Speaker 1: This is what's gonna happen. I'm the podcast for missif Trust, now joined by.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm the Skywalker. Let's finish it. It's Disney. Well, welcome Taylor.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Hello, seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: I just lugged into my Twitter for the first time. Look at this. Look at the screen chair. I can't even screensh.
Speaker 1: Hang on, I'll bring it down. I'll bring it down. Hang on, hang on, I'll bring it down.
Speaker 2: Like Gus Taylor. First thing on my on my Twitter account? What is that?
Speaker 1: What is this?
Speaker 2: What is that? But?
Speaker 4: What's a junk?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't even follow this guy. It's just on my Twitter.
Speaker 1: This is you know, Chris. I apologize, but you're not used to these shenanigans.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Christmas.
Speaker 3: Let's see your Twitter, Chris, pull it up. It's not that interesting, I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 1: Everyone pulled their like tweets. Everyone pulled their like tweets, and we'll go through them. Well great, yeah, four months Well yeah, okay, so I guess we should stop for a second. We'll go we'll go back. Christopher Abbott has officially been cast as Charles Xavier where am I a getting this from? So boom there look at this. Wow, there you go. Any arret has been cast as Wow, well again what a fucking massive Yeah, what a year, what a career? And that to me, that's more like it. Her as rogue, not mystique, not as like ah yeah eighth, No, no rogue. She's gonna kill it. She's gonna do so good. And I didn't believe this was gonna happen. I talked to many people that no, it's not gonna happen. She and I even thought she's talking too much about it. That is fantastic castings here and he has two points. He finally got a draft point in the in the thing. But let's go back here. So yeah, Chris Rabbit, he's Charles Xavier, so let's see what he's got. But that is definitely that's the big one. And I cannot wait to see till they have them all on stage there. But now, Kirklan, you gotta watch OBM session. You gotta see what the hype is about.
Speaker 2: I'm going to I'm going to absolutely.
Speaker 5: And you know I don't have much to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that an obsession.
Speaker 1: I think you'll you'll appreciate it. I mean like you'll you'll get it.
Speaker 2: It'll terrified me for for many years to come.
Speaker 1: And I Chris said, sorry to cut you off. Kirkland May fifth, twenty twenty eight. So we get Secret Wars in December. The very first movie, like we've heard rumored for a long time, the very first movie after Secret Wars will be The X Men. To me, okay, yeah, yeah, to me, that is the right move. Here we go, Oh my god, am Driver has the casts mister sinister Nathaniel ethics in the fucking fu.
Speaker 2: See that one gets me juicing more than the indie one personally.
Speaker 1: So I have been waiting them. Oh, let's see, got them. Let's see if I can get tear going on? Here? Do we got the whole cast together? I'm trying to work on something. You guys, get to see all the people I have on my notifications.
Speaker 3: Here there you do like tweets here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Here is the cast?
Speaker 3: Storm?
Speaker 1: Is that storm? That storm? But who is it? Is it the actress that when Becky? Let's see, so are we cast Emma Frost? Yeah? Come on, people, let's see. I'm not getting the right not vacations here. So I don't think Driver's actually there doesn't look like Kit Conn is confirmed as Cyclops. There you go. You got obviously Drake Shrei the director there. That must because who was the person that was first storm. Her name was Susie ben By ben Ba. Sorry, but I don't know if that's her. That's definitely not Jamie Lawson though, who people were thinking. So she's just chilling. But yeah, I've been waiting for Adam Driver and I'm happy now again. I still would have preferred him as Magneto, but him as Sinister.
Speaker 2: Is an interesting voice. Will we get that voice? Oh man, I'm so goosebumps right now over there.
Speaker 3: If that voice can go different ways too, dude, that's going to be very good for Adam Driver.
Speaker 1: So apparently he said in the video, Driver joked that he was playing Magneto before confirming he'll be playing Nathaniel Millbery Berry. They did the fucking Jennifer Cornwall thing. They changed his name. It's Nathaniel Ethics. But they did say it's an alias six essex Essex Yeah, thank you Essex. Yeah. They did say it's an alias, so it's it's gonna be probably he'll get that. But you know what. I've been waiting since X Men Apocalypse and again going back to times we've talked about that, like they teased it, nothing happened there, uh we I think Chris, we talked about some one of those casts back and they of like, hey, they should do Sinister because nothing in live action right. And as I've said before, I think Driver is would have been a perfect Magneedo as Sinator. It's something he hasn't done before. Chris, can you talk to this more than I can? Sinator has gone very flamboyant these last five years. Yeah, Drivers, Yeah, Driver's not done anything like that. It could be older. But here's the thing I'll always say about him, Driver, he could play a fucking broomstick. So that's very very exciting that confirm that may It'll be made and Jean Gray will be the lead. Well yeah, no, dumb, no fucking shit.
Speaker 3: It's done. We're Star Wars now.
Speaker 1: So who was that girl on stage? Though?
Speaker 2: I want to know too, stunt double.
Speaker 1: But so here's the thing I thought, Andre fit there.
Speaker 3: Made mya boid maya boid a storm.
Speaker 1: Maya boid is storm? Okay, thank you Renda this case, so maya boid Okay, so let's see what she's been. She's been she's a theater actress.
Speaker 3: See that's what takes me off. Why are we burying that everyone else gets a thing? Why did I think this?
Speaker 1: People don't know who she is? Right? No, true, I agree, but we just don't know like she holy shit she is. This is not a bad thing. She has no acting credits. She's just a broad.
Speaker 3: Oh good introducing maya boid a storm? What a what a feather in your cap?
Speaker 1: So it's a Broadway star. That So they're going for somebody and they're like, hey, we spend a lot of money, we're gonna get that Broadway star. But that's not always a bad thing. Hey, greatest actor in the world right now, Sam reied fucking Broadway star. But before I finish off, and since we're going around the room, driver he could play anything. So this is very exciting. I'm I'm super excited. Mister Sissors deserves his time to shine. Also, I thought with Magneto, I was like, oh, this driver really gonna do five pictures? Sinsor could I don't think he'll be a one and done, but he could be a one and done. Right, you could kill him off. And the other reason why me and Chris always talked about Sinsor being the league is if you want Scott and Gene to be the true leads of the X Men, what better way than to do the villain that's fucking obsessed with their plasma, with their blood, their genes. Like that is the perfect one, say, because then the Vilm's all about I want them, I want some like it puts them on a pestol. So Sinsor being the first film and the X Men, hell fucking yeah, I'm Driver.
Speaker 3: It's hell right move. But here's the thing. Sinator doesn't die because Senators there's two self self obsessed, narcissistic at that point. He clones himself so many different ways from Sunday, so he will be one that you think you kill you. He doesn't. He continues to exist, and you.
Speaker 1: Could technically do what they should have done with King. You could get a different actor in the future if you want it. It would even have to be Driver if he's like, you know what, I don't want to do the six X movie, Hey, let's do We'll get a different like the whole sassy sinister Chris. That could be like a clone down the line like, that's what but this.
Speaker 3: Is where you could eventually do a Kocoa era in Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, don't evenet me started. We're just getting ask I don't want to get curcroa come on, but but to.
Speaker 3: See But you say that, but here's the thing. What are we getting next year? Secret Wars? What have we heard? It is a? It is a they have not hidden it. This is based on Hickman's run of Secret Wars. So Hickman has been an architect. He's an architect now of the new Midnight line going on at Marvel two.
Speaker 1: So it's funny, Chris, how phase one of three you could argue, not the whole thing, but it had a lot of ultimate influences it did. Could you could argue now the like Doomsday and on maybe like Phase seven, six, seven, and eight are gonna have lots of Hickman vibes, like taking from those type of stories, right, Obviously there'll be some Claremont but I agree with you there, but yeah, we're gonna go one by one with them. Also the ones we talk about already we won't need to. But yeah, Chris, what are your overall thoughts you talk about sinsor wait than with Driver playing him.
Speaker 3: No, he is an amazing actor that has so many different ranges, you know, underrated at that in a way with what was the marriage story on Netflix? Yeah, yeah, a great turn for him. I mean he he elevates everything there, whether he's gonna be Sassy's sister, the main original way of Sinister, he his power, his height, what he brings to it, Like I can't wait to how he is going to use his voice to create the new voice for Sinister, because again we've seen it in the animated series. We've seen it in different interpretations, like he is a character that does it shows the sense of and then we say specimen. He is a specimen not only of an actor, but as as a physical being at that point.
Speaker 1: Like he's a big he's a tall guy Driver too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean again former marine and just yeah, bravo. I think it was great. I'm glad that they finally landed him into something because again it makes sense too, because he's not just gonna accept just any super er casting. This is something that he thinks he can bite his teeth out and treate something interesting.
Speaker 1: And again I'm I'm happy too because with the Law. I would have liked bing Neil, but the other rumors were of him and Striker or Shaw. I'm much more happy with him as Sinister.
Speaker 3: But but with that too, this is your name to get people there who don't know Indy Abaret, who don't know the rest of the cast. Ye sink at him that those are the two, but see sink sink is still coming up, but coming.
Speaker 1: After spider Man though, right, because spider Man for Spider Man.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying, like ad Driver is your biggest name of that.
Speaker 1: No, I agree, it's It's very much like Stewart and Ian McKellen for the first one, right, So no, I agree with you, Kirkland. Out of all the stuff that we saw X men Y, even more than the Doomsday trailer, it seemed like you saw that image of Adam Driver nex to sensor nonsensor yet but next to sensor you were you were juice. So how are you feeling?
Speaker 2: That? One's definitely the uh, the biggest wow factor for me? I I think just because I mean, yeah, there's been murmurs about that, but in the back of my mind, it just seemed like such a fleeting thing. Honestly, like Samara too, is Emma Frost like just knowing that now, like I'm just so hy podcasting, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: So funny Driver and weaving off that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm so sorry for that. But but for Adam Driver, Yeah, that's super super exciting and even just like getting a live action Sinister on screen, like he's such a freaking nature character and like he is a comic book looking villain, and I just can't wait to see what they do, uh with the live I hope they really keep it true to the comic version.
Speaker 1: Please be somewhat practical. I know, not the whole thing, but just I hope it's just not a whole.
Speaker 2: Lot going on with his with his whatever, like his like like the skin rib things though, like what are those things?
Speaker 3: But again his when Scott optic blast and he's got that green green kind of like goo coming out from the animated series.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be practical too, It's gonna be he's gotta bleed green, you know.
Speaker 2: So she looked like the first Alien movie this one.
Speaker 1: Taylor, what do you feel, Adam Drive or we're just doing specific cast now Adam Driver, mister sinister.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well I sorry, I missed.
Speaker 4: I just someone helped the boy for a minute there, so I missed what they kind of been the announced heir.
Speaker 5: So yeah, you got your points.
Speaker 2: Holy she never confirmed not to be in this by the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, so anyways, the voice in the new upcoming season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, you gonna get it? No, you fuckers, No, No, it's fucking it's Hunter Shaffer as mystique. So sorry, there's no road yet. But can you focus Adam Driver as it were?
Speaker 5: You fucking me out of my two points here?
Speaker 1: There's no two points. She didn't get casts. She didn't get casts. Can you just speak on Am Driver's miss Sinster.
Speaker 4: We'll get back to fantastic. Yeah, god damn, it asked me a bad night for me.
Speaker 1: That's like a driver you play Kyle Ran Come on, because the Indian I just lost my two points there.
Speaker 3: My lead is gone.
Speaker 1: Well, there's more juicer than Adam Driver.
Speaker 4: Adam Driver as fantastic because mister Sinister is an incredible villain, and coming off of watching the retro for the X Men animated series, just being able to really appreciate how freaky and fucked up that character is, I think it's gonna be really cool seeing how dam driver kind of delivers that portrayal. But yeah, just to get him in live action, I've just been I've been kind of craving it for for a little bit actually, so I'm super stoked on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So do you hear something that they wouldn't for like a theater actress like that is no like back, she has no credit. Well and for rogue, this is who is for rogue? Uh now, our fucking the Indian never has been cast as rogue.
Speaker 3: Something to say, Kurkle and I are dying over here, just say is broken?
Speaker 1: Almost damn it you guys, But that's ro That's why I had to go over you. That's what we talk about that. Yes, no fucking mistique, it's Row. That's a real role right there.
Speaker 5: Taylor, So her and Channing Tatum, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: But first of all, congratulations, you've got some points on the board. So you got two. That was your double star. So Taylor, people don't know supero draft. We all draft ten actor actresses. Taylor's had the worst luck ever with this draft. He got Indie and he made her his star pick, which means you get two points. So Taylor offse U see obsession. Also, you just had about the draft Poe, But what do you think about her being Roe no Mostique rumor she is Rogue?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's that's fucking huge. I mean that's that's a that is a big mainline X men right there, holy smoke. So it's interesting to know what those talks were, whether or not okay, Like maybe the agent was like, hey, Mistiqu's on the table, you know that, and maybe she was pushing it like you know what, like Mystique's okay, but I want someone that's more of like a heavy hitter. And maybe there is a little or they just use that as a smoke screen, right, which is probably more likely actual or or it could be that, yeah, the rogue thing fell out for spaining and they're like, hey, you want this, and like, yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: Because a scoper did put out that Beast and Mystique have not been cast. They're in the movie, so they didn't lock down Melton and I guess Mystique's in this, But again, to me, that is like, uh, I think Indy is too big for that. So I will be very interested once we hear more about the indie casting. Who you know or who knows. It could just be fake stuff the whole time, right the same way Driver was rumored to be Magneto Shawshriker. They could be like, yeah, we don't want people to know it's Indy. We got that big surprise. She was the big surprise to Night Right her shown up. The rest of U kind of heard rumors this was a huge surprise of No, they locked her as rogue and you know it's gonna be a generational casting. I think I think she's gonna do.
Speaker 3: But you know, look at look at the casting. It is not a wide range of.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, it's a bunch of white people. Yeah, well Indy, isn't she She not Latino? Or am I wrong about this? Am I wrong about this? She's Mexican on Australian there, so she's Latino. Okay, you got you got the token, you got you got the token one you know, so you got that going on. Yeah, so we'll see what happens there. But yeah, at court, you know how much acas I'm seeing it. So, Chris, what do you think about Indy as a rogue? Big casting?
Speaker 3: Like I said, I've loved her and Superman Lois. I didn't realize it was such a kind of a drought at that point, hearing her story and how it came about loved obsession and the flower she's getting for what it is, I mean, this is this is a moment for her. I cannot wait to see it again. Oh fan, think that you know, if if it didn't work out for the previous actress at this point, she benefited and guess what you know? And again and you're doing that.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, and it's like, if that didn't like, I love Kalle Spainey and I do think, I do think if you're wanting to be that guy, the Colma peerist, I do think Kalle Spainey looks more like like rogue like than Indy does. But that doesn't matter to me because it's like you got a great actress to replace a great actress Like That's it's not like a big step down, right. So yeah, so but here is your official cast. Oh sorry ahead, Chris.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm saying at that point, if it didn't work out for her, you know how Figy works in the sense of it, and his driver is a proof proof proof of that concept. Okay, didn't work out for her to do this, we can find her for something.
Speaker 1: Else, exactly right. Look at the Driver was the first choice for read Richards.
Speaker 3: There's other X characters out there that can be part of this team later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. So, but here is your official cast that they confirmed so obviously in theaters May fifth, twenty twenty eight. You got excuse his picture. I don't why juggernuts and there just yeah, it's just what they use. You got Kit Connor as Cyclops, you got Christopher as a professor X. You got Smorrow Weaving as a Frost, got any that as rogue, Maya Boid as Storm and Adam Driver's missus Sinster. And honestly, with Maya, we we don't have much talk about because she has no cred. She's just a stage. But that's the thing where we have heard rumors that she is in Black Panther three. Do we have an age on Maya Boid. I know it sounds weird, but I just want to see what she is compared to David Johnson.
Speaker 3: Well, as you're looking at looking that up, yeah, the top. It's a very interesting time, at least in the comic world for X men. I'll be honest with you. Not strong, not even strong I mean, there really is not like post CORCOA. That's what our X men. The comics have been very down. Like I think there's maybe like one or two titles I follow right now that are keeping my interest. It just I don't need everything to be KRKOA. But it has not like post Corcoa era. It's it's I don't know what's going on in the ex offices right now?
Speaker 1: See And again it's like I don't know how this is a conversation for like an half an hour or something like that with a right now what not? Right? Like my parents almost ten years a part I grew with that. That's something else for this situation. My boy's twenty three and David Johnson thirty two. I feel less so that they're gonna do that in the movie. Now she could okay, I guess what I'll take that back Storm could still be in it. I don't know if they're gonna be love interests. They could, you know that could happen, Mike, We are going to get there. Star Wars apparently just dropped a new poster for Starfighter, and that's well, no, no, they dropped they just dropped a Starfire poster. That's it even didn't even play a teaser for the fucking audience star Wars. What do we do? I thought this was a layup. I thought even if we didn't get it, that's fine.
Speaker 2: You got it father. That's what they're trying to say.
Speaker 1: How are you not? How are you not showing a teaser for Starfighter? That movie's out in May. There's no d twenty three till then. What's going on?
Speaker 3: When did you say celebration?
Speaker 1: Is it is before? But it's only two months before, so it's like at that.
Speaker 3: Point, marketings are like, yeah, Mark, he's already gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yeah, well because that's where we'll finish the Marble stuff. We'll let Chris go and then we'll do the Ahsoka thing next. But yeah, it's just that's crazy. But yeah, so my boid. I trust the casting. They've cast many great people in Marvel, so clearly they want to get an unknown person or maybe it's a budgetary thing, like hey, we got to go there. But hey again, you talk about any avaret, talk about my boid. What a big fucking break for this person? You have no acting, like, no like on screen credits, just stage stuff and someone Foggy's watching some show that Sarah I can't remember her name is. I think it's Sarah Finn who's the caster, Like someone's watched the show that hey, this person could be a great storm, like talk about any Navarett, talk about my avoid what a story for her now? Right? So that's at least our X Men right now is Cyclops rogue Storm and then obviousely Gene Gray Emma Frost. We can't confirm because there's been iterations where she's been a part of the X Men. She's a villain anti villain, could go multiple ways, so we'll see. Yeah, Mike asked earlier, is it possible we don't even get Magneedo in this one. I'm down for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't need just like a pot, they don't need Magneto for this. They don't need Wolverine for this. We talked about last night. I think you do not get a cast for Wolverine until after after any of this. You don't need them. And even then, like you know, you don't know Phoenix for a while, stay away and.
Speaker 1: We don't even know people. Please, I still think people need to buckle up. I think there's a good chance Hugh sticks around after Secret Wars and if he's sticking around, that means Wolverine is probably it might not even be like another.
Speaker 3: Five to ten years, like we might be that that that opens the door to further with Laura Kenney and I wish any King. Oh they've heard they have the rumors that she's sticking around too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope. And I would love to shoose X twenty three that's Wolverine or she's just Wolverine. That's great. I would love to do that. Logan's done that. That said they want to do new things, so that's what that's going on there. But yeah, I'm down down for that. Taylor. Do you think Magnito can sit out for a little bit.
Speaker 5: I think for sure. I mean, look what we got.
Speaker 4: We got mister Sinister, right, and I mean just yeah, we've had Magneedle Puppin and every single you know, original X Men, X Men first class in different lights obviously, like where he's already well established, when he's just starting out and he's just kind of figuring out his powers. So we've got those different iterations of him. Keep him on the back burner. We don't need to kind of go into his bringing him right, away when he gets there always and we're already getting him a doomsday right and they're gonna kill him off on Doomsday. So that's great, let's deal with him there and let's just kind of let that simmer for a little bit so we don't need to rush into anything with him.
Speaker 1: Which that's a great point because with Charles, you like need Charles for the X Men, Like I like, I know some people might be like, there's tons of runs with up. I get it. I understand. I'm saying for the GA they associate X Men with also having Charles on the team. With Magneto, like you said, here, you can sit and Mike, like Mike says, so he could be a tease, he could be a fantas, he could be a fantos. He could be a Avengers Saga threat like you could tease him in a post credit you could build up to him Apocalypse obviously, Zertopia, the we're gonna get there, We're we're gonna get there. But uh, Kirkland, what do you think about Magneedo? And then also Chris, uh, do you we're gonna I remember you have the doomsday trailer one more time? Do you need to go are you gonna sit around for that?
Speaker 3: Now, I'll sit around till doomsday and then a bot so.
Speaker 1: You say, uh, Kirkland, you Magneto, I'm gonna pull that trailer and then we'll uh let Clay Clay's the movie. Well, let Chris go.
Speaker 2: Uh no, Magneto.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is he fine to miss out?
Speaker 2: I can't imagine he's that far away, you know, I get that feeling they're like, Okay, he's not here now. Maybe not this first project, but I could see him being like if he's not in that project, just like an end credit or something like. I feel like he is right around the corner. But after I saw you know, those names on the cast theme, like, I kind of just didn't really think about it. So I'm totally fine. I'm satiated with what we got. We're gonna mister like fuck, yeah, you know that that's the big juice or one like I was hyped on Samara Emma Frost. Obviously, I don't one of the Indianaverette attachment that you guys have because I haven't seen him session yet. But yeahs Smitster Sinister, that was an explosion of excitement in all the right ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's the thing too. Like I say this, Magneto one of my favorite comic book characters. I just felt combook characters. He's in the top ten for there. He can always like wolver Ranging and wait and pop up. So yeah, you do, says x we and three would be interesting about clashes with the whole first gen of X Men. Yeah, but we already don't have that though, right, Storm wasn't the first gen. If you're talking just the idea of the original X Men. Storm was not original member. It was Jean Scott, Beast, Bobby and and Angel worthingon right, So it's like they're already doing the Hey, we're not going to completely do you know the original X Men. I know what you mean, But that's why I would just be I would be down for them, and especially if they have Angel. There's been rumors about Angel, like her and Angel I have had a relationship in the comic book, so you could do that. I would be down a few Jackman's old wolver old Logan, and then you got X Ray three. I know a bunch of people, you know, actually not a bunch of people, A bunch of small little people be mad about it, like they were the Odyssey, and then the X Men will just be successful so that oh my god, there's a woman boy in the Wolverine suit. Fuck my life. No, and then people will go buy the ticket and see it just like the Lapida and Elliott Page Odyssey. Give me an Old's biggest movie, biggest Imax movie. Fuck everybody? Oh whoa Hugh Jackman has sent a video message to ask about joining Avengers Doomsday. So there, you know what's funny. So in calm okay around the room. Yeah, all thumbs up on vision quests, they say, yeah, we're all pipp about back can justice shore as a rock is covered in chills already yet the girl with comic Con they had Ryan Reynolds in the crowd saying hey, could I be a part of dooms saying oh, no, story, there's no room for you. Spoiler's just Brandon Dave, you don't want it. For thirty seconds, brand new day and credit alluding to another Spider Man, and now you have D twenty three with Hugh Jackman sending a mesh, hey can I be a part of this? They're doing the no Way Home thing again where they're telling you a Spider Man ak Toby, Deadpool and Wolverine are in this movie, but they don't want to fully show it, you know.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of us have said it, like Deadpool and Wolverine are an end credit scene.
Speaker 1: I think they're gonna be more now okay after Like I'm not saying like they're gonna be like the way Toby and Andrew were in No Way Home, but I could see them factoring into some final act or some mcguffin or something like that, or kind of like the way like the heroes that in Findy War were ended off. I could see something to do like that that. Maybe they come in there. I don't know, but I think they have more than just an end credit now because they're they're out and about saying hey, like Hugh Jackman should not be like, hey, can I be an Avengers here? He's in the movie.
Speaker 3: I understand what you're saying, but I think Deadpool being in Doomsday just doesn't totally fit for me, just in the tone they're taking with it. Jackman can't fit. I just don't see Deadpool yet. I can see immediately Secret Wars you can do that, but the way they're kind of building he seems out of place in Doomsday.
Speaker 1: I think what they could do though in Doomsday is obviously you have Deadpool like humor, comedy, fourth wall breaking. I think what they could do is maybe that takes a back seat. If he's just in one to two scenes, that doesn't matter. I think they could do is the same way how seriously got on Deadpool Overine worried about his whole universe being on. I think that's what they can maybe focus on, like, hey, he might drop like a quick here or too, but we're gonna really say, like, hey, this situation where Vanessa always people could die. So that's why he's gonna not be the fun loving Deadpool you know for now, right, So that's why I have Doomsday. I think if he's in a scene or two, it could be Hey, I'm I'm serious Deadpool. Right now, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Seeing what can happen right well, especially when you have the scene rere Loki in the TVA you're visiting Steve.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, one hundred percent. And what if too that in indeed with Wolverine, we leave with them having dinner with everybody happy. What if that's not the situation anymore on that earth anymore? What if something like you said, Chris, has happened, and now it is like it's you or me, you know.
Speaker 3: But that's the point in the sense of like where they're at at the end of Deadpool Wolverine, by the rules they've established in the sense of Multiverse of madness, if there is someone who is on an earth that shouldn't be there, it's gonna cause issues, it's gonna cause incursion. Wolverine should not be on Deadpool's Earth. That agree there, Wolverine.
Speaker 1: Not to interrupt you, Chris, but we do have the Avengers doomsday trailer. So we're bringing this up right now here we go.
Speaker 2: Oh this throne shot man.
Speaker 1: I'll make sure just you guys can hear it. Yep, Okay, let's do this.
Speaker 3: Here. Was always the smartest guy, and every year we go, I'm Victor.
Speaker 1: Look, I look at the ground. Though the green used to be different or love Spiffy, I'd see this.
Speaker 5: He used to be kind, he used to be caring.
Speaker 1: Oh she's grying, and then.
Speaker 5: Everything he loved was taken from him.
Speaker 1: As they've alluded the posters wife's son kid. Yeah, and I did not realize that he was broken. God, he looks good though, so wise, Victor diuld you do this.
Speaker 4: You all of you have used.
Speaker 3: Stolid He's coming right.
Speaker 1: That was your most giseful back all the morning. You know this. I swear you will beg for a hell long before I project lost to me the Sentinels right now, raising.
Speaker 2: It's it different from.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, I think those are the Sentinels again again, after after Spider Man, after all that stuff like this is gonna be much.
Speaker 3: Logo the XN movie has been released.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we're gonna hit hot and heavy here. Okay, we're gonna have to go. This is literally one thing we're gonna have to Okay, there it is. Look at that boom. A little rest. We will go back to the Avengers doomsday trailer in a second and maybe do a couple of scene breakdowns and whatnot. But you got foggy there, it's time. We're gonna get that cast. But uh, Kirklim, what is the What are your initial thoughts on that? I suppos thought he's gonna say I'm a victor? He might, But what are your thoughts on that doomsday trailer?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was fucking chills. It was great to see him just popping off doing his doom thing. I do really love the look. I love the aesthetic too of just like the dark and green and just destroyed nature of the of Yeah, the world that they're showing there and yeah, that one really goosebumps. Like eighty percent of the way through that trailer, like the trailer I was, I was vibing.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, Chris, let's bring up this doomsday trailer. Did you see this trailer? You were away when we were watching it. You're muted now, so because I didn't know that this dropped, Yeah, dropped, so as you can watch it after the fact too, when in a full trail, But yeah, this did drop here, So we got this glorious shot of Look at that.
Speaker 5: Talk about Aura farming.
Speaker 2: I think that room smells like.
Speaker 1: Potatoes.
Speaker 2: I was gonna I was gonna say.
Speaker 1: I'm not very We had the bist Pine in the world crypt.
Speaker 2: I think it's okay. It looks like Krypton a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because of suit. Yeah pine could be green lime. What if it's Limerick Lime? Ricky that it's just smell fun. You would get me on his team right away?
Speaker 3: Is that lime?
Speaker 1: Is that lime? Victor? I'm in, let's kill everybody you know, but yeah, or farming that got the lots of green. You know, I love green. So there you go. She's crying. We got her first look again official look. This trail did leak after coming. We got official look at Magneto office whistling. So I'm guessing somebody on Dooms team or Doom fucked him up. He's looking pre beat right now. He's not looking good. So there you go. You got Magneedo back, You got chan Dam's gambit, haven't wait? Yeah, I again. I hope they I worry more about him than Deadpool, you know. I hope they find a good balance with this character and how.
Speaker 4: He's is this obviously we're assuming this is the one that survived and teleport it out of Fitpool Wolverine, right, or is this just the same looking gambit from another multiverse?
Speaker 1: We don't know. I'm assuming it's dead Pool Wolverine, but I guess we technically don't know, right, I would think thematically it would make sense for the audience to feel like that's the same guy. So you've been with him a little bit, yes, you know so, but hey, caution wise, like last time, looking great, got the head armor, he's got the fucking popped collar and everything. Great. Who else we got here? We got Chris Evans, Steve He's not looking too good. And this is where, again give them credit. In the first post or they released for Doomsday, it had this image of the wife and the sun, and I like that they're leading with that there. I feel like we're going to get a very Spider versus Kingpin type of storyline where it's very much he is driven by his wife and son. Yeah, whatever Doom's wife's name is, it's gonna be very similar here. But one thing to talk about. We got the green eyes, got Doom. No, no Downy face at all? Are we gonna see his face at all?
Speaker 5: They kept it a secret until this movie came out.
Speaker 1: Like they won. They were worried about the ticket sales, right, but could you imagine that if it was a secret.
Speaker 2: Insane nuts.
Speaker 3: The amount of security that they would have to do.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no. Remember I had a good theory. I said what they should have done or that comic con And now it's that Downy's back is iron Man and lie to us and and then and then and.
Speaker 2: Then that's what they gotta do.
Speaker 1: They do it all the time. Those trailers. But imagine that because if we don't see our man trailers saving for the movie, they're saving for the movie, and if that mask came off, he'd be like col you know. But again, I think they were just worried about ticket sales and promotion and they just want to get it out there that hey, Donny, we're doing something radical. But do we do we see Downy's face at all before the movie? I don't think so.
Speaker 3: No, we don't know, and I think the rumors are to be true. It's going to be very much towards the end of the movie. Russ have talked about already that there will be an explanation of why he looks like Tony.
Speaker 1: Which, you know what, I will give them credit that I don't love. The cast is Downy as doom. I think it's obviously yeah, very like low hanging fruit, like Chris said. But if they don't show his face, there's some ballsiness to that too in the marketing of not showing like Danny, because there's gonna be tons of people that watch this movie that still actually have no idea that that's Downy there, you know, like it will be one of us nerd friends being have to be like, yeah, that's you know, that's the guy from Appenheimer, you know, like.
Speaker 3: That's chaplain right.
Speaker 1: Chaplain, Yeah, that's a guy from Fuck what's that dog weeton Allen Shaggy? Not one where he turns into a dog. Remember we waltered the dog something like that. We got We got the tallest man the fucking world, Winston.
Speaker 2: See the thing he's probably standing behind Winston Duke, who was the one.
Speaker 3: Who was saying like, he's the same height as the thing that you and.
Speaker 1: These guys last week. Well he wasn't, but he no, he's taller than the thing in.
Speaker 3: The like when you guys were looking up like the this week when you were looking at the heights and they were saying basically the same fight.
Speaker 1: I was with you.
Speaker 5: I get the heck at six foot one inches and he no, no, this.
Speaker 1: One he was agent sin right there, John Walker. He got nay more going on. So he got the team. Good to see Sanchi again after his.
Speaker 4: First seven feet almost forgot about who Winston Duke so in Baku stands at seven feet.
Speaker 5: Winston Duke plays the character and stands six feet five inches.
Speaker 3: He still looks even big back to the image of you know, we're all assuming right now it's his wife and kid later in the trailer with all the different kids being but this puts my theory even more into play that he's going after the kids. They're exactly what he needs for power. And I think that again, Steve is in the Fantastic Universe. He that's he's hiding out.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, yeah, And it's definitely whatever it is, it's kid centric, like he he's going to use these kids and even says.
Speaker 3: It all our power is based in some way, shape or form.
Speaker 1: This this show right here, man, whatever you want to say. The costuming for Doom looking looking spiffy, looking juicy, it's got that. Where where where is Shaka mousat? They they I'm they're showing me what doctor Doom's looking like in this and I go, hey, hey, what is this stuff? That's the costume there? And I love again we taught most people were worried we're getting some good scenes of Victor with Red where because obviously that's the big riles And we're like, oh, they gott to skip over that, and I I guess we had heard this before. Again, I like that he is confrom review from the four Universe, and they have a history just easier in my opinion, you know, yeah, don't do Yeah.
Speaker 3: That was that was that it made sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'll play the audio again for this part because it's talking about the kids. So I'll do this for this.
Speaker 4: So a few.
Speaker 1: Have lived.
Speaker 2: Stolen lives, you must give them back goose bumps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I get I'm liking Danny's voice that fast.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: And you look at them with stolen lives, you can argue, and man should have died. He was supposed to. He could have got snapped or whatever in infinity wore right, So stile light there, ob save lots stuff going on. Franklin, we know something's going on there. Actually, yeah, I don't know about these two yet, but I think it's like explaining that in the movie. Also could just be act McCollum. Already.
Speaker 5: Look he's looking poor guys, just been through the fuck.
Speaker 3: New Jersey. He's already really sad. So Jersey's gone.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens there. But obviously they could be someone him and psyclasts. We don't know. But then Austin, you have the baby. This baby shouldn't exist because Steve went back in time and she did this. If you remember he made a deal of fucking attorney or whatever.
Speaker 3: Right, she she has the power, she has the power cosmic in her.
Speaker 1: So again it.
Speaker 2: Looks like like a young Ryan Goslin here in this photo.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know what's going he's playing her actually, but no, and again it's I didn't know if she was what her role would be. But then you have Loki, who obviously the king of soul lives. You can say and even then, like this is kind of fourth wall breaking of saying she shouldn't be there because like technically right.
Speaker 3: But that's that's that's Captain Carter in the back.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no, ghost, you're right, you're right, you're right, you're right. The only reason I know that, Chris is because someone already I saw that with the last year. Someone thought was Carter, and I'm like, oh, let's go. They look similar, they have a similar like, b there's the long hair. But you're right, yeah, yeah, it's wavy falcon on the Avengers, little big ass falcon. But like even though I'm saying that, like technically she was not supposed to be there, right, she wasn't supposed to be this black panther, so in a way, she's living.
Speaker 2: Like knna incorporate that plot. No, no, no, no, I'm just going to call her Letitia.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying they could do something like T'Challa wasn't even supposed to die at that point, right, Like it was kind of like a something like like you imagine that if Steve fucking when the universe called Alla to die and she finds out. I was like, fuck man, like I lost my brother because you wanted to fuck Peggy Carter like fuck you man, like what are you doing here? So we got them and James Morrison looking look into my side, man, yeah, get out here. And then this shot there doctor looking like Baltimore.
Speaker 2: We'll finish this how we started.
Speaker 1: Tom great to see Pedro, Yeah yeah, get in there. This was the same play we've seen before where he goes for the you know, we got him using magic and sorcery. Again people have been like always that strong. Nope, Remember Doom uses magic and sorcery stuff and witchcraft. So that's what's stopping the hammer. It's not Doom being so strong, it's you know, and then he resurrects these sentinels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's Oramaxine.
Speaker 1: And I think we talked about this our last in person cast. Kirkland didn't see it. This portions of the scene did leak, and we're on the internet a few months ago people were rundering its a or whatnot. I've seen It's just like a minute a half scene. But this was the fucking The setinels weren't there because it was pre Viz, but it was Doom doing this exact same fucking pose with like the exact same framing everything. So people be careful all that, especially when we get close December. It's gonna get really bad out there with leaks and stuff. Just tell yourself it's eight if you see it. That's what I do nowadays.
Speaker 3: That's one thing I want to say about this. When we talked about when Kang was supposed to be the plan, yeah, I had said, knowing what I knew about when the original title of this was gonna be King Dynasty, I said, I've read The King Dynasty and and in that that twelve issue arc of Avengers, the Avengers lose and they lost, and I've said before they're gonna they're gonna lose even worse than Thanos in this movie. There that Kang was that much of a threat. They are making Doom as much of a threat even in his first introduction of this. They're showing his power very very well, I think, to show that he is. He may just be the first thing, but he's not going to be trifled well.
Speaker 1: And the big thing they're doing is they're showing all the heroes looking fucking scared shitless, which is like a good idea.
Speaker 3: Almost thory been said. Like in that first trailer, it's like I've seen him go against everything you know and better better heroes have died and the faces saying yeah that you aren't it, you aren't the hero. They're gonna win this.
Speaker 1: And again, we talked about this all the time, right with the big beams in the world ending. And don't get me wrong, I'm sure Doom's trying to end some worlds here. But what has more steaks is showing all those kids and being like Doom want something with them. They general audience, everybody will click way more into and understand that we can't conceptualize our entire planet Earth blowing up, right, but we can conceptualize losing a son, a daughter, a niece, a nephew or grandson whatever, and if it's hey, and that's what even to Chris's point, that makes them more scary. Fanas like, oh, I just want to randomize things. Put in half. This is like I'm gonna take your fucking kids and I don't know what I'm gonna do with them. I'm gonna use their powers. I'm gonna maybe kill them. But those people that you hold dearest, I'm gonna take them, like thanos, you had more better chance of surviving because it was like, well, it's gonna be random, this is doom targeting them, and that's what makes them scary, you know. So vis request artwork right there.
Speaker 2: It kind of looks like the tire terror or avengance right.
Speaker 1: Looks like a giant PECKA wait, but what on monster? That looks like my husband's what on monster?
Speaker 3: Not out? You know what that gets When he made that announcement and just like that quick thing, it's Austin powers for a thing. And when you said very quickie, yes it's happening, and that was it, and people were shocked to say, I'm not shocked. I'm not shocked at.
Speaker 1: All nowadays again. Nice, Oh we didn't even talk about that. It's releasing in October.
Speaker 3: Oh they did.
Speaker 1: They dated it, Okay, yeah, that's what discussing film has there, so they got so it's gonna be a couple of months before in Findy War.
Speaker 3: So that then kind of rounds out the stuff that we've been wondering when Friendly Neighborhood drops. A Friendly Neighborhood will probably be in September.
Speaker 1: Then, unless they kicked them next year, right, they said this year, but they could always they could if they wanted. But Paul Bettany says, no one who dies in the Mall of Universe stays that. Everyone gas and questioned Wanda for freaking sure unless Ken says, guys, yeah, it's like the Whatevers. First trailer's got for a vision quest. I'm gonna pull up obviously. If you want a gentlemen, want to watch it by yourselves and your thing, you can, but we're gonna be streaming it right now. It's just hang on, everybody, it's coming here regards two minutes. I just saw snow Vision. Can you hear that? Before you started working here? I remember when you was coming all the time of that verted I was a different then.
Speaker 3: How about know.
Speaker 5: Anyone waiting for you tonight?
Speaker 1: M fuck haunting.
Speaker 4: It's just like one of my shake clothes.
Speaker 1: It's like, okay again weird. Oh, I was an avenger, but I'm not a hero anymore. I have his face, but not as virtue.
Speaker 5: Well I have is his name Welcome Home.
Speaker 2: Vision ms.
Speaker 1: Human avatars only, so I cannot overstate the dangers of keeping him around. Yes, but he is a dad papa people. I'm a stranger to myself, not a family. Wasn't real?
Speaker 2: Are you sure about that?
Speaker 1: I had a mother, a machine called a vision muzzles off. It's a boy. Oh is this possible? Free a song and save your son. I wish to understand my pups.
Speaker 5: With a genocide womaniac side your head.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, nothing. Bonds of family together quite like Mortal Jeopardy, got it all right? You know what. They can cut a good trailer, so you never know. But that looked Dang, that looks.
Speaker 3: Very that looks even. That's one of their christistuh kind of styles of filming.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent Kirkland and feeling it.
Speaker 2: Chills.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that looks cool. It looks very much fun like Wanta Vision the weird way, but also the yeah, gooky, dark and scary. Spader looks like he's gonna have fun right away. And I love that they're leading with the like fuck, why am I forgetting not wicked? Who's his other son?
Speaker 3: Tommy?
Speaker 1: Tommy? Thank you? I love that we're not doing the fucking mystery box thing.
Speaker 3: We're not doing Oh no, this is a mystery box. This isn't what we are.
Speaker 1: But I mean, like, I mean, like right away, that's the right. It's like this is one of the kids. It's not like who is because it's one of these things where it's like, okay, like what they do with Wickan right where it's like we don't want to say who he is. We don't know. It's like, okay, we all knew. I love that right with it. No, this is Tommy. He's gonna be looking for him. That right now is the pitch, right is Vision's looking for his son. And I think that's a great way to go. And No, I thought that trailer was damn ye really good.
Speaker 3: Like I said, he he is very good at doing this metalist stuff. Metallist ask you, yeah you know, yeah, you get tom King vis I mean, yeah, it's I think again, this is another one that you're taking the idea, you know, from the story vision, little elements of it. I do not think this is going to be a already from the trailer, it's not a it's just him exploring.
Speaker 1: Yes, as he said, you're not getting bit in the school and everything. And yeah, and here's the poster. Taylor, obviously you know your big old trun guy. What do you think about that trailer. I'm pretty hyped on this.
Speaker 4: I mean just yeah, getting Ultron back in the flesh and in his metallic I'm pretty I'm pretty hyatoric.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be awesome. So technically it's not you know the title vision questions from a storyline in The Avengers, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so October fourteenth, so they're releasing those on the Wednesdays again, so there you go, or late than there, Yeah, of course, but yeah, no, I thought I thought that looked great. Also, he asked me a trailer, give me or just a trailer. I make sure it looks good. But what they're what they're pitching me, I go, I like that. I like that Spear looks fun beer too.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen him like that. In a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm curious why Vision is just working like a day job, because I feel like, couldn't you just go rob like not rob a bank, but like, you know, take some money from some criminals or something.
Speaker 3: Right, But I mean, but but you say that. But it also fits in the sense of like he has no concept of needing anything like.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: He just wants to do something to pass the time, to kind of watch people take in, ask some questions, you know, him going around. It looks like an antique store, right, it looked like or a hardware store or something like, you know, kind of.
Speaker 1: All right, So so apparently they're saying they're getting in the doomsday. So we'll see, hopefully we get that doomsday trailer. But yeah, I think it sounds like another one already. The tickets on sale, Chris, you know, you gotta get going, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 3: There was that room. Everything was going to go on sale with it. Yeah, went out