Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty and now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 3: Bill Handle here on a Thursday morning, June twenty sixth, and as usual, we have a fair amount to talk about. By the way, Amy, it was very interesting the quickest hour in radio you referred to. Yeah, now is that for the listener?
Speaker 2: Is that for you?
Speaker 4: I don't know, it just it's for me for sure.
Speaker 5: It feels like we start, you know, wake up call right at five o'clock and then.
Speaker 4: Like two seconds later, it seems like the hour is up.
Speaker 5: And it's that way every day because there's so much going on, you know, because it's headlines and entertainment. It's just like quick recap of everything that you've done, happened while you were sleeping.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the analogy is Einstein's theory of relativity, and it goes something like this that when you're having sex, an hour.
Speaker 2: Seems like a minute, and when you're.
Speaker 3: Sitting bear asked on a hot stove, a minute seems like an hour.
Speaker 6: Well, in your case, I'm not going is a minute? So yes?
Speaker 2: All right? Anyway, good morning, Amy, morning to you. Morning morning, Good morning, Neil, good morning, good morning, Cono.
Speaker 3: There you are, good morning, and and there you are, yeah, and I still can't see Will are you there?
Speaker 2: Will?
Speaker 4: Oh, he's running around somewhere.
Speaker 2: He's here, Okay, he's having.
Speaker 5: Some technical issues. So he's hanging out with me in the news booth, okay, because you know.
Speaker 3: Usually we get him during you know, our morning zoom meeting that we have every morning when we do this. Okay, before we get started. Yesterday, we did one of the stories. A couple days ago. We did a story on how Californians want the ballot to be in one hundred and ninety languages or whatever the.
Speaker 2: Hell it was.
Speaker 3: And I said it should also be in the clicking language of Africa, you know, and and give me gave me the weird look, and I said, it's a real language.
Speaker 2: You're right. I looked it up. I know, crazy, Yeah, I mean they did.
Speaker 3: So I thought for those who didn't know, i'd give you a quick lesson because I found this on the nets.
Speaker 2: So let me play that. The three clicks a.
Speaker 3: X which is you know, or the C which is pronounced.
Speaker 2: And that you wish is pronounced all right.
Speaker 3: See, I mean it's it's a language. So you didn't think it was a language, did you? Add?
Speaker 5: Here's what I really love is that you just held up your cell phone to the microphone exactly.
Speaker 4: Instead of transparent kono so he could play it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't care. Yeah, I know, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to throw that up there because I just love the clicking.
Speaker 2: And by the way, the gods, what was that movie? The Gods?
Speaker 3: That was?
Speaker 2: I loved it?
Speaker 4: Must be crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a terrific movie.
Speaker 5: Remember the premises bottle at the end that somebody throws a coke bottle out of the airplane and it screws up this indigenous tribe that has no contact with the outside world.
Speaker 2: I know, Fana.
Speaker 3: It was really a good movie. Loved it, loved it all right. Let me see what else is going on today?
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, not much I can think of. So you know what I think. I I'm gonna go for a little.
Speaker 3: While, maybe take a nap because I didn't sleep Mitch last night. So Amy, Neil, why don't you take it from here?
Speaker 4: Okay, don't you dare meet you today? Bill?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, you don't. You rarely need me. All right, guys, are you ready to do it?
Speaker 3: It is time for Handle on the news on a Thursday morning, June twenty six, with Amy Neil and me lead story be it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This is an interesting one because initially after the bombing of Tehran's nuclear facility took place, after the B.
Speaker 2: Two bombers, and later on I want to talk about.
Speaker 3: What it's like to be sitting in a B two bomber, What do B two bombers go through. It's really fascinating stuff. I'm gonna be doing that at seven twenty. In any case, immediately upon the bombing, within I think hours, President Trump said, we've that the bombing obliterated the nuclear facilities. Now the Pentagon came and said not really. Their assessment was not really, it was only partial, and the program was only back was delayed. They're delayed to Tehran's program was only delayed six months. Now the Israelis are coming back and said no, it's much closer to the obliteration story.
Speaker 2: And it's going back and forth. Now. Frankly, of all of that, I'm going to believe.
Speaker 3: The Israeli the Israeli intelligence report, and the problem is it takes a lot longer than the reporting time that they've given it at this point, and the Iranians are going to underplay it completely.
Speaker 5: Oh, the Comania came out this morning and said that Iran was victorious over Israel. Oh, they slept the US in the face.
Speaker 3: Right exactly. I mean, so anything the Iranians do are nuts. But the Iranians have admitted the damage, and you have to multiply that by ten times whatever Iran admits. So it's leaning towards what President Trump has said, that it is much closer to obliteration, and that Israel says that their program has been delayed by years instead of just a few months. And Iran is still going balls to the wall ahead with their program for quote peaceful purposes, even though there's enough uranium out there to manufacture nuclear power just until the cows come home. But processing uranium to weapons grade is for peaceful purposes?
Speaker 2: Sure, why not? You know, Trump thought that this would make them come to the table. It's not.
Speaker 3: And Humani, these guys are nuts, just out.
Speaker 2: Of their minds.
Speaker 3: So far more important than feeding their people, than having an economy, than having a decent and just a decent way of going about as a country, just living and existing. You know, you go to the Scandinavian countries. Hey, everybody lives great now. They don't care about the bombs. They don't care much about the defense other than NATO. You know, they just live their life and do great. Boy, certainly not in the Mideast.
Speaker 2: All right, moving on. I have a quick question though. Yes, yes, you said that you believe Israel, but yeah, they saying whatever Trump wants them to say. No, I don't think not.
Speaker 3: I think I think their intelligence is so good and I don't believe.
Speaker 2: I do not believe that.
Speaker 3: They would put the reputation of their intelligence at risk. That's what I think at this point. That's what I believe. I may be wrong. By the way, it's a very good point you bring up, because N'tagnahu is sucking up big two Trump big time.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, he has to, That's what I'm saying. Yeah, No, I have a very good point. I don't think you can tell you know what.
Speaker 3: It's easy to tell see how many knee pads are being sold in Israel right now, and.
Speaker 2: That'll give you a very good idea.
Speaker 5: Moving on, Member nations are getting on the Trump train. NATO summit has ended, and before they wrap things up, the European allies approved the spending plan that Trump has been pushing for, and that is that they would use five percent of each member nation's GDP for defense. It's like three and a half percent on traditional military and then one a half percent on military adjacent product projects. Pretty Much everybody's on board except Spain is still resisting. They said, now we don't want to do that. Doesn't have Trump very happy, but that was the outcome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, Trump won on this one, and I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 2: He's right from day one.
Speaker 3: He said, NATO countries have to live up to what NATO countries agreed to, and they haven't.
Speaker 2: Been in the United States has and he said, I'm tired of it. They don't come to the table. We're out the door.
Speaker 3: And so he goes there and guess what, everybody came to the table, realizing that Europe needs the US in terms of security a lot more than the US needs the European countries. So he got what he wanted. And in this one, I couldn't I could not agree more. Obama couldn't do this, Clinton couldn't do this.
Speaker 2: George w. Bush couldn't do this, and certainly Biden couldn't do this.
Speaker 7: In another act of utter stupidity, a you have a vice mayor of Cuta Hey, Cynthia Gonzalez putting up a controversial social media post.
Speaker 6: She's also set a bunch of stupid things as well.
Speaker 7: So now the Los Angeles Police Protective League is calling for her resignation. She was making headlines if you remember, calling for chilo's slang term for gang members. She wanted to know where they were at in Los Angeles eighteenth Street, putoinancia, and where are their leadership at?
Speaker 6: And how come they're not coming out? Well, what implied violence?
Speaker 7: She says, No, she was just saying that the community needed to come together. But the FBI is not saying confirming or not confirming whether they're investigating her or not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now they call her doctor Gonzalez in this story. I don't know she is a doctor of but the post, I want to know where all the cholos are now that your hood is being invaded by the biggest game there is. Yeah, exactly, that's what police saw the ice.
Speaker 7: When you're naming gangs, gang members to come out, and this is here's the thing. It's no better than the you know calling out on you know, white premise, white supremacists to come out and stand for thing. It just it muddies the waters on a very important issue and makes it worse. And you've got videos that have come out in the past couple of days of cops being attacked in Long Beach in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: No, it's bad. Times are bad.
Speaker 3: By the way, was there a problem when she stood up and started throwing gang signs when she was talking, No, not at all.
Speaker 6: It's just stupid.
Speaker 7: And then it makes it not even about immigration and the problem with immigration, it makes it about Latinos.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know if she actually did that or.
Speaker 5: Not, but she actually got an attorney yesterday. She had said that the FBI had visited her, which they haven't confirmed, and then she said, oh, I need a lawyer. Well apparently she's got one. And the lawyer said that at the message that she was sending out was meant to encourage peaceful demonstrations, not violence. He said, any suggestion that she advocated for violence is categorically false and without merit, except for the menu.
Speaker 3: If you think about it, you know now that your hood is being invaded by the biggest gang there is. There ain't a peep out of you. Don't be trying to claim no block, no nothing if you're not showing up right now trying to help and organize.
Speaker 6: She used it like a rap song, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: But she used the word organized, and I think that is going to be the determinative word on this one.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sorry, go.
Speaker 4: Ahead, oh nothing, I was just going to go to the next story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: Trump's borders ours gearing up for a fight, not not with the vice mayor of Cutahey, but with the possible mayor of New York City. Zorn mom Danni won the Democratic nomination for New York City's mayor and border Tom Holman says that he's going to fight back because Mom Donnie wants to kick the fascist Ice out of New York City. He said he's going to Trump proof the Big Apple if he's elected, and says the President has deployed Ice agents to pluck New Yorkers from their families.
Speaker 4: Holman said, yeah, good luck with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the go ahead and try to quote Trump proof the Big Apple. Good luck with that, because federal law, Trump's him Mom Donnie every day, every hour, every minute.
Speaker 2: That is true.
Speaker 3: By the way, Mom Donnie is probably gonna win, and he is an out and out socialist.
Speaker 2: Story.
Speaker 3: I read yesterday that the financial world is based in New York, as you know, you know, all the major hedge funds, the major banks. They are sweating bullets in New York figuring out what's going to happen with a socialist mayor in the city.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 7: Dubai United Arab Emirates Iran Supreme leader Ayatola Ali Komanie warned Thursday that the US will definitely pay a heavy price should it attack Iran again. He said such an action can be repeated in the future too. Responding to their response, speaking about their response, and he says that Iran has access to key US centers in the region and could take action whenever it deems necessary. Trump went right out, bought some boots and started shaking them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, if you attack us again. By the way, American forces just kick the crap out of Iran, taking out, if not the nuclear programs underneath the ground, certainly above the ground, their power stations, the roads leading to their facility.
Speaker 2: I mean, really did some damage Iran.
Speaker 3: Responded by sending out a couple of missiles.
Speaker 2: And saints the United States.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're gonna send out some missiles tomorrow at ten o'clock in the morning, and here's where they're going to land. And naturally, everybody there was evacuated and it did zero damage and it caused zero, zero injuries. But that's Iran responding, and now a big bluff, bluff, bluff, and of course declared victory.
Speaker 2: Naturally, you know.
Speaker 3: Like in all the previous wars, they declare victory no matter what happens, victory.
Speaker 2: It's just they can't control themselves. They lie. I think it's in the genes.
Speaker 3: I really think it's genetic for these countries, leaders of these countries to just lie about this sort of stuff. They did that in Iraq, The Egyptians did that.
Speaker 2: With their war in Israel.
Speaker 3: Just lie, I mean blatant lies. We wiped out the Israeli air force and then you point to the sky and it's only Israeli airplanes up in the sky and we have the biggest air force in the region. There they are every plane blown up. I just you know, okay, sure, why not.
Speaker 7: They haven't adapted to the fact that everybody has cameras on their phones and.
Speaker 6: The Internet and everything else, like there's tons of.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't matter. But it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: But Iran they don't.
Speaker 5: So for the people of Iran, they may not know because their Internet was down or.
Speaker 2: It was but there's enough.
Speaker 3: But there's enough out there, there's enough Iran's I mean, the people are pretty sophisticated people.
Speaker 2: They do have a way of knowing what's going on.
Speaker 3: But to your point, you're right, Ran shut down the Internet for a period of time.
Speaker 2: Don't know if it's open yet or not.
Speaker 4: All right, scare for Schumer.
Speaker 5: Then, a minority leader, Chuck Schumer had to be taken to the hospital. He was working out apparently and started feeling light headed, so they, out of an abundance of caution, took him to the hospital. He was treated for dehydration. Not really surprising. It's been one hundred degrees in DC.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, crazy temperatures over on the eastern seaboard.
Speaker 2: I mean insane.
Speaker 4: He put out a statement afterward, and he said, I want to remind everyone to drink water and stay out of the heat.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 6: He's okay, yeah, all right. Drones in the Police Department.
Speaker 7: We do have drones here in Los Angeles with the LAPD, but they have very or have had very specific uses. Those nine drones were restricted to narrow set of dangerous situations, you know, barricades, barricaded suspects, explosives, that type of thing. But citing success that other police departments across the country have had using drones, the Los Angeles Police Commissions said that it would allow LAPD deploy unmanned aircraft to routine emergency calls. So it's going to be you know, calls for service and the like. But these guidelines may other may open up other scenarios in the future, like high risk incidents, investigative purposes, large scale events, natural disasters, that type.
Speaker 3: Of thing, and putting on miniature machine guns on these drones.
Speaker 2: I'll show you you you damn right, they buzz around.
Speaker 4: Drones are great until they start shooting, until.
Speaker 3: They oh well, I mean they're great when they're shooting. It's just they're except when they're shooting at you.
Speaker 2: Then they're not so great.
Speaker 5: You get a lawsuit, and you get a lawsuit, and you get a lawsuit. The Trump administration has filed a lawsuit against fifteen federal judges in Maryland over the judges orders blocking the immediate deportation of migrants challenging their removals. It's ratchet up a fight with the federal judiciary. Lorie Levinson is a professor at Loyola Law School, and she says it's escalating the Department of Justice's efforts to challenge federal judges and is quite extraordinary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Instead of appealing or they're appealing anyway, the way you deal with the decision you don't agree with in the lower courts, you file a lawsuit against the judges. I've never heard of this. And what do you think the appeals court is going to say? All they're going to do is overturn a decision that they disagree with by a lower court, because that's the answer. So and by the way, I don't think that the appeals courts or the other courts are going to rule against all fifteen federal judges. And the way you file in federal court, you're filing, you first file to a a district court judge. So it's gonna be at the same level as this. So you got fifteen judges who rule one way, You're not happy with it, so you filed the lawsuit to another judge at the same level. No one's ever heard of this, but then again, you know, it's the Trump administration stretching the boundaries of what presidential power should be or what they want it to be.
Speaker 7: All right, I can speak for all of us who have hung out with astronauts, this is a pretty cool story. In addition to PRIA, you know, providing all kinds of information thinking about the early universe, and like the James Webb's Base telescope since twenty twenty one and it's launched there obtained all kinds of great data right already known planets beyond our Solar system, things like that. But for the first time, they actually discovered an exoplanet outside of our Solar system that wasn't previously known about.
Speaker 2: Almost seen. They've seen the actual planet here it is that they do.
Speaker 6: It's a young gas giant, just like yes, Bill.
Speaker 2: No, you've been regarded as a young gas giant. That's you.
Speaker 6: You're I'm rubber and you're glue.
Speaker 3: This is exciting because before the way they determine their planets, you'd be looking at a star and all of a sudden, the light diminished, tiny little bit and that's a planet going in front of it. Sure, yeah, it's reactive, right, this is they're actually seeing this puppy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's very cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna call it, uh, the Savedra like we have Mercury and uh we have uh, you know, Pluto, and we're gonna have the Savedra young gas giant.
Speaker 2: I want to go back to that because that's just great fun.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: A plan to build Baby Build has been blocked.
Speaker 5: A plan to sell more than thirty two hundred square miles of federal land has been ruled out of the so called Big Beautiful Bill after the Senate Parliamentarian determined that the proposal by Senate Energy Chairman Mike Lee would violate chamber rules. Lee has proposed selling millions of acres of public lands in the West to states or other entities to be used for housing or infrastructure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Two, this is legitimate on both sides.
Speaker 3: And which way do you go? Do you flip a coin or which political side are you on? First of all, the environmentalists and a lot of people are in an uproar over the selling of public lands like park lands, like national lands.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, how can you do that?
Speaker 3: And on the other side of the coin said, hey, wait a minute, we don't have enough land for housing. We have such a shortage of housing that we have to build more, and let's build it on these public lands. Although you know, who the hell is going to drive two and a half hours to the nearest town that I don't understand.
Speaker 6: I've been in a plane. There's plenty of land, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the bad lands of Yeah, the bad lands of Wyoming, if they're out there, a.
Speaker 6: Lot of there's plenty of land. Move somewhere else.
Speaker 3: Okay, there by water we are. And this was a technical decision. This did not do. This had nothing to do with the merits of the case itself. This had to do with a technical issue that the uh, that part of the bill just violates the Chambers rules.
Speaker 7: All right, So about twenty percent of the food that you're eating has the synthetic dies in it, apparently, so fruit, snacks, cereals, these types of things that are on the grocery store shelfs we walk by at least weekly, and they're in places that a lot of people don't even you know, think they would be. Some of the are petroleum products, and all kinds of stuff. You got your red dye yellow five, these things that they're starting to get rid of and it's becoming a massive issue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've talked about it. It's starting years ago. You talked about this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't listen. We're past the esthetic point. If it's just if it's for esthetics, and we should look at these things because if they don't add any nutritional value to the food, get rid of them.
Speaker 5: Amy lightning didn't need to strike twice. A single lightning bolt along a beach in South Carolina hit nearly two dozen people, including twelve kids. The bolt of lightning hit the water energized a metal cable that has booys on it that surrounds a swimming area. So a spokesperson says that several people had swam out to the buoys they were holding onto the cable when the lightning struck. Others were swimming nearby. They said, everybody got quite a jolt, so we're fortunate injuries were not worse than they were. Twelve people did go to the hospital. Six others were kind of traded at the scene, but nobody was killed, which just.
Speaker 3: Get really unique because lightning can certainly kill it. So everybody got quite a jolt, as the authority.
Speaker 7: Said, number of gray whales migrating along the California coast is dipping yet again this year, dropping to levels that we haven't seen since the nineteen seventies. There are now likely fewer than thirteen thousand gray whales migrating along the North American Pacific coast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they're neat animals.
Speaker 3: You know how you can tell a gray whale it's gray, Yeah, pretty much. And they're big, and they're big, and they're gray, and there's no synthetic dye on them, so they're still say gray, great, And they don't know why. They think it's climate change that's affecting the supply and the plankton that they eat. Do gray whales eat plankton or they eat krill? No?
Speaker 2: Krill?
Speaker 7: No, But every time, this is the lowest it's been since the seventies. What was the problem in the seventies then.
Speaker 2: Well, you know it was high in the seventies. This is the lowest since the seventies.
Speaker 5: Gray whales primarily are bottom feeders. Their diet consists of small shrimp like crustaceans called amphipods.
Speaker 2: Amphipods are also known as krill.
Speaker 5: They also consume other bottom dwelling organisms like tube worms, small uscs, and small fish.
Speaker 3: M m.
Speaker 4: That doesn't sound very.
Speaker 2: Appetizing, no, is it? A? Are they baleen whales?
Speaker 4: What's a baileen whale?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 3: A baileen whale has basically in its mouth has this giant filter and it filters out They huge gulps of water and it filters out the krill.
Speaker 5: It looks like it because they do the skim feeding thing. They can skim the surface for playing.
Speaker 2: In ye es feeding like that will clearly every time. Okay, moving on.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: McDonald says it's misunderstood.
Speaker 5: McDonald's is issuing a response to a call by an activist group for an economic blackout of McDonald's. The People's Union USA is asking customers to boycott the restaurant because it has apparently rolled back some of its DEI initiatives. The People's Union says, h in part, it's because of false DEI promises and also because McDonald's exploits tax loopholes and supports politicians who threaten democracy.
Speaker 2: Stop it.
Speaker 3: Oh good god, now there was a problem. They did give up the mcquoke one of their hottest selling burgers.
Speaker 5: Gosh, gosh, gall he I think I think, I think we're done.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you think? Guys?
Speaker 6: You want to hear about trump nomination for the NOBIL.
Speaker 2: All right, yeah, the Trump Yeah, the Trump Peace Prize.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So the chairman and you Graine for its Fairs committee, says that he has lost any kind of faith in mister Trump's ability to end the war, and so they took it back.
Speaker 3: Anybody can nominate anybody. I mean that is that this is merely a PR stunt for real. Okay, KF I am sixty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.