredith Gray after Pompeo's character on the show. On yesterday's Jennifer Hudsons Show, Ellen shared a story about when she told Swift that there was an underfunded program at the hospital where music is made for babies in the nick You using voices of their parents. Pompeo said that she hadn't even met her known Taylor for more than twenty minutes when she asked her to write the check, but the Taylor immediately said yes.
Speaker 4: She was just such a big fan. She's like anything for you, Meredith Gray.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Keep in mind, Taylor's the one that's a fan of her, right. She apparently is crazy for Grey's anatomy. So she's like, yeah, here, I'll just open up my check book.
Speaker 1: What do you need.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you're a billionaire, and I mean she wasn't a billionaire then, but she was pretty well off.
Speaker 4: But yeah, if you're a big fan of anything, I'll help you out. It's a pretty good story. Yeah, I like you. Sorry today.
Speaker 5: Ozzy Osbourne isn't even dead yet, but his wife Sharon is already looking ahead to his hologram and possibly even an entire Black Sabbath Hologram show. Sharon says technology keeps moving on and on. You can do incredible things now, so what you can do in five years is going to be even better.
Speaker 4: You never know what the opportunities are.
Speaker 5: On a related related note, even though a lot of people blame her for freezing drummer Bill Ward out of the Last Sabbath reunion, Sharon says it's amazing to have him back for their final show in July and says I'm not going to BSU and say we're the best of friends.
Speaker 6: We're not.
Speaker 5: We are such different people. But I do respect Bill so much, and I'm happy that he has agreed to come for the band and for the fans. Those are Houston's headline.
Speaker 1: Okay, Rockets Larry HoTT locked in their playoff.
Speaker 4: I mean they're a lock right top six seed, guaranteed, we're going for the two seed.
Speaker 5: They did get a win last night, blowing out the Jazz one forty three to one oh five Outfreinching Dune had a triple double and Jail Green had twenty two points tonight to lead the team at scoring. It was their fiftieth win of the season. Right now that the two seed and the Western Conference playoff picture, with five games remaining in the regular season, I'll have a day off before playing the Thunder tomorrow night at Toyota Center. In baseball, Astros not doing as well. They lost the Giants yesterday six to three. They'll open up a three game series with the Twins this afternoon on the road. Hunter Brown will be on the mound for the show. Is going up against Minnesotas. Joe Ryan First pitches at three ten and you can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 4: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 3: It doesn't look like a phony headline. Somebody had just sent this to me and I don't know where it came from.
Speaker 4: It was a screen cap.
Speaker 3: Torpedo bats coming Astros next week. Not a bad idea, Torpedo bats.
Speaker 1: We're getting them.
Speaker 4: They should they should have been doing that.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well that's great news.
Speaker 19: Houston and The rod Ryan Morning Show six am, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. It's audio slave like a stone nine oh seven true back on track Alex. Yeah, he did it like we're back where we're where we need to be. That double overtime killer this morning on reading my lips. But Joe Brow was the winner. Joe Bro from Louisiana.
Speaker 1: He lives here now obviously, Yeah, but he's from the the Bro families, Lafayette, and his family's from a place called west we Go. West we Go, it's a sentence. That's the name of the on the West Bank, just outside of New Orleans. So great games today.
Speaker 4: It's been a rough week. You guys are making me work this week.
Speaker 1: Man, Come on, I didn't get in this.
Speaker 4: Hey, you get into this to work. It's been fun.
Speaker 1: It's been fun. It's National Burrito Day.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: I always got to keep you up on all that real important stuff.
Speaker 3: A dude in California named Dwayne Roberts invented the fro in burrito in nineteen fifty six.
Speaker 4: Beef and bean burrito. They used to deep.
Speaker 1: Frime at drive ins throughout America. Dwayne Roberts the frozen burrito. All right, National Burrito Day. So the fake news for the fake news on April Fool's Day was Reese's chocolate bread.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think you had talked about this. This is one of the ones where they got people. The chocolate bread sounded really really good. That was their April Fool's Day stunt. They have announced a new PB and J Peanut butter cup. I mean, peanut butter cups are the best. It's the best candy.
Speaker 1: PB and J. You need a little layer of jelly in there.
Speaker 7: I don't hate it.
Speaker 4: I don't hate it. Yeah, it's like a crustabull, but's just covered in chocolate. Do that and here it is. I finally have it for you.
Speaker 1: I'm we're probably the last people to post this, but on the food blog page, you can buy KFC toothpaste, a two point one ounce bottle available for thirteen dollars.
Speaker 4: I have the link up.
Speaker 1: They're calling it a full on flavor takeover of your oral care routine. If you want your toothpaste to taste like fried chicken. This is not an April Fool's Day joke. They're selling it. I've got the link up.
Speaker 3: The food blog page is actually packed with all kinds of things for you today. And yeah, even Radio Wizard said, yeah, we know that. On the music blog page, Godsmack lost a couple of band members, Shannon Larkin and their guitar player. They said that they don't want a tour anymore. That was the big story. Another band lost a couple of members. It is on the music blog page.
Speaker 4: It was up this morning. But Bad Wolves, I know, I don't know if did they already lose a singer too?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tommy Vex, Yeah, Chili loved that. Uch. Chili was definitely in the head that guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what was the word open cheeks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, his cheeks were open for Tommy Ve's for sure that should have been the word Tommy vex, you would have said open cheeks. You probably would have said that if I put those two things together on read my lips chili, yeah.
Speaker 20: I would have gotten it hot.
Speaker 4: Get out of here with.
Speaker 1: Your double overtime.
Speaker 4: Heyde no, no, hey, doing nothing.
Speaker 7: I didn't have my stress stuffy.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: Finally back on time over here, whiner, I got bald eagles for you on three things you must see today.
Speaker 1: A small little community near Minneapolis.
Speaker 3: This is so cool looking. There's nothing cooler than the bald eagle. To me, there's just nothing more majestic. I mean, I know people think like big cats and stuff like that. The bald eagle for me, is it? I don't know, just it's so cool. Dozens of bald eagles have invaded this small community near Minneapolis.
Speaker 1: Obviously, no one's complaining about it. Everyone thinks it's cool.
Speaker 3: State officials say the bald eagle numbers in general have been up in the past few years.
Speaker 1: But I got that, and then would you like an update? They have named the baby bald eagles for the live camera. We were just talking about the bald eagles. The mom and dad that are they've got those two. They started out his eggs and now they're little bald eagle babies in big Bear. Yes, big Bear, big bend, Big Bend is here.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: Elementary school students voted and say hello to Sonny and Gizmo. All right, I like that Sonny and Gizmo.
Speaker 4: I'll mess with them a great names.
Speaker 1: I don't know which one is which. They look the same to me.
Speaker 4: Oh you could tell, Oh, you can tell, Sonny. Sure, it's like that's that's the signing that I've ever seen one.
Speaker 1: I got tickets to go see Pierce the Veil.
Speaker 4: I'm there.
Speaker 1: I can't hear you.
Speaker 3: Tour Sleeping with Sirens and Beach Weather on this bill June twelfth at the Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 4: I'll take call her.
Speaker 1: Ten right now, seven one, three, two two five nine four five Come get them us Rock and Altar Ryan.
Speaker 6: Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 4: All right, welcome back everyboday. What are we offering up?
Speaker 1: Pierce the Veil tickets? Good morning, Rob Ryan's Show?
Speaker 4: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 7: Sup us up?
Speaker 1: Who's this? This is my key, Mike. I got some great tickets here. It's Pierced the Veil that I can't hear you tour June twelfth Woodlands.
Speaker 4: You want them absolutely be and my wife a love it.
Speaker 1: Look you and the wife are gonna have a great time, Mike. Congratulations.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you're collaring ten. You're the man.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, Holy cow?
Speaker 1: Where you from from?
Speaker 4: Connor's all right, daddy, Oh, have a great time at the show man. Thanks for listening. All right, love you? I love you mean it when I say it. Online it's flicks online the much All right, what you got over there?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Today's ay.
Speaker 5: Well, it's called odd man Out and you're gonna be given four pictures, words or groupings of things.
Speaker 4: You need to pick the one that doesn't belong. Oh this was that's a mystery que which one's doing their own ing? Yeah? Pretty, I'm just trying to find a good one. I was always doing my own thing.
Speaker 1: I was steel like. Yeah, I was the odd man out in it felt like I was doing my own thing.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go with.
Speaker 5: Vincent van Go, Leonardo da Vinci, Beethoven and Pablo Picasso, who doesn't belong to Beethoven.
Speaker 4: He's the musician out of those ois.
Speaker 1: But there was a musician and three traditional like painters exactly little.
Speaker 4: Things like that. So go check it out, see.
Speaker 5: Which one of the odd man out is and see if you can get them all the world finish ride, ride and showpage at the best dot Com.
Speaker 1: Okay, just taking a glance over here. It's a runaway. It's a runaway. Our Lady piece in first place. It would take a miracle, which I don't like to tempt you guys with those, boy but eight minutes and it's looking like our Lady Peace is going to be the winning song today on Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 22: First Saturday Saturday show, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ninety four or five The Buzz, that's new Rockin', Breakin Benjamin and Awaken, Good Morning Rod Ryan's Show. I think we laid up short. We got four minutes. We laid up short. Winning song on Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 3: I gotta go through the motions just because I don't watch you bitch it at me because you voted for something else that's not going to win winning song played at nine thirty.
Speaker 4: That's okay, I get this.
Speaker 3: Is all Like I got like twenty five things that I've highlighted, papers that I brought.
Speaker 4: In that I didn't get a chance to talk about yet.
Speaker 3: Ten percent chance of rain, mostly cloudy, windy today, highs of around eighty eight.
Speaker 6: Was it a good game?
Speaker 3: I mean, people would tell me they really really enjoyed reading my lips today, But those are the people that enjoy when I'm freaking out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I And that's happened a lot. That's happened a lot this week.
Speaker 3: And I'm glad that I amuse you when I'm freaking out and Jillie is not getting these overtime words and he's causing double and triple.
Speaker 1: Overtimes over here.
Speaker 4: I don't have time for that.
Speaker 1: But that's what happened again today. There was a double overtime and read my lips. When does that get?
Speaker 4: Podcast the show, the show after the show today?
Speaker 3: So you'll podcast the whole show and then you'll podcast breakout games and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, And then you got a new past the Gravy up, brand new Past Gravy.
Speaker 4: Go check it out. It's great. We talked about the best one hit Wonders, and we did a whole draft of it. Go Crazy.
Speaker 1: I read something this morning.
Speaker 3: I didn't know if we were gonna have time to get to it, but there's uh, there's a portion of Americans that say that they will never ever take food home from a restaurant when they don't finish their meal. Now, I understand if you have something you're you're doing the dinner and then you're going to a show or whatever.
Speaker 4: It's like, you know what, it's not a sting of the car's gonna sit in the car.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna be good. That drives me crazy. But if you're going home and you don't take food home, you're telling me I'm crazy. I was rich, I was married to a person that did this, did not like leftovers.
Speaker 5: Is there anything better than being like, oh, hell yeah, dude, I got leftover pee too from last night.
Speaker 4: Yes, even Thanksgiving. Oh that's my favorite. Like you're a weirdo. You're a weirdo if you don't like leftovers. And it's like, that's it. I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't be around you. Leftovers are so great and anything from a restaurant not having to.
Speaker 4: Worry about making some of your Oh I'm just gonna go eat up that thing, that's all. Yeah, it's the best.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My wife had Magiano's when I was out of town last week and.
Speaker 1: They still give you an extra entree when you order something.
Speaker 5: There's like there's something on the menu. It's like buy one, get one, and you gotta get home, like a spaghetti. But then they also give you a spaghetti to go. And she had done that and I was like, oh, hell yeah, and I just got like some pasta when I got home.
Speaker 1: I'll lead it cold, I'll lead it in the microwave.
Speaker 4: I'll eat it. I'm I'm telling you a little on the side while I heat it up. Oh yeah, I'm the same with the pizza. I eat a whole slice while I'm heating up the other slice that I'm going to eat.
Speaker 3: Have you ever maybe gone out and had a steak? Okay, didn't finish it, take it home in the morning, slice that sucker up.
Speaker 1: Put it in a pan. Scramble some eggs.
Speaker 4: Are you kidding me? They can egg It's the best that tastes of Texas. A couple of weeks ago with my family, it is absolutely anything can go. I can mix anything with eggs. I don't care what it. Eggs are pretty universal. I'm just throwing it with take anything.
Speaker 1: So we know it's expensive to go to restaurants these days.
Speaker 3: So it's completely understandable to ask for a to go box for crumbs at this point because it's so expensive, okay, to take anything.
Speaker 4: I'd like to keep that bread from earlier.
Speaker 3: Twelve percent of Americans say they don't take whom home food from a restaurant if they don't finish their meal, like they just twelve percent of people just won't. It really only comes down to just over fifty percent say they definitely will ask for a to go container.
Speaker 1: You know they got you got somewhat likely to ask and all of that stuff.
Speaker 3: It really is fifty one percent of people that say I am definitely asking for it to go container.
Speaker 1: I am definitely. I'm in that fifty one percent. I'm taking food home.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 5: And then do you ever do the like I feel like it's a fact I move where you're like, but like I do it all the time, where you hey, I'm gonna take this home to my my sister, can you I was gonna can I get a listen here in a suit ago And then you're like.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna eat this when I get home. But like the waiter now is like, well that guy, what a nice guy. He's getting something for a sibling.
Speaker 1: You know when you're that's good. But he knows the serial you know what they do.
Speaker 4: They do. But then like you feel like, look at me, I'm ordering for other people.
Speaker 1: The boss move of all and you're getting tipped af is if you bring it back and you say, you know what, I threw a couple of tortillas in there for you, or I put some fresh chips in there for you.
Speaker 4: Are you kidding? You just added to my to go and you just got me a little foil thing with and you gave me some chips that.
Speaker 1: Are worth three cents, but you you took the time to put those in there. Dude, I'm taking care, I'm putting I'm putting your kid to college with that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I'm coming back and asking specifically for you.
Speaker 1: It is the most boss move ever. It's like here, here it is, and I threw some fresh, fresh tortillas.
Speaker 4: In there, for god.
Speaker 1: It's the greatest thing ever.
Speaker 4: It's the greatest thing.
Speaker 1: It's like finding a twenty dollars bill floater on that drawer. It's as good it really is.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go, I'll give you the numbers. I'll run through the motions here.
Speaker 10: Do do.
Speaker 1: Ugly Kid Joe, listen, it wasn't their fault.
Speaker 4: Nirvana killed that band.
Speaker 1: They didn't deserve to go away with Warranton.
Speaker 4: They didn't do anything.
Speaker 1: They didn't do it.
Speaker 4: They didn't do what poison is doing. Timing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm telling you, Ugly Kid Joe got the shaft, and they got the shaft today six percent of the vote, American High five Flavor of the Week, seventeen percent of the vote, seventy.
Speaker 1: Five percent of the vote going with our lady peace.
Speaker 4: You got it right this week. Guys, mom, it's so bad Thursday, whatever the hell that is?
Speaker 1: Here's your throwback Thursday winner on ninety four five the.
Speaker 14: Bush Due You were ready, You're not like how long city?
Speaker 1: You break happy because you smile, But I'm I.
Speaker 10: Can't you break on their red boy rolling their red name ron.
Speaker 6: They just not good that that day.
Speaker 4: Now, lou halloo halloo.
Speaker 12: Now halloo out halloo out halloo.
Speaker 1: He lo lo lo lo alone a loud, a loud loud thinking, why.
Speaker 4: Still the say.
Speaker 19: What you say.
Speaker 4: About now?
Speaker 7: You are ried about your baith?
Speaker 14: Feel down in our bay?
Speaker 4: Feel happy or in love?
Speaker 6: Pleased?
Speaker 10: Want to hate on a marry girl? On the right ways with all the marriage that's not good enough.
Speaker 4: That day a loud and loud.
Speaker 12: And now loud and loud and loud and loud loud.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking why.
Speaker 12: And sat.
Speaker 17: I doesn't that anybody ever? Doesn't anybody ever?
Speaker 7: Doesn't anybody.
Speaker 12: The wib the subway, sadway that anybody?
Speaker 14: Then the world is sadway.
Speaker 6: Never and.
Speaker 1: Then the world is sadway.
Speaker 14: Sadway, the world the sadway, sadway.
Speaker 6: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, the bus lost.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's show, Oliver Tree, Our Lady Peace.
Speaker 1: Before that they're coming.
Speaker 4: To town, are they are?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That's what's up? Do I remember the Is that the Collective Soul show?
Speaker 6: It is?
Speaker 4: I think it's the Collective Soul show.
Speaker 1: That they're on.
Speaker 3: We Got We Got Our Lady Peace on August August fifteenth. Thank you, it's collective soul and.
Speaker 4: Who looking at it? Go ahead with collective soul? Yes, yeah, okay, just with collective soul. Very good putting that together.
Speaker 1: Good teamwork, buddy.
Speaker 4: Ah makes the dream work. Thank you, bro.
Speaker 3: Mostly claudy today, windy ten percent chance of rating high of eighty eight Little Warm, Little Warm. You said you were talking about Veille Kilmer on your Past the Grady Podcast.
Speaker 4: Yes, did everybody. I mean, like rob one of the best, like not leading man guys. They based just.
Speaker 1: Loves Robert Barbosa who works here. Bobby jokes, he doesn't seem quite as worldly.
Speaker 4: He's seen like six movies in his entire life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and one TV show, maybe two, a lot.
Speaker 4: Of TV shows, but just random ones. Did he know who Vel Kilmer was? I mean he didn't know was Darth Vader.
Speaker 3: He couldn't name any of the Beatles on your show, famous that he could not name one Beatle.
Speaker 5: Did he know who Vel Kilmer was? He thought it was Vader Star Wars, and we're like, no, it's not. Lord Bobby Tragger. He might have been trying to pull the wall over my eyes.
Speaker 4: He's a trickster.
Speaker 3: So I've told you that, by far and away, my favorite Vale Kilmer role was Doc Holliday and Tombstone. The best line from that movie. Doc Holliday's got tuberculosis.
Speaker 1: They call him the lunger. He's coughing up blood the whole time.
Speaker 3: And he's coughing up got blood on his rag and like one guy goes, dude, what are you doing out here? And he's like, well, why it IRPs my friend And the guy goes, hell, I got lots of friends, and Vell Kilmer goes, I don't.
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah, it's the most bro thing ever.
Speaker 3: It's the most I mean, I'm telling you, I shout in my living room when it's on. So apparently Val Kilmer and Kurt Russell really got along well of filming that movie because they played Doc Holliday and white Er.
Speaker 4: So Kurt Russell was.
Speaker 3: I'm some kind of maybe a podcast or something a while ago, and he said that they gave each other gifts after the film wrapped up. And by the way, those were their real mustaches in Tombstone. They wore those daily. They grew them out months beforehand. They everybody, Sam Elliott, everybody had cool mustaches on that. Kurt gave Vl Kilmer a burial plot in the Boothill Cemetery in Tombstone, Arizona.
Speaker 1: Gave him a burial plot as a gift.
Speaker 3: They enjoyed each other working together, and that's a famous resting place for a bunch of Old West figures. Val gave Kurt a plot of land that overlooked the cemetery.
Speaker 4: They gave each other. They gave each.
Speaker 1: Other gifts, and Kurt said, quote, Doc holiday was all about death? Why it was all about life? And I guess that pretty much says it all. But those guys really enjoyed working together. I wonder if that's common. I've never asked the I've never asked a celebrity. Did you gift anything to anybody on.
Speaker 4: This burial plot? To anybody? I mean, how how well did you guys get along? Gave each other real estate as gifts? Yeah, it's cool, I'll tell you. I wish my friends would give me real estate.
Speaker 1: No, the show's coming up.
Speaker 3: Tickets to Buzzfest Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion. That's what we're going to be offering up. That's our gift, our parting gift to you. Alex is going to ask a question know the show on the flip of this brake.
Speaker 19: Stay there, Houston, Houston's Sative and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. It's time for another show.
Speaker 4: That I flew by, man, Yeah, I did so, they flew by.
Speaker 1: I got tickets to join us if you want to come party with us at buzzfests.
Speaker 4: Oh that little thing, Yeah, yeah, that old thing.
Speaker 1: Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion.
Speaker 3: I got Chevelle, Marilyn Manson, Blue, October, Pod Evan's Blue, Stabbing, Westwards, Sleep Theory, and Monday on the show, we will announce how your local band can get involved with opening up for Buzzfest.
Speaker 4: Unless I do it when you're not doing it.
Speaker 1: We've already predetermined that you will not be.
Speaker 10: Yet.
Speaker 3: If you want to get up there and maybe introduce a few bands or something, that'd be great, but you performing.
Speaker 4: On stage, I've got a one man play.
Speaker 1: Unless you're singing. If you're singing an I know some people.
Speaker 4: I can talk to them. We'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now he wants to sing?
Speaker 4: One man play?
Speaker 1: What is your What is your question today? For Buzzfest tickets?
Speaker 4: What do one in five rod Ryan Show listeners sleep with it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, confirmed too? Those are the numbers seven one three two one two five nine four five If you know the show.
Speaker 6: Frock total ninety four five.
Speaker 4: Ninety four five The buzz that's the.
Speaker 1: Verve and bittersweet sympathy from their urban Hymns album that also contains the track Lucky Man, and that is even a better soul than Bittersweet Sympathy, although that's the bigger one. That was Cruel Intentions, I believe was the closing credit song.
Speaker 4: I think so of that movie.
Speaker 1: That was something back when I you know, back when I thought I would be fun to do podcasts. Yeah, that was one of the really good discussions. We had, one of the best, like closing.
Speaker 4: Songs and movies and it's all you forget about me? Yeah, I mean that's the that's the.
Speaker 3: Go to right there, Like that's why everybody remembers, you know, simple Minds that song at the end when Bender is walking he puts his hand in there.
Speaker 1: It's like, God, I mean, these are a better song.
Speaker 4: I won't forget about you, guys.
Speaker 1: There were better songs, but yeah, that that song right there will forever be kind of linked to that movie Cool Intentions.
Speaker 3: Uh, throw it back Thursday coming to an end, guys. Yeah, one last thing for you though, I want to get you in the buzz fest.
Speaker 11: Is now time for you know this show on ninety four to.
Speaker 4: Five, The l La la la la La La La La La La la la la la la la.
Speaker 3: So we got that other white Rodney, and then there's another Rodney that listens that calls in from time to time.
Speaker 1: I think there's this Rodney Spangler.
Speaker 4: Am I right, Yes, sir, that's me. But you should be the host of a.
Speaker 1: Daredevil show, Rodney.
Speaker 3: Rodney Spangler, tune in because at ten o'clock today he's gonna be shot from a cannon over some sharks into barbed wire.
Speaker 1: Rodney Spangler, he's that dare. Yeah, you should be hosting a thrill show or something. Rodney Spangler. You sound like a daredevil. I'd be happy to come hang out with y'all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what we do for fun.
Speaker 3: You at ten o'clock, Chilie shoots me out of a cannon. Let's get you some tickets into Buzzfest, Alex. What's your question for Rodney Spangler?
Speaker 5: Rodney, what do we learn that one in five rod Ryan Show listeners sleep with it.
Speaker 4: Night today stuffed animals or a stuffy stuffies. Yes, yes, and uh I'm okay with it.
Speaker 3: I'm actually oddly good with it if it's going to keep you away from doing other things to make yourself fall asleep, like pills or alcohol.
Speaker 1: Man, if the stuffed animal.
Speaker 3: Helps do it, Rodney, Rodney Spangler, you just cannonballed your way into busbst dude.
Speaker 1: Congratulations. Yeah, I'm a huge stabbing Westward fan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good dude.
Speaker 1: That was the last band that was added.
Speaker 3: We will be adding another band and it will be a local band and I guess information is coming on Monday on that. But yeah, Buzzfest Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 4: Dude, you're in rod now, sure, thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Ah my man, I have a great day. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's perfect.
Speaker 1: I guess it's because people are stressed out. It's the pressures of life. And uh, when it all shook down, it was yeah, twenty percent of our audience.
Speaker 4: Let me just make sure that that number was updated.
Speaker 5: Dude, do do.
Speaker 2: Do do doo.
Speaker 3: It was twenty point five percent of our audience. Very good, All right, guys, Well, thank you for always interacting with us.
Speaker 1: Appreciate all the votes. You did it right today, guys that our lady Peace sounded good on the air. Man, ummm I thought I had.
Speaker 4: A sheet here? Did I move her?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: Fresh out of bed? Head to head.
Speaker 1: Josh is done. He's a one and done. Old Greg took out the former fresh fish Josh. Josh just became a one pump chump. Joe Brow was our winner today, read my lips he was.
Speaker 4: He was awesome. I hate that double lot not it's on meeting day too.
Speaker 3: You guys always pull your shenanigans on meeting day and it makes the meetings longer.
Speaker 4: With the Wizard, that's true. I haven't heard from him today. We're doing a meaning maybe I got something I don't think.
Speaker 1: I gotta do here late.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're a busy slate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta work all day here. Thank you for the TVT votes, the read my lips words that you submitted. Great. I thinks Joe did a great job.
Speaker 4: Didn't let the kids down.
Speaker 1: His kids were listening to him play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had a lot of pressure. All right, tomorrow's free beer Friday. Plus we'll have open phones worked in there for the last hour. Jeremy's up next. He's got the NonStop noonor pick your tickets with him on the one o'clock hour. Brand new episode of Has the Gravy is out wherever you get your podcast, but I see it sitting right there on links and guests.
Speaker 4: Good wine if I do say so myself.
Speaker 3: Okay, I can't wait to check that out. Guys, have an awesome, awesome throwback Thursday. We're on a twenty hour break AMF.
Speaker 6: Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 11: If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.