Speaker 1: Yo, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Everybody? Welcome to a new episode of My Canticass.
Speaker 1: I'm kid, Dave, I'm groovy.
Speaker 3: You can hear our guests already excited for that one. Hilarious.
Speaker 2: We got Summer here and we got special guests.
Speaker 4: Uh, Anthony sales and marketing lead over there at light Scott looking for joining us today.
Speaker 2: This has been this has been in the making. We've been talking about it for a while.
Speaker 4: You and Summer linked up at an event and then they got booked and we got back here.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, Summer she locked in and me and the boys we've been tight for a long time. But as soon as I told Summer she was like, okay, I'll schedule you.
Speaker 4: For That's pretty much how it worked.
Speaker 6: That shit done. Prompt Anthony, I will have you by two o'clock.
Speaker 3: Summer makes shit happen. And that's why we love Summer.
Speaker 7: If you haven't checked out Summer Summer Sky, check her out on all the socials. That's Summer Underscore Sky with four wives. I haven't nailed down, you know, I've said it so many times on the on the Wake and big stuff.
Speaker 3: For you, I go, oh yeah, well we try. It's the team here. You know, it's a team effort. But we're so happy to finally make this happen.
Speaker 7: We're so finally, so stoked to make this happen because, like Anthony said, we've been trying to make this happen.
Speaker 3: We've been seeing We've seen light sky our farms around.
Speaker 7: If you're in the mi I market, you know the light sky because I guarantee you tried something. If you haven't, now you're about to learn.
Speaker 2: There how many awards, Yeah, we.
Speaker 5: Have over fifty I believe I think we're fifty two or fifty three. Most of them are first place, most of them are four carts.
Speaker 3: And literally the cleanest go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like it's crazy. We have a second place in the World Cup for CBD. Wow.
Speaker 5: Soang, that's a couple of words.
Speaker 8: Yeah, sh sh waters Yeah, and honestly, well, we also just saw when we were at the place at the the Grow and Burton, we saw all the wars are sitting on the counter.
Speaker 7: So really really cool because we actually just did the Grow visit. I'm sure you've already seen the content because I'm sure we put that out prior to this episode. Dope, But yeah, usually we start the episode just kind of get a background on you, Anthony and what got you into cannabis, which got you into Light Sky, and then we'll get into history and what Light Sky Mission is.
Speaker 3: And yeah, you know.
Speaker 6: I've watched a few episodes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, behind the scenes, man, he's been he's been saying all day, and I'm groovy.
Speaker 3: So I've been, like I like, honestly, even coming into it, I was like, here we go.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, first of all, shout out to you guys for what you do for the coaching.
Speaker 6: Man, you know, appreciate it.
Speaker 5: There's not too many people who put their time and energy into doing something that's not like growing weed and selling weed, but still being part of the culture. So really appreciate you guys as being like young professionals let's just dope as fuck.
Speaker 2: Appreciate trying trying to bring good voice to the community, to culture.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you guys are fucking killing it.
Speaker 5: So about me, I you know, started smoking weed maybe like junior year of high school, probably like a good amount of people junior senior year really just hanging out with the wrong crowd smoking weed. And it wasn't until you know, maybe like twenty twelve of just you know, a lot like groovy story, like trying to really figure out what I'm gonna do, just kind of like living life, hanging out, doing drugs, selling weed. You know, I sold weed from senior year of high school up until a very long time, and I think it was twenty twelve where I got into a little bit of legal trouble for selling weed.
Speaker 6: You guys know how it is. I know you.
Speaker 5: And they tried to get They tried to do everything they could depend me. I mean like fifteen SWAT team members.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh no shit, you're like you guys, you guys really got a similar head.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that I got raided. I was trapping.
Speaker 5: I never did a crazy amount of trapping maybe like uh ten, he.
Speaker 3: Only did what he got caught, but he only did what he got.
Speaker 6: But not anything crazy, you know.
Speaker 7: But I know, but like even like nickel and dining, trapping, it just kind of makes you feel like, I mean, dude, we were hustling yeah the day too, Like that's one of our first tickets when we were like eighteen nineteen years old, was.
Speaker 3: Like for a bunch of bought and stuff. So that was before the raid. So I when you said you went through a trade raid, like, yeah, yeah, they.
Speaker 6: Came in, was at your house, kicked my door down?
Speaker 5: Uh we trailer? Yeah no, yeah, fucking well, so I'm so I'm back then. I was hustling so much. I was arrogant, right, So they came and banged at my door in my fucking oh my.
Speaker 6: Who the fuck bang of that month? Dude. So I went to the door, swung that bitch open, like what's up? You want smoke?
Speaker 5: And it was a dude with like a little the lanyard right with the badge on it. He's like, what's up you, Tony? And I'm like, so, I just closed the door behind me. But long story short, you know, I dealt with that. They came in like fifteen deep, raided the crib, and thank the Lord, I had sold so much of it like the day two days before, so I really allegedly.
Speaker 6: So I really they didn't catch.
Speaker 5: Me with barely anything, but they tried everything because of how much money they spent. I mean fifteen counted fifteen different swap members, and I'm just thinking, like, dude, this is crazy.
Speaker 6: A little me, I love me.
Speaker 5: But since so after that, I decided to kind of switch my focus and to stop selling weed because that wasn't really doing anything for me, allegedly.
Speaker 7: And switched over to like working with music artists.
Speaker 5: And at that time, around that same time, you could go buy weed at this place called the Compassion Club, the Genesee County Compassion Club, right GC three, and you had to have your med card. So this was right like twenty twelve when people were starting to get their med cards and it was hard to get and I remember when I first got mine. I was so happy. And I started to work for this place called Lindsay's that is now planted in Burton, and yeah, and I mean it was a tobacco shop, but in the back you could buy weed if you had your med card.
Speaker 7: Allegedly you were Today's episode allegedly the word of to day, but.
Speaker 5: With the actual I worked with Lindsay for a while and that was the first person that took me to a high Times cup in Clio. You gotta say, like Clio is outskirts of Flint and I from Flint. So Clio's ten minutes for me, dude, I go to Clio off the top, I go see eating eating that ship right there.
Speaker 6: So when it was a cannabis event, on that large of a scale. Oh were there, bro?
Speaker 5: And I actually, you know, my wife girlfriend at the time was doing like cannabis smiling. There was this thing called four twenty nurses, like a throwback for twenty nurses, and she was doing that and then High Times came and they connected with her. And that was around the same time I got a job at a Vehicle City social and shout out Vehicle City, shout out Josh, you know, shout.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And so she was working with High Times, and they were working with High Times, so it just became very natural for me to get incorporated into that. And Danny Danko shout out Sean Black. Shout out Sean Black. They let me judge, I say, but they get super carts twenty fourteen. I remember that ship. I ain't gonna forget. They gave me carts, bro, And you got a think twenty fourteen.
Speaker 3: Cotton Wick Nasty five. Who knows what those carts it was all that.
Speaker 6: Or what, But there was one cart.
Speaker 5: There was one card that stood out amongst the red like incredible, one of the best things I've ever tasted, and it was Light Sky Farms.
Speaker 3: See that's cool. This guy goes back to the colt.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, And I remember that took because it was so different, Like it was so dramatically different from all the other carts. Then I was like, who the fuck is this? And so I stayed. You know, it's like a three day event. I stayed for the last day. He won a bunch of awards, so I found him. I found his tent, little riky dinky tin. And I don't know if you guys watching or hearing no anything about the high time stuff, but this was a like place where you could come and buy pounds. I mean you could just go crazy. If you had that card, you could come in and do whatever you wanted. So it was a different culture.
Speaker 2: It was so mind blowing my first time.
Speaker 6: They're like, oh yeah, the culture was completely different.
Speaker 5: And that's where I met Shannon, the founder of Life Guy. And I asked him right there and said, bro, do you have any cards on you? And he's like, nah, man, And it broke my heart. And sit there and talked for like twenty minutes, and then he gave me one of his person He gave me a personal cart, and it was like it was like that movie The Inside Out where it's like a core memory right, like, I'll never forget that because his motherfucker pulled out.
Speaker 6: He was like, well, this is lie, but you can have it did and since then.
Speaker 5: It's funny because I've been working with Life Skuy legally for about a year and a half, but I think I might have been their first salesperson because in twenty fourteen I was texting Shannon on social media and being like, when are you dropping?
Speaker 6: Where are you going? I will meet you there or buy all your cards and I will sell them.
Speaker 3: You're like the number one fan gun employee, bro.
Speaker 5: But it's crazy because it was it was organic, you know. It was just the best card, and he won year after year after and I judged every year, and the more I judged, the more I became cool with the high time they would let me Jude flower finally, but I still be like carts cars because I remember and get me my life sky card.
Speaker 9: I hitting the motherfucker that's still And you gotta think this was when a lot of the brands that are big big now we're starting and creating the marketing.
Speaker 5: I remember Church coming down with like sixty people from Detroit, all supermodels.
Speaker 6: Just like throwing money at this thing.
Speaker 5: Like, check us out, We're huge, right, yeah, I remember, I remember those days, bro like.
Speaker 3: But so.
Speaker 6: I was also always is in the corporate marketing.
Speaker 5: So when I went back to school, that was kind of my focus is to do marketing. I did corporate marketing for a while and I ended up the marketing manager or director sorry for a nonprofit. So I was the marketing grede for a nonprofit for a while. I was like in free after school program for kids and Life Sky and them had a relationship and I had a relationship with Life Sky as way just because right. So when I started, they were like, hey, there's this company that we're trying to do something with and we never could get it off the grounds called last Guy Farms.
Speaker 6: I said, oh, oh, I've heard him.
Speaker 5: To Cary real quick because Shannon though known fact, I saw him randomly in like twenty twenty at the Clio Cup cultivation thing at at cultivation Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 10: Across the street there's a store, the store on by Buddy shout out Buddy, and he would have a cup there, right, And I saw Shannon there one day, just literally laying on the grass.
Speaker 6: I'm like, what the.
Speaker 5: Fuck are you doing and he's like, oh man, I'm opening up like a grill and a dispensary and burdened.
Speaker 6: I'm like, no, you're not, No, you're not, dude, that's five minutes from my house. I'm fucking freak out right now.
Speaker 5: He's like, dude, I swear. So then he calls me like a year later, like hey, can you come take a picture? So I took their first company picture for light Sky Farms because I was in marketing right, so they called me to come do some marketing. I helped you a little bit of marketing, and then we had a relationship. So when I went to this job and they wanted to me in someone LFE Skuy, I'm like, yeah, I call him right now, get that shit done.
Speaker 3: You know. So really what got you? The light Sky was like secret, it just happening.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it kept happening.
Speaker 5: But me and Shannon were tight tight so like and we still are, but like shout out Shannon. I call him like, bro, I need some genetics from my home, bro, and be like come see me baby, like you take care of me at all times. It's always been my big bro. So yeah, they called me one day and they were like, hey, we love what you did with our collapse, it would there be any way you would consider working here? And I was like, I don't want to say we bro You know I already saw. I got a lot of trouble for that ship.
Speaker 3: I'm different transition back then, I'm Guccies.
Speaker 5: I'm Gucci plus I like the illegal market. I'm with the black market, you know what I'm saying. So this like corporate lyee ship was kind of weird to me. But then they showed me how much money I was gonna make. No, but seriously, because my whole thing is like, if I'm gonna come, I want to do the marketing side, and they're like, cool.
Speaker 6: And you can, but we really need sales.
Speaker 5: And at that time, I had never legally sold weed, right, so I really didn't have any frame or reference of what that even looks. Like how do you go in the store and be like, hey, wanna buy my wheat? Like what what are the protocols? How do you show up? How do you show out? Like I'm different. I like to be different. But at the same time, I've worked in corporate jobs where I trained people to sail, so I know how they sell, right, So that's what I'm thinking, Like, Okay, I worked at General RV Center, so I worked there for three years in the marketing department. But we would make videos for the sales team, right, so we would like have to help.
Speaker 6: Train them and like wa used to sell an RV right And.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so about a year and a half ago is when I started with last guy and haven't looked back.
Speaker 7: Yeah, honestly, that's pretty crazy because it's such a small world that you just kind of kept falling back into connecting r They are connected and they honestly right now you look at you're both about the light up some lights.
Speaker 6: Guy.
Speaker 3: You guys want to tell us what you're lighting up?
Speaker 6: You sir?
Speaker 11: Yeah, so this is some plak Farms bookie cookies, bubble hash joints.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's our point seventy five packed, so it's a full three and a half grams.
Speaker 6: Most five packs are point five's right, so they're two and a half grams.
Speaker 5: We always try to be a little different, Like I told you about that four gram can she has, right, we could have win three and a half grams, but we did four and it's nitro puffed.
Speaker 3: But with the hydrogen puff. We saw that.
Speaker 6: It's cool. What I'm smoking right now is.
Speaker 3: A West one of the donut.
Speaker 6: Disco and swizzle.
Speaker 5: So it's Disco number twenty four Flower with Strawberry Swizzle, rosin two and a half gram live rosin donut hand rolled by Fat Andy. The fourth shoutout you're gonna see like every time, how his attention to details.
Speaker 3: Just he rolled some freaking cans every time.
Speaker 7: I met him at a couple of events and just kind of kept crossing his past and he busted me with one of his uh.
Speaker 3: Just one of his roles before. I was like, dude, you just crush it. He's like, he's like, yeah, I just gotta sit here. Well he just sits there. Yeah, I've never had machine shot take.
Speaker 5: Him to a party and like, you know, we're mingling and stuff and you just sit down and roll. And the entire party, which is purd around him, and he won't get up.
Speaker 3: They know what's up. They know what.
Speaker 6: I was like.
Speaker 11: So he brings the party.
Speaker 6: Shout out Andy, I love you, bro.
Speaker 3: That's what's up man?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No excited?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so just light sky. We went there. We saw your girl. You guys have a a shop there. Anything you guys don't do because you were talking about vertical integrated. I think we did everything but distey.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, so we tend to not make this to it just because we don't have any products to put it in.
Speaker 6: We have the capacity to make. Yeah, we saw, we saw it just doesn't.
Speaker 3: So what they're talking about.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you this epic.
Speaker 4: We had a shower before even going to the girl. That was the first time and you've seen us. We've been going to the girls for a while. He's like, yeah, you guys got to go in there with the top.
Speaker 7: I was like, that's how clean it was. Are you getting clean? We making sure I appreciate it that I respect you. I respect you well.
Speaker 5: A lot of our growers or the people who work in the grow our growers themselves.
Speaker 4: You know, you know that's really good to hear because then you know that they care for the plan, that they're going to try to make sure that they produce the top quality because they want to smoke. But if they're smoking it, they want to smoke the best button. Right.
Speaker 2: You wanted to be clean. He wanted to be like hitting perfect the terms.
Speaker 4: So like, I'm all about that because that's exactly come back from you came from the arriacer.
Speaker 6: Every days it sounds like shout out to Dustin.
Speaker 5: You know, our head grower, our grow master. He's he's phenomenal at.
Speaker 6: What he does.
Speaker 5: He's got he's got a fire bro. Don't sleep on them. They're killing a lot of the enthusiam.
Speaker 7: Ma, dude, Well, because you're talking real quick. The issue is that a lot of these things you don't know what they're putting in. Is it added terms, is it disty like? And like I I I'm all for an infused joint if you tell me what's in it. If you just say, hey, this is an infused joint, I'm like, ah, you're hiding something. But like you know what I'm saying, Like usually they'll say live resident rasin Like they'll tell you what's in it if it's good.
Speaker 5: So, what I can appreciate about you guys is you guys are real connoisseurs, right. But you know I'm a salesperson, right, so I'm on the fucking ground. And what I see is that most people don't care right talking about And so then you get and here's one of those industry things I was talking about, those like random t things I was telling you about. Think of a brand like and I don't want to call anybody out, but let's say like a cheap infuse brand, right that sales they're infused one grams for like five dollars in retail.
Speaker 6: Well, those are four dollars wholesale, right, four.
Speaker 5: Fifty sometimes and sometimes that same store in retail is selling them five for twenty.
Speaker 6: So they're selling them at a loss.
Speaker 5: Why because the store next door is selling the same thing at a loss and the brand refuses to go, well, okay, this is the minimum that you can sell our product. So you're creating a product that you don't have a high margin on, that the stores don't have a high margin on, but that the customers are so used to in condition to getting at that price. And now you're pitching hole in everybody. So somebody like us who has an infused one grand bubble hash infused, it's gonna be a little bit more pricey than that cheap stuff. That's what we get compared to we get put in that same line of like, well three dollars.
Speaker 6: And some change.
Speaker 7: Ye're against like, and especially because if that's what it's going to get someone in the shop.
Speaker 3: Then you're then you're losing that whole customer now.
Speaker 2: So they're not even the same infuse though too, you're not even closed.
Speaker 5: But that's part of that education that gets lost from the butt tenders perspective, right, because the same the same way a brand wild just come to market without a real idea of what the market is and then just have to start hiring people because it's what they hear. Oh shit, I didn't ever think about having a salesperson ship. I thought I could just go say. I thought I could just call Jars and be like, hey, Randam, well you're not gonna buy my weed?
Speaker 6: Is crazy?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: You know? You need somebody to hit those streets. The same thing with a store.
Speaker 5: You can't just hire someone who's never smoked weed off the market and be like, hey, can you sell weed to customers for me? They're gonna sell what they see, right, and you asked me for thirty six percent? How many times? So I when I go into stores, I don't, I don't. Hey, I'm from lit Sky Farms. Here's some samples I vibe check. So I go in incognito. I just go in right and if I can tell they're weird. I'll tell them straight up, Hey, I'm a rep, but I'm just shopping. But I'll go in, I'll check the store, I'll check how they treat me, check out they treat the customers.
Speaker 6: It is important, right, It's.
Speaker 5: Not about coming in every store and being like, hey, carry my product, good luck. Right, you got to make sure that the store is as locked in about the culture as you are that you can even sell my product, because otherwise I'm just dropping weed off and being like, hey, look, let me know how it goes.
Speaker 6: Call me come me next month.
Speaker 4: Hopefully, well you won't be able that they're able to push that product too.
Speaker 7: No, it makes sense, honestly, since we're talking about all the products you have that demo.
Speaker 3: Let let's do this. No, we have to because look at this beautiful look at this.
Speaker 6: So this is this is.
Speaker 3: This is what how they show.
Speaker 7: If you never curios about gettinglight Sky in your place, these are some of the demo products.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you ever wanted some really good product, you know, I'm Donuts Solving.
Speaker 6: Less, so light Sky Farms.
Speaker 5: We kind of carry a little bit of everything, right, I like to start by showing people our program.
Speaker 4: Can I do like the four grand.
Speaker 2: It's nice separate you from everybody else.
Speaker 5: It's nitrogen puffed, vacuum sealed. That just means that we do everything we can to freeze it in time. Or should I say it's puffed with nitrogen and it's sealed, not technically vacuum seal. But I don't want people and the DMS like you're not vacuuming it. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. But yeah, as you can see, it's sealed, it's air tight, and the good thing about this is it keeps your butt fresh and it preserves your turps and it will stop your buds from being crushed and.
Speaker 6: Won't degrade anything. So this is how we like to do.
Speaker 7: Our No, it's nice that you take it that extra step because, like, let's be honest, I mean, like a lot of times it's just throwing in a package, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean some people don't.
Speaker 7: I mean some people think that next layer. But it's a key because not everyone knows story, especially when you go to the dispatchery. What have they store it wrong?
Speaker 5: So and not only that, but you know with the door opening, it's Michigan, it's cold, the thelar is going to try out. Oh yeah, all right, everybody's in my lars. We try to do something to stand out, be a little bit different.
Speaker 7: You know it does you gotta be unique.
Speaker 5: We have our Bubble Hash and Fuse five pack what we were just smoking on. They come in point sevens of full eight three and a half grams as opposed to the two and a half cram five pack.
Speaker 6: I have our tried and true.
Speaker 3: And this is what brought you to the company.
Speaker 6: Live Resent.
Speaker 5: Well not true, so Shannon, the first uh weight that he won, I believe was distilled Live Resent.
Speaker 3: Oh oh so.
Speaker 2: It's different formula.
Speaker 6: Now you're saying, okay, so yeah, so what he would do? I mean, look how you get this Poco Go Bro's.
Speaker 3: And is good?
Speaker 2: That probably tastes phenomenal taste. This tastes phenomenal.
Speaker 6: Look at some of these works.
Speaker 7: It might work.
Speaker 6: It might work.
Speaker 3: Sitting here for a while.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess from the story he told me is that he's.
Speaker 3: A ceramic on that though there's a ceramic core rather.
Speaker 5: Than ceramic core like this half gram, is that it's no c r C, no additives, no flavoring. We do the half gram because a full gram is gonna give you that runoff like you're never just gonna down.
Speaker 3: The ending of cards can be real. Ship.
Speaker 7: That's why I do actually prefer the less because it is your ruining point two and just taste it, butt.
Speaker 5: And you know you're not gonna just dab a whole gram consistently. You're not gonna take your rig put a whole gram in there and keep hitting it, keep hit the button again. Bro, You're not gonna do that. It's gonna taste horrible.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 7: And actually, you know, I really appreciate the APO of Gold because that's like a throwback string, you know.
Speaker 3: And when we were going through.
Speaker 7: Your grow, like, I love that, we saw a little mix of new experimenting R and D.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's that new land racer and you possibly have coming out?
Speaker 6: Yeah that Pakistani? No, Yeah, I mean, listen, we're super transparent.
Speaker 5: You know, we're working on stuff, and one of the things we're working on are land races. So we have the guy and the grow who has a connection to some of the o G land races. We did Pakistani, we did Afghan. I believe a couple of them, a couple of them hit the R and D room that didn't make it out.
Speaker 6: Remember, I was telling you guys about I was just.
Speaker 3: About sweet that you guys guys take it serious and I love that.
Speaker 7: Man. There's definitely procedure and I get just to touch in land race strains. If you're not familiar with all, it's like they were literally named on the where they were grown.
Speaker 3: At it. This is predating all the strange.
Speaker 7: There's somebody old. They are the oldest. God still love the carts.
Speaker 6: Yeah a punko go baby. It makes some old guys proud. Yeah, smoke breaking the damn you got to sticks though.
Speaker 5: I it's funny because I've always heard about it and it always sounded amazing.
Speaker 6: But now and twenty twenty five are like.
Speaker 3: I mean, I would still smoke now. We got donuts, yes, bro, and that ship is.
Speaker 6: Shout out Andy again.
Speaker 2: Man, dude, phenomena.
Speaker 5: Man, I know you guys like donuts. I remember you guys telling me, be honest, what do you guys think? I'm smoking that one?
Speaker 6: So far? I like it.
Speaker 2: Flavor is good, it's a nice buzz smoke.
Speaker 3: You changed flavor in the Rosin hits. I appreciate that. You get a rosin turt flavor clean as clean. Yeah, oil, it passes like, we don't got to do. We don't have the numbers.
Speaker 2: But I like the tip.
Speaker 3: I like it. Yeah yeah, it's midnight smoke your shutout.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 4: Sometimes sometimes you can't get donuts for the it's's just not a good flavor and that might ruin it a little bit.
Speaker 5: But I think the worst is when you go about to smoke it and you're like holding it and you pull out a little bit and it just pops out.
Speaker 6: The tip just pops right out.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, well dude, sometimes I hate it for a minute. Shits, I just walked up rotation. This is why that roller is.
Speaker 7: So important, because donuts can be like you spend I bought donuts more and disappointing because they don't hit all the way or that it gets like two gooey so you can't smoke it. I mean when you're spending sixty dollars fifty dollars, I mean yours is forty five, so good deal, but a.
Speaker 2: Lot of times they're fifty sixty dollars.
Speaker 3: You if you're gonna spend that much, you want to smoke all the way through.
Speaker 6: It was because of the discount. I just want to say that it's because I bought it.
Speaker 3: Are you I thought I said forty five on the wall? No?
Speaker 6: Maybe, well, I mean it is thought you got a better deal. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because you just got to go out and check them out.
Speaker 6: Go out and buy these though. Check best live ros and donuts in the market.
Speaker 2: Not smoking good.
Speaker 4: And I like when you can actually, like Groovy said, when you can finish it and you don't have to throw away like a quarter of it because it's so expensive.
Speaker 2: Like that's that's key.
Speaker 5: I want to ask you guys what you think about the market as it stands right now? Do you want me to show this to open it and with aspect like where it's at.
Speaker 4: I mean from what I've heard and been seen out there and just in recent news, it's pretty tough out there, just because like.
Speaker 2: People, companies are laying off people. That's right, you have a big some big businesses are closing up.
Speaker 3: I think it is.
Speaker 4: I think it's levelly now. I think we'll level out the next year or two. Like as in a lot of the bad players that you're just trying to grow to make money, I think will eventually weed themselves out because they can't supply and then the ones that can like you guys and all the like. I believe in our brands that are partner with those like old school Kitschen. Like you guys are building a brand. You know, you've came from the carrybase. You kind of know what you need to do to grow like and be able to stay going forward. I got to know your price to sound and stuff too. You know you good sales, good marketing. You guys seem to accomplish that. And you guys have been around forever too at the street credit. That's that's something that helps as well too. Some brands that just came into market in my opinion, and just started growinging like I just want to grow weed and sell legally. Yeah, it's a lot different. It's a lot harder market than what people portray it as in the media. It's the green rush making so much money.
Speaker 6: That's what they told us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're fighting every day.
Speaker 7: Well, it's kind of like one of those things, like with most things that will make you a bunch of quick money. It's like bitcoin, right, Yeah, you would have made a bunch of money if you would have got in early early, but now you can make you double your money and it's like a stock like whatever. But like I mean, to make that real money, you had to kind of be ahead of it. And that's why Dave hit the nail on the head there. When you have a culture brand, you already did that branding for years before the market came, so you're already ahead of these brands who were like, hey, let's try now. So I think that's what's nice about the culture side. But and then I think that's why Day.
Speaker 6: Is right with that.
Speaker 3: If you build that branding, that helps a lot. But I think a lot.
Speaker 7: It comes out to how you planned ahead with a lot of these companies, because when it was three four k pounds or whatever, now it's ten percent of that, maybe twenty depending on what you sell, right, So, which is crazy.
Speaker 6: But if you were.
Speaker 7: Stacking your bread and putting away from hit and you're and you were growing correctly.
Speaker 3: Like probably not a lot.
Speaker 12: Was blowing that money, I feel like you'd be okay exactly. But if you're like, hey, let's buy a bunch of licenses and keep stacking and let's expand, then you might have put yourself into a worse place because now you expand it to the point now it's even worse now where it's like I think so if you span it correctly and just like weren't I don't want to say greedy by any means, but not just chasing the almighty dollar.
Speaker 6: I guess.
Speaker 7: I think that's why you see some of these culture brands take the long because they weren't just for how much money I can do.
Speaker 4: They just wanted their ship to be on long term. He wants to be in business for two three years. For the low term fifty seven, Like, what do you think it's summer?
Speaker 11: The market, Yeah, the market in general is definitely tough right now, but I think it's definitely a good test for business owners and you know, people entering the cannabis industry, and I think they'll just make people stronger in the end.
Speaker 2: Competition's healthy, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 11: Competition is good.
Speaker 6: Competition is good.
Speaker 4: I think I know a lot of don't want to have like we can just have the limited licenses and stuff that Michigan has.
Speaker 5: That's the battle they tried to have in the up right, like in Monomine in places like that, they were real big on like no, no, no, But that's because we fight a different battle down here, down here damn near. A lot of the big players are related, right, so there's a lot there's a lot like family that goes on to where it's like, yeah, we're competitors, but we still love each other, but we're fucking fighting tooth and nail.
Speaker 6: I would say.
Speaker 5: It seems like it seems like a couple of years ago, and even when I started last year that the industry there was more positivity than there is right now. And I don't I'm not a negative person. I love to harp on positivity, not negativity. But what I'm seeing is a trend of people hearing that it's the gold rush and they're coming, I'm gonna create a grow and I'm gonna do it. But they have no real concept of what's going on in the market. So when they make the grow. Now I have all this weed, what do I do with it? I need to put it in stores.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: I did all the legal things, so it's on metric. I grew right, I had scaled up. I know exactly how much I have high test twenty eight percent. Good shit, what do I do. What's the easiest thing to do is you go to the big guys and you beg and plead, and you say, please take my wied, please.
Speaker 6: Buy my Wii.
Speaker 5: And then they're like, I'm buying weed for four hundred dollars a pound right now.
Speaker 6: And they're like four hundred dollars a pound. I can't even Oh my god, I.
Speaker 5: Needed at least seven hundred dollars to even break even, Like, oh, I was expecting a thousand, Like what do I even do?
Speaker 6: Right? So in that moment, you know, you go, well, can you do six? Right?
Speaker 5: At least if I lose, at least I'm not losing a lot. Right, I'm still making some money enough to get back and paid, and hopefully now I can go and this cycle over and over and over again.
Speaker 6: You not either.
Speaker 5: Having a sales team or your sales team not getting out there.
Speaker 6: Like what I see is if you have a sales team, like a.
Speaker 5: Core group of hard motherfuckers, that product is going to get out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, absolutely it's gonna get out.
Speaker 5: But if but if you're just depending on having good products, like it's.
Speaker 6: Not gonna get out those doors.
Speaker 7: No, I mean, listen, that's like people. I think sometimes people think with a lot of industries, right, especially when they're early, you're just making much money.
Speaker 3: And that's true. This got saturated real quick.
Speaker 7: So if you weren't you didn't have a full brand, that Green Rush ended a year or two in like and.
Speaker 6: That's the a it's been gone.
Speaker 7: That's you had to have a solid product and know how to do it. Like you said, if don't have the right team, it's not gonna work.
Speaker 5: You know, often I get an email because we have retail. You guys seen it, So people try to get in our retail and they email us an all day email. Che che check them my menu.
Speaker 6: I get it.
Speaker 3: You know, it's funny. We go we've gone to events and we just get those.
Speaker 6: You get me. I got media company.
Speaker 3: Dude, okay, asked what we do.
Speaker 5: Big tip for salespeople, literal Taylor your emails to who you're sending them to.
Speaker 4: Literally can you hit that?
Speaker 5: That's that's so simple, so simple, Like take the little bit of effort to be like, hey, Cana, Dave watched your podcast last time.
Speaker 6: It was fire whoop, the whoop, the whooped, the whoop.
Speaker 5: And then get into what you're trying to sell them like a little just but that's a little one. Like I get emails from people all the time that I just bought weed from you to two days ago.
Speaker 6: You think any more? We bro? Really, I just want it. Why are you a menu? What are you doing? Do you not? But it's automated and we're in the world of change.
Speaker 7: Yeah, light Sky really sees it from all angles because you do literally a little bit of everything.
Speaker 3: Man, you really have it.
Speaker 5: So I gotta really think, like, okay, from the culture, if I sell you this ship, is it going to sell out?
Speaker 6: How fast is it going to sell out? What can I do to help you sell it?
Speaker 2: Yes, you don't sit on yourself.
Speaker 6: That's the ship that.
Speaker 5: When you get into sales, and when you have a sales team as like the grow team, you're not thinking about that. You're just like, yo, here, get that ship in the store. But then it gets in the store. If it's not weed, if it's not flower, it's gonna take a little bit, right. If it's carts, if it's infused, if it's gummys that moves. That's just the industry, bro, that's the culture. You ask any retail what do you interesting? What do you move more? They're gonna be like we besides flower like because if we're not if we're talking about period.
Speaker 6: Obviously it's flower.
Speaker 5: Obviously people are coming in here like a half can I.
Speaker 2: Get you know, And that makes sense with the data that you see too. Flowers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so if you take flower out of the equation, it's probably I'm assuming because I don't know every dispensary, but I'm assuming overwhelmingly.
Speaker 6: It's gummies, it's carts, it's infused.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that makes sense, right, It's crazy because solving like concentrates are really like the low end, but like concentrates the low end.
Speaker 5: Speaking of speaking of concentrate, light Sky Farms live Rosen.
Speaker 6: A lot of people don't know. We do live and we won second place.
Speaker 5: We want second place in high Times for our great breath last year for rosine.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, this guy.
Speaker 6: Like a purple tint to it while I was there, manet a slight.
Speaker 5: Yeah that look, when we wash indoor it usually has that like purple your tim but that's usually because of the weak yourself out home.
Speaker 3: Take matches my card.
Speaker 6: This is for y'all.
Speaker 3: Oh, we get the bar.
Speaker 6: This is for the pot. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That one's mine, sweet, there's another one.
Speaker 7: Bro, there's another Look, frost d this is a team for y'all. Y'all blessed that you really blessed appreciate No, but no really cool purple, it smell good, had like a party.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was just gonna pack different dams bro.
Speaker 2: Party.
Speaker 6: Sorry, this is singular.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was the crosses.
Speaker 7: Two of us are gonna have to share. Dare you actually have my other puff downstairs?
Speaker 2: Which is I want to dive into your one string?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: Your entourage?
Speaker 6: You you're a good man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, no, no, no, this is important. This is a people don't talk about just the cameraoids. Everyone just takees THC. I'm so happy that lights guy is doing.
Speaker 2: Because I've been honestly, we've been talked taking away. Yeah, we've been talking about it recently.
Speaker 4: In the podcast we actually did our recent one of our probably not a couple episodes back, we talked about the rage effecting terpenes and how all that plays a factor, and then like high CBD strains and I was saying, I don't see that many strains that have a two to one, and then you blew my mind away today when we went to it on the tour and you're like, yeah, we've roge and you're like two to one and I'm like, well, you don't see that.
Speaker 2: I say myself, like, no way.
Speaker 4: Then we go inside the store and it's sixteen percent CBD.
Speaker 2: Eight percent THC.
Speaker 4: Mind blown because I think that's so key for the industry because it's based off of medical and like the high CBD is going to provide more medical benefits than highway THC. And I love that you guys have that in rotation. Yeah, this is your mother here with a couple of them right here, and it sounds like it's consistently always coming, always and I love seeing that.
Speaker 6: And I'm.
Speaker 7: In this in this world of THC chasing to sell dollars.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 7: It's refreshing to see because it's it almost like reff.
Speaker 3: Reiterates, reaffirms whatever I want to say.
Speaker 7: Like that shows that you come from the culture as a brand, because you're like, hey, no, it all matters, you know what I mean every because everyone enjoys cannabis differently, and I think sometimes and at most brands, they miss when you're not vertically integrated. You kind of missed that opportunity because you're like, I'm just this brand and I don't mean anything rude, but if you're like because if you kill concentratets, I get it, you specialize the power of collapse. Like, but you know it's so you guys really are able to hit all the all the consumers. Yeah, you know, not just the people chasing the high TC. You got the terms from the solving list, you guys folks on terms. You got the donuts for the connoisseewers. You got value stuff, peer people, you sell the shake stuff, you got hash, you got you know what I mean. You're you have all the options so you don't have to look toward other brands. And again nothing against other brands, but you just you know, you kind of can engulf them, you know, and take a full customer.
Speaker 3: So it's interesting.
Speaker 6: I like that. Take something else. I did want to. We love that.
Speaker 7: We've always loved the vertically integrated because it's just, you know, it's just so.
Speaker 4: Much someone and you can check you can check them out, uh in Flint Ye retail shower almost dropped it, but you can also check them out on their website right here light sky.
Speaker 3: No dot com. I just want to make sure there wasn't anything.
Speaker 7: The flower Yeah no, no, no, So maybe it's around, but no, check out the website just pulled it up.
Speaker 6: Check them out. But what I wanted to put on that.
Speaker 7: Done with your dad, I'm want to pull out cam the can the candle cam Canon cam oh right here. Yeah, I didn't forgot to pull it up yet, but we definitely will show a little purple hues.
Speaker 5: Nice beyondourage, right, you know. And most of the time, I say this all the time. I've tried a lot of like CBD weed and most of the time it doesn't taste good.
Speaker 6: No, don't.
Speaker 5: It does not taste good. Usually has like this weird hate taste. Our entourage tastes like berries. It has a real strong taste, and I love it because listen, bro, I'm a real smoker. I smoked all day.
Speaker 6: I smoke on the way to the meeting, about at the meeting and after the meeting, you know what I'm saying, Like on the way here, I smoked on the way to me.
Speaker 4: I smoke.
Speaker 6: I'm really about that life, bro.
Speaker 5: So when they told me, because I heard from Shannon that they were working on a CBD straight and I'm like, cool, this is what you won the second place World Cup four awesome. But then they but then they were like you should try it, we want you to sell it, and I.
Speaker 6: Was like, absolutely not. What are you talking about.
Speaker 7: The thing is, I don't know if there's a direct relation, but you're right something with that high CBD you lose terps. I don't know if there's a relation between that camp different. I love to get someone to reche like that, give me some real information on that. But you're actually right. And the fact that, like, I'm so like to be able to try that, I'm really excited. So what what do you experience first time you take it?
Speaker 5: So the first time they gave it to me, first of all, was annoyed because you know what I'm saying, Like, I'm a real smoker, bro, Like no, I mean a real like I'm the type that will go in the store and be like, don't worry about THC percentages, only worry about terpenes is okay. And then as soon as I get in front of that cash register, I'm like, don't end me, no twenty tw.
Speaker 6: Bushit give me that crazy ship I'm trying to get ht Come on, this is let's go.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna you know, Anthony's gonna host this. This is just funny.
Speaker 6: I'm good, but that's the person time.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 6: Know I appreciate I'm real, bro, I'm authentic. So like when they told me.
Speaker 7: Really I'm real with them though, that's real, I was like, no, that's what a customer is going to ask.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly being real.
Speaker 6: I was like, no, I'm good. I don't want to I'm their boat. Like everyone.
Speaker 2: I want to get so blowed up this chick.
Speaker 5: And they were like, no, we really want you to try it because we want you to be able to sell it. And I was like, Okay, I guess it's it's it's free weed they're giving me. I guess I'll try it.
Speaker 3: Purt So.
Speaker 6: I went, oh, I didn't know.
Speaker 5: I took an I took my medicine to my legal facility and consumed legally, you know, out there. And when I was trying the Entourage, what I noticed is again, I'm about this life. I smoke all day every day, and there's always this lingering feeling in the back of my.
Speaker 6: Head that's like, dude, I'm so cooked. It's like it's like carrying my head up like so you know. But when I smoked the Entourage, and I hadn't smoked yet, it wasn't there but my body.
Speaker 5: I could feel high in my body. It was the weirdest feeling. It was like like I wasn't in pain, but I felt better, you know what I mean. Like after I got the smoking, I was like, huh, I did and I felt attentive. I felt ready to work. I felt ready to do ship.
Speaker 3: And I was like that is foggy. Hey.
Speaker 6: I was like, hey, guys, is the CBD making me feel better?
Speaker 5: Because it's low tac I'm not super stone, so I can focus time and place.
Speaker 6: They were That's exactly what we were trying.
Speaker 3: To tell you, dude. People don't understand the value of time and place type of ship.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 7: It's like for me, it's like even like for like everyone's like, oh well you just you know, because I used to be on the solve in this game when I kind of switched for a hard minute. But then I was like, man, time in place for a live resent time and place for just a joint time and place for don'nut.
Speaker 3: Like there is time and vice for that ship, and I think it's just a missed thing.
Speaker 6: Ailments.
Speaker 2: Do you smoke it? Not like every every day?
Speaker 6: So no, you know, I'm like I'm a real smoker, bro, I need the highest thac I need.
Speaker 5: I need it rosin infused and dipped in fucking creajeen, like I need to go. I'm trying to get highest possible. You a so so, but I will smoke it. Like my wife after she had our kid. You know, she wasn't smoking the whole time, and me and her we get to it in so there was a time when she just wasn't smoking, and I'm like, hey, maybe entourage that helped you kind of lean back in.
Speaker 6: A good friend of mine, Katie from Green Stem shout out green Stem and the Helmies.
Speaker 5: She absolutely lives by entourage, and so when I'm with her, I smoke it all the time and it's like it does do the thing, but you know, no.
Speaker 6: It's a missed thing.
Speaker 7: And I understand everyone's like, oh, right to see why this because of that, you know, it is important when you were like an everyday smoker, right, But there is a customer out there who wants to smoke a light thing.
Speaker 3: Like I actually have a friend.
Speaker 7: My friend's girlfriend is dealing with some jaw issues and I recommend rso low dose or like with CBD because you get less of the TT if we're going from never smoking weed to rs O only the high tac. I'm like that might freak out, like you know, and it didn't, so like you know, little doses. So there is a consumer out there who doesn't need to get ripped a ship. They just want a little buzz and that two to one flower is just like if you like if light sky dialed in that turps, that's the missing key.
Speaker 4: So that's yeah, because like most CBD stuff I've tried, just like like sure, it's a little bit more just like dry, dry tasting, like hey, it's like not really, you're just like smoking different grass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I only ever had it through my buddy I did.
Speaker 2: We did try something like years ago that wasn't bad. It was that Derek McCarty. But that's why saying we haven't seen it since.
Speaker 11: Well that was Pincana back in the day, but now it's a legacy that does the Darren McCarty brand.
Speaker 6: Ye, break it up. I think they're small. So there you go.
Speaker 7: So this is the it's got a little purple hut and I think it kind of looks more yellow but on the uh like more amber.
Speaker 3: But if you saw it, the person it's got a little purple. What was this strain again? We're actually taking a dab over the great point break. It does smell like citrusy like that.
Speaker 2: That's the right there.
Speaker 3: So take this dab, break it up, look at it, smell it, touch it, taste it, eat it.
Speaker 7: Team roller over. We got the speed roller. We got the doughnut guy. Yeah, summer can roll everything, now, summer.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: Donut, I could roll a donut for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Is there anything else?
Speaker 3: Another donut right there? Oh my god, we got another one going? Is this the same strains?
Speaker 6: No, this singularity. I told you.
Speaker 3: This was the one you were talking about that was really good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this was everyone tried. Try to do it off my head. I think it's point break and shirp green pie. Yeah that's what it was.
Speaker 3: Froz on the shirt.
Speaker 5: Yeah all right, but you guys, you guys saw our sharp creep hie. All right, it's different.
Speaker 6: It's a little creemy, our titty kitty sprinkles different. Wait, do you have your weat?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: I want to see that. Even if we don't smoke it, I want to smell it.
Speaker 3: We can smoke something.
Speaker 6: I just want to smell it.
Speaker 3: But like man, Jesus, so he's still wins.
Speaker 5: Do you guys remember, because you guys are the same age as me, do you remember twenty twelve, twenty thirteen when you would buy weed and you'd be like, Hey, can I have wheat?
Speaker 6: Yes? Yes?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 7: Anyone not you give me wheat as long as it's as long as it's good, bro green, If I could have green weat, I feel.
Speaker 6: Shop like that.
Speaker 5: Bro I go in the store, I'll be like, can I have some wheat? And they'd be like, what do you know? No, give me your best ship, whatever you think, whatever you think the best. Because I'm a judge, you based off I judge weed. I've been judging it since twenty thirteen. High times. I've judged hash Batch, I've judged Motable, I've judged the client Cultivation Cup, I've judged dude everything.
Speaker 6: So now I have the thing where I judge on my channel right because.
Speaker 2: Judge right here.
Speaker 5: Well, to me, there's like a level and I always called it the breakthrough, like because I already smoke. So let's let's say me and you smoked, we've been smoking all day, and then we go buy some weed, we roll it up, we smoke it.
Speaker 6: And don't really get higher like that. This didn't break through this right, well not even I mean we probably were already cooks are probably straight, you know, something to get us by, keep.
Speaker 5: Us going, something to do, honestly, but like this smells good, by the way, thank you, this really good.
Speaker 6: First place? You motherfucker ud.
Speaker 2: Get just thank you.
Speaker 6: Guess this ship is first place?
Speaker 5: Got sleeping on this cast, bro, I'm telling you canadday this first place.
Speaker 6: You know how many motherfuckers were at.
Speaker 5: The hash bash cup, Like how crazy that hotel is and how much the hero space everybody's.
Speaker 6: Been, bro, Yeah, that was funny.
Speaker 3: I think I had a different reaction.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: It was an hour of a viral.
Speaker 2: I had a migrant that day. It was such a god.
Speaker 3: He was in a bad mood that he won. He was like his mood change, he was.
Speaker 6: I didn't drink any waters all day. I got a damnho.
Speaker 7: We were leaving because we were just starting to get tired and his head was hurt. He's like, I don't even know if I should stay and.
Speaker 3: Probably not gonna win.
Speaker 6: I'm like, what place is crazy? You know? Motherfuckers was like a podcast?
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 5: First place? Wait, you bro, we like, yeah, you know you would just watch the episode. I've been talking about it. That's all right, Congratula, No.
Speaker 7: I mean honestly, I really think we talked a lot about light Sky. But I just appreciate you come from the culture. I appreciate that you have a brand that like, you know, it sounds like everyone stands by something, you know, the whole team out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you guys are ours and our and DA and a lot of new products.
Speaker 3: We saw the whole room.
Speaker 7: They like, really, I mean, trust me, it's clean. I've never I really can stand by the cleanest silly. I've seen anything special coming up for you guys this year. Anything you want to drop or like geez or people where you're gonna be at?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 6: Any news?
Speaker 5: So we're working on we're working on the future for light Sky, but tender education events. O.
Speaker 6: Hell, I know you heard Alecus talking.
Speaker 5: Shout out Alexis, shout out my team real quick, shout out Brandy, shout out Nick Jackson, Vanessa, Miguel, the whole spot, Alexis, all the retail.
Speaker 6: All of the grow, all the processing, the whole team. Shout out everybody but a machine. Yeah, it's a lot of people.
Speaker 5: But we're going to be trying to do everything we can to expand help the culture. Maybe open up some more spots, you know, just get bigger and bigger and better. You know, maybe come out with some new things.
Speaker 3: See those lands trains everything that's really cool.
Speaker 6: Maybe come out with some new brands. You know, I told you guys about that. Yeah, yeah, something different, bro stand out, evolve.
Speaker 3: Right, keep doing the thing. Lights guy has been around. So it's just try and brand, you know. You know, I tell you I love that.
Speaker 2: You know, No, I think that's like one of the biggest things. That's like rude of culture right there.
Speaker 6: What about you guys? Was next for Mi Canicas?
Speaker 3: Summers are newest shout out.
Speaker 6: That's very no.
Speaker 3: So that's it, you know.
Speaker 7: Honestly, we've been making the m I c C Studios page, which we're kind of trying to do more like folks on the education part, maybe try to do more like mini docs and stuff like less us blazing long form kind of shorter content information, you know, because we've been traveling and stuff, so we're like, hey, why don't we tell people the history of cannabis of where we've been going and like telling people about bizcon in a different way, right.
Speaker 4: More stories, cannabis, storytelling around it, more psychedelics. I think mushrooms and psychedelics are gonna be like the next big wave coming through and this.
Speaker 5: Is where we can It is like weed is way different, right than fucking shrooms. And I've done, you know, my fair share alleged of shrooms.
Speaker 3: But I've done a lot about.
Speaker 2: Watch I like the mic.
Speaker 5: Just think about like overdosing yourself quick as fuck and being like, no, I'm gonna drive a vehicle.
Speaker 7: Mushrooms and all those drugs are like listen, if you're gonna do those mind heavy, mind expanding ones, I'll be driving, Like just speak to find somewhere you can chill ten hours.
Speaker 6: Like that ship is crazy.
Speaker 5: You could just walk into a store and be like can I get a quarter of mushroom please? And they'd be like, no problem, we're getting there, and wold you go to the hash bash. Everyone's just like telling them because.
Speaker 6: The hashbas because it's kind of yeah, that's wild.
Speaker 5: Yeah you're fucking a smoke shop right up the street trying to tell me mushrooms.
Speaker 6: Bro, It's like crazy, bron have to tell me be going to the one that just she saw me this little.
Speaker 5: Exotic pop you little blue fonto. I feel I feel different, Canadave. I'm so proud of you, man, I know because you don't. You don't got no we brand do you just call it.
Speaker 3: Cannaday bring that ship to make tell I've been telling.
Speaker 6: We are usually how clean we are. I'll take care of you, bro. Come on.
Speaker 3: Day just on the podcast.
Speaker 6: That's good day.
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 6: Whoa whoa whoa.
Speaker 3: We got to ask him the question I didn't forget before we get out here. I want to make sure we asked this question though.
Speaker 7: So we have a question we've been asking every single guest since the beginning. If you got into the end of the episode, you're gonna know this one. But Dave, go ahead take you away. This is Dave's question.
Speaker 2: Flower, cind of Sewer like me.
Speaker 4: So I mentioned you're grinding up some of your titty sprinkles and hold off Ganja Jeanie pops out of the grinder. I'll grant you one wish to change anything within the industry.
Speaker 2: Would you wish that it's tough.
Speaker 3: Because there's a lot always always a cool question.
Speaker 6: One thing within the industry. One industry.
Speaker 5: What's yeah, there's there's from a sales pocision. There's a lack of accountability a lot of times when it comes to an order, an order that I send out and and the accountability to you know, pay on that order and timely fashion. There's a lack of accountability for brands to.
Speaker 6: Give education to uh the employees.
Speaker 5: And then there's like a lack of transparency from so many different avenues. Like we talked about testing and the same thing of like price and quality of product. You know, you guys talked about the Croptober and that during Croptober pounds become significantly cheaper.
Speaker 6: But how much does that price change in retail? Right? Right?
Speaker 5: If I'm buying a pound for three hundred dollars and I'm still selling it for eight dollars a gram, I'm fucking up the industry, right, So I think set amount of transparency over the entire industry, seeing how much things are bought for, how much things are sold for, what things are testing for, where the testing came from, if the testing is legit, Like overall, how much these brands pay attention to stores, Like everybody needs to be able to see from every side so we can make our best judgments, because right now, the game is not fair. You know, hard work always pays off, good product always shines out, but there's an uphill battle.
Speaker 6: If you're a new brand, like, dude, sorry, dude, call the brokers. If you're a new brand, call flash.
Speaker 5: Flipping straight the fuck, don't even go don't even try to go outside. Just call Flash Flipping and be like, hey, can you guys tell me? Like it's you're too late, right, like you missed it, it's it's way too late. But yeah, so, and I guess, in the smallest sense to that question, if I could change one thing, I would ask for the industry to be transparent on all sides.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 6: I like that, Yeah, But at the same time I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: But I also have to say, with a caveat, this is the best job I've ever had, you know, in the best industry that's I've ever been in. You know, it's nice. You mentioned this on a couple of podcasts ago, But it's nice to be able to be in an industry where you don't have to fake. You know how often I've had and like I drop spray fucking cologne lotion up, hand sanitizer, going che and.
Speaker 6: Gum to my job and like, yeah, where this job. I like, hey, I'm about to be back.
Speaker 5: I'll come back in my eyes are fucked up, and I'm like, hey, you guys are ready to get some shit done.
Speaker 6: It's great. It's great, bro.
Speaker 5: I love being able to be myself. Our parents. I'm sure you guys have the same type of parents I have.
Speaker 6: Maybe not.
Speaker 13: My parents are like, don't you go doing that, God damn drug. Don't you be doing dope? You got damn drug dealer says dead dope. And now and now my parents have to be like, hey, how are sales going? And I'm like, great, mom, selling weeds amazing, it's amazing. It's the best thing that ever happened to me. So it's it's I love this fucking industry, bro.
Speaker 5: So I wouldn't change much, but maybe just make it a little the plant feel a little more fair.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, it is crazy to think that though, like now that we can tell we legally like coming back from you were in twenty twelve, twenty thirteen, when your raid was my raid is in twenty fifteen a disco. Now it's like literally legally legal like, yeah, it's just it's just wild. How time goes man, Anthony, it was. It was a blast having you on it. We definitely got to have you back on glad. We learned so much about Light sky Thank you for the tour.
Speaker 7: The tour was again if you have it was that content may be out, it may not if not, go check out the stuff.
Speaker 3: We got tons of stuff, but that we took a little side interviews. We got a tour.
Speaker 6: We're gonna appreciate you boys. This was fun.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: We'll have you come up the Waking Bakers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, next time I'm bringing fat Andy.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, man, that'd be awesome. Bring fat and we could just have like a man rolls his story is great, dude, you don't know.
Speaker 6: Incredible, some cool st he rolls man so much.
Speaker 7: Sorry, yeah yeah yeah, No, Light Sky Light sky Farms is at the handle first.
Speaker 6: That's on everything, Last Guy Farms dot com. Last Guy.
Speaker 5: But we're blacklisted, so we type it in correctly. Look for the one that had don't got no tues behind it, does I have underscores just Light sky Farms. Just out spail, but you might have to do a little bit digging than you feel that.
Speaker 6: I get it. I get it. Thank you Summer, I appreciate you, and uh, I appreciate you guys. This is really dope, man.
Speaker 5: You guys got something that's really unique, and once the culture actually like grabs on of what you're doing, you guys are gonna.
Speaker 7: Be rich Man, black Shadow Band, black Listed. We're fighting uphill battle.
Speaker 3: But we're passionate. We book it there, so I appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Movie music everywhere in Canada, everywhere. Mechanic Cass Summer Sky, Summer Underscore Sky for four Wives.
Speaker 3: Uh, I guess I'll shout out the partners too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Lost Coast Plant Therapy where my cana uh twenty twenty for that one. Cannabis Coast shout the team collapse all the time with Canady Extracs. One of our other partners checked them out, Old Score Organic shout out the whole team over there. Drink Hainan and you can order these and all the states. Mechanic Cast appreciate that. Anything else we want to want to say, forget you, check out that you seem more evolve us around, check the Light Sky and as always we're here to advocate, educate and inspired until next time you get hired.
Speaker 6: He yeah.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: That's always on face.
Speaker 6: So cool. You guys are cool, man,