Speaker 1: I gotta tell you today today, what could I like in this too? My button bar is so amazing today, My stack is amazing today. And you know, I really have to do a lot of work for it. But I'm okay with that. You still got to cobble it together, refine it, and deliver it. But and I was thinking, I was remembering back Ross, did you I don't know how it worked for your fam? How many kids were in your family? Again? We had four in mine? How many?
Speaker 2: Me and my two older sisters. But my sister Debbie was pretty much out of the house most Well, there's a ten year difference between the.
Speaker 1: Two, right, that's right, that's right, Okay, all right, So we had we had a thing. It was very rare that it actually worked. So my mom, you know, she had to take the kids to the grocery store. There was an incentive promise, and that is, if everyone behaves themselves, and it was a team effort. So if somebody put a jelly donut and their foot locker, we're all doing push ups. Okay, so but if everybody behaves themselves. And now, as an adult, I realized this, and my mom had the money in her budget, which she probably normally didn't, but on the very rare occasion that all the pieces fell into line, my mom had a couple extra dollars. Everyone absolutely behaved themselves. There was no cutting corners. There was a possibility to check out that from that rack, that last rack that they had a DJ's Foods, which was the big grocery store in Buffalo. They we had an IgA as well, but we went to DJs. If that happened, she may say, you may pick one thing in reference to the candy bars. Oh you're like rich, what dude. If it happened once every few months, I'd be surprised because we just couldn't. We're just you know, we're all hyped up running around, and then you usually got in trouble trying to enforce because like one of my sisters would be like, I'll misbehave if you don't give me party, like absolutely diabolical stuff. So then you're trying to enforce it as the older one, and my mom knew what was up. Now we're under the don't touch anything, don't look at anything rule. Oh yeah, no, no, no. That was part of the first part where you've got to behave yourself. So there is no standing in the next to the cereals, you know, holding the box that was That was an instafoul. You're ejected from the game and everyone else suffers. That's how I feel today. I feel like, although there was there was the one crazy incident where my sister, overwhelmed with the decision, did not in a timely manner select and my mom stone cold said all right, time's up, No treat dude, Dude, ain't doing that again. No, no, that never happened, although I did get barred from candy access over the normal incident. One of my sisters got a kitten for Christmas, and I decided I was gonna name it normal. Do you get the reference? By the way, that was the that was Garfield's other cat, the one he kept trying to mail to Abu Dhabi, right along with Odie. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. So I thought it'd be funny and she did not think it was funny. And by the way, you're gonna be on my side. Do you know what she wanted to name the cat? Ikabad? I know you got a Nope, yeah, we do a beef going back to like ninety three. Nope, yeah, Look, Ross just got triggered man that was his rival school there where everything was uh, candy cane and candy canes and roses over there, man, let's see here. So yeah, and I was successful, and then we would we would. I could get little pieces of cheese, she couldn't see them, and I'd say normal, and then the cat would come over because it knew I had cheese, which I don't know do that, but and then she'd start crying. And by the way, the cat ended up being named normal. So I won, but I got a lot of trouble over that. So with that in mind, I don't know where to start today, all that childhood memory, because every day I say, it's a crazy day. What happened yesterday, and the information that was coming out yesterday, and the response, the insta response on a Wednesday in the middle of the day for the Democrats to get a bunch of people marching around downtown Raleigh man protesting Musk protesting Trump. I'm not surprised, but what was going on yesterday, what was going on yesterday is essentially all of these things, whether they are things that reward donors, whether they are things that keep people in line because somebody in the intelligence community or somebody in the political community can be like, well, look, you don't want to vote that way. I think people need to know about the three million dollar kickback to your charity. Blah blah blah. Right, all of those things rather than being continued to be used. But you ever wonder why members of the different political parties will only torch each other so far. Sometimes it's because the other guy's got something. All of those things, so much of it tied to programs like USAID. They just put it out there. They just came out figuratively with pieces of paper with all this stuff and then threw it on stage like a bachelor party at a strip club, and you're making it rain and it's just there and everyone can see it. Politico Politico didn't make payroll yesterday. They say it was a tech glitch. I'll let you decide the amount of money that was going to play, and this is how it would go. It would go for digital subscriptions, a lot of it, not all of it, a lot of it. Now there's a lot of money too through USA that is that was through advertising campaigns, PSA campaigns, things like that. So you know there's a lot of media outlets will be on that list, but you got to look and see what they were doing with it and how it was with Politico. They were buying digital subscriptions and not a few eight million dollars worth, so that I guess people within the office who were over trying to get their transgender opera and Colombia up and running have access to Politico is it and they'll just say, well, it's for resources and periodicals and stuff. Now everybody knows what's up there. If I want a story off Politico, if I want to read a story off Politico, it's very easy for me to do it. I don't have a subscription, and if there is a subscription, chances are somebody has written a story about the story that has the details, or there's there's a bunch of websites where you can go and just drop the r L in and then see it, or half the time if you just click reader view you can see it. No, that's how you launder eight million dollars. In the opinion of many people myself kind of included, and it was just hit after hit after hit. By the way, do you know where the Doge team is today? Where his we got we need a name for the for this. You know, this group of six dudes with their laptops and their zin man, you know, like elliot Ness had the Untouchables. Wait, we need a name for these dude. How about Uncrustables. They're young, the possibilities. Some of them don't eat crust. I don't know. I'll work on something. But they're at National Institute of Health today. And if you think that the kick and the screaming was crazy yesterday day, holy cow man, it's just gonna get worse. And everyone who's shown up to pro understand what you're protesting. You're protesting this and over on Blue Sky. I don't know if you've got a sense of what the what people are saying over on Blue Sky. Let me let me help you out. You have, and not just on Blue Sky, on Twitter and others. You have a bunch of people that have been convinced that the reason the Musk and his team were there using read only basically, you know, they're not altering code, according to the White House, but rather just looking at what's there and then going, hey, look at this. They there, they were convinced that they were stealing people's bank accounts. And because that's what Democrat politicians were feeding them yesterday, screw reaming their head off. You got to Al Green down there trying, oh we gotta we got here, we go with this againuys, to it not rise that the movement to impeach the president has begun?
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, to announce that I will bring articles of impeachments against the president.
Speaker 1: You will for destardly deeds proposed? Wait, wait, bastardly deeds? Do we know how much they cost? Ross? Do you how much the dastardly deeds were. I would hope that we were able to get a cheap, cheap price on him, and they were done as such, and destinardly deeds done dirt cheap. I think Ross cut that part off. All right, So we got we're gonna go through impeachment. Chuck Schumer's up there. He didn't have props yesterday, but he's doing his thing. Everyone is losing their mind because if anyone even the people march around downtown Raleigh yesterday for a moment, we're intellectually honest and just look back and went, I'm sorry, we spent and I'm not Let me let me share a number with you. This is one of my favorite little stories from yesterday, Ross, how much do you think the us AID in total spent attempting to get American well, not just Americans, I believe, yeah, not just Americans, but primarily Americans to eat less pizza, either by force or by appealing to them. How much how many tax dollars do you think USAID spent in the last last administration, last five years, last five years to get people to not eat pizza up to an including pressuring lawmakers to change laws like in New York where they're getting rid of coal fired pizza because they don't like it. In your food pyramid, how many of your dollars do you think we're spent attacking pizza?
Speaker 2: Well, first off, this sounds like treason, but I would probably at at least a mill right, a million.
Speaker 1: One hundred million, yes, one hundred hundred million, yes, to attack pizza. So if it's trees and it's like super treason.
Speaker 2: At that point, it's just the Democrat Party and these people protesting downtown are they're becoming more and more the party of or well like they're they're irrelevant and because the reason is they keep protesting things that when the average person hears them, right, they say that makes sense, and they say that that makes right, right, right, But you hear like, you know, hey, we're cutting all of this funding for these programs that are ridiculous. And the average person says, yeah, that makes sense. I understand that. Don't do that. And then you have these other people that are just protesting it, and you're protesting it just because you're used to protesting whatever is against Trump. Yeah, you're I saw somebody write on excid it made sense. It was like the Democrat Party is. They aren't like dogs chasing cars now, they're dogs chasing like giant, huge parades. You know, because most people are going along with it, going yeah, this is good stuff that we're doing it. But you're down there protesting like delusional cult idiots. Oh I like this, You're ready the Musketeers?
Speaker 1: What do you think of that? Love it?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: We'll go with Musketeers. Well done? Person who's send me that email? All right? So yeah, no, no, no, no, you're absolutely right, like you're never stopping to see that that's not a Ford escort year after anymore. That's something different. And you're and and by the way, you're also never like consulting people around you, you're just assuming that others peeling off your ideology. You go, wait a second, did you look at some of this stuff? What do you do?
Speaker 2: And once again, and they're calling him a threat to democracy. The guy that won the popular vote is the threat to democracy.
Speaker 1: That's insane. Which didn't it all lead to probably helping somebody or somebody's shoot at him or attempt to shoot at him. The threat to democracy is a pretty and and and just to show you how serious they are, they they were supposed to have a big rally. I think I just saw this this morning. Where is this? Oh man, did already opened it? Damn it, damnit, damn it? All right, I gotta find it. They're supposed to have a big rally over here. It is okay to protest literally Hitler and literally I guess unelected Hitler. All right, So when was this supposed to pay? So this was supposed to be last night? Ross did you see video of the rally last night to protest literally Hitler? You know I missed it? I did? I missed it? Oh yeah, well that's because they canceled it because it was it was too cold, So it was it was in a low forties man, forties, right, you can't stop Hitler or when it's you know, when you need gloves, right, who would do that battle of the bulge? They were like a little nippy out, yeah, put it off, think right, put it off.
Speaker 2: Jeez man, well lot of class, Like, what are you protesting? It makes absolutely no sense. You're just protesting the protest because that's your normal.
Speaker 1: Would you do? That's why I had to go to Bluesky and figure out, Like, I guess if you're dumb enough to think that Elon just stole your bank account, I'd be pretty upset. Right, people you trust I don't know why you trust them have told you that he's there and they plugged in and they stole all your money and they're going to use it. I don't know for what, but like and you're you're mad as hell and you're not gonna take it. Well, that's all right, okay whatever. That's the other thing.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh my god, there's people in government that have your social Security number in your your banking information. Oh my god, Really, how many times do we have to see in the news that there's some sort of three letter agency that where that was all the information of your personal information was stolen by China.
Speaker 4: Whoop.
Speaker 1: See all the time. It happens all the time. I was. I was. I was given free UH monitoring software which I never used. And by the way, the IRIS has all your information. They have they just sent it to him last week. What are you going to do with it. I don't have my retire I don't get a big return. I managed mine, okay, but I like a little. I like to get the smallest check where somebody had to do something, even though it's probably a computer.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: One time I got the State of North Carolina to send me an eight dollar return. So ah, life goals anyway, Yeah, it's due. I haven't got into the audio, but like that's just setting the scene. And then while all of this is going on, and it would be an amazing, insane show. Anyway. I saw some things yesterday that just we got some audio. Ross has been giggling for twenty four hours. I can't wait to play the audio he's so excited about. And then I found the most amazing woman trying to really help pact to day and get their crap together. People are people are making fun of her. She's got a dream man, she's got a dream. She might also have been disappeared already. I don't know. We'll find out together coming up in And also Stephen Kent will join us at eight oh five, So lots to get to KCO Day radio program. Hang on. They have their media outlets, there are, but not all are created equal. There are influencers. Like we were just talking off the air, what happens when you find out assistin or somebody's up there. I don't think it'll be that surprising because remember with some of the Tides Foundation stuff. And also if you're a celebrity, if you're a celebrity in Hollywood and your name was utilized for some campaign as part of a USAID program, all you're going to say is, look, somebody approached and they said, hey, do you want equality and a million dollars and I said yes. You said, you're going to have a hard time there with the Politico sold eight million dollars of an intangible object, which is how I would pay somebody off if I didn't want it to look like a payoff. So that then comes down the media outlet to go, like if if I was political and I said ross right in the US government. I said, Ross, I want to pay you eight million dollars, so you push propaganda on your Twitch channel. As broadcast, you're going to buy eight million subs? Yeah, those say in this scenario, I offered to do that, but you have to pitch propaganda as a responsible broadcaster. You would say I would feel dirty about that.
Speaker 2: But if I woke up and I was like, somebody buy eight million subs and is it's something this thing called USA, It'd be like, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: I'm retiring. But I was pissed off. They didn't give me any money.
Speaker 2: You guys, you bastards could buy one sub. You could have got to my Twitch channel by one sub.
Speaker 1: You have some guy who likes potatoes who buy subs for everybody.
Speaker 2: I've seen that, but this is it makes sense too. Like you were seeing like you know, when they were sending like Ben Stiller and like these people to Ukraine and it turns out where they were like four million dollars you know, through the USA.
Speaker 1: To go there again, they'll claim that they thought it was USO. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It does make you want though, because remember when Kamala Harris breaked in like one point five billion in like a week, and everybody was like, wow, how how did that happen? Well, maybe we should thought that a bit more.
Speaker 1: Well, that goes into that goes into that act blue stuff where you saw like remember the video or reporter I think it was the local report it was it was the dude. It was the J six reporter Stephen Horn, Right, Yeah, he had some videos out there where he went to this dude's house in Raleigh, I think. And the guy lives in I'm not knocking on the dude, but he lives in a you know, a pretty small apartment. Like, hey, by the way, did you donate seven hundred times to a tune of like fifteen thousand Democratic candidates? And I I was like, I'm sorry, do you see the apartment I'm living in? Right? I think that that has the potential for a huge scandal because that's how you would funnel money in. You'd have a bunch of small donations, you'd use an active name. It's it's largely why people think they send those five dollars things out. If you're a five dollars donator, you're probably not one hundred dollars donator. So they can add a few other things there and put it in the records under your name. That's what people are accusing them of doing. And that is how you would acquire that much money if there wasn't popular support for the person. You just get the big money people and then split it up. How deep are we going to go on this? Man? Meanwhile, it is just crazy. I'll tell you it's just for me. It's an inkind donation to the radio show. All right, I got to play this cut ross and ever laughing after the show. We didn't get to this yesterday. So Trump is the woman is a reporter from Afghanistan. I don't know what capacity. I don't know if it's TV or newspaper or what Trump is. He cann be funny, bro. So she asked a question. He can't understand what she's asking. So listen to how he handled.
Speaker 6: Go ahead.
Speaker 7: As an expectations from you, do you have any plan to change Afghanistan situation? Are you able to recognize Taliban? Because I'm an upgun journalist, up and suffer woman, Any comment about Afghanist unless your future plant what a gun people? Actually?
Speaker 1: Now, let me say this, I can kind of hear what she's asking, and obviously this is not her first language. I'm not knocking on her for it. She's asking a broader question like are you planning on doing anything in Afghanistan? She asked a couple of specific points, but it's kind of hard to hear. She's quiet, and I had to listen to it a couple of times. But that's the gist of it. Unfortunately, I don't think Trump picked up on the gys have a little.
Speaker 6: Hard time understanding you. Where are you from? Actually it's a beautiful voice and a beautiful accent. The only problem is I can't understand the word you're saying. But I just say this, good luck, living.
Speaker 1: Dude, love for hours. I just opened it yesterday, like three in the afternoon. Wait wait, wait was it this part?
Speaker 6: The only problem is I can't understand the word you're saying.
Speaker 1: Or was it the living peace? It's a thank you, living piece or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's so great because it's so relatable, right, So it's very relatable, like how many times have you we've all at some point spoken to somebody and they've had a thick accent and you've had no idea what the person said, and you want to say to the person. I'm sorry, I have no idea what you just said.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, dude. This is the whole This is the whole journey losing learning the second language right because people what happens is you are comfortable enough and they interpret that you're you're like for me, it's Spanish. They interpret that my Spanish is good enough because I can handle a lot of the formal greetings in the early part. And then they get into something and I am lost because and usually it's because they're speaking too fast, so I have to make a decision in my head where I'm begging for keywords trying to together what they're saying, or if I politely nod.
Speaker 2: It's And you don't have to be somebody from a different country. The first time I met, the first time I went to Tennessee to visit Marky's family. We drove away from Atlanta and we went to the country.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, our grandfather was sitting on the porch and got your rest his soul and he like, I'm not hail and I'm making him sound caging, but he did. He's like, he said it like three or four times, and I finally said, I'm like I don't know what you're saying. And Mark, he's like, how do you like those hills? I'm like, oh, they're beautiful. That's the gras like, I don't know what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Shalom, dude. If Trump had said shalom fell out.
Speaker 2: The woman when he's complimenting her voice, he's like, you have a beautiful voice at very different when you look at her. She's looking at him with her hands out and like the prayer type, you know, symbol like oh my god, thank you so much. And then he says that part and all of them around her like, oh my god, I can't believe he just said that. But that's why people like him because he's so completely honest. He's not going to be su man. He's not going to be like no, no, But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: He is going to be su if he thinks there's a business reason. Do you know what I'm saying? Yeah? Sure, Like and people try to go, oh, well that's you know, look at the stuff where he's he's you know, he low balled him on an off where he did all this like he's what when you say he's honest, it's honest in the sense that if you understand him. That's how we act.
Speaker 2: But especially after four years of Biden, where everything was scripted or he wouldn't show up and everything was planned and rehearsed, and he had a fake oval office to finally have somebody in there who's actually taking questions, and when they don't understand, he could have smiled and just give him some weird generic but he's like, I don't know what you're saying.
Speaker 1: What you normally say that situation was. You know, that's a good question me. I'm going to talk to my staff and I'm want to give you a specific answer, so let me get back to you. That's exactly how you handle it. When you hear a politician say it, it's largely because they don't have an answer. That's how they deflect it. Because now you're off the camera and if you get back to him, great, If you don't, nobody will probably ever hear about it. But no, he's just.
Speaker 6: Like, the only problem is I can't understand the word you're saying.
Speaker 1: Living peace. Sorry, that's great. It's his delivery too.
Speaker 2: It's the same way when he was I remember there was a moment when he was in the garbage truck at the airport. Yeah, And it was the way that the fo that it was framed, and he was in the center of the frame and he had his.
Speaker 1: Arm at the door, and he just goes, how do you like my truck? And it was just the delivery of it. He's a funny dude. Now, if you hate him, he's not. If you hate him, he's not. And that's unfortunate.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I think like you could look at that and be like, that's funny. Just the delivery of the line, how you like my truck? It's funny, dude.
Speaker 1: I think Joe Biden trying to call a dude fats and then try to fight him as funny. That's how cynical I am. Except with that I realized it's like cope mechanism for you know, what's going on with him. So then it becomes a little sad. But now Trump's just like, I don't know what you're saying, lady, but you're saying it. Well, so it's very beautiful. That's crazy. And remember this guy's being accused of espionage. He's being it and and it's by the way, do you know how he built doge? It's actually brilliant. He's got some really smart people around him. He didn't DOZE is not a thing that didn't exist and then just existed. DOGE is literally an it audit agency that was constructed by the Obama administration. It had a different name, but it had the same acronym, so he just repurposed it. So everyone running around going, he just created this thing. It's probably not no, this is a thing that Obama created that roughly did the same. They obviously just didn't do it, and it even has the same acronym. They just changed the words.
Speaker 2: That's even more infuriating because they had the way to do this, they just didn't want to. They're just like, you know, we could go in and find all this waste, but you know we're not gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Nope. So like I do you guys are Democrats are screwed on this? And let's I mean, I'm sure they can find a judge to you know, stick it up for a little while. But like, they didn't recreate. They created something that Congress already funded and knew that they were funding. And even though the executive branchs could move money around, they knew about this. They just were never scared of it because they didn't do it. Dude, it's gonna I I texted Ross yesterday. I came to a realization yesterday, and I hope I'm wrong. There are so many people's boxes about to get gored, where their livelihood is is threatened and or is probably going away, and they're gonna have to figure out how to lean into this drift in the private sector without getting government thrown their way some other new thing where they're able to squirrel dollars. You'll never tamp it all down or go out and get a normal job. There are so many people who are so convinced that they're saving the world with this stuff because it's supported all of this. They had a dude I mentioned they had a dude who was He got like a million dollars for all these different crazy projects like getting a third gender put on the Indonesian ballot or something. And there's this a whole list of colle He had it on his LinkedIn and it was like nine hundred and fifty eight million we paid him. He's he's just the project guy going to Guatemala to do expand LGBT political stuff. A lot of it's LGBT, some of its social you know, more more social justice. But he's just one dude. That dude is what's he going to do? And and so my fear is as you go through all these departments, somebody's gonna snap. Bro, somebody's gonna and I don't like to use the term go postal. There's just too many people. And that's what I'm fearful over. I'm not talking about some high level espionage thing or a member of Congress tries to hire a hit man at hitman dot com and it's a national scandal. I mean some guy who worked in one of these made up fields, whose department and a whole program just got eighty six and there's no real world application for what they do. Sitting there going what do I got to lose? That's what I'm fearful of. You couldn't have enough protection around basically anybody in this administration right now, let alone just taking it out on people at their office. And again, I hope I'm wrong, but the more insane stuff that just keeps coming to light, the more I'm thinking that it's a possibility some lunatic tried to jump over the White House fence yesterday. He wasn't very good at it, and he kind of announced it to everybody's like, hey watch this. He didn't say hold my beer. And then he got to the top of the fence, got tyed. He got a couple of those times wrapped up in his pants. They broke away, which I'm a little concerned about, and then he climbed down. And by the time he climbed down, he was just dogpiled by Capital Security there, White House Security, and Secret Service. But yeah, I don't know exactly what his motives. Do we know anything more about that?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 1: Did you see any follow up? I didn't see any follow up on him, but he wasn't going to get in there.
Speaker 6: The only which is I can't understand the word you're saying.
Speaker 1: See what's going on here? That's on the bud bar forever? Yep, dude. If that guy had screened Leroy Jenkins, it would have been funnier. Oh, it would have been amazing. Right, Sorry, that's one of my one nerd callback I know. All right, six forty eight KCODA radio program. U want to grab a quick called Janet? What's up?
Speaker 8: Hey, Casey? I was just calling by a couple of things. Actually, never underestimate the stupidity of a liberal. When Trump returned the power to decide for abortion over to the people, they're representatives had them believe in the abortion was banned, they bought hook, climb and sinker even though they were just handed a gift. That's the first thing. The second thing they guy that those guys, Yeah, I think unfunded the Unpungibles fits better because it just fits in so many ways.
Speaker 1: And I like it with the Untouchables reference. I think Musketeers is good. Also the bobs for fans of office space.
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 1: But uh yeah, well well we'll stick them all in rotation Janet, So okay, all right, all right, I appreciate it, and we will take a break because just when all of this is going on and it would be more than enough for show, for any show, I get. I see this insane video of this woman over in Pakistan and it's it's a car, it's a it's a it's a car wreck. Then a train comes along and then a seven thirty seven lands on the like it's just in every twist and turn is is just insane. A call we got just a couple of minutes. Yes, Jamal be in ecstasy this week.
Speaker 4: You might say, you know what, Casey, I won't tell you like this because this is really scary. This USAA we have found out, of course they said was the CIA. It's money for them to be able to carry projects, you know, stuff like that overseas. But what we're finding out the fundeling money back here to America and they're funneling it back to back a particular political cause. Will we find out the more Elon Musk and these people did, Leticia James, Fennie Willis, Alvin Bragg. Will we find out they got money from them to investigate Trump? I have never seen a Democrat party just go ballistic like this. I mean, and I've seen them usually they're ballistic, but it gets the focused.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when a when a party is going ballistic, there is a cause and there's a reason. This is just this is just thrashing your legs in a tantrum right now, and it's.
Speaker 4: Very they're trying to stop it. Casey, everything, because here's what happened, especially that thing with political You also find out Chelsea Clinton got eighty four million dollars run in the.
Speaker 1: World broadcast week, but isn't every day. So we have just a cornucopia of insane stories and fines with the the USAID Office being laid bare, and you're finding things like eight million dollars in digital subscriptions to Politico. Let's see, Associated Press has been getting millions and associated Press is much scarier. And here's why. And again, media outlets, you got to figure out what the money's going for, right is it? Was it ad campaigns? Was it PSA stuff where they just running spots as an in kind donation. I know our company does a bunch of that. I don't know, Maybe maybe there's some stuff there. I don't know, but Ross and I didn't get a check, and we're very very upset about it. It's like everyone was in on this gravy train. Man. I was actually impressed they were able to rapidly assemble a bunch of protesters downtown and Raleigh, and I would be very curious of whatever that mailing list is right for your rapid response team. Of how many of those folks who normally would have shown up down there with their septum piercing and their sign had an inkling of what was going on and go you know, I'm gonna sit this one out. That would be very interesting to know, because like that's the problem. That's why there's so much tantrum. That's why everyone's freaking out because it's not just one thing. It's a thousand things and it will be more than a thousand as we dig through this, and you can't plug that many holes in the dyke, so to speak. That's why they're freaking out. So the amount of don't care and look the other way that is required of you to mobilize on behalf of this is very telling. So all of that's going on, I could do nine shows with that. But then I see this. This is a thing that's happening. This is my new favorite soap opera. This is the car crash where the plane landed on top and then somehow a train got there. You can't look away from. So this woman is a she's from New York, right, she's got she's very brash, got that very New York delivery. She went online and she found some they call him a teenager. He's an adult teenager, but something like eighteen year old, nineteen year old guy over in Pakistan, and she fell in love with him and wanted to marry him. So she got on a plane from New York, went to Pakistan, went to the family. The family is like aw hell no, and in fact, she they like locked her out, called authority. She camped in front of the house the family. In the middle of the night, left somewhere and she decided to start holding press conferences in Pakistan with her New York attitude. And in the video you see there's a couple things. One you see her kind of outside and she's got like, I don't know, twenty thirty Pakistani dudes standing behind her. Most of them are young, but there's one elder who's next do her, and he also, I believe, is trying to interpret, so he obviously speaks English and he's trying to interpret, and she's facing a camera and she's like, she just goes off on this tangent. I'm gonna play for you. And then there's a second part of the video where now a bunch of media and you know, when the media gets there and you have that seeing where the person talking has like ten different microphones with all the different logo things on them. There's an official name, but you know the logo things, so you know, like she's being interviewed postgame at the NBA Finals. It's crazy. And I'll walk you through what she does. Help me to understand how this woman's still alive. I don't want anything bad to happen to her, and I actually think she's probably got some mental issues. But holy hell, I was not prepared for this. All right. So this is the outside scene, and the person she's belittling is this elder, which culturally not a and a man. There are all men there and she's a woman. And it's in Pakistan. So you understand the dynamic there. Wait for it if you haven't heard it. It's far worse than you think. Here we go.
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's it. Yes, Yes, I'm maybe dynamic too much.
Speaker 9: It's not listen, I'm not sitting down. My plan is to reconstruct this whole country.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 9: I'm asking for one hundred K or more. I need twenty k by this week, okay, in my pockets in cash. Okay, that's a demand to the government. The government is gonna fix up these buildings, fix up the sheets, and clean up these streets. It's ridiculous out here. I do not like it, Okay, I would love for you guys to please understand that Pakistan is in need of new buses, new calves, new cars. Please listen to what I'm saying. My name is on Nija Ahmit, please understand. Thank you very much, have a nice day.
Speaker 1: What the hell is going on.
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: And the look on their faces like I'm because you know this doesn't happen in Pakistan. Some woman doesn't show up, or a bunch of dudes are let alone a guy who's clearly trying to help because he's trying to translated. She keeps telling him to shut up as he's translating, like they can't fathom the audacity of a woman doing that. I'm not saying the attitude is correct. I'm just saying that's the reality. It's Pakistan, man, and she's making so she's sitting there. She can't get her teen hubby and his family. I can't imagine why they fled obviously, and then she starts demand, is that your country sucks? Give me money? I need twenty k in my pocket by what this weekend or whatever she said, machin't done. She'd been doing that. She's been holding press conferences.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, I'll Peter's get by to have yes said. I hope you're saying the right things, Okay, Like I said, Pakistani to be reconstructed the right way? Do you hand me? Guys, make sure y'all get this on your camera. I'm married to Nidell Hamed. I'm on Nija Hamed. We are moving to Dubais very soon. We're gonna have our baby and Dubai.
Speaker 1: It's private.
Speaker 9: I'm Muslim, and it's against my religion to tell y'all my business. Have a nice.
Speaker 1: Day, woman. I don't think anything is in your religion, your personality, or anything else makes you not tell your business. Let's just be honest, because all you're doing is holding press con and so that's horrific. But then, and I want you to understand what she's doing. So remember the microphone array I talked about. That's in front of somebody who's doing one of these press conferences. She randomly picks one up, sticks her arm out to the reporters trying to ask her questions. Who are Pakistani reporters? Their Pakistani's in Pakistan? They live there, and tries to turn the interview on them, and then tells them to get out again. I don't know how she's a lot.
Speaker 9: I'm not talking unless y'all giving me land and two thousand or more.
Speaker 1: Every week.
Speaker 9: You hear me, I'm getting my Pakistani passport and Pakistani I D I'm getting it.
Speaker 1: Do y'all agree? Business? What talk?
Speaker 9: I'm getting one?
Speaker 1: Do you have one?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 10: You do?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He's a Pakistani dude in Pakistan.
Speaker 9: I don't live here. I'm chilling, are you? There's none of your business. Now go home.
Speaker 1: You're at a press conference, you're sitting there, take it, take it.
Speaker 9: If you haven't find him.
Speaker 1: What do you have?
Speaker 9: Back that up?
Speaker 1: But I'm trying to decide who is worse at diplomatic relations during travel? This woman or remember that lunatic who was running around South Korea dry humping memorials to comfort women. Who is that dude's name? He's in jail. He's in jail, isn't he? Whoever that That TikTok influencer was like, I can't fathom how she's running around Pakistan doing this, screaming at the men over there.
Speaker 2: It's probably because it's like an oddity. They're like, oh my god, we have a sassy black American woman here you know what I mean. We've never seen one before where it's crazy, like.
Speaker 1: I mean, they look surprised. Yeah, especially in the first one with the younger dude sitting there in the they're all wearing that same soccer jersey, Like, what is happening? What? What is this again? I only thing to happen to this woman. I'm just baffled.
Speaker 2: Nothing has I think if she was like, you know, touching somebody or doing something physical or crossing the line that way, you might have seen a different sort of reaction.
Speaker 1: But they're just sitting back being like, listen to this woman talks. She's nuts. Yeah, maybe there's making videos for their friends. You won't believe it. Yeah, I don't know. I don't believe it. That's why the wildest pieces of video I've seen in forever, and I get to do a show on a morning where we not only have that woman, we also have Trump.
Speaker 6: The only probably is I can't understand the word you're saying.
Speaker 1: It's a good day to be me. Oh my goodness. You got to watch the video too. You just have to watch everybody reacting to it. But kind of not.
Speaker 2: I have a feeling, like I said, like if she was throwing hands or something or getting physical. They'd treat her like that dude that would try this rob the convenience store, remember with the garbage.
Speaker 1: With the sticks and the sticks, yeah yeah, the pain sticks. I'd be different. I love other guy film. It's too like, no, no, don't do that. And then they start getting them good and he's like yeah yeah I keep doing that, yeah yeah yeah yeah hit him again. So yeah, I was on team Stick the entire time. Yeah, no, I was big stick enthusiast. All right, seven eighteen, Hang on the crazy lady over in Pakistan holding press conferences that I I again, how nothing's happened to her? Don't know, and hopefully nothing does. But uh, it is Super Bowl week, so you got media day, you got all this stuff, and dude, they are rolling the chiefs. First of all, I think we played the Kelsey audio yesterday. If we didn't, here we go. Here is a reporter who I assume immediately had his credential revoked because remember the NFL just throw you out. They threw Portnoy out and then they comically threw him out again. When he showed up, he got a ticket or a fake ridiculous mustache and then they found him in the crowd somewhere and Goodell literally had him thrown out of the stadium. So he pretended to weekend to Bernie's it. It's a hilarious video if you've never seen it. So some guy asked Travis Kelcey this question, Travis, Travis, what do you love more Taylor Swift or Phantom fifteen yard roughing the passer penalties in the playoffs? It's a cute question. Anybody else? He goes a good question, anybody else? And it's interesting. You could tell he was a little irritated by it. The difference was I like, they hit Mahomes too, and Mahomes I'll get to his credit. He kind of chuckles and then deflects, here's that, Africk Patrick. For your whole career, you have had so many great people help you win. So who is your favorite? Ref He's your favorite?
Speaker 4: All do the best? They call? Well there the game?
Speaker 1: Is there one that you give a Christmas card to you every year? Possibly my teammates and that you're trying to figure it out, which, by the way, is the exact right way to handle that. If you're Mahomes right, we agree, Ross who even doesn't like the chiefs. You agree that if if a PR person was in his ear, that's how we talked you.
Speaker 2: I think they're under like directions to answer that way, to behave this way.
Speaker 1: You just they're expecting it. Just don't allow them to hook you into it, right, Yeah, one hundred percent, although look, not all the questions are that. And again the fact that that's the same dude, right, clearly it sounds like the same dude. You know, there's some other stuff. And I thought this was a classy answer by Kelsey because this is now the other side of the gotcha reporting. Right, Trump's going to be at the Super Bowl. Tell us how much you hate them? Right, That's what they're That's what they're trying to tee up, right, So they hit Kelsey.
Speaker 10: It's a great honor, I think, you know, no matter who the president is.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm excited because it's the biggest game of my.
Speaker 1: Life, you know, and having a question there, you know, it's the best country in the world again, right answer. They So kudos to the the whoever their PR person is, who's probably talking to the players and just reminding them of this stuff. That's how you handle it. So you know that obviously will continue to be up in the news cycle. But we got so much more speaking of the in fact. Okay, so we have a couple Lovit cuts. We'll get to those. The Nancy Nancy Mayce just given zero FS during her committee hearing yesterday is crazy. Listen to this, by the way, listen to this.
Speaker 8: The gentle lady has used a phrase.
Speaker 1: Right, So there's another member of Congress who's very upset because Nancy Mayce used a phrase.
Speaker 11: The gentle lady has used a phrase that is considered a slur in.
Speaker 8: The LGBTQ community and the transgender community.
Speaker 6: Let me please finish without an interruption.
Speaker 1: And tranny, tranny, tranny, I don't really care. You want penises and women's bathrooms and I'm not gonna have it, no, thank you. Everything's on fire. I just I'm really curious because there's the whole nerd component, obviously to what's going on with the the Musketeers or whatever we're calling this group of basically kids that are putting on display all of this stuff we're talking about. I was I was drilling down Ross. Do you know that there is literally a version of Politico Access, which is a business license, so it could be like for a whole division that is a thirty four thousand dollars membership fee annually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was reading about that yesterday because I was like, I don't understand the math.
Speaker 1: Here, right, how's this happened? Two hundred and thirty six premium level subscriptions averaging thirty four thousand. I'm assuming that these are in the same way that like, my company may get a subscription for all of its workers to a particular periodical that's what we're talking about. And they had two hundred and thirty six, So two hundred thirty six I'm assuming different agencies, organizations and groups. Eight point one million make it make sense? You can't. You can just run around with signs going dots dot. They're they're destroying democracy. This is honestly, this is almost unrecoverable, at least within a generation. And I have seen some that are willing to really kind of try to duck this issue, which is probably good advice because you're not going to be able to debate it out. But you've had members of Congress that have been trying to do like a twenty four hour filibuster and they do like two or three hours they tag out to their buddy and then they go on like Instagram those videos going. My voice hurts, but it's what we have to do. Yeah, because the bottom has fallen out.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It makes you realize like the protesters paid for the pundit's paid for, the social media commenters paid for the party, paid for the propaganda, like all of it, it's all paid for.
Speaker 1: It's so real. It's so third world man, it is, and it's like in it. But it hurts. But it makes sense, right, it does make sense one hundred percent. But it hurts because even though you knew to some extent, even if it's just favoritism based on political ideo, like you knew what was happening, to see it so corporate right in the way that it's going shows you how it shows you how fragile what we have here, because it is so different, how fragile it is.
Speaker 2: I mean for years, right, we've seen this where something will come out and then you have all the networks or whatever, these publications, the talking points, all the things, and you're like, how is this post? When was when were the talking points then out? And they're like, oh, you're crazy, that's not happening. Well, apparently they're all in the payroll.
Speaker 1: So it's the wholesale desolation of traditional media or who was considered, you know, the the media of record, and of course people going in there, because here's how you get it. You get somebody who goes into government service, right, and they look at they look at it, and they go, well, look i'm doing this. I'm not making as much money as I think I should be making, so I'm just gonna get a little here. And then another person go, I'm gonna get a little here, and how about I parlay this gig and me and about four others will pitch some sort of proposal and now we're directors for this thing and we'll get a little here. But it's fun. And then you do that times one hundred thousand. That's how you get here. Everybody. Everybody's stealing a little candy out of the friez, you know, a little other people's lunch out of the break room.
Speaker 2: It also explain so to some extent, like like political polling, because you got to realize Politico and Reuters and these.
Speaker 1: Eight that's what that's why I said, it's especially injurious not just polling You're absolutely right, but there is there are very few news outlets, smaller news outlets in the country. They are not AP members. When I was doing news, we were in Minnesota, we were AP news, right, you know.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's where you would go go to, yeah for like your.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how we'd bill our newscast for any state wider national stuff to couple our local coverage.
Speaker 2: But do you see these polling that would come out, like you know, Harris plus eight plus six plus seven. You're like, where are these people getting their numbers from? These can't be real. And then you'd have like outliers. They'd we call it like Rasmussen or Atlas, which actually ended up being the most accurate, And you're like, well, these people are crazy. Those are fringe.
Speaker 1: It's it's a wholesale. And I know some people go, I knew it all along. No, no, no, no, But you didn't. You thought it. Now you know it. See that's the difference, Right, you thought it and you were right, but now you know it, and it's worse somehow if you had any positive if you weren't fully gone in mind.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of these shows like the old cheater Show, remember the Cheater Show, or like I think she's cheating, right, and they would they would actually see the evidence.
Speaker 1: It's even worse, right, And every one of those women is like I like to have sex and parking lots with bright lights around it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, every single one of them. Not at all stage. No, it's worse, it's worse. And then you start going, how do you fix it? Sure, you go ahead and purge all of it, but how do you fix it? And then you see these Let me just read you because I retweeted this this morning mostly to mock this dude, but you know, I saw a thousand of these tweets yesterday and they all kind of worded like this, The richest man on Earth is dismantling the organization that feeds the poorest children on earth. Right. That was the talking point that went out. There's nothing in that that's accurate. Right. The perception was you're feeding kids. Less than ten percent of the money was getting to people on the ground, and a lot of it wasn't feeding kids, right. It was putting you know, plays together, or trying to get gender options put on ballots, right, or enriching people like Ibraham Kendy the Boston University who, by the way, I guess he's leaving Boston University. They're cashing out on that dude. He's out because it's been revealed. Man, and everybody's scrambling to not to pretend like they were not part of the problem. But everyone was feeding at the trough. But the problem is there's too many stories coming out too fast to do anything about it. So all you can do is threaten lawsuits, have your little filibuster, put tweets out. And by the way, that dude who tweeted that Mohammed Sofa, I just the first thing I do is and you should do this. If you see a tweet like that, go click on their bio CEO Diplomat Relations Main Representative United Nations ECOSOC Council and accredited UN GENEVA office. That dude clearly was feeding at the trough, or at least he's feeding at ud trough. That is similar to what is being undone the US version of it every single time. And I posted a nice photo above him of some terrorists in a tent with USA logoing on at holding a rocket launcher, probably getting ready to fire that at American troops or something. I don't know. This is where we are and it's damning and it's depressing, but it's necessary. So we truck on. All right, Carolyn Leavett, she's doing her part White House press conference yesterday. Here we go.
Speaker 12: Have you heard that type of violent, enticing rhetoric from our side of the isle from Republican leaders on Capitol Hill.
Speaker 1: She's talking about Trump's destroying democracy, They're starving kids, they're killing old people. That kind of rhetoric.
Speaker 12: If you heard that type of violent, enticing rhetoric from our side of the isle from Republican leaders on Capitol Hill, I think there would be a lot more outrage in this room today. It's unacceptable the comments that have been made by these Democrat leaders, and frankly, they don't even know what they're talking about. Because President Trump was an elected with a mandate from the American people to make this government more efficient.
Speaker 3: He campaigned across this country with Elon musk vowing that Elon was going to head up the Department of Government Efficiency, and the two of them, with a great team around them, were going to look at the receipts of this federal government and insure it's accountable to American taxpayers. That's all that is happening here.
Speaker 1: And for Democrat officials.
Speaker 12: To incite violence and encourage Americans to take to the streets is incredibly alarming, and they should be held accountable for that rhetoric.
Speaker 1: It's it's and and and it's it's not going to end right. There are there are many that will go down with this ship, and and they will find different ways to go ahead and inject themselves and do things. But she's right, there's is there a person who was paying the least amount of attention to the election that didn't think, if you elect Trump, you're getting elon in this jiha too, and and divorce yourself of the individual politics. Have you ever seen a president so rapidly promises kept.
Speaker 2: Now, listen, I voted for that. That's like what I voted for, But I did not expect it to be this amazing. Like, Okay, you wanted Mayham, but I wanted the guy from Argentinea're ripping the stuff off the board.
Speaker 1: And yelling outside out or yeah yeah, outside, get out, get out, get out. Yeah that's what you want. But this is that on steroids, man, And she didn't leave Politico alone.
Speaker 12: So upon coming out here to the briefing room, I was made aware of the funding from.
Speaker 1: You got to understand Politico, I think sits in the second row. They're right up there, So she's doing this to their.
Speaker 12: Face from USAID to media outlets, including Politico, who I know has a seat in this room. And I can confirm that the more than eight million taxpayer dollars that have gone to essentially subsidizing subscriptions to Politico on the American taxpayer's dying will no longer be happening. The DOGE team is working on canceling those payments. Now again, this is a whole of government effort to ensure that we are going line by line when it comes to the federal of government's books, and this president and his team are are making decisions across the board on do these receipts serve the interests of the American people. Is this a good use of the American taxpayers money? If it is not, that funding will no longer be sent abroad and American taxpayers will see significant savings because of that effort.
Speaker 1: The worst out of the world yesterday had to be the cleaning crew of the White House Press briefing room having to get all the brown stains out of the chairs cuz they were squirming. Man, they were squirming. All right, let's get raised agic to make you square.
Speaker 11: Very very very eloquent there with that well visual thanks, that was very eloquent.
Speaker 1: Very you just got you imagine I saw it being there in the second row and they're like, by the way, they bought eight million of subscriptions to your outlet. What do you think about that? You just got to sit there? Oh yeah, well, how to go now?
Speaker 11: Yesterday we talked about this anomaly, like most of us ended up in the forties. Yesterday the high Greensborough at the airport, the triad twelve thirty eight in the morning was fifty three forties in the afternoon, and Raleigh was fifty five. But that happened at six minutes after midnight. And now that northeast flow is done or more south southwest, and we've got a front to the west of us actually producing showers and thundershit hours just getting ready to come into the northern Wilkes and Yatkin counties, and it'll start trying to get south and east as we go through today. Milder weather that's kind of the headline. Mid upper sixties, a passing shower, thundershower this morning. Then I think we actually get some sun this afternoon, that we'll have another chance of showers, maybe an isolated storm tonight, load to mid fifties. Tomorrow probably the best day of the next couple, as sun's going to be back mid upper sixties, and then we'll have a chance of rain for Saturday, with temperatures back into the lo to mid fifties, so we will get a little bit coore. But Sunday looks good, lots of sunshine near seventy, and next week looks unsettled. I would prep next week as cool and kind of rainy. There's multiple systems, multiple week areas of low pressure. They're gonna race across the country. There'll be wintery precip to the north. We'll have chili rain here and that chili rain in the forecast each day next week.
Speaker 1: So it doesn't look great next week. Okay, all right, Well the fund's over, thank you, sir, appreciate that. Okay, all right, talk to you in an hour. And I can't get over this pot ross. Did you see the photo of the terrorists and the you said tent with their rocket launcher. I mean, it just encapsulates all of this. Although I would say this, can you imagine having to make your G hot video and get a sunburn? Is it a rocket launcher for the children?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I probably will be pointed a children, But like, can you imagine you're making your G hot video? You're like, ah, the virgins are gonna be mine, here we go and you get a sunburn? No, you said, I said, no, we're not gonna allow that.
Speaker 10: I don't get your thoughts to the one thing that nobody's really talking about is you know they're talking about how the Democrats are losing in their mind.
Speaker 4: Well, all this stuff didn't.
Speaker 10: Get passed by just the Democrats, and the Republicans are sitting on their hands not saying anything. I think Trump's problem is he can't say anything, but he can't do anything to the Republicans right now because it needs their vote to get Sack to Pans.
Speaker 1: Well, but he doesn't have to. But here's what I like, he doesn't have to. Yes, you're absolutely right. Are there gonna be Republicans attached this one hundred percent? One hundred thousand percent and it'll be a combination of things get that get passed, or people availing themselves of various things there for political purposes. The Republicans are just doing what the Democrats, if they would, if they were smart, would do. Like the Democrats are leaning into this and that just drives the news cycle. The Republicans are gonna sit there and hope they would get burned. But if they were doing this, then they should so.
Speaker 10: Yeah, if the Republicans are the Homer sense the meme where he disappears into the bush.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, but I don't know it's going to be enough, man, I don't know that it's going to be enough. So we shall we shall see. So all right, thanks for the call there, Anthony. Let's see here. Oh yeah, yeah, I was gonna play this audio for you real quick, and then we'll chat with Stephen Kent coming up at eighth five and Political. Even while this is going on, Now you have to understand who you're dealing with, Like the people of Political are not Musk fans, sure is heck not Trump fans, and they're not quiet. Everything we do is under fire. Elon Musk sits on Twitter every day, or what the Political co founders saying, like we are the media. You are the media. My message to Elon Musk is both, you're not the media. You having god nasty, you, having a blue check mark, a Twitter handle in three hundred words of cleverness doesn't make you a reporter. You don't do that by popping off on Twitter. You don't do that by having an opinion. You'd do it by doing the hard work. I mean, just in retrospect, you can't tell me this, dude. And no, they were getting eight million and subs either from the FEDS. There's no way even if you just saw a report you went, really, really, that's happening. If it wasn't even discussed, he knew, and he still sat up there in seven and he doesn't care. And then they yesterday, in the middle of all this, they were continuing to run headlines like one of the things Trump signed you yesterday was the no women in men's sports or no men in women's sports. I don't remember what it's called. But and Politico's headline was Trump to sign order that could bar trans women from US Olympic participation. Trans women are not barred from Olympic their participation. They're barred from competing in the women's categories since they are biologically male. So even with their death spasm here is, they were getting absolutely outed yesterday, they were still writing garbage headlines because they can't help themselves. They absolutely can't help themselves. ESPN, same deal. ESPN's out there and they're like, what do they use assigned it birth? Because here here it is the majority of people are done with all of this DODA radio programs. So it is that normal time of the week when we welcome in our official nerd correspondent, Stephen Kent, and we talk about Hollywood stuff and we'll do a little of that and you know, the the intersection of pop culture, sports, politics and the nerd component. But I'm telling you nerds haven't had a bigger week than they're having right now. Stephen Kent joining us Steven a ragtag group of zin and I'm assuming extreme Mountain Dew enthusiasts with laptops are completely turning all of the US government, our current news cycle in politics upside down and correct me if I'm wrong. I got a feeling these dudes aren't even that political, and they're just seeing this as another big project they can tackle. So what's going on maman.
Speaker 5: I mean I think, like you said, Zen Mountain Dew, they're probably all substackers and have Twitch channels like Ross. So you know this is this is a pretty pretty weird time to be in Washington, d C. When you've got a bunch of like you said, Zen adult zoomer is going through your paperwork and trying to find out where your money's been going. This has been pretty devastating for for the different agencies and for Politico. Man may have had quite a week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Politico. And and there's gonna be a bunch coming out. Uh you didn't get any You getn't any Patreon dollars? Did you? Are you cheesed? Are you mad?
Speaker 4: You know? I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to tell everybody this, but uh, you know, us ai d has been giving at least forty thousand.
Speaker 13: Dollars a year or two my geeky Stoics substack at geekstoics dot com. All yeah, all about stoicism, philosophy and nerd culture. Pretty exciting. But that's going to be going away now thanks to thanks to elon.
Speaker 1: What a bad man, oh man, you get a grind that's very upsetting. So but like the and and there they went him impeached. El Green was doing that yesterday. But like, Wired, why are what was your like? What is Wired magazine? Isn't it? Isn't it about computers and stuff? Why are they literally doxing these guys?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean Wired is a tech and culture outlet, and they're pretty influential in tech spaces. But you know, their bias has always been sort of looking at tech and culture from a pretty far left perspective, and they've made hay out of drawing attention to these young hires working around Elon Musk and doing these audits. It's obviously completely hypocritical. Most of Washington, DC is a bunch of twenty something year olds who are actually running the government while they're older colleagues are sort of kicking back and taking time to relax and let the interns do the work. So it's just it's a weird double standard. There's nothing to be said about a twenty five year old doing audits. This is how things work. Most of Congress is actually run.
Speaker 13: By the aids.
Speaker 5: The deals struck between congressmen are usually put together by their twenty two year older twenty six year old Staffersation.
Speaker 1: And the executive orders of the last presidency were probably assembled by twenty somethings.
Speaker 5: Including I mean, it's actually like, yeah, no joking. I mean, it's very likely that much of the presidenting has been getting done by White House aids and their late twenties, early thirties for the past three years, which is pretty alarming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is it worse than you thought?
Speaker 5: You know, it probably is worse than I thought. I mean, I've been looking over the numbers for kind of USAID and then just general government spending on things like you know, Politico Pro subscriptions, you know, so kind of what's happened is.
Speaker 1: They're a thirty four thousand dollars tier if I want to subscribe to your is that is that what the fo? You have a forty thousand dollars tier? Is that what that is?
Speaker 5: I never I never thought to offer a thirty thousand dollars tier for exclusive access to the paywaled content of geeky Stokes, But now I know that there.
Speaker 4: Might be a case for it.
Speaker 5: I will say, the paywald content for stuff like Politico Pro, it's really really, really valuable if you live and work in Washington, d C. I know this will blow the minds of people who aren't anywhere near the swamp. But the kind of information email access, the numbers that you can see about different agencies and congressional offices that are available through these services are really really valuable. But the numbers are just going to look really bad on the outside. Now, the fact that USAID, you know, a humanitarian agency by and large, is paying for these subscriptions to the tune of forty four thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: That's not going to look good.
Speaker 5: But that multiple million dollar is really looking at all government subscriptions to Politico pro, and I think it is inappropriate.
Speaker 1: No, two hundred and sixty five or two hundred and sixty three, I think is the number they actually outline individual transactions. So yeah, yeah, And to your point considering the agency, like, here's the thing, if the Democrat Senate Senate to whatever their pack is, whatever the big Senate pack is for the Democrat or the Republicans, if they want to spend forty thousand on political nobody cares. Even though in a way, if you're a voter, you might care because you probably contributed event if you support that party. But some dude who's making nine hundred and sixty eight thousand dollars to get an extra gender added to the Indonesian election, the Guatemalan election, assembling transgender operas in Colombia, the very and this is one dude who just went dark on his LinkedIn. He doesn't need that political subscription. So that's where it starts feeling like this is feeding the beast. It's an intangible thing where you can funnel money. This is where it starts looking money laundry, if that's such a word, yeah, very much.
Speaker 5: And it also it has to play a role in influence when it comes to media coverage. I mean just thinking about how the Department of Energy they extended a politico pro contract in June twenty twenty four years four hundred thousand dollars. When you think about these media organizations you have to pay all these journalists, and subscriptions and patronage from the government is going to be part of how they hire journalists to then cover the government. It's impossible for there not to be a consideration later on. And well, we don't want to tick off the secretary of the Department of Energy because she could pull a four hundred thousand dollars contract, which is the salary of the four journalists who cover the DOE. There's no way to get around this. And as someone who has used these subscriptions most of my professional life, you use them sparsely. They're very, very valuable, and they do bring in actual value, but you don't use them every single day. And so I think a lot of these things happen on autopilot. And you just are spending hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars on autopilot renewing contracts without even thinking about it. And this is the swamp ladies and gentlemen. It's money being spent and patroned out to people who are always expecting it to come in, and nobody ever audits it and says no more, we're not doing this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we deal with the snarl light. I had I had a charge here two weeks ago for go Daddy, and I had to yeah. And then I remembered I because I own I like I own my name as U r L. Because you should just do that. If you do anything, public can get it, get a hold of it. But I and then I bought a couple other I forgot they were there, so I got nick for like twenty two dollars. Right, this is this is just government version of it. In a lot of cases, it's just that subscription you didn't cancel. But it's it's more than that because it's also the reason you did it in the first place. Which it's one thing to say that we need the data. I don't believe it's as pure all of those motives. I think a lot of it's like, oh, hey, my buddy, and as a journalists, so yeah, I support your endeavor. Here, let me buy a subscription. It's a lot like Bezos saying here's a million for your inauguration fund. Everyone knows what's up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there's no way to get around how bad of a look this is for the media and Democrats who are outside the USAID headquarters and defending Politico and all these organizations with all their might. They don't stick up for everyday Americans like they love sticking up for federal agencies. You know, this is the same group of people who in twenty twenty, twenty twenty one rushed through the American Rescue Plan of Joe Biden, which sicked the IRS on people who use VENMO for more than six hundred dollars in transfers a year. I mean you have to now be in good with the irs if you've had six hundred dollars of transfers on Venmo and PayPal. They come after everyday people, your listeners for nothing. But they are outraised when someone tries to audit a federal agency and say, no, you can't have a four hundred thousand dollars contract for Politico.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again they spend one hundred there's one hundred million. This is do you follow a chef?
Speaker 8: Grule?
Speaker 1: Is that how you say his name on Twitter?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Okay, he's a he's an interesting follow Andrew Gruhle. He's a chef, but he's a restaurant owner in California, and he's he's long ago become sick of all of cal news bureaucracy in the politics at large, and so he's a very interesting to follow. And so he went through because he's got time, I guess, And he was able to locate one hundred million over the last five years that has been spent in some capacity to either push for laws successfully in some cases like in New York where they're getting rid of the coal fired pizza ovens, but attacking pizza. They spend one hundred million dollars either trying to get laws passed, some successfully to make it harder to get pizza. This was a nutrition initiative, or to essentially try to shame you out of eating pizza. And I'm sorry, if there is a more unifying thing, one hundred million of my dollars to tell me not to eat pizza is a big screw you man. And I feel like that's got across political boundaries.
Speaker 5: I mean, it certainly has to a lot of these same international organizations that are pushing these kinds of ideas throughout all these different agencies and media are the same people who are supporting the World Health Organization trying to make the entire world give up their their beer, their wine, their.
Speaker 4: Their alcohol of any kind. I mean, we just have.
Speaker 5: This very toxic relationship with all of these different international orgs who are trying to change culture top to bottom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's the CIA component there as well, you know which by which we know the CIA had with the Pakistan vaccine drive, which was more about them trying to get genetic data, not just to see who was in that compound with bin laden, but really map the Middle East, and I understand the reasoning. They want it all right, so here is somebody we have data on this wanted terrorists and we have a familial connection, and now that will help. But they did it under the guise of a vaccine program, which undermines legitimate medical programs. Like it's all so messy, and so Mike is considering all the ox is getting gord, whether it's three letter agencies, your local politician, activists who found themselves these push gigs. My concern is like, somebody's going to go postal man, and I don't know what it looks like because this is so effectively laying it out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do worry about that. I do believe that somebody is going to go postal here. And this is a radical, radical change in Washington, d C. This is what we're seeing what was promised in twenty sixteen with Drain the Swamp. This is it's actually finally happening. And to to go back real quick to your point about the CIA and agencies overseas that do humanitarian work. I've talked to you on this show about the new Showtime series that just finished its first series a season, The Agency starring Michael Fastbender. Yeah, this is a this is a CIA thriller that has a lot to do if Yeah, you know, maneuvering on the African continent in Ukraine, and you know that there's a main character of the show who is undercover CIA acting as a humanitarian doctor on the warfront in Ukraine and carrying out operations against the Russians out of a hospital wearing you know, nurse scrubs. And this is actually how it works, and it puts real humanitarian agencies in danger when intelligence agencies are using things like the USAID and vaccine drives to push foreign policy agendas, because then those people all become suspects to our enemies and people do less good and that's not how we should be doing business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there are you can't, I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't. There are some big AID agencies where if you worked for the federal US government, you can't work for that agency if you ever worked.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, Now it puts the target on everybody's back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just like, I'm sorry, we can't hire you even if because you worked in Washington, even in probably a mundane capacity. They're just they don't want those beams crossing.
Speaker 5: And I am now I mean if if yeah, I mean, if you're going to take a job on the front in Ukraine and they see in your background any sort of Russian officer or agencies that you worked in Washington, DC, that you lived in northern Virginia, they're going to think that this person is probably an asset and you're going to be under extra scrutiny as well as your entire team. And you just make this point in general to say that the USAID is what their critics say they are. They are a front group for intelligence operations and foreign policy work by the deep state, and they do things that on paper are good, but this is not the way that we should be doing the work of intelligence and foreign policy.
Speaker 1: I got two minutes left. I got to pivot to this because it comes down to does this hasten others kind of trying to divorce themselves of this, which I can I think it does right because nobody wants to get tangled in this. So the oscars are you following this where you have a quote prominent actors who are trying to organize this picture about the transgender cartel leader, which I want the thing to be called El Chopo, but I missed out to win all thirteen nominated categories. To send a message to Trump, you want to talk about seppuku via the oscars? What are these folks doing? By the way, the record holder is eleven for three different films. Thirteen would be the new record. You think they'll actually do that? Do you think they'll be that dumb to alienate more of their audience?
Speaker 5: Are we talking about Amelia Perez?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Do you think they'll do it? Because they're lobbying for it.
Speaker 5: Of course they'll do it, Casey, are you crazy?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Man, And it will be beating out ben Her Titanic and Return of the King, which currently hold the record for eleven wins. We'll see. We got about a month to go. But and Ross is busy that day. He told me he's not be able to watch it. So you're going to be our oscar guy. Okay, sorry, I can't wait falls to you all right, there you go, Stephen Kent joining us Geeky Stoics if you want to buy a forty thousand dollars subscription and we'll be back. Hang on