Speaker 1: You are any be history.
Speaker 2: Sorry welcome, Hi, Hi.
Speaker 3: The Pro Audio seek Those guys are professional and motivated with text.
Speaker 2: The LEO stars George Wisam, founder of Source Element, Robert Marshall, International Audio Engineers, Darren, Robbo Roberts and Global Voice Andrew Peters. Thanks to TRYBOO Austrian Audio, making Passion her Source Elements, George, the Tech Wisdom and Robbo and APS International Demo. To find out more about us, check the Pro Audio Suite dot com.
Speaker 4: So welcome another pro.
Speaker 2: Thank thanks Robert, you've got the credits, What about the credits?
Speaker 4: Come on, welcome PA P two hundred Austrian Audio and try both there you go.
Speaker 1: Don't try. Don't try putting p A P two hundred into Austrian Audio though, because you won't get anybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah t r p.
Speaker 2: A P two Yeah you're not with Austrian Audio. It's try nice try So thou hast been busy art the.
Speaker 4: We we we.
Speaker 2: Finally people like paying here at the beginning of the shot, I might understand what that was all about, but you.
Speaker 4: Know that's a long that's a long conversation. Yeah, I was doing a little tech support for someone who was using a u A interface with Georgie's wonderful retying of the u A knot where he takes the OX one and two sends off the u A mixer and makes them inputs one in two for the overall u A interface with respect to any other software.
Speaker 1: We got, we got it. We got all the wiring.
Speaker 3: And yeah, he just plude editing in different places inside the u A console.
Speaker 4: And it's and then and then he and then he uses the virtuals of u A, the virtual drivers of u A to return the DAW separately from the Mac. Right, And that's great because now you can have playback. You can return the DAW back to two channels and send those two channels to OX one and two off the UA mixer, which then basically feeds playback back to your clients. Done.
Speaker 3: That's the loop back thing. Everybody's always asking me, can you set up loop back? How can I do a loop back?
Speaker 1: I needed, you know, blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but this this user was doing podcasts and he wanted to play back his overall desktop audio.
Speaker 3: So now coming out of the Mac system correct coming out had to go back down the line. And the down the line part was also based on system sound right because it was right Chrome.
Speaker 4: So the issue here is that, like you know, you have Chrome, Zoom, et cetera. It's outputting to the Mac driver, which you use virtual three four that shows up on the console in three four and then you want to send playback to that, so you so you route ox one and two to two there, but what's on the Mac the return of the Google Meet and there's your loop, and you can't get around it. Because you say, okay, fine, I'm going to return the Mac output one in two instead of three and four, you still have the same problem. It returns. The problem always is that Zoom whoever it is, is coming back the same place that all your other Mac playback is coming to.
Speaker 1: You can't separate them.
Speaker 4: So I said, you know you're going to need Nexus for this and all the things that Nexus does. Specifically, all he really needed was Nexus Review, which is this standalone app and when you launch Nexus Review has an option to capture the system audio. So what it does is it takes whatever your system audio is in this case goes UA and it says, nope, I'm going to send it to this Nexus system audio device. Now it's got it. And it brings that into Nexus Review, and the Nexus Review says, what was your system output? Oh, it was the UA. I'll make my output the UA. So now everything is return to the UA, but the system is playing back through the system audio Nexus device, and we can blend that into the input of where your talkback is also inputting too. So Nexus Review can grab your talkback MIC, it can grab your system audio send it to an input, and that input doesn't have your output from the UA in it, and therefore you don't have the.
Speaker 3: So it's a little mixer, sort of a monor mixer with a mixed minus built in built into it.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's exactly right, sneak.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: And when you launch the app, it automatically grabs your system audio, and when you quit the app, it sends your system audio back to wherever it was originally going to. So if you're not using it, it undoes what it did.
Speaker 3: And you recommend for a lot of folks that once do you recommend it, they auto load it so it's always loading and it's always there, or do you really recommend they load it only when they need it depends.
Speaker 4: You could literally set it in the applications. You know, auto boot in your system, your systems set up. You could literally do that. It just depends on how if. I mean, because literally you can just have it there and then everything goes through there. And the other nice thing is that then you've got a separate fader for your client return, for your your talk back, your return of the Mac. And it has a separate input for a broadcast end. So you can have two separate inputs, the Mac capture and a separate output you could like output your dowed to it. It just depends if you want to have it always running. You could certainly just have it automatically launch. I mean, that's what I do. I have a much more massive version of this going on. I don't know if you guys have ever seen my screen, but I instead of just having the simple you know, Nexus Review, which really is just a set of routes, I use Router and if I share my whole screen, you will notice out of my way, but you will notice that's my router setup. So there's a lot more going on in there.
Speaker 3: But this is all we're looking at is a bunch of meters. He's got a screen full of meters and each one of them is representing an input and an output.
Speaker 4: And as you talk you see it bouncing. Okay, cool, So this has all my you know, from the clients to the clients, from the chat to the chat has it's sort of a very big version of the same idea. So there's yeah, and with Nexus you get that, so you can also set up your this little Nexus review thing doesn't quite do what I want. I want to go nuts, have fun, go nuts.
Speaker 1: So we're getting steps.
Speaker 3: We're getting further away from having to be having needing to have an Apollo to do more complicated routing, playback loops, et cetera.
Speaker 1: You could have a Scarlet two I two just review right.
Speaker 4: And the whole thing about the Apollo, I think, more than the routing that it does is the absolute perfect real time monitoring and with plugins. If you want to have that emulation of the manly and you want to run it in real time, and you want your input to be cooked into the doll with that processing baked into it, that's where the Apollo truly truly shines.
Speaker 3: Does Next Review support plugins, not yet right, not yet, it's something, but even if it does, it's native.
Speaker 4: You're always going to have that tiny there's latency. Latency that the latency that the kids don't care about, but all of us do, right, All the kids are used to it, like the little microscopic latency that just sounds like, is there two of me? I think, I don't know, Like it's not enough to throw you off musically, but it's just enough to be a slightly weird REAVERB or not even that. So it's always going to have that because it's it's software and the Apollo is.
Speaker 3: Hardware, well tangentially related. But I did notice that there was a change that's just sort of appeared out of the blue on Chrome on my Mac. It used to be that no matter what the output in Chrome was assigned to. For example, when you're in a Google Meet, you can choose what your input and your output is. But it would no matter what I said it was set to in the Google Meet output. It was using Mac system, I couldn't separate the two from each other. That's awesome. Now that works, really, it just works now. So so for as a long light, long last, when I play something back on a web browser, you guys can hear it on my playback fader.
Speaker 4: Because you can output Meat to a different output than your Mac.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I'm using a road caster, but I have the chat channel, which if you were using for example, if you were using a passport vo that would be the comms channel assigned to our conversation here. And then I have my max System sound sent to Maine, which is really just the output of the roadcast or the main mix, and that now allows me to have playback come in on a different set of channels. It's the same concept of this virtual channel stuff we're talking about.
Speaker 4: That's happening inside the mixer of the roadchemists.
Speaker 3: And really this is in this issue where Chrome would not be independent from max System sound output channels would not allow me to play anything back from Max System.
Speaker 4: But that's so weird because Nexus Gateway could output to a different output than the max System audio on Chrome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just a Chrome problem.
Speaker 4: But no, I'm saying NeXT's Gateway on Chrome didn't have that problem. Is this just a meat problem? Google Meet?
Speaker 1: No, No, it was I think it was Chrome. I think, well it could have been Meat because it's the only thing I ever used with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nexus Gateway didn't have that issue. You could pick your speed, your output and it would go there. I mean, that's how that's what Nexus Gateway relies on. It relies on sending the output from Nexus Chat.
Speaker 3: It's just getting finally, it's getting better and easier for people to do these separate mixes. And then you've got like those audio mixers now that are like a mind meld between the sound driver and the mixer, you know. So you like, let's say you're doing live streaming and you want to have the output of the game and the output of the discord chat room where everybody's talking, and the you know, the playbacks from something else, and those.
Speaker 1: All show up as separate audio inputs.
Speaker 4: Puts it on the monitor application of the of the Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that used to not be possible on Mac, but now apparently it is too. That's changed in the last couple of years, Like you can only do that on Windows.
Speaker 4: For a long time, well, Windows gave you a like an audio mixer. So in Windows for for many years, you could have five applications open and you would have a volume slider for each application.
Speaker 1: Groom, you'd have a right, I don't.
Speaker 4: And that was actually I think those specifically for the like Windows or with Sappy drivers, not not a s I O for example. But with Mac, if you wanted to change the volume of say iTunes, you had to go to iTunes and change the volume. There wasn't just a and then that's where uh uh it was it Roguamba or one of the one of the companies has like an app that kind of somehow gets into it.
Speaker 1: And loop loop.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's loop. It's all you. It's Rogua Meba. But I don't think it's loop back. It's one of.
Speaker 3: Their other it's the other things or any any record all or any record.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that.
Speaker 4: It's one of their apps. And it lets you see all your different apps and have a volume slider for each one, which is very Windows esque.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So so to wrap it all up, I guess I would say that you know the new Nexus.
Speaker 4: The name of it, it's Nexus Suite. So Nexus used to be does this plug in and now it's a suite of plugins and desktop software.
Speaker 3: What is the user If the user wants to recreate what we did or what you did for John, what do they need?
Speaker 4: They just need to use Nexus Review the standalone app, and when they launch it, they just kind of go into the preferences and turn on the system audio capture. And when they do that, it's done like it's going to grab their system audio and it's going to send it to the broadcast, and they can click the option to send their talk back to the broadcast. Because all these apps only have one input. And so the only tweak is that instead of whatever it is, Google, Meet, Zoom, et cetera, instead of making your mic the input, you make the Nexus broadcast the input, and that will include playback and your microphone.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 3: So now you don't need to have a roadcaster or an Apollo or any of these fancy interfaces. You can just have a really basic interface or even a USB mic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then you can play anything back your clients. And just so if you're using say twisted wave, I.
Speaker 1: Think live streamers will really like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, or Audacity, et cetera. I do realize you can do twisted wave with your can you No? No, it's still it's still the problem with the general chat rooms. Got it when you return them?
Speaker 3: Ye? Speaking of twister Wave, I have a whole lot of topic we should spin off into another episode about twister Wave because they released some.
Speaker 1: New faure your little update on that.
Speaker 4: Okay, well let's uh what did they do?
Speaker 1: We'll find out next week.
Speaker 2: It's very professional of us. The pro Audio Suite and Austrian audio recorded using Source Connect, edited by Andrew Peaters and mixed by Robo. Got your own audio issues just ask robo dot com. Tax record from George. Don't forget to subscribe to the show in the conversation on our Facebook group, to leave a comment, suggests a topic, or just say today drop us a note at our website audio suite dot com