Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now for our community connection. Right here, one, kay, one, the one you trust. We're going Broadway on you. Here we've got the Kelly Ford and Kathy Venable and here with us today we're talking about the Broadway. I hope I'm saying that correctly. Yeah. Well, you know what, I not very good at French, but I like the food.
Speaker 2: Good answer, all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah. First of all, tell us a little bit about what's going on here, Keathy.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, we have a wonderful show of Broadway tunes. It's about an hour and ten minutes long. We did it in Tulsa at the Philbrook Art Museum, sold out there and had a great crowd, and thought, we want to take this thing on the road.
Speaker 1: Well, good, it's.
Speaker 3: Piano and voice. I'm playing piano, Kelly singing and I also sing.
Speaker 2: So we do it. We solo. It's really a fun, fun no intermission. Just one hour.
Speaker 4: After our debut, we had so many people say you've got to do that again somewhere, and I thought, okay, let's do it again.
Speaker 1: So well, here we are, we are. Do tell us a little bit about yourself now you do this, especially engagements.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean a little bit about myself. I'm a singer. I have a vocal performance degree. I was on Star Search way back in the day. Hey, and somehow I ended up doing corporate events. I stumbled into it, and I've been doing that for years now, so I get to travel some. And I thought, you know, Kathy came back to town after COVID hit and we started working together, and I thought, let's do this Broadway show together. And so it's something I've always wanted to do. She's got a lot more experience on Broadway than I do.
Speaker 1: But I was going to say, yeah, you've boomed Broadway.
Speaker 3: Yes, I moved to New York and three when I was thirty five, I thought, I'm going to go and see if I can play some Broadway orchestra pits.
Speaker 2: And I did, so is there for twelve years.
Speaker 3: Then I went on tour with Phantom of the Opera, Sounta Music and Frozen for five years, and then pandemic hit shut our business down, and I came back home to Tulsen thought I miss home.
Speaker 2: So I'm here, but I still want to do the Broadway music.
Speaker 3: And Kelly's really good at it, so we wanted to do that together.
Speaker 1: Well it sounds like it was fate for you too, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think so, absolutely. Yeah, Yeah, we met in I guess twenty ten. We did a show Milk. Who Kathy Vinible is, so I've known who she was for a long time. Yeah, and Kelly for It's famous too, so I've known him for a long time.
Speaker 4: Anyway, she's really amazing. So we got to work together, and yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Needed this show with Signature Symphony back oh wow, twelve thirteen years ago and really got to sing with that orchestra.
Speaker 2: I think it was that long ago. So it's nice to get to sing again.
Speaker 1: To tell you, guys are going to pair up on August tenth, seven thirty at the historic Constantine Theater. Yeah, you've already been there, You've done the layout.
Speaker 4: Yes, I've checked it out a few times. We've got some friends in Bahusca. So yeah, it's a cool theater. I heard it's haunted, but we're not supposed to talk about that.
Speaker 2: No, No, they don't like it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you some stories right there. But anyway, in that place, I did a music video there, so I know what it feels like to be on that stage and I've also performed for live audience on there too. You can see the eyeballs everybody.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's an ultimate setting, really good. But the acoustics are amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I guess it was built as an opera house back when there was no sound reinforcement available to anybody. And yeah, the acoustics are really nice. So we're looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, this is really going to be a fantastic event. We've got tickets available through event right, Yes, I said it right, that's one in a row.
Speaker 2: Yes, you got it.
Speaker 4: Broadway soire Pahusca.
Speaker 2: That's what you look for when you go on the website.
Speaker 1: That's what wonderful. What are your favorite songs on here going?
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, I've got so.
Speaker 1: Many everyone, we do well.
Speaker 4: The ones the ones I took me a while to learn was Trouble. You got Trouble from music Man and uh, I really love doing that one, so that's new to me. The other ones I've done several times before. But you know, there's soliloquy from U Carousel that's fun. But there's some really cool arrangements that aren't normal your normal arrangements that I that I've found so once for Impossible dream uh one is from Wizard of Oz. If I only had a brain. That's a really cool arrange.
Speaker 2: They're jazzy.
Speaker 3: I am not a jazz pianist, but he found some arrangements that make me feel cool because they're written out kind of jazzy.
Speaker 1: Which which ones do you like?
Speaker 3: I'm excited about getting to sing from Sound of Music because I did that tour, so I'm doing I have confidence in springtime, so that'll be fun. Get to play and sing on that. And the is hysterical. On the comedic songs, she's really good.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Has to sit at the piano and sing and play and communicate and all that. All I have to just stand up there and well, he found his funny bones.
Speaker 1: He's got a good agent.
Speaker 2: There you go, and I do too. Are fun doing this together. It's a fun show.
Speaker 1: Now. This is going to be August the tenth at seven thirty at the Constantine Theater. What do the ticket ranges are?
Speaker 2: Thirty thirty dollars dollars?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're going to get all those entertainments for all that for thirty we had some fifty dollars tickets, but those are all sold out.
Speaker 1: I figured, so were those the ones where they have the nice table.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, fancy down front?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, they know how to first class.
Speaker 2: Theater is pretty pretty.
Speaker 4: You know, there's not a bad seat in there, there's not, surely not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're really cool. Like I said, you you it's intimate. Well there's there were a lot of seats, but it's not over. That's the way I like these theaters. You feel like you're going to be, you know, really up close to the artists, but respectfully giving them space. Good.
Speaker 4: And our program is just piano vocal, so it lends itself to intimacy anyway, because you just there's nothing. It's underproduced. You get what you you know, it's it's very minimal.
Speaker 3: So we're telling stories about the songs and some personal experiences with them, so it'd be nice to because audience.
Speaker 1: So you know, that's that's also a great storytelling venue. It is, and I can see where that is really going to play well in that venue and also to the people too. Now I understand we've got folks that may be coming in from far away is Kansas and Tulsa. It could be Voklahoma City, Bartlesville. You know, everybody's invited. I mean, it's not like geographical district thing that's going to hang up. You know, if you can hear a voice and you want to witness to show you.
Speaker 4: Can't, yes, one of those city oh yeah wherever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we're not that far from a lot of places, so come on down.
Speaker 1: You know, we've got such beautiful historic theaters in our area. Constantine, you got the Coleman over there, Miami and the Pocket over there as well. Oh and it's all three of these things. You know, it's like that's that's the theater Trinity. And if you haven't been to the Constantine Theater lately, you might as well just say eight pen because they really dressed that thing up and done a lot of work, really a lot of work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you can come in for dinner because there are great places really close to the theater to have dinner as.
Speaker 4: Right, So partnered with the Dirty Laundry, which is a restaurant. Yeah, so if you want to come, tell them you come to the concert, show them your ticket and you look fifteen percent off your meal wow before the show.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you just got to show the ticket.
Speaker 3: Right, and you know There are plenty of other places around there too.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I got.
Speaker 3: The red drumming places and pizza.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right before.
Speaker 1: I go out of town, go to the let' see a little bad Brad. You can do that too, Okay, down the street. You know, the whole the whole town is historic. To be quite honest with you, I haven't been there in a while. Make a day of it. Go there in the afternoon, do some shopping, grab yourself a meal, and then top it off with one of the best shows you're ever going to see this year.
Speaker 2: Thankank you. We're looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: You ought to be looking forward to you.
Speaker 2: It's all about us. Oh yeah, you have kind of.
Speaker 1: Caught up and then everything else. Oh yeah, we are going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're doing it. It's a really fun show. It's a happy show. You'll leave with a smile.
Speaker 4: There's been a lot of work to get it ready, but it's been such a joy to be able to perform it and to thought, let's just do this as many times as we can't.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because it's.
Speaker 1: Well, you know something, I think you guys are just getting started.
Speaker 2: I think you're right. I like that idea. Yeah, Okay, thank you for that.
Speaker 1: So you did the TV show. I got to ask you, what was it like to do Star Search? Oh?
Speaker 4: It was amazing. Uh, you know back in the day, you know, we'd watch stars. This was before American and Idol.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, and just the one with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a clip on YouTube you can find kell with mcman.
Speaker 4: Thanks. And my mother would say, you need to audition for Star Search. So I don't know how to do that. So there was a little address at the end of the program on the and I wrote it down and I sent him a cassette demo. Didn't hear back from from for six months, and then they called me and they said, can you send us a video? And I made a video and sent that to them overnighted it to him. You didn't hear back from him for six months, and then that a whole year later, they called me and said, this is Chad from Star Search. Congratulations. So they flew me out to l A and I was I lost, but it was it was a good experience and I'm glad.
Speaker 2: I sang, well I heard the recording. Yeah I got robbed.
Speaker 1: Yes, we got the Hollywood back story coming up here exactly.
Speaker 4: But you know, a lot of a lot of well known people were on Star Search. They were Sindbad the comedian he was, he was on. There a lot of singers that didn't go very far on Star Starch ended up having pretty good careers.
Speaker 1: So there you go. I understand there are actually a few bands that are still playing today that were in the pop genre or I think say Brown Brown right.
Speaker 4: I did a corporate event with Sawyer Brown and I said, hey, you were on you want to start.
Speaker 1: Right about the nicest guys you ever want to meet. I know, I know the world gets smaller, doesn't it does?
Speaker 2: It really doesn't.
Speaker 1: You know you're going to bring Broadway back home books. I want you to know. It's called Broadway and you go to event bright dot com to get you tickets, and it's going to be at the historic Constantine Theater. If you go to the hysteric one, you go to the wrong place and go to the historic. Oh well, there will may be some historical moments, but you want to make sure that you get your tickets. It's a it's only thirty bucks and you can show your tickets at the at the Dirty Launch, at the Dirty Laundry and you get fifteen percent off your meal.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 1: So you know, like I said earlier, make a day of it. Just go over, do some walk and do some talking, do some shopping, do some meeting, and then do some reclining and.
Speaker 4: Joyeical museums in the hus Ben Johnson Museum is my favorite.
Speaker 2: It's really.
Speaker 4: Shop, do some museums to go to the Dirty Laundry for dinner, and come to our show.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, you'll feel clean as a wisdom. Yeah, I won't think you both were making the big trip up here than having. It's so forward to seeing you on August tenth. Okay, all right, folks, you've been watching and listening to our community connection