Speaker 1: You are doing way too much over explaining and people have way too much access to you. Simply put, you need some boundaries for your mouth and some boundaries for your phone. Good morning, and welcome to your message of the day. Know that, regardless of when it was uploaded, if you found this message or it found you, then your spirit team probably has something they've been trying to say and you've been ignoring them, so they found another way. Remember that the cards always open the conversation, but the real work happens when we lean into our intuition and listen for our own confirmations. Because terror and oracle itself is just a tool, and each card, much like everything else in life, is subject to interpretation.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it. So let's talk about the over explaining. First.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, on the surface, you do it because you're afraid of being misunderstood.
Speaker 2: How do I know that? Because I'm the Wizard of Oz. I'm just kidding. I'm forty.
Speaker 1: Okay, take my old school jokes and please enjoy them. But no, in all seriousness, let me just fix this microphone. Okay, in all seriousness, I know that because that was me by nature. I'm a very direct person. But somewhere along the way, obviously in my childhood, because isn't that where everything starts, I realized that most people are really uncomfortable with directness. People say that they want the truth, but they're full of shit because when you do give them the truth without a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down, they get mad. And like most of us, I didn't want people to be upset with me because to me, someone upset with me equaled conflict.
Speaker 2: I never liked conflict. I still don't like.
Speaker 1: Conflict to this day, but I have a different understanding of it now. But I digress. I am a recovering people pleaser. Do you see the pipeline?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: If this is resonating with you, are you starting to see your own pipeline?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: So again, on the surface, you do it because you're afraid of being misunderstood. But underneath that layer is you thinking to yourself. You know, if I could just say the right thing, given of context, soften the delivery, or preempt every possible misunderstanding, I could avoid all conflict, judgment, or the thing I'm afraid of most rejection. This is why I'm notorious for staying on women's neck. About the importance of inner work as a habit, not a one time thing, not something you do for six months and then drop no, no, no, as something you do regularly consistently for the rest of your life. Because the habits we pick up, or the way we think we need to be as kids with a brain that isn't developed, so we do our best to survive, is linked to acceptance because as kids, we're not old enough to survive on our own.
Speaker 2: Duh.
Speaker 1: We as children were quite literally dependent on everyone else around us, so we needed acceptance, right. But a lot of what we conform to as children needs to be reassessed as adult women because those very habits that once kept us air quotes here as kids right in our own way, only hurt us now as adult women. I want you to think about that for a second. Okay, as adults women, Now you're explaining yourself in moments when no explanation is needed. A simple example I see women do all the time. Excuse me, is this when they meet a guy and they'll say, I want to You know what, when I say it, You're gonna think to yourself, shit, I do that all the time. Okay, so walk with me. You meet a guy. He wants to take you out on a date. He suggests Friday night. But Friday, you have plans with yourself. You've got plans with yourself. You respond, Oh, I can't Friday because I've had a really long week and I promise myself i'd rest. And I know that might sound boring, but I really just need it and it Hello, why the fuck are you explaining all that to a man you just met. Oh, Friday doesn't worry for me, actually, but how about Saturday?
Speaker 2: Is enough? That's enough? That's enough? Right?
Speaker 1: Another example, a friend of yours hits you up asking if you can help her do our favor, and it's last minute. Here you go, Oh my god, girl, I would love to help, but I'm really busy today. Plus my car is doing this weird thing when I started. Plus I have to go to the floors before they close. I can get some flowers from my mom and beloved, A simple shit, I can't today, girl, Sorry about that?
Speaker 2: Is good enough? Is good enough?
Speaker 1: Which brings me actually to your phone, the stuff with your phone. This is another one that I work through with my clients all the time. Your need to respond to everything immediately equals allowing people to have access to you whenever they want. More than that, you've trained people to believe that they can have access to you whenever they want. And it's not just your text messages, It's not just you answering the phone. So many women have all of their cye canty, all of their social media notification sign and then wonder why they feel so drained all the time. So pulled on, tugged on from all these different directions, will know shit. Someone texts you, you feel like you have to respond right away. Someone dns you, even a stranger, you feel like you have to respond right away. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: Listen to me.
Speaker 1: Listen to me. Hey, gime here, listen to me. Toggle all social media notifications too off. Then learn to put your phone on D and D between certain hours of the day. The majority of things people are messaging you throughout the day. I promise you are not urgent.
Speaker 2: You know it. I know it.
Speaker 1: Every it's not urgent, and a lot of it is actual bullshit. If you're going to keep it a buck with yourself, and if you want to keep it a buck fifty with yourself, A lot of it is disruptive. Your friend sending you a TikTok that is rage bait talking about girl. Look at this is disruptive. It's disruptive to your nervous system. It's disruptive to your emotions. It's a disruptive to your thought, Like what you were thinking about that? It's disruptive. Some guy who follows you on ig sliding into your DMS to make a comment about a story that you posted is disruptive.
Speaker 2: Who is this? Who is this strange man in mind?
Speaker 1: You right, it's disruptive, it's distracting, and it's signaling to people that they can have access to you whenever they so please. Because you respond right away, people can bet on you responding right away all the time, no matter what it is. So I personally don't have social media of any kind anymore. But when I did, every single of my notifications were turned off. Every single one of my notifications were turned off. I turned them on once some years ago, and when I tell you, I almost had an aneurysm from all the notifications I were coming up. I said to myself, Oh, hell to the No, that's not going to that is not going to be a thing. No, cut that shit rad the hell off my phone. If it's not on D and D, it's on silent eighty five percent of the time, and even when it's on ring mode. I respond to messages within two timeframes, excuse me, one around noon when I'm taking a break from my stuff. My stuff is what I've got going on for the day, and then again around six seven pm when I'm done my stuff for the day. Right, no one knows it about me, so no one is feeling some type of way or getting their panties in a bunch. Also, let me just add the women in my life, my friends, my homegirls, are very self sufficient women who operate in the same way. They have their own lives, with their own career. They got their own shit going on, and they got stuff happening. So not at a ten times when they send me a hit girl, just checking in on your message, I promise you they forgot that shit. They forgot that they even sent that shit. So by the time I respond, they're like, ohit, I forgot I sent that. Hey, right, Also, everybody knows if it's urgent, they'll call twice in a row or they'll add a nine to one one at the beginning of the text. Sure, I'm not saying you know, sometimes if I have nothing going on, I'll answer outside those timeframes. But the point is it's on my terms because this is my life. And on the flip side, I heavily respect other people's terms because it's their life. This is what boundaries look like in action. So many women think that they need to say to people, this is my boundary, This is my boundary, Hey, boundary, Hey, this is my boundary. Stop because that's another explanation or justification that people don't need, nor do they care the majority of the time, nor do they care about the word itself. And you only say it because again, you fear being misunderstood and you want to make sure everyone is comfortable with the choices you're making for your.
Speaker 2: Own well being.
Speaker 1: You don't realize that you're handing people a sense of authority over your choices that they have no business having in the first place. Listen to me, Listen to let me tell you something. Your personal decisions for your own wellbeing are not a Reddit thread. Okay, they don't need to be openly discussed, they don't need to be think pieces. Knock it off, right, You're not a child anymore. You don't need to be accepted by everyone around you and everyone you come into contact with, and everybody who says, hey, how you doing. Your world is no longer as small as it was when you were a kid. So you can expand your world now, you really can, and you should, so that you can align yourself with people who get it, who don't need your over explanations because well, first of all, they're secure within themselves, and people who don't need to have access to you and demand because they know that you're a person with your own life, because they too are people with their own lives. We really are who we hang with, you know. But that's another message for another day. When the cards say that it is so on that note, I shall end this here. I really hope this helped you connect some dots for yourself today. By the way, today's message came from the Queen of Swords and the four of Pentacles. Oh and in case you are new here, my name is Cynthia b I'm an accountability coach and mentor who teaches women the lost art of self mastery. It just so happens that I'm also deeply in tune with all things magical and mystical that are rooted in spirituality. I mean, what kind of places what I be if I didn't honor the range of my dualities?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I don't offer private readings in case that's what you think you need, because when it comes to one on one work with women, I prefer to do the kind that involves unearthing the roots and planting new seats. So if you're interested in that kind of work, then please, by all means audacity redefined dot com is where you can find me Until tomorrow, go make the day work for you.
Speaker 2: Much love,