Speaker 1: The right fart.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Playoff Baseball is back, and with it an annual postseason tradition.
Speaker 3: Scam is back. Baby.
Speaker 4: This is Sax and cakes in.
Speaker 5: The apples go with Broway.
Speaker 2: Dodger legend Steve Sacks is joined by your favorite Dodger pregame host, Tim Kates. If you want to talk Dodgers, get in on the show on eighty six six nine, eighty seven two five seven now. While the Dan Patrick Show streams on the iHeartRadio app. We've been banished to the Internet until this Dodgers playoff run concludes. Here they are broadcasting live on AM five to seven e LA Sports. It's Tim Kats and Steve Sachs.
Speaker 3: The Nldsys are returning the Dodger Stadium for a decisive game five tomorrow night. Is the Dodgers win in San Diego Last night eight nothing, They've beat the Padres. Mookie Betts goes deep, Will Smith a bomb, Gavin Lux goes deep. The Dodgers bang out twelve hits. Eight of the nine starters get base hits. Last night Showyotani goes one for three, couple of walks on base three times. It Oh yeah. The Dodgers bullpen. Everyone that came out of that gate last night put up a zero, from Ryan Brasier to Blake Trning to land and Neck in the ninth inning and everybody in between as the Dodgers force a decisive Game five tomorrow night at Dodgers Stadium, Saxy. The more I talk about it and hear about it this game five, the more and more I'm getting fired up about what the atmosphere is gonna be like at Dodgers Stadium. It was the biggest game this year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's gonna be amazing, There's no question about it. And the good thing is that the tide has turned, or the momentum has shifted. You can't see it.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 6: It doesn't have a color or anything, but you can certainly feel it, and you can feel it through the airwaves. You can feel it when you're watching TV. The swag is there, but it's not on the shirts of the Padres. It's over with the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Is there such thing as game to game momentum? Because the Padres had the momentum going in to last night and then the Dodgers snatched it from him.
Speaker 6: That's because you had really an epic event. You saw a complete sea change in Mookie Bets, and I mean that completely because once, like Muki said, he saw one fall, the confidence was reinstated back into his heart, and man, he is off. And if that guy gets off, watch out because he is very dangerous. And we're gonna see it now. I think we're just seeing the start of something up again.
Speaker 3: And we'll find out maybe later today, maybe tomorrow, who the Dodgers will in fact throw out there for the Game five starter. Could it be Yoshi Yamamoto. Could it be Jack Flaherty, Could it be another bullpen game that Dave Roberts elects to go to. He wouldn't tip his hand last night when asked after the Game four win what his plans are. We expect you Darvish to be the starter for the Padres in game five. He started already against the Dodgers in this series, in Game two at Dodgers Stadium. It was very successful against the Dodgers. But the Dodgers have options now with two rested starters in Flaherty and Yamamoto ready to go. As you said, it'll be all hands on deck, including the Dodgers relievers. Freddie Freeman. We hope to have his ankle healed miraculously and ready to go for Game five tomorrow, so we will find out and we are excited about this game five tomorrow night. Let's quickly go back in here again and we played it for you earlier. Dave Roberts his postgame thoughts after Game four last night and what was a game in which he pushed all the right buttons for the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Mooch has been big.
Speaker 7: Obviously, we got a lot of good players, but it's not on one player, clearly, And today Mookie shine. Last night Mookie shined, and today we'll.
Speaker 4: Had a big hit.
Speaker 7: So that's a great thing about having good players, and you know they don't need to do anything more than they're capable of and just kind of do what their potential, their their abilities allow for. And that's what they did tonight.
Speaker 4: They've you've talked a lot about fight, especially over the last week or so, like, how pleas were you.
Speaker 7: Just kind of what these guys did. Proud I think that you know, when you go through the regular season, a lot of things are sort of calculated, and you know there's a lot of variables because you're playing for the longer view, but when you get into the postseason, it's a street fight and it's about people players, and your desire has got to be more.
Speaker 4: Than your opponent.
Speaker 7: And for me to see our guys go through what they've been through and respond the way they have really makes me excited about Game five.
Speaker 4: As you guys mapped out your pitching plan heading into this one, was Flairity an option.
Speaker 3: He was, he was the last.
Speaker 7: He was a late option if something, you know, funky happy and guys weren't as efficient as possible. But now he's a live for Game five.
Speaker 8: As well, with the importance of getting an early lead in a game like this. How much of a tone setter was Mookie's home run? And you know there's a lot going on with him on Monday, Just can you just talk a little bit about how he responded to this all the noise, I guess really.
Speaker 7: I think you know responded really well. I've always tell the guys the game honors you, and the work that he's put in grinding in the cage and extra hitting certainly has paid off. And your question about striking first when you come on the road, it is important. Hitting is still hard. You can't just book up book, you know, a homer or a crooked number in the first inning. But I do believe that the intent even show Hayes first swing up tonight, you know, was aggressive on the fastball and for us to get to cease early get to their pen. Obviously it gave us momentum. But yeah, it started with Mookie right there.
Speaker 3: All right, there's Dave Roberts post game last night after the Dodgers ate. Nothing shut out over the Padres coming up at the bottom of the arrow. We'll join us, get his thoughts on this Dodgers team going into Game five, and Saxy, let's go back out to the phones. Eric in Hollywood has been waiting patiently. Eric in morning.
Speaker 9: How you doing, God, jer good shood, dude, good morning.
Speaker 1: Who Yes, those bats came alive last night. Man, geek it you shine bright like you do in the postseason. Of course, tvvy sax ty man. I am worried man, of.
Speaker 9: Course, because we've seen this before.
Speaker 1: We have, but we never stopped believing.
Speaker 10: We bleed bloom in.
Speaker 1: La And I'm looking forward to Friday and having our house rockets. They giving the Pats a nice warm welcome on their way in and Saxony, Please, what are your keys to that game?
Speaker 11: And who woul you start?
Speaker 12: Scause?
Speaker 4: I'm excited, man, I can't wait for it.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot, Eric, All right, who would you start Saxy right now? Day before the game, fresh off of game four? Game five tomorrow night at five oh eight? Right now, who do you start? Yamamoto? Flerity, bullpen game? Your three options?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 6: So I would probably start Yamamoto with an extremely short leash, very very short. I would have no qualms that all of Dave said, Hey, let's go with another bullpen game. I'm all in on that too, But I would start Yamamoto, and I want to see how far we can get with this guy. What happens if he gives you five shutdown innings? Now you're sitting really good. You can really pound him with the bullpen and match up very easily the last four innings, and it would be well suited for the next series as well. I know this is all that matters right now, but I'm going with Yamamoto with a very very short leash.
Speaker 3: I'm going to disagree. I'd go Flarerity. That's my first gut reaction. The day before Game five, I'd go flarity because hard throwing right hander, a guy who can go in there and get ahead in the count and strikeout guys, and Yamamoto is a guy who can get contact. Struggling to finish off hitters. Here in the postseason late in September was Yamamoto. So I go flarity first again. Obviously short leash, but yama Moto. Let him see the game a little bit, let him see it develop in front of him for the first inning or two, and maybe he comes in and piggybacks jack flairity. Maybe you go to a left hander, depending on the matchups, and then go to yama Moto in the second or third inning and let him soak up three or four innings. I'd rather have that and let him see the game in front of him, maybe the lead already for the Dodgers, and he can settle in a little bit more comfortable. I just worry about the nerves for yama Mode. I saw that first start and he was spiking balls, he was missing his ausbied pitches. It felt to me, you know who am I, but it kind of felt to me that he was nervous and the tension got to him from that playoffs now, all right, Tim whatever?
Speaker 6: No, Hey, hey, look the good thing about where Dave Roberts is he's got options. Now, he's got options, and so whatever he chooses is going to be the right decision. I believe that. And hey, the saving grace is your bullpen is stocked and ready. And the good thing about this whole thing, if you turn it around, the Dodgers kind of deemed up that bullpen again. They got they got the hoeing. I mean they got, you know, a couple of earned runs and just two thirds and inning off of him. They were able to get to Wandy Peralta a little bit. Uh, and certainly they did. They put a spanking on Dylan Ce. So the Dodgers kind of got into that bullpen a little bit. And that's that's a good thing.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Richard on the two ten freeway hopefully ten and two focused on driving, but also focused on Saxon Kates and a am how you doing Richard.
Speaker 4: Good Man?
Speaker 13: How you guys doing great?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 13: So I just want to touch base on this. Uh, you know, the Dodgers have outscored the Padres thirteen and nothing ever since. From a Childah's little bush league move there. Call it you know karma, or call it the you know the baseball gud looking down. Look, i'll take both of them, and i'll take that in Game five too. But they've outscored them thirteen and nothing, just that second inning.
Speaker 3: It is interesting, right, It's all I got. You're right, it is interesting. The baseball gods could be putting it down on the padres for that Shenanigan play. Smart baseball play, according to some others, not a great baseball play for many, John, which is interesting, Saxy. I don't know how that's a fair that's a fair assessment.
Speaker 6: People, So well, he created his own lane. He did create his own lane. He was running straight to second base when he saw Freddy Freeman get the ball, he ghastly created another lane and he ran right on the grass. I mean, that's like going from the four or five to the twenty two right, you make that hard left. I mean that's what he did. I mean, seriously, you're gonna you're gonna say that's creating.
Speaker 3: Your own lane.
Speaker 6: You just made another lane and it was about three feet on the grass. I don't know how that's a fair play. Seriously, I don't know what I don't have a rule book with me. I don't know the exact rule. I know about the lane and all that, but it states in there, Oh, by the way, if you see to it, that you can get in the path of the of the throwing lane. You can do that too by running about six feet to the left and then having it hit you off your spikey ear, and then the ball goes in left field.
Speaker 3: That's fair play. I can't believe that. Here's why I feel better as a baseball fan, and you listening right now should feel better about that play. It's because nobody really understands the ruling in it. And it's good to know that as a baseball fan because hearing you talk about it, Big Poppy a Rod, Derek Jeter, all three of them are on TV like, yeah, it kind of feels wrong. Yeah, it doesn't seem like a natural baseball play. And then I hear a guy like Brett Boone, former player who's got a podcast and based in San Diego, so out there with him. He's like, Hey, great play, that's a great baseball move. And then I read on Twitter yesterday and Chipper Jones is like, hey, I don't have a rooting interest in this, But that was interesting base running for Mandy Machado to hear all you great baseball players, experts, analysts all kind of like, what was that? What's the ruling on this? If you guys don't kind of understand it, then I feel better.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't. I mean, I just don't get it. What's the spirit of the rule. That's what I think you have to take into consideration. And I don't think the spirit of the rule. I mean, I mean, what happens if you're in the way of a throw and you reach up and grab it. Ye say, well, I thought it was gonna hit me, so I grabbed it. I mean does that count? I mean, seriously, I don't get where the spirit of the rule would be. Okay, if you're I understand, if you've got a lane to run in and you're just running and you're in the base path, that it hits you, great, I mean that's fine. But when you're peeking over your shoulder you see him feeld it, you're in the running lane, and then you take three steps to the left on the grass just so it can hit you. I don't think the spirit of the rule is meaning that that that's okay.
Speaker 3: I just don't believe it. Absolutely, Manuel and Guardena is next up. Manuel, buddy, how you doing.
Speaker 9: Sacks?
Speaker 10: And Kate's in the am, brother of Dave and the man they call the Wall from the Great one eighth Fellas. It's a beautiful day in La. It's October. It's that October baseball. You got these heavy mornings. The Marine Layer also gonna have that tomorrow night at dusk. I heard you guys talking about the factor of the moving up of the game, and for me, that is a concern for me. That's why I believe you have to have guys like Chris Taylor, Key k Hernandez. I would even go as far as maybe later innings, Austin Barnes. We need guys who are well versed at Chavez Ravine. This game is for all the marbles, man, This is what baseball's about, Sacksye. It feels like when you guys were going up against the Mets. Man, Why good Eryl Strawberry, Kevin McReynolds, you know, Kevin Mitchell, all those guys. This team's staffed like that, man, And.
Speaker 9: This is what baseball's about.
Speaker 10: That's what I love, man. Game four the Dodgers came out and showed exactly what they're going to do tomorrow night as well. I have a firm elise that the Dodgers just like, well.
Speaker 4: Who was it a couple months off?
Speaker 10: I think Houddie that was like, hey, man, we got to remember, we're the freaking Dodgers, We're the class of the NL, We're the freaking Yankees of the West.
Speaker 4: And the show goes through here. Remember we're the number one seed.
Speaker 10: So we get done tomorrow night, we get a little rest, and it's set up man eighty eight all over again.
Speaker 9: Baby, let's go Dodgers in five.
Speaker 3: All right? Man Well and Guardina Well said, fired up about Game five tomorrow night. Certainly it's nice to have home field advantage here in this pivotal Game five, This.
Speaker 6: Game, Yeah, somebody just told me. I just had a Hey, guess what you hear it? He Manuel just said Dodgers in five that you know that was awesome my prediction, right.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying it was. It was, And you're saying you predicted yesterday and your keys to the game, the bullpen and Yokie needed to be big and would be big, and that's exactly what happened last night. Eight different relievers, eight different relievers for the Dodgers putting up zeros last night. That's pretty impressive. The more and more I think about it, not one guy gave up a run. It wasn't an eight to one, an eight to two win.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Eight different Dodger relievers put up zeros last night. Called unity and team participation, and we want you to participate right here on Saxon Kates in the am eight say six, nine eighty seven, two, five seventy your phone calls the rest of the way. We're also gonna hear from Jose mona part of our broadcast. You also hear him on the Spanish radio broadcast, get his thoughts on this game last night and the pivotal must win game five tomorrow night. It's sax and Kate and am right here on a FI seventy LA Sports. Let's go. There will be a Game five of this NLTS tomorrow night out of Dodger Stadium. We'll have it for you right here on I'm seventy LA Sports, Tim Kate, Steve Saxon You on this Thursday morning. Is the Dodgers and eight nothing shut out win or with the Padres last night in San Diego. They were ready to erupt at Petco Park. They were ready to celebrate a trip to the NLCS to face the New York Mets. But not so fast, my friends. There will be a Game five as the Dodgers win at eight to nothing to even up this series at two games of peace, and first pitch will be at five oho eight tomorrow night at Dodgers Stadium. We'll get back out to the phones in just a minute. Joining us now. You hear him on the Dodgers radio broadcast on Spanish and English right here on a FI seventy LA Sports. He is the one and only Jose Mota, and he joins us now here on saxon Kate's an am Jose, good morning, How you doing, buddy?
Speaker 4: Good morning. I made the tradition. I don't know if I should be interviewed to our if I should be interviewing you and Steve Sacks or.
Speaker 3: My hero Jose Jose. Last night, you're at Petco Park. What an environment. That place was ready to erupt, Mookie Beck. It's quieted very quickly the second batter of the game with a home run, and then the Dodgers just seem to get all the momentum back in this series.
Speaker 4: After that, we talked about momentum a lot to me know very well and Saxon knows very well too. Man, it takes a lot sometimes and it's such a toll, especially in the postseason when you're facing you know, top pitchers, top relievers, high leverage situations, and the offense has to play from behind. It It's it's hard, man, It's like it's exhausting. I mean, I mean you live it as a player. You go, well, you know, three runs down to the first second ending feels like six runs already, even though you still have a lot of game left. It's not the same. But then when you take the lead, especially under the circumstances of dolluers that with a bullpen game, it really alleviates kind of loosens everybody up. I know that Dave Roberts had a message for those guys before the game about, you know, just being more conscious of contact the day before. A lot of swings and misses. The Powers are not shying away from the strike zone. And I'm glad to do you solve from Max Mounsey to Mookie to show hey, go out there and make early contact, don't try to overdo it because nobody's gonna hit a six run homer. And perhaps you know, they carried off with that and had a very nice all around game on the offensive side and the historic game on the bullpen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Ose, how you doing, buddy, well, i'saw my friends actually number.
Speaker 3: Three jose Com, Papa.
Speaker 4: Mub and Grasia. Pops is doing good. Pomps is enjoying every single pitch. Believe me, he is engaged.
Speaker 6: I want to tell everybody just how much I love your dad. He's He's like family to me. He's always concerned about my family. He was my hitting coach for the longest time with the Dodgers, and Manny Mota every time I see him, either in spring train or whatever, I just love Manny. I just love your dad. And you know, he's just such a wonderful person. So send send my best and I love damn.
Speaker 4: Okay, I will do that. You know how much he loves you and their family too.
Speaker 3: Thank you, buddy. So, Jose, I got to ask you.
Speaker 6: I ready wanted to get your opinion on this is the Dodgers did everything in under the sun that people could ask for. We all know how prolific they are hitting the home run, But how about the tag up, you know with show, Hey, how about the bunt by Edmunds? How about all the little things Munsey going from first to third with the vengeance. I love all the little things that this big, big, giant, terrible destroying team that the Dodgers about put out there still able to concentrate on the little things, and that's important to win.
Speaker 4: Paul Man, that is so big sacts. You know very well that you know it was preached to you guys time and time again, especially when you depend so much on the home run over one sixty two. You know, one sixty two doesn't play well all the time. We have a you know, best of five, and what happens is easy. You played in field. I played in field. There's so many distractions that happen sometimes when there's guys moving around going first to third, guys tagging that show how he did in the line drive the center field, by the way, But also you know Gavin nuts and that first the first time he went first to third, I'm going okay there on, you know, because you get to feel sometimes in a sense that when a team's playing tight or where a team's playing loose, and that to me was pretty much in the potter's face. You kind of acquired the crowd. And you know, I was somebody who's asking me about this series and coming to San Diego, said, well, the biggest thing that you can make is just like we learned from Mike Socio with the Angels when they went to fendlers, like you score early, you score continuously, you take the crowd out very quickly. That's what the Dodgers did, and then all these little pieces add up to pictures having more pressure on that pitch they need to make. You know very well, Saxy, you know to me that you know, having a guy at third base or second base when a game on the line, and then with a real deep lineup, it affects your release pulling, it affects your pitch, just like it affects the catcher what he calls. I mean, he's worried about blocking and things like that. So I just hope sactually that they don't forget about those little things because overall it is what allows the big hitters to get better pitches to hit, being better counts, and also not forget about this thing very important productive outs which people don't value as much anymore, are a big part of how you score runs and continue to continue, you know, add up some runs. Those those second runs are so important. But the safety weeks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, perfect, Tim, I got I gotta ask some something real quick, because it's kind of like an add on to this, Jose. How about the bat by Mookie not going for the home run even though he just hit one the Pepper game, he played with tattoos and just punching that ball a half swing, not worried about eggs of velocity or a launch angle or anything like that. He had a nice little soft line drive that was able to score a run. I thought that was his best at bat of the night.
Speaker 4: I love that too, because Mookie bess is perhaps he was the most consistent hitter for the dall yards minute scoring position, and those at bats are the ones that he carries. When MOOKI he is looking for, you know, the power. It's a pull mode, which is fine because he hits home runs of the pole side. But man, he is such a tough out. And even hitters and players and pitchers on the other side have told me, you know, there's like two Mookies. There's that one going to go out there and ambush you early, and then that one where you just go, how am I going to get about? He's playing off the pitches.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then here's another thing too. Even though when he went through his over twenty two Tim and Saxon and then he started oh for six this series, he was still taking walks. And I was telling Pep on the broadcast, I go, when we take walks, even though you're scuffling, something is coming because you're not just giving away at bats. You're taking walks because you're seeing pitches and eventually you're going to run into good pitches ahead. And and I'm so glad that you bring that up because more of that is always Look. I said the same thing with Joel Tommy. Sometimes when he brings the other club, the smaller club, it's better. He becomes a better hitter. He praised the ball around. I'm more dangerous at bat and certain that power is going to be there because the guy is just a freak.
Speaker 3: I want to celebrate the eight different relief last night, Jose that went out there and did their job, and that roadmap that they laid out. Connor McGinnis, Mark Pryor Dave Roberts, the entire coaching staff that they had match up for matchup for all twenty seven outs. It could have gone south really quickly if something doesn't work in the middle of that linked chain of eight different relievers. But it worked to a t.
Speaker 4: It was historic. I mean, eight guys go out there and one follows the other. Here's another thing I liked. There's talk before the game is who's going to be the bulk guy. I'm going you don't need a bulk guy. You got to go each inning to see where the game is if it happens, so you get, you know, among his lead. Early they might think about a bulk guy, but then you gotta work about the other lineup. The Potters are a very tough team. They're resilient, they're arrogant, they bring their game. I mean they want to play the villain and they do it very well and they're talented. Man. So he cannot even be comfortable with a five round lead because with a crowd behind them and the guys being displayed on the mound one by one. Dave Roberts, Mar Guinness, as you mentioned, and Mark Parra had flexibility to know that let's play it off and see how it all go. So we see Michael Kolpek throw that early in the game, that tells you the urgency is now, which you need to have, and then see how things line up towards the end because you do. You did have some bulk guys. He could have gone with Gasparius, he could have gone with land the Neck. But you know what, it's not time to experiment. And you wont those experienced arms to take care of a team like the Pods that they need very little to get motivated against the Dodgers. And I'm glad that they got shut out. And there's no celebrasion here at Petco last night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hose, We're looking at the best players on the planet, two of the best teams in the world, and yet we can see how fickle, how fickle momentum can change things, how confidences can be, you know, swayed back and forth. You see how this has all changed from the Padres and their swag. Now the Dodgers have that confidence. You see that in the macro level and the micro level. How about what we see with Mookie Betts. I mean, this guy signed a your contract. He's one of the best players on the planet. And yet he says, when that ball fell in there, and now my confidence is soaring again. Isn't that crazy? How this game can mess with you it?
Speaker 4: Oh my god. I mean the mental side of this game, Sacks is you know very well, it's draining sometimes is exhausting. And you think about Mookie Bets, right, he hits the ball down your stadium the other day and he's like, Okay, I'm off, we going here, we go home run before you know the ball's cop Then in your mind is like, everything I do now is going to go wrong. He is the ball here, he thinks it's got he's heading towards the dugout. Yes, that's a good point, but yeah, I mean I'm.
Speaker 3: Going towards the pitcher's mount that wait a minute, and it's a home run now.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So on the micro, as you mentioned, on the micro, every little thing changes. Think about the base running by many Machado, how that changed everything in that inning for Walker Builder and all those little things that add up that you just go well, that's why spring training, as boring as it might be for some guys, it's about details and preparing because a lot of things that you see sacks very well. You obviously have way more experience than I do. In the big scenario is fielding your position as a pitcher, paying attention to the base runners, throwing to the right base, hitting the cutoff man. All those things matter from the very first day you take the field onto the very last day of playing baseball. Yep.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you jose, but I loved spring training. Loved it. I couldn't get enough of it.
Speaker 9: I love that you guys, you guys, you guys actually had like.
Speaker 3: Bats, a ton of them. Man, I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: Lawyers now to do that, Oh my god, wouldn't They wouldn't know what to do. You have guys that was like, I give the thirty five or forty bouts. I'm like, no, you don't need more. You know you need more.
Speaker 6: In the NFL now they don't even they don't even playing preseason. Then when the season starts, everybody's hurt.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: For the first thing, it's crazy, it's crazy. I remember one year, Well, I think you hit like ten doubles in spring training. I'm like, what the heck, Mario? Here like nine triples?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm too soon. The final thing for me this momentum that they're riding. Can they ride it into game five tomorrow night? And what's your hunch? What does your gut tell you? Dave Roberts goes with as far as the starter tomorrow night, is it a bullpen game, which he said could happen. Is it Flaerty, is it Yamamoto?
Speaker 4: He says that both of them are in play. Here's if both of them are in play, here's what I would do. I will start Yamamoto and have somebody warming up in the very first inning. That's what I would do. Now, if I start Flouty, it definitely is going to be a bullpen game. And in that case, to me, Yamamoto is out of the question. Unless Flowerty runs to a high pitch count. You need somebody in the middle. Because we know that Yama Moto does not get up to good starts. The powers are in his head, there's no doubt about it. Since Korea they attack him and ambush him and he just doesn't know what to do sometimes. But it's a different scenario. He is pitching big games before. But my hunch is that every piece is on the table and where throwing well is going to run The momentum, and I for sure think that the offense has learned enough to know that the less it's more, and especially tomorrow, if they're going to face they got like darbish man, you could not be spreading down to the zone and got to cut down to the chases and just know that you're gonna have to win a game two to one, three to one, because obviously you don't see a lot of games like last night happened in the postseason.
Speaker 3: No doubt. Jose, that's great. We appreciate you jumping on this morning. I know you're gonna jump on a train and head back from San Diego, old school style traveling by train. I love it, love it. We appreciate you coming on this morning. Yeah, thanks any time.
Speaker 4: Great to catch up my friend be well, thank you guys too.
Speaker 3: All right, there he goes Jose Mota. You hear him on the Spanish broadcast. You hear him here on an FI seventy LA sports as well. Todd on the road here in southern California and driving around listening to Saxon Kate in the am. Good morning, Todd, Hey.
Speaker 5: Guys, that does a great interview. By the way, Jose, it's a class act and his dad. I mean, you don't remember that ball up that hit off the all against the Phillies at Greg Wazinski. Uh that you know it came out he can caught it off the wall. That was that was an amazing to come back. But anyway, it's a great interview. I just want to say this, if you look at what's happening and Freddy's hurt, uh, if they looked so much more complete last night and more depth. So I feel like, unless Freddie feels one hundred percent better, which is pretty unlikely, I'd much try to see him come up with the benches a pitch shitter later later in the game and have guys like, you know, make sure Key k is in that game because that guy loves playing in these games.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: And you know Chris Taylor can't hit anything, so you probably want to put bodies and center and you and you put Max at first, and you know you got Tommy Evans at shorties. You know, please don't bring uh you know, I mean, I love you Ross, but he's not one hundred percent. Let's get the guys out there healthy. We have a great depth. That's why they have all this depth. So let's uh, let's go ahead. And that's my feeling.
Speaker 3: What about your guys do appreciate? I think your Freddy Freeman can go at seventy five. He's got to be out there sexy.
Speaker 6: I agree, I agree, he's uh. You know, Freddie adds a certain stature in that in that lineup that puts some fear in some and some pitchers. They all know what he's capable of doing. And I believe seventy five percent of Freddy is good for me. His presence alone is what you need in that Dodger lineup. Junior in Norwalk, Junior, good morning, how you doing?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 4: I am doing.
Speaker 12: I called yesterday to give some criticism, you know, nuts and monthy, but I'll man up and give credit when credit is due. I think the key to success is discipline and consistency. And if they could repeat what they did yesterday, you know, we should have it in the bag God willing. And also like I think they should, you know, like the saying, don't fix what's not broken, keep doing what they did with the pitching, as far as keeping short leashes of everybody and riding the wave, and that's pretty much.
Speaker 3: It, all right, Junior, appreciate the phone call. Yeah, I think you're gonna see a short leash on everybody tomorrow that comes out and pitches for the Dodgers, whether it's Yamamoto who starts, Flarity who starts, or maybe if they go with a bullpen game. I was talking to one of the guys here in the in the back room during the break, and I just don't see them going with another bullpen game saxtually. I know it's something you want to throw out there and maybe kind of leave it out there for the Padres to think about and marinate for the next twenty four hours, But in reality, game five, you kind of gotta go with the start. I think they're gonna go with the starter.
Speaker 6: Wouldn't it be wouldn't be unbelievable if you got, you know, one of those two guys, Yamamoto or Flarity and they went five or six innings and he shut him down. I mean, very possible, you know what's possible. But you're you're dealing with a very elite bunch of hitters with the Padres. I mean, you get guys, you get an unbelievable production off of guys like David Peralta, who is just a pure hitter. This guy started out as a pitcher. He was released early this year and then they picked him up in May and look what he's done. I mean, this is incredible what this guy's line has been. You know, if you look at his history, and they got guys that are scrappers over there, but you know what, they're not adverse to the downfall either. And you could have one of these starters put a shutdown on him and that would be unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Cannot wait for Game five. It's tomorrow night right here on A five seventy LA Sports will come back, get more of your phone calls before we hand things off to the herd with Colin Cowherd, Rgan and Rodney coming up at two o'clock to or noon today Petrol, some money will be flexback starting at to why you ask, there's no game five tonight, that's tomorrow. We got Thursday night football for you here on AF five seventy night ten Sports. It's a great question, Zax. Yeah, I'm so dialed in right now to what is happening with the Dodgers and the Padres in Game five tomorrow night. They completely slip my mind that the forty nine Ers and Seahawks are playing tonight. You're forty nine ers. Yeah, they're gonna get thumped. Yeah they probably will.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know what though their favorite? How about that three and a half PoID favorite to get people healthy? Man, they got Dodger problems. Twitter on the bench, they do they do. We'll come back. We'll get more of your phone calls. The Dodgers have forced a game five. They did it all square at two games a piece. Your phone calls, will we come back? Right here at ANFI seventy LA Sports, sax and kates at am here on ANFI seventy LA Sports on this Thursday morning, October tenth. The sun is starting to peak out here as the marine layer fades away. Dodgers win last night in Game four in San Diego eight to nothing to force a decisive Game five in this National League Divisional Series. Tomorrow night. We'll have it for you right here on your home of the Dodgers, A five seventy LA Sports with Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck, starting at four o'clock in the afternoon, it said earlier first pitch, So make sure you're ready. Dodger fans, if you're heading out to the game, take a half day at work, take the day off, just sit back and enjoy a five seventy LA Sports if you're going to the game. If you're not, we'll have all the play by play as we do as your home of show. Hey, o Tani and the Dodgers first pitch is at five. Oh wait, don't forget tomorrow. We have a two hundred and fifty dollars gift card to the Dodgers' Clubhout Store at Universal City Walk. The Dodgers Clubhout Store features an official and custom jerseys of your favorite Dodger players, along with hats, t shirts, everything you could want. Gear up at the Dodgers Clubhout Store, the official team store of AMFI seventy la Sports. All right, Sax, we got a lot of Dodger fans to still want a way in and we're excited about that and we're fired up along with you, Dodger Bob and Malibu. Thankes for to being patient, Bob. Good morning.
Speaker 14: How you guys doing today.
Speaker 9: It's a pleasure to be on with you, Bob.
Speaker 3: Thanks for calling.
Speaker 9: I was at Petco last night.
Speaker 14: There was a small group of us that were still in the crowd there. We got around the baby moves to get some tickets down there at Petco, but we were able to get in and be supporting our boys out there, which was fantastic. Man, it was good to see him play the way they did.
Speaker 3: Nice, nice, and you brought home a victory. Thank you for that.
Speaker 14: Absolutely well. You know I was going to say my point today is a big part of that victory last night. They silenced the crowd early. But you hear about the bottom half of the lineup. You hear about passing the baton. You guys are always so cool to give us all insight as to what you know the game is all about, and how players see the game and what you guys talk about. You hear that term passing the baton. I really felt like the team did just that last night, from the pitching to the batting, everything from offense to defense, everything was working with each other, and I think that was such a crucial part to that victory. It was just a pleasure to see him play like that. My point going forward to game five, my question for you guys, I feel like Flarity's got the dog in him. Isn't Flarity the move there for game five. Don't we put that dog back out on the mount and let him fight through that lineup a little bit. Yes, that's my question to you guys.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, and yes, Bob appreciate it. Glad you're at the game last night representing and Dodger Blue. Yes, yes, and yes, Jack Flaerdy is right. He is a dog out there. He wants the ball. He's not afraid of the moment. No, he's not.
Speaker 6: And if it's him or if it's Giamamoto, great, I mean, I'm all for that because I think the bullpen's going to act in their normal fashion, that is to come in and support those those starters. And you get five or six out of those starters, Man, it's gonna it's gonna look good. But I have my own keys that I'll let you know what I'm thinking about that in a minute.
Speaker 3: All right, Julio and Laverne is next up here on an I seventy l A Sports.
Speaker 9: Julio, go ahead, Hey, good morning, guess, thanks for taking a call. Hey, quick question. Let's talk about CG three, God bless CG three, his struggles at the plate last night where you know where oh I fell for him for four punch outs, something's not right. Me and my family are watching the game. Even my niece said, something's not right with CG three. Question here is where the Ki kid coming off the bench doing so well? I really like kik a center field. But on Tuesday, if you saw them at bad Andy Fachas had that was a great at bet. I know he's shrucked out, but he was like dialed in. I really like Pakis in center as well. But I want to ask you guys a lot of questions coming up for tomorrow's game. The starter, the bull you know, do we do bull paying game? But how about center field?
Speaker 12: Who do you put in center?
Speaker 9: I really don't want to put CT three out there? Like I said, love him, great guy, he gave a lot to us. But but uh, I got to go with either or maybe Andy Pacuez. What do you guys see? Oh? Lastly, lastly, a great interview with Jose Mota. I ran into his dad at the casino at Jamova. I don't know last month, great guy, beautiful uh talking to the mister Madnumota. A lot of memories with him, of course, But anyway, back to the point, who do you start a center for tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Appreciate who yo, I go, Key k Hernandez, one hundred percent. There's not even a question in my mind. When you asked the question, I couldn't say it fast enough. Key k Hernandez, you want to alter your opinion on that? Are you good on that? I'm good. I'm one hundred percent. Put it in some men, I'm done.
Speaker 6: I'm with you. I'm with you. He's of the moment. He's been there and done this before, and he's winging a good bat. He can play center field.
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 3: I think so. Any's emotional leader on that team too. He's one of the guys. Yeah, he's been here, done that. He's been a part of World Series runs. He's been part of the championship in twenty I want Key k and center. Let squeeze in one more. We don't get you. I apologize Jimmy on the two ten, real quick, Jimmy, go ahead.
Speaker 11: Hey, good morning, guys, man, what a great win yesterday. You know, all the way around, you know what I really feel that. You know, you know, they keep using the analogy big brother, little brother. I'm glad that big brother finally stepped back and slapt little brother in the back. You know, because they were taking the preth out of us getting under their skin. I'm glad that Mookie Best got that home run. I think that this is going to be contagious. I think we're on fire. I think the team is starting to believe in themselves. I agree with Kekey Hernandez in center field. He has been there, he has done that, and he knows how to control his emotions up there at bets. You saw that bat last night, his first base hit. I mean that was sweet. So I would say as far as pitching, I agree with you. Guys start flirty bringing in the second inning, depending on how Flaherty's doing, bringing Yamamoto and then going to the boat. Can you know if they could suck up a couple more innings. I think Dave Roberts is using his experience in the postseason to be able to pull pitchers Like last game yesterday. I mean, I just feel like that whole doug out was full of life.
Speaker 3: They were Jimmy, appreciate it, my man. I know you're fired up. We all are. And guess what, We'll do it again tomorrow six am to nine am. Saxy, how about that? I want to do it. Diamayana absolutely, we'll do it again tomorrow. We'll get Steve's keys tomorrow as well into a Game five win. Guess what, Dodger fans, he was right on yesterday for Game four. I cannot wait to hear his keys tomorrow for Game five leading up to a divisional must win game, win or go home. Thanks to Katie, thanks to Michelle, thanks to you for being a part of the show. We're back at it tomorrow. Dodgers have done it, They've forced a Game five. Hope you're ready first pitch at five O Way tomorrow. Colin Cowherd coming up next.
Speaker 4: Yep.