Speaker 1: I'm so glad that most of you were out yesterday for a national holiday because the show that we did yesterday was not Hall of Fame worthy.
Speaker 2: Oh and I don't think this one's going to be much better.
Speaker 1: Well, I will say this tick higher, just to tick higher.
Speaker 2: We are we're dragging ass still and mentally even not that we were mental giants to begin with, but we're not all there. We're not back to where we were. And it hit me on the way home yesterday. We had Kenny Wayne Shephard on that was that was one good part of the show.
Speaker 1: Was one that was the only.
Speaker 2: Good part of the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But.
Speaker 2: Because I was not thinking straight, I meant to add because Mel Gibson, his daughter married Kenny Wayne Shepherd and they've been married for years and years and years. So I wanted to ask him about Mel Gibson as a father in law, I bet And I wanted to say, Hey, do you guys ever go and see your father in law Mel Gibson and take the grandkids? And when you leave and go home, does he ever call you and go could be by my family?
Speaker 1: I bet you that's an intense father in law.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine? No, I couldn't either.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, I didn't know that. Thanks for dropping the ball on that, because that had been a great addition to the interview. The interview was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you know that was like my I was getting ready to ask and you did that. Let me ask one more question, and I forgot to ask it.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sorry. It was my fault. Well is that? Did you see how he did that? Just it's he forgot, But it's my fault. He forgot, he's deflecting response.
Speaker 2: No listen, no no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no listen. When journalists, we never ever point fingers when a misteak is made. But yes, it was your fault.
Speaker 1: When you point fingers in people, there's three fingers pointing back at you. There's stuff you tell your seven year old that you never repeat again. And remember when you pointed somebody.
Speaker 2: What's the THUMBM doing? Point at me? What's your thumb?
Speaker 1: Do? Wait a minute? Pointing?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you got.
Speaker 1: Two three, I got three pointing at me and you.
Speaker 2: Got two pointing me your thumb and your Yeah, I guess so.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, I don't know if either one of you all saw that darn plane crash last night. I don't know what's going on. It's the third plane crash in like three weeks. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't think I'm going to Mexico this year. That didn't get this crap straight in out look.
Speaker 1: Obviously we're not aviators, but that thing seemed like it was coming out of the sky pretty quickly and it belly flopped onto the runway. It is an absolute miracle of God what happened yesterday on that tarmac. I mean it belly flopped, burst into flames, flipped over, and no one was injured. Like what the hell of a story wouldn't It's crazy?
Speaker 2: So what do you do? What's what's pro After you survived like that? Do you go straight to the airport bar?
Speaker 1: Yes, of course, I don't care if you're sober for twenty years, God say go get a drink.
Speaker 2: First thing you do is attorney.
Speaker 1: Didn't say that.
Speaker 2: The first thing you do is call an attorney.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, because you grab your neck right.
Speaker 2: And you call an attorney and then you go to the bar. And so they meet me the airport bar, neck and back. Oh yeah, you grab both of them.
Speaker 1: Thank you. But the people, the people that were getting that were still on the plane waiting to get off, because I mean I'd have been I'd have helped whoever couldn't get out, because I didn't even think about the weight of yourself because you were upside down. The guy that was talking said, we hit. We knew it was bad, and the next thing you know, you don't know because you're just upside down now and now the ceiling is the floor. But the weight of your own body on the belt, like, that's not going to be easy to get unbuckled, right, so you got to deal with that. And he goes, once that happens.
Speaker 2: Well, wait a minute, no, wait, wait a minute, those seat belts you just pull that lever to the side that dislodges.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've never done it, so I'm going to assume it's a little difficult.
Speaker 2: Well, in airplane crash school, we had that at all, right, we did what we did. It was I had it after English and before mathematics, and we used to do that. And even in the eighties, those seat belts we could release.
Speaker 1: Uh, But the people that pulled their phones out and started to video, like, who are you keep your phone in your pocket and get your ass off the plane because it's on fire.
Speaker 2: Wes Henderson's made a post yesterday. Wes Henderson from True Story Bourbon He posted yesterday and go, hey, just so you know, if if I'm ever in a plane crash and that happens, and you're in front of me and you're videoing or getting your luggage out of the overhead, I'm running the blank over you.
Speaker 1: I agree with that, of course absolutely.
Speaker 3: I'll say this. I'm already afraid of flying as it is. I'n't been on a plane in at least fifteen years, and everything that's happened so far in twenty twenty five has not done anything to help coddle that.
Speaker 2: No, it's been all this has happened in like a span of what four weeks.
Speaker 1: Okay, the basic design of an airplane hasn't changed. Now, you can put as many computers on there as you want, right right, The basic design of thrust, the wings, the flaps, that is all the same concepts for the last eighty years. Like that, those engineering concepts have not changed. It goes still basic stuff.
Speaker 2: It goes right back to the very first one with Wilbur and Orville Bread and Backer with just the two wings. The design has not changed.
Speaker 1: They turned in their popcorn makers and do it. They did into an airplane.
Speaker 2: Well, they sold their popcorn business. Yeah, and then Orville bread Brocker got it back.
Speaker 1: But I don't discount your fear of that because you're just a smart person. You're like, well, this is basic stuff.
Speaker 3: Why put your life in God's hands if you will, because that's what you're doing. You have zero control once you go into the airport and give your bags away and go through TSA.
Speaker 1: No, that's true. No, that's true. You have, yes, but it's still a thousand times safer than getting the car and driving. It's still a thousand times true.
Speaker 3: But I've heard that a million times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when you look at the odds of how many planes have taken off daily annually and how many the amount of incidents, it's I mean, it's a miracle.
Speaker 1: Well the miracle was in the eighties. Let's just figure it out. Because those guys were drunk, coked up, Like how many I mean the eighties were party central. How many of these pilots and stewardesses or flight attendants.
Speaker 2: I wish And there was a time, there was a time where United Parcel Service would take their seven to twenty sevens. Yeah, and they would install seats in them and run them for commercial flight.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, that lasted very short period of time.
Speaker 2: But I got to tell you I never felt safer than I did when I flew on a UPS personnel flight. Yeah, because I worked at UPS. And let me tell you, if there's just one minor, one minor little thing, unload the hoe down plane, Let's get it to another one. They're second to none when it comes to prevent a maintenance.
Speaker 1: Let's go about with another disaster. And again, thoughts and prayers everybody on that plane. But I mean this, watch the video and go, that's a miracle. No one was killed, much less really injured. They were like, yeah, I sent a couple of people to the hospital, but nothing with serious, nothing but sprains and stuff. That's crazy, all right. So the second thing is these floodings. I don't know if you're following eastern Kentucky. So the temperatures are insane, and fourteen deaths in Kentucky alone and swept away. You're watching video of these mudslides, and these whole little towns, these you know, and towns are like these streets. I just pull up and there's businesses on the street. The back half of it is just gone. It's crazy. This is the same area where twenty eighteen. Yeah, it's just six or seven years ago man was wiped out. Remember Caliperry was doing all those telethons and stuff. It's just like that wasn't too long ago. It's crazy, and.
Speaker 2: Six years I could promise you not all the damage has been repaired.
Speaker 1: Since you know, no host towns disappeared and they don't come back.
Speaker 2: I will say that I always take sixty four and get off of the third Street ramp. Yeah, and I did this morning. It was jam packed. And the reason was jam packed is they have where you can't take a rite now.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, so you have to go straight.
Speaker 2: You have to go straight. So I'm wondering if they're expecting the floodwaters to keep creeping up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just be patient out there if you're stuck in all that. And I get it. There was a wreck on Waterston Express Fighter around Thereckaridge Lane exit and then they shut down the tails will exit. It was crazy. So I think they're opening all that up now, So just be patient, and we're sorry that you're you're stuck in all that. Today's a big day for me.
Speaker 2: Oh did you get like a Catholic People's Award at the Catholic People's Society last night.
Speaker 1: It was a good time.
Speaker 2: It looked fun.
Speaker 1: You're such a jerk.
Speaker 2: Everybody in suits and you know it looked it look look look great.
Speaker 1: It was a fifteen priests there.
Speaker 2: Oh you didn't mention that. Oh well, now it's a party.
Speaker 1: The party with the priests. Yeah, today, do you cuss around the priest? The priest costs more than I depends on what Brandy, sir. I love all my priests. They're awesome. Okay, So I'm today, I get my I get my toto aquala aquala for toilet, my toilet.
Speaker 3: Today or something.
Speaker 2: That's right. You have no idea what this toilet is, no idea. This toilet has an air dryer. It's this. This is like the space honest, two thousands.
Speaker 1: Yes, this day. He's been coming for weeks and I was supposed to get it last week, but of course I had the flu and I was like, damn it.
Speaker 2: He's excited about it.
Speaker 1: I'm just toilet fired up.
Speaker 2: Hey, John, you know what I'm gonna do, though?
Speaker 3: What are you gonna do.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go over there and use it and that way every time he sits down on it. Fact, damn it.
Speaker 1: You know you're not allowed anywhere this toilet.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go sit on it.
Speaker 1: I'm putting a dead bolt on the No.
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna have Jackie and I'm taking a picture of me sitting on that toilet, and it's going to ruin it for you for life.
Speaker 1: The Total Aquala four. This thing has a vortex. The bowl is shaped differently to where it's a vortex flush, so you don't get that under where you know how you got clean underneath their No, it's gone. It's a vortex gone. So then they have the warm bidet and then an air dryer for your there you go, you heine, yes, And there's two different settings for a girl and a boy. So girls have different parts. I didn't know if y'all need that. Who whoa whoa whoa back up? Whoa whoa whoa. Wos have different bikini parts than bathing suit parts. Y wow. So then you have two different buttons, so one looks like it has you know, long hair, it's a girl, and then the boy has short hair. So you just push the button whichever, and you set the temperature, and then how much do you want the air dryer on your uh? On your Why?
Speaker 2: I guess that would have a lot to do with how you're groomed as well.
Speaker 1: Right, the Toto aquala four?
Speaker 2: Right? How long it is?
Speaker 1: Uh BK plumbing.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I'm excited they're coming today. I'm just so.
Speaker 2: My wife was in there five minutes later. The hell's taking her along. Well, she's a big fan of the sixties.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, when you get.
Speaker 2: To good Lord, we got electricity, Bill John and Susan whitting out of that thing.
Speaker 1: You get to a certain age as a man, these are like the happiest days of your life. I could toil it now. And you're about to have a kid. Let me tell you, the only private time you will ever have is when you're.
Speaker 2: In the bathroom.
Speaker 3: I feel like, even when you have like a crawler, though that's probably not the case. They're always trying to get in there with.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: Sometimes when my wife is talking to me, like we're in the kitchen or whatever, I'm sitting there having my coffee. You know, it's peaceful and it's quiet. I'm looking out on the backyard, reflecting on my life, and here she comes talking about whatever the hellse she's talking about. Sometimes I'll just get up and walk and stand in our hallway bathroom.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you you sense it and you go. Are you outside the door?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Get away from the door.
Speaker 2: Caps, the privat Can I just be in here?
Speaker 3: What do eat?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: So? No? The Toto Aquala four is being installed today. Hang on one second, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Oh they just contacted me.
Speaker 1: No they didn't. They did, And no they did not.
Speaker 2: Which one did you get?
Speaker 1: I got the Aqua four.
Speaker 2: They're giving me the Aqua five.
Speaker 1: That's not true. Wow, that's not true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hang on, they say that type. They say this is even better than Tony's.
Speaker 1: That's not what.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, so these features? Wow, okay, and mine gets Oh mine's being installed right now before Tony's. Wow. This is a great day for me too.
Speaker 3: John yours has robot arms that comes out and combs your hair while you're it does you.
Speaker 1: You you're you're making fun. But you know what. The seat goes up, there's a light. It's all this stuff is on this thing. This is the space shuttle of toilets. I'm so excited. I get that today.
Speaker 3: Does it does it also have where like it warms your behind while you're sitting on the sea.
Speaker 1: Is warm, the seat is heated.
Speaker 2: Okay? Does that have an audio function where when you're going to the bathrooms going?
Speaker 3: How long until you can start putting these in your vehicles that you don't have to stop and use the restaurant? You think about it? Think about underneath the car that holds.
Speaker 2: Off John, I go with the see in my room, I have a pe tumbler and I also have a traveling pee tumbler. Yeah, did you say something, mister tuberculosis?
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry, I'm a lunger still tony tuberculos. Hey Dwight's or Dave's out feeling under the weather.
Speaker 2: Of all the nerve for him to call him sick? What do we even consider him a team player?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Like we you know, we give and give and give, and then this guy come in. I'm sick.
Speaker 1: The nerve of that guy seriously unbelievable. Two days in a row.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you're right, all right?
Speaker 1: Before we go to the joke to Jule, David Keeling, Louisville's own David Keeley nominated by President Trump to lead the OSHA Elite OSHA. Yeah, you've seen that. That's crazy. Louisville boy. He was at UPS and Amazon. We need to get this guy on the air.
Speaker 2: Yes, our friend Matt mccuriro texted us his number. Oh he did, Yeah, we got it. Wait until he gets confirmed.
Speaker 1: When did he do that? Or he texted you.
Speaker 2: When we had the flu?
Speaker 1: No, you were I was out of it.
Speaker 2: I got so. I tried not to read people's text while I had the flu. Yeah, and the ones I did, I said, hey, my fevers one on two point seven. I'm gonna forget this. Will you retext me next week? I went back and looked at some of them.
Speaker 1: At least I have the the ones that follow up after you say, look, I have the flu and pneumonia and I'm hallucinating right now, so I'm out of it, And then they follow up with questions, Okay, when you get better, can you answer these questions?
Speaker 2: You mean, Debbie, And you're like, because I got that to this people are on the list now, Debbie, I got the flu. There's no way I won't remember this most people. Okay, Babby, we'll just blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: People just go, oh, I'm so sorry, I get hurt and that's it. That's it, or even not even to say anything back, which is great. No.
Speaker 2: I had three or four of them say okay, I understand that, but when can you record that commercial?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's nice. How does that affect me? Okay, let's do the joke as your and then we have a busy show today, including the mayor, and he's bringing his wife, Rachel. Rachel's coming in, Rachel Greenbee. We're gonna give him a little quiz. See how well they know each other?
Speaker 2: Is there like a whole will they won't they? But going on between me and no no, okay.
Speaker 1: No, no, sure, I'll let you know after they leave.
Speaker 2: Hey, foulas. Matt's dad picked him up from school to take him to a dental appointment. You know what time his dental appointment was?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Two thirty? Well, add a joke. His dad picks him up and take him to the disappointment. He's supposed to go to school play play practice. Oh yeah yeah this dad said, Uh so did you get a part in the school play? Matt enthusiastically announced, yeah, I got a part. I play a part of a man that's been married for twenty years. That's when the dad says, that's great, son. Keep up the work. Before you know it, you'll get a speaking.
Speaker 1: Part that is not bad.
Speaker 2: You don't get to.
Speaker 1: I'll take it.
Speaker 2: I'll take it.
Speaker 1: That is your joke of the day. February eighteenth, twenty twenty five. Vacation out there. Slow your car down. Yeah, it's be more careful.
Speaker 2: It's me and me and Tony and John. But Dave called him sick.
Speaker 1: The Toto Aquaa four the total akule five. No I got out five, liar, I'm not news radio eight forty. Who do we have?
Speaker 3: We have Allen Electric, Oh, Allen.
Speaker 1: Electric six three six Help is the phone number. Give them a call, residential electricians. They'll take care of any you need. Sometimes it's the same day they're like, I'm down the street. I'll send somebody over to the house to fix whatever you is. A ceiling fan, there's a light fixture, you want to change something up in the bathroom, whatever it is, All Electric will take care of you. Out Electric sixty three six Help is the phone number. And of course they are official generack generator folks that work on them and install them. They went up to Indiana to the plant to learn how to do that. So if you're gonna get one of those generator generators that run your entire house, you got to go with out electric. Six three six help is the number? Back after this Sun News Radio eight forty in whs.
Speaker 2: Watch me dance? Look at this? See now throwing this foot out right here?
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: I'm skipping on this heel s right? How I do?
Speaker 1: Whould you learn that dance school at DAWs What was the name of the doss Was it Dass Breakers?
Speaker 2: As Breaker DAWs Breakers on the air? Hey, he's radio eight forty whas.
Speaker 1: I believe Wagner High School because that's my neighborhood. There were the oh the breaking something I do know everything breaking was in the title.
Speaker 2: Now what is this? Is this some kind of nineties nails?
Speaker 1: What is this?
Speaker 3: This is taking back Sunday from the late nineties. I don't know if the song is from the late nineties and that's what it's band formed.
Speaker 1: Metro councilwoman Donna Purvis is being accused of harassment after following an elderly constituent back to her apartment building in September after a heated verbal art altercation at city Hall. Months after the inter interaction, the woman has filed a police report an ethics complaint against Purvis, becoming the latest of a string of legal and ethics fights involving the councilwoman, wow, who represents much of Louisville's West End. In the six years she's been in the office, the Democrat has been sued for defamation by her former legislative assistant, racked up twenty thousand dollars in fines from a campaign finance violation, faced a lawsuit from a constituent who claims she got him fired, and received multiple ethics complaints, some of which are ongoing.
Speaker 2: Write down what I think her political affiliation is.
Speaker 1: I already said it, and I'm gonna slide it over there. I already said it. I already said it. Uh so uh. Metroal Council has been very boring for a little while. Yeah, they've ramped things up, all right. They had trial yesterday and they got this situation again that this is the story for WDRB that I was reading from. But Donna Purvis, they are they're they're heating things up on Metro Council. You take your eye, you know, you take your eye off them for a while, because Craig was doing a good job, right, Like Craig is doing a good job, and so you know, you don't look at the council Metro Council much. Well they you know, you always got to keep your folks, and we'll update you on the Donna Privosse situation. Metro Council.
Speaker 2: Well, not local lawmakers, but a lawmaker in Washington, state Representative Mary Foss. She sponsored House Bill one seven three nine. What's it for? Well established rules on how to self check check out in grocery stores. The state representative submitted the bill requiring no more than a maximum of fifteen items when you do the self checkout in store.
Speaker 1: Okay, time out?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I read that headline, yeah, and then I thought, okay, because when you're in in the old days, there was always one express lane, and if somebody had more than ten items, then someone there was always someone ready to speak up, right, and they would say that's me have fifteen items and you're in the express lane. And and sometimes Johnny, you've experienced this. You you came to mic pretty quickly. I was.
Speaker 3: I mean, I was a child whenever this happened, but I remember being at the store with parents and seeing this.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, because some people will get if you have a six pack of gatorade, people are like, that's sixs that one item, that's one eye, that's one Okay, No, that's that's six uhas, No, that's one stack of binans. So when I read that headline, Dwight, I said, are they gonna start policing how many? But that's not the rule she wants. Mary Foss wants to do something different, which I agree with.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, I know I agree with it. I agree with it too. Yes, but it's it's you can have a maximum of fifteen items at the self checkout stores. Here's what I've never under stores, self checkout lines. Here's what I've never understood, though, Why not just calibrate these self checkout machines or after fifteen items it shuts down and go straight to total? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: That's not a bad idea, right.
Speaker 2: So there you go and there's none of this well.
Speaker 1: You know, it's just it's a terrible idea. And I'll tell you why.
Speaker 2: Well, no, here's what you're gonna say you're gonna say they're gonna stop ring that up and start bringing the other one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, then you got a guy like me yelling at him, okay, hey blankety blank. And then you got my wife her head down okay.
Speaker 1: Kroger our Kroger at Hubbard used to be the best. It's not anymore. It's it's just understaffed. And I get it.
Speaker 2: But that's every that's everything.
Speaker 1: I don't know that story. I will tell you that there are times that they don't have any people checking out. That not all self checkout. Right, So even if I'm like, if you have a family, you've got a cart and a half of food, you you've got to bag all this, try to bag it. And remember you run out of room at the area. You can't bag anymore. No. And then they were just like attendant is coming, attendant is coming.
Speaker 2: Oh they're not coming.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh great, I can't continue until somebody comes over and they swipe and do whatever. It is frustrating. And then they eliminated three of the checkout lanes and gave you the one long one where the thing goes goes where it goes down, right, Yeah, And if you don't put the item in the center of the.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's such damp. If it would just work right and be less of a pain in the ass to be fine. But sometimes I'll scan like four or five items and I'll say call for assistance and they'll come over them. They'll just after I wait for like three or four minutes, they'll come over and they'll can some kind of cold nickel.
Speaker 1: There you go, sir.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, whoa, whoa, whoa, what happened? If it's, oh, nothing, you just scanned too many items too fast.
Speaker 1: If it benefited me, I wouldn't mind. But you're charging me eight dollars for a bottle of ranch dressing and I still have to check out my own food. Now it feels like, look, if you self check out, we'll give you a ten percent discount, like over the top, like off the top. Then okay, I'm in.
Speaker 3: So you're anti self checkout.
Speaker 1: I am tired of checking my own food out and you're charging me triple what I paid two years ago.
Speaker 2: It'd be nice, it'd be nice to have the option, you know what I mean. But you go into a grocery store it would be a Saturday at noon, and you look and they're like, oh, well it's gonna be Saturday at noon, we might be quite busy. Better open two registers.
Speaker 3: Well, imagine today with the snow coming in.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know, I'm done. I was gonna ava.
Speaker 1: This isn't relatively a new thing. Self checkout didn't exist a couple of years ago. It was all you had to get in line and someone checked out your groceries. The self checkout came out. It was like, if you're in a hurry and only have one or two items, bag by bam doll. Oh now it is that's the way you check out. It's it's changed. There's been a shift, and I get the I get it's hard to hire people.
Speaker 2: Hey, here's one thing. In the off chance, in the off chance there happens to be a human being at my grocery store, you can actually go through the line and have them check you out. In the rare occasion that happens. Here's one thing I do hate though. They wring you up and they say, okay, you got six items there. Two of them were a carton of eggs. Your total is two hundred and thirty four dollars. Would you like to donate two dollars to such and such. I always say, oh, no, no, I don't want to, but you're more than welcome to take ten percent of my purchase and donate it. Because here's what they do. They say, oh, in front of everybody, hey, do you want to donate two dollars to such and such? And they take all that collection and then they take the tax right off on it.
Speaker 1: Correct. Just you know what, if you're really.
Speaker 2: Going to be generous, correct, just put a percentage of all proceeds.
Speaker 1: It started in gas stations. Remember, they would be like a little shamrock and you put yourn you can write your name on it, and they would hang it in the gas station and you're like, well, that's kind of need of of that. Does stop and go place to do that? And then you figure out, no, they're taking all that cash.
Speaker 2: And but they were satisfaction in that because I could write a dirty name correct and put it up there and there and there you would have this name that you know, two meetings.
Speaker 1: Something with Gilli cut Yeah, I get it. So they would require uh, they wanted she wants to change things. Go look, you guys, grocery stores have to step up. I'm with her but there's not a lot of competition, but just simply you you know, and I and I love my people at Kroger. Don't get me wrong, the people work at Kroger are awesome. They're never rude, They're fantastic people. But it's just they're overworked.
Speaker 3: I think you should go to Aldie. I know there's not a lot of those around here, but they so you don't even get bags at Aldie. You can buy bags of theirs, but they're reusable. You just put everything in the cart and load up yourself. Now, it's kind of a pain in the ass if you don't want to do that type of stuff. But there's a lot. It's a smaller store, and the workers have always been very friendly.
Speaker 2: If I could somehow inspect my produce online and Amazon had it, I'd never leave the house, you know what I mean. Like when we were sick, you know, doctor Whitney Jones says, here's what you need. You need this squeeze version of the netty pot to clear your sign as his xyz hopped on Amazon. It was there that afternoon. Correct, same thing with aspirin. I take eighty one milligram asper day I ran out eight Bucks right to my door. I wish I could do that with produce and protein and never ever y the house.
Speaker 1: I'm all for this law eh.
Speaker 2: If you're a fan of the Goonies and I have yet to see it, but it is in my queue. I finally found it on.
Speaker 1: It's a timeless classic.
Speaker 2: Is it really it is? Or is it gonna let me down?
Speaker 1: No, it's a timeless class.
Speaker 2: We'll see if you're a friend of If you're a fan of Goonies.
Speaker 1: Good enough, fom it's Sidney Lapper.
Speaker 2: That sounded just like her.
Speaker 1: If she had a big.
Speaker 2: Sounds just like sounds just like Sidney Lapper, if she had a big ball of snot.
Speaker 1: Good enough?
Speaker 2: Well there, Hawker, Ciddy hawker. Well, there's been rumors of a sequel to The Goonies going around for over a decade now, at least like it looks like it is coming.
Speaker 1: To question he don't please don't.
Speaker 2: Steven Spielberg has signed don't come on stop. Also, Chris Columbus, who wrote the original good.
Speaker 1: Leave it alone. It's perfect. Don't do a sequel because everybody's in that wants to do Yeah, but Chunk the fat kid in it is now like a bodybuilder. He's like a perfect condition guy.
Speaker 2: Are you serious? So it's just not gonna okay? What is it about a fat kid?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: In a youth movie? Because now you got that little fat kid, it's an impeccable shape. You say, Jerry o'donald is his name or O'Connell. Jerry O'Connell. He played the fat kid and stand by me, he dropped all of weight.
Speaker 1: And the fat kid in Sandlot the Catcher, Yeah, uh, the Catcher in Sandlot became a workout fiend.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: A fat kid in the Yeah?
Speaker 2: He was fat and.
Speaker 1: Ugly though poor? What the hell was that was?
Speaker 2: Mean? Noah was observant.
Speaker 1: Is that what you thought? That? He wasn't funny? You just thought he's fat and ugly. That's what your brain went to. Well, you look insecure much. I'm not insecure.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 2: If I see a fat, ugly kid, I can say, oh, well he's fat.
Speaker 1: One to ten? How insecure are you? It's an eleven? What it's an eleven.
Speaker 2: Because I can reck if I look just because I can see a kid this fat.
Speaker 1: And am I wrong? You're laughing?
Speaker 3: And there's every everybody in this business is probably close to a ten or eleven.
Speaker 1: Yes, of course we are. That's why we're in this business. We need validation people like us. Yes, we're insecure. That's why we're so mean to each other.
Speaker 2: When I was a fat, ugly kid, I can wreck it. It takes one.
Speaker 1: You were fat and ugly.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: My poor father father.
Speaker 1: Right, John, You don't realize I've seen hundreds of pictures of his dad with Dwight in the picture. Gosh, and the disappointing look on his father's face. Oh my ingle picture.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, nowadays who oh, No, his dad's been gone okay, thirty five years no.
Speaker 2: Fifteen years old.
Speaker 1: Thanks for bringing Thanks for bringing that up.
Speaker 2: Wow, man, I was having a good day.
Speaker 1: His dad committed suicide when he was fifteen. But great, thanks for I thought the show was going to take a dark turn. It sure did.
Speaker 2: Hey, is there any more wounds on me?
Speaker 1: Into the nerllennials his memory?
Speaker 2: Huh, I'm a Millennia. I got a call and excuse you, gen Z whatever.
Speaker 1: Wow, No, that's one of those you gotta pause and go Wowow.
Speaker 2: I will tell you this. I will tell you this. Last last week when we had the flu. I text my mom and I said, hey, Mom, I've got a fever and a flu am. I supposed to eat or not? And she text me back and she reminded what she always told me as a kid, Star of fever, feet of failure.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, that works, I know. Well yeah, let's tell you got where you are, buddy. Thank you. Okay, So what the hell are we talking about?
Speaker 2: The Goodies?
Speaker 1: I don't do the sequel? Come on, man, in their sixties.
Speaker 3: Everything's a sequel now, Adam Sandler, The Remaker is a sequel of Happy Gilmour they're doing.
Speaker 1: It's a remake or no what it's a sequence, a sequel everyone that's.
Speaker 3: An original in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: It'll it'll flop. I think it's on Netflix anyway.
Speaker 2: Here's what I understand is because look, you got all this crap television and there's really nothing out there. But then this guy Taylor Sheridan Yellowstone, Mayri of Kingstown, King of Tulsa, land Man everything. This guy touches his goat. No, so it could be done. It's just Hollywood's lazy.
Speaker 1: Here's the problem in lies. Here's the problem is because the nineteen nineties, again, social has shifted too much. You have the phone, social media, you're always in contact, there's the internet. You take away all that, and then these movies are hilarious because you went to the theater with your buddies and you laughed and it was just funny because you didn't see anything like that. You had to watch TV to see stuff like that. Now you're just overwhelmed with material and it's just not the same. It's funny when you're twenty four. If you're sixty four doing the same jokes.
Speaker 2: Hey man, look a lot of that jokes are reruns, but they're funny joke, right, I'm sorry. For example, you're right, how do you catch a unique rabbit?
Speaker 1: I don't know? Unique cup on it?
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, I remember where. Yeah, we both got infancymo laugh. I was well, I was thinking about yesterday. Is that the death rattle?
Speaker 1: If I pass out? If I pass out just to pour water on.
Speaker 2: John, I think I'd recognize that as the death rattle.
Speaker 3: It sounds pretty bad.
Speaker 2: No, I was thinking about the other day, how we would go down the Blockbuster Video and you get this big, clunky VHS cassette and then you would PLoP it in. Everybody was so excited.
Speaker 1: He We had a real quick twenty seconds. He lent me his video of Friday Friday, Oh my gosh, and he got kicked under the couch cost me one hundred and twenty five hours. And at that time, if you didn't return it, they would add up the days of the rental, not the cost of to replace it, how much it was to rent every single day of money.
Speaker 2: They lost one hundred and twenty five bucks.
Speaker 1: They assumed that they could have rendered it every single day. So we got in horrific fights. I don't even know if it came to blows in the studios because I was convinced he was lying and that he took it back. And when we moved out of that house, picked up the couch.
Speaker 2: There it was. There was I got in your argument with your wife.
Speaker 1: There it was there. It was said, Oh it was you got kick turn of the couch.
Speaker 3: I missed Blockbuster, I got an argument.
Speaker 2: I got an argument with your wife one time, and it did come to blows.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so no, I do miss When my kids were little, that was some of the most fun things we did as parents and kids. I go, let's go to the movie store, and then the kids were five and like four, and they would just run around and pick out stuff.
Speaker 2: But you remember when when we were in high school. I know, we gotta get to break. But when we were in high school, everybody like a Friday Saturday night. You know, you go down to the video store and you're looking here would be just this blockbuster movie. But then over off the corner of your eye you spot a case. It has a half naked butt on it.
Speaker 1: You lete scene. That's a terrible movie when it was. I tell you, I think if you ask my kids, they'll say those nights were fun where they could run around the store and pick out movies. Course, and they always picked out the same movies. John would pick out Sandlot and then it.
Speaker 3: Was less cool with red Box and now it's completely uncool.
Speaker 2: Ident occasionally these kids would run behind in this secret room behind the curtains and come out with a different kind of movie. Can we have this one day? Oh?
Speaker 1: Jeff Tokey said he dropped some ding dongs off if you wanted him.
Speaker 2: What, yeah, Jeff Toky sting dong?
Speaker 3: How about a golden nugget?
Speaker 2: Golden nugget baby, Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what I'm talking about. The nug.
Speaker 1: I love the nug The nug is fun the nug the nug.
Speaker 2: Is probably never mind the nug. I love the nug You love the nug everybody loves the nug And then next Saturday. This is this is the big announcement, Next Saturday today, because what's the only thing that sucks about Fat Tuesday?
Speaker 1: Tony ash Wednesday getting up on Wednesday morning.
Speaker 2: Your darn right, we are gonna have a Fat Tuesday Saturday night next Saturday, the first at the Golden Nugget. We're talking gumbo, We're talking jumbalalaya, We're talking we're talking number one hurricanes.
Speaker 1: Come on out to the Nuge.
Speaker 2: Baby. What I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: They have always something going on at the nug Listen Wednesday nights.
Speaker 1: You got karaoke at the Nugget. How about Thursdays?
Speaker 2: That's music bingo Friday and Saturday's the best of live music at the Golden Nugget. I love the Nugget. You're gonna love the nug see it the Golden Nugget. Stick around more on the way, including Really in the Years and Mayor Greenberg and more importantly Rachel Greenberg on the show it's all on the way. News Radio Wait four d w h S