Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm Easy Boston News Radio.
Speaker 2: Thanks el Okay, we are going to pick up one call from last hour dealing with the resolution, at least the temporary resolution of the hospital crisis here in Massachusetts, and that is Katie in Westboro. Katie, I'll make an exception for you. You go right ahead.
Speaker 3: I actually was listening to you on my drive home where I've been an emergency room position for twenty two years. Yeah, and I just I couldn't help but call in as I think your energy about the medical school thing is a little misdirected. Yeah. So I agree we need more doctors that would be helpful, But I think what we need to do is prevent the loss of doctors from primary care. You know, working in the er for so long, I we're seeing a lot more like I feel so bad for my primary care colleagues. They're so overworked and hamstrung by insurance companies that they're stuck doing prior authorizations and making phone calls and after our care they're getting their butts kicked.
Speaker 4: Yeh way.
Speaker 2: By the way, I'm not being defensive, but we have talked about that and I agree with you totally. I have had a great primary care physician who told me privately that one of the reasons that he had decided to leave his practice, and he was only in his sixties so I considered him to be a young man, was that the amount of paperwork, yeah that was involved was overwhelming. So I'm on the same page with you on that. You go right, whatever point you want to make.
Speaker 3: Oh, sure, just in terms of, like you know, more doctors will help, certainly, But I think the bigger issue is insurance companies because they're just putting the stranglehold on primary care doctors who don't want to do it anymore, so they leave. And then that trickles down to where I work, where we're seeing, you know, patients who can't get cat scans authorized, and then we're they're coming to the er for their belly pain that had for a month, and we're diagnosing cancer in the ear that could have been picked up if they had gotten the prior authorization approved sooner. We're also seeing you know, the primary care people who can't find primary care docs. I know that's been a very common issue. Yeah, it's crazy, so they come to the ear appropriately. I feel so bad for people they're they're suffering and coming to us in the emergency room, waiting six to eight hours to be seen, you know, for something that could have been an office visit and a follow up. And it's just I feel like it's I really feel like the insurance companies are at the They're they're pulling the strings behind the scenes, making hospitals and doctors look selfish, like they just want to make money. And really it's it is about money, but it's.
Speaker 4: About them.
Speaker 2: From the patient's point of view, which is my point of view. I have a health savings.
Speaker 3: Account okay, which allows me to.
Speaker 2: Put away about thirty one and fifty dollars a year, so called pre tax money. So the incentive is I have to when I use that account from my medical services, I then have to submit a request to to this company that is holding my money, and for them to release my money can be worse than pulling a wisdom tooth. Meaning they know, they want the name of the doctor, they want some sort of a code about what was done. They want the day it was done. They want to know what the doctor had for breakfast that morning. They want to know. You know, it's insane to me just to recover my money. And it's a scam. It's a scam that many of these financial companies that are holding our money hold the money because if you don't use the money by year's end, you lose the money.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: And so so that was set up by Congress. And of course what what the what these companies will tell you is they'll say, well, we have for our hospital. First of all, you call and you're always going to get someone in the Phillipps who doesn't speak English, and ye please, I'm not xenophobic necessarily, but i'd like to I always ask for an on on short person. It's they make it so difficult, not only on you, the doctors, but on us, the patients. And you're right, it's the insurance companies and it's these financial services companies that have this scam going on where I'm separated from my money in order to pay you.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how crazy is that?
Speaker 3: It's it's crazy, and it's it's really and it's only going to get worse. The other thing too, is like all these community hospitals now with this crisis that we have now, right, insurance companies will reimburse like a local community hospital less than they will a Boston hospital for the same exact like a gallbladdery moval. And it squeezes the hospital, the community hospital. Like I work in the community hospital. It squeezes us badly. And so it's really it's really hard to you know, kind of figure out how to get the internce companies to just pay equally. Like you know, gallblader surgery should cost the same if it's at the Brigham or if it's at the Showba.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: And I want to tell you one other story, just so you can put this in your arsenal of story just that got taken from you some of the arsenal of stories. So recently, my wife got a pair of prescription sunglasses from this company which was freaking out sunglasses for relatively inexpensive. All you have to do is get your own prescription and a couple of other statistics. And so the cost came for the sunglasses eighty one dollars in ninety eight cents. I mean a pair of prescription sunglasses. Now they're not the coolest look at sunglasses in the world. And the other sort of sunglass is if you lose them while you lose them. But it hasn't cost you five hundred dollars. My financial services company they approved of the eighty one dollars in ninety eight cents. They approved eighty one dollars, and so they said to me that they approved eighty one dollars, but I have to remitt ninety eight cents. I'm serious, serious, It will cost almost as much of a postage stamp as it will. But again, that's that's a company that is owned by United Healthcare. If you know which one I'm talking.
Speaker 3: About, Oh, yeah, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then I get one final question for you, okay, because I asked this of all my doctors, doctor friends, and now you're one of my doctor friends.
Speaker 5: Speak.
Speaker 2: Why is it that so many American students who who have to go offshore to go to medical school to places like Granada and and other Caribbean islands, which why can't we get more medical schools in this country up and running?
Speaker 3: Yeah, more med schools would be would be cool. I will speak to the UMass thing. That's where that's where I went graduated in nineteen ninety nine. You mentioned your friend's son who sounds very overqualified, like very qualified, you.
Speaker 2: Know, very qualified. This kid had a resume that, like you wouldn't believe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh I believe it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. His dad is a surgeon at a major teaching hospital in Boston, and you would think that they might say, gee, you know, this kid should But again, maybe there were a hundred. There's only one hundred and twenty seats there.
Speaker 3: Am I There are one hundred when I went there, fifty men, fifty women, and you had to be from Massachusetts. Those extra twenty students that they have there now and it might be even a little bit more, it might be thirty or forty. But either way, the extra students that they have there now can be from other states, so then they can charge them more. But one hundreds still have to be from Massachusetts. And I look at that is so it's super competitive to get in. I would never be a doctor if you mass hadn't existed. I'm from Lawrence. I was working at Malden Mills, you know, when I was applying to med school. That was my backup.
Speaker 2: Jobs I was.
Speaker 3: I started med school the year after, so excuse me, the year before the fire started, So I would.
Speaker 2: Have been working with that cold December night as a television reporters.
Speaker 7: I bet you do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I was working there the summer before, and that would have been my job if I you know, I up and smoke if I had not gotten into U Mass. But U Mass is a special school in that it really it tries to pull.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I was qualified, I'm not a dummy, but I didn't have any connections, and a lot of the U Mass students are smart kids who don't have those connections. Like your friend's son was going to get in somewhere. You know, he was going to find a way. If I didn't get into you Mass. I don't know how I would have afforded med school. I looked into the military. I had a medical condition I was I couldn't join the military. It would have been it would have been tricky. And you Mass gave me my degree, and I am so grateful to them, and I feel like it's just the best school ever and it's great for underserved and absolutely great.
Speaker 2: But there's a bunch of Massachusetts kids I know, if I don't know them personally, who are in an offshore medical school right now in Grenada or somewhere else.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it would be great to have more, more, more, more, school spots for every study in.
Speaker 2: An intelligent society, where's we're a state with six point seven six point eight million people and our medical school graduates one hundred and twenty a year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, yeah, that's definitely part of the problem. But I think everybody coming out of there now is specializing too, because nobody wants to go into primary care because of what insurance companies have done to primary care. God bless any actual physician who's still in primary care because they're really they have my full respect because they work harder than anybody.
Speaker 2: Here's my problem, and I'll let you go with this. The only group that I trust less than insurance companies are the politicians. I mean, the politicians told us when Obamacare passed and Rodney Care passed, it was nirvana. All it is is more paperwork.
Speaker 3: Well, honestly, I would be happy with universal health care to not have to deal with this stuff. Now that maybe may regret saying that out loud, but it's just all the insurance companies with all their rules causing all these issues. I feel like we just need one plan to cover everybody. And I know that's I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I don't want to have a I don't want to have system like Canada or yeah, where people wait for months months.
Speaker 3: That's true. No, yeah, that's that's true. It's there's downsides to everything.
Speaker 2: Got it, Katie, Thank you so much for you call pleasure to make your acquaintance. I hope you can to listen to my show, and I hope you call more off because we do deal with subjects like this where it's it's great to have someone like you or the fellow who's the neuro surgeon last hour, Gerald from Cape Carr to call in. We have we have a quality listenership here on. Thank you, Katy.
Speaker 3: All right, no found, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 2: All right, take care, Okay, we're gonna take a break. We come back. We're gonna deal with the issue of will Donald Trump end up in jail, honor about September eighteenth, uh, if Judge won meet him in New York decides that he wants to make a spectacle of Trump uh and a joke of the twenty twenty four presidential election. This is fascinating and if you don't think it's possible, well wake up. Coming back on Night Side right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray Live from the Window World Night Side Studios on w b Z, the news radio.
Speaker 2: So the question is will Donald Trump be in jail on September eighteenth? You say, what are you talking about, Dan Well. Donald Trump was convicted last spring thirty four counts by New York jury thirty four felon accounts in Manhattan, and he was due to be sentenced in July. But there was a Supreme Court decision that came down, which according to the New York Times article that I'm reading from, which actually is dated today. I'm not sure if it's in tomorrow's paper. Today's paper says mister Trump, who has routinely sought delays in his four criminal cases, wants the extra time to fight his conviction, an effort that hinges on a recent US Supreme Court decision as a court ruling granting him broad immunity for official actions as president. His lawyers cited that decision in their request that the judge, Justice Wan Merchant overturned the verdict and threw out the charges. Prosecutors from the Manhattan DA's office, which brought the case, noted in response that it had nothing to do with mister Trump's official acts in the White House. This is an article written by Ben Protests, Kate christ Beck and Jonah Bromwitz. So the sentencing, which was supposed to happen in July I think it was July fifteenth, was postponed for two months until September eighteenth. September eighteenth now is a little more than a month away. Today's the sixteenth, and on September eighteenth, Donald Trump, running for the presidency of the United States, is at this moment due to appear before Justice one Merchant, where he will face up to four years in prison, though of course the New York Times right, the judge could impose a shorter sentence run only probation. Now, imagine what would happen in this country if this judge was arrogant enough and I don't want to say stupid, because he's not a stupid man, but I'll just say arrogant enough to a sentence Trump to prison or to jail Riker's Island ninety days. Obviously there will be an effort to appeal that, but it would I think, fill the country into turmoil. And this is one judge, one New York judge. There is not a Supreme Court just this is even an is an even appeals court judge, not a federal judge. I think it would be insane for this judge to do that under the circumstances. However, having watched the demeanor of this judge, I don't think there's anything that is beyond his capability. Is pretty clear that this judge doesn't like Donald Trump. It's pretty clear that this judge is conflicted in many respects. So my question to you is, I don't care whether you're a Trump supporter or you despise him and hope that he never is able to get into the White House, even as a visitor. Again, never mind as president of the United States. You talk about a constitutional crisis, I think it would be well. Again, I don't know. There certainly are ways in which there can be an appellate court and joining this judge from conducting a sentencing before the election. It's just too close to the election. But if no appellate court acts, I'll tell you this. I talked to a friend of mine today and I asked the question, and that friend is a longtime Democrat. I mean long time Democrat, no question, he bleeds blue. He's the Democrat. Ah, he said to me, that means Trump win's the White House, So I want to know from you, do you think it's possible. I think it definitely is possible. And if it became a reality, what would that do to our system? Let's go to back to San Francisco. But I think this call is much more rational than the prior caller from San Francisco because I've had Dan from San Francisco on before. Dan, welcome back. How are you? Thanks for holding on?
Speaker 4: I'm good, Dan, Thanks very much.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that you know, if you're asking the question, is Donald Trump on a faster track to jail for the presidency? I think it's neither, because right now it's looking like he's Donald Trump is not on track to win in November. And secondly, I don't think he I think they're going to push the the sentencing off again until after the election, and even then, I think that they're going to penalize him financially, not with a prison sentence, because he's already lost two cases, civil cases in New York and in both cases they gave him fine. So five million dollars in the Eging Carroll case and three hundred and fifty five million dollars in the bank fraud case that he lost. So I don't think he's going to do a day of jail time.
Speaker 2: Well, this this judge. I don't know how closely you follow Judge Merchant, but I think that this judge has, in my opinion, shown an antipathy towards this defendant in Donald Trump. And I don't trust this judge. I think this judge is judgment. I would call into question. Now. I know Dan from our conversations, you were no fan of Donald Trump. There's no question about that. Correct, that's right, that's right. If the judge, in your opinion, were to sentence him to ninety days in jail, what do you think the reaction would be in the rest of the country.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's going to happen, Dan. I think I heard you.
Speaker 2: Dan, I heard you on that one, okay, But my question is if, if, if, if it were to happen, what what would be the reaction in your opinion and the rest of the country.
Speaker 4: Again, I don't think it's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Question I will I will not ask you the same question three times, but I appreciate you taking the time to call. And I heard I heard you twice.
Speaker 5: I heard no, Dan.
Speaker 2: Dan, I heard you twice, Okay, I mean uh, to answer a hypothetical question. Uh by telling me it's not going to happen. That means you don't want to entertain that. That a question, which is fine. I can't force you to do that, but I thank you for the call.
Speaker 4: Nonetheless, can I ask a question?
Speaker 2: No, because you didn't answer my question. Have a great night, Thanks Dan, talk soon, we'll talk again. Uh. What is it about the English language people don't understand? I don't know six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty, triple eight nine to nine ten thirty or six one seven, six, one, seven, nine three one ten thirty. Come on back to Night's side and light them up here. If you don't like Donald Trump, which I'm sure many of you don't, do you think that Judge Merchant would ever contemplate sending him to jail? I fear he would. I can't prove that, and I fear that if he did send Donald Trump to jail, he would ignite a firestorm in this country the likes of which we've never seen. Because I think it would be absolutely injudicious for him to do that. But he has that option in this Judge in my opinion, my opinion, might decide to become a little big man and exercise that option from what I've seen six thirty six, one seven, nine thirty. Back on the Night Side right after this.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Thanks al Let's see if anyone else wants to engage my hypothetical question that that Dan didn't want to didn't want to respond to. Dan, you don't want to answer my question? Why should I answer your question? Come on Alma's Fear and Love, War and talk shows. Let's go to Gary and Woolburn. Hey, Gary, welcome back. How are you sir?
Speaker 9: I think there would be a lot of problems in the USA with him going to jail and uh, a combination of violence. I don't care if this is this vandalism or anything that was you know, attributed to there's sconcing because let's face the fact, if everything goes accordingly, you know, he doesn't go to jail, everything should be fine. But it could escalate into something really terrible. And what would his president sentence be could be a few months just that, I mean, something bad could happen where they'll take it out on the Democrats. And violence could be in the streets.
Speaker 2: Agreat Well, I hope not. But I do think that if this judge was that arrogant, and I don't want to use the word stupid, but I'll use the word arrogant, if he thought that somehow he would be able to have his name etched in the history books as the first judge to send a former president to jail. Irrespect of of what problems it would rot around the country. I think people, a lot of people would be up in our I mean literally, the demonstrations everywhere. I think police departments might be overwhelmed, but it could it could get really ugly. But and I don't trust this judge. Gary. If if I thought this judge was someone who had a judicial temperament, I think this guy's has an ego the size of the state of New York. It wouldn't surprise me if he would do something that arrogant.
Speaker 9: Okay, let me wrap this up, so not being a big radio hog in uh and so forth. If you catch my drift, I just want you to know for the record, David and Dan and San Francisco, it must be cousins or brothers, because let's face the facts, I mean, after what they just did, Dan, have you ever read the book? I'm okay, you're not.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I don't want you to attack other other listen other callers here, Gary, I understand it's normally Dan who I can have some really good conversations with David. It always drifts off into la la land. And he wanted to talk about Richard Nixon and John Erlickman. I haven't talked about I haven't heard John Erlingsman's name mentioned since about nineteen seventy six. Head well, but but Dan always walks the plank. I mean he must when he makes the phone call. He better put on a bathing suit. Okay, because Rob's gonna have If I can.
Speaker 9: Just say this before I go, is this? I am starting a petition, but Dan and Jay not to call this show anymore. I got the first signature. I can count on you for the second one. Thank you, Den.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you're encounted me, Dan is Dan is welcome to call the show again, even though he didn't want to listen or entertain my hypothetical questions tonight, Dave is on thin ice. Let's put it like that, six one seven. The only line is six one, seven thirty back on the night's side. Right, No, no, actually, I'm not gonna wait what am I doing here? Let's go. We're gonna go to and Dot and met for DoD You're next night side. I'm not even going to make you wake Dot.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Hey Dan, Well, I'll tell you it doesn't have to be any violence. Nobody has to get hurt. But if that judge pulls the stunt, you don't pay your water belt, you don't pay your house tax, you don't pay your quarterlyes, you stop paying the government, and boy, they'll be bending over backward to get rid of that guy, don't you agree.
Speaker 2: Well, I will tell you this. I have no idea. I think I think that guy is on an ego trip.
Speaker 5: Oh, of course he is.
Speaker 6: He's a class A.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I'm not going to get I think he's arrogant, which is a which is a you know, which is kind of one of the seven deadly sins. I think arrogance is sort of a subset of pride, but absolutely extraordinarily arrogant. I think he would do anything to have his name etched in the history books. Yeah, and irrespective of what danger that might present to the country. I just think that some time. But don't you.
Speaker 6: Agree that if you stop paying the politicians the money they think they do that might you think really good enough?
Speaker 2: Well, if you could do that, do you think you're going to get one of American taxpayers.
Speaker 6: Well, you're not going to get the Democrats, but you'll get a lot of independence and Republicans.
Speaker 2: Well, if it happens, I want you to call me back, and you can. You could, you could start a worldwide, a nationwide effort right here at night.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm already talking about it to people. If anything happens, stop paying your taxes.
Speaker 2: I'll bet you are. I'll bet you are. You're the best. Thank you, Manto. All right, all right, we got to get a couple more, well, at least one more in here. Let's go to Lucas down in the great state of Maryland. Hi, Lucas, welcome, thanks for listening tonight's side. You're in WBZ in Boston. Go ahead, Lucas.
Speaker 10: Oh, thanks for taking my call. So I'll answer a hypothetical question Noe. First of all, the judge is totally biased. He probably would love to send Trump's ninety days in jail. But I'm I'm a retired correction officer for twenty six years. They have they have secret services to protect Trump. There's no way that he can be safe in jail. Like, it just can't happen. So if he would get sentenced to jail, they would it would be overturned before he ever spept the foot in that place. I mean that that answers your hypothetical question. Yeah, like, there's no way.
Speaker 2: I hope you're right, because I think it would.
Speaker 5: Be a yeah, there's no way. There's just no way, you.
Speaker 2: Know, for this judge to do. But I could see that judge trying that, and absolutely. I talked tonight with a friend of mine who's Democrat and who was the head of a major Democratic presidential candidates campaign a few years ago. Okay, I'm not going to identify who the person was, and I ran this by him and he said, that means. That means if that were to happen, he says, Trump would be elected, and he's not a Trump guy. So there would be some reverberations here politically as well as maybe you know, publicly, if you get my drift.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely, yeah, there's just what do you.
Speaker 2: You said, you're retired as corrections officer.
Speaker 10: Correct, Yeah, I was retired. I've retired correction Austin for twenty six years. There's just so like I'm not saying that judge wouldn't try to do it. Like I agree with everybody what they're saying. That guy is biased, he's arrogant. They'll put it on the record. He would love to say ninety days, he would love to stay. But there's no way that Trump can step into Rikers Island for ninety days.
Speaker 9: You can't.
Speaker 10: You can't. You can't keep him safe. Secret how how is the secret Service going to be in there?
Speaker 4: Like, it's just it.
Speaker 10: Just it just can't happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's unprecedented. We can agree upon that. Lucas, thank you much. Great to hear your voice. Thanks for listening. You're regular. You're a regular listener down there, I assume.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm a I've called in like two or three times. I've talked to you. Yeah, I'm a regular listener.
Speaker 2: Really enjoy it, call more often. I love talking to people from different parts of the country.
Speaker 10: Okay, you take care of yourself.
Speaker 2: You do, Lucas, Be well, all right, I got a couple of lines open here. We're going to change topics at eleven, So if you want to get in six months, seven two, five, four, ten thirty also six one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. And where am I going to go next? Let me go next to I don't want a shortcutch. You know what, Xavier, you hold on, Christine, you hold on, I'll get to you. I do not want to show cut anyone here in terms of time, So Xavity, you will be next, followed by Christine and fill up the other lines. We'll get as many folks in as we can. Would this judge ever send Donald Trump to jail? And if he did, if he sent us into jail, what would happen in America? I don't think this judge should even consider it, but his arrogance might overwhelm his limited use of judgments that he has displayed so far during this this trial. Back on Nightside, right after.
Speaker 1: This, now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, where we're going next? I think we're going to go talk next to Xavier. Xavier in Roxbury. Next on Nightside, Xavier, go right ahead.
Speaker 7: They get chicking my call. My first time you hear me.
Speaker 2: Appreciate applause from our digital studio audience. Go right ahead, Xavier, I.
Speaker 7: Must say, I you have to sleep for many many years in my time where I'm going to work and see a lot. He sees like a non pr so interviewer who can accept both sides. I will say, a black man whom mother picked cotton in this country, who folks sharecrop, who folks went through Jim Crow the civil rights to hold the whole lynching, the whole JKKK, the whole. Storc told me. I will say right now, and it's and going and known history of the company going by the civil war. We've been a civil war since twenty and sixteen twenty we have been yes, and now we're going to a second coup into America. So I'll say right now by you know who it is, I'm calling it Car's name. But I will say one thing. Know he's not gonna go to jail. No, Why he's a rich white man. He can go to jail. No, they may punalize them with some mono with the monetary you know, payback, but jail time for footing. No, it ain't gonna happen. Why he's rich and white one two. Now when asks you and your audience that have an Obama or miss Harris, how would you feel and what do you think the judge should put them in jail on the same charges. No, oh no, not you, but your audience.
Speaker 2: Well that's I would suspect most of my audience would say absolutely not as.
Speaker 7: Well, well, you know you can't talk for them, See that sounds. And also because he said he can't go to jail, because I agree he should go to jail. If I was me, I go to jail. But because because because this country, you know, to be in a silent civil war, believed that if he go to jail, it's like if he's sitting there king to jail and king cannot. And we had for the king, we had to the thing my ten year old nephew, Grants Learner day about the democracy and it's gone. We had towards the king and people who are speaking speaking some Biblio fearmongling, some biby old wives mean old talk. If he goal is going to be a Protestiphan's world, oh my god, it's gonna be world that's called under that's called undermining democracy in this country, like.
Speaker 2: I'm saying. What I'm saying to you is let me ask I'll ask you the question.
Speaker 7: If you sell it, yes, you said no, it should be.
Speaker 2: If you don't mind, let me ask you the questions so I get your perspective. If this judge put Donald Trump in jail, say for ninety days beginning September eighteenth, what do you think the response of this country would be? Do you think everybody would wake up and yawn the next morning and say, oh, you know, that's no big deal. Is that what you think it would happen?
Speaker 7: Well, criminals, good criminals, liars, there's lords, liars to them, someone's trying to steal from them, a calm message, so someone trying to calm them. So I would use those of this simples, the simples that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't under stay the answer, but I appreciate the effort. Thank you very much, Davy. We will talk again, call anytime. Appreciate you calling.
Speaker 7: I'm getting to fix my call. Thank you, God, Blank you very much.
Speaker 2: Welcome. Okay, let me keep rolling. He's gonna take everyone. Christine and Dadhim. Christine welcome next on nightside. How are you?
Speaker 8: Oh good?
Speaker 7: How are you Dan?
Speaker 2: Well? I'm asking a question, love to know what you think. Do you think this judge would be crazy enough to do that? And if he did, what do you think the reaction of the public would be.
Speaker 9: I seriously, I think he could.
Speaker 3: He might possibly, But the question is my family was all saying too, he wouldn't have the Secret Service in there.
Speaker 11: It wouldn't be safe.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think he would have Secret Service. They could incarcerate him in such a way technically in which they could have him in an isolated area. There are there are ways in which there are inmates. Child molesters are always protected in jail. Yeah, I mean, you have some of the worst people in the world. The nine to eleven bombers are one eleven bomber is you have? You have some other very high profile criminals that that are in jail and they get extra security, and I suspect they could you know they I mean, that would be one of the arguments. But I think Secret Service would basically set up shop, that he would be in a part of the jail where he'd be isolated and there would be Secret Service on duty.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, do you think that the possibility could happen?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't. This judge seems to be extraordinarily arrogant, and I think that an arrogant judge is a dangerous judge in my opinion. See, we'll see.
Speaker 3: How about the possibility of home consignment take all his communication away from them?
Speaker 2: Well, I think that would I think that would upset people too. This is the middle of a presidential race on September eighteenth. Say we're going to give you hope confinement, and we're gonna you're gonna take your your cell phones away. You won't be able to campaign, you you can't leave your house. I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, it's going to be fun.
Speaker 2: To see what happens on September eighteenth. Talking about Christine, Hey, thank you so much for following in as always.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Thank you the weekend, you too, you too.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna sleep a lot this weekend, Thanks Christine. All right, let me go next. I'm going to try to get three people in here, so bear with me. Let's go to Mary Beth in hand over Mary Beth next on night Siga right ahead, Hi.
Speaker 11: Dan, So what I think is going to end up happening is he's going to get home confinement, and I'm sure he'll get some kind of monetary confinement, but I think that's probably what they're going to end up doing if they take off.
Speaker 2: So if they give him home confinement, he's off the campaign trail. I think the country will we'll be very upset with that decision.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think whatever happens, you know, if for that kind of confinement, people are already talking about a civil war, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 9: We should be.
Speaker 11: Coming together at rocky times are coming, you know, but to get it's going to get rocky, I should say. But I think that's my opinion. I think he's going to end up with home confinement, and I think it's going to be really bad to the country.
Speaker 2: Well if that happens, buckle up.
Speaker 11: But you know, then again, if he if he if they didn't give him anything, that would be bad. A lot of people would be saying, oh, of course, you know, fair is fair. It's such a it's a fine line to walk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a very fine line. As always, Mary Beth, thank you much for being a question.
Speaker 11: I'm going to go watch this beautiful moon of Great Night.
Speaker 2: I caught a glimpse of it earlier tonight. Myself. Thanks so much. Talk soon. Okay, we're gonna get two in. We're going to be successful here and get two in. Going to start off with Leslie in Hudson, Massachusetts. Leslie, thanks for calling in your thoughts on the question of the hour.
Speaker 11: Hey, Dansa, I might go against the grain, but I'm just wondering why shouldn't he be put in jail?
Speaker 2: Well, Uh, timing is everything, and when you have a major political candidate, you're not going against the grain. You're asking a good question. When you have a major political candidate, former president who's going to be incarcerated maybe six weeks before an election, that's gonna it's gonna to a lot of people smell like banana Republic time.
Speaker 11: Well, I would go by the old adage, if you're presidential candidate, you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
Speaker 2: That's fine, no problem. And you know, if if you think that's if you think that's so, therefore you think that this judge may very well do that is what you're what you're telling me.
Speaker 5: I don't know what he will do, and well, no one knows.
Speaker 2: What he will do, but I think he I think he has the arrogance to put him in jail, and I think that could cause I think it could become a very ugly scene around the country. That's all I'm saying to you right now. And that judge I had a friend of mine tonight who I mentioned. I'm not going to tell you who he was, but someone who's a big time Democratic political operative who I bumped in when we talked about this. I said, what happens if if this judge put Trump's and puts Trump in jail? He says, Trump wins.
Speaker 5: The election, Well, that would brighten me kind of it both ways.
Speaker 2: Letsten, thanks, thanks, I got to get one more in. Uh, thanks for Colin. Always love different points of view, and I really do appreciate you taking the time of call. Again.
Speaker 11: Can I just say one other quick thing.
Speaker 2: You gotta be really quick because there's another person who I want to I want to accommodate.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, yep, just really quickly.
Speaker 11: I I'm afraid for our country if we start dealing out criminal penalties based on how the public would feel.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you much appreciate it. Let's go to Ian in San Antonio, Texas and you are going to wrap the hour. Get about a minute for you.
Speaker 8: You go right ahead, Okay, I'll be quick.
Speaker 2: Thought yea.
Speaker 8: My thought is the funny part is that he would be sentenced to home confinement for May thirty sixty whatever days until the election with them the election.
Speaker 2: But well, well that's a friend of mine tonight who's a Democratic political operative and told me.
Speaker 8: But I think this campaigning from home?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure enough. Well, unless they take all of his electronic devices away and you've got to call early on, I give you much more time. But I thank you.
Speaker 8: You got a one one thing by that. I think they'll continue it without a finding. You think what they'll continue it without a finding?
Speaker 2: Uh, well, we will see and they do that. You can say whatever you want, but we're done for now. Thanks, have a great night.
Speaker 9: Bye, You got a darling.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. When we come back, I want to ask you the question is twenty to our next hour, So there for the question next hour is going to be very simple, and that is what is on your bucket list for the summer of time twenty twenty four. Not your real bucket list, but that's the list of things you wanted to do this summer which you have yet to do and will you get it accomplished. That's the eleven o'clock hour. Tonight, the twentieth hour. We'll be back right after the eleven o'clock news