Speaker 1: You're listening in Big for Society, and I'm Jeremiah Byron. Tonight's account is from two physicians that are also amateur Bigfoot researchers. You'll hear about how they went deep into the California wilderness, what they've found there, and also what happened when they went up to eastern Washington. What happened there wasn't just weird, as you'll soon hear. This is a story of Curtis and David, the doctors who came back believers. So stay with us, all right, big the Society. You've got the privilege of talking to Curtis and David today. They are both physicians and also both friends, and they've come on the show to share some interesting Bigfoot related experiences they've had in the last few years. So, gentlemen, welcome to the show. How's it going today, and great, thanks for having us. Jeremiah, nice to meet you, get to talk to you, Jeremiah, absolutely, And just so that our listeners can associate the different voices, Curtis, how.
Speaker 2: Are you doing today?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great, perfect, And David yourself doing good, awesome, very good, very good. Well, guys, we were just talking a little bit beforehand, and it sounds like you have actually kind of prepared a way to present this, so you know, what I feel might be good is I'm going to hand it over to you guys. You can present your experiences and then maybe we'll chat a bit about it and I might have some questions for you afterwards.
Speaker 3: Perfect.
Speaker 4: Thanks. So I'm Curtis again for those out there, and just a quick little introduction. And David and I have been friends since I was trying to think the other day. I think he was eight and I was ten or now, both in our early sixties, so we've been friends for over fifty years. Probably during the summers between when I was ten at eighteen, we probably spent every day together at each other's houses. We went on vacations with each other's families. I think David considers considered my mom his second mom, and I considered his mom my second mom. So we're kind of brothers slash friends and have been so for so long. Once we became doctors and had young families, we kind of drifted apart, partly because our work schedule, family schedule, and I lived in a different state. But we, you know, get back together every few years. And we were the kind of friends that, you know, we might not have seen each other for a couple of years, but when we got back together, it was like no time had we been apart. In the last few years, our careers have kind of stabilized, we were both established, our kids have grown up, and we started maybe ten years ago, getting back together every year or so to go on a guy's trip. And so our friendship has rekindled and gotten even better over the last ten years or so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been. I mean we've been best friends since we were you know, so young and stuff and always considered i mean new roommates from college, actually went to the same medical school together and were you know, always considered him, you know, my best friend through life. So it's been it's been great. And so when Curtis, you know, I called him up one time and said, hey, let's get together and let's go do something.
Speaker 4: And so I knew David had an interest in bigfoot. He growing up, he was very interested in a Native American lore, probably read a book a week on Native American history, and I knew he had an interest in bigfoot. I probably did not have much of an interest in bigfoot, and then of course, finding Biggerfoot came out, and that made me even much more of a skeptic. But about three and a half years ago, my wife and I had the opportunity to go to Napaul and we were hiking towards Evers base camp and our guide was a Buddhist monk and he asked us if we wanted to go see a Buddhist ceremony and just to you know, show interest in the local culture. We said yes, and we went to this ceremony and it was you know, obviously we didn't understand a single word, but it was still very amazing. And afterwards we were drinking tea and he asked us if we wanted to see something special, and he took us over to the back of the temple and there was a box that kind of looked like a about the size of a fire extinguisher box that you might inset in the wall or something, and it was about that big, kind of just hanging on a big pole, and it was locked up, and he unlocked the case and open it up and there was a skull and a hand of a yeti, and he gave us a little bit of the background, and you know, by his story, the Yeti had helped the original Buddhist monk there like three or four hundred years ago to build that temple, and then when the Yeddi died, they took his bones and kept it inside the temple. And the skull was probably maybe fifty percent bigger than a human skull. It still had a scalp on, it still had some short brown hair about an inch long. And then the hand is what really caught my attention. I'm an orthopedic surgeon, so I know hand anatomy pretty well, and the hand looked just like a human hand. It did not look like an ape's hand, but it was about twice as big as the typical human hand. I couldn't touch this, it was behind glass, but I was looking at it from six inches away, and so my interest suddenly peaked. And when day Would called in January of twenty twenty two and said, what are we going to do for our guys trip this year, I said, why don't we go see if we can find Bigfoot. So that's kind of how we got started.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my interest in Bigfoot, you know, been you know a little more purises. But like I said, I was Native American history was what I was interested. I was the Indian when you played cowboys and Indians read a lot of history with that. I knew that Native Americans had different names for for Bigfoot, you know, like Sasquatch, Harry Mann, you know, wild wild Man or you know, great brother. They. I had seen pictures of their kith marketings and things they've done. I saw the Patterson Gimblin film, you know, saw the shows like you know most everyone else, you know, finding big Foot now big Foot, that condition and things like that. I had heard of Teddy Rose Roosevelt's story that you had written in his book before he was president of the you know, the trappers. One of them got killed in the camp, you know, by a big foot and it felt footprints and things like that back in eighteen hundreds. So it's always been out there for me. And so Curtis came over for my fiftieth birthday. You found a bunch of bigfoot stuff on my DVR and really didn't. That's when we first realized we both had a little interest, you know, with so we said, well, let's go, let's we'll find Bigfoot down in twenty two. I said, well, I'll start doing some research on it, and I went to the BFRO and found it was looking over California. After we start local, I mean, we're definitely rookies. But most of this was just a you know, hey, we're going to get together. You have my best friend and I'm going to go backpacking and camping and spend some time together. But in the mean time, Neil, we'll say, what hey, we're going to go look for bigwood. So bfros Side looked up in the Siskiu, you know Siski area, which is up in the north west California, same area where Bluff Creek was Willow Creek and all that, and with the history of all that, and with it showing the most A type sidings in California, they said, hey, let's book there. And I started looking on you know, mapp being and trails and you know camp you know, interesting areas, and I always wanted to find places with you know, with water and out as far away from everybody as we could. So I found this on the Smith River. It's called a Kelsey Trail, and I said, hey, that's where we're going to go. So that's how we decided on the first spot. And so we go driving out there, and it's probably twenty five miles east of Crescent City, and then you go six miles out on a dirt road and end up at the trail head, and then you back back in about six miles where we ended up at our base camp at that time.
Speaker 4: And around the base camp we spent the first three or four days hiking all around. We went up and down. We had camp right by this creek. We went up and down the creek, we went clear to the Smith River, went off trail, and yeah, all sorts of places, and didn't really find a whole lot. And then David had been looking about our third or fourth day at his maps, and he realized that that even though there was only one way in and one way out on this South Kelsey trail, that a branch of it had crossed the creek and we hadn't been up that way, and so he suggested, you know, since we hadn't really found much in the first three or four days, and we weren't unhappy by any means. I mean, like David said, this was called a bigfoot finding trip, but really we fully expected just to go backpacking and you know, camping our best buddy. But Anyway, he found a branch of the trail had crossed the creek, and so we decided to do that about like I said, our fourth or fifth day, and that's when we started finding some interesting things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the trail was heading more into the wilderness area from where our base camp is. When we first got there, like you said, there's only one trail in, so we set up game cameras you know, at the on the trail. At the we knew who was coming in or what was coming in there. So we the whole time we were there, we only met one guy came in on one day. We talked to him. He was coming in able. We met him when he was coming in for one night and we talked to him and he went out, so we knew when he was there and we knew when he left. But we went up so we was crossed this creek. We're hiking probably two more miles into the wilderness direction, and we're trying to be really observant to require were you know, thing smelling, you know, walking and looking for things, and we start finding things on that other side. When the first ding it hers found there's like twelve foot high big branch that was broken and bent down towards the trail of ninety degrees. Then they got a picture of that and he's trying to reach up and it's you know, it's really high. And now that's strange, Well, how did that happen when there's nothing on the ground that fell on it or broken. The branches above it are intact and the branches below it are intact. And was feeling like, well, what broke that, you know, we don't know, could have been anything, but we couldn't give an answer to that what we were finding in the area. So we keep going on and we found a rather the strangest thing I found was that this tall, big tree. It was probably about you know, on the five inches diameter, Kurt, would you say, And it was.
Speaker 4: Five or six inches diameter, yeah.
Speaker 3: But it's probably like thirty or forty feet long, and his point uphill. But the bottom of that was like about five feet in the air wrapped it was wrapped with these other trees, and it was they were twisted around it and holding it up in the air about five feet off the ground. And we look around and we're looking for spunks and where the hector this thing come from? And how's it being suspended in the air about five feet and how would that happen naturally? You know, but it was definitely this. We had a picture of the branches being wrapped around it and holding it up in the air. We didn't figure out where it came from. We didn't figure out the spunk we knew was pointed up there. There was a game trail going right by it, so that was really strange when we first found that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the wrapping did not look like a vine had grown around the tree. It looked, you know, you could tell that the vine or branches were twisted to hold the tree up. And you know, a thirty foot tree that's five or six inches in diameter, I mean probably is two hundred pounds or more. I mean, could a human have done that, sure, But it was just sort of our first besides any tree breaks, our first you know, unusual finding. And we kind of went deeper into the into the forest and this was all off the trail. So we took that trail, like David said, about two miles from our base camp. But then we went off onto a game trail and started finding these things. I think the next thing we found we found two trees probably I don't know, fifty yards apart that had branches laid up against them. And these branches were not from the tree itself. You could tell one of them was like from a man's anita bush or something. It was completely red and the tree was, you know, nothing like that. And they were just leaning up against a tree, kind of like a lean to and they weren't really big enough to have anything sleep under it. But it was just kind of a weird finding and and sort of even before before going on this trip, and since we've seen other people who've shown videos of that, and I think it's even been in expedition Bigfoot. So we found a couple of trees with leaning branches. And then our next finding, there's probably about one hundred yards away from that, and again we're off trail in the middle of the wilderness. We came upon this dwelling, this primitive shelter that looked just like an igloo. It was probably five feet tall four feet tall, about six to eight feet wide, maybe eight feet long, kind of about the size of a three person backpacking tent, and it had an opening at one end and none of the branches had been cut by a saw or an axe, and they were all woven together. So this you took definitely took hands to make. Yeah, they weren't just leaning against something like a lean to. They were woven to give strength and stability. So we started thinking, you know, our first thought was as doctors, we always like to rule things in and rule things out. Our first thought was, you know, someone's been staying here, some person. But then we started looking for signs of humans being there. We looked inside and there was no bedroll or anything. Whatever had slept there had slept right on the twigs and branches and pine needles right on the ground. You could see a depression in there. And then we started looking for a fire pit, because most humans when they're camping, we're going to have a fire pit, if not for heat, at least for you know, comfort, something to watch it, companionship, whatever. And there was no fire pit. And then yeah, I think David came up with the idea, hey, there's got to be tracks around here, somewhere, and we started looking because even the cleanest humans are going to leave some evidence that they were there. And there were no wrappers or twin or plastic or pop tops or anything. There was no trash whatsoever. And then we kind of expanded our search and we probably got forty or fifty feet away and we saw sort of circumferentsial around the whole dwelling, six or eight piles of scat. And these piles of scat looked, you know, that it was shaped like a like human scat would be, but it was probably twice the diameter and probably two to three times the volume that a human would make. And these were placed all around the camp, maybe every thirty or forty feet, And at first we thought it was just sort of random. But someone has you know, since the adjusted to us that maybe whatever lived there was using it as a as a boundary marker. And I don't know, have you do you know who Beans Baxter is in Alaska? I don't know if you know him. Yeah, absolutely, he happened to hear about our story and he sent me a video of some scat he found in Alaska and it looked exactly like that, and he thinks that that scat is from an Alaska Bigfoot. The other interesting thing about the scat is that there was no toilet paper and no moths, no leaves, nothing was used to to clean whatever did the scat. So here we find this dwelling, this iglo like permanent primitive shelter with scat all around it, with no other signs of humans have ever been there. So you know, that was just a crazy finding that we found.
Speaker 3: But our way out, so yeah, we we spend quite a bit of time there with that one. So on the way out, another thing we found on was the wallet. And I've seen, you know a lot of these things. You don't like, you say, we're rookies at it, but we see these things and we've never heard of those things being happened in another Bigfoot you know, information or videos or whatever. But then we start, once we start seeing these things, then we start seeing others. Hey, we saw that, that's what you know, That's what it was. When we sucked. You know, there was this horizontal suspended tree that you know, it was a horizontal tree that was weaved between in a tree and it was perfectly horizontal and it was like probably what'll you say, for twenty feet long, Yeah, just perfectly weave between the branch. I go, how does something naturally get that perfectly lead between these three and just fall on, you know, in there like that, and we can figure it out. You got a picture this thing out there.
Speaker 4: So that was a second tree that was off the ground. Yeah, all on the same side of the creek.
Speaker 3: So and I saw another one that I saw another video since then I saw it that it was a bigger tree that was horizontal like that, and I go, that almost looks exactly like our tree, just bigger, you know. So that was interesting. But as we're walking, we were walking out, you know, from there, we noticed you I've always been here some tracking and things like that. And I read a lot of Tom Brown Junior's books and learning tracking and part of the observation of nature was looking through things and looking at the open spaces between things, and so I try to do that. And I noticed this area of wetness about thirty yards off the trail as we were heading out, when I told herds, I'm always looking for track traps and things like that, and I go, hey, there's some wet over there. Let's go over there and see what we can see and expecting like the tracks of something, you know, a lither deier or whatever's in the area doing it. So we go. But it's about thirty years there's there's bushes in between us, and we have to work our way through it. We get over there and there's probably a there's a It wasn't like a river or a creek or anything going. There's just as wetness of area, probably about forty by fifteen feet or something like a pool size area of marsh. They have water and we give about you know, probably only three or four inches deep in there. And you get over there and we you don't have to walk through it. I mean you go ten feet to the left and we actually walked around it to get the other side, or you go ten feet to the other side and walk on dry land. We get over there and we walk around. We look in there and here we find three footprint. There are steps of tracks of something walking. There's three of them. There's first one in the right at the edge, or the second one like about you know, a foot or two later, and then the third one it is like it's really literally four feet further in steps into right in the middle of the marshy area. And then there was not another one leaving. It was about four feet out. So whatever had walked on there had made you know, two initial steps and then a big step and then another step out and we were pretty amazed at that. We're going, hey, these are actual footprints. We took pictures compared to ours, and we were again rookies and didn't gray a measuring tape, but we compared our foot size to that, and it was about twice a week to you know, Curtis's foot and we were both wearing size thirteens, and so there's our shoes are about thirteen inches and it's about three inches longer. So it was pretty close to about sixteen inches you know, long and about six you know, six inches wide, so as what we thought. And but the interesting thing is it's not we're trying to say, okay, did someone come walking through there? And I'm like, why would a human being walk through here when you can go ten feet to the right, Why would you get your boots all due like that? And we're trying to say, well, how can you make a step that's four feet and you know, the four foot step straight? And I go, there's no, there's no slippage. There's no someone's not running, because if you run and land step in mud, you're gonna there's gonna be some slippage. Of stuff. It was just like normal, just steps in there. And the crazy thing was about that is we went back because now we're really interested and we're you know, say, hey, we found something in here, you know. And we went back the next day to go look at it again, and that third one in the middle of the marsh was had disappear then it was gone to the picture. Well, that's the interesting So what that tells me was that whatever had walked there had there within twenty four hours of the time that we've been there. Otherwise that step would have been gone so fairly recently done. So that was pretty exciting for us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so something something with sixteen inch feet and you know, David and I, like you said, our shoes are thirteen inches, took three steps to get across a fifteen foot marsh. And like David said, the one that was in the water was gone the next day. So we went back there the next day to look at that. We found that, and we kind of just set and listened for a long time just to see what we could hear, and we really didn't hear much, but something caught my eye just across from the marsh on the other side of the trail, probably oh four feet off the trail. Hit four feet or five feet off the trail, and it was right under the canopy of a big redwood tree, and it was it looked like a broken tree, and so I started thinking, well, you know, while we're just listening, I wondered, is this a tree break that could be a sign as to wear it across the trail. You know, my mind's kind of thinking all sorts of things. But then I was looking at it closer from afar, and it didn't widen out at the base like a tree wood. So I then remembered some videos where people have shown things with sticks or logs or even trees being upturned and jammed into the ground. So once we were done listening, I decided to walk over to this thing and see if it was a tree. And the other thing that caught my attention when we'd been just sitting there listening was it was under the canopy of a redwood tree, and not much grows under the canopy of a redwood tree because there's no light, the pine needles, all that stuff. And so I walked over to this thing and looked at it, and it did look like a big stick that had been jammed into the ground. It was probably four or five inches in diame ameter and sticking up about three or three and a half foot, and the part that was sticking out was clearly broken. And so I started looking up into the redwood tree, and clearly it did not come from the redwood tree, because it was not the same type of tree. And then we looked at other trees to see if there was a branch that had broken or a tree stump that, you know, this could be a source of and there was nothing around it. So it really looked like something that had been jammed into the ground. And so I started wiggling, and sure enough I was able to pull it out and both ends were sharp, and so something had caused this big limb or branch or even tree to break in two different places and then jammed one of it clear into the ground. And you know, if a human had done that, they would have had to have done it when it was muddy, or the other way we could have done it is to pound on one end with a mallet or something. And the end that was sticking out of the ground was sharp. Nothing had pounded on it. So here right across from where David had found these three steps, and then the fourth step would have been onto the trail was this log, if you would, that had been jammed into the ground. And so that was kind of another little crazy finding. That was sort of our last day, last full day there. We went back to camp. The night was pretty quiet. The next morning we had to get up and start heading home, so we both woke up about six am because we had about a three and a half hour hike out and then had a ten or twelve hour drive to get back home. And we woke up at six and I kind of went to our little area we had set up to cook food in under the canopy of a different redwood tree, and I wanted to start some coffee, so I poured some water into a pot, and all of a sudden, a pine cone lands by one of my feet. Well, I didn't think much of it because I'm under a redwood tree. So I filled the water and put it on the little camp stove and lit the fire. And as soon as I lit the fire, another pine cone landed by my other foot, and David is standing probably ten feet away from me, still under the tree, and we both kind of look up thinking well that's you know, coincidence. Two pine cones fall and almost hit me after, you know, within five ten seconds of each other. Well, we still didn't see anything, you know, none of the branches were moving, We couldn't see a squirrel, there was no wind, and so I went over and set in my little camp chair, which was probably ten feet away from that, just let the water boil. And as soon as I sat down, two more pine cones landed by my feet. So, you know, I look up and David is standing in the same place he had been, and he looks up and can't really see much, so he backs out from under the tree just to get a better look.
Speaker 3: Well, and then first the first two I didn't think anything of it, but then when the other two almost hit him sitting in his chair, I was like, what the heck's going on? So I backed out about twenty to get out from underneath the canopy. You know, it's trying to look up in the tree and I was out in open air. There was nothing above me, and I'm looking up and all of a sudden, the pine cone lands by my foot, and then another pine cone lands by my foot, and then another one, and we had the crazy thing about these where that it was like this was all within like a minute of time. It was not like spread out over time with it. As soon as I started hitting by my foot, both of us stood up at the same you know, I was already standing, but we both turned and looked up a ridge. Our camp was surrounded on two sides by water, and we there was a trail that came in from the side that we would walk in and we could see down there. But both of us stood up and at the same time turned and looked up this ridge that was behind our camp, almost like we were feeling that that's where it was coming from. We couldn't see anything by coming down there. As soon as we turned and looked, we had stopped. We didn't get any more pine cones over there. We started looking at those things, and about three of them were green pine cones, and I was like, how the heck does green pine cones fall out of a tree? I mean, I think someone had to pull those off, you know, in order for that to happen, because there was dead silent, there was no wind or anything. And looking around for squirrels, I had seen a squirrel about fifty feet down the trail in the tree, but nothing up in the tree that was above Curtis from where he was, and so at that point we were like, Okay, someone is throwing pine cones at us, and we're trying to figure this out. What's going on. We're six miles at six thirty in the morning, and for someone to walk in six miles, they'd have to get up, but you know, started two, you know, at two in the morning to get there to throw pine cones and then leave. But we had game cameras around the interest to our camp and there's no nothing was on it. So we started were that was kind of a strange, you know, really strange event for us and stuff, and we're thinking, who's who's throwing that? But we pack up. We were leaving that day any length, and we pack up and we started hacking out. We don't see anyone until we get about four miles back towards our truck and we ran into someone. But at that point, but they were not camping. They were hiking in at that point and they were scouty to try to look for a place for the next following weekend that they were coming up. But uh, there was no one else around there and so we we really had no answer as something had to be pulling pine green pine cones off the trees and throwing it at us.
Speaker 4: And so this was our California experience in two. We never saw Bigfoot, we never heard Bigfoot, but we had a lot of strange experiences that you know, as physicians, like I said, we like David and I every day what we do is we listen to people, we look at data, we form a conclusion and form a treatment plan based on that. We don't have any explanation for most of these things, you know, being from a human source. So although we didn't see Bigfoot or or hear any vocalizations, and again we made a rookie mistake we didn't take any recorders this time, so when we were sleep we really don't know what happened. But we were in the middle of nowhere. When we were in the wilderness, we were eight miles from the trail head, and like David said, we had had trail cams up on the trails. No one else except that one guy had come in during the whole week and he left the next day. And then those two people we met hiking out had never even gotten back to where we were so as to our the best of our knowledge, there were no other people in the forest for most of that week.
Speaker 1: This is some really interesting stuff. I think it might be good to take a few minutes to chat about this one, just so that people are able to remember it before we head on to the next one. There's some questions that I have. So the area where it looked like something was laying down, did you get an idea.
Speaker 2: For how long that area might have been on the ground.
Speaker 4: So David, you know, looked at the scat and he studied tracking. He estimated that the scat was probably one to two weeks old based on how it looked. It was drying out, it wasn't where It also wasn't crumbly, so you know, there was definitely an impression on the ground that something had been there. You know, I guess by having six or eight piles of scat around, they had been there for more than one night. Whatever was was living there. So you know, David's estimation on how old the scat was was probably one to two weeks. So we think that something had been staying there, you know, as no longer than a week or two before, and definitely there was an indentation there, so I couldn't tell you how long something had slept there, but with six or eight piles of scat, if it's coming, it looked like one thing, one animal was inside that igloo. I guess there could have been two, but it looked like one indentation in the ground. So however long it takes something to uh make six or eight piles of scat, I guess, gotcha.
Speaker 1: And maybe to ask a different way as well, would you say that by the size of that indentation, it looked like there could have been something that was maybe you know, if it was laying down, maybe like six feet tall or eight feet tall or anything like that. From when you looked at it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say at least six feet tall and probably longer.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I would say the length of the thing was eight to ten feet with an opening at the one end, and the thing took up most of the you know, front to back area, So I would say somewhere between six and eight feet. Is that what you would say, Davin, give or take?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm thinking that, you know, in that range, And definitely it was you know weed, non cut branches. We make the thing.
Speaker 4: The other thing. You know, Well, Tuck when we get to Washington can talk about what makes a sixteen inch footprint. But a sixteen inch footprint in a human would essentially be about seven feet tall in a human, So that sort of gives you an idea. David's six' flour and his foot's eleven and a half into is. Law so if something had a sixteen inch, footprint it was probably at, least you, know if you use human, measurements at least seven feet.
Speaker 1: Tall, Okay, david do you, remember you, know let's, say talking about the, scat were you able to see anything in, it like evidence.
Speaker 2: Of what it may have, eaten whatever it.
Speaker 3: Was that left it. THERE i didn't, see Like i'm looking for berries and things like. THAT i didn't see any of, that and everything seemed pretty didn't By. Jeff so they didn't see, hair you, know in, there and it was kind of the bigger THINGS i was looking, for you. Know with, that.
Speaker 4: And interesting, ENOUGH i had spoken about Beans baxter the video he sent. Me they couldn't really tell what that animal had eaten, Either so, yeah we didn't couldn't find specifically what it had. Eaten BUT i tell you it was huge it. Was it was if you put all of your fingers together and looked at the, tips that was probably half the diameter of how big this scat. Was it was probably probably two or three inches in, diameter and LIKE i, said probably two to three times as long as what a human would typically.
Speaker 2: Make AND i don't think that we had talked about.
Speaker 1: This was it laid out in a certain like was it in a straight line or in a pile or anything like.
Speaker 4: That each one was kind of in a, pile almost like a you, know not to get, gross but like a soft served ice, cream you, know kind of coiled a little bit and then then some more. Straight but but it was kind of in a. Pile and, yeah and it. Was it was. Weird the person that talked to us about being a, mark you, know a boundary. Marker that probably makes more more sense just by how uniform they were around the. Structure, yeah you, know at FIRST i thought it was just random that that you, know whatever had woken up in the middle of the night and had to, go or in the morning and had to go just decided to go right or. Left but someone talked about the boundary marker and that that makes more sense because they were probably, all, OH i don't, know thirty or forty feet, apart so you, know if you just took from the center of the igloo and drew a, circle they were all sort of right on that forty or so boundary of that.
Speaker 2: Circle, mhm that's that's that's extremely.
Speaker 1: Interesting it sounded like there were OR i Guess i'll ask it this, way what was this sound.
Speaker 2: Like in the area of that you, know that, uh.
Speaker 1: That, structure and where the regular sounds of the forest or what did you guys experience in that?
Speaker 3: WAY i didn't hear much of anything in that. Area it didn't seem many different than the other places that we were walking, though as far as you, KNOW i don't recall, saying, Hey i'm not hearing any birds or you, know or anything like. That so it didn't seem that that structure area didn't seem anything different than some of the other areas that we were.
Speaker 4: Walking to, me that next, day AS i, said we kind of went out there and. Listened david actually had some sound amplification headphones and we both had them on and we were. Listening you could hear for us sounds we couldn't really tell the direction because with those sound amplification, headphones they just amplify the. Sound it's not like you're regular here where you know this is off to.
Speaker 3: Your right or.
Speaker 4: Left but we did hear some things moving in the, forest we just couldn't tell how, close or bipedal or a, Deer so there was some movement. Around but Like david, SAID i DON'T i agree with. Him when we were around that, STRUCTURE i don't remember hearing birds or anything.
Speaker 1: Different you, know let's say an individual has a way of leaving a trackway or set of. Tracks you, know humans leave their tracks a certain, way or bunny rabbit leaves tracks a certain. Way was there anything that you know just about when you you found these tracks where they laid out in a certain.
Speaker 3: Way they were there was in a straight it was in a, line but they weren't the First the first, Track i'd, say was you, know so where you put that first footprint. Down the next one was slightly to the to the right of, it and then the next one was in. Line you, know IF i was a jewer line between the all the, tracks it was definitely heading across just directly across this march area in a in a straight, line but they were not like you, know where one putting a flipprint right in front of the other or. Not it was SLIGHTLY i would like you can look at the. Figure probably, no you say a foot to the, right you, know the right foot was foot to the right or the left flip on that, one and then the next one was straight in line with the left. Flip, yeah and they it looked by.
Speaker 4: Pedal it looked Like david, said left, right. Left it did not look like a double step of a four legged animal like a. BEAR i, mean bear would probably be the only other, alternative but then, again and not a lot of bears have a four foot step length. Either and it didn't look like if this was going to be a, bear it would have had to have double stepped perfectly three different. Times it really looked the shape of a human. Foot in other, words the heel was not quite as wide as the, forefoot and it definitely looked to us at least as being.
Speaker 1: Bipedal, gotcha what was the month, again you guys were up there In.
Speaker 3: California it was the last week Of.
Speaker 1: August, okay so that takes the Whole it was not a bear just coming out of.
Speaker 2: Hibernation that was leaving those scat piles In.
Speaker 3: August, no and we were trying to and you know when we decided when the g, OH i was, LIKE i want to go before honey season. Starts so that's why we normally chose that.
Speaker 1: Time gotcha last question about The california. Trip was there at any point where you felt any anything out of the ordinary, physically anything affected you in any way when you were in that.
Speaker 3: Area, NO i. DIDN'T i never felt anything like, that AND i never smelled anything like the bad odors or anything like.
Speaker 4: That AND i would say the, SAME i didn't really feel. Anything you, know people have asked, us you know when the pine cones were, coming did we have a weird feeling And David david's description of us both turning and looking. UP i think we quickly process to gain the information to decide that the only place that could have been coming from was the. Ridge it wasn't like we felt an uneasy feeling that something was on the ridge behind us looking at. Us we just quickly processed we were surrounded on a couple sides by a. Creek the trail was on the other. Side there was the only place those pine cones could have come from if they didn't fall out of the tree above, us and you, know clearly With david twenty feet, away they couldn't have fallen out of a. Tree we just quickly felt that after processing that, information that that's where they had to come. From and you, know coincidence or. Not as soon as we both looked up the, ridge and this was a, ridge it was probably forty feet tall right behind our. Camp as soon as we looked, up the pine cones. Stopped so that was either coincidence or or something didn't want us seeing them throw pine cones at.
Speaker 1: Us that's one of those that whole. EXPERIENCE i, Think i'm trying to put myself in your guys' shoes and it would be just enough THAT i would be, like, yeah gotta go out, again which you guys did go out again, eventually but like that's just weird, enough you, know, yeah pretty, awesome.
Speaker 4: You, know and we get we get kidded by our, family you, know we didn't See bigfoot and all this other, stuff and they're, right we. Didn't BUT i don't know how to explain a lot of what went, on you, Know and like you, said after that but going up, there LIKE i, SAID i my background with bigfoot was finding. Bigfoot and you, know other than exposing bigfoot theory too many, people not a lot of people have good things to say about finding. Bigfoot SO i was a, skeptic and after this now was at least open to the eydea That, bigfoot if not being a, possibility was a.
Speaker 3: Probability, Yeah AND i was higher Than curtis to. START i was in the probability phase with, that and THEN i think both of us when we got out of, there were, saying, hey this is definitely definitely probable if but you, know you're sure something's going on there with that, Gotcha so it.
Speaker 2: Moved it moved the needle a little bit before you, guys you made it probably a.
Speaker 4: Lot and we talked about it continually for the next two, years and in twenty twenty three we actually went looking for gold In, idaho and and if it wasn't for, that we probably would have gone bigfooting in twenty twenty. Three but even there we may have found a. Print so even though we went looking for, gold we might have found some evidence of a bigfoot In. Idaho but you, know we got to About january of twenty twenty four And david calls me up and, says we need to go on another. Trip so we kind of had a. Discussion do we want to go back to the same. PLACE i, mean that's you, know it was a great place and there's something to. Habituation you, know maybe maybe going back we would see, more but we wanted to kind of go after watching, videos we wanted to kind of go somewhere. Else so we started, discussing, well maybe we'll go To, canada you, know with all the findings they have Around, nordig but you, know it's hard to get guns up, there and you, know we wanted. Protection we weren't, hunting but we didn't want to go out in the wilderness with you, know bear around and no. Guns so that kind of ruled Out. Canada and then we thought About, alaska but you, know getting To alaska is just so hard to take up half of our vacation just getting there and half of it getting. Back so we started looking In oregon And, washington AND i went to THE bfro Like david had For, california and found That washington had more Sightings CLASS a And CLASS b sidings in any other state in the in the in THE, US i think at the time it had eight hundred and seventy six or something like. THAT i don't remember the exact, number but there are a lot Of CLASS a And CLASS b side and so we kind of decided to go To washington because that's you, know close To canada, obviously and Like david had said About, california we wanted to just get, away so we went where the population wasn't. There there are a lot of reports on the western half Of washington because that's also where the most population, is you Know Mount rainier and The cascades and you know The olympics and all that. Stuff but we wanted to get away From, seattle so we started looking on the eastern side Of, washington AND i actually found four or five YouTubers who who have had experiences in an Eastern, washington and THEN i found three of those specifically had a lot of activity Near Sullivan, lake which is about as far north and as far east you can go In washington without either going Into canada Or. Idaho and there's this campground on the Along Sullivan creek which feeds Into Sullivan, lake and it has over about ten miles about eighteen, campsites but they, always you, know when you look on, reservations they looked pretty, full and we didn't really want to be around other, people SO i called the ranger station there and kind of spoke to one of the rangers and asked him where we could do dispersed camping kind of away from everybody, else but still have water source and even have a bathroom if we, needed and he suggested a place Called Gypsy, Meadows so we quickly looked it up on On Google, map and when you look at the satellite, view it's probably maybe twelve miles up the creek or so From Sulvan, lake and while there are a few campgrounds maybe a mile or, so there's not a whole. Lot and in, fact just across the, creek which sort of goes on the edge Of Gypsy meadows is The Salmo Priest. Wilderness so while we weren't in the, wilderness we were maybe one hundred yards from. It and at the end of The Sulivan creek, road maybe three or four miles up from The Gypsy, meadows the road ended in the, wilderness and we went hiking up there one day and just saw how. Remote it was so basically after finding a bunch of people on, YouTube that's where we decided to.
Speaker 3: Go So Gypsy. Meadows so we Go ryan coming Into Gypsy meadows there and it's LIKE i, said it's about twelve mile dirt road you go up. There we really got most of the camps were not occupied at the time we're. Gone we, passed you, know occasional once or. One there was a about a quarter mile just Before Ditchy, meadows we passed one. Trader that guy was there that he was in that trader the whole time that we were. There and we go into the meadow and it was empty at that. Point so we went all the way to the end of the meadow as far as you get from the mid, road set up our camp at this you, know a pretty nice camp campsite, There and we got there around three in the, afternoon and, uh you, know plenty of time to set up. Camp and then something happened To curtis right. Then that made more sense, later but we didn't really didn't think much of it right.
Speaker 4: Then but, yeah so we were setting up our camp and and you, know we put up our aning to for a place to eat and then we both were setting up our, tents and after we set up our, TENTS i decided to blow up my air mattress while it was still light SO i didn't have to do it when we went to. Bed AND i had this little backpacking air pump that probably blow up my mattress in about a minute or. So the only problem with it it makes a pretty high pitched wine when you turn the motor on while it's blowing the. Air and SO i turned this motor on and all of a, sudden from across the, creek we estimate maybe a quarter mile away so from the, wilderness we heard this owl start. Hooting and at first we, thought, well that's a little, strange you, know because it's during the. Day but the bar owl does has been known to hoot during the, day so we really didn't think much of. It but it just it would not stop hooting UNTIL i turned off my, pump and as soon AS i, did the hooting. Stopped and we only mentioned. This it did catch our, attention but it seemed like what strangeness that followed was almost always preceded by owl, hoots so we're not saying that wasn't an owl that was hooting at. Us but later on in the next few, days owl hooting sort of preceded everything.
Speaker 3: Else so once you got set, up we'd heard that that the young you didn't think anything of a day is by, say it's cool to hear it, now you. Know but at the end of the meadow there the trail that goes out toward the north northeast. Area we decided to go for a. Hike we had a couple hours left to. Sunlight so we go walking out there and we crossed the creek over and we're start fallowing game trail and we left the main trail and you, know to get across this creek and walking along and ACTUALLY i see the, footprint Like i'll, furds hey look at, this and there're just this one. INDENTATION i, mean it wasn't quite perfectly clear. Anything we could definitely see the heel and the, wider you, know foot and we measured it because now we're left rookies and we bring measuring. Tapes but it measured about fourteen and a half inches long with, that AND i, feel, well that's. Cool SO i, decided you, know we ought to cast this thing because we never casted anything. Before as we are doing AND i, said you, know it's not a very you, know great, print but, hey we need some experience in. Casting so we went back the next day to to cast that and decided to leave some you know, gifts, apples we brought peanut butter. Jar we put out you, know four, there and we put a game camera up on that area and just for. Observation we never did see. Anything no one ever took any of the, gifts but that was we did go back and cast that one print at that.
Speaker 4: Time and while we were, there it was again the same essentially the same week as in twenty twenty two is the last week Of. August for whatever, reason there was a burn band so we couldn't have, campfires which was kind of. Disappointing but our second night, there some other campers had come into the other side of the meadow and they were probably about one hundred and twenty yards from, us and they were camped right up against the west side of the meadow and we were sort of on THE i guess you'd call it southeast side of the, meadow and they were about one hundred and twenty yards from. Us they came in kind of round. Dusk the first rule of bigfooting is when you get there put out. Recorders and of, course even though we weren't, rookies we still made a. Mistake we didn't put out recorders that, night and because there was a burn, band or about nine thirty or, ten it started getting, cold and you, know we set around looking with our fleers all, around and we'd even gone for a night drive to see if any we could pick anything up On david's dash cam or on our, flares and we saw deer and bear and all sorts of. Things but, finally around nine thirty or, ten we decided to go to, bed and just as we turned out the, lights that same, owl or at least from the same, direction kind of gave us a good night. HOOT i didn't think much of. It, AGAIN i, mean this is kind of neat here in the. Owl for whatever, reason that NIGHT i just could not get to. Sleep the first night from, TRAVEL i fell right. Asleep but this, night LIKE i, said we went to bed about. Night i'm, thirty AND i kind of tossed and turned for a couple of, hours and FINALLY i looked at my watch AND i, said you, know ten to, twelve AND i still hadn't fallen, asleep SO i kind of closed my, eyes rolled over and tried to get to sleep. Again and about ten or fifteen minutes, later so probably just after, midnight that same owl started, hooting but this time it didn't. Stop it was almost LIKE i had that air pump, on.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 4: Know for three or four, minutes it just kept hooting and hooting and. Hooting it would pause after four or five hoots and listen and then pick it up. Again and As i'm laying, There i'm kind of getting annoyed at this owl Because i'm trying to. SLEEP i started thinking it's getting. Louder is it getting? Closer does does an owl hoot when it? FLIES i don't, know but it seemed like it was getting, closer and not to put human characters on an, animal it seemed a little more. Frantic besides being, louder the hoots got, quicker and LIKE i, said after four or five, hoots it would kind of stop and, listen and THEN i again had to kind of pause and make SURE i was hearing WHAT i was. Hearing the, HOOTS i, thought turned into, whoops and it was distinctly, different even though it seemed to be the same. Voice and after four or five. Hoots i'm about ready to get out out of my sleeping bag and go wake Up. David all of a sudden there's a. Response off to our north and off to our. East something answered these hoots and, whoops and they answered him with. Hoots so as soon as the answer came back the, owl if you, would stopped. Hooting and so, YEAH i didn't really have a chance to get out a. BIT i didn't wake Up, david AND i wasn't going to wake him up for you, know for. Nothing SO i tried to get back to, sleep and about an hour LATER i was still not, asleep and the exact same pattern. Happened this owl started hooting, again and then for the second, TIME i started hearing, whoops and this TIME i kind of thought to, myself, WELL i GUESS i really did hear. Him and again just As i'm not ready to get out of bed and wake Up, david those two owls off to the north and off to the east answered. It and as soon as they answered, it it was silent. Again so AGAIN i didn't wake Up. David the next THING i, KNOW i had probably i'd most likely fallen asleep And david was shaking my tent getting me.
Speaker 3: Up, well it's proby. Rum you, know around two, o'clock in between one thirty and two, o'clock all of a sudden they get woke up by this tremendously cloud you, know. Hooting and it was from where my tent. Was these these two campers there were as a younger younger younger boy and older you, know he's, PROBABLY i guess the older, guy probably in his late. Twenties from the younger guy was probably in the. Teenager and they had just coming in and parked on the opposite, endo the you, know the meadow from where we were well closer to the entrance on the road, there but they were parked on the and their tent was like right on the edge of the, forest were on that side of the. Netdow AND i swear this, thing the noise in the racket THAT i started hearing this hooting started from the you, know If i'm talking about a degree from, me had about forty five degrees to my right towards the creek, area and it. Went it was, loud and it was the, whoa whoa whoa, work whoa, whoa whoa. Work it was mo and it was going. FAST i felt that it was going right through those guys, camp and all of a sudden in the middle is, Whoa all of a, SUDDEN i start here in this right Round la Black Way wa wow up and the cultic thing it sounded to me if you if you've heard The sierra sounds in That samurai, gibberish are. Like but these guys were like they were like angry at each, other and they were going all, right, right, right right. Right but it was moving as this is going. Wrong and then it keeps moving probably from that forty five to the directly right by those guys. CAMP i, THOUGHT i, said that's going right through their. Camp and then it continued on across the road and up to the main road and up the. Ridge and it was only about thirty you, know probably thirty seconds of time for that time for that for that motion to happen across. There AND i got up and went and Got, Curtisi, hey did you Hear that's what the heck was? That and he comes climbing out of the tent and we get ever flashots out and we looked down the meadow and these other guys are climbing out of their tent and what's going? On we didn't go talk to them that time, night but it was definitely a loud screaming and the only THING i could picture that rot noise was compared to The sierra sounds with. It And curtis hadn't heard, it BUT, i you, KNOW i tried to explain it to, him and he got up the next morning and actually went and talked to the one of those.
Speaker 4: Guys, Yeah and so just to put this in, perspective the creek is the border of the, wilderness and likely What david's describing is whatever pack was moving came from the wilderness across the creek well behind these guys, camp through the, woods across the, road into the, meadow across another little small, meadow up a ridge that was a center forest about one hundred more, yards and across the main road and back into another. Wilderness so it probably, traveled you, know one hundred and fifty yards at least in, seconds and it was all essentially cross. Country and this WAS i looked it up. Later of, course there was a burn, band so nobody had a, fire there was no light from the, fire and it was also a waning moon that was less than a quarter of a, moon so there was no, moonlight so whatever traveled this one hundred and fifty or so yards across the creek from the wilderness did so essentially in pitch. Black But david's. Right the next, morning you, know we all crawled back into, bed maybe by two thirty or, so we'd all been looking around for ten or fifteen. MINUTES i didn't sleep very well after. THAT i just kept waking up THINKING i heard something and didn't really or. Anything but pretty SOON i see light coming into my tent AND i, Say i'm not, Sleeping i'm just getting, up AND i decided to walk down to the. Bathroom so it's, probably oh maybe an eighth of a mile away from our. Camp and WHEN i get down, THERE i see someone who's in the, bathroom AND i didn't know who it, was SO i kind of waited about fifty feet. AWAY i didn't want to bother them while they were going to the, bathroom AND i when the door, OPENED i realized it was the older of the two gentlemen that had pulled into camp that, evening and SO i kind of wanted to get a sense of what he had, heard because clearly they heard. Something they were out at two o'clock in the, morning look in the flashlights all through the meadow and through the forest to, see you, know if they could find. Anything BUT i didn't want to influence what he. Said SO i, said, boy that was a crazy, night wasn't. It and he, said, yeah it. Was what do you think that? Was AND i, SAID i don't, know you, KNOW i JUST i kind of wanted to get his. Opinion and he, said there was a pack of, them and whatever they, were they were barking while they were, running and one of them was up in the, tree or might have been up in the tree right above my. Tent and then they ran and you, know behind your camp and up the ridge and crossed the road and then it became. Silent SO i said to, him so you think they were dogs because you said they were, Barking and he, said, well not. Really that's the only DESCRIPTION i could think. Of you, know it just sounded like a dog, barking a bunch of dogs barking at each. Other AND i, said, well can you imitate? It and so he kind of thought for a, second and he imitated the samurai sounds to, me and so THEN i said to, him, well have you ever heard of The sierra, sounds and he said, No AND i, said what do you think of? Bigfoot and he kind of had a nervous. Chuckle didn't e been saying anything, else and kind of turned and walked. Away and, incidentally they left right after. BREAKFAST i don't know if that was their. Plan it might have, been OR i don't know if they were influenced by what they, heard but after breakfast they were. Gone but now it's like six fifteen in the. MORNING i went to the. BATHROOM i Figured david was still, asleep because WHEN i left the camp he was. Asleep Both david and this guy said it had crossed the main road sort of one hundred yards or so behind our. Camp SO i DECIDED i was in my camp, shoes which were basically like. CROCS i wasn't gonna be able to do any cross country, stuff BUT i FIGURED i could walk up the dirt road at. Least AND i walked up about one hundred and fifty, yards AND i noticed up this ridge all the grass had been churned up by. SOMETHING i couldn't really see any big, footprints but something definitely had churned up the grass going up this. Ridge and THEN i looked to my right and about ten feet away there was a tree break about nine feet.
Speaker 5: Up Both david and this Young this young man said that they had crossed the, road SO i figured it had to come out on the other sides.
Speaker 4: Somewhere SO i walked across the road towards our, camp and our camp was still at least one hundred yards, away And i'm looking into the. FOREST i can't really see, anything because you, know that's saying you can't see the forest because the trees ALL i see are a bunch of. Trees BUT i eventually found a trail coming out of the forest up the embankment to the, road AND i marked the trail and THEN i decided to walk back to. Camp and WHEN i got back just into the, Meadow david was awake and he was kind of looking around to see if he could track anything from the other side from our from our camp.
Speaker 3: Side so, YEAH i got up And burgers wasn't, around SO i, started you, know walking, out GO i want to walk down to that those guys area and see IF i could see any find any tracks of cramps or things like. That and there's a small meadow across from where their camp. Was it goes into the forest towards the, road AND i was in there looking AND i could, see you, know some, imprints nothing, specific you, know nothing like, a, hey this is a great footprint anything like, that but it's definitely a game. Trail so When curtis got, back we got got our gearst you, know got our stuff, together and decided to go follow this game. Trail we're falling Fro he goes across you, know small you, know hills and, bays and we start following it up and we end up coming up on this or little ridge and we see this perfect x of you, know two trees making AN, x and they're just sitting right and front of, us and the trees ARE i, mean it's probably about twenty feet, tall, yeah and probably.
Speaker 4: Ten inches in diameter at the bottom or.
Speaker 3: Though, yeah but it's a perfect. Axe and we go we started looking examining these these trees and they the one if we're standing looking back towards a. Meadow the one on the right was bent down and it was put in between two different trees that were close, together and it kind of its folding and it went on. Up we could see where it. Was it had broken at the rip, base but it was sitting right, there but it had been pushed AND i don't know how it would be fall so perfectly to go in between these. Things there was no branches, on you, know on the tree that was cleaned. Off then we looked at the other crossbar and on the other, side and this one was actually we got pictures of. It it was actually was not broken at the, base but it was twisted and you could see the bark was rotated or twisted in order for it to fit over this other one and then to fit in between the other two trees that it went. Through AND i was, like how does that? Happen, yeah how do you twist a tree to fit? It you know? Naturally just in the, like no way that's going to happen. Naturally and then so we're done looking at, that and we're this is a you, know we've seen other YouTube things on people their exes and things like, that and they, go this has got to be this is not natural and natural X and we got pictures of all, that and then videos is showing the twisting of that that one. Tree how does this not? Break because it had to be a great tree for it to do. That so then we keep following the game trail and either not quincidently or, quiztling we end up walking out on the road right By curtis's mark that he had marked on the, Road and so it was like we had actually followed the track or the trails up into that. Area you never saw any like real good footprints that we. Could there was definitely disturbances in the, dirt but nothing we could you, know look and, say, hey there's a big footprint or anything like that at that.
Speaker 4: Point and then we also look later sort of behind that guy's camp when WHEN i talked to the, guy you, Know david had originally thought that it had run right through their, camp BUT i had talked to him and he had, said, no it ran through the woods right behind their. Camp the whole, pack and he said there was more than one of, Them AND i Think david believes he heard three different, voices so we believe there are at least three of. Them but we found two game trails that went right behind their camp and went and ended basically at the. Creek so something LIKE i, said came from the, wilderness crossed the, creek ran behind these guys, camp and you, know whether one was in a tree above his tent or, NOT i don't, know but that's what he. Said you. KNOW i guess the other, alternative if if something is very, tall it might sound like it's in a tree above your. Tent but they. Were their tent was right on the edge of the. Forest SO i suppose it is possible that there was one of these animals in the tree above. It but that that day not much. Happened we went for some. Hikes finally the third night we get smart enough to put out. Recorders, uh we didn't record any of that stuff from the night, before but LIKE i, said most nights we went on on a little. Drive and before we went on this drive this, NIGHT i went and put a recorder out on The Gypsy meadows entrance sign and was essentially right in line with where these things had had. Passed AND i turned on the, recorder and then we went for a. Drive Now i've gone back and listened to all, that and while we were, gone you could hear some twigs breaking in the forest and something walking on the. Gravel now that doesn't mean it couldn't have been the guy who, was you, know in the trailer a quarter mile from, us But i've gone back and listened to, it and at least for that hour or so while we were, driving we heard something walking around the, recorder and then about an hour after, THAT i heard four rock. Clacks it was two, clacks stopped for about two, seconds and then two more, clacks AND i, thought, well that's kind of, strange and THEN i kept. Listening in about ten seconds after those rock, clacks you Hear david's truck driving into the, meadows, so you, know again putting human characteristics on an. Animal did it see our headlights coming from you, know a half mile, away did it hear our? Engine did it then clack to give a. WARNING i don't, know but it was either very much coincidental or it really did. Happen so we got back from our drive and again we can't have a, fire so we went to bed pretty, early and about eleven thirty AGAIN i hear that same owl hooting across the creek, again and this time it stopped after ten or twelve. Hoots and then about five minutes after, THAT i heard a couple of footsteps on the ridge up above. Us now the twig breaking and footsteps up above my tent were PROBABLY i don't, know seventy five feet away or, so and it was going pretty. Slowly in other, WORDS i wouldn't hear constant, walking SO i couldn't tell if it was bipedal or a. Bear but maybe ten minutes after, that something was right Outside david's.
Speaker 3: Tent So i'm we had just started setting up our recorders AND i put, up you, know a recorder out telling on a. Pole they BUT i put my phone AND i, SAID i want to start recording things IF i. Can so my phone was ready to start recording and things inside my, tent and all of a, SUDDEN i you're woken up by this hooting right there's literally ten feet away from, It like there's a pole over there in the in the. MEADOW i was behind this you know bush of the, trees you know where my where my tent, was but it was only ten feet away from this pulse and it was right by that. Pole it was like standing and it was, loud and it was like, whoa, whoa. Whoa you, know it sounded like a bart owt. O but then it goes, off you, know into like the curse of. It you, know it's a little, different BUT i was, like what DO i do? Now SO i started recording And i'm, like DO i get? Out? Now do WHAT i? DO i turn on my? Light, WELL i want to scare this thing. OFF i don't know what it. IS i you, know from by this time with all the duty and things in especially What i've heard the night before with Those sierra, sounds AND i was, like, oh what DO i do? Here so then it started move it it moved across and was further. Away it was like across the meadow and was doing the same. Thing AND i didn't hear any like walking or anything like. That BUT i didn't hear any you, know we had, heard, uh we'd heard an owl start flying, before but it had we'd heard the wing flaps at that, time but NOT i didn't hear anything like that on this. Time but it was loud and it kept, going and then we started hearing some responses farther away with, that and SO i was, like this thing is right outside my, tent whatever it, is and if this is a a book, FLIP i don't know IF i should start getting out of leaked tent or. WHATEVER i, MEAN i was armed and things like, that but it's like what do you do in that? Situation and it, was Like david, said it was extremely.
Speaker 4: Loud you, know people talk about they feel a percussion in their chest or. SOMETHING i don't know IF i felt, that but this thing was one of the loudest Things i've ever, heard and it sounded like it was on the. Ground, AGAIN i guess it doesn't mean it couldn't have been an, owl but it. Didn't it sounded like something imitating an. Owl and this my recorder was about one hundred yards, away And i've listened to, it and on my recorder it is extremely loud from one hundred yards. Away it was just crazy how loud it. Is And david's looked at it on a spectrum. Analysis he'll talk about that in a. Second but you, know we get out and look around, again we don't find. Anything we kind of go back to. Bed But i've since listened to that night on all my, recordings and during the, night once we were eventually, asleep after probably one or two, am there were two distant, howls like The ohio, howls separated by probably fifteen, minutes so there's one howl and then. Another we heard four or five different whistles on my tape for that, night and then there was also a metal, banging almost like something hitting sheet. Metal And i've done a little bit of research on YouTube AND i found a couple of other people who were in this same campground who have heard, that AND i, was you, know they were trying to figure out what it. Was and literally just the other DAY i started, THINKING i wonder if it's a road sign or something that something is, hitting because you, know there are signs on the main road d you, know saying turn here for gypsy, meadows or there's a sharp corner or speed limit or. Whatever but something there's a metallic bang THAT i hear at like three in the morning on my recorder and, anyway we didn't hear any of that because we were. Asleep But david has done a spectrum analysis on that guy that whatever it, was it was you, know on the. Ground it wasn't in the, air or wasn't in a. Tree something was on the ground low making these. Noises and he's done a spectrum analysis and compared it to Bart owls.
Speaker 3: Bug you, KNOW i, had you, know took it from my iPhone recorder and put it on the you, Know audacity and put on the spectro analysis AND i downloaded different he or four different barred owl sounds you, know from The, internet and try to compare that to what it, was and they were. Different they, didn't you, know really. Anything neil liked, it SO i. Didn't you, Know i'm not a another sound expert or or anything like, that but WHEN i was trying to compare it to known bard owl, sounds it was, different you, know for me where it, was BUT i don't know what could be something that loud it. Was it was very loud and really. Close aaron d didn't want to get out of the tent at That and since Then i've sent a message to is It is It Chris spencer from The Olympic. PROJECT i could be getting the name, Wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah Probably Chris, Spencer David, Ellis, yeah it Was Chris.
Speaker 4: SPENCER i DIDN'T i didn't send him the the, recording BUT i did ask him if if he's if he has any experience or anything of them mimicking, owls and and he replied to me he's heard them mimic just about, everything but he's never heard of them mimicking. Owls and SO i didn't send it to. Him But i've since on YouTube heard two or three other people talk about something that didn't quite sound like an, owl and they're associating it with bigfoot. Activity, so you, know thinking about, that AS i Said, david AND i like to analyze everything sometimes maybe way too. MUCH i, MEAN i think there are, basically you, know three. Options maybe maybe it was all owls and maybe we're. WRONG i mean that's option. One option two is is you, know at some point a bigfoot was mimicking an. Owl the third option Because david heard. WHOOPS i heard whoops two different. NIGHTS i heard. Whoops the third option, is you, know Maybe bigfoot is using those owl hoots to try to mask their their. Whoops but you, know even if if we're completely, wrong then we're. Wrong and you, know if option one is true that there was all owls and then we're. Wrong BUT I i can't imagine, everything especially the you, know that doesn't explain that The sierra sounds That david. Found but if either they were mimicking owls or they used owls to mask their own, woops that still shows you, know pretty good intelligence to be able to do. That but, anyway the next morning we got up and we both walked down to the bathroom and there was this little road going Into gypsy. Meadows it's PROBABLY i don't, Know i'll just, Say, david ten feet, wide eight feet, wide something like. That it's, not it's. Not it's not a two lane. Road it's a one lane. Road, basically, yeah tenz wide or. Something but, anyway we're walking down and we looked down and in the tracks That david's one ton truck had, made all of a, sudden we see this eighteen by, six so eighteen inches long and six inches, wide wet spot that looked like a foot and there was only one of. Them so if this was a real, print and we think it, was you, know it basically took one step onto the road and was, gone and it was probably probably a little more than halfway, across maybe two thirds away across the. Road and then we started looking around and the creek was only maybe one hundred to one hundred and fifty yards. Away and THEN i Think david noticed that right where it had crossed the main road there was another tree, break and this tree break was fairly fresh in that the upper part the leave were just starting to turn, yellow but they still had green needles on, them and the needles below were completely. Green so so we're not saying that the tree break occurred at the same time as this, print but something left a wet eighteen inch footprint on that.
Speaker 3: Road the break on the green tree at one time it had been, green and, so like you, said the upper the leaves on the above the break were, yellow so they had been dying for a little. While but the break was up about nine feet light be. Tall and there again we're looking around to see who has that. Break is something fall on this or you know, whatever end there's. Not it's like something that held up there and actually had to hold it and break it in order for. It and it was pointed towards the road again like the other one we had seen back in twenty, two going towards the. Trail so that was pretty, strange you, know for. That BUT i got a picture of that wet footprint next to my shoe and it definitely is. Big.
Speaker 4: Yeah and that afternoon we found a trail across the. Road it was it was a regular hiking. Trail we took it up and probably about a mile and alfter two miles up the trail just off the trail there was some grass that was maybe two and a half three feet, tall And david noticed that there was a bedding area for probably three or four. Deer it wasn't what they weren't. Big i'm not implying, that you, know anything bigger than a deer was. There and we, thought, oh that's kind of, neat but, well we had missed going. Out we found on the way back that, afternoon about fifty feet from those three or four little deer beds in this, grass something with two feet had stood in the grass about fifty feet away and was had apparently, been you, know looking at these deer while they were. Sleeping david actually found both the deer beds and the the other, print and both of them were just like five feet off the, trail but something had either stood or perhaps, squatted and you could definitely, see you, know about eighteen inch impression in the grass where something had stood with one foot you, know maybe six inches away from the other foot and it was looking in the direction of those. Deer so that was kind of crazy.
Speaker 3: Too it was standing right by a tree and just two, different two different, footprints you, know just smashing the grass. Down you can definitely see. That so the next the next thing that happened, was you, know the next, day we were just relaxing in midday in our hammocks and by this time we're, Thinking, okay are these Hoots nimi being or not and so we're starting to wonder what that. Is so then mid mid after, me we're just resting in our, hammocks all of a sudden we hear inspired about thirty feet away up on the ridge behind our. Camp we hear this, whoo you, know and we look at each other and, go that is. Close so we grabbed our gear and grab my, camera grab our, gear you, know and started heading up to the ridge behind our, camp thinking we're going to see something and find. Something and it's, close AND i turned my camera. On i'm trying To we're not, running we're walking. Slow we're trying to catch. Something and then follow this and we start following this trail and we'd see these big prints in the side of this ridge and we have pictures of these big. Prints they're all about sixteen inches. Long and we're following this up this. Ridge when we go and as we're going, along all of a, sudden often to the other direction from where we had seen THE x. Direction across the road on the other side of the, road we hear these three distinct, whoops you, know not not hoots every, day who whoo. Whoops And i'd turn A curtis AND i, go we're not we're not. Moving we're going where we're going Because i'm not getting distracted and called in a different direction because this thing is this direction from where we were. Going and he, agreed and we you, know we kept, going and not too long after, that my battery. Died it was, like what the?
Speaker 4: Heck this is a fully charged.
Speaker 3: Battery you, know it's going, out you know within you, know just a few minutes of the time that we're up here, videotaping AND i hadn't grabbed an extra. BATTERY i didn't think he was going to. Die could have been fully. Charged but who knows why why that, happens you, know with. That but on the way, BACK i had noticed a wet, area you, know on the way, back SO i kept that in my mind before we are, gone AND i don't know if you had anything to say on that, perspective we had started walking through some other.
Speaker 4: Areas, Yeah so we also founded a teepee structure when we were following those hoots up the. Ridge it was probably five branches that came together at a, point probably twenty feet. Tall so so here behind our camp there was AN x maybe one hundred yards directly by our, camp and then off more towards THE i guess it would be, north maybe one hundred and fifty yards from THAT. Ax we found a tepee, structure but we didn't really find much the next, day And david's actually looked at his video of that little marsh that he saw and there was nothing in the. Marsh that. Evening the next morning was our last full day. There we both got up and decided to walk down to the bathroom about seven, am And david went into the, bathroom AND i didn't want to just stand there while he was going to the, bathroom SO i decided to walk out to the road AND i kind of walked past that guy's trailer that we talked, about who had been there the whole time we were, There and WHEN i walked, by he was inside his, trailer and in the four or five days we had been, there we had seen him pretty much every day and waved at, him said, hi and he was walking his dog in the. Meadow he'd say hi to. Us we really didn't talk to, him but you, know we were cordial with, him and he was cordial with. Us SO i kind of walked down the main road and cut back through the. Campground and he was the only one in this dispersed camp, area and he'd been there the whole. Week and WHEN i came back up maybe two minutes, later he was outside looking around his trailer and instead of saying, hi this, time he, goes where's your? Buddy what's he? Wearing you, Know i'm thinking to, Myself i'm a. GUY i don't know what my buddy is. Going BUT i said. Why he, goes, well was he dressed in tan from head to? Toe AND i, said, NO i don't think. So and he's still in the. Bathroom what's going? On and he, said, WELL i heard you guys walking down to the, bathroom AND i saw you walk.
Speaker 3: Up to the.
Speaker 4: Road AND i sat down in my chair and about ten seconds after you walked up to the, road my dog is at the, door barking and scratching and trying to get. Out and he wouldn't follow any, commands and he never does, that and so after about fifteen seconds of him scratching at his, door the guy got up and. Looked he said he was expecting to see one of us in his, camp which we would have never. Done we're not going to walk into somebody's camp at seven in the. Morning but, anyway that's what he, expected and that's why he asked What david was, wearing and he, said from the creek to the, road he saw something big and. Tan from head To toehoh walk that whole. Distance, now the thing you have to realize is this is still a forested, area so it's kind of like you might see it for a second and then not see it for three or four, seconds and then see a glimpse of it, again and then you, know not see, it and then another, glimpse and in ten seconds it was across the. Road so he saw something big and. Tan walk from from the wilderness area across the creek and up to the, road and you, Know david gets out of the bathroom and we all look. Around didn't really find anything at the, time and so we started talking to the guy and he, said you, Know i've been here the whole, week like you guys, have And I've i've heard some really strange. Things i've, heard you, know sounds at, night and he basically verified the samurai chatter from the couple nights. Before he didn't really hear the, chatter but whatever had made the noise woke him up the same time That david heard the. Chatter he said he's heard wood, knocks he heard a tree get knocked, over and then he looked At david AND i and he, SAID i THINK i just Saw. Bigfoot and you, know there was no one else in the. Campground david AND i were the only other. HUMANS i was, down you, know down the road maybe one hundred, yards And david was in the bathroom and something came out of the, wilderness locked between his trailer and the bathroom and locked up the. Road so that was pretty. Interesting and then that late, Afternoon david had an idea thinking back to what we had done In, california and it was sort of our last thing In washington that we that we checked.
Speaker 3: Out SO i remember that WHEN i noted that wet area up when we were going up with my camera on that, ridge AND i Told, CURTISON i don't want to leave without going and checking this. Out it's a trap track or a track, trap THEN i want to go check it, out or Else i'm going to always. Want so we went back up there and we're walking along and looking and we come around the corner and here are two footprints in the mud THAT i, go, wow look at. That and we go over there and we start we measure them and they're sixteen and a half inches long and the stride was forty eight to fifty two, inches you, know for the next, step and they, go this is, amazing and they're. Wide we definitely see some toes on. There it was in the wet wetness if it wasn't like deep water or, anything but they were definitely, visible and we got pictures of, those and we then we look around and we start, saying, okay where'd they come? From and we started looking back and where it got actually more more, wet and there was actually water in this kind of creek deep type marsh. Area we could see all the water was covered with the pine beetles they had fallen on the water and it was just still water and you could see these areas of steps where there was no pine. Needles and we followed it back and they were all about the same you, know distance of, stride and we kept falling it back and you lean about one hundred yards further in that, direction and we found a by a, tree kind of on the uphills. Slant we found this, again a sixteen and a half inch footprint with toes and. Stuff we couldn't it was on a, hill so we didn't weren't able to cast, that and we weren't able to cast the ones in the mud because it was how wet it. Was but we took, pictures measured, it and stopped the interesting, later like herdis, SAID i went back to my video recorder and we had walked by that area the day before WHEN i was chasing that, food AND i DIDN'T i couldn't see those footprints in that same you know swap the day. Before so in retrospect that it was interesting that we were showing that something had walked up that, night you, know through that wet.
Speaker 4: Area and we talked earlier what makes the sixteen and a half inch. FOOT i was a math major in, college so numbers just intrigued. Me and a sixteen and a half inch, foot which is What david found in a, human equates essentially to a seven foot tall. Person shaquille O'Neill's foot is sixteen and a half inches and he wears a size twenty two. Shoe and to put that in, perspective you know how many people are seven feet, tall and it's basically one person per quarter million, people so it's pretty. Rare and THEN i knew that in, orthopedics which is my, specialty we have gaate analysis, studies and SO i went to the formula used to kind of match step length to, height And david had measured forty eight to fifty two inches between these four steps through that, marsh and just using the lowest, number if you equate that to a human human stride is usually about thirty three thirty four. Inches for a six foot tall person to have a forty eight inch, stride you have to be nine feet six inches tall if you're a. Human and then you, know to put that in, PERSPECTIVE i then, said, well is there even a nine foot tall person? Alive and the tallest person in known written history was like eight feet ten, inches so there's never in least recent history been anybody nine feet tall or. Bigger so although we never again Saw bigfoot on this trip or anything like. That and Like david had said About, california we never smelled, anything you, know we Heard david heard samurai, sound and we found extra large footprints with toes that equate to a giant if they were a. Human so the chances of it being human are. Infinitesimal, really SO i think we're both in the in the the camp now That bigfoot was there In washington when we were.
Speaker 2: There, guys this is this is a wild a. COW i, mean.
Speaker 1: Are you guys playing on maybe going back there? Someday if if this is, ME i would be already, Like, Okay i'm going back to this area or.
Speaker 2: Maybe if you don't want.
Speaker 1: To it did get a little Intense, saturday we're Going.
Speaker 3: Saturday we're leaving Leaving saturday With saturdays.
Speaker 4: And you know it's a different time of the, year but we're go On. Saturday and then we're also planning and going back again at the end Of august in case there's some kind of migrational thing and we don't find anything in in you, know next. Week so, yes we're we're definitely going back To washington at least two more. Times oh, wow.
Speaker 1: Is this still going to be the two of you or are any Plans are there any local researchers to the.
Speaker 2: Area i'm trying to.
Speaker 4: Think, so, yeah there are the one that we talked, about, uh that we'd watched his. Videos he's going to meet up with us. There his name Is Will. Holmer and Then jonathan And Sarah brown heard our story And jonathan called. Me he actually called me WHEN i was In, ANTARCTICA i believe it or. NOT i was on a cruise ship down In antarctica and he woke me up at like two in the morning and he, said, hey are you guys available In june to go up? Again so we're Meeting, John nathan And Sarah brown and this Will homer In. June now when we go back In, august we're just planning on going the two of us.
Speaker 3: Here our wives are going with. Us this, fine they want to go up on this, trip so we're we're taking them those.
Speaker 2: Bait you, Laugh BUT i mean we all we all know that.
Speaker 3: They like they like.
Speaker 2: Women, yeah when when.
Speaker 1: The female side is, introduced some really weird things can.
Speaker 2: Happen, RIGHT i mean.
Speaker 4: Definitely, Yeah so this next week there'll be at Least Sarah brown and then our two, Wives so hopefully that will attract.
Speaker 3: Something.
Speaker 1: Wow, Man so The browns is so, GOOD i. AM i would assume they're they're going to be documenting uh that as.
Speaker 2: Well they plan on.
Speaker 4: It they want to See jonathan heard heard about our story AND i talked to him on the phone for an hour or, so and he he wants to go see all these, things like THE. X i, mean THE x should still be, there you, know it's just you, know what are we eight months? Ago THE x should still be there and you should be able to see the twisted bottom of the. Tree and obviously the footprints won't be, there but they can at least see the. Area and Then Will Will homer is one of the local guys and he's going to be. There he's had a lot of experience more down in the campground. AREA i don't believe he is actually camped up In Gypsy, meadows but he said he wanted to join, us join us and see if we can find anything that's.
Speaker 1: Awesome you, know it'd be great to. See i'm a big fan of Their Salish sasquatch. Channel they do a great. Job, yeah so it'll be cool to see what they are able to. Document but also the other guy is that the man fifty eight. Channel, yes, yes, yeah, okay, okay THAT'S i was, like this sounds really. Familiar THE i was looking through the pictures you sent while you guys were, talking and that that picture of THE x is absolutely it's, incredible just the way that it. Is it's really. Woven and if you guys are cool, that LIKE i can CAN i put that in the speed?
Speaker 3: Version? Yeah, yeah you could post any. Anything i've sent you all the pictures of the prints and all that, too so thank.
Speaker 4: You, well it's it's it's a perfectly SYMMETRICAL. X, Yeah and both branches are wedged in between two standing trees that are only about six feet apart those two, trees and the space there wedged in is probably only a. Foot and, then Like david, said the one, tree it's rootball had been pushed, up but the other tree is twisted at the, Base so you, know you think could the one fall that? Way, sure BUT i don't know unless there was a, tornado how one the other tree would. Twist and of course if there was a, tornado the other trees around would be gone, Too SO i mean it just it is an AMAZING x. Structure there's no.
Speaker 1: Doubt it's probably one of the best ones That i've seen, It like it is so good That i'm, like, man it's just like this is a screen cap from like The Todds standing documentary that look is?
Speaker 3: That but.
Speaker 1: Like look through the metadata of the. PHOTO i was, Like, oh it's the it's right. There LIKE i looked up the when you take a photo with an, iPhone it captures the metadata and you can look up the you, know the location on.
Speaker 2: IT i was, Like, oh it's right where they're saying it, is.
Speaker 4: And Like, david Like david, said it's probably the only one hundred yards behind where Were and the crazy thing is it was probably thirty more yards to the road or forty more yards from the. ROAD i couldn't see, it LIKE i, SAID i was looking in from the road WHEN i marked the, trail and from a camp you can't see. It you only see it when you get MAYBE i don't, know what would you, say twenty yards from, It? David? Maybe or thirty yards.
Speaker 3: From, it, YEAH i mean if you or we're walking. Up we didn't see it till we got you, know we're coming up at hill when we're work than, that but if you're coming in from the, road you wouldn't get it until it inside the tree, line, Right.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, incredible the, uh the uh hooting weird sounds that you were Hearing at any point did it sound, like you, know you would hear the who and then at the end of, it would it sound like it was something that was messing it up or didn't really know how to finish the, sound or like it didn't do the normal owl sound correct at the.
Speaker 2: End was there anything like that at?
Speaker 4: All that's WHAT i interpreted it as is it had been it had been mimic you.
Speaker 3: Know.
Speaker 4: AGAIN I i Messaged Chris. Spencer he he hasn't heard of anything mimicking owls AND i respect his, work you, know. Immensely And sarah And jonathan have the the recording and they said that they would send it To. CHRIS i don't know if he's looked at it or listen to, it but it sounded to me like at first something was pretty well mimicking the. Owl but then like, again LIKE i, Said i'm sort of putting human characteristics on this. Sound after a couple of, minutes it was getting louder and the hoots became, quicker and as they became, quicker they sort of degraded into a. Whoop, so you, KNOW i guess it's almost as if it couldn't keep up the perfect. Mimicking if it was mimicking an owl and then resorted to we've all heard whoops being described or heard heard recordings of, Woops so that's sort of HOW i. Interpreted, obviously my interpretation could be.
Speaker 3: Wrong you.
Speaker 4: Know the other, option LIKE i, said is if the owl was making most of that first you, know minute and a, half two minutes of that, hooting you, know maybe the loop was only to come at the end of the hooting to sort of mix in and kind of confuse anything. ELSE i, MEAN i look at those as the two. Options and either, way whether it is mimicking and then just degrades after a couple of, minutes or whether it just adds it on that takes intelligence to, do you, know either, Way.
Speaker 3: AND i don't know. HOW i just don't know how you could go from the owl ooting to heal there oh la la la la la la, la and then back to outing as you're moving across the. Forest so even.
Speaker 4: Even you, know if my other, explanations and even If Chris spencer is, corrected he hasn't Heard owl's being. Mimicked that still doesn't explain The sierra sounds That david definitely, heard and you, know the the other camper heard as he verified the next morning.
Speaker 1: Exactly AND i think that's a that's a great way to put that because it is a unique account where you have the other campers and then you have the gentleman in the trailer that had.
Speaker 2: The visual as. Well it's just it's a really really cool.
Speaker 1: ACCOUNT i can't wait to, see you, know what happens when you guys go, back and it's very.
Speaker 3: Cool, yeah we can't.
Speaker 4: Either.
Speaker 2: Man that's a that's a that's a wild drive for you, though isn't he tell me about?
Speaker 4: It? Yeah, Yeah SO i have to fly From phoenix To sacramento and then it's like a forty narrow drive from, There david or something like.
Speaker 3: That, yeah well we'll drive up probably, halfway stayed, somewhere and then finish it.
Speaker 4: Off but like you, said with with what we've in no no putting down what we found In, california we definitely have have the fever after what we found In, washington and it's worth the drive up.
Speaker 1: There oh, yeah, Absolutely AND i definitely understand that neither of you had had the, visual but you're just extremely extremely.
Speaker 2: Close it's, yeah it just it gets. YOU i totally totally get. It and SO i would assume that you guys are Both.
Speaker 1: The needles probably moved away after that last, account will?
Speaker 3: It you, SAY i don't think the needle can. Move Let's, Troy yeah, right, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah and LIKE i, Said i'm a math, herd and in my, Mind i've Done i've done the probability of having a seven foot tall or greater person running one hundred and fifty yards through the forest at, night in the, dark, barefoot in a light, rain across, terrain and traveling that distance in twenty or so. Seconds i've done the math and it is. Infinitesimal, literally it's greater than one in fifty million chants that that could have been a human that ran across that guy's camp that. Night you, KNOW i know that sounds, crazy BUT i am a numbers. GUY i think in, numbers and it is just almost impossible for any of that to have been a. Human and what other animal can can, speak you, Know Samurai, cheddar it's. Tuff, yeah that's that's the so we're we're pretty convinced now if you're, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely is it a? Thing where.
Speaker 1: Are you are you prepared to potentially have a sighting.
Speaker 3: When you go back in just a few days?
Speaker 2: Potentially that's an interesting.
Speaker 3: Question so let's Not i've heard about, that SO i wouldn't take the people always ask me what are you going to do when, you you, know see one or need one type. Thing and one of the things that that just hit me over the last month or, two just to go back to my interest in The indians and, stuff is THAT i would like to try to, communicate if, possible you, know with these, things And i'm trying to figure out how to do. That and my one thought came, up if these guys have been around for so long and Around indian tribes and they've all you, know Other indians used to you, know tribes used to actually trade with, them or you, know they they felt that they were the keepers of the forest they, kept you, know they were like another tribe of people out. There AND i believe these are intelligent, beings AND i think they're as so intelligent as we. Are they're a lot more knowledgeable of nature than we. Are but my thought came, as how About Native american sign? Language, yeah maybe that was passed on in their, generation if they were. POSSIBLE i think they've observed people and they can pick up on things and. Stuff but it was interesting thought for me that The Native american sign language might be something that would be passed down their generations and. Stuff So i've been trying to learn some of that in, case you, know that was you, know one of my things and. Stuff So i'm trying to prepare for that for if that. Happens it's all going to be on how aggressive they are or how willing they're. Doing But i've been trying to learn some of that information in the case of what might be what.
Speaker 4: Happens and When david brought that up to me last, week you, know that idea popped into his. HEAD i started looking up the native tribes that were in the area in Northeast, washington and The Colville indians were, there and SO i tried to look up if they had a spoken, language And I've i've looked up the word for peace and the word for, friend so we we have those two words that we haven't spoken. Language And david's been learning sign, language and then it'll be interesting to have you, Know Jonathan brown, there who you know lives on An indian reservation and see what his thoughts are regarding.
Speaker 1: The the sign language thing has actually come up in a few interviews That i've, done taking scifically of the the CHAT i had with With ernie From Western massachusetts where there was some SIGN I ridge involved with that. One also there's some, guy there's at least one Gentleman i've talked to off record where he, yeah that is that is a part of it where sign language seems to be. Effective SO i would say you're probably on the right track, There. David is there a resource that you found where you know you're looking?
Speaker 3: Up there's a two to. THINGS i got two different books on. It they weren't doing exactly WHAT i was. LIKING i found a YouTube channel that is that's been more help for me in where they have than the Old Native american talking to somebody and he's using his hands and explaining the. Language because there's more to it than just learn a certain. Day that's the expressions and how you do it with. It So i've been kind of going through that trying to you, know that's been more helpful to me going and looking at that that old guy Talking clinton's hands and he speaks that he talked of the same. Time so that's been. Interesting that's.
Speaker 1: Awesome AND i, think you, know just from talking to you guys for for a little, bit it it sounds What i'm getting is you guys definitely have the right you, know intention and the right motivation and all. This AND i don't know how you guys feel about all, that BUT i have found from talking to hundreds of people and also being in the field with a few different, people that that definitely does play into. It is how how the person is when they go into the field and why they're, there and do they have a positive intent or negative? Intent that play into. Us SO i think you guys are are on on the right trails there as, well Unless i'm totally off base with, that BUT i don't THINK i.
Speaker 3: Am.
Speaker 4: NO i think we kind of went into it at the beginning with curiosity and, yeah and now we're we're even more curious even though we've learned a lot and, uh, yeah we're we're we definitely want to we want to. Know we think we know pretty, sure we, know but we want to, know, uh and obviously we we'd we're not there to, hunt we're not there to do. Anything we just at first sort of did this as a. Fluke but now, now, uh now we're.
Speaker 3: Hooked. BASICALLY i appreciate your input on that BECAUSE i hadn't heard anything about like gunion sign. Language but it's good to know that that's. Uh that just makes me want to continue that that that process THAT i hadn't heard about any got in the Corporate.
Speaker 1: Well david And curse has been just a really fun chat with you. GUYS i want to make sure that you were able to share everything that you had wanted to share on the show.
Speaker 2: TONIGHT i think the only other thing.
Speaker 4: One other, time and this is just a small. Finding we were hiking in the wilderness across the creek and we Came we're literally in the middle of nowhere and there are no human trails, around and we came across this about five foot stump of this, big huge tree and on top of this tree. Mushroom stump was a fresh. Mushroom so, this, YEAH i forgot about that.
Speaker 3: Thing, yeah the mushroom is it's like head almost head, high AND i look at it And i'm, going what is that. Doing it's laying, sideways AND i was, thinking, well maybe it's growing out, there AND i went over and it picked it, up and it was. Not it was set there on top of this stump in that particular, place and it was a fresh month mush and it wasn't dried. Up it was like brand, new fresh. Month it could have been growing, there but it was. Not it was not. Attached so something had placed this mush in the middle of the wilderness that we were hiking on top of this.
Speaker 4: Stump and if we're to believe that that night That david heard them travel from across the wilderness or across the creek from the wilderness up to that other, ridge that is the direction they came. From so that was the only other thing that we saw or heard that we didn't really talk. About so thanks for letting us add that at the end.
Speaker 1: Here, absolutely you, KNOW i would, say definitely keep in, touch. Guys it'll be it'll be interesting to see what, happens you, know in just a few, days but also later on in the, summer and you, KNOW i, HOPE.
Speaker 2: I hope some really cool stuff.
Speaker 1: Happens maybe you guys get freaked out a little, bit maybe not too, much but you, KNOW i hope it all goes well for.
Speaker 3: You so that was.
Speaker 4: Well even if it, Doesn't i'll be camping with my. Buddy so that's that's what counts.
Speaker 3: That there you, Go there you.
Speaker 1: Go but we have, big great. Mill we got the wives up there you. Go, well thank, You thank you both for coming on the show. TONIGHT i appreciate coming. On Curis david all, right thank, You jeremiah.
Speaker 4: Start.
Speaker 6: Hi my name Is Phyllis. Barnett i'm sixty one years. OLD i was about it's been about seventeen. YEARS i THINK i was going Through. OREGON i was visiting family AND i was heading home and it was a little after eight am in the, morning AND i stopped to look at the view coming out To, orville AND i think it Was, ORVILLE i, KNOW i was not too far From. Trinidad AND i saw two bigfoots coming out of the. Water one was down in the water and turned and looked at, me and the other one stood up and turned and looked at me and started walking towards. ME i was about ten feet from me or, so AND i got a real good look at it And it scared the out of, me AND i didn't know WHAT i was looking. AT i remembered seeing photos of bigfoot and, stuff and it looked like a bigfoot and no, doubt AND i had nightmares for weeks after. That he must have been about eight nine feet.
Speaker 3: Tall he was.
Speaker 6: Humongous LIKE i, SAID i wasn't too far away from. HIM i now live In washington And Pierce, county and my son was out hiking and took some video and we're pretty sure he found a bigfoot nest over By Mount. Raynier we live about thirty miles twenty thirty miles From Mount rainier now And i'm hoping to see one. Again but it did scare me to, death AND i ran to my car and. LEFT i had a, camera BUT i was so SCARED i just. Left thank you for. Listening.
Speaker 1: Bye if you'd like to share a voicemail to be potentially featured on the show as, well head over To bigfoot societypodcast dot com and hit The share Your encounter. Button just wanted to take a minute to say thank you for listening to this episode of The Bigfoot Society. Podcast curtis And david's story isn't just compelling because they're. Physicians it's compelling because of what they saw and what they still can't. Explain from that eerie shelter hidden deep in the forest to the pine cones thrown in, silence it's the kind of story that sticks with. You and if you enjoy this, conversation please subscribe to the channel on, YouTube hit the bell icon so you don't miss future, episodes and share this one with a friend who's in A bigfoot the wilderness, mysteries or just a story that makes your skin. Curl so if you're listening On spotify Or apple, podcasts make sure you're following us there and if you could leave us a positive five star, review it really helps the show continue to. Grow And, hey if you or someone you know has it A bigfoot, encounter especially in places Like, Ciscu Crescent, City Sullivan, lake or even deep in The, Redwoods i'd love to hear about. It you can email me at big For society at gmail dot. Com don't Forget Sasquatch tummerfest is happening very Soon july eleven through the twelfth At Greenwaters park In, Oakridge. Oregon i'll be talking to people about Their bigfoot. Encounters you're welcome to say hi and to share your encounterface to face with. Me Big Forst society listeners can grab a two day pass for the price of one day admission with CODE bfs at. Checkout tickets are available now at www Does Sasquatch summerfests dot. Com so thanks again for being part of The Big Foot. Society until next, time keep your eyes, open trust your, gut and never stop asking what else might be out, There and see you in the.
Speaker 3: Woods